55 Francisco Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
415-834-3095

2014 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Givens took the time to hear me out, answer all of my questions, and help me understand the complexities of all that I had going on...always made herself available to me, meeting me continually with genuine concern...Knowing that I have DOR with a very small piece of one ovary left...Despite the odds, 7 eggs were able to be retrieved, which was practically a miracle in my case.
Pacific Fertility Center is a wonderful clinic with many great doctors...In my experience, you may see other doctors during your process. If this is something you do not want, then be sure to check with your doctor on how you can go about seeing them specifically...do their very best to accommodate you on this and will advise you if your doctor is scheduled to be out of the office...
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Givens was the first Reproductive Endocrinologist that we met with nearly 10 years ago. After being told by many doctors that my case was too complicated and highly unlikely that I would ever get pregnant, Dr. Givens was forthcoming and honest, yet hopeful and willing to try to help us. She has never promised the impossible, always staying honest and upfront. Despite our odds, she still offered us hope and optimism, finding a way through where there has been one. Our case has certainly had it's ups and downs, yet Dr. Givens has helped us feel like valuable humans, and not just another patient. We started our journey at PFC with 4 IUI's, prior to moving on to an IVF cycle. She has always presented our options honestly, helping us make the best call, all while being conscious of our financial means. These procedures were very tricky for us, as I only have a tiny piece of one ovary left. Additionally, I have severe endometriosis, one tube left, a history of PCOS, and a complicated multiple abdominal surgical history. Our journey has been an uphill battle. After moving out of the Bay Area, we sought care at a different clinic due to living hours away from PFC. We attempted another IVF, but it was a bust after no eggs were retrieved during that cycle. We were devastated. Though the RE at the other clinic was nice, it was such a different experience. There, we felt like the doctor/patient connection was just lacking. Gratefully, the opportunity to return to Dr. Givens presented itself and we jumped on it! Being back under her care reminds us that we don't have to feel like we are just a number. This time moving on to FET with donor embryos, we now travel 3 hours away to see her, because she is worth it! In an amazing, yet heartbreaking development, she was able to do what felt like the impossible. After 12 years of infertility, she helped us get pregnant through the gift of embryo donation! Unfortunately, we lost our baby girl a day shy of 14 weeks due to a developmental abnormality. This loss was purely a rare phenomenon, having nothing to do with fertility treatments, genetics, etc. Through our heartbreak and pain, Dr. Givens personally called me to check in, and has provided support like we could not have expected. This kindness from her during our time of grief has only grown our appreciation for the amazing woman that she is. She truly has a heart of gold! It feels like Dr. Givens truly wants us to have a baby just as much as we do, and she is alongside us in this complicated journey. Always professional, and still she has come to feel like family, and that is rare in my experience with other doctors. Our journey is yet to be finished, as we are in the process of another FET with our donor embryos. Regardless of where this journey takes us, we wouldn't want any other doctor by our side, directing and advising us. Dr. Givens will always hold a special place in our hearts! Her care is irreplaceable!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
Come prepared with questions, and be open and willing to listen. As a patient, I like to be informed and have always been prepared with my list of questions. Dr. Givens is very intelligent and also willing to explain when you need it. If you are a patient that advocates for yourself, Dr. Givens seems to value that.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
From my very first appointment, Dr. Givens took the time to hear me out, answer all of my questions, and help me understand the complexities of all that I had going on. She has always made herself available to me, meeting me continually with genuine concern and care for what is best for me. While other doctors have told me that I likely wouldn't have a chance, she has proven them wrong. Dr. Givens has a huge heart and has always gone above and beyond to help make our dreams of building our family come true.
Describe the protocols Carolyn Givens used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Our first course of action years ago began with IUI's. At the time, financially, IVF was out of the question, so opted to try IUI's before moving on to the more expensive options. As time went on, I had a few more surgeries for my severe endometriosis. This likely being the reason for the unsuccessful IUI's, we had to move on. Our first IVF cycle, we learned that my body took longer to respond to the medications that the average patient. Knowing that I have DOR with a very small piece of one ovary left, Dr. Givens stayed the course. Despite the odds, 7 eggs were able to be retrieved, which was practically a miracle in my case. This IVF resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Since moving on to FET with donor embryos, Dr. Givens chose to do a controlled cycle, working with the fact that I have not been having regular cycles these days. Our first FET was a success using this controlled cycle. Though we are now on to our second FET due to a second trimester miscarriage (unrelated to this fertility process), Dr. Givens has us sticking with the controlled cycle again since it worked for us the last time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Nurse - Jennise, Coordinator - Jenelle)
All members of Dr. Givens "care team" have been phenomenal. Especially Jennise, Dr. Givens' Team Nurse. She was one of our nurses from the very beginning and again now since our return. Jennise genuinely cares, remembers us, and goes above and beyond to stay on top of everything. Additionally, she helps me with the many, many questions I have had throughout, never making me feel silly even when my questions may seem that way. Jenelle, our care coordinator has been wonderful as well. She is thorough in her communication and always goes above and beyond.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Pacific Fertility Center is a wonderful clinic with many great doctors. Throughout my time there, I have seen most of the doctors there and they have all been great. These doctors are very busy, doing their best to juggle what seems like very full schedules. In my experience, you may see other doctors during your process. If this is something you do not want, then be sure to check with your doctor on how you can go about seeing them specifically. Being conscious of this since we travel from hours away, I schedule in a way where I can see Dr. Givens specifically since she is so familiar with our case. If this is important to you, simply communicate this to your doctor and care coordinator. In my experience, they do their very best to accommodate you on this and will advise you if your doctor is scheduled to be out of the office during your time of treatment. PFC has worked with me on this better than other clinics I have been to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center.
Dr. Givens has always been very helpful and conscious of our financial means over the years. She lays out all of our options and has been honest when things are necessary and also unnecessary.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Agard was always so warm and made me feel so comfortable! I am a bit of an overthinker and always had so many questions (and anxieties) yet she was patient with me wanting to understand all the details and ask all the what ifs, and reassured me without being dismissive of my concerns...very thorough in explaining protocols and decisions and how they fit for me and my situation, not just bc it was a standard approach...
I loved ALL of the nurses and coordinators at PFC [Pacific Fertility Center] - It was so nice to have a main contact who it felt like knew you and your "case"...Any time I had a question for the care team, regardless of who answered (via phone or email), or delivering good or bad news, they were so compassionate, responsive, understanding and always followed up. Also the nurses during appointments and procedures were amazing...
How was your experience with Jennifer Agard at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Agard was always so warm and made me feel so comfortable! I am a bit of an overthinker and always had so many questions (and anxieties) yet she was patient with me wanting to understand all the details and ask all the what ifs, and reassured me without being dismissive of my concerns - I really got the sense that she's got you. She also has the BEST laugh that just puts you at ease.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Agard at Pacific Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Agard at Pacific Fertility Center?
She was very thorough in explaining protocols and decisions and how they fit for me and my situation, not just bc it was a standard approach.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Agard used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For egg retrieval we did menopur, follistim, ganirelix and she was great at tracking and adjusting as needed. A different Dr at PFC did my retrieval, and we ended up with more eggs than we thought we were going to get, and were really lucky with how many PGS embryos we ended up with. We then did a partially natural/medicated frozen embryo transfer (with Letrozole and natural ovulation) that was unsuccessful. Then she encouraged me to do an ERA so we could have as much data as possible, and we did in fact need an extra 12 hours of progesterone. Then we did another fully medicated FET with estrogen and progesterone shots, which was successful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cera Jane )
I loved ALL of the nurses and coordinators at PFC - It was so nice to have a main contact who it felt like knew you and your "case" even though you didn't meet them in person. Any time I had a question for the care team, regardless of who answered (via phone or email), or delivering good or bad news, they were so compassionate, responsive, understanding and always followed up. Also the nurses during appointments and procedures were amazing (I always had Margaret and she is just the best) - Dr Agard and her whole team are just wonderful.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
At first I was nervous to have different doctors for different appointments especially when decisions were made (eg we're ready to trigger or wait another day) and the various procedures like retrievals and embryo transferred, but it really showed me what an incredible team of doctors make up PFC. Seriously, they were all just SO good and it really felt coordinated and like they knew your situation even though they hadn't been seeing you the whole time. And despite being a larger group/clinic, PFC has a lot of heart and you really feel like a human not just a number!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Agard at Pacific Fertility Center.
Most of our cycles and medications were covered by insurance, but we paid for the embryo biopsy (~$4000) and genetic testing (~$150 per embryo) out of pocket.
Jennifer Agard
San Francisco

