Bellevue
Issaquah, WA 98029
1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104
206.515.0000

We saw Dr. Marshall for a second opinion IVF appointment which I expected would be fairly perfunctory. I couldn't have been more wrong. Dr. Marshall had gone through our large stack of medical records (we had done 2 unsuccessful cycles at another clinic) and had detailed notes on exactly what she would recommend, and provided thoughtful answers to all our questions. She has been incredibly supportive and caring through this process (which is still underway) and you can tell she genuinely rooting for us...continues to do everything she can to support patients like me who are really challenging. She hasn't forced donors eggs on us and she's supportive of going forward with additional IVF cycles.
Brenna is a fantastic IVF coordinator [at Pacific NW Fertility]. She quickly responds to my emails and phone calls and provides detailed information...overall has been a great clinic. We did our ultrasounds/monitoring in Bellevue because it was more convenient and the procedures in Seattle. The quality of the staff is equal at both locations and we met with different doctors and nurses during the monitoring phase and everyone was wonderful. I especially appreciate the egg retrieval set up because each PNWF patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic, all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of previous retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Before meeting with Dr. Marshall, we had two very disappointing IVF cycles at a previous clinic. I'm 36 years-old with diminished ovarian reserves and in the previous two cycles I had retrieve 4 eggs (1 fertilized) and 2 eggs (0 fertilized). I felt like a total failure after the 2nd IVF cycle so I decided to reach out for a second opinion and selected Dr. Marshall based on some of the Fertility IQ reviews about diminished ovarian reserve. We met with Dr. Marshall and it was night and day from our previous clinic. In our one-hour consultation she arrived with detailed notes on our medical history and jumped right in with new protocol recommendation. I mentioned to her that my previous clinic never technically categorized me as diminished ovarian reserve. Her response, "Really? Of course, you have diminished ovarian reserves and there are very successful treatment protocols that we've developed. We just need to adjust your treatment plan." This interaction made me feel so good just to know that there was a path forward. Dr. Marshall answered all our questions thoughtfully and backed up her suggestions with clinical research findings. My husband and I knew after that first meeting that we had to switch to Dr. Marshall and we were grateful that she would consider taking our case given the challenge and likelihood that it might lower the clinic's success statistics. Fast forward to our first IVF cycle with Dr. Marshall, she had me on an estrogen lead in protocol to suppress the lead follicles. I also Clomid for five days, immediately began to stimulate with 450IU Gonal F and mini-HCG after my day 3 suppression check. We went from retrieving 3 eggs in my last cycle, to getting 10 eggs! Of the 10 eggs, 4 fertilized and 2 grew to a blastocyst which is the farthest we had gotten. Unfortunately, both blastocysts were abnormal but upon reflection I'm so grateful to have used PGT-A to avoid wasting time and money on blastocyst that would not result in a viable egg. Overall, we're still a challenging case and I can't say we have a happy ending yet. However, Dr. Marshall has and continues to do everything she can to support patients like me who are really challenging. She hasn't forced donors eggs on us and she's supportive of going forward with additional IVF cycles.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
If you have questions always ask Dr. Marshall, she really wants to make sure patients have all the information they need to understand the options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the protocols Lorna Marshall used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
2mg estrogen lead in. Day 3 stimulation with Clomid 100mg, Gonal F 450IU, mini-HCG 20 units. Stimulated for 12 days (which is 5 days longer than my previous cycle). Added in Cetrotide at some point, but I forget when.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Brenna )
Brenna is a fantastic IVF coordinator. She quickly responds to my emails and phone calls and provides detailed information.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Pacific NW Fertility overall has been a great clinic. We did our ultrasounds/monitoring in Bellevue because it was more convenient and the procedures in Seattle. The quality of the staff is equal at both locations and we met with different doctors and nurses during the monitoring phase and everyone was wonderful. I especially appreciate the egg retrieval set up because each PNWF patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic, all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of previous retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility.
Not sure because insurance hasn't billed us yet.
Seattle

We saw Dr. Marshall for a second opinion IVF appointment which I expected would be fairly perfunctory. I couldn't have been more wrong. Dr. Marshall had gone through our large stack of medical records and had detailed notes on exactly what she would recommend and provided thoughtful answers to all our questions. She has been incredibly supportive and caring throughout this process (which is still underway) and you can tell she is genuinely rooting for us...I mentioned to her that my previous clinic never technically categorized me as diminished ovarian reserve. Her response, "Really? Of course, you have diminished ovarian reserves and there are very successful treatment protocols that we've developed. We just need to adjust your treatment plan."
Brenna [at Pacific NW Fertility] is a fantastic IVF coordinator. She quickly responds to my emails and phone calls and provides detailed information...IVF including meds, ICSI and PGS $22,000...I especially appreciate the egg retrieval set up because each PNWF patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic, all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of previous retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Before meeting with Dr. Marshall, we had two very disappointing IVF cycles at a previous clinic. I'm 36 years-old with diminished ovarian reserves and in the previous two cycles I had retrieved 4 eggs (1 fertilized) and 2 eggs (0 fertilized). I felt like a total failure after the 2nd IVF cycle so I decided to reach out for a second opinion and selected Dr. Marshall based on some of the FertilityIQ reviews about diminished ovarian reserve. We met with Dr. Marshall and it was night and day from our previous clinic. In our one-hour consultation she arrived with detailed notes on our medical history and jumped right in with new protocol recommendations. I mentioned to her that my previous clinic never technically categorized me as diminished ovarian reserve. Her response, "Really? Of course, you have diminished ovarian reserves and there are very successful treatment protocols that we've developed. We just need to adjust your treatment plan." This interaction made me feel so good just to know that there was a path forward. Dr. Marshall answered all our questions thoughtfully and backed up her suggestions with clinical research findings. My husband and I knew after that first meeting that we had to switch to Dr. Marshall and we were grateful that she would consider taking our case given the challenge and likelihood that it might lower the clinic's success statistics. Fast forward to our first IVF cycle with Dr. Marshall, she had me on an estrogen lead in protocol to suppress the lead follicles. I took Clomid for five days, immediately began stimulation with 450IU Gonal F and mini-HCG after my day 3 suppression check. We went from retrieving 3 eggs in my last cycle to getting 10 eggs! Of the 10 eggs, 4 fertilized and 2 grew to a blastocyst which is the farthest we had gotten. Unfortunately, both blastocysts were abnormal but upon reflection I'm so grateful to have used PGT-A to avoid wasting time and money on blastocyst that would not result in a viable pregnancy. Overall, we're still a challenging case and I can't say we have a happy ending yet. However, Dr. Marshall has and continues to do everything she can to support patients like me who are really challenging. She hasn't forced donors eggs on us and she's supportive of going forward with additional IVF cycles.
If you have questions always ask Dr. Marshall, she really wants to make sure patients have all the information they need to understand their options.
Lead in with 2mg estrogen 2x daily. Day 3 stimulation with Clomid 100mg, Gonal F 450IU, mini-HCG 20 units. Stimulated for 12 days (which is 5 days longer than my previous cycle). Added in Cetrotide at some point, but I forget when.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Pacific NW Fertility overall has been a great clinic. We completed ultrasounds/monitoring in Bellevue because it was more convenient and had all surgical procedures in Seattle. The quality of the staff is equal at both locations and we met with different doctors and nurses during the monitoring phase and everyone was wonderful. I especially appreciate the egg retrieval process at PNWF because each patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of other retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience. I especially appreciate the egg retrieval set up because each PNWF patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic, all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of previous retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience.
IVF including meds, ICSI and PGS $22,000
Seattle

