9.7

Issaquah, WA 98029
1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
3 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Marshall was always very calm and clear about next steps. This was helpful because there is a lot going on and a lot to remember. She always made herself avail and I felt like we had her full attention and care, even though I imagine she seems many patients...I did three rounds of retrievals and from what I understand it was the standard cycle for all three. I don't remember adjusting anything to get different results. There was a time at the end when the progesterone shots were really painful, so Yvette recommended lidocaine patches and they helped numb my butt.
Yvette [nurse at Pacific NW Fertility] is an angel! I am forever grateful for Yvette and Dr. Marshall for their care. I appreciated the check in emails and calls with each procedure, and really felt like I was their only patient...I haven't' been to other clinics so i don't know how else it's different, but I thought the clinic was set up and easy to work with. They also always called back promptly, which was nice. Billing was easy to work with as well and always avail with an open door for questions.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Meet with her first. If you like her, go with her. i would absolutely recommend it. If not, then move onto someone else. The treatment and relationship is something you need to have full confidence in from day 1.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Marshall and her team of nurses, including Yvette, made sure to check in during appts even when it was routine and not necessary for them to touch base. However, they made sure they popped in to say hello and offer encouragement along the way. It's the little things that really count!
Describe the protocols Lorna Marshall used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette, and then Emily and Brenna)
Yvette is an angel! I am forever grateful for Yvette and Dr. Marshall for their care. I appreciated the check in emails and calls with each procedure, and really felt like I was their only patient. That's how good their communication is with their patients! Also when I needed some adjustments with needle size as well as pain management, they were quick to help.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility.
I think it was about $10-15k per egg retrieval cycle, just for the appts (not including medications). I was fortunate to have Livestrong and Walgreens sponsor my medications because the reason for the retrieval was a cancer diagnosis. I also pay $400 for embryo storage.
Describe Lorna Marshall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
Because we had run PGS on the embryos and knew they were viable, the recommendation was to transfer only one since it had a better chance of taking.
Lorna Marshall
Seattle

She [Dr. Marshall] is clear in explaining her process, but there is little room for a patient to work with her on your plan of care. She is also quite defensive when questions are asked, as if she is offended. Overall, I felt pretty disheartened by our meeting together. ... She has obviously been working in the field for a long time. Our consultation was clear and direct, but when I ask any clarifying questions she appeared defensive, like it wasn't my job to speak up and ask questions.
It [Pacific NW Fertility] is a top notch clinic, with great outcomes. It was always clean and professional. It was also extremely expensive. Sometimes it was hard to figure out the chain of communication and hard to get a direct line to anyone. ... Chelsea was amazing. She has a great way of explaining options and including a personal communication style with research. We stayed at the clinic for her services and were sad to leave her when we transferred care.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
She is clear in explaining her process, but there is little room for a patient to work with her on your plan of care. She is also quite defensive when questions are asked, as if she is offended. Overall, I felt pretty disheartened by our meeting together.
If you want to just have someone take the wheel, this is your doctor. If you want to explore options with a doctor, she is probably not the best fit. However, her nurses are incredible and you won't see her much, so it could be a good fit for some folx.
We did a consultation for IVF and she managed our IUI inseminations using Letrozole. She planned our IVF cycle with only PGS testing embryos. The clinic does not do, as far as I can tell, any fresh transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea Reed)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
It is a top notch clinic, with great outcomes. It was always clean and professional. It was also extremely expensive. Sometimes it was hard to figure out the chain of communication and hard to get a direct line to anyone.
It was about $300 for an IVF consultation, however IVF for one retrieval was quoted at just over 30K, with no discounts for self-pay clients. They also looked flabbergasted when we asked for an LGBTQ grants.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
For some reason only part of my medical record was sent to the new clinic when we changed providers.
Lorna Marshall

