Genetic counseling: Offered
Spartanburg
1330 Boiling Springs Rd.
Spartanburg, SC 29303
(864)-583-2669
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group to a friend?

He [Dr. Nichols] was prepared with all of my information prior to our appointment. He showed concern and sensitivity to my emotions and went over all of my options...supportive to the fact that I wanted to keep trying a few more rounds of IUI because it is covered by our insurance, but IVF is not covered. He explained in detail the IVF process and patiently answered my questions...performed my HSG test and had a calm/warm personality, which helped to calm me.
Didn't hear back from one of the doctors [at PREG] for over 2 days when waiting for instructions on what to do for my next cycle. Strengths: Almost always able to get in touch with someone on the phone, well trained sensitive/compassionate nursing staff, the 2nd doctor I saw was great, most of the secretaries are friendly and helpful, letting me schedule my IUI in advance to try and work around my work schedule
How was your experience with John Nichols at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He performed my HSG test and had a calm/warm personality, which helped to calm me. For our consultation appointment to go over next steps, after 3 cycles with meds and timed intercourse and 2 IUI's, he was prepared with all of my previous treatment history and had already printed out information and stats IVF and how it would work for me. He was sensitive and supportive to the fact that I wanted to keep trying a few more rounds of IUI because it is covered by our insurance, but IVF is not covered. He explained in detail the IVF process and patiently answered my questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Nichols at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He was prepared with all of my information prior to our appointment. He showed concern and sensitivity to my emotions and went over all of my options.
The two main nurses I've worked with were helpful and compassionate. One was more calm and seemed more caring than the other (but, it was probably a personality preference). Unfortunately, at our first IUI they were short staffed and someone who was filling in at the lab copied my husbands name wrong and wrote the wrong name on his sperm sample. It made for a pretty stressful and upsetting procedure, especially since it was our first time doing an IUI. The next two IUI's went really well and the calmer nurse did them. Overall, I think the nursing staff is sensitive and compassionate and do a great job.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Weaknesses: Way too cold in the clinic (especially when you're having to get undressed for procedures), have had to wait over an hour for a consultation and an IUI, unfriendly secretary when I expressed my concern about wait time (but the other two were friendly!), short window of time to get blood-work done when they were training a new staff member, Didn't hear back from one of the doctors for over 2 days when waiting for instructions on what to do for my next cycle. Strengths: Almost always able to get in touch with someone on the phone, well trained sensitive/compassionate nursing staff, the 2nd doctor I saw was great, most of the secretaries are friendly and helpful, letting me schedule my IUI in advance to try and work around my work schedule
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Twice my meds weren't called in to the correct pharmacy, the doctor didn't get back to me for 2 days when it was time sensitive, a nurse mis-labeled a sperm sample, have had to wait over an hour for 2 appointments, way too cold!

2017 - 2019
[Protocols with Dr. John Nichols] I tried about 3 TICs, 3 IUIs (only went through with 2 due to where the follicles were), 1 IVF (no transfer - all embryos died before freezing), and a laparoscopic surgery to look at Fallopian tubes... I wish he had suggested blood testing for genetic anomalies earlier without my having to bring it up late in the process...Unfortunately he couldn’t explain why all my embryos “fell apart” and I’m not sure if it’s because he truly did not know or if he didn’t feel like he had the time to look into it further.
Some of them [nurses at PREG] were helpful and informative, especially during TIC and IUI attempts. The main nurse assigned for IVF (Lynne) could be nice at times but mostly I found her to lack compassion and felt like she talked down to me. She seemed to be annoyed with her job and got tired of repeating herself, forgetting or not caring that I was in a stressful switching and trying something (IVF) I had never experienced before.
European, Latino
Dr. Nichols (when he was around) explained things very clearly and plainly throughout the TIC, IUI, and IVF process. Unfortunately he couldn’t explain why all my embryos “fell apart” and I’m not sure if it’s because he truly did not know or if he didn’t feel like he had the time to look into it further. Or perhaps because I don’t have money he knew I couldn’t pay for more experimentation. He was wishy-washy about recommending a second try which is why I haven’t pursued anything else yet. I wish he had suggested blood testing for genetic anomalies earlier without my having to bring it up late in the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Nichols at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He speaks plainly.
For example, the day of egg retrieval it seemed as though they were herding a large number of women through the process like animals. There were probably 4-5 women in the same room at any time and they were herded in and out of the operating area. It felt very rushed and impersonal. I would have liked to have had more time to talk with the various people around about what was happening.
Describe the protocols John Nichols used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
I tried about 3 TICs, 3 IUIs (only went through with 2 due to where the follicles were), 1 IVF (no transfer - all embryos died before freezing), and a laparoscopic surgery to look at Fallopian tubes which resulted in “everything looks fine and now you owe 4K that your insurance doesn’t cover too bad we couldn’t tell you that ahead of time”.
Some of them were helpful and informative, especially during TIC and IUI attempts. The main nurse assigned for IVF (Lynne) could be nice at times but mostly I found her to lack compassion and felt like she talked down to me. She seemed to be annoyed with her job and got tired of repeating herself, forgetting or not caring that I was in a stressful switching and trying something (IVF) I had never experienced before.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They seem to run their schedule well. Most appointments were on time and lasted as expected. Weaknesses may be that a lot of the staff seemed annoyed or exhausted to be there which was challenging to deal with when I’m already facing depression about my infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Nichols at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Drugs for TIC were fairly inexpensive due to insurance. IUI procedures were about 500 each, out of pocket. IVF including drugs was about 27,000 out of pocket. Got some refunded due to failure. Laparoscopic procedure was over 30,000 with most covered by insurance but about 4000 out of pocket.
Describe John Nichols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
My doctor did not believe it was safe to transfer more than one embryo at a time and I believe he will not perform those procedures.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Miscommunication about costs of procedures.
Asheville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Nichols at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.

