Bellevue
Issaquah, WA 98029
1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104
206.515.0000

Dr. Shahine was always completely open and honest with me and my partner. She welcomed us into her care, and was a huge advocate and supporter of our desire to have a family. She gave us the facts, and prepared us for the road we had ahead of us....I always felt like I was receiving personalized care from not only Dr Shahine, but her entire team [Pacific NW Fertility] as well...The initial recommendation was to go straight to IVf, as I have diminished ovarian reserve and low quality eggs.
The office [Pacific NW Fertility] is well organized, the staff is all really nice, and the finance counselor is great - she helped us navigate through all of the insurance claims. It's nice that the facility is in the hospital, and the office itself is really nice!...My nurse, and the entire team, was absolutely amazing. Emily is so compassionate, so smart and so incredibly organized. She took the time to return my phone calls, even into the evening hours.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
I would tell other patients to trust her plan
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
I always felt like I was receiving personalized care from not only Dr Shahine, but her entire team as well
Describe the protocols Lora Shahine used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
The initial recommendation was to go straight to IVf, as I have diminished ovarian reserve and low quality eggs. We knew iui was unlikely to work, and Dr Shahine warned that we would likely get tired and overly stressed from all the failed treatments. Due to insurance, we opted to start IuI, even if it failed, just to move on to IVF. Dr Shahine was supportive of this decision, regardless. I was on femara, and then did 3 rounds of IUIs. 2 were unsuccessful, 1 resulted in a pregnancy, but I miscarried around 5.5 weeks. From there, we began the preparations for ivf. I was on birth control for a couple of weeks, and once we did a suppression check, I moved on to the follositim and mini hcg injections. I responded much better to treatment than anticipated- and when we got to egg retrieval, we had 11 eggs. 6 fertilized, and 2 made it to day 5 blast. Since my estrogen was high, we did not do a fresh transfer - we froze both. We scheduled the first transfer about a month+ from frozen date. The first transfer went well, and I got a positive beta blood test - but unfortunately, it did not last. We did the second transfer a couple of weeks later, and it has worked! Currently pregnant, in my second trimester.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Rudolph)
My nurse, and the entire team, was absolutely amazing. Emily is so compassionate, so smart and so incredibly organized. She took the time to return my phone calls, even into the evening hours. She answered my emails within hours of sending one. She gave me such clear instructions on every step of the way, I never got overwhelmed. Emily was so supportive along this journey - laughing with us when we needed laughter, crying when we needed extra tears, and being extra brave for us, when I needed encouragement.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The office is well organized, the staff is all really nice, and the finance counselor is great - she helped us navigate through all of the insurance claims. It's nice that the facility is in the hospital, and the office itself is really nice!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility.
We were lucky to have insurance - All in, we ended up spending about $10k
Describe Lora Shahine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
2014 - 2016, Successful
Strengths [of Dr. Lora Shahine]: Caring, knowledgeable and compassionate. Optimistic and positive. Open to alternative therapies to support fertility treatments. Clearly explains procedures and makes you feel at ease. Has used fertility treatments herself, so she understands what you are going through emotionally and physically. Weaknesses: Too positive sometimes.
[Nurse] Danielle was always available to answer my questions, clearly described the process and how to administer injections, and her calendars kept us on track. She was personable, compassionate and friendly. I had excellent interactions with the entire nursing staff....Professional, comfortable, clean, helpful staff. Parking garage. Patient care separated from lab, private rooms to talk about finances with financial counselors.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Strengths: Caring, knowledgeable and compassionate. Optimistic and positive. Open to alternative therapies to support fertility treatments. Clearly explains procedures and makes you feel at ease. Has used fertility treatments herself, so she understands what you are going through emotionally and physically. Weaknesses: Too positive sometimes.
My advice is the same for all fertility patients, regardless of doctor: Be prepared with questions and don't be afraid to ask the "silly" question. Be your own advocate - you know your body, and if you don't feel like a course of treatment is working, say so. Ask for other options or changes you can make to improve your outcomes.
Dr. Shahine took the time to explain all treatments and answer all our questions. We never felt rushed during an appointment. When our first embryo transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test, Dr. Shahine called me to express her disappointment at the failure and belief that we would ultimately get pregnant. She genuinely cares about her patients and helping you create a family. She's gone through IVF, so she is uniquely able to understand how you are feeling, both physically and emotionally.
IVF, egg retrieval: 9 days of mini-HCG and Follistem; added Ganirellex on day 5 FET #1, programmed cycle: Delestrogen every three days (estrogen patches were recommended, but we were trying to save money). Delestrogen dosage decreased after initial check because levels too high. Progesterone-in-oil (ethyl oleate) five days before transfer. Diazapam for embryo transfer. Negative pregnancy test. FET #2, natural cycle: Tried two natural FET cycles but both were canceled because estrogen levels failed to get high enough and follicles stopped growing. FET #2, programmed cycle: At Dr. Shahine's recommendation, returned to the programmed cycle and used estrogen patches instead of delestrogen injections. Patches resulted in more consistent estrogen levels that rose gradually and within acceptable parameters. Progesterone-in-oil changed to sesame oil base because ethyl oleate base was irritating and causing lumps; sesame oil more comfortable for me. Diazapam for transfer. Negative pregnancy test. FET #3, programmed cycle: Same medicines and protocol for this transfer. Major change was switching to a prenatal with methylfolate instead of folic acid. Positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
IVF and one FET: About $16,000 + medications (about $4,000) + genetics screening (about $5,000) FET #2 and #2: About $5,000 + medications (about $2,000)
Since we elected to have all embryos screened through PGS, Dr. Shahine recommended only transferring one embryo at a time. Her rationale was that transferring two screened embryos did not increase the success rate, only the chance of multiples. And she recommended we try to avoid multiples if possible because it's more stressful to both the mother and babies.

