Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
4830 Knightsbridge Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43214
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ohio Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

7.3

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Londra always makes sure my questions are answered. She speaks to me by name and she is very attentive to my needs. She explains treatments and recommendations thoroughly and eases my mind when worried about outcomes...She always makes sure were on the same page before we're done speaking and that my questions are answered. My very first appointment she came in with tears in her eyes and I've seen her like that a handful of times since. She's very compassionate and empathetic. She's also been very thorough in my treatment plans and testing thus far. New Patient Advice
The IVF nursing team [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] is amazing. They do drop the ball every now and then but it is quickly remedied upon a phone call. Dr. Londras nursing staff is hit and miss. When I first started with the clinic I had a nurse who was great! She then went on to being an IVF coordinator. The nurse(s) that took over for her is getting better but I usually call her with my lab results and updates to schedule my next steps rather than vice versa...If you're IVF, don't try to be the first person there for morning blood work, and expect a long wait on a Monday. The lab is same day results. Itsba contract company/third party so enroll in their EHR system to see your results as well. Sometimes you'll have to wait a few days to get your ultrasound and lab work added to your portal so ask questions at your appointment if you're curious. Also, make sure you have the receptionists extension in case you need it. Clinic Errors
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
She's very direct but can be hard to understand if she talks quickly due to her accent. However, I dont see that as a weakness or drawback. She always makes sure were on the same page before we're done speaking and that my questions are answered. My very first appointment she came in with tears in her eyes and I've seen her like that a handful of times since. She's very compassionate and empathetic. She's also been very thorough in my treatment plans and testing thus far.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Listen carefully and don't be afraid to ask questions and voice your concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Laura Londra used in your cycles at Ohio Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I did 3 medicated IUIs with her and one medicated timed intercourse cycle. Letrozole was used 3-7 with cycle monitoring and a trigger shot. Sperm samples were given the day of IUIs and we always went over the sample specifics prior to each IUI. Booster shots were administered 7dpiui as I have an allergy to progesterone suppositories. Letrozole is better for patients with endometriosis and I was previously unresponsive to both Clomid and Femara/Letrozole. These resulted in no pregnancies. IVF began shortly after the last failed IUI. I was on the antagonist protocol: Gonal F started CD3. I stimmed for 14 days, used Cetrotide for 7 and triggered with Novarel and Lupron Trigger. I did not proceed with PGS testing. My meds were increased a few days into stimming as I was slowly responding. 4 five-day blastocysts came from this retrevial cycle. A fresh transfer was done and PIO was also used. One embryo was transferred and resulted in a pregnancy. However, it was an early miscarriage (approximately 7 weeks)/ chemical pregnancy as it was not seen on an ultrasound, only confirmed by betas. After a new cycle started we did a GEEP protocol: 28 active birth control pills, a bleed, 30 days lupron, delestrogen shots twice a week 2 weeks before transfer, and PIO beginning the week before transfer. This transfer was unsuccessful. It was done to suppress ovulation and medicinally manipulate the cycle to give the best environment for an embryo. After that cycle Dr. Londra recommended a endometrial biopsy (scratch) in an unmedicated cycle. That was completed and normal. We are now in the middle of a "natural" FET cycle: Letrozole 3-7, a trigger, and PIO. We will transfer one embryo as Dr. Londra and ORM recommend against transferring multiple embryos due to the risks of multiple pregnancies.
The IVF nursing team is amazing. They do drop the ball every now and then but it is quickly remedied upon a phone call. Dr. Londras nursing staff is hit and miss. When I first started with the clinic I had a nurse who was great! She then went on to being an IVF coordinator. The nurse(s) that took over for her is getting better but I usually call her with my lab results and updates to schedule my next steps rather than vice versa.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
For IVF its first come first serve. So, women who started their cycles on the weekend makes for a crazy and hectic Monday. The rest of the week isn't so bad but can be a little time consuming. For IUIs it was a scheduled time slot rather than the hour or so designated strictly to IVF patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Costs varied by insurance coverage so it would be hard to dictate. General range with my coverage for IUI was around $400 per cycle including meds, labs, and insemination. IVF was too involved but ran around $5,000 including all meds, ultrasounds, surgery, preservation, etc. FET was around $400-$900 depending on the protocol with meds. Out of pocket is reasonable as well. The clinic has a price list.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
As previously stated, results are sometimes delayed on being reported to you. If you enroll in the EHR system with the lab company this is avoided.
Columbus

At the initial consult she [Dr. Elizabeth Kennard] told me I was healthy, looked great, my husbands sperm count looked great and there should be no issues. Our first IUI with her she didn’t say anything to me, was very ruff with the procedure. I had questions after and she told me to talk to the nurse. VERY VERY cold!!!! She did not discuss my husbands numbers at the IUI or give me any information al at.
This clinic [Ohio Reproductive Med] did not run ANY tests on me. No blood work done at all!! The clinic I went to after this one did annintial ultrasound and they did blood work and it turned out I have a low ovarian reserve and my husband has motility and morphology issues! This would have been important to know going into the 3 IUIs. I could have saved myself $2000 by skipping IUI and going straight into IVf
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Again, she was very very very cold. She never had time for me or time to answer any questions. I saw her with my first IUI but the two after that I saw different doctor each time, who didn’t know my case or my treatment plan. I was sad leaving there everytime because I felt like I didn’t know what was happening and each time I had a failed IUI I was even more depressed because I didn’t think anything was wrong with me
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Do not go there and do not see her.Very cold and doesn’t care about getting you pregnant
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
At the initial consult she told me I was healthy, looked great, my husbands sperm count looked great and there should be no issues. Our first IUI with her she didn’t say anything to me, was very ruff with the procedure. I had questions after and she told me to talk to the nurse. VERY VERY cold!!!! She did not discuss my husbands numbers at the IUI or give me any information al at.
Describe the protocols Elizabeth Kennard used in your cycles at Ohio Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
She told me IUI would work, after 3 failed ones, I had another consult Because I couldn’t get her to answer questions in the office. She told me about IUI with IVF meds and then IVF. She never discussed anything else. Gave me a packet and told me to look into it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Nurse gave me information on how to get a discount on medicine for IVF which I really liked but when I called her to tell her I started my period after the failed IUIs and asked why or asked about taking naproxen she was very very cold to me. And told me I might never know why I can’t get pregnant in a sassy voice. When in this profession, I expect a lot of compassion
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is set up weird and can get lost easily. They are cheaper than the other clinic in Ohio which is a strength, however, they are less organized, their lab is terrible and I have several friends who have lost all their embryos there. They have lower success rates than the other clinic in Columbus too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covered some of the office visits, co-pay $30, the ultrasounds were $149 each time after insurance, the IUIs were $381 each, the MSG proceedure was $200 after insurance. I did not do IVF here but the packet stated meds ranged from 3k-6k and the screenings were $1000 and labs were $1000, $7186 IVF other
Describe Elizabeth Kennard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Told me they would only allow 1 embryo transfer at a time but didn’t tell me why this was the case. I knew friends who went here who hd multiple but they told me I would only be allowed to have 1 at a time transferred
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic did not run ANY tests on me. No blood work done at all!! The clinic I went to after this one did annintial ultrasound and they did blood work and it turned out I have a low ovarian reserve and my husband has motility and morphology issues! This would have been important to know going into the 3 IUIs. I could have saved myself $2000 by skipping IUI and going straight into IVf
Columbus

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.

