Pearl Mini-IVF

4510 Executive Dr
San Diego, CA 92121
858-614-6161

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
It’s a small practice so I was only ever seen by Dr. Davis. It was pretty easy to get in touch with her...very kind and reassuring...candid about your recommended treatment plan and possible success rate. After a failed cycle my husband and I had to push to get answers or ask for a change in the procedure (by scheduling a consult). But once we started talking [she] was always open to new ideas and made sure our voices were heard. I do love her practice but unfortunately haven’t seen the results I wanted yet. We are planning on staying with her to do our first round of IVF this June 2022.
One reason my husband and I chose those clinic was because we really liked Dr. Davis, it had a small staff which meant everyone knew us and we saw the same people almost every time. We also were able to have an initial consultation within one month of first calling them. They’re waitlists are short and is very easy to schedule appointments...nursing staff was super helpful and kind. They were very easy to communicate with on the app and would always respond within about a day with personal, thoughtful responses.
How was your experience with Anne Davis at Pearl Mini-IVF?
Dr. Davis is very kind and reassuring, especially during the initial consult. She’s also candid about your recommended treatment plan and possible success rate. After a failed cycle my husband and I had to push to get answers or ask for a change in the procedure (by scheduling a consult). But once we started talking Dr. Davis was always open to new ideas and made sure our voices were heard. I do love her practice but unfortunately haven’t seen the results I wanted yet. We are planning on staying with her to do our first round of IVF this June 2022.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anne Davis at Pearl Mini-IVF?
Express all your concerns, be open and honest, ask questions. She is a very good listener and will truly hear what you want and act thoughtfully.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anne Davis at Pearl Mini-IVF?
It’s a small practice so I was only ever seen by Dr. Davis. It was pretty easy to get in touch with her or the nurses through their app.
Describe the protocols Anne Davis used in your cycles at Pearl Mini-IVF and their degree of success.
My first IUI, I took 100 mg of Clomid for days 3-7 then took an HCG trigger shot about 34 hours before my IUI. When I had my transvaginal ultrasound before the trigger my lining was ~9 and I had 1-3 large follicles. She had me on progesterone suppositories (vaginally- Endometrin), 100 mg once daily after taking a progesterone test and because of my history of spotting during my literal phase. I had a negative beta 12 DPO. My second IUI we switched to 7.5 mg of letrozole days 3-7. During my lining check I had 1-3 good sized follicles but my lining was measuring low (I think close to 6). We still triggered and I had the IUI about 32 hours later. Progesterone supplemented again, this time 100mg twice a day after a low progesterone result from a blood draw. Negative beta 12 DPO. Third IUI was the same protocol as the second one but my lining was slightly better, I think closer to 7. Similar amount of follicles. I triggered 4 hours after my lining check and went in for the IUI about 28 hours later. Same progesterone protocol. Negative beta at 12 DPO. After that Dr. Davis had my AMH tested again and it dropped from 1.2 to .87. She recommended moving onto IVF. I started working at Starbucks for their fertility benefits and quit teaching so we could afford IVF June of 2022. After hearing about Endometritis and connecting those symptoms to mine I asked Dr. Davis for her opinion and she encouraged me to try 100mg of Doxycycline twice a day for 14 days to see if that takes away the spotting. I also have the option to get a biopsy but we are waiting to do that next month because it’s about $1000 out of pocket since my current insurance doesn’t cover anything infertility related.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pearl Mini-IVF. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Wilson and Katie Watts)
The nursing staff was super helpful and kind. They were very easy to communicate with on the app and would always respond within about a day with personal, thoughtful responses.
Describe your experience with Pearl Mini-IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anne Davis at Pearl Mini-IVF.
It was about $1,500 for each IUI, out of pocket/without insurance. So we spent a total of $4,500 on IUIs plus an additional ~$1000 of other tests (genetic, bloodwork). Making the total around $5,500.
Describe Anne Davis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pearl Mini-IVF.
During our initial consult Dr. Davis said that she prefers to only do single embryo transfers because of the risk of multiples with doing more than one. We haven’t started our IVF process with her yet but I would assume that she would only do a single embryo transfer with us at least for the first round. I understand the risks that come with multiples but I would hope that our doctor would take this protocol case by case, especially with someone with a low implantation rate. My husband and I have been trying for 2+ years, 28 cycles and have o my had one chemical pregnancy.
Anne Davis