Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1401 Avocado Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949.706.2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend OC Fertility Clinic to a friend?

2 doctors
2019 - 2020
Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
she [Dr. Ghazal] assured me that we will make sure that the treatment plan that we use is working well, and if not adjust it accordingly. She explained that my treatment will be determined by my test results and how my body responds to medications so we can have the best possible outcome...She is very informative about all the risks and possibilities [of Eset]. She will give you her medical opinion, but knows that it is ultimately your decision and will do her best to give you a positive outcome regardless of your choice.
I always feel important and that they [staff at OC Fertility Clinic] care about the outcome of our journey...They all seem to be well educated in their specific "field". They answered any questions I had. They made me feel comfortable while I was there. Everyone has been very quick to respond to phone calls and emails...I was given different options [for cost] based on my situation, so I would say it would depend on your cycle and everything that needs to be done. My IVF cycle total was around $15,000. This does not include medications or any other tests outside of the cycle. Medications can range anywhere from $2,000+ depending on which treatment plan you are on. The positive about these prices (in my opinion) is that it is significantly less than my previous clinic and I feel that I am getting better care here at OC Fertility.
2019 - 2020
Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Sanaz Ghazal at OC Fertility Clinic?
From the moment I sent the email to her for a consultation she made me feel so comfortable. I was going through my second miscarriage at that time, and my previous doctor made me feel like a number. There was no sympathy or compassion. I contacted her before my miscarriage was even complete because I knew I was not going back to my previous doctor. She quickly responded to my email with condolences and empathy toward my situation. She set up a consultation just to hear my story and decide on the next steps, which I found very comforting. The fact that she was interested in hearing my story meant so much to me. The day I went in for my consultation, she immediately gave me a hug and told me how sorry she was for what I was going through. She listened to my story, and didn't interrupt me. After that we set up a follow up consult (so my husband could attend) to discuss the next steps and future plans. During our conversation she was so honest and informative about everything, but also gentle with how she delivered it. She said that she was personally handling all the ultrasounds, test results, and transfers. I LOVED this because it ensured that I would receive all the information and receive it truthfully. She showed me all of my test results and explained everything in great detail, and how each of those tests help determine our next steps. Things that my previous doctor never did. She showed me that I had a fibroid on my uterus and a cyst on an ovary that I was not informed of from my previous doctor. Thankfully she told me that she wasn't concerned about them, but we would keep an eye on them. It was just nice to know about those 1) because it's regarding my body and health which is important to know about in general, and 2) I can have all the facts about my situation to better understand what my next steps need to be. After she thoroughly answered all of my questions she explained that she wanted to do some additional tests since I had recurring miscarriages. We also needed to transfer all medical records and my last embryo to her office. This was an easy and hassle-free transition as her office did most of the work behind the scenes. We discussed our options and made a decision which unfortunately has been put on hold due to this virus. The entire process from initial consult to where we are now has been so easy and comfortable. We have spent so much on this process already, which unfortunately I feel was wasted with my previous doctor. I like to call this ivf process our "journey" because it's like any journey you take. There are up's and down's, hills and mountains to climb, rough roads to take, deep waters to swim through, but it's better to go through those with someone you can rely on to help you through them. I am confident that in the end my journey will have been worth every penny while working with Dr. Ghazal. I look forward to continuing my journey with her and her team! God bless her and OC Fertility!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sanaz Ghazal at OC Fertility Clinic?
Don't be afraid to ask her as many questions as you need. She is there to answer them and to help you through this time. She will make sure you feel comfortable and well informed before you even leave her office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanaz Ghazal at OC Fertility Clinic?
Everyone was very kind and compassionate. They checked on me and made sure that I got results back in a timely manner. I always feel important and that they care about the outcome of our journey. Dr. Ghazal is personally handling my journey through direct conversation, ultrasounds, transfer, and everything between. My last doctor was not usually available. Always was late or had schedule conflicts. Dr. Ghazal and her team try their best to ensure that this doesn't happen. I love the fact that I can contact her directly and she responds quickly. All these things make me feel like Dr. Ghazal and everyone at OC Fertility care about me and my journey.
