NY - 1st Ave
660 1st Avenue
109 West 27th St

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
She [Dr Hodes-Wertz] was very sweet and caring. When I had a miscarriage, she called to find out how I was feeling. She was very responsive when I reached out to her and very excited with my positive pregnancy test....I have had a few occasions when they [the staff at NYU Fertility] said that they would call meds into a pharmacy and the pharmacy never got the voicemail....You do feel a bit like a number in a factory. However, I wonder if this may be true for every fertility clinic. When I wanted personal attention, I asked for it and got it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She was very sweet and caring. When I had a miscarriage, she called to find out how I was feeling. She was very responsive when I reached out to her and very excited with my positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Around $500 for ovulation induction. IVF is likely to cost a whole lot more though
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have had a few occasions when they said that they would call meds into a pharmacy and the pharmacy never got the voicemail.
Brooke Hodes-Wertz

2021, Consult
Dr. Blakemore explained all of this information to me bluntly and honestly but gently...recommended I did not try anything but the old-fashioned way, and then return to her if that didn’t work out. Luckily for me, my partner and I conceived spontaneously. Dr. Blakemore directed me down the path that made her zero profit, because she cares about her patients and their needs....
All the staff at NYU Langone Fertility Clinic was warm, helpful, patient and communicative...Dr. Blakemore recommended I did not try anything but the old-fashioned way, and then return to her if that didn’t work out. Luckily for me, my partner and I conceived spontaneously. Dr. Blakemore directed me down the path that made her zero profit, because she cares about her patients and their needs.
How was your experience with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Blakemore is a wonderful physician and person. I had an unusual fertility journey. Wanting to check in on my fertility, I was referred to Dr. Blakemore by a relative. I found out that I have a very low AMH level for my age, a high FSH, and a blocked Fallopian tube. Dr. Blakemore explained all of this information to me bluntly and honestly but gently, and told me not to worry yet as I was still young and healthy. Finding out this information, I was extremely nervous as I have always really wanted to be a mother. I asked if I should freeze eggs for future children or go through treatments. I would have gone through any process suggested, but Dr. Blakemore recommended I did not try anything but the old-fashioned way, and then return to her if that didn’t work out. Luckily for me, my partner and I conceived spontaneously. Dr. Blakemore directed me down the path that made her zero profit, because she cares about her patients and their needs. I know for a fact she treats patients on a case-by-case basis as my referring relative froze eggs with Dr. Blakemore, whereas I was advised not to due to my DOR and low AMH. I highly recommend this doctor!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Trust Dr. Blakemore’s judgment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
All the staff at NYU Langone Fertility Clinic was warm, helpful, patient and communicative. I learned a lot about my personal fertility from my consultations with them. I would highly recommend this clinic.
NY - Westside

Dr. Blakemore exceeded our expectations, and went above and beyond to show us how strong and far we can really get. She thinks of new/different plans that other's don't think of and is so compassionate...She is extremely organized and detail oriented. she is available when you need her and you can tell she loves helping people.
The staff [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] cares about you, and you don't get treated like a number...The only slight weakness I would say is billing. This clinic has lots of Strengths. They are clean, organized, and available always. They have lovely staff members, doctors, and nurses....[nurse] made us feel confident on how to do things and get through our treatment.
As an infertility patient, you end up going through so much, whether it is surgery, testing, multiple cycles, multiple pregnancy failures/losses. Dr. Blakemore exceeded our expectations, and went above and beyond to show us how strong and far we can really get. She thinks of new/different plans that other's don't think of and is so compassionate. She is the sweetest doctor and the fertility world is extremely blessed to have her in their world. She is extremely organized and detail oriented. she is available when you need her and you can tell she loves helping people.
Be patient, Trust her judgment and recommendations. Always ask whatever questions you have. She is extremely patient and understanding and no question is a stupid question. She is the smartest doctor I have ever met.
Dr. Blakemore shows her genuine care in you, and your treatment. You can easily see how much effort and time she puts into her patients. She was so amazing to me and my husband and made us feel totally confident and important in every way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary Hartpence)
Mary Hartpence is one of the most kindest, sweetest nurses I have ever encountered. She guides you every step of the way and completely made us feel confident on how to do things and get through our treatment. She is extremely patient, and caring.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The only slight weakness I would say is billing. This clinic has lots of Strengths. They are clean, organized, and available always. They have lovely staff members, doctors, and nurses. The staff cares about you, and you don't get treated like a number. They have excellent outcomes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I had coverage through my insurance, with minimally cost of co-payments/co-insurance
Describe Jennifer Blakemore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr. Blakemore was very careful about transferring multiple embryos and cared about the safety and outcome of my transfer. We both agreed eSET was the best route for me.
