3303 S.W. Bond Avenue
Portland, OR 97239
503 418-4500

2016 - 2020, Unsuccessful
We did two medicated and one natural cycle of IVF using adopted embryos [with Dr. Diana Wu]. the medicated cycles did not work well for me so doctor adjusted the protocol to use the natural cycle which is when we were finally able to transfer the embryo. However the embryo was fairly low quality and did not stick...The doctor was pretty solid but I think she was overstretched because there was a lot of miscommunication through her nurse. And I got a lot of wrong information from her nurse as well. One example of this is missing starting a medication on time because nobody communicated the timeline with me until a few days after it was supposed to begin
I'm a little confused about who my primary nurse was [at Oregon Health Sciences University] because there was a couple transitions in terms of somebody on a vacation, but I did struggle with some of the communication like being a shirred that I was not going to miss deadlines and then calculating myself and recognizing that I had missed a deadline to start a meditation...I believe the whole process of IVF aside from medication was about $4,500. medications were maybe $200 per cycle.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Stay on top of dates and make sure that you know ahead of time what to expect in terms of protocol
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I went to Oregon reproductive medicine before OHSU, and then cold and clinical, OHSU was friendly and considerate even with bad news
Describe the protocols Diana Wu used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
We did two medicated and one natural cycle of IVF using adopted embryos. the medicated cycles did not work well for me so doctor adjusted the protocol to use the natural cycle which is when we were finally able to transfer the embryo. However the embryo was fairly low quality and did not stick.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University.
I'm a little confused about who my primary nurse was because there was a couple transitions in terms of somebody on a vacation, but I did struggle with some of the communication like being a shirred that I was not going to miss deadlines and then calculating myself and recognizing that I had missed a deadline to start a meditation
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
I love the flexibility of OHSU and how kind they were to me, people are always there and friendly. even on Christmas Eve when I had to come in for treatment people were friendly and kind. our weaknesses maybe that there are a lot of people in charge of your care so sometimes there's miscommunication.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Describe Diana Wu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
She urged us to go with single embryo transfer because of the risks associated with multiples
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University.
As previously described there was some miscommunication in terms of medication and timing. I also ordered a very expensive series of medications only to be told that the protocol was changing, and then the nurse told me that I could return the medication when I talked about the expense and then when I got there that was incorrect.
Portland

She[Dr. Diana Wu] explains things where we can understand and goes step by step with us...This is all out of pocket so she takes the time to consider that when suggesting courses of action...I have PCOS so all of this was because i do not ovulate or have a regular period...After a suppression scan we went onto the injection meds. We started with Menopur 75 units in the morning, and follistim 900 and then 600 units for about a week...she won’t do more than one embryo transfer because of my age (36) and my blood pressure which tends to be higher.
[nurse of Oregon Health Sciences University] very compassionate and understanding my needs...I think we have spent about about 15,000 for the first part of IvF...did a SIS before and that costs about $850. I will be spending about maybe $5000 more for meds and the embryo transfer...described protocols in detail in ways we could understand.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
She has been very understanding and compassionate. This is all out of pocket so she takes the time to consider that when suggesting courses of action. She explains things where we can understand and goes step by step with us.
Ask any questions you have. She will answer everything.
Dr. Wu has been great! She is very open to any questions I have and throughly explaining everything. She doesn’t seem rushed during appointments and takes her time every time we see her.
I have PCOS so all of this was because i do not ovulate or have a regular period. We have done the egg retrieval so far. We started with going on birth control for 2 weeks. After a suppression scan we went onto the injection meds. We started with Menopur 75 units in the morning, and follistim 900 and then 600 units for about a week. I started Ganirilex 250 mcg once my follicles were a certain size. All of these meds were for my egg retrieval. I had 23 eggs retrieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Dani Greene)
She was very compassionate and understanding my needs. I ask a ton of questions and she always responds quickly with an answer and didn’t seem bothered by my many emails. She described protocols in detail in ways we could understand.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They were very friendly every time I went in. They were well organized and efficient and also on time for each appointment. This was important because I usually had to go to work from the clinic. They always validated and Never forgot to ask about it too.
So far I think we have spent about about 15,000 for the first part of IvF. That is the appointments and bloodwork leading up to the retrieval, and the meds. We did a SIS before and that costs about $850. I will be spending about maybe $5000 more for meds and the embryo transfer.
My dr won’t do more than one embryo transfer because of my age (36) and my blood pressure which tends to be higher. I would be open to multiple embryo transfers because I feel like it increases my odds of getting pregnant. I’m also open to multiples.

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Wu is very flexible and adjusts her care to fit the needs of her patients. If I had a question about my plan of care, she would always explain her reasoning and would offer alternatives if they were available.... After our first egg retrieval (using lupron) produced only 1 embryo, Dr. Wu adjusted my protocol and did less suppression in an effort to produce more eggs. This protocol produced 3 embryos. After 2 transfers resulted in negative pregnancy tests, Dr. Wu opted to do an endometrial biopsy. We finally had a successful transfer after that.
OHSU is a great clinic with wonderful staff. All team members communicate well with one another. The front desk staff is very friendly and makes the awkwardness of IVF seem completely normal. The financial coordinator did a great job ensuring we knew how much we should expect to spend.... Oahn is a wonderful nurse. She was very empathetic through the whole process and made sure I knew what to expect next.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Feel free to ask her questions if you’re unsure about something.
Dr. Wu is very kind and does a phenomenal job of problem-solving with her patients. I felt like we were all part of a team working toward a goal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Oahn )
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
We were out of pocket, so IFV was expensive. It was all explained to us upfront and was more than worth it.
We had MFI and limited embryos, so we only transferred 1 embryo at a time.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Amato is pretty blunt. She seems kind but lacks warmness. Dr. Amato was brief in explanation of the process. It was often assumed I had done an IUI previously despite the numerous times I said it was my first. There wasn’t much discussion about my options or success rates. Most information I gathered on my own...I don’t feel everything was explained thoroughly. After my first IUI, Dr. Amato just told me to take a pregnancy test in two weeks. I had to inquire what next steps were. There was no discussion of success rates.
Dr. Amato [at Oregon Health Sciences University] wanted an unmedicated treatment...All nurses were nice...The paperwork I had to fill out was heteronormative....not LGBT specific despite the fact it was known I’m seeking fertility treatment due to being LGBT. The receptionist is super nice! Majority of staff I interacted with are very kind. Parking was confusing the first time I went so leave with extra time. Do your research and be prepared with questions.
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Describe the protocols Paula Amato used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
Dr. Amato wanted an unmedicated treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Oregon Health Sciences University.
All nurses were nice.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Well one follow up visit (in which Dr. Amato said I’ve completed everything and can start IUI next cycle) cost over $1400. This is an expensive process and I had to take out a personal loan to assist with the costs of treatment.
Portland

