9.7

Issaquah, WA 98029
1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104
206.515.0000

Lora [Shahine] was great at explaining each procedure and all of our options. She was very candid and patient. We never felt rushed with her time and always felt good leaving her office. When our IUI didn't work, Lora explained the possibilities as to why it may not have worked and took her time in explaining what future course of actions we could choose from...Lora was always so great with both my husband and I. Was in constant contact, never made us feel like we were asking silly questions, and always made us feel like we were a priority to her.
This clinic [Pacific NW Fertility - Sea] has amazing hours! It is clean and the staff is very friendly....I had two different nurses communicate with me during my time with Lora. Each were prompt in their replies to my emails and were great at answering any questions hat I had....Lora [Shahine] was great at explaining each procedure and all of our options. She was very candid and patient. We never felt rushed with her time and always felt good leaving her office.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Lora was great at explaining each procedure and all of our options. She was very candid and patient. We never felt rushed with her time and always felt good leaving her office. When our IUI didn't work, Lora explained the possibilities as to why it may not have worked and took her time in explaining what future course of actions we could choose from.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Trust her and listen to all she has to say.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Lora was always so great with both my husband and I. Was in constant contact, never made us feel like we were asking silly questions, and always made us feel like we were a priority to her. Lora still keeps in contact even though I moved to the other side of the state.
Describe the protocols Lora Shahine used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
I used letrozol to help regulate my period which worked wonderfully. My husband stored his sperm as he travels for work and we did an IUI. Before the IUI I received a trigger shot to help trigger ovulation and did an ultrasound to see where I was at in my cycle. The IUI unfortunately didn't work but we continued with letrozol and ended up getting pregnant naturally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: I unfortunately do not remember )
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This clinic has amazing hours! It is clean and the staff is very friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility.
I am not 100% sure but I want to say around 1000-1500
Seattle
I started treatment at 39 and was diagnosed with endometriosis causing blocked tubes. I also was thought to have slightly diminished egg quality. Dr. Lamb recommended laparoscopic surgery prior to proceeding with an embryo transfer. She also recommended that we complete PGD testing. We took both of those steps, which I believe were critical. We completed two rounds of IVF resulting in only one normal embryo. That embryo resulted in pregnancy.
Everyone I encountered at PNW Fertility was kind, encouraging and knowledgeable. We always felt well taken care of. They go out of there way to make numerous required visits as easy as possible...The nursing staff was great, particularly our IVF coordinator who was awesome and really on top of my treatment.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
I could not have asked for more as a patient of Dr. Lamb. She always took as much time as needed to answer all of our questions and concerns. She was optimistic, but also very clear about chances of success and obstacles we may face.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask questions about your treatment or to express concerns. I am one of those people that needs to know what the next steps will be regardless of outcome. Dr. Lamb was very patient in addressing my need to discuss various options and outcomes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb and her staff were always kind and generous with their time. I always felt well taken care of and that they were truly invested in my treatment.
Describe the protocols Julie Lamb used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
2015, Successful
Dr. Shahine is one of the most trustworthy, kind, caring and intelligent doctors my husband and I have ever known. She truly cares about you and understands the gravity and complexity of undergoing fertility treatment, not to mention the emotional toll it can take...Dr. Shahine is incredibly inclusive, never treats you like a number and truly acts as a partner in your care. She makes it a point to explain every procedure, lab test and result with great care and compassion.
The doctors and nursing staff (medical assistants, front desk staff and phlebotomy included) are all fantastic. It's evident that the staff communicates well with one another (internal patient processes are clear and streamlined) and they are always kind, helpful and knowledgeable in their interactions with patients. I did run into challenges with the PNWF billing specialists (duplicate charges, improper billing to insurance, etc.) - but I was always able to resolve these issues.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
It's okay to be emotionally vulnerable. Dr. Shahine will not judge you and is there to support you through this journey.
Gonal F Pen Progesterone in Oil 100mg/mL
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Call)
Danielle was my primary care coordinator/RN and she was fantastic in this role. She is extremely knowledgeable, kind, approachable and organized. No question was a "dumb" question and she treated each hurdle in my IVF journey, sensitively and with compassion.
Seattle

