Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
123 Hendersonville Road
(864)-232-7734
1330 Boiling Springs Rd.
Spartanburg, SC 29303
(864)-583-2669
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The clinic staff [at PREG] is always friendly and helpful. The clinic itself is always clean, peaceful and quiet. The wait time is usually realistic and they provide updates as needed. The office is cold so bring a sweater.... The nursing staff has always been friendly and engaging... The plan was to ensure I was healthy and ready for the process. I had surgery to remove endometriosis and fibroids to make my uterus and ready as possible. I then will begin try a round of IUI, my choice. However, Dr. Whitman has recommended IVF or surrogacy due to my many recurrent losses, but that cost is beyond my family’s ability.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic staff is always friendly and helpful. The clinic itself is always clean, peaceful and quiet. The wait time is usually realistic and they provide updates as needed. The office is cold so bring a sweater.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gail Whitman-Elia at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr. Whitman recognized our pain and allowed me to drain my emotions. She did not rush through our sessions and she never made me feel like my questions were stupid. She recognized that for the last 8 years I have been suffering emotionally and physically and needed a physician to really listen to me. She made me feel as if what I had to say was important . The previous physicians did not listen to me and made me feel as if I did not know my body.
The nursing staff has always been friendly and engaging.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
How was your experience with Gail Whitman-Elia at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Thus far I have felt like a valued patient. I have felt that she cared about my emotional and physical health. She was realistic and upfront about our situation. After years of loss and suffering it makes a difference when a physician allows you to cry and share your hopes and dreams. When you feel that you dreams are shattering you need a physician that allows you to have hope or deal with reality.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gail Whitman-Elia at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr. Whitman is honest and upfront. If you expect for a doctor to tell you what you want to hear versus the truth, she is not the one for you. If you want a real perspective, guidance and support the Dr. Whitman is it!
Describe the protocols Gail Whitman-Elia used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gail Whitman-Elia at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Thus far care cost has been reasonable.
Columbia
The system for billing as pre-payment and dealing with insurance has been a difficult process [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group]. One of our visits wasn't billed to insurance and we had to correct that.... I would recommend that you make sure you have already thought through your questions and have an idea of what you're wanting. It's good to have an open mind, but have a conversation about how far you're willing to go (IVF, egg donor, etc.) and have some questions written down so that you have a direction to take when meeting with the doctor.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He took the time to document all the factors to our situation, things we can do to help those factors and how reasonable it was to do them. He answered all of my prying questions :)
The system for billing as pre-payment and dealing with insurance has been a difficult process. One of our visits wasn't billed to insurance and we had to correct that.
How was your experience with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
We only met with Dr. McCoy once because we're just beginning infertility treatment. He identified and conducted a surgery that helped with our unique situation (my wife has two ovaries) and we'd have no complaints about the results. However we're just about to begin IVF so not sure what the future holds for us!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Ask questions! Leave with a plan in place.
Describe the protocols Travis McCoy used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
Looking at all our factors, age, endometriosis, two ovaries, etc. Dr. McCoy looked at all options outside of IVF to give us a chance and was very helpful at giving us percentages. Based on our previous experiences, he made helpful recommendations and the pros and cons of whether to move forward with IVF or not. I appreciate his open mind.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
We've just begun the process. It does seem like the charges are high for some appointments, but obviously they factor in that insurance will reduce it.
Tubal Blockage, Other
Weakness [for the Piedmont Reproductive Endo Group]I would say the communication between the staff is low, had to keep reminding them on things. The office staff seem to be lost sometimes with the communication with nurses ,and docs. Strength I would say they compassion they have with the patients.... My Protocol was Gonal F 225 units injection for 9 days , low dose hcg SQ injections 15 unirs a day for 9 days. I started off using microdose Lupton am/pm at 20 units twice daily for 12 days. My hubby and I took keflex 500mg twice a day for 19 days. Took baby aspirin 81mg once daily. Had 2 baseline ultrasound s, and 2 blood tests. Took Medrol 16mg once a day the day after egg retrivel till few days adter transfer. I took a 5mg valium and Feldene 10mg an hour before transfer. The valium did not help , I was still tense and felt everything. I started the progesterone 50mg once a day injection the day after egg retrivel surgery till my 14 day blood test that was negitive.
Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Weakness I would say the communication between the staff is low, had to keep reminding them on things. The office staff seem to be lost sometimes with the communication with nurses ,and docs. Strength I would say they compassion they have with the patients.
Dr. GAIL IS very caring and understanding with my needs.
They all were caring and helped us .
She is a very good , and caring doctor. She informed my husband and I on every step of the way.She explained everything to us in a gentle way. I will continue to go to her as long as we can. I highly recommend her to everyone!!
Dr. WHITMAN IS A VERY CARING , AND UNDERSTANDING DOCTOR THAT WILL TREAT YOU THE WAY WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.
We did the Simply IVF the payment to doctor office was $5500.00. We paid for a sonagraham before we started our cycle it cost us $500.00. Each time we meet the doctor it cost us $90.00 dollars each time.
Columbia
I love that the nurses [at PREG] dont treat you like you're just another patient that they're seeing. They treat you like family and it makes the stress of the situation not feel so bad. When we go 90% of the nurses have smiles on their faces. The only negative thing I could say is that a few of the nurses that check you out could be a little more friendly and welcoming.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The staff is very nice and understanding. The office and the rooms are always clean and the waiting room always smells good. It is a easy location to get to and the suite is easy to find also. Im always taken back to be seen in less than 10 minutes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Nichols at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr.Nichols plus his staff are absolutely amazing! They never rush us during our appointments and always make sure they answer any questions we have. They remember who we are and call us by name when they see us. I couldn't ask for a better place to go to help my husband and I during this stressful time.
I love that the nurses dont treat you like you're just another patient that they're seeing. They treat you like family and it makes the stress of the situation not feel so bad. When we go 90% of the nurses have smiles on their faces. The only negative thing I could say is that a few of the nurses that check you out could be a little more friendly and welcoming.
How was your experience with John Nichols at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr. Nichols is a very good communicator and listener he also shows compassion. While going over my husbands semen analysis test with us (which was not good) he explained all our options and the different steps he would like to do to try and help us be able to conceive using my husbands sperm. Instead of just going straight to donor sperm he is trying to do what he can so we can avoid donor. He didn't give up on us and that means so much!! He knows its important to us to be able to use my husbands sperm so he is going to let him do hcg shots to see if that can improve his count. I do not have anything bad to say about Dr.Nichols because he has always been excellent every time we've seen him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Nichols at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Be straight forward with what you want and he will do everything he can to make that happen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Nichols at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
So far with my treatment its basically been blood work which runs me around $300. I had to have a ultra sound and dye ran into my uterus which I paid out of pocket $750. I had to have a polyp removed in the Greenville office and that was $475. The HCG shots my husband is going to start taking is going to be $320 a month.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
PREG is always prompt with appointments and emailing or calling back. I never had to wait! I was able to work with my schedule for appointment times. Financial department was very informative and helpful with everything. I cannot complain about this clinic.... All of the nurses were great throughout the process. Several were in charge of my care but felt I comfortable with all. They were compassionate and helpful with any questions.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Dr.Nichols wanted what was best for my husband and I and still does. Looking at every number before the process starts allows him to alter the cycle based on our infertility.
Dr. Nichols made me feel excited about our plan with real expectations. He gives the facts and does what is best for our journey. He really does what he can to help in anyway. Although our first cycle was not a success, I would not prefer anyone else to handle my care. He is a great doctor with an abundance of knowledge and I would recommend him to everyone.
Don’t worry! Dr. Nichols will have your best interest at heart and will guide you through the process in the best way.
Describe the protocols John Nichols used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
Our first cycle with Dr. Nichols was a fairly new process called simply ivf. After looking at my prior history, recent blood work, ultrasound and my husbands history, semen analysis and blood work, he felt this was a good plan for us along with my own interest. The process is very controlled and monitored throughout with blood work and ultrasounds to make sure we are at an optimum for a retrieval. If my follicles were not at an optimum state for retrieval we kept going until they were with more days of medicine to get them there. We had a good number of mature eggs for retrieval however my husbands sperm were not able to fertilize my eggs properly making my number of embryos low. We transferred the one good embryo we had and ended with a chemical pregnancy. I agree with every decision made throughout the process and wouldn’t have changed the way the process went. If there is a failed treatment, the doctors come together to talk about a plan of action to get the best result moving forward. I agree with every decision and plan made for our journey.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Monitoring appointments worked perfect with my schedule and I have a full time job. I never had to wait. I never felt like I was rushed. Very efficient office.
Simply ivf cost a standard $5000 plus $1000-$2000 of medicine. That covered monitoring appointments, retrieval, transfer, freezing etc. Stephanie in the financial department was amazing with helping me understand and went above and beyond to break everything down. VERY HELPFUL!!!
Describe John Nichols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Dr. Nichols does recommend a single embryo transfer is most cases, however will consider all things to allow he best option for the best outcome. I agree with his approach.
Greenville
The clinic [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] as a whole is 100% spot on. Every employee is very friendly and prepared for you when you come in. I always follow up to make sure that things have been followed through with, i.e. payments documented, appts scheduled, etc., but I really feel they don't need any checking up on!... Each and every person that we have come in contact with from the front desk staff to Dr. Nichols himself have been wonderful! It's a warm and inviting atmosphere, and that is so very important when you are going through somethings so emotionally and physically involved.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic as a whole is 100% spot on. Every employee is very friendly and prepared for you when you come in. I always follow up to make sure that things have been followed through with, i.e. payments documented, appts scheduled, etc., but I really feel they don't need any checking up on! They're really great!
Dr. Nichols is very good at relating your individual condition with statics. He has a neutral way of communicating and helping one understand their condition what could take place after treatment begins. He is stern but caring, and you know when you leave that he knew exactly which patient he was working with and has a plan for you as an individual/couple.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey Forbes)
The staff at PREG are amazing!! That may sound cliche, but the first RE's office we visited could not hold a candle to them! We love going to our appointments because they are prepared for us. They have our files out ready and waiting for when we walk in the door! Each and every person that we have come in contact with from the front desk staff to Dr. Nichols himself have been wonderful! It's a warm and inviting atmosphere, and that is so very important when you are going through somethings so emotionally and physically involved.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr. Nichols can be blunt at times, but you know he is only trying to convey all of the possible outcomes-- the good, the bad and the ugly. We all know that IVF has all of the above!! At one time, Dr. Nichols was especially compassionate when I broke down while talking about having to ask another woman to carry my child. I always look forward to my visits because I feel I am being treated and cared for by a very knowledgeable doctor.
Be prepared for no nonsense and no sugar coated communication. Dr. Nichols will guide you through everything, but you have to be willing to let him do so.
I will be taking birth control to start followed by Menopur and Lupron. I have not actually started the meds yet so I feel I cannot give much insight on this at this time.
We are using the Simply IVF method, and I know the promotional rate that we were given is no longer available, but it is still just have the cost of traditional IVF-- between 5,000 and 6,000. Of course, we will have to use our gestational carrier for the transfer, and this will be an additional $8000 plus her medications.
