3303 S.W. Bond Avenue
Portland, OR 97239
503 418-4500

Treated 2009 - 2019
Dr David Lee is a very compassionate and kind doctor. He is trustworthy. He explains things in details and tries to see the big picture and see it from your perspective. He listened and included you in the treatment plan. He was a busy doctor so a few times he was not available (including transfer day). ... He includes you in the treatment plan and fills you in on the good and the bad of a treatment plan. He doesn't treat you like your another number or paycheck.
We had several errors made by nursing staff [OHSU] with ordering medications (missed meds, filling out PA's, etc.) which resulted in cancelled treatments. We had a lot of questions for the Financial Counselors and felt as though our questions weren't answered at all or in a timely manner. Also, they didn't communicate with us on what deposit was due before the appointment so we came in and were shocked to find out we had a deposit due.
How was your experience with David Lee at Oregon Health Sciences University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Lee at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Research questions beforehand and go into the appointment with them. Be ready to figure out your treatment plan along side Dr David Lee.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Lee at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr David Lee is a very compassionate and kind doctor. He includes you in the treatment plan and fills you in on the good and the bad of a treatment plan. He doesn't treat you like your another number or paycheck.
Describe the protocols David Lee used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
We started our treatment using Clomid and timed intercourse. We did this for 6 rounds before moving onto IUI. For our IUI and eventually our IVF we used Menopur and Follistem. IUI was cancelled due to poor sperm penetration. We did a SPA test and eventually moved onto IVF. 17 eggs retrieved and out of those 6 fertilized. Two 3 Day embryos transferred. Negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Our nursing staff was friendly and kind when we came in for our initial consultation and for the first few appointments. When it came down to doing IUI and IVF and handling the medication aspect of it we found our nursing staff showed frustration with us and lacked communication. We made several calls daily to try to resolve issues that arrived. They ended up missing a critical medication which made us have to cancel our second IVF treatment. Which resulted in loss of time and money.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Our clinic was easy to find, accessible and clean. Staff was helpful on the phone when making an appointment and friendly in person when checking in. During the initial consultation the nurse was helpful in explaining the protocol and explaining how the injections worked. We had several errors made by nursing staff with ordering medications (missed meds, filling out PA's, etc.) which resulted in cancelled treatments. We had a lot of questions for the Financial Counselors and felt as though our questions weren't answered at all or in a timely manner. Also, they didn't communicate with us on what deposit was due before the appointment so we came in and were shocked to find out we had a deposit due.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Lee at Oregon Health Sciences University.
As our treatment started in 2009, the cost is hard to remember that far back. I do know our medications were just over $1,000 and we had to give a deposit of about $500 for the first initial appointment with Dr David Lee. Lab tests were out of network so I believe they were only covered at 30%.
Describe David Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Dr David Lee suggested eSET but my spouse and I chose to transfer 2 embryos. Dr David Lee did explain the pros and cons of each and encouraged us to talk it over as a couple.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Several of the medications on my protocol required prior authorization which I instructed the clinic ahead of time to allow them adequate time to do the paperwork and submit it to my insurance/pharmacy. Paperwork was never completed and submitted and my protocol start date came and went so my treatment had to be cancelled. I called several times that week checking on the paperwork and had to leave multiple voicemails and the nurse I spoke to was rude on the phone and made it seems like I was the one who messed up.
David Lee
Treated 2016 - 2020
We did two medicated and one natural cycle of IVF using adopted embryos [with Dr. Diana Wu]. the medicated cycles did not work well for me so doctor adjusted the protocol to use the natural cycle which is when we were finally able to transfer the embryo. However the embryo was fairly low quality and did not stick...The doctor was pretty solid but I think she was overstretched because there was a lot of miscommunication through her nurse. And I got a lot of wrong information from her nurse as well. One example of this is missing starting a medication on time because nobody communicated the timeline with me until a few days after it was supposed to begin
I'm a little confused about who my primary nurse was [at Oregon Health Sciences University] because there was a couple transitions in terms of somebody on a vacation, but I did struggle with some of the communication like being a shirred that I was not going to miss deadlines and then calculating myself and recognizing that I had missed a deadline to start a meditation...I believe the whole process of IVF aside from medication was about $4,500. medications were maybe $200 per cycle.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Stay on top of dates and make sure that you know ahead of time what to expect in terms of protocol
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I went to Oregon reproductive medicine before OHSU, and then cold and clinical, OHSU was friendly and considerate even with bad news
Describe the protocols Diana Wu used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
We did two medicated and one natural cycle of IVF using adopted embryos. the medicated cycles did not work well for me so doctor adjusted the protocol to use the natural cycle which is when we were finally able to transfer the embryo. However the embryo was fairly low quality and did not stick.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University.