2015, Successful
Dr. Lamb is an amazing doctor and was really thorough and listened to me and my concerns. I never felt like she was in a rush and I felt she was always so compassionate and caring.... Dr. Lamb is a mother herself who complately understands her patients desire to become parents. She was always very straight forward and thorough.... She had to up my medication dosage a few different times to get my follicles to grow and be where she wanted them to be at the right time. I
Everyone at PNWF in Seattle were so kind toward every patient. They didn’t make you feel like just another nobody, they all seemed genuine and sweet and very helpful. If I ever needed a last minute appointment they would not hesitate to get me in to be seen.... My nurse Kallie was available to always answer my question and she was very thorough and never made me feel like I was bugging her. She was always super sweet.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb is a mother herself who complately understands her patients desire to become parents. She was always very straight forward and thorough. She has a great team working for her and I would highly recommend her to any family or friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
I would tell them that she is very straight forward in a caring and compassionate way. She is very sweet and relates to her patients as humans and their desire to become a mom and dad.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the protocols Julie Lamb used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
She had to up my medication dosage a few different times to get my follicles to grow and be where she wanted them to be at the right time. I took Lupron, follistim, birth control, menopur, as well as the patches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie flaherty)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility.
Ivf with Dr. Lamb was $16,000 but after all the testing and medication I spent closer to $30,000.
Describe Julie Lamb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
Dr. Lamb preferred a single embryo transfer for me, before we found out I only had one PGS normal embryo to transfer anyway. She prefers a healthy Singleton pregnancy over a high risk twin pregnancy. I respected her decision of what was best for me.

2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Lamb] asked all the right questions and was very thorough in her questions, diagnosis and recommendation of treatment...I was very honest in letting her know I was going to get a 2nd opinion, not because of anything she did or didn't do, but because I needed to make sure I was doing all of my research and advocating for myself. Her response was extremely positive and supportive. I will never forget her words to me which were "I encourage you to do that. All I want for you is a baby and I do not care how that baby comes to you. Please let me know what I can do to help as you move forward." This shows her amazing character as a Dr. and individual...
The [Pacific NW Fertility - Sea] clinic treats each patient individually, putting everyone on different schedules unique to their cycle. They are located in downtown seattle, which is nice for anyone who works downtown - it makes appointments easy to get to. The staff is friendly. Pacific NW is one of the most expensive clinics in the area though and include certain items into their packages without giving any other option, including ICSI and assisted hatching, which added on an additional $3,000 or so...
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Julie Lamb at first was very professional and clinical. She asked all the right questions and was very thorough in her questions, diagnosis and recommendation of treatment. As time went on and we continued to work with her, her bedside manner became a lot more personable, as any normal relationship would the more time you spend with someone. In our last follow up appointment with Dr. Julie Lamb, after our last failed cycle with her, I was very honest in letting her know I was going to get a 2nd opinion, not because of anything she did or didn't do, but because I needed to make sure I was doing all of my research and advocating for myself. Her response was extremely positive and supportive. I will never forget her words to me which were "I encourage you to do that. All I want for you is a baby and I do not care how that baby comes to you. Please let me know what I can do to help as you move forward." This shows her amazing character as a Dr. and individual.
Give her time. At first she is very clinical, but as she gets to know you and you her, the walls break down a bit. She is amazing, passionate and extremely knowledgeable and caring.
Dr Lamb was very personable. Although we didn't leave with a take-home baby, we did feel very well taken care of and supported by her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie Flarhety )
Kallie was also extremely amazing. She was personable and dependable. During the IVF process, Kallie would make patients a priority and at times I would get email responses late into the evenings, just to ease my mind. She stayed very professional, while still considerate and amazing all at the same time.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic treats each patient individually, putting everyone on different schedules unique to their cycle. They are located in downtown seattle, which is nice for anyone who works downtown - it makes appointments easy to get to. The staff is friendly. Pacific NW is one of the most expensive clinics in the area though and include certain items into their packages without giving any other option, including ICSI and assisted hatching, which added on an additional $3,000 or so. I would say this is a downside, as if we would have known better, we would not have done ICSI, as we didn't actually need it. You do have a primary Doctor at the clinic, but know that they do not perform IUI's or work that closely with you on clomid cycles, which is normal. There are 3 other Dr's that work at that clinic and help each other out when needed. This means that Dr. Lamb only performed 1/3 actual transfers and sometimes I would have other Dr's doing my ultrasounds during the stim cycle. I wasn't phased by this too much, but I do know that some patients want the same Dr. the entire time.

2015, Successful
Julie Lamb from the first appointment was wonderful. She spent more than what I felt was probably our allotted time during our first appointment explaining everything and answering every single one of our questions. My partner and I are different and I wanted scientific answer and she wanted emotional answer and Dr. Lamb adjusted to us both giving each of us what we needed. It always felt like she cared about our outcome, our feelings, and us. We had full trust in her throughout the entire process.
One of the things I love so much about Pacific Northwest Fertility was how organized the office was. At each appointment, especially early on, you're meeting with the doctor, nurse, financial coordinator, and blood draw. One might think that would take hours, but there is little to no wait time there. They function like a well-oiled machine. If you're in the waiting room waiting for the doctor, they'll go ahead and do your blood draw really quick. If there is a back-up, they'll shift the order of your appointment to make most efficient use of your time. As a person that works during the day, I was extremely appreciative of this aspect of the clinic.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb makes you feel comfortable right away. I would recommend that they come prepared with questions because Dr. Lamb is fantastic at answering them, which is refreshing compared to my experience with other medical appointments and the feeling of being rushed.
Dr. Lamb was always kind, she took the time to get to know me and my partner, so it felt like we were talking to a friend with a lot of medical knowledge rather than a doctor that was just doing their job. I always felt like she genuinely cared about the outcome of our treatment.
I was the egg donor in our care and we used a sperm bank for fertilization. My partner was the embryo recipient, so we went through the whole cycle with Dr. Lamb. We had only one slight hiccup in that my partner happened to ovulate even on the medications prompting us to delay treatment implantation one month. Dose was adjusted and we tried again. Dr. Lamb was compassionate and explained what occurred throughout.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie Flaherty)
Kallie was so great. She was extremely responsive to use via email or phone anytime we had questions. We had some abnormal bleeding early in the pregnancy and Kallie was on top of getting us in right away and calling to check-in. The nursing staff and Dr. Lamb seem to work seamlessly. The clinic functions like a well-oiled machine.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
For the egg retrieval, storage, and embryo transfer, our loan was $22,000. Fertility medication and donor sperm on top of that was around $5,000.