Dr Marshall is extremely experienced in her field...She reviewed my past miscarriages and previous failed IVF and tailored a treatment and cycle to me. She asked personal questions about me and listened...She is very well spoken and communicated all of the possible Options in a way that was easy to understand. I trusted her expertise and treatment plan. She was honest and direct about expectations. I saw her almost every time I was in the clinic....
The nursing staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] Emily and Brenna are the best nurses I have ever worked with in any doctors office. They were extremely responsive. They were kind and compassionate. They were skilled and knowledgeable...It was always easy to get an appointment. the waiting room is never full meaning you dont wait long. They are very safe with COVID. All of the staff is helpful. The parking lot is very full usually so get there early....
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Marshall is extremely experienced in her field. She is very well spoken and communicated all of the possible Options in a way that was easy to understand. I trusted her expertise and treatment plan. She was honest and direct about expectations. I saw her almost every time I was in the clinic. This doctor, this woman changed my entire life.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Do whatever she tells you to do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Marshall and her staff communicated clearly and often. She reviewed my past miscarriages and previous failed IVF and tailored a treatment and cycle to me. She asked personal questions about me and listened.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily and Brenna)
The nursing staff Emily and Brenna are the best nurses I have ever worked with in any doctors office. They were extremely responsive. They were kind and compassionate. They were skilled and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility.
Insurance paid
Seattle

Dr Lamb was kind and compassionate, she answered all of our questions. She also addressed the emotional side of infertility in the best way I have ever experienced in a firtility clinic. It was very therapeutic. However, she didn't inform us how the billing for the visit worked, so we kept talk which we otherwise would have limited.... She advised eSET and would only do a 2 embryo transfer is we requested it, but they advised against it.
They [Pacific NW Fertility-Seattle] have multiple locations, they were kind and clean. They seemed culturally competent. We felt welcomed. They were not all sensitive, one MA was asking me about how many kids I had to compare birth stories, which is not what I would expect to be asked in a firtility clinic.... They [the nurses] replied quickly to requests and questions. They could be more personal and warm in their interaction.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Prepare your questions before hand and make sure you understand the financial part of it too.
I felt that the care was personal and my emotional state was acknowledged. I felt heard and respected.
Most of it was communicate to us by the RN and ARNP. We used a higher dose of letrozole during the IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
They replied quickly to requests and questions. They could be more personal and warm in their interaction.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They have multiple locations, they were kind and clean. They seemed culturally competent. We felt welcomed. They were not all sensitive, one MA was asking me about how many kids I had to compare birth stories, which is not what I would expect to be asked in a firtility clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility.
A little higher than average for the area.
Describe Julie Lamb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
Seattle

Dr. Lamb is simply the best! She’s so compassionate and knowledgeable. We felt like we were in wonderful hands our whole way through the tough process and deeply trusted her plan of care. Highly recommended!! ... Dr. Lamb and her nursing team [PNWF] are amazing! Everyone is so kind and helpful. ... Dr. Lamb encourages transferring one embryo but allowed us to choose to transfer two.
Everything was truly wonderful and we would recommend PNWF again and again. All the providers and staff are so caring and we always felt welcomed. We are still receiving care but feel optimistic that we will have a good outcome. ... Dr. Lamb’s team of nurses were vital to our experience. They were always helpful and responsive and we really enjoyed working with them.
Be patient.
Dr. Lamb and her nursing team are amazing! Everyone is so kind and helpful.
Our first cycle consisted of an egg retrieval and frozen transfer because we wanted to genetically test the embryos. Unfortunately, two frozen transfers of two embryos each time resulted in miscarriages at six and eight weeks. We are now gearing up for a fresh transfer after our second retrieval last week!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
We were lucky to have insurance and spent about $10K after two cycles.
Seattle

