7.3

800-597-2234
3200 Kearney Street
Fremont, CA 94538
800-597-2234
Palo Alto - El Camino (closed)
795 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94301
2581 Samaritan Dr.
San Jose, CA 95124

Treated 2018 - 2020
He [Dr. Max Ezzati] explains odds and use analogies and visuals to explain things better. I never felt rushed during our appointments...He has been curious about us and kept in touch even now 7+ month pregnant. He has gone out of his way to accommodate us when treatments were not going right but ovulation was happening. Helping with a unscheduled ultrasound and guidance for timing...after a couple of miscarriages we got two successful IVFs with genetic testing. 1xday5 embryo and came back genetically good but turned into a chemical pregnancy and the other one with 4xday5 embryos (2 bad dna, 1 good and 1 inconvlusive). I’m pregnant (7+mo) with the good e
[The nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation is] very attentive and responsive. Really cares for us. Really knowledgeable and organized!!...The whole staff at this clinic is great. Never waited too long in the waiting room. Love that the lab is right there! Gentle phlebotomists. Easy parking. It is great the the clinic is working with a app/system where you can ask question, see lab results, book appointments... so easy to use and save so much time. The main strength of the clinic is it’s people : all doctors, nurses and staffs are caring and attentive.
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
From our first appointment dr Ezzati was very good at explaining fertility and the process. He was very patient and easy to understand and follow. He explains odds and use analogies and visuals to explain things better. I never felt rushed during our appointments. He was genuinely happy and sad with us throughout the va process. He has been curious about us and kept in touch even now 7+ month pregnant. He has gone out of his way to accommodate us when treatments were not going right but ovulation was happening. Helping with a unscheduled ultrasound and guidance for timing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Ask questions and mention your fears and worries to Dr Ezzati. The will be able to explains things to you to keep your optimism up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
It really shows that Dr Ezzati care A LOT! Always felt like he has time for us and our questions. Never felt rushed during our visits. He was on the same roller coaster than us with the ups and downs of fertility treatments. Always trying to accommodate us and remove any stress factors.
Describe the protocols Max Ezzati used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
I don’t remember all protocols. I know with the first IVF treatment some eggs were growing too fast and about to ovulate so it got switched into an IUI. Dr Ezzati then changed the treatment so I do stimulate my eggs too fast. This resulted in 5 5-day embryos with 2 fresh transfer and 3 frozen embryos. Unfortunately this pregnancy didn’t work out. Because of timing we got another IVF turned into IUI and we also got an impromptu IUI because I was ovulating at the right time... after a couple of miscarriages we got two successful IVFs with genetic testing. 1xday5 embryo and came back genetically good but turned into a chemical pregnancy and the other one with 4xday5 embryos (2 bad dna, 1 good and 1 inconvlusive). I’m pregnant (7+mo) with the good embryo now. Things are a bit blurry with all the treatments and ups and downs now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Garrett)
Very attentive and responsive. Really cares for us. Really knowledgeable and organized!!
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Don’t know, insurance covered most of it. Used HSA for drugs but can’t really remember the cost. Genetic was expensive too but can’t remember the final cost.
Describe Max Ezzati's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Dr Ezzati talked to us about the benefits and risks of multiple transfers. Our first IVF we transfer 2 (untested). I always felt confident with the proposed transfer.

Treated 2017 - 2020
It was a very long journey but Dr. Kim and his team ultimately delivered (I graduated from the clinic after my fifth transfer which resulted in a pregnancy). Dr. Kim is kind, calm and patient. He has a really steady and gentle hand in procedures - other doctors will ram a probe painfully but Dr. Kim avoids that. He takes the time to explain things too. He doesn’t over promise and is science based. What I appreciate about him is that he doesn’t push outlandish IVF add-ons, but he is still willing to try things when you specifically request it (for example, I asked to do karyotype testing even though it wouldn’t be super helpful or didn’t seem particularly needed, and he was willing to let me do it upon request). At many points during the process, I wanted to change things up or do things a certain way, and while Dr. Kim indicated that we didn’t have to do things that way but was willing to accommodate, a lot of his advice (especially around luck of the draw) ended up being true in the end. One thing that I appreciated too was that given some of my complicated history, he made it a point to see me every time, even on his surgery days and for basic monitoring. (That is pretty rare at other clinics.) I was happy in the end with my treatment.
