660 1st Avenue
109 West 27th St

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Hodes took time to call me after hours or on the weekend when necessary...She adjusted the dosage of medicine throughout my cycle and I was able to see her for monitoring two - three times for each retrieval. She clearly individualized my treatment and took what she learned from my first retrieval to make additional adjustments for the second retrieval...She also took steps to avoid OHSS for me despite having a high estrogen level at trigger...
Despite it being high volume [at NYU Langone Fertility Center], the protocol used was tailored to me and Dr. Hodes was personable. Another strength for us was having a genetics counselor and urologist affiliated with the clinic (they both are helpful, informative, and kind). There were some weaknesses. At times, NYU was inflexible, which resulted in unfortunate delays in getting IVF started for us...All of the nurses were helpful throughout the process. However, sometimes they gave differing advice from each other and from what Dr. Hodes said...
How was your experience with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Hodes coordinated well with other specialists when necessary. I underwent two egg retrievals under her care. She adjusted the dosage of medicine throughout my cycle and I was able to see her for monitoring two - three times for each retrieval. She clearly individualized my treatment and took what she learned from my first retrieval to make additional adjustments for the second retrieval. My second retrieval was much more successful due to her careful monitoring and experience. She also took steps to avoid OHSS for me despite having a high estrogen level at trigger.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
You are in great hands under her care. She will take time to answer your questions so be sure to ask them as she is an expert. Her answers can differ from the nurses so it is good to double check with her. In addition, you sometimes had to press her for an answer or opinion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Hodes took time to call me after hours or on the weekend when necessary. She also called within hours after receiving a test result which led to our infertility diagnosis. She displayed compassion when she gave the diagnosis and seemed to genuinely be interested in seeing my partner and I have success. There were times when she was rushed and watching the clock. While it is understandable with how many patients she sees in a day, I wish she spaced out her appointments more so there was more time to ask the questions we wanted rather than have to set up a follow up. Whenever I did have additional questions, she always called me back with answers within the week.
Describe the protocols Brooke Hodes-Wertz used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For both cycles, we used a combination of follistim, menopur, and ganirelix. For the first cycle, I triggered with lupron only. For the second cycle, the stimmed with a slightly lower dose of medicine for one less day and triggered with lupron and pregnyl. While I retrieved the same number of eggs both times with nearly 100% maturity, the fertilization and blast results were much better the second time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jean Ann)
All of the nurses were helpful throughout the process. However, sometimes they gave differing advice from each other and from what Dr. Hodes said. It was always more helpful and efficient when I could speak directly with Dr. Hodes' nurse, Jean Ann.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU is one of the longer running high volume clinics in the country and as a result the clinic has a level of expertise that is unmatched. Despite it being high volume, the protocol used was tailored to me and Dr. Hodes was personable. Another strength for us was having a genetics counselor and urologist affiliated with the clinic (they both are helpful, informative, and kind). There were some weaknesses. At times, NYU was inflexible, which resulted in unfortunate delays in getting IVF started for us. In addition, you don't have Dr. Hodes' email or ability to message her directly so it can be cumbersome to go through her secretary or nurse to ask a question.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Hodes-Wertz at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was fully covered. I believe it costs upwards of $17,000 per egg retrieval with embryo biopsy for PGT (a separate fee is due to the genetics lab conducting the PFGT). There is a $1000 storage fee for storing embryos after the first year.
Describe Brooke Hodes-Wertz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have not discussed this with her, but I prefer a single embryo transfer.
Brooke Hodes-Wertz

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Grifo always gave us his full attention and thorough, thoughtful explanations for every step of treatment. He often spoke within the context of his extensive career and personal experience with infertility, with the point being that his professional opinion of our specific circumstances could be trusted, because he's seen it all - and he also understood the heartache and hope. This was always done in a reassuring - not arrogant - manner. We felt confident we were in good hands.
I can only say good things, the whole [NYU Langone Fertility Center] team was responsive and helpful. Very clear from day one who I needed to work with on what, and they were all prompt and thorough and professional and polite. No complaints...[nurses are] Always warm and reassuring. So important to fertility patients who are on edge waiting for results!
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Grifo is present and focused on you as his patient and never distracted. Always patient and repeatedly asked whether there were questions or if we needed clarification on anything. Like I said in a previous answer, we were very confident we were in good hands.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Book him early! He is in demand!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols James Grifo used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I don't recall doses or timelines, but for the egg retrieval I took Gonal F, Menopur, Ganirelix, Pregnyl, and Leuprolide. I took Estrace, Crinone, and progesterone in oil shots for the FET. We had great results, after 1 egg retrieval we had 4 genetically normal embryos after PGT testing, the first FET resulted in a live birth, and we are looking to do another FET soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I can only say good things, the whole team was responsive and helpful. Very clear from day one who I needed to work with on what, and they were all prompt and thorough and professional and polite. No complaints.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This was an efficient, well-oiled machine, and in the midst of Covid protocols to boot. I never had to wait long - times were assigned in advance and the nursing team were pros, as were the ultrasound techs and attending doctors.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
We paid out of pocket for everything except general testing and some monitoring (ultrasounds) counted towards a deductible. So it wasn't cheap, but it was worth it to work with this doctor at this clinic!
Describe James Grifo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU Langone's policy is strict about singe embryo transfers, and we agreed with that approach.
James Grifo

2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Devore personally calls you to tell you results of pregnancy tests and whenever possible, she makes sure she is the doctor available for your ultrasounds and transfers...She was diligent and performed additional testing after an unsuccessful transfer to ensure there were no additional issue we needed to address
NYU Fertility clinic is a well oiled machine. They see a ton of patients and still manage to have minimal wait times for morning monitoring/ultrasounds. They provide the medication information in an easy to follow format and are always available to answer questions over the phone and are easily accessible. The nursing staff are all wonderful and compassionate and friendly and never make you feel like you are a bother when asking questions.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore is the most caring, compassionate and successful doctor I have ever had. She made me feel so comfortable at each appointment and always answered my questions and made me feel at ease with her treatment plan. I always got an immediate response from her office and was able to get answers no matter what. She personally called me to give me results and when a transfer didn't work she immediately came up with a plan of action to ease my anxiety.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I did 3 transfers and the 2 I did with Dr. Devore were successful, the 1 I did with another doctor was not successful. Dr. Devore is obviously the best at her job. Fertility treatment is stressful and uncomfortable as it is, but Dr. Devore makes you feel at ease and alleviates the stress that accommodates IVF cycles.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore personally calls you to tell you results of pregnancy tests and whenever possible, she makes sure she is the doctor available for your ultrasounds and transfers. She is very compassionate and I truly felt she cared about my IVF journey. She was diligent and performed additional testing after an unsuccessful transfer to ensure there were no additional issue we needed to address. She took the time and provided extra attention to ensure I had a successful transfer. She also constantly had a plan for me and was positive and enthusiastic but also realistic with the possible outcomes.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU Fertility Center has many patients and has a easy to follow and well established system in place. You check in using a kiosk each time you do morning monitoring and are in an out as quickly as possible.

