9.7

Issaquah, WA 98029
1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104
206.515.0000

I definitely felt like Dr Shahine cared about my treatment and about being completely honest and open about my chances and the possible routes I could take at my age. Though she did push me to consider IUI and IVF ASAP, I opted to go the natural route for awhile (acupuncture and supplements) before deciding to finally try IUI. Dr Shahine did lay out realistic expectations for me.
There's a bit of a cattle-call feeling [at Pacific NW Fertility] with all the women in the clinic coming and going, but I understand that goes with the industry. Everyone is nice and courteous and I was never made to feel less than human, however. Fertility struggles can feel invasive and embarrassing but the clinic does everything right in making you feel at ease.... Michelle (and De Shahine's whole team) was fantastic; she's available by email and took the time to explain many things and answer all my questions. She's also very personable and warm.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
No question is a dumb question! Come prepared with all of your questions and she will answer honestly and realistically, but in a caring way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine is very warm and creates a feeling of openness and honesty, which I appreciated. She also took the time to get to know me and asked many questions. Her nurses are fantastic as well!
Describe the protocols Lora Shahine used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
I'm on my first IUI and have used Femara on cycle days 3-7 and then had an HCG trigger shot on day 13. It still remains to be seen if it was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
There's a bit of a cattle-call feeling with all the women in the clinic coming and going, but I understand that goes with the industry. Everyone is nice and courteous and I was never made to feel less than human, however. Fertility struggles can feel invasive and embarrassing but the clinic does everything right in making you feel at ease.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility.
So far probably around $1000
Describe Lora Shahine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
Seattle

Dr swelstad was very nice and easy to talk to. He explained a lot to us and figured out a treatment plan that we both thought was great. We are happy to be working with him. He seemed very caring and not just as another patient but like he really cares about his patients....we talked and figured out a plan for us within our means..... dr swelstad switched me to femara with injections of follistim and trigger shot with iui and progesterone
Beautiful clinic. Everyone there was very friendly and nice from the front desk to the ma and nurse to the dr and the phlebotomist. I also Love that the lab is in the clinic....pnwf does there best to help from billing what they can to insurance to helping you go through a fertility pharmacy so you can get your medicine at a better cost... Amber is amazing. She always calls me back in a timely matter and always emails me or responds to my emails in a timely matter!
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr swelstad was very nice and easy to talk to. He explained a lot to us and figured out a treatment plan that we both thought was great. We are happy to be working with him. He seemed very caring and not just as another patient but like he really cares about his patients. It was nice because we were so nervous.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
Just relax you are in good hands he is very nice and easy to talk to!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
My husband and I both really like dr swelstad! He was very nice and professional yet caring and we talked and figured out a plan for us within our means.
Describe the protocols Brad Swelstad used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
My husband and I had done 6 rounds of clomid and two rounds with iui. Nothing had worked. So dr swelstad switched me to femara with injections of follistim and trigger shot with iui and progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Beautiful clinic. Everyone there was very friendly and nice from the front desk to the ma and nurse to the dr and the phlebotomist. I also Love that the lab is in the clinic. I wish I lived closer so I could always just go to that clinic and not have to go to a separate dr where I live for iui and ultrasounds
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility.
Everything is spendy with infertility it doesn’t matter where you go. I wish there was insurance here to help with infertility but pnwf does there best to help from billing what they can to insurance to helping you go through a fertility pharmacy so you can get your medicine at a better cost
Seattle

You go into your first appointment feeling crazy emotional and he [Dr. Swelstad] had the right amount of empathy coupled with data that made me hopeful. He gave us a plan (both short term and long term) and we left feeling like there could be a light at the end of the tunnel (or at least we could affirmatively do something instead of just having unexplained fertility and doing the same thing every month).
[The nurses at Pacific NW Fertility were] Very response when I called with questions...Takes a long time for the initial appointment, but once you're in then getting seen is a breeze. If you are having issues TTC and think you will need to see a fertility doctor, get the appointment on the books...because it will take 2-3 months to get the initial appointment)... He [Dr. Swelstad] was very patient and listened to all my questions (and answered them).
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
You go into your first appointment feeling crazy emotional and he had the right amount of empathy coupled with data that made me hopeful. He gave us a plan (both short term and long term) and we left feeling like there could be a light at the end of the tunnel (or at least we could affirmatively do something instead of just having unexplained fertility and doing the same thing every month).
I did my homework before I met with Dr. Swelstad and I think it made our first appointment much more productive because I was able to ask more detailed specific questions instead of having to cover the basics of fertility. If you're going to spend the time and money with a specialist, you might as well get your moneys worth and use his vast knowledge.
MY ob had previously done my fertility workup so I showed up with a big binder of test results and 19 months of cycle charts. He was very patient and listened to all my questions (and answered them).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
Very response when I called with questions.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Takes a long time for the initial appointment, but once you're in then getting seen is a breeze. If you are having issues TTC and think you will need to see a fertility doctor, get the appointment on the books (under 35 so they say wait a year - I'd call before a year because it will take 2-3 months to get the initial appointment).
Seattle