If you are a hard case, it may be harder to find the cause quickly because PAMF doesn’t automatically do things like DNA fragmentation tests, karyotype testing, ERAs, Receptiva testing, etc. You have to be an advocate for stuff like that. But if you raise it, PAMF will entertain the request but discuss the facts and science with you (and if the benefit is only marginal, they may be discouraging of pursuing it)...Honestly, PAMF isn’t the sexy clinic around here (unlike CCRM, Spring or Dr. Aimee) but don’t let that stop you from considering PAMF. Sure, you won’t have star VIP treatment, but after talking to other people who visit other local clinics here, I have grown to appreciate PAMF’s quiet but solid approach. PAMF runs smoothly. You don’t have ridiculously long waits (unlike Kaiser). PAMF stays focused on the proven science. I think some of the bad reviews of this practice were from a long time ago, but I think PAMF must have made a lot of progress since then in improving their services because a lot of the criticism seems unfair.
How was your experience with Alexis Kim at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexis Kim at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Kim is solid if you fit in a box or are an easy case. If you are a hard case, it may be harder to find the cause quickly because PAMF doesn’t automatically do things like DNA fragmentation tests, karyotype testing, ERAs, Receptiva testing, etc. You have to be an advocate for stuff like that. But if you raise it, PAMF will entertain the request but discuss the facts and science with you (and if the benefit is only marginal, they may be discouraging of pursuing it).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexis Kim at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
My doctor always remembered my name and history. He always was very patient and kind.
Describe the protocols Alexis Kim used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
Ultimately what worked was antagonist and Day 5 transfer with no PGS testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Kristi )
I bombarded my coordinator with a gabillion questions and requests. She or another team member never forgot to respond or help. Everything was timely. I have witnessed no major mistakes. The group operates very well. I did talk to another local clinic since I was going to be forced to switch clinics due to an insurance change had my last FET not worked, and I was surprised at how much more disorganized this other famous clinic was. It made me miss PAMF - the Sutter Health app makes communication so easy. The PAMF nurses were also very kind about me graduating and asked me to stay in touch and send pictures. Some of the OR nurses are sweethearts - one day when I went for a transfer, I learned that there was nothing to transfer and burst out in tears, and a kind nurse offered me a hug which I really needed. I really appreciated her compassion.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexis Kim at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
I had unlimited IVF coverage through my employer so I have no idea what anything cost. But I was impressed that they processed my insurance efficiently and never tried to unfairly bill me for things covered by insurance.
Describe Alexis Kim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
PAMF is pretty strict if you are under 35 with single embryo transfers.
Alexis Kim
San Jose

He took the time to explain everything to us fully and answered all of our questions. He always greets us with a smile and puts us at ease during our treatment by explaining things to us in layman’s terms. ... Unfortunately, the second cycle also did not work. He recommended continuing with iui for 1-4 more cycles, but I wanted to proceed with ivf ... He is very empathetic and that makes a difference in our care.
This clinic [Palo Alto Medical Foundation] has staff working everyday of the week to accommodate all cycles and timing of procedures and appointments. It was easy to get an appointment with an iui coordinator, but took a little bit longer to get an appointment with the ivf coordinator (~3 weeks). ... The entire staff is caring, kind, and discreet. I have not encountered any rude staff members. They all provide great care for their patients.
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
From our first meeting with Dr Ezzati, we felt confident that we picked the right doctor. He took the time to explain everything to us fully and answered all of our questions. He always greets us with a smile and puts us at ease during our treatment by explaining things to us in layman’s terms. It feels great to know what’s going on through every phase of treatment instead of going in blind.
Don’t be afraid to ask Dr Ezzati your questions. He is more than happy to explain things to you and give you the time you need and deserve.
Dr. Ezzati took the time to explain everything to me and always recommend his expert opinion, but still took the time to listen to our thoughts and opinions. He is very empathetic and that makes a difference in our care.
