660 1st Avenue
212.263.8990
109 West 27th St
212.263.8999

Dr. Berkeley was easy to talk to and very knowledgable. He rattles off a million statistics and can tell you your chances of getting pregnant based on x, y and z. We saw him three times. The initial consultation, the second consultation when IUI didn't work, and lastly when I was pregnant. I found him compassionate, trustworthy and would highly recommend.... After three failed IUIs we moved onto IVF with PGS- was pregnant after first attempt.
It's hard not to feel like you are in a fertility factor with the sheer number of patients present and the efficiency you are seen with. I don't see this as a bad thing. Most of the nurses and doctors are warm.... Strength in numbers- very busy clinic [NYU] means they have the experience and resources. All staff were very knowledgable, everything was very well organized. Two weaknesses were one incident of poor communication regarding shipment of medication and their billing department- unorganized and difficult to reach by phone.
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Don't expect to be hand held throughout the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
It's hard not to feel like you are in a fertility factor with the sheer number of patients present and the efficiency you are seen with. I don't see this as a bad thing. Most of the nurses and doctors are warm. I had been seen once by one of the more prominent doctors there and months later running into me in the elevator he remembered who I was. Very impressive.
Describe the protocols Alan Berkeley used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Very knowledgable and usually compassionate.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Strength in numbers- very busy clinic means they have the experience and resources. All staff were very knowledgable, everything was very well organized. Two weaknesses were one incident of poor communication regarding shipment of medication and their billing department- unorganized and difficult to reach by phone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
IUI and IVF were covered by insurance. PGS was not- we paid around $8,000 based on embryo count.
Describe Alan Berkeley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I highly respect the fact that more than one embryo implantation is NOT recommended by the clinic. They put the patient and baby's health ahead of the numbers game.

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
Unexplained fertility on our part, so we tried 4 IUI's (1 natural, 3 with clomid) which all failed....Dr. Grifo is a highly professional, honest and caring doctor, who doesn't try to 'sell' you on any fertility services. In the several meetings I have had with him, he has always been very frank yet warm, ready to share with us data from his years of research and work, and also understand how that understanding should be applied to us.
Orientation session [at NYU] that you must attend is very informative. Billing is straightforward for the most part, however those on the staff who are responsible for processing pre-authorizations of insurance are not the most responsive always -- you need to be persistent at times to get the information you need....The costs quickly add up; estimate ~$25-30K for first cycle (including PGS, meds, anaesthesia), that doesn't include the $4K per transfer after the initial.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols James Grifo used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Unexplained fertility on our part, so we tried 4 IUI's (1 natural, 3 with clomid) which all failed. This time around we are doing our first IVF with frozen transfer, and I was put on follistim, menopur and cetrotide with lupron trigger. I was responding very well to the medications (estradiol to ~5,000), so the dosage was taken down over the stimulation period.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Orientation session that you must attend is very informative. Billing is straightforward for the most part, however those on the staff who are responsible for processing pre-authorizations of insurance are not the most responsive always -- you need to be persistent at times to get the information you need.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center.

2013 - 2016, Successful
[Dr. Jamie] Grifo is one of very few doctors who doesn't talk down to his patients, but instead equips them with the information they need to decide on a course of action. I really appreciate that! I suspect this is partly because he is *not* insecure and because he is well-informed (partly due to undertaking research himself).
[NYU Fertility's] Strengths: extremely well-organized, with cutting-edge knowledge of procedures and expertise. Weaknesses: Sometimes it can be hard to get in touch of nurses by phone....Grifo is a straight-forward communicator, meeting with my husband and I a few times to talk about options and setting up a treatment plan. I felt he was doing evidence-based (rather than anecdote-based) medicine, and I got great results.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Take advantage of his expertise, and don't hesitate to ask questions.
There is a team of people you deal with. I found them all very nice in person. My one complaint is that they could be difficult to reach by phone. My calls, even during business hours to the nursing staff, often went to the answering service. If you have a busy schedule, it can be easy to miss the call they place back resulting in a lot of frustrating phone tag.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Very easy, usually a wait of less than 20 minutes.

2015 - 2016, 31 Eggs Frozen
Investor
Dr. Grifo is incredibly knowledgeable and overall is a great doctor. However, the time taken with me as a patient was higher at other clinics, as was the granularity of answers...Dr. Grifo is a very knowledgeable doctor. My experience overall with NYU was positive, as far as it went... However, it was unclear at the end of it whether I had enough eggs to be a true insurance policy. Additionally the hormone dose used was higher than at other clinics, where my results were similar...
The nursing staff is phenomenal at NYU...Efficient and not unpleasant, although assembly line...I had mild OHSS post treatment. There are medications that can be given to diminish this (ganirelex or cetrotide for a few days). While the other clinics I have been to were willing to provide that, NYU will not, which makes the recovery time much more prolonged and difficult...
