Bellevue
Issaquah, WA 98029
1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104
206.515.0000

We saw Dr. Marshall for a second opinion IVF appointment which I expected would be fairly perfunctory. I couldn't have been more wrong. Dr. Marshall had gone through our large stack of medical records (we had done 2 unsuccessful cycles at another clinic) and had detailed notes on exactly what she would recommend, and provided thoughtful answers to all our questions. She has been incredibly supportive and caring through this process (which is still underway) and you can tell she genuinely rooting for us...continues to do everything she can to support patients like me who are really challenging. She hasn't forced donors eggs on us and she's supportive of going forward with additional IVF cycles.
Brenna is a fantastic IVF coordinator [at Pacific NW Fertility]. She quickly responds to my emails and phone calls and provides detailed information...overall has been a great clinic. We did our ultrasounds/monitoring in Bellevue because it was more convenient and the procedures in Seattle. The quality of the staff is equal at both locations and we met with different doctors and nurses during the monitoring phase and everyone was wonderful. I especially appreciate the egg retrieval set up because each PNWF patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic, all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of previous retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Before meeting with Dr. Marshall, we had two very disappointing IVF cycles at a previous clinic. I'm 36 years-old with diminished ovarian reserves and in the previous two cycles I had retrieve 4 eggs (1 fertilized) and 2 eggs (0 fertilized). I felt like a total failure after the 2nd IVF cycle so I decided to reach out for a second opinion and selected Dr. Marshall based on some of the Fertility IQ reviews about diminished ovarian reserve. We met with Dr. Marshall and it was night and day from our previous clinic. In our one-hour consultation she arrived with detailed notes on our medical history and jumped right in with new protocol recommendation. I mentioned to her that my previous clinic never technically categorized me as diminished ovarian reserve. Her response, "Really? Of course, you have diminished ovarian reserves and there are very successful treatment protocols that we've developed. We just need to adjust your treatment plan." This interaction made me feel so good just to know that there was a path forward. Dr. Marshall answered all our questions thoughtfully and backed up her suggestions with clinical research findings. My husband and I knew after that first meeting that we had to switch to Dr. Marshall and we were grateful that she would consider taking our case given the challenge and likelihood that it might lower the clinic's success statistics. Fast forward to our first IVF cycle with Dr. Marshall, she had me on an estrogen lead in protocol to suppress the lead follicles. I also Clomid for five days, immediately began to stimulate with 450IU Gonal F and mini-HCG after my day 3 suppression check. We went from retrieving 3 eggs in my last cycle, to getting 10 eggs! Of the 10 eggs, 4 fertilized and 2 grew to a blastocyst which is the farthest we had gotten. Unfortunately, both blastocysts were abnormal but upon reflection I'm so grateful to have used PGT-A to avoid wasting time and money on blastocyst that would not result in a viable egg. Overall, we're still a challenging case and I can't say we have a happy ending yet. However, Dr. Marshall has and continues to do everything she can to support patients like me who are really challenging. She hasn't forced donors eggs on us and she's supportive of going forward with additional IVF cycles.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
If you have questions always ask Dr. Marshall, she really wants to make sure patients have all the information they need to understand the options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the protocols Lorna Marshall used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
2mg estrogen lead in. Day 3 stimulation with Clomid 100mg, Gonal F 450IU, mini-HCG 20 units. Stimulated for 12 days (which is 5 days longer than my previous cycle). Added in Cetrotide at some point, but I forget when.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Brenna )
Brenna is a fantastic IVF coordinator. She quickly responds to my emails and phone calls and provides detailed information.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Pacific NW Fertility overall has been a great clinic. We did our ultrasounds/monitoring in Bellevue because it was more convenient and the procedures in Seattle. The quality of the staff is equal at both locations and we met with different doctors and nurses during the monitoring phase and everyone was wonderful. I especially appreciate the egg retrieval set up because each PNWF patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic, all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of previous retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility.
Not sure because insurance hasn't billed us yet.
Seattle

We saw Dr. Marshall for a second opinion IVF appointment which I expected would be fairly perfunctory. I couldn't have been more wrong. Dr. Marshall had gone through our large stack of medical records and had detailed notes on exactly what she would recommend and provided thoughtful answers to all our questions. She has been incredibly supportive and caring throughout this process (which is still underway) and you can tell she is genuinely rooting for us...I mentioned to her that my previous clinic never technically categorized me as diminished ovarian reserve. Her response, "Really? Of course, you have diminished ovarian reserves and there are very successful treatment protocols that we've developed. We just need to adjust your treatment plan."
Brenna [at Pacific NW Fertility] is a fantastic IVF coordinator. She quickly responds to my emails and phone calls and provides detailed information...IVF including meds, ICSI and PGS $22,000...I especially appreciate the egg retrieval set up because each PNWF patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic, all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of previous retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Before meeting with Dr. Marshall, we had two very disappointing IVF cycles at a previous clinic. I'm 36 years-old with diminished ovarian reserves and in the previous two cycles I had retrieved 4 eggs (1 fertilized) and 2 eggs (0 fertilized). I felt like a total failure after the 2nd IVF cycle so I decided to reach out for a second opinion and selected Dr. Marshall based on some of the FertilityIQ reviews about diminished ovarian reserve. We met with Dr. Marshall and it was night and day from our previous clinic. In our one-hour consultation she arrived with detailed notes on our medical history and jumped right in with new protocol recommendations. I mentioned to her that my previous clinic never technically categorized me as diminished ovarian reserve. Her response, "Really? Of course, you have diminished ovarian reserves and there are very successful treatment protocols that we've developed. We just need to adjust your treatment plan." This interaction made me feel so good just to know that there was a path forward. Dr. Marshall answered all our questions thoughtfully and backed up her suggestions with clinical research findings. My husband and I knew after that first meeting that we had to switch to Dr. Marshall and we were grateful that she would consider taking our case given the challenge and likelihood that it might lower the clinic's success statistics. Fast forward to our first IVF cycle with Dr. Marshall, she had me on an estrogen lead in protocol to suppress the lead follicles. I took Clomid for five days, immediately began stimulation with 450IU Gonal F and mini-HCG after my day 3 suppression check. We went from retrieving 3 eggs in my last cycle to getting 10 eggs! Of the 10 eggs, 4 fertilized and 2 grew to a blastocyst which is the farthest we had gotten. Unfortunately, both blastocysts were abnormal but upon reflection I'm so grateful to have used PGT-A to avoid wasting time and money on blastocyst that would not result in a viable pregnancy. Overall, we're still a challenging case and I can't say we have a happy ending yet. However, Dr. Marshall has and continues to do everything she can to support patients like me who are really challenging. She hasn't forced donors eggs on us and she's supportive of going forward with additional IVF cycles.
If you have questions always ask Dr. Marshall, she really wants to make sure patients have all the information they need to understand their options.
Lead in with 2mg estrogen 2x daily. Day 3 stimulation with Clomid 100mg, Gonal F 450IU, mini-HCG 20 units. Stimulated for 12 days (which is 5 days longer than my previous cycle). Added in Cetrotide at some point, but I forget when.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Pacific NW Fertility overall has been a great clinic. We completed ultrasounds/monitoring in Bellevue because it was more convenient and had all surgical procedures in Seattle. The quality of the staff is equal at both locations and we met with different doctors and nurses during the monitoring phase and everyone was wonderful. I especially appreciate the egg retrieval process at PNWF because each patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of other retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience. I especially appreciate the egg retrieval set up because each PNWF patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic, all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of previous retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience.
IVF including meds, ICSI and PGS $22,000
Seattle