I'm a little confused about who my primary nurse was because there was a couple transitions in terms of somebody on a vacation, but I did struggle with some of the communication like being a shirred that I was not going to miss deadlines and then calculating myself and recognizing that I had missed a deadline to start a meditation
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
I love the flexibility of OHSU and how kind they were to me, people are always there and friendly. even on Christmas Eve when I had to come in for treatment people were friendly and kind. our weaknesses maybe that there are a lot of people in charge of your care so sometimes there's miscommunication.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Describe Diana Wu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
She urged us to go with single embryo transfer because of the risks associated with multiples
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
As previously described there was some miscommunication in terms of medication and timing. I also ordered a very expensive series of medications only to be told that the protocol was changing, and then the nurse told me that I could return the medication when I talked about the expense and then when I got there that was incorrect.
Portland
While we are still seeing Dr. Hedges as my husband's urologist, our experience so far has been excellent. He cares not just about his patients, but also about finding the "why" behind what is happening.... After our consultation, Dr. Hedges wanted to run blood work for hormone levels and run another semen analysis. My husband hadn't had blood work done yet, and his first SA done at a different clinic showed numbers less than two million, so he wanted to do another test.
The OHSU Fertility Consultants clinic has a lot of resources available. All of the fertility doctors work together and communicate well. One thing I love about them is that because they are a research and teaching hospital, I feel like we have a medical staff that is willing to try many different avenues to help us reach our goal... Between using the online health portal for communication and testing results, and finding a hospital closer to us within their network for testing, it has really been a major stress reliever to not have to make that trip every time.
How was your experience with Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University?
While we are still seeing Dr. Hedges as my husband's urologist, our experience so far has been excellent. He cares not just about his patients, but also about finding the "why" behind what is happening. He is an excellent communicator and makes us feel important. So many times, you feel as if doctors don't have much spare time to give you either in an appointment, or responding to an email. While I do believe he is very busy, I have never felt that way with him. He takes his time, explains things thoroughly, and responds quickly. Talking about male factor infertility is a delicate subject, but Dr. Hedges made us feel very comfortable. While he is optimistic, he also does not put unrealistic expectations in front of us. He has always been able to perfectly balance reality with optimism; a great feat in the infertility world.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Come with a lot of questions because he will take the time to answer them. Also, it is absolutely worth it to sign up for the online health management since he will actually effectively utilize it with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Hedges sat and had an actual conversation with us. He was calm, caring, and didn't seem rushed at all. While I'm sure he had many patients to see, we didn't feel pushed along. It felt like he really cared and deeply wanted to help us understand the root cause of our infertility. He answered all questions we had thoroughly, and both he and his staff have continued to do so via email ever since.
Describe the protocols Jason Hedges used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
After our consultation, Dr. Hedges wanted to run blood work for hormone levels and run another semen analysis. My husband hadn't had blood work done yet, and his first SA done at a different clinic showed numbers less than two million, so he wanted to do another test. Both of these choices made sense to us and were what we expected. My husband's testosterone levels were normal, but his FSH levels were somewhat elevated. The SA showed zero sperm, which is when he was diagnosed with azoospermia. After this first round of tests, Dr. Hedges recommended the next step of micro-TESE surgery along with blood work to check for any chromosomal abnormalities. The surgery is the logical next step to see if there is even any sperm available to be used for IVF/ICSI, and the extra blood work is to check for any other underlying issues. We haven't received the blood work results yet, but I'm assuming no news is good news. My husband's surgery date is scheduled for about 5 weeks out, so we won't know the results until that time.
