Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
3303 S.W. Bond Avenue
Portland, OR 97239
503 418-4500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Oregon Health Sciences University to a friend?

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Dr. Wu is very knowlegable. She noticed an abnormaility on a previous test from another doctor that we didn't know about. She was quick to take action. ... I love that she works with my Naturopathic Primary Care Doctors so that we can reach our mutual goal. ... During the proceedure she found 6 to 7 Uterine Polyps and a thickened lining. She removed the polyups and shaved down my lining. Upon receiving the biospy resluts back we found I had complex hyerplasia without atypia.
I loved that on our first visit they [OHSU] scheduled us to see the Financial Coordinator and we discussed our treatment plan and pricing. They had a whole packet for us ready to go. Ever visit since has had the same feel. I don't think that this is a weekness, but sometimes appointments get pushed back due to proceedures or other things running long. I can appreicate that when you check in they have a sign showing how behind the doctor is.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Wu is very knowlegable. She noticed an abnormaility on a previous test from another doctor that we didn't know about. She was quick to take action. We hit a few bumps along the way, but she was great at adapting and adjusting the course of treatment for the next step. I ask a lot of questions and she gives me detailed answers. I love that she works with my Naturopathic Primary Care Doctors so that we can reach our mutual goal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
As as many questions as you feel you need to when taking the next step in your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr Wu is very honest and encouraging.
Describe the protocols Diana Wu used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
She located an abnormaility on a HSG test from a previous doctor that we didn't know about. She scheduled me for a Saline Infusion Sonogram which was unsuccesful due to the shape of my Cervix. She suggested a Hysteroscopy as I was uncomfrotable with jumping right in to surgery. She worked with my Naturopathic Primary Care Doctor for some treatments to soften my Cervix and dialate. After the second attempt was unsucessful, I was ready to proceed with the Hysteroscopy. During the proceedure she found 6 to 7 Uterine Polyps and a thickened lining. She removed the polyups and shaved down my lining. Upon receiving the biospy resluts back we found I had complex hyerplasia without atypia. She gave me progesterone for the next 2 months to regress the hyperplasia.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Dani (Dr Wu's Nurse))
Dani has been great!! She has answered all of my questions and put me at ease and was encouraging when discussing my Hysertocopy. Not just Dani is great, everyone that has helped us from checking in to fincial coordinators and nurses are amaizing. They are understanding and compasionate about the things that we are putting our bodies thru. I love that they are encouraging during proceedures.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They are very organized!!! I loved that on our first visit they scheduled us to see the Financial Coordinator and we discussed our treatment plan and pricing. They had a whole packet for us ready to go. Ever visit since has had the same feel. I don't think that this is a weekness, but sometimes appointments get pushed back due to proceedures or other things running long. I can appreicate that when you check in they have a sign showing how behind the doctor is. I know if it was me in that room, I would want the Doctor to focus on me and my case and not be in a hurry to see the next patient. When you come for a visit, plan for some additional time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University.
So far my insurance has covered my visits with 20% my responsibility. We plan to start IVF in 1 month that is not covered by my insurance.
Portland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University.

2009 - 2019
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr David Lee is a very compassionate and kind doctor. He is trustworthy. He explains things in details and tries to see the big picture and see it from your perspective. He listened and included you in the treatment plan. He was a busy doctor so a few times he was not available (including transfer day). ... He includes you in the treatment plan and fills you in on the good and the bad of a treatment plan. He doesn't treat you like your another number or paycheck.
We had several errors made by nursing staff [OHSU] with ordering medications (missed meds, filling out PA's, etc.) which resulted in cancelled treatments. We had a lot of questions for the Financial Counselors and felt as though our questions weren't answered at all or in a timely manner. Also, they didn't communicate with us on what deposit was due before the appointment so we came in and were shocked to find out we had a deposit due.
2009 - 2019
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with David Lee at Oregon Health Sciences University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Lee at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Research questions beforehand and go into the appointment with them. Be ready to figure out your treatment plan along side Dr David Lee.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Lee at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr David Lee is a very compassionate and kind doctor. He includes you in the treatment plan and fills you in on the good and the bad of a treatment plan. He doesn't treat you like your another number or paycheck.
Describe the protocols David Lee used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
We started our treatment using Clomid and timed intercourse. We did this for 6 rounds before moving onto IUI. For our IUI and eventually our IVF we used Menopur and Follistem. IUI was cancelled due to poor sperm penetration. We did a SPA test and eventually moved onto IVF. 17 eggs retrieved and out of those 6 fertilized. Two 3 Day embryos transferred. Negative pregnancy test.
Our nursing staff was friendly and kind when we came in for our initial consultation and for the first few appointments. When it came down to doing IUI and IVF and handling the medication aspect of it we found our nursing staff showed frustration with us and lacked communication. We made several calls daily to try to resolve issues that arrived. They ended up missing a critical medication which made us have to cancel our second IVF treatment. Which resulted in loss of time and money.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Our clinic was easy to find, accessible and clean. Staff was helpful on the phone when making an appointment and friendly in person when checking in. During the initial consultation the nurse was helpful in explaining the protocol and explaining how the injections worked. We had several errors made by nursing staff with ordering medications (missed meds, filling out PA's, etc.) which resulted in cancelled treatments. We had a lot of questions for the Financial Counselors and felt as though our questions weren't answered at all or in a timely manner. Also, they didn't communicate with us on what deposit was due before the appointment so we came in and were shocked to find out we had a deposit due.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Lee at Oregon Health Sciences University.
As our treatment started in 2009, the cost is hard to remember that far back. I do know our medications were just over $1,000 and we had to give a deposit of about $500 for the first initial appointment with Dr David Lee. Lab tests were out of network so I believe they were only covered at 30%.
Describe David Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Dr David Lee suggested eSET but my spouse and I chose to transfer 2 embryos. Dr David Lee did explain the pros and cons of each and encouraged us to talk it over as a couple.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Several of the medications on my protocol required prior authorization which I instructed the clinic ahead of time to allow them adequate time to do the paperwork and submit it to my insurance/pharmacy. Paperwork was never completed and submitted and my protocol start date came and went so my treatment had to be cancelled. I called several times that week checking on the paperwork and had to leave multiple voicemails and the nurse I spoke to was rude on the phone and made it seems like I was the one who messed up.
David Lee
Portland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Lee at Oregon Health Sciences University.

Dr. Wu was very open to hearing how many embryos we wanted to transfer at a time, and that was discussed before we even started the process so she knew what we wanted. She did tell me that she would only transfer a maximum of two embryos as she followed the guidelines for my age. However, after that we could decide what was best for us regarding a single or multiple embryos transfer...i remember the day the nurse called me to give my husband and I a positive pregnancy result. She said over the line that Dr. Wu literally “jumped with joy” when she found out I was pregnant that morning. It so warmed our hearts to know we weren’t just numbers on a page of clients but that we were cared for in our most vulnerable times.
The care coordinator [at Oregon Health Sciences University} answered every question I remember having and was so organized. I appreciated that because it showed we were in good hands. The nursing staff always treated me with respect and care. I didn’t have any bad experiences with them...I would say the only weakness of my clinic would be how the egg retrieval sedation worked. As opposed to putting me under general anesthesia, I was consciously sedated to the point I wasn’t supposed to remember anything but was supposed to be able to be functioning to listen to instructions during the procedure if needed.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Diana Wu was very honest and upfront. I so appreciated this because I didn’t want anything to be sugar-coated. I wanted someone who was compassionate yet business-like so that I knew what to expect and could see she had a definite course of action to get us pregnant. She was a great communicator and explained everything and their reasoning for it at length. She also took our wants and desires into consideration regarding religious beliefs and holding to those. Overall, I honestly cannot day anything negative about her and my experience. I would go back to her again in a heartbeat.
I would give anyone undergoing fertility treatment the same advice - take each day as it comes and to trust the doctors. Dr. Wu gave me every reason to trust her and it helped me not to worry and stress, which is so easy to succumb to. Take each moment in the process as it comes only think about that day at a time.
At every appointment it was evident Dr. Wu cared for her patients. One appointment sticks out in my mind the most. It was at our last appointment - an 8wk ultrasound for our twins. We were the last appointment of the day, and, without giving details, she had said that her prior appointment required her to give some bad news to her patients. It was obvious it affected her a lot. She said it was nice to end her day on a positive note by seeing two healthy babies and releasing me out of her care and onto a normal OB/GYN. it really struck me how much she cared for her patients by how candid she was about her prior patients’ struggles affecting her. Also, i remember the day the nurse called me to give my husband and I a positive pregnancy result. She said over the line that Dr. Wu literally “jumped with joy” when she found out I was pregnant that morning. It so warmed our hearts to know we weren’t just numbers on a page of clients but that we were cared for in our most vulnerable times.
Diana learned very early on through the testing they did that I was going to be very easy to stimulate with the hormone injections. She wanted to take my treatment very easy to make sure I wasn’t overstimulated, which could create underdeveloped eggs. I was on a Lupron protocol that stimulated me very easy. She wanted a balance of a good amount of eggs but also the maximum amount of eggs that were viable to be inseminated. Ultimately her drug protocol yielded 17 eggs - all of which were fully developed and able to be inseminated. She was so knowledgeable, and it was amazing to see how after each appointment she would anazlyze my numbers and adjust any amount of mediciation if needed. Ultimately, she herself did a fresh embryo transfer for me with two healthy embryos. She places the embryos perfectly in the spot she desired in my uterus. Both embryos implanted and yielded a live birth of twins!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: I am unsure at this time)
The care coordinator answered every question I remember having and was so organized. I appreciated that because it showed we were in good hands. The nursing staff always treated me with respect and care. I didn’t have any bad experiences with them.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
I would say the only weakness of my clinic would be how the egg retrieval sedation worked. As opposed to putting me under general anesthesia, I was consciously sedated to the point I wasn’t supposed to remember anything but was supposed to be able to be functioning to listen to instructions during the procedure if needed. The anesthesiologist didn’t give me enough, and I remember being in pain during the procedure. However, I remember just feeling so ready to be pregnant that I would have done anything. To this day, I would do that procedure again and be in pain to have a healthy baby again. Everything else was so well-oiled and professional. The clinic is a teaching hospital so there were residents that often were part of the appointments. Looking back it was neat to be part of training new doctors to help couples in this kind of heartbreaking need.
We paid roughly $22,000 when all was said and done. That included all the testing appointments, sperm collection/freezing, medications, and paying for the actual cycles themselves.
Describe Diana Wu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.