She [Dr. Shahine] is very compassionate and is humble. She will refer to other doctors to ensure you are receiving the best care....I had an issue with thin lining and she referred with another doctor to add a medication to help. It appear to be helpful such as adding trental to my protocol for a month. It did help get my lining thicker for a transfer.... She is great, although a couple of times I felt rushed out of the appointment...
This clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is timely and flexible on their schedules. You can see other doctors and I like how they meet daily to consult on all patients to discuss as a group on your care. It helps keep things consistent and if they are out of the office, someone can pick up where they left off. They operate very seamlessly.... I was able to make early monitoring appointments. It was helpful to not conflict with my work schedule.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She is great, although a couple of times I felt rushed out of the appointment or that she didn't want to treat me any longer due to my recurrent issue. I could have been me feeling that but all other times she was really great.
If something doesn't work the first time, push to find a new protocol. Take notes as over time you may be repeating a protocol and something my be missing that is a big piece of your puzzle.
She is very compassionate and is humble. She will refer to other doctors to ensure you are receiving the best care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Gray)
She is very well organized and is responsive to all questions, especially when I have a million questions!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This clinic is timely and flexible on their schedules. You can see other doctors and I like how they meet daily to consult on all patients to discuss as a group on your care. It helps keep things consistent and if they are out of the office, someone can pick up where they left off. They operate very seamlessly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific NW Fertility.
Fortunately most of the costs were covered by insurance except for genetic testing which were $2500 and miscellaneous costs that was not covered by insurance approximately around $1000 overall.
Seattle
She [Dr. Laura Shahine] did not have much to say about my eggs, wanted to move on to donor eggs. I did ask her to slow down and take me through her thought process which she did. She is always very encouraging in subsequent appointments.... Do not hesitate to slow her down if she has skipped ahead in the process. She’s just using her experience to do so but your experience in getting there is just as important. It was a major thing for is to think about donor eggs, and 10 months after she first mentioned, we finally ready.
[Pacific NW Fertility Staff] Always answer calls promptly, never lost in hold-land like the larger clinics. Nurses are very knowledgeable and detailed oriented but there are many transitions. I’ve had 3 in 10 months due to staff changes. Front desk staff friendly.... 1) When I call, someone always answers the phone. I’m not in a long queue. This is a huge time saver. 2) my nurse is very detail orientated and empathetic.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She did not have much to say about my eggs, wanted to move on to donor eggs. I did ask her to slow down and take me through her thought process which she did. She is always very encouraging in subsequent appointments.
She recommended use of donor eggs after 3 failed attempts with my own eggs.
Absolutely tracking all the details, found errors in my ERA report and had it corrected before I even saw it.
$30,000 for donor egg 6 egg batch and at least one PGS normal embryo
Don’t know yet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
I was suppose to have an endometriosis test with my ERA biopsy but that info didn’t get transferred when my nurse changed. I have to go back a second time if I want the test. Not a big deal, just inconvenient.
Seattle