We haven't had too much interaction with nurses yet, but they have been professional and kind. The nurse who communicates with us via the online health portal has been very responsive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The OHSU Fertility Consultants clinic has a lot of resources available. All of the fertility doctors work together and communicate well. One thing I love about them is that because they are a research and teaching hospital, I feel like we have a medical staff that is willing to try many different avenues to help us reach our goal that other clinics might not in order to protect their results ratio/data. All of the staff members that we have come in contact with (doctors, nurses, lab techs, billing, etc) have been kind, patient, and understanding. The poor woman we were in touch with to schedule my husband's surgery had to deal with us calling back about five times in a row with various questions. Never once did she seem annoyed or inconvenienced. The communication has been excellent and we have always felt cared for. I would say that the main drawback of this clinic is their size. While the bigger size does provide more resources, it can take a longer time to get in for an appointment, and scheduling things like surgery can take longer. To be fair, though, I think we who battle infertility are always in a rush to get started on treatment, so the timeline might be perfectly normal. Getting set up as a new patient was quite easy. The referral process takes awhile no matter where you are, but once we were in touch, they were responsive. The one time it felt like it took awhile was after my husband's SA to schedule his surgery. They said we'd hear from their surgery scheduler within two weeks, and I think we waited a little over that amount of time. The clinic has been very flexible and accommodating with us. We live about an hour and a half away, so they have been great about finding ways to not make us come all the way there. Between using the online health portal for communication and testing results, and finding a hospital closer to us within their network for testing, it has really been a major stress reliever to not have to make that trip every time. Overall, we feel like we're in very good hands with this clinic, and would definitely recommend it to others.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Initial Consult - $332.00 Semen Analysis - $110.00 Chromosome Blood Work - $1044.40 Micro-TESE surgery - About $9,000. Final total not know yet, but this was the quote they gave us.
Jason Hedges
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Amato was lovely and very easy to work with. She wasn't the most talkative person, but she was always there to answer questions we had, which was great ... She wasn't the one to usually initiate conversations, so we learned to have a list of everything we wanted to know for visits. We saw her very rarely, and mostly dealt with nurses or other doctors, though she was our main doctor.
As previously stated, my only critisicm of the clinic [OHSU] is the lack of communication between us (the IP's) and the clinic and our GC. Lots of frustating calls and random bills in the mail that could have been avoided if there was a central person we could discuss on all matters, instead of speaking to the doctor, then the nurse, then finance, then billing, etc.
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Amato was lovely and very easy to work with. She wasn't the most talkative person, but she was always there to answer questions we had, which was great..............................................................
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Prepare every question you could ever have about the process, and have it with you for the appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Amato was very nice, and answered all questions we asked of her. She wasn't the one to usually initiate conversations, so we learned to have a list of everything we wanted to know for visits. We saw her very rarely, and mostly dealt with nurses or other doctors, though she was our main doctor.
Describe the protocols Paula Amato used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
During our donor egg retreival, they discovered not as many follicles growing as they wanted. So they decided to stop the cycle, reset, and do it again. She predicted it would yeild a better result, and it did! We got 23 mature eggs, and ended up with 13 healthy embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
My only real beef with OHSU is that it's VERY difficult to communicate with everyone and be on the same page. We would get info on one thing, and a cost, and a month later find out something else happened and it cost twice the price, and nobody had let us know. Either having one nurse be in charge of everything for each couple, or something else would help this alot. We had a lot of phone calls with the billing and finance departmetns that were frustrating because nobody was talking to each other. And it's a shame, because it's a lovely place and everybody was very nice and seemed to truly care about us.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
As previously stated, my only critisicm of the clinic is the lack of communication between us (the IP's) and the clinic and our GC. Lots of frustating calls and random bills in the mail that could have been avoided if there was a central person we could discuss on all matters, instead of speaking to the doctor, then the nurse, then finance, then billing, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University.
We spent approximately $38,000 for donor eggs ($7,000), embryo creation, and 1 transfer, as well as the corresponding doctors appointments.
Describe Paula Amato's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Dr. Amato strongly preferred a SET, which after exhaustive research and many discussions, we agreed with. For both the health of the baby, and the GC
Portland
Dr. Wu was incredibly thorough, thoughtful, clear, and kind. She understood our unique situation and gave us clear, evidence-based options. She didn’t sugar-coat, but was sympathetic...She gives all the information, based on the latest research -- offering the projected outcomes based on different routes. She is realistic and yet empathetic. As an older patient, I appreciated that she was realistic about our chances but respected our decisions.
you'll mostly be communicating through the nurse [at Oregon Health Sciences University]...we got 9 mature eggs, which was very good considering my low AMH. All 9 fertilized. Only 2 made it to blast on day 5, so we proceeded to a fresh transfer. Sadly, none of the others made it to freeze and the two transferred resulted in a chemical pregnancy...For the most part, the nursing staff was very organized and great at communicating.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Prepare all the questions that you might have when you have your first appointment. That is when you'll get the most in-depth time with her. After that, you'll mostly be communicating through the nurse unless she is the one scheduled for one of your procedures/monitoring appointments.