2015, Successful
Dr Shahine was the best and made going through the IVF process as easy and stress free as possible. She spent time going over each step in detail and explaining why things wet done and any risks and benefits involved. She was able to answer all of our questions effectively and in terms we could understand. She was compassionate and encouraging but also gave us realistic expectations. Infertility sucks and it is a scary process but Dr Shahine makes it as easy as possible and you are in great hands with her.
Pacific NW Fertility was great! The staff was very professional and organized. It is a busy clinic so trying to get an initial appt. can take a couple weeks...Initial visit was around $250 Total cost of all IVF treatments (ultrasounds, bloodwork, egg retrieval, ICSI fertilization, embryo transfer, post-transfer ultrasounds etc) almost $16,000. Medications from MDR pharmacy (our insurance covered some) was about $2500. Infertility sucks and it is a scary process but Dr Shahine makes it as easy as possible and you are in great hands with her.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine and her staff were accessible to answer all my questions and took time to make sure we were comfortable with every step of the IVF process.
Started B/C pills and took them for about three weeks. Had a baseline ultrasound and blood work done. My injectable drugs to start were Follistim and HCG. After a couple ultrasound and blood work monitoring appointments, Ganirelix was added. I used injectable progesterone and estrogen patches. We had 18 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 9 fertilized with ICSI, 3 that made it to 5-day blastocysts. We transferred two embryos and have one frozen. We got pregnant with one baby, had a great pregnancy and he was born healthy 9 months later!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle )
Danielle was amazing! She was our main contact before, during and after our IVF journey. She was easy to get ahold of and would always get back to me promptly. She was a great source of information and encouragement.

2014 - 2015, Successful
I liked this clinic [Pacific Northwest Fertility]. It is clean and comfortable, with highly professional staff from the receptionists to the phlebotomists to the sonographers to the financial advisors. In all of the many months (more than a year) that I was a patient of PNWF, my only disappointment with the care there was when I had a miscarriage and brought in the products of conception for testing; I'd called ahead but when I arrived the staff at the front desk was apparently unaware of why I was there and I had to wait in the waiting room, distraught, with my bag containing the specimen jar with the products of conception. While that could have been handled with much more compassion, it was definitely inadvertent.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
I had a million questions for Dr. Shahine, and she was wonderfully patient with us. I was learning as much as I could from her but also from internet support groups; I was bringing that information back to her. Unsurprisingly the information I was getting from the support groups was not inaccurate but not necessarily applicable to me or otherwise was not the course that Dr. Shahine recommended for me; each time she was incredibly patient in explaining to us her view on the given approach or procedure while remaining open to our choices. As a result we felt like we were getting a carefully thought out practical approach that reflected the best of what's available in this industry for our particular situation. She also showed us so much compassion throughout the rollercoaster that is infertility and repeat pregnancy loss, both in our lows but also in our highs.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if you are worried your questions aren't relevant. She will be patient and thoughtful and not rush you.
Dr. Shahine always allowed us as much time as we needed with her to ask as many questions as we might have about the process, the likely outcomes, and anything else on our minds. And when our first transfer failed, she was the one who called to tell us directly and to answer any questions we had. After our son's birth we sent a birth announcement and she called and emailed to congratulate us.
We sought Dr. Shahine due to her specialization in recurring pregnancy loss. We first completed RPL genetic testing to try to identify a specific cause. The screening did not indicate a specific reason for the losses, supporting the conclusion (and Dr. Shahine's suspicion) that the recurrent losses were due to chromosomal abnormalities. We followed an antagonist protocol (suppressed using birth control pills, followed by stimming with Folistim and mini-HCG, followed by Ganirelix). In the first round of IVF we retrieved 15 eggs; 11 were mature and 10 fertilized. Fertilization was done using ICSI (required because we were doing PGS testing). Of those 10 embryos, 6 made it to 5-day blastocyst, were biopsied for PGS testing and then frozen. Only one of those was found to be chromosomally "normal." A frozen transfer was necessary because of the timing of PGS results from the third party lab. Because I am sensitive to medication and prefer to minimize it, Dr. Shahine offered (and we opted for) a natural FET (birth control pills and progesterone were the only medications). We transferred the one "normal" embryo but had a negative pregnancy test. With no additional "normal" embryos, we decided to do a second IVF cycle. Because we obtained the results were were looking for in terms of retrieval in the first cycle, Dr. Shahine recommended the same protocol for the next cycle. We retrieved 17 eggs; 15 were mature, 8 fertilized, and 6 made it to blastocyst (5 on day 5 and one on day 6). Of those, 2 were chromosomally "normal." We transferred a single "normal" embryo, which led to a successful pregnancy (singleton birth). We had the option to know the sex before transfer but opted to wait until after we had a positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Call)
Our care coordinator was Danielle Call. I really hit it off with Danielle and felt like I was in completely capable hands with her. She was so kind, caring, and patient. She walked me through every step of stimming and triggering (even in my second cycle) like I was the only patient she needed to see. She called me during my third trimester just to see how I was doing with the pregnancy. I hugged her when we had our final appointment when I "graduated" from PNWF to prenatal care.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I liked this clinic. It is clean and comfortable, with highly professional staff from the receptionists to the phlebotomists to the sonographers to the financial advisors. In all of the many months (more than a year) that I was a patient of PNWF, my only disappointment with the care there was when I had a miscarriage and brought in the products of conception for testing; I'd called ahead but when I arrived the staff at the front desk was apparently unaware of why I was there and I had to wait in the waiting room, distraught, with my bag containing the specimen jar with the products of conception. While that could have been handled with much more compassion, it was definitely inadvertent.
We were lucky to have insurance cover a large portion of our costs (approx. $30K was covered by insurance) and we were out of pocket maybe $10K in total (for meds, two retrievals, PGS testing of 12 blastocysts, and two transfers).

