55 Francisco Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
415-834-3095

2010 - 2012, Successful
Very knowledgeable. We did IVF 2 times, the first we were pregnant with twins, but there were problems... She was sensitive with the details of the problems, but also direct. She knew we needed to understand the severity of what was happening.
The entire staff, both Dr Givens and the nurses always had smiles on their faces, and made you feel like they knew exactly who you were. Even when Dr. Givens had to give us bad news, she was sensitive but direct, giving the facts, but in a kind manner.
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
She was wonderful!! Very knowledgeable. We did IVF 2 times, the first we were pregnant with twins, but there were problems.... the sack never formed correctly and we miscarried around 9 weeks. She was sensitive with the details of the problems, but also direct. she knew we needed to understand the severity of what was happening. when we did miscarry, we were due to leave for Hawaii for vacation in two days. she organized the procedure to be done on the next day (a Sunday!) so we could keep our plans to go. She also kept in touch to make sure there were no complications while we were gone. Our next IVF we had a successful pregnancy, and she was amazing during that one as well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
Ask a lot of questions. She will be honest.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
The entire staff, both dr givens and the nurses always had smiles on their faces, and made you feel like they knew exactly who you were. even when dr givens had to give us bad news, she was sensitive but direct, giving the facts, but in a kind manner. when the news was good you felt like she was your biggest cheerleader.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
always friendly, made you feel like they knew you. very informative.
Carolyn Givens
2003 - 2010, Successful
Dr. Zouves biggest asset is his kindness. He always seemed to be genuinely happy to see us and he was sad at our failed attempts and happy with our successes. He was very honest when he thought it was time to try donor eggs...Dr Zouves took the time to get to know us. He cheered us on during our adoption process (In between IVFs 2 and 3). He was very honest with us regarding our chances and made the right recommendations.
The staff was excellent. They were always ready for you on time. Answered all questions and were committed to keeping your spirits up...there was a discount plan that covered 3 attempts, everything except the meds. Meds could be purchased through the clinic, at a pharmacy or out of the country...the clinic was very convenient. modern. had separate areas for patients and donors. clean and very cheerful.
How was your experience with Christo Zouves at Pacific Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christo Zouves at Pacific Fertility Center?
Trust him. He wants you to succeed and take home a baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christo Zouves at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Christo Zouves used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
cannot remember the protocols but after 2 failures we back off on the drugs to try and get a better quality egg/embryo and even though there were fewer eggs, one of them took :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: don't remember her name)
the staff was excellent. They were always ready for you on time. Answered all questions and were committed to keeping your spirits up.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christo Zouves at Pacific Fertility Center.
Christo Zouves
San Francisco

Set a great treatment plan that gave me 400 times better than expected results. Explained the process throroughly and provided a good summary of results at the end. The Dr [Chenette] was available through nurses to answer questions and was key to making my experience a good one...Don’t expect to see him on every visit, but know that he is available for questions and the other doctors on staff are also fantastic...I was on a moderate dose of menopur and follistim for 11 days. My trigger was a mixed lupron/hcg due to having a large number of follicles.
Clinic [Pacific Fertility Center] is well run and organized. They are open on weekends and easy to communicate with. Everything is well explained and the process went very smoothly for me from my visit visit to subsequent ones. I had zero problems getting appointments when I needed them...Smooth process, quick response to questions and easy scheduling...Full cost with all visits was approximately 21k... he [Dr. Chenette] is available for questions and the other doctors on staff are also fantastic.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Set a great treatment plan that gave me 400 times better than expected results. Explained the process throroughly and provided a good summary of results at the end. The Dr was available through nurses to answer questions and was key to making my experience a good one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Smooth process, quick response to questions and easy scheduling
Describe the protocols Philip Chenette used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Clinic is well run and organized. They are open on weekends and easy to communicate with. Everything is well explained and the process went very smoothly for me from my visit visit to subsequent ones. I had zero problems getting appointments when I needed them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center.
Full cost with all visits was approximately 21k.
San Francisco
Dr Isabel Ryan is smart and patient she knows that this is a difficult situation and clarified any questions we had. She was open about what the next steps would be and did not sugar coat anything. She asked us to call her anytime we had any questions and when my husband needed further clarification we received it by talking to dr Ryan.... She informed me that with previous doctors results she does not see me naturally using my own eggs
The clinic [Pacific Fertility Center- San Francisco] is. Lean and everyone is friendly. The weaknesses would be trying to get a quick appointment is a little difficult. You would need to wait at least 2 weeks to get in all of your appointments in.... Everyone was nice and understood that we were there because of something difficult that was happening.... Just going in to see the doctor is $350 every time. We have the cost for the genetic counselor any medications from $10-500 any blood work is around $200 and so much more
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
To ask lots of questions and write down anything you may forget.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: A team of people )
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is. Lean and everyone is friendly. The weaknesses would be trying to get a quick appointment is a little difficult. You would need to wait at least 2 weeks to get in all of your appointments in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center.
San Francisco