She [Dr. Li] recommended IVF from the start as the more effective treatment to achieve our family goals, but also said we were good candidates for IUI...had a strong preference for eSET due to the potential risks connected to a multiples pregnancy...bedside manner is outstanding - she is kind and empathetic while never losing sight of facts and always explained her reasoning for her recommended course of action to achieve the best outcome...She was sensitive to the feelings in the room on any given day and that is an important quality for me when looking for a doctor. I would recommend coming prepared with multiple questions to appointments so Dr. Li can address all your concerns adequately. While I don't think appointments w
Out of 22 eggs, 12 embryos developed and 7 were deemed normal after PGT-A testing [with Pacific Fertility Center]. We proceeded with a rest month and a frozen transfer of one embryo...Kelsey [nurse] was kind, warm and always professional - she always came to say hi to us during appointments, responded quickly to all email communications and overall just made us feel supported throughout treatment...We spent about $30,000 total on all treatments and medications, incl. FET, hysteroscopy and PGT-A testing of 12 embryos.
How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
It seemed to me that Dr. Li adjusts her tone and demeanor to her patients' needs and personality. She was sensitive to the feelings in the room on any given day and that is an important quality for me when looking for a doctor. I would recommend coming prepared with multiple questions to appointments so Dr. Li can address all your concerns adequately. While I don't think appointments were rushed, it is a very busy clinic...Dr. Li offers phone follow-ups should questions come up and we did do that quite a few times.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
Come prepared with questions. I'd also recommend doing your research before appointments to ask about her reasoning behind her recommendations. It helped us understand more about the process of IVF and our particular case and made us feel more at ease knowing that decisions were made based on our individual medical history - not clinic statistics.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Li's bedside manner is outstanding - she is kind and empathetic while never losing sight of facts and always explained her reasoning for her recommended course of action to achieve the best outcome. Her care team is incredibly responsive and helpful - always encouraging and it really feels like you have a strong support system at the clinic who's got your back.
Describe the protocols Liyun Li used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We came to Dr. Li after three cycles of clomid - one resulting in an early miscarriage - and an initial consult with Kaiser Permanente Fertility. She recommended IVF from the start as the more effective treatment to achieve our family goals, but also said we were good candidates for IUI (based on age and the fact that we've gotten pregnant before, all our testing looked normal, no tube blockages). We did two Letrozole IUI cycles - both times the sperm count and motility was very good. After that, we moved on the an Antagonist IVF cycle - Follistim/Menopur/Ganirellix and about 5 monitoring appointments during the cycle. The procedure doctor on the day of my egg retrieval was Dr. Givens, who also did a hysteroscopy a few weeks later to remove some small uterine polyps. Out of 22 eggs, 12 embryos developed and 7 were deemed normal after PGT-A testing. We proceeded with a rest month and a frozen transfer of one embryo - the transfer was done by Dr. Li.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey)
Kelsey was kind, warm and always professional - she always came to say hi to us during appointments, responded quickly to all email communications and overall just made us feel supported throughout treatment.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Beautiful facilities, great front desk team. Expensive fees - but they try to work with you on leveraging whatever insurance you have to reduce costs (for us, that only worked for the initial blood work and testing done at Kaiser).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe Liyun Li's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
Dr. Li had a strong preference for eSET due to the potential risks connected to a multiples pregnancy.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Herbert always makes me feel seen. After he gave me the hard news of my diminished ovarian reserve he handed me a box of tissues, and told me it was okay to cry. He then proceeded to check in on me vial email a few times over the next weeks to see how I was doing. He is always honest and upfront with me, which I asked him to be, but in a kind way. When I asked him for help making a decision on wether or not to test my embryo's from my sisters eggs and donor sperm, he said, if you were my daughter I would tell you to do the testing. I am very happy with my treatment there so far Doctor Nps
I usually missed their [nurses at Pacific Fertility Center's] phone calls with embryo updates and they always left detailed messages. Every time I call to speak with a nurse, someone is available and they take their time answering questions and never make me feel like they are silly questions to ask. If they don't know something they will ask and get back to me asap...At PFC they only transfer 1 embryo at a time. Which I agree with...I think the strength is that it is a welcoming clinic. You walk in and you feel taken care of. Everyone from the front desk staff to the nurses and doctors are friendly and it is a calm space. As with any clinic or medical practice you have to be your own advocate, and yes there were some hiccups, but if you address them, they take care of them right away. They are also open to constructive criticism, or feedback.
How was your experience with Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
As I mentioned before, he treats me like a human being with feelings that are valid. He also has a very calm manner, which puts me at ease.I also never feel rushed or as if he does not have time to speak with me, be it in person or via the phone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Be upfront with him, and he will treat you the way you want to be treated. He will respect your wishes and will not let you do unnecessary treatments just to make the clinic more money. He told me I could still attempt IVF with my own eggs, but that I would most likely end up right back there 3 months down the road with no embryo's and out $30,000. I appreciate that in. a physician.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Carl Herbert (retired) used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I haven't actually done any myself. My sister donated eggs for me and went through one round of IVF. As far as I know they were very good at adjusting and gaging when to up medicines during the stimulation cycle and about guiding her through the process. I am waiting on our SIP to be lifted, so that I can start my FET protocol. They want to do a medicated cycle with medication assistance. Estrogen and Progesterone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
I usually missed their phone calls with embryo updates and they always left detailed messages. Every time I call to speak with a nurse, someone is available and they take their time answering questions and never make me feel like they are silly questions to ask. If they don't know something they will ask and get back to me asap
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center.
$21,000 for my sisters IVF cycle. $4,300 for one FET, does not include meds $375 initial intake consult $395 meeting with Psychiatrist for working with third party (donor eggs) $275 for meeting with genetic counselor, all additional follow ups associated were included
Describe Carl Herbert (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
At PFC they only transfer 1 embryo at a time. Which I agree with
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
I had wanted them to test my sister for CMV status, as that was relevant information I needed to choosing a sperm donor. It was written down that that should be added to her bloodwork, but when the results came back that was not included. So when I called and asked, they apologized and said that there must have been some failure on there part that it had been forgotten. They reordered blood work and processed it free of any additional charge. I did feel bad that my sister had to get stuck again. But I appreciated them owning their mistake and fixing it right away.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Chenette is an absolutely compassionate physician and person in general. He is soft spoken, understanding and made me and husband feel like he genuinely cared about us and treating us. We never felt rushed with him. Never felt like we asked a “stupid” question, although I’m sure we did a time or two. He is very personable and caring. Not to mention extremely dedicated, educated and experience in his field.
The clinic (PFC) is busy ... Roughly 25k for all treatment and medication. ...Clinic is beautiful. It is located in SF so parking can be a hassle if you don’t give yourself a few minutes to park and walk a short distance. ... Our embryos were extensively tested, genetically. ... I had a say in all my treatments. I was given options, along with their strengths and weaknesses.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette is unequivocally the best fertility specialist. From his personal deamenor to his experience as a fertility specialist we believe there is no one better. We would go to him time and time again. We did extensive research and interviews with other fertility specialists before choosing to go with him and we are so grateful we did.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
The clinic (PFC) is busy and you may not get Dr. Chenette for every appointment if your schedule is not flexible. You will not regret choosing him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Philip Chenette used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had a say in all my treatments. I was given options, along with their strengths and weaknesses. Dr.Chenette was my advocate, he gave me the options and essentially let me chose what I wanted. I chose injectable cycles for both egg retrieval and FET due to the discussion my husband and I had with Dr. Chenette. He (Dr. Chenette) believed it would be the most likely to succeed. And it did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Iris)
The “Dr. Chenette Care Team” was astonishing. Organized and always easy to get ahold of. I absolutely adore Iris (LVN).
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Clinic is beautiful. It is located in SF so parking can be a hassle if you don’t give yourself a few minutes to park and walk a short distance. There is a parking garage and street metered parking, none is reimbursed by clinic. Beautiful office with bay view.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center.
Roughly 25k for all treatment and medication.
Describe Philip Chenette's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
We did an eSET FET. Our embryos were extensively tested, genetically. Once again Dr. Chenette went over the risks, pros and cons of eSET and multiple embryo transfer. He highly suggested for an eSET and we agreed.
San Francisco