She [Dr. Marshall] had more thoroughly reviewed our file and had a more in depth conversation with us about our situation than our medical team at our previous clinic...we have seen Dr. Marshall throughout the entire cycle...suggested a completely different protocol and the results were dramatically different compared to our previous 2 cycles (round 1: 4 embryos - all abnormal, round 2: 2 embryos - all abnormal, moved to Dr. Marshall, round 3: 11 embryos, 2 normal). (I have a genetic condition that results in a small % of normal embryos) Beyond the outcome, the experience felt different - from her proactive communication, to her kind and thorough bedside manner, to the fact that even though she didn't do the retrieval surgery, she popped in right after to check on us - it felt like she was on our side and we were on the s
Brenna and Emily [nurses at Pacific NW Fertility] were absolutely incredible. They were caring, proactive, detail oriented and incredibly skilled...The medical staff has been helpful in tailoring our plan to use leftover medications from previous cycles. The finance department is quick to answer with any questions (e.g. how much will this count towards our insurance cap?)...They are incredibly organized and proactive - whether it is the fact that every time I go for monitoring they are able to take my blood early, to the fact that the finance team remembers my name and my situation - they are fantastic.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
We absolutely love Dr. Marshall. We came to her from SRM to get a second opinion because it felt like we were trying the same protocol over and over again with no results. When we walked out of that meeting, my husband looked at me and said 'I don't care if the results are different, she makes me feel calm and actually cared for." We switched immediately after. Dr. Marshall suggested a completely different protocol and the results were dramatically different compared to our previous 2 cycles (round 1: 4 embryos - all abnormal, round 2: 2 embryos - all abnormal, moved to Dr. Marshall, round 3: 11 embryos, 2 normal). (I have a genetic condition that results in a small % of normal embryos) Beyond the outcome, the experience felt different - from her proactive communication, to her kind and thorough bedside manner, to the fact that even though she didn't do the retrieval surgery, she popped in right after to check on us - it felt like she was on our side and we were on the same team throughout the entire process. We are doing a 4th round to get a few more embryos and I feel completely confident in Dr. Marshall. Finding her has been a game changer in reducing the anxiety and stress of this entire experience, while also giving us a better outcome.
Ask her for a second opinion if you are thinking of moving to her from another clinic. She had more thoroughly reviewed our file and had a more in depth conversation with us about our situation than our medical team at our previous clinic.
Coming to PNW from SRM and working with Dr. Marshall was a complete game changer when it came to results (2 unsuccessful rounds at SRM, 1 successful round at PNW) as well as when it came to quality and type of care. For this first time in months, we felt like we had hope - we were asked questions about what we wanted, we were told what was going on at each stage and we were treated like we mattered. At SRM, we never saw our Doctor during the cycle - all appointments were with different technicians. At PNW we have seen Dr. Marshall throughout the entire cycle and the nurses have been responsive, pro-active and caring.
The stimulation portion of our IVF treatment plan included 450 IU of Gonal-F, 20 IU mini HCG, and 250 mcg Ganirelix. For the trigger, we used a dual trigger (Lupron and HCG). We have yet to do an embryo transfer since we'd like to bank a few more first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily and Brenna)
Brenna and Emily were absolutely incredible. They were caring, proactive, detail oriented and incredibly skilled. A few examples: when we ordered our medications they knew which pharmacies had which medications available and which had the lowest prices; they had us come in a day early for monitoring given the high dose of medications we were on; they answered the 3000 questions we had when we transferred from our old clinic; they genuinely seems invested in the outcomes and shared out joy with the results; they were diligent in checking on us post-retrieval; every time we debriefed with them after monitoring they were thorough and kind; all of our emails were answered within a day - we have never waited (whether in person or via email) - they are incredibly responsive.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
PNW has been fantastic. They are incredibly organized and proactive - whether it is the fact that every time I go for monitoring they are able to take my blood early, to the fact that the finance team remembers my name and my situation - they are fantastic.
We're fortunate to have insurance cover a large portion of the bill. Our coverage is capped, so we still have reason to keep costs down. The medical staff has been helpful in tailoring our plan to use leftover medications from previous cycles. The finance department is quick to answer with any questions (e.g. how much will this count towards our insurance cap?). They have proactively gotten pre-authorizations from our insurance company without us asking or being involved. At SRM, we had to call daily to ask them to submit the pre-auth and then follow up daily to make sure progress was being made, so this was a very welcome change.
Describe Lorna Marshall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
We indicated our preference to transfer one embryo at a time and Dr. Marshall agreed.
Seattle

She [Dr. Shahine] was very kind and helpful, from initial meeting she was looking out for our best interests and fully explained the process we were about to embark on. Her team always got back to me promptly and created safe plan of actions with her...Nurses on site perform the actual IUI and her staff consults her after blood word and relays into to me....
They [Pacific NW Fertility] are organized, on time, helpful, communicative & supportive...Each appointment, procedure and test has a cost. For IUI, each ultrasound was $190 (usually 3 per cycle so $570) + blood work. Medication like letrezole was covered by insurance but HCG shots were $150 each month. Each IUI was $282 so each month it was ~ $1,050. Now as we prepare for IVF, there is blood work required, medications and we dont have the individual cost but were told its starts at $25k and to estimate more for things like genetic testing.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She was very kind and helpful, from initial meeting she was looking out for our best interests and fully explained the process we were about to embark on. Her team always got back to me promptly and created safe plan of actions with her. I would recommend Dr Shahine to friends/ family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Ask questions! Have a list of questions for your first appointment and don’t be afraid to follow up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
We met with her once in person and once over video conference (due to corona virus) and she is very friendly, thoughtful & helpful. Nurses on site perform the actual IUI and her staff consults her after blood word and relays into to me.
Describe the protocols Lora Shahine used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
I initially did bloodwork and the HSG grate and then started with medicated cycles and IUI. I took letrezole in the beginning plus the HCG trigger shot before ovulation. after a few months and one anovulation cycle later we doubled the dose. The last month I did IUI, I was on letrezole beginning of my cycle, took the HCG trigger shot and also started progesterone after ovulation. I got a positive pregnancy test and then with blood work a few times after, my levels were declining. We did multiple blood draws over the next month to track this pregnancy to 0 HCG. This was the last IUI before IVF. Now with the clinics closed due to coronavirus, we wait 😌
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Her nursing team is very caring and friendly.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Overall I have been very impressed. They are organized, on time, helpful, communicative & supportive. There are so many people that come through their doors and they clearly have an organized method to the madness.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe Lora Shahine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
It’s very situational but from what i have learned a he believes in single embryo transfer for healthy women under 35. It’s situational but i have a few other friends who have seen her and she also recommended single embryo transfer. Doesn’t want to risk multiple embryos if you only have a few good ones.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Rothenberg patiently listens and then gives you science. She helps keep you rational...With Dr. Rothenberg and her team I always felt taken care of. I have recurrent pregnancy loss so their professionalism and empathy was really critical for my emotional well-being during treatment. They were exceptionally good with communication about my situation...Dr. Rothenberg entertained every question I could possibly think of and for every scenario
This is a top notch operation [Pacific NW Fertility]...Don’t underestimate how important communication and the simple act of answering the phone is. Other clinics might call you back after almost always having to leave messages, days later. PNWF will actually pick up the phone...Complete transparency and communication from everyone
How was your experience with Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility?
She isn’t a bulls$&77er about what’s happening or treatment which I really appreciate. Infertility can lead you down some dark places and through many rabbit holes of things people swear worked for them and their miracle babies. Dr. Rothenberg patiently listens and then gives you science. She helps keep you rational.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility?
Research, ask questions, be your own advocate, but listen to your doctor. She gives great information and feedback but you have to ask the questions. Dr. Rothenberg entertained every question I could possibly think of and for every scenario.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the protocols Stephanie Rothenberg used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Initially everything was on the table for us because our labs came back fine. We elected to do IUI with Letrozole and the HcG trigger shot. We could have started with IVF but decided why use dynamite when a sparkler might work? We were successful, but miscarried.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Team Rothenberg )
My comments for Dr. Rothenberg apply to the nursing staff as well. Complete transparency and communication from everyone.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This is a top notch operation. I’ve since moved to Indiana and every clinic here is a disappointment in comparison. Don’t underestimate how important communication and the simple act of answering the phone is. Other clinics might call you back after almost always having to leave messages, days later. PNWF will actually pick up the phone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility.
IUIs are, in total, about $900, and meds are $140.
Stephanie Rothenberg
Seattle