Dr Schriock is amazing. He took time to explain my options to me and even helped me years after the egg freezing to help determine blood tests taken from a different doctor, in a different state. I now live in a different state and oftentimes consider going back to SF for another egg freezing round because I trust him so much... Took the time to speak to me about my options, years after the retrieval he talked to me about how to ship the eggs to NY, etc.
15,000 per cycle [for egg freezing at Pacific Fertility]...Dr Schriock is incredible. Took the time to speak to me about my options, years after the retrieval he talked to me about how to ship the eggs to NY, etc. He will explain everything to you in full detail, while also being compassionate. Highly recommended...He took time to explain my options to me and even helped me years after the egg freezing to help determine blood tests taken from a different doctor, in a different state. I now live in a different state and oftentimes consider going back to SF for another egg freezing round because I trust him so much.
How was your experience with Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Ask to make ultrasound appoints/daily appoints during the cycle with him. His schedule is busy, so be flexible during that week or two, if possible!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Wish I had seen Dr Schriock everytime.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eldon Schriock (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center.
15,000 per cycle

2016, Unknown Success
I think he [Dr. Herbert] has excellent bedside manner. I've felt his compassion for my situation and his desire to help. He is a very clear communicator. However, during some of my appointments I have felt rushed at times, like there isn't enough time for me to ask questions...He is kind, humorous, and comforting each time I see him. He is clear and straightforward in his responses and explains things in detail...
The nursing staff [at Pacific Fert Ctr SF] is excellent! I have felt very comfortable with all the nurses. They always wait and make sure you don't have anymore questions and explain things in detail...It is easy to get an appointment once you are under a doctor's care. You never wait long for your appointment. The facilities are well kept and comfortable with beautiful views of the bay...
How was your experience with Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
I think he has excellent bedside manner. I've felt his compassion for my situation and his desire to help. He is a very clear communicator. However, during some of my appointments I have felt rushed at times, like there isn't enough time for me to ask questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to ask questions even if they seem obvious. It's the doctors job to explain things thoroughly and in a way you can understand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kat)
The nursing staff is excellent! I have felt very comfortable with all the nurses. They always wait and make sure you don't have anymore questions and explain things in detail.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carl Herbert (retired) at Pacific Fertility Center.
approximately 20,000

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Eldon Schriock] just seems to know cutting-edge technology, and how to get results. He isn't the warmest and fuzziest - but I think that is good...We had lots of testing, counseling, but not procedures...The doctor and all the people at PFC were phenomenal. Straight-forward which I personally prefer. They all always knew exactly what was going on with us, never had to look at a chart. Very reassuring that you were in good hands.
The doctor and all the people at PFC were phenomenal. Straight-forward which I personally prefer. They all always knew exactly what was going on with us, never had to look at a chart. Very reassuring that you were in good hands...Beautiful surroundings which feel private and soothing. Helpful staff that always were up-to-date on our case. They will NOT accept egg donors who are less than 21 years old. That was an issue for us (even though the donor had donated twice before.)
He just seems to know cutting-edge technology, and how to get results. He isn't the warmest and fuzziest - but I think that is good.
Have a list of questions, and don't hesitate to ask. But I would give that with any doctor
Describe the protocols Eldon Schriock (retired) used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
For reasons that are not Schriock/ PFC's fault, didn't ultimately use them. We had lots of testing, counseling, but not procedures.