She [Dr. Marshall] had more thoroughly reviewed our file and had a more in depth conversation with us about our situation than our medical team at our previous clinic...we have seen Dr. Marshall throughout the entire cycle...suggested a completely different protocol and the results were dramatically different compared to our previous 2 cycles (round 1: 4 embryos - all abnormal, round 2: 2 embryos - all abnormal, moved to Dr. Marshall, round 3: 11 embryos, 2 normal). (I have a genetic condition that results in a small % of normal embryos) Beyond the outcome, the experience felt different - from her proactive communication, to her kind and thorough bedside manner, to the fact that even though she didn't do the retrieval surgery, she popped in right after to check on us - it felt like she was on our side and we were on the s
Brenna and Emily [nurses at Pacific NW Fertility] were absolutely incredible. They were caring, proactive, detail oriented and incredibly skilled...The medical staff has been helpful in tailoring our plan to use leftover medications from previous cycles. The finance department is quick to answer with any questions (e.g. how much will this count towards our insurance cap?)...They are incredibly organized and proactive - whether it is the fact that every time I go for monitoring they are able to take my blood early, to the fact that the finance team remembers my name and my situation - they are fantastic.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
We absolutely love Dr. Marshall. We came to her from SRM to get a second opinion because it felt like we were trying the same protocol over and over again with no results. When we walked out of that meeting, my husband looked at me and said 'I don't care if the results are different, she makes me feel calm and actually cared for." We switched immediately after. Dr. Marshall suggested a completely different protocol and the results were dramatically different compared to our previous 2 cycles (round 1: 4 embryos - all abnormal, round 2: 2 embryos - all abnormal, moved to Dr. Marshall, round 3: 11 embryos, 2 normal). (I have a genetic condition that results in a small % of normal embryos) Beyond the outcome, the experience felt different - from her proactive communication, to her kind and thorough bedside manner, to the fact that even though she didn't do the retrieval surgery, she popped in right after to check on us - it felt like she was on our side and we were on the same team throughout the entire process. We are doing a 4th round to get a few more embryos and I feel completely confident in Dr. Marshall. Finding her has been a game changer in reducing the anxiety and stress of this entire experience, while also giving us a better outcome.
Ask her for a second opinion if you are thinking of moving to her from another clinic. She had more thoroughly reviewed our file and had a more in depth conversation with us about our situation than our medical team at our previous clinic.
Coming to PNW from SRM and working with Dr. Marshall was a complete game changer when it came to results (2 unsuccessful rounds at SRM, 1 successful round at PNW) as well as when it came to quality and type of care. For this first time in months, we felt like we had hope - we were asked questions about what we wanted, we were told what was going on at each stage and we were treated like we mattered. At SRM, we never saw our Doctor during the cycle - all appointments were with different technicians. At PNW we have seen Dr. Marshall throughout the entire cycle and the nurses have been responsive, pro-active and caring.
The stimulation portion of our IVF treatment plan included 450 IU of Gonal-F, 20 IU mini HCG, and 250 mcg Ganirelix. For the trigger, we used a dual trigger (Lupron and HCG). We have yet to do an embryo transfer since we'd like to bank a few more first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily and Brenna)
Brenna and Emily were absolutely incredible. They were caring, proactive, detail oriented and incredibly skilled. A few examples: when we ordered our medications they knew which pharmacies had which medications available and which had the lowest prices; they had us come in a day early for monitoring given the high dose of medications we were on; they answered the 3000 questions we had when we transferred from our old clinic; they genuinely seems invested in the outcomes and shared out joy with the results; they were diligent in checking on us post-retrieval; every time we debriefed with them after monitoring they were thorough and kind; all of our emails were answered within a day - we have never waited (whether in person or via email) - they are incredibly responsive.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
PNW has been fantastic. They are incredibly organized and proactive - whether it is the fact that every time I go for monitoring they are able to take my blood early, to the fact that the finance team remembers my name and my situation - they are fantastic.
We're fortunate to have insurance cover a large portion of the bill. Our coverage is capped, so we still have reason to keep costs down. The medical staff has been helpful in tailoring our plan to use leftover medications from previous cycles. The finance department is quick to answer with any questions (e.g. how much will this count towards our insurance cap?). They have proactively gotten pre-authorizations from our insurance company without us asking or being involved. At SRM, we had to call daily to ask them to submit the pre-auth and then follow up daily to make sure progress was being made, so this was a very welcome change.
Describe Lorna Marshall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
We indicated our preference to transfer one embryo at a time and Dr. Marshall agreed.
Seattle

She [Dr. Shahine] was very kind and helpful, from initial meeting she was looking out for our best interests and fully explained the process we were about to embark on. Her team always got back to me promptly and created safe plan of actions with her...Nurses on site perform the actual IUI and her staff consults her after blood word and relays into to me....
They [Pacific NW Fertility] are organized, on time, helpful, communicative & supportive...Each appointment, procedure and test has a cost. For IUI, each ultrasound was $190 (usually 3 per cycle so $570) + blood work. Medication like letrezole was covered by insurance but HCG shots were $150 each month. Each IUI was $282 so each month it was ~ $1,050. Now as we prepare for IVF, there is blood work required, medications and we dont have the individual cost but were told its starts at $25k and to estimate more for things like genetic testing.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She was very kind and helpful, from initial meeting she was looking out for our best interests and fully explained the process we were about to embark on. Her team always got back to me promptly and created safe plan of actions with her. I would recommend Dr Shahine to friends/ family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Ask questions! Have a list of questions for your first appointment and don’t be afraid to follow up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
We met with her once in person and once over video conference (due to corona virus) and she is very friendly, thoughtful & helpful. Nurses on site perform the actual IUI and her staff consults her after blood word and relays into to me.
Describe the protocols Lora Shahine used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
I initially did bloodwork and the HSG grate and then started with medicated cycles and IUI. I took letrezole in the beginning plus the HCG trigger shot before ovulation. after a few months and one anovulation cycle later we doubled the dose. The last month I did IUI, I was on letrezole beginning of my cycle, took the HCG trigger shot and also started progesterone after ovulation. I got a positive pregnancy test and then with blood work a few times after, my levels were declining. We did multiple blood draws over the next month to track this pregnancy to 0 HCG. This was the last IUI before IVF. Now with the clinics closed due to coronavirus, we wait 😌
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Her nursing team is very caring and friendly.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Overall I have been very impressed. They are organized, on time, helpful, communicative & supportive. There are so many people that come through their doors and they clearly have an organized method to the madness.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe Lora Shahine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
It’s very situational but from what i have learned a he believes in single embryo transfer for healthy women under 35. It’s situational but i have a few other friends who have seen her and she also recommended single embryo transfer. Doesn’t want to risk multiple embryos if you only have a few good ones.