I’ve tried two cycles of clomid with my obgyn (which were unsuccessful) before I started seeing Dr Ezzati. Dr Ezzati wanted to track my baseline measures with clomid and iui before adding any other medications. We used 100 mg of clomid days 3-7, which produced two dominant follicles, but the iui was unsuccessful. The second cycle he added gonal-f injections in addition to the clomid and made sure to track my progress. Unfortunately, the second cycle also did not work. He recommended continuing with iui for 1-4 more cycles, but I wanted to proceed with ivf, which after explaining the risks and benefits, he agreed to if we were ready. I am currently in the middle of my ivf cycle and am happy with the care that I am receiving.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Garrett )
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
This clinic has staff working everyday of the week to accommodate all cycles and timing of procedures and appointments. It was easy to get an appointment with an iui coordinator, but took a little bit longer to get an appointment with the ivf coordinator (~3 weeks). I am also an inpatient person, so that may not be long in other people’s opinion.
I do not remember
Dr Ezzati and the other PAMF Doctors are all about single embryo transfers and making a single healthy baby. He understands that there are increased risk with multiples, which could be a danger to both mom and the babies, and does not want to take any risks. There are exceptions including age that might change that, but generally they seem to aim for one healthy baby at a time.
Treated 2015 - 2017
When beta was confirmed, he [Dr. Anthony Dobson] started me on lovonox for 12 weeks. This resulted in my 5 month old daughter...I was on low dosages of each because of my PCOS and I could be easily over stimulated. I stimmed for two and a half weeks. I had 44 eggs, and did an ICSI split. 19 fertilized with ICSI and 1 the traditional way. I ended up with 9 day 5 blasts...He takes the time to talk about treatment, next steps, and what each step will entail. My first visit, he spent 2 hours talking through IVF and what I could expect. He took the time to answer my messages at 10:30 at night and was always willing to talk when I had questions.
They [Palo Alto Medical Foundation] were great. They always were able to find me an appointment, whether it was with my dr or not. They were flexible in scheduling me as early as possible because of my work. The secretaries were very responsive. They are a very busy practice, so it was sometimes hard to get squeezed in, but they did it!...She [the nurse] was amazing. She called me back after ever question, guided me through each of the transfers, and called me the minute my beta was availible.
How was your experience with Anthony Dobson at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
He is kind and caring. He takes the time to talk about treatment, next steps, and what each step will entail. My first visit, he spent 2 hours talking through IVF and what I could expect. He took the time to answer my messages at 10:30 at night and was always willing to talk when I had questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anthony Dobson at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Get on his list! He cares deeply about each of his patients. I would also recommend asking as many questions as you feel you need to understand the process. He’s willing to answer them
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anthony Dobson at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
He took great interest in our case. When we had several miscarriages, he really took the time to find out why, and recommend a course of treatment that might fix the issue and it did. He was just as excited as me when the heartbeat appeared on my last ultrasound.
Describe the protocols Anthony Dobson used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
For my retrieval, they used ganarelix, follistom, and menopure. I was on low dosages of each because of my PCOS and I could be easily over stimulated. I stimmed for two and a half weeks. I had 44 eggs, and did an ICSI split. 19 fertilized with ICSI and 1 the traditional way. I ended up with 9 day 5 blasts. We transfered one fresh on day 3. This did not result in a pregnancy. My first FET we did oral estrace 3 Times a day and then vaginal estrace after 10 days to increase lining. Also used Lupron for two weeks. PIO shots began 5 days before transfer. This resulted in a blighted ovum at 7 weeks. Since this protocol was successful in getting me pregnant, we used the same protocol with the addition to estrogen patches for lining support. This resulted in a miscarriage at 5 weeks. My final FET was similar with the addition of baby aspirin and 2 estrogen patches. When beta was confirmed, he started me on lovonox for 12 weeks. This resulted in my 5 month old daughter
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Kim Haas)
She was amazing. She called me back after ever question, guided me through each of the transfers, and called me the minute my beta was availible.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
They were great. They always were able to find me an appointment, whether it was with my dr or not. They were flexible in scheduling me as early as possible because of my work. The secretaries were very responsive. They are a very busy practice, so it was sometimes hard to get squeezed in, but they did it!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anthony Dobson at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Initial cost for retrieval, fresh transfer, and one FET was $14565. Cost of meds was $1500. For each FET after that, it was approx 4,500 and meds were $400-500.