2011 - 2013, Successful
All of the physicians and ARNPs are wonderful but we are particular fans of Dr. Shahine. She is Stanford trained, wickedly smart and direct, yet she considers the couple and what they need. She also thinks about the whole person and what a toll infertility treatment can take on the person and the couple...Tell her where you are physically, mentally and emotionally and be really honest about your concerns / fears. She knows her stuff...
All of the drs [at Pacific NW Fertility - Sea] are great. They have some of the best embryologists. Some insurances won't cover them. Location / parking is a bit of a pain...They explained the facts, were kind and compassionate and got us in when we needed to be...[Nurses are...] Compassionate, thorough, flexible on how they communicated (phone vs. email. Email was easier given my job)...
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine was thoughtful and honest. The most professional, evidence based fertility clinic in the PNW. We had a long process and every step of the way PNWF took care of us. Even when we had some horrible news and had to make tough decisions. They explained the facts, were kind and compassionate and got us in when we needed to be. All of the physicians and ARNPs are wonderful but we are particular fans of Dr. Shahine. She is Stanford trained, wickedly smart and direct, yet she considers the couple and what they need. She also thinks about the whole person and what a toll infertility treatment can take on the person and the couple. We cannot speak highly enough of PNWF.
Dr. Shahine asked asked about my physical, emotional and mental health. She suggested add'l support. She asked how things were going with my marriage. She answered all of my questions (and I had a lot of them). she called me at home on Sat, the day we received a negative pregnancy test after our 4th (and final) IVF when I was crushed. It was not her normal day to work. She emailed me when we had a positive pregnant test. And she dealt with all of the complications we had directly and professionally.
IUI was with letrozole. The last one (Where I got pregnant w/ my twins) was injectables + a trigger. It was a while ago so I don't remember the IVF protocols. One used lupin and it was my worst response.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melinda)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
All of the drs are great. They have some of the best embryologists. Some insurances won't cover them. Location / parking is a bit of a pain.

2012, Unsuccessful
Dr Lamb was friendly, but I think that she was overly optimistic in her diagnosis. Lots of unknowns along the fertility journey, but I think she could have been a bit more realistic....Research two or three clinics before making a decision and spend time briefly interviewing each doctor before deciding which clinic to use.
The nurse I was assigned to [at Pacific NW Fertility] , while very nice and compassionate, tended to be a bit rushed and scattered at times....In our initial consultation with the clinic, they advised I would qualify for the 'two cycle' plan....In March that we were told that I didn't qualify due to my FSH & AMH levels being too high. We were extremely disappointed that this wasn't communicated earlier in the process and made a point to challenge the decision and speak with the clinic manager. They listened to our complaint, but I'm not sure that anything was done to fix the gap in their process.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb was quite personable, as was her nursing staff. The nurse I was assigned to, while very nice and compassionate, tended to be a bit rushed and scattered at times.
I was 37 and took 75iu Menopur & 300iu Follistim. I had 11 (or 12?) eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 3 decent embryos on day 3. All three were implanted on day 3, resulted in chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Cripe)
I remember it being somewhat chaotic - getting information or answers to me last minute or only after a few requests.
Base price of $9,951.30 plus $400 for anesthesia, $2,000 for ICSI, $1,230 for embryo cryopreservation and $600 for blast culture for a total of $14,181.30. Plus medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
In our initial consultation with the clinic, they advised I would qualify for the 'two cycle' plan. We returned to the clinic in January after trying to conceive on our own to initiate an IVF cycle with the understanding we would be able to enroll in the two cycle plan. They re-drew my labs to check my levels (a qualifier for the plan) two months prior to the start of our IVF cycle. It wasn't until after we had committed to the process and ordered our meds in March that we were told that I didn't qualify due to my FSH & AMH levels being too high. We were extremely disappointed that this wasn't communicated earlier in the process and made a point to challenge the decision and speak with the clinic manager. They listened to our complaint, but I'm not sure that anything was done to fix the gap in their process. There was some communication through email with the nurse who said Dr. Lamb thought we would have good success and likely be able to freeze some embryos. We only had three decent day-3 embryos to implant.
Seattle

[Dr. Darcy Broughton] appears to be the one who works with LGBT folks the most, which was nice for us... is an incredibly kind and warm doctor who made us feel very accepted and safe...kept us well aware of where we stood in the process and helped us to understand our chances of success. She was very concerned about side effects of the medication and checked in me frequently...
I think all of the doctors at PNWF are lovely, but Dr. Broughton appears to be the one who works with LGBT folks the most, which was nice for us...[nurses] were super accessible by email and phone. I also saw one of them at the end of every appointment during the ovarian stimulation...each blood draw during the ovarian stimulation was $115. The IVF total was about $23,000, PGTA testing was another $3,500. Each IUI was $376. We ordered our medication from outside pharmacies.
How was your experience with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Boughton kept us well aware of where we stood in the process and helped us to understand our chances of success. She was very concerned about side effects of the medication and checked in me frequently.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Broughton is an incredibly kind and warm doctor who made us feel very accepted and safe.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber and Catherine)
Amber and Catherine comprise Dr. Broughton's team and they were super accessible by email and phone. I also saw one of them at the end of every appointment during the ovarian stimulation.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
PNWF was recommended to us by our GP. This is one of the most organized and efficient clinics I have ever been to. Oftentimes I was in and out of the office <15min. They are always on time, if not early, and the financial person was always around in case you needed to talk about bills/payments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility.
Our insurance did not cover anything, so each blood draw during the ovarian stimulation was $115. The IVF total was about $23,000, PGTA testing was another $3,500. Each IUI was $376. We ordered our medication from outside pharmacies.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
I had to come in a second time for a blood test that was left out of the initial blood draw.
Darcy Broughton
Seattle

