6.7

6.2
6.2

11232 NE 15th St
Bellevue, WA 98004

During the first consultation, I was told [by Dr. Kevin Johnson] that the ivf treatment would be tailored to my needs. What happened was the complete opposite. Nearly the same protocol is given to everyone regardless of your concerns with being given too much stimulation meds. Also, everyone undergoing ivf is required to start a “cycle” at the same time- you either miss the cutoff and have to wait a couple months or get to start right away.
this clinic [Overlake Reproductive Health] is WAY more expensive than others, both in the area and out of state. I believe a single ivf costs around $19,000+ a triple bundle around$38,000+...The clinic is very nice before you truly become a patient. After you’ve paid your dues, you truly feel like just a number. ORH prides itself on being a “boutique clinic” but they are honestly the total opposite. There is nothing “small town” or “customized” about this place.
How was your experience with Kevin Johnson at Overlake Reproductive Health?
Dr. Johnson is a very clever businessman. He is knowledgeable in ART but only to a certain extent.. he was very eager to “diagnose” me without any real concrete evidence or further testing. I let my eagerness to begin ivf get in the way of good judgement. I fully believe that Dr Johnson tells you what you want to hear, waits to collect payment, and then moves forward with the highest drug protocol for everyone, regardless of their unique situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Johnson at Overlake Reproductive Health?
Find a different doctor ASAP.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Johnson at Overlake Reproductive Health?
During the first consultation, I was told that the ivf treatment would be tailored to my needs. What happened was the complete opposite. Nearly the same protocol is given to everyone regardless of your concerns with being given too much stimulation meds. Also, everyone undergoing ivf is required to start a “cycle” at the same time- you either miss the cutoff and have to wait a couple months or get to start right away.
Describe the protocols Kevin Johnson used in your cycles at Overlake Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
He put me on the highest drug protocol. Oral meds, hormone patches and injections were all included. He said, more meds equated to better stimulation of the ovaries. The results were horrible and a total waste of money and emotional stability.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Overlake Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Jo)
Jo is the head nurse. Your appointments will be with her, not the doctor. She was kind of all over the board; sometimes cordial, sometimes rushed, sometimes absent with communication.
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Johnson at Overlake Reproductive Health.
this clinic is WAY more expensive than others, both in the area and out of state. I believe a single ivf costs around $19,000+ a triple bundle around$38,000+
Bellevue

