660 1st Avenue
NY - Westside
109 West 27th St
212-263-0040

Treated 2015 - 2018
She [Dr. Noyes] might not be characterized as overtly warm & friendly - her manner is more grounded, straightforward, blunt. I really appreciated this about her. Her direct manner and her honest, thoughtful input (as I made the decision to try this) was what I wanted and needed. I never felt rushed with her but also her directness cut to the heart of the matter so we were not wasting time in our meetings either. I found her to have an intelligent, dry sense of humor which I appreciated. She is very no-nonsense and can seem a bit distant as a result;
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She might not be characterized as overtly warm & friendly - her manner is more grounded, straightforward, blunt. I really appreciated this about her. Her direct manner and her honest, thoughtful input (as I made the decision to try this) was what I wanted and needed. I never felt rushed with her but also her directness cut to the heart of the matter so we were not wasting time in our meetings either. I found her to have an intelligent, dry sense of humor which I appreciated. She is very no-nonsense and can seem a bit distant as a result; however, she clearly cares about her work, her patients and helping them make a baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Don't expect warm & fuzzy, but you'll get so much more that this.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
A few aspects of my specific situation (which also then changed from first visit in 2015 to 2017/18) made the decision to try IVF a personal challenge to work through. She actively and patiently listened to me with each visit over the several year period before deciding to try it. Without trying to sway me either way, she offered her honest input - both the statistics/facts but also (and more importantly) her experience and observations as someone who has worked with many women though this decision and process.
Describe the protocols Nicole Noyes used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I am just about to have my retrieval (tomorrow) so unclear yet how things will go in terms of a successful cycle or not. This is my first IVF cycle but in talking with others, I think what I was on was very typical. Menopur 300, gonal-f 300 - daily for 8 days w/ antagonist Centrotide last 3-4 (?) days. Ovadril trigger shot. I am old to be trying this (45) but my hormones and all that can be tested leading up to this indicated it was still a possibility, though a long shot (Dr Noyes was clear about this but also not hopeless).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Overall i think they are too overloaded. They do very well given this, but I think it can at times compromise their focus and care. I have found them primarily to be professional, knowledgeable, friendly and understanding of the trial the IVF experience is. But I did sometimes feel shuttled through an assembly line at times. At times they seemed as grumpy as we were to be there at 7 a.m. on a Sunday.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This has been my only experience with a fertility clinic so i don't have anything to compare it to. NYU I think is one of the larger 'factory' types of fertility clinics. And, at times I did feel that. But, that said, they do have a pretty well-oiled efficient system and I felt confident I was in good hands and that if my cycle was cancelled at any point it would not have been due to human error or balls dropped. Also, in spite of the assembly line feel at times, most of the staff (medical and administrative) I encountered were friendly and had a personality and tried to make a human connection for that brief encounter. Overall, I was impressed that everyone clearly had a sense of and respect for the difficulty & expense of this process. This was reflected in the tone of the facility and the care at each turn.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It was well orchestrated for sure. I was never there for longer than felt appropriate for what needed to happen that visit. It was not perfect (first couple times, it wasn't clear who I was seeing for the ultra sounds (a doctor, my doctor, a tech?) or what they were looking for with the first couple visits) but I advocated for myself and if asked for more info immediately got it & the nurse realized she had been too quick.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
it is the same as far as i know for all the docs at nyu... nyu cycle is 11,700 because I'm doing PGS (PGS is another 2-3,000 i think it is ...plus the outside lab fees)...there are other fees too. If I make it to transfer that will be 2,000 i think
Describe Nicole Noyes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Her policy I assume is that of NYU's, which is single only - they wont do multiples. Higher risk of multiple pregnancies compromising heath and development of each other. I'd be a single mom if this works...so twins was not something I was eager to get out of this anyway.
Treated 2017 - 2018
I'm undergoing treatments as a single mother by choice. From the beginning Dr. Noyes has shared personal anecdotes and resource suggestions that support and validate this path. She's been candid about my treatment options and built a plan that is well-suited to my situation and personal desires...If you are comfortable with a straightforward/blunt doctor that you can count on to listen to you and help you shape a plan based on your individual needs, then she is for you.
There are several nurses that handle the IUI process and all of them have been pleasant to work with. Despite treating a large number of patients, they frequently remember my name and treatment history without having to look at my chart.... I chose it because I truly believe they're experts in this field and can help me get results. Make no mistake, it [NYU - 1st Ave] is a large practice and if you meander into the office during the last 15 minutes of Morning Monitoring hours on a weekend, it's going to be standing room only and it is going to take a while to be seen.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I like a straightforward doctor, which Dr. Noyes is. That doesn't mean she lacks compassion, just that like me, she gets to the point and I feel confident that she understands my situation and is committed to helping me get the results I want. While I am only about a third of the way through my overall fertility plan, my interactions with her so far have made me feel heard and given me hope that this process will be successful. Dr. Noyes has created a plan that perfectly aligns with the desires I shared with her, and as we've hit bumps in the road (like a miscarriage after success with my first IUI treatment), she's been compassionate and adjusted our plan accordingly.
If you are comfortable with a straightforward/blunt doctor that you can count on to listen to you and help you shape a plan based on your individual needs, then she is for you. If you need someone to hand-hold you every step of the way, she might not be... but I've found her to be a caring and comforting doctor.
I'm undergoing treatments as a single mother by choice. From the beginning Dr. Noyes has shared personal anecdotes and resource suggestions that support and validate this path. She's been candid about my treatment options and built a plan that is well-suited to my situation and personal desires to "get this done as quickly as possible." She takes the time to listen to me and always answers my full list of questions. When I miscarried, she was sympathetic, but remains positive about the likelihood of me successfully carrying to term in the future. Additionally, her assistant Alyssa is a pleasure to work with and helps me squeeze into see her or speak with her when I have questions. I have never felt like a number or like I was on a conveyor belt at her practice.
There are several nurses that handle the IUI process and all of them have been pleasant to work with. Despite treating a large number of patients, they frequently remember my name and treatment history without having to look at my chart. They've helped keep me positive about this process and frequently done a good job at answering questions before I even think to ask them.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I believe this is a top rated clinic in the U.S. for a reason. I've had several friends have success with this practice, and I chose it because I truly believe they're experts in this field and can help me get results. Make no mistake, it is a large practice and if you meander into the office during the last 15 minutes of Morning Monitoring hours on a weekend, it's going to be standing room only and it is going to take a while to be seen. That said, all of the staff have treated me with courtesy and care and I have never been made to feel like a number - despite clearly knowing that I am one of a large number of patients.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Fino is exceptionally knowledgable, practical and compassionate. She spends at least 20 minutes with me every call we have and thoroughly answers all of my questions. She's also exceptionally open to hearing what research I have done or approaches I would like to consider. I appreciate that after my first failed transfer of a PGS tested embryo she gave me information on a reproductive immunologist to further explore additional options.
The NYU nursing staff is like my family. They all know me by name, are upbeat friendly faces to see every morning monitoring. Can't say enough about this staff. Really love them.... Well oiled machine. Check in at computers up front and wait to be called. Blood taken first then sent to room for the ultrasound. I always get there early and am in and out in no time.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Don't be discouraged by the fact that you don't see her very often or that you can't get immediate access to her. She is exceptionally responsive and thorough and if you schedule a call you will get all the time you want/need with her. She's been fantastic and I trust her completely.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
NYU is a large fertility clinic and well oiled machine. At first I felt like a number until I learned how to operate within the system. It's difficult to have direct access to your Doctor, which is understandable given the volume of patients they say day in and day out. However, any time I leave messages with Dr. Fino's assistant for Dr. Fino I get an immediate response. They went above and beyond for me several times. Dr. Masbou who is a fellow that works with Dr. Fino is super responsive and accessible by email as well. The staff at NYU has come to feel like family and they are very responsive and well organized.