Dr. Shahine clearly knows her stuff, and she’s wonderful to speak with about treatment options and everything that goes along with it. That said, as a patient, you primarily speak only with her nurses. She is not accessible to patients and, when dealing with infertility, that can be tough. Other than that, though, this doctor is optimistic, compassionate, intelligent, and definitely knows what she’s doing. Would definitely recommend overall.
The facility [Pacific NW Fertility] is nice, the doctors are smart and competent, the nurses are mostly responsive. It is the only fertility clinic I’ve ever been to, but I trust that they will do their best and provide me with the best possible outcome!... as a patient, you primarily speak only with her [Dr. Shahine's] nurses. She is not accessible to patients and, when dealing with infertility, that can be tough
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Be prepared to ask ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS when you see her because it’s unlikely that you’ll get another chance!
We tried one (failed) medicated IUI, although it turned out that even the trigger shot didn’t work. About to start our first IVF cycle!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The facility is nice, the doctors are smart and competent, the nurses are mostly responsive. It is the only fertility clinic I’ve ever been to, but I trust that they will do their best and provide me with the best possible outcome!
All costs are out of pocket for us, so we’re about the hand over about $23k to the clinic plus $3k for meds.
She will inform you of statistics and her recommendation, but will ultimately let you make your own decision.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
Just that my trigger shot failed for our IUI and that possibility was not discussed prior, monitored during, or discussed after the failed cycle.
Seattle

I definitely felt like Dr Shahine cared about my treatment and about being completely honest and open about my chances and the possible routes I could take at my age. Though she did push me to consider IUI and IVF ASAP, I opted to go the natural route for awhile (acupuncture and supplements) before deciding to finally try IUI. Dr Shahine did lay out realistic expectations for me.
There's a bit of a cattle-call feeling [at Pacific NW Fertility] with all the women in the clinic coming and going, but I understand that goes with the industry. Everyone is nice and courteous and I was never made to feel less than human, however. Fertility struggles can feel invasive and embarrassing but the clinic does everything right in making you feel at ease.... Michelle (and De Shahine's whole team) was fantastic; she's available by email and took the time to explain many things and answer all my questions. She's also very personable and warm.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
No question is a dumb question! Come prepared with all of your questions and she will answer honestly and realistically, but in a caring way.
Dr Shahine is very warm and creates a feeling of openness and honesty, which I appreciated. She also took the time to get to know me and asked many questions. Her nurses are fantastic as well!
I'm on my first IUI and have used Femara on cycle days 3-7 and then had an HCG trigger shot on day 13. It still remains to be seen if it was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
There's a bit of a cattle-call feeling with all the women in the clinic coming and going, but I understand that goes with the industry. Everyone is nice and courteous and I was never made to feel less than human, however. Fertility struggles can feel invasive and embarrassing but the clinic does everything right in making you feel at ease.
So far probably around $1000
Seattle

She [Dr. Shahine] is very compassionate and is humble. She will refer to other doctors to ensure you are receiving the best care....I had an issue with thin lining and she referred with another doctor to add a medication to help. It appear to be helpful such as adding trental to my protocol for a month. It did help get my lining thicker for a transfer.... She is great, although a couple of times I felt rushed out of the appointment...
This clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is timely and flexible on their schedules. You can see other doctors and I like how they meet daily to consult on all patients to discuss as a group on your care. It helps keep things consistent and if they are out of the office, someone can pick up where they left off. They operate very seamlessly.... I was able to make early monitoring appointments. It was helpful to not conflict with my work schedule.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She is great, although a couple of times I felt rushed out of the appointment or that she didn't want to treat me any longer due to my recurrent issue. I could have been me feeling that but all other times she was really great.
If something doesn't work the first time, push to find a new protocol. Take notes as over time you may be repeating a protocol and something my be missing that is a big piece of your puzzle.
She is very compassionate and is humble. She will refer to other doctors to ensure you are receiving the best care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Gray)
She is very well organized and is responsive to all questions, especially when I have a million questions!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This clinic is timely and flexible on their schedules. You can see other doctors and I like how they meet daily to consult on all patients to discuss as a group on your care. It helps keep things consistent and if they are out of the office, someone can pick up where they left off. They operate very seamlessly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific NW Fertility.
Fortunately most of the costs were covered by insurance except for genetic testing which were $2500 and miscellaneous costs that was not covered by insurance approximately around $1000 overall.
Seattle

You go into your first appointment feeling crazy emotional and he [Dr. Swelstad] had the right amount of empathy coupled with data that made me hopeful. He gave us a plan (both short term and long term) and we left feeling like there could be a light at the end of the tunnel (or at least we could affirmatively do something instead of just having unexplained fertility and doing the same thing every month).
[The nurses at Pacific NW Fertility were] Very response when I called with questions...Takes a long time for the initial appointment, but once you're in then getting seen is a breeze. If you are having issues TTC and think you will need to see a fertility doctor, get the appointment on the books...because it will take 2-3 months to get the initial appointment)... He [Dr. Swelstad] was very patient and listened to all my questions (and answered them).
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
You go into your first appointment feeling crazy emotional and he had the right amount of empathy coupled with data that made me hopeful. He gave us a plan (both short term and long term) and we left feeling like there could be a light at the end of the tunnel (or at least we could affirmatively do something instead of just having unexplained fertility and doing the same thing every month).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
I did my homework before I met with Dr. Swelstad and I think it made our first appointment much more productive because I was able to ask more detailed specific questions instead of having to cover the basics of fertility. If you're going to spend the time and money with a specialist, you might as well get your moneys worth and use his vast knowledge.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
MY ob had previously done my fertility workup so I showed up with a big binder of test results and 19 months of cycle charts. He was very patient and listened to all my questions (and answered them).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
Very response when I called with questions.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Takes a long time for the initial appointment, but once you're in then getting seen is a breeze. If you are having issues TTC and think you will need to see a fertility doctor, get the appointment on the books (under 35 so they say wait a year - I'd call before a year because it will take 2-3 months to get the initial appointment).
Brad Swelstad
Seattle