2013, Successful
Eldon [Schriock] was extremely kind and compassionate. He is an expert in PCOS and was extremely thorough and detail oriented in tailoring my protocol to my response. His reasoning was always sound and I always felt he had my best interests at heart...I can't remember [protocols] sepcifixally other than every other day monitoring and extremely low dose injections due to my history of extreme response. He ultimately did use an HcG trigger after discussing with me the real risks of OHSS - which did occur.
Eldon was extremely kind and compassionate. He is an expert in PCOS and was extremely thorough and detail oriented in tailoring my protocol to my response. His reasoning was always sound and I always felt he had my best interests at heart.
I was greeted warmly by all staff, treated with compassion and warmth even in the worst situations.
I can't remember sepcifixally other than every other day monitoring and extremely low dose injections due to my history of extreme response. He ultimately did use an HcG trigger after discussing with me the real risks of OHSS - which did occur.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center.
They were always available. I got great calendars of my timelines, they were helpful with my crazy schedule and always prompt with results.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
It was expensive. But worth it.
IVF with PGS- 15k FET- can't remember. 1k or more
Describe Eldon Schriock (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
He would not transfer more than one due to risks of twin pregnancy. I had PGS tested embryos, but I believe he counseled all his patients this way.

2012, 5 Eggs Frozen
Investor
He [Dr. Philip Chenette] started with very negative and scary data on our first visit (That has turned out to be debunked) And, one of the protocols ended in a cancelled cycle and I never had that happen on the 5 following ones. Also, the doctors after that were not impressed with the protocol he suggested for the 2nd round after the first one didn't meet his expectations. So, that concerned me too
He [Dr. Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center] started with very negative and scary data on our first visit (That has turned out to be debunked) And, one of the protocols ended in a cancelled cycle and I never had that happen on the 5 following ones. Also, the doctors after that were not impressed with the protocol he suggested for the 2nd round after the first one didn't meet his expectations. So, that concerned me too
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
He started with very negative and scary data on our first visit (That has turned out to be debunked) And, one of the protocols ended in a cancelled cycle and I never had that happen on the 5 following ones. Also, the doctors after that were not impressed with the protocol he suggested for the 2nd round after the first one didn't meet his expectations. So, that concerned me too
He knew who I was, so it wasn't quite like a number, but I didn't have the best rapport with him
FSH 240 and ganirelix for the first one. 7 eggs retrieved and 5 were frozen. (This was the best result I had from any protocol, but every doctor after that did more 'complex' ones.) Then a lupron pill for the 2nd attempt, which failed.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
High-end feel but I didn't get to see the same people a lot, and I still didn't felt a bit like a number
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center?
2004 - 2010, Unsuccessful
He [Dr Schriock] was very accessible. He took his time and cared about the outcome....He was thoughtful and easy to talk to. I felt like when things weren't happening he wasn't able to help me figure out a next course of action. At the end I left feeling lost and without hope.
[Pacific Fertility Center's] weakness: If felt like a machine at times. When I left no one ever followed up to see how things turned out. They were on to someone else. After 2+ years I would have thought they would be more interested in how they could still help me. Strengths: Their retrieval process and nursing staff was excellent...$13k for two cycles
Ask about the plan he has for you as well as what he might do if pregnancy doesn't happen. If you fall under unexplained infertility like I do, ask if there are other ways to give a more explained diagnosis.
He was very accessible. He took his time and cared about the outcome.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
Engaged. Passionate. They understood how much was invested—monetarily and emotionally.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Weakness: If felt like a machine at times. When I left no one ever followed up to see how things turned out. They were on to someone else. After 2+ years I would have thought they would be more interested in how they could still help me. Strengths: Their retrieval process and nursing staff was excellent.
$13k for two cycles
San Francisco
She is a great doctor; smart, conservative, and compassionate. I would recommend her to my friends. Only thing you won't get from her is non-traditional medical advice. She is strictly by the book...DR. Ryan is a perfect mix of a doctor that will give it to you straight and be compassionate at the same time.
[At PFC] Egg Retrieval costs were close to 9K; Making the embyro's were about 6K; transfer was 2,500; and icsi was about 2K...She [Dr. Isabelle Ryan] is a great doctor; smart, conservative, and compassionate. I would recommend her to my friends. Only thing you won't get from her is non-traditional medical advice. She is strictly by the book...DR. Ryan is a perfect mix of a doctor that will give it to you straight and be compassionate at the same time.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
She is great and will answer all your questions. Bring everything you want to the table, she'll get you the answers.
Describe the protocols Isabelle Ryan used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alvi )
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe Isabelle Ryan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
We were highly recommended to only put in one single embryo for our transfer because we did chromosomal testing.
2015, 9 Eggs Frozen
I wish she [Dr. Isabelle Ryan] would've explained a bit more about the number of eggs actually needed in order to conceive a child. I would've done another round or two of retrievals to be safe. Other than that she provided me with a lot of knowledge of how everything worked, the process, what was to be expected with the injections, side effects, etc. There were no surprises...Ask questions until you fully 100% understand every detail of the process...Sometimes I waited longer than expected...
[Pacific Fertility Center has a] Great location, clean, minimal, trendy, and upscale. Theres a coffee and water machine in reception and you can make a tea. The front desk associates are usually pretty friendly. Sometimes I waited longer than expected...$9000 for egg freezing and meds...I wish she [Dr. Isabelle Ryan] would've explained a bit more about the number of eggs actually needed in order to conceive a child. I would've done another round or two of retrievals to be safe. Other than that she provided me with a lot of knowledge of how everything worked, the process, what was to be expected with the injections, side effects, etc. There were no surprises...A
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
I wish she would've explained a bit more about the number of eggs actually needed in order to conceive a child. I would've done another round or two of retrievals to be safe. Other than that she provided me with a lot of knowledge of how everything worked, the process, what was to be expected with the injections, side effects, etc. There were no surprises.
Ask questions until you fully 100% understand every detail of the process.
$9000 for egg freezing and meds