Describe the protocols Sanaz Ghazal used in your cycles at OC Fertility Clinic and their degree of success.
At this time we are at the beginning of my cycle, so I can not answer this just yet. I can say that she assured me that we will make sure that the treatment plan that we use is working well, and if not adjust it accordingly. She explained that my treatment will be determined by my test results and how my body responds to medications so we can have the best possible outcome.
Everyone in the clinic has been so caring and compassionate. They all seem to be well educated in their specific "field". They answered any questions I had. They made me feel comfortable while I was there. Everyone has been very quick to respond to phone calls and emails. I can't speak enough good things about them, and we've only just begun!
Describe your experience with OC Fertility Clinic.
Right now I have no weaknesses to speak about. I don't think there are any, but as I have said, we are just at the beginning of our journey with OC Fertility. I have only positive comments about them. Everything has been so wonderful with them. I honestly wish that I had transferred with Dr. Ghazal to her new location before now.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanaz Ghazal at OC Fertility Clinic.
I was given different options based on my situation, so I would say it would depend on your cycle and everything that needs to be done. My IVF cycle total was around $15,000. This does not include medications or any other tests outside of the cycle. Medications can range anywhere from $2,000+ depending on which treatment plan you are on. The positive about these prices (in my opinion) is that it is significantly less than my previous clinic and I feel that I am getting better care here at OC Fertility.
Describe Sanaz Ghazal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at OC Fertility Clinic.
She is very informative about all the risks and possibilities. She will give you her medical opinion, but knows that it is ultimately your decision and will do her best to give you a positive outcome regardless of your choice.
Sanaz Ghazal

2014 - 2020
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
My experience with Dr. Moayeri is a refreshing one, and one of much relief after the poor experiences my husband and I encountered with other physicians...I was given a 0% chance of conceiving, and Dr. Moayeri took on that challenge -successfully- and gave us hope once again. Additionally, without her tenacity and professionalism, we would not have been able to have our procedures covered by my insurance. Her continued support, medication loans, and advocacy on our behalf made it clear to the insurance company that we were not going to go down without a fight.
The nursing staff [at OC Fertility] is sensitive, are tenacious advocates for their patients, and very knowledgeable. The staff and Dr. Moayeri take every birth and loss personally. They grieve and celebrate along with their patients as they experience the pain of miscarriages and the joys of live births...One of the many strengths of the clinic is organization. Every appointment begins and ends on time without compromising quality, humanism, and care. An area of improvement would be to increase patient parking. The limited parking is understandably an issue out of their control, but maybe a solution can be reached by collaborating with other physicians in the building.
2014 - 2020
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Sharon E. Moayeri at OC Fertility Clinic?
My experience with Dr. Moayeri is a refreshing one, and one of much relief after the poor experiences my husband and I encountered with other physicians. Before Dr. Moayeri, I had been discouraged from pursuing motherhood by other insensitive physicians. I was given a 0% chance of conceiving, and Dr. Moayeri took on that challenge -successfully- and gave us hope once again. Additionally, without her tenacity and professionalism, we would not have been able to have our procedures covered by my insurance. Her continued support, medication loans, and advocacy on our behalf made it clear to the insurance company that we were not going to go down without a fight. A fight we ultimately won!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sharon E. Moayeri at OC Fertility Clinic?
Trust the process and trust Dr. Moayeri's instructions. She is a true artist in her craft and will exhaust all possibilities before giving up. Going through infertility treatment is an emotional roller coaster, but Dr. Moayeri will not let you ride it alone. She will be your personal cheerleader and hold your hand through all the ups, downs, and loops.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sharon E. Moayeri at OC Fertility Clinic?