Dr swelstad was very nice and easy to talk to. He explained a lot to us and figured out a treatment plan that we both thought was great. We are happy to be working with him. He seemed very caring and not just as another patient but like he really cares about his patients....we talked and figured out a plan for us within our means..... dr swelstad switched me to femara with injections of follistim and trigger shot with iui and progesterone
Beautiful clinic. Everyone there was very friendly and nice from the front desk to the ma and nurse to the dr and the phlebotomist. I also Love that the lab is in the clinic....pnwf does there best to help from billing what they can to insurance to helping you go through a fertility pharmacy so you can get your medicine at a better cost... Amber is amazing. She always calls me back in a timely matter and always emails me or responds to my emails in a timely matter!
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr swelstad was very nice and easy to talk to. He explained a lot to us and figured out a treatment plan that we both thought was great. We are happy to be working with him. He seemed very caring and not just as another patient but like he really cares about his patients. It was nice because we were so nervous.
Just relax you are in good hands he is very nice and easy to talk to!
My husband and I both really like dr swelstad! He was very nice and professional yet caring and we talked and figured out a plan for us within our means.
Describe the protocols Brad Swelstad used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
My husband and I had done 6 rounds of clomid and two rounds with iui. Nothing had worked. So dr swelstad switched me to femara with injections of follistim and trigger shot with iui and progesterone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Beautiful clinic. Everyone there was very friendly and nice from the front desk to the ma and nurse to the dr and the phlebotomist. I also Love that the lab is in the clinic. I wish I lived closer so I could always just go to that clinic and not have to go to a separate dr where I live for iui and ultrasounds
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility.
Everything is spendy with infertility it doesn’t matter where you go. I wish there was insurance here to help with infertility but pnwf does there best to help from billing what they can to insurance to helping you go through a fertility pharmacy so you can get your medicine at a better cost
Brad Swelstad
Seattle
She [Dr. Laura Shahine] did not have much to say about my eggs, wanted to move on to donor eggs. I did ask her to slow down and take me through her thought process which she did. She is always very encouraging in subsequent appointments.... Do not hesitate to slow her down if she has skipped ahead in the process. She’s just using her experience to do so but your experience in getting there is just as important. It was a major thing for is to think about donor eggs, and 10 months after she first mentioned, we finally ready.
[Pacific NW Fertility Staff] Always answer calls promptly, never lost in hold-land like the larger clinics. Nurses are very knowledgeable and detailed oriented but there are many transitions. I’ve had 3 in 10 months due to staff changes. Front desk staff friendly.... 1) When I call, someone always answers the phone. I’m not in a long queue. This is a huge time saver. 2) my nurse is very detail orientated and empathetic.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She did not have much to say about my eggs, wanted to move on to donor eggs. I did ask her to slow down and take me through her thought process which she did. She is always very encouraging in subsequent appointments.
She recommended use of donor eggs after 3 failed attempts with my own eggs.
Absolutely tracking all the details, found errors in my ERA report and had it corrected before I even saw it.
$30,000 for donor egg 6 egg batch and at least one PGS normal embryo
Don’t know yet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
I was suppose to have an endometriosis test with my ERA biopsy but that info didn’t get transferred when my nurse changed. I have to go back a second time if I want the test. Not a big deal, just inconvenient.

2010 - 2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Julie Lamb] is excellent. Her staff is excellent. She always explains everything and entertains all questions no matter how small or trivial. She has personally called me just to check in especially after bad news.... She cares about me and is sad when we are sad and happy when we are happy.... We started down this path because of my husband's sperm count issues. It's been a long road of 8 years. We went IVF route to try and speed up the process but as I get older it gets harder.
Although the financial counselor [at Pacific NW Fertility] is helpful I still find the payment process stressful and confusing. I also feel like I was not always given all the pricing info I needed and was not offered discounts for multiple IVF cycles that I should've been. The coordination between the clinic and the genetics testing is not 100% either. I had a miscarriage and my collected tissue wasn't sent in time so the genetics lab was not able to properly evaluate the embryo.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
She's excellent. Her staff is excellent. She always explains everything and entertains all questions no matter how small or trivial. She has personally called me just to check in especially after bad news.
Nothing. She's excellent.
She cares about me and is sad when we are sad and happy when we are happy.
I'm not sure I can answer this well. We started down this path because of my husband's sperm count issues. It's been a long road of 8 years. We went IVF route to try and speed up the process but as I get older it gets harder.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie Fleharty )
There are definitely people on staff that are better than others but I have a special bond with Kallie and she goes out of her way to help me.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Although the financial counselor is helpful I still find the payment process stressful and confusing. I also feel like I was not always given all the pricing info I needed and was not offered discounts for multiple IVF cycles that I should've been. The coordination between the clinic and the genetics testing is not 100% either. I had a miscarriage and my collected tissue wasn't sent in time so the genetics lab was not able to properly evaluate the embryo.
$25,000 per IVF cycle. That's $15k for doctor/clinic, $5k for meds and $5k for genetic testing.
I don't have any comments. Just lots of questions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
I already wrote about the mishandling of miscarriage materials in my last open ended comment.
Seattle

