9.7

660 1st Avenue
212.263.8990
109 West 27th St
212.263.8999

Dr. DeVore was exactly what I was looking for in a fertility doctor. She always took the time to explain everything to me. She was honest but compassionate when there was not so good news, and she always had a plan for the next step, which I appreciated. She was able to get me pregnant on my third round of IUI, but we had already set up the process for IVF in case the IUI didn't work. I'm so grateful to her for getting me pregnant, but also for her knowledge and approachable bedside manner.
We did one round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot [at NYU Langone Fertility Center], and then the next round of IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot, which resulted in a pregnancy...All of the nurses were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and organized...I found the clinic to e very organized and well run. The open hours for labs/US could get crowded and you might wait for 15-20 minutes, but this was the same as the practice where I was seen first, so I wasn't surprised.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She will listen to what your hopes are and will be honest with you in coming up with your treatment plan. I very much appreciated her honest opinion and help in managing my expectations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore took the time to explain every detail of infertility with me, as well as every step along the way and exactly what the plan would be.
Describe the protocols Shannon DeVore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did one round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot, and then the next round of IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot, which resulted in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
All of the nurses were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and organized.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My insurance almost completely covered my treatment. There were a few bills for ultrasounds and IUI, but overall less than $200 I would guess.
Describe Shannon DeVore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NY - 1st Ave
I felt completely safe and always hopeful in her [Dr. DeVore's] expertise and knowledge. I knew she was always assessing my progress, adapting the treatment as we went to ensure it worked best for me and the results showed. I had no doubt she would do everything in her power to help me get to the end result I wanted...She gave me the emotional support I needed but also told it to me straight...[we] discussed the approach for the embryo transfer and I felt very informed going into it
At the start it can feel overwhelming with the amount of information and documents to get signed. But NYU was incredibly organized and efficient with my time, guiding me through the process. I found the NYU app a really useful tool to keep me informed of appointments and billing etc and it was used effectively by the NYU team...I have nothing but positive words to saying about the full nursing staff. They went over and above in their care of me, it felt incredibly personal. They took the time to get to know me and understand my individual journey. I knew I could call them anytime with any question and they would be there for me
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I have so much love and respect when it comes to Shannon DeVore. I cannot speak highly enough of her. I feel incredibly lucky she ended up being my fertility doctor. Not only am I now pregnant but she managed to make the entire journey positive. She is outstanding at her job. I felt completely safe and always hopeful in her expertise and knowledge. I knew she was always assessing my progress, adapting the treatment as we went to ensure it worked best for me and the results showed. I had no doubt she would do everything in her power to help me get to the end result I wanted. Shannon DeVore is also a wonderful human being. She kept me afloat during the treatment. She lifted me up when I lost faith, she provide emotional support during difficult times, and she gave me the right amount of encouragement to continue when I thought hope was lost. She is open, honest and to the point - all essential in your fertility journey when you need to know where you stand.
Choose Shannon DeVore as your fertility doctor. Best thing you can do.
Shannon DeVore could not have made me feel more human or more listened to during my IVF journey. She was outstanding in her care of me - I felt like she completely understand everything I was going through. She gave me the emotional support I needed but also told it to me straight - our relationship was built on honesty and transparency. And in doing so she gave me the motivation to carry on when times were tough.
I have nothing but positive words to saying about the full nursing staff. They went over and above in their care of me, it felt incredibly personal. They took the time to get to know me and understand my individual journey. I knew I could call them anytime with any question and they would be there for me. I definitely cried on them multiply times and they showed me compassion and love. I thought they were outstanding.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was impressed with NYU Fertility from the get go. At the start it can feel overwhelming with the amount of information and documents to get signed. But NYU was incredibly organized and efficient with my time, guiding me through the process. I found the NYU app a really useful tool to keep me informed of appointments and billing etc and it was used effectively by the NYU team. It felt like a seamless operation which I hugely appreciated.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I found the monitoring appointments a well oiled machine. Especially if you choose an early morning slot, which worked out well for me, as there was hardly ever a queue. They really tried to move you through as fast as you can and once you were in the rhythm of them, understanding the need to go between 7-10am, then it worked really well.
I don't want to answer this as it is so specific to my fertility treatment so its not comparable.
Shannon DeVore and I discussed the approach for the embryo transfer and I felt very informed going into it. Again it was a very open dialogue throughout the process and I was very clear on why we were moving forward with the approach we choose.

2021, Successful
The nursing and administrative staff at the NYU west side location is incredible. They are always there to help answer questions, coordinate precious time, and provide you with the care you need to get through a very timely and emotional process....We much preferred the West Side location to the East, particularly when it came to working with the administrative and nursing staff. We also found that the earliest appointment slots were best for time management, especially if you work full time.
How was your experience with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Previous to seeing Dr. Blakemore, I had gone to my obgyn for an ultrasound to inquire whether I had PCOS or not. After almost a month and a half of ignored test results and unclear communication with my obgyn, we decided to see Dr. Blakemore. From the intake process, Dr. Blakemore ruled out what I had thought was the issue of our infertility caused by my PCOS, with the larger factor of low sperm count that was contributing to our failed attempts at conceiving. From the very beginning, Dr. Blakemore helped us truly understand every detail of our options, our journey, and possible outcomes. Just as importantly, she provided us with immediate attention and care, and we never, ever felt like time was wasted. Dr. Blakemore is as compassionate as she is comprehensive, and I don’t have enough words to describe how happy we were to find her. In the end, our course of treatment was IVF, and we were successful with Dr. Blakemore after one round of retrievals and one transfer. We have four additional healthy embryos frozen from this round as well. We always felt like we were in the best hands possible with her as our doctor, and I am so glad she will be there for us in the future.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Blakemore is the most caring doctor we’ve ever been to. At a time when our emotions were running high from many uncertainties, Dr. Blakemore never treated us like we were one of many. She was always there to answer questions and concerns, and provided direct information with kindness and compassion.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Blakemore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
IVF with ICSI
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nursing and administrative staff at the NYU west side location is incredible. They are always there to help answer questions, coordinate precious time, and provide you with the care you need to get through a very timely and emotional process. We are still in contact with the staff that were part of our fertility journey at the west side location, and miss them constantly! We wish they could have been a part of our entire pregnancy journey as well.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
We much preferred the West Side location to the East, particularly when it came to working with the administrative and nursing staff. We also found that the earliest appointment slots were best for time management, especially if you work full time. Overall, both locations provided us with positive experiences.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
fully covered through insurance aside from PGA-T testing

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Devore set realistic expectations for us and continued to tailor our treatment plan based on the results we were getting...Dr. Devore was listening to us and giving us personalized care based on our situation (not the "standards")...She is hands on, and is very easy to get in touch with. She was always the one to call us with results...she was the only doctor who made an effort to read our entire medical record and then setup a follow up call with us where she tailored her recomendations based on our history...
NYU is a very well run and organized clinic. The scheduling for appointments was very easy. All appointments ran on time. I was always in and out of the office quickly and without stress. There are two locations you can visit for monitoring during the week which makes things convenient...All the nurses are extremely friendly and supportive....
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore is the best doctor I have ever had the privilege of seeing. She is compassionate and forward thinking and always had us feeling supported and listened to. After having a failed IVF cycle along with three failed embryo transfers at a previous clinic, we were starting to lose hope. Dr. Devore set realistic expectations for us and continued to tailor our treatment plan based on the results we were getting which we believe made all the difference! We did one round of IVF under her care and were successful with our first embryo transfer.
If you want a doctor who is dedicated to her patients then this is the doctor for you! She is hands on, and is very easy to get in touch with. She was always the one to call us with results (compared to some other clinics where the nurses will call), and we always heard from her the same day the results came in! There was even a time I was not able to answer my phone and she proactively called my husband on a Sunday afternoon to share results we had been waiting for. She is truly an exceptional doctor.
After using two previous fertility doctors and having a failed IVF cycle (with three failed embryo transfers) we decided to interview new clinics/doctors in search of more personalized care. We met with 4 other doctors/clinics and the moment we met with Dr. Devore we knew we were in the right hands. After our initial consult, she was the only doctor who made an effort to read our entire medical record and then setup a follow up call with us where she tailored her recomendations based on our history. At other clinics we felt as if we were just another number going through the same exact protocol as everyone else. I always felt that Dr. Devore was listening to us and giving us personalized care based on our situation (not the "standards").
After having a failed IVF cycle/three failed embryo transfers at our last clinic we were determined to setup our next cycle for success. Dr. Devore recomended PGS testing our embryos, and performing an ERA/uterine biopsy prior to transfer which I think made all the difference. She was also always thinking one step ahead. Our embryos were not the best quality so she also recommended that we transfer two at the same time (which is not the norm, and most doctors are hesitant to do). We were successful with our very first embryo transfer under her care which resulted in one healthy singleton baby.
All the nurses are extremely friendly and supportive.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr Devore allowed us to transfer two embryos based on our prior history, and the quality of our embryos. The transfer of two embryos resulted in one singleton birth.