during my initial consultation, dr lamb took 45mins-1hr to sit and talk with me. we discussed my concerns over being unable to conceive in detail. she displayed a high level of empathy, and i felt she intently listened and responded with specifics....dr lamb was a pleasure to work with. she communicated clearly in terms i understood. she was gentle, and i felt like she understood the emotional stress i was experiencing. i had easy access to her, and tho visits were frequent, i never felt like my time was being wasted.
emily [at Pacific NW Fertility] was/is incredible. she handled all of my medication scheduling, which can get complicated with a busy work schedule. she was responsive to emails, knowledgable about all the steps of treatment, and professional...strengths: good candy at counter, professional and friendly front desk staff and lab techs. huge bonus was primarily female staff. weaknesses: paid parking. hardly a weakness worth mentioning....i believe the total cost of care ended up around 29k.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
expect her to be direct but gentle, and leave you with reasonable expectations about treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
during my initial consultation, dr lamb took 45mins-1hr to sit and talk with me. we discussed my concerns over being unable to conceive in detail. she displayed a high level of empathy, and i felt she intently listened and responded with specifics. i appreciated that she didn't give me unreasonable expectations, but left me feeling hopeful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: emily rudolf)
emily was/is incredible. she handled all of my medication scheduling, which can get complicated with a busy work schedule. she was responsive to emails, knowledgable about all the steps of treatment, and professional.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility.
i believe the total cost of care ended up around 29k. huge bonus was putting it on amex and getting pointsssssssss.

2010 - 2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Julie Lamb] is excellent. Her staff is excellent. She always explains everything and entertains all questions no matter how small or trivial. She has personally called me just to check in especially after bad news.... She cares about me and is sad when we are sad and happy when we are happy.... We started down this path because of my husband's sperm count issues. It's been a long road of 8 years. We went IVF route to try and speed up the process but as I get older it gets harder.
Although the financial counselor [at Pacific NW Fertility] is helpful I still find the payment process stressful and confusing. I also feel like I was not always given all the pricing info I needed and was not offered discounts for multiple IVF cycles that I should've been. The coordination between the clinic and the genetics testing is not 100% either. I had a miscarriage and my collected tissue wasn't sent in time so the genetics lab was not able to properly evaluate the embryo.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
She's excellent. Her staff is excellent. She always explains everything and entertains all questions no matter how small or trivial. She has personally called me just to check in especially after bad news.
Nothing. She's excellent.
She cares about me and is sad when we are sad and happy when we are happy.
Describe the protocols Julie Lamb used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
I'm not sure I can answer this well. We started down this path because of my husband's sperm count issues. It's been a long road of 8 years. We went IVF route to try and speed up the process but as I get older it gets harder.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie Fleharty )
There are definitely people on staff that are better than others but I have a special bond with Kallie and she goes out of her way to help me.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Although the financial counselor is helpful I still find the payment process stressful and confusing. I also feel like I was not always given all the pricing info I needed and was not offered discounts for multiple IVF cycles that I should've been. The coordination between the clinic and the genetics testing is not 100% either. I had a miscarriage and my collected tissue wasn't sent in time so the genetics lab was not able to properly evaluate the embryo.
$25,000 per IVF cycle. That's $15k for doctor/clinic, $5k for meds and $5k for genetic testing.
Describe Julie Lamb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
I don't have any comments. Just lots of questions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
I already wrote about the mishandling of miscarriage materials in my last open ended comment.
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Lamb was very patient with us and answered many questions. She was also humorous and personable. She always stayed positive and offered many smiles when we needed them.... We worked on egg retrievals for three years before implanting because of my age (37-39) and diminished reserves. We were able to get enough eggs for a successful transfer and freezing and have three left to try for a second child.
Strengths- good staff, professional, good results and efficiency Weaknesses- the billing office [Pacific NW Fertility - Seattle] has been very helpful working with us but if you are using insurance at all Beware... it is very time consuming and tedious to get the payments applied.... We worked with two nurses that were assigned to Dr. Lamb and liked them both. Nurse Schilling is an incredible nurse practitioner who also worked with us.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb is very professional and nice to work with plus she is incredibly talented with fertility issues and treatments. I’m so glad our family found her- we are now seven weeks away from a baby girl thanks to Dr. Lamb!
Don’t be afraid to ask her all of your questions.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Strengths- good staff, professional, good results and efficiency Weaknesses- the billing office has been very helpful working with us but if you are using insurance at all Beware... it is very time consuming and tedious to get the payments applied.
We used two insurance companies and only paid the remainder which was around $400 for drugs after two cycles and $1500 Per cycle. I think it would have been $20-30k Per cycle without insurance.
My doctor recommended we try two - which we did- one was viable.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
While I was going to egg retrieval stimulation, he [Dr. Hickok] never told me I had thin lining. I had no idea this was an issue until we started the transfer process which as a patient I was not aware how this piece was important to the process. He did not fully inform us that it would likely no work, he acted like you can "roll the dice" and see what happens. I feel it was a waste of one of our 3 PGS embryos. We had sent in 6 but 3 were abnormal.
The organization of the office [Pacific NW Fertility] from appointments, blood work, and the process worked very well. There was never a long wait. It happened once and they acknowledge it but offering Starbucks gift cards and why there was a wait.... They had monitor hours and the process was very easy and quick. I was able to get in and out before work.... Annie was fantastic. She was very compassionate when having to deliver bad news. When she was off, it was very clear on the difference in care I received from other nurses.
How was your experience with Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility?
While I was going to egg retrieval stimulation, he never told me I had thin lining. I had no idea this was an issue until we started the transfer process which as a patient I was not aware how this piece was important to the process. He did not fully inform us that it would likely no work, he acted like you can "roll the dice" and see what happens. I feel it was a waste of one of our 3 PGS embryos. We had sent in 6 but 3 were abnormal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility?
He's retired now but I think all clinics should require either an orientation or resources so that patients fully understand the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility?
He has a good bed side manner and was very gentle and explaining the process as this was my first time for IVF.
Describe the protocols Lee Hickok (retired) used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Birth control before starting stims. Ganirelex and Lupron, for stims.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Annie Terry)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The organization of the office from appointments, blood work, and the process worked very well. There was never a long wait. It happened once and they acknowledge it but offering Starbucks gift cards and why there was a wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility.
I don't recall as insurance cover most of it outside of genetic testing which was Genesis for $2,500.
Describe Lee Hickok (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
They indicated that the embryos were PGS tested so only SET.
Lee Hickok (retired)
Seattle