2013 - 2014, Successful
Dr Ryan was clear, warm and the right combo of optimistic/realistic...Know that she operates in a team environment so even if she's your preferred doc, you won't always get her.
Dr. Herbert's nursing staff was outstanding. [Dr.] Ryan's was working out some kinks but still good...When I had a chemical pregnancy, a rookie nurse [at Pacific Fertility Center] told me to keep taking the progesterone when I didn't need to.
know that she operates in a team environment so even if she's your preferred doc, you won't always get her
Dr Ryan was clear, warm and the right combo of optimistic/realistic
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
Dr. Herbert's nursing staff was outsanding. Ryan's was working out some kinks but still good
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
When I had a chemical pregnancy, a rookie nurse told me to keep taking the progesterone when I didn't need to. I had a tough go Dr Ryan's nursing staff but I do think it was an anomaly based on the experience I had with Herbert's team (Marris was amazing).

2011 - 2012, Successful
Investor
He gave me a candid assessment of my chances due to my age. He did not discourage me to pursue using my own eggs but he was very pragmatic about the statistical outcome.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Concentrate on the end goal - having a baby, and let him suggest the best route to do obtain this given your history.
The doctor, front desk staff and nurses were always very professional and knew my name. When I was called to discuss pregnancy results the nurses were very thoughtful. When I had two embryo transfers that ended unsuccessfully Dr. Chenette called me to follow up and address any concerns.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
It is a very well run practice and they were all professional.
2011 - 2012, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Ryan] is professional and very kind. It's obvious she knows what she is doing and you trust her for that. She is wonderful and very reassuring. She is always gentle and explains things completely. I saw her every visit and she always made time for me....I found the drugs and dosage prescribed and used very effective....You're in good hands....Gorgeous facility [Pacific Fert Ctr], in a beautiful location right on the bay. The staff was always so happy and welcoming.
Gorgeous facility [Pacific Fert Ctr], in a beautiful location right on the bay. The staff was always so happy and welcoming. I especially loved the fairy mobiles they had hanging in each exam room. It was soothing and very relaxing....She [Dr. Ryan] is professional and very kind. It's obvious she knows what she is doing and you trust her for that. She is wonderful and very reassuring. She is always gentle and explains things completely. I saw her every visit and she always made time for me.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
She is professional and very kind. It's obvious she knows what she is doing and you trust her for that. She is wonderful and very reassuring. She is always gentle and explains things completely. I saw her every visit and she always made time for me.
You're in good hands.
I found the drugs and dosage prescribed and used very effective.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Gorgeous facility, in a beautiful location right on the bay. The staff was always so happy and welcoming. I especially loved the fairy mobiles they had hanging in each exam room. It was soothing and very relaxing.
I can't recall

