159 East 53rd St
109 West 27th St

NYU [Langone Fertility Center] is very efficient. The number of patients can be very intimidating so it is really important to have a good relationship with your doctor - otherwise you can feel like a number. With Dr. DeVore I always felt like I was her most important patient and I imagine she makes everyone feel that way.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore is literally an angel. She was my second fertility doctor and I started with her at a point when I was feeling really down about my circumstances. I have a genetic condition that my husband and I were trying to screen and then found out that I have diminished ovarian reserve. The combination of the two made me feel like there was no chance for success. From the first time I spoke with Dr. DeVore I knew I had the right person on my team. She is brilliant, compassionate and values the doctor/patient relationship. Because of the genetic factors I completed multiple egg retrievals - my first cycle was the best one and I (being superstitious) wanted to recreate that cycle as closely as possible heading into my last one. That included being on birth control when it wasn't necessary and waiting an extra day before starting stims (which is rather unorthodox). Instead of brushing me off, Dr. DeVore welcomed my thoughts and believed that my instincts were valid. She really listened and as a result I had another very successful cycle. Dr. DeVore checked in on me often and made a point to be there for my scans whenever possible. She consoled me when a cycle didn't go well and celebrated the victories as if she was one of my closest friends. I truly believe that she made all the difference in my journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
No advice - just know that you picked the best doctor ever.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I am a patient that needs a lot of hand holding - to understand test results, next steps and all my options. Dr. DeVore always went out of her way to make sure that my questions were answered (no matter how many times I asked the same thing) and made herself really available throughout the process. She never made me feel like I was bothering her or second guessing her medical advice - it was a true partnership and I always felt like I was really being heard.
Describe the protocols Shannon DeVore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For some reason I had great results using birth control and a slightly delayed start. Makes no sense but it worked!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU is very efficient. The number of patients can be very intimidating so it is really important to have a good relationship with your doctor - otherwise you can feel like a number. With Dr. DeVore I always felt like I was her most important patient and I imagine she makes everyone feel that way.
Describe Shannon DeVore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Single embryo
NY - 53rd Street

Dr. Devore is exceptional. She went above and beyond for me on several occasions...I could not use my own eggs due to fragile x premature ovarian failure and she was very supportive of my donor egg search...I used their portal to ask many questions and she always got back to me...My first transfer resulted in an ectopic pregnancy and she immediately reached out to an excellent NYU surgeon to fit me into his schedule...
NYU was excellent. They provided me with an amazing egg donor. The doctors and staff are exceptional. They are efficient, compassionate...The nurses were friendly, efficient, and very competent. They took blood samples, handled scheduling the many visits, answered many of my questions. -The only negative is that there was not enough training on progesterone oil shots that we give ourselves at home. I needed more instruction...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore is exceptional. She went above and beyond for me on several occasions. I am extremely grateful and happy with her care. -I could not use my own eggs due to fragile x premature ovarian failure and she was very supportive of my donor egg search. She was kind and easy to talk to about that. I was also using donor sperm so I was a double donor IVF candidate. -I had had consultations with 3 other fertility doctors before her and they seemed arrogant and egocentric to me. I thought it was every doctor in the fertility field before I met Dr. Devore. She has somehow remained approachable. She made me feel like we were on the same level, for lack of a better term. -She explained each step thoroughly and answered all of my questions. I have some autoimmune issues and was concerned that they might play a role. I also was slightly neurotic about all of it and she was patient with me throughout. She was straightforward about the likelihood that each step would work. -I used their portal to ask many questions and she always got back to me. Many of the steps are time-sensitive so her timeliness was critical. -She was open to my feedback about my meds regimen. As it turned out, her instinct was correct, not mine. -My first transfer resulted in an ectopic pregnancy and she immediately reached out to an excellent NYU surgeon to fit me into his schedule. Amazing! That was above and beyond. -She then helped me to quickly arrange another transfer (after the healing period) before NYU’s one-month holiday break, rather than making me wait until after the break. Again, amazing! The second transfer worked and I’m looking at my 4-month old daughter right now. -When I asked her for ob recommendations at the end, she recommended Cornell b/c she had heard that they opened a new labor/delivery center that had all single beds. I really appreciated that extra assistance and it turned out to be amazing advice. -I had a hematoma with my second transfer. nyu was amazing - i reported the bleeding to them at 10pm and they gave me a 7am appt the next morning. They took a look and said I was still totally pregnant and the baby was fine. I think the dr that day was not dr devore but she was wonderful as well. -I could not be happier with the care I received from Dr. Devore
-ask all your questions, even the ones you think are silly or obvious. she will answer them all. -go with her instinct rather than yours. she is very experienced and has great judgement. -If it applies to you, do some egg and sperm donor research beforehand, specifically about genetic problems and testing for those.
-Fertility was an emotional topic for me and Dr. Devore was wonderful, so kind and easy to talk to. I was never felt embarrassed with her; I was comfortable the whole time. -I could not use my own eggs due to fragile x premature ovarian failure and she was very supportive of my donor egg search. -She answered all of my questions, sometimes multiple times, with patience. -She was honest about the likelihood of each outcome -Our meds regimen was specific to my medical situation. She was open to feedback about it. I never felt like a number. -Dr. Devore is a fantastic doctor
context: I was coming from early menopause, caused by fragile x premature ovarian failure so I likely needed more estrogen than most. -you go in for ultrasounds regularly throughout to measure the thickness of your uterus. -my first step was to to thicken my lining with a birth control pill for 11 days. I believe this was to simulate a menstrual cycle. -i took the following (am uncertain of order): blue estrogen pills inserted vaginally, estrogen patches, progesterone suppositories, progesterone oil injections (first in sesame oil, then olive oil when I developed an allergy to the sesame oil). -we added baby aspirin and low doses of prednisone for the second transfer but I don't think in hindsight they were really necessary. They were at my request due to some autoimmune issues I have but I think it would have worked without them and if I have another child, I would skip those.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jean-ann mckiernan)
-I have nearly all positive things to say about the nursing staff. The nurses were friendly, efficient, and very competent. They took blood samples, handled scheduling the many visits, answered many of my questions. -The only negative is that there was not enough training on progesterone oil shots that we give ourselves at home. I needed more instruction and support and mostly got it from facebook which should not be the case. I asked one of the nurses to draw circles on me where I should give myself the shots and she drew them at different places on my right and left sides, which confused me further. They should be the same spot on my left and right side. but apart from that, they are excellent. -The egg donor coordination team was wonderful! They are compassionate and competent. There was one small communication blip over email that they very quickly corrected. -The billing department was wonderful! No issues at all.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU was excellent. They provided me with an amazing egg donor. The doctors and staff are exceptional. They are efficient, compassionate. The offices were spotless. They took covid precautions seriously. They are meticulous. I have no complaints at all, except the one issue I mentioned about the nurses not training us enough on home injections. They are the best and I'd recommend them to my best friend. I am so grateful I lived near them and was able to use them.
