55 Francisco Street
San Francisco, CA 94133

2004 - 2010, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Schriock] was very accessible. He took his time and cared about the outcome....He was thoughtful and easy to talk to. I felt like when things weren't happening he wasn't able to help me figure out a next course of action. At the end I left feeling lost and without hope.
[Pacific Fertility Center's] weakness: If felt like a machine at times. When I left no one ever followed up to see how things turned out. They were on to someone else. After 2+ years I would have thought they would be more interested in how they could still help me. Strengths: Their retrieval process and nursing staff was excellent...$13k for two cycles
How was your experience with Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Ask about the plan he has for you as well as what he might do if pregnancy doesn't happen. If you fall under unexplained infertility like I do, ask if there are other ways to give a more explained diagnosis.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
He was very accessible. He took his time and cared about the outcome.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
Engaged. Passionate. They understood how much was invested—monetarily and emotionally.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Weakness: If felt like a machine at times. When I left no one ever followed up to see how things turned out. They were on to someone else. After 2+ years I would have thought they would be more interested in how they could still help me. Strengths: Their retrieval process and nursing staff was excellent.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center.
$13k for two cycles
Eldon Schriock (retired)

2006 - 2009, Unsuccessful
She was very thorough in describing the processes involved in IVF and I appreciated that. My only complaint was her failure to warn me of all the risks with the ectopic pregnancy. Perhaps she thought I knew how dangerous they are, but I did not. I had no idea.
I really liked most of the staff at PFC. They were efficient and kind. There was one nurse who gave us incorrect medical information, which I reported to Dr. Ryan.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
i would say that she was blunt, but i didn't mind blunt. some people might be put off by her somewhat cold bedside manner but i didn't mind. she was very thorough in describing the processes involved in IVF and i appreciated that. my only complaint was her failure to warn me of all the risks with the ectopic pregnancy. perhaps she thought i knew how dangerous they are, but i did not. i had no idea.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
If you want Dr. Ryan to be very thorough in how much information she gives you, ask for it, and i think she will oblige.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
i really liked most of the staff at PFC. They were efficient and kind. There was one nurse who gave us incorrect medical information, which i reported to Dr. Ryan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center.
She was very good and patient. I asked a lot of questions to make sure I got everything right and she answered all of my questions with great compassion. Also, if I remember correctly, think the scheduling sheet (for my IVF cycles) was much easier to follow and understand than the one I had at Cornell.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Although I only had one pregnancy at PFC and it was an ectopic pregnancy, i can't help but think that the fact that I was able to get pregnant at all, led me to be able to get pregnant again.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
On my third IVF, I got pregnant, but the embryo implanted in my Fallopian tube (ectopic pregnancy), I don't think the team looked closely enough during my first ultrasound to see if there was something in the tube, when they realized there was nothing in the uterus. Especially since I later learned that women who undergo IVF have a higher chance of ectopic pregnancies. It is possible it would not have been visible, but if it could have been visible in the uterus, why not in the tube? so a week later when the ectopic pregnancy became a large blood clot and threatened to rupture the tube, they gave me a drug to abort the non-viable pregnancy and told me i would be experiencing severe cramping over the next two days and that i had to stay in bed. On the way out the door, I asked, "is there anything i should look out for?" and she said, "yes, if you start having really severe pain and it lasts for 5 minutes, go to the emergency room immediately." That advice that was only given once prompted by question, saved my life later that night when the pregnancy did rupture causing massive internal bleeding that would have been fatal if I had not gone immediately to the hospital and had emergency surgery. Perhaps I would have gone anyway when the pain continued, but perhaps not. Regardless, it was something she should have told me without me asking the question.
Isabelle Ryan
San Francisco
He [Dr Herbert] was genuine and caring. Strengths: efficient, kind, excellent education Weakness: IVF doesn't work for everyone!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
He was genuine and caring. Strengths: efficient, kind, excellent education Weakness: IVF doesn't work for everyone!
Carl Herbert (retired)