Dr Rehman only saw us when we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We opted to try IUIs first, so that decision kept us from having any further interactions with him. IUIs are handled with nurses, not the doctors. In our one appointment he was down to business immediately, and repeated himself often to ensure we understood the information covered. He was not personable, warm or particularly kind. He was cordial.
I has 3 different nurses [at Overlake Reproductive Health] that I recall. One was very kind the first time we met, then she seemed too busy and in a hurry. She performed several ultrasounds and at least one IUI. One I did not care for the first time, as she seemed to contradict what another nurse had said. She ended up bejing my favorite though. She took her time with ultrasounds and with IUI setup. The third nurse I wish I had been able to decline allowing to treat me. She never even gave her name when she walked in the room. She was cold and in a hurry. No greeting or anything. I had her twice, once for an ultrasound and once for an IUI.
How was your experience with Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health?
Ask questions and take notes. You'll only see a doctor at the clinic again if you choose IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health?
The only appointment I actually saw this doctor at was at the appointment following initial testing, which cost several hundred dollars for this consultation. We had our initial consult with Dr Johnson who was funny, warm and kind. All IUI appointments were held with nurses, so no further contact was made with either doctor at the clinic, unless we had chosen to pursue IVF. IUI treatments are below the doctors at this clinic. The nurses were hit or miss as far as feeling comfortable goes. Some days they were kind, one in particular, didn't even introduce herself, smile or make any attempt at conversation for an actual IUI. That was upsetting. It's already awkward with your feet in stirrups, to get a cold nurse was very offputting.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Overlake Reproductive Health.
I has 3 different nurses that I recall. One was very kind the first time we met, then she seemed too busy and in a hurry. She performed several ultrasounds and at least one IUI. One I did not care for the first time, as she seemed to contradict what another nurse had said. She ended up bejing my favorite though. She took her time with ultrasounds and with IUI setup. The third nurse I wish I had been able to decline allowing to treat me. She never even gave her name when she walked in the room. She was cold and in a hurry. No greeting or anything. I had her twice, once for an ultrasound and once for an IUI.
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
I like they are open every day. They were mostly prompt and kept appointments on-time. The front desk were wonderful when I was a current patient. Once I completed the IUI treatment "package" I never heard from them again. I contacted them for records copies for myself and once to provide all records to a new clinic. Both times they were prompt in providing these records.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health.
This clinic offered a peace if mind program. It is a flat rate for 3 IUIs. We chose that option and did not have any unexpected costs. We knew we would pay for medication separately. The cost of IVF at this clinic we knew would never be an option, as it was nearly my entire annual salary.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Overlake Reproductive Health.
Twice I did not receive calls on days I needed to start taking medications. I had to be on top of making sure they gave me the okay to start meds. One time I started the medication without the go ahead, i would have been thrown off in my cycle had i not made that decision.
Bellevue
Dr. Rehman is overall knowledgeable and kind. I appreciate how he covers all basis of information and also answers questions before they are even asked. I appreciate his time with me and my husband and for making our journey to having kids feel important to him...Dr. Rehman knows this is a very delicate subject and he tries to make sure you are comfortable before diving into information. He front loads information so you have a general idea of what can happen. He spends a lot of time talking with you in his office and explaining options. He is very kind and caring at all appointments.
THey [nurses ar Overlake Reproductive Health] are ok but it is hard when I have to communicate what Dr. REhman wanted me to do to the nurse - this should have already been communicated in my charts. It also was strange because depending on the person the ultrasounds were done very differently and some NP went into detail and took time to explain and another one rushed through and seemed to not want to be there to help.
How was your experience with Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health?
Listen to his advice and ask any questions you have while you are in the office.
Describe the protocols Khurram Rehman used in your cycles at Overlake Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
We started by trying metformin after testing then went straight to iui with clomid treatments. 3 rounds did not work so next step will be ivf
THey are ok but it is hard when I have to communicate what Dr. REhman wanted me to do to the nurse - this should have already been communicated in my charts. It also was strange because depending on the person the ultrasounds were done very differently and some NP went into detail and took time to explain and another one rushed through and seemed to not want to be there to help.
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
I feel like they don't do a good job communicating between each other which is surprising becasue Dr. Rehman is very good at over-communciating with me. Either the staff is not reading charts or the notes are not thorough enough. Feritlity is such a sensitive area of health I felt like the nursing staff was less concerned about timing and ddetails than Dr. Rehman (he is very thorough when he permormed my iui, hsg and any information relayed to me. ) I am sad becasue I decided to switch offices not because of his plan but becasue of the nursing staff.
One consultation visit was $300 out of pocket and iui 3 package was 2800.