Dr Wu was always prepared for our appointments and knew our plan. She had a great bedside manner. I loved that she was blunt but gentle about it...was extremely knowledgeable. I had a particularly complicated case given my age, Asherman’s, previous ectopic, etc. She never gave up on me when she could have. I always felt heard and she was easy to talk to. I’m grateful for her care.
During our over 1.5 years at the clinic [Oregon Health Sciences University] I communicated with / interacted with quite a few nurses. Every single one of them was fantastic. From the nurses doing blood draws, to the ones setting up my FET schedule, or the one at the ER or FET - I seriously couldn’t be happier with them. This year has been especially tricky with Covid and they were all wonderful, professional, compassionate, funny and so much more.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr Wu was extremely knowledgeable. I had a particularly complicated case given my age, Asherman’s, previous ectopic, etc. She never gave up on me when she could have. I always felt heard and she was easy to talk to. I’m grateful for her care.
During our over 1.5 years at the clinic I communicated with / interacted with quite a few nurses. Every single one of them was fantastic. From the nurses doing blood draws, to the ones setting up my FET schedule, or the one at the ER or FET - I seriously couldn’t be happier with them. This year has been especially tricky with Covid and they were all wonderful, professional, compassionate, funny and so much more.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The only weakness which I’m sure is industry standard is sometimes appointments are scheduled far at - especially at the beginning. This clinic has handled Covid safety amazingly well. They are professional and caring.

2016 - 2020, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Krieg] continues to charge forward and treat the original diagnosis, with the original treatment plan for the time she may have specified in an appointment several months prior, even when new information has materialized that seems like it should result in a change of course. Like in my case, I all of the sudden stopped getting a period after ovulation and stopped showing LH surges on OPK's when every single prior cycle those two things hadn't occurred. In this case, I could hardly get her on the phone to have a conversation with me about it. I find when talking to Dr. Krieg, it's clear she's either forgotten or hasn't looked across my personal medical history when providing me answers, so it seems like each conversation is disconnected from the last.
[Oregon Health Sciences University's] process is incredibly bureaucratic with how they evaluate your medical case as a team, but only allow you to discuss any findings they may have with a nurse who can't answer any questions - on top of that, it's very difficult to get ahold of a doctor (any doctor!) when, in fact, you do have questions. Given the emotional sensitivity of patients undergoing fertility treatments, I would not recommend OHSU, but rather seek a clinic that put patients at the center and prioritizes communication.
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Krieg seems quite knowledgable of textbook diagnoses and interpretation of test results, but tends to overlook details I share that sit outside the norm. She continues to charge forward and treat the original diagnosis, with the original treatment plan for the time she may have specified in an appointment several months prior, even when new information has materialized that seems like it should result in a change of course. Like in my case, I all of the sudden stopped getting a period after ovulation and stopped showing LH surges on OPK's when every single prior cycle those two things hadn't occurred. In this case, I could hardly get her on the phone to have a conversation with me about it. I find when talking to Dr. Krieg, it's clear she's either forgotten or hasn't looked across my personal medical history when providing me answers, so it seems like each conversation is disconnected from the last.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Levelset on communication expectations before pursuing treatment to make sure you're both aligned - as the lack of communication could cause stress which quite possibly counterbalances the benefits of pursuing fertility treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
This is a criticism of OHSU Fertility, not of Dr. Krieg, as when I finally got through the bureaucracy to reach Dr. Krieg, she was helpful! OHSU is not patient-centric, they prioritize getting people through vs. talking to their patients. Their process is incredibly bureaucratic with how they evaluate your medical case as a team, but only allow you to discuss any findings they may have with a nurse who can't answer any questions - on top of that, it's very difficult to get ahold of a doctor (any doctor!) when, in fact, you do have questions. Given the emotional sensitivity of patients undergoing fertility treatments, I would not recommend OHSU, but rather seek a clinic that put patients at the center and prioritizes communication.
Describe the protocols Sacha Krieg used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
provera to stimulate period, letrizole to stimulate ovulation, ovidrel shot to stimulate ovulation, and IUI. 3rd time with this strategy back in 2017 I got pregnant. 3rd time with this strategy in 2019, I didn't get a period at the end of a cycle but had negative pregnancy tests. After trying hard to break through the staff filter to get me 5 minutes on the phone with Dr. Krieg to understand if she might have a hypothesis why, she said likely a luteal cyst, but that it was weird. Next cycle, I had to induce with provera, kept on the same letrizole course, my ultrasound was scheduled too late so we missed ovulation completely. All my OPK's were negative. No explanation. I was prescribed more letrizole to take mid-cycle as they weren't sure at my ultrasound if I had ovulated or if my cycle was just really really long. I started the letrizole, then several days later was told after a blood test that actually I had ovulated. Finally I was able to get a call with Dr. Krieg a few days after that, she said stop taking the letrizole (I had one day supply left). I asked if taking letrizole in the luteal phase was detrimental to my chances of getting pregnant that cycle from intercourse (since we missed IUI) and she said she didn't know, that they have never had anyone take letrizole in the luteal phase before. She recommended same treatment next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
Valerie always told me the doctor was too busy to talk to me, yet couldn't answer my questions when I had them. After my last conversation with Dr. Krieg on the phone, she told me she had responded to Valerie on a question I had directly, but Valerie never contacted me with Dr. Krieg's response. She also scheduled my ultrasound too late and we missed ovulation completely - I depend on their knowledge of my medical history and their expertise to manage my appointments and my communications with the doctors as needed and I found consistently that I could not depend on Valerie. Alternatively, the medical assistant Lotte, was incredible.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They are not patient-centric at OHSU, and prioritize getting people through vs. talking to their patients. Their process is incredibly bureaucratic with how they evaluate your medical case as a team, but only allow you to discuss any findings they may have with a nurse who can't answer any questions - on top of that, it's very difficult to get ahold of a doctor (any doctor!) when, in fact, you do have questions. Given the emotional sensitivity of patients undergoing fertility treatments, I would not recommend OHSU, but rather seek a clinic that put patients at the center and prioritizes communication.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University.
I can't remember the difference in cost between seeing Dr. Krieg 1:1 vs. IUI, vs. ultrasound, but I never left without spending at least $400 and over the course of the several months I've gone to OHSU fertility, I estimate being in over $10k.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Krieg told me over the phone not to increase my letrizole dosage. Then a nurse called me to schedule an ultrasound saying my chart reflected a higher dosage than what I was taking. At this time, I asked to speak to a doctor to understand if I should increase, even through Dr. Krieg told me not to because Dr. Krieg was on vacation. No one called me back. I found out later from Dr. Krieg that she had given direction for me to increase back to the nurse directly, yet no one called me or mychart-messaged me that she had responded.

