55 Francisco Street
San Francisco, CA 94133

Dr. Schriock always listens to my concerns and addresses them in a gentle manner. When I was super nervous and shaking before my egg retrieval he held my hand in his and told me that this was a perfectly normal reaction and that I was doing great and would be fine. I felt very understood and cared for... In our first meeting with Dr. Schriock I was a little overwhelmed by the pace of his information delivery, but every meeting after that I felt he listened well and responded to me as an individual.
They [Pacific Fert Ctr] have really early morning appointments for most things, so I didn't have to miss that much work. I feel the staff all works well together as a team. They have been very kind and pleasant all the way from doctors to receptionists....The only criticism I have is that there were a few questions I asked that if they didn't know the answer they would say information I had already heard from them. But they also always talked to a doctor and got back to me when I pressed a bit.
How was your experience with Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
I have only been through the first half of one cycle so far: stimulation drugs and egg retrieval. Dr. Schriock. However my husband and I have already been unusual patients because my husband was hospitalized and had a few procedures to determine if he had lymphoma right before and during my cycle. Dr. Schriock spoke with us personally when this came up, listened well and gave advice. In our first meeting with Dr. Schriock I was a little overwhelmed by the pace of his information delivery, but every meeting after that I felt he listened well and responded to me as an individual.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
If you take some time to think of questions make a list before your appointment, and be prepared to ask him to slow down if necessary .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Joanna)
The nursing staff has been great. Very gentle, comforting, and good at painless blood draws! For my IV for my egg retrieval they even numbed my arm a bit so I wouldn't feel it, and they had a heating pad on top of my hospital gown so it was warm when I got there. They explain everything clearly. The only criticism I have is that there were a few questions I asked that if they didn't know the answer they would say information I had already heard from them. But they also always talked to a doctor and got back to me when I pressed a bit.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
I have only been through half of a cycle so far, so this is hard for me to answer. They have really early morning appointments for most things, so I didn't have to miss that much work. I feel the staff all works well together as a team. They have been very kind and pleasant all the way from doctors to receptionists.
San Francisco
Dr. Ryan was very knowledgeable and forthcoming with her recommendations, at the same time respecting our decisions around care and process even when if differed from her recommendations. ... Dr. Ryan is very direct but I appreciated her frankness. It allowed us both to have open and authentic communication about expectations, treatments, and procedures. ... I feel like Dr. Ryan nailed my medication dosages perfectly.
PFC was excellent. The facility is immaculate. All the staff was friendly and organized. Appointments were easy to schedule. They provided clear next step documentation to keep you organized. Appointments always were on time, with very little wait time in the exam rooms. ... Every person I interacted with on Dr. Ryan's team was excellent. They always responded to my emails in a timely manner, most times within hours.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Ryan is very direct but I appreciated her frankness. It allowed us both to have open and authentic communication about expectations, treatments, and procedures. I felt very confident in her treatment decisions. We felt like she was our strongest advocate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Have open and authentic communication. Feel confident in taking her advise as well as making the decisions that are best for your family, she will support whatever is the best decision for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Isabelle Ryan used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I feel like Dr. Ryan nailed my medication dosages perfectly. I once saw another doctor at the practice for an ultrasound and he changed my medication dosage. After reviewing the doctor's recommendations Dr. Ryan's team called me shortly after my appointment to negate the other doctors recommendations and to stick to Dr. Ryan's protocol. I got excellent numbers for my retrieval and I think Dr. Ryan's medication dosage is one of the contributing factors to that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Doris)
Every person I interacted with on Dr. Ryan's team was excellent. They always responded to my emails in a timely manner, most times within hours. It was so helpful to know that there was someone to answer all my questions or concerns no matter how small they were.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe Isabelle Ryan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
Dr. Ryan encouraged elective single embryo transfer over multiple embryo transfers, which was on the same page as us. But I also feel confident Dr. Ryan would of supported our decision even if it differed from her recommendation as long as it was safe.
San Francisco
He is straightforward and still compassionate, reviews our file before every appointment so he is up to date. Sometimes I wish I could get more answers or even speculation out of him, or more ideas of alternative things we could try....he does push IVF and donor eggs quickly, so push back if you're not ready.... The care team at PFC is quite empathetic and doctors are all nice, though overall the place is a bit of a factory
The care team at PFC is quite empathetic and doctors are all nice...Pros: Clean, fancy equipment, professional, beautiful location, allows phone appts, offers some mind-body services...overall the place is a bit of a factory and seem to minimize time with doctor as much as possible....they definitely push donor eggs and IVF early...Nurses respond quickly to emails, and in person all are very nice and helpful....you will rarely see your own doctor - it's whoever is on duty.
We were ok with it, but he does push IVF and donor eggs quickly, so push back if you're not ready.
The care team at PFC is quite empathetic and doctors are all nice, though overall the place is a bit of a factory and seem to minimize time with doctor as much as possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center.
Nurses respond quickly to emails, and in person all are very nice and helpful. Coordinator was a bit annoying - kept getting mixed up with what our treatment plan was and forced a bunch of extra appointments.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Pros: Clean, fancy equipment, professional, beautiful location, allows phone appts, offers some mind-body services (but not by default), fairly good service-wise, pretty on-time and easy to get appts when you want them Cons: expensive, it is most definitely a factory and doctors stay on time by spending very little time with each appt, sticking to standard protocols with little customization, they definitely push donor eggs and IVF early Pro or Con: you will rarely see your own doctor - it's whoever is on duty.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center.
IVF with genetic testing full cycle (stims w ICSI + transfer) is around $25k IUI around $2k, but i'm not sure about these numbers
Describe Eldon Schriock (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
promotes eSET, and i am good with that
San Francisco
He [Dr. Schriock] took lots of time to review all history even though I had already started treatment in NYC. He ran tests and reviewed with me personally. Has not rushed us into IVF but considering choices...is very knowledgeable and helped make a timeline and game plan for upcoming procedures...I have PCOS and was encouraged to see how the IUI process goes while also getting a sample from my husband and being able to see how those counts were. It’s was a good way to test the waters and the medications without a lot of risk.
[The nurse at Pacific Fertility Center is] very kind and friendly. Seems to rush a bit but she knows what she’s doing and is very organized...First appointment was approx $300. During IUI each ultrasound is approx $325 total IUI was $3500 or so...Eset is encouraged “for the health of the baby”...Office is friendly and clean. Doesn’t feel like a factory. Everything flows easily and they are very welcoming. Check in and out at different counters. Nurses run the show and are very friendly and attentive. Doctors are informed and ready thanks to lots of office support.
Dr. Schriock is very knowledgeable and helped make a timeline and game plan for upcoming procedures. The office is kind and friendly. I’m still have treatment ongoing at the office and hopefully will lead to pregnancy soon
Do your research. Lots of info and details will come from meetings so it’s best to be prepared
He took lots of time to review all history even though I had already started treatment in NYC. He ran tests and reviewed with me personally. Has not rushed us into IVF but considering choices.
Describe the protocols Eldon Schriock (retired) used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
She’s very kind and friendly. Seems to rush a bit but she knows what she’s doing and is very organized. Also friendly!!
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
First appointment was approx $300. During IUI each ultrasound is approx $325 total IUI was $3500 or so. The facility is “out of network” for all coverage except 2 very rare providers.
Eset is encouraged “for the health of the baby”

