7.3

12115 SW 70th Ave, Suite 101
Portland, OR 97223
9555 SW Barnes Road
Portland, OR 97225

Dr Hesla is an amazing Dr. We owe our son to him. So knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. I remember crying alone in his office and he was so sweet and comforting.... I cam[e] to ORM like the walking wounded for a second opinion and Dr. Hesla & his team did not treat me like a number and gave me hope.
The team [at Oregon Reproductive Medicine] was excellent. I cam[e] to ORM like the walking wounded for a second opinion and Dr. Hesla & his team did not treat me like a number and gave me hope...Solid team. Much more professional & compassionate then OHSU.
How was your experience with John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon?
DR Hesla is an amazing Dr. We owe our son to him. So knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. I remember crying alone in his office and he was so sweet and comforting.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Ask for Dr Hesla. Depending on your age listen to him. I was in my early 30s and proceeded cautiously. I have older friends that are hesitant to be aggressive by age is a factor, so need to trust his protocol.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon?
The team was excellent. I had just left a clinic previously where I did only the CCCT test and the nurse told me the results on the phone and said I probably have to use Donor Eggs or adopt. I cam to ORM like the walking wounded for a second opinion and Dr. Hesla & his team did not treat me like a number and gave me hope.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: it's been 12 years - i can't remember)
Solid team. Much more professional & compassionate then OHSU
John Hesla

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr Hurliman was always very nice, polite and really made us feel like sure cared about us and our attempts to get pregnant...
[Oregon Repro Med- Port W] Clinic was always welcoming. Had no issues with availability even on the weekends. All doctors and nurses we worked with were nice and helpful...
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
2015, Successful
[Dr. Hurliman was a] very good doctor. We were treated with respect and had successful iui on first attempt...My care team didn't really get to know me but never mixed me up with anyone else either.
They didn't tell us which [Oregon Reproductive Medicine] clinic to go to. I had previously seen Amanda Hurliman at the downtown clinic and when my appointment was supposed to be at the west side clinic, they did not tell me. Instead of apologizing the front desk said "well dr. Hurliman only sees patients at this clinic"
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Very good doctor. We were treated with respect and had successful iui on first attempt
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
They didn't tell us which clinic to go to. I had previously seen Amanda Hurliman at the downtown clinic and when my appointment was supposed to be at the west side clinic, they did not tell me. Instead of apologizing the front desk said "well dr. Hurliman only sees patients at this clinic"
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I saw a team of the doctors their and they were all very competent and friendly...Very warm and friendly staff. Individualized care.
[Oregon Reproductive Medicine Clinic was] Well organized, good success rates, nice environment...I could always call and reach someone to answer questions. Everyone was warm and compassionate...9,000 for IVF cycle with ICSI (not including medications or local monitoring)
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Very warm and friendly staff. Individualized care.
Describe the protocols Brandon Bankowski used in your cycles at ORM Fertility Oregon and their degree of success.
Lupron (12 days) and BCP for suppression, along steroids, doxcycline and baby aspirin. Gonal F (300 IU) and Menopur (2 vials) 12 days. Gonal-F dosing varied based on monitoring (dosage lowered/then raised). HCG trigger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ORM Fertility Oregon.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Well organized, good success rates, nice environment
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon.
9,000 for IVF cycle with ICSI (not including medications or local monitoring)

2016, Unknown Success
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Only one visit with him [Dr. John Hesla at Oregon Reproductive Medicine] so far but very impressed with his compassion and honesty...3k for FET...Great price and success rates
How was your experience with John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Only one visit with him so far but very impressed with his compassion and homesty
Go for it
Not rushed
Describe the protocols John Hesla used in your cycles at ORM Fertility Oregon and their degree of success.
Not yet drcided
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ORM Fertility Oregon.
Only met once but very knowledgeable
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Great price and success rates
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Hesla at ORM Fertility Oregon.
3k for FET
John Hesla