2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore always had a smile on her face, never made you feel rushed, always was honest and answered your questions to the best of her ability. I never felt like I was on a time limit, or that she wasn't available if I needed her. Twice I had to call with questions, and twice Dr. Blakemore HERSELF called me back almost right away to answer the questions and calm my nerves when my nerves needed to be calmed...I wanted to transfer two embryos but Dr. Blakemore insisted we do only one...
The nursing team [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] always reached out when you needed them and always gave detailed information. You never felt rushed and sometimes they even listened to me vent. They showed compassion and kindness from day one and did whatever they could to assist you and your doctor in getting you the care and information you need...I usually waited 10-15 min for an ultrasound after blood work which isn't bad. Occasionally on very very busy days, I had to wait 30 minutes and maybe once or twice more but in total, you were essentially in and out in an hour...
I was lucky enough to become pregnant under the care of Dr. Blakemore. After 2 and a half years trying to conceive. I came from another practice with many issues so my first consultation with her, I had reservations about trusting someone else with my fertility treatments, especially after feeling so ignored at my previous clinic. From the first day meeting with her, she really helps you feel relaxed, calm and shared her own personal journey with me which helped break down some of my walls. She was thorough with everything she explained to both me and my husband and let us know she was always available if we needed her. Dr. Blakemore wasn't kidding. She seemingly works every single day, and has even called me back herself on numerous occasions to answer questions for me. You can see the passion she has in all that she does - she's beaming with it. She's excited everyday to come to work and help people conceive children. It's hard not to be excited when your doctor is so excited and positive and happy to be there. She helps you see the positive and continue moving forward even when setbacks seem huge. She supports you in your decisions and explains risks and benefits. I felt like she became my friend while I was there - my own personal cheerleader cheering me on. As a doctor, she's incredible and she absolutely amazing at what she does. If you need protocol adjusted, she adjusts it. She knows what works. Our second retrieval was 3x as successful as our first BECAUSE of Jennifer Blakemore. This woman will one day be in the hall of fame for science or something because she does so much research and cares about what she does, shes either going to discover something magical - I don't know. She's up to date on the latest information. I literally could go on and on and on about how marvelous I think she is as a person and as a doctor. She would always inform me where she would be so I knew where to schedule my appointment so I could be seen by her. She's incredibly hands on. Again, this is her passion and as a patient, you feel like your success is her passion - her goal. I wish all my doctors were as incredible as Dr. Blakemore. Tears were shed when I finally was lucky enough to graduate the fertility clinic because she was so caring, compassionate, kind, dedicated - just amazing. Words cannot describe. If you're looking for a fertility doctor, you would be VERY lucky to have the chance to work with Dr. Blakemore. It was the ultimate privilege for myself and my husband and I truly believe that without her, we wouldn't be pregnant right now. She made me a better person through this process. I owe her everything and cannot thank her enough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I don't feel like you need any advice from me other than to trust Dr. Blakemore. She knows what she's talking about. If you listen to her, you will be in the best hands around!
Although there are many patients in this clinic, the staff works as a team to make you feel special and make you feel like you're the only patient in the facility. From the way the nurses checked you in, took your blood work and answered questions to the face to face appointments with Dr. Blakemore. Dr. Blakemore always had a smile on her face, never made you feel rushed, always was honest and answered your questions to the best of her ability. I never felt like I was on a time limit, or that she wasn't available if I needed her. Twice I had to call with questions, and twice Dr. Blakemore HERSELF called me back almost right away to answer the questions and calm my nerves when my nerves needed to be calmed. I feel like she cares about each of her patients and takes her job seriously. It's not a job for her. It's a passion and she has a team around her who help support that.
For IUI, we used Clomid and Ovidrel. For both retrievals, we used Clomid. For my first retrieval, we used Menopur, Gonal F, Ovidrel and Cetritide. On my second and final retrieval, we used Gonal F, Lupron, and HCG. There may have been more but I can't remember. The change from the first to second retrieval helped us get better quality eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
From day one, Dr. Blakemore's assistant Shenetta helped me stay focused, stay calm and answered every single one of my questions - and there were a lot. The nursing team always reached out when you needed them and always gave detailed information. You never felt rushed and sometimes they even listened to me vent. They showed compassion and kindness from day one and did whatever they could to assist you and your doctor in getting you the care and information you need. Couldn't be happier with the team!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have no complaints at all about this clinic, aside from one appointment (which just happened to be bad luck because so many people were there lol - not in the clinics control), the appointment wait times are very reasonable (15 minutes, sometimes less than 5 minutes). The staff is kind, compassionate, caring. My only negative experience was that I am disabled and needed to use the elevator to get to the second floor and the girl at the front desk was not educated on disabilities and it was a very complicated process, where I loudly had to basically plead my case to convince her I was disabled enough for her liking to be able to use the elevator. Aside from that, everyone was amazing.
Morning monitoring was an interesting experience because while I have no complaints, there is a certain feeling of a cattle call, but very minor. It doesn't change my perception of this clinic, because it also runs as a well oiled machine. You come in, they call you back, take your blood work and then you wait in another area to be called for your ultrasound. Each time you delt with a staff member, it was very individualized, but I would have liked going from blood work, to an US room instead of another waiting area, however I understand why they do it this way. The quicker they get your blood work in, the quicker they call you with the results. The blood work takes a few minutes while ultrasounds take more time. It can feel frustrating at first, but you get the hang of it. I think theres just this feeling of being at a fertility clinic where you just want to get in, get the info and get on with your life because you don't want to become "the fertility girl" so the waiting can seem worse than it is. I usually waited 10-15 min for an ultrasound after blood work which isn't bad. Occasionally on very very busy days, I had to wait 30 minutes and maybe once or twice more but in total, you were essentially in and out in an hour - give or take 20 minutes - which I didn't mind because I got to see my doctor each time so it was blood work, ultrasound and speaking to my doctor which felt worth it to me.
We were lucky to have insurance so we had copays since our deductible was met and then just the cost of the PGT testing. I know this is not the standard practice so we feel very lucky that this was our experience.
Describe Jennifer Blakemore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I wanted to transfer two embryos but Dr. Blakemore insisted we do only one. I wasn't pleased then because I was so nervous it was going to fail, but I trusted her, because she gave me the information I needed to understand that one was the way to go. If we failed on our first transfer, we could discuss two in the future. I was very concerned with running out of insurance benefits, but in the end I am VERY happy I listed to Dr. Blakemore because I am pregnant and to me, that is a success!
2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore explained the entire process from the start to the end. She made sure we understood all the risks, benefits, and alternatives of each procedure. She frequently asked if we had any questions throughout each encounter. She made us feel empowered by letting us chose educated decisions regarding our treatments...She was very thorough during our fertility work-up/evaluation...
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone] we absolutely detailed and organized. They were very knowledgeable. Also very kind and patient which is important...Ease of access (1st ave and west side). Entire team was wonderful. Not exactly weakness, but sometimes you will have different nurse and providers for some appointments (not a weakness again, each staff is well updated with your case and history)...
Dr. Jennifer Blakemore is truly a gem of a physician! She is an intelligent doctor with an absolutely wonderful heart. My husband and I are very grateful to Dr. Blakemore and her team for helping us build a family. She made us feel that we belonged to the right place the moment from time of our initial consultation. She was very thorough during our fertility work-up/evaluation. She made sure that my husband and I understood each process and progression of each treatment. I felt truly comfortable and at ease during each procedure. She was always on top of my test results especially during my daily monitoring for my retrievals. She gave us a true sense of hope in this complex world of infertility. We will be forever grateful to her care. We strongly recommend Dr. Blakemore for any future fertility patients.
Always ask questions! She would love to answer them!
Ovulation induction with Letrozole x 2. IUI with letrozole x1 Egg retrieval FET
The nursing staff we absolutely detailed and organized. They were very knowledgeable. Also very kind and patient which is important!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My insurance paid for majority of our treatments but in overall out-of-pocket costs, we spent about $12,000 for including co-pay, PGT-A, embryo biopsy, and medications.
NY - Westside

