55 Francisco Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
415-834-3095

2011 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr Givens was a good communicator, empathetic and professional. She has a conservative approach. She recommended the same protocol 9 times, all which failed, and when I asked multiple times if there was anything experimental I could try she said no, you should think about using a surrogate...If you... do not need a touchy feeling Dr, she is a good fit. She is quick, direct and to the point which I actually appreciate...If you want a doctor that is going to think outside the box, do research on your behalf and bring you all the latest information available whether she agrees with the treatment or not, she is not the right fit for you.
PFC is fancy. Very nice, clean and huge for SF. They have appointments before work hours (8:30am) and there is plenty of parking in the area. Office tends to be crowded but I never felt that it lacked privacy...The PFC staff was organized, compassionate, friendly, and available. Embryologists were great too...During a transfer I was lead to a room that hadn't been cleaned from the previous procedure because they were so jam packed with procedures on the same day. It was chaos.
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr Givens was a good communicator, empathetic and professional. She has a conservative approach. She recommended the same protocol 9 times, all which failed, and when I asked multiple times if there was anything experimental I could try she said no, you should think about using a surrogate. Come to find out there are experimental things located within 2 hours of her office. She wrote a paper in 2010 around immunology and IVIG. Her paper was not supporting this treatment, but that's not what I asked. So, if you have a typical case I would recommend her. If you don't and would like to think more outside the box with your treatment, I would recommend you go to another clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
If you have a typical case and do not need a touchy feeling Dr, she is a good fit. She is quick, direct and to the point which I actually appreciate. I don't want to hang out at the clinic any more then I have to. If you want a doctor that is going to think outside the box, do research on your behalf and bring you all the latest information available whether she agrees with the treatment or not, she is not the right fit for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
From 2011 to 2012 the PFC experience seemed boutique and custom. Dr's had reviewed charts prior to entering the room and came to the table with a plan. When I returned to begin transfers for a second child in 2014 the clinic was different. Much more crowded, rushed and even one of the nurses said to me that they were now so busy she had to remind the Dr's about each patient. During a transfer I was lead to a room that hadn't been cleaned from the previous procedure because they were so jam packed with procedures on the same day. It was chaos.
Describe the protocols Carolyn Givens used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Round 1: age 36; retrieval using Follistim, Ganarelix, Menapure; great results; recommended against genetic testing as I had never been pregnant before; 29 eggs; 15 embroys (all excellent grade); Fresh transfer of 2 embryos; negative pregnancy test (Dr Given's said it was because I hyper stimulated but I had so many embroys she decided to move forward. Round 2: Frozen natural cycle; cancelled due to lining being too thin Round 3: Frozen cycle using stim drugs to help with lining; cancelled due to me ovulating Round 4: Frozen cycle using progesterone and estrogen injections (Dr Given's called this the gold standard to help with thin lining) Lining only got to a 6. Dr Chenet told me I "needed to buy a uterus" at a lining check but that it was Dr Given's call. I requested NOT to see Dr Chenet at future appointments. Dr Given's decided to give it a shot. Transfered 2 embryos; resulted in birth of 1 baby 9 months later: Rounds 5 & 6: Used same protocol as Round 4 both ending in chemical pregnancies Endometrial biopsy - Dr Given's didn't get enough tissue the first time so I had to do this twice. It's painful and delays the process. Biopsy came back fine meaning we were doing transfers on the correct day Went through the rest of the embroys using the same protocol as round 4 with negative pregnancy tests each time. Now out of of embryos Dr Given's reason was that they were not genetically tested. Retrieval #2: 15 eggs; 6 embryos; 3 genetically normal 2 transfers using the same protocol as round 4. Negative pregnancies both times. Thin lining continued through out each round (between 6 and 7) - reco is a 10 With 1 embro left Dr Given's recommended another retrieval and using a surrogate. I did the research and decided that route was not for me. Moved embryo to a new clinic and started from scratch.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Donna is wonderful)
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center.