I believe Dr. Devore doesn't recommend multiples. I had heard that the new standard for all doctors was not to do them because it is higher risk.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It was nothing serious at all. I think once or twice I called them to get my results because they weren't sent to me fast enough. But it was not a big issue.
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Grifo took the time to sit with me and my husband on our first visit, to explain everything to us. I was so impressed by his warmth, especially as one of the top doctors in this field, during that first visit. Subsequent visits were more rushed and I didn't really feel that same warmth...You're not going to get a lot of face time with Dr. Grifo...I felt the whole time that I was in good hands in his practice.
This is a very professional clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center], and they have clearly been around the block. They have a TON of experience, and it shows. One downside of being part of a huge clinic is that it can sometimes feel like you're getting lost in a sea of patients. I often had a hard time getting through to the nursing team...The nursing and coordinator teams, overall, were fantastic. Very compassionate and took the time to explain things to me.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
There's no question Dr. Grifo is one of the top experts in this field. While I would have loved to have had more face time with him throughout my treatment, I trust him and his associates implicitly. I felt the whole time that I was in good hands in his practice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
You're not going to get a lot of face time with Dr. Grifo, and the office is quite large and busy, but it's generally a well-oiled machine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Grifo took the time to sit with me and my husband on our first visit, to explain everything to us. I was so impressed by his warmth, especially as one of the top doctors in this field, during that first visit. Subsequent visits were more rushed and I didn't really feel that same warmth, but I guess that is to be expected.
Describe the protocols James Grifo used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
In our case, we are dealing with male factor infertility (my husband has non-obstructive azoospermia). Everything on my end was totally fine, so I didn't have to go through quite as aggressive of an egg retrieval protocol as initially expected. I don't remember all the details but the drugs used in my cycle were gonal-f, menopur, and one other (can't remember the name right now!). They were able to retrieve 18 eggs, of which 12 were able to be frozen. Then those eggs were thawed on the day of my husband's TESE procedure. They fertilized 6 eggs, and only 1 made it to the blastocyst stage. Unfortunately, it was a mosaic with a very low chance of survival so this was a failed IVF cycle. We'll try again in the future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nursing and coordinator teams, overall, were fantastic. Very compassionate and took the time to explain things to me. My only complaint was that they were very difficult to get in touch with at times. I had a lot of complicated timing things to work around and it took me days to get through to a nurse to explain how things were going to go. That was very frustrating.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This is a very professional clinic, and they have clearly been around the block. They have a TON of experience, and it shows. One downside of being part of a huge clinic is that it can sometimes feel like you're getting lost in a sea of patients. I often had a hard time getting through to the nursing team, which was completely understandable given how many patients they have, but that didn't make it any less frustrating. They're also not fully up-to-speed from an EMR standpoint. My husband's side of things were a lot easier to navigate because the male fertility center is fully on the up-to-date EMR platform through NYU. Even though the female fertility center is part of the same system, they're using an antiquated system so results aren't uploaded, and it's very hard to communicate with the care team through there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It was generally pretty efficient. I always made sure to go first thing in the morning so I always missed that morning rush.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I don't remember the exact breakdown but if I recall correctly it was about $10,000 for the egg retrieval and another $10,000 for the thaw and fertilization (including genetic testing)
Describe James Grifo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I know that Dr. Grifo does not do multiple embryo transfers, as his experience has shown him that it's not worth the risk. I understand and agree with his position.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Communication was a really big issue. I had multiple days where I had to spend the entire day on the phone trying to track down a member of the nursing team or a care coordinator, to get answers on how to proceed with certain parts of my cycle. In the end it all worked out, but that lack of clear communication added a lot of stress to an already stressful situation.
James Grifo
Investor
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I appreciate how Dr Licciardi was blunt, straightforward and I liked his bedside manner. One time during treatment he called me at home to see how I was doing. But I only saw him once in person apart from the initial consultation (he just happened to be attending one day during monitoring)...Once I began treatment, it was as though he completely checked out. None of my doses were adjusted even though I was not responding and he wasn’t reachable when a nurse called me to cancel my cycle right before retrieval day.
The NYU FC nurses are great, there are a lot of them with varying levels of experience but the senior nurses are extremely knowledgeable, very responsive...Given their volume, they operate like a well-oiled machine...I had to postpone my cycle by a month because their orientation class was fully booked. I changed coordinators and this didn’t happen again...I was informed of my cancelled cycle via voice mail from a nurse the day before my scheduled retrieval. I called back 3 min later but could not reach anyone, they had closed early for the day.
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I would recommend Dr Licciardi to someone with a simple case. For someone with a more complex case or poorer prognosis, needing more customized care, I would NOT recommend him at all. I changed doctors after my cancelled retrieval and I am extremely happy I did so.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Be ready to advocate for yourself and do not expect to be guided at all. Ask a thousand questions if you do get the chance to speak with him (different protocols, what could they adjust, what levels are they looking for and on what basis will they adjust doses) - don’t expect any of this information to be volunteered as you may never actually see Dr L in person again after your first visit. He doesn’t always answer calls, but he DOES respond to emails.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I appreciate how Dr Licciardi was blunt, straightforward and I liked his bedside manner. One time during treatment he called me at home to see how I was doing. But I only saw him once in person apart from the initial consultation (he just happened to be attending one day during monitoring), and I felt like I got conflicting information and levels of care from different doctors and fellows over the course of each cycle. Once I began treatment, it was as though he completely checked out. None of my doses were adjusted even though I was not responding and he wasn’t reachable when a nurse called me to cancel my cycle right before retrieval day.