Pacific Fertility Center is a great clinic that is very modern and offers a serene office space, excellent patient care, high level of service, and has an online portal that made it easy to keep track of appointments, test results, and calendars to track your individual cycles. The only thing I would say is that since it is located deep in the heart of San Francisco, traffic may be hard to navigate through.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Ryan was very professional and compassionate during all of my appointments. She took the time to answer all of my questions and always kept me updated on where I stood in the process of my egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and post care. She is very blunt and that may turn some patients off, but I do enjoy that style because it helped me truly make realistic expectations for our treatment and make informed decisions regarding my care. This was a big help to me emotionally because it helped me stay grounded for whatever the results would be after all of our processes that include egg retrieval, genetic testing of the embryos, our own genetic testing, and chances for success with the embryo transfers and preparation of the lining. She even went as far to recommend an ERA test prior to our actual embryo transfer due to my medical history and we were allowed to do our own research and make the decision to proceed or not on our own. She did not pressure us either way. That proved that she was really paying attention to my health history and was doing all that she can to increase our chances of a successful transfer. Overall, I really enjoyed working with Dr. Ryan and her approach to care really meshed with my expectations and made me feel confident with every decision along the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
One piece of advice to those prospective patients of Dr. Isabelle Ryan is to do your research prior to your first consultation. Come prepared with questions you may have and really use that time to dig in and have a deep conversation about your possible treatment, areas of concern, and get her opinion on your overall chances for success given your medical history and reasons for infertility. When you come prepared, that will instantly make your appointments more meaningful and keep you more informed to make decisions regarding your own care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
I felt that I was treated like a human with respect because Dr. Ryan took her time to go over all of the scenarios and statistics regarding my specific situation and laid out realistic expectations for this journey through IVF. Her team constantly checked in on me and their response time to my calls and emails was fantastic. They really do focus on caring for the patient.
Describe the protocols Isabelle Ryan used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Egg Retrieval Treatment included daily dosages of follistim and menopur, and later included ganirelix. This was successful and resulted in 43 eggs retrieved. ICSI was used to combine my eggs with my spouses semen to produce embryos. We then proceeded with PGS testing for the resulting 9 embryos that made it to day 5. Of those 9 embryos, we had 3 healthy embryos with no chromosomal abnormalities. We also did ERA testing to make sure my lining would be receptive prior to the actual embryo transfer. Once the ERA testing came back, we proceeded with the Frozen Embryo Transfer based on the timing listed in the ERA report. Due to my age, we did ESET and implanted one embryo which has resulted in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alvi)
Alvi was the absolute sweetest and most caring nurse. She was an excellent communicator of all of my care and was diligent to follow up in a reasonable time on all inquiries I had regarding my care and appointments. She had excellent bed manner and always took the time to make sure all of my questions were answered.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center.
Genetic Consult - $395 Horizon Screening - $199 Medications - $2500 Single Cycle Fee which includes Office Visits, Ultrasound, Estradiol, Anesthesia, Egg Retrieval, Facility, Lab, Embryo Freezing and one year Storage, Embryo Biopsy - $13,915 PGS Testing on up to 8 embryos - $2170 ($325 for each additional embryo) Frozen Embryo Transfer - $3175 ERA Testing - $1000 + $600 for actual test at Natera
Describe Isabelle Ryan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
I appreciate Dr. Ryan suggesting we go with eSET instead of multiple embryo transfers because of my age and high risk pregnancy if we were to have multiples. I agree with her approach and it showed that she was not only focused on doing everything she could to increase our chances of success, but also was looking out for my own health. She took the time to explain her reasoning and I was confident with this approach given all of the facts.

2015 - 2019, Successful
I saw her [Dr. Liyun Li] over the course of 5 years. We originally went in just to do embryo cryopreservation, but along the way, I found out that I had a genetic kidney condition, adenomyosis, and only 1 working ovary. So we went through the whole process with her (3 cycles with PGD and PGS testing) and transferred when we were ready...We ended up with 6 PGD/PGS tested embryos...started my treatment by trying to prevent my Adenomyosis from growing in preparation for another transfer,
My coordinator [at Pacific Fertility Center] was fantastic, and all of the nurses I worked with were also fantastic. They have a dedicated email just for Dr. Li’s team, and whenever I had a question or concern, they would usually get back to me within a couple hours. If I needed immediate attention, I could call and talk to one of the nurses on Dr. Li’s team, and they also had an after hours line that would reach whichever doctor was on call. They were very organized and everyone has been wonderful.
How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
She is a wonderful doctor and we couldn’t be any happier with the results. I trust her completely and if I could do it all over again, I would still choose her as my doctor. I saw her over the course of 5 years. We originally went in just to do embryo cryopreservation, but along the way, I found out that I had a genetic kidney condition, adenomyosis, and only 1 working ovary. So we went through the whole process with her (3 cycles with PGD and PGS testing) and transferred when we were ready. The only reason we had to do 3 cycles was because I only had 1 working ovary (50% less follicles), and then PGD testing would cut that number by 50%. So we did several cycles and batch tested them all at once, rather than testing after every cycle. We ended up with 6 PGD/PGS tested embryos. When we were ready to transfer, 8 months later, our first transfer woth her was textbook. We ended up with a very healthy baby boy. We came back a year and a half later to try it again for a second, and Dr. Li started my treatment by trying to prevent my Adenomyosis from growing in preparation for another transfer, but that transfer ended up in a chemical. When it didn’t work, Dr. Li immediately did her best to give us all of our options and added a few changes to my treatment (such as adding an ERA cycle to give us more information) to help with the next transfer. I ended up pregnant at the next transfer, which was just a couple months later. So out of 3 single embryo transfers, we ended up with 2 pregnancies (I have a 2 year old and am currently 5 months pregnant)! So we are very happy with the results. I saw her on most of my visits, she did 2 retrievals out of 3, and she transferred all 3 times. Throughout all of this, I was always able to either schedule a call with her or contact her nurses and get an immediate response with any questions. They often follow up with me, even through my pregnancy, though I’m now under the care of my OB. I have been very satisfied under her care and under her team’s care. I know every circumstance is different, but Dr. Li is an exceptional results driven doctor who is very caring and compassionate, and I would absolutely recommend her.
Don’t be afraid to ask any questions or reach out to her team. She is very nice, and her team is very responsive!
Dr. Li is extremely caring, gentle, and I felt very confident in her care. She is just a very nice person in general, and I never felt rushed or like it was just a transaction. She always explained everything very thoroughly to us and was genuine about doing her best to provide the best outcome for our situation.
I don’t remember specifics, but I do know that all of her strategies were effective, and she was very on top of monitoring me in case any changes needed to be made. I did not feel disappointed at any time, or feel like we should have done something different.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jerilie Grajo)
My coordinator was fantastic, and all of the nurses I worked with were also fantastic. They have a dedicated email just for Dr. Li’s team, and whenever I had a question or concern, they would usually get back to me within a couple hours. If I needed immediate attention, I could call and talk to one of the nurses on Dr. Li’s team, and they also had an after hours line that would reach whichever doctor was on call. They were very organized and everyone has been wonderful.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
I think PFC is a wonderful office. I am very happy with my experience. I think they run a very organized and efficient office, and I’ve had a wonderful experience with them over the course of 5 years.
- Cycle Fees: Approx 13K - PGD and PGS Fees paid to Lab: Approx 6K - Medication paid to Pharmacy: Approx 3-4K - FET: Approx 3K
I was very confident in elective single embryo transfer at this clinic because they have very high standards when it comes to which embryos make the cut. They only choose the highest quality top grade embryos, and I am confident with that method. The process of transfer can be very exhausting, both physically and mentally, and I would only want to go through with it with high quality embryos for a higher success rate. Aside from that, there are a lot of risks associated with multiple embryo transfer, both to the mother and babies. So I’m happy that PFC only does single embryo transfer.

2017 - 2018, 18 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Herbert answered my questions until I felt comfortable with the procedure, and he set realistic expectations on number of eggs to expect. There were a couple of times when he was robotic with his replies, but overall, I felt like I was tried as a person...explained what he was observing during the ultrasounds and when he was reviewing blood work in a clear way Weaknesses: Not warm and fuzzy, if that is important to you
Strength [at Pacific Fertility Center]: Patient portal where test results and ultrasounds are available. At the initial stages, they offer phone consults. If you are uncomfortable with giving yourself injections, they can connect you with a nursing service that does it. Weakness: Parking can be difficult sometimes. They don't have specific support programs for single mothers...Nursing staff was great; they had a positive attitude and were friendly. Care coordinator was fine; she was initially annoyed with me because I had decided to start the egg freezing process at the last minute, so I had to rush order my medication.
Strengths: Set realistic expectations on number of eggs expected; explained what he was observing during the ultrasounds and when he was reviewing blood work in a clear way Weaknesses: Not warm and fuzzy, if that is important to you
He is objective and clear, but not a cheerleader if that is what you need
My protocol was the following: Follistim 200 IU for first 4 days Menopur 75 IU for first 4 days -- Ultrasound & estradiol test; medication adjusted Menopur 75 IU for 3 days Ganirelix Acetate 250 mcg for 3 days Follistim 225 IU for 3 days -- Ultrasound & estradiol test; medication continued Follistim 225 IU for 2 days Menopur 75 IU for 2 days Ganirelix Acetate 250 mcg for 2 days Retrieval injection for retrieval 36 hrs later
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Letty)
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Strength: Patient portal where test results and ultrasounds are available. At the initial stages, they offer phone consults. If you are uncomfortable with giving yourself injections, they can connect you with a nursing service that does it. Weakness: Parking can be difficult sometimes. They don't have specific support programs for single mothers.
Medication costs were $2000-2500; doctor's services were $9000
San Francisco