My first cycles were on a special value plan. I can't remember the exact costs but because I was only 36 and using my own eggs I qualified. Everything outside of that was a la carte. My insurance didn't provide coverage so everything was out of pocket. There were no payment plans offered.
Describe Carolyn Givens's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
Dr Given's and the staff at PFC have a conservative approach. When asked about alternative medicine, experimental treatments, ways of eating, etc. they all seem to blow it off as there is "not sufficient research"
Carolyn Givens
San Francisco

Dr. Schriock initially seemed good. He was the first doctor we worked with, so we didn't have much to compare. He is definitely more of a facts and figures guy. He pulled out all of the stats to show that at my age and with my ovarian reserve, it would be ideal to attempt an IVF transfer using an embryo created with a donor's egg.... We did one transfer with Dr. Schriock, using my partner's sperm and a donor egg to create an embryo. PFC does not test donor egg-created embryos (or they didn't in 2017)
The nursing staff at PFC is for the most part fantastic. They are very organized and responsive.... We were initially excited about Pacific Fertility Center because they are very responsive, and I have a cousin who had a good experience there. I now realize that you are paying for a "boutique" experience and that they seem to be more about making money than having successful results. They are very reluctant to do diagnostics, or think about getting pregnant as a holistic experience.
How was your experience with Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Schriock initially seemed good. He was the first doctor we worked with, so we didn't have much to compare. He is definitely more of a facts and figures guy. He pulled out all of the stats to show that at my age and with my ovarian reserve, it would be ideal to attempt an IVF transfer using an embryo created with a donor's egg. He was encouraging and we had no complaints as we prepared for the first transfer. I did get pregnant, but the embryo did not develop, and I ended up having a traumatic experience clearing the pregnancy- including two rounds of medication, hemorraging, and an emergency D&C.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
I'm not sure I would recommend Dr. Schriock given so many other options in the Bay Area. He gets good reviews from other people, so I don't want to be negative, but I did not have an amazing experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Pacific Fertility is very good at making patients feel attended to, and Dr. Shriock was available to answer any questions that arose.
Describe the protocols Eldon Schriock (retired) used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did one transfer with Dr. Schriock, using my partner's sperm and a donor egg to create an embryo. PFC does not test donor egg-created embryos (or they didn't in 2017), so we transferred the untested embryo and it resulted in a short-lived pregnancy and miscarriage. The only medications I took were estrogen and progesterone leading up to the transfer, and in the first weeks after transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Joanna)
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
We were initially excited about Pacific Fertility Center because they are very responsive, and I have a cousin who had a good experience there. I now realize that you are paying for a "boutique" experience and that they seem to be more about making money than having successful results. They are very reluctant to do diagnostics, or think about getting pregnant as a holistic experience. For example, when I asked what I should do to prepare the week before a transfer, my doctor simply said, "Don't get sick." They don't have any protocol around food, exercise, immune support, etc - all things that can help set the stage for a successful pregnancy. They are quite happy to keep doing transfers (and taking your money) without any diagnostic rigor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center.
Eldon Schriock (retired)

2010 - 2015, Unsuccessful
I always wonder if we wasted by best embryos at PFC doing those fresh transfers. I wish he would have taken more time to consider what I was saying...I think if you are not successful with a protocol or a doctor, ask them to change things.
[Nurse Marris] was always responsive, never left me hanging or waiting for important results. I had other nurses where I had to check their work and make sure they got my prescriptions right, for example. I could really trust Marris.