2009 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr David Lee is a very compassionate and kind doctor. He is trustworthy. He explains things in details and tries to see the big picture and see it from your perspective. He listened and included you in the treatment plan. He was a busy doctor so a few times he was not available (including transfer day). ... He includes you in the treatment plan and fills you in on the good and the bad of a treatment plan. He doesn't treat you like your another number or paycheck.
We had several errors made by nursing staff [OHSU] with ordering medications (missed meds, filling out PA's, etc.) which resulted in cancelled treatments. We had a lot of questions for the Financial Counselors and felt as though our questions weren't answered at all or in a timely manner. Also, they didn't communicate with us on what deposit was due before the appointment so we came in and were shocked to find out we had a deposit due.
How was your experience with David Lee at Oregon Health Sciences University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Lee at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Research questions beforehand and go into the appointment with them. Be ready to figure out your treatment plan along side Dr David Lee.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Lee at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr David Lee is a very compassionate and kind doctor. He includes you in the treatment plan and fills you in on the good and the bad of a treatment plan. He doesn't treat you like your another number or paycheck.
Describe the protocols David Lee used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
We started our treatment using Clomid and timed intercourse. We did this for 6 rounds before moving onto IUI. For our IUI and eventually our IVF we used Menopur and Follistem. IUI was cancelled due to poor sperm penetration. We did a SPA test and eventually moved onto IVF. 17 eggs retrieved and out of those 6 fertilized. Two 3 Day embryos transferred. Negative pregnancy test.
Our nursing staff was friendly and kind when we came in for our initial consultation and for the first few appointments. When it came down to doing IUI and IVF and handling the medication aspect of it we found our nursing staff showed frustration with us and lacked communication. We made several calls daily to try to resolve issues that arrived. They ended up missing a critical medication which made us have to cancel our second IVF treatment. Which resulted in loss of time and money.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Our clinic was easy to find, accessible and clean. Staff was helpful on the phone when making an appointment and friendly in person when checking in. During the initial consultation the nurse was helpful in explaining the protocol and explaining how the injections worked. We had several errors made by nursing staff with ordering medications (missed meds, filling out PA's, etc.) which resulted in cancelled treatments. We had a lot of questions for the Financial Counselors and felt as though our questions weren't answered at all or in a timely manner. Also, they didn't communicate with us on what deposit was due before the appointment so we came in and were shocked to find out we had a deposit due.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Lee at Oregon Health Sciences University.
As our treatment started in 2009, the cost is hard to remember that far back. I do know our medications were just over $1,000 and we had to give a deposit of about $500 for the first initial appointment with Dr David Lee. Lab tests were out of network so I believe they were only covered at 30%.
Describe David Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Dr David Lee suggested eSET but my spouse and I chose to transfer 2 embryos. Dr David Lee did explain the pros and cons of each and encouraged us to talk it over as a couple.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Several of the medications on my protocol required prior authorization which I instructed the clinic ahead of time to allow them adequate time to do the paperwork and submit it to my insurance/pharmacy. Paperwork was never completed and submitted and my protocol start date came and went so my treatment had to be cancelled. I called several times that week checking on the paperwork and had to leave multiple voicemails and the nurse I spoke to was rude on the phone and made it seems like I was the one who messed up.
David Lee
Portland

Dr. Wu is very knowlegable. She noticed an abnormaility on a previous test from another doctor that we didn't know about. She was quick to take action. ... I love that she works with my Naturopathic Primary Care Doctors so that we can reach our mutual goal. ... During the proceedure she found 6 to 7 Uterine Polyps and a thickened lining. She removed the polyups and shaved down my lining. Upon receiving the biospy resluts back we found I had complex hyerplasia without atypia.
I loved that on our first visit they [OHSU] scheduled us to see the Financial Coordinator and we discussed our treatment plan and pricing. They had a whole packet for us ready to go. Ever visit since has had the same feel. I don't think that this is a weekness, but sometimes appointments get pushed back due to proceedures or other things running long. I can appreicate that when you check in they have a sign showing how behind the doctor is.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Wu is very knowlegable. She noticed an abnormaility on a previous test from another doctor that we didn't know about. She was quick to take action. We hit a few bumps along the way, but she was great at adapting and adjusting the course of treatment for the next step. I ask a lot of questions and she gives me detailed answers. I love that she works with my Naturopathic Primary Care Doctors so that we can reach our mutual goal.
As as many questions as you feel you need to when taking the next step in your treatment.
Dr Wu is very honest and encouraging.
She located an abnormaility on a HSG test from a previous doctor that we didn't know about. She scheduled me for a Saline Infusion Sonogram which was unsuccesful due to the shape of my Cervix. She suggested a Hysteroscopy as I was uncomfrotable with jumping right in to surgery. She worked with my Naturopathic Primary Care Doctor for some treatments to soften my Cervix and dialate. After the second attempt was unsucessful, I was ready to proceed with the Hysteroscopy. During the proceedure she found 6 to 7 Uterine Polyps and a thickened lining. She removed the polyups and shaved down my lining. Upon receiving the biospy resluts back we found I had complex hyerplasia without atypia. She gave me progesterone for the next 2 months to regress the hyperplasia.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Dani (Dr Wu's Nurse))
Dani has been great!! She has answered all of my questions and put me at ease and was encouraging when discussing my Hysertocopy. Not just Dani is great, everyone that has helped us from checking in to fincial coordinators and nurses are amaizing. They are understanding and compasionate about the things that we are putting our bodies thru. I love that they are encouraging during proceedures.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They are very organized!!! I loved that on our first visit they scheduled us to see the Financial Coordinator and we discussed our treatment plan and pricing. They had a whole packet for us ready to go. Ever visit since has had the same feel. I don't think that this is a weekness, but sometimes appointments get pushed back due to proceedures or other things running long. I can appreicate that when you check in they have a sign showing how behind the doctor is. I know if it was me in that room, I would want the Doctor to focus on me and my case and not be in a hurry to see the next patient. When you come for a visit, plan for some additional time.
So far my insurance has covered my visits with 20% my responsibility. We plan to start IVF in 1 month that is not covered by my insurance.
Portland

Dr. Amato was lovely and very easy to work with. She wasn't the most talkative person, but she was always there to answer questions we had, which was great ... She wasn't the one to usually initiate conversations, so we learned to have a list of everything we wanted to know for visits. We saw her very rarely, and mostly dealt with nurses or other doctors, though she was our main doctor.
As previously stated, my only critisicm of the clinic [OHSU] is the lack of communication between us (the IP's) and the clinic and our GC. Lots of frustating calls and random bills in the mail that could have been avoided if there was a central person we could discuss on all matters, instead of speaking to the doctor, then the nurse, then finance, then billing, etc.
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Amato was lovely and very easy to work with. She wasn't the most talkative person, but she was always there to answer questions we had, which was great..............................................................
Prepare every question you could ever have about the process, and have it with you for the appointments.
Dr. Amato was very nice, and answered all questions we asked of her. She wasn't the one to usually initiate conversations, so we learned to have a list of everything we wanted to know for visits. We saw her very rarely, and mostly dealt with nurses or other doctors, though she was our main doctor.
During our donor egg retreival, they discovered not as many follicles growing as they wanted. So they decided to stop the cycle, reset, and do it again. She predicted it would yeild a better result, and it did! We got 23 mature eggs, and ended up with 13 healthy embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
My only real beef with OHSU is that it's VERY difficult to communicate with everyone and be on the same page. We would get info on one thing, and a cost, and a month later find out something else happened and it cost twice the price, and nobody had let us know. Either having one nurse be in charge of everything for each couple, or something else would help this alot. We had a lot of phone calls with the billing and finance departmetns that were frustrating because nobody was talking to each other. And it's a shame, because it's a lovely place and everybody was very nice and seemed to truly care about us.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
As previously stated, my only critisicm of the clinic is the lack of communication between us (the IP's) and the clinic and our GC. Lots of frustating calls and random bills in the mail that could have been avoided if there was a central person we could discuss on all matters, instead of speaking to the doctor, then the nurse, then finance, then billing, etc.
We spent approximately $38,000 for donor eggs ($7,000), embryo creation, and 1 transfer, as well as the corresponding doctors appointments.
Describe Paula Amato's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Dr. Amato strongly preferred a SET, which after exhaustive research and many discussions, we agreed with. For both the health of the baby, and the GC
Portland