2022, 15 Eggs Frozen
My experience with Dr. DeVore was really good. My initial consultation with her was informative, I came prepared with questions and she was able to answer all of them...her protocol plan for me was tailored with one less needle injection. I felt she listened to my concerns and she was easy to talk to. During the initial consult, she did my ultrasound, which I thought was great having the doctor do the ultrasounds.
I liked their [NYU Langone Fertility Center] satellite location in NoMad, which was convenient for me. The office was alway very well kept and modern, the waiting room was spacious enough and the check-in staff was always very pleasant. The nurses who drew my blood for morning monitoring were friendly and worked fast.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
My experience with Dr. DeVore was really good. My initial consultation with her was informative, I came prepared with questions and she was able to answer all of them. I told her I was really afraid of needles, so her protocol plan for me was tailored with one less needle injection. I felt she listened to my concerns and she was easy to talk to. During the initial consult, she did my ultrasound, which I thought was great having the doctor do the ultrasounds. However, I think this may vary by location, at Nomad all my ultrasounds were done by the attending doctor of the day. I saw my doctor about 3 times throughout the process, and I interacted with another attending doctor for another 3 times for morning monitorings. Every time, they were all careful to say that Dr. DeVore will be the one to decide on my protocol and make adjustments if needed. The morning monitorings were just to collect blood samples and do ultrasounds.
Tell her all of your concerns, whether physical or mental. And give more information than it is asked for. I made sure to follow up with Dr. DeVore's team to provide additional information about my previous menstrual cycles so that she can tailor a protocol that works for me.
All the staff were pleasant. They always addressed me by my name. Even when the waiting room was crowded, they made sure to address each patient by name.
Describe the protocols Shannon DeVore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My protocal began with Gonal F pen at 450 IUs on Day 2 in the evenings and then Cetrotide on Day 6 in the mornings. My Gonal F dose was gradually reduced and then increased again for days 10-12 because my E2 started declining. Please remember that every body responds differently. My trigger shots were a combo of low-dose Ovidrel and Lupron shots.
I interacted with multiple nurses during my process. After each morning monitoring visit, a nurse would call me to read me my results and give me new instructions for the injections. When I call the nurse hotline for follow up questions, they do get back to me within the hour. I don't mind interacting with a different nurse each time because I felt like all my information was accurately recorded and that they were all very well trained to answer my questions. I never felt rushed on the phone calls and I always felt comfortable calling the nurse hotline back, although it was a bit annoying to leave a message with their operator every time.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I liked their satellite location in NoMad, which was convenient for me. The office was alway very well kept and modern, the waiting room was spacious enough and the check-in staff was always very pleasant. The nurses who drew my blood for morning monitoring were friendly and worked fast.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The initial consultation was covered by my insurance with co-pays. The cost of the freezing cycle was $9500, anesthesia not included, and my medications were covered by my insurance with co-pays.
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The only thing that worried me was towards the end of the process when my E2 started dropping and I was not clear why it happened and what it meant. We thought I had ovulated just based on the bloodwork but a new scan the next day showed my follicles were still there, which was good news. I think my body just responded differently while all the other indicators were seemingly normal for what it was.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Devore was extremely personable. She knew my history and wants/needs as a patient very well, and always communicated with me in a way that was precisely tuned to the kind of communication style I prefer - which I feel is a huge talent, to intuit what communication style a patient likes and be able to give that to them. I felt as if she grieved alongside us with every failed cycle and miscarriage, and like she was just as elated as we were when we finally had success...
It [NYU Langone Fertility Center] can feel a bit like cattle call at morning monitoring. Sometimes the wait can be very, very long during busy "seasons" (one time I was there for over two hours). Other times you are in and out and the only patient in the waiting room. It really depends. That said, by the end I definitely felt like all the nurses knew my name. I also felt that the billing office was easy to work with...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr Devore and I had a relatively long journey before achieving success. After a monitored cycle, a canceled Clomid IUI (too many follicles), four failed IUIs, two miscarriages of euploid IVF embryo transfers, and a referral to reproductive immunology, we got pregnant on our third IVF transfer. I felt that Dr Devore was very much on our team throughout the entire process. It was always clear that she had a deep understanding of the science and was making evidence-based decisions in our care. After our second euploid loss, she referred us to a reproductive immunologist given my history of lupus and other autoimmune conditions. Whereas another RE might have kept transferring embryos in hopes one "stuck," Dr Devore was willing to explore a relatively-unknown field because she believed it might be uniquely helpful in my situation, with my medical history. Throughout, I felt Dr Devore showed great compassion both for my anxiety throughout treatment, as well as for our grief at losing our embryos. I have a PhD in a science field and my husband is a medical doctor, so we were relatively well-informed and research-minded patients. I'm sure that can be annoying for some doctors to deal with, but Dr Devore didn't miss a beat. She was always prepared to answer our questions, did not hesitate to say "I don't know, but I'll look into it" when that was the case, and was extremely well-versed in all the statistics and risks vs benefits for various treatments. Importantly, I also never felt like I was being taken advantage of financially. I am a member of an online support group for people dealing with infertility and have watched several of my friends undergo numerous expensive, invasive tests and treatments that did not have solid scientific backing. If I asked Dr Devore about pursuing a test or treatment that she did not feel was evidence-based or appropriate for my personal situation, she never hesitated to say so. I never felt pressured into doing something just for the sake of it - every step of my treatment felt personalized and well-considered.
Trust is so important in a doctor-patient relationship. I felt I could trust Dr Devore implicitly because of her candor and honesty. I also felt like she had a really solid grasp on the science behind everything she recommended. I know trust can take time to build, but for what it's worth, my advice is to trust her. Ask questions as much as you need to, and trust she will be honest and has your best interest at heart (and not money or pride).
Our first cycle was monitored and unmedicated to confirm ovulation and a short (7-day) luteal phase. Next step was going to be a Clomid cycle, but I developed five follicles so the cycle was canceled. (I remember being very torn about this and wanting to try anyway, but Dr Devore did a great job explaining why the risks truly did outweigh the benefits here.) After that, we did four IUIs with Clomid, all of which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. After the fourth IUI, Dr Devore felt it was in our best interest to move on to IVF. We did an egg retrieval and retrieved 26 eggs, 20 of which were mature, 16 fertilized, resulting in 10 embryos, 4 of which were euploid. Dr Devore advised PGS testing, which we ended up being glad that we did; even though I was just 32 at the time of egg retrieval, over half of our embryos were aneuploid or mosaic. Our first transfer we did the basic protocol with four days of medrol (a steroid), estrogen to build uterine lining, and progesterone injections combined with progesterone suppositories. We ended up having a positive pregnancy test and a relatively high beta. Dr Devore was optimistic that this would be a successful pregnancy. Unfortunately I noticed my home pregnancy tests were lightening so I requested an early second beta, which confirmed a chemical pregnancy. We proceeded with another transfer the very next month, hoping that this was just a fluke. This time we did add 10 mg of daily prednisone (because of my history with lupus), baby aspirin, claritin, and pepcid. Again we had a positive beta. This time Dr Devore scheduled an earlier second beta (because of the previous chemical), and unfortunately once again we learned I was having a chemical at the same gestational age as my last. Rather than go into a third transfer, Dr Devore advised pursuing testing with a trusted local reproductive immunologist. Reproductive immunology is a relatively new field of fertility treatment and has been controversial as there is not much evidence around it. Dr Devore communicated to us that she would not make this recommendation to most patients, and that it was just because of my history of several autoimmune diseases and the fact that both my euploid losses were at the same gestational age that she suspected an immune issue might be the cause. I remember asking if we could look into endometriosis or do an ERA first, but she was very firm in her belief that immune issues were likely at the root of my miscarriages. With that in mind, we did do the reproductive immunology testing, which ended up revealing several potential culprits for our losses. As part of that treatment I did an intralipids infusion four weeks before transfer, an IVIG infusion four days before transfer (and every 3 weeks thereafter until 16 weeks of pregnancy), 20 mg of prednisone daily (until 16 weeks), baby aspirin, 60 mg lovenox daily throughout entire pregnancy, metformin 1500 mg daily, magnesium citrate, calcium, vitamin D, probiotics, and prescription folate. We transferred our third embryo, which was a 3CB. Again we got a positive beta, much higher even than the (high) beta from our first transfer. We did another beta two days later, and every two days thereafter until 21 days past transfer, and confirmed that hcg continued to double. We saw a strong heartbeat on ultrasound at 6w3d, and I am now 24 weeks pregnant on this protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Omayra)
My primary coordinator, Omayra, was amazing. I did have some issues with one of the nurses, who asked me about domestic violence when she saw my Lovenox bruises. Although asking was appropriate, the way she asked wasn't--she asked loudly, in front of several other people. Had I actually been in a dangerous situation, I would not have felt comfortable admitting it given the way I was asked. I also had one time overhearing a nurse, when I was in for my third transfer baseline, murmuring "oh no, she's back?" Although the sympathy is nice, I just wish I hadn't overheard that, as I was already struggling emotionally a lot and didn't want to be reminded how bad my situation was. Otherwise my experience was good. You see lots of different nurses when you go in for monitoring.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It can feel a bit like cattle call at morning monitoring. Sometimes the wait can be very, very long during busy "seasons" (one time I was there for over two hours). Other times you are in and out and the only patient in the waiting room. It really depends. That said, by the end I definitely felt like all the nurses knew my name. I also felt that the billing office was easy to work with. The new west side location is gorgeous (although I mostly went to the east side).
There was a window for monitoring appointments. Although you scheduled for a specific time, I was told that as long as you showed up generally around that time, precise punctuality wasn't that important.
It was around $4500 for PGS testing of embryos and around $5000 per transfer, if I recall correctly. We did have partial insurance coverage.
Describe Shannon DeVore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr Devore strongly recommended eSET for all my transfers.