Describe the protocols Frederick Licciardi used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
IUI cycle - Letrozole (one follicle, no pregnancy) IVF cycle - “mild” dose antagonist protocol with estrogen prime - protocol: estrogen patch + ganirelix prime; 150 iu follistim + clomid, ganirelix (17 days of stims), ovidrel trigger - result: cancelled cycle, recruited one follicle, still intended to retrieve (DOR, poor prognosis) but ovulated after trigger / shortly before retrieval
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary Hartpence)
The NYU FC nurses are great, there are a lot of them with varying levels of experience but the senior nurses are extremely knowledgeable, very responsive (once I could not reach my nurse because she was in the OR but they share files and my problem was solved by another nurse right away). Given their volume, they operate like a well-oiled machine.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Strengths: organized, high volume, solid nursing staff, once you learn to navigate the clinic they are very responsive, good for cookie-cutter cases Weaknesses: you’ll never see your doctor, you’ll get conflicting information from attending a and fellows (several doctors openly questioned my protocol), you will NOT receive personalized care. Also because they are so big, there’s not a lot of flexibility around scheduling (need to check a lot of boxes, little leeway). For me this didn’t work - my ovarian reserve is very low and my antral count varies month to month. I need to optimize my cycles around my body and not the clinic’s calendar, so switched to a smaller clinic with better results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
IUI and IVF were covered by insurance, meds were out of pocket (~$5000), biopsy for PGS was ~$4,600 out of pocket.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
1) When scheduling my first IVF cycle, miscommunication between my doctor and coordinator meant that I never actually got on the official calendar. I had to postpone my cycle by a month because their orientation class was fully booked. I changed coordinators and this didn’t happen again. 2) I was informed of my cancelled cycle via voice mail from a nurse the day before my scheduled retrieval. I called back 3 min later but could not reach anyone, they had closed early for the day. It took me several hours to reach anyone and still never received a medical explanation for why my estrogen dropped right before the retrieval. 3) I paid upfront for PGS testing (biopsy) but retrieved zero eggs. I have spent months trying to get that cost refunded since there were no embryos to biopsy. I have still not gotten an answer from the billing dept.
Frederick Licciardi
NY - 53rd Street
Undergoing fertility treatment during a global pandemic brought on all kinds of additional questions, concerns, and complications. Dr. DeVore went above and beyond to make sure I was informed, comfortable, and aware of my options. She considered not only my physcial health, but also remembered the information I shared about my career stressors...was always honest and extremely considerate of my concerns, questions, and unique needs. I felt like she completely understood what I was hoping to accomplish, and she was always forthcoming, providing additional information that I might want to consider for future decision-making. I felt that she was very attentive to my treatments and made the best possible decisions throughout my cycles.
While the morning monitoring is run like a tight ship [at NYU Langone Fertility Center], the nurses are kind and treat you like a person. They provide clear instructions telephonically and are very responsive to questions. When it comes to the actual retrieval, the nurses are PHENOMENAL (Jackie, Mary, and Danielle come to mind). They were so patient and caring - exactly what I needed throughout the retrieval experience.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was always honest and extremely considerate of my concerns, questions, and unique needs. I felt like she completely understood what I was hoping to accomplish, and she was always forthcoming, providing additional information that I might want to consider for future decision-making. I felt that she was very attentive to my treatments and made the best possible decisions throughout my cycles.
Be honest and communicative about what you're hoping to achieve as a result of the treatments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
While the morning monitoring is run like a tight ship, the nurses are kind and treat you like a person. They provide clear instructions telephonically and are very responsive to questions. When it comes to the actual retrieval, the nurses are PHENOMENAL (Jackie, Mary, and Danielle come to mind). They were so patient and caring - exactly what I needed throughout the retrieval experience.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was prepared ahead of time, knowing that I wouldn't always see my doctor. Nonetheless, that can be jarring for those who don't expect that. Every doctor I saw was extremely attentive, prepared, and willing to answer questions and provide additional context if I requested it. The facilities are very pleasant and clean. When I returned for my second cycle, it felt like I was returning to a comfortable place where I'd be taken care of and that was very assuring for me.
NY - 53rd Street
Absolutely outstanding care. She [Dr. DeVore] is so personal with the patient, so human as a woman herself. Best advice. Manages expectations and helps you make the right decision with a full context...Having her at each of my surgery calmed me down and I am convinced that her mood and confidence and guidance helped me with Producing more results as expected. Having her excitement on the phone as she told me the final results was just so special. I have rarely felt that close to a doctor....
[nurses at NYU Langone Fertility Center] prompt care and answers. Very personal service...Good management of expectations on waiting time. Very good organization. Seamless process, good communication on results and next steps. You get callS back everyday. My only suggestion is to maybe see if their flexibility of 7-9 monitoring on weekends could be for a little later but that’s all!
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
No weakness really. We did try a hormonal treatment a little earlier in one cycle and I know the results didn’t come as expected / I had to cancel the cycle but she has never hidden that from me. She did that in the best way possible: Trying to make my results and cycles as effective as possible. She is beyond impressive with her care, her personal advice, her concerns, her follow-ups, her experience as both a woman and a doctor. Having her at each of my surgery calmed me down and I am convinced that her mood and confidence and guidance helped me with Producing more results as expected. Having her excitement on the phone as she told me the final results was just so special. I have rarely felt that close to a doctor. Her pronostics are Always on point. She is just made for this!
To never stop doing what she does and keep a strong team of women with her! Having the feedback from female doctors is important. Her team is excellent too. I can tell she is a great manager.
Absolutely outstanding care. She is so personal with the patient, so human as a woman herself. Best advice. Manages expectations and helps you make the right decision with a full context. Beyond a doctor, I would almost consider as professional friend, that’s how we connected very well. She is extremely professional. I would highly recommend to anybody and would also come say hi at the facility next time I am in New York just because I am so grateful.
Ultrasound from start was low: so she was able to give me expectations on keeping cycles regular. And guiding me on cancelling some travels. She has also been very much adapting when I had to go to France and and followed everything remotely with the best guidance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Same with Christine and Jackie: prompt care and answers. Very personal service. Impressive. Also the type of persons I would love to see again next time I am in New York. Only good memories and advice.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A little bit of a coordination and wait between them and my insurance but minimal. Sometimes difficult to get people on the phone. This relates to an earlier question but posting it here as I can’t go back And just remembering it: had to insist a Lot w follow ups to get an overview of my consent forms and future storage needs.
