7.3

Fremont
3200 Kearney Street
Fremont, CA 94538
800-597-2234
Palo Alto - El Camino (closed)
795 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94301
2581 Samaritan Dr.
San Jose, CA 95124

His approach with the transvaginal ultrasounds is extremely gentle! However, with two failed transfers, he and the coordinator didn't have much input except that it was within the expected odds. ... Frozen Embryo Transfers - estradiol and progesterone only. Two failed transfers. ... I felt like I really had to advocate for more testing and changes in protocol. ... Dr. Kim performed the transfer but was not my main doctor for that round of treatment. ... Fresh embryo transfer resulted in a live birth.
I think they [Palo Alto Medical Foundation] are behind on diagnostic testing options and genetic testing options for embryos. You pretty much have to go to Los Gatos (practically) for any egg retrieval and embryo transfer which can be inconvenient. ... [Nurse] Very responsive, but sometimes scheduling requests were not always granted and without explanation. ... Egg retrieval and fresh transfer: $17K insurance billed, $11K self pay Frozen transfer: $5.3K
How was your experience with Alexis Kim at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
His approach with the transvaginal ultrasounds is extremely gentle! However, with two failed transfers, he and the coordinator didn't have much input except that it was within the expected odds. I felt like I really had to advocate for more testing and changes in protocol.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alexis Kim at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Do some research and be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alexis Kim at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
He is friendly and easy to talk to, but interactions were mainly with a patient coordinator.
Describe the protocols Alexis Kim used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
Fresh embryo transfer resulted in a live birth. Dr. Kim performed the transfer but was not my main doctor for that round of treatment. Frozen Embryo Transfers - estradiol and progesterone only. Two failed transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
I think they are behind on diagnostic testing options and genetic testing options for embryos. You pretty much have to go to Los Gatos (practically) for any egg retrieval and embryo transfer which can be inconvenient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alexis Kim at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe Alexis Kim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
He strongly recommended a single transfer due to the unexplained infertility diagnosis.
Alexis Kim
San Jose

He [Alexis Kim] was very present when I saw him, but it felt like he was always very busy. We didn't ever feel like we had much time to talk, and had to make appointments far far in advance ... He's very methodical about this being a numbers game. Dr. Kim was straightforward with us, but also seemed a bit at a loss in the face of my emotion. He also doesn't seem comfortable with advancements in the field (supplements, PGS, altering retrieval protocols)
PAMF [Palo Alto Medical Foundation] is very busy and hard to get into. The first appointment was 3+ months away from my call, and I had to call them to check that they had received my referral. usually running late. nurses and surgical team were great, and all the doctors I saw were good, but I saw a lot of different doctors for ultrasounds. Really like the online care portal; very easy to get meds
How was your experience with Alexis Kim at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
be prepared for a lot of waiting time between calling for an appointment, consultation, and beginning treatment
He was very present when I saw him, but it felt like he was always very busy. We didn't ever feel like we had much time to talk, and had to make appointments far far in advance
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Very warm and caring
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
PAMF is very busy and hard to get into. The first appointment was 3+ months away from my call, and I had to call them to check that they had received my referral. usually running late. nurses and surgical team were great, and all the doctors I saw were good, but I saw a lot of different doctors for ultrasounds. Really like the online care portal; very easy to get meds
retrieval and fresh transfer were covered by insurance, so only medication copays and $35 copay per visit. Frozen transfer was ~$4k, hysteroscopy was ~2.5K
He was very "here's what is allowed by the guidelines," and even offered to transfer 3 embryos given my age. But the decision was 100% up to us.
Alexis Kim
2017, Unknown Success
He was very clinical not very warm and friendly. I again felt that my age and having previous children put me in a different category and wasn’t given the attention. I felt that it was a waste of his time to get through the appointment...he is clinical. Not the warmest of bedside manor....I had the HSG ultrasound done. All the blood work. My FSH Blood rest has been holding me up. I can’t seem to get it timed correctly.
[PAMF] Very clean. Quiet and easy to manuever. Location was prime for me. I have to travel 45 minutes and it’s right off the freeway. Paperwork was easy to fill out and follow. Haven’t come across any weaknesses yet...they were super friendly and awesome. I felt they had my feelings in mind while going through all this. Although I was told by one that I wasn’t committed enough to trying to have another child.
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Be patient and understand that he is clinical. Not the warmest of bedside manor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
I walked away with the feeling that my age and the fact that I had two children prior put me in the back of the line for treatment.
Describe the protocols Max Ezzati used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
I don’t really remember any of the specific protocols. But I had the HSG ultrasound done. All the blood work. My FSH Blood rest has been holding me up. I can’t seem to get it timed correctly.
They were super friendly and awesome. I felt they had my feelings in mind while going through all this. Although I was told by one that I wasn’t committed enough to trying to have another child.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
I have had $3,000 in expenses so far.
Max Ezzati