2017 - 2019
We are getting ready to start our first round of ivf with icsi. We have male factor infertility results from cancer treatment. ... We first met dr. Payne over a year ago and absolutely felt like ‘just a number’ in his practice. He seemed overly sure of himself and that he wasn’t interested in our particular situation. ... we decided to give it another shot and have had an entirely different experience with him. He seems more caring and has slowed down to explain everything I have a question about. Overall his demeanor and knowledge makes us feel confident that we are making the right decision in working with him.
On our first visit [at PREG] we were discouraged by a very long wait time with no explanation from the team (45 minutes past our appointment time). We have experienced 15-20 minute waits regularly for other appointments, which is challenging when I am leaving work to come there. ... The nurse that performed my ultrasound was very kind and made me feel entirely comfortable. She described everything she would be doing and really put me at ease.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with John Payne at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
We first met dr. Payne over a year ago and absolutely felt like ‘just a number’ in his practice. He seemed overly sure of himself and that he wasn’t interested in our particular situation. PREG being the only close by clinic we decided to give it another shot and have had an entirely different experience with him. He seems more caring and has slowed down to explain everything I have a question about. Overall his demeanor and knowledge makes us feel confident that we are making the right decision in working with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Payne at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Don’t expect him to be warm and cuddly, but he seems to know what he is talking about.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Payne at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr. Payne is kind and takes time to answer questions about the ivf process. Unfortunately I have had problems receiving calls back from his office when I have questions about finances or the procedure.
Describe the protocols John Payne used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
We are getting ready to start our first round of ivf with icsi. We have male factor infertility results from cancer treatment. So far I have undergone testing to determine eligibility for Univfy, and been started on birth control to prepare for stims.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
On our first visit we were discouraged by a very long wait time with no explanation from the team (45 minutes past our appointment time). We have experienced 15-20 minute waits regularly for other appointments, which is challenging when I am leaving work to come there. There has also been a lot of problems getting a person on the phone when I call, or getting a call back. We have had a good experience with the financial team, but again have had challenges with call backs after leaving messages.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Payne at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
18,500 for one round of ivf including unlimited embryo transfers from that round and their fee for embryo biopsy.
Describe John Payne's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Our doctor has told us we will start with single embryo transfer.
Asheville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Payne at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.

PCOS, Unexplained
The nurses [at PREG-Asheville] were wonderful, but it carried from nurse to nurse on the timing they would suggest for injections or when to preform the iui. It seemed sometimes they were doing treatments prematurely... Weakness would be re-evaluating treatment. I would suggest asking lots and lots of questions. And question things you do not understand. Ask why medication can't isn't being increased. Ask for kab work to be redone if needed.
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Nichols was nice at my consultation; however he did not spend a lot of time with me that day. Honestly he wanted to push IVF upfront since I had came from another doctor that did an iui already. It seemed he did not want me to try an iui. As stated before I only seem dr Nichols at my consultation as he primarily works out of the south Carolina office I was told and I went to the North Carolina office for my treatment. When the dosage of my fertility medication did not get results he didn't to my knowledge review and see if my dose needed to be increased to get better results. I was actually told on the days of my injections by the nurses that sometimes my follicles were on the small side, but they would go ahead and do my injections and have me come back for the iui. When I recieved my initial load result call from the nurse the only thing they found was low thyroid and low vitamin D. However after vitamin D supplements were started Dr Nichols never retested. As well I have had thyroid issues for 20 years. It seems to me that low thyroid could be a contributing factor in my infertility but they did not seem concerned about it.
Ask a lot of questions and ask for treatment to be re-evaluated through out the process. I literally felt like I flushed my money down the toilet
During my treatment I only saw Dr Nochols 1 time and that was during my consultation visit. After that I seen nurses on the practice. The nurses were wonderful, but I felt like when my treatment wasn't progressing that I should have seen face to face again with the doctor. So it felt like to me that I was just another number to him.
First 3 cycles were letrozole only 7.5 mg 3 more cycles letrozole 7.5 mg and injection shot Never once was it discussed to go up on the letrozole dose. Even though I was not getting pregnant
The nurses were wonderful, but it carried from nurse to nurse on the timing they would suggest for injections or when to preform the iui. It seemed sometimes they were doing treatments prematurely
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
My total costs were a lot out of pocket. A good guess of my costs for my treatment there would be $6,000
Asheville

Dr. McCoy talked to us, in the beginning, about how everything works and he didn't sugar coat anything. He gave us the information about how successful this process is and at the same time seemed exited for the outcome it could bring. He was very respectful and was always there to answer questions.... Dr. McCoy recommended single embry transfer, but gave us the option to do multiple (two) embryo transfer.... The first one was a fresh embryo transfer and the other 3 were frozen embryo transfers.
The clinic [PREG] was always there to help and answer questions. They always returned my calls if I had to leave a message. If one person was not there, another would pick up my messages and always call back over a concern. My prescriptions were always called in on time. I'm a worrier and they would always calm my fears....Debra was a very kind and compassionate nurse. She was comforting during the hard times (miscarriage, negative pregancy test). She wanted for us to keep her updated on the current pregnancy. She really cares.
How was your experience with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
It can be a long journey, but it's well worth it. Don't give up hope and trust the doctors at PREG. They care and know what they are doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
It has been a long journey for us trying to have a child. Dr. McCoy and his team were there for us every step of the way. We have been through 4 cycles trying to get pregnant and then have a successful pregnancy. It has been a long road, but we would recommend Dr. McCoy and his team to anyone. The team were just as excited as we were each time a pregnancy occurred and wanted to check up on us with currently being pregnant. They have all treated us with great respect and they have felt the pain of this journey as well as the excitement.
Describe the protocols Travis McCoy used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
I had to take a course of injections and oral medications to get ready for egg retrieval. We did the egg retrieval along with creating the embryos. We did 4 cycles total. The first one was a fresh embryo transfer and the other 3 were frozen embryo transfers. We tried one single transfer the first two times and then the other two times were two embryos. They did testing to check for different things after the first miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Debra)
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic was always there to help and answer questions. They always returned my calls if I had to leave a message. If one person was not there, another would pick up my messages and always call back over a concern. My prescriptions were always called in on time. I'm a worrier and they would always calm my fears.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
For the initial IVF procedure it was between 12,000 and 15,000. The frozen embryo transfers it was between 3,500 and 4,000.
Describe Travis McCoy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Asheville