2013 - 2018, Successful
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Eldon is extremely empathetic and always took time to answer my questions. This was very different than my experience with a different Dr. at PFC and another Dr. at another clinic. He seemed to truly care about the outcome.... Empathetic, caring and passionate. He is up on all the latest research as well as the way things were done in the past. He always made himself available to me and took every extra step and precaution possible.
Very professional and organized. Extremely responsive and well-staffed. The one weakness would be that the place [PFC] looks like a profit-making center. It's nice to go through this in comfortable facilities, but sometimes I wondered if I could have paid a couple thousand less if it wasn't a downtown location with beautiful views.... [Nurse] On top of every detail and responsive. Never lost patience with my constant questions and desire for detail.
Go in as soon as possible if you are 35 or older.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Very professional and organized. Extremely responsive and well-staffed. The one weakness would be that the place looks like a profit-making center. It's nice to go through this in comfortable facilities, but sometimes I wondered if I could have paid a couple thousand less if it wasn't a downtown location with beautiful views.
We only had one so there was no decision but PFC's materials made it very clear why they believe in eSET.
San Francisco

Dr. Li is very knowledgable and competent. ... She made an individualized plan as to when to do an ultrasound for IUI. ... She is friendly and asks about my wellbeing. ... She also sets up phone consultations so that you don't always have to pay for office visits, which is nice. ... Ask about an HSG test (for blocked tubes). She didn't bring it up until I inquired about it. ... She is friendly and compassionate. She treats patients as individuals.
The office [Pacific Fertility Center] is very beautiful. The care team is very efficient. They are open during holidays, for example, Thanksgiving day, which is amazing. There are great doctors and nurses. I feel very well taken care of there. ... The nurses are wonderful. Very on top of things and very empathetic. My care coordinator, Erica, is competent, but not as compassionate as the nurses and doctors. She is on top of things though.
How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Li is very knowledgable and competent. She is friendly and compassionate. She treats patients as individuals. I highly recommend her. She also sets up phone consultations so that you don't always have to pay for office visits, which is nice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
She made an individualized plan as to when to do an ultrasound for IUI. I tend to ovulate early, so she had be come in earlier in my cycle. She is friendly and asks about my wellbeing.
Describe the protocols Liyun Li used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Letrozole IUI
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The office is very beautiful. The care team is very efficient. They are open during holidays, for example, Thanksgiving day, which is amazing. There are great doctors and nurses. I feel very well taken care of there. I live in Oakland but drive to SF for this clinic because I like it better than the Reproductive Science Center. PFC also has really good success rates.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center.
IUI $475. Ultrasound $330 each. Ovidrel $92.
San Francisco

Set a great treatment plan that gave me 400 times better than expected results. Explained the process throroughly and provided a good summary of results at the end. The Dr [Chenette] was available through nurses to answer questions and was key to making my experience a good one...Don’t expect to see him on every visit, but know that he is available for questions and the other doctors on staff are also fantastic...I was on a moderate dose of menopur and follistim for 11 days. My trigger was a mixed lupron/hcg due to having a large number of follicles.
Clinic [Pacific Fertility Center] is well run and organized. They are open on weekends and easy to communicate with. Everything is well explained and the process went very smoothly for me from my visit visit to subsequent ones. I had zero problems getting appointments when I needed them...Smooth process, quick response to questions and easy scheduling...Full cost with all visits was approximately 21k... he [Dr. Chenette] is available for questions and the other doctors on staff are also fantastic.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Set a great treatment plan that gave me 400 times better than expected results. Explained the process throroughly and provided a good summary of results at the end. The Dr was available through nurses to answer questions and was key to making my experience a good one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Smooth process, quick response to questions and easy scheduling
Describe the protocols Philip Chenette used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Clinic is well run and organized. They are open on weekends and easy to communicate with. Everything is well explained and the process went very smoothly for me from my visit visit to subsequent ones. I had zero problems getting appointments when I needed them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center.
Full cost with all visits was approximately 21k.
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr Isabel Ryan is smart and patient she knows that this is a difficult situation and clarified any questions we had. She was open about what the next steps would be and did not sugar coat anything. She asked us to call her anytime we had any questions and when my husband needed further clarification we received it by talking to dr Ryan.... She informed me that with previous doctors results she does not see me naturally using my own eggs
The clinic [Pacific Fertility Center- San Francisco] is. Lean and everyone is friendly. The weaknesses would be trying to get a quick appointment is a little difficult. You would need to wait at least 2 weeks to get in all of your appointments in.... Everyone was nice and understood that we were there because of something difficult that was happening.... Just going in to see the doctor is $350 every time. We have the cost for the genetic counselor any medications from $10-500 any blood work is around $200 and so much more
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
To ask lots of questions and write down anything you may forget.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: A team of people )
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is. Lean and everyone is friendly. The weaknesses would be trying to get a quick appointment is a little difficult. You would need to wait at least 2 weeks to get in all of your appointments in.
San Francisco

Dr. Chenette is very caring, genuine and sympathetic. He spends time going over the procedure, what he is doing or will do and answers any and all questions. He is open to setting up 30 minute phone consults to answer questions. He is extremely thorough. There was only two times where I felt he could have been more sympathetic-- both times involved him explaining about men's sperm quality vs women's egg quality....Don't expect that he will be the one doing your procedure; it may be another doctor at the same clinic.
The clinic [Pacific Fert] is extremely organized. The facility is really nice and the nursing staff is great. One weakness is the clinical coordinator I was partnered with...The nurse was very helpful in answering all my questions. The nursing staff was great-- extremely friendly, helpful, and kind. I did not like my care coordinator, Laura Begay. She was always busy, all conversations felt rushed and she was not compassionate at all. There were numerous times I was at the office and wanted to meet her face to face, but she never once introduced herself to me in person and every time I asked the staff if she was available, she was too busy. Once her part is complete, she is quick to pass off other issues to other staff. She is very to the point and blunt and I wished many times she showed a little compassion to me.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette is very caring, genuine and sympathetic. He spends time going over the procedure, what he is doing or will do and answers any and all questions. He is open to setting up 30 minute phone consults to answer questions. He is extremely thorough. There was only two times where I felt he could have been more sympathetic-- both times involved him explaining about men's sperm quality vs women's egg quality. He seemed very pro-male, stating that the majority of the time the issue is in the women. Even if that is true, and I trust him, it doesn't sound great coming out. Also, after our first retrieval, he mentioned that my husband did a "great job" and made it seem like I didn't. I was overly sensitive at the time (extra hormones) and wished that he didn't say it like that but rather, be more sensitive in the way he phrased that comment. I know he means well. He is extremely genuine and overall a great doctor.
Don't expect that he will be the one doing your procedure; it may be another doctor at the same clinic. Ask a lot of questions because he is great at answering them.
Doctor Chenette is very caring and genuine. He speaks softly, remains calm and he spends times to explain things and answer questions.
First retrieval: 200 IU of Follistim; 150IU of Menopur; prenatal vitamin, HCG trigger shot and lupron two nights(?) before retrieval. Baseline ultrasound day 2 of cycle and Ultrasounds during the stim process. Second retrieval (in process): 200 IU of Follistim, Morning and evening 10 units of Lupron, .2ml LD hCG, prenatal vitamin and CoQ10 and DHEA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Iris)
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is extremely organized. The facility is really nice and the nursing staff is great. One weakness is the clinical coordinator I was partnered with. Her name is Laura Begay and she was not compassionate at all.
roughly $22K for the retrieval and around $3K for medication (1st time) second time: roughly $15K for retrieval and around $1500 for medication
Describe Philip Chenette's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
Dr. Chenette is an advocate for single embryo transfer. He strongly discourages multiple embryo transfer