This office does allow you to chose whether you want to implant one or two embryos-- not more than two, but they do recommend only transferring one.
2014 - 2017
I can't think of anything but positive to say about PREG! All members of the staff have been very helpful and caring. They usually returned my calls or emails quickly. And have options to help with the cost, like they have an infertility seminar that you can go to once a year and get a coupon for $250 off.... They all always schedule monitoring appointments for early in the morning, so by around 8:30. I don't love having to go to the doctor that early, but it was definitely worth it! Usually when I went for an appointment there was not very many other people waiting.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Payne at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr. Payne has a very warm bedside manner. He is very compassionate and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Biggerstaff)
Stephanie Biggerstaff is the nurse at the Spartanburg office and the IVF coordinator. When I was doing my first IVF cycle in 2012 I only spoke with her on the phone because she was at the Greenville office at the time. When I was trying again in 2014 and 2017 she was the primary nurse at the Spartanburg office. She is truly amazing! She is so compassionate and empathetic. Takes the time to listen and give a hug when you need one. She truly goes the extra mile to make sure each patient receives the best care. I love nurse Stephanie so much that I bring my boys back to visit every so often. She made the infertility journey so much easier.
How was your experience with John Payne at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr. John Payne is a very caring and compassionate doctor. He wasn't the first doctor that I saw at the practice; I actually switched to him because I liked him better. He has an excellent bedside manner. He always took the time to answer any questions I had. He is also extremely knowledgeable about infertility. I would highly recommend him to anyone dealing with infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Payne at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
I guess I would say something that I think is good advice for dealing with any doctor, that you need to be your own advocate with your health care. Speak up for yourself and don't be afraid to ask any questions.
Describe the protocols John Payne used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
I don't remember all the details of the cycles because my last full cycle was in 2014, but I do remember the medications used. I started out on birth control pills, then started injecting Lupron, then Gonal-F. And also estrogen patches and progesterone shots. And of course the hCG shot to trigger ovulation. I don't remember doses, but I always responded very well. For my frozen cycles I just did estrogen patches or pills and progesterone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Payne at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I had insurance coverage for infertility for all but the last cycle. I don't remember exactly because it's been a while but I believe we paid about $2300 for a full cycle. I think they are $10,000 without insurance coverage. I think I paid about $1700 for the frozen cycles, although we had a low out of pocket max (3000 I think) so when we were trying for our 2nd child we ended up paying nothing for a full cycle, because had already done 2 frozen cycles that year. When we were trying for # 3 in 2017 we no longer had fertility coverage and paid $3100 for a frozen cycle.
Describe John Payne's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Dr. Payne was fine with us transferring two embryos. He left the decision up to us whether we wanted to transfer 1 or 2. I don't think he would have supported transferring more. I feel like he explained the risks well of transferring multiple embryos.
Spartanburg
The entire staff [at PREG] was wonderful,! One nurse I did have as little issue with. I passed out at home and then couldn't hold any fluids down after the retrieval. The nurse I spoke with didn't take care if calling in a script in a timely manner, and wasn't compassionate. I told her beforehand that I don't do well with anesthesia and wasn't taken seriously. Other than that, every nurse I came in contact with was phenomenal!! The ladies in the lab showed genuine concern and took the highest care with me, even though I'm prone to passing out from blood draws, they knew to lay me down and didn't take issue with it.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
PREG twas a fabulous clinic to work with. They take time to talk with you prior to making a decision to use fertility treatments. They give you a cost estimate based on your insurance and then give you suggestions to help with cost reduction (applying for prescription assistance, etc). The front staff gets to know you by name so you are greeted when walking in the door. Everyone rejoices in your success with you and takes care of you when you hot road blocks.
He was very personable. He related to us, rejoiced with us and gave us any hard information with understanding and Grace
The entire staff was wonderful,! One nurse I did have as little issue with. I passed out at home and then couldn't hold any fluids down after the retrieval. The nurse I spoke with didn't take care if calling in a script in a timely manner, and wasn't compassionate. I told her beforehand that I don't do well with anesthesia and wasn't taken seriously. Other than that, every nurse I came in contact with was phenomenal!! The ladies in the lab showed genuine concern and took the highest care with me, even though I'm prone to passing out from blood draws, they knew to lay me down and didn't take issue with it.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr Payne was a wonderful doctor to work with. He was compassionate and thorough. He explained every procedure and what to expect. He understood any pain or discomfort and helped when needed. He worked with any personal insecurities.
The only struggle I had was from the anesthesia used for the retrieval. Everything else was fine. I don't remember all the specifics of medication used. I followed the outline as given.
Dr Payne was very insistent on only transferring one embryo the first time as she was the highest possiblequality for a frozen embryo. He wouldn't transfer a second embryo since this was my first cycle and he wanted to do what was the safest for me and my child.
Columbia
The entire staff at PREG was amazing. They were all compassionate and understanding. When the egg monitoring ultrasounds were painful (I had an ovary that liked to hide) - the nurse held my hand. With all of the blood draws, the monitoring, the planning sessions - we were there a lot. And everyone knew our names and our situation.... Total cost was about $15,000 for sperm removal procedure, egg retrieval, embryo development and embryo transfer - and ALL medications for both me and my husband.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The team is very knowledgeable and very, very compassionate. They take the time to know their patients and cultivate relationships. As your planning your family - they feel like an extension of your family.
Dr McCoy and his staff were very welcoming and understanding of our fertility situation. He gave us hope of having a family of our own. They took the time to learn about our history and what we wanted.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: I can't remember - but she was amazing!)
Dr McCoy was always personable and eager to answer all of our questions. He was super knowledgeable - especially about male fertility and sperm retrieval processes (which we had to utilize due to my husbands nerve damage). He was very caring and spoke to use using lay-terms, not medical terms we didn't understand.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - this was all new to us and he was very patient with us and our million questions!
My husband had to have a sperm retrieval procedure. Then I was put on a series of hormone injections to produce a usable number of eggs (I have PCOS, so my number of eggs was never a problem). The eggs were removed and embryo's were developed. Due to my increased level of hormones still in my system, the viable embryos (3) were frozen until my next menstrual cycle. I was then implanted with the 2 most viable embryo's - both of which were successful! I successfully carried 2 girls until the week 20 - when I went into labor. Both girls were born vaginally, but neither survived.
Describe Travis McCoy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
We requested both viable embryo's be transferred due to our age - we wanted a better chance of implantation.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Piedmont Reproduction Endocrinology Group] is very together. They handled all my needs effectively and efficiently. T Staff was very friendly. The clinic has all the necessary lab equipment there, so you didn't have to go other places to get labs done. They were even there on Saturdays and Sundays if needed.... The nursing staff was excellent, caring and compassionate.... Cost was reasonable. Medication, which they have not control over, was very expensive.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is very together. They handled all my needs effectively and efficiently. T Staff was very friendly. The clinic has all the necessary lab equipment there, so you didn't have to go other places to get labs done. They were even there on Saturdays and Sundays if needed.
Dr. Nichols was very honest and very caring during my treatments. With Diminished Ovarian Reserve the prognosis of having a baby was slim. Dr. Nichols allowed me to choose to continue the IVF, even though he thought our chances were only 10%. He not only helped create one baby - but twins with one egg!!
The nursing staff was excellent, caring and compassionate.
Dr. Nichols is a very knowledgeable and compassionate doctor of infertility. He thoroughly explained my situation and grim outlook on becoming pregnant. However, grim the outlook- Dr. Nichols allowed us to try IVF to conceive. I have DOR and only produced 6 eggs the last cycle. 3 were retrieved and one was transferred. We ended up pregnant with twins. I am so grateful that Dr. Nichols allowed us the opportunity to help in the decision to try to conceive. He was very straight-forward in my diagnosis and prognosis. Yet when we decided to try, he did everything in his power to help us be successful in becoming pregnant.
Trust him. He knows what he is doing.
My treatment strategies were IVF without birth control for stimulation because of DOR. unfortunately don't remember the medicines used.
Because we only harvested 3 eggs, and because of my DOR Dr. Nichols was open to transfer more embryos. Only one embryo made it to day 5 and was transferred.
Greenville
Stephanie [nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] was always very knowledgeable and helpful in answering any questions. She remembered little things about my personal life and made sure to make me feel comfortable at each appointment. She was also very encouraging which helped through the painful journey we were on...Strengths of the clinic include knowledge on all things infertility and treatments and personal care. The clinic is always kept very clean and appointments are easy to make. One weakness that comes to mind is the call back can sometimes take a little time. They generally return my calls by the end of the day but sometimes it can be the next day when I really need an answer.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The ladies in his office always knew my name and asked me personal questions regarding events in my life. I did not see Dr. Payne a lot but when I did he was very personable and I felt wanted to help me through the difficult journey of infertility.
Stephanie was always very knowledgeable and helpful in answering any questions. She remembered little things about my personal life and made sure to make me feel comfortable at each appointment. She was also very encouraging which helped through the painful journey we were on.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
I feel that Dr. Payne is very knowledgeable about my conditions and did explain the course of treatment for PCOS and anovulation. He allowed me to make my own decisions regarding how many times I could try a treatment while being realistic on the chances of it being successful. I did not care for the last time that we spoke him pushing IVF but he did explain everything and what to expect with the procedure itself. Of the times we spoke he was very kind and caring.
Research treatments and their success rates. Dr. Payne does not explain success rates in as much detail as he does with IVF.
We started our journey with 5 medicated cycles with timed intercourse. My HSG showed bilateral clear tubes and husbands semen analysis was normal with only mild variation in shape. I did not ovulate on my own so the thought was to add follicle stimulation medication. We did one cycle of clomid with no follicles at CD 12 ultrasound and then switched to femara for five cycles. The femara produced one follicle each month which ranged from 20-25mm. A HCG trigger shot was added with each medicated cycle to induce ovulation and three days of intercourse was suggested after administration of trigger shot. We did not conceive on any of the medicated cycles with timed intercourse. Dr. Payne suggested to try a more invasive procedure since the medicated cycles with timed intercourse seemed to not be enough so we tried IUI. The IUI was with femara and the HCG trigger. I produced one 20-25 follicle each cycle and we trigged with the IUI to follow 24 hours later. My husbands semen counts were between 15-23 million each procedure. We were unsuccessful with the IUI procedures. No explanation could be given and Dr. Payne suggested that we move on to an even more invasive procedure such as IVF as the chance for success after any three consecutive treatments is 30%. So here we are.
Follicle scans were $86 per scan. Lab draws were $45. Semen analysis was $250. IUI procedure was $250.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
I cannot say enough good things about the staff at PREG. From my very first phone call inquiring about the practice, to now having gone through a year of treatment, they have been an absolute blessing. The staff at my previous clinic were cold and robotic, and nothing could be further from the truth here. I love that I have the ability to reach my nurse via phone at most times without having to leave a message and wait for a call back. Emails are returned promptly. Scheduling is easy as my nurse is able to do that as well. The nursing staff that draws blood and the nurses who are in the room during ultrasounds, egg retrievals, and transfers are all so warm and caring. They actually know who I am and remember me when I come back in for my next visit. I drive out of state for treatment at PREG and the staff is definitely one of the reasons that it's worth it.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
PREG is a smaller clinic. I personally have loved this because I get a lot of personalized attention and have easy access to my doctor and nurse. They also have great people on staff who are warm and caring. On the occasions when I don't see my doctor, I am typically seen by one of the other doctors (Dr. Payne). At my old clinic, it was not uncommon to just see a nurse or a nurse practitioner. I like that I am typically seen by a physician here. I also have to say that Dr. Payne is an amazing doctor as well and I feel just as comfortable with him as I do with Dr. Nichols.