Dr.Shahine has been very attentive during the whole process. Very informative and warm. She explains everything in detail. She informs you every visit of what to expect in the coming days. Advises to rest, slow down, wear yoga pants etc...She gives you personalized care and focuses on preventing ovarian hyperstimulation...Enthusiastic and sympathetic during every appointment...one embryo transfer is recommended Also it is based on age and risk factor
So far my experience has been great [at Pacific NW Fertility]. The staff is attentive and the lobby doesn't feel like a factory. Lab and procedure room are in different areas. It helps for people that in different stages if the treatment...Tara [nurse] was compassionate, patient...Dr.Shahine has been very attentive during the whole process. Very informative and warm. She explains everything in detail. She informs you every visit of what to expect in the coming days. Advises to rest, slow down, wear yoga pants etc...She gives you personalized care and focuses on preventing ovarian hyperstimulation
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
You are in good hands. She gives you personalized care and focuses on preventing ovarian hyperstimulation.
Dr.Shahine is very warm and attentive. Enthusiastic and sympathetic during every appointment.
Metformin 1500 with birth control initially to manage hormones due to high ovarian reserve Then stimulation: HCG 20 units, follistim 220 iux 11 days Trigger: Lupton + hcg
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tara)
Tara was compassionate, patient and educative
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
So far my experience has been great. The staff is attentive and the lobby doesn't feel like a factory. Lab and procedure room are in different areas. It helps for people that in different stages if the treatment.
20k cycle 3 meds-stimulation PGD- pending about 5k
Describe Lora Shahine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
Due to BT, one embryo transfer is recommended Also it is based on age and risk factors
Seattle

Being Dr Swelstad’s patient has been a pleasure. We are mfi & somewhat unexplained and he always took the time to explain everything, never pressured us into expensive treatments without exhausting accessible treatments first, and was always on top of our treatment. I think we had a fairly good result in terms of ivf (I know many wish for 8 embryos out of the first retrieval) and I’m particularly happy he recommended pgs so we avoid heartbreak - 5 out of our 8 beautifully looking embryos were not compatible with life. Overall, I fully recommend dr Swelstad - he was caring and competent throughout the process.
The clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] has been great so far - everyone is on top of everything that’s going on and I never had any issues with scheduling, billing, etc. my first intake appointment was approximately 3 months out, but I’m not sure if this is normal or they were just very busy at that time... I think we had a fairly good result in terms of ivf (I know many wish for 8 embryos out of the first retrieval) and I’m particularly happy he recommended pgs so we avoid heartbreak - 5 out of our 8 beautifully looking embryos were not compatible with life.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the protocols Brad Swelstad used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Our numbers were not great, but not terrible either. We started with Femara timed intercourse cycles, moved to IUIs, then IVF (1). The antagonist protocol, with frozen transfer, resulted in success (so far).
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic has been great so far - everyone is on top of everything that’s going on and I never had any issues with scheduling, billing, etc. my first intake appointment was approximately 3 months out, but I’m not sure if this is normal or they were just very busy at that time.
Brad Swelstad
Seattle
She [Dr. Marshall] is thorough with her answers...I only saw her 3 times in a year so wasn’t able to develop much of a relationship...Very nice and very informative. I wish I could have seen her more often and felt like she was really working to try to make things happen for me. I didn’t feel like she remembered me whenever I saw her...Started with no meds and IUI, then moved to letrozole for 3 cycles, then moved to letrozole and follistim, all with IUIs. No positive results. Discussed embryo donation, egg donation, and ivf and pros and cons with each.
[Pacific NW Fertility has] Nice offices. Seems to be confusion at times with he billing office. Charged different amounts for the same service, or received bill for items I’d already paid at time of service. I wish I had been assigned particular people to work with rather than whoever was available...Saw so many different [nurses]. And her assistant kept changing...$330 per IUI. Ultrasounds and doctor visits cheaper.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Ask a lot of questions. She is thorough with her answers.
Describe the protocols Lorna Marshall used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
Saw so many different ones. And her assistant kept changing.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
$330 per IUI. Ultrasounds and doctor visits cheaper.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
Issues with billing department as described above.
2011 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Lee Hickok] remembered us and spoke to you like a friend... He did a great job of explaining all the risks and chances for success and failure. He always seemed to be in a good mood and I got the impression that all the staff enjoyed working with him. The whole office worked like a well oiled machine but still felt personable... He let us know the chances for multiples and made sure we understood the risks for transferring multiple embryos.
The location [of Pacific NW Fertility] is either convenient or not for you. You either have to pay for the parking garage or find street parking. The view from their office is great and something I enjoyed every visit. As they have become busier there is a longer wait for appointments.... Our initial IVF cycle was 6 years ago and cost just under $20,000 out of pocket. Each frozen embryo transfer was around $5,000. All the costs were made clear up front.
How was your experience with Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility?
The same advice I would give anyone undergoing fertility treatment, educate yourself so you know what questions to ask and so you know what to expect.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility?
He remembered us and spoke to you like a friend
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Renee Lanzolla)
I loved that I was able to email and usually get a response the same day and if not I would receive an out of office response. Any changes in the treatment plan resulted in a revised calendar being sent.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The location is either convenient or not for you. You either have to pay for the parking garage or find street parking. The view from their office is great and something I enjoyed every visit. As they have become busier there is a longer wait for appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe Lee Hickok (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
Lee Hickok (retired)