she [Dr. Amato] has mentioned before IVF was started that she would recommend a single egg transfer due to the risk of multiples and having a bicornuate uterus...I received an MRI to verify that my previously diagnosed bicornuate uterus was not a uterine septum, which would require surgery prior to IVF treatment. I was also prescribed an extra medication called Saizen during the egg retrieval process to improve my egg quality.
they [Oregon Health Sciences Univeristy] offer different “packages” from 2 different financing companies. Our specific package included: 2 egg retrievals, up to 2 fresh embryo transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers from fresh cycles. This package was one of the more expensive options at $23,705.78...You do have a primary doctor and nurse but I personally have only been scheduled with my primary people a few times. I’ve seen other doctors and nurses at the clinic many times.
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
To be completely honest, out of the many times I’ve been to the clinic, I’ve only seen Amato twice. (All the doctor’s work togetherat theclinic and even have daily meetings to discuss patients) But each time she was great. Very knowledgeable and answered our questions. We had been going through fertility care for awhile so we thought we knew a lot but she explained a lot more.
We read reviews online of Amato beforehand and a few said to make sure to ask questions. I feel she explained everything well before us asking any questions we had about our own personal care.
Interested in our journey, listened to our concerns, available for questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
I saw several nurses since I started treatment there and every one has been great. This may seem like an odd thing to be happy about but they are all great at drawing blood. I bruise very easily and having to have blood draw every 1-2 days is tough on my veins. Luckily I only bruised once from my blood draw, which makes me very happy since I use my arms a lot at work. They have all been very helpful too. My personal nurse Rachel is always willing to communicate with me, especially through email since my work schedule doesn’t work very well with her work schedule.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
One thing you’ll have to be is willing to see any doctor or nurse available. They tell you that they all work together at the consult. I personally think it’s great but I could see it confusing or annoying some people who like to stick with the same people. You do have a primary doctor and nurse but I personally have only been scheduled with my primary people a few times. I’ve seen other doctors and nurses at the clinic many times.
I don’t remember specifics but they offer different “packages” from 2 different financing companies. Our specific package included: 2 egg retrievals, up to 2 fresh embryo transfers, and unlimited frozen transfers from fresh cycles. This package was one of the more expensive options at $23,705.78
We’re not quite at that stage yet but she has mentioned before IVF was started that she would recommend a single egg transfer due to the risk of multiples and having a bicornuate uterus.

2016 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. Krieg] informed us of everything possible and gave us realistic expectations. She was also so compassionate and understanding of our losses. We were with her for almost 4 years and she made the whole process so much easier. I couldn’t imagine going through all we did without a doctor like her and her colleagues (OHSU) ... she suggested doing 3 IUI’s before moving forward with IVF. We had no luck with those and had to go through 3 rounds of IVF before having a live birth. We used clomid, lupron, Estradiol and progesterone throughput the process.
We went to OHSU fertility after trying to conceive for 2 years. ... Great with scheduling but not always on time. Usually a 20-30 min wait. Clinic was easy to find and very clean. Everyone that we worked with at the front office was very helpful With check in and billing. ... All the nurses were fantastic except for our primary nurse. That would be my only complaint. ...
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I have nothing bad to say about her. She informed us of everything possible and gave us realistic expectations. She was also so compassionate and understanding of our losses. We were with her for almost 4 years and she made the whole process so much easier. I couldn’t imagine going through all we did without a doctor like her and her colleagues.
That you are with the best and if you aren’t getting answers through her nurse or other administration, email her directly and she will always call you. She always has time for you and your questions/concerns.
From day one she was amazing. This is such a hard process and she made both me and my husband feel like she would be there with us the whole way. I can’t say enough about her support throughout this process.
We went to OHSU fertility after trying to conceive for 2 years. After bloodwork and testing, she suggested doing 3 IUI’s before moving forward with IVF. We had no luck with those and had to go through 3 rounds of IVF before having a live birth. We used clomid, lupron, Estradiol and progesterone throughput the process.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
We did a package from an outside source and that was approximately $28000. Not including medications for retrieval or each cycle. Total, we probably spent close to $40000.
Describe Sacha Krieg's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Oregon Health Sciences University.
We didn’t want to run the risk of multiples, so we did 1 at a time.
Portland

The consultation with her [Dr. Krieg] was wonderful. She seemed to really listen to me and did her best to relate to me.... It seems like she knows what she’s doing. I’ve had any labs done and she is the only one to see something off with my thyroid. The one IUI I had was with the on call Dr Lee. He was very kind as well but it would’ve been nice to have Dr Krieg there for my first procedure.... I have been placed on Bromocriptine, levoxythrine and Clomid. I was given an Ovidril in case I need it.
They [Oregon Health Sciences] didn’t let me know how much I was expected to pay at my IUI until 10 minutes before I got there. Thankfully I had the money. I would advise that you get a breakdown of payment expected ahead of time. I also would make sure you ask lots of questions but also do your own research before you go.... I had to pay $460 at the time of IUI. My ultrasounds are separate at around $500 per ultrasound. The ovidril shot was $100
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
It seems like she knows what she’s doing. I’ve had any labs done and she is the only one to see something off with my thyroid. The one IUI I had was with the on call Dr Lee. He was very kind as well but it would’ve been nice to have Dr Krieg there for my first procedure. It seemed like they assumed I knew what to do ie lay down for 15 minutes after the IUI. I got up right away and left without knowing. I think it would be good for them to make sure to know where the patient is in her journey.
Make sure you ask plenty of questions
The consultation with her was wonderful. She seemed to really listen to me and did her best to relate to me.
I have been placed on Bromocriptine, levoxythrine and Clomid. I was given an Ovidril in case I need it. I take the clomid on days 3-7 of my period. I get an ultrasound on day 12 and also use the ovulation strips to test myself. I’m in month 3. The 2nd try, she cancelled the IUI due to my ultrasound results. She added provera this round. My next ultrasound is on the 13th.
Very helpful and friendly
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
They didn’t let me know how much I was expected to pay at my IUI until 10 minutes before I got there. Thankfully I had the money. I would advise that you get a breakdown of payment expected ahead of time. I also would make sure you ask lots of questions but also do your own research before you go. That way you are prepared to ask the correct questions.
Portland