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Grifo is a very knowledgeable doctor. My experience overall with NYU was positive, as far as it went. The process itself was straightforward. However, it was unclear at the end of it whether I had enough eggs to be a true insurance policy. Additionally the hormone dose used was higher than at other clinics, where my results were similar.
Ask his thought process behind the hormone doses he chooses. Also ask his viewpoint on whether eggs or embryos makes more sense, given your age and goals.
300 follistim, 300 menopur, 5 days clomid, ganirelex
The nursing staff is phenomenal at NYU
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Efficient and not unpleasant, although assembly line
$9200 per egg freeze cycle, $1000 for anesthesia. Med costs were separate and above this
NY - 1st Ave

Dr Alan is very knowledgeable and he does try to get as much of your background history as possible. He does follow up on you if you call or if you have a question. I would say the weakness is that he follows a protocol and doesn't feel that he ajusts the same to the patience needs... I was never offered some kind of comfort by the nurses. The doctor was very to the point but a bit cold in my opinion. And has you know all woman that are passing thru a treatment have to be almost warriors not only physically but physiologically.
I felt that I was only one more woman trying to get pregnant [at NYU]. It almost felt like a factory, we all seam to be following the same treatments and schedule. I was never offered some kind of comfort by the nurses. The doctor was very to the point but a bit cold in my opinion. And has you know all woman that are passing thru a treatment have to be almost warriors not only physically but physiologically.
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
make as many questions as you can so that you get all explain. Try to think of those before hand. Ask for psychological support if you need
I felt that I was only one more woman trying to get pregnant. It almost felt like a factory, we all seam to be following the same treatments and schedule. I was never offered some kind of comfort by the nurses. The doctor was very to the point but a bit cold in my opinion. And has you know all woman that are passing thru a treatment have to be almost warriors not only physically but physiologically.
They are knowledgeable but quite cold in my option. Felt like I was one more number....
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Good space. In my option a bit bad located. Check in is easy. I wish they had mychart active or a patience portal.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr Berkeley [at NYU] was straightforward and didn't sugar coat anything. I really liked that, because I felt I was in the hands of a professional. My husband was really impressed by his down to earth attitude and the fact that the doctor didn't try to sell us onto anything. He was not pushy, it took husband and I 10 months to go ahead with our treatment.
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr Berkeley was straightforward and didn't sugar coat anything. I really liked that, because I felt I was in the hands of a professional. My husband was really impressed by his down to earth attitude and the fact that the doctor didn't try to sell us onto anything. He was not pushy, it took husband and I 10 months to go ahead with our treatment.
Bring your questions, it will be answered by a man of science.
In my initial consultation we had a chat about my age, my husband's age, what that meant for my treatment, that I would need to go straight to donor eggs. I really appreciated his frankness.
I'm getting "cycle-ready" so I am in the beginning stages, I am due to have my uterus filled with saline to test it this week.
N/A yet
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Clean, not crowded, comfortable. Felt expensive yet professional
I have insurance so I just pay a small co-pay
NY - 1st Ave

The nursing staff [at NYU] was very sweet and efficient, i never had to wait too long....Be ready for the most direct doctor you have ever met...Dr. Noyes gave me assurance that she would do everything she could to get me pregnant as soon as possible. She could have had me go through 5 more IUs, but instead she understood my urgency and went straight for IVF...She is extremely straight forward and was confident that her team would do what needed to get done to get the results we were looking for. After a couple years of trying, I was very skeptical of a new fertility doctor but she gave me an assurance when others would not. She looked me square in the face after I sat in her office sobbing that she would get me pregnant. And I believed her and 4 months later she did.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Be ready for the most direct doctor you have ever met.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
The nursing staff was very sweet and efficient, i never had to wait too long.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My insurance covered the IVF process so the costs were minimal. If your company is willing, definitely speak to them about adding ART coverage to the health insurance plan. It is NOT considerably more expensive for the org.
NY - 1st Ave

Dr Berkely is a bit dated in his methods. He was not very proactive or aggressive in his approach. I felt he was too factual and did not provide sensitivity for patients during a difficult time.... For our only cycle with Dr Berkeley, we used a combination of frozen eggs and fresh eggs, however all of our frozen eggs did not survive the thaw which is very very rare. We do not feel it was handled properly.
The clinic [NYU] was too big, it was like a baby factory. You had to wait in a big waiting room with no privacy for up to an hour sometimes. It was an embarrassing and difficult environment.... Individually they [the nursing staff] were nice, but there were too many patients each day. You did not feel like you received personal service and the wait was long.
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
The clinic is too big and you did not receive personal care.