I had previously come from a large fertility center in Atlanta where I was just a number to most of the staff. Coming here, I felt that the clinic was small enough that everyone knew who I was. That includes everyone from front desk staff all the way up to my assigned doctor. I can get questions answered quickly because the staff is friendly and is familiar with me as a patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Dr. Nichols has been a great doctor. I was previously at another clinic and one of the first things I noticed here is that I actually get to see my assigned doctor quite a bit. I feel he is familiar with my situation. He takes time to answer all of my questions and even came in on a day he was not scheduled to work to perform an unexpected surgery. He is open to hearing my suggestions and feedback as well.
You will get good medical care but you will also feel like you are more than a number, which is very important.
I first had an antagonist protocol using gonal-f and low dose HCG. I transferred 1 embryo fresh, it led to a chemical pregnancy. We PGS tested and transferred one of the tested embryos. That led to an ectopic pregnancy. We then went into our 2nd retrieval, again using an antagonist protocol with gonal-f and low dose HCG. This time at higher doses of gonal-f.
the cost for IVF at PREG was significantly lower than at clinics in Atlanta
My doctor was willing to transfer more than one embryo, but suggested one, especially once we had PGS tested. My husband and I agreed with his recommendation.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
My prescriptions were called in to the wrong pharmacy multiple times after I had been seeing them for over 6 months. I had to call [PREG] three times in regards to calling in a prescription one time. I called and requested a billing statement for tax purposes left a message and never received a call back, so had to call again. When I ended up with a bill and questioned why as I paid my balance in full at every visit as I was self pay with no fertility coverage Holly became very rude with me and told me it was my responsibility to know how much I am suppose to pay at each visit.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Scheduling is very easy and they work with you on appointment times. The billing office/financial office is very difficult to deal with and can get very rude when questioned as to why your bill is the amount it is. Holly at the Columbia office is very un compassionate and rude.
When we had our first meeting with Dr McCoy it was a positive experience however from there on out, he never remembered our situation or mine or my husbands names. He had to pull up and review our chart every time he saw us.
Every time I was seen it was mostly by a different nurse or NP, they would ask the same questions multiple times during my appointments which made me question if they were even listening to what I was saying.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
When we first started at PREG with Dr McCoy we left feeling very positive however every visit thereafter I feel like they were less than thrilled to see us, never remembered us by name and sometimes we had appointments two or three times a week. My medication pretty much remained the same every cycle with no success cycle after cycle, when asked about moving to the next step of IUI was told it was not much different than doing what we were already doing, but if we wanted we could give it a try. I had to ask for labs to be drawn for my AMH and FSH levels and base line labs. Unfortunately after 10 failed cycles and real no explanation as to why, we decided to seek treatment elsewhere.
Ask every question you can possibly think of, be an advocate of your infertility.
I was started on femara only then after a few cycles of no success the trigger shot ovidrel was added then after a few cycles of no success prednisone was added. Unfortunately none of my cycles ended with success. He diagnosed me with PCOS, tubal blockage and anoovulation. The femara was to due to anoovulation the prednisone was for the PCOS and the ovidrel was to make me ovulate.
Follicle scan was $182 consultation was $150 all my medications were bought at my local pharmacy or through freedom fertility pharmacy
Greenville
Not a long wait in waiting room [Piedmont Reproductive] never no more than 20 minutes Clean, friendly, and enjoyable atmosphere Convenient locations Convenient appointment times No negative comments at all...The office would work with you with payments but would not perform procedures until paid in full which would sometimes delay cycles and treatment!..Stephanie is always so kind and always has a smile on her face! She is there to listen, answer questions, calls back to answer questions or lab results in a timely manner, and is a shoulder to cry on through all the disappointments and failures!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Not a long wait in waiting room never no more than 20 minutes Clean, friendly, and enjoyable atmosphere Convenient locations Convenient appointment times No negative comments at all
Dr Payne was always caring and concerned! Never once did he lose hope and faith that one day I will get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy! He always gave me options to choose from instead of deciding for me and he included me in my plan of care!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Biggerstaff )
Stephanie is always so kind and always has a smile on her face! She is there to listen, answer questions, calls back to answer questions or lab results in a timely manner, and is a shoulder to cry on through all the disappointments and failures! She is truely the sweetest person ever! She is a great person to communicate with through this journey! She has touched so many lives and families in ways she will never understand! Truely amazing!
He always included me in the plan of care and gave me options to choose from for future cycles! Always answered questions fully and was very knowledgeable answering my questions! Great bedside manners! Dr Payne would sometimes seem rushed when meeting with him, however he was the only doctor at the Spartanburg office and if ever you had further questions after getting home you could always call the office and questions would be answered immediately!
Do not give up no matter how long the process is or how many failures you have to go through!
For the 3 IUI procedures, I was taking Femara and gonal-f along with a trigger shot! I was not ovulating or producing eggs of great quality and these medications helped that process! For my IVF egg retrieval I was on an antagonist protocol! This worked very well as 19 eggs were retrieved, 16 were mature, 12 fertilized, and 5 made it to day 5 blasts! We were able to do a fresh transfer of 1 Embryo but this cycled failed as well! My first frozen Embryo transfer I was stimulated with estrace, medrol, and progesterone! We plan on transferring only one Embryo!
the costs of these procedures are extremely expensive however I don't think it's in relation to the office or physician! I feel like, in general, all infertility treatments are extremely expensive! The office would work with you with payments but would not perform procedures until paid in full which would sometimes delay cycles and treatment!
I am a person who is scared of carrying multiples such as twins or triplets because I am a labor and delivery nurse and understand and know the risks of carrying multiples! Dr Payne is very adiment on only transferring just one Embryo for this simple reason! I love that about his plan of care for patients!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
This clinic [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] is great about doing contests and offering discounts. The staff is always nice and knowledgeable... The best thing is that when I have an appointment I pay my co pay and that covers whatever my doctor does that visit whether it is an ultrasound or bloodwork. There are no extra fees and I like that . The office is great about doing discounts too...I honestly haven't seen any weaknesses [with the nurses] .They are kind , understanding , they always return my calls and stay on the phone with me until I understand fully.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This clinic is great about doing contests and offering discounts. The staff is always nice and knowledgeable.
He always takes time with me to explain things well and help me weigh my options !
I honestly haven't seen any weaknesses .They are kind , understanding , they always return my calls and stay on the phone with me until I understand fully.
My doctor has been forthcoming with me about everything I am up against and has dotted every "I" and crossed every "t." So far I have had surgery under him, he has diagnosed me with several issues that allow him to know how to treat me, and he has explained very well my next steps that are leading me toward IVF.
He is a wonderful doctor!
Upon my first appointment in September of 2016, after having had a second miscarriage (and my regular OB didn't even check to make sure everything was cleared)...After just fifteen min of talking to me he knew something wasn't right and did a vaginal ultrasound that very day. He discovered something in my uterus and a hysteroscopy was performed in October to remove it. He also did blood work that very day to diagnose me with low ovarian function and Antiphospholipid syndrome which is a blood clotting disorder. Once I was cleared from my hysteroscopy...I started letrozol rounds in November . I did produce follicles ....But in January after two negative rounds he added injections of Ovedrel to my regimin. After experiencing a fee more negatives he had my husband's sample tested. After it was discovered my husband was fine- he is advising me to have a consultation on IVF due to suspicion that I may have low egg quality due to my miscarriage history and the fact that while the medicine produces multiple follicles -i have still be unable to get pregnant. I still owe all the diagnosis that I have received to him. My regular OB told me I was fine and that I would have to go through another miscarriage before they would even test me via bloodwork ! I am glad I know what I am up against now !!
I don't want to list costs ....But in my state infertility treatments (ivf, etc) are not covered by insurance. The best thing is that when I have an appointment I pay my co pay and that covers whatever my doctor does that visit whether it is an ultrasound or bloodwork. There are no extra fees and I like that . The office is great about doing discounts too
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
The clinic [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] overall is a very organized well ran practice. This practice does strive to meet the standards of ASRM and to provide patients with a pregnancy the quickest and cheapest route. They are willing to help with finances occasionally if able! I like this practice a lot.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic overall is a very organized well ran practice. This practice does strive to meet the standards of ASRM and to provide patients with a pregnancy the quickest and cheapest route. They are willing to help with finances occasionally if able! I like this practice a lot.
Dr. Payne genuinely cares for his patients however, like any medical professional it is their job and sometimes that is evident as they base everything on statistics and often only gives very "GRAY" answers as nothing is very black and white in relation to answers you receive.
Stephanie is amazing! Literally, she is heaven sent in the field of infertility medicine. She is very compassionate. You never feel rushed. She always answers your questions. She laughs with you and cries with you. She is such a blessing.
Dr. Payne is a great reproductive endocrinologist. Although I have not yet achieved the ultimate goal being pregnancy, he does genuinely care for his patients and want the best for us. I do wish I saw him more in the office as I go to a satellite campus and it is primarily ran by the nurses(which are amazing), but it's more trusting to see your physician more often. He is ultimately a good MD.
He moves fast! So if you can't comprehend as fast as he is relaying information to you, ask him to repeat things. Also, don't hesitate to ask for further details about things he may share in relation to statistics.
I did Femara and Clomid for several cycles that failed. I then did Clomid plus Gonal F for a couple cycles and ultimately had one failed IUI cycle. We then decided to move forward with IVF (as Dr Payne also suggested) and I was on the antagonist protocol where birth control was taken then Gonal F and low dose HCG and Cetrotide was added in. I had retrieval and transfer. However, it failed with transferring two perfect quality embryos.
The Femara and Clomid was not that expensive. However, the gonal F is very expensive around 1000 per cycle it is used for stims during TI and IUI. During IVF, the expenses end up being around 10-20K for a normal cycle. Other test like genetic testing, etc are additional cost of around 4-5K. Infertility is not cheap. It is definitely a financial burden for all families undergoing this treatment.
He strongly recommends eSET if you have good quality embryos and are less than 35. However, I went with my gut understanding the risk with potential multiples....and as mentioned previously, transferred two perfect embryos and i am &lt;35 and it did not result in a pregnancy.
Spartanburg
Everyone in both Preg offices are amazing and compassionate.... There offices are amazingly beautiful, clean and welcoming. I love seeing pictures on the walls of previous miracle babies conceived with help of the amazing staff at PREG. The rooms are nicer then most doctors office rooms they really try to make you as comfortable as possible.... The IUI I believe was $550 each try plus I paid $800 for donor sperm....
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Everyone in both Preg offices are amazing and compassionate.