Dr. Li is so caring. She didn't sugar coat things. She explained everything so thoroughly, and if we didn't understand, she clarified to ensure we did. Instead of seeing poor results online, she first called to explain what we would be seeing and why she thinks we got the results we did.... Dr. Li showed a genuine interest in us and was open to new things that we wanted to try the second time around. She always wrote very clear instructions on our charts so that when a new doctor picked it up on a weekend (when she wasn't working), t
While the clinic [Pacific Fertility Ctr] feels a bit like a factory, they know their stuff, and everyone we've come in to contact with has been so nice. They always answer the phone, and wait times are non existent. I was crying at the check out counter one time, and they handed me a tissue. The staff is really top notch and the facilities are clean. It's a beautiful clinic.... This stuff isn't cheap! But, the financial coordinator explained what you were being charged and for what.
How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Li showed a genuine interest in us and was open to new things that we wanted to try the second time around. She always wrote very clear instructions on our charts so that when a new doctor picked it up on a weekend (when she wasn't working), they were able to understand it without any confusion. She was always on time, yet never rushed an appointment. There were times when I would be crying in her office, and she kept it together yet showed sympathy and care all at the same time.
Ask a lot of questions because she will answer all of them.
Dr. Li is so caring. She didn't sugar coat things. She explained everything so thoroughly, and if we didn't understand, she clarified to ensure we did. Instead of seeing poor results online, she first called to explain what we would be seeing and why she thinks we got the results we did. She worked very closely with my husbands doctor so everyone was on the same page, and she never rushed an appointment. She always followed through with questions we had that she couldn't answer and made sure we got answers as soon as possible whether it was from the financial team or the lab manager.
We found out my husband suffers from azoospermia due to varicocele veins in the testes. He had the veins repaired, but sperm counts are still too low to conceive naturally. For my first egg retrieval, we used Menopur and Follistim, then Ganirelix and Lupron. They retrieved 38 eggs, 29 of which were mature. We had to do ICSI due to low sperm counts. We ended up having zero fertilization, meaning no eggs were fertilized. We aren't 100% sure why, but all parties assume it was due to my my husbands poor sperm quality. We then decided to try it again, and the second time to add Human Growth Hormone into the mix, and kept all other injections the same. We also tried oocyte activation the second time around to give the fertilization process an extra boost. They retrieved 47 eggs this time, and 39 were mature. We decided to inject 20 eggs with the best sperm we could, and freeze the other 19 eggs. This was my decision, and Dr. Li supported me in that. I just didn't want to have to do another egg retrieval if we experienced failed fertilization again on all eggs. We ended up having 11 eggs fertilize, and 4 made it to blastocyst. We sent all 4 for genetic testing, and all 4 are now frozen. We are getting ready to begin the transfer stage where we will transfer 1 embryo.
I worked with Jerilie for both egg retrievals. She was caring, thorough, and always on top of my schedule and plan. She worked closely with the team, and communicated clearly to me and my husband.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
While the clinic feels a bit like a factory, they know their stuff, and everyone we've come in to contact with has been so nice. They always answer the phone, and wait times are non existent. I was crying at the check out counter one time, and they handed me a tissue. The staff is really top notch and the facilities are clean. It's a beautiful clinic.
This stuff isn't cheap! But, the financial coordinator explained what you were being charged and for what. They also tried to help you get coupons for injections. They also told me when I could get blood drawn at other labs that my insurance covered.
Because the underlying issue is on my husband's side, and we have 4 good embryos, my doctor suggests only transferring a single embryo.
San Francisco
Dr. Schriock always listens to my concerns and addresses them in a gentle manner. When I was super nervous and shaking before my egg retrieval he held my hand in his and told me that this was a perfectly normal reaction and that I was doing great and would be fine. I felt very understood and cared for... In our first meeting with Dr. Schriock I was a little overwhelmed by the pace of his information delivery, but every meeting after that I felt he listened well and responded to me as an individual.
They [Pacific Fert Ctr] have really early morning appointments for most things, so I didn't have to miss that much work. I feel the staff all works well together as a team. They have been very kind and pleasant all the way from doctors to receptionists....The only criticism I have is that there were a few questions I asked that if they didn't know the answer they would say information I had already heard from them. But they also always talked to a doctor and got back to me when I pressed a bit.
How was your experience with Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
I have only been through the first half of one cycle so far: stimulation drugs and egg retrieval. Dr. Schriock. However my husband and I have already been unusual patients because my husband was hospitalized and had a few procedures to determine if he had lymphoma right before and during my cycle. Dr. Schriock spoke with us personally when this came up, listened well and gave advice. In our first meeting with Dr. Schriock I was a little overwhelmed by the pace of his information delivery, but every meeting after that I felt he listened well and responded to me as an individual.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
If you take some time to think of questions make a list before your appointment, and be prepared to ask him to slow down if necessary .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Joanna)
The nursing staff has been great. Very gentle, comforting, and good at painless blood draws! For my IV for my egg retrieval they even numbed my arm a bit so I wouldn't feel it, and they had a heating pad on top of my hospital gown so it was warm when I got there. They explain everything clearly. The only criticism I have is that there were a few questions I asked that if they didn't know the answer they would say information I had already heard from them. But they also always talked to a doctor and got back to me when I pressed a bit.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
I have only been through half of a cycle so far, so this is hard for me to answer. They have really early morning appointments for most things, so I didn't have to miss that much work. I feel the staff all works well together as a team. They have been very kind and pleasant all the way from doctors to receptionists.
San Francisco
Dr. Ryan was very knowledgeable and forthcoming with her recommendations, at the same time respecting our decisions around care and process even when if differed from her recommendations. ... Dr. Ryan is very direct but I appreciated her frankness. It allowed us both to have open and authentic communication about expectations, treatments, and procedures. ... I feel like Dr. Ryan nailed my medication dosages perfectly.
PFC was excellent. The facility is immaculate. All the staff was friendly and organized. Appointments were easy to schedule. They provided clear next step documentation to keep you organized. Appointments always were on time, with very little wait time in the exam rooms. ... Every person I interacted with on Dr. Ryan's team was excellent. They always responded to my emails in a timely manner, most times within hours.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Ryan is very direct but I appreciated her frankness. It allowed us both to have open and authentic communication about expectations, treatments, and procedures. I felt very confident in her treatment decisions. We felt like she was our strongest advocate.
Have open and authentic communication. Feel confident in taking her advise as well as making the decisions that are best for your family, she will support whatever is the best decision for you.
I feel like Dr. Ryan nailed my medication dosages perfectly. I once saw another doctor at the practice for an ultrasound and he changed my medication dosage. After reviewing the doctor's recommendations Dr. Ryan's team called me shortly after my appointment to negate the other doctors recommendations and to stick to Dr. Ryan's protocol. I got excellent numbers for my retrieval and I think Dr. Ryan's medication dosage is one of the contributing factors to that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Doris)
Every person I interacted with on Dr. Ryan's team was excellent. They always responded to my emails in a timely manner, most times within hours. It was so helpful to know that there was someone to answer all my questions or concerns no matter how small they were.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Dr. Ryan encouraged elective single embryo transfer over multiple embryo transfers, which was on the same page as us. But I also feel confident Dr. Ryan would of supported our decision even if it differed from her recommendation as long as it was safe.
San Francisco

Dr. Chenette is very caring, genuine and sympathetic. He spends time going over the procedure, what he is doing or will do and answers any and all questions. He is open to setting up 30 minute phone consults to answer questions. He is extremely thorough. There was only two times where I felt he could have been more sympathetic-- both times involved him explaining about men's sperm quality vs women's egg quality....Don't expect that he will be the one doing your procedure; it may be another doctor at the same clinic.
The clinic [Pacific Fert] is extremely organized. The facility is really nice and the nursing staff is great. One weakness is the clinical coordinator I was partnered with...The nurse was very helpful in answering all my questions. The nursing staff was great-- extremely friendly, helpful, and kind. I did not like my care coordinator, Laura Begay. She was always busy, all conversations felt rushed and she was not compassionate at all. There were numerous times I was at the office and wanted to meet her face to face, but she never once introduced herself to me in person and every time I asked the staff if she was available, she was too busy. Once her part is complete, she is quick to pass off other issues to other staff. She is very to the point and blunt and I wished many times she showed a little compassion to me.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette is very caring, genuine and sympathetic. He spends time going over the procedure, what he is doing or will do and answers any and all questions. He is open to setting up 30 minute phone consults to answer questions. He is extremely thorough. There was only two times where I felt he could have been more sympathetic-- both times involved him explaining about men's sperm quality vs women's egg quality. He seemed very pro-male, stating that the majority of the time the issue is in the women. Even if that is true, and I trust him, it doesn't sound great coming out. Also, after our first retrieval, he mentioned that my husband did a "great job" and made it seem like I didn't. I was overly sensitive at the time (extra hormones) and wished that he didn't say it like that but rather, be more sensitive in the way he phrased that comment. I know he means well. He is extremely genuine and overall a great doctor.
Don't expect that he will be the one doing your procedure; it may be another doctor at the same clinic. Ask a lot of questions because he is great at answering them.
Doctor Chenette is very caring and genuine. He speaks softly, remains calm and he spends times to explain things and answer questions.
First retrieval: 200 IU of Follistim; 150IU of Menopur; prenatal vitamin, HCG trigger shot and lupron two nights(?) before retrieval. Baseline ultrasound day 2 of cycle and Ultrasounds during the stim process. Second retrieval (in process): 200 IU of Follistim, Morning and evening 10 units of Lupron, .2ml LD hCG, prenatal vitamin and CoQ10 and DHEA.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is extremely organized. The facility is really nice and the nursing staff is great. One weakness is the clinical coordinator I was partnered with. Her name is Laura Begay and she was not compassionate at all.
roughly $22K for the retrieval and around $3K for medication (1st time) second time: roughly $15K for retrieval and around $1500 for medication
Dr. Chenette is an advocate for single embryo transfer. He strongly discourages multiple embryo transfer