Menopur Follistim
Individually they were nice, but there were too many patients each day. You did not feel like you received personal service and the wait was long.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic was too big, it was like a baby factory. You had to wait in a big waiting room with no privacy for up to an hour sometimes. It was an embarrassing and difficult environment.
Approximately $15k per cycle

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I only saw her [Dr. Elizabeth Fino] twice in 6 months - all monitoring appointments were done by nurses.... She didnt recommend testing other than hormone blood work and ultrasound and pushed me to begin medication. In retrospect she should have recommended a HSG, male factor testing, immune factor testing, Prometrium challenge, etc.... Never saw same nurse twice. Injured during ultrasound - sore for a week after. No compassion, sometimes testing done with the door open or with another attending trainee without asking for permission. Misspelled and misprounced my name. Awful experience.
It’s [NYU- 1st Ave] a cattle call. Expect to wait 2-3 hours for your monitoring appointments. Impersonal. Unless you’re ready for IVF this isn’t the place for you. I can’t think of many upsides for NYU as I had a generally terrible experience.... Never saw same nurse twice. Injured during ultrasound - sore for a week after. No compassion, sometimes testing done with the door open or with another attending trainee without asking for permission. Misspelled and misprounced my name. Awful experience.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
If you aren’t ready for IVF don’t bother.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I only saw her twice in 6 months - all monitoring appointments were done by nurses.
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Fino used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It’s a cattle call. Expect to wait 2-3 hours for your monitoring appointments. Impersonal. Unless you’re ready for IVF this isn’t the place for you. I can’t think of many upsides for NYU as I had a generally terrible experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Under $500 for consultation and basic diagnostics test.
Describe Elizabeth Fino's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Nothing went right.
NY - 1st Ave
Dr Noyes has very practical and no nonsense approach. I felt we were on the same page about my treatment plan and the possible outcomes....Also, if you have low ovarian reserve talk to her about aggressive vs non aggressive protocols in advance...I like and trust Dr Noyes but wish we had more one on one interaction. I only saw her in person for my intake appt before my first IUI and after two cancelled IVF cycles. All my communication was with the nurses and other Dr's who did my ultrasounds...If you want to have lots of personal interaction with Dr Noyes she might not be the Dr for you..
NYU is a big clinic but they are a well oiled machine. Arrive early for daily monitoring and you will get in and out quickly. All the nurses are fantastic and billing dept is very easy to deal with....I was covered by insurance and hand minimal out of pocket costs...I like and trust Dr Noyes but wish we had more one on one interaction. I only saw her in person for my intake appt before my first IUI and after two cancelled IVF cycles. All my communication was with the nurses and other Dr's who did my ultrasounds.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
If you want to have lots of personal interaction with Dr Noyes she might not be the Dr for you. Also, if you have low ovarian reserve talk to her about aggressive vs non aggressive protocols in advance.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was covered by insurance and hand minimal out of pocket costs.
NY - 1st Ave
Dr Hodes-Wertz was very straight forward and even felt like she was pushing us towards IVF before we were ready to go there. It look a while for her to feel warm to me but after a few miscarriages and tests it did feel like we were on the same team and she was truly compassionate towards our journey. She was very informative, straight forward and had great bed side manner
There should be more smaller offices set up like the west side office [NYU] that require appointments an feel more personal with familiar faces and nurses and receptionist that remember your name (since you can be there every day for weeks at a time) ... The nursing staff in the west side office felt like family, you do see them very often. It was a much better experience than on 1st ave.
How was your experience with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Come prepared to ask questions. Trust your doctor and the process.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The 1st ave office is always very busy and feels like a baby making factory. There should be more smaller offices set up like the west side office that require appointments an feel more personal with familiar faces and nurses and receptionist that remember your name (since you can be there every day for weeks at a time)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
She [Dr Hodes-Wertz] was very sweet and caring. When I had a miscarriage, she called to find out how I was feeling. She was very responsive when I reached out to her and very excited with my positive pregnancy test....I have had a few occasions when they [the staff at NYU Fertility] said that they would call meds into a pharmacy and the pharmacy never got the voicemail....You do feel a bit like a number in a factory. However, I wonder if this may be true for every fertility clinic. When I wanted personal attention, I asked for it and got it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She was very sweet and caring. When I had a miscarriage, she called to find out how I was feeling. She was very responsive when I reached out to her and very excited with my positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Around $500 for ovulation induction. IVF is likely to cost a whole lot more though
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have had a few occasions when they said that they would call meds into a pharmacy and the pharmacy never got the voicemail.