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Fino used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
IUI protocol: letrozal (for PCOS) First Egg Retrieval: Gonal F (150), Menopur (150) both tapered down to 75 toward end of stimulation, Cetrotide First Transfer Cycle: Estrace (2 mgs, 4 mgs, 6 mgs), Progesterone 1.5cc First cycle Vitamins/Medicines: 750 mg Metformin, 600 mg CoQ10, 800 mg Folic Acid, 2,000 mg Vitamin D3 After failed transfer Dr. Fino performed a saline sonogram to look for fibroids and/or endometriosis and an endometrial biopsy. The biopsy found Endometritis. Husband and I were treated with strong course of 2 antibiotics for 2 weeks. Second Egg Retrieval: Gonal F (150), Menopur (150) both tapered down to 75 toward end of stimulation, Cetrotide. During this retrieval Dr. Masbou performed a follow up endometrial biopsy or scratch to both confirm Endometritis was cleared and at the recommendation of Dr. Jonathan Scher (reproductive immunologist). Second Transfer Cycle: Includes protocols from Dr. Jonathan Scher (reproductive immunologist as well). Estrace (2 mgs, 4 mgs, 6 mgs), Progesterone 1.5cc, Baby Aspirin (81 mg), Lovenox (0.6mL), Intralipid 20% Second cycle Vitamins/Medicines: 1500 mg Metformin, VitaCare (prescribed prenatal), 600 mg CoQ10, 1.4 mg Folic Acid (Metanx), 4,000 mg Vitamin D3, Fem-Dophilus pro-biotic, 400 mg Magnesium Citrate, Prednisone (15 mg per day), Synthroid (25 mg)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic is extremely large so you have to proactively manage your care and be your own advocate. Do your research so you're prepared with your questions when you talk to your doctor or the staff. I keep a binder with all of my lab results, protocols, Insurance forms, Financial forms, general info etc. I have found absolutely everyone on this staff to be responsive and fabulous.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Our first cycle was completely covered by United Healthcare with the exception of PGS testing. The first cycle totaled approximately $21,000. Our second cycle (retrieval, PGS testing and transfer) have been completely covered by Progeny.
Describe Elizabeth Fino's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU recommends single embryo transfer for PGS tested embryos. We discussed all of the risks.
NY - 1st Ave
We just did retrieval earlier this week and our numbers were good. Dr Fino noted that my wife was at risk for OHSS and carefully adjusted her medications and schedule to get the best possible results with minimal discomfort (even though this information was usually relayed to us by the nurses)...You're one-on-one time with her may be limited so always be prepared with questions. That being said, it's not difficult to reach a nurse or another doctor in the practice that can help you along the way.
There are a LOT of people doing morning monitoring at NYU Fertility right now. If you arrive at the tail end of a particularly busy day (9am, as opposed to coming closer to 7am) you could be there for 45 minutes. But the staff and operations there are generally very efficient and have everything down to a science...their costs are comparable to NYC average...Mary is the main point of contact for many of the IVF patients and she is incredible. All of the onsite nurses and professional and reliable.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
There is nothing constructive to say about Dr Fino. She is a great communicator, pays attention to every detail in our paperwork/conversations and is extremely compassionate. We just did retrieval earlier this week and our numbers were good. Dr Fino noted that my wife was at risk for OHSS and carefully adjusted her medications and schedule to get the best possible results with minimal discomfort (even though this information was usually relayed to us by the nurses).
Dr Fino, Nurse Mary and the entire staff at NYU are fantastic. When you speak with them, you feel like you're the only patient in the world. That being said, NYU is a machine and the volume of people entrusting their fertility services can be overwhelming. In more boutique centers we visited, you can easily call or email your doctor. At NYU, you can hopefully schedule a call with them within a week.
We had completed an unsuccessful IUI with my wife's OBGYN and, given her age (almost 41) decided to move straight into IVF. With Dr Fino we timed my wife's cycle, started with the injection therapy, and did a retrieval. We are waiting to see how many viable embryos there are after day 5/6. Then the plan is to do PGS (at an outside lab) and frozen embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
At the end of the day, we chose the bustling, busy operation that is NYU Fertility over a more boutique, personalized experience because of numbers. They are exceptional against the national average in terms of FET, live births, and single births. We knew what to expect and, while it would be great to be able to call/email our doctor anytime, we have been satisfied with our decision based on results so far.
We are fortunately covered for 3 cycles of IVF through insurance (but not PGS testing). From what it looks like, their costs are comparable to NYC average.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Fino is wonderful and has great bedside manner and explains things very clearly. She made me very comfortable... No guarantees you would see her for follow-up visits due to the structure of the clinic which involves seeing any IVF doctor who is doing monitoring or procedures on the day you need to come in....Warm bedside manner. Takes her time during initial consultation. Difficult to get a hold of in between visits....here was some difficulty around communication in terms of whether I needed additional pre-conception testing,
I found the office [NYU - 1st Ave] itself to be very impersonal, difficult to connect with the same person, difficult to navigate with long hold times and often having to talk to the answering service. I also found the group orientation very impersonal and also not as private as I would like ...there are no guarantees of which doctor will see you for appointments which was not a good fit for me...Nurses were kind and helpful, but I did not like not having a point person/primary nurse
How was your experience with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Warm bedside manner. Takes her time during initial consultation. Difficult to get a hold of in between visits. No guarantees you would see her for follow-up visits due to the structure of the clinic which involves seeing any IVF doctor who is doing monitoring or procedures on the day you need to come in.
She is a wonderful doctor, and I would have been happy to work with her, but at NYU there are no guarantees of which doctor will see you for appointments which was not a good fit for me.
Dr Fino is wonderful and has great bedside manner and explains things very clearly. She made me very comfortable, and I planned to continue to work with her. However, I found the office itself to be very impersonal, difficult to connect with the same person, difficult to navigate with long hold times and often having to talk to the answering service. I also found the group orientation very impersonal and also not as private as I would like which is why I switched clinics.
I had a cycle of timed intercourse during which I took Ovidrel as trigger shot and then took Progesterone for two weeks after, but not successful.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Nice facility. Compassionate staff but can feel a bit like a factory with many many patients and fairly impersonal process. Monitoring hours are 7-9 am, and if you arrive close to 9 am it could take a very long time. May see a different doctor at every visit.
minimal co-pays
NYU recommends eSET
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There was some difficulty around communication in terms of whether I needed additional pre-conception testing, and it was difficult to get a clear answer directly from my doctor and this delayed my cycle but only by a few days
Treated 2016 - 2017
kara [Goldman] was one of the best doctors I have ever interacted with. She was compassionate and realistic. She advised where required and told us when a decision had to be ours. She was patient with us and always willing to answer questions and spend the necessary time. She made a difficult situation as comfortable as possible...She was great. Patient, realistic and always professiona...She skipped IUI and went directly to retrieval
The clinic [NYU] is great. The only issue is that you see a different doctor everyday and that the appointments check-ins can be tough. There were a couple billing issues and the billing situation was very difficult to navigate...Great nursing staff. Always helpful, compassionate and informative. Only issue with 1 nurse over the 10-15 we saw over a 5 month period.... It can get very busy and take a lot of time. Once we learned to "game" the system and show up early or late it was better.
How was your experience with Kara Goldman at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
kara was one of the best doctors I have ever interacted with. She was compassionate and realistic. She advised where required and told us when a decision had to be ours. She was patient with us and always willing to answer questions and spend the necessary time. She made a difficult situation as comfortable as possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kara Goldman at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Feel free to ask as many questions as possible. Note however that there is always a lot of information, but you will have multiple opportunities to go over everything at each step.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kara Goldman at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She was great. Patient, realistic and always professiona
Describe the protocols Kara Goldman used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
She skipped IUI and went directly to retrieval. The issue we had was a shortage of eggs, so she was realistic and didnt want to waste our time and money. During the second retrieval she changed one of the meds and our result was not as good, so she quickly changed course for the third retrieval and our result was better. She also advised to do a frozen transfer as the technology was such that it would increase the genetic screening and increase our chances for an ultimate live birth. She also said she highly recommended only a single transfer as we did a frozen transfer and there was no need to to do multiples as we already know the embryo is viable, rather than the 40-50% chance of a viable embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic is great. The only issue is that you see a different doctor everyday and that the appointments check-ins can be tough. There were a couple billing issues and the billing situation was very difficult to navigate.
It was somewhere in between. It can get very busy and take a lot of time. Once we learned to "game" the system and show up early or late it was better.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kara Goldman at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
About $20,000 -25,000 per retrieval all in (including meds) and $5,000 for the transfer. This is probably too simplistic as it was a very complicated process.
Describe Kara Goldman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
She definitely pushed for eSET as we did a frozen transfer and the embryo was already tested and viable. It got us out of the 40-50% viability with a fresh transfer. Also we were very clear we did not want twins.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There was one point where they called the Pharmacy late and given the time sensitivity of some of the medications this added some stress.