Dr Broughton has been very understanding and very caring about our situation and what we have went through. She is finding answers for us. She is very knowledgeable and very educated. I love that she has a very extensive background with the female body. I trust her completely. She takes the time to let me talk and answers al my questions. ...
I love that they have a lab in clinic so if doctor wants to order something while we are there they can get it done ASAP. ... They do there best to help with billing insurance for things that are infertility and not infertility related. ... The nurses are amazing. Amber has mostly been my nurse since I started going to PNWF she has always been amazing at responding to my emails and phone calls. Which I wrote and call a lot because I am from out of town and we travel back and forth.
How was your experience with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
You are in good hands! Trust the process and the journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
When D.r Swelstad left the clinic we were sad we liked him. We got pregnant with our son and lost him at 18weeks. Dr Broughton became our new doctor she is so smart and knowledgeable she was very sweet understanding and determined for us. We appreciate her.
Describe the protocols Darcy Broughton used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr Broughton took the time to go through our whole history with us and each round we went through step by step. We did a round with her and she kept track of my body and how it was reacting. She noticed my lining was thick so she suggested we do a sis procedure and sure enough we found a polyp that was keeping my lining so thick. So we did a hysteroscopy and now we are waiting for Aunt Flo to show up so we can start another round of iui with trigger Letrozole and follistim. She also adjusted the meds and amounts daily. We are very hopeful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
The nurses are amazing. Amber has mostly been my nurse since I started going to PNWF she has always been amazing at responding to my emails and phone calls. Which I wrote and call a lot because I am from out of town and we travel back and forth. Amber has been very supportive from the time we first started to when she got to call us and tell us we were pregnant to finding out we lost our son.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I wish they would open a clinic in Yakima or somewhere closer to me! I love that they have a lab in clinic so if doctor wants to order something while we are there they can get it done ASAP. To a new patient I would say you are in good hands. They are amazing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility.
They do there best to help with billing insurance for things that are infertility and not infertility related. My insurance covers nothing with infertility so when we do my hsg or my sis procedure or my hysteroscopy all of those things get covered by insurance because they are not infertility and labs. So every little thing helps!
Darcy Broughton
Seattle

Dr Shahine was always prepared for our meetings. ...Due to DOR, age, family goals, and history of repeat pregnancy loses she gave us timeline of ~6 months to try this intervention if we had the energy for it and then suggested we move onto IVF. IVF would allow us best chance of success and also allow us to test for chromosomal abnormalities to dec risk of repeat miscarriage. ...
Their office [Pacific NW Fertility] can be difficult to find your first time or two to the clinic as signage is poor in the towers so it is tricky if you can't remember what floor to go to and what tower you should be in. ... Primary nurse, Michelle was organized with timelines and calendars of appointments, lab work, etc. ... There office staff is always very professional. All appointments have been on time. The office is always very clean.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine was always prepared for our meetings. What sets her apart from other physicians, is that she engaged both my husband and I in the conversation. This helped her to gauge our individual personalities, emotions, and learning styles in order to know how to best present information to us which often meant in 2 various styles - 1 that worked better for my husband, and one that worked better for me. Dr Shahine quickly read that I needed to process information in an evidence based method. She presented me with the most incredible resource (a book she authored on miscarriage and repeat pregnancy loss) and was able to factually support her decision making process. I have had repeat pregnancy loses and was seen by more provider than I can count. Other providers would dance around my questions regarding miscarriage whereas Dr Shahine was genuinely empathetic but provided me with evidence based research for what things may be linked to miscarriage. This helped my brain process information and felt like I had some control. The control to me was knowledge. I am the person that needs to know the "but why", and she always delivered the answers.
Write down all your questions in advance of your meeting with her. She will notice your list of questions and allow you time to ask every question you have.
Dr Shahine always is very warm in her welcome. She genuinely listens to your concerns and shares in your heartbreak without rushing you or showing signs of being uncomfortable. She allows you to process and talk through your emotions which I believe helped her guide her decision making process with us. When asking to share her reasons in her decision making process she presents pros and cons and always cites examples we have given in relation to our "feelings".
Dr Lora Shahine took over my care after other physicians left the practice thus I was already on a regimented protocol that she agreed with so we did not need to make any adjustments. At that time I was taking Femera on days 3-7 of my cycle, with ultrasound monitoring appointments to ensure the mature eggs where on the side in which my Fallopian tube was not blocked to ensure best change at success, when the follicle measured the correct size I would have a trigger injection with IUI within 36 hours. Due to DOR, age, family goals, and history of repeat pregnancy loses she gave us timeline of ~6 months to try this intervention if we had the energy for it and then suggested we move onto IVF. IVF would allow us best chance of success and also allow us to test for chromosomal abnormalities to dec risk of repeat miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Primary nurse, Michelle was organized with timelines and calendars of appointments, lab work, etc. They recently moved to a model to have a "care team" which they believe allows for improved communication time. I have not been as impressed with others on the care team as they do not seem to be as informed on my particular case and give insufficient answers to my questions (they do not address all questions asked) and often contradict what the primary nurse and MD's plan was which makes it frustrating. I feel most confident when Michelle answers my questions. I also have never met the other care providers so I believe without a face to face meeting they may treat me more as a number vs human
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They are open 7 days a week. The first appointment may take a while to get however once you are an established patient it is very easy to make appointments when needed. There office staff is always very professional. All appointments have been on time. The office is always very clean. Their office can be difficult to find your first time or two to the clinic as signage is poor in the towers so it is tricky if you can't remember what floor to go to and what tower you should be in.
My insurance does cover some expenses however many things, especially medications are cash pay only despite insurance saying they cover fertility benefits.
We have not yet fully discussed this with MD thus can not provide information on this at this time.
Seattle

Dr. Shahine took the time to talk with me one on one. When she did, she praised me for taking charge of my health and also made sure I knew that my miscarriages were not my fault.... Dr. Shahine recommenced a 3D ultrasound to evaluate the shape of my uterus and check for a septum. When the results came back inconclusive she recommended a hysteroscopy to get a direct look and to diagnose/treat any abnormalities that may be causing my recurrent pregnancy loss.
The clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is always running on time, they are very friendly, and they have the capability to draw labs, and do ultrasounds and other procedures on site. The rooms are private and not super clinical which is nice.... The nursing staff is very kind. I was very nervous at my first appointment and they took time to comfort me and show me compassion....The clinic was upfront with costs associated with things if you didn’t have insurance coverage and provided cost sheets when requested for hysteroscopy, IVF, IUI, etc.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine was so kind throughout the process. My initial meeting with her was great, she quickly coordinated the care that I needed to receive. When she sensed my hesitancy when we were discussing surgery, she assured me she wouldn’t do anything that she didn’t need to to, and that’s she wasn’t a surgical cowboy. This meant a lot to me because I’ve had anxiety regarding recovery time. When my surgery had to be cancelled last minute (day of surgery), she personally called me to discuss why and apologize, and offered to write a letter for work and got me rescheduled ASAP.
I would simply tell them to pick Dr. Shahine.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is always running on time, they are very friendly, and they have the capability to draw labs, and do ultrasounds and other procedures on site. The rooms are private and not super clinical which is nice.
All of my care was covered under my insurance as pre-conception screening or screening for abnormalities. I did not have any “infertility” related billing. The clinic was upfront with costs associated with things if you didn’t have insurance coverage and provided cost sheets when requested for hysteroscopy, IVF, IUI, etc.
Not applicable