2013, Unsuccessful
[PAMF - San Jose] Strengths: small and personalable. Weakness: not on the leading edge of fertility, not a well oiled fertility machine...No complaints [about the nurses], it really boils down to the lab and the doctor...Please look up her statistics on sart.org before moving forward. Yes, she is a very nice doctor, but given that you were are spending tens of thousands of dollars, I would rather have someone with much better statistics...
How was your experience with Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Tazuki was very nice and caring, but I do not think she is on the leading edge of fertility treatments. After my third IUI she realized she had not tested my husband's morphology which was less than 1%. Had we known this we would've gone straight to IVF. Next, she explained the differences between natural IVF and ICSI but did not steer us down the right path given my husband's morphology. I wish she would've been more authoritative in suggesting we do ICSI since she is the expert. Finally, there was no mention of any sort of genetic /chromosome testing which we would've absolutely done the first time around had we know it was an option.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Salli Tazuke at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
She was very caring and had a great bedside manner
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Shawna)
No complaints, it really boils down to the lab and the doctor.
Mentioned in earlier comments
Salli Tazuke
2012, Successful
My husband and I move 2 hours away and still chose to see her while struggling with infertility....I would recommend her over any other doctor in the area.... Dr. Abusief is very thorough away makes sure to lay out all of your options as well as advise of any supplements or medication that you may need. I appreciate that she isn't judgmental and never makes you feel uncomfortable.
My husband and I move[d] 2 hours away [from Palo Alto Medical Foundation Fertility] and still chose to see her [Dr. Abusief] while struggling with infertility....I would recommend her over any other doctor in the area.... Dr. Abusief is very thorough away makes sure to lay out all of your options as well as advise of any supplements or medication that you may need. I appreciate that she isn't judgmental and never makes you feel uncomfortable.
How was your experience with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Abusief has been a part of our fertility journey for about 5 years. From the first moment I met her, she was warm, caring, understanding, and reassuring. My husband and I move 2 hours away and still chose to see her while struggling with infertility. Dr. Abusief is very thorough away makes sure to lay out all of your options as well as advise of any supplements or medication that you may need. I appreciate that she isn't judgmental and never makes you feel uncomfortable. I'm obese, but I'm healthy and have gained weight because of hormone imbalances and she has always made me feel very comfortable and laid out all of my options from the beginning. I would recommend her over any other doctor in the area.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Know that she will always have a plan and your best interest at heart.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Abusief has always been very compassionate and even after not seeing me for 3 years knew exactly who we were and what we needed to do. She cares about the patients and making them parents and that's what's important.
San Jose

I thought that she [Dr. Sunny Jun] was a good doctor. Unfortunately, she is leaving for another clinic. IF I could follow her, I would! I had lower expectations going in this time, and it was not successful. She was a fast and good communicator via email...She had a warm manner, friendly
They [the staff at Palo Alto Medical Foundation] didn't seem to know what was going on, nor did they seem knowledgeable. They also forgot to send my prescriptions in, and these are time sensitive! They also refused to give me a prescription prior to my ultrasound, resulting in MUCH higher drug prices vs being able to use a mail-order pharmacy. Frustrating practices...Hard to schedule appointments, hard to communicate, and they didn' tknow what stage of the cycle I was in, nor did they seem knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Sunny Jun at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
I thought that she was a good doctor. Unfortunately, she is leaving for another clinic. IF I could follow her, I would! I had lower expectations going in this time, and it was not successful. She was a fast and good communicator via email.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sunny Jun at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sunny Jun at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
She had a warm manner, friendly
Describe the protocols Sunny Jun used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
Use of progesterone (but not enough for me), use of Clomid vs. letrozole
I didn't like how the scheduling worked - it was really disorganized.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sunny Jun at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
~$1000/iui cycle $350/ultrasound (2 required)
Describe Sunny Jun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
They didn't seem to know what was going on, nor did they seem knowledgeable. They also forgot to send my prescriptions in, and these are time sensitive! They also refused to give me a prescription prior to my ultrasound, resulting in MUCH higher drug prices vs being able to use a mail-order pharmacy. Frustrating practices.
Sunny Jun