2013, 18 Eggs Frozen
I was very pleased as a patient of Dr. Schriock. He had an extremely warm bedside manner which was important for me. I never felt as though my fears or trepidation I had in the process was insignificant.
I never felt as though the doctor was rushing through my appointment to get to another patient [at Pacific Fertility Center]. I was very pleased as a patient of Dr. Schriock.
I never felt as though the doctor was rushing through my appointment to get to another patient.

2012, Successful
He [Dr. Schriock] was very kind, friendly and compassionate...PFC is beautiful and provide great car. Eldon was top-notch and got us pregnant with IUI when he thought the chances were less than 5%...Explore all the options and make your own educated decisions...
[Pacific Fertility Center - SF is a]...Beautiful clinic, organized, friendly and encouraging...
Explore all the options and make your own educated decisions.
He was very kind, friendly and compassionate.
Too much detail, not comfortable sharing
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic, organized, friendly and encouraging.

2011 - 2012, Unsuccessful
Dr. Ryan although colder at first warmed up as we got to know her better.
Ask dr. Ryan all the questions you need answers to.
Very warm staff, calling you by your first name and understanding the challenges of my situation. Dr. Ryan although colder at first warmed up as we got to know her better. She delivers the news very matter of fact which may not be everyone's preference. I appreciated that,
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
Very compassionate and very nice. Good understanding of the procedures you are going through.
San Francisco
He [Dr Herbert] was genuine and caring. Strengths: efficient, kind, excellent education Weakness: IVF doesn't work for everyone!
He was genuine and caring. Strengths: efficient, kind, excellent education Weakness: IVF doesn't work for everyone!
2013 - 2014, Successful
[Dr. Philip Chenette] will tailor a protocol based on his assessment of the patient...He has excellent bedside manners, made us feel at ease in this stressful process of IVF. In addition he is a very , patient an compassoniate doctor who is very knowledgable is his field with his many years of experience... Throughout the process, Dr. Chenette, was always available for our needs, and always very patient, compassionate and knowledgable.
She [nurse at Pacific Fertility Center] is really helpful and always a step ahead... is a very nice facility. It does not seem like a fertility clinic when you walk in. Very good ambience, friendly staff. The location is great.When you look out the window, of the office, there is a beautiful view of the bay, it will help ease your mind off of the stressful process of IVF. The office staff , coordinators, RN's, MD's are all awewome!...
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
IVF itself is a very stressful process. Throughout the process, Dr. Chenette, was always available for our needs, and always very patient, compassionate and knowledgable. In addition he has excellent bedside manners and of course, a very high success rate! :)
His positve attitude and knowledge in the field will bring you success.
Dr. Chenette will tailor a protocol based on his assessment of the patient
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sue)
She is really helpful and always a step ahead
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
PFC is a very nice facility. It does not seem like a fertility clinic when you walk in. Very good ambience, friendly staff. The location is great.When you look out the window, of the office, there is a beautiful view of the bay, it will help ease your mind off of the stressful process of IVF. The office staff , coordinators, RN's, MD's are all awewome!
IVF itself is a very expensive process. I suggest to check with your insurance to see if there is any coverage
San Francisco