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr Shahine recommended a single embryo transfer, which we agreed with. We also appreciated her recommendation to do PGS testing on our day 5 embryos to essentially up our odds of success with the single embryo transfer approach...treated me with respect, and I thought very highly of her background, research, and passion about with what she does, as well as her involvement with organizations and individuals outside of the clinic that support infertility.
During our IVF cycle our primary nurse [at Pacific NW Fertility] was very responsive, compassionate, and helpful. I felt very supported, and never hesitated to reach out to ask questions...Monitoring was scheduled when convenient with my schedule during the week. The appts on the weekend are scheduled in time order, which makes it less convenient, but not beyond reason...Costs were given upfront and conveyed very clearly. There were no hidden costs.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
From our initial meeting through our IVF treatments, Dr. Shahine was kind, informative, and compassionate, all traits that my husband and I valued while going through an emotional time in our fertility journey. I felt very listened to, and any concerns or topics I asked about were addressed and discussed with respect and honesty. I liked that we saw her every visit and that she always made time to ask how I was feeling. She coordinated the care that I needed to receive very smoothly.
Ask any question that you may have around any and all parts of your treatment. No question is too big, or too small, and Doctor Shahine was very receptive, open, and honest to any questions we brought forward.
Doctor Shahine consistently checked up with me during my iVF cycle, always making sure to ask how I was feeling. I truly felt listened to and felt like the staff cared for my well being during such an emotional time. I felt like Dr Shahine treated me with respect, and I thought very highly of her background, research, and passion about with what she does, as well as her involvement with organizations and individuals outside of the clinic that support infertility.
My initial protocol involved testing to properly diagnose the reasoning for infertility, including a Hysterosalpingography, Saline sonogram, bloodwork to check such levels as FsH, estradiol, TSH, Anti mullerian hormone level, and progesterone. When my husband and I decided to do IVF, Dr. Shahine set up a FET protocol for my IVF cycle, due to the potential of ovarian overstimulation. This included birth control pills, Ganirelix, Gonal F, minced dose HCG, and Progesterone in Oil injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Call)
During our IVF cycle our primary nurse was very responsive, compassionate, and helpful. I felt very supported, and never hesitated to reach out to ask questions. We are now back at the clinic, and though we now have a team of nurses assigned vs a primary nurse, I still feel the same. The nursing staff I have met thus far is very supportive, & quick to respond to emails.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is very well run overall. Staff are respectful, kind, attentive, and prompt in returning emails and phone calls. I truly feel like the staff I communicate with knows my name, and I feel very comfortable reaching out with any questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific NW Fertility.
Costs were given upfront and conveyed very clearly. There were no hidden costs.
Seattle

After my third miscarriage I searched online for books on recurrent miscarriage. I came across Dr. Shahine's book, "Not Broken". I learned so much from it. Fast forward another year at a clinic across the country where I live, I had gone through a very successful egg retrieval but had two failed transfers. I was defeated...I booked a second opinion consult with her. I am so very thankful I did! She first started our conversation with "I just want to say that I am so sorry you are going through this.". Those simple words meant so much to me and my husband and made us immediately feel like she cared. She showed so much empathy with us. It really stood out to us.
Everytime I called or emailed any of the staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] they were prompt to answer. I was impressed with that. Brittany helped me make sure I got all of my information to them and that I had filled out everything that I needed to...She [Dr. Shahine] recommended trying metformin starting before our next transfer. I am lean PCOS and have never had issues with my blood glucose so I hadn't ever tried it. She cited the study by Dr. Zev Williams suggesting benefits in PCOS with metformin. I have felt incredible since taking it. She also recommended lovenox as an immunmodulator. I did this as well a low dose of 40 mg. So far my pregnancy has been on the right track. So thankful for these suggestions
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine had read through my chart thoroughly before our consult. She was aware of my entire case, and my chart is a thick one. She went over extra details she had questions about and we discussed those. She then made her recommendations based on research and sited those studies. She stressed that we had done nothing to cause our many miscarriages, failed transfers and were doing everything we could. However, she did make two changes and suggestions for our doctor here in town. I can say that I am now pregnant after our third transfer, and I truly feel that it's Dr. Shahine's suggestions made all the difference. I would highly recommend her to anyone. Especially those who have had recurrent miscarriage. We need more providers with the care and compassion that she has!
She is incredibly thoughtful, knows all the current studies, is humble and is just all around an incredible doctor. Highly recommend.
After my third miscarriage I searched online for books on recurrent miscarriage. I came across Dr. Shahine's book, "Not Broken". I learned so much from it. Fast forward another year at a clinic across the country where I live, I had gone through a very successful egg retrieval but had two failed transfers. I was defeated. I had been following Dr. Shahine on instagram for over a year. I booked a second opinion consult with her. I am so very thankful I did! She first started our conversation with "I just want to say that I am so sorry you are going through this.". Those simple words meant so much to me and my husband and made us immediately feel like she cared. She showed so much empathy with us. It really stood out to us.
She recommended trying metformin starting before our next transfer. I am lean PCOS and have never had issues with my blood glucose so I hadn't ever tried it. She cited the study by Dr. Zev Williams suggesting benefits in PCOS with metformin. I have felt incredible since taking it. She also recommended lovenox as an immunmodulator. I did this as well a low dose of 40 mg. So far my pregnancy has been on the right track. So thankful for these suggestions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
I had Jennifer call me to get all of my information before my consult with Dr. Shahine. She was so kind, thorough and paid attention to detail. All of her notes she took were correct for when we had our appointment with Dr. Shahine.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Everytime I called or emailed any of the staff they were prompt to answer. I was impressed with that. Brittany helped me make sure I got all of my information to them and that I had filled out everything that I needed to.
It was a second opinion consult so it was not much. I am thankful for that!
She strongly encouraged us to only transfer one embryo. We took her advice and continued with only one.
Seattle

Julie [Lamb] was smart, capable, and super caring from our very first meeting. She was like a breath of fresh air after a few bad experiences with previous doctors. We just loved her and felt so special and taken care of under her care. ... I am advanced maternal age (38) and we used a sperm donor because my husband has azoospermia, so Julie was very thoughtful and had a clear strategy from the beginning. We didn’t really weigh many options and decided to go with her recommendation, which was to do IVF.
Generally the clinics [Pacific NW Fertility] was super friendly, organized and well-run. We only had a few issues with communication, where the next steps weren’t clear to us, which caused some confusion and stress. They were always quick to make up for it and help us get back in track, though. ... The biggest example was when we found out we had only one viable embryo, but that the other 21 eggs didn’t survive. We were pretty shaken up.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Julie was smart, capable, and super caring from our very first meeting. She was like a breath of fresh air after a few bad experiences with previous doctors. We just loved her and felt so special and taken care of under her care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Go for it, no hesitation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Everyone was so thoughtful, caring, sweet, and fun. They felt like caring friends.
Describe the protocols Julie Lamb used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
I am advanced maternal age (38) and we used a sperm donor because my husband has azoospermia, so Julie was very thoughtful and had a clear strategy from the beginning. We didn’t really weigh many options and decided to go with her recommendation, which was to do IVF. We did all testing recommended. I even had a hysteroscopy done to make sure everything was clear and healthy. At our retrieval we were thrilled to get 22 eggs, but unfortunately only one healthy embryo. Thank goodness for that miracle embryo that is now a 4.5 mo baby in my belly. We feel truly lucky and appreciative of the direction Julie took with our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Claire )
We had a team under Julie, which was two other nurses who regularly communicated with us. One was fabulous (Claire), while the other was good, but had some issues (Nicole).
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Generally the clinics was super friendly, organized and well-run. We only had a few issues with communication, where the next steps weren’t clear to us, which caused some confusion and stress. They were always quick to make up for it and help us get back in track, though.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility.
Our insurance didn’t cover any of it and it was very expensive, approx $40,000
Describe Julie Lamb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
We only had the option of a single transfer because we only ended up having one.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
There were a few times when we weren’t sure about next steps and they weren’t explained to us clearly. The biggest example was when we found out we had only one viable embryo, but that the other 21 eggs didn’t survive. We were pretty shaken up. We asked questions and were anxious to continue onto the next step, but our specific nurse (Nicole) was unable to explain it to us in a clear or compassionate manner. We felt very insecure about proceeding with our embryo transfer and felt like we had to really push to continue on with it.