2016 - 2020
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
We did two medicated and one natural cycle of IVF using adopted embryos [with Dr. Diana Wu]. the medicated cycles did not work well for me so doctor adjusted the protocol to use the natural cycle which is when we were finally able to transfer the embryo. However the embryo was fairly low quality and did not stick...The doctor was pretty solid but I think she was overstretched because there was a lot of miscommunication through her nurse. And I got a lot of wrong information from her nurse as well. One example of this is missing starting a medication on time because nobody communicated the timeline with me until a few days after it was supposed to begin
I'm a little confused about who my primary nurse was [at Oregon Health Sciences University] because there was a couple transitions in terms of somebody on a vacation, but I did struggle with some of the communication like being a shirred that I was not going to miss deadlines and then calculating myself and recognizing that I had missed a deadline to start a meditation...I believe the whole process of IVF aside from medication was about $4,500. medications were maybe $200 per cycle.
2016 - 2020
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Stay on top of dates and make sure that you know ahead of time what to expect in terms of protocol
I went to Oregon reproductive medicine before OHSU, and then cold and clinical, OHSU was friendly and considerate even with bad news
We did two medicated and one natural cycle of IVF using adopted embryos. the medicated cycles did not work well for me so doctor adjusted the protocol to use the natural cycle which is when we were finally able to transfer the embryo. However the embryo was fairly low quality and did not stick.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University.
I'm a little confused about who my primary nurse was because there was a couple transitions in terms of somebody on a vacation, but I did struggle with some of the communication like being a shirred that I was not going to miss deadlines and then calculating myself and recognizing that I had missed a deadline to start a meditation
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
I love the flexibility of OHSU and how kind they were to me, people are always there and friendly. even on Christmas Eve when I had to come in for treatment people were friendly and kind. our weaknesses maybe that there are a lot of people in charge of your care so sometimes there's miscommunication.
She urged us to go with single embryo transfer because of the risks associated with multiples
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
As previously described there was some miscommunication in terms of medication and timing. I also ordered a very expensive series of medications only to be told that the protocol was changing, and then the nurse told me that I could return the medication when I talked about the expense and then when I got there that was incorrect.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Wu was incredibly thorough, thoughtful, clear, and kind. She understood our unique situation and gave us clear, evidence-based options. She didn’t sugar-coat, but was sympathetic...She gives all the information, based on the latest research -- offering the projected outcomes based on different routes. She is realistic and yet empathetic. As an older patient, I appreciated that she was realistic about our chances but respected our decisions.
you'll mostly be communicating through the nurse [at Oregon Health Sciences University]...we got 9 mature eggs, which was very good considering my low AMH. All 9 fertilized. Only 2 made it to blast on day 5, so we proceeded to a fresh transfer. Sadly, none of the others made it to freeze and the two transferred resulted in a chemical pregnancy...For the most part, the nursing staff was very organized and great at communicating.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Prepare all the questions that you might have when you have your first appointment. That is when you'll get the most in-depth time with her. After that, you'll mostly be communicating through the nurse unless she is the one scheduled for one of your procedures/monitoring appointments.
Dr. Wu adjusted the protocol when my follow-up FSH came back lower than it had been previously. We did an estrogen-priming (with Ganirelex at the end) start followed by max dose stims with Follistim and Menopur with Ganrirelex at the end. We planned to proceed to PGS testing and freeze-all if the cycle resulted in at least 3-4 blasts. If fewer, we planned a fresh transfer. I appreciated the flexibility. In the end, we got 9 mature eggs, which was very good considering my low AMH. All 9 fertilized. Only 2 made it to blast on day 5, so we proceeded to a fresh transfer. Sadly, none of the others made it to freeze and the two transferred resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Dani)
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
While it is sometimes frustrating that you end up seeing whichever doctor is on that week for your monitoring or procedures, honestly, I really appreciated knowing that all the doctors were meeting to discuss each case every day. It makes me feel like there are multiple viewpoints, points of expertise, and years of experience coming to bear on each decision. I also actually liked all the doctors that I saw (Dr. Amato, Dr. Krieg, and Dr. Wu). As an LGBT family, we felt very safe and recognized. The one point that I would love to see OHSU change is their approach to known/directed donors. This is a common challenge across the country, but we end up jumping through many hoops that add a LOT to our cost. Brian in andrology agreed that it was unfair and needed to be changed, but we have not seen any results yet. However, I would absolutely go back if we had the finances to pay for another cycle.
We spent 2,760.00 on the directed donor 5,429.43 on medications 1,200.00 pre-cycle procedures and consult 13,220.00 on the one IVF cycle