Dr. Blakemore had a plan from day one for which specialized lab she wanted to use for testing...We had a pretty unique situation where we were doing IVF for genetic testing only as my husband and I are carriers of the same recessive gene...She is extremely personable, very smart and up to date on the latest with fertility science. She explained everything very clearly to us and I always felt like I knew what was happening and what to expect...
The nursing staff at NYU was all extremely competent and helpful. They always responded to calls quickly the few times that I called after hours and needed help with something...NYU was a perfect choice because I knew they had an in-house genetic counselor. With Dr. Blakemore, you get the best personal care while also getting the perks of a big institution like access to a genetic counselor...NYU has a slide in their standard presentation about why they encourage eSET due to the many health risks of multiples...
Dr. Blakemore is one of the best doctors I have ever had and I would recommend her without reservation to anyone else going through fertility treatment. She is extremely personable, very smart and up to date on the latest with fertility science. She explained everything very clearly to us and I always felt like I knew what was happening and what to expect. We had a pretty unique situation where we were doing IVF for genetic testing only as my husband and I are carriers of the same recessive gene. We also wanted the embryos to be tested for an extremely esoteric de novo mutation that our daughter was born with. Dr. Blakemore had a plan from day one for which specialized lab she wanted to use for testing and everything was seamless with them. She has a wonderful bedside manner, even during the stresses of treatment seeing her always brightened my day and I always felt she had time for any questions I had.
Dr. Blakemore is an amazing doctor who had an extremely personalized care plan from day one that yielded wonderful results for us.
We did an antagonist protocol and prepared for two retrievals since I wanted to have the option of having a number of additional children and at least 25% of any aneuploid embryos would likely inherit both of our recessive genes. The results surpassed everyone's expectations and we got 12 euploid embryos, 7 without our genetic issue. Our first transfer worked and the entire process was relatively seamless (for IVF) and I am now 14 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shenetta and Jean Ann)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
For me, NYU was a perfect choice because I knew they had an in-house genetic counselor. With Dr. Blakemore, you get the best personal care while also getting the perks of a big institution like access to a genetic counselor. We also had Progyny coverage and the other option we were considering Cornell is not covered through that.
I was lucky to have coverage through Progyny through my employer, which my understanding is covers most of this. I haven't yet received any bills but wouldn't be surprised if I had some modest co-pays.
I had no desire to have twins so never asked about this, but recall that NYU has a slide in their standard presentation about why they encourage eSET due to the many health risks of multiples.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Hodes was not overly gushy, but I felt like she cared about my prognosis. She answered questions when I had them, and made sure to follow up if something was awry...I rarely saw her, but she seemed to see my progress regardless if I was there or not...My first IUI cycle was with Clomid, but my lining was thin by the time of the procedure and it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The next IUI cycle she changed the medication to Letrozole, and the lining was better
Each individual [NYU Langone Fertility Center] (nurses and coordinators) was nice, but it was often not clear to me who to reach out to about what. From my perspective as a patient, care was not coordinated very well...The bare minimum a self-pay IVF cycle with genetic testing would be $18,815, not including medication...But a huge, HUGE down side of this organization is the billing department. I had insurance for my IUIs, and my first IVF cycle (well, 1.5 IVF cycle) I was self-pay. The clinic kept billing my insurance with incorrect codes
How was your experience with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I rarely saw her, but she seemed to see my progress regardless if I was there or not. I had a situation once where a less experienced doctor was concerned about something she saw, but Dr. Hodes called me and explained what had happened. When I saw her she was realistic, but sort of optimistic, too.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I have no special advice for a patient of Dr. Hodes specifically. The advice I have is for people using the clinic in general.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Brooke Hodes-Wertz used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My first IUI cycle was with Clomid, but my lining was thin by the time of the procedure and it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The next IUI cycle she changed the medication to Letrozole, and the lining was better. The third and final IUI cycle was the same as the second, then we switched to IVF. I started on the standard 300 Gonal F and 150 Menopur, but after a week the cycle was cancelled because I didn't have many follicles developing. The next cycle (which we started on my next period) was changed to include Clomid. I got two eggs retrieved in that cycle, and one fertilized but it was aneuploid. I took two months off and did another IVF cycle with the addition of Leuprolide. That retrieval resulted in six eggs, but none of the embryos developed enough to get tested. Dr. Hodes then recommended using an egg donor, but we decided against it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jean-Anne)
Each individual (nurses and coordinators) was nice, but it was often not clear to me who to reach out to about what. From my perspective as a patient, care was not coordinated very well.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A strength of this clinic is its size and ability to see a lot of patients. I usually didn't wait long for appointments (though I usually went very early). But a huge, HUGE down side of this organization is the billing department. I had insurance for my IUIs, and my first IVF cycle (well, 1.5 IVF cycle) I was self-pay. The clinic kept billing my insurance with incorrect codes, and to this day (April 2021) I apparently have an outstanding denied EOB pending review from my July 2020 IUI. It's ridiculous that it hasn't been settled yet, and I suspect that it is because of the clinic's billing department not filing corrections in a timely way. I so desperately want to be done with the clinic, but trying to settle all these bills has become a nightmare. Not to mention the fact that a few times I have had to remind the billing staff of payments I made and treatments I got. Sometimes money disappears from the credit I have there, and there is no explanation until I ask for one. I like to hope it's just disorganized and not sketchy...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The bare minimum a self-pay IVF cycle with genetic testing would be $18,815, not including medication. This includes the appointments, the procedures themselves, anesthesia, and embryo preservation until testing could be done. Plus the genetic test was $325 per embryo to an outside lab. My medications were almost $10,000 over 2.5 IVF cycles.
NY - Westside

Dr. Blakemore is amazing! She is compassionate, detailed oriented, keeps me updated every step of the way. We discussed realistically what our goals are and made plans accordingly. I never felt lost and always knew she had a plan two steps ahead...Dr. Blakemore and her nurse made an effort to come in early to do my morning monitoring at the NoMad office...Selective single embryo transfer, we transferred day 5 PGS tested embryo
NYU is a very busy center. They are efficient but wait times at the main center can be long in the morning. All the major procedures take place at the main facility. The staff is well coordinated and experienced. I did most of my monitoring at their NoMad office during the week and found it to be much easier. The billing office is a little challenging to get a hold off... it is also an experience facility that is outcome driven and excellent at what they do
Dr. Blakemore is amazing! She is compassionate, detailed oriented, keeps me updated every step of the way. We discussed realistically what our goals are and made plans accordingly. I never felt lost and always knew she had a plan two steps ahead. IVF is not an easy process, full of ups and downs. Somethings are just not within anyone's control, Dr. Blakemore made the process that much easier for us. I am a physician who works very early morning hours, Dr. Blakemore and her nurse made an effort to come in early to do my morning monitoring at the NoMad office. That helped me tremendously, it allowed me to get to the hospital on time and take care of my own patients.
Trust her, be realistically about your goals, and be patient. IVF is difficult road with many ups and down.
NYU is a busy facility that can be overwhelming. The upside is, it is also an experience facility that is outcome driven and excellent at what they do. I got recommendation from a friend that works at the center for Dr. Blakemore. I actually transferred care from another provider in the same practice in the middle of a retrieval process because I felt like I was getting lost in the process. The best decision I have made!
We would like to have 2 kids, so we did multiple rounds of egg retrievals to have couple of PGS tested embryos to account for rate of success with each transfer. While we got a fair number of eggs each round, not many made it day 5, and even less made it through genetic testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shenetta Walker)
We are so thankful for have met Shenetta! She is organized, she came in early to do my blood work for all of my monitoring sessions. She had everything setup before I got there at 6:30am. If I had any question, I knew I could email her and she would get back to me with answers or connect me with the right person.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It was mostly covered by insurance. Out of pocket included storage, genetic testing, and meds.
Selective single embryo transfer, we transferred day 5 PGS tested embryo.