2022, 23 Eggs Frozen
she [Dr. Blakemore] makes it a point to see her patients as opposed to having someone else do the monitoring...She personally called me after the procedure to talk about the results and again answer my questions...confident, warm and compassionate person and instantly makes you feel comfortable. She truly seems to love her work...She gave a realistic picture of what to expect and my final results matched that...
I met with different nurses [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] throughout my cycle for bloodwork. I paid a nurse on the first day of stims to assist me with the injections at home. I had a positive experience over all...There was good coordination between the nurses and the doctor to advise me throughout my cycle when I made minor goof ups with my dosage...quick check in process. The facility (both Nomad and 1st Ave) looked good, welcoming, and clean...
How was your experience with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Blakemore comes across as a confident, warm and compassionate person and instantly makes you feel comfortable. She truly seems to love her work. I felt satisfied after getting all my questions patiently answered. She gave a realistic picture of what to expect and my final results matched that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Trust the doctor. You may not get to see her every visit but I have noticed that's how it works in the other clinics I consulted with too, as egg retrieval is a time sensitive procedure and the attending doctor will perform it. My case was very standard and easy and there were no surprises or complications.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Blakemore thoroughly explained egg freezing process to me during the consultation session and patiently answered my questions. She has a warm demeanor which made me choose her over other 2 doctors that I consulted with (NYU's reputation being a factor as well). She told me it's safe to wait a few months and come back when I am ready and that it would not make a huge difference ; so it did not feel like she was just trying to sell this expensive procedure to me. She was available for another quick consultation call after 8 months when I finally decided to freeze eggs. If she's working at the clinic, she makes it a point to see her patients as opposed to having someone else do the monitoring. There was good coordination between the nurses and the doctor to advise me throughout my cycle when I made minor goof ups with my dosage. She personally called me after the procedure to talk about the results and again answer my questions.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Blakemore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
The dosage was varied throughout the cycle based on my response to the medications. Lupron trigger was used (I guess that's because I have PCOS and Lupron prevents OHSS). I was kept on moderate dosage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Valentine)
I met with different nurses throughout my cycle for bloodwork. I paid a nurse on the first day of stims to assist me with the injections at home. I had a positive experience over all.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I liked the quick check in process. The facility (both Nomad and 1st Ave) looked good, welcoming, and clean. I was given an option to pick either facility based on my preference for regular monitoring visits. I had found out about NYU through Lilia and there was some follow up required with Billing to have the $400 discount applied to my account, but it went by fine (I believe I was the first person who approached them through Lilia ; hence, minor delay). I was happy about the consultation session NYU hosted for all egg freezing patients that were scheduled for the specific time period. NYU facility will be shifting to another location sometime towards the end of 2022 . That means that the tank carrying frozen eggs will be moved to that new facility. I got a call from my doctor after the retrieval was done to talk about the results. There was no formal documentation provided with the results and key details of my procedure (date of procedure, who performed, number of eggs retrieved and frozen, place where the eggs would be stored etc.). I requested for it and got a signed copy within a day. Overall, I had a good experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Approximately $10,000 including the initial consultation and preliminary blood test and excluding fertility medications that costed approximately $2500 out of pocket.
Describe Jennifer Blakemore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Not applicable

2022, 20 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Blakemore’s excitement and passion for the field of fertility is clear from the moment you meet, and present at every single early morning appointment. While admittedly my egg freezing journey was likely easier than most and purely elective to preserve future fertility, it can still be an anxiety-provoking experience. Seeing doctor Blakemore always put me at ease, and I looked forward to our appointments to hear updates and get her feedback on next steps. Also, as someone who is personally interested in the field / curious / works best when I have all the information, Dr. Blakemore was very forthcoming with sharing updates about my progress, answering my questions and discussing all the science of egg freezing and female reproduction. Beyond being an advocate for her patients, from our conversations I could tell she is a true advocate for women’s healthcare
Ask questions - she will gladly answer them all. And as fertility is a complex topic - ask follow-ups if anything is confusing!
Dr Blakemore has by far the kindest demeanor of any doctor of any speciality I have ever seen. Beyond that, she is clearly passionate about the field of fertility and gives extreme care to her patients, who she treats as she would a friend. From day one of my consult, I felt that she took note of my demeanor, intelligence, questions and pre-research into the field, and then catered our discussion to my specific circumstances and desires. I had taken a consult with another doctor at a different clinic prior to meeting Dr. Blakemore, however after my consult with Dr. Blakemore - it was a no brainer that she was the right choice for me.
We used a fairly standard strategy and protocol (daily Gonal F and Menopur, addition of Cetrotide halfway through, and then a Leutrotide trigger on day 10). We did not use Ovidrel as I was at risk of OHSS and we eventually lowered the dosage of Gonal F towards the end. Additonally, I had the nightly support of an NYU nurse helping with shots. To avoid me having to pay for 2x visits per day, Dr Blakemore changed my protocol to allow me to take the cetrotide at night with my fantastic nurse, Lavina. Overall, we stimulated many eggs (32 retrieved, 20 frozen), and I have not developed OHSS (4 days post-op as of this review)
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lavina )
I absolutely cannot speak highly enough about Lavina. I am very needle phobic and Lavina came to my apt nightly (fully masked) to administer all medications including the trigger. I looked into private nursing services, but the added benefit of having a nurse who was intimately familiar with the NYU team, Dr. Blakemore, as well as my charts, put me at ease throughout the process. Truly I could not have done this experience without her. Beyond Lavina, all of the nurses who would call for treatment updates, answer questions, or draw blood were kind, professional, and personable. It was clear that everyone at the clinic is friendly and truly enjoys their job and the patients they see
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU is clearly the top in terms of expertise, data, procedures, and pure numbers which was a huge reason for me choosing their clinic. I felt completely safe in their hands, and trusted their entire team. While it is a huge organization, I rarely felt like a number, as every single person I spoke to treated everyone with compassion. The west side office in particular feels very community-based and is modern / bright and clean. For example: upon riding the elevator one morning, another woman and I started talking about our experience so far. It truly felt like a community of supportive women.
Fortunately my procedure and medications were covered by my insurance. I did pay out of pocket for daily at-home nurse visits to administer shots. I looked into private nursing services and doing this through NYU was not only more affordable, it had the added benefit of being connected to the NYU system

2022, Consult
From the consult to nonexistent follow ups from Shannon Devore after bloodwork was submitted, I did not receive a personalized experience with Shannon Devore...This was an experience where no thorough medical explanations were given after bloodwork was submitted and other critical information was not discussed by this doctor in preparation for the IUI procedure...
NYU Langone Fertility Center is a nice clean fertility clinic but I would rather go to a different clinic for a more serious and personalized experience. If you do decide to come to NYU Langone Fertility Center, please expect to not hear much information from the fertility doctor after the consultation is completed. The clinic needs to do a better job following up with patients...I did not have too much interaction with the nursing staff other than providing a urine sample and bloodwork for genetics testing...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Shannon Devore did not give any helpful advice to my husband and I as we prepared to start our first IUI procedure. As her patient, I felt she was completely distant and not very concerned about my issues. The doctor did not ask my partner and I critical fertility related questions during the virtual consult. After the initial visit, I immediately questioned whether this was the right doctor for my fertility journey. Overall, my experience was very disappointing. I have never encountered a doctor that does not take time to properly go over things before a procedure is performed (no potential risks, no medication risks for patients with certain medical conditions). After bloodwork was submitted, she did not follow up (no email, no phone call, no follow up) to carefully discuss medical results or give in depth treatment plans at the in-person visit. She also failed to acknowledge a large ovarian cyst that was present in an ultrasound she performed that she dismissed as "nothing to worry about". Shannon Devore should be less nonchalant and more responsive to her patients who are having issues with fertility. I found out she prescribed me medication that can't be taken with the presence of "ovarian cysts". This was a very disappointing discovery. You would expect the doctor to give critical information about medication before having the patient pay for Clomid and Ovidrel. I will not continue my fertility journey with Shannon Devore due to lack of information and uncaring nonexistent personalized experience before scheduling the IUI.
Find another fertility doctor who will give an in-depth personalized experience.
I had high hopes when I first started my fertility journey with a consult with Shannon Devore at NYU Langone Fertility but I immediately felt like a number due to the uncaring experience I experienced with the doctor. From the consult to nonexistent follow ups from Shannon Devore after bloodwork was submitted, I did not receive a personalized experience with Shannon Devore. I felt like a number instead of a human. This was an experience where no thorough medical explanations were given after bloodwork was submitted and other critical information was not discussed by this doctor in preparation for the IUI procedure.
Shannon DeVore did not give specific treatment strategies other than mentioning to start with Clomid on Day 3 of your cycle. Most of the information about how to use the medication was discussed by nurses you can call at NYU Langone Fertility.
I did not have too much interaction with the nursing staff other than providing a urine sample and bloodwork for genetics testing. IUI procedure was not scheduled given the experience I had with Shannon Devore.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I am unaware of how much was spent in costs since most of it was covered by insurance.
Not applicable

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. DeVore treated me like I was her only patient. Her warmth, compassion, empathy and commitment to my journey was evident in every interaction I had and continue to have with her...The most important strategy Dr. DeVore used with me was something called a low dose protocol. Her logic was, that at my age, she would rather go for a lower quantity but potentially higher quality egg than if we followed a traditional IVF protocol. All I know is that she is brilliant and it worked!...
The office [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is amazing! Everyone is kind, compassionate and empathetic. Wait times were reasonable depending on the volume of patients. Transitions were seamless especially if you were having a procedure. Recovery room nurses are the absolute best!..Volume was always high but the flow was efficient. If there were delays the staff made sure to keep all patients informed...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore treats every patient like they are her only patient. She is kind, compassionate, empathetic and deeply committed to doing what is best for her patients. She sets honest and realistic expectations and is available through every step of the journey. No question is too inconsequential to answer and she takes the time to explain everything so that you have a full understanding of what is happening and why. Without her encouragement and support I would not be in the position I am today. There are not enough words to describe how incredibly blessed I am to have met her and will be forever grateful to Dr. DeVore for everything she has done for me.
Trust everything she says and do everything she tells you to do. She will never steer you wrong.
Dr. DeVore treated me like I was her only patient. Her warmth, compassion, empathy and commitment to my journey was evident in every interaction I had and continue to have with her. She is an amazing doctor and human being.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary & Emily)
Everyone was amazing!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The office is amazing! Everyone is kind, compassionate and empathetic. Wait times were reasonable depending on the volume of patients. Transitions were seamless especially if you were having a procedure. Recovery room nurses are the absolute best!