Friendly and approachable so I felt comfortable to ask any questions, and left her [Dr. Shahine] appointments knowing what would come next and what actions to take. She is positive (but not in an annoying way) which was reassuring in this stressful time, and she was very supportive of me and my husband. ... Always gave me her full attention. She was realistic but also optimistic, which I think is a hard balance to strike. She’s thoughtful in everything that she says, and you can tell she really is invested in her patients.
The clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is modern, clean and professional-looking. They did have an error with my insurance billing and overcharged me but reimbursed me later. They have their billing staff on location to discuss any confusion and break down the cost per stage of the cycle. ... Danielle specifically was very easy to talk to and so good at explaining the different steps and our options. I probably talked to her more than the doctor so she was a huge part of our journey.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She was amazing. Friendly and approachable so I felt comfortable to ask any questions, and left her appointments knowing what would come next and what actions to take. She is positive (but not in an annoying way) which was reassuring in this stressful time, and she was very supportive of me and my husband.
You are in good hands, so trust the process and hope for the best.
She was really caring and patient. Always gave me her full attention. She was realistic but also optimistic, which I think is a hard balance to strike. She’s thoughtful in everything that she says, and you can tell she really is invested in her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Call)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is modern, clean and professional-looking. They did have an error with my insurance billing and overcharged me but reimbursed me later. They have their billing staff on location to discuss any confusion and break down the cost per stage of the cycle.
I think I paid about $5k out of pocket of the $15-$20k total cost. My insurance covered most of the cost luckily but they did not cover genetic testing.
I remember her saying they didn’t recommend more than one embryo transfer especially for someone my age (33 at the time I think) because of the complications with multiple eggs such as premature labor.
Seattle
Lora [Shahine] was great at explaining each procedure and all of our options. She was very candid and patient. We never felt rushed with her time and always felt good leaving her office. When our IUI didn't work, Lora explained the possibilities as to why it may not have worked and took her time in explaining what future course of actions we could choose from...Lora was always so great with both my husband and I. Was in constant contact, never made us feel like we were asking silly questions, and always made us feel like we were a priority to her.
This clinic [Pacific NW Fertility - Sea] has amazing hours! It is clean and the staff is very friendly....I had two different nurses communicate with me during my time with Lora. Each were prompt in their replies to my emails and were great at answering any questions hat I had....Lora [Shahine] was great at explaining each procedure and all of our options. She was very candid and patient. We never felt rushed with her time and always felt good leaving her office.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Lora was great at explaining each procedure and all of our options. She was very candid and patient. We never felt rushed with her time and always felt good leaving her office. When our IUI didn't work, Lora explained the possibilities as to why it may not have worked and took her time in explaining what future course of actions we could choose from.
Trust her and listen to all she has to say.
Lora was always so great with both my husband and I. Was in constant contact, never made us feel like we were asking silly questions, and always made us feel like we were a priority to her. Lora still keeps in contact even though I moved to the other side of the state.
I used letrozol to help regulate my period which worked wonderfully. My husband stored his sperm as he travels for work and we did an IUI. Before the IUI I received a trigger shot to help trigger ovulation and did an ultrasound to see where I was at in my cycle. The IUI unfortunately didn't work but we continued with letrozol and ended up getting pregnant naturally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: I unfortunately do not remember )
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This clinic has amazing hours! It is clean and the staff is very friendly.
I am not 100% sure but I want to say around 1000-1500
2015, Successful
Dr. Shahine is one of the most trustworthy, kind, caring and intelligent doctors my husband and I have ever known. She truly cares about you and understands the gravity and complexity of undergoing fertility treatment, not to mention the emotional toll it can take...Dr. Shahine is incredibly inclusive, never treats you like a number and truly acts as a partner in your care. She makes it a point to explain every procedure, lab test and result with great care and compassion.
The doctors and nursing staff (medical assistants, front desk staff and phlebotomy included) are all fantastic. It's evident that the staff communicates well with one another (internal patient processes are clear and streamlined) and they are always kind, helpful and knowledgeable in their interactions with patients. I did run into challenges with the PNWF billing specialists (duplicate charges, improper billing to insurance, etc.) - but I was always able to resolve these issues.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
It's okay to be emotionally vulnerable. Dr. Shahine will not judge you and is there to support you through this journey.
Gonal F Pen Progesterone in Oil 100mg/mL
Danielle was my primary care coordinator/RN and she was fantastic in this role. She is extremely knowledgeable, kind, approachable and organized. No question was a "dumb" question and she treated each hurdle in my IVF journey, sensitively and with compassion.
Seattle

