55 Francisco Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
415-834-3095

[Dr. Carl Herbert] He was straightforward and didn't try to sugar-coat anything, which I preferred. My advanced age and chronic medical condition complicated IVF treatment, so he addressed all that...We decided to have an egg donor , with a frozen embryo transfer cycle after viable embryos are retrieved. Because only 1 viable embryo was retrieved after PGT testing, Dr. Herbert offered ERA cycle as a diagnostic test to increase success of the transfer.
If she cannot answer a question, she immediately forwards it to another staff in the clinic who can assist me. Overall, all the [Pacific Fertility Center] staff are friendly and organized. I have no problem with any staff in the clinic...The clinic strongly endorses eSET transfer, which is a safer approach and I agree after doing my own research.
How was your experience with Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Herbert offered to explain everything and will answer questions if I ever have them. The office staff are very prompt and responsive. Office is busy, so I didn't get to see Dr. Herbert at every visit, but that was okay. Although there is some setback and delay with my cycle, the clinic is always in touch to keep me updated.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
It's just important to ask questions. He will not go into too much detail unless you ask him the questions. Make appointments ahead of time because he is busy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
My 1st consultation with Dr. Herbert was informative. He was straightforward and didn't try to sugar-coat anything, which I preferred. My advanced age and chronic medical condition complicated IVF treatment, so he addressed all that. I trust Dr. Herbert with his many decades of experience and felt like I was confident in his expertise
Describe the protocols Carl Herbert (retired) used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We decided to have an egg donor , with a frozen embryo transfer cycle after viable embryos are retrieved. Because only 1 viable embryo was retrieved after PGT testing, Dr. Herbert offered ERA cycle as a diagnostic test to increase success of the transfer. He offered advice and information when we were disappointed with only 1 embryo retrieved. We have not gone through the frozen embryo transfer but the coordinators and staff are always ready to help us through it all
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Maureen C)
Maureen is always prompt and responsive. If she cannot answer a question, she immediately forwards it to another staff in the clinic who can assist me. Overall, all the PFC staff are friendly and organized. I have no problem with any staff in the clinic
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Clinic is clean, professional looking and very organized. Everyone is friendly and all my questions and requests are taken care of promptly. You do get what you pay for, though. We paid a pretty penny for our services and am not sure if we can afford to repeat treatment at this clinic, if this cycle fails.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center.
It was costly, mainly because it's in San francisco and is a very lovely, professional looking office that takes up the entire floor in a decent sized building. Compared to other couples undergoing same protocol, I believe we paid noticeably more. But it's a good group of doctors, nurses and coordinators.
Describe Carl Herbert (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
Carl Herbert (retired)
San Francisco

Dr. Herbert has a very straightforward manner but I don't mind it. I still felt I could joke or cry with him. Anytime I had a question and arranged a phone call I felt he took time to answer my questions.... I did sort of feel just in that initial consult that some added sensitivity around me being there alone as a single person would have been nice. I only felt that way during the first appointment. In my subsequent calls or ultrasound appointments I don't recall feeling that way.
It's a lovely facility [Pacific Fertility Ctr- San Fran]. Clean and responsive. I did go for a weekend ultrasound and wasn't necessarily as impressed with some of the support staff but that might just be because I wasn't with my familiar nurse and medical assistant. I went to 3 injection classes (seriously) and thought Iris was awesome. I also really appreciated that I got one free session with a therapist on staff. Had Laura my clinical coordinator not mentioned that I wouldn't have known.
Dr. Herbert has a very straightforward manner but I don't mind it. I still felt I could joke or cry with him. Anytime I had a question and arranged a phone call I felt he took time to answer my questions. Most notably, the month I was set to begin I was extremely sick and at my baseline ultrasound pretty upset because my follicle count was lower than it had been at my consult ultrasound. He explained my options to me (go for it or wait a month to see if the count would be better). As I became increasingly upset, I think he could see how devastated I was and suggested I wait/get better. It was most definitely a human moment. There was one instance that stung just a tad, but in the moment I called him on it and I truly believe there was no ill intention. During my consult when discussing options, he assumed and suggested at some point I would pick a sperm donor. I joked and reminded him that finding a future partner was still an option. I did sort of feel just in that initial consult that some added sensitivity around me being there alone as a single person would have been nice. I only felt that way during the first appointment. In my subsequent calls or ultrasound appointments I don't recall feeling that way.