Dr. Nichols wanted to hear what other doctors have done or not done then he explained to me the different options that he could do for me to help me achieve my goal of having a baby. Then he asked me were I felt comfortable starting and how many times we would like to try that option before deciding to move on to the next option. He made me very comfortable and I completely trusted everything he said he knows what he’s talking about. He was the first doctor that I’ve seen that took the time to listen to me and value my opinion.
He is amazing and he wants nothing more than you to end up with your miracle baby at the end of everything and he will do everything in his power to help you.
Well I have PCOS so he started me on metformin I think 2,000 mg a day and Provera to help start my period and when I started my period I would call in and the nurse would call Clomid in to the pharmacy and tell me what day to take it and when to check for ovulation and when to come in for ultrasounds and when to have intercourse or when to come in for the IUI. The first couple times the clomid wasn’t helping so he upped my dose and I also did gonal-f and it helped we did IUI with donor sperm my choice to try and better my odds of conceiving. It unfortunately did not work either. I decided to take a break and think of my next options and I really feel like IVF is the next best option.
The I Ovadril shots were not to pricey in the office I think maybe $50 for one shot and my insurance covered all but $10 of the clomid and all but $5 for the metformin. The IUI I believe was $550 each try plus I paid $800 for donor sperm.
We never got that far.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Alma is the front desk coordinator [at PREG] and she will be your main point of contact. Make friends with her. The clinic is always clean and had very relaxing music playing, usually something along the lines of light rock. There are several things that they do throughout the year, such as Christmas wishes, where you can bring a wish written and put into a clear ornament and it will hang on their Christmas tree for good luck. They are very inclusive. All around the office there are pictures and thank-you cards from successful patients and their new bundles of joy.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Alma is the front desk coordinator and she will be your main point of contact. Make friends with her. The clinic is always clean and had very relaxing music playing, usually something along the lines of light rock. There are several things that they do throughout the year, such as Christmas wishes, where you can bring a wish written and put into a clear ornament and it will hang on their Christmas tree for good luck. They are very inclusive. All around the office there are pictures and thank-you cards from successful patients and their new bundles of joy. Make sure you make them one. The one weakness that we ever experienced, we made well-known to the clinic and they handled the situation. We were in the beginnijng stages and were discussing treatment options with one of the nurses and she said something along the lines Of, "you should take mijne for a day. You wouldn't want to be here and sure wouldn't want twins." I left in tears and my husband was furious because she was working in an office where literally EVERYBODY's point there was to get pregnant, and she made snide comments about her own child and how we wouldn't want one after that. We brought it to the attention of the staff and though she is no longer employed, that comment sticks with me.
I had previously seen another doctor at PREG as well as an RE in another location close by. With the first doctor at PREG (Dr. Nichols), I was slightly younger and my husband (who at the time was my boyfriend) worked 12-hour shifts 7am-7pm so most of the time, he was unable to accompany me. Though he and I had been together for 4-5 years, I felt as though I wasn't taken seriously by Dr. Nichols. He would not discuss anythi mg with me without my partner present and constantly stated we would talk more when my partner was able to be there. I felt patronized. With the second doctor at a different facility, I met with him only once before he called me over the weekend to inform me, in his exact words, that I was "too fat to get pregnant naturally" and that if I were willing to go on the program he and his wife were on, he would consider IVF for me. Dr. Payne was different. I went back to PREG and stated I wanted to be seen by any doctor other than Nichols, and they obliged. Dr. Payne took the time to get to know my husband and I together and separate since we had to go for different thimgs throughout the procedure. He was also frank with us when we asked about our chances, how everything could go, what his plan was, etc. He was an open book and even though he told us realistically our chances, he remained optimistic that we would be pregnant successfully. When we saw our first heartbeat, there were two and he told us that though it was exciting, there was still a chance of an early miscarriage for one or both. We did end up losing one of the twins and he comforted us but took great care in making sure the one we did have was healthy and stable to the best of his ability.
The nurses were absolutely amazing. They knew us by name and we felt more like a family. They always included both me and my husband in everything that was discussed, they allowed us to be together if one of us was uncomfortable, they laughed with us... They were amazing during this time!
Dr. Payne was very upfront from the beginning of the experience. I am overweight and he let me know that, no, I didn't have to lose weight, but if I did, it would be healthier. I never felt pressured to lose weight or that he wouldn't perform the procedure. When he learned my husband was a large part of the problem, he did everything he could to make sure we understood his condition. He was born without his vas defrens, meaning that he had no pathway for the sperm to get out. There were multiple semen analyses done in order to make sure there were no unnecessary procedures done. He took extra care to explain what would happen with the procedure my husband had to remove the sperm because it was my husband's first surgery and he was nervous. He also had nurses come to the waiting room to inform me of how things were going. The only thing I was not 100% satisfied with was that, though we did have an absolutely amazing experience and would choose him every time, he always felt a bit rushed. Im not sure if that was just his peraonality, always going, or if the facility had multiple patients scheduled around a certain time, but he always seemed to give us all the information we needed and asked for in a quick manner. Now don't mistake that as he didn't stay if we needed him. If we had additional questions, he stayed and answered them. It didn't appear to bother him, he never seemed unhappy to have to stay longer with us, and he never sent someone else in to answer our questions. He was just constantly moving with purpose.
Come in with a list of questions and a pen. This is for any doctor you see at PREG but especially Payne. He answers your questions quickly and moves on to the next topic so if you have a list of questions when you go in, you can make sure those questions are answered (write what he says next to the question for easy reference!) And you can also wrote down other questions that arise while he is talking if you don't want to interrupt him and go back to those questions at the end. Basically just make sure anything you wanted to know, you have written down.
I don't remember specifics. I know I was on birth control for a few weeks to trick my body into having a period (they are extremely irregular-- I could have one every month or not have one for 2 years). Once I had my period, I began injections for egg retrieval and growth. I then took estrogen, estrace, and progesterone to keep the embryo happy in my uterus. Without specifics, I remember taking lupron, gonal-f, the estrogen and estrace, progesterone-in-oil, and some other pills throughout the cycle.
My insurance covered a good bit thankfully, but that isn't always the case. We paid out-Of-pocket for our medications (about 4500) as well as for each ultrasound (usually between 150-300). We also paid a portion of the actual cost which totaled about 7000 after insurance. We had financing to cover this.
We were warned that multiple embryo transfer could lead to a higher chance of multiples and were told that having a multiple pregnancy was more risky, but ultimately it was our decision and we went through with transferring two embryos.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
They [Piedmont Reproductive Endo Group] are very patient centered which is one of their biggest strengths. They are very helpful and helped accommodate my crazy schedule. It did take a little bit to get my new patient appointment but never had any further issues getting an appointment when I needed it during my busy schedule. Their one weakness is that the doctors work in multiple offices and only work at the Columbia clinic certain days a week. This meant sometimes when I went to see the nurse he was not at that office to look at my results personally. He would either be called or another doctor would step in. However, I felt comfortable with the office and this was not a big issue but is a weakness.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are very patient centered which is one of their biggest strengths. They are very helpful and helped accommodate my crazy schedule. It did take a little bit to get my new patient appointment but never had any further issues getting an appointment when I needed it during my busy schedule. Their one weakness is that the doctors work in multiple offices and only work at the Columbia clinic certain days a week. This meant sometimes when I went to see the nurse he was not at that office to look at my results personally. He would either be called or another doctor would step in. However, I felt comfortable with the office and this was not a big issue but is a weakness.
He sat down with me and truly listened. He helped answer any questions we had, even they crazy you should know this one with no judgement. He was great at answering question with enough medical detail for me as a nurse, but able to explain perfectly to my husband with no medical background. He hugged us, did not pressure us and supported us through the process and all the tears along the way.
They were there for me to answer every crazy question I had. They always told me to never worry about any question that they are there to help me. They were my support when my husband could not be there. They helped cheer me up after crying. They made you feel positive about moving forward without giving false hope. They were everything I could have hope for in a nurse.
I went to him because I had heard nothing but great reviews. I worked as a high risk obstetric nurse and my patients spoke the world of him. When my husband and I decided to see a fertility specialist I did not want to see anyone else. He was everything my patients told me about him and more. He was so caring but at the same time realistic. When he felt it was no longer a good option for our goal of becoming pregnant he would tell us. He would still give us the option to continue what we were doing or to move to the next step. I would never question if he was wanting us to change due to he could make more money. My heart knew he felt this was the best choices for us. He was was there a doctor,as well as, a support person. When I would leave crying after any further complications or bad news he was there to help me through what ever was going on at the time. When we decided it was time to step away from infertility treatments for a while he supported us and promised he would do anything to help us when we were ready to return. I would recommend him to anyone and have recommended him to many people since, who have all felt the same.
Be open to him and let him listen to your story.
He started out with femara. The first few cycle days then I would come for ultrasounds to measure the number of follicles and sizes. At that point he would instruct me to admister a trigger shot and would instruct us to have timed intercourse every other day based on when the shot was given. I would take a pregnancy test at the time of my period and call back with results. We repeated this several month due to I had responded well to the femara. Later we did the same thing but instead of time intercourse we did IUI which followed the same procedure.
I had insurance that had fertility coverage. I do not remember the exact costs with or without my insurance. It was very reasonable with my insurance.
We did not experience this due to we did not have IVF.
Columbia
I loved the intimacy of the [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] Spartanburg office, and it was an easy drive from where I live. My only complaint is that I couldn't do the IUI's there (because I was using donor sperm, and they could only store that at the Greenville office)...The nurses were mostly nice and helpful. One nurse was somewhat negative when doing my follicle scan for the medicated cycle, as she seemed disappointed that I only had one mature follicle with two smaller ones. I was happy with those results, however, because I had been concerned about the risk of multiples.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I loved the intimacy of the Spartanburg office, and it was an easy drive from where I live. My only complaint is that I couldn't do the IUI's there (because I was using donor sperm, and they could only store that at the Greenville office).
Office staff was friendly and remembered me when I came for follow-up visits. Dr. Nichols listened, took me seriously, and seemed to genuinely care about helping me get pregnant. He could tell I had done a lot of research ahead of time, and he did not question my decision to pursue IUI and a single woman.
I saw Dr. Nichols for the initial consult, the HSG, and my 2nd IUI. He was respectful and clearly optimistic about my prospects of achieving pregnancy. He initially recommended Clomid due to my history of unsuccessful home inseminations, but he told me it was may choice. I chose to do an unmedicated cycle first, but when that didn't work and my post-ovulation progesterone came back low, I agreed to try Clomid for the 2nd try, which is the one that worked.
Do your own research ahead of time so that he won't have to spend a lot of time going over "the basics" and can focus on your individual situation.
He recommended I start with a medicated IUI cycle using Clomid, based on my history of 4 unsuccessful home inseminations, but he made it clear that it was my choice whether or not to use medication. I chose not to use Clomid for my first IUI, but I did use a trigger shot. When that cycle didn't work, I agreed to a prescription for 50mg Clomid to take cycle days 3-7, and that IUI resulted in my daughter.
My insurance covered all office visits (consult, blood work, HSG, IUIs, and ultrasounds) with a copay. I had to pay out-of-pocket for sperm processing, which I think was $100, and for the trigger shot, which was $50 each time.