2016 - 2019
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Krieg] informed us of everything possible and gave us realistic expectations. She was also so compassionate and understanding of our losses. We were with her for almost 4 years and she made the whole process so much easier. I couldn’t imagine going through all we did without a doctor like her and her colleagues (OHSU) ... she suggested doing 3 IUI’s before moving forward with IVF. We had no luck with those and had to go through 3 rounds of IVF before having a live birth. We used clomid, lupron, Estradiol and progesterone throughput the process.
We went to OHSU fertility after trying to conceive for 2 years. ... Great with scheduling but not always on time. Usually a 20-30 min wait. Clinic was easy to find and very clean. Everyone that we worked with at the front office was very helpful With check in and billing. ... All the nurses were fantastic except for our primary nurse. That would be my only complaint. ...
2016 - 2019
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I have nothing bad to say about her. She informed us of everything possible and gave us realistic expectations. She was also so compassionate and understanding of our losses. We were with her for almost 4 years and she made the whole process so much easier. I couldn’t imagine going through all we did without a doctor like her and her colleagues.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
That you are with the best and if you aren’t getting answers through her nurse or other administration, email her directly and she will always call you. She always has time for you and your questions/concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
From day one she was amazing. This is such a hard process and she made both me and my husband feel like she would be there with us the whole way. I can’t say enough about her support throughout this process.
Describe the protocols Sacha Krieg used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
We went to OHSU fertility after trying to conceive for 2 years. After bloodwork and testing, she suggested doing 3 IUI’s before moving forward with IVF. We had no luck with those and had to go through 3 rounds of IVF before having a live birth. We used clomid, lupron, Estradiol and progesterone throughput the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University.
We did a package from an outside source and that was approximately $28000. Not including medications for retrieval or each cycle. Total, we probably spent close to $40000.
Describe Sacha Krieg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
We didn’t want to run the risk of multiples, so we did 1 at a time.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr. Amato was lovely and very easy to work with. She wasn't the most talkative person, but she was always there to answer questions we had, which was great ... She wasn't the one to usually initiate conversations, so we learned to have a list of everything we wanted to know for visits. We saw her very rarely, and mostly dealt with nurses or other doctors, though she was our main doctor.
As previously stated, my only critisicm of the clinic [OHSU] is the lack of communication between us (the IP's) and the clinic and our GC. Lots of frustating calls and random bills in the mail that could have been avoided if there was a central person we could discuss on all matters, instead of speaking to the doctor, then the nurse, then finance, then billing, etc.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Amato was lovely and very easy to work with. She wasn't the most talkative person, but she was always there to answer questions we had, which was great..............................................................
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Prepare every question you could ever have about the process, and have it with you for the appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Amato was very nice, and answered all questions we asked of her. She wasn't the one to usually initiate conversations, so we learned to have a list of everything we wanted to know for visits. We saw her very rarely, and mostly dealt with nurses or other doctors, though she was our main doctor.
Describe the protocols Paula Amato used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
During our donor egg retreival, they discovered not as many follicles growing as they wanted. So they decided to stop the cycle, reset, and do it again. She predicted it would yeild a better result, and it did! We got 23 mature eggs, and ended up with 13 healthy embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
My only real beef with OHSU is that it's VERY difficult to communicate with everyone and be on the same page. We would get info on one thing, and a cost, and a month later find out something else happened and it cost twice the price, and nobody had let us know. Either having one nurse be in charge of everything for each couple, or something else would help this alot. We had a lot of phone calls with the billing and finance departmetns that were frustrating because nobody was talking to each other. And it's a shame, because it's a lovely place and everybody was very nice and seemed to truly care about us.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
As previously stated, my only critisicm of the clinic is the lack of communication between us (the IP's) and the clinic and our GC. Lots of frustating calls and random bills in the mail that could have been avoided if there was a central person we could discuss on all matters, instead of speaking to the doctor, then the nurse, then finance, then billing, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University.
We spent approximately $38,000 for donor eggs ($7,000), embryo creation, and 1 transfer, as well as the corresponding doctors appointments.
Describe Paula Amato's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Dr. Amato strongly preferred a SET, which after exhaustive research and many discussions, we agreed with. For both the health of the baby, and the GC
Portland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
she [Dr. Amato] has mentioned before IVF was started that she would recommend a single egg transfer due to the risk of multiples and having a bicornuate uterus...I received an MRI to verify that my previously diagnosed bicornuate uterus was not a uterine septum, which would require surgery prior to IVF treatment. I was also prescribed an extra medication called Saizen during the egg retrieval process to improve my egg quality.
they [Oregon Health Sciences Univeristy] offer different “packages” from 2 different financing companies. Our specific package included: 2 egg retrievals, up to 2 fresh embryo transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers from fresh cycles. This package was one of the more expensive options at $23,705.78...You do have a primary doctor and nurse but I personally have only been scheduled with my primary people a few times. I’ve seen other doctors and nurses at the clinic many times.
European, East Asian
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
To be completely honest, out of the many times I’ve been to the clinic, I’ve only seen Amato twice. (All the doctor’s work togetherat theclinic and even have daily meetings to discuss patients) But each time she was great. Very knowledgeable and answered our questions. We had been going through fertility care for awhile so we thought we knew a lot but she explained a lot more.
We read reviews online of Amato beforehand and a few said to make sure to ask questions. I feel she explained everything well before us asking any questions we had about our own personal care.
Interested in our journey, listened to our concerns, available for questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
I saw several nurses since I started treatment there and every one has been great. This may seem like an odd thing to be happy about but they are all great at drawing blood. I bruise very easily and having to have blood draw every 1-2 days is tough on my veins. Luckily I only bruised once from my blood draw, which makes me very happy since I use my arms a lot at work. They have all been very helpful too. My personal nurse Rachel is always willing to communicate with me, especially through email since my work schedule doesn’t work very well with her work schedule.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
One thing you’ll have to be is willing to see any doctor or nurse available. They tell you that they all work together at the consult. I personally think it’s great but I could see it confusing or annoying some people who like to stick with the same people. You do have a primary doctor and nurse but I personally have only been scheduled with my primary people a few times. I’ve seen other doctors and nurses at the clinic many times.
I don’t remember specifics but they offer different “packages” from 2 different financing companies. Our specific package included: 2 egg retrievals, up to 2 fresh embryo transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers from fresh cycles. This package was one of the more expensive options at $23,705.78
We’re not quite at that stage yet but she has mentioned before IVF was started that she would recommend a single egg transfer due to the risk of multiples and having a bicornuate uterus.
Portland

While we are still seeing Dr. Hedges as my husband's urologist, our experience so far has been excellent. He cares not just about his patients, but also about finding the "why" behind what is happening.... After our consultation, Dr. Hedges wanted to run blood work for hormone levels and run another semen analysis. My husband hadn't had blood work done yet, and his first SA done at a different clinic showed numbers less than two million, so he wanted to do another test.
The OHSU Fertility Consultants clinic has a lot of resources available. All of the fertility doctors work together and communicate well. One thing I love about them is that because they are a research and teaching hospital, I feel like we have a medical staff that is willing to try many different avenues to help us reach our goal... Between using the online health portal for communication and testing results, and finding a hospital closer to us within their network for testing, it has really been a major stress reliever to not have to make that trip every time.
How was your experience with Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University?
While we are still seeing Dr. Hedges as my husband's urologist, our experience so far has been excellent. He cares not just about his patients, but also about finding the "why" behind what is happening. He is an excellent communicator and makes us feel important. So many times, you feel as if doctors don't have much spare time to give you either in an appointment, or responding to an email. While I do believe he is very busy, I have never felt that way with him. He takes his time, explains things thoroughly, and responds quickly. Talking about male factor infertility is a delicate subject, but Dr. Hedges made us feel very comfortable. While he is optimistic, he also does not put unrealistic expectations in front of us. He has always been able to perfectly balance reality with optimism; a great feat in the infertility world.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Come with a lot of questions because he will take the time to answer them. Also, it is absolutely worth it to sign up for the online health management since he will actually effectively utilize it with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Hedges sat and had an actual conversation with us. He was calm, caring, and didn't seem rushed at all. While I'm sure he had many patients to see, we didn't feel pushed along. It felt like he really cared and deeply wanted to help us understand the root cause of our infertility. He answered all questions we had thoroughly, and both he and his staff have continued to do so via email ever since.
Describe the protocols Jason Hedges used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
After our consultation, Dr. Hedges wanted to run blood work for hormone levels and run another semen analysis. My husband hadn't had blood work done yet, and his first SA done at a different clinic showed numbers less than two million, so he wanted to do another test. Both of these choices made sense to us and were what we expected. My husband's testosterone levels were normal, but his FSH levels were somewhat elevated. The SA showed zero sperm, which is when he was diagnosed with azoospermia. After this first round of tests, Dr. Hedges recommended the next step of micro-TESE surgery along with blood work to check for any chromosomal abnormalities. The surgery is the logical next step to see if there is even any sperm available to be used for IVF/ICSI, and the extra blood work is to check for any other underlying issues. We haven't received the blood work results yet, but I'm assuming no news is good news. My husband's surgery date is scheduled for about 5 weeks out, so we won't know the results until that time.
We haven't had too much interaction with nurses yet, but they have been professional and kind. The nurse who communicates with us via the online health portal has been very responsive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The OHSU Fertility Consultants clinic has a lot of resources available. All of the fertility doctors work together and communicate well. One thing I love about them is that because they are a research and teaching hospital, I feel like we have a medical staff that is willing to try many different avenues to help us reach our goal that other clinics might not in order to protect their results ratio/data. All of the staff members that we have come in contact with (doctors, nurses, lab techs, billing, etc) have been kind, patient, and understanding. The poor woman we were in touch with to schedule my husband's surgery had to deal with us calling back about five times in a row with various questions. Never once did she seem annoyed or inconvenienced. The communication has been excellent and we have always felt cared for. I would say that the main drawback of this clinic is their size. While the bigger size does provide more resources, it can take a longer time to get in for an appointment, and scheduling things like surgery can take longer. To be fair, though, I think we who battle infertility are always in a rush to get started on treatment, so the timeline might be perfectly normal. Getting set up as a new patient was quite easy. The referral process takes awhile no matter where you are, but once we were in touch, they were responsive. The one time it felt like it took awhile was after my husband's SA to schedule his surgery. They said we'd hear from their surgery scheduler within two weeks, and I think we waited a little over that amount of time. The clinic has been very flexible and accommodating with us. We live about an hour and a half away, so they have been great about finding ways to not make us come all the way there. Between using the online health portal for communication and testing results, and finding a hospital closer to us within their network for testing, it has really been a major stress reliever to not have to make that trip every time. Overall, we feel like we're in very good hands with this clinic, and would definitely recommend it to others.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Initial Consult - $332.00 Semen Analysis - $110.00 Chromosome Blood Work - $1044.40 Micro-TESE surgery - About $9,000. Final total not know yet, but this was the quote they gave us.
Jason Hedges
Portland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University.