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Berkeley is a fantastic physician, but NYU's program is simply awful. After a failed cycle, we were told our only hope was a donor egg cycle. It took 1 year and 4 months before we heard from the donor program. By that time, we had switched clinics...We really like Dr. Berkeley (he's knowledgeable, and has a great bedside manner) but the staff at NYU is a disaster. Before every appointment we had to check into billing before being seen. We felt as if we were treated like cattle at every appointment...
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Again, Dr. Berkeley is a fantastic physician, but NYU's program is simply awful. After a failed cycle, we were told our only hope was a donor egg cycle. It took 1 year and 4 months before we heard from the donor program. By that time, we had switched clinics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelley Lee)
Once it became clear that I would not be able to conceive on my own, we were transferred to the donor egg program. We never spoke to Autumn Arroyo, who we were told was the donor egg program coordinator. Instead, we had a meeting with a psychologist, Shelley Lee. During our mandatory meeting, Dr. Lee repeatedly mispronounced my family's country of origin. She said, given my ethnic heritage it would take at least 6 months to find a donor for me. We waited 6 months, and didn't hear from NYU's program. After waiting 8 months, I made an appointment with another fertility clinic. I finally heard from Dr. Lee 1 year and 4 months after our appointment. During that time period, I became pregnant on my own, had a miscarriage, and found another donor at much more organized and caring program. (They even found a donor who shared my Caribbean heritage.) My new team displayed a kindness, and sympathy that I didn't receive under NYU's care. 1 year and 4 months when you are desperately trying to conceive is inexcusably long. Fortunately, I found another clinic that treated me as an individual and not a case file.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There is no question that NYU is a busy practice, but their focus is on billing patients (you check into billing before you are seen every single time you go to the office), not on patient care. The nurse didn't call in my prescriptions before my cycle. I had one physician whose name I can't remember who was counting my follicles during my first and only stim cycle. It was a disaster. While she read my ultrasound results, I asked innocently, "Is that bad?" and she answered flippantly, "Well, it's not good." As well, it took over 1 year and 4 months to hear back from the donor egg program. Although I really liked my physician, you rarely see or speak to your main physician. This is common with most fertility practices. What is not common? NYU's lack of basic patient care.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU's nurses failed to call in my prescriptions, and failed to follow up with lab results. Their donor program failed to contact me for over 1 year and 4 months. The donor program also had no understanding of my ethnic heritage, and made no attempt to learn. Some of the doctors were curt and flippant. I never felt as if I were a patient. More often than not I felt as if I were an inconvenience.

2011 - 2015, Successful
Dr Noyes was on target, predicting that she would be able to get over 20 eggs in a cycle and they retrieved 27 eggs. She was very practical and helpful in determining how to proceed when I decided to conceive. She is a good diagnostician. She is also blunt, funny and a little wacky. But if you are struggling and need a bit of hand hand holding, I am not sure Dr. Noyes is the doctor for you....She is skilled doctor and knows her stuff. But do not expect a warm and fuzzy doctor.
The nursing staff [at NYU - 1st Ave] was good and was responsive to calls...The clinicians have a lot of experience and know their stuff. But if you are looking for a place where you receive emotional support, this may not be the place for you. I did not need it as I had no issues. I froze my eggs.... I will say that Dr Noyes assistant, Jarlin, is really nice and caring... For one IFV cycle, one icsi and one implementation cost me about $22,000. In addition, I paid another $3,000 for PGS testing.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr Noyes is a competent doctor and is a good diagnostician. She was on target with her predictions. Her demeanor is not for everyone. She is blunt and some people take offense at her bluntness. I appreciated it and had no fertility issues (I froze and when I was ready I conceived) so it worked for me. But I am not sure if I were looking for hand holding that she would be the first doctor to whom I would go.
I was very lucky and had a successful egg cycle and transfer. Dr Noyes was on target, predicting that she would be able to get over 20 eggs in a cycle and they retrieved 27 eggs. She was very practical and helpful in determining how to proceed when I decided to conceive. She is a good diagnostician. She is also blunt, funny and a little wacky. But if you are struggling and need a bit of hand hand holding, I am not sure Dr. Noyes is the doctor for you.
Describe the protocols Nicole Noyes used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had one cycle and folistom was the primary medicine used. My trigger shot was changed at the end to Lupron to avoid overstimulation.
The nursing staff was good and was responsive to calls.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinicians have a lot of experience and know their stuff. But if you are looking for a place where you receive emotional support, this may not be the place for you. I did not need it as I had no issues. I froze my eggs. I had twenty seven eggs in one cycle. When I wanted to get pregnant, I was successful on the first try. I will say that Dr Noyes assistant, Jarlin, is really nice and caring.
You had to go in between 7-9;00 am in the morning. I suppose if I had an issue, I could have asked for a special appointment. But I did not have occasion to.