2019, Consult
She [Dr. Shahine] is happy to talk through any questions or concerns you may have...She took the time to get to know us--why we moved to Seattle, what we do for work, etc. She was approachable, friendly, and authentic. Also, when we saw her at the Footsteps for Fertility 5K the next day, she ran over and gave us big hugs. It's clear she truly cares about her patients... During our consultation appointment, we felt as though she met us where we were, explained our options thoroughly, and gave us hope that IVF could work for us. She exceeded all expectations, and we're looking forward to starting this process with her.
They [Pacific NW Fertility] are organized, friendly, and professional. I will say that I haven't had a ton of appointments yet, so I don't have much to critique. My only interactions that haven't been totally positive have been with some front desk staff that seemed a little confused, but I mostly think it's because I've interfaced with some new folks...She [nurse] was very real with me about my previous AMH score and diagnosis. She let me know that they needed to test to see whether IVF would be the right path for me, because some with DOR won't get good results. Given my new AMH (it went up by quite a bit), the other blood tests, and my ultrasound, I received positive encouragement. But I believe the nurse and doctor would have directed me to another path if they thought I wasn't a good candidate for IVF.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
We're just starting to work with Dr. Shahine. During our consultation appointment, we felt as though she met us where we were, explained our options thoroughly, and gave us hope that IVF could work for us. She exceeded all expectations, and we're looking forward to starting this process with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Come with questions. She is happy to talk through any questions or concerns you may have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She was very real with me about my previous AMH score and diagnosis. She let me know that they needed to test to see whether IVF would be the right path for me, because some with DOR won't get good results. Given my new AMH (it went up by quite a bit), the other blood tests, and my ultrasound, I received positive encouragement. But I believe the nurse and doctor would have directed me to another path if they thought I wasn't a good candidate for IVF.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They are organized, friendly, and professional. I will say that I haven't had a ton of appointments yet, so I don't have much to critique. My only interactions that haven't been totally positive have been with some front desk staff that seemed a little confused, but I mostly think it's because I've interfaced with some new folks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility.
We are just getting started. I will say that I was impressed that some of the tests were covered by insurance. I thought all fertility work was not covered, but they were able to keep our costs down for testing. However, I know we're about to spend a huge chunk of change on our first round of IVF. Dr. Shahine gave us options to apply for grants, but other than that, we're going to be stuck with a very significant bill.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Lamb has clear strategies for treatment, and navigates the often emotional roller coaster of fertility treatments with care and support. We have done several IUIs and meet at various intervals with her to discuss next steps. She is always encouraging and positive, helping keep our spirits up while being clear about the areas for growth. We feel so lucky to have met her and the whole PNWF team!
We have loved PNWF and have had a great experience. From the front desk staff, to the nurses and doctors, everyone is supportive and on top of all the details. It can be hard to get in as a new patient, so I recommend getting on the waitlist if you’re wanting to be seen sooner than 3 months out.... I cannot day enough positive things about working with Michelle! She is detailed, kind, supportive, and goes above and beyond to support her patients. She is a powerful support for Team Lamb!
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
It can be hard to get an appointment, as she books several months out- get on the waitlist and you may get squeezed in earlier!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb is personable, kind, knowledgeable, and tailors her approach to each patient. She is warm and clear, giving encouragement and support in a data-driven, personable way.
Describe the protocols Julie Lamb used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
We have done 5 IUIs, resulting in 1 biochemical pregnancy, one ectopic pregnancy, and three negative pregnancy tests. Each cycle was unique and different, varying the doses of Letrazole tablets or Folustim injections, and combined with a trigger shot to find the perfect combination.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility.
$3500 for 5 IUIs plus medication
What specific things went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
With a nursing switchover, some information was lost in transition.
Julie Lamb
Seattle