It's a piece of advice I plan to use myself which is to understand more what my blood test numbers mean/meant. During my consult, my mid-cycle ultrasound provided a surprising number of follicles as compared to my blood tests. However once I began treatment it seems what I'm seeing is more in line with those test results. I now feel I have more questions and want a better understanding of all my options. Additionally, I would say if warm and fuzzy is what you're looking for as a patient this may not be the best fit.
It was suggested I take Vitamin D, a prenatal and Co-Q-10. I had a very bad reaction to Co-Q-10 and after playing with the dosage and timing, we just sort of agreed I was done with it. I was put on 300 Follistim and 150 Menopur. After an injection class, once I realized everyone was on different meds, I did call to inquire how these decisions get made. I would say I was not super clear on the answer and now that I'm in the cycle again wondering if different meds or doses would work better (questions I now plan to ask). It's too soon for me to comment on results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Katherine Porras)
Again, it's early for me .. but I can 100% speak confidently about Katherine Porras (RN) and Christina Johnson (MA). Both of these women have shown me extreme compassion and answered all my questions (I have a lot). As for Clinical Coordinator, Letty Semana is actually Dr. Herbert's Clinical Coordinator but I'm sorry to say I had a terrible experience with her and switched coordinators after just one phone call. Letty was not only terse with me, I truly felt as though my questions were a complete inconvenience to her. After hanging up the call, I cried. I remember thinking I am about to give them thousands and thousands of dollars, doesn't that give me the right to ask questions. I recall also thinking, perhaps if I went in person, the experience would be different (there are many steps along the way that can happen in person vs. on the phone). It was actually during my payment consult that I gently shared this experience and my disappointment. That's when I found out I could request a different coordinator. I asked who would be the kindest and most sensitive to the fact that I was doing this 100% alone as a single person. Laura Begay was suggested and I switched. Laura came through for me in some pretty big ways. After a fiasco with ordering meds and prices changing, she got permission to give me a couple of nights of donated meds. When I had to postpone my start because I was sick and was sobbing, she came and talked to me. Other times she helped arrange for me to come in when Dr. Herbert wasn't necessarily available but she helped squeeze me in. I'm glad I made the switch.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
It's a lovely facility. Clean and responsive. I did go for a weekend ultrasound and wasn't necessarily as impressed with some of the support staff but that might just be because I wasn't with my familiar nurse and medical assistant. I went to 3 injection classes (seriously) and thought Iris was awesome. I also really appreciated that I got one free session with a therapist on staff. Had Laura my clinical coordinator not mentioned that I wouldn't have known. I felt good information was provided at each step of the way, but I think I would have preferred or benefited from a thorough overview class too about what was going to happen along the way. I read the binder they give you and highlighted it but still there were some steps along the way I don't think I really understood (like that my follicle count could go down from baseline to next ultrasound).
More than $10,000 when you factor in medication. Between 8-9k not counting medication.
Carl Herbert (retired)
San Francisco

Dr. Ryan is very present and was very responsive to all of our questions and concerns.... My partner and I were trying a second transfer with an embryo created using his sperm and a donor's egg. Unfortunately, it resulted in a negative pregnancy result... Dr. Ryan was very caring, however when I pressed her about next steps and diagnostics, she stated that she did not think anything was "wrong" with me, and that she would want to do 4-6 more transfers before doing any diagnostic procedures.
PFC is a boutique clinic, and you will be well treated and attended to. They are responsive and clear about logistics and protocols.... All of the nursing staff and care coordinators at PFC that I dealt with were great.... Given that the numbers are supposed to be so much better with donor eggs, and the fact that no one has given me any reason that we would not be successful going this route, I don't have the most positive feeling about PFC. Of course, there are probably many people who have had successful outcomes there, so this is just my experience.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
I like Dr. Ryan a lot. I've read some reviews critiquing her "bedside manner" but I only experienced her positively. My partner and I were trying a second transfer with an embryo created using his sperm and a donor's egg. Unfortunately, it resulted in a negative pregnancy result, which was deeply disappointing, as it was our final option at PFC for transfer. Dr. Ryan was very caring, however when I pressed her about next steps and diagnostics, she stated that she did not think anything was "wrong" with me, and that she would want to do 4-6 more transfers before doing any diagnostic procedures. This, of course, sounded crazy to us - from both an emotional and financial point of view.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Even though we did not get the desired result, she seems like an excellent doctor and was very caring.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Isabelle Ryan used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did one IVF transfer, with a tested, euploid embyro created with my partner's sperm and a donor egg. I took estrogen and progesterone leading up to, and for a couple weeks after, the transfer. There was no pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alvi)
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
PFC is a boutique clinic, and you will be well treated and attended to. They are responsive and clear about logistics and protocols. That said, I feel like I just threw away a bunch of money after two transfers (with donor eggs) that did not work. Given that the numbers are supposed to be so much better with donor eggs, and the fact that no one has given me any reason that we would not be successful going this route, I don't have the most positive feeling about PFC. Of course, there are probably many people who have had successful outcomes there, so this is just my experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center.