My exams before the egg freezing cycle and before I decided to get pregnant were covered as were my visits after I became pregnant. My medications for the freezing cycle and for pregnancy were covered. The rest was not. For one IFV cycle, one icsi and one implementation cost me about $22,000. In addition, I paid another $3,000 for PGS testing.
Describe Nicole Noyes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I think my doctor's approach was dead on. She recommended PGS and after the results, she recommended a single embryo transfer. Given the problems, I have seen with twins, particularly with older women-I would highly recommend this approach.
I did not.
2015, 6 Eggs Frozen
My issues were always addressed very promptly...Only wish it would be cheaper procedure. My results were not as great as I expected, however in the process I found out that I have a medical condition that would make it hard for me to conceive naturally.
[NYU Fertility] staff was very professional and attentive, very keen for detail and always took care of any issues and addressed any concerns right away. I was surprises to learn that my phone calls can be answered so quickly...I never had to wait for longer than few minutes to be seem, despite the large volume of patients treated by this facility. I have ben seen by different Providers during my monitoring cycle, yet the communication between all staff was superb.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Experience was very satisfactory. Staff was very professional and attentive, very keen for detail and always took care of any issues and addressed any concerns right away. I was surprises to learn that my phone calls can be answered so quickly. Very efficient communication between staff, any issue or questions raised with one staff, always been addressed and responded by appropriate party without initiating same concern twice. I was very impressed with the efficiency and precision NYU Firtility clinic ran. I never had to wait for longer than few minutes to be seem, despite the large volume of patients treated by this facility. I have ben seen by different Providers during my monitoring cycle, yet the communication between all staff was superb. They knew exactly where we left off and where to pick-up and where to go next. Very impressed. No regrets. Only wish it would be cheaper procedure. My results were not as great as I expected, however in the process I found out that I have a medical condition that would make it hard for me to conceive naturally and egg Freezing was a great decision on my part. Hopefully some day it will be worth all the expenses.
I don't think I can think of any at this time.
I was impressed with efficiency and attention to detail from all the staff, superb communication between every level of care, Doctors, Nurse, Secretarial staff. My issues were always addressed very promptly, everyone placed a great afford to make me feel that I was taken care of. All staff was unbelievablely helpful and supportive. Unfortunately, I expected much better outcomes - (more eggs to be retrieved) All the labs looked great, however it turned out that many of the follicles were empty/or filled with fluid instead of mature eggs. Besides the costly price, I would definately use same facility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shantel)
Compared to all other staff, nurses, care coordinators, My Care-coordinator-Shantel did not impressed me with her care. It was someone difficult to get through to her, get her call returned or my questions answered prompt. Whenever answered, was dry and cold with responses. However, other staff quickly covered, stepped in and addressed all my issues. If I could not get a hold of Shantel, someone else helped me right away regardless of the complexity of issues.
IT ran very efficiently and quick. Due to my work, I was the one frequently being tardy for my blood work and US-monitoring, yet I never felt uncomfortable for creating inconvenience to the rest of staff. Always been treated kindly, with respect and well taken care of. Not once anyone made me feel guilty for running late, yet I never had to wait for more then few minutes to be seen.
2013 - 2015, Successful
My doctor [Dr. Grifo] was kind and caring, took his time during examinations and consultations and was always available for questions. He was honest and practical, and did not push more serious interventions before I was ready for them.
The billing department [at NYU Fertility] was extremely transparent and professional. The nursing team was extremely kind and available for questions and follow-up when needed. The office was very well organized and I never felt forgotten or overlooked.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I came to Dr. Grifo after having a bad experience at another, very highly renowned practice in NYC. I felt like a number in that office, from the way the billing office and office managers dealt with me, to the nurses whom I saw each morning and even my own doctor. I felt that my doctor had a terrible bedside manner and moved me very quickly through the process with little regard to my feelings or what I was ready for. When I came to Dr. Grifo, I was upset and confused, and he very clearly communicated to me my situation, how difficult it is for anyone (not just the 'infertile') to get pregnant, and how it is important to give it time, but also to be smart about it and maximize your chances for a healthy pregnancy, using all of the available data that we have. My other doctor had seen me through one chemical pregnancy, one frozen embryo transfer which failed, and suggested that I seek surrogacy options immediately. I felt as though she was speaking more to her numbers than me as a patient, and a person.
Make an appointment as early as possible! It can take a few months to get a new patient appointment.
The billing department was extremely transparent and professional. The nursing team was extremely kind and available for questions and follow-up when needed. The office was very well organized and I never felt forgotten or overlooked. My doctor was kind and caring, took his time during examinations and consultations and was always available for questions. He was honest and practical, and did not push more serious interventions before I was ready for them.