2012 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Schriock has been very open to our questions, to trying slightly different approaches to our cycles, takes our feedback and input seriously and continues to apply current research to our situation. He has been open to trying things that may not be scientifically proven, but seem to make a difference for me in getting a positive pregnancy result. He has listened to us and while he gives us his medical opinion, there are decisions we are able to make based on the info he provides (rather than being told what to do). He's very open to collaborating with others and when we realized we were dealing with recurrent pregnancy loss, he created the path for me of what doctors/specialists to see (outside of the clinic) so that we could all come back together with all the info gathered to create a next step forward. He brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the table and when I feel all hope is lost, he brings some hope back to us.
I've dealt with several coordinators [at Pacific Fertility] (cycle coordinators and sperm donor coordinator) and all were very good with communication, answering questions and providing all info needed (with patience)...The front office seems well coordinated with check-in, check-out and processing paperwork...Insurance claims are processed by the office even though for me they are out of network. Questions about my contract or financial/payment info has been handled professionally and promptly. Possible weakness: there seems to be a somewhat high turnover of medical assistants.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Even though you are the patient, be your own advocate. Speak up for what feels right for you and your situation. Dr. Schriock will answer your questions and listen to your concerns and ideas, so speak up! He tends to talk quickly so make sure if you are not done talking, or still trying to process what has been said, ask him to repeat it. Utilize Dr. Schriock's care team for asking questions during your cycle.
We have been through a very difficult and painful journey with male infertility and poor egg quality due to my age (after two rounds of IVF). We've had 3 miscarriages, one of which at 15 weeks. The doctors and staff at PFC have gotten to know us and care about what we've been through. Dr. Schriock continues to support us with realism but a sense of hope and is always open to talking to us and trying to figure out what to do next. He's been with us to see two twin pregnancies at the moment we discovered the heartbeats had stopped. We've been going to PFC for about 4.5 years so it is a place that has become part of our journey in addition to being our doctor's office.
Describe the protocols Eldon Schriock (retired) used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My IVF cycles were in 2012 and 2013 so I don't recall the precise protocols. For embryo transfers post-IVF I did a few natural cycles but then had to cancel a cycle as my body was not cooperating. For the majority of my embryo transfer cycles, I have done "controlled" cycles with Delestrogen (20mg/ml) and Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate (50mg/ml). Delestrogen is a twice a week IM injection, then Progesterone is added in 6 days prior to FET and is a daily IM injection and would continue through 10 weeks of pregnancy. One of our treatment strategies we have tried several times is to do an endometrial scratch the cycle prior to the FET cycle. While there is no conclusive evidence that this will increase the chances of pregnancy, my last two pregnancies followed this plan. (these pregnancies ended in miscarriage). Results: IVF#1: pregnant but lost at 15 weeks IVF#2: negative 1 more FET with own eggs - negative Donor egg IVF Results: (I believe these were all controlled cycles) Donor FET#1-not pregnant Donor FET#2 - pregnant twins/lost pregnancy (did endometrial scratch prior to FET) Donor FET#3 - chemical pregnancy Donor FET #4 and #5 - negative Donor FET #6 - pregnant twins/lost pregnancy (did endometrial scratch prior to FET) Donor FET #7 - negative (did endometrial scratch prior to FET)
Since I have been going to PFC since 2012, I have met and interacted with many nurses and my main nurse contact has changed a few times. However, I have been very pleased with the nursing staff. Especially under times of emotional stress/trauma, there were a couple that stood out in particular with their support and compassion. I have always been pleased with my cycle coordinators, especially when I got to work with someone consistently who knew my history. Joanna in particular has been my main nurse contact for a while and she has been very quick to respond to questions and concerns especially with use of email. The front office has done very well getting me in touch with her over the phone. She has been very open to being a resource to me for questions and to reach out to when I have negative outcomes to my transfers. She's always been patient with me in appointments when I ask for explanations or extra help with coordinating my schedule with appointments.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The front office seems well coordinated with check-in, check-out and processing paperwork. I always get prompt service when calling in and getting directed to the appropriate person or coordinating a call back. Insurance claims are processed by the office even though for me they are out of network. Questions about my contract or financial/payment info has been handled professionally and promptly. I've dealt with several coordinators (cycle coordinators and sperm donor coordinator) and all were very good with communication, answering questions and providing all info needed (with patience). Possible weakness: there seems to be a somewhat high turnover of medical assistants. This can be somewhat frustrating. Other concerns: This clinic is likely not in your insurance plan. For me, they are out of network. Payment has to be made upfront, leaving you to figure out how to come up with the funds ahead of time (loans, credit cards, etc). It is important to consider what the cost will be to go with someone in network, vs out of network. Looking back on my process, Dr. Schriock was highly recommended to me so I decided to go there, but financially it would have been better to go to an in-network facility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center.
IVF #1 and #2 approx $12,000 each (2012, 2013) FET #3 approx $3,000 (2013) All further FETs were part of a contract for the Donor egg IVF. Our entire out of pocket cost for DEIVF with one year contract for unlimited FETs was approx $50,000. Contract was extended for further FETs until March 2017. Frozen Embryo storage fee per year: $600 Sperm storage fee: $300 per year (as I recall)
Describe Eldon Schriock (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
Dr. Schriock's plan is to limit pregnancy risk with multiples. He's very focused on the health of the mother and the baby. He takes into consideration, the quality of embryos, health of the mother and age and our personal preferences to guide us to a decision. While he highly encourages single embryo transfer in my case, he is open to our requests and to discuss pros/cons of transferring up to 2 embryos. I have transferred 2 on our first IVF round, got pregnant with 1. On one other occasion due to repeated FET's resulting in negative results, I decided to transfer 2 embryos in hopes of increasing my chances. NOTE: This was my decision with my husband, where Dr. Schriock recommended one, but supported our decision to try two. This did result in a twin pregnancy which i lost. The bottom line, is that Dr. Schriock will highly advise doing single transfer but is open to discuss your personal wishes.