Every consultation was more than your typical doctor's visit. My husband and I felt supported, educated, and well informed every step of the way. Sitting down with her was like sitting down with a friend full of compassion, sympathy, and a passion for bringing our dream of parenthood to fruition. During one of our many cycles, we experienced the unfortunate passing of my father. Dr. Moayeri demonstrated concern for my well being during this trying time by calling me every day to offer her help as a friend and physician.
Describe the protocols Sharon E. Moayeri used in your cycles at OC Fertility Clinic and their degree of success.
My cycles with Dr. Moayeri were all IUIs. Due to clotting issues and uterine infections, cycles were preceded by bacteria-specific antibiotics as well as D-dimer and other serum tests to prepare for a healthy pregnancy. My husband was referred to an endocrinologist to treat a pituitary issue that Dr. Moayeri suspected was causing his high FSH and prolactin levels and subsequently, his low sperm count. Thanks to Dr. Moayeri's excellent detective work, my husband is now under treatment, is doing much better, and we continue to work towards a second baby.
The nursing staff is sensitive, are tenacious advocates for their patients, and very knowledgeable. The staff and Dr. Moayeri take every birth and loss personally. They grieve and celebrate along with their patients as they experience the pain of miscarriages and the joys of live births.
Describe your experience with OC Fertility Clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sharon E. Moayeri at OC Fertility Clinic.
One full cycle of co-payments = $120
Describe Sharon E. Moayeri's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at OC Fertility Clinic.
What specific things went wrong at OC Fertility Clinic?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at OC Fertility Clinic.
My HCG prescription was accidentally sent to a CVS pharmacy in my chart instead of a compounding pharmacy, also in my chart.
Newport Beach

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sharon E. Moayeri at OC Fertility Clinic.

During the retrieval process I didn’t have much of an issue with doctor but when it came to time for the transfer she had lost my first and best embryo during the procedure. Not only was there no follow up from the doctor [Dr. Moayeri] regarding the situation but there wasn’t much of an apology or compensation for my loss. ... The doctor didn’t have the best bedside manner but didn’t sugar coat anything as well.
Nursing team did not communicate changes in dose appropriately. Prescriptions were sometimes missed. ... The nursing staff is the weakest link at this clinic [OC Fertility]. Until they can get that fixed I don’t know if I would be recommending any new patients to this clinic. They are the heart of your treatment process and at most times the only one you are communicating with regards to your treatment and concerns, since you hardly ever receive any communication from the doctor herself.
How was your experience with Sharon E. Moayeri at OC Fertility Clinic?
The doctor didn’t have the best bedside manner but didn’t sugar coat anything as well. During the retrieval process I didn’t have much of an issue with doctor but when it came to time for the transfer she had lost my first and best embryo during the procedure. Not only was there no follow up from the doctor regarding the situation but there wasn’t much of an apology or compensation for my loss.
Not the best doctor to see if you want someone that is empathetic to you. But she might be someone you might want to see if you need a second opinion or a different insight on your treatment.
She was the second doctor I did a retrieval with and I don’t remember the specifics to the medication protocol but I do remember she did take a different approach but also emphasized the importance of diet and supplements that should be taken before and during the treatment. The results were a lot better with Dr Moayeri. Previously I had 27 eggs retrieved resulting in 4 embryos. But with Dr Moayeri I had 39 eggs retrieved and 16 embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at OC Fertility Clinic. (Assigned nurse: Amanda )
No communication from the nurses. I would have to constantly call and follow up about results and med doses. When I would leave a message for a call back most times I would never get a follow up call. Ultimately resulting in me having to make multiple calls. When asked why I wasn’t receiving appropriate communications, I would get an excuse that a call was made and a message was left, when clearly there were no messages left at any of the phone numbers or email that was provided.
Describe your experience with OC Fertility Clinic.
The nursing staff is the weakest link at this clinic. Until they can get that fixed I don’t know if I would be recommending any new patients to this clinic. They are the heart of your treatment process and at most times the only one you are communicating with regards to your treatment and concerns, since you hardly ever receive any communication from the doctor herself.