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Devore was warm, thorough, and clear. She and I had an initial consultation via video, in-person consultation, and exam, and she performed one of my ultrasounds during the egg-freezing process. She was very easy to talk to, and provided with me lots of details about the process and expectations. I did not feel rushed during the process, and she was extremely emphathetic...
The clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is a well-oiled machine. I felt reassured during my appointments seeing based on how warm the staff is, and how smoothly operations go...The nursing staff was excellent -- everyone was extremely friendly, warm, and efficient which was appreciated while I was getting used to the process, and much appreciated at 7:45 am appointments....During hours the office was closed, you do need to leave a message and I did receive calls back soon (though sometimes they were not quite as prompt as my anxious mind wanted)...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was very warm and patient. I never felt rushed during both our initial consultation (via video) and in person. She was very reassuring and kind and provided a great outline of the process and expectations of results.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic is a well-oiled machine. I felt reassured during my appointments seeing based on how warm the staff is, and how smoothly operations go. It was helpful to see many other women coming in for early morning appointments as well -- it felt reassuring that I wasn't alone. During hours the office was closed, you do need to leave a message and I did receive calls back soon (though sometimes they were not quite as prompt as my anxious mind wanted)
Anesthesia is out of network and has a charge of $1070. Egg storage (annual) is also $1070. My company covers the first year of storage. I have not received my billing yet, so I am unsure of the costs, but I am using fertility benefits insurance provided by my company to pay for all of the procedure costs. My medication was mostly paid for by insurance provided by my company but spent about $2000 out of pocket. NYU Langone makes it easy to understand which options you have for insurance / paying out of pocket, and provides a list of pharmacy options. For paying out of pocket, they have several recommended pharmacies that provide additional discounts to NYU Langone patients.

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. DeVore is exceptional. I never once felt judged by her regarding my decision to have a child as a single woman. She is thoughtful, compassionate, and very good at what she does. She manages expectations well and actively engages me in the treatment planning process...I would love get to have Dr. DeVore treat me each visit, but that's obviously impossible considering how critical timing is when it comes to all of these procedures...
It's a very busy clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center], and sometimes you do sort of feel like a "number" when dealing with the nursing staff or front desk. But that's pretty rare. Overall excellent. I have never had a truly bad or unpleasant experience with a single person associated with the clinic...it was clear how sincerely she [Dr. DeVore] cares for her patients, and how thoughtful she is with her treatment protocols...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
My only criticism (and it's not really a legitimate criticism) is that I would love get to have Dr. DeVore treat me each visit, but that's obviously impossible considering how critical timing is when it comes to all of these procedures. Every other aspect of my treatment with Dr. Devore has been exceptional. Before finding Dr. DeVore I had been very discouraged because my previous experience with fertility consultations had not been good. I felt judged and uncomfortable, and it was just very hard for me to wrap my head around the whole process. From the very first time I spoke with Dr. DeVore, it was clear how sincerely she cares for her patients, and how thoughtful she is with her treatment protocols. I cannot recommend her highly enough.
This isn't so much in regard to Dr. Devore, but rather fertility care and healthcare general: be prepared to speak up and advocate for yourself during fertility treatment. It really makes a huge difference.
Dr. DeVore is exceptional. I never once felt judged by her regarding my decision to have a child as a single woman. She is thoughtful, compassionate, and very good at what she does. She manages expectations well and actively engages me in the treatment planning process. I can't speak highly enough about her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carol and Andrea originally and now Taylor,I believe)
Overall Excellent.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It's a very busy clinic, and sometimes you do sort of feel like a "number" when dealing with the nursing staff or front desk. But that's pretty rare. Overall excellent. I have never had a truly bad or unpleasant experience with a single person associated with the clinic
2019 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Brooke Hodes-Wertz] is honest and straight to the point...responds to all of your questions and provides guidance when required...makes you feel comfortable and not embarrassed by your infertility. I appreciate her bedside manner...Don't expect to see her as often during the entire IVF process. You see her nurses and talk to her PCAs a lot more. They make a great team and are very welcoming and responsive.
For me, their location [NYU Langone Fertility Center] was great. Their monitoring hours and scheduling system was efficient. The team calls you when they are expected to so I never had to follow up on my own...Everything was fast paced, which I didn't mind. There were a lot of patients but the nursing team and staff were all very friendly and helpful whenever I reached out.
Dr. Hodes is honest and straight to the point. She responds to all of your questions and provides guidance when required. She makes you feel comfortable and not embarrassed by your infertility. I appreciate her bedside manner and the way she explains different aspects of the IVF process.
Nursing team was exceptional. They made me feel comfortable, calmed my nerves during my first cycle and explain everything in detail at each visit.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
For me, their location was great. Their monitoring hours and scheduling system was efficient. The team calls you when they are expected to so I never had to follow up on my own. The transfer process was quick and they discuss with you everything beforehand.
Multiple embryo transfer was never discussed.
Brooke Hodes-Wertz