2019, Consult
I have only met with Dr. Shahine for an initial IVF consult. In the time I spent with her I found her to be very kind and compassionate. She was equally concerned about my emotional well being as getting to the end result of having a healthy pregnancy/baby. She was very informative and provided many resources. I felt that she wasn't just trying to get me to do IVF, she wanted to explore other options first and make sure my health was in good shape before moving forward. I appreciate her honesty and care in discussing such sensitive topics.
The clinic's [Pacific NW Fertility] strengths are their warm and kind service. I have always felt so comfortable at what could be a very uncomfortable visit. This clinic is also very efficient and my team has been incredibly responsive with information and any concerns I may have. They have several beautiful locations and are flexible in appointment times and days of availability.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Have an open mind and be ready that IVF isn't the first coarse of action to take.
Dr. Shahine was very compassionate towards my experiences. She spoke to me with kindness and without judgement, acknowledging how much my husband and I have been through. She provided resources to treat my emotional needs as well as my physical needs. Dr. Shahine never left me feeling hopeless.
She currently has me working with a nutritionist who specializes in fertility and PCOS. Additionally she is having me lose weight and continue trying naturally at home until my weight is at a safer space for IVF treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
The nursing staff has always been so kind, warm and welcoming. I have always felt incredibly comfortable at every visit.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic's strengths are their warm and kind service. I have always felt so comfortable at what could be a very uncomfortable visit. This clinic is also very efficient and my team has been incredibly responsive with information and any concerns I may have. They have several beautiful locations and are flexible in appointment times and days of availability.
Just the initial consult was covered by insurance
2017 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. Julie Lamb] took the time to talk to me and really listened. She went out of her way to help me fulfill my dream of being pregnant by Christmas. She also celebrated small wins along the way. And for times when my numbers weren’t great she stayed optimistic yet realistic. She was positive and caring...has a very sunshiny demeanor. She is very intelligent and treated me with respect, taking the time to explain everything. She let me direct things and helped guide decisions that were right for me. She was the perfect blend of candid and caring. She made a scary process almost fun. She even held my hand before each egg retrieval as I went to sleep.
She [nurse at Pacific NW Fertility] was SO ORGANIZED and took a lot of stress out of the process. She also taught me to do injections and made me feel like a pro...I paid about $15000 per round... They work with you financially. You get personal treatment. You feel like a human. The main blood draw person is so good at it too. The front desk people are fast and have it together...First round went better than expected with 8 eggs and 4 embryos but only one passed the genetic screening.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Lamb has a very sunshiny demeanor. She is very intelligent and treated me with respect, taking the time to explain everything. She let me direct things and helped guide decisions that were right for me. She was the perfect blend of candid and caring. She made a scary process almost fun. She even held my hand before each egg retrieval as I went to sleep.
Schedule in advance because she books up fast!
She took the time to talk to me and really listened. She went out of her way to help me fulfill my dream of being pregnant by Christmas. She also celebrated small wins along the way. And for times when my numbers weren’t great she stayed optimistic yet realistic. She was positive and caring.
I ended up with a very low AMH so she said to plan for 3-4 IVF cycles which was more than I had originally anticipated. I wanted to freeze some embryos and some eggs. First round went better than expected with 8 eggs and 4 embryos but only one passed the genetic screening. Next round we kept the same plan and I got one more healthy embryo. We decided to do a couple more rounds for eggs - I was using a friend sperm donor and didn’t know if I would have a husband in the future. I froze 11 eggs. We decided to try a FET for one embryo and if it didn’t work I would do another round of IVF but it worked and I got my Christmas miracle. She even came out to the waiting room to give me a hug when I was there for the blood test to confirm pregnancy.
Danielle was the best nurse I have ever had. She was SO ORGANIZED and took a lot of stress out of the process. She also taught me to do injections and made me feel like a pro. She was so encouraging, caring, and positive. Also smart and knowledgeable. Nursing perfection.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They are great. Detail oriented. They work with you financially. You get personal treatment. You feel like a human. The main blood draw person is so good at it too. The front desk people are fast and have it together.
I paid about $15000 per round
I knew I only wanted her to put one in. I had already genetically tested them. She recommended the same so it wasn’t even much of a discussion.
Seattle

She [Dr. Marshall] is very straight forward but not too blunt. When talking about my chances being lower than others because of low egg count she talked us through specific number examples and let us throw in hypothetical questions. She set the expectations really well in our very first appointment so we have felt like we've been "on track" because it's working out to match what she set us up for - it's not ideal (of course I wish it was way easier) but she's been really good about knowing what we can expect.
I was able to talk to someone at the clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] whenever I needed to. My nurse took my calls and emails every day - even when I repeated myself and she didn't make me feel like I was bothering her. ...The clinic has been great. The hours work well - during a cycle you get appointments around 8 and 8:30 on the weekdays. The Saturday/Sunday appointments are all morning appointments.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
She is very straight forward but not too blunt. When talking about my chances being lower than others because of low egg count she talked us through specific number examples and let us throw in hypothetical questions. She set the expectations really well in our very first appointment so we have felt like we've been "on track" because it's working out to match what she set us up for - it's not ideal (of course I wish it was way easier) but she's been really good about knowing what we can expect.
Don't be afraid to ask your questions. She is so smart and it could be intimidating to ask what might feel like a dumb question but she's actually very patient with the crazy things I've asked her. It's ok to keep asking why - she'll answer when she can and be honest when there is no explanation for a specific result.
I was able to talk to someone at the clinic whenever I needed to. My nurse took my calls and emails every day - even when I repeated myself and she didn't make me feel like I was bothering her. She let me express my worry and explained the process as many times as I wanted to hear it very kindly.
My first IVF cycle was with hcg (20 units) and folistim (450 units). The folistim is at the highest dose because I have very few eggs for someone my age. We started a day earlier than planned and retrieved a day earlier than predicted. I stayed at those dosages the whole cycle and the trigger was planned when the largest follicle was at about 19 mm. Early on she let me know it would be best to do retrievals now if I want to plan for more than one child because my egg count is so low so we are starting a second cycle now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
The staff at this clinic has treated me so well since our first appointment - they are actually the reason I was even open to the idea of IVF. Before meeting them I had imagined it to be too difficult and painful for me to take on. After our first appointment I felt I was in good hands and they were already reassuring me that I could do this. Emily my nurse and coordinator is the best support I could ask for. She has been so kind and patient and available during what has been the biggest challenge of my life. I can't imagine doing this all without Emily. I can't recommend her enough.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic has been great. The hours work well - during a cycle you get appointments around 8 and 8:30 on the weekdays. The Saturday/Sunday appointments are all morning appointments. They have wifi in the lobby so when I've had to wait for results I was able to stay busy. Everyone on the phone and in person is kind and understanding.
Seattle