Day 2 starter - Follistim (start w 300 units) / menopur (start w 150 units) with daily blood tests and ultrasound HCG ovulation trigger The first cycle with Dr. Grifo was a success.
They were friendly! Such a difference from my last clinic and so important as you see them every morning.
Visit windows were 7 - 9 am, so convenient for me. If you needed to get in quickly, you could arrive before 7 am and be seen very soon. Not too crowded, efficient process.
10 - 15k
2012 - 2015, Successful
NYU is huge and you have to be proactive at times to get the communication you need. But the doctors and resources are tremendous... Monitoring is an efficient cattle-call. I loved being in and out before work. When I moved out of the area and traveled in for a cycle they accommodated me during non-monitoring hours when it was mor convenient for me.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Fino is an extremely intelligent and humane doctor who is well-versed in the latest research. She is collaborative and not paternalistic. At NYU you definitely don't see your doctor every visit but I always knew she was looking out for me. Dr. Fino let me try IVF with my own eggs three times even though my results were always atrocious (bad eggs). When I switched to donor eggs my donor had her best cycle ever and I'm on my second successful pregnancy from that cycle.
If you have a question that the nurses can't answer, don't be afraid to call Dr. Fino's office directly.
Dr. Fino takes the time to really explain things and spoke to me like I was an intelligent grown-up. I felt like a partner in my own treatment. She was also open to considering ideas I had researched myself, which was wonderful.
3 different IVF protocols with some additional adjustments to see if we could make my eggs work -- there was one we didn't try but by that time I was over it and wanted to move on to donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nancy McGoff)
The donor nurses are great (at least as of Fall 2015).
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I can't remember the exact price of the cycles but they are pretty upfront about the costs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There might have been once or twice that I had to remind a nurse again to phone in a prescription or refill.
2014 - 2015, Successful
Nursing staff was great... Always called back right away with answers to my questions and very thorough and efficient during morning monitoring....they do rely on the fellows a lot though. During my IUIs, I was only monitored once by an attending and during IVF monitoring, I'd say it was 50/50. But the fellows took more time with me and were more thorough in answering my questions.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
We loved Dr Grifo. He was upfront with us and extremely empathetic abut our case. He knows what he is doing and is confident in his approach, which turned out to be the right one for us-- we got pregnant on the first try. He made sure we were fully educated every step of the way. He was understanding and supportive of my anxieties in the operating room at the hospital and during treatments at the fertility center.
He's a busy doctor. It's not always easy to speak to him right away, but he will see you or set up time to talk to you if you are willing to wait a week or so. When I had a question that was easily answered by email, he answered through his assistant quickly. But when I needed treatment, he was right on it. When I needed minor surgery, he scheduled me for surgery two days after diagnosis and he did the surgery himself.
Dr Grifo was empathic and kind in his bedside manner and approach. He was available to speak to us when necessary, happened to be the attending when we had our retrieval and made himself available to us to do our transfer.
Gonadotropin antagonist protocol using Gonal F, Menopour and Ganirelix with a Lupron trigger mixed with A small amount of HCG. 22 eggs retrieved, 16 embryos created, 11 at day 6. 3 PGS normal. One transfered. Positive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Nursing staff was great. Team oriented but my nurse was he one I called with specific questions. Always called back right away with answers to my questions and very thorough and efficient during morning monitoring.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Well oiled machine. Excellent doctors and nursing staff. The only area that I wouldn't rate a 10 is the billing staff. Had to follow up when I had questions about insurance, etc.
Extremely efficient. The only time I had to wait longer than 5 minutes was the day after a big snowstorm. Otherwise, i was always in and out within 15-20 minutes. they do rely on the fellows a lot though. During my IUIs, I was only monitored once by an attending and during IVF monitoring, I'd say it was 50/50. But the fellows took more time with me and were more thorough in answering my questions.
With in-network insurance, IVF plus frozen transfer was around 10 and PGS was about 2-3k additional. (Not including the PGS lab)
2014 - 2015, Successful
Only go to Dr. Berkeley when you are absolutely ready to commit yourself to doing whatever it would take to have children. He will help until he absolutely can't and than some!...Both my wife and I had been through a cycle before that was unsuccessful. Dr. Berkley was able to answer questions that were difficult ones to answer with a sense of care, compassion and knowledge like he has been down this road before and knows what to expect.
Somewhere in the range of $15,000 for IVF with ICSA. and Around $5000 for transferring of eggs after...[NYU] strengths: cutting edge medicine, staff that could never be outdone, environment that is comforting weaknesses: unfortunately they are located on a busy side of Manhattan so the outside atmosphere is hustle and bustle, and the total opposite of the inside... this is in no way a reflection on the clinic/staff.... just a reality to the future patients that go there that you need a plan for parking for monitoring and other time consuming visits.