She has been very good at adapting to my cycle and waiting a little more before retrieval knowing that my body process is a little longer than usual
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
As a single woman, this process has been full of emotional landmines, and Dr. Devore was so wonderful in helping me navigate them, always empathy and honesty. She never made me feel pushed towards any course of action, but I also knew she was invested in helping me reach my goals (and fully understood how they might be different than other womens'). She's smart and candid and funny and empathetic...Make sure you are totally clear on timelines...I was sometimes surprised by how long something would take or how quickly I would have to decide something
I thought the care coordinators [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] were very perfunctory and left out important information (like needing to have sperm in place prior to day one). The nurses were a rotating band, some better than others. Definitely recommend going to the west side office when you can, it's much calmer and less crowded, which makes you feel less like a number...I was annoyed that I never knew when to expect those calls, because if I missed them, I found it was hard to get a person on the phone when I called back
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I felt compelled to write a review because I used this site to help me find a doctor. While I'm still in the middle of my treatment, I can't recommend Dr. Devore highly enough. As a single woman, this process has been full of emotional landmines, and Dr. Devore was so wonderful in helping me navigate them, always empathy and honesty. She never made me feel pushed towards any course of action, but I also knew she was invested in helping me reach my goals (and fully understood how they might be different than other womens'). She's smart and candid and funny and empathetic. And also, while I haven't done a transfer yet, I know she has a high success rate because I studied her papers before I chose her. I feel assured that when I'm ready to get pregnant, she'll do everything in her power to make that happen for me.
Make sure you are totally clear on timelines. This is the one place where her communication fell down a bit, and I was sometimes surprised by how long something would take or how quickly I would have to decide something.
I hit it off right away with Dr. Devore and from then on, she made me feel she was invested in me, medically as well as emotionally.
I had frozen eggs before, and the drug protocol here seemed very much the same. But Dr. Devore used the information from that prior freeze to make adjustments to my trigger time to help yield the best results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim Peters was my patient coordinator)
I thought the care coordinators were very perfunctory and left out important information (like needing to have sperm in place prior to day one). The nurses were a rotating band, some better than others. Definitely recommend going to the west side office when you can, it's much calmer and less crowded, which makes you feel less like a number.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It's a big hospital system and all the annoying bureaucracy that comes with that. I hated the east side location. It was inconvenient for me but also always crowded and the retrieval rooms there felt kind of dingy and uncomfortable. Usually, you go in for monitoring in the morning and you get a call in the afternoon with updates. I was annoyed that I never knew when to expect those calls, because if I missed them, I found it was hard to get a person on the phone when I called back. Communication about drugs and insurance also generally sucked; my doctor herself actually provided the most knowledge of how to maximize my insurance benefits.
I was lucky to have great insurance coverage under Progyny, which covered almost everything.
NY - Westside
I only met dr hodes two times but She was responsible for my protocol overall and I felt very cared for the whole time. I knew that I could call her with any questions I had. During my last visit with her she answered all of my questions with a positive and excited attitude and showed sympathy for the long journey it took for us to get there.
The entire nursing staff and patient coordinator were so responsive to my emails and phone calls...It is a big practice and the monitoring is done by the nursing staff. I didn’t see the doctor in person a lot because my case was fairly straight forward...I can’t tell you how many hours she sat on the phone with going over options. The team really goes above and beyond
How was your experience with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Do not be afraid to ask questions and take the time to ask them. Dr hodes is there to help and is very genuine
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr hodes always spoke to me like a peer vs talking down to me like many other doctors do
Describe the protocols Brooke Hodes-Wertz used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I started with menapur and gonal f 150 (I already forgot the exact dosages!). The menapur dosage seemed to stay consistent throughout when the gonal f came down to 75.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim )
The entire nursing staff and patient coordinator were so responsive to my emails and phone calls. I particularly loved Taylor. She was my favorite nurse. Sarnia is dr hodes assistant who was the BEST
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It is a big practice and the monitoring is done by the nursing staff. I didn’t see the doctor in person a lot because my case was fairly straight forward and I don’t think it required hyper care. I think if it had I would have been dr hodes more. If you are seeking genetic testing like I did Andrea bassir is AMAZING. I can’t tell you how many hours she sat on the phone with going over options. The team really goes above and beyond
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Most of my fees were covered by insurance
Describe Brooke Hodes-Wertz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There really was no discussion of multiple embryo transfer since it wasn’t relevant to why I was seeking IVF treatment
NY - Westside
Dr. Devore knew I had already done a lot of testing that all came back norm which left us scratching our heads. She proposed a mock cycle to do a special exam to test my uterine lining for receptivity. We'll that could have been it! They found I needed 12 more hours of progesterone to be receptive...I didn't realize how bad my past IVF doctor was until I experienced how good it CAN be. She was kind and so sorry for what I had experienced and shared in my determination to get this baby...every single test result and call was given by Dr. Devore
[staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center] are strong and organized and confident and incredibly good at what they do. Every appointment was organized, while busy, what can you expect. It was clean and everyone knew you or knew what you were there for. The positivity was motivating...[nurses at NYU are] So kind, and have a pulse for what you have been and are going through....
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore listened to my journey and didn't put be in a box because I was young. She took every measure and divine timing to ensure I was looked after. I didn't realize how bad my past IVF doctor was until I experienced how good it CAN be. She was kind and so sorry for what I had experienced and shared in my determination to get this baby! She gave us the gift of life and I am so thankful.
She is amazing and just relax and enjoy and trust the experience. You are in the best hands.
NYU is a shared practice but every single test result and call was given by Dr. Devore! She even came up to say hi to me when I was waiting to do my retrieval, even though she wasn't the MD on duty. She is the kindest, warmest doctor I was so lucky to have had the pleasure to meet.
Dr. Devore knew I had already done a lot of testing that all came back norm which left us scratching our heads. She proposed a mock cycle to do a special exam to test my uterine lining for receptivity. We'll that could have been it! They found I needed 12 more hours of progesterone to be receptive. It worked!
So kind, and have a pulse for what you have been and are going through.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
No weaknesses. They are strong and organized and confident and incredibly good at what they do. Every appointment was organized, while busy, what can you expect. It was clean and everyone knew you or knew what you were there for. The positivity was motivating and I am forever grateful.
Out of pocket for special test and some genetic testing, but mostly all was covered by insurance.
Her advice was gold standard!
NY - Westside

Dr Blakemore never once made me do unnecessary testing that wouldn’t be covered...[her] manner is so comforting. She takes the time to listen. She is extremely thorough She is caring...[she] thought of adding in things to my FET protocol and doing some testing which we found out interesting results I never knew I would come across or never knew about if I have never seen her. She was the only doctor that was able to get me pregnant and moved quickly to take action on results
The [NYU Langone Fertility Center] clinic is well organized, friendly, clean, well managed. Monitoring is handled very well and in a timely manner. I would highly recommend this clinic to my family my friends and anyone I do or do not know...Dr Blakemore is genuinely a amazing doctor. She is smart, caring, pleasant, Thorough, and will think of different plans to get you to your goal.
