Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
6405 France Avenue Suite W400
Edina, Minnesota 55435
952-920-2730
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility to a friend?

2 doctors
Clinic [Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility] ran in time. I was able to go on my lunch break for labs and an insem and I didn’t have any problems with them running late. They weren’t necessarily “open” on weekends but they did do IUIs in the morning-you couldn’t get labs drawn or see providers. It was clean and quiet. Staff were friendly.... The NPs did all of my US and IUIs. They were amazing! They were super friendly and able to answer all of my questions. I was so grateful for them
Describe your experience with Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
Clinic ran in time. I was able to go on my lunch break for labs and an insem and I didn’t have any problems with them running late. They weren’t necessarily “open” on weekends but they did do IUIs in the morning-you couldn’t get labs drawn or see providers. It was clean and quiet. Staff were friendly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
I only met with her one time during the 3 cycles of IUI we did. That was disappointing however she had really done her homework on me and seemed to know her stuff
How was your experience with Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
I really enjoyed dr hasseler. The only reasons we switched MDs is their clinic did not do IVF and we were ready to move forward with that. I felt like she truly listened to our needs and explained things in terms we could understand. She took her Time with us. I felt like in that moment we were her only patients and her sole focus was on us. We only saw her for our consultation appointment. All the US and IUIs were don’t by NPs- who were amazing! I know she directed he care from the background and reviewed labs but i wish should would’ve been a little more present during treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
My advice is the same despite who your doctor is... advocate for yourself! You are in charge of your care! If you don’t like something say it, if it is taking to long to Scheudle things or whatever keep pushing, keep calling until it is done the right way!
Describe the protocols Joy Hasseler used in your cycles at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility and their degree of success.
We used oral clomid and ovidrel injections for our first IUI. Then I developed cysts and I requested to switch medications. We then used letrizole and ovidrel for the next two IUIs
Describe Joy Hasseler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
Joy Hasseler
Twin Cities-Edina

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.

2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Immunological
Overall the nursing staff [at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility] was very competent...and compassionate...Dr. Marcus has limited days So his schedule could be booked out for awhile sometimes up to a month. The front desk staff has always been great at trying to find appointments at work or reschedule if needed...Dr. Marcus takes quite a bit of time to explain everything to the patient and really allows for good communication. He also would reschedule his day to fit me in for my D&C’s
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Immunological
Describe your experience with Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Philip Marcus at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
Dr. Marcus takes quite a bit of time to explain everything to the patient and really allows for good communication. He also would reschedule his day to fit me in for my D&C’s.
Overall the nursing staff was very competent, officiant with providing any results, and compassionate.
How was your experience with Philip Marcus at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
Dr. Marcus was brilliant at diagnosing me and a wonderful surgeon for my endometriosis. He was willing to try treatments to address my recurrent miscarriages and was willing to look into all kinds of testing to determine the cause. The only negative would be that his appointments tended to run later and I would often have to wait for him, however this was due to the amount of time spent with his patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Philip Marcus at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
He’s a wonderful Dr. and surgeon And through all of the difficulties we’ve had we always trusted that he his part he was doing everything for the best plan of care. I would suggest however planning your appointments to take longer than at other clinics.
Describe the protocols Philip Marcus used in your cycles at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Marcus performed a Tula laparoscopies and excised my endometriosis. On my second pregnancy after my first loss Dr. Marcus put me on progesterone and baby aspirin. On my last loss to address immune issuesDr. Marcus put me on prednisone, Progesterone, Lovenox and baby aspirin. That pregnancy ended in a trace on me for so was not a good gauge of if the immune treatment would have worked.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Philip Marcus at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
Most of my costs were covered under insurance.
Twin Cities-Edina

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Philip Marcus at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.