Dr. Nichols is very good at relating your individual condition with statics. He has a neutral way of communicating and helping one understand their condition what could take place after treatment begins....Be prepared for no nonsense and no sugar coated communication. Dr. Nichols will guide you through everything, but you have to be willing to let him do so....Dr. Nichols can be blunt at times, but you know he is only trying to convey all of the possible outcomes-- the good, the bad and the ugly.
The clinic [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] as a whole is 100% spot on. Every employee is very friendly and prepared for you when you come in. I always follow up to make sure that things have been followed through with, i.e. payments documented, appts scheduled, etc., but I really feel they don't need any checking up on!... Each and every person that we have come in contact with from the front desk staff to Dr. Nichols himself have been wonderful! It's a warm and inviting atmosphere, and that is so very important when you are going through somethings so emotionally and physically involved.
Dr. Nichols can be blunt at times, but you know he is only trying to convey all of the possible outcomes-- the good, the bad and the ugly. We all know that IVF has all of the above!! At one time, Dr. Nichols was especially compassionate when I broke down while talking about having to ask another woman to carry my child. I always look forward to my visits because I feel I am being treated and cared for by a very knowledgeable doctor.
Dr. Nichols is very good at relating your individual condition with statics. He has a neutral way of communicating and helping one understand their condition what could take place after treatment begins. He is stern but caring, and you know when you leave that he knew exactly which patient he was working with and has a plan for you as an individual/couple.
I will be taking birth control to start followed by Menopur and Lupron. I have not actually started the meds yet so I feel I cannot give much insight on this at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey Forbes)
The staff at PREG are amazing!! That may sound cliche, but the first RE's office we visited could not hold a candle to them! We love going to our appointments because they are prepared for us. They have our files out ready and waiting for when we walk in the door! Each and every person that we have come in contact with from the front desk staff to Dr. Nichols himself have been wonderful! It's a warm and inviting atmosphere, and that is so very important when you are going through somethings so emotionally and physically involved.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic as a whole is 100% spot on. Every employee is very friendly and prepared for you when you come in. I always follow up to make sure that things have been followed through with, i.e. payments documented, appts scheduled, etc., but I really feel they don't need any checking up on! They're really great!
We are using the Simply IVF method, and I know the promotional rate that we were given is no longer available, but it is still just have the cost of traditional IVF-- between 5,000 and 6,000. Of course, we will have to use our gestational carrier for the transfer, and this will be an additional $8000 plus her medications.
This office does allow you to chose whether you want to implant one or two embryos-- not more than two, but they do recommend only transferring one.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
We were given an initial cost sheet, and then at a future visit, after the new year, we were given a new one due to some changes that had taken place, but we had already been assured that we could keep the original cost provided so I had to scan back in the original cost sheet to the financial coordinator so that it would be correct in our file before I made the payment. That is the only negative thing that has occurred, and I believe that was only due to changes in staff and pricing for the new year that cause a little bit of confusion when things carried over from 2017 to 2018.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr McCoy is a very intelligent man, but doesn't treat you like you're just some number to him. He is caring and compassionate. He takes time to listen to you and your concerns. You definitely do not feel rushed to get out of his office. He answers all questions and gives you hope to your situation. He's a very busy provider and his schedule proves that, but you don't get that sense of rush when you are in front of him. He is also a top notch surgeon who gave me hope when several other providers only had bad news. I had to go into surgery to fix one issue, but he made sure to check other things out in there to prevent having to go back in later.
MiKayla [a nurse at PREG- Asheville] is so sweet. I typically communicate with her through emails. She never seems like I'm a bother. She is always helpful.... Clomid and Letrozole to treat my anovulation. Then we discovered that my husband probably hadale infertility. That was analyized and he was give the same medications. We have been through 2 IUIs that were unsuccessful.
European, Other
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He is very busy, so be patient. He is worth the wait.
Whether I or my husband were seeing Dr McCoy that day, he acted as if we had just talked to him the day before. He was always friendly, positive, and knowledgeable. He is very smart, but easy to talk to. Very personable and listens.
Clomid and Letrozole to treat my anovulation. Then we discovered that my husband probably hadale infertility. That was analyized and he was give the same medications. We have been through 2 IUIs that were unsuccessful. Taking a break at this time due to finances.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: MiKayla)
MiKayla is so sweet. I typically communicate with her through emails. She never seems like I'm a bother. She is always helpful.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I enjoy PREG. Unfortunately they don't take parents from self pay patients, so that's made us have to take a break with treatments, but that's the only negative I have to say about PREG. They are always nice and helpful on the phone. Wait times are super fast from the lobby. Office is always clean and quiet. I've been to Asheville, Spartanburg, and Greenville offices.
While I had insurance, I didn't have to pay anything other than copay. Once we lost insurance, we had to pay $475 up front for both IUI procedures.
Asheville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.