From the first time I met her [Dr. Lora Shahine] I felt so comfortable. You can tell she genuinely cares for her patients, getting to the cause of your fertility problems and coming up with an individual care plan to help achieve your end goal. I feel welcomed and listened to each time I’m with her and her clinical team...has a sweet demeanor, has great bedside manor and is very to the point. She is great at listening and answering every question I present. I began seeing her after my previous RE retired within the practice. The transition was seemless and I am so pleased with the attention to detail and protocol she has put in place for me.
[The nurses at Pacific NW Fertility were] Very attentive and thorough in answering my questions and in a timely matter...Front office staff hasn’t been calling to remind me of my upcoming appointments. Also, I have had a few issues with the billing department. Make sure you take notes and review billing statements. Thankfully I am very organized. Everyone is very friendly. The clinic is clean. And I’m always brought back on time or if not they have communicated with me. I appreciate that.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine has a sweet demeanor, has great bedside manor and is very to the point. She is great at listening and answering every question I present. I began seeing her after my previous RE retired within the practice. The transition was seemless and I am so pleased with the attention to detail and protocol she has put in place for me.
Initially starting with a fertility consult can be very scary and intimidating and although she wasn’t my initial Dr on this journey I had to start over with a new protocol with her and I was immediately heard and cared for. She is relatable and incredibly knowledgeable. She is every active in the community, an author and advocate. Overall a great physician!
From the first time I met her I felt so comfortable. You can tell she genuinely cares for her patients, getting to the cause of your fertility problems and coming up with an individual care plan to help achieve your end goal. I feel welcomed and listened to each time I’m with her and her clinical team.
Dr. Shahine has set up a FET protocol for my which included birth control pills, a saline sonogram, Lupron, Estrogen patches and Progesterone in Oil injections. Lupron was part of my protocol due to the suspicion of endometriosis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Gray)
Very attentive and thorough in answering my questions and in a timely matter
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I did get a sheet with the 2018 FET cost estimate. I don’t have the specifics on hand but with meds it was around $6,000 per transfer.
All of the physicians with in the clinic agree that 1 healthy pregnancy at a time is best. Best for Mom and baby as a pregnancy with multiples run a higher chance of encountering risks. However, they will consider transferring 2 on a case by case basis.
Seattle

Doctor Shahine is very sympathetic to fertility struggles. Especially miscarriages. It doesn’t feel like you are a statistic or a dollar sign- she really does want to help you emotionally as well as physically to get results you want.... In my case I have a “balanced translocation” a condition with my chromosomes that can be passed down to my eggs that lead to miscarriages. Since a large number of my eggs would not result in a viable pregnancy, Doctor Shahine told me we would be more aggressive with the egg retrieval medication.
The clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is always clean and has a relaxing atmosphere. I’ve been seen in a timely manor and everyone I’ve come in contact with has been very kind and helpful. Getting to the office can be confusing the first time. The office is good about giving you instructions beforehand how to get there. You will have to pay for parking ($8) each appointment, that is a downside, however for good treatment it is worth it.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Doctor Shahine is really good at giving you all the options and staying neutral to allow you to make the best decision for you. However if you ask her “what would you do if you were in my situation?” She will give you an honest answer and list the reasons why. Which I appreciate. Doctor Shahine is really good at explaining treatment procedures and keeping you informed of what needs to happen.
You can never ask too many questions. Do some research on each treatment beforehand and come in with some questions written down.
In my case I have a “balanced translocation” a condition with my chromosomes that can be passed down to my eggs that lead to miscarriages. Since a large number of my eggs would not result in a viable pregnancy, Doctor Shahine told me we would be more aggressive with the egg retrieval medication. That way we’d have better odds of getting a “good egg.” The results were effective as we ended up with one embryo to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tara)
I don’t know how she manages to do this for every patient, but Tara is SO organized and quick to respond to any questions you have. She is sincere while being professional. She is fantastic at explaining procedures and giving you instructions on how to administer medication.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is always clean and has a relaxing atmosphere. I’ve been seen in a timely manor and everyone I’ve come in contact with has been very kind and helpful. Getting to the office can be confusing the first time. The office is good about giving you instructions beforehand how to get there. You will have to pay for parking ($8) each appointment, that is a downside, however for good treatment it is worth it.
A large portion of our treatment was covered by insurance. Treatment costs included egg retrieval, kearotype testing, fertility medication, PGD and PGS testing.
Seattle

Dr. Lamb has always been a candid and proactive part of my treatment. My partner and I came to the clinic with some complicated issues, so we are still undergoing treatment and discussing potential future treatments. I appreciated Dr. Lamb's personalized approach to my care, and I know that she truly wants us to leave the clinic with a baby.... I shared my ideas for potential protocol changes, and Dr. Lamb always explained to me why those changes would be good or bad with evidence to back up her answers. Don't be afraid to play an active role in your care and approach IVF as a team process.
I always feel like a human at Pacific Northwest Fertility. Everyone knows me by name and offers a kind word or a greeting when they see me.... The nursing staff is extremely busy, so it does take 24-48 hours to receive a response. I recommend sending all questions at once, rather than spacing them out over several e-mails and phone calls. The nursing staff is knowledgeable and professional, even when faced with the tough task of sharing bad news with the patient.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb has always been a candid and proactive part of my treatment. My partner and I came to the clinic with some complicated issues, so we are still undergoing treatment and discussing potential future treatments. I appreciated Dr. Lamb's personalized approach to my care, and I know that she truly wants us to leave the clinic with a baby. It's just a matter of finding the right path to get there. Dr. Lamb has been patient with my severe anxiety, and I appreciate her direct and scientific answers to my questions. I am very happy with my experience as a patient.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and ask for more explanations. I shared my ideas for potential protocol changes, and Dr. Lamb always explained to me why those changes would be good or bad with evidence to back up her answers. Don't be afraid to play an active role in your care and approach IVF as a team process.
I always feel like a human at Pacific Northwest Fertility. Everyone knows me by name and offers a kind word or a greeting when they see me. I definitely do not feel like a stranger coming into the clinic as just another number. The nurses and front desk staff are all incredibly warm and caring.
We used a higher dose of Follistim during cycling and triggered with HCG. All of my eggs produced were mature, but we didn't get as many healthy embryos as expected. We used IVF + ICSI. We are in the process of troubleshooting our approach for our next cycle since we are dealing with severe male factor infertility and less eggs making it to blast.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Clare Hatch)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This clinic is clean, professional, and warm. It was important for me to choose a clinic where I felt personally cared about. (I toured other clinics in the Seattle area that left me feeling like a number.) I never waited more than ten minutes for an appointment, and I was quite often seen early upon arrival. My monitoring appointments were a breeze and the clinic was running like a machine to move me through each step. Although this isn't what I planned for my life, I am happy to say that I feel like PNWF is my family.
The cost for a full cycle was approximately $18,000. This doesn't include medications and optional PGS testing.
Dr. Lamb prefers eSET/pursuing one healthy singleton pregnancy at a time.
Seattle