2022, Successful
Dr. DeVore was so patient and kind. She listened to my concerns and was very responsive via email and/or phone call. Even though I was not able to see her for every office visit, it was very clear that she was the one managing my care. I felt heard and reassured and am forever grateful for her...Dr. DeVore was so patient and did not make us feel rushed to do our implantation. She was okay with us waiting a cycle to schedule it, especially as I had to manage some things separately with my endocrinologist. I’m very grateful for her patience...
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] was so helpful. They were always ready to answer questions about all the medications and next steps. They were informative and educated and I felt reassured every step of the way...Morning monitoring was always very quick and efficient. I never waited for more than 5 minutes for my appointment. The morning monitoring appts are very quick but the nurses are happy to chat about any concerns or questions you have...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I would advise any IVF patient to stay patient, express any concerns and worries to your doctors and nurses, and to stay positive.
Dr. DeVore has been very patient with me throughout this whole process and called me numerous times to discuss results and answer any questions I have had.
Leading up to my egg retrieval I was on cetrotide, Gonal F, and menopur. These were titrated often dependent on my bloodwork. I was carefully instructed how to properly administer and adjust dosing. For my trigger shot, Dr. DeVore was so accommodating as I had an important obligation during the time. She really worked with me to adjust the timing of my trigger shot. After my retrieval, Dr. DeVore was so patient and did not make us feel rushed to do our implantation. She was okay with us waiting a cycle to schedule it, especially as I had to manage some things separately with my endocrinologist. I’m very grateful for her patience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was so helpful. They were always ready to answer questions about all the medications and next steps. They were informative and educated and I felt reassured every step of the way.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This clinic is great with timing. Morning monitoring was always very quick and efficient. I never waited for more than 5 minutes for my appointment. The morning monitoring appts are very quick but the nurses are happy to chat about any concerns or questions you have.
2019 - 2022, Successful
she [Dr. DeVore] is kind, thoughtful, considerate, supportive and very smart. I trusted everything she told me and knew she would never sugarcoat the information I was receiving, including the statistical reality of various steps along the way. I truly appreciated this, as it felt that I always went into next steps with a realistic expectation...She is one of the most responsive doctors I've ever had, and so even though reaching out to her required going through her (excellent) patient coordinator Emily, I still found she usually called me within 24 hours or answered my emailed questions within a matter of hours or less (including on her days off!)
NYU can be a bit hard to navigate...the process of connecting with a person is very arduous and you nearly always end up connected to an answering service, even during business hours. At times, it took nurses (not Carrington though!) many hours to call back and I frequently had to do follow-up calls to get questions answered...Often any calls I had to make after hours were related to time sensitive questions about injections, and getting through to the on-call dotor sometimes took 15 minutes of talking to the answering service, always (inexplicably) starting with a question of whether or not I was a patient. At times the on-call doctors were extremely quick to respond, and very kind and helpful. At other times the calls back would take hours...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I covered some of this previously but the shortest answer is that she is kind, thoughtful, considerate, supportive and very smart. I trusted everything she told me and knew she would never sugarcoat the information I was receiving, including the statistical reality of various steps along the way. I truly appreciated this, as it felt that I always went into next steps with a realistic expectation. Many components of the IVF process are a bit scary and require a lot of trust in your doctor's approach and decision making; I knew I had this with Dr. Devore, and also knew that she was going to carefully consider the best approach both for the outcome and for my own health.
Schedule a consultation and you too will want to sign right up. She is truly one of the best doctors I've ever had.
Dr. Devore is truly one of the kindest and most thoughtful doctors I've ever been lucky enough to have. From the very start of this journey she listened to my questions, concerns and hopes for the future, and helped me understand my options accordingly. She never once shied away from the data and was always wholly transparent about what the options were and what the potential outcomes might be. When I first came to her I was interested in egg freezing but over a long period of time (lengthened by my choice to slightly delay things because of the pandemic), my needs changed and she helped me clarify what she thought was the best path forward in light of what I hoped to achieve—and she was exactly right. She is one of the most responsive doctors I've ever had, and so even though reaching out to her required going through her (excellent) patient coordinator Emily, I still found she usually called me within 24 hours or answered my emailed questions within a matter of hours or less (including on her days off!). She was compassionate in listening to my concerns—both medical and otherwise—and extremely supportive from the very start. As someone choosing to become a parent on my own, it was particularly impactful to feel that she supported my decisions and was on my team as I made my decisions (no matter how long they took me—and I was often very slow!). I cannot imagine having gone through this with any other doctor and would recommend her to truly anyone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Emily (patient coordinator) and Carrington)
Emily, the patient coordinator, was extremely responsive, kind, supportive and very patient with my many questions. If I reached out to her incorrectly she was always helpful getting my question answered by the right part of my care team. = Carrington, my primary nurse, was very kind, helpful, thoughtful and always helped answer my questions along the way. She was not always the person I worked with directly because of timing and vacation schedules, but she was extremely helpful at all times when she was who I connected with.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU can be a bit hard to navigate and it's sometimes a bit tricky to know how you can reach the people you need. In particular, my biggest frustration was with their phone process—if you have to use the phone tree, the process of connecting with a person is very arduous and you nearly always end up connected to an answering service, even during business hours. At times, it took nurses (not Carrington though!) many hours to call back and I frequently had to do follow-up calls to get questions answered. I had direct lines for Emily and Carrington and when I called those I got answers very quickly from both of them, but if for some reason either of them was not in the office on a given day, the process was very frustrating. Similarly, the answering service in the evenings is deeply frustrating. Often any calls I had to make after hours were related to time sensitive questions about injections, and getting through to the on-call dotor sometimes took 15 minutes of talking to the answering service, always (inexplicably) starting with a question of whether or not I was a patient. At times the on-call doctors were extremely quick to respond, and very kind and helpful. At other times the calls back would take hours. On one occasion the doctor on-call called back and sounded extremely annoyed and was very dismissive. None of the above would deter me from recommending NYU but it's definitely an area for improvement. I would also suggest trying to get any and all direct lines possible for the people you are trying to reach.
I was lucky to have health insurance coverage and be in-network so all told my costs were very low.
I believe NYU generally does a single embryo transfer; I agree with this approach and it never came up directly with Dr. Devore, as it would have been my preference without question even if it wasn't the norm at the clinic.
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There was one small mixup with repeat baseline testing that was accidentally not ordered as it should have been. The staff member was extremely apologetic and from my perspective the mistake was understandable in light of various time frames that made catching it a little complicated. The issue was caught before it caused an issue and solved without impact; felt like a human error from an extremely efficient staff member who I greatly appreciated and seems almost not worth mentioning. A larger issue that does seem worth noting is that after the egg retrieval. the nursing staff did not provide me with any handouts or information related to OHSS. I happened to know I was at risk and called to get the information sent to me when I realized it had not been sent to me. Similarly, after the retrieval there were a variety of suggestions for items to have on hand, including things like coconut water instead of regular water, etc. Perhaps not knowing this before the procedure wouldn't have been as surprising to me in a non-pandemic moment, but in light of the circumstances I was frustrated to realize I should have had a few items on hand. I'd suggest NYU provide this information ahead of time so patients can prepare as needed.

2021, Consult
I only met with her [Dr. Shannon DeVore] once, and had one followup phone call with her. She was compassionate and informational and clear. I liked her manner. She called me herself with my test results, which I appreciated. She did use the word "toxic" to describe by body which I did not like, and has made it difficult to envision a solution to my fertility problems.
The [NYU Langone Fertility Center] clinic is beautiful and the people are all friendly, however I felt like I was treated really well while they were courting me as a patient, but as soon as the situation got tough and I needed more time and information to decide what to do next, they pretty much disappeared and I was on my own.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I only met with her once, and had one followup phone call with her. She was compassionate and informational and clear. I liked her manner. She called me herself with my test results, which I appreciated. She did use the word "toxic" to describe by body which I did not like, and has made it difficult to envision a solution to my fertility problems. The doctor who gave me a second opinion used the same word, so I guess this is how they refer to it, but I wish they'd use different language with the patient. Other than that I felt like she communicated really well.
Come in prepared to advocate for yourself and with all of your questions ready, she'll take the time to answer them but followup outreach might be harder.
The clinic is beautiful and the people are all friendly, however I felt like I was treated really well while they were courting me as a patient, but as soon as the situation got tough and I needed more time and information to decide what to do next, they pretty much disappeared and I was on my own.
I haven't done it yet, and don't know if I can afford it here. I didn't get an estimate of how many cycles we might need to do before success, and can't afford to do multiple cycles at $25k each. I also didn't really get a specific quoted price for my situatiuon, just a price list of all possible treatments and procedures (but I'm not sure which I'd be doing). What was recommended was egg retrieval and fertilization (however many times necessary, I didn't get a personalized recommendation for the process), then a salpingectomy (remove my fallopian tubes, I would have to do this somewhere else), then transfer (however many times necessary, I didn't get a personalized recommendation for the process). I got a second opinion and it was the same.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Omayra (coordinator), not a specific nurse)
They respond when I reach out, and everyone's nice. I haven't had any extra care, like them following up with personalzied recommendations, following up to set up the next steps, etc. Once I expressed concern about the cost no one reached out anymore.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It's really pretty, clean, new, everyone's nice, good bedside manners. You need to be your own advocate, I do feel somewhat like a number there. I got an initial consultation but after that no real followup - no personalized recommendation or pricing sent to me, and no one followed up to set me up for next steps.
I only did the consultation. I paid a $50 copay, and I paid a little under $200 coinsurance when they sent me to a lab to get scans.