Dr Nichols was straightforward with us, gave us the facts and our options, and the likelihood of those options working. He never made us feel rushed during our appointments and explained everything thoroughly. We felt very lucky to have had him as our doctor. ... . Once it was time to decide on a course of action, he clearly laid out our different options and the success rates of each of those options.
Kelsey was amazing. She’s the kind of nurse I always wish to have. She answered all of our questions, never left us waiting during our appointmentments, and was always super friendly. ... The [PREG] clinic in Asheville was small, though I think they moved locations since we last went. It was always clean and the staff friendly. We never had to wait long for our appointments and any questions we thought of after leaving were answered promptly by phone or email.
Dr Nichols explained the results of all of our testing thoroughly and in ways we could clearly understand. Once it was time to decide on a course of action, he clearly laid out our different options and the success rates of each of those options. When our first embryo transfer failed he gave us a few options moving forward and didn’t push us to go a specific way, he just laid out the options and left it up to us to decide. Our second transfer was successful and we now have a beautiful baby boy.
Ask a lot of questions and trust in his medical expertise.
We didn’t do a fresh transfer because we wanted to do genetic testing on our embryos. After testing we were left with 7 frozen embryos. Our first cycle I was on 7 estrogen pills a day, 6 oral and 1 vaginal, and .5cc of PIO. That cycle failed even though my lining and hormone levels were all excellent. The second FET cycle we did Dr Nichols advised us to do a scraping of the uterine lining to promote new cell growth so we did that. My progesterone was a little low so in addition to the 7 estrogen pills a day, he upped my PIO dosage to 1cc and I was also on a progesterone suppository. That cycle resulted in a live birth.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic in Asheville was small, though I think they moved locations since we last went. It was always clean and the staff friendly. We never had to wait long for our appointments and any questions we thought of after leaving were answered promptly by phone or email.
Egg retrieval through the first pregnancy test was around $15,000. The second FET was $3000 not including the cost of medications. We paid for everything out of pocket.
Dr Nichols advised us to transfer one embryo at a time. My only issue was tubal blockage so he seemed pretty confident that we wouldn’t have any issues getting pregnant by FET. He advised that transferring multiple embryos could result in a multiple birth which is higher risk. We opted to only do a single embryo for each transfer because of his advice.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] always takes time with me to explain things well and help me weigh my options !... He discovered something in my uterus and a hysteroscopy was performed in October to remove it. He also did blood work that very day to diagnose me with low ovarian function and Antiphospholipid syndrome which is a blood clotting disorder...After experiencing a fee more negatives he had my husband's sample tested. After it was discovered my husband was fine- he is advising me to have a consultation on IVF due to suspicion that I may have low egg quality due to my miscarriage history and the fact that while the medicine produces multiple follicles -i have still be unable to get pregnant. I still owe all the diagnosis that I have received to him.
This clinic [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] is great about doing contests and offering discounts. The staff is always nice and knowledgeable... The best thing is that when I have an appointment I pay my co pay and that covers whatever my doctor does that visit whether it is an ultrasound or bloodwork. There are no extra fees and I like that . The office is great about doing discounts too...I honestly haven't seen any weaknesses [with the nurses] .They are kind , understanding , they always return my calls and stay on the phone with me until I understand fully.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
My doctor has been forthcoming with me about everything I am up against and has dotted every "I" and crossed every "t." So far I have had surgery under him, he has diagnosed me with several issues that allow him to know how to treat me, and he has explained very well my next steps that are leading me toward IVF.
He is a wonderful doctor!
He always takes time with me to explain things well and help me weigh my options !
Upon my first appointment in September of 2016, after having had a second miscarriage (and my regular OB didn't even check to make sure everything was cleared)...After just fifteen min of talking to me he knew something wasn't right and did a vaginal ultrasound that very day. He discovered something in my uterus and a hysteroscopy was performed in October to remove it. He also did blood work that very day to diagnose me with low ovarian function and Antiphospholipid syndrome which is a blood clotting disorder. Once I was cleared from my hysteroscopy...I started letrozol rounds in November . I did produce follicles ....But in January after two negative rounds he added injections of Ovedrel to my regimin. After experiencing a fee more negatives he had my husband's sample tested. After it was discovered my husband was fine- he is advising me to have a consultation on IVF due to suspicion that I may have low egg quality due to my miscarriage history and the fact that while the medicine produces multiple follicles -i have still be unable to get pregnant. I still owe all the diagnosis that I have received to him. My regular OB told me I was fine and that I would have to go through another miscarriage before they would even test me via bloodwork ! I am glad I know what I am up against now !!
I honestly haven't seen any weaknesses .They are kind , understanding , they always return my calls and stay on the phone with me until I understand fully.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This clinic is great about doing contests and offering discounts. The staff is always nice and knowledgeable.
I don't want to list costs ....But in my state infertility treatments (ivf, etc) are not covered by insurance. The best thing is that when I have an appointment I pay my co pay and that covers whatever my doctor does that visit whether it is an ultrasound or bloodwork. There are no extra fees and I like that . The office is great about doing discounts too
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Unfortunately, our first and only round of IVF did not result in a child. However, Dr. Payne sat down with my husband and I in his office and was kind about the results. He had created a plan to help us on another IVF trial if we could financially afford it...I just feel he should check in with his failed IVF patients and/or work with them on another attempt instead of needing 90-100% of the price again...doubled one of my shots I was giving myself (the refrigerated one) because something wasn't responding correctly. I have Celiac Disease and didn't find out until I was 29 years old. I have read that it can cause infertility so I don't know if I just can't have children. I also know not many eggs were retrieved and only one was viable enough to try. I have two stepsons and would love to have one of my own but know that may not be an option any more as I'm 35 now.
The nurse and nursing staff [at PREG] were very capable and kind. They also showed love and compassion when the IVF failed and could tell it was hard for them also...I think this clinic is great and strives to do the very best for each patient. They do not want to fail but unfortunately need more than one attempt sometimes at success. I want a new patient to be ready to need more than one try if you can financially afford it. Otherwise, do everything possible to take every precaution to give the one shot you have, the best shot it can.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
When Dr. Payne sat my husband and I down in his office to explain to us why he felt our IVF had failed, he was very compassionate. I felt that he was almost as upset and brokenhearted as we were. The moment still brings tears to my eyes and it's been four years. I unfortunately feel that there wasn't enough done by him or his staff afterwards to help us. I am a teacher and my husband is a factory worker. We couldn't afford another IVF cycle and there were no attempts made at working with us to accomplish this, knowing he had a plan to try again. I also experienced extreme depression from the failed IVF. This is probably common and it should become practice to give some suggestions on what to do. Maybe pamphlets or a list of doctors/counselors in the area a husband/wife/couple could talk to who are experienced with child loss/infertility. I just feel he should check in with his failed IVF patients and/or work with them on another attempt instead of needing 90-100% of the price again.
He's a great doctor you can trust so just do your part: take every precaution and know that this may be your only shot!
Unfortunately, our first and only round of IVF did not result in a child. However, Dr. Payne sat down with my husband and I in his office and was kind about the results. He had created a plan to help us on another IVF trial if we could financially afford it. I can't give him the highest score because he didn't work with us on how to help us afford another round of IVF.
From what I can remember from four years ago, Dr. Payne doubled one of my shots I was giving myself (the refrigerated one) because something wasn't responding correctly. I have Celiac Disease and didn't find out until I was 29 years old. I have read that it can cause infertility so I don't know if I just can't have children. I also know not many eggs were retrieved and only one was viable enough to try. I have two stepsons and would love to have one of my own but know that may not be an option any more as I'm 35 now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
The nurse and nursing staff were very capable and kind. They also showed love and compassion when the IVF failed and could tell it was hard for them also.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Unfortunately, my IVF procedure was four years ago and I can't remember specifics. However I do remember needing to have about $1500 in cash to pay for medications/shots (especially for the extra doses ordered).
Dr. Payne's next plan is to have my husband's sperm retrieval and my egg retrieval on the same day. The first time my husband's sperm had been frozen and he feels that we will have more success with a fresh transfer. My husband and I believe in Dr. Payne and his plan.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
I only remember one time getting really close to not having my shots delivered on time. These were extra doses (of the refrigerated one) the doctor wanted me to start since I wasn't responding as quickly as they wanted me to. The extra doses did work. I just remember getting the prescriptions last minute but can't remember the exact reasons around why.
Asheville