12 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
The nursing staff [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] was really good. Everyone from the receptionist to the lady who drew my blood to the lady who did all my paperwork. I was always greeted with a smile and they always asked how I was feeling. They even listened to me rant and rave about my newly diagnosed cancer situation. I felt very comfortable with the nursing staff, nurse, and care coordinator.
12 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strengths - Very personable staff. Office temperature is nice (not freezing). Never overlycrowded when I went at my appointment time. They always call and give results or further instructions when necessary. Weakness - I still can't think of a weakness.
Dr. Payne took the time to understand my personal situation. He knew how important egg retrieval was to me and he treated the situation with care. He took the time to research and understand the treatment I was about to undergo for breast cancer treatment. He even called to check and see how things were going. I couldn't ask for more.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Thomason)
The nursing staff was really good. Everyone from the receptionist to the lady who drew my blood to the lady who did all my paperwork. I was always greeted with a smile and they always asked how I was feeling. They even listened to me rant and rave about my newly diagnosed cancer situation. I felt very comfortable with the nursing staff, nurse, and care coordinator.
Dr. Payne is very knowledgeable about cancer and how his treatments may have affected me. He was cautious about the amount of treatment (injections) he was giving me. I could see that he was very concerned. Even when I had to see another doctor once because he was out of the office, he made sure that I would be comfortable with the doctor and he checked to see how things went when he returned. I'm praying Dr. Payne will still be available when I move forward with having a baby. I can't think of one weakness to share about Dr. Payne. Just an overall great doctor!
Be prepared to be pampered and have a doctor that actually listens and addresses your concerns.
I don't remember all of the strategies, but I can say that he made sure the treatments were of minimal affect on the breast cancer situation. He made sure he did not give me anything that would have made things much worse. He even contacted my doctor to make sure his treatment strategies would be suitable.
2011 - 2012
The staff at PREG's Spartanburg office are very caring and compassionate! I have been a patient there since 2011, and the faces have changed.... I highly recommend PREG to anyone dealing with infertility. The staff is very compassionate. My phone calls or emails have always been returned promptly, usually the same day. I especially love nurse Stephanie at the Spartanburg office. She and the rest of the staff really go the extra mile to make sure you receive the best care!
2011 - 2012
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I wouldn't exactly say I was treated like a number, but I didn't feel like he had a very good bedside manner.
The staff at PREG's Spartanburg office are very caring and compassionate! I have been a patient there since 2011, and the faces have changed. Like the primary nurse when I did my first cycle had retired by the time I went back to try for our second child. But I have never received anything but the best care.
Dr. Nichols was the first doctor that I saw at PREG, but I ended up switching to a different doctor later because I liked him better. I felt that Dr. Nichols did not have a great bedside manner and did not always say things in a caring and compassionate way. However he is a very skilled doctor and he did do both of the transfers that were successful.
I would recommend seeing Dr. Payne instead.
The cycle that I was a patient of Dr. Nichols was a full cycle. I don't remember exact doses but I can give the drugs that were used. Birth control first, then Lupron to shut down the ovaries. Then I took Gonal-F, estrogen patches, and progesterone shots. Doses of the Gonal-F were increased as needed after each monitoring appointment. I did really well with this protocol as it resulted in our first son!
The monitoring appointments are always first thing in the morning, but they have to do it that way so they can get the blood work to the lab and be able to tell you that day if there will be any changes to your meds. There were usually not very many other people waiting and my wait was not more than 15 minutes.
I believe I paid about $2300 for a full IVF cycle. That didn't include meds. I don't remember exactly how much I paid for those. I had infertility coverage for the medical and the medications.
I don't think my doctor had a preference. I doubt he would have supported transferring more than 2, not that we would have wanted to. We were educated on the risks.
2005 - 2012
Everyone [PREG] treated my husband and myself with compassion and concern.... The absolute hardest part was payment. I had excellent insurance and was considered "one of the lucky ones." However, I still had to pay 20% and all of my medications. It was a huge financial strain and sometimes, I did not feel the compassion in the billing department.... Dr. Nichols was absolute the perfect combination of a doctor with great bedside manner and blunt honesty.
2005 - 2012
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The absolute hardest part was payment. I had excellent insurance and was considered "one of the lucky ones." However, I still had to pay 20% and all of my medications. It was a huge financial strain and sometimes, I did not feel the compassion in the billing department. :)
Dr. Nichols was absolute the perfect combination of a doctor with great bedside manner and blunt honesty. With each failed pregnancy attempt, before a successful pregnancy, Dr. Nichols would call me to check on me and encourage me. He was simply the best!
It has been so long that I do not remember their names, but I never once felt like I was not cared for. Everyone treated my husband and myself with compassion and concern.
I honestly do not feel like there were any weaknesses to speak of. Every concern I had Dr. Nichols addressed and ultimately, made me feel better about. It was my favorite thing about him. I trusted his opinion and expertise and I felt confident in each step in my journey.
Tell him everything that scares you or concerns you. He really wants to know.
I went through a couple of cycles of ovulation "stimulator" drugs. Then, we did exploratory surgery to confirm that I had endometriosis. Soon after, I went through IUI as failed attempts. After a year of failed pregnancies, we discovered that my endometriosis was just as bas as it was in the beginning. I had another surgery to "clean" me out and then we decided to go straight to In vitro for best results. The first attempt was failed, but we had frozen embryos. The second IVF was performed as soon as possible and it was successful.
I do not remember the total....It was too daunting to think about. :) However, my insurance covered 80% of my treatment, otherwise there is no way we could have gone through with IVF. I have a beautiful 16 yr. old because of Dr. Nichols and that 80%.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic staff [at Piedmont Reproductive Group- Columbia] are friendly and engaging. They were helpful and sought answers effectively. The space itself was neat and comfortable. Also, the waiting room was quiet. However, bring your sweater.. it can be a littl chilly.... The nursing staff returned phone called within timely fashion and answered questions to the best of their ability. During the exams they were friendly and engaging.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic staff are friendly and engaging. They were helpful and sought answers effectively. The space itself was neat and comfortable. Also, the waiting room was quiet. However, bring your sweater.. it can be a littl chilly.
Dr. M was honest and upfront. He did not make promises about our ability to become or maintain a pregnancy. However, he did improve my overall quality of life by addressing the health of my uterus. He answered all my questions and did not make me feel like I was bothering him.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr. McCoy was very caring and made sure all my questions were answered. When I had a setback he was responsive and did not dismiss as if I did not know my body. The pain I had prior to surgery has decreased due to surgery and pelvic floor therapy.
Go with your questions ready. Dr. McCoy did not make me feel rush and he listened to my symptoms. He explained that the pain I was having was not normal and should not have been ignored
Dr. MCCoy’s focus was to make sure my uterus was healthy and ready to become pregnant if that was Gods plan. He removed endometriosis and fibroids that were causing me extreme pain and the focus was to improve my quality of life.
The cost was reasonable.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Strengths: very kind offices and compassionate and very tentative. Weakness: I really don’t have any complaints honestly, it would be nice to see the doctor more often but not always necessary. I think this [PREG] is a great clinic and would refer anyone... [Nursing Staff] They are all so very kind and compassionate. They always call back promptly after leaving messages answers every question in detail, always explain procedures and results
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strengths: very kind offices and compassionate and very tentative. Weakness: I really don’t have any complaints honestly, it would be nice to see the doctor more often but not always necessary. I think this is a great clinic and would refer anyone
He is always very kind and understanding, explains everything in detail and answers all my questions.
He is very kind and to the point and that’s what I Love about him. Always answers all my questions and is willing to help in any way. A great doctor very caring. He sat me down after my first set of labs and went through and explained each one and what they meant, trying to give me some answers as to all of my losses. I would recommend him highly to anyone struggling with infertility
To listen to his advice and try to do everything he says
He started me on femara to induce ovulation,because I had been on clomid for way to long. Then I come in for a follicle scab on day 11, based on that I will do an hcg trigger shot, then 3 days post ovulation I will start progesterone suppositories to help try and prevent miscarriage. I also am on daily aspirin and metformin due to pcos and pregnancy loss.
Iui:475$ Hcg shot 80$ Ultrasound copay:50$
Asheville
Emilie Smith was my coordinator [at PREG] and I could not have asked for anyone better. There are not enough words to describe how wonderful she is. Catherine was my nurse in the OR at the office and she is also amazing. They made me as comfortable as I could be with all of my procedures throughout the process and I can’t thank them enough for their kindness. Both are perfect for their jobs!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Everyone was extremely friendly and knew your name and the cleanliness of the clinic was wonderful. Everyone took time with us if needed and made sure we were always comfortable and understood what was going on
Dr. Whitman and her whole staff were always very comforting and understanding throughout the whole process. We were always made to feel comfortable and like we were a main priority every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Emilie Smith)
Emilie Smith was my coordinator and I could not have asked for anyone better. There are not enough words to describe how wonderful she is. Catherine was my nurse in the OR at the office and she is also amazing. They made me as comfortable as I could be with all of my procedures throughout the process and I can’t thank them enough for their kindness. Both are perfect for their jobs!
She was excellent and very knowledgeable. She made sure I was comfortable and explained things to me each visit I saw her. I was treated like a priority every visit. Her demeanor is so calm and she is just wonderful to deal with.
We used low dose HCG 20 mg and Gonal F 300 to start with then bumped to 375 dosage. Cetrotide, Keflex, Aspirin, Pregnyl trigger, Estradiol, and Progesterone in oil 1/2 ml were also used
With everything we paid for last year totaled a bit over 12,700.00 not including the 5000.00 in medicines we spent this year
Columbia
Strength [for PREG]: There's always someone on staff to help you, even when you're frustrated about your treatment. They get things resolved. Weakness: There's something very "assembly line" about the whole process, I supposed. I also wished they had elaborated more on their donor embryo program, too. It was mentioned once and never again. At least that's cheaper than IVF.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strength: There's always someone on staff to help you, even when you're frustrated about your treatment. They get things resolved. Weakness: There's something very "assembly line" about the whole process, I supposed. I also wished they had elaborated more on their donor embryo program, too. It was mentioned once and never again. At least that's cheaper than IVF.
I only saw him once and that was during my initial consultation.
They were friendly enough when it came to my inseminations. They always checked everything to make sure I was getting what I was supposed to get. They were...nurses.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He was fine, but I hardly ever saw him. At least he was open to my thoughts about trying IUI at my age, though he had discussed IVF with me. I told him that wasn't an option because I had only set aside a certain amount of money to "just see what happens". He respected that and so we went ahead. However, I had only seen him in passing after that. Most of my time was spent with the nurses.
Ask all of your questions and them some because he will answer them.
I got IUI 3 times. I didn't have any history (not really) of infertility other than I'm single. You can't make a baby with just an egg, you know. Anyway, we knew that because of my age and my DOR that it might not be possible to get pregnant, but we went with IUI anyway. IVF would've been the better way to go, but not at those prices.
About $4500
My doctor didn't go that approach.