How was your experience with Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
I liked Dr. Herbert in general, he was kind and friendly enough. But I would say the warmest/most compassionate doctor in the practice is Schrioc. He proably has the best bedside manner/warmth. Over the course of the many years I was at PFC, I had appointments with all of the doctors, as they cover for each other for u/s and all the way to retrievals and transfers. Dr. Herbert would get on the phone and answer questions and was responsive. It's looking back that I'm not sure he was as creative with treating my infertility. I had 3 retrievals and many transfers there - and don't think there were very many changes to my protocol. That being said, when I asked for some things, for example, for them to let all of my embryos "have a chance" and grow them out and freeze them, even if they were low quality, he let me. He let me transfer them too. Those "bad" embryos at least got me pregnant, though I did miscarry. My current clinic would not have frozen or transferred those low quality embryos. The fact that Dr. Herbert did and I got pregnant, gave me hope to continue - as that was my first pregnancy ever. Had my 1st round of IVF not produced a pregnancy at all, I think we would have quit. So bottom line, I found him more open to listening to my wishes, in that sense and letting me decide. I think that was a good thing. On the other hand, I did bring up a concern with transferring fresh embryos when I am an endometrios patient (a disease that flares up with hormones). He wasn't very open to exploring this and we continued to transfer my best embryos in fresh transfers. My current clinic said they would not have done this with me, full of stim meds. In fact, the trend overall now, is to mostly do FETs. I always wonder if we wasted by best embryos at PFC doing those fresh transfers. I wish he would have taken more time to consider what I was saying.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
I think if you are not successful with a protocal or a doctor, ask them to change things. They should learn from the data they have on your cycles. I would also ask them for their success rates with people similar to you. PFC is a big enough clinic now that nothing should be completely new to them. If it is - I would find another clinic. You don't want to be any clinic's guinea pig.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
When I first started at PFC, they weren't very patient-centric. I was learning all of this new terminology and how everything worked - and had to be the translater between their different departments (that didn't talk to one another). This was a tremendous stress and burdent on me as a new patients - to check their work and keep them on track, when there was no way for me to know their process or even the fertility process for that matter. I made suggestions, and others must have complained too - b/c they then established teams for each doctor. So you would work with the same group who knew you and your treatment plan. This was a big improvement. And once I got a great nurse, it was much, much better. Though I am no longer with PFC, I have still had occasion to reach out to my nurse at PFC for updates and very rarely, some advice. That tipped the scales to feeling more "human".
Describe the protocols Carl Herbert (retired) used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Too long ago and too many to remember specifically. I know I used Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide. My FETs were (mostly) unmedicated. I got 15 eggs on two rounds, 17 on another. So not a lot of variance there. We tended to have about an 80% fertilization rate. My embryos didn't do well between day 3 and 5 in the lab, so for my 2nd and 3rd round we froze on day 3. I had a few pregnancies, and all ended in m/c - some early and one 2nd trimester. No living children to date.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marris)
As mentioned before, once they established teams, things were WAY better. Then you had one person managing and overseeing the whole process. Marris was my primary contact and I think she went above and beyond for me many times. She advocated for me, she showed tremendous compassion during the tough times and losses. She became almost a friend and I feel she shared things with me about personal experiences to help me on my journey. I felt extremely luck to have her. She was always responsive, never left me hanging or waiting for important results. I had other nurses where I had to check their work and make sure they got my prescriptions right, for example. I could really trust Marris. She is no longer in the same role, as far as I know, she is now a retrieval nurse. I'm sure she is wonderful there too, but is no longer the day-to-day contact for patients, which is a loss for PFC patients!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center.
In 2010, I think IUIs were roughly $2,000 plus meds. For our second & third ERs we did a plan that allowed you to do two ERs if you didn't get pregnant, at a slight discount. That was in the mid-$20,000 range - drugs, monitoring and additional transfers were all in addition to that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
It's hard to remember all of details now. I know had issues with lack of communication between departments several times. There was a lot of "you need to talk to x about that/not my department." It was frustrating when you were just trying to get through the process to be bounced around and manage up. And there were times that I didn't know I was supposed to be the middle man and it held things up at cricital junctures and then it felt like I was asking special favors to just keep moving. I'm no longer at PFC and about a year after my last treatment, they sent me a bill for several hundred dollars. They claimed it was some unpaid portion of a FET. I am all OOP and had to pay my bills at the time of service, it's not like they were waiting on insurance or something. So it was odd of them to claim I hadn't paid in real time AND wait a year to bill me. I refused to pay and spoke to several people in billing about this. They agreed it was wrong to charge me. Just recently, I got another email saying I owed $ still. I keep having the same conversation over and over. The real rub is - while they continue to ask for this $, this month they refused to do my outside monitoring for my new clinic. I know this is unrelated to this bill - it's their "new policy". It just left me wondering how many unsuccessful patients they must have asking for outside monitoring, if they are refusing?? I found this very disappointing, after all the time & $ I spent there without success that they would not support me as I continue to try to build a family. Not having the continuity/having to find a 3rd clinic for just this piece has been stressful.