I appreciate being treated as an intelligent person while also having each detail described at the same time. ... Dr Ryan was very to the point, but compassionate at the same time. ... We have not yet completed our IVF cycle, but I feel very comfortable under the care of Dr Ryan. ... We don’t feel like that at all with Pacific Fertility Center. ...
We have been to other clinics where we felt like we were just a number. We don’t feel like that at all with Pacific Fertility Center. ... At every visit, the coordinator, consultant, or nurse was already updated on our info. This gave us so much confidence that we were being treated with great care! ... Everyone on staff has been very helpful, kind, and confident. It’s a long drive for us, but it’s absolutely worth it.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr Ryan was very to the point, but compassionate at the same time. I appreciate being treated as an intelligent person while also having each detail described at the same time. We have not yet completed our IVF cycle, but I feel very comfortable under the care of Dr Ryan.
Don’t hesitate to ask all of your questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Doris )
The entire staff has been above and beyond AMAZING! At every visit, the coordinator, consultant, or nurse was already updated on our info. This gave us so much confidence that we were being treated with great care!
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is very impressive. Everyone on staff has been very helpful, kind, and confident. It’s a long drive for us, but it’s absolutely worth it. We have been to other clinics where we felt like we were just a number. We don’t feel like that at all with Pacific Fertility Center.
San Francisco
It felt like Dr. Herbert knew us as a couple and he was present and available when we asked him questions about treatment...After 3 failed IUI, he prepared us for the possibility of IVF and explained all pros and cons of the treatment process. During visits, Dr. Herbert moves quickly and I am sometimes left with some questions about the course of treatment, however, he's been consistently available for follow up via email, phone and in person. Overall, my partner and I have received clear guidance and realistic expectations throughout our process with Dr. Herbert.
It felt like Dr. Herbert [at Pacific Fertility Center] knew us as a couple and he was present and available when we asked him questions about treatment...After 3 failed IUI, he prepared us for the possibility of IVF and explained all pros and cons of the treatment process. During visits, Dr. Herbert moves quickly and I am sometimes left with some questions about the course of treatment, however, he's been consistently available for follow up via email, phone and in person. Overall, my partner and I have received clear guidance and realistic expectations throughout our process with Dr. Herbert.
My partner and I love seeing Dr. Herbert. He is very warm and has shown compassion with each negative pregnancy test. From the start of treatment, I was clear about what our path would be. After 1 failed IUI, he adjusted medication dosage. After 3 failed IUI, he prepared us for the possibility of IVF and explained all pros and cons of the treatment process. During visits, Dr. Herbert moves quickly and I am sometimes left with some questions about the course of treatment, however, he's been consistently available for follow up via email, phone and in person. Overall, my partner and I have received clear guidance and realistic expectations throughout our process with Dr. Herbert.
I would review all of the information you receive after each visit. If any questions come up, email the staff and/or schedule a call with Dr. Herbert.

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Herbert listens well to your story, always has patience to answer any questions and best of all brings some humor into it when appropriate. He is very candid yet in a way that helps you make better decisions for your own care. ... We decided to try IUI before going to any further measures. He and his team explained very well what will happen and answered all the questions. I did cycles with using Letrozole and then the trigger shot before procedure. It was all very straightforward and well explained. I was very lucky to produce a live birth after only one IUI. And conceived again using the same strategy 1.5 years later that resulted in another live birth.
They're [Pacific Fertility Center] very professional. They are always on time. Make sure you always stand up for yourself and ask all the questions as they don't know what you don't know. See all the doctors if you don't like your personal doctor. But they all are great and caring, they have a great team that works very well together and has their treatment philosophy aligned.
He was always warm and patient with me. He also always told me how it will be and did not sugarcoat anything to make me feel better. He did that in a way that was patient and caring and I always felt in the best hands with him.
Ask all the questions. He's on your team, you might as well be motivating the team together by cheering each other on.
Describe the protocols Carl Herbert (retired) used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
They were very warm and compassionate of my situation. They always answered all questions in person, via email or by call. They were very caring throughout, gave me charts and reminder emails. They always had a smile on their face.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
They're very professional. They are always on time. Make sure you always stand up for yourself and ask all the questions as they don't know what you don't know. See all the doctors if you don't like your personal doctor. But they all are great and caring, they have a great team that works very well together and has their treatment philosophy aligned.
It was around $1,135 for the IUI plus medications.