2020, Consult
she [Dr. Brooke Hodes-Wertz] was nonjudgmental when I shared some things with her. She is truly a total package of knowledge, honesty and warm spirit...She was very honest with me given my age and findings, but she was extremely encouraging and compassionate. At one point, I got a little emotional and she stopped the consultation to ask what was coming up for me at that very moment and when I explained why I was emotional, she gave me very inspiring and encouraging words
She [medical secretary] called me the day after I requested an appointment and spoke with me for over an hour to give me information, answer any and all questions and just truly taking the time to put me at ease. I felt like I knew her forever. It was definitely the great start that I needed. She even took the time to check up on me before my appointment just to make sure I was ok. Next is Ydelis Santana, Senior Medical Assistant. On the day of my meeting with Dr. Hodes-Wertz, I also had to do a basic exam and have more blood drawn. She could tell I was nervous during my exam. Without me saying a word to her, she began giving me kind words and calming me down. I definitely appreciated her compassion in that moment. Then Kimown Peters, Coordinator. Like, Sarnia, by the end of our time together in
Dr. Hodes-Wertz was truly amazing. First and foremost, she is extremely personable. She genuinely took an interest in me before even starting the reason for the visit. Once the appointment started, she was extremely communicative and thorough about test results and how to proceed. She was very thorough in what she felt are my best options. She was very honest about everything given my age and findings while being extremely optimistic. She was also very kind and compassionate. When I became emotional at one point, she stopped the consultation to ask me what was coming up for me in that moment and when I explained, she gave me very inspiring and encouraging words. She definitely renewed my faith in becoming mother. She is truly the total package of knowledge, honesty and heart.
Just relax because you'll be in great hands with Dr. Hodes-Wertz and her entire staff.
It was my first meeting with Dr. Hodes-Wertz and I must say she was amazing. She was very honest with me given my age and findings, but she was extremely encouraging and compassionate. At one point, I got a little emotional and she stopped the consultation to ask what was coming up for me at that very moment and when I explained why I was emotional, she gave me very inspiring and encouraging words. And I super appreciate that she was nonjudgmental when I shared some things with her. She is truly a total package of knowledge, honesty and warm spirit.
This was only my first meeting with Dr. Hodes-Wertz to go over the results of my blood work and how to proceed. No treatment strategies or protocols have been administered at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sarnia Skippings and Kimown Peters)
I can't say enough amazing things about Dr. Hodes-Wertz entire staff. From the receptionists to the nurses; EVERYONE is amazing!! Firstly, Sarnia Skippings, Dr. Hodes-Wertz's Sr. Medical Secretary...such an angel. She was my first point of contact. She called me the day after I requested an appointment and spoke with me for over an hour to give me information, answer any and all questions and just truly taking the time to put me at ease. I felt like I knew her forever. It was definitely the great start that I needed. She even took the time to check up on me before my appointment just to make sure I was ok. Next is Ydelis Santana, Senior Medical Assistant. On the day of my meeting with Dr. Hodes-Wertz, I also had to do a basic exam and have more blood drawn. She could tell I was nervous during my exam. Without me saying a word to her, she began giving me kind words and calming me down. I definitely appreciated her compassion in that moment. Then Kimown Peters, Coordinator. Like, Sarnia, by the end of our time together in office after my meeting with Dr. Hodes-Wertz, I felt like I knew her forever. She was extremely kind and compassionate. I especially appreciated the laughs that we shared. She gave me a lot of information on the what to expect with the next steps and didn't make me feel pressured to make any on the spot decisions. She and Sarnia have a very keen knack for making you feel very welcomed and at ease. I came encounter with other staff members that I, unfortunately, forgot their names or didn't get their names, but every single person in Dr. Hodes-Wertz's office truly makes for a Dream Team staff.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I honestly can't think of any weaknesses. Dr. Hodes-Wertz and her staff are thorough communicators and very kind. The clinic is extremely top knotch from the space to the cleanliness to the equipment. Even the waiting area was set up for social distancing with clear markings on where to sit and not to sit. Before you can even go into the waiting area, they take your temperature with a forehead thermometer to ensure there are no fevers. Both my initial blood work appointment and my actual appointment with Dr. Hodes-Wertz were prompt; no waiting. To date, from the start, my experience has been stellar.
Anyone knows that fertility treatment is expensive. There is just no way around it. So I'm not surprised by the list of costs that were outlined for me. Given I have friends who have gone through this or similar, I walked in knowing what to expect.
NY - Westside

My treatment [with Dr. Devore] was an IUI with Clomid. I previously completed an IVF cycle at another clinic where I was on the maximum dose of meds. I was a poor responder with only one egg retrieved...Dr. Devore suggested we try the IUI and Clomid because poor responders can sometimes do well with a lighter protocol. That was the case for me and I’m currently 10 and a half weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Devore’s guidance.
I really appreciated how experienced and patient the nurses were at NYU. They took time to answer questions without making me feel rushed or silly for asking them. When I had concerns or was nervous about something, they helped me be less cowries. I also received calls back quickly. I did not have this experience at the fertility clinic where I was a patient. The nurse who did my IUI has 25 years of experience and I’m sure that contributed to the success of the procedure!
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
After a frustrating experience with another fertility clinic, we are very lucky that we found Dr. Devore. She took the time to listen to my past experiences and evaluated what would be best for my goals based on past fertility treatments. She took time to think through all options rather than prescribing one of the standard IVF protocols. I really appreciate that she took time to call me with updates and to explain processes.
Dr. Devore takes the time to evaluate your individual needs and is very thoughtful about what protocol would be best for your situation. She took time to look at my medical records and history closely and was very collaborative about determining next steps together.
My treatment was an IUI with Clomid. I previously completed an IVF cycle at another clinic where I was on the maximum dose of meds. I was a poor responder with only one egg retrieved. That egg made it to six days, but was a poor quality blastocyst. In the month I was planning to wait before another IVF cycle, Dr. Devore suggested we try the IUI and Clomid because poor responders can sometimes do well with a lighter protocol. That was the case for me and I’m currently 10 and a half weeks pregnant thanks to Dr. Devore’s guidance.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The team at NYU is collaborative and professional. The front desk staff always made me feel welcomed and supported. I think the value is good for the service compared to other clinics of a similar level.
I had to pay out of pocket for my IUI and the associated monitoring. It was about $3,000 combined. I believe the IUI alone was $500.
NY - Westside

My injection protocol did not change too much over the course of my cycle; my body responded just as Dr. DeVore had predicted and we were able to retrieve 12 eggs on the 13th day...She was very focused, articulate and compassionate in our in-person interactions. In addition to her medical pedigree and level of consummate care, I thought she was refreshingly honest and very positive and encouraging. It was a joy to work with her and her team at NYU.
At NYU, your first cycle is currently $9200 which includes the first year of cryostorage (billed at $1000/yr thereafter). Eggs are retrieved and stored onsite; they never leave the building unless you file paperwork for an elective transfer...As a patient, even if you are working with an excellent provider, you must be an advocate for yourself to ensure you are not lost in the shuffle. You will meet and speak with so many nurses, administrative professionals, billing representatives et. al. along the way and there is a bound to be at least one individual whose communication style does not align with yours or who seems a bit stressed or rushed that day. Know that you are in control and that you can always call the Main Office number to request a nurse or admin callback. Whenever I asked for clarification
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was the second endocrinologist whom I interviewed for an elective egg freezing cycle as a single woman. I wanted to take the time to research and to vet my options before embarking on an emotional and physically challenging process with a significant financial investment attached. I liked her immediately and I found her to be very grounded, refreshing and reassuring. We discussed NYU's clinical success rate of autologous live births (resulting from the donor's own eggs) and the pros and cons of other practices. She outlined the process, expectations and next steps for me with great efficiency and clarity and she fully introduced me to her Patient Coordinator and billing team for separate consultations onsite before I left so I had enough information in hand to commit to the practice. I also appreciated that Dr. DeVore is approximately my age and, as such, I felt that I was confiding in a peer who never talked down to me nor judged me. I felt such warmth and presence from her. As a patient, I felt that I had an empathetic cheerleader who was encouraging me while also expertly piloting my medical journey. On our first consultation, she accurately predicted the number of eggs which were ultimately retrieved. When I saw her for 2 of my 5 morning monitoring sessions, she was spot on with her predictions for my prescription adjustments and the days I would ultimately wind up administering my trigger shots and scheduling retrieval. Dr. DeVore continuously managed my expectations. As with any busy clinic, NYU has its share of administrative hiccups. For one of my morning monitoring sessions, the RN accidentally released me after taking bloodwork but before Dr. DeVore was able to see me for my scheduled ultrasound. By the time I had exited the elevator and was standing outside on the sidewalk , Dr. DeVore called me personally to profusely apologize for the miscommunication and to ask if I was able to pop upstairs again to meet with her. It was not a major grievance to me at all, but I appreciated that she accepted accountability and graciously apologized again in person, admitting that it was NYU's fault and not on me as the patient. Dr. DeVore is a class act!
Meet with her. You will really love her, and I hope you too benefit from her level of care, expertise and compassion.
Dr. DeVore is a dream. She was very focused, articulate and compassionate in our in-person interactions. In addition to her medical pedigree and level of consummate care, I thought she was refreshingly honest and very positive and encouraging. It was a joy to work with her and her team at NYU.
I had a pretty straightforward stims process: 300IU Follistim and 150IU Menopur daily before Ganirelix was introduced followed by Ovidrel and Lupron for the triggers. My cycle spanned 13 days which included 6 blood draws, 4 ultrasounds and a COVID-19 nasal swab test which is mandatory for all NYU procedures requiring anesthesia. My injection protocol did not change too much over the course of my cycle; my body responded just as Dr. DeVore had predicted and we were able to retrieve 12 eggs on the 13th day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kimown Peters, Patient Coordinator)
I elected to freeze my eggs during the COVID-19 quarantine in NYC which was a naturally inconvenient (and perhaps anxiety-riddled) time for all involved. This added in some complications to the process i.e. morning monitoring sessions were scheduled (not drop-in); partners and escorts were prohibited from waiting rooms; patients were required to complete COVID-19 nasal swab tests within 5 days of surgery; and patient orientation was a WebEx webinar in lieu of an in-person forum. In spite of these complications, I really enjoyed the entire NYU Langone team including Kimown Peters, my Patient Coordinator; Haley Penny, the Health Educator and licensed social worker who led a socially distant virtual patient orientation (in lieu of a more intimate and traditional in-person orientation); Jean-Ann McKiernan, the RN who explained trigger shots to me; and Taylor and Alyssa, two of the RNs at the main East side location who administered expert and personable care.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Off all of the fertility centers located in NYC, NYU Langone has the longest history and thus some of the best longitudinal data and success rates. On the recommendation of my friends who have also relied on assisted reproductive technology, I took my time to thoroughly research, vet and interview multiple practitioners and clinics. An acquaintance recommended NYU Langone to me because, like me, she went through an elective egg freezing process as a single woman (years before she met her now-husband). I appreciated that she had a positive experience as a single woman navigating the process. It may be important to note that NYU practices a "doctor of the day" rotation when it comes to morning monitoring and to surgical procedures. Dr. Devore oversaw my medical protocol and she reviewed my results daily but I met with her in person 3 times (1 consultation, 2 ultrasounds). NYU has 8 doctors on staff and I met 3 others across the NoMad satellite and East side main locations. I enjoyed all 4 of the doctors whom I met and I always felt that I was receiving expert care. NYU is a bit of a beast. As a patient, even if you are working with an excellent provider, you must be an advocate for yourself to ensure you are not lost in the shuffle. You will meet and speak with so many nurses, administrative professionals, billing representatives et. al. along the way and there is a bound to be at least one individual whose communication style does not align with yours or who seems a bit stressed or rushed that day. Know that you are in control and that you can always call the Main Office number to request a nurse or admin callback. Whenever I asked for clarification or more help, someone always passed the message along and I received a prompt callback. You are already so brave for going through this process...don't be ashamed to be assertive, too!
Under my Aetna insurance, I was largely a self-pay patient. Insurance helped to defray my initial consultation ($50 specialist copay) and bloodwork costs but the cycle, anesthesia administration and prescriptions were 100% out-of-pocket. At NYU, your first cycle is currently $9200 which includes the first year of cryostorage (billed at $1000/yr thereafter). Eggs are retrieved and stored onsite; they never leave the building unless you file paperwork for an elective transfer. Anesthesia is an additional $1050, billed separately. I applied for a ReUnite Assist discount (a simple online application) and I received a 20% discount off Follistim and Ganirelix within 24 hours. Even then, out-of-pocket, my prescriptions amounted to nearly $5700. All in, factoring some additional copays to other doctors and fees for elective genetic carrier screening testing, my total investment has been $16k+ before the cost of annual cryostorage and (perhaps) eventual IVF is factored in. It has been a significant financial investment but I am happy with the outcome and the level of care administered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
(See my above notes...I think that admin mistakes are bound to happen at a clinic of this size, but they never detrimentally impacted my treatment.)
NY - Westside