2012 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr Schriock has been very open to our questions, to trying slightly different approaches to our cycles, takes our feedback and input seriously and continues to apply current research to our situation. He has been open to trying things that may not be scientifically proven, but seem to make a difference for me in getting a positive pregnancy result. He has listened to us and while he gives us his medical opinion, there are decisions we are able to make based on the info he provides (rather than being told what to do). He's very open to collaborating with others and when we realized we were dealing with recurrent pregnancy loss, he created the path for me of what doctors/specialists to see (outside of the clinic) so that we could all come back together with all the info gathered to create a next step forward. He brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the table and when I feel all hope is lost, he brings some hope back to us.
I've dealt with several coordinators [at Pacific Fertility] (cycle coordinators and sperm donor coordinator) and all were very good with communication, answering questions and providing all info needed (with patience)...The front office seems well coordinated with check-in, check-out and processing paperwork...Insurance claims are processed by the office even though for me they are out of network. Questions about my contract or financial/payment info has been handled professionally and promptly. Possible weakness: there seems to be a somewhat high turnover of medical assistants.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Even though you are the patient, be your own advocate. Speak up for what feels right for you and your situation. Dr. Schriock will answer your questions and listen to your concerns and ideas, so speak up! He tends to talk quickly so make sure if you are not done talking, or still trying to process what has been said, ask him to repeat it. Utilize Dr. Schriock's care team for asking questions during your cycle.
We have been through a very difficult and painful journey with male infertility and poor egg quality due to my age (after two rounds of IVF). We've had 3 miscarriages, one of which at 15 weeks. The doctors and staff at PFC have gotten to know us and care about what we've been through. Dr. Schriock continues to support us with realism but a sense of hope and is always open to talking to us and trying to figure out what to do next. He's been with us to see two twin pregnancies at the moment we discovered the heartbeats had stopped. We've been going to PFC for about 4.5 years so it is a place that has become part of our journey in addition to being our doctor's office.
My IVF cycles were in 2012 and 2013 so I don't recall the precise protocols. For embryo transfers post-IVF I did a few natural cycles but then had to cancel a cycle as my body was not cooperating. For the majority of my embryo transfer cycles, I have done "controlled" cycles with Delestrogen (20mg/ml) and Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate (50mg/ml). Delestrogen is a twice a week IM injection, then Progesterone is added in 6 days prior to FET and is a daily IM injection and would continue through 10 weeks of pregnancy. One of our treatment strategies we have tried several times is to do an endometrial scratch the cycle prior to the FET cycle. While there is no conclusive evidence that this will increase the chances of pregnancy, my last two pregnancies followed this plan. (these pregnancies ended in miscarriage). Results: IVF#1: pregnant but lost at 15 weeks IVF#2: negative 1 more FET with own eggs - negative Donor egg IVF Results: (I believe these were all controlled cycles) Donor FET#1-not pregnant Donor FET#2 - pregnant twins/lost pregnancy (did endometrial scratch prior to FET) Donor FET#3 - chemical pregnancy Donor FET #4 and #5 - negative Donor FET #6 - pregnant twins/lost pregnancy (did endometrial scratch prior to FET) Donor FET #7 - negative (did endometrial scratch prior to FET)
Since I have been going to PFC since 2012, I have met and interacted with many nurses and my main nurse contact has changed a few times. However, I have been very pleased with the nursing staff. Especially under times of emotional stress/trauma, there were a couple that stood out in particular with their support and compassion. I have always been pleased with my cycle coordinators, especially when I got to work with someone consistently who knew my history. Joanna in particular has been my main nurse contact for a while and she has been very quick to respond to questions and concerns especially with use of email. The front office has done very well getting me in touch with her over the phone. She has been very open to being a resource to me for questions and to reach out to when I have negative outcomes to my transfers. She's always been patient with me in appointments when I ask for explanations or extra help with coordinating my schedule with appointments.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The front office seems well coordinated with check-in, check-out and processing paperwork. I always get prompt service when calling in and getting directed to the appropriate person or coordinating a call back. Insurance claims are processed by the office even though for me they are out of network. Questions about my contract or financial/payment info has been handled professionally and promptly. I've dealt with several coordinators (cycle coordinators and sperm donor coordinator) and all were very good with communication, answering questions and providing all info needed (with patience). Possible weakness: there seems to be a somewhat high turnover of medical assistants. This can be somewhat frustrating. Other concerns: This clinic is likely not in your insurance plan. For me, they are out of network. Payment has to be made upfront, leaving you to figure out how to come up with the funds ahead of time (loans, credit cards, etc). It is important to consider what the cost will be to go with someone in network, vs out of network. Looking back on my process, Dr. Schriock was highly recommended to me so I decided to go there, but financially it would have been better to go to an in-network facility.
IVF #1 and #2 approx $12,000 each (2012, 2013) FET #3 approx $3,000 (2013) All further FETs were part of a contract for the Donor egg IVF. Our entire out of pocket cost for DEIVF with one year contract for unlimited FETs was approx $50,000. Contract was extended for further FETs until March 2017. Frozen Embryo storage fee per year: $600 Sperm storage fee: $300 per year (as I recall)
Dr. Schriock's plan is to limit pregnancy risk with multiples. He's very focused on the health of the mother and the baby. He takes into consideration, the quality of embryos, health of the mother and age and our personal preferences to guide us to a decision. While he highly encourages single embryo transfer in my case, he is open to our requests and to discuss pros/cons of transferring up to 2 embryos. I have transferred 2 on our first IVF round, got pregnant with 1. On one other occasion due to repeated FET's resulting in negative results, I decided to transfer 2 embryos in hopes of increasing my chances. NOTE: This was my decision with my husband, where Dr. Schriock recommended one, but supported our decision to try two. This did result in a twin pregnancy which i lost. The bottom line, is that Dr. Schriock will highly advise doing single transfer but is open to discuss your personal wishes.

