3303 S.W. Bond Avenue
Portland, OR 97239
503 418-4500

Dr Kreig was very personal and thorough. She spent a lot of time with us at each visit and I never felt rushed. However, it was rather difficult to speak directly with Dr. Kreig as most communication is managed by her nurses [OHSU]. ... Initially, the focus was to find a cause for my RPL. After numerous diagnostic tests were done, the only probably cause was chromosomal abnormalities. As a result, IVF with genetic testing was chosen.
Wait time is usually reasonable [at OHSU]. Time with the doctors is great. Clinic management is efficient. However, scheduling appointments to see your doctors can take several weeks. The nursing staff is prompt at returning calls. The financial advisors are very helpful. ... Develop a good relationship with the nurses as you will primarily be working with them throughout the process.
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr Kreig was very personal and thorough. She spent a lot of time with us at each visit and I never felt rushed. However, it was rather difficult to speak directly with Dr. Kreig as most communication is managed by her nurses.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Caring, considerate, and personal.
Describe the protocols Sacha Krieg used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Most were kind and helpful. However some were rude.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Wait time is usually reasonable. Time with the doctors is great. Clinic management is efficient. However, scheduling appointments to see your doctors can take several weeks. The nursing staff is prompt at returning calls. The financial advisors are very helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University.
IVF retrieval is approximately $10,000. Genetic testing is $3300. Embryo transfer is approximately $2600.
Describe Sacha Krieg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
OHSU will transfer only a single embryo.
Sacha Krieg

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Wu is an amazing MD she cares about her patients and takes the time to cater to your specific situation. She always explained everything and always made choices that were in my best interest. I would recommend her treatment and team to anyone going through this processs ... She suggested transferring the 2 embryos I had and I am glad I did I now have my baby and I didn’t have to go through multiple transfers
Strengths os [Oregon Health Sciences University] are great customer service compassion reliability quick response sand the weaknesses are sometimes they are running behind in appointments and long hold times on the phone when you call in to make appointments or return calls ... She suggested transferring the 2 embryos I had and I am glad I did I now have my baby and I didn’t have to go through multiple transfers
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Keep and open mind and trust Dr Wu she is very smart , experienced and truly cares about her patients
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Compassionate caring and thorough
Describe the protocols Diana Wu used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
I was given the antagonist protocol for my treatment last time I had about 10-12 follicles and she used appropriate dosing for my situation which resulted in my beautiful baby boy. She explained what she believed the outcome would be and she was right on.
Very quick to respond
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Strengths are great customer service compassion reliability quick response sand the weaknesses are sometimes they are running behind in appointments and long hold times on the phone when you call in to make appointments or return calls
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University.
13000 for IVF services and around 6K for medications
Describe Diana Wu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Diana Wu
Portland
With both iuis [with Dr. Paula Amato] I was prescribed 50 mg clomid I did the the trigger shot then the iui next day...always takes the time to explain everything to me and let me ask all the questions I want to...I always lefted the clinic with knowledge of what the next move will be. Also her and her team always respond to my emails in a timely mannor...Strengths are very knowledgable of the procedures, always respond to emails very quickly. Always answer all your questions. Good at explaining everything so you understand the procedure. Very friendly and kind.
About $700.00 for each iui [at Oregon Health Sciences University]...Strengths are very knowledgable of the procedures, always respond to emails very quickly. Always answer all your questions. Good at explaining everything so you understand the procedure. Very friendly and kind...The clinic and Dr. Amato always takes the time to explain everything to me and let me ask all the questions I want to...With both iuis I was prescribed 50 mg clomid I did the the trigger shot then the iui next day.
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Paula Amato always very caring and takes her time answering questions I always lefted the clinic with knowledge of what the next move will be. Also her and her team always respond to my emails in a timely mannor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
That they are in good hands and good care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Describe the protocols Paula Amato used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University.
About $700.00 for each iui
Paula Amato