Dr Nichols is very compassionate and caring. He explains everything in detail gives us our options and also his honest opinion which helps with decision making. Any questions we have he is more than happy to answer. He goes over next steps very clearly so we know what to expect.... Dr Nichols is very compassionate and caring. He answered all my questions and was very knowledgeable.
The Drs and nurses are very friendly and helpful every time we are there [at Piedmont Reproductive Endo Group-Asheville]. They are always ready to greet us when we walk in the office. The clinic is very clean and inviting. The pictures they having hanging on the walls give you hope and the atmosphere is always pleasant... The nursing staff has been wonderful. They are very nice Everytime I call to ask a simple question. When we are at the clinic they are always right there willing to help or answer any questions we may have. They are always smiling and happy to see their patients.
To make sure you make a list of all the questions you have and feel free to ask him anything. He is very knowledgeable and explains things very well.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The Drs and nurses are very friendly and helpful every time we are there. They are always ready to greet us when we walk in the office. The clinic is very clean and inviting. The pictures they having hanging on the walls give you hope and the atmosphere is always pleasant.
I have just started seeing Dr Nichols and just recently went over cost for the procedure we are looking at doing. He gave us a detailed list of information about pricing and nutse was able to sit down and talk to us in more depth about the financial part.

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He [Dr. Nichols] is very kind and to the point and that’s what I Love about him. Always answers all my questions and is willing to help in any way. A great doctor very caring. He sat me down after my first set of labs and went through and explained each one and what they meant, trying to give me some answers as to all of my losses. I would recommend him highly to anyone struggling with infertility... He started me on femara to induce ovulation,because I had been on clomid for way to long.
Strengths: very kind offices and compassionate and very tentative. Weakness: I really don’t have any complaints honestly, it would be nice to see the doctor more often but not always necessary. I think this [PREG] is a great clinic and would refer anyone... [Nursing Staff] They are all so very kind and compassionate. They always call back promptly after leaving messages answers every question in detail, always explain procedures and results
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He is very kind and to the point and that’s what I Love about him. Always answers all my questions and is willing to help in any way. A great doctor very caring. He sat me down after my first set of labs and went through and explained each one and what they meant, trying to give me some answers as to all of my losses. I would recommend him highly to anyone struggling with infertility
To listen to his advice and try to do everything he says
He is always very kind and understanding, explains everything in detail and answers all my questions.
He started me on femara to induce ovulation,because I had been on clomid for way to long. Then I come in for a follicle scab on day 11, based on that I will do an hcg trigger shot, then 3 days post ovulation I will start progesterone suppositories to help try and prevent miscarriage. I also am on daily aspirin and metformin due to pcos and pregnancy loss.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strengths: very kind offices and compassionate and very tentative. Weakness: I really don’t have any complaints honestly, it would be nice to see the doctor more often but not always necessary. I think this is a great clinic and would refer anyone
Iui:475$ Hcg shot 80$ Ultrasound copay:50$