While we are still seeing Dr. Hedges as my husband's urologist, our experience so far has been excellent. He cares not just about his patients, but also about finding the "why" behind what is happening.... After our consultation, Dr. Hedges wanted to run blood work for hormone levels and run another semen analysis. My husband hadn't had blood work done yet, and his first SA done at a different clinic showed numbers less than two million, so he wanted to do another test.
The OHSU Fertility Consultants clinic has a lot of resources available. All of the fertility doctors work together and communicate well. One thing I love about them is that because they are a research and teaching hospital, I feel like we have a medical staff that is willing to try many different avenues to help us reach our goal... Between using the online health portal for communication and testing results, and finding a hospital closer to us within their network for testing, it has really been a major stress reliever to not have to make that trip every time.
How was your experience with Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University?
While we are still seeing Dr. Hedges as my husband's urologist, our experience so far has been excellent. He cares not just about his patients, but also about finding the "why" behind what is happening. He is an excellent communicator and makes us feel important. So many times, you feel as if doctors don't have much spare time to give you either in an appointment, or responding to an email. While I do believe he is very busy, I have never felt that way with him. He takes his time, explains things thoroughly, and responds quickly. Talking about male factor infertility is a delicate subject, but Dr. Hedges made us feel very comfortable. While he is optimistic, he also does not put unrealistic expectations in front of us. He has always been able to perfectly balance reality with optimism; a great feat in the infertility world.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Come with a lot of questions because he will take the time to answer them. Also, it is absolutely worth it to sign up for the online health management since he will actually effectively utilize it with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Hedges sat and had an actual conversation with us. He was calm, caring, and didn't seem rushed at all. While I'm sure he had many patients to see, we didn't feel pushed along. It felt like he really cared and deeply wanted to help us understand the root cause of our infertility. He answered all questions we had thoroughly, and both he and his staff have continued to do so via email ever since.
Describe the protocols Jason Hedges used in your cycles at Oregon Health Sciences University and their degree of success.
After our consultation, Dr. Hedges wanted to run blood work for hormone levels and run another semen analysis. My husband hadn't had blood work done yet, and his first SA done at a different clinic showed numbers less than two million, so he wanted to do another test. Both of these choices made sense to us and were what we expected. My husband's testosterone levels were normal, but his FSH levels were somewhat elevated. The SA showed zero sperm, which is when he was diagnosed with azoospermia. After this first round of tests, Dr. Hedges recommended the next step of micro-TESE surgery along with blood work to check for any chromosomal abnormalities. The surgery is the logical next step to see if there is even any sperm available to be used for IVF/ICSI, and the extra blood work is to check for any other underlying issues. We haven't received the blood work results yet, but I'm assuming no news is good news. My husband's surgery date is scheduled for about 5 weeks out, so we won't know the results until that time.
We haven't had too much interaction with nurses yet, but they have been professional and kind. The nurse who communicates with us via the online health portal has been very responsive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The OHSU Fertility Consultants clinic has a lot of resources available. All of the fertility doctors work together and communicate well. One thing I love about them is that because they are a research and teaching hospital, I feel like we have a medical staff that is willing to try many different avenues to help us reach our goal that other clinics might not in order to protect their results ratio/data. All of the staff members that we have come in contact with (doctors, nurses, lab techs, billing, etc) have been kind, patient, and understanding. The poor woman we were in touch with to schedule my husband's surgery had to deal with us calling back about five times in a row with various questions. Never once did she seem annoyed or inconvenienced. The communication has been excellent and we have always felt cared for. I would say that the main drawback of this clinic is their size. While the bigger size does provide more resources, it can take a longer time to get in for an appointment, and scheduling things like surgery can take longer. To be fair, though, I think we who battle infertility are always in a rush to get started on treatment, so the timeline might be perfectly normal. Getting set up as a new patient was quite easy. The referral process takes awhile no matter where you are, but once we were in touch, they were responsive. The one time it felt like it took awhile was after my husband's SA to schedule his surgery. They said we'd hear from their surgery scheduler within two weeks, and I think we waited a little over that amount of time. The clinic has been very flexible and accommodating with us. We live about an hour and a half away, so they have been great about finding ways to not make us come all the way there. Between using the online health portal for communication and testing results, and finding a hospital closer to us within their network for testing, it has really been a major stress reliever to not have to make that trip every time. Overall, we feel like we're in very good hands with this clinic, and would definitely recommend it to others.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Hedges at Oregon Health Sciences University.
Initial Consult - $332.00 Semen Analysis - $110.00 Chromosome Blood Work - $1044.40 Micro-TESE surgery - About $9,000. Final total not know yet, but this was the quote they gave us.
Jason Hedges
Portland

Dr Wu is extremely patient and takes the time to explain how each step of the process works and then goes over results and any questions thouroughly. She is amazing to work with! ... On top of that she’s patient and explains procedures, expectations and options in a way that’s easy to understand. ... Our first retrieval cycle we did a fairly normal protocol and it all went according to plan. ... I never feel like I’m asking a silly question or that I’m wasting her time. ...
Patient portal is amazing. Super responsive. Nursing staff [OHSU] is great, drs are amazing. ... We opted for a package. Two retrival cycles (no meds included) and unlimited transfers until live birth. Cost for that was approx $26k. ... Parking could be better but am appts make it easier. They do have free validation and covered parking so not horrible but sometimes it can get busy. ...
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr Wu is thourough and very knowledgeable. On top of that she’s patient and explains procedures, expectations and options in a way that’s easy to understand. I never feel like I’m asking a silly question or that I’m wasting her time.
She is my favorite of three clinics that we interviewed. Do your research though, but imho we love her!
Our first retrieval cycle we did a fairly normal protocol and it all went according to plan. We started with a consultation and baseline scan. We then got started on all of our testing for both my partner and I. Lots of bloodwork. All levels and results looked normal. We were put on birth control, menopur (2 vials), follistim (150), Ganirelix and pregnyl. Our retrival went smoothly and I had very minor pain afterward. They did notice a polyp that I will need to have removed before my FET.
Dani is amazing! oHSU has an app and they are always quick to respond! She answers all of my questions and concerns and lays out schedules and plans before I even think I need them! Amazing!
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Patient portal is amazing. Super responsive. Nursing staff is great, drs are amazing. Parking could be better but am appts make it easier. They do have free validation and covered parking so not horrible but sometimes it can get busy. Waiting area has great views but not much else. Front desk at some of the private clinics feels better (more spa like and attentive) but not huge on my priority list.
We opted for a package. Two retrival cycles (no meds included) and unlimited transfers until live birth. Cost for that was approx $26k. Drugs for retrival cycle was around $3700. Pgs testing was $1800 for biopsy and $1875 to igenomix (1500 pgs and 375 shopping)
Dr Wu only will place 1 in at a time unless special cases arise. I appreciate that.
Portland