2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Rehman] established good rapport during the initial consultation. However, he was barely seen during most of the procedures...We had a good experience during the initial interview. I felt like he was trustworthy and we had a good understanding of our plan after our initial appointment, but that was the extent of our satisfaction. We barely saw him during all of our procedures. The check-ups and procedures were done by a nurse practitioner.
I would NOT recommend this clinic [Overlake]....Nurses are cold and will not answer your questions. It's hard to get a hold of them. Front desk was unprofessional. We received bills...where we kept getting additional charges AFTER we paid our bill....If you have any questions to billing, you get voicemail or redirected to a 3rd party company who has no idea what's going on...At one point, we waited for 45 minutes just to ask her [nurse practitioner] about a medication that I was taking. She did not explain things well and just gave a handout.
How was your experience with Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health?
We had a good experience during the initial interview. I felt like he was trustworthy and we had a good understanding of our plan after our initial appointment, but that was the extent of our satisfaction. We barely saw him during all of our procedures. The check-ups and procedures were done by a nurse practitioner. After doing more research (not blogs, NIH research articles that are randomized controlled trials), we realized that our nurse did not do the procedure correctly. Of course, as with any fertility treatments, there are so many factors that we can't say for certain that that's the reason why it did not work. However, it would've been nice if they could have done the best that they could with what they can control.
I would suggest going to another clinic where you are not treated like just a number. Where the doctor takes time to do all of the procedures with you and who will monitor your follicle counts, etc, every other day. You are paying a LOT of money for these fertility treatments after all!
He established good rapport during the initial consultation. However, he was barely seen during most of the procedures.
2 IUI cycles with clomid
Describe your experience with your nurse at Overlake Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Jo Gray)
The nurse practitioner was very cold and brief; did not smile the entire time we worked with her. She seemed to be busy all the time and overbooked that she did not have time to answer any questions. At one point, we waited for 45 minutes just to ask her about a medication that I was taking. She did not explain things well and just gave a handout. When you're paying so much money and dealing with infertility, that's the last thing that you need. What you want is someone to answer all of your questions to appease your worries and concerns. There are so many things that are unknown about infertility and all of the procedures. Most of the time, you and your husband/partner will be new to all of the terms and procedures. We would try to call and it would take a few days to get a call back from her. I always got bruises from my blood draws. For someone going through treatments, you know how many blood draws you're required to do. They had a student doing my blood draw every time i was there and they just kept poking me and not getting through my vein. Again, if i'm paying a LOT of money for fertility treatments, I expect a qualified and experienced staff to do my procedures. During my IUI, the NP did not ask me to fill up my bladder before the procedure. After reading NIH research articles and going to other clinics, I realized that doing so would have given the NP/doctor a better view of my uterus so he/she can transfer the embryo in the most optimum spot. No such instructions were given to me during both IUIs. The front desk was very unprofessional. Again, infertility is such an isolating, heartbreaking, and painful situation to be in. The last thing that you want to deal with is a front desk person refusing to help you schedule your next appointment so you can make it to work. Front desk who would dress professionally and not play clubbing music in the clinic and talk about how drunk they got the night before. At one point, knowing that i need to get an early appointment so i can make it to work, I grabbed the earliest appointment weeks in advance. We found out later that I need to do a different procedure instead but still seeing the same nurse. So we tried to change it with the front desk. She said that there are no appointments available EVEN THOUGH all she had to do is to swap the procedure with the appointment that I already made. After explaining and arguing with her, she agreed. Seriously, just to make an appointment?
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
I would NOT recommend this clinic. The doctor was very personable and explained the plan of care. However: You will not see your doctor during all of the procedures. Nurses are cold and will not answer your questions. It's hard to get a hold of them. Front desk was unprofessional. We received bills (and our insurance covered most of it, thank goodness) where we kept getting additional charges AFTER we paid our bill. They said that they were adjusting the price. If you have any questions to billing, you get voicemail or redirected to a 3rd party company who has no idea what's going on. Go to a clinic where: the doctor will see you and do all of your ultrasounds, follicle checks, follow ups with you Professional front desk Nurses who will answer your every question within 24 hours either through a phone call or email honest billing practices We found all of these and we were very happy. We even thanked our new clinic during the procedure before we did the transfer because it made us feel at ease with whatever the outcome might be. Don't go to Overlake.
I don't remember all of the costs but they were different from what was explained to us during our financial appointment. We kept getting adjust charges for bills that we have already paid. We tried contacting billing because the actual charges for the procedures kept changing but getting a hold of them was really hard. It seemed like they outsourced it to a 3rd party billing or they were just not answering our calls for inquiries. We gave up and just paid everything that the insurance would not pay.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Overlake Reproductive Health.
When we tried to transfer to another clinic. It took WEEKS to get our records. We could not get a hold of anyone. Front desk refused to connect us with the doctor. Billing errors that we ended up letting go because when you're dealing with infertility, the last thing that you want is to spend hours talking about how expensive everything is. The charges were changing every time and we just kept paying them. It wasn't the adjustment by the insurance that was changing, it was the charge for each procedure!

