9.7

Issaquah, WA 98029
1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

2015, Successful
Dr. Lamb is an amazing doctor and was really thorough and listened to me and my concerns. I never felt like she was in a rush and I felt she was always so compassionate and caring.... Dr. Lamb is a mother herself who complately understands her patients desire to become parents. She was always very straight forward and thorough.... She had to up my medication dosage a few different times to get my follicles to grow and be where she wanted them to be at the right time. I
Everyone at PNWF in Seattle were so kind toward every patient. They didn’t make you feel like just another nobody, they all seemed genuine and sweet and very helpful. If I ever needed a last minute appointment they would not hesitate to get me in to be seen.... My nurse Kallie was available to always answer my question and she was very thorough and never made me feel like I was bugging her. She was always super sweet.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb is a mother herself who complately understands her patients desire to become parents. She was always very straight forward and thorough. She has a great team working for her and I would highly recommend her to any family or friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
I would tell them that she is very straight forward in a caring and compassionate way. She is very sweet and relates to her patients as humans and their desire to become a mom and dad.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the protocols Julie Lamb used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
She had to up my medication dosage a few different times to get my follicles to grow and be where she wanted them to be at the right time. I took Lupron, follistim, birth control, menopur, as well as the patches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie flaherty)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility.
Ivf with Dr. Lamb was $16,000 but after all the testing and medication I spent closer to $30,000.
Describe Julie Lamb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
Dr. Lamb preferred a single embryo transfer for me, before we found out I only had one PGS normal embryo to transfer anyway. She prefers a healthy Singleton pregnancy over a high risk twin pregnancy. I respected her decision of what was best for me.
2015, Successful
Dr. Shahine is one of the most trustworthy, kind, caring and intelligent doctors my husband and I have ever known. She truly cares about you and understands the gravity and complexity of undergoing fertility treatment, not to mention the emotional toll it can take...Dr. Shahine is incredibly inclusive, never treats you like a number and truly acts as a partner in your care. She makes it a point to explain every procedure, lab test and result with great care and compassion.
The doctors and nursing staff (medical assistants, front desk staff and phlebotomy included) are all fantastic. It's evident that the staff communicates well with one another (internal patient processes are clear and streamlined) and they are always kind, helpful and knowledgeable in their interactions with patients. I did run into challenges with the PNWF billing specialists (duplicate charges, improper billing to insurance, etc.) - but I was always able to resolve these issues.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
It's okay to be emotionally vulnerable. Dr. Shahine will not judge you and is there to support you through this journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the protocols Lora Shahine used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Gonal F Pen Progesterone in Oil 100mg/mL
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Call)
Danielle was my primary care coordinator/RN and she was fantastic in this role. She is extremely knowledgeable, kind, approachable and organized. No question was a "dumb" question and she treated each hurdle in my IVF journey, sensitively and with compassion.
2011 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Lee Hickok] remembered us and spoke to you like a friend... He did a great job of explaining all the risks and chances for success and failure. He always seemed to be in a good mood and I got the impression that all the staff enjoyed working with him. The whole office worked like a well oiled machine but still felt personable... He let us know the chances for multiples and made sure we understood the risks for transferring multiple embryos.
The location [of Pacific NW Fertility] is either convenient or not for you. You either have to pay for the parking garage or find street parking. The view from their office is great and something I enjoyed every visit. As they have become busier there is a longer wait for appointments.... Our initial IVF cycle was 6 years ago and cost just under $20,000 out of pocket. Each frozen embryo transfer was around $5,000. All the costs were made clear up front.
How was your experience with Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility?
The same advice I would give anyone undergoing fertility treatment, educate yourself so you know what questions to ask and so you know what to expect.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility?
He remembered us and spoke to you like a friend
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Renee Lanzolla)
I loved that I was able to email and usually get a response the same day and if not I would receive an out of office response. Any changes in the treatment plan resulted in a revised calendar being sent.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The location is either convenient or not for you. You either have to pay for the parking garage or find street parking. The view from their office is great and something I enjoyed every visit. As they have become busier there is a longer wait for appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lee Hickok (retired) at Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe Lee Hickok (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
Lee Hickok (retired)
2014 - 2015, Successful
Would recommend her [Dr Julie Lamb]without hesitation...I felt her approach was very data driven but balanced with a bedside manner that is very compassionate and upbeat. She was also organized and consistent. I previously saw another dr at the u of WA that seemed a bit scattered and didn't inspire confidence.
No weaknesses [at Pacific NW Fertility], everything in one location is ideal...[Nurse] Kallie was very sweet and compassionate....I felt her approach was very data driven but balanced with a bedside manner that is very compassionate and upbeat. She was also organized and consistent. I previously saw another dr at the u of WA that seemed a bit scattered and didn't inspire confidence.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Would recommend her without hesitation.
Perfect bedside manner for my needs. Supportive and positive, not overly emotional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kallie)
Kallie was very sweet and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
No weaknesses, everything in one location is ideal.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
Inadequate medicine ordered, causing confusion.