2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. DeVore is empathetic and I never felt rushed when I saw her in person or spoke to her...Compassionate, empathetic, responsive, tailors your treatment to you, willing to try new things, willing to listen to your concerns/suggestions yet will provide her thoughts/take on it, interacts with you instead of solely relying on the nurses/staff...
NYU is a well-oiled machine. They are equipped to handle their volume of patients and although I often felt like a number during morning monitoring due to the number of other patients, most of the nurses were very warm and pleasant. It is helpful to go earlier (closer to 7am) during morning monitoring hours -- you will be in and out as opposed to scheduling closer to 9am...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Absolutely love her. I have recommended her to three of my close friends. She is everything you would want in a fertility doctor. Compassionate, empathetic, responsive, tailors your treatment to you, willing to try new things, willing to listen to your concerns/suggestions yet will provide her thoughts/take on it, interacts with you instead of solely relying on the nurses/staff. I wish I had started my egg freezing journey with her and didn't just go with a name/title as I did for my first doctor, which came recommended by my gyno and a friend that works on the admin side of the NYU hospital system. I had an unquestionably better experience with Dr. DeVore and am so happy I switched to her.
She will be your guide and friend throughout this difficult process, so treat her with kindness and she will be there for you every step of the way. Don't be afraid to bring your perspective and suggestions based on your own research and reading -- she is open to hearing your ideas and is not dismissive like other doctors can be.
Dr. DeVore is empathetic and I never felt rushed when I saw her in person or spoke to her. She was willing to experiment and try different protocols when it became clear my past protocols were only producing a minimum number of eggs. I felt like she understood my concerns with my past experience with another doctor and was open to hearing my suggestions based on research I had done, instead of shutting it down quickly like my previous doctor had. Infertility is still a developing field of science so I appreciated that she was open minded since I was desperate for different results and standard protocols were not working well for me. She is extremely responsive and I appreciated that she often called me herself (rather than have a nurse call) to give me an update or my results.
Prior to starting with Dr. DeVore, I had done two cycles with another doctor in the practice using first an antagonist protocol with clomid (resulting in 3 M-2) and second a microdose lupron protocol (resulting in 2 M-2 and 2 M-1). The results were mediocre so Dr. DeVore experimented with different protocols, including having me come in as soon the same morning I started spotting versus day 2 (with day 1 being full flow) with my previous doctor. Our rounds together included the following. I appreciated that after each of the first two rounds, we tried something different since the protocol wasn't producing the results we were hoping for. The number of eggs retrieved given my age were soul crushingly low. Round 1: Antagonist (300 Gonal F, 300 Menopur). Results: 1 M-2, 1 GV, 1 unable to be retrieved Round 2: Low dose antagonist with Clomid (75 Gonal F, 75 Menopur) Results: 1 M-2, 1 M-1 and 1 GV Round 3: Microdose lupron with Omnitrope for first 5 days (5 MDL, 300 Gonal F, 150 Menopur) Results: 6 M-2 and 1 GV Round 4: Microdose lupron with Omnitrope for first 5 days (5 MDL, 300 Gonal F, 150 Menopur) Results: 4 M-2 Round 5: Microdose lupron with Omnitrope for first 5 days (5 MDL, 300 Gonal F, 150 Menopur) Results: 6 M-2, 3 GV Round 3 was my best round yet so we appeared to have found a protocol that worked for me, so we stuck with it for rounds 3-5.
Here's where I did feel like a number sometimes given how many people they saw but I appreciate that they always had the correct info and I never questioned their competence or attention to detail. I did hate that I always had to leave a message with a central answering service to talk to a nurse but I appreciate that the nurses were pretty timely in giving me a call back.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Efficient and well-oiled machine. I was a seasoned pro having done 7 cycles so I appreciated being able to get in and out relatively quickly. Just know that you will not always see your doctor during monitoring -- it depends on what day you are scheduled to come in based off your own body/results and which doctor is on call that day. But I appreciated that I always knew Dr. DeVore was reviewing my results behind the scenes and she would often give me a call re: next steps if she did not see me for monitoring that day.
$9,200 for first round of egg freezing, $8,200 for each subsequent round. These included all morning monitoring, blood tests, retrieval, etc. other than anesthesia. Medication was separate.

2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore always had a smile on her face, never made you feel rushed, always was honest and answered your questions to the best of her ability. I never felt like I was on a time limit, or that she wasn't available if I needed her. Twice I had to call with questions, and twice Dr. Blakemore HERSELF called me back almost right away to answer the questions and calm my nerves when my nerves needed to be calmed...I wanted to transfer two embryos but Dr. Blakemore insisted we do only one...
The nursing team [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] always reached out when you needed them and always gave detailed information. You never felt rushed and sometimes they even listened to me vent. They showed compassion and kindness from day one and did whatever they could to assist you and your doctor in getting you the care and information you need...I usually waited 10-15 min for an ultrasound after blood work which isn't bad. Occasionally on very very busy days, I had to wait 30 minutes and maybe once or twice more but in total, you were essentially in and out in an hour...
I was lucky enough to become pregnant under the care of Dr. Blakemore. After 2 and a half years trying to conceive. I came from another practice with many issues so my first consultation with her, I had reservations about trusting someone else with my fertility treatments, especially after feeling so ignored at my previous clinic. From the first day meeting with her, she really helps you feel relaxed, calm and shared her own personal journey with me which helped break down some of my walls. She was thorough with everything she explained to both me and my husband and let us know she was always available if we needed her. Dr. Blakemore wasn't kidding. She seemingly works every single day, and has even called me back herself on numerous occasions to answer questions for me. You can see the passion she has in all that she does - she's beaming with it. She's excited everyday to come to work and help people conceive children. It's hard not to be excited when your doctor is so excited and positive and happy to be there. She helps you see the positive and continue moving forward even when setbacks seem huge. She supports you in your decisions and explains risks and benefits. I felt like she became my friend while I was there - my own personal cheerleader cheering me on. As a doctor, she's incredible and she absolutely amazing at what she does. If you need protocol adjusted, she adjusts it. She knows what works. Our second retrieval was 3x as successful as our first BECAUSE of Jennifer Blakemore. This woman will one day be in the hall of fame for science or something because she does so much research and cares about what she does, shes either going to discover something magical - I don't know. She's up to date on the latest information. I literally could go on and on and on about how marvelous I think she is as a person and as a doctor. She would always inform me where she would be so I knew where to schedule my appointment so I could be seen by her. She's incredibly hands on. Again, this is her passion and as a patient, you feel like your success is her passion - her goal. I wish all my doctors were as incredible as Dr. Blakemore. Tears were shed when I finally was lucky enough to graduate the fertility clinic because she was so caring, compassionate, kind, dedicated - just amazing. Words cannot describe. If you're looking for a fertility doctor, you would be VERY lucky to have the chance to work with Dr. Blakemore. It was the ultimate privilege for myself and my husband and I truly believe that without her, we wouldn't be pregnant right now. She made me a better person through this process. I owe her everything and cannot thank her enough.
I don't feel like you need any advice from me other than to trust Dr. Blakemore. She knows what she's talking about. If you listen to her, you will be in the best hands around!
Although there are many patients in this clinic, the staff works as a team to make you feel special and make you feel like you're the only patient in the facility. From the way the nurses checked you in, took your blood work and answered questions to the face to face appointments with Dr. Blakemore. Dr. Blakemore always had a smile on her face, never made you feel rushed, always was honest and answered your questions to the best of her ability. I never felt like I was on a time limit, or that she wasn't available if I needed her. Twice I had to call with questions, and twice Dr. Blakemore HERSELF called me back almost right away to answer the questions and calm my nerves when my nerves needed to be calmed. I feel like she cares about each of her patients and takes her job seriously. It's not a job for her. It's a passion and she has a team around her who help support that.
For IUI, we used Clomid and Ovidrel. For both retrievals, we used Clomid. For my first retrieval, we used Menopur, Gonal F, Ovidrel and Cetritide. On my second and final retrieval, we used Gonal F, Lupron, and HCG. There may have been more but I can't remember. The change from the first to second retrieval helped us get better quality eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
From day one, Dr. Blakemore's assistant Shenetta helped me stay focused, stay calm and answered every single one of my questions - and there were a lot. The nursing team always reached out when you needed them and always gave detailed information. You never felt rushed and sometimes they even listened to me vent. They showed compassion and kindness from day one and did whatever they could to assist you and your doctor in getting you the care and information you need. Couldn't be happier with the team!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I have no complaints at all about this clinic, aside from one appointment (which just happened to be bad luck because so many people were there lol - not in the clinics control), the appointment wait times are very reasonable (15 minutes, sometimes less than 5 minutes). The staff is kind, compassionate, caring. My only negative experience was that I am disabled and needed to use the elevator to get to the second floor and the girl at the front desk was not educated on disabilities and it was a very complicated process, where I loudly had to basically plead my case to convince her I was disabled enough for her liking to be able to use the elevator. Aside from that, everyone was amazing.
Morning monitoring was an interesting experience because while I have no complaints, there is a certain feeling of a cattle call, but very minor. It doesn't change my perception of this clinic, because it also runs as a well oiled machine. You come in, they call you back, take your blood work and then you wait in another area to be called for your ultrasound. Each time you delt with a staff member, it was very individualized, but I would have liked going from blood work, to an US room instead of another waiting area, however I understand why they do it this way. The quicker they get your blood work in, the quicker they call you with the results. The blood work takes a few minutes while ultrasounds take more time. It can feel frustrating at first, but you get the hang of it. I think theres just this feeling of being at a fertility clinic where you just want to get in, get the info and get on with your life because you don't want to become "the fertility girl" so the waiting can seem worse than it is. I usually waited 10-15 min for an ultrasound after blood work which isn't bad. Occasionally on very very busy days, I had to wait 30 minutes and maybe once or twice more but in total, you were essentially in and out in an hour - give or take 20 minutes - which I didn't mind because I got to see my doctor each time so it was blood work, ultrasound and speaking to my doctor which felt worth it to me.
We were lucky to have insurance so we had copays since our deductible was met and then just the cost of the PGT testing. I know this is not the standard practice so we feel very lucky that this was our experience.
I wanted to transfer two embryos but Dr. Blakemore insisted we do only one. I wasn't pleased then because I was so nervous it was going to fail, but I trusted her, because she gave me the information I needed to understand that one was the way to go. If we failed on our first transfer, we could discuss two in the future. I was very concerned with running out of insurance benefits, but in the end I am VERY happy I listed to Dr. Blakemore because I am pregnant and to me, that is a success!