2020, Unsuccessful
They [nurses at Pacific NW Fertility] were polite and kind, but mistakes were made...They didn't response my email in time, even when I was bleeding after transfer and I was doubting about chemical pregnancy, they told me that bleeding was normal, and told me to contact them when I saw tissue came out. I wrote to them about seeing the tissue, and they didn't answer my email anymore. Maybe I interrupted them. Finally I had a chemical pregnancy, they called me to tell me to schedule a new cycle!!!!
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She was kind, but she didn't care from deep, maybe it's just for us. she told us she didn't know the reason, why blood test were all good, we just failed our 2 cycle. First cycle, 14 eggs retrieval,6 matured, with ICSI with 6 fertilized. 1 normal. she said maybe it was a little bit late for the last trigger. Ok, next cycle, 17 eggs retrieval, 9 matured, with ICSI, 4 were fertilized! 50% failed, and none of them were normal. why ?? she didn't know! just told us unfortunately. excuse me, are you kidding me???
Maybe she and her team will take care of you if you were native or not asian people.
Dr. Shahine was kind and warm, she spoke very gently and smiled a lot, she made me not so nervous during every time. But actually my family and I, we didn't think that she cared about us, during the 2 cycle, I didn't get any phone calls from her, and she didn't give us the exact reason that why with normal results (as her assistance words, "perfect results")EVERYTIME blood test, we just 1 normal blast of the 5 day, I had 31 eggs retrieval. She didn't care, and the same with her team. I didn't know it's because our response, we really gave a lots of patience to them, they didn't give us any reasonable explanation. just saying, we're sorry, we don't know bla bla bla...it's regretful and disappointed.
2 cycles. 1: 14eggs, 6 matured, 2 for the 5 day, 1 normal. ----transfer, chemical pregnancy, her assistant said that bleeding was normal, and didn't response my email. 2: 17 eggs, 9 matured, 1 for the 5 day. None. We didn't see any report for the updates of embryos or blasts, just their phone call, we didn't know what was going on for the 3 days, or 5 days. Nothing, Nothing was reported.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer)
They were polite and kind, but mistakes were made, and also, they didn't care about us at all. They didn't response my email in time, even when I was bleeding after transfer and I was doubting about chemical pregnancy, they told me that bleeding was normal, and told me to contact them when I saw tissue came out. I wrote to them about seeing the tissue, and they didn't answer my email anymore. Maybe I interrupted them. Finally I had a chemical pregnancy, they called me to tell me to schedule a new cycle!!!!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Go for another doctor who cares about you and your treatment, and who would do the egg retrieval by herself to you. The clinic was good, I was done a polyp operation there, the nurse took good care of me.
50k+ for 2 cycles of IVF and a polyp remove operation
single transfer

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Rothenberg patiently listens and then gives you science. She helps keep you rational...With Dr. Rothenberg and her team I always felt taken care of. I have recurrent pregnancy loss so their professionalism and empathy was really critical for my emotional well-being during treatment. They were exceptionally good with communication about my situation...Dr. Rothenberg entertained every question I could possibly think of and for every scenario
This is a top notch operation [Pacific NW Fertility]...Don’t underestimate how important communication and the simple act of answering the phone is. Other clinics might call you back after almost always having to leave messages, days later. PNWF will actually pick up the phone...Complete transparency and communication from everyone
How was your experience with Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility?
She isn’t a bulls$&77er about what’s happening or treatment which I really appreciate. Infertility can lead you down some dark places and through many rabbit holes of things people swear worked for them and their miracle babies. Dr. Rothenberg patiently listens and then gives you science. She helps keep you rational.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility?
Research, ask questions, be your own advocate, but listen to your doctor. She gives great information and feedback but you have to ask the questions. Dr. Rothenberg entertained every question I could possibly think of and for every scenario.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the protocols Stephanie Rothenberg used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Initially everything was on the table for us because our labs came back fine. We elected to do IUI with Letrozole and the HcG trigger shot. We could have started with IVF but decided why use dynamite when a sparkler might work? We were successful, but miscarried.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Team Rothenberg )
My comments for Dr. Rothenberg apply to the nursing staff as well. Complete transparency and communication from everyone.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This is a top notch operation. I’ve since moved to Indiana and every clinic here is a disappointment in comparison. Don’t underestimate how important communication and the simple act of answering the phone is. Other clinics might call you back after almost always having to leave messages, days later. PNWF will actually pick up the phone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Rothenberg at Pacific NW Fertility.
IUIs are, in total, about $900, and meds are $140.
Stephanie Rothenberg
Seattle

[Dr. Darcy Broughton] appears to be the one who works with LGBT folks the most, which was nice for us... is an incredibly kind and warm doctor who made us feel very accepted and safe...kept us well aware of where we stood in the process and helped us to understand our chances of success. She was very concerned about side effects of the medication and checked in me frequently...
I think all of the doctors at PNWF are lovely, but Dr. Broughton appears to be the one who works with LGBT folks the most, which was nice for us...[nurses] were super accessible by email and phone. I also saw one of them at the end of every appointment during the ovarian stimulation...each blood draw during the ovarian stimulation was $115. The IVF total was about $23,000, PGTA testing was another $3,500. Each IUI was $376. We ordered our medication from outside pharmacies.
How was your experience with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Boughton kept us well aware of where we stood in the process and helped us to understand our chances of success. She was very concerned about side effects of the medication and checked in me frequently.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Broughton is an incredibly kind and warm doctor who made us feel very accepted and safe.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber and Catherine)
Amber and Catherine comprise Dr. Broughton's team and they were super accessible by email and phone. I also saw one of them at the end of every appointment during the ovarian stimulation.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
PNWF was recommended to us by our GP. This is one of the most organized and efficient clinics I have ever been to. Oftentimes I was in and out of the office <15min. They are always on time, if not early, and the financial person was always around in case you needed to talk about bills/payments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility.
Our insurance did not cover anything, so each blood draw during the ovarian stimulation was $115. The IVF total was about $23,000, PGTA testing was another $3,500. Each IUI was $376. We ordered our medication from outside pharmacies.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
I had to come in a second time for a blood test that was left out of the initial blood draw.
Seattle

Dr Marshall is extremely experienced in her field...She reviewed my past miscarriages and previous failed IVF and tailored a treatment and cycle to me. She asked personal questions about me and listened...She is very well spoken and communicated all of the possible Options in a way that was easy to understand. I trusted her expertise and treatment plan. She was honest and direct about expectations. I saw her almost every time I was in the clinic....
The nursing staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] Emily and Brenna are the best nurses I have ever worked with in any doctors office. They were extremely responsive. They were kind and compassionate. They were skilled and knowledgeable...It was always easy to get an appointment. the waiting room is never full meaning you dont wait long. They are very safe with COVID. All of the staff is helpful. The parking lot is very full usually so get there early....
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Marshall is extremely experienced in her field. She is very well spoken and communicated all of the possible Options in a way that was easy to understand. I trusted her expertise and treatment plan. She was honest and direct about expectations. I saw her almost every time I was in the clinic. This doctor, this woman changed my entire life.
Do whatever she tells you to do.
Dr. Marshall and her staff communicated clearly and often. She reviewed my past miscarriages and previous failed IVF and tailored a treatment and cycle to me. She asked personal questions about me and listened.
The nursing staff Emily and Brenna are the best nurses I have ever worked with in any doctors office. They were extremely responsive. They were kind and compassionate. They were skilled and knowledgeable.
Insurance paid