Kara Goldman
Treated 2017
Dr. Griffo barely reviewed my file before meeting with me. He and his staff [at NY] talked about numbers and procedures like I was a machine...My husband and I went to Dr. Grifo for an initial consultation...He then proceeded to show me to a room and asked me to put on a robe so that he would examine me. Not understanding at all why this would be part of an initial consultation, and even though I asked him repeatedly about it, in an effort to do everything I could to have a baby, I ended up submitting myself to an ultrasound and a swab. I was confused, felt completely taken advantage of, and left that place feeling like a machine
All the staff in that office [NYU Langone] treated us like we were machines. They gave us tons of papers with information, and they kept mentioning dates and enumerate steps of procedures in the most impersonal way I can possibly describe....It was clean. But being there felt very impersonal, and all the staff were pretty bad communicators. We were guided to at least 4 different desks, where different nurses and admin staff talked to us about different parts of the procedures, and none of them seemed to care about or even realize that I was so overwhelmed I was about to break down in tears.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
My husband and I went to Dr. Grifo for an initial consultation. He spoke to us for about an hour without focusing on our case - he just kept referring to statistics, graphs, and numbers. We told him that we had a fertility doctor who had already done all the standard tests on us, but that we had decided to also meet with him to be confident that we were comfortable with our decision. We couldn't have been clearer that we were there to gather information. He then proceeded to show me to a room and asked me to put on a robe so that he would examine me. Not understanding at all why this would be part of an initial consultation, and even though I asked him repeatedly about it, in an effort to do everything I could to have a baby, I ended up submitting myself to an ultrasound and a swab. I was confused, felt completely taken advantage of, and left that place feeling like a machine. A few weeks later, I received a bill, as my insurance was not covering the tests he did on me that day, something I have no doubt he knew. So I ended up having to pay for those completely unnecessary tests that I had never asked for.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Do NOT chose him as your doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Griffo barely reviewed my file before meeting with me. He and his staff talked about numbers and procedures like I was a machine. I have met with other doctors, this was my worst experience.
All the staff in that office treated us like we were machines. They gave us tons of papers with information, and they kept mentioning dates and enumerate steps of procedures in the most impersonal way I can possibly describe.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It was clean. But being there felt very impersonal, and all the staff were pretty bad communicators. We were guided to at least 4 different desks, where different nurses and admin staff talked to us about different parts of the procedures, and none of them seemed to care about or even realize that I was so overwhelmed I was about to break down in tears. They have no good internal processes, and it ends up being quite upsetting to just even be there.
Treated 2017
Dr. Grifo may come off as cold and standoffish; however, you should not be afraid to ask any questions. I would encourage to ask as many questions as possible and pick his very knowledgeable brain. Be your own advocate!...Dr. Grifo is very straight forward and says it like it is. He is very into his statistics and its all about the numbers. He provides you with the different options for you to make the decision. To me he basically admitted that he has no idea why I am not conceiving and said its a luck game. He even said "If you tried naturally for 5 years you would probably get pregnant". He said if I want to rush he would do IVF(which is costly) but then also suggested I try 3 letrizole IUI cycle after having 3 failed clomid IUI cycles. With Dr. Grifo I tried 1 letrizole cycle which unfortunately failed. I suggested to try an injectable IUI cycle as I wanted to try something new; however, he did not agree with that and said that he would want to do IVF instead of injectables. I did not understand from him or his nurses why it is a problem to try injectables before IVF. Also I have an autoimmune
My experience at NYU was pleasant. Wait times were not long and the clinic was not super crowded. The nurses have a good eye as they were able to catch things my previous RE didn't catch. They are all very patient even when I called many times...The nurses and other staff are very caring and patient. They return phone calls and emails promptly. When I needed a copy of my records emailed to me they had it done very quickly.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Grifo is very straight forward and says it like it is. He is very into his statistics and its all about the numbers. He provides you with the different options for you to make the decision. To me he basically admitted that he has no idea why I am not conceiving and said its a luck game. He even said "If you tried naturally for 5 years you would probably get pregnant". He said if I want to rush he would do IVF(which is costly) but then also suggested I try 3 letrizole IUI cycle after having 3 failed clomid IUI cycles. With Dr. Grifo I tried 1 letrizole cycle which unfortunately failed. I suggested to try an injectable IUI cycle as I wanted to try something new; however, he did not agree with that and said that he would want to do IVF instead of injectables. I did not understand from him or his nurses why it is a problem to try injectables before IVF. Also I have an autoimmune condition; however, he does not believe it affects my infertility; however, he was open to me being on certain medications such as blood thinners if needed during a cycle. But they would have to be prescribed by another Dr. such as hematologist, rheumatologist , RI. Right now I put a hold on treatment as i am moving apartments, i am looking into a Dr. who will try an injectable IUI
It is a smaller clinic less doctors. The nurses really care and return phone calls/ and emails Promptly
Describe the protocols James Grifo used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did 1 Letrizole IUI cycle with ovadril, I produced 2 follicles 1 large the other smaller. Unfortunately it resulted in a negative pregnancy test. He used Letrizole to try something different because I had 3 failed clomid IUI. He also re-tested my platelet count because they appeared to be slightly below the norm. I was very happy they caught the low platelet count because when I was at RMA they missed it. His nurses were reviewing my records from RMA and noticed this low platelet count. I went to a hematologist and turned out to be the platelets were not such a big issue.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carole and Andrea )
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My IUI was covered by insurance; however, I had to pay for the Ovardril approximately $75 and ultra sounds were applied to my deductible which was about a total of $198
Describe James Grifo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I did not do embryo transfers but in my initial consult Dr. Grifo strongly disagrees with transferring more than one embryo.
Treated 2014 - 2017
Dr. Licciardi was great about calling me back when I requested a phone call, but he didn't always seem to know who I was or where I was or in what kind of cycle...He is very honest and up-front. Be in touch with him a lot if you want actual feedback re your protocol... He will not oversee your actual case but if you want him to check something, he will. I think in all of our cycles I only saw him in the ultrasound room once during morning monitoring periods.
The staff at the clinic [NYU] are friendly and upbeat and are generally good about being efficient. They are great about calling roughly when they say they will. Not as much personal attention as I would like...I did have a few things go not-so-smoothly, like being told to take the wrong dose of medication or given the wrong instructions post-procedure...Be prepared to show up closer to 6:45 a.m. if you want to get in and out of monitoring fast.
How was your experience with Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I think Dr. Licciardi is a very caring doctor and has a lot of patients and I appreciated his attention during our appointments but wish I had called him more often during actual treatments to see how he would have responded. As I wrote earlier, he does always call back within a reasonable amount of time but doesn't always seem to know why I would be calling and he would answer questions that I think are significant pretty quickly, so that I wondered if he was considering all of my own unique information or just answering generally what he would tell a patient in a similar situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
He is very honest and up-front. Be in touch with him a lot if you want actual feedback re your protocol. Don't rely only on the nurses. He will not oversee your actual case but if you want him to check something, he will. I think in all of our cycles I only saw him in the ultrasound room once during morning monitoring periods.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Licciardi was great about calling me back when I requested a phone call, but he didn't always seem to know who I was or where I was or in what kind of cycle. As a result, I think I was addressing one concern while he was talking about something else, that I didn't even know related to me. When we had actual appointments, he was attentive at those times. Once, I ran into him on my way out after an IUI under his care/protocol, and he didn't wish me good luck or even smile; I thought this was a little odd, but then realized he was probably very busy and/or preoccupied.
Describe the protocols Frederick Licciardi used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For the egg freezing/retrieval I think he went to highest dose on everything because of my age and other health issues. I was at first freezing eggs as a single woman (with my first doctor, not Licciardi) then embryos with partner for future use (with Licciardi) and eventually thawed the eggs I'd frozen with another doctor (now working with Licciardi) to make those into embryos and did 2 cycles of FET using the eggs from my youngest age. He had me on progesterone shots for one FET cycle, with estradiol pills, even though my cycle is very regular; I was never sure why. And I was on progesterone suppositories for the second FET cycle, no estradiol. I don't remember the egg freezing exactly as it was a few years ago but it was some combination of Gonal-F and Follistim and ovidrel. I know I didn't do the medication that you have to mix together at home when i did the cycle for freezing with him. I'm not really sure of his rationale for the egg freezing -- I guess it's the usual protocol he starts with then adjusts if it doesn't work? For the FET I also didn't know why we were using estradiol when estrogen always normal and I ovulate on my own. Second cycle of FET we tried suppositories because of the pain at my injection site. Also would only transfer one embryo at a time because he said was big risk in having multiples and did NOT recommend PGD or any other biopsy pre implantation. I think he said because egg quality was good. I did have an IUI with letrozole days 3-7 (was supposed to be days 5-9 but there was a miscommunication re what day my period actually started). Also used trigger shot in the morning about 27 hours before IUI. I got pregnant but miscarried around 9 weeks (I had been transferred to OB after heartbeat.) Went back for another IUI two months after miscarriage; not successful.