1 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
OHSU offers discounted financing options for fertility treatments through Attain and ARC. I’m 39 and was able to buy a package of three retrievals with unlimited transfers through attain for around $30K (with an option to get some $$ back if this protocol didn’t result in a pregnancy. The package didn’t include medications or genetic testing (maybe $15K more for 3 rounds of retrievals).
1 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I was referred to Dr. Krieg by another practioner. What I love about Dr. Krieg is that she is optimistic and compassionate (while still being realistic about outcomes). I’m 39 with an FSH of 15 and an AMH of 0.29 and I loved that she viewed these numbers as a challenge to overcome instead of a death sentence. In fact her words were, “Don’t worry, I’ve had patients have full term healthy pregnancies with these numbers”. I loved hearing that.
Do your research on Fertility IQ first, so you can come prepared with questions to ask.
My husband and I had two pregnancy losses, two surgeries for endometriosis and a failed IUI by the time we started IVF with Dr. Krieg. She has been nothing short of amazing and we appreciate how much compassion she has for our situation. The staff at OHSU, including Dr. Krieg, has been warm and all have been completely available to me through their patient portal or via phone call. I’ve always received a timely call back from the office. We never feel like a number.
I’m midway through the first round of egg retrieval via IVF. Here is the protocol protocol I am on: Climara transdermal Patch (due to my high FSH) Ganirelix x 3 days Menopur 2 powder vials - AM Daily Follistim 300 Units - PM Daily Saizen - PM every other day Ganirelix again until follicles are 12-14mm Retrieval will likely occur sometime between 10-16 days of stimulation medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Val)
So far, the handful of nurses I have interacted with have been nothing short of impressive. All have been kind, good listeners, concerned for our well being and of course, hopeful for a good outcome.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
For starters, the office has a very soothing vibe to it. The amount of natural light helps (I’ve been to other offices where it seems you’re stuck in a fluorescent cave). The front desk is friendly, no one has been rude or short with us. I was referred here by a very close friend (who is picky!!) and would definitely refer others here.
Dr. Kreig did not recommend multiple embryo transfer. We will be genetic testing all embryos (due to previous pregnancy losses) and she suggested multiple rounds would get us the most eggs to work with. With my FSH/AMH numbers, history of ovarian damage (due to recurring endometrioma on my ovaries) Dr. Krieg estimated we might get 1, maybe 2 embryos per retrieval that could be genetic tested. So we weren’t really good candidates for multiple embryo transfer anyway.
Portland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University.

Dr Wu is extremely patient and takes the time to explain how each step of the process works and then goes over results and any questions thouroughly. She is amazing to work with! ... On top of that she’s patient and explains procedures, expectations and options in a way that’s easy to understand. ... Our first retrieval cycle we did a fairly normal protocol and it all went according to plan. ... I never feel like I’m asking a silly question or that I’m wasting her time. ...
Patient portal is amazing. Super responsive. Nursing staff [OHSU] is great, drs are amazing. ... We opted for a package. Two retrival cycles (no meds included) and unlimited transfers until live birth. Cost for that was approx $26k. ... Parking could be better but am appts make it easier. They do have free validation and covered parking so not horrible but sometimes it can get busy. ...
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr Wu is thourough and very knowledgeable. On top of that she’s patient and explains procedures, expectations and options in a way that’s easy to understand. I never feel like I’m asking a silly question or that I’m wasting her time.
She is my favorite of three clinics that we interviewed. Do your research though, but imho we love her!
Our first retrieval cycle we did a fairly normal protocol and it all went according to plan. We started with a consultation and baseline scan. We then got started on all of our testing for both my partner and I. Lots of bloodwork. All levels and results looked normal. We were put on birth control, menopur (2 vials), follistim (150), Ganirelix and pregnyl. Our retrival went smoothly and I had very minor pain afterward. They did notice a polyp that I will need to have removed before my FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Dani Greene)
Dani is amazing! oHSU has an app and they are always quick to respond! She answers all of my questions and concerns and lays out schedules and plans before I even think I need them! Amazing!
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Patient portal is amazing. Super responsive. Nursing staff is great, drs are amazing. Parking could be better but am appts make it easier. They do have free validation and covered parking so not horrible but sometimes it can get busy. Waiting area has great views but not much else. Front desk at some of the private clinics feels better (more spa like and attentive) but not huge on my priority list.
We opted for a package. Two retrival cycles (no meds included) and unlimited transfers until live birth. Cost for that was approx $26k. Drugs for retrival cycle was around $3700. Pgs testing was $1800 for biopsy and $1875 to igenomix (1500 pgs and 375 shopping)
Dr Wu only will place 1 in at a time unless special cases arise. I appreciate that.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
The consultation with her [Dr. Krieg] was wonderful. She seemed to really listen to me and did her best to relate to me.... It seems like she knows what she’s doing. I’ve had any labs done and she is the only one to see something off with my thyroid. The one IUI I had was with the on call Dr Lee. He was very kind as well but it would’ve been nice to have Dr Krieg there for my first procedure.... I have been placed on Bromocriptine, levoxythrine and Clomid. I was given an Ovidril in case I need it.
They [Oregon Health Sciences] didn’t let me know how much I was expected to pay at my IUI until 10 minutes before I got there. Thankfully I had the money. I would advise that you get a breakdown of payment expected ahead of time. I also would make sure you ask lots of questions but also do your own research before you go.... I had to pay $460 at the time of IUI. My ultrasounds are separate at around $500 per ultrasound. The ovidril shot was $100
Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
It seems like she knows what she’s doing. I’ve had any labs done and she is the only one to see something off with my thyroid. The one IUI I had was with the on call Dr Lee. He was very kind as well but it would’ve been nice to have Dr Krieg there for my first procedure. It seemed like they assumed I knew what to do ie lay down for 15 minutes after the IUI. I got up right away and left without knowing. I think it would be good for them to make sure to know where the patient is in her journey.
Make sure you ask plenty of questions
The consultation with her was wonderful. She seemed to really listen to me and did her best to relate to me.
I have been placed on Bromocriptine, levoxythrine and Clomid. I was given an Ovidril in case I need it. I take the clomid on days 3-7 of my period. I get an ultrasound on day 12 and also use the ovulation strips to test myself. I’m in month 3. The 2nd try, she cancelled the IUI due to my ultrasound results. She added provera this round. My next ultrasound is on the 13th.
Very helpful and friendly
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They didn’t let me know how much I was expected to pay at my IUI until 10 minutes before I got there. Thankfully I had the money. I would advise that you get a breakdown of payment expected ahead of time. I also would make sure you ask lots of questions but also do your own research before you go. That way you are prepared to ask the correct questions.
Portland