2010, Unsuccessful
During my second IUI attempt she [Dr Lora Shahine] flat out said she didn't know what to do with me and asked if I had considered egg donors. She had not done any testing on me to find out if this was something I should consider. Needless to say it scared me very much. I left the clinic, had testing done at another clinic, learned I had a thyroid imbalance which was easily corrected and got pregnant immediately after.
My doctor [at Pacific NW Fertility] went out on medical leave. Nobody called to let me know this. I left messages and emails and didn't finally get a response until two weeks later. Testing was never ordered, not even basic blood tests...I do not remember the cost. I do know it was cheaper than other clinics....I was assigned another doctor, but was transferred to Dr. Shahine when he was out. I felt like she was very rushed and could care less about my care.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine was not the doctor assigned to me. During my second IUI attempt she flat out said she didn't know what to do with me and asked if I had considered egg donors. She had not done any testing on me to find out if this was something I should consider. Needless to say it scared me very much. I left the clinic, had testing done at another clinic, learned I had a thyroid imbalance which was easily corrected and got pregnant immediately after.
Be careful and get a second opinion. From what I have heard she treats her own patients a lot better.
femara + IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
The nurses seemed to thaw the sperm vials way too long before the actual procedure. They also wanted to do an IUI exactly 24 hours after trigger even though not every patient ovulates then.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
It looks nice from the outside.
I do not remember the cost. I do know it was cheaper than other clinics.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
My doctor went out on medical leave. Nobody called to let me know this. I left messages and emails and didn't finally get a response until two weeks later. Testing was never ordered, not even basic blood tests.
Seattle

She [Dr. Lamb] was amazing, I loved having her as my Dr. She is so easy to talk to. She is very knowledgeable and helpful. She is compassionate and optimistic and helped me understand everything that was going on.... She was very invested in a positive outcome for me, and in doing everything possible to help me get there. She was always very warm and kind. She was always very patient answering every question I had.
The staff [Pacific Northwest Fertility] is all very good, they were always kind and understanding, and executed their jobs efficiently and skillfully. They made a difficult situation as best as it could be. They were flexible and always tried to make things as easy for me as possible....Clare was exactly like Dr. Lamb, kind, compassionate, understanding, easy to talk to, answered all of my questions, and helped me figure out what I needed to to and when.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
She was amazing, I loved having her as my Dr. She is so easy to talk to. She is very knowledgeable and helpful. She is compassionate and optimistic and helped me understand everything that was going on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Clare)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The staff is all very good, they were always kind and understanding, and executed their jobs efficiently and skillfully. They made a difficult situation as best as it could be. They were flexible and always tried to make things as easy for me as possible.
I think about $25,000. $10,000 for the egg growth cycle, $5000 for retreival, and $5000 for each transfers, which I did two.

2012 - 2016, Successful
Great hours, responsive and very friendly... We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Lamb. This was a really difficult time in my life and I felt supported and respected. They walked us through each step so the process wasn't daunting at all. Dr. Lamb is caring and responsive and she has a great team. Our experience was truly wonderful and we have a beautiful little girl and another baby on the way thanks to our team at PNWF.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
I felt Dr. Lamb really got to know me. It felt like visiting a friend who happened to know how to help me conceive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nina and then Kallie )
Wonderful. Provided directions, calendars and was available by email or phone.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Great hours, responsive and very friendly.
iui with both the procedure and sperm collection/spin were about $500. Our IVF total after insurance was about $12,000. Our frozen embryo transfer after insurance was about $300.