2017 - 2018, 68 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Schriock took the time to understand me and my goals. He gave me information and guidance aligned to my goals and where I am in the process. ... His demeanor is friendly, patient, and calm. He was realistic with me about my potential outcomes and was proactive about tuning my protocol to try to improve outcomes. He found a protocol that was ultimately very effective for me, and I was able to achieve better results (egg freezing) than I was expecting.
The clinic [Pacific Fertility Center] is beautiful, very comfortable and welcoming. The operation is incredibly efficient - no wait times, things work like clockwork. The entire staff is great - friendly, informed, efficient. Scheduling was simple and easy, and appointments were always on time and ran smoothly. ... Marris Baskin, a nurse for retrievals and other procedures was especially great. Very warm, got to know me well, and took a personal interest. Really fantastic care.
How was your experience with Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Schriock is thorough, sharing the right level of detail and thoughtfully answering all of my questions. His demeanor is friendly, patient, and calm. He was realistic with me about my potential outcomes and was proactive about tuning my protocol to try to improve outcomes. He found a protocol that was ultimately very effective for me, and I was able to achieve better results (egg freezing) than I was expecting.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Do your research and ask the questions that are important to you. He will take the time to answer them and work with you on the right path for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Schriock took the time to understand me and my goals. He gave me information and guidance aligned to my goals and where I am in the process. He and his entire staff got to know me personally, and consistently went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and cared for.
Describe the protocols Eldon Schriock (retired) used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For egg freezing, I did: - 1 cycle with follistim + menopur protocol, with a HCG trigger, which led to average results. - 2nd cycle with lupron, follistim, menopur protocol, with a HCG trigger with similar results. - Moved to a clomid, follistim, menopur protocol, with a HCG and Lupron trigger, which led to great results. I did 4 freezing cycles with this protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center.
The entire nursing staff was fantastic - very responsive, well informed, very caring, and efficient. Marris Baskin, a nurse for retrievals and other procedures was especially great. Very warm, got to know me well, and took a personal interest. Really fantastic care.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is beautiful, very comfortable and welcoming. The operation is incredibly efficient - no wait times, things work like clockwork. The entire staff is great - friendly, informed, efficient. Scheduling was simple and easy, and appointments were always on time and ran smoothly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center.
Most of my costs were covered by insurance.
Eldon Schriock (retired)
2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Liyun Li] was always available to answer questions, in person, over the phone or email. She was aware of my personal situation beyond fertility and was friendly and conversational. She was good at explaining on my level along with science and statistics and was honest about "chance/luck" pkaying a role, for better or worse.
Biggest weakness [at Pacific Fertility Center] is the egg donor agency. I would never recommend them. So much hardship was felt as we went through 2 donors who were discharged during my cycles for undisclosed medical reasons and the third declined to participate, causing us to lose one full year. The clinics response was that we had a bad stroke of luck. After investing $30k, you can imagine how poorly this went over with us, but we felt stuck. They had our money, so we had to keep working with them. Fortunately in the end ourfinal donor worjed out and we had 13 embryos frozen. The clinic side us top notch, frim the Dr's, nurses, staff, hours, i only wish all healthcare could br this good.
How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
Please refer to my previous response
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
Ask questions and probe, don't hesitate to call or email with follow-ups.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
She was always available to answer questions, in person, over the phone or email. She was aware of my personal situation beyond fertility and was friendly and conversational. She was good at explaining on my level along with science and statistics and was honest about "chance/luck" pkaying a role, for better or worse.