2017 - 2020
Dr. Londra is very empathetic and wants her patients to succeed. The only “weakness” would be communication but only because she has a small accent. Sometimes you have to have her repeat things. Her strengths would really be that she is thorough in explanation and actually shows she cares...In each IUI treatment we used letrozole as opposed to clomid because it is supposed to have higher results. We also used the trigger shot in each procedure. I would see her around day 10 to get an estimate as to when the trigger was needed to then do the insemination. On the last cycle, to increase my growth and count in follicles, she added injectables to the regiment. Each attempt, there was 3 total, was unsuccessful. Eventually, with the low number of samples I have left and a low AMH, it was determined that IVF would be the best way to go.
Arrive a little early to get checked in [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine]. Strengths: clean environment and friendly staff. Weakness: The location is a little difficult to find the first time but it is conveniently located next to a sperm/collection center. Parking can be bad during prime hours...Everyone has always been so caring and empathetic to my situation especially Dr. Londra...The nursing staff was never really the same. They would typically show me my room and then page Dr. Londra. I can say that I have not had an unpleasant experience at the clinic. Clinic Errors
2017 - 2020
How was your experience with Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Be patient with her. She can be a bit hard to understand in a hurry.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sally but now Andrea)
When I started the process Sally was my nurse coordinator. She was sweet, empathetic, compassionate and responsive. After Sally retired, Andrea became the new coordinator. Andrea has all the same characteristics as Sally and an amazing amount of patience when it comes to answering my 20 questions. The nursing staff was never really the same. They would typically show me my room and then page Dr. Londra. I can say that I have not had an unpleasant experience at the clinic.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Arrive a little early to get checked in. Strengths: clean environment and friendly staff. Weakness: The location is a little difficult to find the first time but it is conveniently located next to a sperm/collection center. Parking can be bad during prime hours.
It costs $383 per IUI attempt. It ran me $30 each time to visit Londra. Clomid was like $4 the trigger shot was $100. Injectables were $900 but I applied for and received a discount code for 75% off my shots.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I have had blood draws completed that I was not called about right away. I had to contact them to find out the information.
Columbus

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained, Other
She [Dr. Rossi] gives me realistic hope...When she isn't sure, she tells my why she wasn't sure about something and walks me through her decision-making process. When she is sure, she would explain the medical research behind it. She injects humor when needed, acknowledges my feelings and fears even before I did, has called me personally a number of times for consolation and advice, and has shared recent research she had done on my behalf. The day I was supposed to stop ovarian stimulation meds and do my trigger shot for my first retrieval, I freaked out over how low my estrogen was and calle
I had good experiences with the nursing staff [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine]. My calls were always returned same day (if I called in the morning) or next day (if I called later on). They would upload critical test results same day into my online portal. Recently, they've had turnover in the IVF nurse department and the new ones are more disorganized and lack knowledge (they have to constantly go ask questions). I've had to call more and get more clarification than I did before. Clinic Errors
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Brooke Rossi at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Rossi has been utterly fantastic. She never gives me false hope but helps me feel optimistic at the same time. When she isn't sure, she tells my why she wasn't sure about something and walks me through her decision-making process. When she is sure, she would explain the medical research behind it. She injects humor when needed, acknowledges my feelings and fears even before I did, has called me personally a number of times for consolation and advice, and has shared recent research she had done on my behalf. The day I was supposed to stop ovarian stimulation meds and do my trigger shot for my first retrieval, I freaked out over how low my estrogen was and called the after-hours line. She took the call, listened to my concerns, let me cry, and then actually tweaked my protocol and had me do one more round of shots-which I really think did make a difference for my number of eggs ready! When I had my miscarriage from that cycle, she was so empathetic and professional and really handled it better than I could have imagined. We have had issues with my poor response since then, and she has really collaborated with me every step of the way. I really believe that she will help me get there! Go see her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brooke Rossi at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Be honest and open about what you want and need-she will listen to you. Trust her judgment but also trust yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brooke Rossi at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
She called me personally when I had a chemical pregnancy my first cycle with her, to answer my many questions, to calm my fears the day before my egg retrieval. She really listened to me when I had questions about my cycle, my meds, when I wanted to try something new, and honestly considers my preferences for treatment. She gives her medical opinion in a way that is respectful and knowledgeable without being dismissive. She has talked to me numerous times on the phone and never rushes me. I feel like she genuinely cared about my results. When I got pregnant from my first IVF cycle and transfer, she was really happy for me. When I was diagnosed with an anembryonic pregnancy, she expressed intense (yet professional) empathy for my situation. She also moved her schedule around so she could personally do my D&C the next day. I couldn't imagine a doctor who treats someone more like a human and an equal in this process. She gives me realistic hope.
Describe the protocols Brooke Rossi used in your cycles at Ohio Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
When I came to her, I had done two rounds of Clomid with my OBGYN. I was ovulating on my own but had borderline progesterone levels and a shorter luteal phase. Dr. Rossi recommended we do one more round and an HSG. She also did not like my prolactin levels, sent me for an MRI (that my regular endocrinologist had told me was unnecessary), found a prolactinoma, and started cabergoline to treat it. I had a chemical pregnancy that cycle. Because of that, we decided to do a few more medicated rounds and see if the lower prolactin levels would help me get pregnant. I asked to do letrozole out of concern the Clomid was thinning my lining. Dr. Rossi did not have that concern but was happy to oblige. Three rounds did not work. We did a round of letrozole with IUI-no pregnancy. I asked to do a round of injectibles and IUI-Dr. Rossi agreed-no pregnancy. Did a round of letrozole again (I was out of town and couldn't come in for monitoring for the injectibles) and IUI-no pregnancy. Moved straight to IVF. Did three weeks of birth control to calm my ovaries (I was ovulating really early) and then did a microdose lupron protocol with high doses of gonal-f. We upped the gonal f a little after a couple ultrasounds to see follicle growth, and then did egg retrieval. Due to only having 5 mature follicles via ultrasound, Dr. Rossi wanted to plan for a day three transfer. When we got four embryos on Day 1 from my 5 retrieved eggs, she decided that things were looking better than she expected and we should go for a day 5 transfer instead. We did a fresh transfer due to her research that they're more successful in poor responders like myself. One embryo was a grade 1 blast, so we transferred that (one more made it day 6 to freeze), and I got pregnant. At mt 7-week ultrasound, we discovered it was an anembryonic pregnancy and did a D&C the next day. I got my period 4 weeks later, and that cycle we did a saline sonogram to ensure that there was no scarring after the D&C. We did a natural start cycle with microdose lupron and high dose gonal f again. I only developed 2 follicles, so we converted to IUI (no pregnancy). We decided to start oral estrogen priming after IUI to prep for another stim cycle, but I had either 2 giant follicles or 2 cysts at baseline, so we decided to cancel. I asked to try birth control again since it worked the last time, so we did 3 weeks of a low-dose birth control then gonal f and menopur. I only got 3 follicles that time and we decided to convert to IUI again (Dr. Rossi is convinced I can produce better and we shouldn't waste the retrieval from my insurance). That was a bfn. We decided to try an estrogen patch/antagonist priming protocol, and that baseline was good so we moved forward. My cycle just got cancelled due to COVID-19 clinic shut downs, so I'm currently waiting to start back up. I'll come back and update when I start again.
I had good experiences with the nursing staff. My calls were always returned same day (if I called in the morning) or next day (if I called later on). They would upload critical test results same day into my online portal. Recently, they've had turnover in the IVF nurse department and the new ones are more disorganized and lack knowledge (they have to constantly go ask questions). I've had to call more and get more clarification than I did before.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I was able to get in quickly for an eval-I think it was less than a two week wait (but my doctor was also new to the clinic so she was taking new patients). The staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and communicative (in my experience). However, I did have a friend who went to the same clinic who sometimes did not get called back same day, even when she had uncertain test results she needed a nurse to review with her. The doctors do rotate for IUI and IVF transfers, so my doctor did not do my IUIs or my transfer. She did do my egg retrieval and most of my monitoring. When I really wanted her to do my scan when I was worried we'd have to decide to cancel a retrieval for poor response, she saw me personally even though she wasn't on rotation.
The clinic tells people to come starting at 7:30 but people can get in as soon as 7 most days. Bloodwork is first come, first serve and they have 1-2 people doing bloodwork from 7am-12:30pm. Ultrasound monitoring is then done once you have your bloodwork done, though if bloodwork is backed up, they will take people for ultrasound first. I would get there between 7-7:30, and I would never wait longer than 15-20 minutes before being seen. However, most of the time, by the time you get blood drawn, do the US, and see the IVF nurse, you're there for 45-60 min. It was run very efficiently.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brooke Rossi at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I had insurance coverage, so I met my out of pocket expenses and then didn't pay for the rest. So I don't have accurate numbers.
Describe Brooke Rossi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
strong preference for transferring only one embryo, especially at my age (32). She said she would not consider transferring more than one, no matter the results of the retrieval. For my friend at the same clinic at age 38 in January 2020, Dr. Rossi transferred one good-quality blast and one poor-quality blast in a fresh cycle (the poor was unlikely to make it to freeze). My friend got pregnant with a single baby.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I had a friend who had a low beta after her IVF transfer, and the clinic uploaded the results and did not call her. She called them that same day-no response. She called the next day and they claimed they called, but she never got a message from them. The doctor was very apologetic though. I haven't had a serious issue with the clinic personally. But I also am not afraid to keep calling until someone calls me back :)
Brooke Rossi
Columbus