She [Dr. Diana Wu] helped me track a full cycle, coordinated medication and planned the egg retrieval. Unfortunately my eggs began to mature in two different ‘cohorts’ so she had to make a decision to take those ready early or late, we could not get all...She allowed us to opt for a semi natural transfer cycle with the healthier of the two frozen embryos. It was based on my ovulation so I didn’t have to take meds outside of the progesterone suppository. She placed the embryo precisely and it implanted exactly where she planned...She was honest and respected our intelligence. But she was also compassionate and kind.
OHSU was the third clinic we went to and the experience was the best by far! They were not only skilled, but nice and treated us like real people and not just patients. They seemed to all be interested in the work of helping build families and not concerned about money...Dani [nurse] was great, other nurses were always professional, skilled and compassionate...They worked hard to get our insurance to cover as much as possible. I think we ended up paying about 11,000 out of pocket, with over half being medication copays. This is compared to 26,000+ we were quoted at other clinics.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Wu gave us world class care. She was clear about risks and expectations. She respected our unique situation(s). She is highly skilled and a talented physician. We will only use Dr. Wu going forward.
Go to her first!
Dr. Wu used all my previous tests and treatment history to avoid making us repeat testing. She helped me track a full cycle, coordinated medication and planned the egg retrieval. Unfortunately my eggs began to mature in two different ‘cohorts’ so she had to make a decision to take those ready early or late, we could not get all. She did the final ovary scan to ensure accuracy. After another doctor did the retrieval, the office sent the 2 final embryos for genetic testing. She allowed us to opt for a semi natural transfer cycle with the healthier of the two frozen embryos. It was based on my ovulation so I didn’t have to take meds outside of the progesterone suppository. She placed the embryo precisely and it implanted exactly where she planned.
Dani was great, other nurses were always professional, skilled and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
OHSU was the third clinic we went to and the experience was the best by far! They were not only skilled, but nice and treated us like real people and not just patients. They seemed to all be interested in the work of helping build families and not concerned about money like some other places.
All in all I think it was about 19,000-21,000 (not counting a polyp removal caused by the fertility medication). They worked hard to get our insurance to cover as much as possible. I think we ended up paying about 11,000 out of pocket, with over half being medication copays. This is compared to 26,000+ we were quoted at other clinics.
Originally we wanted to try for twins. But in our first appointment Dr. Wu explained the dangers of ‘putting all your eggs on one basket’ and mentioned a flu or even a fall could cause us to loose both. After the advice we decided it was best to only transfer one.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Krieg] ran basic fertility levels and HSG as well as genetic testing on me and a semen analysis which showed no male infertility. My only treatment with her was one cycle with a dosage of 50mg Clomid on days 3-7 of my cycle, which yielded no response, so they had me immediately do another few days of 100mg Clomid which again yielded zero response. The only other option they offered me was to do high dose injections and IUI. Which was too expensive for us to even try since I have a low chance of it working due to low AMH and a blocked tube.
Appropriate tests were not ordered prior to starting treatments [at Oregon Health Sciences University]. -Information was hard to get and confusing. -Felt more like a number than a person. -Left confused, and heartbroken...They said that my injections should only have cost around $1,000 but that was no where near what it actually was going to be (closer to $6,000+). Everything else was luckily covered for the most part, however my insurance will not cover infertility treatments.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Sacha was sweet and listened to me at our consultation appointment, and had a very personable personality. Appointments were brief, but appeared caring, and non judgmental, and tried to relate to me as best she could.
Be your own advocate, and don't be afraid to push for more answers.
Sacha Krieg was a great doctor and enjoyed the very little face time I got with her, however it was difficult to get in touch with her and her staff as they are very busy and I am a needy client due to my health issues. While under her care I was diagnosed with extremely low AMH levels, elevated FSH, and a blocked tube at age 26; all of this stems from my cancer treatments as a child. I found it upsetting that they didn't rerun my labs prior to treatment(there was a year or more in between testing and treatment). I also found it upsetting that I was only given 2 rounds(in 1 cycle) of Clomid before they said it wouldn't work and pushed me on to high dose injections, which was going to cost thousands of dollars, they didn't seem to have any different plans available to me especially due to they contending that I am not an IVF candidate. It was then we decided to "give up" on our journey. After doing much research and speaking with people like me I have found some hope, even after my spontaneous natural pregnancy ended in a second trimester loss due to what they believe was Cervical Incompetence in December 2019. My husband however had a much better experience and has no complaints but he also does not have any male fertility issues.
She ran basic fertility levels and HSG as well as genetic testing on me and a semen analysis which showed no male infertility. My only treatment with her was one cycle with a dosage of 50mg Clomid on days 3-7 of my cycle, which yielded no response, so they had me immediately do another few days of 100mg Clomid which again yielded zero response. The only other option they offered me was to do high dose injections and IUI. Which was too expensive for us to even try since I have a low chance of it working due to low AMH and a blocked tube.
It was difficult to get through to the nursing staff and they didn't seem very knowledgeable to me. My husband had no complaints except that they didn't do semen analysis on weekends or late in the day.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
I know many other people who have had great success with them, and better experiences than I experienced. My husband liked the clinic a lot, the only down side was the time slots available for sperm analysis. OHSU is an incredible hospital system, but it is a busy one. Make sure to do your own research and ask as many questions as you need to. Be your own advocate!
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
-Appropriate tests were not ordered prior to starting treatments. -Information was hard to get and confusing. -Felt more like a number than a person. -Left confused, and heartbroken.

2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
The facility [Oregon Health Sciences U] and all staff we worked with are great -- and they have all been very willing to work with us and accommodate us from a different state. Very gay friendly as well. The only negative I can think of comes from explanation of costs. We were given a rough estimate of cost...but it became hard to follow along w/ what each new charge was and how it tied back to the estimate.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
As a gay couple, we found Dr. Amato to be welcoming, helpful, knowledgeable and professional. We were very happy with her both in terms of outcome and patient experience. Given that we lived out of state, she was especially accommodating in setting time to consult before we chose OHSU, to meet during treatment, and to arrange for skype/phone communication whenever possible. When our first attempt at egg retrieval didn't yield enough follicles, she adjusted course and the result the second time was great.
The advice I'd give about Dr. Amato is similar to the advice I'd give about any doctor -- namely, you'll likely be talking to the nurse more than the doctor on in-between appointments...so make sure to take advantage of her when you're face to face or on the phone. She's very willing to answer questions and return calls...i just had'nt realized going in that the IPs see the actual doctor for a relatively few number of appointments.
She was always willing to go the extra mile to accommodate our needs, answer our questions, and work w/ us remotely via skype, phone, etc.
Not sure I can recount these very well. We had the donor on a cocktail of hormones/meds to help her prepare for retrieval, and those had to be adjusted after the first round didn't yield enough. GC was on progesterone and estrace before and after transfer. We only transferred one embryo.
Our primary nurse left the clinic very early in the process, so we had an interim nurse for a period, and then transitioned to a new full-time nurse. This for the most part didn't cause major issues, but it did mean that someone was always playing catch up. Not their fault, of course.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The facility and all staff we worked with are great -- and they have all been very willing to work with us and accommodate us from a different state. Very gay friendly as well. The only negative I can think of comes from explanation of costs. We were given a rough estimate of cost...but it became hard to follow along w/ what each new charge was and how it tied back to the estimate. A few times we had to bounce between the financial coordinator, nurse, and billing to reconcile why there was a difference between what we had expected to pay and what bills arrived. Overall the cost was not dramatically different from the estimate -- but it was at times frustrating along the way to try to keep track of what was what. Everyone was very friendly, but this was the one example where things could have been more smooth.
My recollection is that we were told we could do either -- but through our research, and talking w/ the doctor and GC, we determined that a single embryo transfer was less risky and therefore the right approach.
Portland

She [Dr. Wu] is very warm. Great bedside manner. But, they don't treat the male and he is 50% of the issue! They also don't use alternative medications and stick to protocols that may not be enough for people. I did recommend her to a friend so I like her enough but I'm not going back to her.... I had mild pcos. They don't educate you on the meds and what they're for. We used lupron, follistim, menopur, ovidrel and progesterone.
They [Oregon Health Sciences University] are by the books. Do not use alternative medications and treatment approaches. They are expensive but in line with most other clinics. The team of doctors may have some team issues but when I went through, it felt very cohesive. They will not prescribe any medications for the male... She [nurse] was very nice the one time I met her but I sensed irritation with my emails and when I emailed to tell them I'd had a natural pregnancy
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
She is very warm. Great bedside manner. But, they don't treat the male and he is 50% of the issue! They also don't use alternative medications and stick to protocols that may not be enough for people. I did recommend her to a friend so I like her enough but I'm not going back to her. Instead I'm using a clinic in NY
Do your own research and be your own advocate. Look up alternative or complimentary medications and procedures and ask about them.
My emails were answered quickly. She spent a good amount of time on the phone after my failed transfers. Disappointed that they put you in a box and don't think outside of it for protocols, especially if you have failure. When I had a miscarriage, Dr. Wu was very empathetic but the nurse answering my email didn't offer condolences at all and I had been working with them for 6 or more months. That felt bad.
I had mild pcos. They don't educate you on the meds and what they're for. We used lupron, follistim, menopur, ovidrel and progesterone. We got 17 eggs, 5 5 day blasts. 1 live birth. 1 20w miscarrige. For FET we did estrace and had to increase it for lining thickness. Unsuccessful.
She was very nice the one time I met her but I sensed irritation with my emails and when I emailed to tell them I'd had a natural pregnancy, Dani didn't offer condolences at all. It was pretty hurtful
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They are by the books. Do not use alternative medications and treatment approaches. They are expensive but in line with most other clinics. The team of doctors may have some team issues but when I went through, it felt very cohesive. They will not prescribe any medications for the male
Around $16-18 not including meds. FET $2500
We did a fresh transfer of 2 because they were going to discard one. Both took but lost 1 at 20 weeks. She let me transfer what I wanted
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
We had failed transfers. I did 2 FET with my 3 remaining embryos 3 years later and they failed. I'd developed hashimoto after my son and Dr. Wu only considered the failure was related to my age/bad embryos, and I disagree. They don't stick with upcoming research and wouldn't offer me any adjuvant medication or treatment
Portland