Dr. Wu adjusted the protocol when my follow-up FSH came back lower than it had been previously. We did an estrogen-priming (with Ganirelex at the end) start followed by max dose stims with Follistim and Menopur with Ganrirelex at the end. We planned to proceed to PGS testing and freeze-all if the cycle resulted in at least 3-4 blasts. If fewer, we planned a fresh transfer. I appreciated the flexibility. In the end, we got 9 mature eggs, which was very good considering my low AMH. All 9 fertilized. Only 2 made it to blast on day 5, so we proceeded to a fresh transfer. Sadly, none of the others made it to freeze and the two transferred resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Dani)
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
While it is sometimes frustrating that you end up seeing whichever doctor is on that week for your monitoring or procedures, honestly, I really appreciated knowing that all the doctors were meeting to discuss each case every day. It makes me feel like there are multiple viewpoints, points of expertise, and years of experience coming to bear on each decision. I also actually liked all the doctors that I saw (Dr. Amato, Dr. Krieg, and Dr. Wu). As an LGBT family, we felt very safe and recognized. The one point that I would love to see OHSU change is their approach to known/directed donors. This is a common challenge across the country, but we end up jumping through many hoops that add a LOT to our cost. Brian in andrology agreed that it was unfair and needed to be changed, but we have not seen any results yet. However, I would absolutely go back if we had the finances to pay for another cycle.
We spent 2,760.00 on the directed donor 5,429.43 on medications 1,200.00 pre-cycle procedures and consult 13,220.00 on the one IVF cycle
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Amato is a very practical doctor. She is clearly very smart and analytical, and that worked really well for me. She did a great job responding to questions. I also always felt like I knew that plan and that she was taking my concerns into account. She was realistic in her expectations, but also encouraging and hopefully with us for the end result....Dr. Amato will be attentive and will absolutely provide information when requested, but she will not be a hand holder.
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Amato is a very practical doctor. She is clearly very smart and analytical, and that worked really well for me. She did a great job responding to questions. I also always felt like I knew that plan and that she was taking my concerns into account. She was realistic in her expectations, but also encouraging and hopefully with us for the end result. Her approach is friendly, but not as warm as other doctors. In addition, while she was great at responding to lots of questions, she didn't volunteer information as generously as other doctors might. This worked out ok for us since I always came in well-informed with lots of questions, but if you need your doctor to be more of a impetus for that, Dr. Amato might not be as good of a fit.
It's important to know that fertility doctors have a lot of patients and their main role is to develop a plan to get you pregnant. Dr. Amato will be attentive and will absolutely provide information when requested, but she will not be a hand holder. Luckily, her nurse Rachel does a great job doing some of the more logistical helping and answering the inevitable endless questions that come up during the process. Rachel works very closely with Dr. Amato.
Dr. Amato always made us feel comfortable and we never felt rushed getting our questions answered. She was very realistic and down to earth about everything. She isn't the most 'touchy feely' doctor, but that worked well for us. We wanted the information straight up with adequate time to address our concerns, and we got that with Dr. Amato.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Rachel did an excellent job. She was always very patient with questions and fast in responding to emails. She offered up best practices and tactics to get through the process and was always incredibly organized with the paperwork that was necessary. Rachel showed a lot of compassion and understood how emotional the infertility process could be. We were very grateful to have her as our primary contact as we went through IVF.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
OHSU does a really great job of coordinating care. The steps I needed to take throughout the process was crystal clear and the clinic was very organized. The facilities were wonderful and they have an amazing view of the Willamette river. OHSU is organized in such a way that you have one doctor as your primary point of contact, but most of your procedures will rotate between the four doctors. All four of the doctors were really wonderful and they have excellent coordination with each other. The only procedures I had that were not performed by a doctor were early cycle ultrasounds.