2015, Unknown Success
He [Dr Herbert] has been in the field a long time and seems to know his stuff. I wish he would have been better at talking me through things and showing a bit more compassion throughout the process. Compared to other doctors, I think he did a good job during the ultrasounds. He didn't rush through them like many of the other doctors I saw and he was sure to show me each follicle and tell me how it was doing - this I really appreciated.
During the process I felt the communication between the doctors office [Pacific Fertility Center] and myself was very poor and i often felt confused about what was going on....I thought my coordinator was very good. She walked me through all of the steps and always kept in touch with me when things changed and provided me with a detailed calendar after each visit. My experience with the nurses was not as great. There were several instances where there was a miscommunication and I always left my conversations with them feeling uncertain. I also had a terrible experience on the day of my retrieval. The nurse that got me set up and did my IV was obviously new and very nervous. She was vocal to me about how nervous she was and was literally shaking as she was trying to put my IV in. After the procedure she told me how many eggs they got my failed to tell me what they didnt know yet how many they could freeze. She also didnt tell me that a nurse would call me the next day to tell me how successful it was.
He has been in the field a long time and seems to know his stuff. I wish he would have been better at talking me through things and showing a bit more compassion throughout the process. Compared to other doctors, I think he did a good job during the ultrasounds. He didn't rush through them like many of the other doctors I saw and he was sure to show me each follicle and tell me how it was doing - this I really appreciated.
Don't go into it expecting him to cushion the blow. He is up front and realistic which can be good, but also hard for someone who may be emotional and having a hard time.
His bedside manner is not ideal, but also not terrible. During the process I felt the communication between the doctors office and myself was very poor and i often felt confused about what was going on. When I was one on one with Dr. Herbert during an appointment it was a bit better.
I wasn't given much explanation for the protocol used. I now now (only since I have been to another doctor) that he used the long protocol. I took estrogen pills before my cycle and then went on to menopur, follistim and ganirelix for about 9 days. My menopur was 150/night and follistim was around 350/night. He didn't explain there were different options so I assumed this was the only one. During my cycle he also upped my dosage and it wasn't clear why he did that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Letty was my coordinator but i didnt have a specific nurse)
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic itself is beautiful! Very quiet, clean and has amazing views. It is never too crowded so it is a nice place to sit and wait to be seen. All the staff in the office are professional and dress professionally.
my insurance didn't cover anything besides the initial visit so I paid for all ultrasounds as well as the procedure cost, Anastasia, and meds.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
There were some minor instances where I was given the wrong information from a nurse. During a review of how to use the injections a new nurse gave me the wrong information. Luckily, later that day I was still confused so I called the office and spoke to another nurse and got the right information. It's a good thing I called back. There was also an instance when it was clear the nurses did not communicate properly and gave me conflicting information.