2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Hodes-Wertz is amazing and I recommend her whole-heartedly. She has a great bedside manner and makes you feel like a human. She goes above and beyond to deliver quality care. We had done 3 IUIs and 1 retrieval and are about to do 1 Transfer with her...[she] is an excellent doctor who explains things well and provides a personal touch..
The [NYU Langone Fertility Center] clinic is TERRIBLE at billing. They consistently do not use your insurance information and send you large bills they expect you to pay out of pocket and then hound you to pay those bills. You have to call them during the small window of time they are open and get them to remember that you have insurance and to re-submit the bill. They will fight you on this every step of the way and make live very painful. Eventually it will get sorted and be fine but billing is the worst thing about working with NYU.
How was your experience with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She is great and you will love her.
Dr. Hodes-Wertz is an excellent doctor who explains things well and provides a personal touch.
Describe the protocols Brooke Hodes-Wertz used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
She recommended IUIs and then moving to IVF.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic is TERRIBLE at billing. They consistently do not use your insurance information and send you large bills they expect you to pay out of pocket and then hound you to pay those bills. You have to call them during the small window of time they are open and get them to remember that you have insurance and to re-submit the bill. They will fight you on this every step of the way and make live very painful. Eventually it will get sorted and be fine but billing is the worst thing about working with NYU.
3 IUIs, IVF, PGT-A Testing
Describe Brooke Hodes-Wertz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
1 embryo at a time.
Brooke Hodes-Wertz

2020 - 2021, Successful
This was the single best experience I've ever had with a medical provider of any kind. This was also the hardest experience of my life. As a non-binary queer person, I have a lot of feelings about reproduction (and a lot of doubts). Dr. Blakemore made it easy to come to the office (I almost looked forward to it)...really listened to me...never mis-gendered me, never made my wife feel less than, and honored our non-traditional family structure (using a known donor for at-home insemination).
Overall, the staff at NYU could use a training on pronouns (though Dr. Blakemore was exceptional)...For important medical issues, we got immediate calls back and they were very communicative. For insurance reimbursement and second parent adoption paperwork later on, we struggled to get in touch...Basically, no one would respond to us once we were pregnant.
This was the single best experience I've ever had with a medical provider of any kind. This was also the hardest experience of my life. As a non-binary queer person, I have a lot of feelings about reproduction (and a lot of doubts). Dr. Blakemore made it easy to come to the office (I almost looked forward to it). She really listened to me and never second guessed my hunches about my body (which turned out to be accurate). Dr. Blakemore never mis-gendered me, never made my wife feel less than, and honored our non-traditional family structure (using a known donor for at-home insemination). She leveled with us honestly about our chances but also kept us feeling hopeful. We followed her advice and treatment plan, including having a hysteroscopy and using Letrozole at home for two cycles. Two months later, I was pregnant and went on to deliver a healthy baby (Jan 2022). When we had to go see an OBGYN for my pregnancy, we actively missed Dr. Blakemore and felt that it was basically impossible to match her level of care and cultural sensitivity.
Ask anything you want and share your fears. If you have hunches about your body, share them. Dr. Blakemore will not judge, she'll listen, and she'll address your questions/fears/doubts extremely thoroughly.
Dr. Blakemore is extremely thorough and caring. At our first session, she spent over an hour with my partner and I just explaining reproductive systems (with a slide deck of over 70 slides). Along the way, she answered every medical question, called on her day off, validated our emotions, and treated us like we were her most important priority (when I knew she had many many patients to see). She also treated my wife (the non-gestational partner) with so much love and care. I am non-binary and have some past medical trauma so she was extremely careful with me and made me feel super safe--always being the one to scan me and assuring me she would perform the surgery I later needed (and no one else would even touch me).