If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process...When I was her patient, I felt like I was receiving the highest quality care with the best possible bedside manner. I fully trust her and would highly recommend anyone I know to her. She advocated for me, consulted other doctors when necessary, and really thought outside the box to try and help us be successful. Everyone deserves a doctor like Dr. DeVore.
Pros [at NYU Langone Fertility Center]: great Drs like Dr. Devore and Dr. Fino; because it's smaller than other practices you have a higher likelihood of being able to see your doctor more regularly than other clinics. Cons: nurses can lack empathy, in part because they are so busy...IUI, MRI (adenomyosis), Receptiva (endometriosis)...cannot recommend Dr. DeVore highly enough. Dr. DeVore has ruined me for other doctors - she is smart, thoughtful, detailed, and incredibly caring. At each step of our journey together, I felt like I had a partner in her who was thinking about my case as much as I was - she never made me feel rushed, she answered (and anticipated) my questions and concerns, and made sure I understood all of the details - because she knew it would help put my mind at ease. If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process - Dr. DeVore is it!
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was my doctor through one of my IUI cycles. When I was her patient, I felt like I was receiving the highest quality care with the best possible bedside manner. I fully trust her and would highly recommend anyone I know to her. She advocated for me, consulted other doctors when necessary, and really thought outside the box to try and help us be successful. Everyone deserves a doctor like Dr. DeVore.
Even if you think you've explored all of the options - go see her. She'll surprise you with her ability and interest in looking at your case from all sides and with open mind, an honest opinion, and research to back it up. Really - she's wonderful.
I cannot recommend Dr. DeVore highly enough. Dr. DeVore has ruined me for other doctors - she is smart, thoughtful, detailed, and incredibly caring. At each step of our journey together, I felt like I had a partner in her who was thinking about my case as much as I was - she never made me feel rushed, she answered (and anticipated) my questions and concerns, and made sure I understood all of the details - because she knew it would help put my mind at ease. If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process - Dr. DeVore is it!
IUI, MRI (adenomyosis), Receptiva (endometriosis)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Pros: great Drs like Dr. Devore and Dr. Fino; because it's smaller than other practices you have a higher likelihood of being able to see your doctor more regularly than other clinics. Cons: nurses can lack empathy, in part because they are so busy.
We haven't done IVF with Dr. DeVore
NY - Westside

Dr. Wertz is blunt, she provides accurate information and explains things clearly, giving me options to choose. I like that. ... Dr. Wertz is direct and clear, she provides options and leaves it up to me to decide. I like it, because with unexplained infertility there is no one answer, no one solution and personal instincts and statistical numbers are the only two things to rely on. I had a polyp removal with Dr. Wertz, she mastered it perfectly. She didn't give me false illusions that this will solve my problem and it didn't.
Human error may always happen and it's normal. I rarely have to wait too long [at NYU], my insurance approval processes and billing is handled well. I had no surprises or miscommunications so far. ... The IVF coordinator I got in touch with is rarely available, never picks up and appears overwhelmed. But the good thing is that all of them have access to information and know what's going on.
Dr. Wertz is direct and clear, she provides options and leaves it up to me to decide. I like it, because with unexplained infertility there is no one answer, no one solution and personal instincts and statistical numbers are the only two things to rely on. I had a polyp removal with Dr. Wertz, she mastered it perfectly. She didn't give me false illusions that this will solve my problem and it didn't. I had 3 IUIs and, again, I new the numbers and understood that chances are not very high. Even though I did have hopes, still my heart didn't break when this didn't work. I appreciated doctor's manner and support during this time, it helped me stay strong and avoid emotional rollercoaster.
Prepare to listen and make decisions. You come to doctor for a solution, not for compassion.
I, personally, am not very sensitive or sentimental about my infertility and don't expect (and actually dislike) compassion or pity from a medical staff. I like to overcome difficulties with a sense of humor and stay realistic and optimistic. Dr. Wertz is blunt, she provides accurate information and explains things clearly, giving me options to choose. I like that.
My IVF treatment should start after the pandemic, hopefully, so I have nothing to say on that front. I did 3 IUIs and too Clomid. I responded well to it and had 2-4 eggs each cycle. I decided to cancel 4 egg cycle, even though the doctor didn't insist on cancelling. I didn't want to take the risk.
I absolutely love Dr. Wertz's assistant Sarnia. She's the best! Organized, on top of everything, just a great person and professional. Otherwise, there're a lot of nurses in a process, sometimes it seems as too much. I can't remember everyone's name and phone and duty. The IVF coordinator I got in touch with is rarely available, never picks up and appears overwhelmed. But the good thing is that all of them have access to information and know what's going on.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I didn't go through full IVF process yet, due to pandemic, but overall it seems to be organized. Human error may always happen and it's normal. I rarely have to wait too long, my insurance approval processes and billing is handled well. I had no surprises or miscommunications so far.
My insurance covered IUI and I had to pay copays for ultrasound and insemination itself, $50 each. So in total I paid $300 for 3 cycles of IUI. IVF should also be covered, however genetic screening is not covered and will cost me over $4000 (up to 10 embryos, I may get reimbursement if less than 10), plus $300 for each embryo tested in a lab. I also decided to freeze good embryos, for future use, so this will be additional $7000 or more. I won't be surprised if any other charges will come up.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have thyroid issues and a thyroid test got lost in translation somehow. As we were at the beginning of pandemic at that time, I simply ordered one from Quest Diagnostics near my house, so no big deal. The results were abnormal so I started taking my medication as usual and should be fine by the start of IVF. I consider it's a minor issue.