2012 - 2015, Unsuccessful
...On one hand I was relieved that I finally had a potential answer for all my recurrent miscarriages, but on the other hand I was astonished that I had seen almost every doctor at PFC (pacific fertility center) over the course of two years and not one of them thought to investigate my uterine cavity. During my sonogram at ucsf, she pointed out all the scar tissue on the screen, it's white and very easy to see even with my untrained eye. A hysteroscopy was performed at ucsf a few weeks after the initial diganosis and a post-op sonogram revealed virtually no scar tissue, again very easy to see the difference with my untrained eye. It seem
I think 25K for IVF plus meds plus another 3K to natera for genetics testing, implant 3K each times 2... My case was different that most, because I could get pregnant easily but would miscarry so I think my case required more investigative work and I don't think this PFC is the place for you if you have a complicated history of pregnancies/miscarriages etc...First impressions are great at pfc, everyone is always prompt and informed, I think the nurse to patient ration always felt like 4 to 1. You can reach anyone at any time which is great for your first cycle, you have so many questions and concerns, calls/emails are always promptly returned. I loved the whole acupuncture option there as well, great to have. The docs do feel a bit rushed during the monitoring appointments and it's rare that your doctor performs your transfer or extraction, but i didn't think of this as a negative, the more docs I was exposed to and could ask questions I thought the better. My case was different that most, because I could get pregnant easily but would miscarry so I think my case required more investigative work and I don't think this PFC is the place for you if you have a complicated history of pregnancies/miscarriages etc
Again, mentioning his affability, he is very likable and an easy communicator. After a successful round of ivf with ccs, I had three frozen chromosomally normal eggs. We implanted one, I became pregnant, but no heartbeat at 7 weeks - having a dnc at week 8 - a few months later I implanted the next one, similar outcome. At this point, I had had 5 miscarriages, 7 pregnancies in 4 years.....with one naturally conceived easy live birth so I knew that I could carry to term. I had every blood test under the sun, always normal. I kept asking dr. herbert, 'is there anything that you can think of that would be causing these miscarriages?',...'should we check for anything else before we implant my last frozen egg?', His answer was fair for sure, 'could be anything, we never really know..let's do a medicated implantation this time' (more costly and time consuming for me) Before implanting my last egg, I sought a second option with ucsf, within one hour of meeting me they did a sonogram of my uterus and determined that I had a significant amount of scar tissue in my uterus due to all the pregnancies and dnc's over the last few years. Since I always miscarried around week 8, they determined that this was the most likely cause, the embryo simply couldn't grow any bigger. On one hand I was relieved that I finally had a potential answer for all my recurrent miscarriages, but on the other hand I was astonished that I had seen almost every doctor at PFC (pacific fertility center) over the course of two years and not one of them thought to investigate my uterine cavity. During my sonogram at ucsf, she pointed out all the scar tissue on the screen, it's white and very easy to see even with my untrained eye. A hysteroscopy was performed at ucsf a few weeks after the initial diganosis and a post-op sonogram revealed virtually no scar tissue, again very easy to see the difference with my untrained eye. It seems that an easy routine test in the form of a thorough sonogram could have prevented so much heartbreak, let alone time and money.
Be your own advocate
dr. herbert has a great bed side manner, he is very likable and charming, a great salesman if you will. I had 5 natural pregnancies in 3 years, including only one live birth and one down's syndrome termination, so he and I both felt that IVF would be very successful and it was it terms of egg's retrieved.
basic IVF, 12 days on meds, I responded well to meds and 17 eggs were retrieved. I should mention I was 41 at the time and exceeds all stats etc.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
Nurses were all great, compassionate and communicated everything very well.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
7 pregnancies in 4 years, 5 conceived naturally, one live birth, one terminated downs pregnancies and a total of 5 miscarriages - two of which were eggs from my ivf with ccs, so normal eggs. A second option determined a septum had grown in my uterus most likely due to all the pregnancies - my uterus was septum free prior to pregnancy number 3, so it grew it that last two years. Shocking that nobody ever noticed this at PFC

2013, Unknown Success
The clinic definitely feels like a spa, so physically it’s a nice place to be considering the number of appointments involved in a cycle. I didn’t feel that people at the clinic were on the same page or coordinated in an organized way. They have different coordinators for everything (e.g. clinical nurse coordinator, financial coordinator), which made me assume there would be a lot of individual subject matter expertise, but the reality was they were rarely in sync and I found myself repeating a lot.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Isabelle Ryan has a very direct, succinct, blunt manner. That didn’t bother me at first, but at a later stage in my care I realized that many crisply communicated statements really glossed over important nuances, and areas of uncertainty. Our meetings were always very quick, and I left thinking I had gotten all the information I needed, but it’s hard to know what you don’t know. As a small example, I was a first-time patient, and it was never communicated to me that at PFC my doctor likely wouldn’t be performing my retrieval surgery. I now know this is very common, but this shouldn’t be communicated to a patient the first time in the middle of a stimulation cycle. Most importantly, I feel she handled my case poorly from a medical standpoint, and made critical errors which, subsequent doctors pointed out, introduced unnecessary risk. She and her care team overlooked disturbing symptoms that I had and, in retrospect, gave me a treatment which was dangerous rather than helpful. This aspect of my case would not apply to most patients, but I think it speaks to a lax attitude about complications, and an unwillingness to take the time to think beyond the obvious norms. Finally, she was coordinating care with an outside specialist, and the communication about the status of this coordination was bad -- I realized months later that the tests from the outside specialist had actually given me the opposite results that Dr. Ryan had used in her assumptions and care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
I probably would see a different doctor unless you are ready to go home and independently fact check what you hear, and almost act as your own secondary doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
It was somewhere in the middle. The clinic is not an over-crowded factory type atmosphere, but I sometimes felt like a number because important details of my care often slipped through the cracks. I felt that Dr. Ryan’s care team, in particular nurse coordinator Doris Dalida at the time, didn’t do a good communicating clearly about my specific case, but would speak more generically meaning important details were left out.