2019 - 2020, Consult
She [Dr. Shahine] recommends transfering a single embryo since we are doing PGS testing....The first time we met she said how sorry she was that we were there because of how difficult infertility is. She also acknowledged my pain and didn't dismissed it as my previous RE had...after an MRI and how much of endometriosis is shown Dr. Shahine suggested doing IVF first in case my ovaries are damaged in surgery and do a frozen transfer after I'm healed from the surgery...She is very thorough with her explanations and is interested in making sure I understood everything and answered all my questions. She acknowledged my pain due to endometriosis and didn't try to push IVF to "cure endometriosis" like other doctors have.
They [Pacific NW Fertility] are very polite and helpful. Sometimes I feel like I have to ask questions twice because I was misunderstood but I think that might be a language barrier...Clinics in Seattle and Bellevue are in big buildings and eventhough they are not in hospital buildings it makes me insecure to go during the pandemic, even if the stay at home order gets lifted, due to the high traffic of people that there might be.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Make appointments as early as possible, she gets booked pretty fast.
I haven't started a cycle due to the pandemic. The original plan was to have surgery to excise endometriosis with another doctor and then do IVF but after an MRI and how much of endometriosis is shown Dr. Shahine suggested doing IVF first in case my ovaries are damaged in surgery and do a frozen transfer after I'm healed from the surgery.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
They are very polite and helpful. Sometimes I feel like I have to ask questions twice because I was misunderstood but I think that might be a language barrier.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I've only had a few appointments without testing but this clinic is a bit more expensive than the previous one I was at.
She recommends transfering a single embryo since we are doing PGS testing.

2016 - 2020, Successful
I was stuck on one treatment that I had in mind, but she [Dr. Lorna Marshall] helped me to see there are other paths...We started with IVF and it was a standard cycle. We used injections...After that we moved onto IUI. The first round had no injections, after that round we started injections. Each round became more refined. Dr. Marshall was very careful with medications and did not want to give too many at once, so she altered cycles as we went. The last two cycles had the injections and progesterone supplements, I believe. The 5th round was successful.
All staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] was very helpful. Our main care coordinator help keep us organized because we lived out of town. They communicated well and we were able to have successful treatment with little traveling...They have awesome financial counselors that helped provide the information before we even started...It feels very private and welcoming. Infertility is hard to deal with and the clinic helps in so many ways. I also love that they have a restroom right when you get off the elevator. Women in treatment often need that right away. The clinic was always clean and has fresh bouquets all of the time. Made the clinic very cheery.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Marshall was always open and compassionate. My husband and I really wanted a biological child. He had infertility, but through IVF there was a slight chance of success. Dr. Marshall was very honest about our odds. We did IVF, and it did not end in our favor. Dr. Marshall was very compassionate in helping us deal with our loss, and gave us other options we could look at when we were ready. There was no pressure and we felt very supported. We chose another route and now have a 2 year old we love dearly. As a patient I was taken care of and felt valued and heard.
Listen to all advice she has to offer. I was stuck on one treatment that I had in mind, but she helped me to see there are other paths. Thanks to Dr. Marshall we now have a family we always wanted.
Dr. Marshall always made time to speak with us and help us through this difficult time. She also made sure all our visits were thorough because we were traveling from 3 hours away, she tried to save us unnecessary return trips.
We started with IVF and it was a standard cycle. We used injections. I do not recall more than that. After that we moved onto IUI. The first round had no injections, after that round we started injections. Each round became more refined. Dr. Marshall was very careful with medications and did not want to give too many at once, so she altered cycles as we went. The last two cycles had the injections and progesterone supplements, I believe. The 5th round was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette Sharman)
All staff was very helpful. Our main care coordinator help keep us organized because we lived out of town. They communicated well and we were able to have successful treatment with little traveling.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Pacific Northwest Fertility is in a great location. It feels very private and welcoming. Infertility is hard to deal with and the clinic helps in so many ways. I also love that they have a restroom right when you get off the elevator. Women in treatment often need that right away. The clinic was always clean and has fresh bouquets all of the time. Made the clinic very cheery.
I honestly don't remember the details. They have awesome financial counselors that helped provide the information before we even started.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
There was only one instance where a fax was lodged under paperwork. We live out of town and had blood work done locally. When the fax went through it got stuck to another paper. It was an honest mistake and our results were only delayed from a late afternoon to the next morning. We totally understood, but I wanted to be honest in this response. All tests and blood work done in the clinic had no issues. It was our circumstance of living 3 hours away.
Seattle

Dr. Marshall answered all our questions in a way that we understand. She is very caring and I can feel her concern for us...I pushed for a test to see why I miscarried on the 1st transfer. [she] explained how the test would really not help me but left the decision to me...[she] suggested we do a Progesterone blood test prior to my 2nd transfer and added a vaginal suppository twice a day. It worked...She is very honest with what will work for my situation and doesn't recommend tests that are just waste of time and money.
[nurses of Pacific NW Fertility] Very professional and timely in their response...they care for their patients and when they give me personal instruction, they make sure it's printed on a paper and they still respond to my emails...[clinic] They also have excellent response to COVID, only 3 patients in the lobby during my appointment...[cost]With insurance about $20,000 not including medicine but including genetic testing
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
My experience was great, I pushed for a test to see why I miscarried on the 1st transfer. Dr. Marshall explained how the test would really not help me but left the decision to me. She is very honest with what will work for my situation and doesn't recommend tests that are just waste of time and money.
List all your questions and your partner's question prior to your appointment.
Dr. Marshall answered all our questions in a way that we understand. She is very caring and I can feel her concern for us. Her team is very professional but human!
Dr. Marshall suggested we do a Progesterone blood test prior to my 2nd transfer and added a vaginal suppository twice a day. It worked! Turned out my body was not absorbing all the PIO shots and I need more help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emma and Brenna)
Very professional and timely in their response. Emily and Brenna are the best, when I send an email in the morning, I get a response in 2-3hours. I know they care for their patients and when they give me personal instruction, they make sure it's printed on a paper and they still respond to my emails.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
My husband who works for a hospital was impressed and he said PNWF is like a well-oiled-machine. They also have excellent response to COVID, only 3 patients in the lobby during my appointment, they temperature-scanned everyone that gets in.
With insurance about $20,000 not including medicine but including genetic testing. Insurance helped me pay but it did not pay for everything.
PNWF will only transfer One embryo for a healthier pregnancy.