Greenville
Great clinic. Small but easy to find. When calling the clinic always easy to speak with someone. Always clean. Did a great job at providing privacy. At each appointment theWaiting time was appropriate.... The nurses at Preg were great communicators. They were caring and compassionate. Always did a great job explaining medications and procedures. Performed their task in a timely manner.... Each iui was 400 dollars, not counting the medications, between medications and the ivf treatment it was about 20,000 to 25,000 dollars.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The doctors at Preg always went out of their way to listen to you, give advice, provide excellent care, and take the time for each of their patients. It always felt like a family when being cared for at Preg
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey)
He is a Compassionate, caring, and understanding doctor. He always gave us all our options and what he thought would be best for our situation. He had a great bedside manner. He took the time to explain things when we had questions or didn’t understand something. He was encouraging during the process of our treatmen.
A great fertility doctor, very educated in fertility treatments
Suggested to attempt iui, after the second failed attempted he suggested ivf but gave the option to try iui one more time.
While doing fertility treatment insurance did not cover the treatments. Each iui was 400 dollars, not counting the medications, between medications and the ivf treatment it was about 20,000 to 25,000 dollars. We spent the extra money to get the embryos tested and we are glad we did considering we only had one perfect little miracle out of 4 good embryos.
Asheville
Stephanie [a nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] was very knowledgeable and worked extensively to coordinate with our insurance to make sure we got all medications needed and on time. She worked after-hours and had the unpleasant task of delivering bad news to us, which she did with compassion and timeliness.... The secretary at the Greenville office was rude and I dreaded every interaction with her. All other staff was exceptional and knowledgeable and taught me so much. I never had to wait and everyone is pleasant
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Dr. McCoy went the extra mile to explain everything and address all my concerns throughout the whole process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie was very knowledgeable and worked extensively to coordinate with our insurance to make sure we got all medications needed and on time. She worked after-hours and had the unpleasant task of delivering bad news to us, which she did with compassion and timeliness.
Dr McCoy was very honest about the chances of success. He was always optimistic, however slim the chances were. I was always treated with respect. He seemed to genuinely care about our success and was willing to work with us to accomplish our goals
Dr McCoy will go over all the options with you if you just ask!
The initial protocol we used was not successful and he made drastic changes to improve our odds with the next cycle. He seemed very knowledgeable about the various protocols and when the first one did not work, he suggested a different one that worked a lot better and his reasoning was sound.
Our insurance had a generous infertility benefit so I do not remember all the costs associated but I remember estimates were in the $25k range
Dr McCoy recommended we transfer the “best looking” embryos based on their grade. We agreed early on on a maximum amount per transfer.
Spartanburg
The nursing staff [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] are wonderful! They are so compassionate and patient. They are also very knowledgeable and can explain rationale over again if need be.... The clinic in Asheville is smaller, but nice! They are unable to do some procedures at this clinic and therefore offer those procedures in either the hospital near by (which is way more expensive) or in their Greenville/Spartanburg office which is a little drive away. Also, Dr. Nichols travels between the offices and is currently only at the Asheville clinic on Wednesdays.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
He was very personal and professional at the same time. He never made me feel like my specific issues didn't matter or were "just a number".
The nursing staff are wonderful! They are so compassionate and patient. They are also very knowledgeable and can explain rationale over again if need be.
Dr. Nichols is brilliant at what he does. He is on the "blunt" side of explanations, but he is thorough and makes sure there is complete understanding. He is a busy man, but he does take time to get to know you specifically in order to best treat you.
Know yourself! Have a full history ready when you go for your first appointment. And also to be ready for some hard truths at times, but know that they are necessary!
For all three cycles we used Femara 7.5mg along with Gonal-F injections and HCG trigger shots. I unfortunately did not ovulate on any of the cycles, even when we upped dosages on the injections.
Unfortunately my insurance did not cover any costs at PREG, however my husbands insurance covered some of the appointments/treatments/ultrasounds. Otherwise, we would have paid $400+ a visit.
Asheville
The Wait time for each visit has been very short and appointment availability has been great. I would recommend anyone and call for a consultation appointment ASAP. I will be able to give more information once we start and go through our IVF cycle.... [Nursing Staff at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] Upbeat, friendly and very knowledgeable... Started out with injections (3 cycles) and due to age and time and insurance and our infertility diagnosis we are moving towards IVF.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Personal consultation and follow up visits. His bed side manor was excellent and even though I know he deals with couples trying to grow their families on a daily basis I still felt he cared about my husband and I and not just another patient.
Upbeat, friendly and very knowledgeable
I truely felt like he cared about our situation even though I know he has a lot of patients he sees everyday. I felt like he was going to do everything possible to help us grow our family. He did a good job answering our questions and explaining different options.
Schedule a consultation appointment ASAP.
Consultation appointment cost, day 12 follicle scan, follow up blood work, X-ray scan
Greenville
Overall I think it is a great clinic [PREG]! I wish I didn’t have to come back so many times for the ultra sounds and blood work but understand it is part of the process and they have to be done on different days. Since that’s not their fault, they are great!...I have only met with Dr. McCoy once during my many visits per month but I definitely trust him and he seems very knowledgeable and trustworthy...
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Overall I think it is a great clinic! I wish I didn’t have to come back so many times for the ultra sounds and blood work but understand it is part of the process and they have to be done on different days. Since that’s not their fault, they are great!
Dr. McCoy was very personable.
I have only met with Dr. McCoy once during my many visits per month but I definitely trust him and he seems very knowledgeable and trustworthy. After over a year of trying different l, low dosages of clomid and letrizole with my OBGYN, I felt more hope talking with Dr. McCoy in one visit. 4 cycles later, I have another meeting with him next week to talk about my next steps.
Just make sure to bring a list of questions, he is happy to answer.
We started with 7 days of Letrozole and Prednisone and switched it to 10 days because the follicles weren’t quite where they wanted them yet. On cycle 3, I had three large follicles but still didn’t get pregnant. On 4 now but only had one follicle.
With BCBS insurance about a $70 co pay for every visit, which in 4 months has been 11 visits.
Greenville
The nursing staff [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] was so nice when we went in and they return phone calls and emails immediately.... We didn't have to wait long at all for a appointment. They are very successful at what they do and I can't wait until we get our miracle baby. Their office is so inviting with all the baby pictures on the wall.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
We have followed this clinic on facebook for over four years and I finally broke down and called them. We didn't have to wait long at all for a appointment. They are very successful at what they do and I can't wait until we get our miracle baby. Their office is so inviting with all the baby pictures on the wall.
Dr. McCoy sat down and talked to us for almost two hours and gave us answers we have been longing for-for over five years. We go back in May and I can't wait to finish this journey
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Mikayla Carver)
The nursing staff was so nice when we went in and they return phone calls and emails immediately.
Dr. McCoy made us feel 100% better about continuing on with our treatments. He explained and gave us answers that we was wanting for years. We should have went to see him sooner. I feel that PREG will be our answer to our prayer and we will finally get pregnant from their treatments.
He explains everything and is very understanding.
Our insurance don't pay for fertility treatments but it wasn't that expensive to see him!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Some of the strengths [of PREG] are that they are friendly and always willing to help. Sometimes they are busy so you may have to call back more than once. There is a website that you can use to communicate as well if you can not reach them on the phone.... They [the nurses] are completely awesome, I have a lot of miscarriages that have left me discouraged but they are always friendly and helpful.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Some of the strengths are that they are friendly and always willing to help. Sometimes they are busy so you may have to call back more than once. There is a website that you can use to communicate as well if you can not reach them on the phone.
I truly enjoy not only Dr. Payne but his entire staff, infertility is not fun and can leave you very vulnerable. Dr. Payne has always kept me inform on what would be the best option for my husband and I without making feel unimportant. I would recommend anyone to him.
They are completely awesome, I have a lot of miscarriages that have left me discouraged but they are always friendly and helpful.
My experience with Dr. Payne has been wonderful, he listens to my concerns and whatever wild thought I come up with he does not just dismiss it. My only con (which is not really a con) is that all his other patients feel the same so sometimes you have to wait a couple weeks to see him.
Just be patient and trust that he has your best interest at heart
We tried Pravera and he explained to me how I needed to take when I needed to come in and what my chances would be.
It varied because I have a deductible with my insurance but it was ranged from $40-$150
2008 - 2018
The clinic [PREG] is very clean and organized. You are given information from the time you walk in the door until you leave out. So you never feel like your questions are not being answered.You are shown everything that you are going to go through step by step. Financial staff is also great at breaking things down to you for cost.
2008 - 2018
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is very clean and organized. You are given information from the time you walk in the door until you leave out. So you never feel like your questions are not being answered.You are shown everything that you are going to go through step by step. Financial staff is also great at breaking things down to you for cost.
I felt that Dr. W-Elia listened to my concerns. She did all necessary test to determine my correct treatment for success. Everything was explained to me a manner that I understood even risk. All that she stated was correct and so ended up with a beautiful son.
They are currently working with me with timing no finances. So I get return call right away and questions are always answered to an understanding manner.
You could tell she was very compassionate in what she was doing. I felt the emotions from her while hearing my story and my issues: I felt like she genuinely cared and wanted me to get pregnant. Not just for ratings but for my happiness.
Expect for her to do everything she possibly can to help you to conceive.
I'm not completely sure but any where from 10000- 14000
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Hands down, Stephanie was the best nurse [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group]! She was very understanding and good about answering any questions that I had. She was always available and prompt if I needed anything. I probably would have gave up if it were not for her. She made time for me and was always accommodating.... This clinic has several offices that are available that work together if needed. I never had trouble getting appointments or getting in touch with someone if necessary. All of the staff and doctors are very knowledgeable and can accommodate a wide variety of needs.
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
All of my concerns were addressed and everyone was very patient and caring about my diagnosis and plan of treatment.
Hands down, Stephanie was the best nurse! She was very understanding and good about answering any questions that I had. She was always available and prompt if I needed anything. I probably would have gave up if it were not for her. She made time for me and was always accommodating.
Dr. Nichols was very professional and was willing to give me choices based on my fertility diagnosis. I was never limited in what treatment that they would consider or course of action throughout my treatment. Any questions that I had were addressed and I never felt rushed.
Do not be afraid to ask questions or advice on course of treatment.
First IUI cycle was with clomid.
Insurance covered some expenses. Overall total treatment care was at or a little over $25,000.
I was given an option to transfer one embryo or two. It was advised to only transfer one embryo at a time since they were of high quality. The doctor was very good at explaining the process and the pros and cons of one versus two.
Spartanburg
Overall [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] it is great. Sometimes crowded and long wait times but the staff, nurses and doctors are always helpful and professional...She [nurse] is excellent - fully explained IVF process, medications, timeline. Was always available for questions and genuinely cared about how we were doing during the whole process....
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Overall it is great. Sometimes crowded and long wait times but the staff, nurses and doctors are always helpful and professional.
He knew who we were and remembered things about us that were not relevant to treatment - like where my husband works.
She is excellent - fully explained IVF process, medications, timeline. Was always available for questions and genuinely cared about how we were doing during the whole process.