2011 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr Givens was a good communicator, empathetic and professional. She has a conservative approach. She recommended the same protocol 9 times, all which failed, and when I asked multiple times if there was anything experimental I could try she said no, you should think about using a surrogate...If you... do not need a touchy feeling Dr, she is a good fit. She is quick, direct and to the point which I actually appreciate...If you want a doctor that is going to think outside the box, do research on your behalf and bring you all the latest information available whether she agrees with the treatment or not, she is not the right fit for you.
PFC is fancy. Very nice, clean and huge for SF. They have appointments before work hours (8:30am) and there is plenty of parking in the area. Office tends to be crowded but I never felt that it lacked privacy...The PFC staff was organized, compassionate, friendly, and available. Embryologists were great too...During a transfer I was lead to a room that hadn't been cleaned from the previous procedure because they were so jam packed with procedures on the same day. It was chaos.
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr Givens was a good communicator, empathetic and professional. She has a conservative approach. She recommended the same protocol 9 times, all which failed, and when I asked multiple times if there was anything experimental I could try she said no, you should think about using a surrogate. Come to find out there are experimental things located within 2 hours of her office. She wrote a paper in 2010 around immunology and IVIG. Her paper was not supporting this treatment, but that's not what I asked. So, if you have a typical case I would recommend her. If you don't and would like to think more outside the box with your treatment, I would recommend you go to another clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
If you have a typical case and do not need a touchy feeling Dr, she is a good fit. She is quick, direct and to the point which I actually appreciate. I don't want to hang out at the clinic any more then I have to. If you want a doctor that is going to think outside the box, do research on your behalf and bring you all the latest information available whether she agrees with the treatment or not, she is not the right fit for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
From 2011 to 2012 the PFC experience seemed boutique and custom. Dr's had reviewed charts prior to entering the room and came to the table with a plan. When I returned to begin transfers for a second child in 2014 the clinic was different. Much more crowded, rushed and even one of the nurses said to me that they were now so busy she had to remind the Dr's about each patient. During a transfer I was lead to a room that hadn't been cleaned from the previous procedure because they were so jam packed with procedures on the same day. It was chaos.
Describe the protocols Carolyn Givens used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Round 1: age 36; retrieval using Follistim, Ganarelix, Menapure; great results; recommended against genetic testing as I had never been pregnant before; 29 eggs; 15 embroys (all excellent grade); Fresh transfer of 2 embryos; negative pregnancy test (Dr Given's said it was because I hyper stimulated but I had so many embroys she decided to move forward. Round 2: Frozen natural cycle; cancelled due to lining being too thin Round 3: Frozen cycle using stim drugs to help with lining; cancelled due to me ovulating Round 4: Frozen cycle using progesterone and estrogen injections (Dr Given's called this the gold standard to help with thin lining) Lining only got to a 6. Dr Chenet told me I "needed to buy a uterus" at a lining check but that it was Dr Given's call. I requested NOT to see Dr Chenet at future appointments. Dr Given's decided to give it a shot. Transfered 2 embryos; resulted in birth of 1 baby 9 months later: Rounds 5 & 6: Used same protocol as Round 4 both ending in chemical pregnancies Endometrial biopsy - Dr Given's didn't get enough tissue the first time so I had to do this twice. It's painful and delays the process. Biopsy came back fine meaning we were doing transfers on the correct day Went through the rest of the embroys using the same protocol as round 4 with negative pregnancy tests each time. Now out of of embryos Dr Given's reason was that they were not genetically tested. Retrieval #2: 15 eggs; 6 embryos; 3 genetically normal 2 transfers using the same protocol as round 4. Negative pregnancies both times. Thin lining continued through out each round (between 6 and 7) - reco is a 10 With 1 embro left Dr Given's recommended another retrieval and using a surrogate. I did the research and decided that route was not for me. Moved embryo to a new clinic and started from scratch.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Donna is wonderful)
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center.
My first cycles were on a special value plan. I can't remember the exact costs but because I was only 36 and using my own eggs I qualified. Everything outside of that was a la carte. My insurance didn't provide coverage so everything was out of pocket. There were no payment plans offered.
Describe Carolyn Givens's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
Dr Given's and the staff at PFC have a conservative approach. When asked about alternative medicine, experimental treatments, ways of eating, etc. they all seem to blow it off as there is "not sufficient research"

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Schriock initially seemed good. He was the first doctor we worked with, so we didn't have much to compare. He is definitely more of a facts and figures guy. He pulled out all of the stats to show that at my age and with my ovarian reserve, it would be ideal to attempt an IVF transfer using an embryo created with a donor's egg.... We did one transfer with Dr. Schriock, using my partner's sperm and a donor egg to create an embryo. PFC does not test donor egg-created embryos (or they didn't in 2017)
The nursing staff at PFC is for the most part fantastic. They are very organized and responsive.... We were initially excited about Pacific Fertility Center because they are very responsive, and I have a cousin who had a good experience there. I now realize that you are paying for a "boutique" experience and that they seem to be more about making money than having successful results. They are very reluctant to do diagnostics, or think about getting pregnant as a holistic experience.
Dr. Schriock initially seemed good. He was the first doctor we worked with, so we didn't have much to compare. He is definitely more of a facts and figures guy. He pulled out all of the stats to show that at my age and with my ovarian reserve, it would be ideal to attempt an IVF transfer using an embryo created with a donor's egg. He was encouraging and we had no complaints as we prepared for the first transfer. I did get pregnant, but the embryo did not develop, and I ended up having a traumatic experience clearing the pregnancy- including two rounds of medication, hemorraging, and an emergency D&C.
I'm not sure I would recommend Dr. Schriock given so many other options in the Bay Area. He gets good reviews from other people, so I don't want to be negative, but I did not have an amazing experience.
Pacific Fertility is very good at making patients feel attended to, and Dr. Shriock was available to answer any questions that arose.
We did one transfer with Dr. Schriock, using my partner's sperm and a donor egg to create an embryo. PFC does not test donor egg-created embryos (or they didn't in 2017), so we transferred the untested embryo and it resulted in a short-lived pregnancy and miscarriage. The only medications I took were estrogen and progesterone leading up to the transfer, and in the first weeks after transfer.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
We were initially excited about Pacific Fertility Center because they are very responsive, and I have a cousin who had a good experience there. I now realize that you are paying for a "boutique" experience and that they seem to be more about making money than having successful results. They are very reluctant to do diagnostics, or think about getting pregnant as a holistic experience. For example, when I asked what I should do to prepare the week before a transfer, my doctor simply said, "Don't get sick." They don't have any protocol around food, exercise, immune support, etc - all things that can help set the stage for a successful pregnancy. They are quite happy to keep doing transfers (and taking your money) without any diagnostic rigor.
San Francisco
Dr. Li thoroughly answered any questions I had. She is not intimidating and is very patient. She is very kind and I felt she is very empathetic. Also, she smiles but is not overly professional like some doctors I've encountered. [At Pacific Fertility Center] $2000 for IUI, $25,000 to $30,000 approx for egg retrieval. $3,500 approx for each frozen embryo transfer. All approximations based on memory.
[Pacific Fertility Center is] mostly a well organized system. Needed documentation should be checked well before beginning a cycle and documents needing witnessing could have been done while I was there for other appointments but was not planned for convenience of patient. They recently adjusted this to online signatures which they should have done a long time ago. Dumb that they make you make an appointment to speak with a financial advisor and all the financial advisor does is tell you in two sentences how much it will cost. They could just email this information, make you sign it that you understand and give you a number to call if you have questions instead of wasting your time.
Not sure
Dr. Li seemed to sincerely care.
Unsure
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jerilee or Lindsay)
Patient
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific Fertility Center.
Appointments were not made to be very convenient
Describe Liyun Li's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
I believe the facility's policy is based on age and they are strict on one embryo per cycle because of the health risk involved with multiples.