Very hit or miss. Some excellent nurses. Some not so excellent nurses. It seems in the five years that I've been a patient at NYU that things have gotten more like a factory and there is just a huge volume of patients, more than there was when I was first there. For the most part, everyone is cheerful and upbeat, but they don't all have the same level of experience and I was given misinformation at least once. Also came away from blood taking very bruised once or twice. Had to ice and it wasn't when I was having daily blood tests. On the plus side, if you do get to know one of the nurses, sometimes you can get that person's direct line if you want their opinion. Nurse's take of picture was sometimes different than my doctor's so it was confusing at times.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The staff at the clinic are friendly and upbeat and are generally good about being efficient. They are great about calling roughly when they say they will. Not as much personal attention as I would like because I have multiple health issues. If you are considering IUI, there is one nurse who i think is much better at it than the others but that might just be a personal preference. Be prepared to show up closer to 6:45 a.m. if you want to get in and out of monitoring fast. If you come later, definitely longer waits, especially if you need an ultrasound, too. Definitely be proactive and make sure to communicate with your doctor as much as you are comfortable doing. You must be proactive. I have not been to other clinics so I don't know how this one compares.
It went relatively smoothly when I was able to be there by 6:45 a.m. Hours don't start till 7 a.m. but like everything in NYC, people get there early and start to line up. When I really needed some sleep and went in a little later, different story. Also, the nurses would ask me for my allergies and what medications I was taking each time even though it was in the computer. I started carrying a list. I think all they cared about was latex but if you have a long list of allergies that you yourself can't remember, it's frustrating to have to recite it every other day. Then sometimes the doctor would make a change of protocol and I wouldn't know why or know that I needed to have my partner there with me for consent forms. It sometimes went flawlessly, other times, not at all so.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Frederick Licciardi at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
First round, years ago, all out of pocket and nearly $20,000 for an egg retrieval and embryo creation (for freezing). Then the clinic went in network and my 2 FET's were covered by insurance but I reached my lifetime maximum fertility benefit with the 2 FET cycles and everything is out of pocket. I haven't gotten the bill for the IUI but looks as if it will cost a couple thousand because of all the morning monitoring. (I never get the home ovulation test kits to work right for me so I chose to have monitoring done at the clinic and I required a lot during the cycle post-miscarriage.)
Describe Frederick Licciardi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
For me, he definitely was set on single embryo transfer and would not even discuss allowing me to have more than one embryo transferred. He would not budge.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I did have a few things go not-so-smoothly, like being told to take the wrong dose of medication or given the wrong instructions post-procedure (while I could hear what other patients were being told). When I was given wrong instructions for medications, it meant I had to scramble on a weekend to get extra medications. In one case, re being given instructions post-procedure, I asked the nurse if the instructions she was giving to others applied to me and she said yes, of course. And then gave me instructions but I was otherwise going to have left without those unwritten instructions. I hope since standard they will start writing them down for everyone. This was for an FET. At another FET I was asked to have half-full bladder on arrival; I then had a 1.75 hour wait for procedure (the FET was very late, long after my appointment time), so a nurse told me to empty my bladder when I felt I had to pee. I emptied partially. Then she told me to completely empty bladder. So I did. Then the doctor was ready to do the transfer and couldn't believe I had voided. Big fail, if you ask me. Then as for the IUIs, on the 2nd, I was in so much pain during the procedure and she did it so slowly that I wondered if she knew what she was doing. And in the case when I was actually pregnant, I had a nurse tell me that the beta was super low, barely a positive; but then the doctor told me it was actually a very good number. The nurse performing the IUI that was successful was very good and I would love it if I could always have her perform them.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Embryology lab [at NYU] messed up by telling the nurse 26 eggs were retrieved when in fact only 14 eggs were retrieved (26 was the incubator number). And finance and billing weren't always the most responsive. Anesthesiology messed up one of our bills. They charged us for the entire amount during the second retrieval only for us to chase them down to say they were in-network with our insurance provider. Nurse failed to call in a couple prescriptions, so we had to follow up on a couple of occasions.
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Berkeley was great in the initial consultation. He was also great at reviewing the probabilities of women my age being able to conceive using my own eggs. He is very knowledgeable and experienced in this field, so we trusted him completely. He knows what he's doing. The only critical feedback I would give Berkeley to date is communicating better with the patient 1) he didn't mention during the initial consultation how many rounds of ovulation induction and retrieval this might take, especially for someone in my age group. 2) Each failed cycle, we would have appreciated a sit-down face-to-face meeting rather than a follow-up phone call. Since the initial consult and the first retrieval, I haven't really met with Berkeley, other than the occasional ultrasound during morning monitoring. Depending on the schedule, I was able to see other doctors at the clinic during morning monitoring, retrievals, transfers, and other procedures. Those other doctors, during my short and limited interactions, especially Grifo and Hodes-Wertz, exhibited greater empathy and compassion, which I viewed as a plus.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Go into your initial consultation fully organized and prepared with any prior lab work, medical history, genetic testing all relevant to fertility. Also, make sure that you get clarity on exactly what blood tests and exams you'll need done or updated prior to starting any cycle; infectious disease panel, day 2-3 labs, semen analysis, mammogram, etc. Also, know that you as patient will have to be the proactive one. You'll have to make tough decisions on how many rounds of IvF you can handle, whether to transfer mosaic embryos (if that is all you have), how many transfers you're wiling to go through, and when to call it quits. I understand why NYU Fertility doesn't proactively nudge you in either direction because they are first and foremost a clinic (not a research lab). But likewise, don't expect any proactive outreachor guidance on whether to continue (unless explicitly advised otherwise) either.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I dealt mostly with the nurses and fellows. Some of them were very nurturing, caring, and competent. Others were less so. Depends on who I got. Dr. Berkeley is a very matter-of-fact, analytical doctor. He gives you the straight answers and instill confidence in you that he's competent, experienced and knowledgeable. That is the primary reason why we went with Dr. Berkeley for all of our IvF rounds. His communication skills and bedside manners weren't always as consistent or strong. But we knew that going into the journey not to expect any hand holding of any kind from Dr. Berkeley.
Describe the protocols Alan Berkeley used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For the first three ovulation inductions, he prescribed 225 Follistim or Gonal F, 150 Menopur, and Ganirelex. For my trigger shot, I had to take 2 Ovidrels. For the fourth ovulation induction, I had the same protocol, except he also added clomid. For the one frozen embryo transfer, I was on estrace, medrol, progesterone in oil injections.
Nurses overall were pretty good. They communicated instructions pretty well and were generally good about returning calls. A couple nurses in particular were outstanding - they were not only competent at their jobs, but patient with listening to and answering all questions, compassionate and caring, which went above and beyond. Sandra, Nicky, and Lavina, were a few of the exceptional nurses; they were really kind, and I appreciated their compassion throughout the process.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Different parts of the clinic could get on the same page about protocols. Seems like the patient coordinator and nursing staff weren't always communicating the same things - for example, when I can start my FET cycle while waiting my PGS results - patient coordinator said no, nurses said yes - that caused confusion. Some of the preliminary lab test (infectious disease panel bloodwork) fell through the cracks so I had to re-do them. Embryology lab messed up by telling the nurse 26 eggs were retrieved when in fact only 14 eggs were retrieved (26 was the incubator number). And finance and billing weren't always the most responsive. Anesthesiology messed up one of our bills. One thing I wished NYU Fertility could have provided is some type of counseling prior to the process and during the process. I'm not talking about psychological support - because they had that, and frankly, we found unhelpful. What I'm talking about is someone who was willing to walk us through what to expect in terms of the various decisions we would have to make, how to think through how many rounds, whether and how to make the tough decision on transferring mosaic embryos, how to manage pregnancy loss, when to call it quits, and someone we can provide feedback to directly (and not just some on-line survey after every procedure), etc. Not just what to expect from a medical perspective, but the impact IvF, FET and mosaic transfers may have emotionally, financially, etc. Someone who acts as an advocate for the patient. At this time, the nurse, patient coordinator, genetic counselor combined fill that role in limited capacities. But as patient, we had to seek that out and connect the dots ourselves. Perhaps this is a resource beyond the clinic's capacity, but that would have been helpful.
Morning monitoring was open without appointments between 7 AM and 9 AM. For the most part, that seemed fair and reasonable. NYU was good about not having to bring you in unnecessarily. One advice to future patients is if you're going in only for blood work, see if you can move up the queue, because I often waited a long time unnecessarily just to give one vile of blood. You get mixed in with the rest of the patients waiting for ultrasounds.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Each IvF cycle for Phase 1 - that includes ovulation induction, morning monitoring, egg retrieval (not including Anesthesia), biopsy of up to 6 embryos (for PGS purposes), cryopreservation of embryos and transportation costs to reprogenetics lab was $15,150, out of pocket. The Phase 2 - which is the frozen embryo transfer as part of this IvF cycle was $2000 out of pocket. After our second IvF cycle, NYU began to accept our insurance, which helped with bringing down our costs. However, our insurance did not cover biopsy, shipping/handling of samples. Reprogenetics, the lab that performs the PGS tests, had their own fees, which were all out of pocket. We were charged $1000 base fee, plus $250 per embryo.