Describe the protocols Jennifer Blakemore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did a few cycles of at home insemination with a known donor. We realized that our donor had a low sperm count after speaking with Dr. Blakemore about the consistency of the sperm and sending the donor for testing. We then switched known donors at the advice of Dr. Blakemore. I later suspected there was something wrong with my reproductive system after several failed attempts (even though I was ovulating normally) so we did an HSG and found uterine adhesions. I had a hysteroscopy and did two cycles of at-home insemination with Letrozole to help out. I got pregnant on the second cycle and delivered a healthy baby in January 2022.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I am not sure about the nursing staff as we didn't often interact with nurses (a few blood draws maybe?). For important medical issues, we got immediate calls back and they were very communicative. For insurance reimbursement and second parent adoption paperwork later on, we struggled to get in touch. Some of the nurses and billers were not as good with my gender pronouns as Dr. Blakemore.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Clinic was pretty busy for blood work and monitoring on the East side so there was often a wait and it was crowded (even during COVID-19). Overall, the staff at NYU could use a training on pronouns (though Dr. Blakemore was exceptional). For billing reimbursement and other paperwork, it was a little hard to get in touch. But, overall, the experience was wonderful.
We spent a few thousand dollars on freezing sperm and then a few hundred on co-pays and medications (or maybe like a grand?). Some of our expenses related to the sperm freezing were reimbursable through my wife's union but we never got the paperwork we needed from the clinic. We had to get her office to change the policy (which was months and months of advocacy) because we couldn't get what we needed from NYU. Basically, no one would respond to us once we were pregnant.
Not applicable.

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Blakemore] was so prepared with data, a PowerPoint presentation and ready for all my questions. I was looking for a more aggressive action plan for my next FET and she offered me multiple options and we weighed the pro’s and con’s together. I never felt rushed throughout my entire appointment and really felt like she was listening to all my concerns and addressed each one. She also gave me ample time for questions...
communication with the team [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] was thorough and timely, always heard back from the team when I left a message, I felt like the team was always updated with my latest results and were great in making sure I understood my instructions...wait time can be long especially during peak hours and weekends, had multiple billing issues that I had to keep following up with...
I first went to see Dr. Blakemore for a consultation since I had failed 3 FET’s in the past already. She was so prepared with data, a PowerPoint presentation and ready for all my questions. I was looking for a more aggressive action plan for my next FET and she offered me multiple options and we weighed the pro’s and con’s together. I never felt rushed throughout my entire appointment and really felt like she was listening to all my concerns and addressed each one. She also gave me ample time for questions.
Write down all your questions so you don’t forget it because she gives a lot of information
She addressed my concerns and how I was feeling. When I lost hope she knew I needed support and focused less on the clinical stuff. She gave me examples from her friends who had gone through this and she always checked in with me just to see how I was feeling and doing
1st protocol included an extra day of progesterone since that’s what my ERA biopsy results came back with. My second protocol included lovenox and prednisone after 2 months of lupron depot since I was diagnosed surgically with endometriosis. My third protocol included letrozole in the beginning and letting my body naturally ovulate.
Other than 1 hiccup, due to staffing shortage because of weather, the team was thorough and kept me informed in a timely manner on my results and any changes to my medication regimen. They were also great with calling prior to procedure days with thorough instructions.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Strengths: the doctors were great, communication with the team was thorough and timely, always heard back from the team when I left a message, I felt like the team was always updated with my latest results and were great in making sure I understood my instructions Weaknesses: wait time can be long especially during peak hours and weekends, had multiple billing issues that I had to keep following up with
I didn’t have to pay any co-pays and most of my prescriptions went to a pharmacy my insurance company allowed. Most costs were associated with medication co-insurances. My insurance covered my egg retrieval, anesthesia, and FET’s.
I always wanted to transfer multiple since my husband and I were accepting of the risk for multiples but I only had 5 frozen embryos so we started off with 1 for my first FET and then agreed on 2 for the second and third. Made sense because we didn’t want to run out and towards the end, I didn’t know if I wanted any left over.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore was one of the kindest doctors I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. I was always greeted with a smile, she remembered our fertility history without having to be reminded and I appreciated how she was very honest about the realities of the outcome while still being optimistic. It made us hopeful but grounded in our expectations...
The staff [at NYU Langone] can and will answer any questions you have quickly. I was never made to feel like I was asking a dumb question or was being to needy. Once the process starts, it’s fast! It’s good to use the support of the staff...Everyone I dealt with in the facility was extremely professional as well as friendly...
Jennifer Blakemore was kind, compassionate and honest. She made me feel comfortable in every aspect of my treatment and helped me to feel positive and calm when I began stressing about my pregnancy in the early stages after it was confirmed. I would recommend her to anyone hoping to conceive.