Describe Anthony Dobson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
He suggested because I was 29/30 at the age of transfers, one embryo was our best shot because I had a high chance of multiples with more than one embryo
Anthony Dobson
Treated 2015
she [Dr. Salli Tazuke] recommended 3-4 rounds of IUI with injectables...was warm, wonderful, kind, and gave me ample time in every visit. She made sure she answered all my questions and told me she would be happy to further answer mine or my partner's questions via email. Once my test results were in, she gave me a very clear idea of the road ahead, including IUIs, IVF, the egg retrieval process, ET, selective reduction (if reqd), etc. One time the clinic miscommunicated my appointment timing to me and Dr. Tazuke was kind enough to apologise in person, along with her head nurse, the receptionist, and the clinic manager. They also arranged for me to have lunch in the clinic, paid for my gas, and made time to see me on the same day. I am completely satisfied with PAMF as well as Dr. Tazuke.
The wait time to get seen for the first time at PAMF was about 4-8 weeks (in 2015). Other than this, I have no really major complaints - the clinic is accessible and well-run. The web interface is a big help in getting access to test results or doctors' instructions. Nursing staff and doctors answer emails within one working day...The nursing staff were always friendly and organized. My appointments happened on time and the nurses were aware of the further instructions they had to give me.
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Although I was with Dr. Salli Tazuke from an initial consult until before the first IUI (at which point we moved to another country), I felt that Dr. Salli Tazuke was very considerate and intelligent, and gave me a very accurate picture of the road ahead. She fully informed me of my diminished ovarian reserve, and said that we should do only 3-4 IUIs instead of the recommended 6. She also recommended starting IUIs directly, instead of timed intercourse with Clomid/injectables. She gave me plenty of reading material and was always available to meet me, and to answer my questions directly or via email. She was up to date with my test results and sent me notes on what the results meant, through the hospital's web interface.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Book an appointment well in advance. All the doctors at PAMF's fertility practice were booked solid for 4-8 weeks at any given time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Tazuke was warm, wonderful, kind, and gave me ample time in every visit. She made sure she answered all my questions and told me she would be happy to further answer mine or my partner's questions via email. Once my test results were in, she gave me a very clear idea of the road ahead, including IUIs, IVF, the egg retrieval process, ET, selective reduction (if reqd), etc. One time the clinic miscommunicated my appointment timing to me and Dr. Tazuke was kind enough to apologise in person, along with her head nurse, the receptionist, and the clinic manager. They also arranged for me to have lunch in the clinic, paid for my gas, and made time to see me on the same day. I am completely satisfied with PAMF as well as Dr. Tazuke.
Describe the protocols Salli Tazuke used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
I did not get to the treatment stage with Dr. Tazuke (I moved before then) - but she recommended 3-4 rounds of IUI with injectables, which is what my next doctor started me on.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
None. Our insurance covered all of it.
Salli Tazuke
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
Palo Alto - El Camino (closed)
Treated 2020
Dr. Ezatti truly took the time to walk through the whole IVF process and it was clear how important it is to him that his patients understand each step of the way...We’ve only gone through consultation and baseline testing with Dr. Ezatti but he has done a great job explaining every step of the process, thoroughly reviewing our test results, and setting expectations and timelines for next steps...Would highly recommend him. He is caring and compassionate and wants to do everything to ensure treatment works for you.
The clinic [Palo Alto Medical Foundation] seems to be efficient and usually on-time. We have had some issue where they scheduled us for two appointments in one day to reduce the number of times we would have to take off work (we live over an hour away) and then cancelled one the day before because we had not completed all the prerequisites needed for that specific appointment. This seemed to be an honest mistake as they always do what they can to accommodate us.
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
She was running behind one day that we were there but apologized profusely and it was obvious how much she cared. She was thorough in reviewing steps and protocols.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
The clinic seems to be efficient and usually on-time. We have had some issue where they scheduled us for two appointments in one day to reduce the number of times we would have to take off work (we live over an hour away) and then cancelled one the day before because we had not completed all the prerequisites needed for that specific appointment. This seemed to be an honest mistake as they always do what they can to accommodate us.