OHSU offers discounted financing options for fertility treatments through Attain and ARC. I’m 39 and was able to buy a package of three retrievals with unlimited transfers through attain for around $30K (with an option to get some $$ back if this protocol didn’t result in a pregnancy. The package didn’t include medications or genetic testing (maybe $15K more for 3 rounds of retrievals).
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
I was referred to Dr. Krieg by another practioner. What I love about Dr. Krieg is that she is optimistic and compassionate (while still being realistic about outcomes). I’m 39 with an FSH of 15 and an AMH of 0.29 and I loved that she viewed these numbers as a challenge to overcome instead of a death sentence. In fact her words were, “Don’t worry, I’ve had patients have full term healthy pregnancies with these numbers”. I loved hearing that.
Do your research on Fertility IQ first, so you can come prepared with questions to ask.
My husband and I had two pregnancy losses, two surgeries for endometriosis and a failed IUI by the time we started IVF with Dr. Krieg. She has been nothing short of amazing and we appreciate how much compassion she has for our situation. The staff at OHSU, including Dr. Krieg, has been warm and all have been completely available to me through their patient portal or via phone call. I’ve always received a timely call back from the office. We never feel like a number.
I’m midway through the first round of egg retrieval via IVF. Here is the protocol protocol I am on: Climara transdermal Patch (due to my high FSH) Ganirelix x 3 days Menopur 2 powder vials - AM Daily Follistim 300 Units - PM Daily Saizen - PM every other day Ganirelix again until follicles are 12-14mm Retrieval will likely occur sometime between 10-16 days of stimulation medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Val)
So far, the handful of nurses I have interacted with have been nothing short of impressive. All have been kind, good listeners, concerned for our well being and of course, hopeful for a good outcome.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
For starters, the office has a very soothing vibe to it. The amount of natural light helps (I’ve been to other offices where it seems you’re stuck in a fluorescent cave). The front desk is friendly, no one has been rude or short with us. I was referred here by a very close friend (who is picky!!) and would definitely refer others here.
Dr. Kreig did not recommend multiple embryo transfer. We will be genetic testing all embryos (due to previous pregnancy losses) and she suggested multiple rounds would get us the most eggs to work with. With my FSH/AMH numbers, history of ovarian damage (due to recurring endometrioma on my ovaries) Dr. Krieg estimated we might get 1, maybe 2 embryos per retrieval that could be genetic tested. So we weren’t really good candidates for multiple embryo transfer anyway.
Portland

Dr. Wu was incredibly thorough, thoughtful, clear, and kind. She understood our unique situation and gave us clear, evidence-based options. She didn’t sugar-coat, but was sympathetic...She gives all the information, based on the latest research -- offering the projected outcomes based on different routes. She is realistic and yet empathetic. As an older patient, I appreciated that she was realistic about our chances but respected our decisions.
you'll mostly be communicating through the nurse [at Oregon Health Sciences University]...we got 9 mature eggs, which was very good considering my low AMH. All 9 fertilized. Only 2 made it to blast on day 5, so we proceeded to a fresh transfer. Sadly, none of the others made it to freeze and the two transferred resulted in a chemical pregnancy...For the most part, the nursing staff was very organized and great at communicating.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Prepare all the questions that you might have when you have your first appointment. That is when you'll get the most in-depth time with her. After that, you'll mostly be communicating through the nurse unless she is the one scheduled for one of your procedures/monitoring appointments.
Dr. Wu adjusted the protocol when my follow-up FSH came back lower than it had been previously. We did an estrogen-priming (with Ganirelex at the end) start followed by max dose stims with Follistim and Menopur with Ganrirelex at the end. We planned to proceed to PGS testing and freeze-all if the cycle resulted in at least 3-4 blasts. If fewer, we planned a fresh transfer. I appreciated the flexibility. In the end, we got 9 mature eggs, which was very good considering my low AMH. All 9 fertilized. Only 2 made it to blast on day 5, so we proceeded to a fresh transfer. Sadly, none of the others made it to freeze and the two transferred resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Dani)
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
While it is sometimes frustrating that you end up seeing whichever doctor is on that week for your monitoring or procedures, honestly, I really appreciated knowing that all the doctors were meeting to discuss each case every day. It makes me feel like there are multiple viewpoints, points of expertise, and years of experience coming to bear on each decision. I also actually liked all the doctors that I saw (Dr. Amato, Dr. Krieg, and Dr. Wu). As an LGBT family, we felt very safe and recognized. The one point that I would love to see OHSU change is their approach to known/directed donors. This is a common challenge across the country, but we end up jumping through many hoops that add a LOT to our cost. Brian in andrology agreed that it was unfair and needed to be changed, but we have not seen any results yet. However, I would absolutely go back if we had the finances to pay for another cycle.
We spent 2,760.00 on the directed donor 5,429.43 on medications 1,200.00 pre-cycle procedures and consult 13,220.00 on the one IVF cycle
Portland
She [Dr. Diana Wu] helped me track a full cycle, coordinated medication and planned the egg retrieval. Unfortunately my eggs began to mature in two different ‘cohorts’ so she had to make a decision to take those ready early or late, we could not get all...She allowed us to opt for a semi natural transfer cycle with the healthier of the two frozen embryos. It was based on my ovulation so I didn’t have to take meds outside of the progesterone suppository. She placed the embryo precisely and it implanted exactly where she planned...She was honest and respected our intelligence. But she was also compassionate and kind.
OHSU was the third clinic we went to and the experience was the best by far! They were not only skilled, but nice and treated us like real people and not just patients. They seemed to all be interested in the work of helping build families and not concerned about money...Dani [nurse] was great, other nurses were always professional, skilled and compassionate...They worked hard to get our insurance to cover as much as possible. I think we ended up paying about 11,000 out of pocket, with over half being medication copays. This is compared to 26,000+ we were quoted at other clinics.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Wu gave us world class care. She was clear about risks and expectations. She respected our unique situation(s). She is highly skilled and a talented physician. We will only use Dr. Wu going forward.
Go to her first!
Dr. Wu used all my previous tests and treatment history to avoid making us repeat testing. She helped me track a full cycle, coordinated medication and planned the egg retrieval. Unfortunately my eggs began to mature in two different ‘cohorts’ so she had to make a decision to take those ready early or late, we could not get all. She did the final ovary scan to ensure accuracy. After another doctor did the retrieval, the office sent the 2 final embryos for genetic testing. She allowed us to opt for a semi natural transfer cycle with the healthier of the two frozen embryos. It was based on my ovulation so I didn’t have to take meds outside of the progesterone suppository. She placed the embryo precisely and it implanted exactly where she planned.
Dani was great, other nurses were always professional, skilled and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
OHSU was the third clinic we went to and the experience was the best by far! They were not only skilled, but nice and treated us like real people and not just patients. They seemed to all be interested in the work of helping build families and not concerned about money like some other places.
All in all I think it was about 19,000-21,000 (not counting a polyp removal caused by the fertility medication). They worked hard to get our insurance to cover as much as possible. I think we ended up paying about 11,000 out of pocket, with over half being medication copays. This is compared to 26,000+ we were quoted at other clinics.
Originally we wanted to try for twins. But in our first appointment Dr. Wu explained the dangers of ‘putting all your eggs on one basket’ and mentioned a flu or even a fall could cause us to loose both. After the advice we decided it was best to only transfer one.
2019, Consult
Dr. Amato is nice, she seems to be fairly to the point and blunt (in a good way) about her expectations...treating our infertility based on my health issues and formulating our plan to fit my body/needs...Make sure that you understand your protocol as it pertains to your specific situation. She is thorough in answering your questions but you need ask them...
[Oregon Health Sciences Univ] is clean, visually appealing, and in a great location...they have a team-based approach, so you won’t always see your specific doctor, but I do wish that we saw the same provider each time. My biggest advice would be to ask questions...purchased a multi-cycle package (2 full cycles included) with IVF, ICSI and embryo genetic testing (unlimited embryos) for $27,000. The package offers money back if you conceive after the first cycle. Which is approximately $8,400.
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
We are at the very early stages of our first IVF cycle, so it’s hard to tell exactly how it’s going. Dr. Amato is nice, she seems to be fairly to the point and blunt (in a good way) about her expectations. She reminds me of my regular Gynecologist, which I feel is a bit comforting.
Ask questions! Make sure that you understand your protocol as it pertains to your specific situation. She is thorough in answering your questions but you need ask them!
We are in the very early stages of our first IVF cycle with Dr. Amato and her team. So far, Dr. Amato seems to be treating our infertility based on my health issues and formulating our plan to fit my body/needs.
Still in the early stages. But we are going the Antagonist protocol. I’ll be starting injections on the 12th of October. Follistim and Menopur. Our first suppression check is on the 9th, where we’ll be able to ask a lot more questions about our protocol.
So far, we have only talked to our nurse over the phone but she is extremely thorough and compassionate. The office staff is also so nice and welcoming.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
The clinic is clean, visually appealing, and in a great location. It’s easy for me to leave work for a short mid-day appointment. I understand that they have a team-based approach, so you won’t always see your specific doctor, but I do wish that we saw the same provider each time. My biggest advice would be to ask questions. Tell them what your timeline is and also make sure to really look into all of the available cycle packages.
So far, we’ve purchased a multi-cycle package (2 full cycles included) with IVF, ICSI and embryo genetic testing (unlimited embryos) for $27,000. The package offers money back if you conceive after the first cycle. Which is approximately $8,400. Medications so far have been amount $2,500. But I anticipate the total for medication to be around $3,500.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Amato is a straight shooter. ...She is very responsive to questions and concerns. She made my husband, myself and our donor feel at ease. ... She tells you the facts but still shows compassion for your situation. She is very responsive to emails and replys in a timely manner. She returns calls promptly and is willing to work with you. ... She may appear stern but she is very compassionate! ...
OHSU has a variety of opportunity for those seeking a family. There are financing options available which I was not able to find at other clinics. This staffing is consistent so you see many of the same faces. It is a calm and quiet environment and they are willing to work through any trouble. ... We had a counseling appointment set up for our donor and her spouse. As well as my husband and myself. Somehow the appointment was not available when we arrived.
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr. Amato is a straight shooter. She tells you the facts but still shows compassion for your situation. She is very responsive to emails and replys in a timely manner. She returns calls promptly and is willing to work with you.
She may appear stern but she is very compassionate!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Cox)
Rachel is very compassionate about her work and it shows. She has a very sweet demeanor and make sure that all questions are answered in a timely manner.
What specific things went wrong at Oregon Health Sciences University?
We had a counseling appointment set up for our donor and her spouse. As well as my husband and myself. Somehow the appointment was not available when we arrived. They did however squeeze us in at the end of the day. It was a mild inconvenience were scheduling around other things during the day putting childcare for my daughter we had a counseling appointment set up for our donor and her spouse. As well as my husband and myself. Somehow the appointment was not available when we arrived. They did however squeeze us in at the end of the day. It was a mild inconvenience for scheduling around other things during the day putting childcare for my donto.
Portland