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Nichols] presented information in a nice but professional way. He reviewed results with us so we could understand them. He also presented us with different treatment options and the pros and cons of each. He also would ask us at each visit if we had any questions regarding our care...We tried using letrozole with IUI for our first cycle which was not successful. We then tried letrozole only and did become pregnant but miscarried at 7.5 weeks. Currently, we are taking things slowly.
IUI was $695.00 [at PREG]. Trigger injection was $100.00. Letrozole was $4.00 per cycle...They are receptive and typically you will receive a call back in a timely manner. They also present you with financial information at your first visit which is very helpful. My only critique is that I called to learn the results of my HCG test and was told by one staff member that I would likely miscarry or have an ectopic pregnancy. Another staff member told me that this was a possibility but everything may be fine.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He presented information in a nice but professional way. He reviewed results with us so we could understand them. He also presented us with different treatment options and the pros and cons of each. He also would ask us at each visit if we had any questions regarding our care.
Ask questions if you don't understand something.
He took the time to discuss our diagnosis and possible options for treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Mikayla)
Mikayla was very helpful through the process. I felt like I could ask her anything if I didn't know the answer.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
IUI was $695.00. Trigger injection was $100.00. Letrozole was $4.00 per cycle.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
I was given two different responses regarding my test results as discussed previously.
Asheville

He [Dr. Nichols] is a Compassionate, caring, and understanding doctor. He always gave us all our options and what he thought would be best for our situation. He had a great bedside manner. He took the time to explain things when we had questions or didn’t understand something. He was encouraging during the process of our treatmen.... Suggested to attempt iui, after the second failed attempted he suggested ivf but gave the option to try iui one more time.
Great clinic. Small but easy to find. When calling the clinic always easy to speak with someone. Always clean. Did a great job at providing privacy. At each appointment theWaiting time was appropriate.... The nurses at Preg were great communicators. They were caring and compassionate. Always did a great job explaining medications and procedures. Performed their task in a timely manner.... Each iui was 400 dollars, not counting the medications, between medications and the ivf treatment it was about 20,000 to 25,000 dollars.
He is a Compassionate, caring, and understanding doctor. He always gave us all our options and what he thought would be best for our situation. He had a great bedside manner. He took the time to explain things when we had questions or didn’t understand something. He was encouraging during the process of our treatmen.
A great fertility doctor, very educated in fertility treatments
The doctors at Preg always went out of their way to listen to you, give advice, provide excellent care, and take the time for each of their patients. It always felt like a family when being cared for at Preg
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey)
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
While doing fertility treatment insurance did not cover the treatments. Each iui was 400 dollars, not counting the medications, between medications and the ivf treatment it was about 20,000 to 25,000 dollars. We spent the extra money to get the embryos tested and we are glad we did considering we only had one perfect little miracle out of 4 good embryos.
Asheville
Dr. Nichols is brilliant at what he does. He is on the "blunt" side of explanations, but he is thorough and makes sure there is complete understanding. He is a busy man, but he does take time to get to know you specifically in order to best treat you.... For all three cycles we used Femara 7.5mg along with Gonal-F injections and HCG trigger shots. I unfortunately did not ovulate on any of the cycles, even when we upped dosages on the injections.
The nursing staff [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] are wonderful! They are so compassionate and patient. They are also very knowledgeable and can explain rationale over again if need be.... The clinic in Asheville is smaller, but nice! They are unable to do some procedures at this clinic and therefore offer those procedures in either the hospital near by (which is way more expensive) or in their Greenville/Spartanburg office which is a little drive away. Also, Dr. Nichols travels between the offices and is currently only at the Asheville clinic on Wednesdays.
Know yourself! Have a full history ready when you go for your first appointment. And also to be ready for some hard truths at times, but know that they are necessary!
He was very personal and professional at the same time. He never made me feel like my specific issues didn't matter or were "just a number".
The nursing staff are wonderful! They are so compassionate and patient. They are also very knowledgeable and can explain rationale over again if need be.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Unfortunately my insurance did not cover any costs at PREG, however my husbands insurance covered some of the appointments/treatments/ultrasounds. Otherwise, we would have paid $400+ a visit.
2015 - 2019
6 IUI, IVF, Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
My wife and I only saw John [Dr. Nichols] once during our treatments but when we did see him he was very straightforward and gave us all of the information that we needed. I felt confident after speaking with him and knew what all of the next steps and expectations where....The communication between the front desk, finance coordination and nurse [PREG] where lacking most of the time. When it came to knowing what we owed when we owed it there were often surprises
The clinic [PREG] was very compassionate and was always willing to help. The most stressful part of the process is finances and that’s where their weakness lies. The lack of communication makes it hard to know cost up front and we have had a lot of $500-$1000 surprises.... There was one cycle where they did not call in my birth control for two days. We had to keep calling them and the pharmacy to figure out what was going on.
2015 - 2019
6 IUI, IVF, Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
My wife and I only saw John once during our treatments but when we did see him he was very straightforward and gave us all of the information that we needed. I felt confident after speaking with him and knew what all of the next steps and expectations where.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Victoria Bishop and McKayla )
The communication between the front desk, finance coordination and nurse where lacking most of the time. When it came to knowing what we owed when we owed it there were often surprises because someone did not communicate all of the important information of what they would be doing during the appointments for effect pricing.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic was very compassionate and was always willing to help. The most stressful part of the process is finances and that’s where their weakness lies. The lack of communication makes it hard to know cost up front and we have had a lot of $500-$1000 surprises. If we did not have a back up budget I don’t know that we would have been able to keep up.
Total is somewhere around $33,000 overall
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
There was one cycle where they did not call in my birth control for two days. We had to keep calling them and the pharmacy to figure out what was going on. One of the cycles something was not scheduled correctly and we had to skip an iui treatment.