Dr Marshall is extremely experienced in her field...She reviewed my past miscarriages and previous failed IVF and tailored a treatment and cycle to me. She asked personal questions about me and listened...She is very well spoken and communicated all of the possible Options in a way that was easy to understand. I trusted her expertise and treatment plan. She was honest and direct about expectations. I saw her almost every time I was in the clinic....
The nursing staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] Emily and Brenna are the best nurses I have ever worked with in any doctors office. They were extremely responsive. They were kind and compassionate. They were skilled and knowledgeable...It was always easy to get an appointment. the waiting room is never full meaning you dont wait long. They are very safe with COVID. All of the staff is helpful. The parking lot is very full usually so get there early....
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Marshall is extremely experienced in her field. She is very well spoken and communicated all of the possible Options in a way that was easy to understand. I trusted her expertise and treatment plan. She was honest and direct about expectations. I saw her almost every time I was in the clinic. This doctor, this woman changed my entire life.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Do whatever she tells you to do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Marshall and her staff communicated clearly and often. She reviewed my past miscarriages and previous failed IVF and tailored a treatment and cycle to me. She asked personal questions about me and listened.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily and Brenna)
The nursing staff Emily and Brenna are the best nurses I have ever worked with in any doctors office. They were extremely responsive. They were kind and compassionate. They were skilled and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility.
Insurance paid
Lorna Marshall
Seattle

Dr. Lamb is simply the best! She’s so compassionate and knowledgeable. We felt like we were in wonderful hands our whole way through the tough process and deeply trusted her plan of care. Highly recommended!! ... Dr. Lamb and her nursing team [PNWF] are amazing! Everyone is so kind and helpful. ... Dr. Lamb encourages transferring one embryo but allowed us to choose to transfer two.
Everything was truly wonderful and we would recommend PNWF again and again. All the providers and staff are so caring and we always felt welcomed. We are still receiving care but feel optimistic that we will have a good outcome. ... Dr. Lamb’s team of nurses were vital to our experience. They were always helpful and responsive and we really enjoyed working with them.
Be patient.
Dr. Lamb and her nursing team are amazing! Everyone is so kind and helpful.
Our first cycle consisted of an egg retrieval and frozen transfer because we wanted to genetically test the embryos. Unfortunately, two frozen transfers of two embryos each time resulted in miscarriages at six and eight weeks. We are now gearing up for a fresh transfer after our second retrieval last week!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
We were lucky to have insurance and spent about $10K after two cycles.
Seattle