Dr Amato was open to my desires and weighing those with odds of success...I felt that Dr Amato was warm, down to earth, and accommodating. She was up front and honest yet gentle with her information. She spent the time I needed with me even during my initial free meet and greet. Dr Amato was also on time!... I will be using donor egg and sperm....Don’t be afraid to ask any questions
Strengths include being willing to try with patients own eggs even if the odds are low, as long as the patient understands. Other clinics are too worried about ther statistics. Being part of a university [Oregon Health Sciences] they are not influenced by pharmaceutical companies or other companies sales....I bought a fertility package since my insurance did not cover anything. It was less expensive than paying per item.
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Don’t be afraid to ask any questions
Dr Amato was open to my desires and weighing those with odds of success
I will be using donor egg and sperm.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Katie )
It wasn’t always easy to get in touch with the RN on the phone
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Strengths include being willing to try with patients own eggs even if the odds are low, as long as the patient understands. Other clinics are too worried about ther statistics. Being part of a university they are not influenced by pharmaceutical companies or other companies sales. They offer Financial packages. Very open to every family type.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Wu is an amazing MD she cares about her patients and takes the time to cater to your specific situation. She always explained everything and always made choices that were in my best interest. I would recommend her treatment and team to anyone going through this processs ... She suggested transferring the 2 embryos I had and I am glad I did I now have my baby and I didn’t have to go through multiple transfers
Strengths os [Oregon Health Sciences University] are great customer service compassion reliability quick response sand the weaknesses are sometimes they are running behind in appointments and long hold times on the phone when you call in to make appointments or return calls ... She suggested transferring the 2 embryos I had and I am glad I did I now have my baby and I didn’t have to go through multiple transfers
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Keep and open mind and trust Dr Wu she is very smart , experienced and truly cares about her patients
Compassionate caring and thorough
I was given the antagonist protocol for my treatment last time I had about 10-12 follicles and she used appropriate dosing for my situation which resulted in my beautiful baby boy. She explained what she believed the outcome would be and she was right on.
Very quick to respond
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Strengths are great customer service compassion reliability quick response sand the weaknesses are sometimes they are running behind in appointments and long hold times on the phone when you call in to make appointments or return calls
13000 for IVF services and around 6K for medications
Portland