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. McCoy was really holistic in his care of my husband and I, each having our own factors contributing to infertility. He incorporated our preferences and timeline into his treatment plan. I felt like he listened to me and always fully explained things. ... I always felt like I got all of the information I needed and left feeling confident with the questions answered.
I like having several different locations [PREG]. We are out-of-state, and the clinic has been willing to be flexible and work with us as much as possible to keep travel down. ... From a cost standpoint, seems about average for out-of-pocket expenses. ... IVF with ICSI was quoted at $12,500, plus ~$5-7K for medications ... All of my interactions with nursing staff have been positive.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Come with questions and be prepared for Dr. McCoy to be very upfront with you.
Dr. McCoy told us what we needed to know and laid out options. I always felt like I got all of the information I needed and left feeling confident with the questions answered. Dr. McCoy also listened to our concerns and wishes and incorporated that into his plans and timeline.
All of my interactions with nursing staff have been positive.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I like having several different locations. We are out-of-state, and the clinic has been willing to be flexible and work with us as much as possible to keep travel down. Their success rates for procedures is high and they really take a caring approach. From a cost standpoint, seems about average for out-of-pocket expenses.
IVF with ICSI was quoted at $12,500, plus ~$5-7K for medications
Asheville

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He [Dr. John Nichols] is honest and does not blow smoke. While he is a bit cut and dried at times with explanation, I feel as though he is thorough, competent and honest...Don’t expect a ton of hand holding, expect professional and honest answers...personalized and very kind. Even for an ivf patient I have a special history due to cancer at 35 and he has been very cognizant of and sensitive to the special challenges
Office staff [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] is terrific, couple of times we have had to call for reminders of what is next step. Very compassionate. It is very nice too that they know who you are on arrival, after initial visit. Makes the whole experience feel like you have friends rooting for your success...The nursing staff and nurse practitioner are all wonderful, as is the office staff
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Covered in previous question related to special treatment re post cancer care. He is honest and does not blow smoke. While he is a bit cut and dried at times with explanation, I feel as though he is thorough, competent and honest
Don’t expect a ton of hand holding, expect professional and honest answers
Dr Nichols has been honest, personalized and very kind. Even for an ivf patient I have a special history due to cancer at 35 and he has been very cognizant of and sensitive to the special challenges
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Office staff is terrific, couple of times we have had to call for reminders of what is next step. Very compassionate. It is very nice too that they know who you are on arrival, after initial visit. Makes the whole experience feel like you have friends rooting for your success
We have so far spent about 25k
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
After my chemical pregnancy when I went in for blood work to see if my Hcg was back to zero they didn’t call
Asheville

[Dr. Nichols was] Concise in his explanations and answering my questions. Was realistic and provided options where I had the best chance for a successful outcome...Strengths: extremely knowledgeable and realistic; wants his treatments with patients to be successful...describes each procedure and upcoming steps. Confident re: clinical decision making. Weaknesses: none evident
Strengths [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group]: Appears to run smoothly and organized; clean; staff is efficient in carrying out and performing tests and procedures. Weaknesses: they messed up on billing my insurance which is an added stress that I don’t want/need at this time...[nurses were] Supportive, empathetic, and readily available to assist and answer questions. Calm fears and offer encouragement when you at at a low.
Strengths: extremely knowledgeable and realistic; wants his treatments with patients to be successful. Concise and describes each procedure and upcoming steps. Confident re: clinical decision making. Weaknesses: none evident
Ask any and all questions you have. Do not hold back.
Letrozole with follow up ovidrell injection combined with timed intercourse. Moving up to IVF next due to my diagnosis, but have not started treatment for this.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strengths: Appears to run smoothly and organized; clean; staff is efficient in carrying out and performing tests and procedures. Weaknesses: they messed up on billing my insurance which is an added stress that I don’t want/need at this time.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
My MD crossed out a test that he did not want performed re: my lab work as I had already gotten this done at my primary care MD. The lab tech did the test (probably on auto-pilot as it was routine labs) and I was billed for it through the lab service.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Nichols was very straight forward and always positive with me. He was fast and efficient as going through these procedures are not fun but he always made you feel special and like your day was going to come to have the baby you always wanted.... 3 IUI's, recommended that we move on to IVF. 1st Fresh transfer of one embryo did not take so we transferred 2 embryos frozen and we had a baby with one.
They [PREG] get you in fast, the front desk is great and will really work with you. IFV is expensive and our insurance wouldn't cover so we reviewed options for loans. The staff really seem to care about each patient. They still call me to check up on my son and he is 18 months now.... $20,000 for 3 IUI, 1 fresh IVF, 1 frozen IVF... They [nurses] always knew who I was and were very compassionate. One of the nurses had been through infertility treatments and so could relate.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He is very straight forward, no sugar coating.
All the nurses and the doctor were very genuine. I even brought my son in to see everyone at a few weeks old and they were all very excited!
They always knew who I was and were very compassionate. One of the nurses had been through infertility treatments and so could relate.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They get you in fast, the front desk is great and will really work with you. IFV is expensive and our insurance wouldn't cover so we reviewed options for loans. The staff really seem to care about each patient. They still call me to check up on my son and he is 18 months now.
$20,000 for 3 IUI, 1 fresh IVF, 1 frozen IVF
Asheville