2018, Consult
We were only once at the West location [of ORM Fertility]. The clinic is clean and nicely laid out. The personnel we came in contact with during our visit were okay. The wait time was okay. Parking could be a problem so arrive early...Dr. Fisher wasted our time. He was not a good listener with us, did not show us compassion, understanding, or patience. He did not show interest in our concerns or questions and did not respect our time and money. I am still puzzled with the fact that he repeated word for word seminar material that he presented after we told him we were at the seminar and already know how a sperm fertilizes an egg. :)
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility Oregon?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility Oregon?
If Dr. Fisher starts talking about things that you feel are not related to your case or concerns don't feel embarrassed to stop him and make your voice heard. Also say something if he cuts your appointment short.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility Oregon?
My husband and I decided to make an appointment with Dr. Fisher after we attended free seminar on infertility led by Dr. Fisher. We made an appointment for one hour consultation. After we introduced ourselves Dr. Fisher listened for about five minutes and then he got out some kind of "conception manual" and started explaining the process of how sperm fertilizes the egg! Something that anyone who is older than 18 already knows, let alone someone who is seeing a fertility specialist. Bet let's assume we didn't know. Dr. Fisher already covered that at the seminar and we told him we were at the seminar before the appointment started. He repeated word from word. He used almost all our time retelling his seminar material and that had nothing to do with our case (or for that matter any case) and why we were there. He did not give us much space to talk, and when we finally got a word in he would often dismiss our input or categorize it as "uneducated". When he was done with the "conception manual" he asked us if we had any questions and after my husband asked few question Dr. Fisher's body language was signaling that we are done. He concluded our visit after 40 minutes tops even though the appointment was supposed to be an hour long. He was not welcoming or kind. We walked out of the meeting literary not knowing anything more then before our meeting. Complete waste of our money and time.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
We were only once at the West location. The clinic is clean and nicely laid out. The personnel we came in contact with during our visit were okay. The wait time was okay. Parking could be a problem so arrive early.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility Oregon.
One hour consultation with Dr. Fisher was I think $350 but I don't remember exactly.
Portland Westside

We transferred two and we now have twins. I can’t even imagine having triplets. Thank you Dr. Hurliman for not allowing that!...She was kind, direct, and thorough. I never felt rushed...reviewed my case and told me she felt I had a great chance of getting pregnant and she could help...After my egg retrieval, i had 45 eggs. 24 ended up being tested...I asked what would happen if I had more than 10 embryos after the testing. They assured me that no one has more than 10 and not to worry about it.
They definitely answer all your questions [at ORM Fertility]. To you, everything is unfamiliar but to them, it is what they deal with every day. They are truly experts. They were more expensive than I was hoping and I think I should have been able to do all the pre testing at Kaiser, but they insisted I do it all with them. The pharmacy prices will add another 5k to the estimate they give you. But, for me, it was worth it...
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Dr. Hurliman reviewed my case and told me she felt I had a great chance of getting pregnant and she could help... and I don’t know what else to say other than I believed her when she said it. I had a gut feeling knowing she would help me make my dream come true.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Don’t be nervous, she is really kind.
She was kind, direct, and thorough. I never felt rushed.
Describe the protocols Amanda Hurliman used in your cycles at ORM Fertility Oregon and their degree of success.
I really can’t remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Katy)
Everyone was so great. My main nurse, Katy, no longer works there but everyone from the front desk to the lady that takes your blood was so kind.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
They definitely answer all your questions. To you, everything is unfamiliar but to them, it is what they deal with every day. They are truly experts. They were more expensive than I was hoping and I think I should have been able to do all the pre testing at Kaiser, but they insisted I do it all with them. The pharmacy prices will add another 5k to the estimate they give you. But, for me, it was worth it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon.
Total IVf with ICSI and PGS, with meds was about 25k.
Describe Amanda Hurliman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility Oregon.
I’m glad they only let me transfer two. Because I was like let’s just put in three! I was so desperate I just wanted whatever I could get. We transferred two and we now have twins. I can’t even imagine having triplets. Thank you Dr. Hurliman for not allowing that!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
After my egg retrieval, i had 45 eggs. 24 ended up being tested. The “package” included 10 embryos. I asked what would happen if I had more than 10 embryos after the testing. They assured me that no one has more than 10 and not to worry about it. Well, I had 19 and was charged for 9 extra... at $250 per embryo.
Portland Westside