- Meeting with the doctor for a consult was $250. - Pre-Cycle diagnostic expenses cost about $2,000 in total. - IUI cost about $500, then another $325 if we did an ultrasound first. - My IVF stimulation medications were about $3,500 from the OHSU pharmacy. - OHSU has IVF package options. We chose a non-refund package for two IVF cycles at $21,000. - PGS testing was $3,800. Of this $1,800 was paid to OHSU for biopsy and the rest was paid to the testing lab for up to 8 embryos.
Dr. Amato had a strong preference for me to transfer only one embryo since we were doing PGS testing and I was 33 at the time. That was fine with me, so we didn't have any further discussions on the topic.
Treated 2016 - 2018
She [Dr. Krieg] ran basic fertility levels and HSG as well as genetic testing on me and a semen analysis which showed no male infertility. My only treatment with her was one cycle with a dosage of 50mg Clomid on days 3-7 of my cycle, which yielded no response, so they had me immediately do another few days of 100mg Clomid which again yielded zero response. The only other option they offered me was to do high dose injections and IUI. Which was too expensive for us to even try since I have a low chance of it working due to low AMH and a blocked tube.
Appropriate tests were not ordered prior to starting treatments [at Oregon Health Sciences University]. -Information was hard to get and confusing. -Felt more like a number than a person. -Left confused, and heartbroken...They said that my injections should only have cost around $1,000 but that was no where near what it actually was going to be (closer to $6,000+). Everything else was luckily covered for the most part, however my insurance will not cover infertility treatments.
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Sacha was sweet and listened to me at our consultation appointment, and had a very personable personality. Appointments were brief, but appeared caring, and non judgmental, and tried to relate to me as best she could.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Be your own advocate, and don't be afraid to push for more answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Sacha Krieg was a great doctor and enjoyed the very little face time I got with her, however it was difficult to get in touch with her and her staff as they are very busy and I am a needy client due to my health issues. While under her care I was diagnosed with extremely low AMH levels, elevated FSH, and a blocked tube at age 26; all of this stems from my cancer treatments as a child. I found it upsetting that they didn't rerun my labs prior to treatment(there was a year or more in between testing and treatment). I also found it upsetting that I was only given 2 rounds(in 1 cycle) of Clomid before they said it wouldn't work and pushed me on to high dose injections, which was going to cost thousands of dollars, they didn't seem to have any different plans available to me especially due to they contending that I am not an IVF candidate. It was then we decided to "give up" on our journey. After doing much research and speaking with people like me I have found some hope, even after my spontaneous natural pregnancy ended in a second trimester loss due to what they believe was Cervical Incompetence in December 2019. My husband however had a much better experience and has no complaints but he also does not have any male fertility issues.
Describe the protocols Sacha Krieg used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
She ran basic fertility levels and HSG as well as genetic testing on me and a semen analysis which showed no male infertility. My only treatment with her was one cycle with a dosage of 50mg Clomid on days 3-7 of my cycle, which yielded no response, so they had me immediately do another few days of 100mg Clomid which again yielded zero response. The only other option they offered me was to do high dose injections and IUI. Which was too expensive for us to even try since I have a low chance of it working due to low AMH and a blocked tube.
It was difficult to get through to the nursing staff and they didn't seem very knowledgeable to me. My husband had no complaints except that they didn't do semen analysis on weekends or late in the day.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
I know many other people who have had great success with them, and better experiences than I experienced. My husband liked the clinic a lot, the only down side was the time slots available for sperm analysis. OHSU is an incredible hospital system, but it is a busy one. Make sure to do your own research and ask as many questions as you need to. Be your own advocate!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Describe Sacha Krieg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
-Appropriate tests were not ordered prior to starting treatments. -Information was hard to get and confusing. -Felt more like a number than a person. -Left confused, and heartbroken.
Sacha Krieg
Portland
She [Dr. Diana Wu] did Inital workup as usually with a doubled Clomid cycle to start with to see if I could produce more than 1 egg. I didn’t do I asked if we could do straight to an injectable cycle. We did and were successful in producing more eggs. I had a total of 12 eggs but only 5 on my good side. She reduced my dosage and I ended up with 1 egg in the end which was not ideal.