2016 - 2020, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Krieg] continues to charge forward and treat the original diagnosis, with the original treatment plan for the time she may have specified in an appointment several months prior, even when new information has materialized that seems like it should result in a change of course. Like in my case, I all of the sudden stopped getting a period after ovulation and stopped showing LH surges on OPK's when every single prior cycle those two things hadn't occurred. In this case, I could hardly get her on the phone to have a conversation with me about it. I find when talking to Dr. Krieg, it's clear she's either forgotten or hasn't looked across my personal medical history when providing me answers, so it seems like each conversation is disconnected from the last.
[Oregon Health Sciences University's] process is incredibly bureaucratic with how they evaluate your medical case as a team, but only allow you to discuss any findings they may have with a nurse who can't answer any questions - on top of that, it's very difficult to get ahold of a doctor (any doctor!) when, in fact, you do have questions. Given the emotional sensitivity of patients undergoing fertility treatments, I would not recommend OHSU, but rather seek a clinic that put patients at the center and prioritizes communication.
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Krieg seems quite knowledgable of textbook diagnoses and interpretation of test results, but tends to overlook details I share that sit outside the norm. She continues to charge forward and treat the original diagnosis, with the original treatment plan for the time she may have specified in an appointment several months prior, even when new information has materialized that seems like it should result in a change of course. Like in my case, I all of the sudden stopped getting a period after ovulation and stopped showing LH surges on OPK's when every single prior cycle those two things hadn't occurred. In this case, I could hardly get her on the phone to have a conversation with me about it. I find when talking to Dr. Krieg, it's clear she's either forgotten or hasn't looked across my personal medical history when providing me answers, so it seems like each conversation is disconnected from the last.
Levelset on communication expectations before pursuing treatment to make sure you're both aligned - as the lack of communication could cause stress which quite possibly counterbalances the benefits of pursuing fertility treatments.
This is a criticism of OHSU Fertility, not of Dr. Krieg, as when I finally got through the bureaucracy to reach Dr. Krieg, she was helpful! OHSU is not patient-centric, they prioritize getting people through vs. talking to their patients. Their process is incredibly bureaucratic with how they evaluate your medical case as a team, but only allow you to discuss any findings they may have with a nurse who can't answer any questions - on top of that, it's very difficult to get ahold of a doctor (any doctor!) when, in fact, you do have questions. Given the emotional sensitivity of patients undergoing fertility treatments, I would not recommend OHSU, but rather seek a clinic that put patients at the center and prioritizes communication.
provera to stimulate period, letrizole to stimulate ovulation, ovidrel shot to stimulate ovulation, and IUI. 3rd time with this strategy back in 2017 I got pregnant. 3rd time with this strategy in 2019, I didn't get a period at the end of a cycle but had negative pregnancy tests. After trying hard to break through the staff filter to get me 5 minutes on the phone with Dr. Krieg to understand if she might have a hypothesis why, she said likely a luteal cyst, but that it was weird. Next cycle, I had to induce with provera, kept on the same letrizole course, my ultrasound was scheduled too late so we missed ovulation completely. All my OPK's were negative. No explanation. I was prescribed more letrizole to take mid-cycle as they weren't sure at my ultrasound if I had ovulated or if my cycle was just really really long. I started the letrizole, then several days later was told after a blood test that actually I had ovulated. Finally I was able to get a call with Dr. Krieg a few days after that, she said stop taking the letrizole (I had one day supply left). I asked if taking letrizole in the luteal phase was detrimental to my chances of getting pregnant that cycle from intercourse (since we missed IUI) and she said she didn't know, that they have never had anyone take letrizole in the luteal phase before. She recommended same treatment next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
Valerie always told me the doctor was too busy to talk to me, yet couldn't answer my questions when I had them. After my last conversation with Dr. Krieg on the phone, she told me she had responded to Valerie on a question I had directly, but Valerie never contacted me with Dr. Krieg's response. She also scheduled my ultrasound too late and we missed ovulation completely - I depend on their knowledge of my medical history and their expertise to manage my appointments and my communications with the doctors as needed and I found consistently that I could not depend on Valerie. Alternatively, the medical assistant Lotte, was incredible.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They are not patient-centric at OHSU, and prioritize getting people through vs. talking to their patients. Their process is incredibly bureaucratic with how they evaluate your medical case as a team, but only allow you to discuss any findings they may have with a nurse who can't answer any questions - on top of that, it's very difficult to get ahold of a doctor (any doctor!) when, in fact, you do have questions. Given the emotional sensitivity of patients undergoing fertility treatments, I would not recommend OHSU, but rather seek a clinic that put patients at the center and prioritizes communication.
I can't remember the difference in cost between seeing Dr. Krieg 1:1 vs. IUI, vs. ultrasound, but I never left without spending at least $400 and over the course of the several months I've gone to OHSU fertility, I estimate being in over $10k.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Dr. Krieg told me over the phone not to increase my letrizole dosage. Then a nurse called me to schedule an ultrasound saying my chart reflected a higher dosage than what I was taking. At this time, I asked to speak to a doctor to understand if I should increase, even through Dr. Krieg told me not to because Dr. Krieg was on vacation. No one called me back. I found out later from Dr. Krieg that she had given direction for me to increase back to the nurse directly, yet no one called me or mychart-messaged me that she had responded.
Sacha Krieg