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Devore set realistic expectations for us and continued to tailor our treatment plan based on the results we were getting...Dr. Devore was listening to us and giving us personalized care based on our situation (not the "standards")...She is hands on, and is very easy to get in touch with. She was always the one to call us with results...she was the only doctor who made an effort to read our entire medical record and then setup a follow up call with us where she tailored her recomendations based on our history...
NYU is a very well run and organized clinic. The scheduling for appointments was very easy. All appointments ran on time. I was always in and out of the office quickly and without stress. There are two locations you can visit for monitoring during the week which makes things convenient...All the nurses are extremely friendly and supportive....
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore is the best doctor I have ever had the privilege of seeing. She is compassionate and forward thinking and always had us feeling supported and listened to. After having a failed IVF cycle along with three failed embryo transfers at a previous clinic, we were starting to lose hope. Dr. Devore set realistic expectations for us and continued to tailor our treatment plan based on the results we were getting which we believe made all the difference! We did one round of IVF under her care and were successful with our first embryo transfer.
If you want a doctor who is dedicated to her patients then this is the doctor for you! She is hands on, and is very easy to get in touch with. She was always the one to call us with results (compared to some other clinics where the nurses will call), and we always heard from her the same day the results came in! There was even a time I was not able to answer my phone and she proactively called my husband on a Sunday afternoon to share results we had been waiting for. She is truly an exceptional doctor.
After using two previous fertility doctors and having a failed IVF cycle (with three failed embryo transfers) we decided to interview new clinics/doctors in search of more personalized care. We met with 4 other doctors/clinics and the moment we met with Dr. Devore we knew we were in the right hands. After our initial consult, she was the only doctor who made an effort to read our entire medical record and then setup a follow up call with us where she tailored her recomendations based on our history. At other clinics we felt as if we were just another number going through the same exact protocol as everyone else. I always felt that Dr. Devore was listening to us and giving us personalized care based on our situation (not the "standards").
After having a failed IVF cycle/three failed embryo transfers at our last clinic we were determined to setup our next cycle for success. Dr. Devore recomended PGS testing our embryos, and performing an ERA/uterine biopsy prior to transfer which I think made all the difference. She was also always thinking one step ahead. Our embryos were not the best quality so she also recommended that we transfer two at the same time (which is not the norm, and most doctors are hesitant to do). We were successful with our very first embryo transfer under her care which resulted in one healthy singleton baby.
All the nurses are extremely friendly and supportive.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr Devore allowed us to transfer two embryos based on our prior history, and the quality of our embryos. The transfer of two embryos resulted in one singleton birth.

2021, Successful
The nursing and administrative staff at the NYU west side location is incredible. They are always there to help answer questions, coordinate precious time, and provide you with the care you need to get through a very timely and emotional process....We much preferred the West Side location to the East, particularly when it came to working with the administrative and nursing staff. We also found that the earliest appointment slots were best for time management, especially if you work full time.
Previous to seeing Dr. Blakemore, I had gone to my obgyn for an ultrasound to inquire whether I had PCOS or not. After almost a month and a half of ignored test results and unclear communication with my obgyn, we decided to see Dr. Blakemore. From the intake process, Dr. Blakemore ruled out what I had thought was the issue of our infertility caused by my PCOS, with the larger factor of low sperm count that was contributing to our failed attempts at conceiving. From the very beginning, Dr. Blakemore helped us truly understand every detail of our options, our journey, and possible outcomes. Just as importantly, she provided us with immediate attention and care, and we never, ever felt like time was wasted. Dr. Blakemore is as compassionate as she is comprehensive, and I don’t have enough words to describe how happy we were to find her. In the end, our course of treatment was IVF, and we were successful with Dr. Blakemore after one round of retrievals and one transfer. We have four additional healthy embryos frozen from this round as well. We always felt like we were in the best hands possible with her as our doctor, and I am so glad she will be there for us in the future.
Dr. Blakemore is the most caring doctor we’ve ever been to. At a time when our emotions were running high from many uncertainties, Dr. Blakemore never treated us like we were one of many. She was always there to answer questions and concerns, and provided direct information with kindness and compassion.
IVF with ICSI
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nursing and administrative staff at the NYU west side location is incredible. They are always there to help answer questions, coordinate precious time, and provide you with the care you need to get through a very timely and emotional process. We are still in contact with the staff that were part of our fertility journey at the west side location, and miss them constantly! We wish they could have been a part of our entire pregnancy journey as well.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
We much preferred the West Side location to the East, particularly when it came to working with the administrative and nursing staff. We also found that the earliest appointment slots were best for time management, especially if you work full time. Overall, both locations provided us with positive experiences.
fully covered through insurance aside from PGA-T testing

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Grifo spent a lot of time explaining, in blunt terms, the chances of a successful IVF given my age. (We are a same-sex couple, so IVF was our only option really to conceive). He explained the process and the protocol he'd use at our initial consultation. After that, we didn't see Dr. Grifo again — patients at NYU Fertility will see other doctors during monitoring and for procedures, which makes you feel more like a number than a patient of one specific doctor. It's also unclear if the doctor personally reviews monitoring results and makes decisions or if the doctor you see during monitoring is making decisions about next steps. That was never clear to me.
during monitoring [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] you may see a different nurse as there are multiple women waiting each morning. You'd get a quick blood draw and they would review instructions for drugs etc., This was when you had a chance to ask any questions. They would call in the afternoon with instructions based on your blood results...There's a $4,600 fee that you have to pay up front to cover biopsies. After you're done at the clinic, you get a refund for any unused funds. It took me MONTHS to get the refund and had to repeatedly follow up in order to get any update...
How was your experience with James Grifo at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
If you want to speak to Dr. Grifo you should push for that. Otherwise, you will only ever deal his assistants and with other doctors and nurses you see along the way.
I went to Dr. Grifo because he came highly recommended from another friend/patient. He obviously knows what he's doing and has tons and tons of experience however, apart from our initial consultations and video calls with Dr. Grifo after the first failed cycle, we never had any interactions with him. I saw a different doctor or fellow during monitoring and Dr. DeVore did my transfers both times. I'm also not entirely sure my monitoring data was ever personally reviewed by Grifo to determine course of action.
On our first cycle, I was on 300 of Gonal F and 150 of Menopur and Clomid, Cetrotide and a combo of Ovidrel and Lupron for the trigger shot. This resulted in 6 eggs being retrieved, 4 of which were successfully fertilized using ICSI, 2 were biopsied, there were no viable embryos first cycle. Second cycle, I took Lupron from the start and alternated between Gonal F and Menopur starting on the 4th day. Ovidrel for the trigger shot, 6 eggs retrieved, 4 embryos, 4 biopsied, 1 healthy embryo, 1 segmented-mosaic. The healthy embryo resulted in a baby girl!
during monitoring you may see a different nurse as there are multiple women waiting each morning. You'd get a quick blood draw and they would review instructions for drugs etc., This was when you had a chance to ask any questions. They would call in the afternoon with instructions based on your blood results. They were all friendly, some more than others, but no complaints.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The waiting room is nice and open and the check in process was organized. Sometimes, they'd not call you in in the order you arrived, so after waiting a very long time I would go to the back to check in. This only happened once or twice otherwise I was called in quickly on most days.
There's a $4,600 fee that you have to pay up front to cover biopsies. After you're done at the clinic, you get a refund for any unused funds. It took me MONTHS to get the refund and had to repeatedly follow up in order to get any update. It was not easy to get the refund and if I hadn't persisted I don't think I would have seen the money.
I trusted and agreed with Dr. Grifo's advice that we should only transfer a single embryo and that's what we did.
James Grifo

2021, Successful
I was a patient of Dr.DeVore for about a year. It took some time on my end to make the jump from consultation to a successful embryo transfer. As I navigated through elements on my end, she was supportive and never rushed my process...Dr.DeVore's treatment strategy for me yielded four viable embryos after PGT testing and a successful transfer :).
NYU is a well oiled machine. It can get busy and sometimes there can be a wait for morning monitoring but I saw that as a positive- a lot of people choose this clinic for a reason. Try to go as early as possible for monitoring but be patient. No matter what you are in good hands. Also when I had to call for clarification or trouble shooting for any of the medications, the nurses always called me back quickly.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I was a patient of Dr.DeVore for about a year. It took some time on my end to make the jump from consultation to a successful embryo transfer. As I navigated through elements on my end, she was supportive and never rushed my process. When we started treatments she was always honest about what to expect and when any concerns crept up she was able to alleviate them- often by just reminding me to focus on the end game and the facts (but also reminding me its ok to cry and be emotional which I appreciated). An example of this is when i was waiting for my PGT testing to be completed after my egg retrieval and it was suggested that i do another round of IVF. i had not thought about this and got a little emotional over the thought doing another round. I remember crying on the phone and being embarrassed about this. Dr.DeVore talked to me like a friend but also a dr, telling me that I had some time to make a decision and to take that time to think it through.
Pick Dr.DeVore to be your dr and trust her. She has great gut instincts.
Dr.DeVore is incredible. She made it clear that we were partners in this and together we would figure out the best path forward. She called me personally to share any important news and always had candid conversations with me. Dr.DeVore (and her team) never rushed me out of the room or off the phone and always made me feel calm and in control of what was going on, which is pretty amazing considering there is so much in this process which is really not in my control at all.
I don't remember the exact protocols but it mirrored closely the sample schedule and protocols that were provided in earlier consultations. Dr.DeVore's treatment strategy for me yielded four viable embryos after PGT testing and a successful transfer :).
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Emily Hawkins- patient coordinator )
I loved the entire team- both Dr. DeVore's team and at the fertility clinic. Some of my logistics felt complicated and time sensitive at times and Emily was so great about responding quickly and helping me anticipate any obstacles- and reassuring me that everything was going smoothly. I also really appreciated the insurance team which always helped me and were empathic throughout. All the nurses were supportive and helpful along the way as well, answering any and all questions about injections , timing of things, etc.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
All procedures and monitoring was covered but the specific type of insurance I have didn't cover meds. PGT testing wasn't covered either.