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Brooke Rossi at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Sometimes she [Dr. Kennard] wouldn’t be there and one of her colleagues would take care of me . Ultrasounds were in and out and I felt limited to asking questions . And if I did ask they were quickly answered and out the door she went...we went in for a IVF consult and she did explain things much more in depth that made us feel reassured this would work ! Over all she is a great doctor and communication can lack at times but we appreciate everything she’s done for us .
She [nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] tells me the things as they should be and always shows great work ethics . She gives me advice and treats me more as a friend than a patient . Shows compassion and empathy for the situations we have gone Through...I paid a total of 7,200 for my 6 failed iui treatments . That’s including meds , ultrasounds , injectibles . Plus 900 for blood work to check my egg reserve and FSH levels...
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
I loved the doctor . She first started off with iui’s since it would be a way to help us save money . As our iui’s were failing we were increasing jnjectibles . Everytime she would mention our iui would work but it always would fail . Not that it was her fault , my egg reserve was great . We just didn’t know what could cause it . In February we went in for a IVF consult and she did explain things much more in depth that made us feel reassured this would work ! Over all she is a great doctor and communication can lack at times but we appreciate everything she’s done for us . She also speaks in Spanish which helped us out , when my mother would come along .
Be very patient . try to ask as many questions to her or the nurses so you will be well informed before going home . Use the patient portal for new messages , they are really quick to respond or give a call back
Sometimes she wouldn’t be there and one of her colleagues would take care of me . Ultrasounds were in and out and I felt limited to asking questions . And if I did ask they were quickly answered and out the door she went .
I seemed to react better with femara. I started off taking 10mg a day between days 3-7. I was also taking 500mg of metformin in the morning . And prometeium. Along with the pregnyl . I did that for 3 months . The on the last 3 iuis I did injectibles and started on 450 of gonal-F. And using the ovidrel shot . I had no reaction and on the last iui she noticed a small cyst the size of a penny and thought it would be better not to mess with . So in February we went for an IVF consult and she did say we would still be using gonal-F and menopur as well ovidrel .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Terry )
She has two nurses but my favorite is terry . She tells me the things as they should be and always shows great work ethics . She gives me advice and treats me more as a friend than a patient . Shows compassion and empathy for the situations we have gone Through
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They’re great . Always friendly and courteous staff. Everyone greets you with a wave and huge smile . You feel welcomed and not alone in the journey ahead. It’s a clean atmosphere, if there are any questions you have the secretary up front gladly answers your questions or can transfer your call the correct department
I paid a total of 7,200 for my 6 failed iui treatments . That’s including meds , ultrasounds , injectibles . Plus 900 for blood work to check my egg reserve and FSH levels . this is the major reason why we decided to go the IVF route and invest our money wisely
We definitely wanted 2 embryos to be transferred but she suggested just one since there is a risk of multiples and also a health risk for me and the babies : we agreed . And we will see what happens . We have planned to do a fresh transfer on day 5 .
Columbus

I like Ohio Reproductive Medicine because they didn't question it when I decided to switch to Dr. Kennard. I switched because I didn't like that my previous doctor sometimes gave me false hope instead of just facts....they are quick to make appointments and manage to work around my schedule more often than not. I always receive cost information up front which is important to me.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Recently I finished a set number of medicated cycles and my husband and I met with Dr. Kennard to discuss next steps. She was extremely candid when talking about our options down to the risk of multiples, risk of OHSS, and success rates. She never gave us false hope but gave facts. She did not use price to dissuade or persuade us to choose an option. I like that she gave us the information we needed and that we felt supported to make any decision on our own. She stopped to ask if we had questions and even if we were okay during a tough conversation. I appreciate the way she handles herself around very sensitive topics.
I would recommend you educate yourself before meeting with Dr. Kennard or any doctor. Come prepared with questions and more questions. When you meet with a fertility doctor you are often paying out of pocket so you are literally paying for your doctor's time. Use it.
I felt like a human because Dr. Kennard always talked about treatment specific to my situation. She never gave false hope or expectations but also checked in with me often to make sure I was ok during appointments, ultrasounds, procedures, etc. Her bedside manner is great. I like that she explains every thing she is doing during procedures.
I had high male hormones and take a nightly dexamethosone tablet to suppress my adrenal glands from overproducing these hormones. During medicated cycles I take a 5 day course of letrozole starting and cycle day 3. I then visit the office for a follicular ultrasound on day 12-13. Based on my follicle development I would give myself an HCG trigger shot, usually Pregnyl to encourage the final maturation and release of an egg. During this time I had one chemical pregnancy lost at 5w6d and no other pregnancies. Next I am moving on to IVF and am currently awaiting my protocol review!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Evans, Teri Rochon)
I have two nurses, Lisa Evans and Teri Rochon. They both have great bedside manner and are organized. I appreciate that they return phone calls and messages in a timely manner. They answer any and every question that I have.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Don't be afraid to request a new doctor at this or any clinic. Find a doctor that delivers what you need. I like Ohio Reproductive Medicine because they didn't question it when I decided to switch to Dr. Kennard. I switched because I didn't like that my previous doctor sometimes gave me false hope instead of just facts. I also switched to a female doctor from a male doctor because it made me more comfortable. I also like Ohio Reproductive Medicine because they are quick to make appointments and manage to work around my schedule more often than not. I always receive cost information up front which is important to me.
Medicated cycles using letrozle and a trigger shot usually cost $89 for medications and $389 for a follicular ultrasound each cycle. Moving onto IVF my expected cost to the clinic for one round is $7,000 which includes multiple ultrasounds, egg retrieval and embryo transfer. I'm also estimating about $5,000 in medication costs.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Every consultation felt like we were just a chart, no personality. ... Between the constant multiweek vacations during our 6 months of treatment we rarely ever saw him [Dr. Williams] except for consultations. We had to push to continue treatment while he was away. ... He would give us a false sense of progress to only be told by the nurses [ORM] later that we would not be able to do the timeline he gave us. ...
It’s very factory like [Ohio Reproductive Medicine]. In/Out and wait times are long. Typically you aren’t seen until 30 minutes after your appointment. Clinic is clean and pleasant though. Receptionists are very friendly. Multiple waiting rooms are confusing. ... The nurses were great. Mackenzie was amazing at explaining things to me when I had concerns.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Between the constant multiweek vacations during our 6 months of treatment we rarely ever saw him except for consultations. We had to push to continue treatment while he was away. If we had questions we could only speak to the nurses and have to go back and forth with them and the doctor instead of him taking 5 seconds to speak to us directly. He would give us a false sense of progress to only be told by the nurses later that we would not be able to do the timeline he gave us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to fight and advocated for yourself. He will certainly not pay enough attention to who you are to do it for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Every consultation felt like we were just a chart, no personality. We constantly had to remind him of the current treatment path that he had set.
Describe the protocols Steven Williams used in your cycles at Ohio Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Originally wanted to do another 3 rounds of timed intercourse with clomid, after we had already done 4 cycles with our GYN. We refused and were allowed to do IUI. After two failed IUI we requested to move forward with IVF and were denied and advised for one more IUI that again failed. Due to lab shut downs and a paperwork technicality we were forced to wait 2 months longer than we would have liked for our ivf procedure.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
It’s very factory like. In/Out and wait times are long. Typically you aren’t seen until 30 minutes after your appointment. Clinic is clean and pleasant though. Receptionists are very friendly. Multiple waiting rooms are confusing.
It was a cattle call for IVF monitoring. Show up by this time and wait with 20 other women and hope you get there before the crowd
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The consultations were expensive considering the lack of information we would receive. Rest of the costs seem standard
Describe Steven Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
He didn’t seem to be one way or the other. Mentioned other doctors options that were strongly for one at a time. However did show the risks of multiple
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Our doctor constantly forgot what stage of treatment we were on so if we would have not advocated we would have spent money of medications that would have been admitted incorrectly.
Columbus

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.