Costs are high even with insurance
She definitely leaves the decision up to you. When asked for a professional opinion for your situation, she would just state all the possible risks and tell you to do your research and make the decision. In the future when asked for her professional opinion based on my record and treatment, I would appreciate more of a specific opinion and advice.
What specific things went wrong at OC Fertility Clinic?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at OC Fertility Clinic.
Nursing team did not communicate changes in dose appropriately. Prescriptions were sometimes missed. The doctor lost the first and best embryo I had. Resulting in having to go with a lower grade embryo.

9 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Moayeri is knowledgeable, with good bedside manner and who will be truthful about the process, possible issues and expectations. Dr. Moayeri and her staff will guide you every step of the way and make the process seamless...[she] indicated she would only transfer one embryo at a time...is an expert communicator with genuine compassion and it was calming-like talking to a friend. Honest, knowledgeable and kind. I would recommend her wholeheartedly to anyone with fertility issues.
I do remember being taught by the staff [at OC Fertility Clinic] how to self administer the injections, the nurses took my blood, walked me to the room to track the egg count, would call to ensure everything was ok and they also helped me obtain the financial help I needed for the procedure...The cost of medicine, doctors visits, blood drawn, egg retrieval were approximately $13,000. The cost for yearly maintenance of egg freezing is $550...Strengths: knowledgeable doctors and staff, kind, and will guide the patient from teaching them how to do injections to filling out the financial assistance forms. Weaknesses: a few times I waited more than 15-20 minutes in the waiting area.
9 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
How was your experience with Sharon E. Moayeri at OC Fertility Clinic?
Dr. Moayeri was very honest and forthcoming about egg retrieval, success of a healthy embryo for someone my age (41) with no previous pregnancies and history of cancer. She was delicate in explaining the situation but honest and consulted with my oncologist. She guided me through the steps and I was keenly aware of my expectations. After having cancer, it’s like having PTSD every time you see a doctor. Dr. Maoyeri is an expert communicator with genuine compassion and it was calming-like talking to a friend. Honest, knowledgeable and kind. I would recommend her wholeheartedly to anyone with fertility issues.
I had recently undergone a lumpectomy, and the staff was empathetic, kind and always helpful with my numerous questions. It was difficult - emotionally, and everyone made the experience a lot smoother.
I don’t remember specifics-mostly because I had just had a lumpectomy and was going to start radiation treatments. Running from doctors appointments every other day. I do remember being taught by the staff how to self administer the injections, the nurses took my blood, walked me to the room to track the egg count, would call to ensure everything was ok and they also helped me obtain the financial help I needed for the procedure.
Nurses were there to help, from teaching me to self administer the injections, sent me video links, called me daily and were very very kind.
Describe your experience with OC Fertility Clinic.
No embryo transfer Gad taken place yet. However Dr. Moayeri indicated she would only transfer one embryo at a time.
Newport Beach

At our very first appointment, she [Dr. Sharon Moayeri] immediately put my mind at ease. I was hesitant to take birth control as part of my IVF protocol, and she assured me that she prefers to have her patients cycle naturally, and works around their cycles for all appointments and retrieval’s. That made me feel like I wasn’t just a number...At retrieval we got 13 eggs, 9 fertilized and 8 made it to day 5. However, only 1 made it to biopsy for PGS testing. I have low AMH, so this was not surprising. We are waiting on the PGS results before we implant.
There were times I was confused or didn’t understand something in my protocol, and I was able to call and get all of my questions answered very timely and easily...The nursing staff at OC Fertility is fantastic! They are so kind, thurough, and helpful. They take time to get to know you beyond infertility, and give so many suggestions and helpful tips for surviving the treatments. They always are willing to answer any questions, and call to make sure things are going well.
European, Other
How was your experience with Sharon E. Moayeri at OC Fertility Clinic?