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Berkeley knows what he is doing. He is a veteran that is VERY up to date on the latest protocols and procedures. His office is equipped with all that he would ever need to stay on top of current trends and successful procedures. But more important than that, his bedside manner gives you confidence that you have somebody in your corner to even the odds when you feel like everything is against you.
I really can't remember the details of the protocols, but having come from another "specialist" in fertility medicine, his protocol was radically more aggressive and did involve more of a hormone therapy approach that was sure to bring results. He stayed on top of our case and was always available within the day to get back to us with any questions we had for him. The end result was after one unsuccessful implantation (second in total of trying to conceive) we now have a beautiful child who keeps us on our toes (thank G-d).
Efficient, respectful and caring to us every morning (and they were EARLY mornings!) They were ready to get the best job done at ~6:45am every day we were there and were attentive to our emotional needs as well.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
one time the clinic did not call at their usual time of around 12pm/1pm. We had to call them that day. It wasn't a big deal at all, it was just results for that day's bloodwork while monitoring. When you get used to excellent work, its hard to get anything less. The staff was MORE than apologetic and it never happened again afterwards.
2015, Successful
Some days it was like a factory in there [NYU]. Unless you had the same nurse drawing your blood each morning or saw the same doctor every morning you were a number. It wasn't until I had complications with the IVF that I became a human...When my husband and I were given all of the information about Tammy specific treatment it was reviewed by a nurse in a room with other couples. I saw dr liccardi infrequently during treatment. He did not do my transfer or retreval.
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I ended up hospitalized with severe OHSS but was able to maintain a healthy pregnancy.... I saw Dr Liccardi when I first went to the clinic and spoke to him numerous times before my course of treatment. When my husband and I were given all of the information about Tammy specific treatment it was reviewed by a nurse in a room with other couples. I saw dr liccardi infrequently during treatment. He did not do my transfer or retreval. He did however play a more active role in my care once I was full of fluid- and eventually hospitalized. ... this should never have happened.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
He is a great doctor but demand more personalized care. Do your homework and ask all the questions you need. Be sure that your comfortable with your course of treatment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Some days it was like a factory in there. Unless you had the same nurse drawing your blood each morning or saw the same doctor every morning you were a number. It wasn't until I had complications with the IVF that I became a human
Describe the protocols Frederick Licciardi used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I decided to do IVF w dr liccardi after trying clomid pills for many months with my Obgyn. Dr liccardi felt strongly that an IUI or IVF cycle would work very well for me. We went with IVF (insurance covered one round) my treatment included the HCG trigger shot. (Looking back- This should not have been part of my treatment) treatment was fine. I was a "chicken with 18 eggs" as one of the doctors told me. Retreval was a breeze. When it came to transfer I told the current doctor I was feeling incredibly bloated, uncomfortable etc... he told me since I had no weight gain it was normal since 18 eggs were remove. I proceeded with the transfer. Shortly after (a day or two)I found myself short of breathe and when I lied down it felt as if I was drowning..... turns out I was pregnant but I also had OHSS. I was hospitalized for a few nights. I had a lung tap, multiple stomach drains in dr liccardi office, another ER visit w another. Lung tap and yet another stomach drain. I gained a ton of weight due to fluids. Somehow I was able to maintain the pregnancy and today I have a healthy boy
2015, Successful
Give her [Dr. Hodes-Wertz] a chance. She is probably more junior than some of the other doctors within NYU but is very nurturing, honest and ultimately skilled in what she does. Dr Hodes was completely candid from the get go but very confident of a positive outcome. She did everything necessary to prepare me for transfer and adjusted the course if things weren't working, always communicating why and what she was trying to achieve. I felt like I was her only patient!
Natalie [NYU Fertility nurse] is warm, friendly, a great communicator and very supportive. She always took the time to stop by and say hi when she same I had checked in for blood draws which was completely unnecessary but showed how dedicated she is to her patients. All directions were clear and she helped with pharmacies when prescriptions were delayed. I couldn't have asked for a better nurse.
Give her a chance. She is probably more junior than some of the other doctors within NYU but is very nurturing, honest and ultimately skilled in what she does.
Every step of the way and even now that I am under the care of an OB, Dr Hodes and her nurse Natalie continue to support me. They are are excited as we are at the outcome of our procedure and we always available during treatments and treated us with great respect and honesty.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Green)
Natalie is warm, friendly, a great communicator and very supportive. She always took the time to stop by and say hi when she same I had checked in for blood draws which was completely unnecessary but showed how dedicated she is to her patients. All directions were clear and she helped with pharmacies when prescriptions were delayed. I couldn't have asked for a better nurse.