IUI, 1 IVF
While I have enjoyed my interactions with him, I am not confident that we had exhausted all the options before he suggested donor eggs and felt that conversation could have been handled more eloquently. ... Dr. Williams had a great demeanor during of our consultations. He was great in taking the time to explain our diagnosis and treatment options, answered my husband's and my questions, and was compassionate when I was emotional.
I went to Ohio Reproductive Medicine due to a referral by my OBGYN. Over the period I was treated there, I had different experiences with the front desk, ranging from friendly and compassionate to downright rude and even incompetent. I feel conflicted by the first come, first serve for monitoring appointments (blood work and ultrasounds); ... made it extremely difficult to set appropriate expectations for my arrival at work.
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Williams had a great demeanor during of our consultations. He was great in taking the time to explain our diagnosis and treatment options, answered my husband's and my questions, and was compassionate when I was emotional. While I have enjoyed my interactions with him, I am not confident that we had exhausted all the options before he suggested donor eggs and felt that conversation could have been handled more eloquently. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I would appreciate more time with him to discuss treatment, concerns, and to truly feel he understood us and had the same goals and my husband and I.
Be your own advocate and ask the questions until you get an answer that satisfies you. (That would be my advice for everyone, not exclusive to prospective patients of Dr. Williams.)
When I was in the room with Dr. Williams, I felt like a human. However, the process of getting in to see him (two waiting rooms, the clipboards, etc) made me feel like a number. Also, while I understand the need of seeing multiple doctors throughout monitoring based on who is available, it adds to the already growing feeling that I am a number.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I went to Ohio Reproductive Medicine due to a referral by my OBGYN. Over the period I was treated there, I had different experiences with the front desk, ranging from friendly and compassionate to downright rude and even incompetent. I feel conflicted by the first come, first serve for monitoring appointments (blood work and ultrasounds); on the one hand, it's great to know I can get in early and hopefully beat the crowd, or know that I am only waiting because others showed up before me and not because they were late to an appointment time. On the other hand, hope is not a strategy and the first come, first serve made it extremely difficult to set appropriate expectations for my arrival at work. It can really feel like moving cattle, signing a clipboard in one waiting room, waiting for bloodwork, signing a clipboard in another waiting room, waiting for the ultrasound, and then signing yet another clipboard to let the nurses know you're ready to speak to them.

2017 - 2019
I have had a positive experience with Dr Schmidt. He takes the time to explain everything to you, the pros and cons of the next step and the risks that go along with them. For our situation with unexplained infertility he has been very comforting when the results are not as we had hoped for and honest about what he thinks our next steps should be without being pushy. I appreciated that he did not put me through extra surgery that he did not feel necessary and was very honset with my husband and I about the risks and benefits of the exploratory surgery so we could make the best decision for us. He has always taken his time and been very through during exams. I would highly recommend Dr Schmidt to anyone.
I would always try to get there first thing at 7 when the clinic [OH Repro Med] would open. Some days there would already be a line at the door waiting. It would depend on the day you could be there for 2 hours or you could be in and out in 30-45 minutes..... Staff is very friendly and welcoming. Good at returning calls and answering questions. There are four doctors and it seams like you see a different one very time you are in for a monitoring appointment. I made sure that I knew my body and where I was in my cycle and would question everything so something didn’t get missed. You need to be your own advodicate.
How was your experience with Grant Schmidt at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Grant Schmidt at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Ask all the questions you can think of. He is willing to take the time to answer any and all concerns that you have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Grant Schmidt at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Schmidt has always taken time to sit and answer any and all questions my husband and I have had through our process. He has also helped us through the hard times and comforted us when things were tough. I have never felt rushed or that I was just another patient he needed et through in his day.
Describe the protocols Grant Schmidt used in your cycles at Ohio Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We have unexplained infertility. When we first saw Dr. Schmidt all our tests came back normal so we were put on oral medication with timed intercourse. When this did not work after a cycle we moved to oral medication with trigger shot and IUI. Since all of our numbers were very normal and the cycles were going good (on paper) but we were not getting pregnant we continued this route for 5 cycles. Then we moved to injectible medication for three cycles with iui. When those failed doctor Schmidt recommended we move on to ivf since we still had no answers. Our protocol for ivf was down regulation then stemming with gonal-f, menopur and certitude. I believe this is a pretty standard protocol for an ivf cycles. Our cycle ended with one pre-blast embryo that did not result in a pregnancy. Dr Schmidt was very comforting in our post ivf consultation and we have discussed different protocols for the next ivf cycle. We have an appointment in late March to discuss what next steps will be taken. I was disappointed that when asked I was not given any changes to diet or supplements that may help our next round of ivf until I brought up research I had done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Schmidt has three nurses on staff. One nurse has changed in the last year and a half. Overall his nurses are very nice and understanding. I have always had my phone calls returned the same day. My favorite nurse is Carol. She is the sweetest and always puts my mind at ease and I appreciate it. Both of the ivf nurses are wonderful. They are knowledgeable and are able to answer any questions during the ivf process.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I would always try to get there first thing at 7 when the clinic would open. Some days there would already be a line at the door waiting. It would depend on the day you could be there for 2 hours or you could be in and out in 30-45 minutes.
Describe Grant Schmidt's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I believe it is the policy of the clinic to only transfer one embryo unless there are specific circumstances.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
On a cycle where we had planned to do an iui I had a monitoring appointment and the doctor that did my appointment that morning missed a follicle and by the time I came back for my next appointment in two days I had ovulated and the cycle had to be canceled.
Columbus

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Grant Schmidt at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.

Dr. Kennard has a very direct approach. She is not warm or sunshine-y. She is blunt and honest...she focuses on facts. I appreciated her candidness yet can see that her demeanor may not be for everyone...had three medicated (Clomid) IUIs. None were successful. I'm now in the middle of an IVF cycle...As I was about to turn 35, Dr. Kennard had me do the standard bloodwork and an HSG...While this protocol is specific to me, it also seems to be fairly standard. We don't have male infertility issues.
When updating my medications, I noticed that a nurse [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] seemed to miss a dose. I called and left a voicemail. Almost immediately she sent me a message through the portal (their preferred way of communicating; they don't answer the phones generally) apologize for the error. There are procedures in place that someone may have caught the error; however, I'm glad I did. Again, the nurse was very apologetic.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
If you are looking for a direct, non-nonsense approach, Dr. Kennard is for you. Naturally, she is not very warm; she focuses on facts. I appreciated her candidness yet can see that her demeanor may not be for everyone.
Know that she will be honest and very direct with you; there is no sugar-coating.
As I was about to turn 35, Dr. Kennard had me do the standard bloodwork and an HSG. I then had three medicated (Clomid) IUIs. None were successful. I'm now in the middle of an IVF cycle. For five days I had a 150 unit shot of Gonal F and a 75 unit shot of Menopur in the morning and an additional 225 Gonal F shot in the evening. I now have increased my AM Gonal F shot to 225. I go back in tomorrow and hope to have my egg retrieval next week and embryo transfer the following week. While this protocol is specific to me, it also seems to be fairly standard. We don't have male infertility issues.
The nursing staff are incredible. They communicate well and respond quickly. They are patient with answering my questions and do seem to really care about us.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is run like a factory. For me, this is a strength. I've seen all of the doctors (not just my own) for appointments. I'm not sure how this compares to other clinics; however, it seems to work for them. Each doctor has a different personality; you get to know all of them. Others may see this approach as a weaknesses, as you do feel like a number at times. Again, though, to maximize efficiency, this seems to work. The waiting room is often very crowded (with 15-20 people/partners waiting). However, you're rarely waiting for too long.
IUIs were ~$1000 each (I did 3, so ~$3000) IVF medication is ~$7500 Other costs so far (sperm freezing for IVF, blood draws, etc) are around $2500
We've not yet had this conversation; I would have liked to have this conversation already. I imagine we'll discuss it around the time of my egg retrieval.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
When updating my medications, I noticed that a nurse seemed to miss a dose. I called and left a voicemail. Almost immediately she sent me a message through the portal (their preferred way of communicating; they don't answer the phones generally) apologize for the error. There are procedures in place that someone may have caught the error; however, I'm glad I did. Again, the nurse was very apologetic.
Columbus