Describe Alan Berkeley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was strongly advised by Dr. Berkeley, given my age, to do PGS and aim for a single embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Different parts of the clinic could get on the same page about protocols. Seems like the patient coordinator and nursing staff weren't always communicating the same things to us - for example, when I can start my FET cycle while waiting my PGS results - patient coordinator said no, nurses said yes - that caused confusion. Some of the preliminary lab test (infectious disease panel bloodwork) fell through the cracks so I had to re-do them. Embryology lab messed up by telling the nurse 26 eggs were retrieved when in fact only 14 eggs were retrieved (26 was the incubator number). And finance and billing weren't always the most responsive. Anesthesiology messed up one of our bills. They charged us for the entire amount during the second retrieval only for us to chase them down to say they were in-network with our insurance provider. Nurse failed to call in a couple prescriptions, so we had to follow up on a couple of occasions.
Success w/ Doc 9 Eggs Frozen
I felt like she understood me and didn't judge me....When I came out of moderate sedation, i was very tearful that only 2 eggs had been retrieved. In their make shift PACU she [Dr. Nicole Noyes] seemed rushed and didn't really console me. I guess she was busy, but it did put me off a bit with her. I also didn't feel like she really adjusted my hormone dosages the second time to yield more eggs. I felt like she kept the same protocol sh had for my first retrieval. I wish she would have altered it and maybe I would have gotten more eggs.
It [NYU Fertility] is a busy clinic. It's like the DMV. Take a number and you will be called. Packed to the gills!...Autumn is awesome. She is very compassionate, patient and sweet. I really like her as my coordinator...10k for the procedure/labs/sonograms (all those included under the number), about 10k for all the meds(depending on how your body responds to her treatment plan with meds can make cheaper or more expensive), 1200-1400 for anesthesiologist for egg retrieval
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I felt she showed compassion on my initial visits. My first retrieval yielded 7 eggs. My second only 2. When I came out of moderate sedation, i was very tearful that only 2 eggs had been retrieved. In their make shift PACU she seemed rushed and didn't really console me. I guess she was busy, but it did put me off a bit with her. I also didn't feel like she really adjusted my hormone dosages the second time to yield more eggs. I felt like she kept the same protocol sh had for my first retrieval. I wish she would have altered it and maybe I would have gotten more eggs.
She is very open with sharing her own personal stories, but she isn't warm and fuzzy. If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, you won't get that from her.
She was very candid about her own personal life. She made me feel like she could relate to my plight of being a physician, busy, hard working and having not met the right man yet. She was very forthright about her own struggles as a female physician. I felt like she understood me and didn't judge me.
She used Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelex
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Autumn Arroyo)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It is a busy clinic. It's like the DMV. Take a number and you will be called. Packed to the gills!
A cattle call. So many women there waiting for labs and sono. Very busy!
Treated 2016 - 2017
I think Dr. Fino is very kind and explains all of your options well. However, in my 9 months of treatment, I only saw her twice. She does seem very busy nonetheless so your time with her is limited...was on 9 cycles of Letrozole with no changes in treatment over the course of that time... Doctor is difficult to get ahold of by phone...Dr. Fino is very nice and has good bedside manner...when I had phone appointments with Dr. Fino, she was always at least 45 minutes late...
[NYU] Strengths - they have experience and see a high volume of patients so probably know each and every possible case or explanation. Weaknesses - very little doctor content, feels like a factory, nurses and billing are impossible to get on the phone. You will call 4 times, and every time they will say you will hear a response in by end of day, and you do not. It gets extremely frustrating on top of everything else that goes along with this process.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Lower expectations of doctor facetime/contact. Doctor is difficult to get ahold of by phone.
Dr. Fino is very nice and has good bedside manner.
I was on 9 cycles of Letrozole with no changes in treatment over the course of that time. In addition, I had one surgery to remove a polyp that she thought might improve my chances.
Nursing staff are better in person. It's impossible to get them on the phone. Much better off stalking them in person.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
IUI cycles top to bottom are about $1500-2000 per month depending on the monitoring costs. As I move onto frozen transfer IVF, it is estimated it would cost about $18k top to bottom.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I had many issues that arose where I needed to speak to nurses, or billing, or records, or Dr. Fino's assistant, and they just do not return your phone calls at all. It often requires 4+ messages before someone will call you back. It becomes very frustrating. In addition, when I had phone appointments with Dr. Fino, she was always at least 45 minutes late.
Treated 2016 - 2017
The first thing Dr. Licciardi said to me at our initial consult was, "it looks like you have been on a long road, and I know how difficult that is." It was a simple acknowledgment but exactly what I needed to hear....Dr. Licciardi is one of the top in his field, but does not have the arrogance that sometimes comes with that. He is patient, and caring. He takes the time to listen and explain. Though we did not see him at most appointments, we spoke to him often and felt comfortable that he was overseeing our treatment throughout.
Overall, the nurses [at NYU] were very helpful. We did part of our cycle remotely and most of the nurses went the extra mile, following up with our local lab to ensure they got the blood work in a timely way. The nurses were knowledgable and caring....I went about an hour into the monitoring hours, after the morning rush but before the latecomers. I don't think I waited more than 15 minutes any morning. Very efficient.... NYU is large, and it is important for you to advocate for yourself.
Dr. Licciardi is one of the top in his field, but does not have the arrogance that sometimes comes with that. He is patient, and caring. He takes the time to listen and explain. Though we did not see him at most appointments, we spoke to him often and felt comfortable that he was overseeing our treatment throughout. We were not from NY, and Dr. Licciardi worked with us, to enable us to do part of our cycle with my local Dr. Dr. Licciardi does lecture around the world so he is not always in the office, but even when traveling his staff can usually reach him,
Ask questions. He offers the information the average person wants to hear, but if you are like me and want to understand all the details, ask him to elaborate. He will, and he will explain it clearly until you are satisfied. Also, you can't separate him from the NYU, the clinic that he practices in - NYU is large, and it is important for you to advocate for yourself. However, we were happy with almost all the nurses and staff there and always knew we could go directly to Dr. Licciardi with questions or concerns.
The first thing Dr. Licciardi said to me at our initial consult was, "it looks like you have been on a long road, and I know how difficult that is." It was a simple acknowledgment but exactly what I needed to hear. His caring demeanor continued throughout our treatment. When he spoke with us, he explained his recommendations and patiently answered our many questions.
We had MF (low sperm count) and FF (PCOS). We came to Dr. Licciardi after having done a surgery for MF, monitored cycles and IUIs and having had one miscarrigae. We knew we wanted to move on to IVF. Dr. Licciardi recommended a basic IVF protocol - gonal-f, PIO, ganirelix, doxycycline, ovidrel trigger - as our medical presentation made us good candidates for a basic cycle. Thankfully, he was right. We were able to transfer 1 fresh embryo, and froze 5 all of which were BB or above. We failed the fresh cycle - I believe my body was just too traumatized from all the meds of the cycle. We took a month break and came back for a FET, which was successful.
We dealt with many nurses and there was only one we didn't care for. Overall, the nurses were very helpful. We did part of our cycle remotely and most of the nurses went the extra mile, following up with our local lab to ensure they got the blood work in a timely way. The nurses were knowledgable and caring. Again, NYU is a large clinic and it is important when dealing with so many different people that you are your own advocate and make sure the nurse you are speaking with is aware of the full picture.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU is top center. It may have been overwhelming for us if it was the first stop on our fertility journey. By the time we got to NYU, we were reassured to be in a place with top doctors and labs, and were fine with not having the amenities of a concierge practice. If you are just starting out and using NYU it may be more challenging, though I would still recommend them. We had a consult in another top clinic, and we found NYU to be a lot more caring and small-feel despite its prominence.
12,600 for IVF cycle + 3000 for ICSI + 1000(?) for embryo storage
From what I understand, Dr. Licciardi feels strongly that it is safer to transfer one embryo, and rarely recommends transferring multiple. We discussed this at length with him prior to our FET, and ultimately trusted his judgment and transferred one.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Berkeley is not an easy man to reach but when you have an appointment with him, he takes all the time you need to explain every details of the treatment options and answers patiently all your questions. He never made me feel like my questions were stupid or like I am wasting his time. He is compassionate and understanding...Don't hesitate to ask for an appointment with him and don't hesitate to ask questions. He likes to share his knowledge. If you have an urgent question on your treatment, I would go through the nurse though.
The clinic [NYU] is well organized however, because it is big, there are sometimes miscommunications especially between the medical team and accountability. I would advise to take the time to sit down with one of the accountants to discuss with them the financial side of the treatment and have them fully inquire about your medical coverage. I wish I had a better understanding of my coverage when I started. I think I would have made slightly different medical decisions...The clinic welcomes a lot of patients per day and, while everyone is friendly, they don't have time to get personal. The nurses are your primary interlocutors so they do know you better and they do their best to listen to your worries but sometimes it felt like they did not have the time nor the energy to sooth your worries and anxieties.