We liked Dr. Payne overall. Didn’t see him for every procedure but we didn’t expect to and that was okay. The doctors in the practice work closely together so we felt comfortable with any of them. Actually preferred having multiple people invested in our treatment.
Ask plenty of questions - he is good at explaining but doesn’t necessarily give all the info unless you specifically ask.
We used an aggressive micro dose flare protocol. Lupron, low dose HCG, Gonal-F.
We had some insurance coverage for our IVF cycle. Ended up paying about $8000 out of pocket, including medications.
We only had 2 viable embryos so transferred both. The clinic offers eSET but we didn’t feel it was the right choice for us.
Greenville
Emilie Smith is the nurse practitioner that does all of our ultrasound scans. She also did our IUI. She is absolutely AMAZING! I email her constantly with questions and she is always quick to respond. She's also super friendly!... The office I go to was recently merged with PREG. There have definitely been some pains with that but they seem to be getting better.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I was frustrated with my experience early on due to the office staff. I expressed my concerns and Dr. Payne contacted me after hours one night and talked with me for nearly an hour.
Dr. Payne was very receptive to my needs. He was as detailed as I needed during our discussions. He really listened to our concerns and made us feel comfortable with our plan of action. We are yet to conceive but feel confident we are headed in right direction under Dr. Payne's care.
Just ask questions!
Because I have PCOS we started off using only oral medications and trigger shots to force ovulation. We did that for 5 months. We did our first round of IUI last week...too early for results just yet.
IUI approximately $900
Columbia
The staff in the Asheville, NC office [of PREG] (where I went the most) were kind of clueless. They never told me the next steps or scheduled the next appointment unless I was persistent about asking. You really have to take control of your own treatment because the staff won't walk you through it..... Lindsay was a caring nurse who took time out to answer my emails. She didn't always seem super knowledgeable, but perhaps she was still learning. Some of the office staff were a little clueless.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The staff in the Asheville, NC office (where I went the most) were kind of clueless. They never told me the next steps or scheduled the next appointment unless I was persistent about asking. You really have to take control of your own treatment because the staff won't walk you through it.
Dr. Payne treated us like intelligent people. He didn't talk down to us. He took time to answer our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Catalano)
Dr. Payne was great. He was kind, smart, and patient with us. He seemed like he'd be flexible if you wanted to try something different. He was competent, but not arrogant. I never got the feeling that he was too busy to talk with us. We'd tried IUI several times at a different clinic, but he recommended IVF and it worked!
Watch out for some of the other doctors
We did one cycle of IUI that did not work. Since we'd done a couple of IUI cycles elsewhere, we moved on to IVF. We ended up with 5 viable embryos. We transferred one embryo. Now we have a healthy and happy 15 month old daughter!
I think it all cost around $20,000
Since it worked, I'm glad we did single embryo transfer. Twins would have been difficult.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
They [PREG] get you in fast, the front desk is great and will really work with you. IFV is expensive and our insurance wouldn't cover so we reviewed options for loans. The staff really seem to care about each patient. They still call me to check up on my son and he is 18 months now.... $20,000 for 3 IUI, 1 fresh IVF, 1 frozen IVF... They [nurses] always knew who I was and were very compassionate. One of the nurses had been through infertility treatments and so could relate.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They get you in fast, the front desk is great and will really work with you. IFV is expensive and our insurance wouldn't cover so we reviewed options for loans. The staff really seem to care about each patient. They still call me to check up on my son and he is 18 months now.
All the nurses and the doctor were very genuine. I even brought my son in to see everyone at a few weeks old and they were all very excited!
They always knew who I was and were very compassionate. One of the nurses had been through infertility treatments and so could relate.
Dr. Nichols was very straight forward and always positive with me. He was fast and efficient as going through these procedures are not fun but he always made you feel special and like your day was going to come to have the baby you always wanted.
He is very straight forward, no sugar coating.
3 IUI's, recommended that we move on to IVF. 1st Fresh transfer of one embryo did not take so we transferred 2 embryos frozen and we had a baby with one.
$20,000 for 3 IUI, 1 fresh IVF, 1 frozen IVF
Asheville
[Piedmont Repro - G'ville] Watch your bills. You'll end up with a different price every time you come. Also, keep an eye on your records because I've had a few times where thing either had to get confirmed and the left hand wasn't talking to the right hand. KNOW YOUR PROTOCOL....I'm not sure if the doctors talk to each other, but I've seen just about all of them. They either don't know what's going on or don't convey the information to the other.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
My insurance seemed to be the only thing that mattered. Also, LONG wait times in the office.
They were fine. The IUIs were more painful than I remembered with my last RE.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He's nice and gives you some information you need, but I was hoping for more in terms of things I might be able to do on my own that would increase my chances of getting pregnant. Instead, I had to go to online forums and places like that to learn about stuff like DHEA and whether or not it would work. I couldn't afford IVF or donor eggs, so things like that were my only option and they weren't explored.
Go in armed with your questions no matter how ludicrous they may sound. You're the patient who's most likely paying out of pocket, so get everything you can out of all your visits.
I was on clomid at 100mg and doing IUI each time.
About $550 per visit. That price never seemed to stay the same though.
Greenville
The office [for PREG] in Spartanburg is small so you have to go to Greenville for the procedures. That is the most inconvenient thing. Other than that, the Spartanburg office is convenient and they work with your schedule to get you in and out.... Dr. Payne and his entire staff made us feel like we were the only person in the office. They are caring and compassionate and will do whatever you need to put you at ease during the process.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The office in Spartanburg is small so you have to go to Greenville for the procedures. That is the most inconvenient thing. Other than that, the Spartanburg office is convenient and they work with your schedule to get you in and out.
They are the best!!! They go out of their way to make you feel at ease.
Dr. Payne set out a pregnancy plan from A-Z and was clear and thorough. Although he almost gave me a heart attack with the suggestion, he actually convinced me to carry mine and my wife's first child :)
He will put you at ease.
I was on Clomid the first cycle and it ended with a negative pregnancy. The dose was increased the second time, and I have a healthy, happy 2-year old. We also did an injection to prompt ovulation.
We had fertility insurance so the most expensive cost was the initial bloodwork. After that, everything was covered at 70%.
2012 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
[Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group is a] smaller setting where you are treated like a person. Everyone knows your name when you get there and is so supportive!...Cost for the IVF was $10,000 but between the first appointments and then medications we spent a total of about 18,000....The interactions in the office are mainly with the nurses and they are fantastic! They take the time and are easy to reach even by email.
2012 - 2015
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Smaller setting where you are treated like a person. Everyone knows your name when you get there and is so supportive!
The interactions in the office are mainly with the nurses and they are fantastic! They take the time and are easy to reach even by email. I don't feel that I had as much of a relationship with the Doctor as I did with them.
The best! They still email Me to see how the pregnancy is going.
He gave me the information I needed and made recommendations that made sense.
You won't see him a ton but will see him when necessary.
Aggressive stim cycle due to diminished ovarian reserve. Recommendation to start supplements and acupuncture 3 months prior. This was second cycle of IVF we did. I only had 5 eggs and 3 that were viable and transferred but this cycle resulted in a healthy baby. The first cycle was 3 years prior, we weren't as aggressive and I had more eggs retrieved and fertilized but no pregnancy.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Nursing staff [PREG] expect you to know what happens next and that it is all normal and not an emotional process. Compassion is lacking in quite a few employees.... Clinics strengths are that it has good doctor's to choose from. Weakness is that many of the staff lack compassion. Make sure to ask what is next. They will expect you to know what comes next.... Dr. McCoy is great but only saw him twice throughout the whole entire process.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Clinics strengths are that it has good doctor's to choose from. Weakness is that many of the staff lack compassion. Make sure to ask what is next. They will expect you to know what comes next. Ask questions
Dr. McCoy is great but only saw him twice throughout the whole entire process. Another "new" doctor did all of my ultrasounds, retrevial, and transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
Nursing staff expect you to know what happens next and that it is all normal and not an emotional process. Compassion is lacking in quite a few employees.
Covered all possible scenarios with what the possibilities could be and explained what was going on with our bodies. Told us that we would have to do specific treatment as the others just would not work. Then when treatment failed came up with a new plan for next cycle.
Chose hum, he is very experienced.
Columbia
[PREG is] Very accommodating with schedules, friendly, informative. Appointment reminders were so helpful during the Ivf process those would have also been helpful during iui. Jackie in the lab is the absolute sweetest. Financial department is always very helpful when request costs etc.... The majority of the staff has been very friendly, caring and informative.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Dr. Payne has always been very personable and accommodating to our specific needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay )
The majority of the staff has been very friendly, caring and informative.
Dr. Payne spent a lot of time when we first met explaining the different things that could cause infertility and the the different test we would do to rule out any causes. He also explained each procedure in great detail and always answered our questions. He is very compassionate and and accommodating to our specific needs.
He is very busy so book in advance and he will spend time explaining things so don’t be in a rush to leave.
I was Encouraged to do a single embryo transfer my first cycle, due to my age, weight and being first transfer. We elected to transfer two. Dr. Payne respected our decision but also reminded us our goal is one healthy baby at a time.
Greenville
I really like this clinic [PREG] and everybody was friendly from the billing people to the nurses to the doctors and they really took the time via email and or in person or on the phone to communicate with us about our options... Right now the only thing I had to pay for was my ultrasound which was $280... The nursing staff took my blood and was very very nice. She was very friendly and communicated with me about everything she was doing
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I really like this clinic and everybody was friendly from the billing people to the nurses to the doctors and they really took the time via email and or in person or on the phone to communicate with us about our options
Dr. Nichols took a lot of time to go over how we needed to be tested and what the test results meant and what our options were as far as IVF
Dr. Nichols was very thorough and very understanding of our situation and very knowledgeable about where we needed to go from hereHe took the time and effort to go over all of our options and explain the pros and cons of each option and why we could do one procedure versus the other
Make sure you get him
We are currently going through our first cycle with Dr. Nichols
Right now the only thing I had to pay for was my ultrasound which was $280
IUI, Donor Sperm
I mean everybody’s so kind and helpful [at Piedmont Reproductive and Endocrinology Group]. I didn’t wait that long to talk to the doc. I was late 30 minutes to my appointment and they still squeezed me in. The clinic’s atmosphere is so welcoming... They [the nursing staff] are kind and extremely helpful.
Black or African-American, Native American
IUI, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Same as the strengths of the doc. I mean everybody’s so kind and helpful. I didn’t wait that long to talk to the doc. I was late 30 minutes to my appointment and they still squeezed me in. The clinic’s atmosphere is so welcoming
Even though I’m part of the LGBT community and a single parent, he treated me like any other patient.
They are kind and extremely helpful.
I personally think that Dr. Payne has no weaknesses. I wasn’t educated at all when it came to infertility, and after one visit I got a clear understanding of everything. He told me what I should be expecting the next appointment. He also educated me on the medical history of the sperm donors.
He’s a great Doc. You can open up to him about fertility questions.
He didn’t prescribe any medication because I’m a healthy 20 y/o with no fertility issues.
My insurance does not cover any of my expenses so PREG prices for the ones that are like me are affordable. Costs goes down about $100-$300 more.