during my initial consultation, dr lamb took 45mins-1hr to sit and talk with me. we discussed my concerns over being unable to conceive in detail. she displayed a high level of empathy, and i felt she intently listened and responded with specifics....dr lamb was a pleasure to work with. she communicated clearly in terms i understood. she was gentle, and i felt like she understood the emotional stress i was experiencing. i had easy access to her, and tho visits were frequent, i never felt like my time was being wasted.
emily [at Pacific NW Fertility] was/is incredible. she handled all of my medication scheduling, which can get complicated with a busy work schedule. she was responsive to emails, knowledgable about all the steps of treatment, and professional...strengths: good candy at counter, professional and friendly front desk staff and lab techs. huge bonus was primarily female staff. weaknesses: paid parking. hardly a weakness worth mentioning....i believe the total cost of care ended up around 29k.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
expect her to be direct but gentle, and leave you with reasonable expectations about treatment.
during my initial consultation, dr lamb took 45mins-1hr to sit and talk with me. we discussed my concerns over being unable to conceive in detail. she displayed a high level of empathy, and i felt she intently listened and responded with specifics. i appreciated that she didn't give me unreasonable expectations, but left me feeling hopeful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: emily rudolf)
emily was/is incredible. she handled all of my medication scheduling, which can get complicated with a busy work schedule. she was responsive to emails, knowledgable about all the steps of treatment, and professional.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
i believe the total cost of care ended up around 29k. huge bonus was putting it on amex and getting pointsssssssss.
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Lamb was very patient with us and answered many questions. She was also humorous and personable. She always stayed positive and offered many smiles when we needed them.... We worked on egg retrievals for three years before implanting because of my age (37-39) and diminished reserves. We were able to get enough eggs for a successful transfer and freezing and have three left to try for a second child.
Strengths- good staff, professional, good results and efficiency Weaknesses- the billing office [Pacific NW Fertility - Seattle] has been very helpful working with us but if you are using insurance at all Beware... it is very time consuming and tedious to get the payments applied.... We worked with two nurses that were assigned to Dr. Lamb and liked them both. Nurse Schilling is an incredible nurse practitioner who also worked with us.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb is very professional and nice to work with plus she is incredibly talented with fertility issues and treatments. I’m so glad our family found her- we are now seven weeks away from a baby girl thanks to Dr. Lamb!
Don’t be afraid to ask her all of your questions.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Strengths- good staff, professional, good results and efficiency Weaknesses- the billing office has been very helpful working with us but if you are using insurance at all Beware... it is very time consuming and tedious to get the payments applied.
We used two insurance companies and only paid the remainder which was around $400 for drugs after two cycles and $1500 Per cycle. I think it would have been $20-30k Per cycle without insurance.
My doctor recommended we try two - which we did- one was viable.
Seattle