He [Dr. Schmidt] made sure we understood the treatment plan at all times and let us know what our options were along the way. He always spoke to us as if we were a special case and not just a number. Our treatment was truly tailored to our specific needs and what we were comfortable with. ... He took the time to sit and listen to our story and how we got to this point. He wanted us to be happy with the treatment presented and always asked for our opinion when giving us treatment options to make sure we felt comfortable moving forward.
He [Dr. Schmidt at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] allowed us to be monitored at our local doctor, as we are over an hour away, with the final ultrasound being at his office. They were always in touch with up to date results and what the next steps of treatment are. Unfortunately we did not have success on the first treatment but we will continue on with more. ... The nurses were always helpful in planning out prescription delivery and appointments. It was nice to have everything explained in details so we always knew exactly what was going on and what to expect.
How was your experience with Grant Schmidt at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
He made sure we understood the treatment plan at all times and let us know what our options were along the way. He always spoke to us as if we were a special case and not just a number. Our treatment was truly tailored to our specific needs and what we were comfortable with. The nurses were always helpful in planning out prescription delivery and appointments. It was nice to have everything explained in details so we always knew exactly what was going on and what to expect.
Ask as many questions as you need to. He will never tell you what you want to hear, but what the facts of the matter are.
We decided to do injections with timed intercourse. He allowed us to be monitored at our local doctor, as we are over an hour away, with the final ultrasound being at his office. They were always in touch with up to date results and what the next steps of treatment are. Unfortunately we did not have success on the first treatment but we will continue on with more.
Super friendly and helpful
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone has been very friendly and helpful. I have only had a few appointments at this office so I do not have a lot of pros or cons quite yet. They have been able to get me an appointment when it works with my schedule. They seem to be a very busy office but are quick to get to you in for your appointment, which has been helpful when bringing a child along with you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Grant Schmidt at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
So far everything has been sent through insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Didn’t send my progesterone prescription in, I had to call the start date to get the prescription sent
2015 - 2019
Dr. Schmidt is a very devoted man to his patients. He really wants to help in any possible way. He has wiped my tears for me, gave me positive feedback. He is just an overall Great Doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. All other doctors would not take the time to really help you understand and put a plan into place, so that you are considered a top priority. And that is how Dr. Schmidt makes you feel. And if the plan fails, he is always there, just start all over again. That is why he is The Best here in Columbus Ohio!
The wait time for an appointment [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] can be lengthy. The clinic is very nice and clean. There are several nurses and Doctors that are very nice. I like the fact that they do most of the procedures in the office, so that really saves you so much money. The consultation may take 30mins to 45mins so that good. You are also given paperwork to help you through your procedures. The nurses also call around to help you get to most reasonable price for your medication proscription, which is awesome.
2015 - 2019
How was your experience with Grant Schmidt at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Stay positive and do what the Dr tells you.
Every time I call or arrive at the appointment, the staff are so sweet to me. They make me feel comfortable and happy.
I was given provera at first, clomid also gonal-F also an IUI several ultrasound, blood drawn
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Kathy)
Their strength was to set up blood drawn appointments and how to administer needles properly. Weakness was you always have to leave a message for the to call back, there is no direct person to talk to.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The wait time for an appointment can be lengthy. The clinic is very nice and clean. There are several nurses and Doctors that are very nice. I like the fact that they do most of the procedures in the office, so that really saves you so much money. The consultation may take 30mins to 45mins so that good. You are also given paperwork to help you through your procedures. The nurses also call around to help you get to most reasonable price for your medication proscription, which is awesome.
The cost for prescribed pills $20.00 the injection $80.00 the IUI $395.00
Columbus

After five rounds of Clomid we went back into his [Dr. Steven William's] office to consult on next steps. Next steps included Clomid, trigger shot and IUI. This process was suggested because my HSG test was fine, my blood work all came back normal and my husband’s sperm test came back normal as well...is a very optimistic and a cheerful doctor. He takes a crappy situation and makes you feel a little bit better. He’s always very open and honest with the current process and next steps. I haven’t had any negative experiences with him.
entire staff [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] is amazing. They always make sure to call back in a prompt manner and they know who you are when you call back...nursing staff is amazing. They are very friendly, they treat you like an individual and they remember your story. They are very compassionate and do everything that they can to make the process easier...I paid about $500 for an HSG test. And I believe our IUI is about $700 with ultrasound cost, and insemination.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Williams is a very optimistic and a cheerful doctor. He takes a crappy situation and makes you feel a little bit better. He’s always very open and honest with the current process and next steps. I haven’t had any negative experiences with him.
Be ready to laugh at his cheesy jokes.
Dr. William and his entire staff is amazing. They always make sure to call back in a prompt manner and they know who you are when you call back. When I went in to see Dr. Williams after five rounds of Clomid, he walked my husband and I through everything that we had gone through already. And then he went into details on next steps.
Dr. Williams had me start on Clomid after my husband and I have been trying for one year. After five rounds of Clomid we went back into his office to consult on next steps. Next step is included Clomid, trigger shot and are you ar dr. Williams had knee start on Clomid after my husband and I have been trying for one year. After five rounds of Clomid we went back into his office to consult on next steps. Next steps included Clomid, trigger shot and IUI. This process was suggested because my HSG test was fine, my blood work all came back normal and my husband’s sperm test came back normal as well. We are a couple with an identified issues. We have not been able to get pregnant yet. We are currently trying a double dosage of Clomid, trigger shot and IUI for the third time.
Dr. Williams nursing staff is amazing. They are very friendly, they treat you like an individual and they remember your story. They are very compassionate and do everything that they can to make the process easier.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone at the office from the receptionist to the doctors and nurses has been nothing but nice and compassionate to me. I love the office and haven’t had any problems with them. Everyone genuinely seems to want to help you and that makes the whole experience a lot better.
I pay about $35 every time I need bloodwork. I paid about $500 for an HSG test. And I believe our IUI is about $700 with ultrasound cost, and insemination.

Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Dr. Kennard is] great at answering questions so ask all the questions you can think of. Although during our IVF consult she answered 90% of my questions before I could even ask them...She prefers single embryo transfer to reduce the risk of complications that can arise for mother and babies of multiple gestation pregnancy her goal is to give you a healthy, full term baby...took the time to listen to what treatment options I wanted to pursue. I never felt pushed to do IVF and she let me continue to do IUI with different medications until my husband and I decided to move on to IVF.
I love this clinic [Ohio Reproductive Medicine]. The only negative is that I occasionally had to wait a while for blood work in the mornings because they are so busy, but recently they hired another staff member to help with lab work in the mornings and it has seemed to solve the issue...Lisa and Teri are Dr kennard’s nurses and they are absolutely fantastic. They respond quickly to questions via phone calls and patient portal message...IUI (including sperm washing) $381, traditional IVF with fresh transfer $7100 (not including meds).
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
She is very straight forward and will absolutely tell you the truth about your chance at treatment success, even if it’s not the news you want to hear. Since infertility treatment isn’t cheap, I’m glad that she is so transparent about success rates. She’s also a very good listener. She does frequent reassessment of treatment plans when things aren’t working and makes sure you’re comfortable with the next steps.
She’s great at answering questions so ask all the questions you can think of. Although during our IVF consult she answered 90% of my questions before I could even ask them.
Dr Kennard took the time to listen to what treatment options I wanted to pursue. I never felt pushed to do IVF and she let me continue to do IUI with different medications until my husband and I decided to move on to IVF.
Clomid with trigger shot and IUI, Femara with trigger shot and IUI, GonalF with trigger shot and IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lisa and Teri)
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I love this clinic. The only negative is that I occasionally had to wait a while for blood work in the mornings because they are so busy, but recently they hired another staff member to help with lab work in the mornings and it has seemed to solve the issue.
Columbus
Dr Williams is a very nice man and I enjoyed our initial consult. ... I was 40 when we started trying, 41 when we began treatment and was told I had the reproductive health of a 38 year old at the time. ... I was told our next steps would be to do IVF with donor eggs ... I wish we would have skipped the last 2 IUIs and gone straight to IVF with my own eggs.
You’re simply treated like a number there [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] and god knows who will do your IUI because it may not be your RE. ... Nancy and Mackenzie are amazing. In fact the best care I received was from Nancy when we decided to stop treatment. She was so compassionate and kind. I will always remember the kind words she gave to me on my last visit there.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Williams is a very nice man and I enjoyed our initial consult. His nurses are absolutely amazing and compassionate. However every time I had an ultrasound I felt like all the info was rushed and I never had time to understand what was being told to me or to ask questions. And I didn’t know what to ask and wasn’t really given an opportunity to inquire much.
Insist on him explaining what all the numbers and data he throws out means.
During the initial consult I felt like we were treated like a patient. All of the IUIs during which only one was done by Williams I felt like a cattle being called into the pen.
We did 4-5 months of clomid. We then did 3 IUIs, the last of which we did with injectables (Follistim). I was 40 when we started trying, 41 when we began treatment and was told I had the reproductive health of a 38 year old at the time. I responded well to all the medications and had a clear HSG done by Williams. But never had one positive test. I was told our next steps would be to do IVF with donor eggs and that’s not something we wanted to do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Mackenzie)
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
You’re simply treated like a number there and god knows who will do your IUI because it may not be your RE. The nursing staff of Dr Williams is amazing and compassionate as well as organized. They have excellent communication.
I think in total with office visits, HSG, ultrasounds, sperm washes, blood draws, clomid, IUIs, and injectables we spent close to $5000 out of pocket. None of our insurance coverage a thing.
Columbus

He [Dr. Steven Williams] is easy to talk to and a great source of experience and knowledge!...He first did an xray dye test to check to make sure my tubes were open. He suggested doing a laparascopy first to make sure I didn't have endometriosis but I was nervous about having surgery. So he said no problem lets do the dye test first and then try a couple rounds of IUI since I didn't have any other symptoms to indicate endo or any other issues. We then did 2 round of IUI with no success. Since those did not work we decided to go ahead and do the laparascopic surgery for him to double check everything. He did not find anything with the surgery either.
Even though it [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] is a large clinic it still feels very warm and inviting! The staff is very kind and understanding! All of the staff was very friendly, even the ones we weren't working with!...I spoke to Dr.Williams two nurses frequently. Every time they treated us like humans, were very warm, compassionate and understanding!...He [Dr. Steven Williams] is easy to talk to and a great source of experience and knowledge!...He first did an xray dye test to check to make sure my tubes were open.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
He was caring and compassionate with years of experience that made us feel we could trust him! While we still have not gotten pregnant we don't blame Dr/ Williams. If we can afford IVF in the future he is the doctor we will go to with no hesitation. He helped to put us at ease and explained everything so it was easy to understand!
He is easy to talk to and a great source of experience and knowledge!
He was very caring with his approach. We were nervous of course but he had a calming straight forward attitude that helped so much. He explained everything very well with great detail so we could understand!
He first did an xray dye test to check to make sure my tubes were open. He suggested doing a laparascopy first to make sure I didn't have endometriosis but I was nervous about having surgery. So he said no problem lets do the dye test first and then try a couple rounds of IUI since I didn't have any other symptoms to indicate endo or any other issues. We then did 2 round of IUI with no success. Since those did not work we decided to go ahead and do the laparascopic surgery for him to double check everything. He did not find anything with the surgery either. So he suggested the next best step would be to try IVF. He explained the cost and course of treatment. We decided to take our time and pray on it and attempt to save up the money for the treatments. Which is where we still are now, praying and saving!
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Even though it is a large clinic it still feels very warm and inviting! The staff is very kind and understanding! All of the staff was very friendly, even the ones we weren't working with! I had compared this clinic with another local one and after reading many reviews I felt this clinic were the ones we wanted to trust! I'm very glad we did!
Costs we had were office visits, medication associated with IUI. The laproscopic surgery was covered under insurance as was blood tests for IUI.
Columbus

You can tell that he [Dr. Grant Schmidt] really cares and really wants you to get pregnant. He’s very laid back, maybe sometimes a little to laid back about the treatment, but that’s the only negative thing I can think of. He treats you like a person and explains in detail what he is doing at the moment or what he is going to do with the treatment. He is a very positive, empathetic person.
The strengths [of Ohio Reproductive Med-Columbus] are that they know what they are talking about. They are caring and sympathetic. They need to be more detailed when they go over your fertility plan. Put it more in Laymans terms. Ive actually had a nurse stay after they closed, so that I could pick something up after I got off work. This just goes to show how much they care. Dr Schmidt is always prepared. He knows what to say to calm you down. He treats you like an actual person.
How was your experience with Grant Schmidt at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
You can tell that he really cares and really wants you to get pregnant. He’s very laid back, maybe sometimes a little to laid back about the treatment, but that’s the only negative thing I can think of. He treats you like a person and explains in detail what he is doing at the moment or what he is going to do with the treatment. He is a very positive, empathetic person.
Take a notebook and write down everything because it is a lot of information.
He treated me like a human because he remembered everything about me without having to look at a chart while he was with me. He is very personable to my husband and I.
I did four cycles on Femara and also a trigger shot (hcg). I also did two cycles with Follistim and trigger shots. One of the cycles with the Follistim and trigger shot, I did IUI. These all resulted without any pregnancies.
The nursing staff is great. They are personable, sympathetic and caring. The only thing I would change is when they are going over your treatment plan, they are more detailed.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths are that they know what they are talking about. They are caring and sympathetic. They need to be more detailed when they go over your fertility plan. Put it more in Laymans terms. Ive actually had a nurse stay after they closed, so that I could pick something up after I got off work. This just goes to show how much they care. Dr Schmidt is always prepared. He knows what to say to calm you down. He treats you like an actual person.
Each ultrasound is around $300 if my insurance doesn’t cover the whole thing. The hcg shot is $100, and the Follistim boxes are $270. The IUI is about $400. My insurance only covers some of the Ultrasounds. If we have to do IVF, it is about $13,000.00.
If we ever have to go that route, I would rather do multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The only mistake the nurses made, was not telling us to have sex at a specific time.
Columbus