Trust that she will be honest with you about the reality of the fertility process, while still remaining very positive. That smile and bubbly demeanor isn’t an act, it’s genuine!
Prior to the egg retrieval, I did what was considered the standard amount and dosage of shots for several weeks. Despite having a low egg reserve, we were able to retrieve 7 eggs, 3 of which were viable embryos after genetic testing. After my confirmed pregnancy, I started on progesterone shots and a suppository of endometrin. My body reacted poorly to the endometrin and I had some bleeding after a few weeks. Dr. Blakemore quickly adjusted my medication so I no longer had to take the suppository and instead took a progesterone shot daily as opposed to every other day. This immediately stopped the bleeding and my pregnancy progressed perfectly after that.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A new patient may want to know that while the process seems daunting at first, don’t be afraid to ask questions. The staff can and will answer any questions you have quickly. I was never made to feel like I was asking a dumb question or was being to needy. Once the process starts, it’s fast! It’s good to use the support of the staff
I was fortunate enough to have a large amount of the fertility costs covered under my insurance. We paid in full for the genetic testing (which was by choice, and not required) and paid a partial cost of some of the necessary medications.
I understood my age to be a factor in using one embryo instead of multiple. Pregnancy with multiples can be more risky and I think it was the right decision.
NY - Westside

Dr. Blakemore made every step of the egg retrieval, embryo creation, testing, transfer and monitoring a breeze. Dr. Blakemore takes time to explain every step of the process, ensuring I understood and answering my questions. She makes herself available to answer questions that pop up outside of visits (as they definitely will). I felt that every step of the way I was under top quality medical care and really understood the process...has a level of kindness, compassion and approachability that you don't always find in a doctor and that is really important for your fertility specialist as this entire process can be so high pressure and stressful.
The nursing staff, care coordinators, and financial advisors [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] are the picture of professionalism. They are organized, responsive, and proactive. At all times, I felt like my needs to being taken care of by competent people. In addition, they were exceptionally kind and warm...I was always greeted with a smile, and after the first visit, by name. Phone calls were always prompted answered and/or returned...
Dr. Blakemore made every step of the egg retrieval, embryo creation, testing, transfer and monitoring a breeze. Dr. Blakemore takes time to explain every step of the process, ensuring I understood and answering my questions. She makes herself available to answer questions that pop up outside of visits (as they definitely will). I felt that every step of the way I was under top quality medical care and really understood the process. But beyond that, Dr. Blakemore has a level of kindness, compassion and approachability that you don't always find in a doctor and that is really important for your fertility specialist as this entire process can be so high pressure and stressful.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Blakemore expects them, she wants you to understand and she has a communication skill level that is above and beyond!
Dr. Blakemore, and the entire staff at NYU Fertility Center, were always warm and caring. I was always greeted with a smile, and after the first visit, by name. Phone calls were always prompted answered and/or returned. I always felt like Dr. Blakemore took the time I needed to answer my questions and reassure my concerns. She was always willing to go the extra mile to help me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shanetta and Kimown)
The nursing staff, care coordinators, and financial advisors are the picture of professionalism. They are organized, responsive, and proactive. At all times, I felt like my needs to being taken care of by competent people. In addition, they were exceptionally kind and warm! For each clinic visit, I practically felt like I was visiting friends!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The staff of the clinic is warm, thoughtful and professional from top to bottom. The clinic is beautifully designed, clean and comfortable. My treatments occurred during the COVID pandemic, and I felt like all necessary precautions were made for my safety and the safety of other patients and staff.
I had out of pocket costs for all services and medications as my insurance covered almost nothing.
My doctor preferred a single embryo transfer. As it was explained to me, the transfer of multiple embryos didn't seem to increase your chance at a live birth, rather just your changes at multiples. I believe the clinic will allow multiple transfers, but it takes some extra counseling and was not something I was interested in pursuing.
2020, 18 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Blakemore] was very attentive and thorough with her explanations and procedures...she made me feel comfortable and safe throughout the process by making herself always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. It was so clear that she is passionate about her work and she cares about her patients...She really means it when she says, "You can always ask me any questions". She will give you very thoughtful and comprehensive answers and you will feel so much better.