My doctor [Dr. Wu] was aggressive and I liked that. Unfortunately I found out later that her aggressive treatment was actually not the correct approach. She miss that I had Poly cystic ovaries and therefore her treatment plan was ultimately unsafe. ... I really got the feeling that she was trying as hard as she could and that she genuinely cared about me and my desire to start a family.
The androlgy department [OHSU] was fantastic. They really took great care of my donor and made that process as smooth and easy as possible. The reception desk was also great. They clearly would post wait times for your doctor upon check in which was appreciated. ... My nurse was very good at getting back to me quickly with any questions that I had. If she was out she always had someone cover for her. She was simply a nice person to work with and it was greatly appreciated!
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Diana is great at explains everything clearly and treating you like a human being. She is in your team the whole way through. She really makes you feel like she cares. Unfortunately in my case she misdiagnosed Atypical POCs and therefore I will not be returning to her for further treatment. I do feel like this was missed simply due to lack of knowledge.
Dr. Wu is very kind and great at explaining the treatment. I would encourage you to ask her why she is choosing the treatment that she is. Making sure that she is looking at the whole picture.
I really felt like Dr. Wu was in this with me and wanted a pregnancy for me just as much as I did. I really got the feeling that she was trying as hard as she could and that she genuinely cared about me and my desire to start a family.
IUI with Letrizole x2. Negative pregnancy on both. IUI with Letrizole and follicle stimulation. Positive pregnancy ending in misscarrage at 11w ultrasound. D&C. The fetus was tested and came back with Turner Syndrome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Oanh)
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The androlgy department was fantastic. They really took great care of my donor and made that process as smooth and easy as possible. The reception desk was also great. They clearly would post wait times for your doctor upon check in which was appreciated.
Each IUI cost around $2,000. Not including medications.
My doctor was aggressive and I liked that. Unfortunately I found out later that her aggressive treatment was actually not the correct approach. She miss that I had Poly cystic ovaries and therefore her treatment plan was ultimately unsafe. She and all the doctors and nurses at OHSU were very nice to work with. They were kind and supportive but in the end they weren’t actually doing what was. Eat for me in my situation.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Atbthe time I was unaware of the fact hat I had Poly Cystic ovaries. I have now been diagnosed and looking back upon my treatment at OHSU this was missed and therefore my treatment was not appropriate.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Amato is a very practical doctor. She is clearly very smart and analytical, and that worked really well for me. She did a great job responding to questions. I also always felt like I knew that plan and that she was taking my concerns into account. She was realistic in her expectations, but also encouraging and hopefully with us for the end result....Dr. Amato will be attentive and will absolutely provide information when requested, but she will not be a hand holder.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Amato is a very practical doctor. She is clearly very smart and analytical, and that worked really well for me. She did a great job responding to questions. I also always felt like I knew that plan and that she was taking my concerns into account. She was realistic in her expectations, but also encouraging and hopefully with us for the end result. Her approach is friendly, but not as warm as other doctors. In addition, while she was great at responding to lots of questions, she didn't volunteer information as generously as other doctors might. This worked out ok for us since I always came in well-informed with lots of questions, but if you need your doctor to be more of a impetus for that, Dr. Amato might not be as good of a fit.
It's important to know that fertility doctors have a lot of patients and their main role is to develop a plan to get you pregnant. Dr. Amato will be attentive and will absolutely provide information when requested, but she will not be a hand holder. Luckily, her nurse Rachel does a great job doing some of the more logistical helping and answering the inevitable endless questions that come up during the process. Rachel works very closely with Dr. Amato.
Dr. Amato always made us feel comfortable and we never felt rushed getting our questions answered. She was very realistic and down to earth about everything. She isn't the most 'touchy feely' doctor, but that worked well for us. We wanted the information straight up with adequate time to address our concerns, and we got that with Dr. Amato.
Rachel did an excellent job. She was always very patient with questions and fast in responding to emails. She offered up best practices and tactics to get through the process and was always incredibly organized with the paperwork that was necessary. Rachel showed a lot of compassion and understood how emotional the infertility process could be. We were very grateful to have her as our primary contact as we went through IVF.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
OHSU does a really great job of coordinating care. The steps I needed to take throughout the process was crystal clear and the clinic was very organized. The facilities were wonderful and they have an amazing view of the Willamette river. OHSU is organized in such a way that you have one doctor as your primary point of contact, but most of your procedures will rotate between the four doctors. All four of the doctors were really wonderful and they have excellent coordination with each other. The only procedures I had that were not performed by a doctor were early cycle ultrasounds.
- Meeting with the doctor for a consult was $250. - Pre-Cycle diagnostic expenses cost about $2,000 in total. - IUI cost about $500, then another $325 if we did an ultrasound first. - My IVF stimulation medications were about $3,500 from the OHSU pharmacy. - OHSU has IVF package options. We chose a non-refund package for two IVF cycles at $21,000. - PGS testing was $3,800. Of this $1,800 was paid to OHSU for biopsy and the rest was paid to the testing lab for up to 8 embryos.
Dr. Amato had a strong preference for me to transfer only one embryo since we were doing PGS testing and I was 33 at the time. That was fine with me, so we didn't have any further discussions on the topic.

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Hedges is compassionate, an active listener, and is willing to be pro-active in your treatment plan and care. We have chosen to seek care through a urologist who specializes in fertility due to our desire to find the underlying cause of the "male factor" diagnosis... Clomid and eventually HcG (for male factor use) to help boost Tesosterone and improve sperm count and other values Eventually he was able to diagnose a prostatic cyst through further testing & MRI
The urology unit and andrology lab at the Fertility Clinic at OHSU have all been very kind and compassionate... Our only area of poor experience has been with communication between the hospital billing and our insurance, for the things have been covered. We have had to continually stay on top of insurance billing to fix errors, which has been stressful and complicated....Our costs have varied - as some visits have been covered with a 50% co-insurance, but once diagnosed with prostatic mass/cyst,
European, Latino
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Hedges is compassionate, an active listener, and is willing to be pro-active in your treatment plan and care. We have chosen to seek care through a urologist who specializes in fertility due to our desire to find the underlying cause of the "male factor" diagnosis - we had found previously that other Dr's (urologists who were said to be specializing in fertility) really had no interest in helping us. We have always felt like Dr. Hedges is the exact opposite - very much willing to listen to us and try to help us in a way that is comfortable for us.
Ask many questions - I feel our care has been better because we have been active in researching and bringing thoughts and questions to the table, and he is the kind of Dr. that will talk through those things with you and give you honest feedback.
Dr. Hedges is an incredible doctor, who actively listens to his patients and has a warm demeanor. He is willing to try different approaches and re-evaluate along the way. We have had a complicated case, that has been difficult to diagnose beyond general "male factor," and where other Doctors were quick to dismiss us, Dr. Hedges was willing to listen, look at stacks of literature and tests that we brought in, and willing to dig deeper to find answers. Although we still have not yet resolution through a successful pregnancy, we feel that he is one of the best for addressing male factor issues.
Clomid and eventually HcG (for male factor use) to help boost Tesosterone and improve sperm count and other values Eventually he was able to diagnose a prostatic cyst through further testing & MRI, which resulted in surgery to remove prostate tissue from the Ejaculatory ducts.
We have not had much interaction with nursing staff other than initial intake - as the process is different when you are approaching infertility from the male factor treatment side. The minimal time we have had with nurses at his office and at OHSU for surgery have been very positive experiences.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The urology unit and andrology lab at the Fertility Clinic at OHSU have all been very kind and compassionate. As mentioned, our experiences have been pretty limited to time with Dr. Hedges which have all been very positive experiences. Our only area of poor experience has been with communication between the hospital billing and our insurance, for the things have been covered. We have had to continually stay on top of insurance billing to fix errors, which has been stressful and complicated.
Our costs have varied - as some visits have been covered with a 50% co-insurance, but once diagnosed with prostatic mass/cyst, more was covered. Our previous IUI's (not administered by Dr. Hedges or at his office) were only covered at 50% as well.
Describe Jason Hedges's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
na
Jason Hedges