2011 - 2017, Successful
Dr Givens was always patient through all our questions, explained things clearly during uncertain situations and was kind and always professional. She never pressured us into IVF or using donor eggs, even when that was the most logical next steps. She always gave her opinion during appropriate times but really acted almost like a trusted counselor.... Dr Givens and her staff were always responsive to my needs, timely and we felt well informed during a stressful and oftentimes complicated process. My husband and I have high standards and we felt like PFC in general exceeded our expectations in almost every area!
PFC is a well oiled machine. They take pride in every aspect of your care and it shows! From the front desk staff to the nurses and doctors, everyone was professional and well informed to do a good job.... Dr Givens and her staff were always responsive to my needs, timely and we felt well informed during a stressful and oftentimes complicated process. My husband and I have high standards and we felt like PFC in general exceeded our expectations in almost every area!
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
To ask as many questions you deem necessary and Dr Givens will gladly answer and help you come to a decision you're comfortable with. Read up, do your research but have realistic expectations based on your age, situation etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennise)
Always responsive, caring and informative.
San Francisco
Pros: Very experienced doctor cares about his patients, knows all the most modern techniques. Dr. Herbert answers all the questions and concerns, even if you have tons of them. He is physically very respectful and doesn't make you feel physically embarrassed. Cons: Can be arrogant, his jokes don't always come at a good moment and can be insensitive...Dr. Herbert know me and my husband personally, he truly cared about us and remembered our history (personal and medical), he even helped us with postnatal questions regarding post-pregnancy complications
All of the staff at PFC was absolutely amazing. Caring, professional, friendly, organized, I don't have a single bad thing to say about them, only praise....Pros: clean, organized, easy to reach, friendly and compassionate staff, most of the procedures are done in-house including blood draws if needed, can be reached 24 hours. No weaknesses, really great...[Cost Of Treatment] $30000.... Don't hesitate to ask any questions until you feel you understand it all.
How was your experience with Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
He is old school in his style so bare with him. Don't hesitate to ask any questions until you feel you understand it all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Herbert know me and my husband personally, he truly cared about us and remembered our history (personal and medical), he even helped us with postnatal questions regarding post-pregnancy complications.
Describe the protocols Carl Herbert (retired) used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
ICSI was suggested due to low sperm count. I had an endo cyst in my ovary so we went for 5 days genetically tested embryos to increase chances of conceiving quickly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kat)
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center.
$30000
Describe Carl Herbert (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
He recommended SET
Carl Herbert (retired)
San Francisco
She is a great doctor; smart, conservative, and compassionate. I would recommend her to my friends. Only thing you won't get from her is non-traditional medical advice. She is strictly by the book...DR. Ryan is a perfect mix of a doctor that will give it to you straight and be compassionate at the same time.
[At PFC] Egg Retrieval costs were close to 9K; Making the embyro's were about 6K; transfer was 2,500; and icsi was about 2K...She [Dr. Isabelle Ryan] is a great doctor; smart, conservative, and compassionate. I would recommend her to my friends. Only thing you won't get from her is non-traditional medical advice. She is strictly by the book...DR. Ryan is a perfect mix of a doctor that will give it to you straight and be compassionate at the same time.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
She is great and will answer all your questions. Bring everything you want to the table, she'll get you the answers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alvi )
We were highly recommended to only put in one single embryo for our transfer because we did chromosomal testing.

2014 - 2016, 22 Eggs Frozen
I can't [remember] if Dr Givens or another dr harvested my eggs. I had such great results and felt so comfortable overall there that it didn't matter. I've met with her twice recently to discuss next steps (turning my frozen eggs into embryos and implantation to become pregnant) and she is open to answering any and all questions I have and new information I may have read up on that she hasn't heard about yet...things are happening quickly in this field.
You are going almost daily if not daily for a week when your eggs are growing and I think I saw a different dr [at Pacific Fertility Center] each day for the sonogram. I liked all but one. Her bedside manner was nonexistent and I think she laughed at one of my questions in a scoffing manner. I already felt like an alien growing eggs and full of hormone shots so I didn't need this dr I had never met acting that way. I gave that feedback during my "exit interview" after my eggs were frozen. T
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
During an egg retrieval cycle, you see one of the doctors that's available when you go into the office. You are going almost daily if not daily for a week when your eggs are growing and I think I saw a different dr each day for the sonogram. I liked all but one. Her bedside manner was nonexistent and I think she laughed at one of my questions in a scoffing manner. I already felt like an alien growing eggs and full of hormone shots so I didn't need this dr I had never met acting that way. I gave that feedback during my "exit interview" after my eggs were frozen. They seemed genuinely interested in knowing how I felt about my interaction with that dr. Everyone else was great. I can't rem if Dr Givens or another dr harvested my eggs. I had such great results and felt so comfortable overall there that it didn't matter. I've met with her twice recently to discuss next steps (turning my frozen eggs into embryos and implantation to become pregnant) and she is open to answering any and all questions I have and new information I may have read up on that she hasn't heard about yet...things are happening quickly in this field.
Ask a lot of questions and do your research. For the egg retrieval portion, it's pretty straightforward and takes up a month of your life. I've found that it's better to talk to as many people as possible when moving forward with the rest of the IVF process. There are many more moving parts and things to know.
PFC does a lot of business. That's just a fact and it's obvious when you're in the office and when you call in. This is not really your friendly neighborhood doctors office with just your Dr or a couple docs, it's a practice and a center with a lot going on. I like that it was this way. It feels both high end (makes you think modern and successful in producing live births) and super professional.
The drugs I took were Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and HCG. I ended up going for a couple more days to let the eggs get even bigger so I needed more Menopur which I was able to pick up at the office (PFC). They keep drugs on hand for this last minute purpose as the rest comes in the mail ahead of your cycle. I ended up with 28 eggs retrieved and 22 were frozen. Given my age at the time of 39.5, I would have to think her protocol worked well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I had a team and email stream with team on it. )
I don't think I had a specific nurse, but I did have a coordinator and team assigned to me. I was able to email my team specifically so the best person could always pick up my question and respond. When you are in your cycle, you are always able to reach someone and get really fast service. I think they work weekends. When I called after hours, a dr called me right back to answer my question.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Strengths: professional, discreet, convenient location to get in and out of, highly qualified doctors, the office feels brand new, fancy fertility lab onsite surrounded by glass so you can see them when leaving, their own egg donation center across the hall from their offices, very responsive when you are an active patient, nice nurses and doctors, your own financial contact who handles your payments and answers any questions you may have.
I think my total fees for egg retrieval in 2014 was $12,000. That included all of my drugs. I think the finance person grossly underestimated how much my drugs would be. The dr. Also added more at the end to let my eggs "cook" a bit more. On their price sheet in 2014, they list X-Cycle Fee as $8,345. They say this includes 4 of each of the following---office visits, ultrasounds, Estradiol as well as one of each of the following---anesthesia, egg retrieval, facility, lab, cryo preservation & one yr of storage ($600). Blood testing, ultrasound and at least one office visit were covered by my insurance as they will not cover fertility treatments, but do pay for "diagnostic procedures and tests provided in connection with infertility evaluation. Office visits and consultation used to diagnose infertility."