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Julie Lamb] always advocated for single transfers, but suggested a multiple embryo transfer for my last two embryos...is a great doctor. She tries to make uncomfortable procedures and ultrasounds quick and she makes sure to keep you positive even when shes giving you bad news...is a great advocate for her patients. She will hear you out but ins't overly sensitive...She is a realist, but her communication always comes across genuine....
The [Pacific NW Fertility] facility is nice, clean and everything you would expect. The front staff is mostly great. I have run across some individuals who aren't knowledgeable or helpful, but most of the time they are great...IUI's were around ~$1k, IVF retrieval and 1 transfer was ~$20k, each additional transfer was ~$5k...The communication between the office and the lab isn't great...
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb is a great doctor. She tries to make uncomfortable procedures and ultrasounds quick and she makes sure to keep you positive even when shes giving you bad news. During my D&C - they were having a hard time getting an IV in me because I was very dehydrated. Dr. Lamb came into the OR and held my hand under the blanket, and tried her best to comfort me. She stayed with me the whole time to make sure I didn't feel scared and alone. She truly understands the emotion behind fertility treatments and is always rooting for us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb is a great advocate for her patients. She will hear you out but ins't overly sensitive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb is very friendly. She always remembers my husband and I and remembers whats going on in our lives. She is a realist, but her communication always comes across genuine.
Describe the protocols Julie Lamb used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Started with IUI's, moved to IVF after they were unsuccessful. One egg retrieval followed by a mix of fresh and frozen transfers using both medicated and natural cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Claire)
Claire is my favorite. Shes super sweet and very knowledgeable. You can talk to her like shes your good friend - and always super helpful. Responds to my emails very quick.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
PNWF is great. The facility is nice, clean and everything you would expect. The front staff is mostly great. I have run across some individuals who aren't knowledgeable or helpful, but most of the time they are great.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific NW Fertility.
They were actually great - most of the time they had my blood drawn in the ultrasound room, which was a nice luxury. They allowed for me to get in and our of there in 15-30 min.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe Julie Lamb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
She always advocated for single transfers, but suggested a multiple embryo transfer for my last two embryos to eliminate the emotional heartache of another failed transfer given all my stats were normal and I was young and healthy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
The communication between the office and the lab isn't great. When I needed to schedule appts one after the other, they did not coordinate and made it difficult to do so.
2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
3 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Marshall was always very calm and clear about next steps. This was helpful because there is a lot going on and a lot to remember. She always made herself avail and I felt like we had her full attention and care, even though I imagine she seems many patients...I did three rounds of retrievals and from what I understand it was the standard cycle for all three. I don't remember adjusting anything to get different results. There was a time at the end when the progesterone shots were really painful, so Yvette recommended lidocaine patches and they helped numb my butt.
Yvette [nurse at Pacific NW Fertility] is an angel! I am forever grateful for Yvette and Dr. Marshall for their care. I appreciated the check in emails and calls with each procedure, and really felt like I was their only patient...I haven't' been to other clinics so i don't know how else it's different, but I thought the clinic was set up and easy to work with. They also always called back promptly, which was nice. Billing was easy to work with as well and always avail with an open door for questions.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Meet with her first. If you like her, go with her. i would absolutely recommend it. If not, then move onto someone else. The treatment and relationship is something you need to have full confidence in from day 1.
Dr. Marshall and her team of nurses, including Yvette, made sure to check in during appts even when it was routine and not necessary for them to touch base. However, they made sure they popped in to say hello and offer encouragement along the way. It's the little things that really count!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette, and then Emily and Brenna)
Yvette is an angel! I am forever grateful for Yvette and Dr. Marshall for their care. I appreciated the check in emails and calls with each procedure, and really felt like I was their only patient. That's how good their communication is with their patients! Also when I needed some adjustments with needle size as well as pain management, they were quick to help.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I think it was about $10-15k per egg retrieval cycle, just for the appts (not including medications). I was fortunate to have Livestrong and Walgreens sponsor my medications because the reason for the retrieval was a cancer diagnosis. I also pay $400 for embryo storage.
Because we had run PGS on the embryos and knew they were viable, the recommendation was to transfer only one since it had a better chance of taking.
Seattle

Dr. Shahine took the time to talk with me one on one. When she did, she praised me for taking charge of my health and also made sure I knew that my miscarriages were not my fault.... Dr. Shahine recommenced a 3D ultrasound to evaluate the shape of my uterus and check for a septum. When the results came back inconclusive she recommended a hysteroscopy to get a direct look and to diagnose/treat any abnormalities that may be causing my recurrent pregnancy loss.
The clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is always running on time, they are very friendly, and they have the capability to draw labs, and do ultrasounds and other procedures on site. The rooms are private and not super clinical which is nice.... The nursing staff is very kind. I was very nervous at my first appointment and they took time to comfort me and show me compassion....The clinic was upfront with costs associated with things if you didn’t have insurance coverage and provided cost sheets when requested for hysteroscopy, IVF, IUI, etc.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine was so kind throughout the process. My initial meeting with her was great, she quickly coordinated the care that I needed to receive. When she sensed my hesitancy when we were discussing surgery, she assured me she wouldn’t do anything that she didn’t need to to, and that’s she wasn’t a surgical cowboy. This meant a lot to me because I’ve had anxiety regarding recovery time. When my surgery had to be cancelled last minute (day of surgery), she personally called me to discuss why and apologize, and offered to write a letter for work and got me rescheduled ASAP.
I would simply tell them to pick Dr. Shahine.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is always running on time, they are very friendly, and they have the capability to draw labs, and do ultrasounds and other procedures on site. The rooms are private and not super clinical which is nice.
All of my care was covered under my insurance as pre-conception screening or screening for abnormalities. I did not have any “infertility” related billing. The clinic was upfront with costs associated with things if you didn’t have insurance coverage and provided cost sheets when requested for hysteroscopy, IVF, IUI, etc.
Not applicable

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr Shahine recommended a single embryo transfer, which we agreed with. We also appreciated her recommendation to do PGS testing on our day 5 embryos to essentially up our odds of success with the single embryo transfer approach...treated me with respect, and I thought very highly of her background, research, and passion about with what she does, as well as her involvement with organizations and individuals outside of the clinic that support infertility.
During our IVF cycle our primary nurse [at Pacific NW Fertility] was very responsive, compassionate, and helpful. I felt very supported, and never hesitated to reach out to ask questions...Monitoring was scheduled when convenient with my schedule during the week. The appts on the weekend are scheduled in time order, which makes it less convenient, but not beyond reason...Costs were given upfront and conveyed very clearly. There were no hidden costs.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
From our initial meeting through our IVF treatments, Dr. Shahine was kind, informative, and compassionate, all traits that my husband and I valued while going through an emotional time in our fertility journey. I felt very listened to, and any concerns or topics I asked about were addressed and discussed with respect and honesty. I liked that we saw her every visit and that she always made time to ask how I was feeling. She coordinated the care that I needed to receive very smoothly.
Ask any question that you may have around any and all parts of your treatment. No question is too big, or too small, and Doctor Shahine was very receptive, open, and honest to any questions we brought forward.
Doctor Shahine consistently checked up with me during my iVF cycle, always making sure to ask how I was feeling. I truly felt listened to and felt like the staff cared for my well being during such an emotional time. I felt like Dr Shahine treated me with respect, and I thought very highly of her background, research, and passion about with what she does, as well as her involvement with organizations and individuals outside of the clinic that support infertility.
My initial protocol involved testing to properly diagnose the reasoning for infertility, including a Hysterosalpingography, Saline sonogram, bloodwork to check such levels as FsH, estradiol, TSH, Anti mullerian hormone level, and progesterone. When my husband and I decided to do IVF, Dr. Shahine set up a FET protocol for my IVF cycle, due to the potential of ovarian overstimulation. This included birth control pills, Ganirelix, Gonal F, minced dose HCG, and Progesterone in Oil injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Call)
During our IVF cycle our primary nurse was very responsive, compassionate, and helpful. I felt very supported, and never hesitated to reach out to ask questions. We are now back at the clinic, and though we now have a team of nurses assigned vs a primary nurse, I still feel the same. The nursing staff I have met thus far is very supportive, & quick to respond to emails.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is very well run overall. Staff are respectful, kind, attentive, and prompt in returning emails and phone calls. I truly feel like the staff I communicate with knows my name, and I feel very comfortable reaching out with any questions.
Costs were given upfront and conveyed very clearly. There were no hidden costs.
Seattle