How was your experience with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr Blakemore is genuinely a amazing doctor. She is smart, caring, pleasant, Thorough, and will think of different plans to get you to your goal. I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better doctor and I wouldn’t be able to have care with another physician in the fertility world. She makes you feel so comfortable and confident.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Trust your doctor, Dr Blakemore has never steered me wrong.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr Blakemore’s manner is so comforting. She takes the time to listen. She is extremely thorough She is caring
Describe the protocols Jennifer Blakemore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was with another physician in the group who was great. But I didn’t end up with any positives. Dr Blakemore thought of adding in things to my FET protocol and doing some testing which we found out interesting results I never knew I would come across or never knew about if I have never seen her. She was the only doctor that was able to get me pregnant and moved quickly to take action on results
Caring, thorough, comforting, smart, fast, and gentle
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic is well organized, friendly, clean, well managed. Monitoring is handled very well and in a timely manner. I would highly recommend this clinic to my family my friends and anyone I do or do not know.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My Insurance covered most costs. However Dr Blakemore never once made me do unnecessary testing that wouldn’t be covered
2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Hodes-Wertz] is kind and honest. NYU is a big operation, but I always felt like she was looking out for me. I was able to see her once during morning monitoring and she also performed my egg retrieval...I feel so lucky to have selected her as my doctor...After the urologist’s plan changed, she made a point of calling me multiple times and having a nurse check in on me.
[NYU Langone Fertility Center] is a bit operation. Even with an appointment for morning monitoring, it still took a while at times. That being said, they called quickly after each appointment to update me about my progress. I felt the that I could ask any questions that came up. I was also able to call back as things came up...Although there are a lot of nurses, everyone was extremely kind
She is kind and honest. NYU is a big operation, but I always felt like she was looking out for me. I was able to see her once during morning monitoring and she also performed my egg retrieval. Despite the setbacks associated with Covid-19, she still checked in on us. I feel so lucky to have selected her as my doctor. I would also suggest that if you are able you should use the non-1st avenue location.
Ask questions and if you don’t understand something ask again.
She was extremely kind. After the urologist’s plan changed, she made a point of calling me multiple times and having a nurse check in on me.
225 of gonal f and 150 of menopur. We then added centroide and triggered with pregnyl and something else.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Although there are a lot of nurses, everyone was extremely kind. After doing morning monitoring once or twice, I knew each of the nurses and felt much more comfortable
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It is a bit operation. Even with an appointment for morning monitoring, it still took a while at times. That being said, they called quickly after each appointment to update me about my progress. I felt the that I could ask any questions that came up. I was also able to call back as things came up.
My insurance covered everything.

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. James Grifo] provided me and my partner with benefit and risk followed by all the numbers and statistics so we can make our own decision. But when we were lost he was there to give us his advise...Don't expect to see him every visit, but he will be there for you when you need explanation or guidance...He listens to all our needs...I felt we're cared about.
Though [NYU Langone Fertility Center] operation doesn't allow us to see our doctor every time, I felt we're cared about...your concerns will be answered with all the data and statistics they have collected...wonderful team of nurses. I cannot write enough great things about them. They are skilled professionals as well as just wonderful people...the earlier you go, the shorter the wait time was.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
At the first consultation, he provided me and my partner with benefit and risk followed by all the numbers and statistics so we can make our own decision. But when we were lost he was there to give us his advise.
He listens to all our needs from the beginning. Though NYU's operation doesn't allow us to see our doctor every time, I felt we're cared about. When we had to cancel the transfer cycle just two days before the procedure when ASRM announced their guideline to strongly recommend all patients to postpone the transfer, he was there for us to make the decision.
Retrieval: I began with Gonal F and Menopur, and when the day approaches he prescribed one more medichine to prevent me from ovulating too soon. Followed by HCG trigger shot. He recommended taking Selenium supplement, and eat more walnuts and 70g protein a day.
NYU 1st ave have a wonderful team of nurses. I cannot write enough great things about them. They are skilled professionals as well as just wonderful people.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
They are the leading clinic for IVF, especially PGS and PGD, in the industry. You don't see your doctor every time, but your concerns will be answered with all the data and statistics they have collected.
Between 7am and 9am, the earlier you go, the shorter the wait time was. later time on Saturdays was much more crowded than weekdays.
Insurance covered most of it including PGS. Co-pay was about 2000.
He strictly recommends eSET.
James Grifo
NY - 53rd Street

Dr. Blakemore exceeded our expectations, and went above and beyond to show us how strong and far we can really get. She thinks of new/different plans that other's don't think of and is so compassionate...She is extremely organized and detail oriented. she is available when you need her and you can tell she loves helping people.
The staff [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] cares about you, and you don't get treated like a number...The only slight weakness I would say is billing. This clinic has lots of Strengths. They are clean, organized, and available always. They have lovely staff members, doctors, and nurses....[nurse] made us feel confident on how to do things and get through our treatment.
As an infertility patient, you end up going through so much, whether it is surgery, testing, multiple cycles, multiple pregnancy failures/losses. Dr. Blakemore exceeded our expectations, and went above and beyond to show us how strong and far we can really get. She thinks of new/different plans that other's don't think of and is so compassionate. She is the sweetest doctor and the fertility world is extremely blessed to have her in their world. She is extremely organized and detail oriented. she is available when you need her and you can tell she loves helping people.
Be patient, Trust her judgment and recommendations. Always ask whatever questions you have. She is extremely patient and understanding and no question is a stupid question. She is the smartest doctor I have ever met.
Dr. Blakemore shows her genuine care in you, and your treatment. You can easily see how much effort and time she puts into her patients. She was so amazing to me and my husband and made us feel totally confident and important in every way.
Mary Hartpence is one of the most kindest, sweetest nurses I have ever encountered. She guides you every step of the way and completely made us feel confident on how to do things and get through our treatment. She is extremely patient, and caring.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The only slight weakness I would say is billing. This clinic has lots of Strengths. They are clean, organized, and available always. They have lovely staff members, doctors, and nurses. The staff cares about you, and you don't get treated like a number. They have excellent outcomes.
I had coverage through my insurance, with minimally cost of co-payments/co-insurance
Describe Jennifer Blakemore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr. Blakemore was very careful about transferring multiple embryos and cared about the safety and outcome of my transfer. We both agreed eSET was the best route for me.