2012 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Shahine is the most warm personable Dr. She understands how important and how hard these procedures are. She listens to you and give her honest opinion. I trust her judgements. She helped us getting our miracle baby. She will be 2 next week. I cant show enough gratitute to Dr. Shahine and her clinic.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She always answers any questions and concerns you have. She will explain risks and options. I love her! She is the best Dr. And I cant say enough good things about her!
Never hesistate to ask questions. She always appreciate your research and understanding.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The staffs are great and easy to communicate with.
2014 - 2015, Successful
Would recommend her [Dr Julie Lamb]without hesitation...I felt her approach was very data driven but balanced with a bedside manner that is very compassionate and upbeat. She was also organized and consistent. I previously saw another dr at the u of WA that seemed a bit scattered and didn't inspire confidence.
No weaknesses [at Pacific NW Fertility], everything in one location is ideal...[Nurse] Kallie was very sweet and compassionate....I felt her approach was very data driven but balanced with a bedside manner that is very compassionate and upbeat. She was also organized and consistent. I previously saw another dr at the u of WA that seemed a bit scattered and didn't inspire confidence.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Would recommend her without hesitation.
Perfect bedside manner for my needs. Supportive and positive, not overly emotional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie)
Kallie was very sweet and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
No weaknesses, everything in one location is ideal.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
Inadequate medicine ordered, causing confusion.

2012 - 2013, Successful
Absolutely amazing. She [Dr Shahine] is a true professional and clearly knows the science. She is open about what they do and don't know. She's supportive and a great listener. She also knows when to assert things and be direct....>$50,000 (4 IVF cycles and 3 IUIs)
Absolutely amazing. She [Dr Shahine at Pacific Northwest Fertility] is a true professional and clearly knows the science. She is open about what they do and don't know. She's supportive and a great listener. She also knows when to assert things and be direct....>$50,000 (4 IVF cycles and 3 IUIs)
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Absolutely amazing. She is a true professional and clearly knows the science. She is open about what they do and don't know. She's supportive and a great listener. She also knows when to assert things and be direct.
Ask her what you should do and then listen.
Professional Asked about my physical, mental and emotional health Called me at home, checked in via email Always seemed to remember what was going on in my life Encouraged me to do things to take my mind off the cycle
>$50,000 (4 IVF cycles and 3 IUIs)
2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr Shahine is extremely professional and empathetic. I truly felt she was supportive throughout the process...She was a very caring, compassionate Doctor. The only downside was that the IVF procedure failed, much to her surprise, with only 4 eggs retrieved.
Approx $21,000 for IVf cycle Approx $800 per IUI cycle...She [Dr Shahine] was a very caring, compassionate Doctor. The only downside was that the IVF procedure failed, much to her surprise, with only 4 eggs retrieved...[Pacific NW Fertility] Extremely quick, flexible appointment times.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Ask about all options and understand all potential areas for failure.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Extremely quick, flexible appointment times.
Approx $21,000 for IVf cycle Approx $800 per IUI cycle

2019 - 2020, Consult
She [Dr. Shahine] recommends transfering a single embryo since we are doing PGS testing....The first time we met she said how sorry she was that we were there because of how difficult infertility is. She also acknowledged my pain and didn't dismissed it as my previous RE had...after an MRI and how much of endometriosis is shown Dr. Shahine suggested doing IVF first in case my ovaries are damaged in surgery and do a frozen transfer after I'm healed from the surgery...She is very thorough with her explanations and is interested in making sure I understood everything and answered all my questions. She acknowledged my pain due to endometriosis and didn't try to push IVF to "cure endometriosis" like other doctors have.
They [Pacific NW Fertility] are very polite and helpful. Sometimes I feel like I have to ask questions twice because I was misunderstood but I think that might be a language barrier...Clinics in Seattle and Bellevue are in big buildings and eventhough they are not in hospital buildings it makes me insecure to go during the pandemic, even if the stay at home order gets lifted, due to the high traffic of people that there might be.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Make appointments as early as possible, she gets booked pretty fast.
I haven't started a cycle due to the pandemic. The original plan was to have surgery to excise endometriosis with another doctor and then do IVF but after an MRI and how much of endometriosis is shown Dr. Shahine suggested doing IVF first in case my ovaries are damaged in surgery and do a frozen transfer after I'm healed from the surgery.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
They are very polite and helpful. Sometimes I feel like I have to ask questions twice because I was misunderstood but I think that might be a language barrier.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I've only had a few appointments without testing but this clinic is a bit more expensive than the previous one I was at.
She recommends transfering a single embryo since we are doing PGS testing.