~$25k for IVF with PGT
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Scheduling issue where appointment was cancelled two days prior due to us not having completed prerequisites we were not aware of
Treated 2019 - 2020
We used estrace priming protocol [with Dr. Max Ezzati] due to low ovarian reserve. We did a 3 day transfer...I will be trying donor eggs moving forward. I was monitored heavily to see if follicles where ready for egg retrieval. 3 of the six eggs retrieved where immature and 3 were fertilized. Only 2 fertilized correctly...He was very clear on his expectations and spent a lot of time explaining everything to me so that I felt confident in what I was doing
This clinic [Palo Alto Medical Foundation] was wonderful. From the front desk to the lab people, they get to know you and are on your side...Everyone was very kind and welcoming. My chances of success was so low it was hard to face everyone. They maintained their support...$10,000 without meds...We used estrace priming protocol due to low ovarian reserve. We did a 3 day transfer....I will be trying donor eggs moving forward. I was monitored heavily to see if follicles where ready for egg retrieval. 3 of the six eggs retrieved where immature and 3 were fertilized. Only 2 fertilized correctly..
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
He is intelligent and sincerely wants to help me with my end result. Sometimes I didnt want to hear what he was saying; he was caring and compassionate and kind. This was reassuring. If I had questions he was patient and took the time to listen to me. I was very appreciative!
He is honest and direct yet kind and supportive. Listen and ask question even if you feel the questions will are a repeat of what was discussed earlier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Kristen)
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Relationships are formed and I think that is very important when going through something that is so emotional like this. It's a journey and we need positivity and support. This clinic was wonderful. From the front desk to the lab people, they get to know you and are on your side
$10,000 without meds
San Jose
Dr. Mary is kind and compassionate. She spent good time reviewing our case and created a clear plan going forward. She has been available for communication thus far and has not run over 20 minutes late for any of our appointments. ... The plan so far is: estrogen priming followed by a lupron downreg protocol. St in meds include: Follistim or Gonal-F and menopur. We will use conventional fertilization.
Staff [Palo Alto Medical Foundation] seems accessible and there has been a good response time for all questions we've asked. ... We haven't been able to see our RE for all appointments. ... All the staff so far have been wonderful, kind and accessible. I've received responses from my RE in a timely manner both email and voicemail. ... We've only met with her [nurse] once so far. She was timely, clear, thorough and answered all our questions. We did not feel rushed.
How was your experience with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
You may not be able to see Dr. Mary for each treatment. She acknowledged that she does not specialize in autoimmune infertility, but makes appropriate referrals to a clinic nearby that does with whom she works closely.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Describe the protocols Mary Abusief used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Justine Law as, RN)
We've only met with her once so far. She was timely, clear, thorough and answered all our questions. We did not feel rushed.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
It's far away from us. We chose this clinic as it is in network work our insurance. Because we had to stay in network due to insurance coverage, we researched all the doctors to find the best fit for us. They have clinics all over the SF Bay area, which can be convenient or tricky. We haven't been able to see our RE for all appointments. Staff seems accessible and there has been a good response time for all questions we've asked.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
We're still figuring this out. Estimated to be $15,000 for IVF. Additional for our FET.
Describe Mary Abusief's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
With PGS testing , the recommendation is a single embryo transfer
Treated 2018 - 2019
[Dr. Abusief] has been amazing. She always stops and listens to all my concerns and thoroughly and thoughtfully answers every question. She responds to e-mail and phone messages quickly. Dr. A has been willing to work with me and factor in what I am comfortable with, rather than just telling me what to do. She is right there on our team with us...was incredibly understanding and supportive of me going at my own pace. I never felt pressured or like a number in any way. A year ago I would have never believed that I would be brave enough to undergo a hysteroscopy and do 4 medicated Luis. Dr. Abusief's support all the way through was really key in helping me overcome my fear.
I saw the doctors [at PAMF] much more than the nursing staff. My interactions with the nursing staff were brief but positive. They were helpful reaching out and making sure everything was scheduled...There are multiple doctors you may see, which I actually saw as a strength. You can also to try to schedule things so you can see your own doctor as much as possible. They are open every single day, which makes scheduling so much easier.
How was your experience with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. A told us what the normal protocols were, but was also flexible and patient when I asked about possible deviations. It took a lot of effort for me to go to a fertility doctor, and at first I was very scared. Dr. A was incredibly understanding and supportive of me going at my own pace. I never felt pressured or like a number in any way. A year ago I would have never believed that I would be brave enough to undergo a hysteroscopy and do 4 medicated Luis. Dr. Abusief's support all the way through was really key in helping me overcome my fear.
Be honest and ask a lot of questions.