2011 - 2013, Successful
All of the physicians and ARNPs are wonderful but we are particular fans of Dr. Shahine. She is Stanford trained, wickedly smart and direct, yet she considers the couple and what they need. She also thinks about the whole person and what a toll infertility treatment can take on the person and the couple...Tell her where you are physically, mentally and emotionally and be really honest about your concerns / fears. She knows her stuff...
All of the drs [at Pacific NW Fertility - Sea] are great. They have some of the best embryologists. Some insurances won't cover them. Location / parking is a bit of a pain...They explained the facts, were kind and compassionate and got us in when we needed to be...[Nurses are...] Compassionate, thorough, flexible on how they communicated (phone vs. email. Email was easier given my job)...
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine was thoughtful and honest. The most professional, evidence based fertility clinic in the PNW. We had a long process and every step of the way PNWF took care of us. Even when we had some horrible news and had to make tough decisions. They explained the facts, were kind and compassionate and got us in when we needed to be. All of the physicians and ARNPs are wonderful but we are particular fans of Dr. Shahine. She is Stanford trained, wickedly smart and direct, yet she considers the couple and what they need. She also thinks about the whole person and what a toll infertility treatment can take on the person and the couple. We cannot speak highly enough of PNWF.
Dr. Shahine asked asked about my physical, emotional and mental health. She suggested add'l support. She asked how things were going with my marriage. She answered all of my questions (and I had a lot of them). she called me at home on Sat, the day we received a negative pregnancy test after our 4th (and final) IVF when I was crushed. It was not her normal day to work. She emailed me when we had a positive pregnant test. And she dealt with all of the complications we had directly and professionally.
IUI was with letrozole. The last one (Where I got pregnant w/ my twins) was injectables + a trigger. It was a while ago so I don't remember the IVF protocols. One used lupin and it was my worst response.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melinda)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
All of the drs are great. They have some of the best embryologists. Some insurances won't cover them. Location / parking is a bit of a pain.

2012 - 2013, Successful
Absolutely amazing. She [Dr Shahine] is a true professional and clearly knows the science. She is open about what they do and don't know. She's supportive and a great listener. She also knows when to assert things and be direct....>$50,000 (4 IVF cycles and 3 IUIs)
Absolutely amazing. She [Dr Shahine at Pacific Northwest Fertility] is a true professional and clearly knows the science. She is open about what they do and don't know. She's supportive and a great listener. She also knows when to assert things and be direct....>$50,000 (4 IVF cycles and 3 IUIs)
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Absolutely amazing. She is a true professional and clearly knows the science. She is open about what they do and don't know. She's supportive and a great listener. She also knows when to assert things and be direct.
Ask her what you should do and then listen.
Professional Asked about my physical, mental and emotional health Called me at home, checked in via email Always seemed to remember what was going on in my life Encouraged me to do things to take my mind off the cycle
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility.
>$50,000 (4 IVF cycles and 3 IUIs)