2015, Successful
Dr Licciardi is amazing! He was always available to answer any questions, concerns etc...My husband and I felt comfortable within a few minutes of meeting dr Licciardi. He clearly explained all of our options and helped us every step along the way...there are many other doctors and nurses that you will see on a daily basis once your treatment starts. Each dr in the practice has a specific day when they do transfers, retrievals and other procedures. Which dr you get depends on your cycle and the day of the week. Don't be disappointed- dr Licciardi still knows what's happening to his patients.
All of the drs and nurses I met in the practice [NYU] were kind and caring. It's easy to become just a number, but the staff makes sure you don't feel that way...There are many other doctors and nurses that you will see on a daily basis once your treatment starts. Each dr in the practice has a specific day when they do transfers, retrievals and other procedures. Which dr you get depends on your cycle and the day of the week. Don't be disappointed- dr Licciardi still knows what's happening to his patients...Hours are between 6-9 the earlier you arrive the quicker. Those that come closer to 9 have a long wait
First impression was great. My husband and I felt comfortable within a few minutes of meeting dr Licciardi. He clearly explained all of our options and helped us every step along the way. He was always available to speak with and answer questions, concerns etc...
Dr Licciardi is part of a large practice. He will not be with you every step of the way. There are many other doctors and nurses that you will see on a daily basis once your treatment starts. Each dr in the practice has a specific day when they do transfers, retrievals and other procedures. Which dr you get depends on your cycle and the day of the week. Don't be disappointed- dr Licciardi still knows what's happening to his patients.
Dr Licciardi is amazing! He was always available to answer any questions, concerns etc. All of the drs and nurses I met in the practice were kind and caring. It's easy to become just a number, but the staff makes sure you don't feel that way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Nurses were very good
efficent. Hours are between 6-9 the earlier you arrive the quicker. Those that come closer to 9 have a long wait
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Insurance covered it

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Fino was through and thoughtful and it always felt like she cared. It never felt like a show of interest. She was busy built always felt like she was there only for you....IF unsuccessful we would switch to IVF. Dr Fino was very accommodating. After the first unsuccessful IUI she allowed us to take the IVF classes and prepare for IVF while continuing the IUI treatment. We were luckily successful with the second IUI.
The reception staff [at NYU Fertility] was terrible! I can't even pretend that they weren't. However, all of the nurses and finance people were amazing! The clinic is very reputable and professional...Dr Fino was through and thoughtful and it always felt like she cared. It never felt like a show of interest. She was busy built always felt like she was there only for you.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
The reception staff was terrible! I can't even pretend that they weren't. However, all of the nurses and finance people were amazing!
Don't let the receptionist annoy you. Don't be afraid to ask questions
We used IUI and Planned on doing that for 3 rounds. IF unsuccessful we would switch to IVF. Dr Fino was very accommodating. After the first unsuccessful IUI she allowed us to take the IVF classes and prepare for IVF while continuing the IUI treatment. We were luckily successful with the second IUI
Super amazing at being available and assuring during the process
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic is very reputable and professional with the exception of the receptionisht

2015, Successful
I only saw him [Dr. Frederick Licciardi] twice through the entire cycle though and had him once on the phone...He was very pessimistic about my treatment and personally called me to recommend aborting the cycle half way through because of the low number of eggs. He however did not offer any alternative, so I proceeded with the cycle and became pregnant with only two eggs retrieved.
They [nurses at NYU] were completely disorganized, abrupt and unfriendly...[monitoring appointments were] Disorganized, unfriendly...Everyone is rushed, the nurses are disorganized and not always aware of your treatment plan. You need to keep following up and remind them of details. The staff is generally cold, unfriendly and impatient. There seems to be a disconnect between doctors, nurses, coordinators.
He was upfront, friendly, asked questions and listened. He was very pessimistic about my treatment and personally called me to recommend aborting the cycle half way through because of the low number of eggs. He however did not offer any alternative, so I proceeded with the cycle and became pregnant with only two eggs retrieved.
He was nice and friendly. I only saw him twice through the entire cycle though and had him once on the phone.
They were completely disorganized, abrupt and unfriendly.
Disorganized, unfriendly.
2015, Successful
Very competent doctor. Bedside manner is not his strong point.
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Very competent doctor. Bedside manner is not his strong point and it was hard to get access to him to actually speak to him, but he's very good at explaining the procedures and he knows what he's doing. This is not the place to go if you're looking for emotional support, but a place to go if you just care about the results.
Make sure you ask the questions you want answered. Don't expect to be coddled.
They certainly knew who we were and they were personable. But the clinic operates much like a factory without much emotion or personal care. It's very hard to just speak to the doctor.
treatment strategy worked. he knows what he's doing
some were better than others. some cared and expressed support and emotion. others just kept you moving on
very busy, but well organized. it's a big clinic. morning hours from 7-9.
60K