Dr. Bankowski was amazing, and knew what a delicate situation this was. He always asked me questions, and took the time to make sure I understood everything...I think of him as sincerely understanding, knowledgable, caring. My mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer during my fertility treatment, and he gave me some references to research just in case I wanted to seek a second opinion. This wasn’t part of his job, and did not have to do this for me. I appreciated this so much, and wish he could deliver my baby. This to me shows he is passionate at not only at being a doctor, but a good person.
The doctor, nurse, lab techs, financial counselor, genetic counselor, OR team, and receptionists [at ORM Fertility] were all great! Very personable and detailed. I would honestly say there were no weaknesses. ORM has been helping people for 30 years, and they are the best! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!...Taylor [nurse] was amazing. She listened to me during happy times and sad times. Taylor was very thorough and organized.
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
I wanted to see the first fertility doctor with the soonest opening, and it turned out to Dr. Bankowski. So thankful it was! I think of him as sincerely understanding, knowledgable, caring. My mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer during my fertility treatment, and he gave me some references to research just in case I wanted to seek a second opinion. This wasn’t part of his job, and did not have to do this for me. I appreciated this so much, and wish he could deliver my baby. This to me shows he is passionate at not only at being a doctor, but a good person.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Follow his direction, and tell him everything about how you are feeling- physically and mentally. Fertility treatment is a lengthy process, but he has your best interest in mind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Taylor)
Just as Dr. Bankowski, Taylor was amazing. She listened to me during happy times and sad times. Taylor was very thorough and organized.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
The doctor, nurse, lab techs, financial counselor, genetic counselor, OR team, and receptionists were all great! Very personable and detailed. I would honestly say there were no weaknesses. ORM has been helping people for 30 years, and they are the best! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!
The IVF process was expensive, but it’s expensive anywhere. We probably paid $30k for the whole process including medicines.

2020, Consult
He [Dr. Brandon Bankowski] was very informative and spoke in a personal level. The information is studies and numbers, so I didn’t expect him to personalize it. It was delivered in a clear way that was helpful to me...Strength was knowing the stats of the information. And knowing the next steps. He was personable at the beginning of appointments, asking us our story. And then delivered the very complicated information in an effective way with studies and numbers backing that information up.
The cost has yet to be given [by ORM Fertility] it will be mailed to me by coordinator...Very organized, considerate, thorough, upfront and honest. Using the highest technology, thoughtful and personable. Very careful during covid to protect there staff and patients. The treatment revived was top notch...further testing was needed. And that we can go from there to determine next steps. I’m in the very beginning of this process. Everything makes sense it’s just the price that is hard
Knowledgeable
He was very informative and spoke in a personal level. The information is studies and numbers, so I didn’t expect him to personalize it. It was delivered in a clear way that was helpful to me
I was told that with my age and Demi I shed Iberian reserve that further testing was needed. And that we can go from there to determine next steps. I’m in the very beginning of this process. Everything makes sense it’s just the price that is hard
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
The cost has yet to be given it will be mailed to me by coordinator
Describe Brandon Bankowski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility Oregon.
None experienced

2020, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr.Brandon Bankowski] is very personable, I didn't feel judged. He definitely treated my husband and I like humans and not numbers...We have just met him for consultation for donor embryos so far...my first impression was that he was kind, friendly, non judgemental, hopeful and realistic. He didn't make me feel bad about my weight. He gave us time during the consultation rather than rushing us through.
We are doing donor embryo transfer [at ORM Fertility]...They seem to prefer single embryo transfer for my age (32)...For cohort of 2-4 donor embryos about 8K (1K to get on waiting list, 4K for the embryos, 3K for transfer). 300/US, 25-85 a lab test, SIS 350-450, 250 for mock transfer. All without insurance...Nice clinic, inviting. Friendly staff. Quick responses via the portal. Friendly doctors, nurses and other staff for the most part. I was able to get in detail financial information for donor wlembryos before signing up for a consult. Has a BMI limit. Had a follicle scan once with a rude nurse practitioner before I was a patient.
How was your experience with Brandon Bankowski at ORM Fertility Oregon?
We have just met him for consultation for donor embryos so far. And have been delayed related to COVID. But my first impression was that he was kind, friendly, non judgemental, hopeful and realistic. He didn't make me feel bad about my weight. He gave us time during the consultation rather than rushing us through.
I have only seen him once. I just went in with queations
He is very personable, I didn't feel judged. He definitely treated my husband and I like humans and not numbers
We are doing donor embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
I've only been there once so far but everyone seems friendly.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
They seem to prefer single embryo transfer for my age (32).
Portland Westside