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Because I am an SMC, I had to do 6 natural IUIs before my insurance would kick in. After that I started with medicalized IUIs. I took Clomid from Day 4 to 8 twice but had serious side effect. I therefore refused to take it again and asked for another option. I am now taking Letrozol from day 4 to 8 and Ovridel to trigger the ovulation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carole)
The nurses and the nursing staff have to deal with a lot of patient. While they try their best to have time for each patient, it is not always easy. I remember being really upset after my second Clomid cycle did not work and I discovered I had 2 cyctes and the nurse not being very compassionate about it... like she did not know what to do. I am sure it was not the first time, a woman cried in their office. I was surprised to see how they poorly dealt with it.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic is well organized however, because it is big, there are sometimes miscommunications especially between the medical team and accountability. I would advise to take the time to sit down with one of the accountants to discuss with them the financial side of the treatment and have them fully inquire about your medical coverage. I wish I had a better understanding of my coverage when I started. I think I would have made slightly different medical decisions.
Around $500 for a natural cycle IUI and I think around $1200 for an IUI with monitoring and medication
Treated 2017
Dr. Grifo was always kind and compassionate with every conversation. I only met with him in person once, but he was always available for a conference call with my husband and I and we never felt rushed when on the call. I felt like he really understood how tough this process is and how much of an emotional roller-coaster it can be.... He explained the science and numbers but in a compassionate way. He's clearly seen it all and would give advice, but also understands that every experience is individual and personal and deserves that attention.
Dr. Grifo's assistance was extremely nice and helpful! Everyone else [NYU] was nice, as well. The only issue was the wait time for monitoring was often pretty long. Although you may feel like you're just one of too many, once you see someone they are very nice and always answer questions. Billing was helpful, as well.... There were two main nurses I saw who both did the IUI. Both were nice and chatty in a good way as it relaxed me. With one the procedure hurt, with the other not as much, but both were nice and answered questions I had.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I am so happy I saw Dr. Grifo as my first fertility doctor as he was so great at explaining everything. He explained the science and numbers but in a compassionate way. He's clearly seen it all and would give advice, but also understands that every experience is individual and personal and deserves that attention. My only complaint is that I would have preferred to have seen him in person during my iui's
Make sure you request phone calls with him since you won't see him in person (if doing an IUI). But he is very responsive and receptive on the phone.
We did 3 IUIs. Each time I took clomid and went in for monitoring. Trigger shot and then the next day came in for the IUI (done by a nurse). My husband gave a fresh sperm sample.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr. Grifo's assistance was extremely nice and helpful! Everyone else was nice, as well. The only issue was the wait time for monitoring was often pretty long. Although you may feel like you're just one of too many, once you see someone they are very nice and always answer questions. Billing was helpful, as well.
My insurance did not cover IUI so I think we paid between 1-2K per cycle
Treated 2017
He [Dr. Grifo] was so personal and personable. He humanized this entire, gut-wrenching process of IVF. While being very data driven and showing us statistics regarding success rates at my age and ovarian reserve level, Dr. Grifo also said I was heroic for undergoing such procedures and to stop blaming myself. He shared his personal story of infertility and feelings of helplessness and failure.. During the process, my meds were customized and monitored daily
NYU has a smaller clinic on the Westside of Manhattan that was a life saver for me w/ all of the early morning blood draws and ultrasounds...The nurses were accommodating (arriving early for me), sympathetic and I truly felt like they were rooting for me. They were always patient and kind...Despite the size and being part of an academic institution, I never felt like a number at NYU. My treatments were so customized and the Drs and nurses so personal, I felt like they really knew me. The technology was also great; iPads to sign in quickly, online secure emails and online videos to help w/ injections.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr Grifo was transparent from the get go about our chances of success. He used data regularly to supplement his commentary. He was so, so human and made us feel like heroes for undertaking IVF, as opposed to failures who couldn't conceive. He shared his own story of infertility and all of the associated feelings. I felt so comfortable from that first visit; I was depressed, angry and confused, and Dr Grifo was understanding of each of these emotions and offered suggestions to help. He never made me feel like just a number. He was patient in person and by phone, always answering our questions and personalizing his advice.
Go sooner rather than later.
From the initial visit, it was clear Dr. Grifo was different. He was so personal and personable. He humanized this entire, gut-wrenching process of IVF. While being very data driven and showing us statistics regarding success rates at my age and ovarian reserve level, Dr. Grifo also said I was heroic for undergoing such procedures and to stop blaming myself. He shared his personal story of infertility and feelings of helplessness and failure; can you even imagine a pioneer of IVF feeling like this, let alone admitting it? He made me and my husband feel hopeful, but again he utilized data to explain his beliefs and confidence. During the process, my meds were customized and monitored daily (this was certainly not the case at the prior clinic where we went through three, unsuccessful egg retrievals. The nurses were supremely confident, down to earth and competent. Furthermore, I felt like they were rooting for me and knew me. The Dr who performed the transfer (not Grifo) was incredible; she was realistic, yet optimistic and spoke to me like a real human (not just #7 transfer today).
While at first my protocol looked similar to the prior clinic we'd used for 3 rounds of eggs retrievals (all unsuccessful), I quickly saw that NYU was different. The nurses and Drs were constantly evaluating and tweaking my dosage. I took clomid pills, menapur injections, ganerilex injections and double trigger shots. For the transfer there was vaginal and oral estogren pills, as well as other injections. I produced 21 eggs for retrieval, 3 survived until day 5 and 2 tested normal w/ PGS. We transferred 1 embryo and I'm due to have a baby in less than 6 weeks.
NYU has a smaller clinic on the Westside of Manhattan that was a life saver for me w/ all of the early morning blood draws and ultrasounds. I have to be at work by 8am and going to NYU on the East side would've been very stressful. The nurses were accommodating (arriving early for me), sympathetic and I truly felt like they were rooting for me. They were always patient and kind.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr Grifo did not accept my primary insurance (Cigna) but did take my secondary (UHC). Many things were covered, but this was our fourth egg retrieval in 1 calendar year so we didn't have a lot of coverage left. Out of pocket was ICSI and PGS, and they charged you in advance and refunded the difference (if fewer embryos made/tested).
We had 2 PGS tested embryos at the end of the retrieval and asked Dr Grifo his thoughts on transferring both. He strongly preferred transferring one, saying odds for pregnancy wouldn't increase w/ 2 and given my age (39) why risk both taking and having an even higher risk pregnancy. His rationale was, would you be more upset to not have a 3rd child or lose both and not get the 2nd you've been trying for all this time.
Treated 2017
When I actually talked to Dr.Fino she was great on the phone and respected my approach to getting pregnant...As a patient I met her once- after that I was thrown into the NYU system. I can't really rate her as I was her patient because I hardly ever dealt with her at all- when I would finally be able to pin her down on the phone I had good clear candid conversations with her- I think she was clear and understood my perspective and honored that- but I did not get any sort of follow up from her and no human communication- even when I got pregnant-
I thought that the clinic [NYU] felt like a total factory...you will not have a personal relationship with your doctor- it is a big place and you will be thrown into the system- you will deal with a different person each time that you go in...I had some doctors who were cold and not helpful and did not explain things to me and made me feel dumb about questions or scheduling etc...the phone system sucked, it took me weeks to schedule a phone appointment.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Be extremely persistent in regards to communication- she will not follow up it is really on you to make extra phone calls and demand calls back and time to talk to her about issues you may have
When I actually talked to Dr.Fino she was great on the phone and respected my approach to getting pregnant. That said it was difficult to reach her, the phone system sucked, it took me weeks to schedule a phone appointment. And it felt like a system that was not humanly compassionate.
I only wanted to use IUI as my insurance would not cover anything else- so she helped facilitate that and believed that there were quite a few options with in the IUI cycle that may work for me- so if Clomid wasn't working we could go down a different road in the IUI system. I felt this was really helpful and I really appreciated that she did not push IVF which I was opposed to
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carol)
I dont remember who was who- but the people taking blood where nice- main nurse that I worked with was super responsible in returning phone calls and calling in results-
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I thought that the clinic felt like a total factory- I think that if you want to go in and get IVF then thats what they do- thats what they are comfortable doing. That said you will not have a personal relationship with your doctor- it is a big place and you will be thrown into the system- you will deal with a different person each time that you go in- if your ok with that then you should go for it- that sort of attitude was not for me- I had some doctors who were cold and not helpful and did not explain things to me and made me feel dumb about questions or scheduling etc. My actual doctor on the other hand was great when I could arrange a time to meet wither her ( they did not encourage in person but rather phone calls) I was never able to email her directly only thru her assistant which I found insulting and found that other friends of mine did not have that experience at other clinics. Their phone system was bonkers and it was rare to have a person at the clinic pick up the phone instead you have to go thru this long phone system and call center to leave a message- then when they would finally leave a message it would be from a non working number that you could not call back and then would have to call the service again and wait another 3 hours-
$1k
Investor
When I spoke directly with Doctor Fino (after my first cycle ended and I received my PGS results), I found her to be helpful, understanding and willing to go into as much detail as I needed...I found it difficult to get in touch with Doctor Fino without scheduling a call a week out...My interaction with her was limited other than determining a plan of action pre- and post-cycle. I never doubted her abilities, but did not have direct contact with her during the course of treatment to explain why certain decisions around timing and hormone levels were being made.