2020, Unsuccessful
I just wish Berkeley paid attention to his patients charts weekly. Some clients need prior surgeries and it’s not good at all if the DOCTOR doesn’t keep up on her. unnecessary tests because they ( forgot or aren’t reading her chart ) or missing pieces in the med package that wasn’t addressed on their end...[he] is never there
The [NYU Langone] nurses are very nice, but they make the decisions on how to proceed. The nurses are not doctors. I just wish Berkeley paid attention to his patients charts weekly. Some clients need prior surgeries and it’s not good at all if the DOCTOR doesn’t keep up on her. unnecessary tests because they ( forgot or aren’t reading her chart ) or missing pieces in the med package that wasn’t addressed on their end
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr Berkeley is never there. The nurses are very nice, but they make the decisions on how to proceed. The nurses are not doctors. I just wish Berkeley paid attention to his patients charts weekly. Some clients need prior surgeries and it’s not good at all if the DOCTOR doesn’t keep up on her. unnecessary tests because they ( forgot or aren’t reading her chart ) or missing pieces in the med package that wasn’t addressed on their end. For the price that they charge , it should be an immaculate service provider.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Don’t let the nurses stay on top of the situation without your knowledge
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Forgetful. Nice.
Alan Berkeley

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Fino spends enough time with a patient and had all my questions answered...I absolutely trust this doctor, I also know my chances due to my age and I think we are on the same page. I am exploring all of my options and open to everything she suggests. She also always listens to what I have to say or suggest as well....
the nurses army [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] is great, very experienced. well oiled machine. But the patient always must be proactive...Weakness - is always crowded...out of pocket: IUI medicated - around 5K. medication for IVF - around 5K, 15,5K cycle with PGD testing. All pre IVF tests and surgery (75-100k)...Dr. Fino spends enough time with a patient and had all my questions answered.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
educate yourself as much as you can before hand in order to ask questions. It helps
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Fino spends enough time with a patient and had all my questions answered.
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Fino used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I always had max dosage due to DOR, my first cycle was cancelled and we did IUI instead, my second cycle was good (6 follicles, 6 eggs, 3 embryos)
the nurses army is great, very experienced. well oiled machine. But the patient always must be proactive
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
this is the best clinic, if you have a health insurance which covers IVF - go there without doubts but do research your doctor and make sure you are comfortable with your choice. My friend recommended this clinic. Weakness - is always crowded but that also means they have a lot of experience
you have to come during monitoring hours and if you come early - you leave early.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
out of pocket: IUI medicated - around 5K. medication for IVF - around 5K, 15,5K cycle with PGD testing. All pre IVF tests and surgery (75-100k) were covered by insurance, IUI and IVF were denied.
Describe Elizabeth Fino's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
single embryo with generic testing, frozen cycle
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
was at the surgery, department but was solved when I called to clarify
Elizabeth Fino
2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Hodes-Wertz is amazing and I recommend her whole-heartedly. She has a great bedside manner and makes you feel like a human. She goes above and beyond to deliver quality care. We had done 3 IUIs and 1 retrieval and are about to do 1 Transfer with her...[she] is an excellent doctor who explains things well and provides a personal touch..
The [NYU Langone Fertility Center] clinic is TERRIBLE at billing. They consistently do not use your insurance information and send you large bills they expect you to pay out of pocket and then hound you to pay those bills. You have to call them during the small window of time they are open and get them to remember that you have insurance and to re-submit the bill. They will fight you on this every step of the way and make live very painful. Eventually it will get sorted and be fine but billing is the worst thing about working with NYU.
She is great and you will love her.
Dr. Hodes-Wertz is an excellent doctor who explains things well and provides a personal touch.
She recommended IUIs and then moving to IVF.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic is TERRIBLE at billing. They consistently do not use your insurance information and send you large bills they expect you to pay out of pocket and then hound you to pay those bills. You have to call them during the small window of time they are open and get them to remember that you have insurance and to re-submit the bill. They will fight you on this every step of the way and make live very painful. Eventually it will get sorted and be fine but billing is the worst thing about working with NYU.
3 IUIs, IVF, PGT-A Testing
1 embryo at a time.
NY - Westside

Dr. Berkeley is a super patient and knowlegable doctor. he always listened to my concerns and brought up solutions based on facts. He was easy to reach out to with the help of his assistant. After six months of effort, Im finally pregnant. I truly appreciate his help...I can feel that I'm taken care of.
The overall team of NYU fertility center and Dr. Berkeley's team is knowledgable and efficient. I can easily reach out to them whenever I have need. But I don't like the email system. the old emails expires in months and it's hard to track earlier conversations...Dr. Berkeley is a super patient and knowlegable doctor. he always listened to my concerns and brought up solutions based on facts
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I can feel that I'm taken care of.
Alan Berkeley
NY - 53rd Street

Dr. Blakemore made every step of the egg retrieval, embryo creation, testing, transfer and monitoring a breeze. Dr. Blakemore takes time to explain every step of the process, ensuring I understood and answering my questions. She makes herself available to answer questions that pop up outside of visits (as they definitely will). I felt that every step of the way I was under top quality medical care and really understood the process...has a level of kindness, compassion and approachability that you don't always find in a doctor and that is really important for your fertility specialist as this entire process can be so high pressure and stressful.
The nursing staff, care coordinators, and financial advisors [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] are the picture of professionalism. They are organized, responsive, and proactive. At all times, I felt like my needs to being taken care of by competent people. In addition, they were exceptionally kind and warm...I was always greeted with a smile, and after the first visit, by name. Phone calls were always prompted answered and/or returned...
Dr. Blakemore made every step of the egg retrieval, embryo creation, testing, transfer and monitoring a breeze. Dr. Blakemore takes time to explain every step of the process, ensuring I understood and answering my questions. She makes herself available to answer questions that pop up outside of visits (as they definitely will). I felt that every step of the way I was under top quality medical care and really understood the process. But beyond that, Dr. Blakemore has a level of kindness, compassion and approachability that you don't always find in a doctor and that is really important for your fertility specialist as this entire process can be so high pressure and stressful.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Blakemore expects them, she wants you to understand and she has a communication skill level that is above and beyond!
Dr. Blakemore, and the entire staff at NYU Fertility Center, were always warm and caring. I was always greeted with a smile, and after the first visit, by name. Phone calls were always prompted answered and/or returned. I always felt like Dr. Blakemore took the time I needed to answer my questions and reassure my concerns. She was always willing to go the extra mile to help me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shanetta and Kimown)
The nursing staff, care coordinators, and financial advisors are the picture of professionalism. They are organized, responsive, and proactive. At all times, I felt like my needs to being taken care of by competent people. In addition, they were exceptionally kind and warm! For each clinic visit, I practically felt like I was visiting friends!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The staff of the clinic is warm, thoughtful and professional from top to bottom. The clinic is beautifully designed, clean and comfortable. My treatments occurred during the COVID pandemic, and I felt like all necessary precautions were made for my safety and the safety of other patients and staff.