2020, Consult
[Dr. Stephanie Rothenberg] is so compassionate, kind, caring and she want to help you in your TTC journey. She cares about her patients and you can tell that right away when you meet her. She answers questions thoroughly so you know what to expect and she can tell if you’re unsure about something she says
Very knowledgeable Doctors at [Pacific NW Fertility]...A very warm environment and caring Nurses...you are not just a number you are a patient who gets treated with the utmost respect. They care about you and your partner...When doing the blood draw the nurse was compassionate and did an amazing job...Costs would be anywhere from $25,000-30,000
How was your experience with Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility?
Wow, what to say about Dr. Rothenberg.... too many good things! She is so compassionate, kind, caring and she want to help you in your TTC journey. She cares about her patients and you can tell that right away when you meet her. She answers questions thoroughly so you know what to expect and she can tell if you’re unsure about something she says.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility?
She may be new to the Clinic, but she comes with loads of knowledge and compassion!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility?
At PNWFC you are not just a number you are a patient who gets treated with the utmost respect. They care about you and your partner.
Describe the protocols Stephanie Rothenberg used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
N/A at this time due to Covid
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
When doing the blood draw the nurse was compassionate and did an amazing job. No bruises and was not painful.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Very knowledgeable Doctors at this clinic. A very warm environment and caring Nurses. I am so glad we switched to this clinic. They care about their patients and it shows. I felt very comfortable there and the front desk woman was so kind and polite and very helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility.
Costs would be anywhere from $25,000-30,000
Stephanie Rothenberg
Seattle

[Dr. Julie Lamb] and her staff all treated us with kindness and respect...everyone at PNWF remembered us every time we interacted...She explained her thoughts about why we were having trouble very clearly and gave us clear and realistic expectations of what to expect. I felt she was truly our ally and wanted us to succeed...did not over promise, but did give us hope...I felt truly cared for...
Dr Lamb and her staff all treated us with kindness and respect. I felt that everyone at PNWF remembered us every time we interacted. They did not over promise, but did give us hope...The clinic staff are friendly and efficient. I especially appreciated that they went over a cost breakdown very carefully with us to make sure we understood...wish we could have gotten in sooner to see our providers...scheduled out 4-6 weeks.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
She explained her thoughts about why we were having trouble very clearly and gave us clear and realistic expectations of what to expect. I felt she was truly our ally and wanted us to succeed. She did not give us hope when hope was not there. I felt truly cared for.
Trust her!
I took Letrozole for days 3-7 of my cycle then ultrasounds to monitor follicles before IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
Truly don’t have any examples of weaknesses- they always communicate very compassionately and get back to us right away.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The only thing is I wish we could have gotten in sooner to see our providers- our initial consultations with an ARNP and with Dr Lamb were scheduled out 4-6 weeks. The clinic staff are friendly and efficient. I especially appreciated that they went over a cost breakdown very carefully with us to make sure we understood.
SAs were about $30/each, HSG cost me $600. IUI runs about $1,000 per cycle if we do ultrasounds. Consultations cost about $200 each.
Seattle

Dr. Lamb speaks to you as a person and not just another patient. Her compassion and willingness to sit next to you, share the good news, share the bad news, to cry and share the truth has meant the world.... Take notes. Ask questions because sometimes the information coming from Dr. Lamb can be quickly communicated.... [Pacific NW Fertility's] Strengths - very organized, accommodating, consistent Weaknesses - Blood draw is sometimes not comfortable with some of the staff & they don't always take the next person "in line"; waiting area is small and can feel awkward; kids should not be allowed in - it's so hard being in a fertility clinic as a patient and having babies present can be such a trigger for difficult and painful feelings to surface.
She listened.
I really don't remember enough information to be able to share more.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Grey)
My primary nurse was absolutely amazing. She was clear, thorough, compassionate and consistent. I can't say anything else that could help her be better - she deserves an A+++++
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
Nothing major - just some miscommunication between myself and the front desk.
Seattle