Describe the protocols Liyun Li used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My first cycle was a fresh donor egg cycle requring 3 Rx of shots. In the second and 3rd cycle she recomended Prometrium via vaginal inserts, which i did not care fir and requested shots fir the 3rd round. She urged me to continue w/Prometrium vaginally due to the potentcy and proximity to the uterus it is applied. I took her suggestion hesitantly, however the 3rd round was a success, so worth it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
Very kind, sweet, attentive, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Biggest weekness is the egg donor agency. I would never recommend them. So much hardship was felt as we went through 2 donors who were discharged during my cycles for undisclosed medical reasons and the third declibed to oarticipate, causing us to lose one full year. The clinics response was that we had a bad stroke of luck. After investing $30k, you can imagine how poorly this went over with us, but we felt stuck. They had our money, so we had to keep working with them. Fortunately in the end ourfinal donor worjed out and we had 13 embryos frozen. The clinic side us top notch, frim the Dr's, nurses, staff, hours, i only wish all healthcare could br this good.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center.
I believe the total with drugs was approx $18k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
Once provided an incorrect request to lab, misread my OB's lab request and didn't inlude a test. Bith of these caused a delay in results.
Liyun Li

2013, Successful
...The rest of the staff was quite frustrating to work with. Our information was not passed correctly from one team member to the next and I found myself having to repeat myself in the same appointment and in one appointment after another.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette came highly recommended to me, so I had high hopes. In our initial meeting, he reassured us that our situation was common and there were lots of avenues we could go down to increase our chances of getting pregnant. I did want to try to be as "natural" as possible and not take drastic measures unless we had to, and I'm not sure that was totally respected. His team made a mistake putting together my schedule for when to take the Clomid, so the first time it didn't work. The second time was a slam dunk, so we were lucky enough not to have to take more extreme measures. The nurse assigned to our case was absolutely fantastic, but other than that I'd say Dr Chenette was just ok, and the rest of the staff was quite frustrating to work with. Our information was not passed correctly from one team member to the next and I found myself having to repeat myself in the same appointment and in one appointment after another.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Get a feel for the whole staff you'd be working with, not just Dr. Chenette.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
I didn't feel like he adapted the conversation to me... as someone who didn't really want to go this route in the first place and was willing to take a bit more time to forgo taking drastic action, I don't think that changed Dr. Chenette's pitch.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sue Austin)
She was the only one on top of it. She emailed and called me often, apologized when the rest of the staff made mistakes and was generally a fantastic person to work with.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
One of the nurses, not our primary one, plotted my schedule incorrectly on the calendar and the first month of appointments and medication was a complete waste because I was advised to take the Clomid on the wrong day. There was no discount for the several hundred dollars spent and I had to go through it all again. I also had to explain my situations multiple times, as my updates didn't quite seem to make it into the notes.
Philip Chenette

2009 - 2011, Unsuccessful
I did feel certain Dr. Ryan was on my team through the process. She was supportive and kind and professional. I didn't want to hear the news she was ultimately able to convince me of (that my lack of success was "120% due to egg quality") so I think I continued too long with attempting each method of treatment. Not sure what else she could have done to get through to me, but I do wish I hadn't put my body through so many medicated IUIs, for example.
At my first appointment, the receptionist [at Pacific Fertility Center] asked if my partner would be joining me. I was single. That was agony and hard to get past. Otherwise, I remember feeling pretty welcome.... I had one cancelled cycle for damaged sample, but I do not think it was the clinic's fault. It happened during shipping. I also had some miscommunication between me, the clinic and my OBGYN about when to restart treatment after recovering from a D & C. As a result, I "wasted" treatment on a cycle. I wish I had had a written protocol or direct communication between the 2 doctors. Relying on me to convey information to each doctor wasn't foolproof.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Really listen and ask questions to make sure you aren't just hearing what you want to hear. She will help you make a plan.
She showed compassion and support. I really felt like she was rooting for me.
My treatments were so long ago ... I don't remember specifics. I did 10+ IUI. #7 resulted in a pregnancy that was not viable. 1 IVF and 1 cancelled IVF.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
At my first appointment, the receptionist asked if my partner would be joining me. I was single. That was agony and hard to get past. Otherwise, I remember feeling pretty welcome.
I've blocked out the specifics - the costs were high.
Describe Isabelle Ryan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
I do remember she was very helpful on advising the number to transfer. I understood the pros and cons.

2006 - 2009, Unsuccessful
She was very thorough in describing the processes involved in IVF and I appreciated that. My only complaint was her failure to warn me of all the risks with the ectopic pregnancy. Perhaps she thought I knew how dangerous they are, but I did not. I had no idea.