After my third miscarriage I searched online for books on recurrent miscarriage. I came across Dr. Shahine's book, "Not Broken". I learned so much from it. Fast forward another year at a clinic across the country where I live, I had gone through a very successful egg retrieval but had two failed transfers. I was defeated...I booked a second opinion consult with her. I am so very thankful I did! She first started our conversation with "I just want to say that I am so sorry you are going through this.". Those simple words meant so much to me and my husband and made us immediately feel like she cared. She showed so much empathy with us. It really stood out to us.
Everytime I called or emailed any of the staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] they were prompt to answer. I was impressed with that. Brittany helped me make sure I got all of my information to them and that I had filled out everything that I needed to...She [Dr. Shahine] recommended trying metformin starting before our next transfer. I am lean PCOS and have never had issues with my blood glucose so I hadn't ever tried it. She cited the study by Dr. Zev Williams suggesting benefits in PCOS with metformin. I have felt incredible since taking it. She also recommended lovenox as an immunmodulator. I did this as well a low dose of 40 mg. So far my pregnancy has been on the right track. So thankful for these suggestions
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine had read through my chart thoroughly before our consult. She was aware of my entire case, and my chart is a thick one. She went over extra details she had questions about and we discussed those. She then made her recommendations based on research and sited those studies. She stressed that we had done nothing to cause our many miscarriages, failed transfers and were doing everything we could. However, she did make two changes and suggestions for our doctor here in town. I can say that I am now pregnant after our third transfer, and I truly feel that it's Dr. Shahine's suggestions made all the difference. I would highly recommend her to anyone. Especially those who have had recurrent miscarriage. We need more providers with the care and compassion that she has!
She is incredibly thoughtful, knows all the current studies, is humble and is just all around an incredible doctor. Highly recommend.
After my third miscarriage I searched online for books on recurrent miscarriage. I came across Dr. Shahine's book, "Not Broken". I learned so much from it. Fast forward another year at a clinic across the country where I live, I had gone through a very successful egg retrieval but had two failed transfers. I was defeated. I had been following Dr. Shahine on instagram for over a year. I booked a second opinion consult with her. I am so very thankful I did! She first started our conversation with "I just want to say that I am so sorry you are going through this.". Those simple words meant so much to me and my husband and made us immediately feel like she cared. She showed so much empathy with us. It really stood out to us.
She recommended trying metformin starting before our next transfer. I am lean PCOS and have never had issues with my blood glucose so I hadn't ever tried it. She cited the study by Dr. Zev Williams suggesting benefits in PCOS with metformin. I have felt incredible since taking it. She also recommended lovenox as an immunmodulator. I did this as well a low dose of 40 mg. So far my pregnancy has been on the right track. So thankful for these suggestions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
I had Jennifer call me to get all of my information before my consult with Dr. Shahine. She was so kind, thorough and paid attention to detail. All of her notes she took were correct for when we had our appointment with Dr. Shahine.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Everytime I called or emailed any of the staff they were prompt to answer. I was impressed with that. Brittany helped me make sure I got all of my information to them and that I had filled out everything that I needed to.
It was a second opinion consult so it was not much. I am thankful for that!
She strongly encouraged us to only transfer one embryo. We took her advice and continued with only one.
Seattle

Julie [Lamb] was smart, capable, and super caring from our very first meeting. She was like a breath of fresh air after a few bad experiences with previous doctors. We just loved her and felt so special and taken care of under her care. ... I am advanced maternal age (38) and we used a sperm donor because my husband has azoospermia, so Julie was very thoughtful and had a clear strategy from the beginning. We didn’t really weigh many options and decided to go with her recommendation, which was to do IVF.
Generally the clinics [Pacific NW Fertility] was super friendly, organized and well-run. We only had a few issues with communication, where the next steps weren’t clear to us, which caused some confusion and stress. They were always quick to make up for it and help us get back in track, though. ... The biggest example was when we found out we had only one viable embryo, but that the other 21 eggs didn’t survive. We were pretty shaken up.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Julie was smart, capable, and super caring from our very first meeting. She was like a breath of fresh air after a few bad experiences with previous doctors. We just loved her and felt so special and taken care of under her care.
Go for it, no hesitation.
Everyone was so thoughtful, caring, sweet, and fun. They felt like caring friends.
I am advanced maternal age (38) and we used a sperm donor because my husband has azoospermia, so Julie was very thoughtful and had a clear strategy from the beginning. We didn’t really weigh many options and decided to go with her recommendation, which was to do IVF. We did all testing recommended. I even had a hysteroscopy done to make sure everything was clear and healthy. At our retrieval we were thrilled to get 22 eggs, but unfortunately only one healthy embryo. Thank goodness for that miracle embryo that is now a 4.5 mo baby in my belly. We feel truly lucky and appreciative of the direction Julie took with our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Claire )
We had a team under Julie, which was two other nurses who regularly communicated with us. One was fabulous (Claire), while the other was good, but had some issues (Nicole).
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Generally the clinics was super friendly, organized and well-run. We only had a few issues with communication, where the next steps weren’t clear to us, which caused some confusion and stress. They were always quick to make up for it and help us get back in track, though.
Our insurance didn’t cover any of it and it was very expensive, approx $40,000
We only had the option of a single transfer because we only ended up having one.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
There were a few times when we weren’t sure about next steps and they weren’t explained to us clearly. The biggest example was when we found out we had only one viable embryo, but that the other 21 eggs didn’t survive. We were pretty shaken up. We asked questions and were anxious to continue onto the next step, but our specific nurse (Nicole) was unable to explain it to us in a clear or compassionate manner. We felt very insecure about proceeding with our embryo transfer and felt like we had to really push to continue on with it.

2019, Consult
I have only met with Dr. Shahine for an initial IVF consult. In the time I spent with her I found her to be very kind and compassionate. She was equally concerned about my emotional well being as getting to the end result of having a healthy pregnancy/baby. She was very informative and provided many resources. I felt that she wasn't just trying to get me to do IVF, she wanted to explore other options first and make sure my health was in good shape before moving forward. I appreciate her honesty and care in discussing such sensitive topics.
The clinic's [Pacific NW Fertility] strengths are their warm and kind service. I have always felt so comfortable at what could be a very uncomfortable visit. This clinic is also very efficient and my team has been incredibly responsive with information and any concerns I may have. They have several beautiful locations and are flexible in appointment times and days of availability.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Have an open mind and be ready that IVF isn't the first coarse of action to take.
Dr. Shahine was very compassionate towards my experiences. She spoke to me with kindness and without judgement, acknowledging how much my husband and I have been through. She provided resources to treat my emotional needs as well as my physical needs. Dr. Shahine never left me feeling hopeless.
She currently has me working with a nutritionist who specializes in fertility and PCOS. Additionally she is having me lose weight and continue trying naturally at home until my weight is at a safer space for IVF treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
The nursing staff has always been so kind, warm and welcoming. I have always felt incredibly comfortable at every visit.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic's strengths are their warm and kind service. I have always felt so comfortable at what could be a very uncomfortable visit. This clinic is also very efficient and my team has been incredibly responsive with information and any concerns I may have. They have several beautiful locations and are flexible in appointment times and days of availability.
Just the initial consult was covered by insurance
Seattle