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Hodes was kind when she had to deliver bad news, but it was hard to get her on the phone. I felt I had to advocate for / educate myself on a lot of the procedures and ways to supplement fertility. ... 1st transfer- natural cycle- did not work. She suggested Receptiva, it was a very mild positive result so then she had me take Lupron, which made me feel extremely depressed and I would never want to take it again. My second transfer was a medicated cycle and was not successful. My next transfer has been put on hold for COVID-19, but we would have tried using baby asprin/blood thinners/mild steroids.
When I wanted to speak to a doctor [at NYU] about COVID-19 instead of calling a nurse copied and pasted a NY Times article that was not relevant. ... Some of the nurses were amazing- kind and informative. Others seemed to have no idea what I was talking about, and one even tried to tell me I didn't know what kind of cycle I was having! Really hit or miss depending on who you get
Be prepared that you won't receive a lot of attention.
It was very difficult to get a hold of Dr. Hodes. Most often, I would get a call from one of the nurses instead. Due to the number of patients they deal with it's very hard to find time.
Some of the nurses were amazing- kind and informative. Others seemed to have no idea what I was talking about, and one even tried to tell me I didn't know what kind of cycle I was having! Really hit or miss depending on who you get.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic is usually clean. They are usually organized, except during the busy times were things can get backed up. New patients coming for morning monitoring should try to arrive at 7am or even a bit before if possible. Once you get to 8am things start to get busy and there can be some bottlenecking.
I always took a cab so I would arrive by 7am on the dot in order to not have to wait so long that I would be late to work.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have requested callbacks that I never received. When I started a medicated FET cycle I called the clinic to discuss my prescriptions/insurance and a nurse insisted I was doing a natural cycle and did not need the Rx (I did). When I wanted to speak to a doctor about COVID-19 instead of calling a nurse copied and pasted a NY Times article that was not relevant.
NY - Westside
Dr. Devore knew I had already done a lot of testing that all came back norm which left us scratching our heads. She proposed a mock cycle to do a special exam to test my uterine lining for receptivity. We'll that could have been it! They found I needed 12 more hours of progesterone to be receptive...I didn't realize how bad my past IVF doctor was until I experienced how good it CAN be. She was kind and so sorry for what I had experienced and shared in my determination to get this baby...every single test result and call was given by Dr. Devore
[staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center] are strong and organized and confident and incredibly good at what they do. Every appointment was organized, while busy, what can you expect. It was clean and everyone knew you or knew what you were there for. The positivity was motivating...[nurses at NYU are] So kind, and have a pulse for what you have been and are going through....
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore listened to my journey and didn't put be in a box because I was young. She took every measure and divine timing to ensure I was looked after. I didn't realize how bad my past IVF doctor was until I experienced how good it CAN be. She was kind and so sorry for what I had experienced and shared in my determination to get this baby! She gave us the gift of life and I am so thankful.
She is amazing and just relax and enjoy and trust the experience. You are in the best hands.
NYU is a shared practice but every single test result and call was given by Dr. Devore! She even came up to say hi to me when I was waiting to do my retrieval, even though she wasn't the MD on duty. She is the kindest, warmest doctor I was so lucky to have had the pleasure to meet.
Dr. Devore knew I had already done a lot of testing that all came back norm which left us scratching our heads. She proposed a mock cycle to do a special exam to test my uterine lining for receptivity. We'll that could have been it! They found I needed 12 more hours of progesterone to be receptive. It worked!
So kind, and have a pulse for what you have been and are going through.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
No weaknesses. They are strong and organized and confident and incredibly good at what they do. Every appointment was organized, while busy, what can you expect. It was clean and everyone knew you or knew what you were there for. The positivity was motivating and I am forever grateful.
Out of pocket for special test and some genetic testing, but mostly all was covered by insurance.
Her advice was gold standard!
NY - Westside
I only met dr hodes two times but She was responsible for my protocol overall and I felt very cared for the whole time. I knew that I could call her with any questions I had. During my last visit with her she answered all of my questions with a positive and excited attitude and showed sympathy for the long journey it took for us to get there.
The entire nursing staff and patient coordinator were so responsive to my emails and phone calls...It is a big practice and the monitoring is done by the nursing staff. I didn’t see the doctor in person a lot because my case was fairly straight forward...I can’t tell you how many hours she sat on the phone with going over options. The team really goes above and beyond
Do not be afraid to ask questions and take the time to ask them. Dr hodes is there to help and is very genuine
Dr hodes always spoke to me like a peer vs talking down to me like many other doctors do
I started with menapur and gonal f 150 (I already forgot the exact dosages!). The menapur dosage seemed to stay consistent throughout when the gonal f came down to 75.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim )
The entire nursing staff and patient coordinator were so responsive to my emails and phone calls. I particularly loved Taylor. She was my favorite nurse. Sarnia is dr hodes assistant who was the BEST
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It is a big practice and the monitoring is done by the nursing staff. I didn’t see the doctor in person a lot because my case was fairly straight forward and I don’t think it required hyper care. I think if it had I would have been dr hodes more. If you are seeking genetic testing like I did Andrea bassir is AMAZING. I can’t tell you how many hours she sat on the phone with going over options. The team really goes above and beyond
Most of my fees were covered by insurance
Describe Brooke Hodes-Wertz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There really was no discussion of multiple embryo transfer since it wasn’t relevant to why I was seeking IVF treatment
2020, Unknown Success
As a single woman, this process has been full of emotional landmines, and Dr. Devore was so wonderful in helping me navigate them, always empathy and honesty. She never made me feel pushed towards any course of action, but I also knew she was invested in helping me reach my goals (and fully understood how they might be different than other womens'). She's smart and candid and funny and empathetic...Make sure you are totally clear on timelines...I was sometimes surprised by how long something would take or how quickly I would have to decide something
I thought the care coordinators [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] were very perfunctory and left out important information (like needing to have sperm in place prior to day one). The nurses were a rotating band, some better than others. Definitely recommend going to the west side office when you can, it's much calmer and less crowded, which makes you feel less like a number...I was annoyed that I never knew when to expect those calls, because if I missed them, I found it was hard to get a person on the phone when I called back
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I felt compelled to write a review because I used this site to help me find a doctor. While I'm still in the middle of my treatment, I can't recommend Dr. Devore highly enough. As a single woman, this process has been full of emotional landmines, and Dr. Devore was so wonderful in helping me navigate them, always empathy and honesty. She never made me feel pushed towards any course of action, but I also knew she was invested in helping me reach my goals (and fully understood how they might be different than other womens'). She's smart and candid and funny and empathetic. And also, while I haven't done a transfer yet, I know she has a high success rate because I studied her papers before I chose her. I feel assured that when I'm ready to get pregnant, she'll do everything in her power to make that happen for me.
Make sure you are totally clear on timelines. This is the one place where her communication fell down a bit, and I was sometimes surprised by how long something would take or how quickly I would have to decide something.
I hit it off right away with Dr. Devore and from then on, she made me feel she was invested in me, medically as well as emotionally.
I had frozen eggs before, and the drug protocol here seemed very much the same. But Dr. Devore used the information from that prior freeze to make adjustments to my trigger time to help yield the best results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim Peters was my patient coordinator)
I thought the care coordinators were very perfunctory and left out important information (like needing to have sperm in place prior to day one). The nurses were a rotating band, some better than others. Definitely recommend going to the west side office when you can, it's much calmer and less crowded, which makes you feel less like a number.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It's a big hospital system and all the annoying bureaucracy that comes with that. I hated the east side location. It was inconvenient for me but also always crowded and the retrieval rooms there felt kind of dingy and uncomfortable. Usually, you go in for monitoring in the morning and you get a call in the afternoon with updates. I was annoyed that I never knew when to expect those calls, because if I missed them, I found it was hard to get a person on the phone when I called back. Communication about drugs and insurance also generally sucked; my doctor herself actually provided the most knowledge of how to maximize my insurance benefits.
I was lucky to have great insurance coverage under Progyny, which covered almost everything.
NY - Westside