2014 - 2016, 22 Eggs Frozen
I can't [remember] if Dr Givens or another dr harvested my eggs. I had such great results and felt so comfortable overall there that it didn't matter. I've met with her twice recently to discuss next steps (turning my frozen eggs into embryos and implantation to become pregnant) and she is open to answering any and all questions I have and new information I may have read up on that she hasn't heard about yet...things are happening quickly in this field.
You are going almost daily if not daily for a week when your eggs are growing and I think I saw a different dr [at Pacific Fertility Center] each day for the sonogram. I liked all but one. Her bedside manner was nonexistent and I think she laughed at one of my questions in a scoffing manner. I already felt like an alien growing eggs and full of hormone shots so I didn't need this dr I had never met acting that way. I gave that feedback during my "exit interview" after my eggs were frozen. T
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
During an egg retrieval cycle, you see one of the doctors that's available when you go into the office. You are going almost daily if not daily for a week when your eggs are growing and I think I saw a different dr each day for the sonogram. I liked all but one. Her bedside manner was nonexistent and I think she laughed at one of my questions in a scoffing manner. I already felt like an alien growing eggs and full of hormone shots so I didn't need this dr I had never met acting that way. I gave that feedback during my "exit interview" after my eggs were frozen. They seemed genuinely interested in knowing how I felt about my interaction with that dr. Everyone else was great. I can't rem if Dr Givens or another dr harvested my eggs. I had such great results and felt so comfortable overall there that it didn't matter. I've met with her twice recently to discuss next steps (turning my frozen eggs into embryos and implantation to become pregnant) and she is open to answering any and all questions I have and new information I may have read up on that she hasn't heard about yet...things are happening quickly in this field.
Ask a lot of questions and do your research. For the egg retrieval portion, it's pretty straightforward and takes up a month of your life. I've found that it's better to talk to as many people as possible when moving forward with the rest of the IVF process. There are many more moving parts and things to know.
PFC does a lot of business. That's just a fact and it's obvious when you're in the office and when you call in. This is not really your friendly neighborhood doctors office with just your Dr or a couple docs, it's a practice and a center with a lot going on. I like that it was this way. It feels both high end (makes you think modern and successful in producing live births) and super professional.
The drugs I took were Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and HCG. I ended up going for a couple more days to let the eggs get even bigger so I needed more Menopur which I was able to pick up at the office (PFC). They keep drugs on hand for this last minute purpose as the rest comes in the mail ahead of your cycle. I ended up with 28 eggs retrieved and 22 were frozen. Given my age at the time of 39.5, I would have to think her protocol worked well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I had a team and email stream with team on it. )
I don't think I had a specific nurse, but I did have a coordinator and team assigned to me. I was able to email my team specifically so the best person could always pick up my question and respond. When you are in your cycle, you are always able to reach someone and get really fast service. I think they work weekends. When I called after hours, a dr called me right back to answer my question.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Strengths: professional, discreet, convenient location to get in and out of, highly qualified doctors, the office feels brand new, fancy fertility lab onsite surrounded by glass so you can see them when leaving, their own egg donation center across the hall from their offices, very responsive when you are an active patient, nice nurses and doctors, your own financial contact who handles your payments and answers any questions you may have.
I think my total fees for egg retrieval in 2014 was $12,000. That included all of my drugs. I think the finance person grossly underestimated how much my drugs would be. The dr. Also added more at the end to let my eggs "cook" a bit more. On their price sheet in 2014, they list X-Cycle Fee as $8,345. They say this includes 4 of each of the following---office visits, ultrasounds, Estradiol as well as one of each of the following---anesthesia, egg retrieval, facility, lab, cryo preservation & one yr of storage ($600). Blood testing, ultrasound and at least one office visit were covered by my insurance as they will not cover fertility treatments, but do pay for "diagnostic procedures and tests provided in connection with infertility evaluation. Office visits and consultation used to diagnose infertility."

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Ryan was very encouraging even when it felt like a long never ending road, but in the end she was right on and set clear expectations and met them...Although she may not make small talk, she is always there to answer questions and never rushes you...Dr. Ryan was excellent. Although her fist impression on the phone was not the best, in person she explained everything clearly. She proceeded to be very caring, very thorough and I trust her immensely. I would highly recommend her. C
Communication with the nurses [at Pacific Fertility Center] was also easy over email and the online portal kept everything very organized. At times fertility treatment can be overwhelming but the staff, nurses and doctors all make it as easy as it can be....It's a nice space with kind people. They were always on time. The cost were always straightforward. I just wish I had had more assistance coordinating with my insurance company.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Ryan was excellent. Although her fist impression on the phone was not the best, in person she explained everything clearly. She proceeded to be very caring, very thorough and I trust her immensely. I would highly recommend her. Communication with the nurses was also easy over email and the online portal kept everything very organized. At times fertility treatment can be overwhelming but the staff, nurses and doctors all make it as easy as it can be.
I was diagnosed with annovulation a and possible PCOS. I had tried letrozole for several months prior to seeing Dr. Ryan (with my ob/gyn). We tried IUI with letrozole twice without any success. I then had a very successful egg retrieval (34) and had the eggs tested and then frozen (20). We then did the first transfer with only a brief chemical pregnancy, but the second time it worked and I'm now 10 Weeks pregnant.
They were always very clear on what to do next with calendars and always took time to explain all the injections and procedures. They were also very responsive by email and phone.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
I don't remember this off hand but it is all clear on the website. It was straightforward.

2014 - 2016, Successful
My husband and I were so pleased with the first consultation. Dr Li listened to our journey, made suggestions and always respect our feelings. My husband likes to have an analytical response on the probability outcomes and Dr. Li always gave him great answers...As a patient, I always felt that Dr. Li was there for me. We could schedule a phone call with her anytime we wanted to discuss something important, and the most difficult times, when i had the miscarriages she always took time to talk to us. She respected that i wanted to have a little time until i would feel better but at the time she would talk to her I felt the comfort that she knew what i was going thru and she cared for me.
At Pacific fertility center you always do talk to a human being and to make the first consultation appointment as well as any other appointment with your Doctor, Counselor etc. I am very impressed of how efficient the Clinic is 2. The Clinic is very clean and have an amazing decoration, you don't feel you are in the middle of a hospital. 3. While wait in the reception to be called, the view of the pier is incredible, there are lots of magazines for you to pick one and read, the music is very relaxing and you can get a hot beverage as well...
How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
As a patient, I always felt that Dr. Li was there for me. We could schedule a phone call with her anytime we wanted to discuss something important, and the most difficult times, when i had the miscarriages she always took time to talk to us. She respected that i wanted to have a little time until i would feel better but at the time she would talk to her I felt the comfort that she knew what i was going thru and she cared for me. We would talk about what happened, and we would do other test like Endometrial Receptivity Array and other blood test to check Immune system issue etc. I always felt so much better after talking to Dr Li. After the transfer of my last embryo and an unsuccessful pregnancy, we had to think what to do. For my surprise, my company announced that our insurance plan added the Infertility treatment but unfortunately PFC is not in the insurance list clinics. The last call that we had with Dr. Li i was in tears and Dr Li said that my dream is the first priority that she will support me and understood that i have to choose another clinic because of the insurance coverage. Dr. Li is an amazing professional but also a wonderful human being. We always had her support and compassion in the years of our journey at PFC.
Dr. Li has lots of knowledge about the infertility issues. Make sure to schedule the appointments either in person or via phone. Make a list of all your questions because she will answer all of them.
In 2014, we decided to choose another Infertility clinic because we were going to move out from Texas and relocate to the Bay Area. After doing some research online, I liked the reviews of Pacific Fertility Center in San Francisco. I had no idea which doctor to pick and when i called to make an appointment on the day that we were available in SF it was Dr Liyun Li who was available. My husband and I were so pleased with the first consultation. Dr Li listened to our journey, made suggestions and always respect our feelings. My husband likes to have an analytical response on the probability outcomes and Dr. Li always gave him great answers. For instance , i had tried for the second time to retrieve my own eggs and check whether we could have a day 5 blastocyst, i knew that being over 40 it would be difficult but we wanted to try. We had a long conversation with Dr. Li about the results. Dr Li. explained every detail and always answered any question we had. When Dr. Li told us that we could still continue to try to retrieve my own eggs because we could get a good quality egg but it would take around 10 or more egg retrievals, she spoke my husbands language, giving us an explanation in the statistic way. We love Dr. Li and we will always be grateful that we had an opportunity to have her as our RE doctor.
I had 4 embryos - day 5 blastocyst and the protocol used was : 1. Ultrasound and blood test on the 2nd or 3rd day of the cycle 2. Start Delestrogene shots -every 2 or 3 days -0.2 ml 3. after 10 days ultrasound and blood test 4. Start Progesterone - Ethyl oleate 1 ml - 5 days prior to Embryo transfer 5. Emnbryo transfer after 5 days of Progesterone shots 6. Continue shots of progesterone every day, and delestrogene 2 x week 7 . after 9 days, blood test HCG Beta 8. if positive continue with progesterone and delestrogene until reach week 9
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
I don't know how i would survived without the Dr Lis Care team. When I had just a random question, i would send them an email and i always got a response on the same day. When i started to bleed when i was pregnant the nurse would call me in less than an hour and I could make an appointment if I felt something was wrong. I will always be grateful for a special nurse : Lindsay. She is my hero. She used to send me cards by mail, I used to cry with a smile on my face and felt so much happiness when reading her words. She was always checking on me after a negative HCG or a miscarriage and i felt a lot of comfort by having her there at PFC
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
I had to do research while I lived in Texas and here in the San Francisco area and i have to say that Pacific Fertility clinic is really a top on the service. Find below my points. 1. When you choose a new Infertility clinic and you are a new patient, usually you have to talk to a central office or a different number of the clinic. I experienced that i had to answer a questionnaire and leave a detail message on the answering machine, lots of clinics don't answer and you never talk to a human being to make the first consultation, HOWEVER at Pacific fertility center you always do talk to a human being and to make the first consultation appointment as well as any other appointment with your Doctor, Counselor etc. I am very impressed of how efficient the Clinic is 2. The Clinic is very clean and have an amazing decoration, you don't feel you are in the middle of a hospital. 3. While wait in the reception to be called, the view of the pier is incredible, there are lots of magazines for you to pick one and read, the music is very relaxing and you can get a hot beverage as well 4. I had to change the clinic and i need to send historical data , letter from the Counselor etc, i am still sending emails to PFC requesting documents and they are always in contact with me sending me what i need to proceed to the other clinic
I went thru the following procedures: 1. Egg retrieval : Medication around $4000 , each ultrasound $255 , each blood test $150 , hcg test $135 2. frozen Egg donor - total $21000 each embryo transfer : $2900 Embryo Transfer 950.00 US Guidance for Embryo Transfer 315.00 Assisted Hatching 685.00 Prep Embryos 575.00 Thaw Embryos 375.00 Progesterone - $360 3 vials Delestrogene - $230 each vial each ultrasound $255 , each blood test $150 , hcg test $135
I hear a lot of debates regarding to eSET and multiple, but my reaction about just do a eSET was positive, since the goal of the treatment is to have a health baby and a health mom, which for me it's sufficient to approve the eSET