Dr Payne explains everything and is very honest but also compassionate. He wants to work with you to try and reach the goal of creating a family. He answers any questions that you have about any of the tests or paths that you can take.... Just go in and tell him all your past history. Bring any labs or medications and ask questions... Just go in and tell him all your past history. Bring any labs or medications and ask questions
They [PREG] are great nice friendly staff who call you back in a timely manner and greet you when you come in the door. They explain things to where you can understand and are willing to listen to you.and answer any questions you have....They call back to answer questions in a timely manner. They are very compassionate and answer any questions that I have... Dr Payne explains everything and is very honest but also compassionate. He wants to work with you to try and reach the goal of creating a family.
He explained things and took my emotions into account.
I have tried using fertility medication and done an IUI which lead to a pregnancy however it was a miscarriage
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are great nice friendly staff who call you back in a timely manner and greet you when you come in the door. They explain things to where you can understand and are willing to listen to you.and answer any questions you have.
Asheville

I did take different fertility drugs and I completed simple IVF and have not had any luck [with Dr. McCoy]...My eggs did not make it to transfer...He was very kind and compassionate... He could have possibly explained set backs and next steps more in depth. He did go over different next steps just not really in detail or truly encourage what to try next...I feel he is a knowledgeable doctor but insist on detail of the procedures and course of action he plans to use.
They [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] are very kind but it is hard to reach the nurses if you have questions and do not have an email address to contact them with. The clinic is very good about being on time with appointment times. The billing is also a bit confusing...I did take different fertility drugs and I completed simple IVF and have not had any luck...General fertility drug treatment and testing including discovery of uterine polyp 6,000. Simple IVF 9,000.
He was very kind and compassionate. He could have possibly explained set backs and next steps more in depth. He did go over different next steps just not really in detail or truly encourage what to try next.
He was very kind and compassionate.
They were very nice and compassionate as well.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are very kind but it is hard to reach the nurses if you have questions and do not have an email address to contact them with. The clinic is very good about being on time with appointment times. The billing is also a bit confusing.
My eggs did not make it to transfer but would love to try IVF with donor eggs.
Asheville
Dr Payne really seemed to have an invested interest. At one appointment, he mentioned discussing our care as part of a conference call. It made me feel like he was actively planning our care, not just going through he motions.... We have unexplained infertility. He took us from the least invasive to most. Hoping small intervention would work.
Overall I enjoyed my visits [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group]. It’s one of the only clinics in the area. The staff were always friendly and would explain anything needed. It was a pleasant experience in an unconfortable situation. I would recommend them to others.... ost was around $12000 for the eg lg retrieval and one ivf transfer. About $3600 for each transfer after, not including medication.
Fertility is hard, no matter what!
Dr Payne is very personal able.
They were all pleasant and enjoyable to see.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Overall I enjoyed my visits. It’s one of the only clinics in the area. The staff were always friendly and would explain anything needed. It was a pleasant experience in an unconfortable situation. I would recommend them to others.
Cost was around $12000 for the eg lg retrieval and one ivf transfer. About $3600 for each transfer after, not including medication.
Based on our case he recommended single transfer.
2012 - 2015
Dr. Holman is knowledgeable and kind. Dr. Holman offers options, but does not push too hard for any of them. Dr. Holman let's you decide which option is best for your family. He gives information and options in a kind and caring manner. He never rushes your appointments. ... He explains options clearly, but not in a leading or demeaning way. ... I took Clomid, but it did not work. Dr. Holman changed me to Letrozol.
The office [Piedmon Reproductive Endocrinology Group] is clean and the office is modern. ... The office was easy to locate. There was parking right out front of the office.. ... Our insurance did not cover any of our treatments. I think we paid $80 per visit and more for IUI. ... Jennifer is so great. She explained everything carefully and took lots of time to do so. She was very compassionate when the treatments were unsuccessful.
2012 - 2015
How was your experience with James Holman at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr. Holman is great to work with. Dr. Holman is knowledgeable and kind. Dr. Holman offers options, but does not push too hard for any of them. Dr. Holman let's you decide which option is best for your family. He gives information and options in a kind and caring manner. He never rushes your appointments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Holman at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr. Holman is very experienced. You should trust his advice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Holman at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr. Holman is warm and kind. He explains options clearly, but not in a leading or demeaning way.
Describe the protocols James Holman used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
I took Clomid, but it did not work. Dr. Holman changed me to Letrozol. The Letrozol worked and we used a trigger shot with each cycle. None of those worked alone. We then added IUI for one round which was unsuccessfull. We finally added Follistim shots before IUI. That worked on the 3 round of IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The office is clean and the office is modern. I think they moved since I was a patient. The office was easy to locate. There was parking right out front of the office. I do not have comments about the new location as I never visited it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Holman at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
James Holman
2020
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] recommended timed intercourse with follow up blood work for my husband, as well as a new rx for my husband...He was very responsive to my husband and his needs (which was appropriate because we have MFI). He explained my risk of endo, which I have been told by 2 physicians I don't have, but it was nice to have a comprehensive look at everything...our treatment changed from IVF with ISCI to timed intercourse (which is a miracle).
She [nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] was super and really helped us feel more comfortable...They took a long time to get us back, but it was a great experience in whole. I think that the clinic is great, and I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone who wants fresh eyes on their case. We went through 2 IUIs through my OBGYN unnecessarily, when my husband just needed to be on the right medication. I think that having an open mind is important when going to this clinic, as our treatment changed from IVF with ISCI to timed intercourse (which is a miracle).
2020
Don't go in to his office needing to cry, go in, do your business, and cry in the car.
He recommended timed intercourse with follow up blood work for my husband, as well as a new rx for my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
She was super and really helped us feel more comfortable.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Just our copay (two total, one for myself and one for my husband)