Dr. Shahine did my egg retrieval and brought not only humor, but also a sense of calmness that really helped put me at ease before the procedure. Every appointment I’ve had with her she has been so warm and genuinely interested in me as a person, not only as a patient.... PNWF advocates strongly for single embryo transfers to bring one healthy baby home. That being said, they did offer the choice to transfer 2.
This is my second time with this clinic [PNWF- Seattle] (trying for baby #2 after a successful IVF round and FET for #1). I did notice the clinic feels overall much busier, but everyone I encountered from front desk, lab, back desk, nurses and doctors have been nothing but friendly and professional.... PNWF advocates strongly for single embryo transfers to bring one healthy baby home. That being said, they did offer the choice to transfer 2.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Go prepared with a list of your questions. Appointments can move rather quickly, but she always asks if I have questions.
Dr. Shahine is extremely personable and down to earth. She’s very easy to talk to and truly wants the best for her patients.
Clare has been fantastic to work with and responsive to emails.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This is my second time with this clinic (trying for baby #2 after a successful IVF round and FET for #1). I did notice the clinic feels overall much busier, but everyone I encountered from front desk, lab, back desk, nurses and doctors have been nothing but friendly and professional.

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Julie Lamb] always advocated for single transfers, but suggested a multiple embryo transfer for my last two embryos...is a great doctor. She tries to make uncomfortable procedures and ultrasounds quick and she makes sure to keep you positive even when shes giving you bad news...is a great advocate for her patients. She will hear you out but ins't overly sensitive...She is a realist, but her communication always comes across genuine....
The [Pacific NW Fertility] facility is nice, clean and everything you would expect. The front staff is mostly great. I have run across some individuals who aren't knowledgeable or helpful, but most of the time they are great...IUI's were around ~$1k, IVF retrieval and 1 transfer was ~$20k, each additional transfer was ~$5k...The communication between the office and the lab isn't great...
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb is a great doctor. She tries to make uncomfortable procedures and ultrasounds quick and she makes sure to keep you positive even when shes giving you bad news. During my D&C - they were having a hard time getting an IV in me because I was very dehydrated. Dr. Lamb came into the OR and held my hand under the blanket, and tried her best to comfort me. She stayed with me the whole time to make sure I didn't feel scared and alone. She truly understands the emotion behind fertility treatments and is always rooting for us.
Dr. Lamb is a great advocate for her patients. She will hear you out but ins't overly sensitive.
Dr. Lamb is very friendly. She always remembers my husband and I and remembers whats going on in our lives. She is a realist, but her communication always comes across genuine.
Started with IUI's, moved to IVF after they were unsuccessful. One egg retrieval followed by a mix of fresh and frozen transfers using both medicated and natural cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Claire)
Claire is my favorite. Shes super sweet and very knowledgeable. You can talk to her like shes your good friend - and always super helpful. Responds to my emails very quick.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
PNWF is great. The facility is nice, clean and everything you would expect. The front staff is mostly great. I have run across some individuals who aren't knowledgeable or helpful, but most of the time they are great.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific NW Fertility.
They were actually great - most of the time they had my blood drawn in the ultrasound room, which was a nice luxury. They allowed for me to get in and our of there in 15-30 min.
She always advocated for single transfers, but suggested a multiple embryo transfer for my last two embryos to eliminate the emotional heartache of another failed transfer given all my stats were normal and I was young and healthy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
The communication between the office and the lab isn't great. When I needed to schedule appts one after the other, they did not coordinate and made it difficult to do so.
Seattle