I have been very satisfied with my time at OC Fertility, and would highly recommend them to others. Dr. Moayeri is very thurough, and I appreciate the time she takes to answer all of my questions, and make sure that I understand and am comfortable with every step of the processes, for both IUI and IVF.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
At our very first appointment, she immediately put my mind at ease. I was hesitant to take birth control as part of my IVF protocol, and she assured me that she prefers to have her patients cycle naturally, and works around their cycles for all appointments and retrieval’s. That made me feel like I wasn’t just a number.
My first 2 IUI’s I took Clomid, and responded well to it, with 4 follicles each time. After those were unsuccessful, we tried 1 cycle with Femara, and I also responded well with 4 follicles. The IUI was unsuccessful, and for the final IUI I did 150iu of GonalF injections along with the Clomid. That cycle I only produced 1 follicle and we decided to do 2 IUI’s, which were unsuccessful. After that, we decided to move forward with IVF, and are in between retrieval and transfer currently. For my IVF protocol, I had 2 vials of Menopur, Clomid, and 450iu Gonal F. I responded well and had 8 follicles. At retrieval we got 13 eggs, 9 fertilized and 8 made it to day 5. However, only 1 made it to biopsy for PGS testing. I have low AMH, so this was not surprising. We are waiting on the PGS results before we implant.
Describe your experience with OC Fertility Clinic.
The clinic is really great, and I have nothing but s positive experience. There were times I was confused or didn’t understand something in my protocol, and I was able to call and get all of my questions answered very timely and easily.
Our total costs, including all monitoring appointments, medicstions, procedures, etc. was right at $30,000 for IVF. Each of the IUI cycles was around $1,000, including medication.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I have had a wonderful experience so far with Dr. Moayeri. From the very first appointment, I liked her confidence (without being arrogant) and her level of expertise in fertility. She explains tests and procedures really well, and is also good at explaining WHY she is performing any diagnostic procedure... For example, she did not hesitate or beat around the bush when she recommended that we consider using donor sperm as a back-up plan. However, she was very empathetic and it did not come across as offensive
OC Fertility isn't big. It was smaller than I expected, but I think it's totally sufficient. It did not have the feel of a hospital, which hopefully puts people at ease. It felt more personal. During one visit, there were a lot of patients (which I think is unusual for them) but the clinic didn't feel cramped and they didn't make me feel rushed. .... Susie, the financial coordinator, is also super nice and really organized. We are paying a lot of money for IVF but the payment process was really simple and clear. She explained the fees in detail with an easy to understand fee schedule.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Sharon E. Moayeri at OC Fertility Clinic?
I have had a wonderful experience so far with Dr. Moayeri. From the very first appointment, I liked her confidence (without being arrogant) and her level of expertise in fertility. She explains tests and procedures really well, and is also good at explaining WHY she is performing any diagnostic procedure. She is also really really thorough, which is something that is really important to me. I also think she is more on the candid side, which I prefer. For example, she did not hesitate or beat around the bush when she recommended that we consider using donor sperm as a back-up plan. However, she was very empathetic and it did not come across as offensive. I sincerely believe that she wants the best outcome for me and my husband. I'm not sure if this counts as a weakness but I think that most of the detailed IVF information was provided to us through their paperwork that we were given before starting IVF. For example, we didn't discuss statistics, risks, and the details of IVF (what each medication does) with Dr. Moayeri. I think we had a brief conversation about it. However, I know I could have scheduled an appointment to have that discussion with her. The information I already had about IVF was sufficient for me since I also did a lot of research. Their paperwork was also really thorough and complete so I didn't have any questions about IVF when it was time to pay for my cycle. For those of you who need to get your information verbally from your doctor, you may need to ask for that explicitly. I trusted her and did not feel the need to question her about every detail. I had more than enough information. The one thing I did not do (and chose not to do) was to ask about her success rate (e.g. live birth rate). Some of this information is available online through the CDC website but I know the data is sparse. Dr. Moayeri is with CCRM, which is a renowned fertility clinic. I think there is a good reason why CCRM is working with Dr. Moayeri. Initially, I did have some concerns that I didn't choose the "best" reproductive endocrinologist (someone with the best success rates), but I chose to stick with Dr. Moayeri.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you feel like you need more information or clarification
Dr. Moayeri treated me with respect and answered any questions that I had, both thoughtfully and kindly. Her staff were also warm, kind, always helpful, and really knowledgeable. On the day of my egg retrieval, she was so reassuring and helped put me at ease right before anesthesia.