Dr. A has been amazing. She always stops and listens to all my concerns and thoroughly and thoughtfully answers every question. She responds to e-mail and phone messages quickly. Dr. A has been willing to work with me and factor in what I am comfortable with, rather than just telling me what to do. She is right there on our team with us.
Letrozole, progesterone, orvidrel
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
I saw the doctors much more than the nursing staff. My interactions with the nursing staff were brief but positive. They were helpful reaching out and making sure everything was scheduled.

Treated 2016
PAMF Infertility Group is a collection of REIs, so expect to see her [Dr. Mary Abusief's] colleagues along the way. The good news is that you have many people thinking about your case, the bad news is that you won't see her every time...very kind and compassionate. She even called me the night that my fresh transfer did not work to make sure that we had a plan I felt comfortable with going forward. She goes above and beyond.
I think this is hit or miss [with the nurses at Palo Alto Medical Foundation]. I had two coordinators. The first was not so good and not communicating well - hard to ask questions when I needed it. The second was much better and more responsive...Expect to see multiple providers - not just your primary REI. My first coordinator was not that good. Second was much better. Sometimes hard to get on the calendar and have to push to move forward. Also I found the billing department confusing.
How was your experience with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Abusief was very kind and compassionate. She even called me the night that my fresh transfer did not work to make sure that we had a plan I felt comfortable with going forward. She goes above and beyond.
PAMF Infertility Group is a collection of REIs, so expect to see her colleagues along the way. The good news is that you have many people thinking about your case, the bad news is that you won't see her every time. I didn't mind because I understand that she has a family too and cannot be there every day.
Very compassionate and warm.
Don't remember the details.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
I think this is hit or miss. I had two coordinators. The first was not so good and not communicating well - hard to ask questions when I needed it. The second was much better and more responsive.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Covered by insurance, except meds.
PAMF's primary goal is a single healthy delivery as this is the healthiest for baby and mommy. I did only single embryo transfers.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
When scheduling my frozen transfer, I had to call 3 times before the coordinator returned my call. Turns out my old coordinator left and I was not assigned a new one.
Treated 2020
Dr. Ezzati was excellent, very thorough and kind.He explained everything and was realistic and optimistic at the same time. He answered all my questions. He put me at ease and made me feel comfortable...I am still in the IVF process using frozen eggs. We discussed the reality and cost of doing another IVF round with my own eggs but ultimately the donor eggs are a better fit for me. Right now everything is on hold due to Covid 19 but once things reopen we'll proceed to the embryo implantation step.
[My nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation] is absolutely wonderful and very experienced...This is a great clinic in comparison to the others nearby. Particularly because there is more than one doctor to choose from and the team is well staffed and educated. The wait time is small and everyone shows you respect and dignity...This doctor [Dr. Ezzati] performed a saline ultra sound on me and was so gentle, explaining everything. I had a terrible experience with HSG test before a d he made sure I did not have pain for this procedure. His assistant was also very good.
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
I would recommend seeing him. He's a good doctor.
This doctor performed a saline ultra sound on me and was so gentle, explaining everything. I had a terrible experience with HSG test before a d he made sure I did not have pain for this procedure. His assistant was also very good.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Amy Solis)
Any is absolutely wonderful and very experienced.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
16,000 for frozen eggs , 13,000 IVF treatment without insurance.
Treated 2012
My husband and I move 2 hours away and still chose to see her while struggling with infertility....I would recommend her over any other doctor in the area.... Dr. Abusief is very thorough away makes sure to lay out all of your options as well as advise of any supplements or medication that you may need. I appreciate that she isn't judgmental and never makes you feel uncomfortable.
My husband and I move[d] 2 hours away [from Palo Alto Medical Foundation Fertility] and still chose to see her [Dr. Abusief] while struggling with infertility....I would recommend her over any other doctor in the area.... Dr. Abusief is very thorough away makes sure to lay out all of your options as well as advise of any supplements or medication that you may need. I appreciate that she isn't judgmental and never makes you feel uncomfortable.
How was your experience with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Abusief has been a part of our fertility journey for about 5 years. From the first moment I met her, she was warm, caring, understanding, and reassuring. My husband and I move 2 hours away and still chose to see her while struggling with infertility. Dr. Abusief is very thorough away makes sure to lay out all of your options as well as advise of any supplements or medication that you may need. I appreciate that she isn't judgmental and never makes you feel uncomfortable. I'm obese, but I'm healthy and have gained weight because of hormone imbalances and she has always made me feel very comfortable and laid out all of my options from the beginning. I would recommend her over any other doctor in the area.