[NYU runs] Like a factory; limited interaction with doctors. Not for those who need their hand held. However, well oiled machine that seems to be working well...Rarely had the same one [nurse] twice; however, all were kind and intelligent. Always received a call back promptly from a nurse when I left a voicemail with the clinic...[monitoring appts] 7-9am. If you get there early, you should be seen within 15-30 minutes. Restrictive hours, though....$15.5k for cycle with PGS, $3k for meds and $5k for PGS
How was your experience with Elizabeth Fino at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Understand that you will not see her directly or be able to access her directly during cycles, but rest assured that the clinic is a well oiled machine.
When I spoke directly with Doctor Fino (after my first cycle ended and I received my PGS results), I found her to be helpful, understanding and willing to go into as much detail as I needed. I felt more like a number during the cycle itself, going into the clinic and seeing a different doctor each time and receiving a call from a different nurse each time. I found it difficult to get in touch with Doctor Fino without scheduling a call a week out.
First time was typically 300 Follistim and 150 Menapur. For this current cycle, starting an estrogen patch a week before beginning injections to stabilize my estrogen levels and hopefully generate eggs that are more consistent (14 eggs retrieved last time, but many were too mature or too young).
Rarely had the same one twice; however, all were kind and intelligent. Always received a call back promptly from a nurse when I left a voicemail with the clinic.
$15.5k for cycle with PGS, $3k for meds and $5k for PGS
Strongly encouraged to do single.
Treated 2014 - 2016
I did do an endometrial scratch and we did do PGS [with Dr. Grifo]...Dr. Grifo's strengths: his success rate, his expertise, his compassion. The only weakness is that it's hard to get in touch with him directly and sometimes his assistant does not respond for a few days...Dr. Grifo was immediately empathetic, but realistic. He does not have the "God" complex that I found other IVF doctors had. He is incredibly knowledgeable and compassionate. HIs staff was very professional as well.
The nursing staff [at NYU] was very efficient and compassionate. My only complaint is there is no direct phone number to reach them at, you always have to leave a message and they will call you back... I found the monitoring hours (early morning) totally manageable. Weekends were more crowded, but sometimes I was seen right away...To check in during morning monitoring hours, you check in at a computer. I actually like this set-up, but some people think its impersonal. I did not mind and actually thought it was quite efficient.
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Ask as many questions as you need to. Tell him how important it is for you that HE himself monitors your daily appointments. Listen to his advice, whether good or bad. He does not say things just to be nice, if he thinks you are progressively positiviely, you are!
When my husband and I met with Dr. Grifo, we had been trying to conceive for over 2 years. We had had several miscarriages, ectopic pregnancies, and failed FETs. We were completely heartbroken and full of despair. Dr. Grifo was immediately empathetic, but realistic. He does not have the "God" complex that I found other IVF doctors had. He is incredibly knowledgeable and compassionate. HIs staff was very professional as well.
I cannot recall the medications I took, but I did do an endometrial scratch and we did do PGS.
The nursing staff was very efficient and compassionate. My only complaint is there is no direct phone number to reach them at, you always have to leave a message and they will call you back.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My job and home schedule is flexible. I found the monitoring hours (early morning) totally manageable. Weekends were more crowded, but sometimes I was seen right away. I was fine with it.
Treated 2016
I reacted strongly to the meds [with Dr. Frederick Licciardi] and needed to be seen daily for monitoring and given the antagonist drugs fairly soon in my cycle (I believe it was Ganirelix)...expect him to be straightforward with you...Dr. Licciardi treated us like humans, but we only met with him once and only spoke on the phone a few times regarding results after that.
A round of IVF [at NYC] was $18,500. Since we had a lot of embryos and did PGS testing and an FET, that added on about $10k more in cost...The clinic treats you a little like a number – which was to be expected at a large clinic like that...The nursing staff was proficient and experienced. They did not seem particularly compassionate or personal. More just about business and trying to be efficient, which was ok with me, because there were a lot of people to get through in the mornings. It would have been nice if they'd introduced themselves when they called your name or drew your blood.
We found Dr. Licciardi to be smart, experienced and to the point. I would recommend him without hesitation, but perhaps not to someone who wants a doctor to be extremely warm and compassionate and hold their hand throughout the process. I wouldn't say that Dr. L was NOT warm or compassionate, but I also wouldn't call him a warm & fuzzy doctor. That was not important to us – we only wanted a doctor who was very experienced with a track record of success – so we were very happy with him.
Ask blunt questions and expect him to be straightforward with you.
Dr. Licciardi treated us like humans, but we only met with him once and only spoke on the phone a few times regarding results after that. The clinic treats you a little like a number – which was to be expected at a large clinic like that, so it did not bother me.
I don't remember specific medications or dosages. We stared the regular way (I believe I had a gonal F pen), but I reacted strongly to the meds and needed to be seen daily for monitoring and given the antagonist drugs fairly soon in my cycle (I believe it was Ganirelix).
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU is a world-class facility. I personally don't care if it feels like a farm or you're treated as a number – they have a lot of people to get through, and all I care about is that they're effective and successful, which they are. I would recommend anyone to NYU.
There were a lot of people, but it ran like a well-oiled machine. You could go anytime between 7 and 9am, which was nice for some flexibility, but the later you got there, the longer the wait would be. If you arrived during the first half hour, there was basically no wait.
A round of IVF was $18,500. Since we had a lot of embryos and did PGS testing and an FET, that added on about $10k more in cost.
The NYU practice strongly recommends a single transfer, especially with PGS embryos. You would have to override their recommendation to transfer multiple embryos.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Berkley on the other hand was compassionate and thorough. Spent almost an hour chatting with me about all of my options and recommended that we explore several less invasive (and less expensive) options first....He ordered tests that were needs and did In face uncover some medical issues I didn't even know about - specially scars tissue in uterus from a D&C. I would recommend him to everyone.
The [NYU Fertility] location is a bit of a pain - all the way on 1st Ave - but otherwise great. A large waiting room that is usually pretty empty. The staff is lovely and it's all well organized. Because it is part of NYU all the outside testing and procedures are done within a few blocks and there is no added time to schedule things, get test back, etc.
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I really like Dr. Berkley. I had seem Dr. Stein at RMA before and found him to be on the cold side and he jumped right to IVF as my only option. Dr. Berkley on the other hand was compationate and thorough. Spent almost an hour chatting with me about all of my options and recommended that we explore several less invasive (and less expensive) options first. He explained a great deal about infertility and made the whole process easier to understand. he spoke to me like a person and his equal and never made me fell silly about even my most basic questions. He ordered tests that were needs and did In face uncover some medical issues I didn't even know about - specially scars tissue in uterus from a D&C. I would recommend him to everyone.
Ask all of your questions. He is so thorough and knowledgeable and speaks to you in way that makes it easy to understand. So be sure to bring a list!
I knew from the moment I called to make my first appointment that I would like the practice. They were thorough and helpful and remembered me (and my multiple phone calls) when I came in.
At my initial visit he did an internal ultrasound and took blood to determine egg quantity and quality. He then had me do the X-ray of my uterus which showed scar tissue. I then had a Hysteroscopy to have it removed. I am now starting clomid and IUI
Patient and kind, and funny - which always helps.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The location is a bit of a pain - all the way on 1st Ave - but otherwise great. A large waiting room that is usually pretty empty. The staff is lovely and it's all well organized. Because it is part of NYU all the outside testing and procedures are done within a few blocks and there is no added time to schedule things, get test back, etc.
IUI is covered by my insurance and so far I have only had deductible charges. They are high, but that is because of my insurance. But they are very upfront about costs before any tests or procedures
Treated 2011 - 2015
Dr Noyes was on target, predicting that she would be able to get over 20 eggs in a cycle and they retrieved 27 eggs. She was very practical and helpful in determining how to proceed when I decided to conceive. She is a good diagnostician. She is also blunt, funny and a little wacky. But if you are struggling and need a bit of hand hand holding, I am not sure Dr. Noyes is the doctor for you....She is skilled doctor and knows her stuff. But do not expect a warm and fuzzy doctor.