She [Dr. Diana Wu] was realistic, straight forward and honest. All the while being warm and compassionate. Good bedside manner...We felt positive and respected at the end of our visit...Ask a lot of questions, she is willing to take the time to talk with you... We start IVF next month...The only weakness is I thought we had had a plan written out, but found out that when I was ready to move forward with IVF that a treatment plan hadn’t been formally written yet. So that took a bit longer then desired.
[The staff at Oregon Health Sciences University is] Organized, friendly, helpful, and prompt. The only weakness is I thought we had had a plan written out, but found out that when I was ready to move forward with IVF that a treatment plan hadn’t been formally written yet. So that took a bit longer then desired. But overall very happy with the treatment I have gotten from the doc and the nurses...Very communicative, I was always able to get a hold of someone or get a call back easily
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
She was realistic, straight forward and honest. All the while being warm and compassionate. Good bedside manner. We had gone to a doctor at Oregon. reproductive medicine and has a horrible experience. So going to OHSU and seeing Dr. Wu was the opposite. We felt positive and respected at the end of our visit. Where ORM was cold and unfriendly.
Ask a lot of questions, she is willing to take the time to talk with you.
In comparison to the doctor I saw at Oregon Reproductive, she was extremely personable, warm and friendly. (the ORM doc was not)
I have had only a few appointments with her. We start IVF next months. So I can’t answer this yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Oregon Health Sciences University. (Assigned nurse: Dani Green)
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
23,900 for IVF 6-8 thousand for medication 120 dollars for the the genetic consultation Approx 300 for initial consult
N/A IVF hasn’t started for us quite yet
Portland

Dr Kreig was very personal and thorough. She spent a lot of time with us at each visit and I never felt rushed. However, it was rather difficult to speak directly with Dr. Kreig as most communication is managed by her nurses [OHSU]. ... Initially, the focus was to find a cause for my RPL. After numerous diagnostic tests were done, the only probably cause was chromosomal abnormalities. As a result, IVF with genetic testing was chosen.
Wait time is usually reasonable [at OHSU]. Time with the doctors is great. Clinic management is efficient. However, scheduling appointments to see your doctors can take several weeks. The nursing staff is prompt at returning calls. The financial advisors are very helpful. ... Develop a good relationship with the nurses as you will primarily be working with them throughout the process.
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Dr Kreig was very personal and thorough. She spent a lot of time with us at each visit and I never felt rushed. However, it was rather difficult to speak directly with Dr. Kreig as most communication is managed by her nurses.
Caring, considerate, and personal.
Most were kind and helpful. However some were rude.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
Wait time is usually reasonable. Time with the doctors is great. Clinic management is efficient. However, scheduling appointments to see your doctors can take several weeks. The nursing staff is prompt at returning calls. The financial advisors are very helpful.
IVF retrieval is approximately $10,000. Genetic testing is $3300. Embryo transfer is approximately $2600.
OHSU will transfer only a single embryo.
Portland
With both iuis [with Dr. Paula Amato] I was prescribed 50 mg clomid I did the the trigger shot then the iui next day...always takes the time to explain everything to me and let me ask all the questions I want to...I always lefted the clinic with knowledge of what the next move will be. Also her and her team always respond to my emails in a timely mannor...Strengths are very knowledgable of the procedures, always respond to emails very quickly. Always answer all your questions. Good at explaining everything so you understand the procedure. Very friendly and kind.
About $700.00 for each iui [at Oregon Health Sciences University]...Strengths are very knowledgable of the procedures, always respond to emails very quickly. Always answer all your questions. Good at explaining everything so you understand the procedure. Very friendly and kind...The clinic and Dr. Amato always takes the time to explain everything to me and let me ask all the questions I want to...With both iuis I was prescribed 50 mg clomid I did the the trigger shot then the iui next day.
How was your experience with Paula Amato at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Paula Amato always very caring and takes her time answering questions I always lefted the clinic with knowledge of what the next move will be. Also her and her team always respond to my emails in a timely mannor.
That they are in good hands and good care.
About $700.00 for each iui
Portland

Dr. Wu showed empathy each time we didn’t get the results as we hoped, yet she was still open and honest with us as to all the possibilities, results and further options.... Initially Dr. Wu wanted try less invasive procedures while we worked on the process of elimination for our unexplained fertility. After all the blood work came back perfect and my husbands semen analysis was normal, we did an HSG test to ensure that there were no tubes blocked. After that test came back normal we did a cycle of letrozole to make sure that I was creating follicles and ovulation.
A huge strength is that the whole team [OHSU] of very friendly. Everyone from the front desk, the nurse who draws your blood to the doctor we’re always very kind. I would always leave there thinking how friendly everyone was.... They are also large enough that they have early morning hours and weekend appointments available for cycling patients. There is also a pharmacy in the same building which made picking up medications very convenient.
How was your experience with Diana Wu at Oregon Health Sciences University?
Again, Dr. Wu showed empathy which was nice to see in a doctor. Yes, she got to the point but she also took the time to really explain our results and options rather than just rushing on to the next patient.
Schedule your consult ASAP! I’m sad we waited a whole year to make the phone call from our initial referral from our primary care doctor..
Initially Dr. Wu wanted try less invasive procedures while we worked on the process of elimination for our unexplained fertility. After all the blood work came back perfect and my husbands semen analysis was normal, we did an HSG test to ensure that there were no tubes blocked. After that test came back normal we did a cycle of letrozole to make sure that I was creating follicles and ovulation. Upon the mid cycle scan to double check that it was found that I had two mature follicles. I was given the option to try with timed intercourse or try an IUI. We went the IUI route. We continued this for a few more cycles in hopes of getting pregnant. I created one to two mature follicles each cycle. After the third IUI didn’t work we again met with Dr. Wu to determine our next steps. At that point we decided we were ready to try IVF. She decided she wanted us to do an antagonist protocol so we started our IVF cycle. Due to my age and high number or follicles she started me on very low doses of the atom medication and had me scheduled for frequent (every other day) ultrasounds and blood work to ensure I didn’t get Ovarian Hyperstimulation. During my first ultrasound in day 4 of stims they saw I had about 40 follicles between my two ovaries. We did 13 days of stimulation. Between day 5 and 6 of stimulation, my estrogen level dropped so they increased my follistem by 25 IU’s in hopes of it increasing. It did go back up, but they think due to this drop it caused 5 if my follicles to take the lead and the others to stop growing. On day 13 of stimulation we finally had 2 follicles that were mature. Dr. Wu predicted they would retrieve 4-5 mature follicles and of those they hoped for two embryos. She gave us the option to either proceed with the retrieval or turn it into an IUI cycle. Die to the fact that I create so many follicles, my husband and I decided to do the IUI instead in hopes of not needing to date another cycle, but if we did we would be able to get more eggs.
Dani was very thorough during the whole process. She would always call on the phone and then send a follow up email to ensure I had all the information needed. She was always friendly and sympathetic.
Describe your experience with Oregon Health Sciences University.
A huge strength is that the whole team of very friendly. Everyone from the front desk, the nurse who draws your blood to the doctor we’re always very kind. I would always leave there thinking how friendly everyone was. My husband and I would even often talk about it on our way out. They are also large enough that they have early morning hours and weekend appointments available for cycling patients. There is also a pharmacy in the same building which made picking up medications very convenient.
Consultation appointment- $425 Mid-cycle scan/ ultrasound- $325 each IUI including sperm wash and Artificial Insemination- $463 each Genetics Consult- $107 The IVF package we chose included 1 retrieval and up to two transfer- $13,009. Medication for IVF cycle- $3,072.67
We did not make it to the transfer, but I know she mentioned only transferring one, possibly 2 embryos depending on how many we got.