Friendly and approachable so I felt comfortable to ask any questions, and left her [Dr. Shahine] appointments knowing what would come next and what actions to take. She is positive (but not in an annoying way) which was reassuring in this stressful time, and she was very supportive of me and my husband. ... Always gave me her full attention. She was realistic but also optimistic, which I think is a hard balance to strike. She’s thoughtful in everything that she says, and you can tell she really is invested in her patients.
The clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is modern, clean and professional-looking. They did have an error with my insurance billing and overcharged me but reimbursed me later. They have their billing staff on location to discuss any confusion and break down the cost per stage of the cycle. ... Danielle specifically was very easy to talk to and so good at explaining the different steps and our options. I probably talked to her more than the doctor so she was a huge part of our journey.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She was amazing. Friendly and approachable so I felt comfortable to ask any questions, and left her appointments knowing what would come next and what actions to take. She is positive (but not in an annoying way) which was reassuring in this stressful time, and she was very supportive of me and my husband.
You are in good hands, so trust the process and hope for the best.
She was really caring and patient. Always gave me her full attention. She was realistic but also optimistic, which I think is a hard balance to strike. She’s thoughtful in everything that she says, and you can tell she really is invested in her patients.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is modern, clean and professional-looking. They did have an error with my insurance billing and overcharged me but reimbursed me later. They have their billing staff on location to discuss any confusion and break down the cost per stage of the cycle.
I think I paid about $5k out of pocket of the $15-$20k total cost. My insurance covered most of the cost luckily but they did not cover genetic testing.
I remember her saying they didn’t recommend more than one embryo transfer especially for someone my age (33 at the time I think) because of the complications with multiple eggs such as premature labor.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
While I was going to egg retrieval stimulation, he [Dr. Hickok] never told me I had thin lining. I had no idea this was an issue until we started the transfer process which as a patient I was not aware how this piece was important to the process. He did not fully inform us that it would likely no work, he acted like you can "roll the dice" and see what happens. I feel it was a waste of one of our 3 PGS embryos. We had sent in 6 but 3 were abnormal.
The organization of the office [Pacific NW Fertility] from appointments, blood work, and the process worked very well. There was never a long wait. It happened once and they acknowledge it but offering Starbucks gift cards and why there was a wait.... They had monitor hours and the process was very easy and quick. I was able to get in and out before work.... Annie was fantastic. She was very compassionate when having to deliver bad news. When she was off, it was very clear on the difference in care I received from other nurses.
How was your experience with Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility?
While I was going to egg retrieval stimulation, he never told me I had thin lining. I had no idea this was an issue until we started the transfer process which as a patient I was not aware how this piece was important to the process. He did not fully inform us that it would likely no work, he acted like you can "roll the dice" and see what happens. I feel it was a waste of one of our 3 PGS embryos. We had sent in 6 but 3 were abnormal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility?
He's retired now but I think all clinics should require either an orientation or resources so that patients fully understand the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility?
He has a good bed side manner and was very gentle and explaining the process as this was my first time for IVF.
Describe the protocols Lee Hickok (retired) used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Birth control before starting stims. Ganirelex and Lupron, for stims.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Annie Terry)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The organization of the office from appointments, blood work, and the process worked very well. There was never a long wait. It happened once and they acknowledge it but offering Starbucks gift cards and why there was a wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility.
I don't recall as insurance cover most of it outside of genetic testing which was Genesis for $2,500.
Describe Lee Hickok (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
They indicated that the embryos were PGS tested so only SET.
Lee Hickok (retired)
Seattle
Lora [Shahine] was great at explaining each procedure and all of our options. She was very candid and patient. We never felt rushed with her time and always felt good leaving her office. When our IUI didn't work, Lora explained the possibilities as to why it may not have worked and took her time in explaining what future course of actions we could choose from...Lora was always so great with both my husband and I. Was in constant contact, never made us feel like we were asking silly questions, and always made us feel like we were a priority to her.
This clinic [Pacific NW Fertility - Sea] has amazing hours! It is clean and the staff is very friendly....I had two different nurses communicate with me during my time with Lora. Each were prompt in their replies to my emails and were great at answering any questions hat I had....Lora [Shahine] was great at explaining each procedure and all of our options. She was very candid and patient. We never felt rushed with her time and always felt good leaving her office.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Lora was great at explaining each procedure and all of our options. She was very candid and patient. We never felt rushed with her time and always felt good leaving her office. When our IUI didn't work, Lora explained the possibilities as to why it may not have worked and took her time in explaining what future course of actions we could choose from.
Trust her and listen to all she has to say.
Lora was always so great with both my husband and I. Was in constant contact, never made us feel like we were asking silly questions, and always made us feel like we were a priority to her. Lora still keeps in contact even though I moved to the other side of the state.
I used letrozol to help regulate my period which worked wonderfully. My husband stored his sperm as he travels for work and we did an IUI. Before the IUI I received a trigger shot to help trigger ovulation and did an ultrasound to see where I was at in my cycle. The IUI unfortunately didn't work but we continued with letrozol and ended up getting pregnant naturally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: I unfortunately do not remember )
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This clinic has amazing hours! It is clean and the staff is very friendly.
I am not 100% sure but I want to say around 1000-1500
Seattle
I started treatment at 39 and was diagnosed with endometriosis causing blocked tubes. I also was thought to have slightly diminished egg quality. Dr. Lamb recommended laparoscopic surgery prior to proceeding with an embryo transfer. She also recommended that we complete PGD testing. We took both of those steps, which I believe were critical. We completed two rounds of IVF resulting in only one normal embryo. That embryo resulted in pregnancy.
Everyone I encountered at PNW Fertility was kind, encouraging and knowledgeable. We always felt well taken care of. They go out of there way to make numerous required visits as easy as possible...The nursing staff was great, particularly our IVF coordinator who was awesome and really on top of my treatment.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
I could not have asked for more as a patient of Dr. Lamb. She always took as much time as needed to answer all of our questions and concerns. She was optimistic, but also very clear about chances of success and obstacles we may face.
Don't be afraid to ask questions about your treatment or to express concerns. I am one of those people that needs to know what the next steps will be regardless of outcome. Dr. Lamb was very patient in addressing my need to discuss various options and outcomes.
Dr. Lamb and her staff were always kind and generous with their time. I always felt well taken care of and that they were truly invested in my treatment.
2015, Successful
Dr. Shahine is one of the most trustworthy, kind, caring and intelligent doctors my husband and I have ever known. She truly cares about you and understands the gravity and complexity of undergoing fertility treatment, not to mention the emotional toll it can take...Dr. Shahine is incredibly inclusive, never treats you like a number and truly acts as a partner in your care. She makes it a point to explain every procedure, lab test and result with great care and compassion.
The doctors and nursing staff (medical assistants, front desk staff and phlebotomy included) are all fantastic. It's evident that the staff communicates well with one another (internal patient processes are clear and streamlined) and they are always kind, helpful and knowledgeable in their interactions with patients. I did run into challenges with the PNWF billing specialists (duplicate charges, improper billing to insurance, etc.) - but I was always able to resolve these issues.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
It's okay to be emotionally vulnerable. Dr. Shahine will not judge you and is there to support you through this journey.
Gonal F Pen Progesterone in Oil 100mg/mL
Danielle was my primary care coordinator/RN and she was fantastic in this role. She is extremely knowledgeable, kind, approachable and organized. No question was a "dumb" question and she treated each hurdle in my IVF journey, sensitively and with compassion.
Seattle

Dr Marshall is extremely experienced in her field...She reviewed my past miscarriages and previous failed IVF and tailored a treatment and cycle to me. She asked personal questions about me and listened...She is very well spoken and communicated all of the possible Options in a way that was easy to understand. I trusted her expertise and treatment plan. She was honest and direct about expectations. I saw her almost every time I was in the clinic....
The nursing staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] Emily and Brenna are the best nurses I have ever worked with in any doctors office. They were extremely responsive. They were kind and compassionate. They were skilled and knowledgeable...It was always easy to get an appointment. the waiting room is never full meaning you dont wait long. They are very safe with COVID. All of the staff is helpful. The parking lot is very full usually so get there early....
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Marshall is extremely experienced in her field. She is very well spoken and communicated all of the possible Options in a way that was easy to understand. I trusted her expertise and treatment plan. She was honest and direct about expectations. I saw her almost every time I was in the clinic. This doctor, this woman changed my entire life.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Do whatever she tells you to do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Marshall and her staff communicated clearly and often. She reviewed my past miscarriages and previous failed IVF and tailored a treatment and cycle to me. She asked personal questions about me and listened.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily and Brenna)
The nursing staff Emily and Brenna are the best nurses I have ever worked with in any doctors office. They were extremely responsive. They were kind and compassionate. They were skilled and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility.
Insurance paid