Dr Lamb has always been very forth-coming with the level of detail we were looking for in terms of understanding the science of what is (and is not) happening, AND she does it in a very compassionate and empathetic manner.... We really felt like to only patients in the clinic when she was sitting in front of us—she was never rushing off to another clinic appointment, never seemed annoyed by our questions—even when we had a half dozen of them!
Front desk staff [Pacific NW Fertility] is friendly, compassionate, and very responsive—both when we are standing in front of them and on the phone. The andrology lab seems to run really smoothly. When we come in for procedures, the rooms are prepared appropriately.... One prescription wasn’t called into our pharmacy in the timeframe we had expected. When we brought it to the clinic’s attention, the situation was immediately remedied.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
We initially chose to see Dr Lamb (as opposed to the another clinic provider) because her bio on the clinic website seemed like the best initial fit. As a lesbian couple who (initially) was “only needing IUI,” we were worried about feeling like “less of a priority” because we weren’t seeking IVF or something else complicated. But from our very first visit with Dr Lamb, it felt very clear that she was going to dedicate whatever time and attention our treatment plan required. We really felt like to only patients in the clinic when she was sitting in front of us—she was never rushing off to another clinic appointment, never seemed annoyed by our questions—even when we had a half dozen of them! She has always been very compassionate in her demeanor and is easy to talk to about very intimate details of our lives.
Don’t be afraid to ask the “hard questions” that you really want answers to or are wondering about — it might be scary to hear the answer, but hearing it from Dr Lamb really does make it a little easier!
Dr Lamb has always been very forth-coming with the level of detail we were looking for in terms of understanding the science of what is (and is not) happening, AND she does it in a very compassionate and empathetic manner. She reads people (at least she reads us!) very well, and seems to truly understand that even when we are struggling to understand the science, we are still in the midst of a very emotional process. She responds to our emotional display in slowing down a bit, asking if we need a break, etc—but never witholding or “sugar-coating” the information we are seeking.
We started with a very basic protocol because all labs, u/s, and hysterosalpingogram were normal. For our first 5 cycles, I took letrozole days 3-7, had a day 12 u/s, then timed ovulation trigger based on u/s results. For the 6th cycle, we tried a ten-day course of letrozole, but because of thin ing of the uterine lining, we didn’t continue that in cycle 7. Cycle 7 we did letrozole days 3-7 + injectables, with day 12 u/s. We used letrozole instead of clinic per Dr Lamb’s recommendation to lower the risk of multiples.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Peterson)
Ms Peterson was assigned to us a bit later in our treatment course—Dr Lamb’s primary medical assistant had had a couple of health-related leaves of absence, and while the clinic was trying to provide coverage, things just weren’t going as smoothly as we expected. When we raised this concern to Dr Lamb, she immediately asked Ms Peterson to follow-up and address our MA-RN related concerns. Tim’s Peterson exceeded our expectations for timely and thoughtful communication, and was clearly invested in preventing any further communication-related frustration.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Front desk staff is friendly, compassionate, and very responsive—both when we are standing in front of them and on the phone. The andrology lab seems to run really smoothly. When we come in for procedures, the rooms are prepared appropriately. We don’t have much experience with the on-site lab for blood draws. The clinic seems to always be running on time, which is pretty amazing. There was only one occasion when they were about ten minutes behind schedule, and we were informed at check-in, and an MA came out to give us an updated timeline so we knew what to expect (again, for just a ten minute delay).
We were provided with a price sheet at the very first appointment, and while we did not expect our insurance to cover any of our fertility-related care, the clinic agreed to bill insurance prior to collecting payment from us. Our insurance ended up covering some components of the care, and it was super convenient to us that hey had been willing to bill.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
Seattle

She [Dr. Shahine] does her homework about you prior so you don’t have to explain your story over and over. She is competent in her job, kind, compassionate, and direct. She really was amazing. She is willing to do what you want to do, or get you to the right people that you need. She works with outside facilities if you live outside the Seattle area.... She gave us the option of trying to do IVF with our own eggs but our chances of having a quality egg would be very low. If our end game was a healthy child she suggested we use donor eggs.
They [Pacific NW Fertility] were prompt returning emails and phone calls. They were all so kind especially for crazy people like me with all my questions. They truly are great people. They have a candy dish at the front desk. Chocolate really does calm nerves when you are so nervous to be in a place like that. Everyone has smiles on there faces. They make you feel human... We got quotes for both and outside monitor IVF with and with PGS and quotes for outside monitoring donor cycles. Costs ranged from 22,000ish to 40,000 ish with and without medications
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She does her homework about you prior so you don’t have to explain your story over and over. She is competent in her job, kind, compassionate, and direct. She really was amazing. She is willing to do what you want to do, or get you to the right people that you need. She works with outside facilities if you live outside the Seattle area.
You will love her. She is so kind, so caring. She is educated, direct and compassionate. She is prepared for your visit and treats you with respect and explains everything fully.
She is so kind but explains everything very well. She gets to the point but has compassion. She knew about us and didn’t have to look through a chart while she talked. She did her homework. She is amazing
She gave us the option of trying to do IVF with our own eggs but our chances of having a quality egg would be very low. If our end game was a healthy child she suggested we use donor eggs. But she wanted to make sure whatever choice we made she would go 100% toward that choice and do everything she could to make our dream come true
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Can’t remember her name)
The whole office was kind, welcoming and caring. The office was brightly lit wh big windows overlooking downtown seattle
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They were prompt returning emails and phone calls. They were all so kind especially for crazy people like me with all my questions. They truly are great people. They have a candy dish at the front desk. Chocolate really does calm nerves when you are so nervous to be in a place like that. Everyone has smiles on there faces. They make you feel human
I understand the single versus multiple egg transfer. Dr Shahine’s clinic promoted single egg high quality transfer. The thought of multiples scared us so that eased our minds.
Seattle