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Abusief] Did nothing for me except take my money. Spend thousands over the months and got no answers or success. Treatment never changed and was never taken further.... They don’t complete a full work up to find the infertility issue causing you to not get pregnant. I spent months going here with no results and lots of money spent. Went to a new clinic tests ran. Diagnosis made. One cycle and boom.
They [Palo Alto Medical Foundation] don’t complete a full work up to find the infertility issue causing you to not get pregnant. I spent months going here with no results and lots of money spent. Went to a new clinic tests ran. Diagnosis made. One cycle and boom. Pregnant and went full term. Don’t go the this clinic.... Test were not ran. Bills not billed correctly. Total mess and waste of time and money... Spend thousands over the months and got no answers or success. Treatment never changed and was never taken further.
How was your experience with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Did nothing for me except take my money. Spend thousands over the months and got no answers or success. Treatment never changed and was never taken further. Had to seek another clinic who ran tests that were supposedly already done that gave me answers and ultimately led to the co caption of my daughter.
Find a better doctor
No results or direction.
Ok
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
They don’t complete a full work up to find the infertility issue causing you to not get pregnant. I spent months going here with no results and lots of money spent. Went to a new clinic tests ran. Diagnosis made. One cycle and boom. Pregnant and went full term. Don’t go the this clinic. Got to RSC Soo much better in all aspects.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Expensive