Really hard to get an appointment [at OHSU]. I waiting almost 2 months to get in which only left me 2 cycles before my insurance ran out. they are good at communicating. Free parking. It’s hard to talk to anyone when calling. Always expect a call back!... Loved my nurse! She followed up and communicated great. I appreciated her care and compassion for me.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I had a good experience. I unfortunately was going through my iUI experience while she was going out of town so I went back an forth between her and another doctor. I felt like she heard me and listened to what I had to say. I appreciated that I felt like a patient and not a number.
Speak up for yourself! She will listen to you.
She talked to me and really communicated well with me. She acted like she really knew what we were going through. And she was willing to listen to my suggestions.
She did Inital workup as usually with a doubled Clomid cycle to start with to see if I could produce more than 1 egg. I didn’t do I asked if we could do straight to an injectable cycle. We did and were successful in producing more eggs. I had a total of 12 eggs but only 5 on my good side. She reduced my dosage and I ended up with 1 egg in the end which was not ideal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Oahn )
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Really hard to get an appointment. I waiting almost 2 months to get in which only left me 2 cycles before my insurance ran out. they are good at communicating. Free parking. It’s hard to talk to anyone when calling. Always expect a call back!
It was 100% covered under my insurance so I do not know the cost.
I do not have comments.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Nothing major. I would have to call to find out my results from my initial testing before they would.
Treated 2007 - 2018
She [Dr. Amato] paid attention, listened, and gave me her best efforts.... I appreciated her thoughtful care. I felt like a person, not a number. She gave me her best advice even when I didn’t want to hear it. She is very skilled and knowledgeable and readily shared her knowledge with us. We genuinely believed she cared about us and wanted to help us.... During our twins heartbeat ultrasound, the doctor cried with us. When we came back for a FET after ten years, they all remembered us.
Great location [Oregon Health Sciences U], easy scheduling, straightforward billing. It feels like a team that’s on your side. During our twins heartbeat ultrasound, the doctor cried with us. When we came back for a FET after ten years, they all remembered us. The lab director did our transfer even though he no longer practices, just supervises. It’s like a family.... Straightforward fees. Very inexpensive FETs ($1600)... I felt like a person, not a number. She gave me her best advice even when I didn’t want to hear it.
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
She can be direct which I appreciate.
She paid attention, listened, and gave me her best efforts.
Very responsive and kind.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Great location, easy scheduling, straightforward billing. It feels like a team that’s on your side. During our twins heartbeat ultrasound, the doctor cried with us. When we came back for a FET after ten years, they all remembered us. The lab director did our transfer even though he no longer practices, just supervises. It’s like a family.
Straightforward fees. Very inexpensive FETs ($1600)
Treated 2016
She [Dr. Wu] has fair bedside manner, but did talk over us a few times, which was significantly less then desirable. she did allow a lot of space for answering questions and did not rush us at all, which was appreciated...
She has fair bedside manner, but did talk over us a few times, which was significantly less then desirable. she did allow a lot of space for answering questions and did not rush us at all, which was appreciated

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Kreig was very personal and thorough. She spent a lot of time with us at each visit and I never felt rushed. However, it was rather difficult to speak directly with Dr. Kreig as most communication is managed by her nurses [OHSU]. ... Initially, the focus was to find a cause for my RPL. After numerous diagnostic tests were done, the only probably cause was chromosomal abnormalities. As a result, IVF with genetic testing was chosen.
Wait time is usually reasonable [at OHSU]. Time with the doctors is great. Clinic management is efficient. However, scheduling appointments to see your doctors can take several weeks. The nursing staff is prompt at returning calls. The financial advisors are very helpful. ... Develop a good relationship with the nurses as you will primarily be working with them throughout the process.
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr Kreig was very personal and thorough. She spent a lot of time with us at each visit and I never felt rushed. However, it was rather difficult to speak directly with Dr. Kreig as most communication is managed by her nurses.
Caring, considerate, and personal.
Most were kind and helpful. However some were rude.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Wait time is usually reasonable. Time with the doctors is great. Clinic management is efficient. However, scheduling appointments to see your doctors can take several weeks. The nursing staff is prompt at returning calls. The financial advisors are very helpful.
IVF retrieval is approximately $10,000. Genetic testing is $3300. Embryo transfer is approximately $2600.
OHSU will transfer only a single embryo.
Sacha Krieg