Dr. Londra is very passionate about what she does and she is extremely careful in raising your hopes up (at least for me). Even though sometimes it's not what you'd like to hear, but she will let you know your exact chances and explain further if necessary. I think too that she is sometimes too careful which can be good and bad too...I do have a connection and a history with Dr. Londra herself and she has always treated me like a human being and not a number.
Sally [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] is one of the most caring and understanding nurse that I have ever met. I don't know if it's because of her experience...A nurse made me order extra medications that I didn't need and that cost me a lot of money and the clinic would no even apologized or do anything about it.... When they mess up for any reason, they try to pin it on you the patient. The billing department needs to be checked for the occurrence of error and over charging patients because no one is taking the time to do proper calculation and contacting insurance companies in a timely manner.
Black or African-American, Other
How was your experience with Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Mae sure you ask questions if you don't understand or are not sure about anything during your appointment with her before you leave. She will answer any question question you have to the best of her knowledge and if you have any doubt, be sure to let her know.
I do have a connection and a history with Dr. Londra herself and she has always treated me like a human being and not a number. Some of the nurses (not Sally) on the other hand, at one point treated me like a number and acted very rude and working in healthcare and seeing myself at the other end was not a good feeling at all. Fertility is such an emotionally and financially devastating journey that if a nurse is rude does not help but worsen matters. I only hope they know the reason and vision behind what they do as fertility nurses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sally)
Sally is one of the most caring and understanding nurse that I have ever met. I don't know if it's because of her experience. She is the best nurse ORM could ask for, trust me
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Their strength is because they are close to where I live and the only one my insurance covers. Weakness, the IVF nurses treats you like a number and do not take the time to explain things to you. When they mess up for any reason, they try to pin it on you the patient. The billing department needs to be checked for the occurrence of error and over charging patients because no one is taking the time to do proper calculation and contacting insurance companies in a timely manner. Also, ORM leaders should take a look into who sits at the front desk and who answers calls attitude. For God's sake, this is a clinic not a baby buying business market.
Even though my insurance paid for part of it, it was still expensive.
Describe Laura Londra's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Oh yes, she did. she would not transfer ore than one embryo which my partner and I were really against it.
Columbus

I really like Dr Schmidt. He was knowledgeable and had good bedside manner. He seemed genuinely interested in helping us to achieve pregnancy. He recommended moving to different medications when it was necessary. I did occasionally feel there was a canned response to how they deal with patients in a protocolized way and not individualized care...I communicated by desire to move from IUD to IVF and never received any real counseling regarding why or why not the move should be made.
The clinic [ORM] does not have a care coordinator. It does not feel like you have a go to person who knows you and everything about your care. If you have insurance needs for prior authorization or help with appeals for coverage there is not anyone well versed in the process who helps to guide you. The billing process in unclear because you show up and they tell you how much you owe, you have to ask for them to send you a statement outlining charges. The office staff is nice
How was your experience with Grant Schmidt at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Research your options and have baseline knowledge before your appointment so that you can readily participate in your care.
It really feels like you are one of many paying customers just being ushered through the process by the office. I have tried to engage with conversation regarding next steps and I communicated by desire to move from IUD to IVF and never received any real counseling regarding why or why not the move should be made.
We used letrozole for 5/6 of the cycles for ovulation induction. We started at 5 mg then increased to 7.5 mg for 3 cycles and then we increased up to 10 mg. For the last cycle we used Gonal F injections. 3/6 cycles were successful in producing a dominant follicle. We used 5000 units of HCG to cause ovulation. We had insemination 36 hours following HCG injection. We did not achieve pregnancy
There is an online patient portal and of course a phone line for the nurses. Initially the portal was active for communication with the nurses but then they became unavailable online. Therefore, you had to call leave a message and then wait for a callback. I sometimes felt like they had not reviewed my chart to know where I was in the process and it lead to a lot of repetition on my part.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic does not have a care coordinator. It does not feel like you have a go to person who knows you and everything about your care. If you have insurance needs for prior authorization or help with appeals for coverage there is not anyone well versed in the process who helps to guide you. The billing process in unclear because you show up and they tell you how much you owe, you have to ask for them to send you a statement outlining charges. The office staff is nice and they do try to make the process seem less daunting. But you cannot help but feel like there is a little impersonal slant to the way they provide care giving rise to feeling like one of many who are paying a lot of money without a lot of guidance. I actually think that if they added a care coordinator or designated a single person to communicate about care then it would alleviate most of the weaknesses that I appreciated at this office.
My insurance has stipulations on infertility coverage that have to be met before benefits are active. We paid for our 6 cycles out of pocket except for the letrozole. Ultrasound visits were ~$180, IUI was ~$275, Estrogen lab during a cycle ~$43. Medications were separate, we paid ~$100 for hcg injection, Gonal F was $1900 for the amount I needed, donor sperm was out of pocket as well

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Grant Schmidt] is honest about my diagnosis and my results (good or bad), and doesn't provide false hope or completely kill my dreams like some doctors can do. He explains all of our options so that we can prepare mentally and financially. ... First I did Clomid with timed intercourse. Produced some follicles that matured appropriately but was unsuccessful. Next tried Menopur, Femara, and Bravelle for an attempt at egg retrieval but it was cancelled twice due to poor response.
Very clean, staff [at Ohio Reproductive Med- Columbus] are all friendly, did not take very long to get an appointment. A weakness would be sometimes it is hard to reach nursing staff by phone, and I don't like the recurring payment system in the sperm bank. It used to be month to month payment system which I preferred.... First I did Clomid with timed intercourse. Produced some follicles that matured appropriately but was unsuccessful. Next tried Menopur, Femara, and Bravelle for an attempt at egg retrieval but it was cancelled twice due to poor response.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Grant Schmidt at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
I love everything about Dr. Schmidt! He is honest about my diagnosis and my results (good or bad), and doesn't provide false hope or completely kill my dreams like some doctors can do. He explains all of our options so that we can prepare mentally and financially. I have been to other facilities where they give you minimal options and don't allow you much input. I am a nurse and have studied my diagnosis, so I know what options I have. I like that Dr. Schmidt listens to me and works with me instead of just telling me what to do. The only weakness would be that sometimes speaking to nursing staff can not be as timely as I'd like, but since there is the patient portal now I haven't had many issues. Only place I will go for my fertility treatment and I am hopeful that this time around we will be successful!
Write down any questions you may have. He will sit down and answer anything so have them written down so you don't forget anything.
Dr. Schmidt always sits down and talks to us and breaks everything down and makes sure we are clear on every thing. He is very kind and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
She was very nice. She wrote out the multiple steps to my medications both on the script and on a seperate piece of paper so I would understand. Very considerate and caring.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Very clean, staff are all friendly, did not take very long to get an appointment. A weakness would be sometimes it is hard to reach nursing staff by phone, and I don't like the recurring payment system in the sperm bank. It used to be month to month payment system which I preferred.
$5000
No particular approach was preferred or discussed. The goal was just to produce mature follicles and go from there.
Columbus

She [Dr. Kennard] communicates factual and with a dry intellectual humor. During a miscarriage, it was less than a warm bedside manner but during treatments, we appreciated the facts and candor. She would also call to answer questions and was very sensitive to cost concerns.... We selected Femara instead of clomid due to hormonal concerns of moodiness. We used a standard ivf protocol with icsi and pgs. We opted for natural cycles with no birth control.
The clinic [Ohio Repro Med] is conscious of costs. The nurses were kind but we saw many and were often confused on what we were to do. The shot training was very helpful.... Ivf with icsi was just under $12k not including meds. We paid extra for pgs testing.... We had on blood test for my husband that was ordered incorrectly but the staff corrected the mistake with no issue and at no cost to us. They made it right.
How was your experience with Elizabeth Kennard at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
She communicates factual and with a dry intellectual humor. During a miscarriage, it was less than a warm bedside manner but during treatments, we appreciated the facts and candor. She would also call to answer questions and was very sensitive to cost concerns.
Be prepared and do your research so you can use you time effectively with the dr.
I felt my Dr listened to my concerns about hormone treatments and customized treatment protocols for me.
They were helpful and compassionate but we were often confused about protocol and activities during office visits. It seems like they expected patients to be experts in their appointments.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Kennard is wonderfully competent and communicates effectively with no frills. She adjusted protocols to meet our needs and dug into our data to find answers for us when we had all abnormal embryos. The clinic is conscious of costs. The nurses were kind but we saw many and were often confused on what we were to do. The shot training was very helpful.
This practice focuses on infant health and promotes one embryo transfer at a time. They provided objective evidence for this practice which made sense to us.
Columbus