2010 - 2013, Successful
She's great. Felt like a personal, caring environment
There was still a lot of responsibility I felt that i had to own as a patient, Felt like i had to monitor my own drug supplies
She's great. Felt like a personal, caring environment
None
Genuinely liked the people at the office, felt supported
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
There was still a lot of responsibility I felt that i had to own as a patient
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Small clinic with major hospital affiliation
As expected and covered by insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Felt like i had to monitor my own drug supplies
2012 - 2013, Successful
She is incredibly warm, empathetic, sensitive, and listened to our concerns. She answered our questions with patience and care....Excellent physician and excellent bedside manner...You found the right person. Be grateful to be getting excellent care.
Very well run clinic. Honest practice...Shawnda was awesome. Organized, sensitive, encouraging. Even humorous at times when we invited her humor. Very respectful and hopeful for us...She [Dr Mary Abusief] is incredibly warm, empathetic, sensitive, and listened to our concerns. She answered our questions with patience and care....Excellent physician and excellent bedside manner...You found the right person. Be grateful to be getting excellent care.
How was your experience with Mary Abusief at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Excellent physician and excellent bedside manner.
You found the right person. Be grateful to be getting excellent care.
Describe the protocols Mary Abusief used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
I don't feel comfortable sharing this here.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. (Assigned nurse: Shawnda)
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Very well run clinic. Honest practice.
San Jose
Dr. Keyhan always came in to our appointments with such warmth and friendliness. She always too time to check in with me, ask questions and respond to my questions...is very professional and compassionate...Most importantly you can feel her sincerity and care for her patients...Sometimes I came in with questions based on my own research and she would always come back to me after looking into it herself. I appreciated her openness. There were also a couple of times where she ensured to meet with us even on days where she was scheduled for surgery. She also personally checked in with us via call when we were concerned early on in our pregnancy even when she was on vacation. Dr. Keyhan’s personality and knowledge certainly made fertility treatments easier for us.
Very easy to contact and communicate with the clinic [Palo Alto Medical Foundation]. From the receptionists, to the nurses to doctors...communciation was clear and quick (via call and on MyHealthOnline). Appointments were always on time...We did timed intercourse by starting on a 5 day treatment of Letrozole...Dr. Keyhan always came in to our appointments with such warmth and friendliness. She always too time to check in with me, ask questions and respond to my questions.
How was your experience with Sanaz Keyhan at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Keyhan is very professional and compassionate. She always took her time during her appointments with us and ensured all our questions and concerns were answered. Most importantly you can feel her sincerity and care for her patients. She brings a warm, friendly and positive vibe every single time. Sometimes I came in with questions based on my own research and she would always come back to me after looking into it herself. I appreciated her openness. There were also a couple of times where she ensured to meet with us even on days where she was scheduled for surgery. She also personally checked in with us via call when we were concerned early on in our pregnancy even when she was on vacation. Dr. Keyhan’s personality and knowledge certainly made fertility treatments easier for us.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sanaz Keyhan at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Describe the protocols Sanaz Keyhan used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
As i have anovulation/PCOs. We did timed intercourse by starting on a 5 day treatment of Letrozole (starting around day 3 of cycle). Initially we started with 2.5mg but eventually ended up using 7.5mg as my body did not respond to the lower dose. Each month I ovulated with about 3 times using ovidrel to trigger ovulation (I had high fertility detected via ovulation kit but did not reach peak fertility by the time expected). Along with Letrozole I took 10mg dexamethasone for 10 days at the start of the cycle to lower DHEAs levels.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Very easy to contact and communicate with the clinic. From the receptionists, to the nurses to doctors.. communciation was clear and quick (via call and on MyHealthOnline). Appointments were always on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sanaz Keyhan at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Per my Anthem Blue Cross insurance, for timed intercourse and oral medication and injectables I only had to pay co-pay of $25 per visit and about $100 for the injectable medication which I didn’t need each cycle.
Sanaz Keyhan
San Jose
Dr. Sanaz takes utmost care of her patients. She invests her time both in terms of quality and quantity. She answers all the questions with detailed insight and is very genuine...suggested us to undergo IVF directly without any IUI or other alternatives. It’s because i have low overian reserve with an autoimmune Kidney condition...
Clinic’s staff is friendly and they guide people very well. They help us in scheduling appointments on time and help make any adjustments as needed. I don’t see any weakness. Overall it is a very welcoming place...Each time I meet her[Dr. Keyhan] , I left her office with full of comfort and hope. Connecting with her gives full of positive vibes, which I feel is the crucial thing in any IVF journey
How was your experience with Sanaz Keyhan at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Dr. Sanaz was always welcoming and is a very sweet person. Each time I meet her, I left her office with full of comfort and hope. Connecting with her gives full of positive vibes, which I feel is the crucial thing in any IVF journey. She is the most sweetest and friendly doctor i’ve ever seen. She gave me all the information needed in detailed manner each time, and was never in rush. She listens and answers to all the questions even when the questions are repetitive. Overall, she is a great doctor and fantastic person!
Dr. Sanaz suggested us to undergo IVF directly without any IUI or other alternatives. It’s because i have low overian reserve with an autoimmune Kidney condition. So I thought this is a wise choice. As my egg count is low we ended up retrieving 8 or 9 eggs. so she suggest doing ICSI, which gave us 3 good grade embryos. As my first two transfers (one embryo each) ended up with early miscarriage, we did an ERA test before our last embryo transfer. Results came out normal, but it at least served as a proof that our transfers were done on right time. Luckily, my third transfer gave up positive results and i’m 19 weeks pregnant at the moment.
Sanaz Keyhan
2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Ezzati knows my husband and I by name. He can recall every detail of our previous treatments and asks us how we’re doing in a personal matter. I can tell he truly cares. We adore him as our doctor...Dr. Ezzati always checks to make sure my body is ready for treatment and makes sure that I’m aware of what to expect.
[The Clinic at Palo Alto Medical Foundation is] absolutely amazing. They surpassed all of our expectations. Once you pick your doctor, they are available at all times. You can email your doctor and expect a response within the same day. They explain things thoroughly and are very professional.
How was your experience with Max Ezzati at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
The only “weakness” I can state for our visits with Dr. Ezzati is that he works at two locations and is not always available at our location. However, he is available to us at all times through email. Dr. Ezzati is extremely knowledgeable and always uplifting when we see him. He gives us hope each and every visit. He cares about us as people, not just as patients.
Of all the fertility doctors we’ve seen, he is the most caring. Be prepared to hear EVERY detail. He will never rush the appointment. He’s always there for you!
I didn’t have to deal with one specifically. Each time we came, it was someone new.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
They’re absolutely amazing. They surpassed all of our expectations. Once you pick your doctor, they are available at all times. You can email your doctor and expect a response within the same day. They explain things thoroughly and are very professional.
It was $300 for our initial appointment with Dr. Ezzati. IUI treatments were the usual cost we’ve seen at other clinics.
Describe Max Ezzati's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
He will not do a multiple embryo transfer for someone my age.
Max Ezzati