3 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Unexplained
While the nurses [at OGI] who did the insemination are good, we did have one IUI where my husband's sperm showed zero motility... and they told us that when I called to say I had my period and needed to schedule the next IUI. Had they told us that after running his sample, we would have asked to submit another sample, not bothered with the IUI that month, or just gone home and had sex. It was incredibly frustrating that they didn't think about telling us that information ahead of time.
3 IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
OGI is big, with lots of options for doctors, and consistently rated one of the best clinics in the state. For my annual exam and endometriosis diagnosis, it was great. For IUI's, so-so. They do not do IVF.
Dr. Hasseler is very knowledgeable on the basics of infertility. While she is my primary care Gyno, I felt on a few occasions that my questions might be unexpected or a slowing her down from other patients.
My biggest criticism of OGI is the nursing staff at the Maple Grove office. I've been a patient in Edina for years, but the MG office is different. They don't communicate the next steps in IUI very well, you always have to ask or just know what you need to do next. While the nurses who did the insemination are good, we did have one IUI where my husband's sperm showed zero motility... and they told us that when I called to say I had my period and needed to schedule the next IUI. Had they told us that after running his sample, we would have asked to submit another sample, not bothered with the IUI that month, or just gone home and had sex. It was incredibly frustrating that they didn't think about telling us that information ahead of time. After that, we asked what his results were before even going in for the insemination appointment. I also had an HCG test there after my first IVF FET that was the worst blood draw I've ever had. First, they dind't have the orders and wanted to do a FSH test on me instead. Second, I've never had a problem with getting blood drawn, but the first nurse couldn't get the needle in my vein at all. She tried my other arm and same problem. A second nurse struggled as well and was ready to go back to the first arm before she finally was able to get the blood drawn.
What specific things went wrong at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility?
She is knowledgeable and understanding of infertility. I believe she is very skilled, and when she did my endometriosis surgery, I felt like she was very thorough and wanted to get answers. Again, I just had a few times where I felt like I was just another patient.
She knows her stuff, but she might not always be warm or the most caring doctor.
We did 4 IUI's with Dr. Hasseler. For IUI you get a baseline on day three, and come back in fro another Follicle Ultrasound on day 12 to check lining and eggs. I presented "textbook" cycles and was able to do a trigger shot on day 12, and come in on day 14 for the insemination for each cycle we completed. First IUI I only used clomid for days 3-7. The second IUI was clomid plus estradiol 1/day . They explained they wanted to make the lining more "sticky" with the estradiol. The third was clomid, plus estradiol 2/day and vaginally and I developed a cyst. The fourth was clomid plus estradiol 2/day vaginally, I did not develop a cyst this time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joy Hasseler at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
We initially had to pay out of pocket for IUIs, and it was around $1,000 total. When we changed insurance, they covered up to three IUIs and it dropped to about $200-$400.
Joy Hasseler

