Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1319 Punahou Street
Honolulu, HI 96826
808-946-2226
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute to a friend?

4 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
The staff at Pacific IVF are very accomodating and compassionate. Lynnea [nurse] is trustworthy and took time to listen to our concerns and would address them honestly. She always responded to my needs and would give quality advice...$5,500 for FET (own eggs retrieved at another clinic and donor eggs) $15,500 for clinic fees associated with donor egg cycle.... All the nurses are seasoned and compassionate and personable.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute.
The staff at IVF made always gave me world class treatment and were always quick to respond to our needs. All the nurses are seasoned and compassionate and personable. The clinic is very accomodating to your schedule and will make adjustments as needed. I preferred my primary doctor but was seen once by another Dr which resulted in a negative experience for me. I requested to be exclusively seen by my primary Dr. and Lynnea, my nurse accomodated my request by making slight changes to my calendar for my upcoming FET.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Kosasa at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute?
Dr. Kosasa is kind hearted and values his work and cares about his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute. (Assigned nurse: Lynnea)
The staff at Pacific IVF are very accomodating and compassionate. Lynnea is trustworthy and took time to listen to our concerns and would address them honestly. She always responded to my needs and would give quality advice. Again, I was never treated like a number. I am glad that I was referred to Dr. Kosasa and Pacific IVF. Not an ounce of regret.
How was your experience with Thomas Kosasa at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute?
I was never treated like a number. Always treated with respect. I sometimes felt like I had to repeat my questions and still wasn't satisfied. He is smart, compassionate and very positive but sometimes a man of little words which sometimes left me with questions unanswered or adequately answered.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Kosasa at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute?
If you have any questions, ask. Don't be afraid to keep on asking.
Describe the protocols Thomas Kosasa used in your cycles at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute and their degree of success.
I was prescribed heparin for my donor cycle. I became pregnant; however miscarried at 10 weeks. Doubled up on progesterone injections at 6 days past 5 day transfer due to bleeding.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Kosasa at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute.
Describe Thomas Kosasa's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute.
Dr. always pushed to transfer two embryos to increase odds.
Honolulu

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Thomas Kosasa at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute.

2012 - 2014
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Most experienced in the state. However, we felt like a number in the clinic [Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute]. Despite numerous cycles in the clinic, staff did not readily know us by name, without first looking at our chart....He has great bedside manner and is compassionate. He didn't explain procedures to us, what to expect, etc. His descriptions were always very brief and not informative. Our course of treatments were never discussed in detail beforehand. For example, he mentioned trying IUI first with us, but did not explain why, possible statistics, etc.
2012 - 2014
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute.
Most experienced in the state. However, we felt like a number in the clinic. Despite numerous cycles in the clinic, staff did not readily know us by name, without first looking at our chart.
He is compassionate with great bedside manner.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute?
Do research and come prepared with questions. We went in without researching what we should have been asking, expecting he would provide information first.
We had a long agonist protocol, first starting off with birth control and Lupron. Menopur and Follistim were added. They produced 12 follicles. There was no rationale nor explanation given to us for using them. We showed up to our injection lesson and were told what medications we would be on, how to administer, etc. This was never discussed prior, e.g. during the consultation.

2010 - 2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
Organized and on top of everything! The clinic [Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute] was always accommodating whenever we had questions or concerns. They were compassionate when we found out our pregnancy had ended and made sure we knew that they would be there when we were ready to try again. Infertility is tough to go through and having an office that will make themselves available for you is much appreciated.
2010 - 2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute.
Organized and on top of everything! The clinic was always accommodating whenever we had questions or concerns. They were compassionate when we found out our pregnancy had ended and made sure we knew that they would be there when we were ready to try again. Infertility is tough to go through and having an office that will make themselves available for you is much appreciated.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Kessel at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute?
We were always treated very well and he was great at explaining every procedure or test that was needed.
Very compassionate
How was your experience with Bruce Kessel at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute?
As a patient you always want to feel welcome and and he definitely made me feel at ease as a new IVF patient. Also, will make sure all testing is complete for your specific concerns prior to a cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Kessel at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute?
They work as a team so you may not always see the same doctor. Ask any questions you may have. He is very knowledgable!
Bruce Kessel
Honolulu

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Kessel at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute.

2010 - 2015
He [Dr. Kosasa at Pacific In Vitro Fertilization Institute] took time to speak with me every time about the procedure. Did not make me feel like I couldn't have a baby....He was trustworthy with his diagnosis.
2010 - 2015
He took time to speak with me every time about the procedure. Did not make me feel like I couldn't have a baby.
Friendly and very helpful
He was trustworthy with his diagnosis.