My first appointment with Dr. Hodes was when I got the results of my initial bloodwork...She bluntly told me that my chances of having a healthy live birth were pretty close to zero after showing me a few charts. I had some good things on my side though, such as a good egg reserve, so that was nice, but overall I felt overwhelmed and lonely durng that visit. It was very short and I left and cried my way to the subway. It felt a bit impersonal. Her office is on the West sideand I live in Brooklyn, so I opted to go to the office on the East side on 1st Avenue for my followups. I didn't really see her very much after that since she doesn't rotate in as often at the East side office. My experience at the 1st Ave office was lovely though. Everyone treated me with such care and respect. I ended up seeing Dr. Hodes for follow up after having surgery on my uterus, and that time she was very warm and sweet. She gave me good news about my surgery. Following that, we had a couple phone calls about what the next
The clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is large, clean, and inviting. It's definitley better to go as early as possible if you are doing your bloodwork since it can get very busy in there, but everyone is calm and sitting around reading or on their phones. The longest I've had to wait after getting there closer to the end of the time range for bloodwork is about an hour...Everyone treated me with such care and respect. I ended up seeing Dr. Hodes for follow up after having surgery on my uterus, and that time she was very warm and sweet. She gave me good news about my surgery. Following that, we had a couple phone calls about what the next cycle would entail. She was very thorough, factual, and empowered me to make my decisions as I felt appropriate.
She's blunt and gives your the facts. Who knows how many people she sees in a day, so she's not always as warm as I may have like, but she can be very warm at times too. I really appreciate her not sugar coating things for me and making sure I had the data I needed to make my decisions.
Slow down a little if you can - your patients can sense when you are in a hurry. It's a scary time for a lot of us.
My first appointment with Dr. Hodes was when I got the results of my initial bloodwork. Part of what may have impacted my experience is that my husband had to be out of town that day for work, so I went alone. She bluntly told me that my chances of having a healthy live birth were pretty close to zero after showing me a few charts. I had some good things on my side though, such as a good egg reserve, so that was nice, but overall I felt overwhelmed and lonely durng that visit. It was very short and I left and cried my way to the subway. It felt a bit impersonal. Her office is on the West sideand I live in Brooklyn, so I opted to go to the office on the East side on 1st Avenue for my followups. I didn't really see her very much after that since she doesn't rotate in as often at the East side office. My experience at the 1st Ave office was lovely though. Everyone treated me with such care and respect. I ended up seeing Dr. Hodes for follow up after having surgery on my uterus, and that time she was very warm and sweet. She gave me good news about my surgery. Following that, we had a couple phone calls about what the next cycle would entail. She was very thorough, factual, and empowered me to make my decisions as I felt appropriate.
The overal strategy was to do a round of stims, and then retreival. We were going to freeze any embryos (we decided to genetically test), and then transfer any good embryos. We used Gonal and Menapur for the stims. Everything went very well during that phase, but ultimately the goal was to get as many eggs out since my issue is poor egg quality, so it was a numbers game. Since my chances were very low to have a high quality egg, the more eggs we got, the better our chances to find that good one. I had about 17-18 follicles at the time of retreival. Our of those, 13 eggs were retrieved and 6 embryos were made. Out of those 6 empbryos, 3 made it to Day 5. Unfortunately, none came back normal from the genetic testing. I was supposed to continue cycles and then have surgery on my uterus to correct the septum. Due to my own work and travel challenges, I opted to have the surgery first and have yet to do my second cycle.
The nurses are amazing. They are so compassionate and on their "A" game. Despite having to use a message service to get in contact with them over the phone, they are great with following up in a timely manner and getting you the info you need. Love them!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
At the time I did my first cycle, there wasn't a clinic in Brooklyn, so that was a bit of extra hassle - going back and forth so often from Brooklyn to Manhattan. The clinic is large, clean, and inviting. It's definitley better to go as early as possible if you are doing your bloodwork since it can get very busy in there, but everyone is calm and sitting around reading or on their phones. The longest I've had to wait after getting there closer to the end of the time range for bloodwork is about an hour.
These were not a big deal. Imagine a large inviting room with maybe 50 chairs in a nice lounge arrangement. You get in, sign in, and wait for them to call your name.
Before insurance, around $35K. After insurance, around $5K out of pocket.
NY - Westside

Dr. Hodes is blunt but warm. She did seem to be quite rushed each time my partner and I met with her and I ended up scheduling a second consultation with her because I left my first appointment feeling overwhelmed and confused.... I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own. Dr. Hodes started our first cycle with timed intercourse and a low dose of Letrozole. I did not respond to the Letrozole at all (even when the dosage was raised) or to Clomid during out next cycle.
I would do some baseline research before attending your first appointment and come ready with a list of detailed questions.
While most of my time was spent with the nursing staff, I felt that Dr. Hodes made time to answer all of my questions -- including setting up a second consultation to make sure I was totally comfortable while deciding between IUI and IVF.
I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own. Dr. Hodes started our first cycle with timed intercourse and a low dose of Letrozole. I did not respond to the Letrozole at all (even when the dosage was raised) or to Clomid during out next cycle. At that point, Dr. Hodes recommend my partner and I move straight to IVF. I was hesitant about this choice for many reasons and after meeting with Dr. Hodes for another consultation, she agreed to let us try IUI with a very low dose of Gonal-F injectables. (Dr. Hodes kept me at a low dose due to concerns about OHSS.) I responded well to the Gonal-F and did not over produce. We completed one IUI but unfortunately the cycle was not successful. My partner and I have decided to begin IVF next month rather than trying another IUI.
The entire nursing staff at NYU is well-informed, compassionate, and efficient. They reassured me and answered all of my questions. I had many issues with my insurance coverage and offered me many tips on the best ways to save on things like lab work and medication coverage. My only complaint is that it is very difficult to get anyone on the phone during business hours.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU is a giant, well-oiled machine and it's hard not to feel like a number. That said, their lab is excellent and success rates for IVF are slightly higher here than at other clinics. I would recommend going to the location on West 52nd street as much as possible and staying away from the 1st Avenue location when you can. If you have any kind of insurance coverage it's best to read all of the billing paperwork thoroughly and keep copies of everything. I was incorrectly told that I did not have coverage hit up for $500 per visit by the head of billing even when I explained otherwise. This person told me my claims had been denied and that I didn't understand my own coverage . I found out later that she was not filing any of out claims with insurance. Eventually, I was able to get my insurance provider to send her an email explicitly stating that I was covered and my money was refunded. I want to assume that this issue was not a reflection of the institution as a whole but I did get the sense the NYU tries to make its patients pay out of pocket as much as possible.
My insurance covered my appointments until I received an official diagnosis of infertility. Blood work and ultrasound visits (which happen roughly 2 times a week) are $500 and out IUI was close to $4,500 including medications, monitoring, and the actual procedure
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nurses failed to give me information regarding a specific drug protocol via phone despite numerous attempts by me to get in touch. Eventually we were able to remedy the issue.
NY - Westside
She [Dr. Hodes-Wertz] was extremely knowledgeable and kind. I felt like she meant business- she presented my options and was blunt and honest but not rude or mean. As someone with a larger BMI she never mentioned my weight as an issue and looked for actual causes of my issues...I took clomid, then had some ultrasounds and when a follicle matured they gave me the ovulation trigger injection ovidrel
That clinic apparently only does single from what she informed me at the time of my consult...This [NYU Langone Fertility Center] clinic is like a factory but I feel like they really know what they are doing and are experienced. I was not expecting a small town feel, but each time I walked in I was greeted by friendly staff. Each person I interacted with was kind and wanting to help. Their outcomes also speak for themselves.
She was extremely knowledgeable and kind. I felt like she meant business- she presented my options and was blunt and honest but not rude or mean. As someone with a larger BMI she never mentioned my weight as an issue and looked for actual causes of my issues.
As with any provider, read up on your options first so you can be prepared to ask questions.
This is certainly a busy clinic however they are efficient. I saw Dr Hodes each time and I felt like she knew what was going on with me.
We got pregnant with our first IUI. I was on the last day of my period during the consultation, so taking that into consideration she started treatment with me that day since I agreed. I took clomid, then had some ultrasounds and when a follicle matured they gave me the ovulation trigger injection ovidrel. I then went back for bloodwork 2 weeks later and was called that day with positive news. I did bloodwork 6 days after that to check Hcg and an ultrasound with Dr Hodes where we heard the heartbeat 2 weeks later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Audrey)
I worked with Audrey- she actually did my IUI and she was wonderful. Super knowledgeable. I had issues w getting insurance approval of ovidrel and she helped immediately. She also called me 3 hours after I had blood drawn to give me my results.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This clinic is like a factory but I feel like they really know what they are doing and are experienced. I was not expecting a small town feel, but each time I walked in I was greeted by friendly staff. Each person I interacted with was kind and wanting to help. Their outcomes also speak for themselves.
My IUI and all meds were covered by my insurance plan- my plan covers up to $20,000 of fertility treatments per lifetime.
NY - Westside

Dr. Hodes treated me like a human and also like a friend. ... With Doctor Hodes I finally feel that I can drop my guard and trust the advice that I'm getting. She is compassionate, smart, patient, communicative and understands the importance of fertility treatment. ... There are two offices and several doctors but she always made it convenient for me to see her when important. She called me back when I had questions and spent extra time explaining things as needed. I felt so comfortable working with Dr.Hodes and will miss being under her care.
It's very busy and there are a lot of doctors and nurses but I have had a positive experience with each and every one. I never waited more than 5 minutes and I always receive a call or email back within 2 hours. ... NYU as a practice prefers eSET vs. multiple embryo. ... All of the nurses were amazing as they were very friendly and educational. I specifically spoke to Andrea almost every time and she was a fresh breath of air.
With Doctor Hodes I finally feel that I can drop my guard and trust the advice that I'm getting. She is compassionate, smart, patient, communicative and understands the importance of fertility treatment. She's a great doctor and I felt so comfortable and safe under her care.
Ask as many questions as you have ---she will make time for you and answer them. I always felt bad taking her time during my morning monitoring appointments as she had dozens of patients to see but she always insisted that I asked all my questions as she'd rather answer them in person.
Dr. Hodes treated me like a human and also like a friend. She shared personal information that was relatable and helped me feel comfortable under her care. There are two offices and several doctors but she always made it convenient for me to see her when important. She called me back when I had questions and spent extra time explaining things as needed. I felt so comfortable working with Dr.Hodes and will miss being under her care.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I don't have anything negative to say about this clinic. It's very busy and there are a lot of doctors and nurses but I have had a positive experience with each and every one. I never waited more than 5 minutes and I always receive a call or email back within 2 hours.
$14,500 for ER/Fresh Transfer ICSI + monitoring $1500 for embryo freezing $3600 + fees for PGS testing $2-8K for meds
NYU as a practice prefers eSET vs. multiple embryo. I asked Dr. Hodes on her opinion and she was very honest and explained the rationale behind it which is ultimately for the patient to give birth to a healthy baby. With multiple embryo transfer the pregnancy is at higher risk and does not increase the chances of a live birth. I know that the clinic would consider multiple embryo transfers depending on the patients prognosis and history but they treat that case by case. Dr. Hodes also went through IVF and had twins and she shared that information with me explaining how much harder her pregnancy and postpartum was with the twins vs. singleton. I really appreciate her honesty and sharing her own personal experience . Going through fertility could be lonely and having a doctor that understands not only the medical part but emotional is very helpful and beneficial to fertility treatment.
NY - Westside