2021, Successful
This [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is a well oiled machine with a lot of patients. They definitely know what they are doing. Even though you don’t always see the same doctors or the same nurses, they somehow follow through and make things work seamlessly...Even though at times I felt like just a number, I always got my answers and call backs which changed my mind...
How was your experience with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Berkeley is very knowledgeable in what he does. He took time to explain our situation and what to expect after reviewing all our previous tests. He was very straight forward and honest and backed many of his answers with statistics. My partner and I had a chance to ask a lot of questions and we never felt rushed to end our appointment. Dr. Berkeley was very patient and went above on answering all our questions. Even though I did not see him at every visit, if I had a question, I would call or email his coordinator or assistant who would talk to Dr. Berkeley and find out the answer for me. When I had a hiccup with my treatment and I told one of the nurses, Dr. Berkeley called me to see how I was doing and to ask if I had any questions. I never felt I could not reach out to him, you just need to contact him through his assistant or his coordinator who can schedule a time to talk to him if needed. They were both very efficient and pleasant to deal with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate and if you need to reach out to him, follow through with his assistant or his coordinator. He is a busy doctor but he still takes the time to look at your case if you request it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Berkeley at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Even though the clinic has a large number of patients, all the staff tries to call you by your name and they try to familiarize themselves with your case details before talking to you. If they are not scheduled to talk to you, for example if you miss a nurse’s call and call back, it takes a while to find someone who can answer questions specific to your case as you always talk to a different person. However, if you leave a message with your question, someone usually gets back to you with an answer on the same day
This is a very busy clinic and, with the amount of patients, I was surprised that the nurses took their time to familiarize themselves with your case before seeing you. I asked them questions on every visit, even if it was only for bloodwork and, they were always helpful. If they didn’t know an answer, they would write it down, find out and, get back to you on the same day. My only issue was if I missed a nurse’s call after the morning monitoring, I would call back and it was difficult to talk to a nurse familiar with your case. You would have to leave a message and wait for someone to call you back, which took hours
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This is a well oiled machine with a lot of patients. They definitely know what they are doing. Even though you don’t always see the same doctors or the same nurses, they somehow follow through and make things work seamlessly. I spoke to a nurse who told me that they couldn’t leave for the day before calling all the patients with their test results or to answer their questions. Even though at times I felt like just a number, I always got my answers and call backs which changed my mind.
The morning appointments are usually from 7am to 9am. If you go early enough, the wait it’s not that long, usually around 10 minutes. If you go later in the morning, the wait time is usually longer
Describe Alan Berkeley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr. Berkeley said he only recommended eSET because of the high risk associated with multiple pregnancies, and the fact that tests have improved in the last years, increasing the chances of success with a single embryo transfer
Alan Berkeley
2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Blakemore explained the entire process from the start to the end. She made sure we understood all the risks, benefits, and alternatives of each procedure. She frequently asked if we had any questions throughout each encounter. She made us feel empowered by letting us chose educated decisions regarding our treatments...She was very thorough during our fertility work-up/evaluation...
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone] we absolutely detailed and organized. They were very knowledgeable. Also very kind and patient which is important...Ease of access (1st ave and west side). Entire team was wonderful. Not exactly weakness, but sometimes you will have different nurse and providers for some appointments (not a weakness again, each staff is well updated with your case and history)...
Dr. Jennifer Blakemore is truly a gem of a physician! She is an intelligent doctor with an absolutely wonderful heart. My husband and I are very grateful to Dr. Blakemore and her team for helping us build a family. She made us feel that we belonged to the right place the moment from time of our initial consultation. She was very thorough during our fertility work-up/evaluation. She made sure that my husband and I understood each process and progression of each treatment. I felt truly comfortable and at ease during each procedure. She was always on top of my test results especially during my daily monitoring for my retrievals. She gave us a true sense of hope in this complex world of infertility. We will be forever grateful to her care. We strongly recommend Dr. Blakemore for any future fertility patients.
Always ask questions! She would love to answer them!
Ovulation induction with Letrozole x 2. IUI with letrozole x1 Egg retrieval FET
The nursing staff we absolutely detailed and organized. They were very knowledgeable. Also very kind and patient which is important!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My insurance paid for majority of our treatments but in overall out-of-pocket costs, we spent about $12,000 for including co-pay, PGT-A, embryo biopsy, and medications.

2021, Consult
Dr. Blakemore explained all of this information to me bluntly and honestly but gently...recommended I did not try anything but the old-fashioned way, and then return to her if that didn’t work out. Luckily for me, my partner and I conceived spontaneously. Dr. Blakemore directed me down the path that made her zero profit, because she cares about her patients and their needs....
All the staff at NYU Langone Fertility Clinic was warm, helpful, patient and communicative...Dr. Blakemore recommended I did not try anything but the old-fashioned way, and then return to her if that didn’t work out. Luckily for me, my partner and I conceived spontaneously. Dr. Blakemore directed me down the path that made her zero profit, because she cares about her patients and their needs.
Dr. Blakemore is a wonderful physician and person. I had an unusual fertility journey. Wanting to check in on my fertility, I was referred to Dr. Blakemore by a relative. I found out that I have a very low AMH level for my age, a high FSH, and a blocked Fallopian tube. Dr. Blakemore explained all of this information to me bluntly and honestly but gently, and told me not to worry yet as I was still young and healthy. Finding out this information, I was extremely nervous as I have always really wanted to be a mother. I asked if I should freeze eggs for future children or go through treatments. I would have gone through any process suggested, but Dr. Blakemore recommended I did not try anything but the old-fashioned way, and then return to her if that didn’t work out. Luckily for me, my partner and I conceived spontaneously. Dr. Blakemore directed me down the path that made her zero profit, because she cares about her patients and their needs. I know for a fact she treats patients on a case-by-case basis as my referring relative froze eggs with Dr. Blakemore, whereas I was advised not to due to my DOR and low AMH. I highly recommend this doctor!
Trust Dr. Blakemore’s judgment
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
All the staff at NYU Langone Fertility Clinic was warm, helpful, patient and communicative. I learned a lot about my personal fertility from my consultations with them. I would highly recommend this clinic.

2021, 6 Eggs Frozen
We recommend Dr Blakemore at the highest level. She was so kind, caring, patient, informative, great bedside manner, proactive follow ups with results and next steps. We couldn't have asked for better care...My partner used Menopure and Gonal, and before the retrieval she took a trigger hormone. The results were that we were able to freeze 6 eggs
The [NYU Langone Fertility Center] clinic was cut from the same cloth as Dr. Blakemore - professional, courteous, thorough, informative, and patient. So it was a seamless experience whether we were dealing directly with Dr Blakemore or her staff...cost was $10,000 plus the cost of Rx $250 and anesthesia $650...
no advice, simply encouragement, that he/she is in great hands with a fantastic doctor and you should expect her to make the best of the situation for you.
We recommend Dr Blakemore at the highest level. So kind, caring, patient, informative, great bedside manner, proactive follow ups with results and next steps. Couldn't have asked for better care.
My partner used Menopure and Gonal, and before the retrieval she took a trigger hormone. The results were that we were able to freeze 6 eggs. It wasn't what we hoped for; we hoped for 15 or 20, but that wasn't the Dr's faults.
They were cut from the same cloth as Dr. Blakemore - professional, courteous, thorough, informative, and patient.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic was cut from the same cloth as Dr. Blakemore - professional, courteous, thorough, informative, and patient. So it was a seamless experience whether we were dealing directly with Dr Blakemore or her staff.
cost was $10,000 plus the cost of Rx $250 and anesthesia $650