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Dr. Wu was very in tune to even the most subtle things that I said during consultations. She would pick up on things like when I expressed unrealistic expectations for myself and the upcoming cycle and transfer and take the time to coach me on having a healthier mindset going into each step.... I was allowed to transfer two embryos after much consulting due to the nature of our genetic disease. I was counseled about the likelihood of a high risk pregnancy but was ultimately allowed to decide.
They [Oregon Health Sciences U] are extremely organized and responsive. I wish that there was a bit more preliminary support and resources available. It would’ve been neat for them to recommend a Facebook support group, or even a sheet of pointers and tips from past patients on staying comfortable and maintaining our sanity. I also wish I would’ve had more training on administering medications.... The nursing staff was so compassionate and friendly. They hugged me while I sobbed over my loss,
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I felt like Dr. Wu was one of the most compassionate doctor she I’ve ever received care from. She was eager to do all of our procedures. She was also on the phone late into many evenings with us to talk about all of our concerns and to help us understand how to set reasonable expectations for how things would pan out. I never felt like she was in a rush to get off of the phone though. She was very thorough and could cite so much recent research regarding most of my questions. I had such a good experience there that I have actually missed the team. I’m looking forward to going back soon and showing them the beautiful boy I have thanks to her. She is a truly special person and I felt that way before I had my son. This success story does not bias my opinion of her in this case.
Prepare to spend a lot of (important) time talking about being in the right mindset throughout each procedure.
Dr. Wu was very in tune to even the most subtle things that I said during consultations. She would pick up on things like when I expressed unrealistic expectations for myself and the upcoming cycle and transfer and take the time to coach me on having a healthier mindset going into each step. She spent so much time helping me have a reasonable amount of hope where I didn’t get crushed with disappointment but still feel optimistic.
We did a frozen day 5 embryo transfer because of our need to perform PGD and PGD. A few months before the transfer I had a hysteroscopy done by Dr. Wu to remove polyps, and for a biopsy. This also offered the therapeutic effects of an endometrial scratch which was a big difference between my chemical pregnancy and the successful transfer. This was a medicated transfer that included a several week protocol including lupron, bcp’s, estrogen pills, and PIO. The egg retrieval included ganirelix, menopur, gonal f, and ovidrel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Laurie)
The nursing staff was so compassionate and friendly. They hugged me while I sobbed over my loss, they held my hand as I went through a painful procedure, and I felt so welcome that I even enjoyed a piece of cake with them to celebrate an employees transfer to another clinic. I received preferential phone calls when it was regarding something nerve wracking and when the news was bad they stayed on the phone with me as long as I needed. They will always have a special place in my heart.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They are extremely organized and responsive. I wish that there was a bit more preliminary support and resources available. It would’ve been neat for them to recommend a Facebook support group, or even a sheet of pointers and tips from past patients on staying comfortable and maintaining our sanity. I also wish I would’ve had more training on administering medications.
$18k
I was allowed to transfer two embryos after much consulting due to the nature of our genetic disease. I was counseled about the likelihood of a high risk pregnancy but was ultimately allowed to decide. She preferred that i transfer two embryos of the same grade. I did transfer two and it led to a devastating chemical pregnancy.

3 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
Dr. Wu is personable, warm, and very detailed. When discussing results of testing and our treatment plan, she “shows her work,” sites research, and gives clear recommendations. She is also open to our questions and spends as much time as we need to thoroughly understand our decisions and next steps. She is very kind and compassionate.... I was given an individualized treatment plan, shown the process my doctor went to to arrive at various recommendations and then empowered to make my own decisions to chose the best route for me and my husband.
The clinic [Oregon Health Sciences University] runs smoothly and efficiently. The only weakness I see is the wait times to speak to a person on the phone, although I prefer to communicate over the digital message system they use (which is very convenient). The lobby is nice with a great view. Parking is free. The physicians communicate with each other and collaborate on their patients regularly (my IVF protocol was “peer reviewed” before we started). Some of the physicians are also involved in research.
3 IUI, 2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
You will be well respected and no questions will go unanswered, so don’t feel afraid to ask.
Oanh is warm and kind. She is also a skilled communicator, especially in writing (my preferred method of communicating with staff due to work and my schedule). She is detail oriented and responds very quickly to my questions.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The clinic runs smoothly and efficiently. The only weakness I see is the wait times to speak to a person on the phone, although I prefer to communicate over the digital message system they use (which is very convenient). The lobby is nice with a great view. Parking is free. The physicians communicate with each other and collaborate on their patients regularly (my IVF protocol was “peer reviewed” before we started). Some of the physicians are also involved in research.
She has reviewed with us that it is important to do everything we can to promote a singleton pregnancy. We were adamant that we would only start with one single PGS embryo transfer at a time and she was supportive of this. I believe she would make her recommendation individualized to the specific patient and their diagnoses/history.
Portland

Dr. Wu immediately made us feel comfortable from the get-go at our first appointment. She allowed us to tell our story without interruption and then very thoroughly and compassionately explained to us what we were up against and offered several options to proceed with. .... In the beginning, we just tried Ovidrel trigger shots to see if this would help me regularly ovulate, as my endometriosis was so severe that I had stopped ovulating regularly. This didn't yield any pregnancy, so then it was recommended I go through the robotic surgery to have my Stage 4 endometriosis removed, as well as a very large peritoneal cyst.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Wu immediately made us feel comfortable from the get-go at our first appointment. She allowed us to tell our story without interruption and then very thoroughly and compassionately explained to us what we were up against and offered several options to proceed with. After leaving our first appointment, I felt like we had hope. The road ahead seemed scary, but she has always been very re-assuring - yet very honest. When we didn't get pregnant with conservative treatment, she suggested we go ahead with surgery to remove my endometriosis and cyst. She reassured us that the whole team of doctors were going to consult on my case, as they do with every single patient there. Dr. Lee did my surgery, and I've seen him off an on throughout my IVF journey as well. Currently, I'm in the prep stage for my embryo transfer and I've had nothing but the best care throughout this entire process.
Trust the process and trust her judgment. She's exceptional and very, very thorough and particular - which is something I believe everyone wants when they're going through this sometimes scary process.
I've always felt like Dr. Wu has truly been concerned for my well being and has genuinely wanted me to get pregnant. I've never gotten the feeling that I'm "just a number". I've never met a doctor, or a group of doctors, who have so much empathy and compassion for their patient(s).
In the beginning, we just tried Ovidrel trigger shots to see if this would help me regularly ovulate, as my endometriosis was so severe that I had stopped ovulating regularly. This didn't yield any pregnancy, so then it was recommended I go through the robotic surgery to have my Stage 4 endometriosis removed, as well as a very large peritoneal cyst. We were allowed to try naturally for a few months after the surgery, but I still never got pregnant, so at the end of 2017 we decided to proceed with IVF. I began birth control in December, followed by starting my IVF injections on the 5th of January 2018. Follistim (125 units), Ganirelix (.5mL), and Menopur (75 units) are the drugs used. My Follistim dosage was only slightly decreased towards the end (around day 9 of my 10 stimulation days), but otherwise she felt the prescribed dosage was keeping me right on track. Total, I had 15 follicles retrieved, but only 8 were mature. 2 made it to the blastocyst stage and are currently frozen. As of now, I've been giving Lupron injections (20 mL and now 10mL) for the last few weeks and taking Estrace 1x/day, which will start to increase in dosage starting tomorrow. On March 16th, I will start getting Progesterone injections (50mg) and then will have my planned embryo transfer on March 22nd.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Dani Greene, RN)
Dani is great. She's actually the first contact person I had when we decided to start IVF. She laid it all out in detail for me, so that I understood what the process would look like. She is very quick to respond when I send her messages in MyChart and is very thorough in making sure she's on top of sending me all of my protocols and getting all of my medications prescribed through the pharmacy.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
OHSU Fertility Consultants has been great to work with. From their front office staff, to the MA's and ultrasound tech and nurses, to the physicians, I honestly have no complaints. At times, they are running behind, but I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes, and the office staff is really good about letting you know if the MD's are on time (there's a board that you can see in the waiting room with all of the MD's wait times). Plan ahead for traffic and also because there's a lot of construction going on at the OHSU Waterfront, it sometimes can take a little extra time to get yourself parked. The MD's office always validates your parking, which is really nice.
At the start, I believe the Ovidrel trigger shots were around $275. I did have to pay money for some of my consultations with Dr. Wu, as well as the ultrasounds. In total for just the IVF portion (including medications and other testing), we've spent close to $18,000.
Dr. Wu said she wasn't leaning in any particular direction in regards to this. She said at this point she feels that it's a 50/50 if we decide to transfer one vs. two. She did say she will think on it and discuss with her colleagues, and then we will talk about it again at my next follow up in a week and a half.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr.Wu continues to assist me in my infertility treatment and I have always appreciated her informative feedback with my treatment. I have felt that our treatment has taken a longer than expected time. The length of time seems to be because of unexpected changes in treatment. Although I know these bumps in the road were unforeseen, i wish that the potential for treatment to change or get cancelled was told to be before hand. I feel good knowing that Dr.Wu has her patient’s best interest and is always looking for ways to better improve their chances of conceiving.
The Clinic [OHSU] is clean, well staffed and the online patient portal is extremely useful. The male receptionist is incredibly warm and friendly. Their office has two financial coordinators that we email your patient portion before your appointments. One of the financial coordinators (Rhonda) is very educated and informative but she is not as friendly as some of the other staff. In this position, I’d rather have some well versed in insurance than warm and bubbly. The Clinic has a total of 4 doctors that rotate so if you are the type of patient that feels more comfortable seeing 1 provider then OHSU is not for you. The positive of a multi provider practice is that you are able to have the knowledge and collective treatment plan.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Be prepared for treatment to change and to take longer than you would hope for. It’s hard to do but be patient with your body and treatment.
Dr.Wu and her staff are extremely caring providers. They truly want to do the best to get you pregnant. Dr.Wu would rather do what’s best for your body and potential embryos instead of trying to rush through treatment without getting to know you and your partner.
My first treatments include 2 rounds with femara and 1 with clomid with timed intercourse. We tried this to start to assess my ovulation and egg production. We did not conceive. Next, we did 1 round with clomid and iui and had another round of iui cancelled due to early ovulation. We tried to iui to see if there was inability for the sperm to meet to egg. We unfortunately did not conceive and the cancelled iui was hard to take but it lead us to the decision to proceed with IVF in September of 2017. During our first IVF, we had a poor response the medications due to I oversuppression. We produced 1 blastocyst from the 5 mature and fertilized eggs. We were planning on a fresh transfer but was cancelled due to fluid in the uterine cavity. We had a medicated-FET transfer planned for November but it was cancelled due to irregularities in the lining of my uterus. The next plan was a natural FET in December which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We were happy to discover we were able to conceive with IVF and would feel comfortable moving forward with a second round of IVF. I had an endometrial scratch in January 2018. I have completed a 15 day course of 2 Menopur, 300 iu of Follistim and the addiction of human growth hormone. We have already seen improvements to the quantity of my pre-retrieval follicles; we have twice as many as our last round. We go in tomorrow for retrieval and have a potential fresh transfer next week (the day before my birthday).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Oanh )
Oanh is an incredible nurse! Her compassionate and caring personality. She is great at calling back or answering when I have a question during office hours. She relays the information from the doctors afternoon meetings. On these days, the calls can be near closing time. Unfortunately, if you did not purchase medications before this time then you will be out of luck for refilling that day. I typically always tried to have enough medications for up until the next evening.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The Clinic is clean, well staffed and the online patient portal is extremely useful. The male receptionist is incredibly warm and friendly. Their office has two financial coordinators that we email your patient portion before your appointments. One of the financial coordinators (Rhonda) is very educated and informative but she is not as friendly as some of the other staff. In this position, I’d rather have some well versed in insurance than warm and bubbly. The Clinic has a total of 4 doctors that rotate so if you are the type of patient that feels more comfortable seeing 1 provider then OHSU is not for you. The positive of a multi provider practice is that you are able to have the knowledge and collective treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Oregon Health Sciences University.
All monitoring ultrasounds are performed in the morning or before 10:40am. The times fill up with egg retrievals so you may be have a huge flexibility in scheduling.
IVF cycle (not including meds) was $12,084. My meds ranged between $5,000 for my first cycle and $7000 for my current round. IUI was around $1500
Based on her patient assessment criteria, Dr.Wu informed us that we could transfer up to two embryos. Sadly, we only had one make it to transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
In my first round of IVF I used ganerlix. I have a latex allergy and was informed by my pharmacist in the second round of IVF that this medication is contraindicated. She changed the medication out for cetrotide.
Portland