Produced 8 follicles, 5 mature [with Dr. Hodes-Wertz]. Fantastic results for someone with amh of .008...suggested we do pgs testing due to high FSH (when first tested 16 but then dropped) she said it was the best option for us since we were running out of time. Since all embryos will be PGS tested, NYU supports single embryo transfer...was very honest on our first meeting. I was expecting her to turn me down with my numbers but she explained age is the underlying factor and we still had a chance. She did express that we were quickly running out of time and needed to jump straight to IVF.
NYU made me feel like a person to the best of their ability. The west side is a smaller office...All the of the nurses I dealt with were genuially happy to see my cycle progressing well... The nurses line is an answering service, you leave a message and they get back to you same day. They are friendly when coming in for appointments. On the day of retrieval everyone was very positive. It gave a good feeling.
Dr. Hodes was very honest on our first meeting. I was expecting her to turn me down with my numbers but she explained age is the underlying factor and we still had a chance. She did express that we were quickly running out of time and needed to jump straight to IVF. I was not immediately made aware that I should try and bank eggs.... I found this out at a later appointment. To which she also said I’d probably need a few cycles until we were successful. She gave honest expectations but was never hard about it. I feel she truly cares for the success of my cycle and was excited when we started. I was lucky to see her for all of my week day appointments and she even did my egg retrieval. After receiving the results from genetic testing I requested a call with her in which I heard back in 2 hours. She assured me I can set up a call whenever I need to answer any questions.
Ask as many questions as you’d like. She will answer them all. But also do some research on your own so you have questions to ask. She is the expert, use her !
The entire process of IVF has to be somewhat assembly line like or it would never work with the amount of patients. NYU made me feel like a person to the best of their ability. The west side is a smaller office. Dr. Hodes secretary always answered my emails in a timely fashion. She knew who I was everytime I walked in. All the of the nurses I dealt with were genuially happy to see my cycle progressing well.
150 menupur 300 gonal Ovidrel to suppress Lupron trigger shot (2 to trigger) Everyday this was the protocol there was no adjustments. Produced 8 follicles, 5 mature. Fantastic results for someone with amh of .008
The nursing staff is very knowledgeable when calling with questions. The nurses line is an answering service, you leave a message and they get back to you same day. They are friendly when coming in for appointments. On the day of retrieval everyone was very positive. It gave a good feeling.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Make sure you educate yourself. The more you know the more you can ask and understand what you can be doing to help in anyway. Google can be scary but it can also can be used to educate and ask. The lab closes twice a year end of July and beginning of December. This was really upsetting as no one told me this and I had my consult beginning of July. I found out when the coordinator called to schedule tests and classes...I have short cycles and missed two cycles due to the closure. Between end of August and December is only 4 cycles. For someone with “not a lot of time” this was devastating. But you have to learn to just roll with it- ivf is a long hard journey, any thing can get thrown off any day.
Covered by insurance. Out of pocket $3,600 PGS testing
Dr. Hodes suggested we do pgs testing due to high FSH (when first tested 16 but then dropped) she said it was the best option for us since we were running out of time. Since all embryos will be PGS tested, NYU supports single embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
After egg retrieval I was told the incorrect number of eggs that matured/attempted to fertilize. Partner had to give 2 semen samples day of retrieval. First one was extremely low, there is no explanation why.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I also somewhat felt like a lot of her [Dr. Hodes-Wertz] recommendations were a shot in the dark guess rather than specific to me and my needs. She also hasn't followed up with me in months...From day one she wanted me to do IVF. However after my persistence, She put me on clomid for an IUI and it sped up my cycle too quickly and I missed the iui opportunity...She's very quick and always feels like she's in a hurry during appointments.
[NYU] There are many nurses and they all seem somewhat confused and overworked. The issue is their phone system. You can't call anyone directly. You have to always leave a message and they call you back. I really dislike this...Once they forgot to call in my trigger shot prescription and it arrived late....Biggest issue is you can't get anyone on the phone...I felt like just a number in all honesty...
I felt like she had hesitation when I asked if any of the fertility treatments were linked to causing cancer. Once she told me no, other times she would say "well you wouldn't want to do 10 cycles"! And it left me feeling very uneasy and unclear. I also somewhat felt like a lot of her recommendations were a shot in the dark guess rather than specific to me and my needs. She also hasn't followed up with me in months. I feel like she only wants to push IVF because it's most profitable for her. Another reason why I felt like just a number in all honesty.
Ask questions and demand clear answers. She has a way of talking in circles. She wants to tell you what she wants to tell you. Not necessarily what you want to know.
I feel like a number because she doesn't call me to check in and see how I'm doing. She's very quick and always feels like she's in a hurry during appointments.
From day one she wanted me to do IVF. However after my persistence, She put me on clomid for an IUI and it sped up my cycle too quickly and I missed the iui opportunity (because I ovulated on like day 5!). So we lost 2 months because of this. Then she switched me to letrizole which made my cycle a normal 30 days but still no luck with the iui.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Biggest issue is you can't get anyone on the phone. They have an answering service where you leave a message and they call you back at their leisure and what's convenient for them. I'm sorry, but for the money they make they could hire an actual receptionist that works for the doctor.
Co pay only at this time. Insurance covered everything else.
She is pushy for just implanting 1 embryo at a time. She herself has twins (from doing IVF) so I can only assume it's because she wants the potential for more money. However I was told I would have final say and could implant a max of 2 embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Once they forgot to call in my trigger shot prescription and it arrived late.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I liked her [Dr. Hodes-Wertz] because she doesn't show any emotion. She tell you what she thinks right directly. But I felt that she didn't give me numerous options. "It's only one thing that you should do is this" something like that....She pretty much gives you straightforward answer. There is no hesitation....If you want just get to the business without emotional support then she is right for you.... she is good person but not friendly person
There is many nurses and workers at facility [NYU - W 52nd]. They won't remember you. They do their part. So you just show and tell your problems and they will try to fix them. There is no comfort or friendly atmosphere. If you don't want close relationship with doctor or nurse and just focusing on issues, this clinic is the best for you....There were nurses that I see at visit. But I don't know them well and they don't know me well either.
I liked her because she doesn't show any emotion. She tell you what she thinks right directly. But I felt that she didn't give me numerous options. "It's only one thing that you should do is this" something like that. She is not bad person, she is good person but not friendly person. She tells me what's happening and what's going to happen to me without comfort. If you want just get to the business without emotional support then she is right for you.
I believe she is experienced doctor with knowledge. But you have to ask her. She is not gonna tell you 1 to 10. I think you should write down what you want to ask before visit. She is not gonna tell you extra info unless you ask.
I don't say it's her fault. But Because of big fertility center like NYU, I didn't feel connected with doctor. She pretty much gives you straightforward answer. There is no hesitation.
She told me I might have PCOS. But not quite sure. I've tried letrozole 2.5mg for first IUI. Then increased dose to 7.5mg at 4th IUI till 6th. I 've tried clomid one time. I have unexplained infertility. So her strategy was normal treatment that increase dose of letrozole.
There were nurses that I see at visit. But I don't know them well and they don't know me well either. Most of them are well trained nurses. But because there are so many patients. Again they are doing their best. But you feel like you are on assembly line.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There is many nurses and workers at facility. They won't remember you. They do their part. So you just show and tell your problems and they will try to fix them. There is no comfort or friendly atmosphere. If you don't want close relationship with doctor or nurse and just focusing on issues, this clinic is the best for you.
It's NYU. I think it was expensive. But most of insurance will cover. Website of NYU says The self-pay fee for an initial consultation with physician is approximately $500. The cost of an IVF cycle using fresh eggs, without genetic testing, starts at $12,650.
I was not there yet. But I think she would transfer one or two embryos. She didn't want me to have multiple babies.