Dr. Marshall answered all our questions in a way that we understand. She is very caring and I can feel her concern for us...I pushed for a test to see why I miscarried on the 1st transfer. [she] explained how the test would really not help me but left the decision to me...[she] suggested we do a Progesterone blood test prior to my 2nd transfer and added a vaginal suppository twice a day. It worked...She is very honest with what will work for my situation and doesn't recommend tests that are just waste of time and money.
[nurses of Pacific NW Fertility] Very professional and timely in their response...they care for their patients and when they give me personal instruction, they make sure it's printed on a paper and they still respond to my emails...[clinic] They also have excellent response to COVID, only 3 patients in the lobby during my appointment...[cost]With insurance about $20,000 not including medicine but including genetic testing
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
My experience was great, I pushed for a test to see why I miscarried on the 1st transfer. Dr. Marshall explained how the test would really not help me but left the decision to me. She is very honest with what will work for my situation and doesn't recommend tests that are just waste of time and money.
List all your questions and your partner's question prior to your appointment.
Dr. Marshall answered all our questions in a way that we understand. She is very caring and I can feel her concern for us. Her team is very professional but human!
Dr. Marshall suggested we do a Progesterone blood test prior to my 2nd transfer and added a vaginal suppository twice a day. It worked! Turned out my body was not absorbing all the PIO shots and I need more help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emma and Brenna)
Very professional and timely in their response. Emily and Brenna are the best, when I send an email in the morning, I get a response in 2-3hours. I know they care for their patients and when they give me personal instruction, they make sure it's printed on a paper and they still respond to my emails.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
My husband who works for a hospital was impressed and he said PNWF is like a well-oiled-machine. They also have excellent response to COVID, only 3 patients in the lobby during my appointment, they temperature-scanned everyone that gets in.
With insurance about $20,000 not including medicine but including genetic testing. Insurance helped me pay but it did not pay for everything.
Describe Lorna Marshall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
PNWF will only transfer One embryo for a healthier pregnancy.

2016 - 2020, Successful
I was stuck on one treatment that I had in mind, but she [Dr. Lorna Marshall] helped me to see there are other paths...We started with IVF and it was a standard cycle. We used injections...After that we moved onto IUI. The first round had no injections, after that round we started injections. Each round became more refined. Dr. Marshall was very careful with medications and did not want to give too many at once, so she altered cycles as we went. The last two cycles had the injections and progesterone supplements, I believe. The 5th round was successful.
All staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] was very helpful. Our main care coordinator help keep us organized because we lived out of town. They communicated well and we were able to have successful treatment with little traveling...They have awesome financial counselors that helped provide the information before we even started...It feels very private and welcoming. Infertility is hard to deal with and the clinic helps in so many ways. I also love that they have a restroom right when you get off the elevator. Women in treatment often need that right away. The clinic was always clean and has fresh bouquets all of the time. Made the clinic very cheery.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Marshall was always open and compassionate. My husband and I really wanted a biological child. He had infertility, but through IVF there was a slight chance of success. Dr. Marshall was very honest about our odds. We did IVF, and it did not end in our favor. Dr. Marshall was very compassionate in helping us deal with our loss, and gave us other options we could look at when we were ready. There was no pressure and we felt very supported. We chose another route and now have a 2 year old we love dearly. As a patient I was taken care of and felt valued and heard.
Listen to all advice she has to offer. I was stuck on one treatment that I had in mind, but she helped me to see there are other paths. Thanks to Dr. Marshall we now have a family we always wanted.
Dr. Marshall always made time to speak with us and help us through this difficult time. She also made sure all our visits were thorough because we were traveling from 3 hours away, she tried to save us unnecessary return trips.
We started with IVF and it was a standard cycle. We used injections. I do not recall more than that. After that we moved onto IUI. The first round had no injections, after that round we started injections. Each round became more refined. Dr. Marshall was very careful with medications and did not want to give too many at once, so she altered cycles as we went. The last two cycles had the injections and progesterone supplements, I believe. The 5th round was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette Sharman)
All staff was very helpful. Our main care coordinator help keep us organized because we lived out of town. They communicated well and we were able to have successful treatment with little traveling.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Pacific Northwest Fertility is in a great location. It feels very private and welcoming. Infertility is hard to deal with and the clinic helps in so many ways. I also love that they have a restroom right when you get off the elevator. Women in treatment often need that right away. The clinic was always clean and has fresh bouquets all of the time. Made the clinic very cheery.
I honestly don't remember the details. They have awesome financial counselors that helped provide the information before we even started.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
There was only one instance where a fax was lodged under paperwork. We live out of town and had blood work done locally. When the fax went through it got stuck to another paper. It was an honest mistake and our results were only delayed from a late afternoon to the next morning. We totally understood, but I wanted to be honest in this response. All tests and blood work done in the clinic had no issues. It was our circumstance of living 3 hours away.