660 1st Avenue
109 West 27th St
212.263.8999

2003 - 2010, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Noyes was straightforward, candid, warm but a bit brisk (I am OK with that), and made it clear that she would give you as much or as little detail as you wanted. She told me at the first visit that she thought she could get me pregnant "one way or another," and she did...Dr. Noyes discharged me from the fertility clinic at 3 months but sent a lovely note when my first daughter was born. Somewhat amazingly, I got pregnant again -- also the old-fashioned way -- when daughter #1 was 6 months old. Even though Dr. Noyes had nothing to do with that (except, perhaps, in the karmic sphere) and she sent another lovely note when my second daughter was born. Both girls are now in high school...
Strengths [of NYU - 1st Ave clinic]: top talent, eminent research and treating physicians, deep bench, efficient protocols. Weaknesses: big place, big staff, standardization can make certain aspects of treatment feel cookie-cutter. Also, they were constantly asking for money up front. I know the process is expensive, and I know insurance often doesn't cover it, or doesn't cover much, but sometimes I felt like NYU was more interested in my wallet than my womb...
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I saw Dr. Noyes a long time ago -- 1999-2000. I was 42 years old and had failed a number of IUI and IVC rounds with injectable hormones, as well as two previous donor egg attempts at a different clinic. Dr. Noyes was straightforward, candid, warm but a bit brisk (I am OK with that), and made it clear that she would give you as much or as little detail as you wanted. She told me at the first visit that she thought she could get me pregnant "one way or another," and she did. She originally planned to go straight to a donor egg cycle, but while waiting for a donor I unexpectedly got pregnant the old fashioned way (courtesy of my husband) for about ten minutes, until I had an early miscarriage. Still, that was enough evidence to prompt Dr. Noyes to suggest one more cycle using my own eggs. We tried that, but it did not work. Next, a donor became available and we had a long talk about how many embryos to implant. I wanted to be aggressive, in light of my age and history. Dr. Noyes eventually agreed to 4, with all kinds of contingency plans if I ended up with too many. As it turned out, one took. Dr. Noyes discharged me from the fertility clinic at 3 months but sent a lovely note when my first daughter was born. Somewhat amazingly, I got pregnant again -- also the old-fashioned way -- when daughter #1 was 6 months old. Even though Dr. Noyes had nothing to do with that (except, perhaps, in the karmic sphere) and she sent another lovely note when my second daughter was born. Both girls are now in high school.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Don't be shy. She responds well to questions: ask them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Noyes treated me like a human being. Sometimes I felt like a bit of a number while waiting to see her and while interacting with others at NYU. it is a big place.
Describe the protocols Nicole Noyes used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
See above. I don't remember any of the names of the drugs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nurses were generally efficient and competent, and most were also friendly. But it is a big staff and you did not always gets someone you felt simpatico with.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Strengths: top talent, eminent research and treating physicians, deep bench, efficient protocols. Weaknesses: big place, big staff, standardization can make certain aspects of treatment feel cookie-cutter. Also, they were constantly asking for money up front. I know the process is expensive, and I know insurance often doesn't cover it, or doesn't cover much, but sometimes I felt like NYU was more interested in my wallet than my womb.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Don't recall the details. It was a lot, and most was not covered by insurance.
Nicole Noyes
2003 - 2010, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Noyes at NYU] is smart, and tells it like it is. I appreciated her sense of humor. I didn't ask alot of questions, because I didn't feel the need to. I'm not a doctor, but I am smart, and I trusted her expertise. If you are older, she indicates that will work against you. She did follow up with me....Be prepared that she will be honest. She is not going to sugar coat your chances.
The facility, I felt, was private and the nurses took care of you. The billing was the billing, who likes to hand over $10K, but the billing staff was pleasant and provided me with what I needed....[The nurses were] a multitude of ages and personalities. All competent, all caring. Some were better at explanations and follow through, but I did not have any negative experiences. I also liked to talk to them and show an interest in their own lives, they knew so much about me, I felt they would like someone to show an interest in what was happening in their lives.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She is smart, and tells it like it is. I appreciated her sense of humor. I didn't ask alot of questions, because I didn't feel the need to. I'm not a doctor, but I am smart, and I trusted her expertise. If you are older, she indicates that will work against you. She did follow up with me.
Had direct contact with her and discussed the treatment failures, she felt the disappointment I experienced as well.
I was prescribed the usual IVF protocols and each cycle produced eggs and embryos, but for some reason there was a failure to implant.
A multitude of ages and personalities. All competent, all caring. Some were better at explanations and follow through, but I did not have any negative experiences. I also liked to talk to them and show an interest in their own lives, they knew so much about me, I felt they would like someone to show an interest in what was happening in their lives.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Depended on the day, I was taken in the order I got there. Sometimes there was a line, sometimes not. I tried to get there early and get in and out.
$8K per cycle