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Ryan was very encouraging even when it felt like a long never ending road, but in the end she was right on and set clear expectations and met them...Although she may not make small talk, she is always there to answer questions and never rushes you...Dr. Ryan was excellent. Although her fist impression on the phone was not the best, in person she explained everything clearly. She proceeded to be very caring, very thorough and I trust her immensely. I would highly recommend her. C
Communication with the nurses [at Pacific Fertility Center] was also easy over email and the online portal kept everything very organized. At times fertility treatment can be overwhelming but the staff, nurses and doctors all make it as easy as it can be....It's a nice space with kind people. They were always on time. The cost were always straightforward. I just wish I had had more assistance coordinating with my insurance company.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Ryan was excellent. Although her fist impression on the phone was not the best, in person she explained everything clearly. She proceeded to be very caring, very thorough and I trust her immensely. I would highly recommend her. Communication with the nurses was also easy over email and the online portal kept everything very organized. At times fertility treatment can be overwhelming but the staff, nurses and doctors all make it as easy as it can be.
I was diagnosed with annovulation a and possible PCOS. I had tried letrozole for several months prior to seeing Dr. Ryan (with my ob/gyn). We tried IUI with letrozole twice without any success. I then had a very successful egg retrieval (34) and had the eggs tested and then frozen (20). We then did the first transfer with only a brief chemical pregnancy, but the second time it worked and I'm now 10 Weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alvi)
They were always very clear on what to do next with calendars and always took time to explain all the injections and procedures. They were also very responsive by email and phone.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
I don't remember this off hand but it is all clear on the website. It was straightforward.

2014 - 2016, Successful
My husband and I were so pleased with the first consultation. Dr Li listened to our journey, made suggestions and always respect our feelings. My husband likes to have an analytical response on the probability outcomes and Dr. Li always gave him great answers...As a patient, I always felt that Dr. Li was there for me. We could schedule a phone call with her anytime we wanted to discuss something important, and the most difficult times, when i had the miscarriages she always took time to talk to us. She respected that i wanted to have a little time until i would feel better but at the time she would talk to her I felt the comfort that she knew what i was going thru and she cared for me.
At Pacific fertility center you always do talk to a human being and to make the first consultation appointment as well as any other appointment with your Doctor, Counselor etc. I am very impressed of how efficient the Clinic is 2. The Clinic is very clean and have an amazing decoration, you don't feel you are in the middle of a hospital. 3. While wait in the reception to be called, the view of the pier is incredible, there are lots of magazines for you to pick one and read, the music is very relaxing and you can get a hot beverage as well...
How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
As a patient, I always felt that Dr. Li was there for me. We could schedule a phone call with her anytime we wanted to discuss something important, and the most difficult times, when i had the miscarriages she always took time to talk to us. She respected that i wanted to have a little time until i would feel better but at the time she would talk to her I felt the comfort that she knew what i was going thru and she cared for me. We would talk about what happened, and we would do other test like Endometrial Receptivity Array and other blood test to check Immune system issue etc. I always felt so much better after talking to Dr Li. After the transfer of my last embryo and an unsuccessful pregnancy, we had to think what to do. For my surprise, my company announced that our insurance plan added the Infertility treatment but unfortunately PFC is not in the insurance list clinics. The last call that we had with Dr. Li i was in tears and Dr Li said that my dream is the first priority that she will support me and understood that i have to choose another clinic because of the insurance coverage. Dr. Li is an amazing professional but also a wonderful human being. We always had her support and compassion in the years of our journey at PFC.
Dr. Li has lots of knowledge about the infertility issues. Make sure to schedule the appointments either in person or via phone. Make a list of all your questions because she will answer all of them.
In 2014, we decided to choose another Infertility clinic because we were going to move out from Texas and relocate to the Bay Area. After doing some research online, I liked the reviews of Pacific Fertility Center in San Francisco. I had no idea which doctor to pick and when i called to make an appointment on the day that we were available in SF it was Dr Liyun Li who was available. My husband and I were so pleased with the first consultation. Dr Li listened to our journey, made suggestions and always respect our feelings. My husband likes to have an analytical response on the probability outcomes and Dr. Li always gave him great answers. For instance , i had tried for the second time to retrieve my own eggs and check whether we could have a day 5 blastocyst, i knew that being over 40 it would be difficult but we wanted to try. We had a long conversation with Dr. Li about the results. Dr Li. explained every detail and always answered any question we had. When Dr. Li told us that we could still continue to try to retrieve my own eggs because we could get a good quality egg but it would take around 10 or more egg retrievals, she spoke my husbands language, giving us an explanation in the statistic way. We love Dr. Li and we will always be grateful that we had an opportunity to have her as our RE doctor.
I had 4 embryos - day 5 blastocyst and the protocol used was : 1. Ultrasound and blood test on the 2nd or 3rd day of the cycle 2. Start Delestrogene shots -every 2 or 3 days -0.2 ml 3. after 10 days ultrasound and blood test 4. Start Progesterone - Ethyl oleate 1 ml - 5 days prior to Embryo transfer 5. Emnbryo transfer after 5 days of Progesterone shots 6. Continue shots of progesterone every day, and delestrogene 2 x week 7 . after 9 days, blood test HCG Beta 8. if positive continue with progesterone and delestrogene until reach week 9
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
I don't know how i would survived without the Dr Lis Care team. When I had just a random question, i would send them an email and i always got a response on the same day. When i started to bleed when i was pregnant the nurse would call me in less than an hour and I could make an appointment if I felt something was wrong. I will always be grateful for a special nurse : Lindsay. She is my hero. She used to send me cards by mail, I used to cry with a smile on my face and felt so much happiness when reading her words. She was always checking on me after a negative HCG or a miscarriage and i felt a lot of comfort by having her there at PFC
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
I had to do research while I lived in Texas and here in the San Francisco area and i have to say that Pacific Fertility clinic is really a top on the service. Find below my points. 1. When you choose a new Infertility clinic and you are a new patient, usually you have to talk to a central office or a different number of the clinic. I experienced that i had to answer a questionnaire and leave a detail message on the answering machine, lots of clinics don't answer and you never talk to a human being to make the first consultation, HOWEVER at Pacific fertility center you always do talk to a human being and to make the first consultation appointment as well as any other appointment with your Doctor, Counselor etc. I am very impressed of how efficient the Clinic is 2. The Clinic is very clean and have an amazing decoration, you don't feel you are in the middle of a hospital. 3. While wait in the reception to be called, the view of the pier is incredible, there are lots of magazines for you to pick one and read, the music is very relaxing and you can get a hot beverage as well 4. I had to change the clinic and i need to send historical data , letter from the Counselor etc, i am still sending emails to PFC requesting documents and they are always in contact with me sending me what i need to proceed to the other clinic
I went thru the following procedures: 1. Egg retrieval : Medication around $4000 , each ultrasound $255 , each blood test $150 , hcg test $135 2. frozen Egg donor - total $21000 each embryo transfer : $2900 Embryo Transfer 950.00 US Guidance for Embryo Transfer 315.00 Assisted Hatching 685.00 Prep Embryos 575.00 Thaw Embryos 375.00 Progesterone - $360 3 vials Delestrogene - $230 each vial each ultrasound $255 , each blood test $150 , hcg test $135
I hear a lot of debates regarding to eSET and multiple, but my reaction about just do a eSET was positive, since the goal of the treatment is to have a health baby and a health mom, which for me it's sufficient to approve the eSET