Being Dr Swelstad’s patient has been a pleasure. We are mfi & somewhat unexplained and he always took the time to explain everything, never pressured us into expensive treatments without exhausting accessible treatments first, and was always on top of our treatment. I think we had a fairly good result in terms of ivf (I know many wish for 8 embryos out of the first retrieval) and I’m particularly happy he recommended pgs so we avoid heartbreak - 5 out of our 8 beautifully looking embryos were not compatible with life. Overall, I fully recommend dr Swelstad - he was caring and competent throughout the process.
The clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] has been great so far - everyone is on top of everything that’s going on and I never had any issues with scheduling, billing, etc. my first intake appointment was approximately 3 months out, but I’m not sure if this is normal or they were just very busy at that time... I think we had a fairly good result in terms of ivf (I know many wish for 8 embryos out of the first retrieval) and I’m particularly happy he recommended pgs so we avoid heartbreak - 5 out of our 8 beautifully looking embryos were not compatible with life.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
Our numbers were not great, but not terrible either. We started with Femara timed intercourse cycles, moved to IUIs, then IVF (1). The antagonist protocol, with frozen transfer, resulted in success (so far).
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic has been great so far - everyone is on top of everything that’s going on and I never had any issues with scheduling, billing, etc. my first intake appointment was approximately 3 months out, but I’m not sure if this is normal or they were just very busy at that time.
Seattle

Dr.Shahine has been very attentive during the whole process. Very informative and warm. She explains everything in detail. She informs you every visit of what to expect in the coming days. Advises to rest, slow down, wear yoga pants etc...She gives you personalized care and focuses on preventing ovarian hyperstimulation...Enthusiastic and sympathetic during every appointment...one embryo transfer is recommended Also it is based on age and risk factor
So far my experience has been great [at Pacific NW Fertility]. The staff is attentive and the lobby doesn't feel like a factory. Lab and procedure room are in different areas. It helps for people that in different stages if the treatment...Tara [nurse] was compassionate, patient...Dr.Shahine has been very attentive during the whole process. Very informative and warm. She explains everything in detail. She informs you every visit of what to expect in the coming days. Advises to rest, slow down, wear yoga pants etc...She gives you personalized care and focuses on preventing ovarian hyperstimulation
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
You are in good hands. She gives you personalized care and focuses on preventing ovarian hyperstimulation.
Dr.Shahine is very warm and attentive. Enthusiastic and sympathetic during every appointment.
Metformin 1500 with birth control initially to manage hormones due to high ovarian reserve Then stimulation: HCG 20 units, follistim 220 iux 11 days Trigger: Lupton + hcg
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tara)
Tara was compassionate, patient and educative
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
So far my experience has been great. The staff is attentive and the lobby doesn't feel like a factory. Lab and procedure room are in different areas. It helps for people that in different stages if the treatment.
20k cycle 3 meds-stimulation PGD- pending about 5k
Due to BT, one embryo transfer is recommended Also it is based on age and risk factors
2011 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Lee Hickok] remembered us and spoke to you like a friend... He did a great job of explaining all the risks and chances for success and failure. He always seemed to be in a good mood and I got the impression that all the staff enjoyed working with him. The whole office worked like a well oiled machine but still felt personable... He let us know the chances for multiples and made sure we understood the risks for transferring multiple embryos.
The location [of Pacific NW Fertility] is either convenient or not for you. You either have to pay for the parking garage or find street parking. The view from their office is great and something I enjoyed every visit. As they have become busier there is a longer wait for appointments.... Our initial IVF cycle was 6 years ago and cost just under $20,000 out of pocket. Each frozen embryo transfer was around $5,000. All the costs were made clear up front.
How was your experience with Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility?
The same advice I would give anyone undergoing fertility treatment, educate yourself so you know what questions to ask and so you know what to expect.
He remembered us and spoke to you like a friend
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Renee Lanzolla)
I loved that I was able to email and usually get a response the same day and if not I would receive an out of office response. Any changes in the treatment plan resulted in a revised calendar being sent.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The location is either convenient or not for you. You either have to pay for the parking garage or find street parking. The view from their office is great and something I enjoyed every visit. As they have become busier there is a longer wait for appointments.
Lee Hickok (retired)
Seattle