I was put on the antagonist protocol which consisted of Menopur, Follistim, and dexamethasone (0.5 mg) for 12 days, Ganirelix starting day 7, Pregnyl on day 12, and egg retrieval on day 14. I went in for ultrasounds +/-bloodwork (did not always need bloodwork), which became more frequent towards the end. There is another doctor at the practice who performed a few of my ultrasounds (because Dr. Moayeri was doing a procedure) but as I neared the end of the IVF cycle, Dr. Moayeri later reviewed the ultrasounds to double check my protocol. They always called me in the afternoon after the ultrasound to let me know if any changes needed to be made. The only change they made was to delay my egg retrieval by one day. Dr. Moayeri was able to retrieve 15 eggs! As far as side effects go, I had some mild bruising on injection sites, started getting more tired, felt bloated during the final week, and some mild tenderness/pain in what I assume were my ovaries as the follicles got really big.
Describe your experience with your nurse at OC Fertility Clinic. (Assigned nurse: Treena)
Treena is WONDERFUL. She is super organized, explained the IVF protocol in good detail (including med administration), and is incredibly nice. She really helped me feel at ease about the whole process and was so reassuring about everything. She didn't candy coat everything and prepared me adequately. For example, she warned me that Menopur might sting (which it did!). She also gave me a great tip, which was to ice the injection site beforehand so that I don't feel the needle going in. It totally worked! Treena is also super prompt at responding to emails/questions. Susie, the financial coordinator, is also super nice and really organized. We are paying a lot of money for IVF but the payment process was really simple and clear. She explained the fees in detail with an easy to understand fee schedule. There were no surprises when it was time to pay up. The rest of the nursing staff were all really great. Blood draws were quick and easy and I had no issues with scheduling appointments. Everyone was really courteous, professional, and respectful. The one negative feedback I have is that a couple of my messages/questions were not relayed to Treena so I had to email Treena directly. I also wanted to mention that Dr. Moayeri's nursing staff at CCRM Orange County (where they did my egg retrieval) were phenomenal. I was so nervous about getting an IV catheter and going under anesthesia, but the entire process was so smooth. Everyone was so nice. The nurse who took care of me brought me a warm blanket, put me at ease while I got my IV catheter, and brought me a heating pad after the egg retrieval. It's not just about the doctor, but also the support staff. OC Fertility and CCRM Orange County have a great support staff.
Describe your experience with OC Fertility Clinic.
OC Fertility isn't big. It was smaller than I expected, but I think it's totally sufficient. It did not have the feel of a hospital, which hopefully puts people at ease. It felt more personal. During one visit, there were a lot of patients (which I think is unusual for them) but the clinic didn't feel cramped and they didn't make me feel rushed. CCRM Orange County was really nice. I was there only for my egg retrieval but the facility was quite shiny and new. Despite it looking so fancy, the people were really personable and friendly so it didn't feel intimidating at all.
IVF cycle costs about $15k Not included in fee to OC Fertility/CCRM - IVF stim meds (paid to pharmacy directly) - ~$5k for me - CCS analysis of embryo cells - depends on the number of embryos Frozen embryo transfer is a separate fee of ~$5k
Dr. Moayeri asked me about my preferences and I told her I wanted a single embryo transfer to minimize any risk to myself or the baby. We didn't discuss it further after that. I had already read about the risks of multiple embryo transfer and was also given that information from Dr. Moayeri (via paperwork). I do not know what Dr. Moayeri's preferences or recommendations are in general.