I had out of pocket costs for all services and medications as my insurance covered almost nothing.
My doctor preferred a single embryo transfer. As it was explained to me, the transfer of multiple embryos didn't seem to increase your chance at a live birth, rather just your changes at multiples. I believe the clinic will allow multiple transfers, but it takes some extra counseling and was not something I was interested in pursuing.
2020, 18 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Blakemore] was very attentive and thorough with her explanations and procedures...she made me feel comfortable and safe throughout the process by making herself always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. It was so clear that she is passionate about her work and she cares about her patients...She really means it when she says, "You can always ask me any questions". She will give you very thoughtful and comprehensive answers and you will feel so much better.
I knew that NYU Fertility Clinic was a lot more expensive than other clinics in the city but it was worth it...In spite of the large number of patients they see everyday, all of the nursing staffs treated me like a human, not like a number. They were thorough and compassionate...My primary location was the west side clinic and I was amazed how beautiful the clinic was! Since I had to visit the clinic every morning, it made a big difference. The wait time was also significantly less than the east side location
She was the best doctor I ever had! It was by luck that I found her and I feel extremely fortunate that I had her as my doctor for my treatment. From the moment I stepped into her office, she made me feel very comfortable and I knew I was making the right decision to have my treatment at her clinic. Her passion for her work and genuine compassion for her patients are evident and that makes a world of difference for patients.
Don't hesitate to ask her any questions or reach out to her about your concerns during the procedure. She really means it when she says, "You can always ask me any questions". She will give you very thoughtful and comprehensive answers and you will feel so much better.
She was very attentive and thorough with her explanations and procedures. Since it was my first time going through a fertility treatment, I did not know what to expect but she made me feel comfortable and safe throughout the process by making herself always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. It was so clear that she is passionate about her work and she cares about her patients. That made a huge difference.
In spite of the large number of patients they see everyday, all of the nursing staffs treated me like a human, not like a number. They were thorough and compassionate. I absolutely loved them!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My primary location was the west side clinic and I was amazed how beautiful the clinic was! Since I had to visit the clinic every morning, it made a big difference. The wait time was also significantly less than the east side location.
NY - Westside
Dr Devore treated me like I was her only patient - from the beginning when I transferred care to her after a few poor outcomes, through failed transfers, and finally another retrieval, she was always patient, kind, and brilliant...I feel like the mark of an excellent REI doctor is their ability to stand with you, mourn with you, and re-build your hope when you get bad news. Dr Devore is able to do all those things all the while with you knowing you are in the best possible hands.
The [NYU Langone Fertility Center] clinic has 2 locations, one busier and one more boutique. They are both nice. The facility is nice and easy to get to. Waiting rooms, ORs, and clinic rooms are nice. The billing department is great, when I noticed a mistake on my bill they adjusted it right away.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
There is no guarantee for good news in the process, but what I have found most important in an REI doctor is how much faith you have in them during the setbacks and how open, honest, and adaptable they are with the subsequent plans.
For egg retrieval, I did menopur and GonalF, then cetreotide and an hCG and lupron trigger. For my successful transfer, I was on 81mg aspirin daily, 40mg lovenox daily, 20mg famotidine daily, claritin daily, 10mg prednisone daily, 3mg estrace twice daily, and progesterone 1.5mg IM daily.
The nurses were always wonderful. After a year with so much monitoring, they get to know you really well and become great cheerleaders.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic has 2 locations, one busier and one more boutique. They are both nice. The facility is nice and easy to get to. Waiting rooms, ORs, and clinic rooms are nice. The billing department is great, when I noticed a mistake on my bill they adjusted it right away.
Because of my history of failed transfers, we decided to transfer 2 euploid embryos with the last cycle.
NY - 53rd Street

Dr. DeVore is warm, empathic and is clearly passionate about the work she does...She is an excellent physician and exceeded my expectations in terms of results. It was also very apparent to me that she goes above and beyond for all of her patients based on my observations of her and her equally excellent team...produced results (i.e., # of embryos that were normal based on preimplantation genetic testing) that exceeded my expectations. I felt very comfortable asking questions as I was always met with prompt and clear answers.
Every nurse [at NYU Fertility Center] I interacted with was extremely knowledgeable, approachable and helpful. The majority of nurses I interacted with were not aware that I am a physician and went above and beyond in terms of being accommodating with my hectic schedule and ensuring that they were able to get in touch with me to communicate results, next steps, etc., All of the nursing staff were very warm and friendly, despite being quite busy...Efficient, well-oiled machine
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I am a female physician and plan to recommend her to my friends who are also physicians. She is an excellent physician and exceeded my expectations in terms of results. It was also very apparent to me that she goes above and beyond for all of her patients based on my observations of her and her equally excellent team.
Dr. DeVore is warm, empathic and is clearly passionate about the work she does. Not surprisingly, this passion translates to excellent results, which exceeded my expectations.
Every nurse I interacted with was extremely knowledgeable, approachable and helpful. The majority of nurses I interacted with were not aware that I am a physician and went above and beyond in terms of being accommodating with my hectic schedule and ensuring that they were able to get in touch with me to communicate results, next steps, etc., All of the nursing staff were very warm and friendly, despite being quite busy.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr. DeVore and her team were excellent communicators and most importantly, produced results (i.e., # of embryos that were normal based on preimplantation genetic testing) that exceeded my expectations. I felt very comfortable asking questions as I was always met with prompt and clear answers.
Efficient, well-oiled machine
Her team was upfront and clear about out of pocket costs.
NY - 53rd Street
Dr. DeVore was exactly what I was looking for in a fertility doctor. She always took the time to explain everything to me. She was honest but compassionate when there was not so good news, and she always had a plan for the next step, which I appreciated. She was able to get me pregnant on my third round of IUI, but we had already set up the process for IVF in case the IUI didn't work. I'm so grateful to her for getting me pregnant, but also for her knowledge and approachable bedside manner.
We did one round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot [at NYU Langone Fertility Center], and then the next round of IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot, which resulted in a pregnancy...All of the nurses were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and organized...I found the clinic to e very organized and well run. The open hours for labs/US could get crowded and you might wait for 15-20 minutes, but this was the same as the practice where I was seen first, so I wasn't surprised.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She will listen to what your hopes are and will be honest with you in coming up with your treatment plan. I very much appreciated her honest opinion and help in managing my expectations.