She [Dr. Lamb] was amazing, I loved having her as my Dr. She is so easy to talk to. She is very knowledgeable and helpful. She is compassionate and optimistic and helped me understand everything that was going on.... She was very invested in a positive outcome for me, and in doing everything possible to help me get there. She was always very warm and kind. She was always very patient answering every question I had.
The staff [Pacific Northwest Fertility] is all very good, they were always kind and understanding, and executed their jobs efficiently and skillfully. They made a difficult situation as best as it could be. They were flexible and always tried to make things as easy for me as possible....Clare was exactly like Dr. Lamb, kind, compassionate, understanding, easy to talk to, answered all of my questions, and helped me figure out what I needed to to and when.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
She was amazing, I loved having her as my Dr. She is so easy to talk to. She is very knowledgeable and helpful. She is compassionate and optimistic and helped me understand everything that was going on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Clare)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The staff is all very good, they were always kind and understanding, and executed their jobs efficiently and skillfully. They made a difficult situation as best as it could be. They were flexible and always tried to make things as easy for me as possible.
I think about $25,000. $10,000 for the egg growth cycle, $5000 for retreival, and $5000 for each transfers, which I did two.

2012 - 2016, Successful
Great hours, responsive and very friendly... We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Lamb. This was a really difficult time in my life and I felt supported and respected. They walked us through each step so the process wasn't daunting at all. Dr. Lamb is caring and responsive and she has a great team. Our experience was truly wonderful and we have a beautiful little girl and another baby on the way thanks to our team at PNWF.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
I felt Dr. Lamb really got to know me. It felt like visiting a friend who happened to know how to help me conceive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nina and then Kallie )
Wonderful. Provided directions, calendars and was available by email or phone.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Great hours, responsive and very friendly.
iui with both the procedure and sperm collection/spin were about $500. Our IVF total after insurance was about $12,000. Our frozen embryo transfer after insurance was about $300.

2012 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Shahine is the most warm personable Dr. She understands how important and how hard these procedures are. She listens to you and give her honest opinion. I trust her judgements. She helped us getting our miracle baby. She will be 2 next week. I cant show enough gratitute to Dr. Shahine and her clinic.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She always answers any questions and concerns you have. She will explain risks and options. I love her! She is the best Dr. And I cant say enough good things about her!
Never hesistate to ask questions. She always appreciate your research and understanding.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The staffs are great and easy to communicate with.
2014 - 2015, Successful
Would recommend her [Dr Julie Lamb]without hesitation...I felt her approach was very data driven but balanced with a bedside manner that is very compassionate and upbeat. She was also organized and consistent. I previously saw another dr at the u of WA that seemed a bit scattered and didn't inspire confidence.
No weaknesses [at Pacific NW Fertility], everything in one location is ideal...[Nurse] Kallie was very sweet and compassionate....I felt her approach was very data driven but balanced with a bedside manner that is very compassionate and upbeat. She was also organized and consistent. I previously saw another dr at the u of WA that seemed a bit scattered and didn't inspire confidence.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Would recommend her without hesitation.
Perfect bedside manner for my needs. Supportive and positive, not overly emotional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie)
Kallie was very sweet and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
No weaknesses, everything in one location is ideal.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
Inadequate medicine ordered, causing confusion.

2012 - 2013, Successful
Absolutely amazing. She [Dr Shahine] is a true professional and clearly knows the science. She is open about what they do and don't know. She's supportive and a great listener. She also knows when to assert things and be direct....>$50,000 (4 IVF cycles and 3 IUIs)
Absolutely amazing. She [Dr Shahine at Pacific Northwest Fertility] is a true professional and clearly knows the science. She is open about what they do and don't know. She's supportive and a great listener. She also knows when to assert things and be direct....>$50,000 (4 IVF cycles and 3 IUIs)
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Absolutely amazing. She is a true professional and clearly knows the science. She is open about what they do and don't know. She's supportive and a great listener. She also knows when to assert things and be direct.
Ask her what you should do and then listen.
Professional Asked about my physical, mental and emotional health Called me at home, checked in via email Always seemed to remember what was going on in my life Encouraged me to do things to take my mind off the cycle
>$50,000 (4 IVF cycles and 3 IUIs)