The nursing staff [at NYU - 1st Ave] was good and was responsive to calls...The clinicians have a lot of experience and know their stuff. But if you are looking for a place where you receive emotional support, this may not be the place for you. I did not need it as I had no issues. I froze my eggs.... I will say that Dr Noyes assistant, Jarlin, is really nice and caring... For one IFV cycle, one icsi and one implementation cost me about $22,000. In addition, I paid another $3,000 for PGS testing.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr Noyes is a competent doctor and is a good diagnostician. She was on target with her predictions. Her demeanor is not for everyone. She is blunt and some people take offense at her bluntness. I appreciated it and had no fertility issues (I froze and when I was ready I conceived) so it worked for me. But I am not sure if I were looking for hand holding that she would be the first doctor to whom I would go.
I was very lucky and had a successful egg cycle and transfer. Dr Noyes was on target, predicting that she would be able to get over 20 eggs in a cycle and they retrieved 27 eggs. She was very practical and helpful in determining how to proceed when I decided to conceive. She is a good diagnostician. She is also blunt, funny and a little wacky. But if you are struggling and need a bit of hand hand holding, I am not sure Dr. Noyes is the doctor for you.
I had one cycle and folistom was the primary medicine used. My trigger shot was changed at the end to Lupron to avoid overstimulation.
The nursing staff was good and was responsive to calls.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinicians have a lot of experience and know their stuff. But if you are looking for a place where you receive emotional support, this may not be the place for you. I did not need it as I had no issues. I froze my eggs. I had twenty seven eggs in one cycle. When I wanted to get pregnant, I was successful on the first try. I will say that Dr Noyes assistant, Jarlin, is really nice and caring.
You had to go in between 7-9;00 am in the morning. I suppose if I had an issue, I could have asked for a special appointment. But I did not have occasion to.
My exams before the egg freezing cycle and before I decided to get pregnant were covered as were my visits after I became pregnant. My medications for the freezing cycle and for pregnancy were covered. The rest was not. For one IFV cycle, one icsi and one implementation cost me about $22,000. In addition, I paid another $3,000 for PGS testing.
I think my doctor's approach was dead on. She recommended PGS and after the results, she recommended a single embryo transfer. Given the problems, I have seen with twins, particularly with older women-I would highly recommend this approach.
I did not.
Treated 2015
Dr. Berkeley is a fantastic physician, but NYU's program is simply awful. After a failed cycle, we were told our only hope was a donor egg cycle. It took 1 year and 4 months before we heard from the donor program. By that time, we had switched clinics...We really like Dr. Berkeley (he's knowledgeable, and has a great bedside manner) but the staff at NYU is a disaster. Before every appointment we had to check into billing before being seen. We felt as if we were treated like cattle at every appointment...
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Again, Dr. Berkeley is a fantastic physician, but NYU's program is simply awful. After a failed cycle, we were told our only hope was a donor egg cycle. It took 1 year and 4 months before we heard from the donor program. By that time, we had switched clinics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shelley Lee)
Once it became clear that I would not be able to conceive on my own, we were transferred to the donor egg program. We never spoke to Autumn Arroyo, who we were told was the donor egg program coordinator. Instead, we had a meeting with a psychologist, Shelley Lee. During our mandatory meeting, Dr. Lee repeatedly mispronounced my family's country of origin. She said, given my ethnic heritage it would take at least 6 months to find a donor for me. We waited 6 months, and didn't hear from NYU's program. After waiting 8 months, I made an appointment with another fertility clinic. I finally heard from Dr. Lee 1 year and 4 months after our appointment. During that time period, I became pregnant on my own, had a miscarriage, and found another donor at much more organized and caring program. (They even found a donor who shared my Caribbean heritage.) My new team displayed a kindness, and sympathy that I didn't receive under NYU's care. 1 year and 4 months when you are desperately trying to conceive is inexcusably long. Fortunately, I found another clinic that treated me as an individual and not a case file.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There is no question that NYU is a busy practice, but their focus is on billing patients (you check into billing before you are seen every single time you go to the office), not on patient care. The nurse didn't call in my prescriptions before my cycle. I had one physician whose name I can't remember who was counting my follicles during my first and only stim cycle. It was a disaster. While she read my ultrasound results, I asked innocently, "Is that bad?" and she answered flippantly, "Well, it's not good." As well, it took over 1 year and 4 months to hear back from the donor egg program. Although I really liked my physician, you rarely see or speak to your main physician. This is common with most fertility practices. What is not common? NYU's lack of basic patient care.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU's nurses failed to call in my prescriptions, and failed to follow up with lab results. Their donor program failed to contact me for over 1 year and 4 months. The donor program also had no understanding of my ethnic heritage, and made no attempt to learn. Some of the doctors were curt and flippant. I never felt as if I were a patient. More often than not I felt as if I were an inconvenience.
Treated 2015
Some days it was like a factory in there [NYU]. Unless you had the same nurse drawing your blood each morning or saw the same doctor every morning you were a number. It wasn't until I had complications with the IVF that I became a human...When my husband and I were given all of the information about Tammy specific treatment it was reviewed by a nurse in a room with other couples. I saw dr liccardi infrequently during treatment. He did not do my transfer or retreval.
I ended up hospitalized with severe OHSS but was able to maintain a healthy pregnancy.... I saw Dr Liccardi when I first went to the clinic and spoke to him numerous times before my course of treatment. When my husband and I were given all of the information about Tammy specific treatment it was reviewed by a nurse in a room with other couples. I saw dr liccardi infrequently during treatment. He did not do my transfer or retreval. He did however play a more active role in my care once I was full of fluid- and eventually hospitalized. ... this should never have happened.
He is a great doctor but demand more personalized care. Do your homework and ask all the questions you need. Be sure that your comfortable with your course of treatment
Some days it was like a factory in there. Unless you had the same nurse drawing your blood each morning or saw the same doctor every morning you were a number. It wasn't until I had complications with the IVF that I became a human
I decided to do IVF w dr liccardi after trying clomid pills for many months with my Obgyn. Dr liccardi felt strongly that an IUI or IVF cycle would work very well for me. We went with IVF (insurance covered one round) my treatment included the HCG trigger shot. (Looking back- This should not have been part of my treatment) treatment was fine. I was a "chicken with 18 eggs" as one of the doctors told me. Retreval was a breeze. When it came to transfer I told the current doctor I was feeling incredibly bloated, uncomfortable etc... he told me since I had no weight gain it was normal since 18 eggs were remove. I proceeded with the transfer. Shortly after (a day or two)I found myself short of breathe and when I lied down it felt as if I was drowning..... turns out I was pregnant but I also had OHSS. I was hospitalized for a few nights. I had a lung tap, multiple stomach drains in dr liccardi office, another ER visit w another. Lung tap and yet another stomach drain. I gained a ton of weight due to fluids. Somehow I was able to maintain the pregnancy and today I have a healthy boy
Treated 2014 - 2015
Only go to Dr. Berkeley when you are absolutely ready to commit yourself to doing whatever it would take to have children. He will help until he absolutely can't and than some!...Both my wife and I had been through a cycle before that was unsuccessful. Dr. Berkley was able to answer questions that were difficult ones to answer with a sense of care, compassion and knowledge like he has been down this road before and knows what to expect.
Somewhere in the range of $15,000 for IVF with ICSA. and Around $5000 for transferring of eggs after...[NYU] strengths: cutting edge medicine, staff that could never be outdone, environment that is comforting weaknesses: unfortunately they are located on a busy side of Manhattan so the outside atmosphere is hustle and bustle, and the total opposite of the inside... this is in no way a reflection on the clinic/staff.... just a reality to the future patients that go there that you need a plan for parking for monitoring and other time consuming visits.
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Berkeley knows what he is doing. He is a veteran that is VERY up to date on the latest protocols and procedures. His office is equipped with all that he would ever need to stay on top of current trends and successful procedures. But more important than that, his bedside manner gives you confidence that you have somebody in your corner to even the odds when you feel like everything is against you.
I really can't remember the details of the protocols, but having come from another "specialist" in fertility medicine, his protocol was radically more aggressive and did involve more of a hormone therapy approach that was sure to bring results. He stayed on top of our case and was always available within the day to get back to us with any questions we had for him. The end result was after one unsuccessful implantation (second in total of trying to conceive) we now have a beautiful child who keeps us on our toes (thank G-d).
Efficient, respectful and caring to us every morning (and they were EARLY mornings!) They were ready to get the best job done at ~6:45am every day we were there and were attentive to our emotional needs as well.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
one time the clinic did not call at their usual time of around 12pm/1pm. We had to call them that day. It wasn't a big deal at all, it was just results for that day's bloodwork while monitoring. When you get used to excellent work, its hard to get anything less. The staff was MORE than apologetic and it never happened again afterwards.