I knew that NYU Fertility Clinic was a lot more expensive than other clinics in the city but it was worth it...In spite of the large number of patients they see everyday, all of the nursing staffs treated me like a human, not like a number. They were thorough and compassionate...My primary location was the west side clinic and I was amazed how beautiful the clinic was! Since I had to visit the clinic every morning, it made a big difference. The wait time was also significantly less than the east side location
She was the best doctor I ever had! It was by luck that I found her and I feel extremely fortunate that I had her as my doctor for my treatment. From the moment I stepped into her office, she made me feel very comfortable and I knew I was making the right decision to have my treatment at her clinic. Her passion for her work and genuine compassion for her patients are evident and that makes a world of difference for patients.
Don't hesitate to ask her any questions or reach out to her about your concerns during the procedure. She really means it when she says, "You can always ask me any questions". She will give you very thoughtful and comprehensive answers and you will feel so much better.
She was very attentive and thorough with her explanations and procedures. Since it was my first time going through a fertility treatment, I did not know what to expect but she made me feel comfortable and safe throughout the process by making herself always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. It was so clear that she is passionate about her work and she cares about her patients. That made a huge difference.
In spite of the large number of patients they see everyday, all of the nursing staffs treated me like a human, not like a number. They were thorough and compassionate. I absolutely loved them!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My primary location was the west side clinic and I was amazed how beautiful the clinic was! Since I had to visit the clinic every morning, it made a big difference. The wait time was also significantly less than the east side location.
NY - Westside
Dr. Blakemore is an excellent provider. She is sweet, personable, and most importantly knowledgeable on academic literature. She also informed me about newer medical procedures that were outside of the scope of her care. She is passionate and thorough in her testing, evaluations, and recommendations...a kind, professional, and compassionate doctor. She always took the time to follow-up via phone or e-mail in a timely manner...never be afraid to ask challenging questions. She is such a patient and knowledgeable provider
A primary strength of the clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is the schedule; the clinic has Saturday and early morning appointments. One weakness is that the phone line is always busy, but that is minor. A new patient should know that clinic is busy but very efficient, and they are great at following up with all their patients and accommodating your schedule...The nursing team was knowledgeable, efficient, and communicated in a timely manner
For any prospective patients of Dr. Blakemore, never be afraid to ask challenging questions. She is such a patient and knowledgeable provider.
Dr. Blakemore is a kind, professional, and compassionate doctor. She always took the time to follow-up via phone or e-mail in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carol)
The nursing team was knowledgeable, efficient, and communicated in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A primary strength of the clinic is the schedule; the clinic has Saturday and early morning appointments. One weakness is that the phone line is always busy, but that is minor. A new patient should know that clinic is busy but very efficient, and they are great at following up with all their patients and accommodating your schedule.
I had very little out of pocket cost associated with my care under Dr. Blakemore.
NY - Westside

Dr Blakemore went out of her way for my me and my partner. She was available at ever step of the process, even on her days off or in a different clinic. Dr Blakemore made us feel prepared and confident in our decision to through with the fertility treatment and we both feel extremely fortunate to have her as our doctor and in our corner...Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, she is very kind and takes the time to treat you like a person, understand exactly how you feel, educate you on each step of the way and go out of her way to make you feel comfortable and normal, which is often hard to do during any fertility process
[protocol at NYU Langone Fertility Center] I went off of my birth control for 1 month and then did 12 days of prescribed shots and had the treatment on day 13. Everything was better than expected and the results are through the roof. I will not have to go through another cycle given the success of this one...I trust Dr Blakemore and her decision to work with these nurses at this clinic. Everything was seamless and I see what lead her to NYU Fertility. I'd happily refer my closest friends. No weaknesses to note....
I have referred Dr Blakemore to my best friend! Dr Blakemore went out of her way for my me and my partner. She was available at ever step of the process, even on her days off or in a different clinic. Dr Blakemore made us feel prepared and confident in our decision to through with the fertility treatment and we both feel extremely fortunate to have her as our doctor and in our corner. I couldn't have asked for a more or better experience or outcome. I am sad to not have our daily interactions now that we are done with everything but couldn't be more grateful.
Don't look any further. Dr Blakemore is the absolute best.
Dr Blakemore is the absolute best. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, she is very kind and takes the time to treat you like a person, understand exactly how you feel, educate you on each step of the way and go out of her way to make you feel comfortable and normal, which is often hard to do during any fertility process. I would not have wanted (and frankly don't think I could have) done this with anyone else by my side.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Insurance covered one round; we covered half of the medications and the genetic testing.