Dr. Broughton is always warm and friendly at appointments, but she senses if you are feeling worried or upset and is sympathetic.... Since we just have one embryo, Dr. Broughton recommended an ERA test (mock transfer cycle where a biopsy of the uterine lining is done) before we move forward with the actual FET.... Don't expect to see her at every appointment. I was also surprised that she was not the doctor that performed my egg retrieval.
I've been with the clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] for about 2 years now (sigh) and have been pleased with the service. I feel like everyone is doing all they can to help you. I've heard this clinic is on the expensive side, but it is convenient to my work... Everyone on the nursing team was friendly and in a way more helpful than the doctors since they are the ones teaching you how to administer meds, scheduling, etc.
How was your experience with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
I began seeing Dr. Broughton after Dr. Swelstad left the clinic (I liked him too and sad that he left). This was during my treatment after failed IUIs and we were ready to start considering IVF as the next step. My first impression was she was very warm and cheerful and seemed genuine. (I've had other doctors that have a robotic/fake friendly personality and this was not the case with Dr. Broughton). Although, I liked Dr. Swelstad (male), I felt I could be more open with Dr. Broughton. I haven't felt pressured to do any of the various treatment options and she always takes time to answer questions. For example, when my husband and I were trying to decide if we wanted to do ICSI vs. traditional IVF, she was clear about the probable outcome but didn't push one way or the other in our case. I am still in treatment with Dr. Broughton (awaiting FET).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
Don't expect to see her at every appointment. I was also surprised that she was not the doctor that performed my egg retrieval. I was not bothered by this, but some might. Personally, I thought it was interesting to see what the other doctors at the clinic were like.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the protocols Darcy Broughton used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
I have unexplained infertility so I assume I'm on the standard IVF protocol. During my stim cycle (for egg retrieval), things were moving along on the slower side. About halfway through, she decided to increase Follistim to the highest dosage (450) and I continued stimulation for 14 days (longer than average). I did end up getting 20 eggs, but the process ended with only one embryo suitable for transfer. Dr. Broughton recommended another round of IVF to try for more embryos, and although this I what I would like to do, I cannot afford that option. Since we just have one embryo, Dr. Broughton recommended an ERA test (mock transfer cycle where a biopsy of the uterine lining is done) before we move forward with the actual FET. We are about to begin the ERA cycle in the next week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber and Linda)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
My OB/GYN recommended this clinic, so I didn't do any research before choosing PNWF. Also, since I didn't have a particular doctor I wanted to see, I got in for a first appointment fairly quick. I've been with the clinic for about 2 years now (sigh) and have been pleased with the service. I feel like everyone is doing all they can to help you. I've heard this clinic is on the expensive side, but it is convenient to my work (which is extremely helpful when you have tons of appointments) and I'm happy I decided to go to PNWF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility.
In my situation, I've had to pay about 95% out of pocket. A small portion of some of the various tests were covered by my insurance. An IUI is about $400, not including meds (I think I spent about $500 per cycle on meds). One cycle of IVF is about 19k and genetic testing on the embryos is about 4k. This does not include medications for the IVF cycle, which were about 6k. The FET is about 5k, with about $500 in medications. Considering all these treatments, plus the various tests, I would say I've easily spent 30k, and I haven't even had a transfer yet.
Describe Darcy Broughton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
We only have one embryo so this is not applicable.
Darcy Broughton

2020, Unknown Success
Investment Banker
Dr. Shahine is a very caring physician. She was always fully present, very engaged, and very kind. I appreciate the time she spent getting to know about our case and making her commentary fit for how we liked to hear it...I do not feel my protocol was incredibly particular to me; it felt it was more a typical routine at this point...
[nurse of Pacific NW Fertility] So patient, so kind, so ready to answer any question at any time...Strengths are it’s all inclusive nature: there’s a financial counselor to answer your questions, an on-site lab and surgery suite, and the amazing team of nurses...Results were 16 eggs, 13 mature eggs, 10 fertilized eggs, 6 blastocysts, only 1.5 normal eggs
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Just be prepared to not always see Dr. Shahine. The clinic practices as a team, so you may need to have an appointment on a day when your dr isn’t in clinic.
Through the care team approach you receive at PNW Fertility, you are given so much personalized attention and support, largely courtesy of the team of nurses. The doctors also are there to answer any question at your appt and ensure you understand.
Describe the protocols Lora Shahine used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
I do not feel my protocol was incredibly particular to me; it felt it was more a typical routine at this point. Bcp for about two weeks, followed by Menopur and Follistim, then a Ganirelix trigger shot. Results were 16 eggs, 13 mature eggs, 10 fertilized eggs, 6 blastocysts, only 1.5 normal eggs. Some things the treatment cannot fix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle, Ketner, Amanda)
The nursing team is the very best part of PNW Fertility. They are AMAZING. So patient, so kind, so ready to answer any question at any time. They’re the best.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Strengths are it’s all inclusive nature: there’s a financial counselor to answer your questions, an on-site lab and surgery suite, and the amazing team of nurses. I really cannot say there’s a negative.
All in, for PGT-A and drugs, approximately $35k
Seattle
[Dr. Lora Shahine is a] Strong communicator, compassionate and understanding while also not beating around the bush. Only disappointing thing was BMI cutoffs for egg retrieval, BMI is not a reliable indicator for health so not happy that the clinic uses a BMI cut off for any health decisions... Had many personal interactions with Dr Shahine and her staff, especially during my second miscarriage.
It’s Hard to get in [at Pacific NW Fertility- Seattle]. The Docs are busy and scheduled out. I had to wait several months after my initial appt to have a follow-up. The have an In-house lab, which makes lab work easy and you get very fast results.... Had many personal interactions with Dr Shahine and her staff, especially during my second miscarriage... Book early. It will probably take a couple months to get in
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Book early. It will probably take a couple months to get in
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
It’s Hard to get in. The Docs are busy and scheduled out. I had to wait several months after my initial appt to have a follow-up. The have an In-house lab, which makes lab work easy and you get very fast results.
So far my insurance has covered my appts but they will not cover treatment. I expect IUIs will be about 2K per month