I really liked most of the staff at PFC. They were efficient and kind. There was one nurse who gave us incorrect medical information, which I reported to Dr. Ryan.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
i would say that she was blunt, but i didn't mind blunt. some people might be put off by her somewhat cold bedside manner but i didn't mind. she was very thorough in describing the processes involved in IVF and i appreciated that. my only complaint was her failure to warn me of all the risks with the ectopic pregnancy. perhaps she thought i knew how dangerous they are, but i did not. i had no idea.
If you want Dr. Ryan to be very thorough in how much information she gives you, ask for it, and i think she will oblige.
i really liked most of the staff at PFC. They were efficient and kind. There was one nurse who gave us incorrect medical information, which i reported to Dr. Ryan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center.
She was very good and patient. I asked a lot of questions to make sure I got everything right and she answered all of my questions with great compassion. Also, if I remember correctly, think the scheduling sheet (for my IVF cycles) was much easier to follow and understand than the one I had at Cornell.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Although I only had one pregnancy at PFC and it was an ectopic pregnancy, i can't help but think that the fact that I was able to get pregnant at all, led me to be able to get pregnant again.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
On my third IVF, I got pregnant, but the embryo implanted in my Fallopian tube (ectopic pregnancy), I don't think the team looked closely enough during my first ultrasound to see if there was something in the tube, when they realized there was nothing in the uterus. Especially since I later learned that women who undergo IVF have a higher chance of ectopic pregnancies. It is possible it would not have been visible, but if it could have been visible in the uterus, why not in the tube? so a week later when the ectopic pregnancy became a large blood clot and threatened to rupture the tube, they gave me a drug to abort the non-viable pregnancy and told me i would be experiencing severe cramping over the next two days and that i had to stay in bed. On the way out the door, I asked, "is there anything i should look out for?" and she said, "yes, if you start having really severe pain and it lasts for 5 minutes, go to the emergency room immediately." That advice that was only given once prompted by question, saved my life later that night when the pregnancy did rupture causing massive internal bleeding that would have been fatal if I had not gone immediately to the hospital and had emergency surgery. Perhaps I would have gone anyway when the pain continued, but perhaps not. Regardless, it was something she should have told me without me asking the question.
San Francisco
Dr. Li thoroughly answered any questions I had. She is not intimidating and is very patient. She is very kind and I felt she is very empathetic. Also, she smiles but is not overly professional like some doctors I've encountered. [At Pacific Fertility Center] $2000 for IUI, $25,000 to $30,000 approx for egg retrieval. $3,500 approx for each frozen embryo transfer. All approximations based on memory.
[Pacific Fertility Center is] mostly a well organized system. Needed documentation should be checked well before beginning a cycle and documents needing witnessing could have been done while I was there for other appointments but was not planned for convenience of patient. They recently adjusted this to online signatures which they should have done a long time ago. Dumb that they make you make an appointment to speak with a financial advisor and all the financial advisor does is tell you in two sentences how much it will cost. They could just email this information, make you sign it that you understand and give you a number to call if you have questions instead of wasting your time.
How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
Not sure
Dr. Li seemed to sincerely care.
Unsure
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jerilee or Lindsay)
Patient
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific Fertility Center.
Appointments were not made to be very convenient
Describe Liyun Li's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
I believe the facility's policy is based on age and they are strict on one embryo per cycle because of the health risk involved with multiples.
Liyun Li

2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Chenette is very competent. The clinic generally tends to do single embryo transfers and counselled us against multi-embryo transfers. There were some billing issues, the counselor was a bit pushy for IVF, and we did feel like we were signed up for IVF before we had made the decision ourselves. But overall, the clinic provided adequate service...He was confident and competent...
The clinic [Pacific Fert Ctr SF] is busy. The embryologist and labs are top notch. The surgery center was well maintained. Some issues with record keeping and billing...Just make sure that you don't want to feel as if you're being pushed to IVF. You want to understand the risks as best as possible and want them to spend the time educating you as a patient as to the best treatments that give you the best possible chances of a healthy, single child with minimal risks to mother and child...
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
He was confident and competent.
Describe the protocols Philip Chenette used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Menopur, Follistim, single embryo transfers
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is busy. The embryologist and labs are top notch. The surgery center was well maintained. Some issues with record keeping and billing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center.
Spent around $30K. IVF covered, additional costs include semen analysis, fertility drugs, embryo storage, genetic testing.
