7.3

Fremont
3200 Kearney Street
Fremont, CA 94538
800-597-2234
Palo Alto - El Camino (closed)
795 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94301
2581 Samaritan Dr.
San Jose, CA 95124

Treated 2012
My husband and I move 2 hours away and still chose to see her while struggling with infertility....I would recommend her over any other doctor in the area.... Dr. Abusief is very thorough away makes sure to lay out all of your options as well as advise of any supplements or medication that you may need. I appreciate that she isn't judgmental and never makes you feel uncomfortable.
My husband and I move[d] 2 hours away [from Palo Alto Medical Foundation Fertility] and still chose to see her [Dr. Abusief] while struggling with infertility....I would recommend her over any other doctor in the area.... Dr. Abusief is very thorough away makes sure to lay out all of your options as well as advise of any supplements or medication that you may need. I appreciate that she isn't judgmental and never makes you feel uncomfortable.
How was your experience with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Abusief has been a part of our fertility journey for about 5 years. From the first moment I met her, she was warm, caring, understanding, and reassuring. My husband and I move 2 hours away and still chose to see her while struggling with infertility. Dr. Abusief is very thorough away makes sure to lay out all of your options as well as advise of any supplements or medication that you may need. I appreciate that she isn't judgmental and never makes you feel uncomfortable. I'm obese, but I'm healthy and have gained weight because of hormone imbalances and she has always made me feel very comfortable and laid out all of my options from the beginning. I would recommend her over any other doctor in the area.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Know that she will always have a plan and your best interest at heart.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Abusief has always been very compassionate and even after not seeing me for 3 years knew exactly who we were and what we needed to do. She cares about the patients and making them parents and that's what's important.

Treated 2017
I thought that she [Dr. Sunny Jun] was a good doctor. Unfortunately, she is leaving for another clinic. IF I could follow her, I would! I had lower expectations going in this time, and it was not successful. She was a fast and good communicator via email...She had a warm manner, friendly
They [the staff at Palo Alto Medical Foundation] didn't seem to know what was going on, nor did they seem knowledgeable. They also forgot to send my prescriptions in, and these are time sensitive! They also refused to give me a prescription prior to my ultrasound, resulting in MUCH higher drug prices vs being able to use a mail-order pharmacy. Frustrating practices...Hard to schedule appointments, hard to communicate, and they didn' tknow what stage of the cycle I was in, nor did they seem knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Sunny Jun at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
I thought that she was a good doctor. Unfortunately, she is leaving for another clinic. IF I could follow her, I would! I had lower expectations going in this time, and it was not successful. She was a fast and good communicator via email.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sunny Jun at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sunny Jun at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
She had a warm manner, friendly
Describe the protocols Sunny Jun used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
Use of progesterone (but not enough for me), use of Clomid vs. letrozole
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
I didn't like how the scheduling worked - it was really disorganized.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sunny Jun at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
~$1000/iui cycle $350/ultrasound (2 required)
Describe Sunny Jun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
They didn't seem to know what was going on, nor did they seem knowledgeable. They also forgot to send my prescriptions in, and these are time sensitive! They also refused to give me a prescription prior to my ultrasound, resulting in MUCH higher drug prices vs being able to use a mail-order pharmacy. Frustrating practices.
Sunny Jun

Treated 2015 - 2016
[Dr. Abusief] Did nothing for me except take my money. Spend thousands over the months and got no answers or success. Treatment never changed and was never taken further.... They don’t complete a full work up to find the infertility issue causing you to not get pregnant. I spent months going here with no results and lots of money spent. Went to a new clinic tests ran. Diagnosis made. One cycle and boom.
They [Palo Alto Medical Foundation] don’t complete a full work up to find the infertility issue causing you to not get pregnant. I spent months going here with no results and lots of money spent. Went to a new clinic tests ran. Diagnosis made. One cycle and boom. Pregnant and went full term. Don’t go the this clinic.... Test were not ran. Bills not billed correctly. Total mess and waste of time and money... Spend thousands over the months and got no answers or success. Treatment never changed and was never taken further.
How was your experience with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Did nothing for me except take my money. Spend thousands over the months and got no answers or success. Treatment never changed and was never taken further. Had to seek another clinic who ran tests that were supposedly already done that gave me answers and ultimately led to the co caption of my daughter.
Find a better doctor
No results or direction.
Ok
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
They don’t complete a full work up to find the infertility issue causing you to not get pregnant. I spent months going here with no results and lots of money spent. Went to a new clinic tests ran. Diagnosis made. One cycle and boom. Pregnant and went full term. Don’t go the this clinic. Got to RSC Soo much better in all aspects.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Expensive