Male Factor, Other
Once Dr. Marcus had his plan in place, the nurses [Obgyn&Infertility] really managed your experience and they seemed almost as invested in my journey as I was....We really got to know each other. And then some of the same nurses did my ultrasounds for my daughter in utero.... I was able to stay with this clinic from infertility to delivering my baby. It was a phenomenal experience. Everyone I encountered was a positive experience.
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
You really understand your plan, and all the nurses, whoever you talk to, understands your plan and works with you to get pregnant, stay pregnant and deliver a health baby. Yes, I was able to stay with this clinic from infertility to delivering my baby. It was a phenomenal experience. Everyone I encountered was a positive experience.
When meeting with Dr. Marcus, he would take so much time to listen to my concerns and describe to me the treatment and path we were moving towards and everything that needed to happen. I felt so taken care of.
Once Dr. Marcus had his plan in place, the nurses really managed your experience and they seemed almost as invested in my journey as I was. especially for me with polycystic ovaries, I had to go in and do ultrasounds almost every day when I was in injectable meds. We really got to know each other. And then some of the same nurses did my ultrasounds for my daughter in utero.
Dr. Marcus knows what he's doing, he may be a bit arrogant and talks a lot, but he really does know what he's doing and if says he'll get you pregnant, I have learned to believe him. He said I would be pregnant within 3 successful cycles and voila, I was pregnant within 3 successful cycles and now have my beautiful baby daughter (it took 8 months to get three successful cycles due to not knowing how my body would react to the meds). I have recommended two close friends go see him. He is the best of the best in the Twin Cities. My sister in law saw him and she had to do IVF, and while his clinic doesn't perform them, he told her to go right to IVF instead of leading her down the wrong path so his clinic could financially benefit. He is extremely trustworthy and up front.
You sometimes have to wait a long time to see him when you have an appointment, but it's because he takes so much time with his patients. and you so appreciate it when you are on the receiving end. Look around the ego, he's the best.
I was 28-29 years old throughout what I described below. After some initial ultrasounds and testing in April and May of 2016, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries (PO) and my husband (age 29-30 throughout this period of time) was diagnosed with a bit of male factor infertility. Important to note, I was not diagnosed with PCOS. Only Polycystic Ovaries. I didn't have the other signs that would lead to a PCOS diagnosis. So the best path forward was to use medications to get my ovaries to grow mature follicles and ovulate and then do an IUI to ensure the best sperm could reach hopefully a viable egg. I swear I have the most stubborn polycystic ovaries. We initially tried Letrozole and I was able to grow 1 mature follicle for my first cycle, ovulate with Ovidrel and do an IUI. It did not result in a pregnancy. We tried two more Letrozole cycles that both ended up being cancelled. I didn't grow a mature follicle with Letrozole again. So we decided to move on to injectables. I did a laparoscopy first to ensure I didn't have other issues with my lady parts. Everything looked perfect. I just had PO. Our first cycle of injectable meds was cancelled. With having PO and using injectable meds for the first time, Dr. Marcus and team had to be conservative and start the med dosage low, since you never know how your body will react. It can be a delicate balance because your docs don't want you to overstimulate which can land you in the hospital. So for that first cycle of injectables, I was unable to grow a mature follicle. The first cycle for me was a good lessons learned cycle... the doctors were able to understand how my body reacts to these meds and course correct. For my second injectable cycle, we started with 75 Menopur days 3-7 and added incremental follistim days 8-15 (ended at 125iu) on top of the Menopur. With daily ultrasounds and monitoring closely, I grew 3 mature follicles and triggered all 3 mature follicles via Ovidrel and completed an IUI. Two weeks later, I took a positive pregnancy test. 9 months later I delivered a healthy, beautiful baby girl who is turning 6 months old as I write this. We have so much more joy and love in our life than I ever thought possible. Now, we are beginning to wrap our minds around the fact that we will be dealing with our infertility again in the future, probably within the next year to hopefully try for another baby and provide our daughter a sibling. While I know I have a pretty good story compared to others, having a child within 5 assisted cycles, at the time, it was extremely emotionally painful and hard. I was a mess and looking at that process again gives me a bit of PTSD, but realizing I'm up for the battle again soon.
Most of my appointments with Dr. Marcus were covered by insurance. What cost the most money (when I ran out of my annual infertility allowance of $2,000) was the almost daily ultrasounds for each cycle ($300 each ultrasound out of pocket) and then the injectable meds - probably cost about $1,500 each cycle.
Describe Philip Marcus's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
Not applicable to me

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Immunological, Unexplained
[The nurses at Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility are] Always great with calling and explaining...It's great. It is a OBGYN office, so that can be hard dealing with recurring loss with bellies, but still worth it. Also, it's attached to the only parking lot in Edina next to the hospital so it costs $3 to park everytime and race over the skyway. A draw back when you are going in for blood work weekly...He [Dr. Philip Marcus] took the time to listen and care for us, even though it made his appointments running super behind.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Obstetrics Gynecology & Infertility.
He took the time to listen and care for us, even though it made his appointments running super behind.
Always great with calling and explaining
Loved his bold and candidness. He is just the best out there for endometriosis and aggressive treatment. We seem to currently be on the recurring loss/immunity issue where he isn't as much of an expert, but very willing to try all types of drugs to help.
Be prepared for him to be SUPER behind, like hours.
Covered by insurance except for sperm analysis