Offices for Fertility & Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
51 East 67th St
212.535.5350
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Offices for Fertility & Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 1Neutral: 18.5
4.5
2 doctors
Very small place, there are not too many patient rooms so there is a bit of a wait for rooms and doctor. Facilities are overall very clean. Everything is done in house. Only thing I would say is that I paid out of pocket for my treatment (insurance wouldn’t cover me for own egg IVF cycle) and OFRM demanded full payment for the complete cycle ahead. Since there was not embryo transfer I overpaid and I took me over 3 months for them to refund me the amount of the cycle I had not used which was over 10k.
Describe your experience with Offices for Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cecilia Schmidt-Sarosi at Offices for Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
The practice is small and the staff attention is more personalized than in other practices. They seem more human than the other 2 doctors I have been to. Unfortunately they are not covered with all insurances
Describe your experience with your nurse at Offices for Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Marina )
They were patient and communicated well and often
How was your experience with Cecilia Schmidt-Sarosi at Offices for Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Schmidt Sarosi has excellent bedside manner and takes time to explain everything in detail using diagrams and available material. She explained the procedure pre and post facto to me and my husband. in our case I believe she tried to do everything she could to progress the IVF cycle but it didn’t work for other reasons outside of her realm. Sometime it may be a little hard to follow her given the technical terms but for the most part she is easy to understand.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cecilia Schmidt-Sarosi at Offices for Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure you check whether you are covered with the insurance
Describe the protocols Cecilia Schmidt-Sarosi used in your cycles at Offices for Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
She tried to maximize my egg retrieval to as many eggs I could produce this my meds cycle lasted an additional 1-2 extra days than most standard patients. She used a heavier mix of meds in the last couple of days to ensure full egg development
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cecilia Schmidt-Sarosi at Offices for Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Cycle is about 18,000 of which I used only 9,900 for the retrieval and fertilization. There was no transfer
Describe Cecilia Schmidt-Sarosi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Offices for Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
No egg transfer
Cecilia Schmidt-Sarosi
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Since OFRM is such a small clinic, you get very personalized treatment and responses from the staff. It might not be the best place if you eventually need an egg donor because it is a small practice unless you are willing to bring a donor in or select frozen donor eggs to use. It's a great place to go if you can use your own eggs...IUI procedure $700. IVF procedure with meds around $15,000. Insurance copays for all office visits and blood tests - extra.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Offices for Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
OFRM is a very small practice so the staff knows everyone. Dr. Schmidt is a very warm person with good bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Offices for Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Marina)
They always got back to me right away when I phoned in with a question. All the nursing staff at OFRM are lovely and personable.
Dr. Schmidt is a very warm, friendly person with excellent bedside manner. She's very optimistic with fertility treatment. She will show you what you want to know and will disclose your numbers if you ask.
Dr. Schmidt is perhaps too optimistic in the way she presents treatment and we only discussed negative outcomes when we crossed that bridge.
For my very first treatment, Dr. Schmidt said it's the Clomid Challenge and didn't explain what that meant in terms of being prepared to start fertility treatment, eventhough I understood my follicles were being monitored. It ended up being a rush to have sperm in the office ready for IUI. Subsequent IUIs and IVF went more smoothly after I knew what to expect.
Cecilia Schmidt-Sarosi