Treated 2010 - 2013
She's great. Felt like a personal, caring environment
There was still a lot of responsibility I felt that i had to own as a patient, Felt like i had to monitor my own drug supplies
She's great. Felt like a personal, caring environment
None
Genuinely liked the people at the office, felt supported
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
There was still a lot of responsibility I felt that i had to own as a patient
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Small clinic with major hospital affiliation
As expected and covered by insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Felt like i had to monitor my own drug supplies
Treated 2012 - 2013
She is incredibly warm, empathetic, sensitive, and listened to our concerns. She answered our questions with patience and care....Excellent physician and excellent bedside manner...You found the right person. Be grateful to be getting excellent care.
Very well run clinic. Honest practice...Shawnda was awesome. Organized, sensitive, encouraging. Even humorous at times when we invited her humor. Very respectful and hopeful for us...She [Dr Mary Abusief] is incredibly warm, empathetic, sensitive, and listened to our concerns. She answered our questions with patience and care....Excellent physician and excellent bedside manner...You found the right person. Be grateful to be getting excellent care.
How was your experience with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Excellent physician and excellent bedside manner.
You found the right person. Be grateful to be getting excellent care.
Describe the protocols Mary Abusief used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
I don't feel comfortable sharing this here.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Shawnda)
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Very well run clinic. Honest practice.
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Keyhan always came in to our appointments with such warmth and friendliness. She always too time to check in with me, ask questions and respond to my questions...is very professional and compassionate...Most importantly you can feel her sincerity and care for her patients...Sometimes I came in with questions based on my own research and she would always come back to me after looking into it herself. I appreciated her openness. There were also a couple of times where she ensured to meet with us even on days where she was scheduled for surgery. She also personally checked in with us via call when we were concerned early on in our pregnancy even when she was on vacation. Dr. Keyhan’s personality and knowledge certainly made fertility treatments easier for us.
Very easy to contact and communicate with the clinic [Palo Alto Medical Foundation]. From the receptionists, to the nurses to doctors...communciation was clear and quick (via call and on MyHealthOnline). Appointments were always on time...We did timed intercourse by starting on a 5 day treatment of Letrozole...Dr. Keyhan always came in to our appointments with such warmth and friendliness. She always too time to check in with me, ask questions and respond to my questions.
How was your experience with Sanaz Keyhan at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Keyhan is very professional and compassionate. She always took her time during her appointments with us and ensured all our questions and concerns were answered. Most importantly you can feel her sincerity and care for her patients. She brings a warm, friendly and positive vibe every single time. Sometimes I came in with questions based on my own research and she would always come back to me after looking into it herself. I appreciated her openness. There were also a couple of times where she ensured to meet with us even on days where she was scheduled for surgery. She also personally checked in with us via call when we were concerned early on in our pregnancy even when she was on vacation. Dr. Keyhan’s personality and knowledge certainly made fertility treatments easier for us.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanaz Keyhan at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Describe the protocols Sanaz Keyhan used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
As i have anovulation/PCOs. We did timed intercourse by starting on a 5 day treatment of Letrozole (starting around day 3 of cycle). Initially we started with 2.5mg but eventually ended up using 7.5mg as my body did not respond to the lower dose. Each month I ovulated with about 3 times using ovidrel to trigger ovulation (I had high fertility detected via ovulation kit but did not reach peak fertility by the time expected). Along with Letrozole I took 10mg dexamethasone for 10 days at the start of the cycle to lower DHEAs levels.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Very easy to contact and communicate with the clinic. From the receptionists, to the nurses to doctors.. communciation was clear and quick (via call and on MyHealthOnline). Appointments were always on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanaz Keyhan at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Per my Anthem Blue Cross insurance, for timed intercourse and oral medication and injectables I only had to pay co-pay of $25 per visit and about $100 for the injectable medication which I didn’t need each cycle.
Sanaz Keyhan