Dr. DeVore took the time to explain every detail of infertility with me, as well as every step along the way and exactly what the plan would be.
We did one round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot, and then the next round of IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot, which resulted in a pregnancy.
All of the nurses were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and organized.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My insurance almost completely covered my treatment. There were a few bills for ultrasounds and IUI, but overall less than $200 I would guess.
NY - 53rd Street
Dr. Blakemore is an excellent provider. She is sweet, personable, and most importantly knowledgeable on academic literature. She also informed me about newer medical procedures that were outside of the scope of her care. She is passionate and thorough in her testing, evaluations, and recommendations...a kind, professional, and compassionate doctor. She always took the time to follow-up via phone or e-mail in a timely manner...never be afraid to ask challenging questions. She is such a patient and knowledgeable provider
A primary strength of the clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is the schedule; the clinic has Saturday and early morning appointments. One weakness is that the phone line is always busy, but that is minor. A new patient should know that clinic is busy but very efficient, and they are great at following up with all their patients and accommodating your schedule...The nursing team was knowledgeable, efficient, and communicated in a timely manner
For any prospective patients of Dr. Blakemore, never be afraid to ask challenging questions. She is such a patient and knowledgeable provider.
Dr. Blakemore is a kind, professional, and compassionate doctor. She always took the time to follow-up via phone or e-mail in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carol)
The nursing team was knowledgeable, efficient, and communicated in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A primary strength of the clinic is the schedule; the clinic has Saturday and early morning appointments. One weakness is that the phone line is always busy, but that is minor. A new patient should know that clinic is busy but very efficient, and they are great at following up with all their patients and accommodating your schedule.
I had very little out of pocket cost associated with my care under Dr. Blakemore.
NY - Westside

Dr Blakemore went out of her way for my me and my partner. She was available at ever step of the process, even on her days off or in a different clinic. Dr Blakemore made us feel prepared and confident in our decision to through with the fertility treatment and we both feel extremely fortunate to have her as our doctor and in our corner...Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, she is very kind and takes the time to treat you like a person, understand exactly how you feel, educate you on each step of the way and go out of her way to make you feel comfortable and normal, which is often hard to do during any fertility process
[protocol at NYU Langone Fertility Center] I went off of my birth control for 1 month and then did 12 days of prescribed shots and had the treatment on day 13. Everything was better than expected and the results are through the roof. I will not have to go through another cycle given the success of this one...I trust Dr Blakemore and her decision to work with these nurses at this clinic. Everything was seamless and I see what lead her to NYU Fertility. I'd happily refer my closest friends. No weaknesses to note....
I have referred Dr Blakemore to my best friend! Dr Blakemore went out of her way for my me and my partner. She was available at ever step of the process, even on her days off or in a different clinic. Dr Blakemore made us feel prepared and confident in our decision to through with the fertility treatment and we both feel extremely fortunate to have her as our doctor and in our corner. I couldn't have asked for a more or better experience or outcome. I am sad to not have our daily interactions now that we are done with everything but couldn't be more grateful.
Don't look any further. Dr Blakemore is the absolute best.
Dr Blakemore is the absolute best. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, she is very kind and takes the time to treat you like a person, understand exactly how you feel, educate you on each step of the way and go out of her way to make you feel comfortable and normal, which is often hard to do during any fertility process. I would not have wanted (and frankly don't think I could have) done this with anyone else by my side.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Insurance covered one round; we covered half of the medications and the genetic testing.
NY - Westside
I felt completely safe and always hopeful in her [Dr. DeVore's] expertise and knowledge. I knew she was always assessing my progress, adapting the treatment as we went to ensure it worked best for me and the results showed. I had no doubt she would do everything in her power to help me get to the end result I wanted...She gave me the emotional support I needed but also told it to me straight...[we] discussed the approach for the embryo transfer and I felt very informed going into it
At the start it can feel overwhelming with the amount of information and documents to get signed. But NYU was incredibly organized and efficient with my time, guiding me through the process. I found the NYU app a really useful tool to keep me informed of appointments and billing etc and it was used effectively by the NYU team...I have nothing but positive words to saying about the full nursing staff. They went over and above in their care of me, it felt incredibly personal. They took the time to get to know me and understand my individual journey. I knew I could call them anytime with any question and they would be there for me
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I have so much love and respect when it comes to Shannon DeVore. I cannot speak highly enough of her. I feel incredibly lucky she ended up being my fertility doctor. Not only am I now pregnant but she managed to make the entire journey positive. She is outstanding at her job. I felt completely safe and always hopeful in her expertise and knowledge. I knew she was always assessing my progress, adapting the treatment as we went to ensure it worked best for me and the results showed. I had no doubt she would do everything in her power to help me get to the end result I wanted. Shannon DeVore is also a wonderful human being. She kept me afloat during the treatment. She lifted me up when I lost faith, she provide emotional support during difficult times, and she gave me the right amount of encouragement to continue when I thought hope was lost. She is open, honest and to the point - all essential in your fertility journey when you need to know where you stand.
Choose Shannon DeVore as your fertility doctor. Best thing you can do.
Shannon DeVore could not have made me feel more human or more listened to during my IVF journey. She was outstanding in her care of me - I felt like she completely understand everything I was going through. She gave me the emotional support I needed but also told it to me straight - our relationship was built on honesty and transparency. And in doing so she gave me the motivation to carry on when times were tough.
I have nothing but positive words to saying about the full nursing staff. They went over and above in their care of me, it felt incredibly personal. They took the time to get to know me and understand my individual journey. I knew I could call them anytime with any question and they would be there for me. I definitely cried on them multiply times and they showed me compassion and love. I thought they were outstanding.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was impressed with NYU Fertility from the get go. At the start it can feel overwhelming with the amount of information and documents to get signed. But NYU was incredibly organized and efficient with my time, guiding me through the process. I found the NYU app a really useful tool to keep me informed of appointments and billing etc and it was used effectively by the NYU team. It felt like a seamless operation which I hugely appreciated.
I found the monitoring appointments a well oiled machine. Especially if you choose an early morning slot, which worked out well for me, as there was hardly ever a queue. They really tried to move you through as fast as you can and once you were in the rhythm of them, understanding the need to go between 7-10am, then it worked really well.
I don't want to answer this as it is so specific to my fertility treatment so its not comparable.
Shannon DeVore and I discussed the approach for the embryo transfer and I felt very informed going into it. Again it was a very open dialogue throughout the process and I was very clear on why we were moving forward with the approach we choose.