He [Dr. Williams] was not interested in hearing-let alone answering any of my questions or concerns that I brought and sis not even take the folder of records I was requested to put together. He was very nice, but we felt like a number. No diagnosis-not even any plan specific to what might be going on with us...He did not take any of the records I brought with me or address our particular case. He did not attempt to reach a diagnosis.
The clinic [ORM] was clean. It felt comfortable with modest furnishings. We did not have a long wait to get an appointment or while we were in the waiting room. They have even consultation hours, which is great for working professionals. The front desk staff member was not extremely friendly and complained to another staff member about wanting to go home when I was with her checking in. It’s clear that most of the people who were checking in were nervous to be there so a more welcoming first experience at the front desk would have been better.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
He is a very likable and knowledgeable doctor. He puts you at ease immediately. However, he draws you the same picture of reproductive organs upside-down that he’s probably drawn a million times and talks about when you should have intercourse. By the time my husband and I got to his office, we had that part down already. He was not interested in hearing-let alone answering any of my questions or concerns that I brought and sis not even take the folder of records I was requested to put together. He was very nice, but we felt like a number. No diagnosis-not even any plan specific to what might be going on with us.
Demand that he hear your questions before you leave.
He didn’t allow me to ask any questions when he was through with his consultation speech. He did not take any of the records I brought with me or address our particular case. He did not attempt to reach a diagnosis.
His strategy was to try Clomid for 3 months, then Clomid with IUI, after that our next option would be exploratory surgery to look for possible endometriosis then on to IVF. It seemed to us like this is the same protocol he uses on almost everyone.
They are fairly quick at returning phone calls and more receptive to questions than the doctor.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was clean. It felt comfortable with modest furnishings. We did not have a long wait to get an appointment or while we were in the waiting room. They have even consultation hours, which is great for working professionals. The front desk staff member was not extremely friendly and complained to another staff member about wanting to go home when I was with her checking in. It’s clear that most of the people who were checking in were nervous to be there so a more welcoming first experience at the front desk would have been better.
With my consultation it was just a copay like any other specialist. After that any medications or treatments would be out of pocket.
Columbus
Dr. Williams approached our situation with care and worked with my partner and I to ensure that all of our questions were answered. After the first few IUI inseminations, resulted in negative pregnancy results. Dr. Williams moved forward with the next course of treatment which included additional testing and using Clomid and the trigger shot. This course of treatment worked for us.
The practice [Ohio Reproductive Med-Columbus] included multiple doctors and nurses. You will have a primary doctor but depending on when you go in for treatment, IUI or IVF you may see another doctor. All the doctors we encountered were extremely knowledgeable, polite and courteous.... Nancy and Mckenzie answered all of our questions. I called frequently during our treatment process and they were very respectful and followed up with phone calls immediately.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
You need to make sure you ask all questions to help with your course of treatment. You will need to be patient and if your course of treatment is not progressing properly then you need to follow up with the nurses and the doctor.
Dr. Williams and his nurses were extremely knowledgeable and approachable. They were always respectful and answered all of our questions.
We did not use treatment strategies until after the first 3 negative results. I had an HSG test completed and we tried a fourth time. This time also resulted in a negative test. The next two treatments included using Clomid and the trigger shot with the 6th time being the lucky number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Mckenzie)
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The practice included multiple doctors and nurses. You will have a primary doctor but depending on when you go in for treatment, IUI or IVF you may see another doctor. All the doctors we encountered were extremely knowledgeable, polite and courteous.
The costs were straight forward and discussed during the treatment process. Even when we had the HSG test, Nurse Nancy worked with us to get the lowest cost possible.
Columbus
[Dr. Williams] did not appear to have reviewed my husband's SA results and I had to remind him in my appointment to please do so... He is incredibly nice but airs on the conservative side with his treatment recommendation. According to Dr. Williams, I had only been trying to conceive for 12 months and was 31 years old so I should be patient and just keep taking clomid rather than move on to more aggressive treatment. I reminded him that I already tried 5 monitored clomid cycles and that I wanted to add in a low dosage of gonadotropins to produce more follicles and increase my odds of conception, I wanted to add this treatment to a monitored cycle.
I am allergic to latex and I feel like I have to constantly remind the office [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] not to use the latex covers on the ultrasound wands...ORM does an excellent job providing patients with printout sheets with insurance codes and cost. I always felt like I knew the associated cost of my care...Plenty of availability. I was able to get an appointment as needed and usually offered a few different times and was able to choose my preferred appointment slot. My wait time to see the doctor was also minimal.
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Williams and I did not collaborate or make decisions together well. He is incredibly nice but airs on the conservative side with his treatment recommendation. According to Dr. Williams, I had only been trying to conceive for 12 months and was 31 years old so I should be patient and just keep taking clomid rather than move on to more aggressive treatment. I reminded him that I already tried 5 monitored clomid cycles and that I wanted to add in a low dosage of gonadotropins to produce more follicles and increase my odds of conception, I wanted to add this treatment to a monitored cycle. Dr. Williams explained the risk of multiples and the expense of the drug which I appreciate but ultimately my husband and I wanted to move forward. We were willing to take on the risk and expense of this treatment but it was not what Dr. Williams wanted for us so the treatment was halted. Dr. Williams was very good at explaining why he thought the gonadotropins were a bad idea, he made sure all my questions were answered. I don't, however, feel that our input was taken into consideration. He told us that within 2 years, 90% of couples my age are successful at becoming pregnant. Being advised to remain patient for another full calendar year before moving onto more-aggressive treatment was heart-wrenching.
Be sure to self-advocate for yourself. Dr. Williams is very knowledgeable and professional, however, he is a busy man and has hundreds of patients. If there is a specific treatment that you think will benefit you, come armed with information and be prepared to defend your stance. Dr. Williams will give you stats and percentages and reference medical journals at the drop of a hat. I got a bit caught up in this and felt personally attacked but keep in mind that he has over 20 years of experience and he is trying to explain something in laymen's terms in your brief time together.
Dr. Williams is very nice. He is quite personable and made me feel relaxed and at ease in his care. However, Dr. Williams was always missing vital information from my medical records. I am allergic to latex and I always have to remind him to switch to the non-latex wand covers for my ultrasound monitoring. He also did not appear to have reviewed my husband's SA results and I had to remind him in my appointment to please do so.
Dr. Williams switched me from clomid to femara and we did monitored cycles with a trigger injection.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy/ McKinzie)
Both of Dr. Williams' nurses were wonderful to work with. If they sensed it was an emotional visit for me, they showed compassion as they passed me a box of tissues.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I am allergic to latex and I feel like I have to constantly remind the office not to use the latex covers on the ultrasound wands.
Columbus

I have enjoyed every visit with Dr. Williams. He explains things very clearly and draws pictures for explanation. He tells you answers before you can even ask the question, and offers multiple options including all pros and cons associated...Dr Williams knows his patients very well. He is able to call you by name in passing, not just from looking at a chart. He is very down to earth...I am planning a 7th IUI with gonadotrophins, multiple ultrasounds and estradiol checks.
The overall ambiance is positive. At times the waiting room [Ohio Repro Med] is crowded and the receptionist can be moody, but nothing that would turn me away from coming back. They are great to answer calls and send the requested information...There was a miscommunication on balance on the account. I was told I was paid up, and a week later was hit with a $500 statement balance...Nancy & Makenzie are extremely wonderful nurses
How was your experience with Steven Williams at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Best Doctor I’ve ever seen!
I have done 6 IUIs under Dr Williams. The first 5 were with donor sperm, and no medications. The 6th was done with donor sperm, Clomidand a trigger shot. I have had an HSG, multiple rounds of blood work (FSH, TSH, progesterone, AMH) ultrasounds, and everything has come back within normal values. I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility, with no family history of infertility. Due to the cost of an IVF, I am planning a 7th IUI with gonadotrophins, multiple ultrasounds and estradiol checks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy & Makenzie)
Nancy & Makenzie are extremely wonderful nurses if Dr Steve. They are very quick to return phone calls, very helpful, and can answer many questions without having to ask the Dr every little detail.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The overall ambiance is positive. At times the waiting room is crowded and the receptionist can be moody, but nothing that would turn me away from coming back. They are great to answer calls and send the requested information.
The donor sperm from the lab next door is $675 each purchase. His lab fee & procedure fees each IUI are $275
This has been brought up and he is only willing to do a single