Know that she will always have a plan and your best interest at heart.
Dr. Abusief has always been very compassionate and even after not seeing me for 3 years knew exactly who we were and what we needed to do. She cares about the patients and making them parents and that's what's important.

Treated 2010 - 2013
She's great. Felt like a personal, caring environment
There was still a lot of responsibility I felt that i had to own as a patient, Felt like i had to monitor my own drug supplies
She's great. Felt like a personal, caring environment
None
Genuinely liked the people at the office, felt supported
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
There was still a lot of responsibility I felt that i had to own as a patient
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Small clinic with major hospital affiliation
As expected and covered by insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Felt like i had to monitor my own drug supplies
Treated 2012 - 2013
She is incredibly warm, empathetic, sensitive, and listened to our concerns. She answered our questions with patience and care....Excellent physician and excellent bedside manner...You found the right person. Be grateful to be getting excellent care.
Very well run clinic. Honest practice...Shawnda was awesome. Organized, sensitive, encouraging. Even humorous at times when we invited her humor. Very respectful and hopeful for us...She [Dr Mary Abusief] is incredibly warm, empathetic, sensitive, and listened to our concerns. She answered our questions with patience and care....Excellent physician and excellent bedside manner...You found the right person. Be grateful to be getting excellent care.
How was your experience with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Excellent physician and excellent bedside manner.
You found the right person. Be grateful to be getting excellent care.
I don't feel comfortable sharing this here.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Shawnda)
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Very well run clinic. Honest practice.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Keyhan always came in to our appointments with such warmth and friendliness. She always too time to check in with me, ask questions and respond to my questions...is very professional and compassionate...Most importantly you can feel her sincerity and care for her patients...Sometimes I came in with questions based on my own research and she would always come back to me after looking into it herself. I appreciated her openness. There were also a couple of times where she ensured to meet with us even on days where she was scheduled for surgery. She also personally checked in with us via call when we were concerned early on in our pregnancy even when she was on vacation. Dr. Keyhan’s personality and knowledge certainly made fertility treatments easier for us.
Very easy to contact and communicate with the clinic [Palo Alto Medical Foundation]. From the receptionists, to the nurses to doctors...communciation was clear and quick (via call and on MyHealthOnline). Appointments were always on time...We did timed intercourse by starting on a 5 day treatment of Letrozole...Dr. Keyhan always came in to our appointments with such warmth and friendliness. She always too time to check in with me, ask questions and respond to my questions.
How was your experience with Sanaz Keyhan at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Keyhan is very professional and compassionate. She always took her time during her appointments with us and ensured all our questions and concerns were answered. Most importantly you can feel her sincerity and care for her patients. She brings a warm, friendly and positive vibe every single time. Sometimes I came in with questions based on my own research and she would always come back to me after looking into it herself. I appreciated her openness. There were also a couple of times where she ensured to meet with us even on days where she was scheduled for surgery. She also personally checked in with us via call when we were concerned early on in our pregnancy even when she was on vacation. Dr. Keyhan’s personality and knowledge certainly made fertility treatments easier for us.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanaz Keyhan at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Describe the protocols Sanaz Keyhan used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
As i have anovulation/PCOs. We did timed intercourse by starting on a 5 day treatment of Letrozole (starting around day 3 of cycle). Initially we started with 2.5mg but eventually ended up using 7.5mg as my body did not respond to the lower dose. Each month I ovulated with about 3 times using ovidrel to trigger ovulation (I had high fertility detected via ovulation kit but did not reach peak fertility by the time expected). Along with Letrozole I took 10mg dexamethasone for 10 days at the start of the cycle to lower DHEAs levels.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Very easy to contact and communicate with the clinic. From the receptionists, to the nurses to doctors.. communciation was clear and quick (via call and on MyHealthOnline). Appointments were always on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanaz Keyhan at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Per my Anthem Blue Cross insurance, for timed intercourse and oral medication and injectables I only had to pay co-pay of $25 per visit and about $100 for the injectable medication which I didn’t need each cycle.
Sanaz Keyhan