Describe the protocols Isabelle Ryan used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Before cycling she had my husband and I do prophylactic antibiotics (zithromax and cipro). First cycle (which ended in a cycle cancellation with no retrieval): 3 weeks birth control pills, started 200 IU Follistim & 75 IU Menopur, this was increased but not sure to what levels. Never triggered because cycle was canceled for poor response. Second cycle: Removed IUD; no birth control pills. Estrace priming before cycle start (4 mg daily). At baseline ultrasound start micro-dose lupron (10 units, twice per day); then starting dose 300 IU Follistim and 150 IU Menopur. Trigger 10,000 IU hCG. Resulted in 19 eggs retrieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Doris Dalida)
I found Doris, Dr. Ryan’s nurse coordinator to be very underwhelming. She wasn’t very helpful in providing the information I needed and was not helpful in organizing my overall care. There were other nurses who was nice, but I never felt that I had someone really competent, who cared, who was on top of things for me.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center.
Not sure how much we paid for the first canceled cycle. Second cycle where we did a retrieval was about $12,000, though they gave us a $1,500 discount because of issues in our first cycle, and because we were self-pay patients. This did NOT include all of the lab tests and drugs, which added several thousand dollars, or the $1500 to Natera which is the outside reference lab used for PGS testing.
Describe Isabelle Ryan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
Recommended eSET with PGS, but did not do a transfer at PFC so it wasn’t a lengthy discussion.
Isabelle Ryan

2012, 5 Eggs Frozen
Investor
He [Dr. Philip Chenette] started with very negative and scary data on our first visit (That has turned out to be debunked) And, one of the protocols ended in a cancelled cycle and I never had that happen on the 5 following ones. Also, the doctors after that were not impressed with the protocol he suggested for the 2nd round after the first one didn't meet his expectations. So, that concerned me too
He [Dr. Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center] started with very negative and scary data on our first visit (That has turned out to be debunked) And, one of the protocols ended in a cancelled cycle and I never had that happen on the 5 following ones. Also, the doctors after that were not impressed with the protocol he suggested for the 2nd round after the first one didn't meet his expectations. So, that concerned me too
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
He started with very negative and scary data on our first visit (That has turned out to be debunked) And, one of the protocols ended in a cancelled cycle and I never had that happen on the 5 following ones. Also, the doctors after that were not impressed with the protocol he suggested for the 2nd round after the first one didn't meet his expectations. So, that concerned me too
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
He knew who I was, so it wasn't quite like a number, but I didn't have the best rapport with him
Describe the protocols Philip Chenette used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
FSH 240 and ganirelix for the first one. 7 eggs retrieved and 5 were frozen. (This was the best result I had from any protocol, but every doctor after that did more 'complex' ones.) Then a lupron pill for the 2nd attempt, which failed.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
High-end feel but I didn't get to see the same people a lot, and I still didn't felt a bit like a number
Philip Chenette