2014 - 2016, Successful
he [Dr. Herbert] connected with me, wanted me to be successful, was completely honest about my odds and yet was rooting for me the entire time...He was also very compassionate and caring. He also thought outside of the box, learned from my first canceled cycle and was successful the second time. Where other doctors would have stopped he kept going and tried...is direct and to the pony. This may not be for everyone. I personally really liked it.
With drugs a cycle was about $15,000 [at Pacific Fertility Center] but that did not include genetic testing...PFC is very professional, organized and efficient. I loved my whole experience there! Everyone from the ladies who check you in, to the financial coordinators to the lab staff was excellent. They all went out of their way to help me...Both Kat and Marris went above and beyond to care for me by checking in, offering emotional support, emails, phone calls, getting me free stim drugs bc my stim cycles were so long.
Dr. Herbert is direct and to the pony. This may not be for everyone. I personally really liked it. He was also very compassionate and caring. He also thought outside of the box, learned from my first canceled cycle and was successful the second time. Where other doctors would have stopped he kept going and tried.
To be honest and to know that he will try his absolute best for you.
Because he connected with me, wanted me to be successful, was completely honest about my odds and yet was rooting for me the entire time.
below were drugs for my first cycle where I had a positive pregnancy, second cycle was the same minus the Letrozole. Both cycles we did extended stim an additional 7 days for a total of 20 days bc of my endometriosis. Medication SIG Quantity Refill Substitution Lupron MD (1:10 dilution) 50 mcg/0.1mL - Vial 1:10 Dilution (1mg/0.2mL), final conc 50 mcg/0.1 mL) Dispense 4 mL vial. Sig: Take 10 units BID as directed. 1 1 DAW Syringe 1/2 cc (U100) Insulin - - - - As directed. 22 1 DAW Follistim AQ Cartridge 300 IU - Injection As directed. 8 1 DAW Menopur w/ Q-cap vial adapters 75 IU - Vial As directed. 13 1 DAW Syringe 3cc 20g 1.5 in - - - - As directed. 14 1 DAW Needle 27g or 29g 0.5 in - - - - As directed. 12 1 DAW Needle 25g 1.5 in - - - - As directed. 2 1 DAW Sharps Container - - - - As directed. 1 0 DAW Letrozole 2.5 mg - Tablets 2 tab po on CD3 - 7 10 1
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kat and Marris)
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
With drugs a cycle was about $15,000 but that did not include genetic testing.
We did multiple embryo transfer for both. He let me make a decision I was comfortable with.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Chenette was very forward but also compassionate when we first met with him during our initial consultation. My partner and I were both young and that point and were not necessarily ready to start treatment right away. We explained that to [him] and he was not aggressive towards us at all...I was than given letrozole to take on cd 3 to 7, went in for ultrasounds about twice during my ovulation phase and than gave myself the ovation trigger shot. During my two week wait I was given a progesterone suppository to take nightly
Most of the communication I had was actually through them [Pacific Fertility Center nurses]. They would provide with me charts to remember when to take my medication, what time to take certain tests and were also very compassionate with my loss...The team was very helpful in coordinating with my insurance and explaining the costs and also helped me find the best deal for out of pocket expenses.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette was very forward but also compassionate when we first met with him during our initial consultation. My partner and I were both young and that point and were not necessarily ready to start treatment right away. We explained that to the Dr. and he was not aggressive towards us at all. We decided to start treatment about 6 months after our initial visit and he was there to greet us and explained everything in detail. Being that it was our first time going through fertility treatment we had so many questions and he never hesitated to answer any of them. Our first round of IUI treatment did not work and he changed my dosage of medication to have a better chance next time. When we experienced the pre term/stillbirth of our son we were heart broken. Dr. Chenette reached out to us and let us know how sorry he was for us. When we decided we wanted to try again he made sure that we were ready not only physically but mentally as well.
If you have any questions beforehand, make sure to write them down and bring them with you to your appointment to get as much information as you can before starting treatment.
The doctors and nurses bedside manner was so warm. On my first positive pregnancy I was on edge and constantly asking questions and they were always quick to respond and make me feel so comfortable
I was first prescribed progesterone to jumpstart my period. I was than given letrozole to take on cd 3 to 7, went in for ultrasounds about twice during my ovulation phase and than gave myself the ovation trigger shot. During my two week wait I was given a progesterone suppository to take nightly. This first cycle ended in a negative test and the Dr. increased my dosage for letrozole for the next cycle. Same procedure was followed and this cycle resulted in a positive pregnancy test. I unfortunately lost my son at 21 weeks this cycle. After about 3 months of my son passing, we began trying again with the same procedure. The first cycle was a negative test and the next 2 cycles were positive but not ended in early miscarriages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was just as great as Dr. Chenette. Most of the communication I had was actually through them. They would provide with me charts to remember when to take my medication, what time to take certain tests and were also very compassionate with my loss. I remember on my first visit back to to the office after my loss, they had a huge bouquet of beautiful flowers for me. This simple gesture showed how compassionate they are as a team.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
My husn=band and I had gone to many different clinics for consultations and ultimately decided on Pacific fertility center because of all the great qualities they had. This included the dr, the nurses and all staff. The location was great as well. Although it was by the Embarcadero in san Francisco, public transportation was available and very close by. I honestly cannot think of anything negative to say about the clinic, although unfortunately I was not able to have a live birth, I do not believe it has anything to do with the clinic or the team. I expressed to them after my last miscarriage that my husband and I would be taking a break from any treatment for a while and they were very understanding and made sure that I would be welcome when I decided to try again.
I was fortunate to have some of my expenses covered through my insurance. For each ultrasound appointment I believe I paid about $300. Most of my medication was a covered by insurance as well. I did have to pay out of pocket for the trigger shot which cost about $150. The team was very helpful in coordinating with my insurance and explaining the costs and also helped me find the best deal for out of pocket expenses.
San Francisco

My treatment was pretty standard [with Dr. Liyun Li]- it was my first retrieval...very kind and smart - I felt like I was in trustworthy and knowledgable hands. She doesn't rush conversations - and makes herself available whenever needed. She's very approachable - I didn't feel uncomfortable asking any questions...Be prepared to be given a lot of data - which is obviously important. But also make sure you fully understand the process. And ask lots of questions - Dr. Li is more than happy to answer any and all.
Very nice and welcoming facilities [at Pacific Fertility Center] - I felt like a human and not part of a machine. Never had to wait, was always called by my name, there were max one or two other people in the waiting room. They clearly know what they're doing and all of the providers impressed me. The one thing they can work on is bettering their communication regarding the process itself. During your consultation they go over all of the statistics and risks - which was of course important. But I was very confused about next steps - that could be streamlined tremendously.
How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr Li is very kind and smart - I felt like I was in trustworthy and knowledgable hands. She doesn't rush conversations - and makes herself available whenever needed. She's very approachable - I didn't feel uncomfortable asking any questions.
The clinic itself is great - it's not like others where I've heard it's like a factory. You're not in the waiting room with a million other people - you never have to wait for more than five minutes. It's a higher level of care.
My treatment was pretty standard- it was my first retrieval.
Very kind, organized, available
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Very nice and welcoming facilities - I felt like a human and not part of a machine. Never had to wait, was always called by my name, there were max one or two other people in the waiting room. They clearly know what they're doing and all of the providers impressed me. The one thing they can work on is bettering their communication regarding the process itself. During your consultation they go over all of the statistics and risks - which was of course important. But I was very confused about next steps - that could be streamlined tremendously.
$16k for monitoring, retrieval, testing, and storage. About another $1k for consultations and bloodwork.