[Dr. Lamb's] schedule books quickly, and I did not see her on the majority of my visits or my egg retrieval...I'm 37 and had one prior egg retrieval that only resulted in 5 eggs, so we did BCP agonist, a higher dose of Gonal-F with the addition of mini HCG, and a HCG trigger. I generally have a high amount of follicles but my eggs need more to mature, and this seemed to do the trick.
This clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] has a rule that for PGS embryos, they will only transfer one single. I'm not sure of the policy on non-tested embryos, since we did not go that route...So far, we've had nothing bad to report. We've had no unexpected charges, and the lab and front desk have always been great. I particularly liked my nurse anesthetist, who really put me at ease during the actual egg retrieval.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb has been very compassionate and really clearly explained every step of the procedure, as well as the studies behind certain options that make her recommend or not recommend them. She seems incredibly up to date on the latest science.
Her schedule books quickly, and I did not see her on the majority of my visits or my egg retrieval, so you might want to plan that out ahead of time. However, all of the doctors or NPs I saw were great.
Dr. Lamb consistently takes the time to talk to me about my emotional state in addition to what's actually happening with treatment.
I ADORE my nurse coordinator, who has been helpful and easy to access via email whenever I have any questions. The staff is also exceptionally good at preparing you for what's to come.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
We went through insurance, so we were only out of pocket about $3000 for genetic testing. I believe the total billed to insurance was something like $18k.
This clinic has a rule that for PGS embryos, they will only transfer one single. I'm not sure of the policy on non-tested embryos, since we did not go that route.
Seattle
Lora Shahine makes us feel like family every time we enter her office! WE love her deeply and her care for us shows in her words and actions.... She always has a smile on her face and cares for her patients deeply. She has been a light in our darkest hours and I am grateful for her. Even in the hard times she shows hope for us.... We used estrogen patches and Lupron first cycle but it affected my lining negatively so we went with estrogen and estrace and no Lupron and it helped! Once we transferred I was on estrogen, progesterone, estrace and aspirin. This ended in a Chemical pregnancy
Pacific Northwest Fertility is a great clinic the staff, the lab techs, the blood drawers the nurses and main doctors are always there to help! I have no negatives! I would like to explain to a new patient that goes in expecting a baby the first round that it's not always like this and its a hard pill to swallow when it happens to you. But this clinic is there for you to help you get to your baby. Even with the struggles they are always comforting. Even when you just need to cry.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Lora Shahine is a caring individual. She always has a smile on her face and cares for her patients deeply. She has been a light in our darkest hours and I am grateful for her. Even in the hard times she shows hope for us.
Know that you aren't just working with a doctor. You will be working with a friend.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Grey)
Emily has been so amazing! I am the patient that sends over a million emails a day and she answers every single one in a timely manner! She is always smiling at our appointments and laughing along with us. She is a gem and we love her dearly and once again we are grateful God picked her for our team!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Monitoring appointments were great for us. We live over an hour and a half a way and we had back to back appointments during the winter and they always would either see us earlier or get us in right on time because they understood our travel.
So far for our whole experience we have spent a grand total of 30,000.00 including retrieval and transfer. Meds we have spent around 15,000.00 through our pharmacy.
I trust our doctor and what she says will be best for my body.
Seattle
He [Dr. Brad Swelstad] is caring and compassionate but also tells you how it is, not just what you want to hear. He will give you all the facts, good or bad, and allow you to make your own decisions. He is easy to understand and always has charts and visual aids to help explain things in an easy to understand way. Even though we have not yet had success, I believe he will get us to our goal and trust that he knows how to get there.
The ARNPs at Pacific Northwest Fertility are amazing. They are the ones that have done all my IUIs and ultrasounds. They are always pleasant and compassionate. The nursing staff and MA staff are okay. Sometimes they are hard to understand on the phone but they always call when they say they will and are more than willing to get answers to questions they don't know the answer to.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Swelstad is a pleasure to work with. He is caring and compassionate but also tells you how it is, not just what you want to hear. He will give you all the facts, good or bad, and allow you to make your own decisions. He is easy to understand and always has charts and visual aids to help explain things in an easy to understand way. Even though we have not yet had success, I believe he will get us to our goal and trust that he knows how to get there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
Listen to what he says, even if it is not what you want to hear. He will give you options but also give his opinion. I wish I had listened to his opinion earlier even though it would mean moving to IVF sooner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Swelstad took the time to get to know us and talk to us about our lives outside of fertility. Our visits are always personable and enjoyable and he takes time to just chat instead of being in a hurry to get to the next patient.
Describe the protocols Brad Swelstad used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
We started with Dr. Swedlstad after 3 rounds of medicated cycles (clomid) with two of them including IUIs. Dr. Swelstad instantly switched us to Femera and did 3 cycles of that with IUIs. After this, we took a break and moved to combo cycles with 5 days of Femera and 3 days of Follistim injections followed by a trigger and IUI. The last 2 cycles, we also used suppository progesterone. All cycles failed.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
PNW Fertility is a great clinic. They are accommodating when scheduling procedures, testing, and ultrasounds. They are open every day and it was never an issue to get in when necessary. They are a smaller clinic so it feels like they get to know you and you never feel like a "number". The clinic is clean, organized, and welcoming.
Brad Swelstad
Seattle
She [Dr. Lorna Marshall] has told me her concerns and what she feels would be best but always giving me options to choose from...she was very informative and concise, which is what I look for in a doctor. She took the time to explain the entire process of IVF and answered questions along the way...SHe recommends freezing your embryos for at least 2 months to reset your body... I am on Follistim and Mini HCG. She has titrated the amount according to my labs.
MY care coordinator [at Pacific NW Fertility] is Emily. I have worked with at least 2 other nurses in this office. All of them are very kind and caring. Always calling to check on me and to make sure I am dong ok on my medications. When I am seen in the office Emily and all the other staff always have a smile on their face...IVF cycle cost around $25,000...This clinic overall is a great place to be receiving fertility services. No one wants to be in this situation but this is where you want to be going through it. The entire clinic is well run, usually on time and always clean.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
It has been a long road for my husband and I. I met Dr. Marshall during my ART consultation. During this consultation, she was very informative and concise, which is what I look for in a doctor. She took the time to explain the entire process of IVF and answered questions along the way. She has told me how it is through this journey that I am still on. She has told me her concerns and what she feels would be best but always giving me options to choose from.
She is a great doctor and would recommend to all. Although this journey I am on is not something that has been planned, she has made it easier to get through.
She takes the time to discuss the options and gives you time to ask questions. She cares about how you feel during your treatments. She takes the time when something is uncomfortable.
I am currently on my first round of IVF. I am on Follistim and Mini HCG. She has titrated the amount according to my labs. She used Ganirelix. She is using a dual trigger with Lupron and HCG. SHe recommends freezing your embryos for at least 2 months to reset your body.
MY care coordinator is Emily. I have worked with at least 2 other nurses in this office. All of them are very kind and caring. Always calling to check on me and to make sure I am dong ok on my medications. When I am seen in the office Emily and all the other staff always have a smile on their face.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
My first and, at this point, my only IVF cycle cost around $25,000.
I do know the office I go to has a protocol for this. For the age I am, she recommends not transferring more then 2 embryos at a time.
Seattle
Dr Shahine always made me feel like she had all the time in the world and was never rushed. She has an incredible bed side manner and so much empathy for women going through such a difficult time.... Dr Shahine has always been absolutely amazing and cares about me as a person, is always asking how I am doing and how I am feeling. The only thing I haven’t liked in recent visits is the nurse that calls me in, she always seems in a bad mood, always pronounces my name wrong and just seems like she doesn’t like her job, even my husband noticed and said something.
Very helpful and friendly front desk and they remember who I am. Rooms [Pacific NW Fertility] are very nice, and I love the gals who draw my blood every time they are very friendly and distract you while they are taking blood. The office is the whole 10th floor and parking is easy.... My first coordinator Danielle was a dream! Loved her so much but then she got another role. I now have Tara and she is also very sweet as well as organized... The only thing I haven’t liked in recent visits is the nurse that calls me in, she always seems in a bad mood, always pronounces my name wrong and just seems like she doesn’t like her job, even my husband noticed and said something.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine has always been absolutely amazing and cares about me as a person, is always asking how I am doing and how I am feeling. The only thing I haven’t liked in recent visits is the nurse that calls me in, she always seems in a bad mood, always pronounces my name wrong and just seems like she doesn’t like her job, even my husband noticed and said something. I look past this because Dr Shahine is so wonderful but definitely doesn’t match how the rest of the staff is.
Just be prepared that it’s a journey, and it will not happen overnight but Dr. Shahine will always keep you updated and give every option available and then let you make the decision that’s right for you. She will give you the good and the bad but always remains positive that there is always another option to start a family and to never loose hope!
We used a normal IVF protocol for egg retrieval and have had two rounds of frozen embryo transfer that involved lupron, birth control pills and then estrogen patches and progesterone in oil shots
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Very helpful and friendly front desk and they remember who I am. Rooms are very nice, and I love the gals who draw my blood every time they are very friendly and distract you while they are taking blood. The office is the whole 10th floor and parking is easy.
I believe it was 18,000 for the egg retrieval and then 5,000 for each transfer, plus the cost of medication
She explained both and gave her opinion on what she thought was best for us but then left the final decision up to us.
Seattle
Lorna Marshall thoroughly reviewed our chart and was happy to help us with IUI because she knew we were not ready for IVF. When we wanted to be more aggressive she adjusted our protocol and added inhectables. She was always understanding of our situation and showed compassion while at the same time being straight forward with our situation.... I was prescribed Letrozole 5mg daily days 2-6. This was a little earlier than typically prescribed because my cycles are a little shorter than average. My ultrasound on day 8 showed 3 mature follicles. I triggered that day and did the IUI next day. The second IUI with PNW Fertility we added follistim (75iu) on day 7 in attempts to be more aggressive. My ultrasound was day 8 and showed 3 mature follicles. I triggered day 8 and IUI was day 9.
Every single interaction I had with staff at PNW Fertility was positive. I interacted with many nurses, front desk staff, lab staff, ultrasound techs, phlebotomist, and nursing assistants. Everyone was welcoming, kind, and compassionate. The only negative feedback I have is on the financial counselor, Jamila Thomas. After meeting with her she was to send additional information via email. I followed up with her twice via email and never received a reply.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
I can’t think of any advice to give specifically related to Lorna Marshall.
The communication with Lorna Marshall’s nurses was outstanding. When I had questions they were answered promptly and with plenty of detail. At one point the nurse had reviewed my chart and noticed I hadn’t properly scheduled an appointment and called me. This attention to detail and communication did not exist through my last clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber Hopkins)
I cannot speak highly enough of my nurse, Amber Hopkins. Her response time was prompt and she always provided detailed explanations and/or instructions. Amber was always very compassionate and understanding. She emailed directly with me at my request rather than using the portal. Amber called me on the phone on several occasions, which I found to be rare with other clinics. She was always up to speed on my cycle and protocol and often followed up with me on her own accord. From the beginning I felt a personal connection and never did I feel like just a number.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Consultation $295-375 Ultrasound $185 Venipuncture $25 Hormone testing $79-85 each Injection $40 Insemination $275 Sperm wash & prep $270