Overall, it felt like like this doctor [Dr. Broughton] did not care about me as a person. ... This doctor did not treat calls - such as my call reporting my miscarriage - with a sense of urgency. ... She didn’t feel present with regards to my treatment, she didn’t return my calls in a timely manner, my treatment plan was the same month after month. When I wanted to find out a timeline to resume treatment post miscarriage, I only seemed to get calls back re things that could be sold to me.
Communication is the greatest weakness of this clinic [Pacific NW Fertility]. They clinic also charges a premium price for a decidedly not premium patient experience. The doctor came up with one plan and that was the only plan. No revaluing each month, no connecting with me on the plan. Just this is what we are doing. ... The clinic did not send my medical records to my new clinic as requested. When they send them to me, they included inaccurate information re conversations that we had. I kept getting new bills many months after I had moved on to a new clinic. Not certain why their billing is not more streamlined.
How was your experience with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
Overall, it felt like like this doctor did not care about me as a person. She didn’t feel present with regards to my treatment, she didn’t return my calls in a timely manner, my treatment plan was the same month after month. When I wanted to find out a timeline to resume treatment post miscarriage, I only seemed to get calls back re things that could be sold to me.
You will need to advocate strongly for yourself if you don’t feel confident in your treatment plan; I didn’t feel like she was engaged with mine, personally. Set expectations re communication- her perception of an appropriate response time might not align with yours (it certainly did not with mine)
This doctor did not treat calls - such as my call reporting my miscarriage - with a sense of urgency. Doctors that I had never called called me about my miscarriage prior to Dr. Broughton - literally the only doctor I called.
Describe the protocols Darcy Broughton used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Letrozole. Triggered basically the same time each month though my cycles are variable (and my current doctor does not).
Nurses were OK.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Communication is the greatest weakness of this clinic. They clinic also charges a premium price for a decidedly not premium patient experience. The doctor came up with one plan and that was the only plan. No revaluing each month, no connecting with me on the plan. Just this is what we are doing.
Describe Darcy Broughton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
Seattle

Dr Broughton has been very understanding and very caring about our situation and what we have went through. She is finding answers for us. She is very knowledgeable and very educated. I love that she has a very extensive background with the female body. I trust her completely. She takes the time to let me talk and answers al my questions. ...
I love that they have a lab in clinic so if doctor wants to order something while we are there they can get it done ASAP. ... They do there best to help with billing insurance for things that are infertility and not infertility related. ... The nurses are amazing. Amber has mostly been my nurse since I started going to PNWF she has always been amazing at responding to my emails and phone calls. Which I wrote and call a lot because I am from out of town and we travel back and forth.
How was your experience with Darcy Broughton at Pacific NW Fertility?
You are in good hands! Trust the process and the journey.
When D.r Swelstad left the clinic we were sad we liked him. We got pregnant with our son and lost him at 18weeks. Dr Broughton became our new doctor she is so smart and knowledgeable she was very sweet understanding and determined for us. We appreciate her.
Dr Broughton took the time to go through our whole history with us and each round we went through step by step. We did a round with her and she kept track of my body and how it was reacting. She noticed my lining was thick so she suggested we do a sis procedure and sure enough we found a polyp that was keeping my lining so thick. So we did a hysteroscopy and now we are waiting for Aunt Flo to show up so we can start another round of iui with trigger Letrozole and follistim. She also adjusted the meds and amounts daily. We are very hopeful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
The nurses are amazing. Amber has mostly been my nurse since I started going to PNWF she has always been amazing at responding to my emails and phone calls. Which I wrote and call a lot because I am from out of town and we travel back and forth. Amber has been very supportive from the time we first started to when she got to call us and tell us we were pregnant to finding out we lost our son.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I wish they would open a clinic in Yakima or somewhere closer to me! I love that they have a lab in clinic so if doctor wants to order something while we are there they can get it done ASAP. To a new patient I would say you are in good hands. They are amazing.
They do there best to help with billing insurance for things that are infertility and not infertility related. My insurance covers nothing with infertility so when we do my hsg or my sis procedure or my hysteroscopy all of those things get covered by insurance because they are not infertility and labs. So every little thing helps!
Seattle