2020, Unknown Success
I have low ovarian reserve and she [Dr. Givens] wanted to used the highest dose of medictaion for stimulation because of my age. She felt it was our best shot...She does not typically do multiple embryo transfer due to the risks associated with twins. I support this completely...I felt respected. I fellt she had enough time for me. I never felt rushed. She answered all my questions earnestly and revealed when she diden't know something.
I the clinic [Pacific Fertility Center] is extremely well organized...The clinic itself was a pleasure to visit, all windows with view of the San Francisco Bay. I always liked being up there with those views! The lab is encased in glass walls so you can look into it as you walk down the hall and see the embyologists in their white coats at work, which I thought was really cool...
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
I felt respected. I fellt she had enough time for me. I never felt rushed. She answered all my questions earnestly and revealed when she diden't know something. I the clinic is extremely well organized.
Ask questions
My impression is that she wanted to give be honest accurate information and did that directly and gently. I felt she liked me and cared about me as a person.
I have low ovarian reserve and she wanted to used the highest dose of medictaion for stimulation because of my age. She felt it was our best shot. My cycle is currently postponed due to COVID.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jerile Grajo)
They are very organized. I started my care just before COVID-19 so the clinic was dealing with a lot of disruption and stress and they seemed to handle it very well with good communication.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Strength: very well organized, professional. Weakness: I wish they provided free support groups. The clinic itself was a pleasure to visit, all windows with view of the San Francisco Bay. I always liked being up there with those views! The lab is encased in glass walls so you can look into it as you walk down the hall and see the embyologists in their white coats at work, which I thought was really cool.
21,000 for the IVF cycle
Describe Carolyn Givens's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
San Francisco

Be willing to hear the hard truth, this is not a doctor [Dr. Ryan] that will sugar coat it for you. ... She warmed up the more I met with her. And she tailored each cycle to me. ... She advised starting with IVF, but due to financial my husband and I did IUI to start with Letrozole. She adjusted my dosage as we went. Then we switched to IVF, with 300 Folistim and 150 menopur, I just had a canceled cycle due to poor responding (3 folicles- 1 mature), so we did another IUI. I am currently in 2ww
You never want to know the staff at a fertility clinic, but every time I was there [Pacific Fertility Center] they were so nice and even started to recognize me. ... Scheduling with them is pretty easy, I love that they are open on the weekends and early mornings before work. My doctor and team was always available to answer questions and I liked that I could email them.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
I had read that she was not the most warm of doctors. But I really appreciate information, and I know she had the latest facts and was very up front with my husband and I on what to expect and I appreciate that.
Be willing to hear the hard truth, this is not a doctor that will sugar coat it for you.
She warmed up the more I met with her. And she tailored each cycle to me. At this clinic sometimes you can see different doctors and I had an ultrasound with one and she followed up with me the same day and changed a protocol based on the fact she knew my history.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
You never want to know the staff at a fertility clinic, but every time I was there they were so nice and even started to recognize me.
Ultrasounds cost $330 iui cost $495 IVF round without medications about 19,000
San Francisco
He is straightforward and still compassionate, reviews our file before every appointment so he is up to date. Sometimes I wish I could get more answers or even speculation out of him, or more ideas of alternative things we could try....he does push IVF and donor eggs quickly, so push back if you're not ready.... The care team at PFC is quite empathetic and doctors are all nice, though overall the place is a bit of a factory
The care team at PFC is quite empathetic and doctors are all nice...Pros: Clean, fancy equipment, professional, beautiful location, allows phone appts, offers some mind-body services...overall the place is a bit of a factory and seem to minimize time with doctor as much as possible....they definitely push donor eggs and IVF early...Nurses respond quickly to emails, and in person all are very nice and helpful....you will rarely see your own doctor - it's whoever is on duty.
We were ok with it, but he does push IVF and donor eggs quickly, so push back if you're not ready.
The care team at PFC is quite empathetic and doctors are all nice, though overall the place is a bit of a factory and seem to minimize time with doctor as much as possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center.
Nurses respond quickly to emails, and in person all are very nice and helpful. Coordinator was a bit annoying - kept getting mixed up with what our treatment plan was and forced a bunch of extra appointments.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Pros: Clean, fancy equipment, professional, beautiful location, allows phone appts, offers some mind-body services (but not by default), fairly good service-wise, pretty on-time and easy to get appts when you want them Cons: expensive, it is most definitely a factory and doctors stay on time by spending very little time with each appt, sticking to standard protocols with little customization, they definitely push donor eggs and IVF early Pro or Con: you will rarely see your own doctor - it's whoever is on duty.
IVF with genetic testing full cycle (stims w ICSI + transfer) is around $25k IUI around $2k, but i'm not sure about these numbers
promotes eSET, and i am good with that
San Francisco
He [Dr. Schriock] took lots of time to review all history even though I had already started treatment in NYC. He ran tests and reviewed with me personally. Has not rushed us into IVF but considering choices...is very knowledgeable and helped make a timeline and game plan for upcoming procedures...I have PCOS and was encouraged to see how the IUI process goes while also getting a sample from my husband and being able to see how those counts were. It’s was a good way to test the waters and the medications without a lot of risk.
[The nurse at Pacific Fertility Center is] very kind and friendly. Seems to rush a bit but she knows what she’s doing and is very organized...First appointment was approx $300. During IUI each ultrasound is approx $325 total IUI was $3500 or so...Eset is encouraged “for the health of the baby”...Office is friendly and clean. Doesn’t feel like a factory. Everything flows easily and they are very welcoming. Check in and out at different counters. Nurses run the show and are very friendly and attentive. Doctors are informed and ready thanks to lots of office support.
Dr. Schriock is very knowledgeable and helped make a timeline and game plan for upcoming procedures. The office is kind and friendly. I’m still have treatment ongoing at the office and hopefully will lead to pregnancy soon
Do your research. Lots of info and details will come from meetings so it’s best to be prepared
He took lots of time to review all history even though I had already started treatment in NYC. He ran tests and reviewed with me personally. Has not rushed us into IVF but considering choices.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
She’s very kind and friendly. Seems to rush a bit but she knows what she’s doing and is very organized. Also friendly!!
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
First appointment was approx $300. During IUI each ultrasound is approx $325 total IUI was $3500 or so. The facility is “out of network” for all coverage except 2 very rare providers.
Eset is encouraged “for the health of the baby”
San Francisco

She [Dr. Carolyn Givens] is very no-nonsense and not super warm-and-fuzzy. But that was fine with me. All of the doctors at PFC had different personalities, some I liked better and some I liked less - but it was the overall competency of the center that was most important to me...One small thing - when Dr Givens called to share my PGS results, she said the male embryo had a slightly less promising Chromosome 21 result. It was actually one of the female embryos. Simple confusion, but could have changed my choice of embryo to transfer if I hadn't read the results myself.
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
She is candid, no-nonsense, not super warm-and-fuzzy but very competent and was genuinely happy with the positive outcome. Some PFC physicians I liked more and some I liked less, but it was the overall competence of the center that was important to me.
She is very no-nonsense and not super warm-and-fuzzy. But that was fine with me. All of the doctors at PFC had different personalities, some I liked better and some I liked less - but it was the overall competency of the center that was most important to me.
I went in with very good numbers and was doing IVF because it was the straightest route to pregnancy as a single woman. My cycle involved Follistim, Menpur, Ganirelix, and a bit of Lupron late in the cycle. It was a straight-forward stimulation and retrieval. Upon embryo transfer I was on progesterone and HCG.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
AMAZING. Can't speak highly enough of the nurses and care coordinators.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
PFC is a smooth operation. I like their facilities and appreciated how competently they executed on my care.
Roughly $22,000
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
She [Dr. Carolyn Givens] strongly preferred transferring 1 embryo. So did I so we didn't discuss it much...was compassionate, honest and direct. She and her staff always remembered my name, my husband's name and the status of my case. She handled delivering bad news well. She was very clear with me about my prognosis and what my options were...She was on time for my appointments... was direct and clear on my prognosis from the beginning.
Nurses [at Pacific Fertility Center] were compassionate and super organized. I always knew what was happening, when and why. I was set home with great documents and knew what do to next...My only complaint was how they operated with egg donors. They had a strong preference for anonymous donors and we didn't so we definitely requested a couple of things that came across as exceptions. Also, after we left the clinic (because we moved), we were notified of a storage tank failure. I think they handled it pretty well, but I was not at all affected so it's hard for me to know that for sure.
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr Givens was direct and clear on my prognosis from the beginning. She was on time for my appointments. She answered my many, many questions, and she explained my treatment well. My previous answer covers everything else.
I would give them advice to anyone looking at any RE. Be specific about their success rates for your type of case.
Dr Givens was compassionate, honest and direct. She and her staff always remembered my name, my husband's name and the status of my case. She handled delivering bad news well. She was very clear with me about my prognosis and what my options were.
I don't remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but don't remember)
Nurses were compassionate and super organized. I always knew what was happening, when and why. I was set home with great documents and knew what do to next.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
PFC came across as "fancy" when I first went, though ultimately the quality of the care I received across the board helped a lot. I never felt like I was just a number. My only complaint was how they operated with egg donors. They had a strong preference for anonymous donors and we didn't so we definitely requested a couple of things that came across as exceptions. Also, after we left the clinic (because we moved), we were notified of a storage tank failure. I think they handled it pretty well, but I was not at all affected so it's hard for me to know that for sure.
She strongly preferred transferring 1 embryo. So did I so we didn't discuss it much.