2012, Unsuccessful
Dr Lamb was friendly, but I think that she was overly optimistic in her diagnosis. Lots of unknowns along the fertility journey, but I think she could have been a bit more realistic....Research two or three clinics before making a decision and spend time briefly interviewing each doctor before deciding which clinic to use.
The nurse I was assigned to [at Pacific NW Fertility] , while very nice and compassionate, tended to be a bit rushed and scattered at times....In our initial consultation with the clinic, they advised I would qualify for the 'two cycle' plan....In March that we were told that I didn't qualify due to my FSH & AMH levels being too high. We were extremely disappointed that this wasn't communicated earlier in the process and made a point to challenge the decision and speak with the clinic manager. They listened to our complaint, but I'm not sure that anything was done to fix the gap in their process.
How was your experience with Julie Lamb at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lamb was quite personable, as was her nursing staff. The nurse I was assigned to, while very nice and compassionate, tended to be a bit rushed and scattered at times.
I was 37 and took 75iu Menopur & 300iu Follistim. I had 11 (or 12?) eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 3 decent embryos on day 3. All three were implanted on day 3, resulted in chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Cripe)
I remember it being somewhat chaotic - getting information or answers to me last minute or only after a few requests.
Base price of $9,951.30 plus $400 for anesthesia, $2,000 for ICSI, $1,230 for embryo cryopreservation and $600 for blast culture for a total of $14,181.30. Plus medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
In our initial consultation with the clinic, they advised I would qualify for the 'two cycle' plan. We returned to the clinic in January after trying to conceive on our own to initiate an IVF cycle with the understanding we would be able to enroll in the two cycle plan. They re-drew my labs to check my levels (a qualifier for the plan) two months prior to the start of our IVF cycle. It wasn't until after we had committed to the process and ordered our meds in March that we were told that I didn't qualify due to my FSH & AMH levels being too high. We were extremely disappointed that this wasn't communicated earlier in the process and made a point to challenge the decision and speak with the clinic manager. They listened to our complaint, but I'm not sure that anything was done to fix the gap in their process. There was some communication through email with the nurse who said Dr. Lamb thought we would have good success and likely be able to freeze some embryos. We only had three decent day-3 embryos to implant.

2010, Unsuccessful
During my second IUI attempt she [Dr Lora Shahine] flat out said she didn't know what to do with me and asked if I had considered egg donors. She had not done any testing on me to find out if this was something I should consider. Needless to say it scared me very much. I left the clinic, had testing done at another clinic, learned I had a thyroid imbalance which was easily corrected and got pregnant immediately after.
My doctor [at Pacific NW Fertility] went out on medical leave. Nobody called to let me know this. I left messages and emails and didn't finally get a response until two weeks later. Testing was never ordered, not even basic blood tests...I do not remember the cost. I do know it was cheaper than other clinics....I was assigned another doctor, but was transferred to Dr. Shahine when he was out. I felt like she was very rushed and could care less about my care.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine was not the doctor assigned to me. During my second IUI attempt she flat out said she didn't know what to do with me and asked if I had considered egg donors. She had not done any testing on me to find out if this was something I should consider. Needless to say it scared me very much. I left the clinic, had testing done at another clinic, learned I had a thyroid imbalance which was easily corrected and got pregnant immediately after.
Be careful and get a second opinion. From what I have heard she treats her own patients a lot better.
femara + IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
The nurses seemed to thaw the sperm vials way too long before the actual procedure. They also wanted to do an IUI exactly 24 hours after trigger even though not every patient ovulates then.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
It looks nice from the outside.
I do not remember the cost. I do know it was cheaper than other clinics.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
My doctor went out on medical leave. Nobody called to let me know this. I left messages and emails and didn't finally get a response until two weeks later. Testing was never ordered, not even basic blood tests.