Dr. Wu showed empathy each time we didn’t get the results as we hoped, yet she was still open and honest with us as to all the possibilities, results and further options.... Initially Dr. Wu wanted try less invasive procedures while we worked on the process of elimination for our unexplained fertility. After all the blood work came back perfect and my husbands semen analysis was normal, we did an HSG test to ensure that there were no tubes blocked. After that test came back normal we did a cycle of letrozole to make sure that I was creating follicles and ovulation.
A huge strength is that the whole team [OHSU] of very friendly. Everyone from the front desk, the nurse who draws your blood to the doctor we’re always very kind. I would always leave there thinking how friendly everyone was.... They are also large enough that they have early morning hours and weekend appointments available for cycling patients. There is also a pharmacy in the same building which made picking up medications very convenient.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Again, Dr. Wu showed empathy which was nice to see in a doctor. Yes, she got to the point but she also took the time to really explain our results and options rather than just rushing on to the next patient.
Schedule your consult ASAP! I’m sad we waited a whole year to make the phone call from our initial referral from our primary care doctor..
Initially Dr. Wu wanted try less invasive procedures while we worked on the process of elimination for our unexplained fertility. After all the blood work came back perfect and my husbands semen analysis was normal, we did an HSG test to ensure that there were no tubes blocked. After that test came back normal we did a cycle of letrozole to make sure that I was creating follicles and ovulation. Upon the mid cycle scan to double check that it was found that I had two mature follicles. I was given the option to try with timed intercourse or try an IUI. We went the IUI route. We continued this for a few more cycles in hopes of getting pregnant. I created one to two mature follicles each cycle. After the third IUI didn’t work we again met with Dr. Wu to determine our next steps. At that point we decided we were ready to try IVF. She decided she wanted us to do an antagonist protocol so we started our IVF cycle. Due to my age and high number or follicles she started me on very low doses of the atom medication and had me scheduled for frequent (every other day) ultrasounds and blood work to ensure I didn’t get Ovarian Hyperstimulation. During my first ultrasound in day 4 of stims they saw I had about 40 follicles between my two ovaries. We did 13 days of stimulation. Between day 5 and 6 of stimulation, my estrogen level dropped so they increased my follistem by 25 IU’s in hopes of it increasing. It did go back up, but they think due to this drop it caused 5 if my follicles to take the lead and the others to stop growing. On day 13 of stimulation we finally had 2 follicles that were mature. Dr. Wu predicted they would retrieve 4-5 mature follicles and of those they hoped for two embryos. She gave us the option to either proceed with the retrieval or turn it into an IUI cycle. Die to the fact that I create so many follicles, my husband and I decided to do the IUI instead in hopes of not needing to date another cycle, but if we did we would be able to get more eggs.
Dani was very thorough during the whole process. She would always call on the phone and then send a follow up email to ensure I had all the information needed. She was always friendly and sympathetic.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
A huge strength is that the whole team of very friendly. Everyone from the front desk, the nurse who draws your blood to the doctor we’re always very kind. I would always leave there thinking how friendly everyone was. My husband and I would even often talk about it on our way out. They are also large enough that they have early morning hours and weekend appointments available for cycling patients. There is also a pharmacy in the same building which made picking up medications very convenient.
Consultation appointment- $425 Mid-cycle scan/ ultrasound- $325 each IUI including sperm wash and Artificial Insemination- $463 each Genetics Consult- $107 The IVF package we chose included 1 retrieval and up to two transfer- $13,009. Medication for IVF cycle- $3,072.67
We did not make it to the transfer, but I know she mentioned only transferring one, possibly 2 embryos depending on how many we got.

2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, PCOS
My treatments [with Dr. Diana Wu] constantly changed as we figured out how my body reacted with certain drugs etc...As things came up and my body either accepted or rejected the treatments we were partaking in she made adjustments and made me comfortable with these adjustments...was extremely knowledgable and explained each process that we were going through thoroughly.
The nursing staff [at Oregon Health Sciences University] were amazing! They were invested in our families fertility journey and showed immense compassion and support during the difficult and even wonderful times. They were extremely knowledgeable about the process I was going through and when they didn't know the answer to my questions, found out the information so they could stay informed and supportive.
2014 - 2017
European, Other
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Wu was extremely knowledgable and explained each process that we were going through thoroughly. As things came up and my body either accepted or rejected the treatments we were partaking in she made adjustments and made me comfortable with these adjustments. The other doctors on her staff were just as knowledgable and trustworthy. It is such an emotional process and I felt supported by all of them. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Wu to anyone who is going through fertility treatment, no matter what stage they are at!
Stay patient and trust in the process. There is not one definite answer for every patient. The doctors will have to adjust and change your treatments based on how your body reacts to certain things, but believe it or not they know what is best for you. Its very frustrating and emotional, but the Doctors are there to help and support you and your partner during the entire process.
I was cared for by each nurse and doctor at the clinic like I was their only patient. They were interested in my family and I as if we were long-time friends asking about work, travel, my child...etc. They were genuinely concerned when things didn't go as planned and equally overjoyed when they did go well! I felt truly cared for by this amazing staff.
My treatments constantly changed as we figured out how my body reacted with certain drugs etc. I started out on Letrazole and added in Levathoroxin. We later added in a trigger shot to encourage ovulation. We tried IUI a few times this way before adding in Gonal-F farther down the road as we realized we were not getting enough eggs to ovulate. This took two IUI attempts as the first one ended in a chemical pregnancy/miscarriage. However by increasing the Letrazole and the Gonal-F so that I resulted in 5 eggs that could be fertilized this finally ended in a positive pregnancy and singleton birth.
The nursing staff were amazing! They were invested in our families fertility journey and showed immense compassion and support during the difficult and even wonderful times. They were extremely knowledgeable about the process I was going through and when they didn't know the answer to my questions, found out the information so they could stay informed and supportive.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
OHSU is amazing! The process we went through to get pregnant was arduous and long but they never pressured us into any procedure we were not ready for. They let us take breaks when we needed too and followed up to make sure we felt emotionally supported. I would absolutely recommend this clinic to anyone looking to begin or continue their fertility journey.