Philip Chenette
2003 - 2010, Successful
Dr. Zouves biggest asset is his kindness. He always seemed to be genuinely happy to see us and he was sad at our failed attempts and happy with our successes. He was very honest when he thought it was time to try donor eggs...Dr Zouves took the time to get to know us. He cheered us on during our adoption process (In between IVFs 2 and 3). He was very honest with us regarding our chances and made the right recommendations.
The staff was excellent. They were always ready for you on time. Answered all questions and were committed to keeping your spirits up...there was a discount plan that covered 3 attempts, everything except the meds. Meds could be purchased through the clinic, at a pharmacy or out of the country...the clinic was very convenient. modern. had separate areas for patients and donors. clean and very cheerful.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Pacific Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christo Zouves at Pacific Fertility Center?
Trust him. He wants you to succeed and take home a baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christo Zouves at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Christo Zouves used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
cannot remember the protocols but after 2 failures we back off on the drugs to try and get a better quality egg/embryo and even though there were fewer eggs, one of them took :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: don't remember her name)
the staff was excellent. They were always ready for you on time. Answered all questions and were committed to keeping your spirits up.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christo Zouves at Pacific Fertility Center.
Christo Zouves
San Francisco
Dr Isabel Ryan is smart and patient she knows that this is a difficult situation and clarified any questions we had. She was open about what the next steps would be and did not sugar coat anything. She asked us to call her anytime we had any questions and when my husband needed further clarification we received it by talking to dr Ryan.... She informed me that with previous doctors results she does not see me naturally using my own eggs
The clinic [Pacific Fertility Center- San Francisco] is. Lean and everyone is friendly. The weaknesses would be trying to get a quick appointment is a little difficult. You would need to wait at least 2 weeks to get in all of your appointments in.... Everyone was nice and understood that we were there because of something difficult that was happening.... Just going in to see the doctor is $350 every time. We have the cost for the genetic counselor any medications from $10-500 any blood work is around $200 and so much more
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
To ask lots of questions and write down anything you may forget.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: A team of people )
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is. Lean and everyone is friendly. The weaknesses would be trying to get a quick appointment is a little difficult. You would need to wait at least 2 weeks to get in all of your appointments in.
2004 - 2010, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Schriock] was very accessible. He took his time and cared about the outcome....He was thoughtful and easy to talk to. I felt like when things weren't happening he wasn't able to help me figure out a next course of action. At the end I left feeling lost and without hope.
[Pacific Fertility Center's] weakness: If felt like a machine at times. When I left no one ever followed up to see how things turned out. They were on to someone else. After 2+ years I would have thought they would be more interested in how they could still help me. Strengths: Their retrieval process and nursing staff was excellent...$13k for two cycles
Ask about the plan he has for you as well as what he might do if pregnancy doesn't happen. If you fall under unexplained infertility like I do, ask if there are other ways to give a more explained diagnosis.
He was very accessible. He took his time and cared about the outcome.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
Engaged. Passionate. They understood how much was invested—monetarily and emotionally.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Weakness: If felt like a machine at times. When I left no one ever followed up to see how things turned out. They were on to someone else. After 2+ years I would have thought they would be more interested in how they could still help me. Strengths: Their retrieval process and nursing staff was excellent.
$13k for two cycles
Eldon Schriock (retired)
2015, 9 Eggs Frozen
I wish she [Dr. Isabelle Ryan] would've explained a bit more about the number of eggs actually needed in order to conceive a child. I would've done another round or two of retrievals to be safe. Other than that she provided me with a lot of knowledge of how everything worked, the process, what was to be expected with the injections, side effects, etc. There were no surprises...Ask questions until you fully 100% understand every detail of the process...Sometimes I waited longer than expected...
[Pacific Fertility Center has a] Great location, clean, minimal, trendy, and upscale. Theres a coffee and water machine in reception and you can make a tea. The front desk associates are usually pretty friendly. Sometimes I waited longer than expected...$9000 for egg freezing and meds...I wish she [Dr. Isabelle Ryan] would've explained a bit more about the number of eggs actually needed in order to conceive a child. I would've done another round or two of retrievals to be safe. Other than that she provided me with a lot of knowledge of how everything worked, the process, what was to be expected with the injections, side effects, etc. There were no surprises...A
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
I wish she would've explained a bit more about the number of eggs actually needed in order to conceive a child. I would've done another round or two of retrievals to be safe. Other than that she provided me with a lot of knowledge of how everything worked, the process, what was to be expected with the injections, side effects, etc. There were no surprises.
Ask questions until you fully 100% understand every detail of the process.
$9000 for egg freezing and meds