[ORM Fertility is a] Good clinic, great physician care. Hands down better than other clinics I had gone to for similar treatment. I chose to travel further for this care and it was absolutely worth the extra time and effort...I do know my protocol was altered [by Dr. Thomas Fisher] during the course of the treatment after he carefully reviewed the previous failed cycles completed by other physicians. His approach gave us the positive results no one else was able to achieve...He provided amazing care. I had seen previous physicians for IVF cycles where I was absolutely treated as a number, and he did not do that. He treated me as a human, altered the approach, didn't rush things, and we in result have two healthy babies!
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility Oregon?
Absolutely hands down recommendation. Infertility can be such a trying time, and Dr. Fisher was amazing in his care, his approach, his compassion, all things honestly. Will absolutely recommend him to anyone facing infertility.
Communicate your concerns so he can provide the best care possible and know you are in great hands!
Describe the protocols Thomas Fisher used in your cycles at ORM Fertility Oregon and their degree of success.
I do know my protocol was altered during the course of the treatment after he carefully reviewed the previous failed cycles completed by other physicians. His approach gave us the positive results no one else was able to achieve.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
My insurance covered majority but process was easy and smooth on my portion
Portland Westside

Beautiful office [ORM Fertility- Portland Westside] in a good location. Always clean & quiet & felt discreet. Billing was always a bit of an issue but we always worked it out. I definitely had to review every bill carefully for extra charges...Billing over charges...[nurses were] Very kind & warm...Iui with clomid each time...He [Dr. Thomas Fisher] was friendly but not overly so. I could have used more information on the what & the why of what we were doing. I trusted he knew what he was doing but it would have been nice to get some more advice on lifestyle or more extensive testing options...Do your own research first!...Iui with clomid each time...He was kind & thorough when explaining information, he also tried to remember details of my life at each appointment
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility Oregon?
He was friendly but not overly so. I could have used more information on the what & the why of what we were doing. I trusted he knew what he was doing but it would have been nice to get some more advice on lifestyle or more extensive testing options
Do your own research first!
Iui with clomid each time
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility Oregon. (Assigned nurse: I sure )
Very kind & warm
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility Oregon.
Beautiful office in a good location. Always clean & quiet & felt discreet. Billing was always a bit of an issue but we always worked it out. I definitely had to review every bill carefully for extra charges
$1200 per iui cycle
Describe Thomas Fisher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility Oregon.
No knowledge of this
Billing over charges

2014 - 2016, Successful
We loved everything about our experience with Dr. Hurliman...We wrestled with single va multiple embryo transfer and Dr Hurliman helped guide us through our decision making, while respecting our desires and allowing us to do what would ultimately be best for our family. I’m so happy she helped us through those decisions - without her support we wouldn’t have our two beautiful babies...It’s been 2 years since my twins were born and we still think of how blessed we were to have such a good experience and such an amazing doctor...
One sperm sample was accidentally thrown out Instead of frozen [at ORM Fertility]. It was a one time mistake and the clinic felt terrible. They were very open about the mistake and apologetic...Loved the clinic - the front desk wasn’t as welcoming and helpful as I would’ve liked but the rest about the clinic was fantastic! I think they may have been going through some turnover at the time as well...We wrestled with single va multiple embryo transfer and Dr Hurliman helped guide us through our decision making, while respecting our desires and allowing us to do what would ultimately be best for our family. I’m so happy she helped us through those decisions - without her support we wouldn’t have our two beautiful babies.
How was your experience with Amanda Hurliman at ORM Fertility Oregon?
We loved everything about our experience with Dr. Hurliman. It’s been 2 years since my twins were born and we still think of how blessed we were to have such a good experience and such an amazing doctor.
She seemed to care about us and our family.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ORM Fertility Oregon.
One sperm sample was accidentally thrown out Instead of frozen. It was a one time mistake and the clinic felt terrible. They were very open about the mistake and apologetic.