2014 - 2016, Successful
he [Dr. Herbert] connected with me, wanted me to be successful, was completely honest about my odds and yet was rooting for me the entire time...He was also very compassionate and caring. He also thought outside of the box, learned from my first canceled cycle and was successful the second time. Where other doctors would have stopped he kept going and tried...is direct and to the pony. This may not be for everyone. I personally really liked it.
With drugs a cycle was about $15,000 [at Pacific Fertility Center] but that did not include genetic testing...PFC is very professional, organized and efficient. I loved my whole experience there! Everyone from the ladies who check you in, to the financial coordinators to the lab staff was excellent. They all went out of their way to help me...Both Kat and Marris went above and beyond to care for me by checking in, offering emotional support, emails, phone calls, getting me free stim drugs bc my stim cycles were so long.
Dr. Herbert is direct and to the pony. This may not be for everyone. I personally really liked it. He was also very compassionate and caring. He also thought outside of the box, learned from my first canceled cycle and was successful the second time. Where other doctors would have stopped he kept going and tried.
To be honest and to know that he will try his absolute best for you.
Because he connected with me, wanted me to be successful, was completely honest about my odds and yet was rooting for me the entire time.
below were drugs for my first cycle where I had a positive pregnancy, second cycle was the same minus the Letrozole. Both cycles we did extended stim an additional 7 days for a total of 20 days bc of my endometriosis. Medication SIG Quantity Refill Substitution Lupron MD (1:10 dilution) 50 mcg/0.1mL - Vial 1:10 Dilution (1mg/0.2mL), final conc 50 mcg/0.1 mL) Dispense 4 mL vial. Sig: Take 10 units BID as directed. 1 1 DAW Syringe 1/2 cc (U100) Insulin - - - - As directed. 22 1 DAW Follistim AQ Cartridge 300 IU - Injection As directed. 8 1 DAW Menopur w/ Q-cap vial adapters 75 IU - Vial As directed. 13 1 DAW Syringe 3cc 20g 1.5 in - - - - As directed. 14 1 DAW Needle 27g or 29g 0.5 in - - - - As directed. 12 1 DAW Needle 25g 1.5 in - - - - As directed. 2 1 DAW Sharps Container - - - - As directed. 1 0 DAW Letrozole 2.5 mg - Tablets 2 tab po on CD3 - 7 10 1
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kat and Marris)
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
With drugs a cycle was about $15,000 but that did not include genetic testing.
We did multiple embryo transfer for both. He let me make a decision I was comfortable with.
Carl Herbert (retired)

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Chenette was very forward but also compassionate when we first met with him during our initial consultation. My partner and I were both young and that point and were not necessarily ready to start treatment right away. We explained that to [him] and he was not aggressive towards us at all...I was than given letrozole to take on cd 3 to 7, went in for ultrasounds about twice during my ovulation phase and than gave myself the ovation trigger shot. During my two week wait I was given a progesterone suppository to take nightly
Most of the communication I had was actually through them [Pacific Fertility Center nurses]. They would provide with me charts to remember when to take my medication, what time to take certain tests and were also very compassionate with my loss...The team was very helpful in coordinating with my insurance and explaining the costs and also helped me find the best deal for out of pocket expenses.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette was very forward but also compassionate when we first met with him during our initial consultation. My partner and I were both young and that point and were not necessarily ready to start treatment right away. We explained that to the Dr. and he was not aggressive towards us at all. We decided to start treatment about 6 months after our initial visit and he was there to greet us and explained everything in detail. Being that it was our first time going through fertility treatment we had so many questions and he never hesitated to answer any of them. Our first round of IUI treatment did not work and he changed my dosage of medication to have a better chance next time. When we experienced the pre term/stillbirth of our son we were heart broken. Dr. Chenette reached out to us and let us know how sorry he was for us. When we decided we wanted to try again he made sure that we were ready not only physically but mentally as well.
If you have any questions beforehand, make sure to write them down and bring them with you to your appointment to get as much information as you can before starting treatment.
The doctors and nurses bedside manner was so warm. On my first positive pregnancy I was on edge and constantly asking questions and they were always quick to respond and make me feel so comfortable
I was first prescribed progesterone to jumpstart my period. I was than given letrozole to take on cd 3 to 7, went in for ultrasounds about twice during my ovulation phase and than gave myself the ovation trigger shot. During my two week wait I was given a progesterone suppository to take nightly. This first cycle ended in a negative test and the Dr. increased my dosage for letrozole for the next cycle. Same procedure was followed and this cycle resulted in a positive pregnancy test. I unfortunately lost my son at 21 weeks this cycle. After about 3 months of my son passing, we began trying again with the same procedure. The first cycle was a negative test and the next 2 cycles were positive but not ended in early miscarriages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was just as great as Dr. Chenette. Most of the communication I had was actually through them. They would provide with me charts to remember when to take my medication, what time to take certain tests and were also very compassionate with my loss. I remember on my first visit back to to the office after my loss, they had a huge bouquet of beautiful flowers for me. This simple gesture showed how compassionate they are as a team.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
My husn=band and I had gone to many different clinics for consultations and ultimately decided on Pacific fertility center because of all the great qualities they had. This included the dr, the nurses and all staff. The location was great as well. Although it was by the Embarcadero in san Francisco, public transportation was available and very close by. I honestly cannot think of anything negative to say about the clinic, although unfortunately I was not able to have a live birth, I do not believe it has anything to do with the clinic or the team. I expressed to them after my last miscarriage that my husband and I would be taking a break from any treatment for a while and they were very understanding and made sure that I would be welcome when I decided to try again.
I was fortunate to have some of my expenses covered through my insurance. For each ultrasound appointment I believe I paid about $300. Most of my medication was a covered by insurance as well. I did have to pay out of pocket for the trigger shot which cost about $150. The team was very helpful in coordinating with my insurance and explaining the costs and also helped me find the best deal for out of pocket expenses.
2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Liyun Li] was always available to answer questions, in person, over the phone or email. She was aware of my personal situation beyond fertility and was friendly and conversational. She was good at explaining on my level along with science and statistics and was honest about "chance/luck" pkaying a role, for better or worse.
Biggest weakness [at Pacific Fertility Center] is the egg donor agency. I would never recommend them. So much hardship was felt as we went through 2 donors who were discharged during my cycles for undisclosed medical reasons and the third declined to participate, causing us to lose one full year. The clinics response was that we had a bad stroke of luck. After investing $30k, you can imagine how poorly this went over with us, but we felt stuck. They had our money, so we had to keep working with them. Fortunately in the end ourfinal donor worjed out and we had 13 embryos frozen. The clinic side us top notch, frim the Dr's, nurses, staff, hours, i only wish all healthcare could br this good.
How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
Please refer to my previous response
Ask questions and probe, don't hesitate to call or email with follow-ups.
She was always available to answer questions, in person, over the phone or email. She was aware of my personal situation beyond fertility and was friendly and conversational. She was good at explaining on my level along with science and statistics and was honest about "chance/luck" pkaying a role, for better or worse.
My first cycle was a fresh donor egg cycle requring 3 Rx of shots. In the second and 3rd cycle she recomended Prometrium via vaginal inserts, which i did not care fir and requested shots fir the 3rd round. She urged me to continue w/Prometrium vaginally due to the potentcy and proximity to the uterus it is applied. I took her suggestion hesitantly, however the 3rd round was a success, so worth it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
Very kind, sweet, attentive, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Biggest weekness is the egg donor agency. I would never recommend them. So much hardship was felt as we went through 2 donors who were discharged during my cycles for undisclosed medical reasons and the third declibed to oarticipate, causing us to lose one full year. The clinics response was that we had a bad stroke of luck. After investing $30k, you can imagine how poorly this went over with us, but we felt stuck. They had our money, so we had to keep working with them. Fortunately in the end ourfinal donor worjed out and we had 13 embryos frozen. The clinic side us top notch, frim the Dr's, nurses, staff, hours, i only wish all healthcare could br this good.
I believe the total with drugs was approx $18k
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
Once provided an incorrect request to lab, misread my OB's lab request and didn't inlude a test. Bith of these caused a delay in results.
San Francisco