2010 - 2011, Unsuccessful
3 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
He [Dr. Kevin Johnson] knew my husband had a stricture in his urethra but still had us do our UI cycles knowing that my husband's volume of ejaculate was likely not enough to produce enough sperm... I wish I understood his protocols because after we went through our UI cycles it became very obvious that he was just grasping at straws's when the issue had nothing to do with me and everything to do with my husband and the fact that he needed surgery
The nurses [at Overlake Reproductive Health] were much better than Dr. Johnson. However some of their policies are absolutely ridiculous and most likely part of Dr. Johnson's protocol and policy is not something the nurses decide but rather have to ensure are followed. When I asked for a copy of my file they charged me for it. That to me seems very unethical when I pay top dollar to see this clinic and this doctor
How was your experience with Kevin Johnson at Overlake Reproductive Health?
It was the worst experience I've ever had with any kind of doctor. He lied on the forms he filled out about our consultation and put things in my consultation paperwork that never happened when I met him and that he never told me. He knew my husband had a stricture in his urethra but still had us do our UI cycles knowing that my husband's volume of ejaculate was likely not enough to produce enough sperm
Change doctors immediately.
Because he did not give me specialized care and since he couldn't figure out my issue from testing me he said I had "borderline PCOS" which I found out later isn't even possible!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Overlake Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Joe)
The nurses were much better than Dr. Johnson. However some of their policies are absolutely ridiculous and most likely part of Dr. Johnson's protocol and policy is not something the nurses decide but rather have to ensure are followed. When I asked for a copy of my file they charged me for it. That to me seems very unethical when I pay top dollar to see this clinic and this doctor
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
After changing doctors and clinics I realize how on organized and unprofessional this clinic is compared to the one I'm seeing now but at the time they seemed OK and like any other doctor you would see not a specialized clinic where people are paying top dollar for treatment
Every service they provided had a buy three get one free in Vance which only works if you're extremely rich
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Overlake Reproductive Health.
The situation with this clinic and Dr. Johnson specifically was so bad I actually considered filing a lawsuit of malpractice against them
2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
I only met with Dr Rehman twice, though he did do one of my retrievals. On all occasions he was courteous, kind, and helpful. My experiences working with him directly were positive....Just realize that the Dr is not the person you will see on most of your visits. While he is great, the process and administration may leave something to be desired.
Although I had a blood draw, my pre cycle infectious disease panel was never run and to make things worse, nobody caught onto this despite me doing 2 IVF cycles. I only found out when trying to request records for my new clinic. Additionally, it took nearly a month for my records to get sent to the new clinic
How was your experience with Khurram Rehman at Overlake Reproductive Health?
Dr Rehman was very courteous and had a great sense of humor. My somewhat negative review of the clinic is not based on my limited dealings with him but rather the clinic and its approach in general.
Femara/Flare was the first, and the 2nd was Antagonist. In both cases I was put on the highest doses possible based on my AMH levels, despite being young-ish at 38. I was told this was what I needed to stipulate the ovaries. I also used a Nuvaring before starting both cycles. I did not respond very well to either protocol.
Jo is very efficient, scans were over quickly. As far as the rest of the staff, there seemed to be a lot of turnover
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
Boutique clinic with private parking lot in suburban area. Waiting room often very full, small space
All was covered by insurance so not sure

2021, Unknown Success
Doctor Johnson always choose the most expensive medications and use the max dosage to most of the patients...I compared my protocol to other patients, it is almost the same. We all take same dose of supplement. I use the maximum dosage of Gonal-F...we use the most expensive medications and the result is far below my expectation...
Their is no formal portal for this clinic [Overlake Reproductive Health]. One nurse send the other patient's treatment plan to me...Strengths: this clinic location is really good Weaknesses: I think the lab need to improve...Jo [nurse] is really professional. But she is really cold, in her email, you only get yes or no without any further details. When I request transfer tissue from overlake to another clinic, they are extremely unhelpful ! I sent more than 5 emails to ask why the delay happens...
How was your experience with Kevin Johnson at Overlake Reproductive Health?
Doctor Johnson always choose the most expensive medications and use the max dosage to most of the patients. There is no professional patient portal in this clinic, we always use email to communicate. Also it takes long time to ask for medical records.
Just find other clinic if your age is close to 35, you will waste your time here.
I compared my protocol to other patients, it is almost the same. We all take same dose of supplement. I use the maximum dosage of Gonal-F which is not necessary and cause OHSS.
In this protocol, we use the most expensive medications and the result is far below my expectation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Overlake Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: JO)
Jo is really professional. But she is really cold, in her email, you only get yes or no without any further details. When I request transfer tissue from overlake to another clinic, they are extremely unhelpful ! I sent more than 5 emails to ask why the delay happens in Overlake side. They just beat the bush.
Describe your experience with Overlake Reproductive Health.
Strengths: this clinic location is really good Weaknesses: I think the lab need to improve, their success rate is below average Friendly reminder: if you want to have a baby soon, please choose other clinic.
More than 30K for one ivf
Describe Kevin Johnson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Overlake Reproductive Health.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Overlake Reproductive Health.
Their is no formal portal for this clinic. One nurse send the other patient's treatment plan to me