2019 - 2020, Consult
She [Dr. Shahine] recommends transfering a single embryo since we are doing PGS testing....The first time we met she said how sorry she was that we were there because of how difficult infertility is. She also acknowledged my pain and didn't dismissed it as my previous RE had...after an MRI and how much of endometriosis is shown Dr. Shahine suggested doing IVF first in case my ovaries are damaged in surgery and do a frozen transfer after I'm healed from the surgery...She is very thorough with her explanations and is interested in making sure I understood everything and answered all my questions. She acknowledged my pain due to endometriosis and didn't try to push IVF to "cure endometriosis" like other doctors have.
They [Pacific NW Fertility] are very polite and helpful. Sometimes I feel like I have to ask questions twice because I was misunderstood but I think that might be a language barrier...Clinics in Seattle and Bellevue are in big buildings and eventhough they are not in hospital buildings it makes me insecure to go during the pandemic, even if the stay at home order gets lifted, due to the high traffic of people that there might be.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Make appointments as early as possible, she gets booked pretty fast.
I haven't started a cycle due to the pandemic. The original plan was to have surgery to excise endometriosis with another doctor and then do IVF but after an MRI and how much of endometriosis is shown Dr. Shahine suggested doing IVF first in case my ovaries are damaged in surgery and do a frozen transfer after I'm healed from the surgery.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
They are very polite and helpful. Sometimes I feel like I have to ask questions twice because I was misunderstood but I think that might be a language barrier.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I've only had a few appointments without testing but this clinic is a bit more expensive than the previous one I was at.
She recommends transfering a single embryo since we are doing PGS testing.
Seattle

[Dr. Julie Lamb] and her staff all treated us with kindness and respect...everyone at PNWF remembered us every time we interacted...She explained her thoughts about why we were having trouble very clearly and gave us clear and realistic expectations of what to expect. I felt she was truly our ally and wanted us to succeed...did not over promise, but did give us hope...I felt truly cared for...
Dr Lamb and her staff all treated us with kindness and respect. I felt that everyone at PNWF remembered us every time we interacted. They did not over promise, but did give us hope...The clinic staff are friendly and efficient. I especially appreciated that they went over a cost breakdown very carefully with us to make sure we understood...wish we could have gotten in sooner to see our providers...scheduled out 4-6 weeks.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
She explained her thoughts about why we were having trouble very clearly and gave us clear and realistic expectations of what to expect. I felt she was truly our ally and wanted us to succeed. She did not give us hope when hope was not there. I felt truly cared for.
Trust her!
I took Letrozole for days 3-7 of my cycle then ultrasounds to monitor follicles before IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
Truly don’t have any examples of weaknesses- they always communicate very compassionately and get back to us right away.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The only thing is I wish we could have gotten in sooner to see our providers- our initial consultations with an ARNP and with Dr Lamb were scheduled out 4-6 weeks. The clinic staff are friendly and efficient. I especially appreciated that they went over a cost breakdown very carefully with us to make sure we understood.
SAs were about $30/each, HSG cost me $600. IUI runs about $1,000 per cycle if we do ultrasounds. Consultations cost about $200 each.

2020, Consult
[Dr. Stephanie Rothenberg] is so compassionate, kind, caring and she want to help you in your TTC journey. She cares about her patients and you can tell that right away when you meet her. She answers questions thoroughly so you know what to expect and she can tell if you’re unsure about something she says
Very knowledgeable Doctors at [Pacific NW Fertility]...A very warm environment and caring Nurses...you are not just a number you are a patient who gets treated with the utmost respect. They care about you and your partner...When doing the blood draw the nurse was compassionate and did an amazing job...Costs would be anywhere from $25,000-30,000
How was your experience with Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility?
Wow, what to say about Dr. Rothenberg.... too many good things! She is so compassionate, kind, caring and she want to help you in your TTC journey. She cares about her patients and you can tell that right away when you meet her. She answers questions thoroughly so you know what to expect and she can tell if you’re unsure about something she says.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility?
She may be new to the Clinic, but she comes with loads of knowledge and compassion!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility?
At PNWFC you are not just a number you are a patient who gets treated with the utmost respect. They care about you and your partner.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Rothenberg used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
N/A at this time due to Covid
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
When doing the blood draw the nurse was compassionate and did an amazing job. No bruises and was not painful.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Very knowledgeable Doctors at this clinic. A very warm environment and caring Nurses. I am so glad we switched to this clinic. They care about their patients and it shows. I felt very comfortable there and the front desk woman was so kind and polite and very helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility.
Costs would be anywhere from $25,000-30,000