She [Dr. Carolyn Givens] is very no-nonsense and not super warm-and-fuzzy. But that was fine with me. All of the doctors at PFC had different personalities, some I liked better and some I liked less - but it was the overall competency of the center that was most important to me...One small thing - when Dr Givens called to share my PGS results, she said the male embryo had a slightly less promising Chromosome 21 result. It was actually one of the female embryos. Simple confusion, but could have changed my choice of embryo to transfer if I hadn't read the results myself.
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
She is candid, no-nonsense, not super warm-and-fuzzy but very competent and was genuinely happy with the positive outcome. Some PFC physicians I liked more and some I liked less, but it was the overall competence of the center that was important to me.
She is very no-nonsense and not super warm-and-fuzzy. But that was fine with me. All of the doctors at PFC had different personalities, some I liked better and some I liked less - but it was the overall competency of the center that was most important to me.
I went in with very good numbers and was doing IVF because it was the straightest route to pregnancy as a single woman. My cycle involved Follistim, Menpur, Ganirelix, and a bit of Lupron late in the cycle. It was a straight-forward stimulation and retrieval. Upon embryo transfer I was on progesterone and HCG.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
AMAZING. Can't speak highly enough of the nurses and care coordinators.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
PFC is a smooth operation. I like their facilities and appreciated how competently they executed on my care.
Roughly $22,000
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
She [Dr. Carolyn Givens] strongly preferred transferring 1 embryo. So did I so we didn't discuss it much...was compassionate, honest and direct. She and her staff always remembered my name, my husband's name and the status of my case. She handled delivering bad news well. She was very clear with me about my prognosis and what my options were...She was on time for my appointments... was direct and clear on my prognosis from the beginning.
Nurses [at Pacific Fertility Center] were compassionate and super organized. I always knew what was happening, when and why. I was set home with great documents and knew what do to next...My only complaint was how they operated with egg donors. They had a strong preference for anonymous donors and we didn't so we definitely requested a couple of things that came across as exceptions. Also, after we left the clinic (because we moved), we were notified of a storage tank failure. I think they handled it pretty well, but I was not at all affected so it's hard for me to know that for sure.
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr Givens was direct and clear on my prognosis from the beginning. She was on time for my appointments. She answered my many, many questions, and she explained my treatment well. My previous answer covers everything else.
I would give them advice to anyone looking at any RE. Be specific about their success rates for your type of case.
Dr Givens was compassionate, honest and direct. She and her staff always remembered my name, my husband's name and the status of my case. She handled delivering bad news well. She was very clear with me about my prognosis and what my options were.
I don't remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but don't remember)
Nurses were compassionate and super organized. I always knew what was happening, when and why. I was set home with great documents and knew what do to next.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
PFC came across as "fancy" when I first went, though ultimately the quality of the care I received across the board helped a lot. I never felt like I was just a number. My only complaint was how they operated with egg donors. They had a strong preference for anonymous donors and we didn't so we definitely requested a couple of things that came across as exceptions. Also, after we left the clinic (because we moved), we were notified of a storage tank failure. I think they handled it pretty well, but I was not at all affected so it's hard for me to know that for sure.
She strongly preferred transferring 1 embryo. So did I so we didn't discuss it much.

2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Chenette is very competent. The clinic generally tends to do single embryo transfers and counselled us against multi-embryo transfers. There were some billing issues, the counselor was a bit pushy for IVF, and we did feel like we were signed up for IVF before we had made the decision ourselves. But overall, the clinic provided adequate service...He was confident and competent...
The clinic [Pacific Fert Ctr SF] is busy. The embryologist and labs are top notch. The surgery center was well maintained. Some issues with record keeping and billing...Just make sure that you don't want to feel as if you're being pushed to IVF. You want to understand the risks as best as possible and want them to spend the time educating you as a patient as to the best treatments that give you the best possible chances of a healthy, single child with minimal risks to mother and child...
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
He was confident and competent.
Menopur, Follistim, single embryo transfers
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is busy. The embryologist and labs are top notch. The surgery center was well maintained. Some issues with record keeping and billing.
Spent around $30K. IVF covered, additional costs include semen analysis, fertility drugs, embryo storage, genetic testing.