Dr Shahine was always prepared for our meetings. ...Due to DOR, age, family goals, and history of repeat pregnancy loses she gave us timeline of ~6 months to try this intervention if we had the energy for it and then suggested we move onto IVF. IVF would allow us best chance of success and also allow us to test for chromosomal abnormalities to dec risk of repeat miscarriage. ...
Their office [Pacific NW Fertility] can be difficult to find your first time or two to the clinic as signage is poor in the towers so it is tricky if you can't remember what floor to go to and what tower you should be in. ... Primary nurse, Michelle was organized with timelines and calendars of appointments, lab work, etc. ... There office staff is always very professional. All appointments have been on time. The office is always very clean.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine was always prepared for our meetings. What sets her apart from other physicians, is that she engaged both my husband and I in the conversation. This helped her to gauge our individual personalities, emotions, and learning styles in order to know how to best present information to us which often meant in 2 various styles - 1 that worked better for my husband, and one that worked better for me. Dr Shahine quickly read that I needed to process information in an evidence based method. She presented me with the most incredible resource (a book she authored on miscarriage and repeat pregnancy loss) and was able to factually support her decision making process. I have had repeat pregnancy loses and was seen by more provider than I can count. Other providers would dance around my questions regarding miscarriage whereas Dr Shahine was genuinely empathetic but provided me with evidence based research for what things may be linked to miscarriage. This helped my brain process information and felt like I had some control. The control to me was knowledge. I am the person that needs to know the "but why", and she always delivered the answers.
Write down all your questions in advance of your meeting with her. She will notice your list of questions and allow you time to ask every question you have.
Dr Shahine always is very warm in her welcome. She genuinely listens to your concerns and shares in your heartbreak without rushing you or showing signs of being uncomfortable. She allows you to process and talk through your emotions which I believe helped her guide her decision making process with us. When asking to share her reasons in her decision making process she presents pros and cons and always cites examples we have given in relation to our "feelings".
Dr Lora Shahine took over my care after other physicians left the practice thus I was already on a regimented protocol that she agreed with so we did not need to make any adjustments. At that time I was taking Femera on days 3-7 of my cycle, with ultrasound monitoring appointments to ensure the mature eggs where on the side in which my Fallopian tube was not blocked to ensure best change at success, when the follicle measured the correct size I would have a trigger injection with IUI within 36 hours. Due to DOR, age, family goals, and history of repeat pregnancy loses she gave us timeline of ~6 months to try this intervention if we had the energy for it and then suggested we move onto IVF. IVF would allow us best chance of success and also allow us to test for chromosomal abnormalities to dec risk of repeat miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Primary nurse, Michelle was organized with timelines and calendars of appointments, lab work, etc. They recently moved to a model to have a "care team" which they believe allows for improved communication time. I have not been as impressed with others on the care team as they do not seem to be as informed on my particular case and give insufficient answers to my questions (they do not address all questions asked) and often contradict what the primary nurse and MD's plan was which makes it frustrating. I feel most confident when Michelle answers my questions. I also have never met the other care providers so I believe without a face to face meeting they may treat me more as a number vs human
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They are open 7 days a week. The first appointment may take a while to get however once you are an established patient it is very easy to make appointments when needed. There office staff is always very professional. All appointments have been on time. The office is always very clean. Their office can be difficult to find your first time or two to the clinic as signage is poor in the towers so it is tricky if you can't remember what floor to go to and what tower you should be in.
My insurance does cover some expenses however many things, especially medications are cash pay only despite insurance saying they cover fertility benefits.
We have not yet fully discussed this with MD thus can not provide information on this at this time.
2017 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. Julie Lamb] took the time to talk to me and really listened. She went out of her way to help me fulfill my dream of being pregnant by Christmas. She also celebrated small wins along the way. And for times when my numbers weren’t great she stayed optimistic yet realistic. She was positive and caring...has a very sunshiny demeanor. She is very intelligent and treated me with respect, taking the time to explain everything. She let me direct things and helped guide decisions that were right for me. She was the perfect blend of candid and caring. She made a scary process almost fun. She even held my hand before each egg retrieval as I went to sleep.
She [nurse at Pacific NW Fertility] was SO ORGANIZED and took a lot of stress out of the process. She also taught me to do injections and made me feel like a pro...I paid about $15000 per round... They work with you financially. You get personal treatment. You feel like a human. The main blood draw person is so good at it too. The front desk people are fast and have it together...First round went better than expected with 8 eggs and 4 embryos but only one passed the genetic screening.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Lamb has a very sunshiny demeanor. She is very intelligent and treated me with respect, taking the time to explain everything. She let me direct things and helped guide decisions that were right for me. She was the perfect blend of candid and caring. She made a scary process almost fun. She even held my hand before each egg retrieval as I went to sleep.
Schedule in advance because she books up fast!
She took the time to talk to me and really listened. She went out of her way to help me fulfill my dream of being pregnant by Christmas. She also celebrated small wins along the way. And for times when my numbers weren’t great she stayed optimistic yet realistic. She was positive and caring.
I ended up with a very low AMH so she said to plan for 3-4 IVF cycles which was more than I had originally anticipated. I wanted to freeze some embryos and some eggs. First round went better than expected with 8 eggs and 4 embryos but only one passed the genetic screening. Next round we kept the same plan and I got one more healthy embryo. We decided to do a couple more rounds for eggs - I was using a friend sperm donor and didn’t know if I would have a husband in the future. I froze 11 eggs. We decided to try a FET for one embryo and if it didn’t work I would do another round of IVF but it worked and I got my Christmas miracle. She even came out to the waiting room to give me a hug when I was there for the blood test to confirm pregnancy.
Danielle was the best nurse I have ever had. She was SO ORGANIZED and took a lot of stress out of the process. She also taught me to do injections and made me feel like a pro. She was so encouraging, caring, and positive. Also smart and knowledgeable. Nursing perfection.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They are great. Detail oriented. They work with you financially. You get personal treatment. You feel like a human. The main blood draw person is so good at it too. The front desk people are fast and have it together.
I paid about $15000 per round
I knew I only wanted her to put one in. I had already genetically tested them. She recommended the same so it wasn’t even much of a discussion.
Seattle

I definitely felt like Dr Shahine cared about my treatment and about being completely honest and open about my chances and the possible routes I could take at my age. Though she did push me to consider IUI and IVF ASAP, I opted to go the natural route for awhile (acupuncture and supplements) before deciding to finally try IUI. Dr Shahine did lay out realistic expectations for me.
There's a bit of a cattle-call feeling [at Pacific NW Fertility] with all the women in the clinic coming and going, but I understand that goes with the industry. Everyone is nice and courteous and I was never made to feel less than human, however. Fertility struggles can feel invasive and embarrassing but the clinic does everything right in making you feel at ease.... Michelle (and De Shahine's whole team) was fantastic; she's available by email and took the time to explain many things and answer all my questions. She's also very personable and warm.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
No question is a dumb question! Come prepared with all of your questions and she will answer honestly and realistically, but in a caring way.
Dr Shahine is very warm and creates a feeling of openness and honesty, which I appreciated. She also took the time to get to know me and asked many questions. Her nurses are fantastic as well!
I'm on my first IUI and have used Femara on cycle days 3-7 and then had an HCG trigger shot on day 13. It still remains to be seen if it was successful.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
There's a bit of a cattle-call feeling with all the women in the clinic coming and going, but I understand that goes with the industry. Everyone is nice and courteous and I was never made to feel less than human, however. Fertility struggles can feel invasive and embarrassing but the clinic does everything right in making you feel at ease.
So far probably around $1000
Seattle

Dr. Shahine clearly knows her stuff, and she’s wonderful to speak with about treatment options and everything that goes along with it. That said, as a patient, you primarily speak only with her nurses. She is not accessible to patients and, when dealing with infertility, that can be tough. Other than that, though, this doctor is optimistic, compassionate, intelligent, and definitely knows what she’s doing. Would definitely recommend overall.
The facility [Pacific NW Fertility] is nice, the doctors are smart and competent, the nurses are mostly responsive. It is the only fertility clinic I’ve ever been to, but I trust that they will do their best and provide me with the best possible outcome!... as a patient, you primarily speak only with her [Dr. Shahine's] nurses. She is not accessible to patients and, when dealing with infertility, that can be tough
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Be prepared to ask ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS when you see her because it’s unlikely that you’ll get another chance!
We tried one (failed) medicated IUI, although it turned out that even the trigger shot didn’t work. About to start our first IVF cycle!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The facility is nice, the doctors are smart and competent, the nurses are mostly responsive. It is the only fertility clinic I’ve ever been to, but I trust that they will do their best and provide me with the best possible outcome!
All costs are out of pocket for us, so we’re about the hand over about $23k to the clinic plus $3k for meds.
She will inform you of statistics and her recommendation, but will ultimately let you make your own decision.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
Just that my trigger shot failed for our IUI and that possibility was not discussed prior, monitored during, or discussed after the failed cycle.
Seattle

Dr. Lamb is simply the best! She’s so compassionate and knowledgeable. We felt like we were in wonderful hands our whole way through the tough process and deeply trusted her plan of care. Highly recommended!! ... Dr. Lamb and her nursing team [PNWF] are amazing! Everyone is so kind and helpful. ... Dr. Lamb encourages transferring one embryo but allowed us to choose to transfer two.
Everything was truly wonderful and we would recommend PNWF again and again. All the providers and staff are so caring and we always felt welcomed. We are still receiving care but feel optimistic that we will have a good outcome. ... Dr. Lamb’s team of nurses were vital to our experience. They were always helpful and responsive and we really enjoyed working with them.
Be patient.
Dr. Lamb and her nursing team are amazing! Everyone is so kind and helpful.
Our first cycle consisted of an egg retrieval and frozen transfer because we wanted to genetically test the embryos. Unfortunately, two frozen transfers of two embryos each time resulted in miscarriages at six and eight weeks. We are now gearing up for a fresh transfer after our second retrieval last week!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
We were lucky to have insurance and spent about $10K after two cycles.