Columbia
I was scheduled and ultrasound [at PREG] to which they added blood work without me knowing before hand. Since none of it was covered I was left with a $400 bill that I wasn’t expecting. Dr McCoy didn’t explain al the “pre ivf” procedures that has cost me over $1000 dollars... They are very knowledgeable personable friendly and compassionate. I’ve always been greeted with a smile.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are very knowledgeable personable friendly and compassionate. I’ve always been greeted with a smile. I haven’t been theough the actual ivf process yet but I’m in the beginning stages of blood work ultrasounds etc. I was scheduled and ultrasound to which they added blood work without me knowing before hand. Since none of it was covered I was left with a $400 bill that I wasn’t expecting. Dr McCoy didn’t explain al the “pre ivf” procedures that has cost me over $1000 dollars
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Dr McCoy was Very informative and patient. He explained the process thoroughly and answered every questioned we had. We even talked about other options which he gave our honest opinion about. Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group is a great practice.
Be patient
$10500 ivf
Greenville
Strengths [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group]: Appears to run smoothly and organized; clean; staff is efficient in carrying out and performing tests and procedures. Weaknesses: they messed up on billing my insurance which is an added stress that I don’t want/need at this time...[nurses were] Supportive, empathetic, and readily available to assist and answer questions. Calm fears and offer encouragement when you at at a low.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strengths: Appears to run smoothly and organized; clean; staff is efficient in carrying out and performing tests and procedures. Weaknesses: they messed up on billing my insurance which is an added stress that I don’t want/need at this time.
Concise in his explanations and answering my questions. Was realistic and provided options where I had the best chance for a successful outcome.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Strengths: extremely knowledgeable and realistic; wants his treatments with patients to be successful. Concise and describes each procedure and upcoming steps. Confident re: clinical decision making. Weaknesses: none evident
Ask any and all questions you have. Do not hold back.
Letrozole with follow up ovidrell injection combined with timed intercourse. Moving up to IVF next due to my diagnosis, but have not started treatment for this.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Everything was great. Very clean environment. Everyone [PREG] was approachable and very attentive. They made me feel relaxed and honestly like I was family. Not at anytime did the make me feel out of place. Prior to my visit I was skeptical and nervous and felt like they were all about money but I didn't get that vibe when I walked through the doors.... He [Dr. Nichols] set my expectations and didn't sugar coat anything
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Everything was great. Very clean environment. Everyone was approachable and very attentive. They made me feel relaxed and honestly like I was family. Not at anytime did the make me feel out of place. Prior to my visit I was skeptical and nervous and felt like they were all about money but I didn't get that vibe when I walked through the doors.
He set my expectations and didn't sugar coat anything
They all were amazing
He really reassured me and didn't give me false hope. That's what I always look for when dealing with a doctor. He was patient and kind and made me feel comfortable. I have stage 4 endometriosis and have been dealing with this disease for almost 20 years.
That he is really caring and didn't make you feel like just another patient. He made me feel at home and important
We are waiting on test results to come back to plan the next course of action
Didn't make it that far yet
We didn't get that far with things
Columbia
Overall I enjoyed my visits [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group]. It’s one of the only clinics in the area. The staff were always friendly and would explain anything needed. It was a pleasant experience in an unconfortable situation. I would recommend them to others.... ost was around $12000 for the eg lg retrieval and one ivf transfer. About $3600 for each transfer after, not including medication.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Overall I enjoyed my visits. It’s one of the only clinics in the area. The staff were always friendly and would explain anything needed. It was a pleasant experience in an unconfortable situation. I would recommend them to others.
Dr Payne is very personal able.
They were all pleasant and enjoyable to see.
Dr Payne really seemed to have an invested interest. At one appointment, he mentioned discussing our care as part of a conference call. It made me feel like he was actively planning our care, not just going through he motions.
Fertility is hard, no matter what!
We have unexplained infertility. He took us from the least invasive to most. Hoping small intervention would work.
Cost was around $12000 for the eg lg retrieval and one ivf transfer. About $3600 for each transfer after, not including medication.
Based on our case he recommended single transfer.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
It’s [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] lovely. It’s clean, cozy, and quick. We had to come in for some labs and live out of town. They were able to schedule us for the same time and day so that we could make one trip. We also took our 12 year old with us and they were very welcoming of him.... I didn’t see any weaknesses. I enjoyed the lab staff the most as they were informative and kind.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
It’s lovely. It’s clean, cozy, and quick. We had to come in for some labs and live out of town. They were able to schedule us for the same time and day so that we could make one trip. We also took our 12 year old with us and they were very welcoming of him.
Dr. McCoy and his staff were very attentive to everything and every question we had. They responded promptly via phone or email anytime I called.
Dr. McCoy was incredible. He was gentle and kind. He took time to make sure that we understood everything. He gave me all available options and advised on the best course of action. He took time to go over all of my concerns and reassure me.
To trust him implicitly.
As with any fertility clinic, it is pricey but very competitive and they do have many options to help you.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
She [a nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group-Columbia] was truly the best. I know when we are going through these emotions it is hard and she always was a beautiful smiling face.... First couple cycle we did clomid and we even tried a different on. We did shots in the belly and all were accompanied by iui... I believed first or second cycle something happened with the sperm sample and the process in which it goes through to be ready for IUI
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I believe that weakness probably has nothing to do with clinic but I wish insurance covered these options for those of us so desperately wanting a child. Maybe have better options with payments or better prices.
He really took the time to explain things to me and my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Tori )
She was truly the best. I know when we are going through these emotions it is hard and she always was a beautiful smiling face.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He did a great job at explaining that we couldn’t figure out why I had unexplained Fertilty and that IVF was best options. He also tested me for endometriosis and found I had indeed has a slight case of it.
Be brave! Be patient! Be kind it is not the doctors or the nurses fault and they usually hurt just as much as we do.
Lots!! Ultrasounds, blood work, seman wash medicine needed to provide more eggs, hormone shots to make you ovulate
Columbia
PREG is very warm, nurturing where patients feel supported and safe. You're never a number there. They know patients by name and truly care about helping patients get pregnant...Appointments were scheduled in the early morning hours so I could get to work...[Nurse] Stephanie was wonderful. She always returned my calls, answered my questions and supported me. I couldn't have done it without her...Dr. Payne spent a great deal of time with us to make sure we understood our care. Very easy to talk to, very caring and very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Dr. Payne was wonderful! I'll never be able to say thank you enough!! He gave us hope and guided us through the entire journey. He's one of the most down to earth compassionate doctors one could imagine. If you're having trouble getting pregnant, see Dr. Payne!
Ask questions and make sure you understand what to do.
Don't remember, sorry.
Appointments were scheduled in the early morning hours so I could get to work.
Don't remember.
Dr. Payne recommended eSET because of the complications of multiples.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clinic [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] is great. The only thing I will say is that it is like a maze trying to navigate through it!... Tori [a nurse] is he best. She was my go to person with all of my crazy questions...I used the agonist protocol for all 3 of my cycles. Gonal F, Low Dose HCG.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is great. The only thing I will say is that it is like a maze trying to navigate through it!
The whole office knew me by first name, and even knew what kind of car I drove.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Tori)
Tori is he best. She was my go to person with all of my crazy questions.
Dr. Whitman took us under her wing after a failed IUI at another clinic in town. She made sure we understood everything from day 1. When we had a failed cycle due to poor egg quality, she personally called me to. Heck on me. She truly cares about her patients. We had one cycle that we had to cancel half way through due to decreased ovarian reserve and she cried with me in the office. She is amazing.
Don't expect her to hold your hand. She is the sweetest, but she doesn't take a lot of time with you. She is very straight and to the point.
I used the agonist protocol for all 3 of my cycles. Gonal F, Low Dose HCG.
My insurance covered 90%of my costs but we were still out of pocket nearly 15000.
Describe Gail Whitman-Elia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Our only transfer, we transferred 1 embryo. We were told "we want to get you pregnant but not too pregnant".
Columbia
The clinic [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] overall has a great atmosphere. Everyone their is very knowledgeable and if they don’t know an answer, they will find it. They are very prompt and dedicated to the needs of their patients. Everyone loves their job and it shows... After blood work and exams I started with pills to regulate my cycle and ovulation and then moved on to injections with the use of IUIs
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic overall has a great atmosphere. Everyone their is very knowledgeable and if they don’t know an answer, they will find it. They are very prompt and dedicated to the needs of their patients. Everyone loves their job and it shows
Dr. Payne was filled with compassion and was very concerned and optimistic about achieving a healthy pregnancy
Very optimistic and loves their job
Dr. Payne was always very detailed during each appointment and was good with finding different options to meet my needs. During each visit, we went over success rates, costs, and any other information that was needed.
Stay optimistic and patient
Didn’t have fertility insurance so somewhat expensive
Endometriosis, Unexplained
They [the staff at Piedmont Reproductive Group] know me and my husband by name and when I would call I would get a person and not a recording to leave a message.... Every nurse we had was compassionate and really loved their job.... They are great about answering questions via email or phone call even after hours... I believe IVF was around 10-12k
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They know me and my husband by name and when I would call I would get a person and not a recording to leave a message.
Every nurse we had was compassionate and really loved their job.
Dr. Nichols explained everything in a clear and straight forward manner. He was realistic about the outcomes and did not give us false hope. Our IVF course went well and we understood each step along the way.
He may not come across as "warm and fuzzy" but he is a great doctor!
We did a fresh cycle IVF with progesterone in oil shots, but when i started To have a reaction we switched to crinone. Switched the trigger injection when it looked like I was going to overstimulate and that worked well. I transferred 5 day embryos (2) and 1 took.
I believe IVF was around 10-12k
Our quality of embryos wasn't excellent so transferring 2 was ok with him. He usually suggests transferring 1 if they are great quality.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The staff [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] was great. I wish they would have told me that if they have me the injection in the office there was going to be another charge.... Do your research first, know what to expect. Make a list of questions. The staff is great. From the secretaries to the phlebotomist. It was the best decision of my life. I can't wait to go back to try for baby#3
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
He cared, was well prepared, even prayed for me
The staff was great. I wish they would have told me that if they have me the injection in the office there was going to be another charge.
He is kind and well prepared. He was very knowledgeable and understanding. Gave us realistic hope and encouragement. Was very honest. My husband and I felt comfortable at every visit. He explained everything in detail.
Trust him
8k procedure 5k meds
I am so thankful for his recommendation for a single transfer.
Greenville
The nursing staff [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group-Spartanburg] is awesome! Very caring and compassionate.... Over $14k invested in one cycle of IVF... Microdose Flare Protocol 18 eggs retrieved, 14 fertilized and 7 made it to 5 day blasts.... [Dr. John Payne is a] Very nice physician. It seems as if he really cares about his patients. I wanted to transfer two embryos but Dr Payne would only transfer one (eset). I did get a positive pregnancy test but then miscarried at 5.5 weeks. I wish I had fought for the transfer of two
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Overall the clinic is great. Very caring doctors and nursing staff.
The nursing staff is awesome! Very caring and compassionate.
Very nice physician. It seems as if he really cares about his patients. I wanted to transfer two embryos but Dr Payne would only transfer one (eset). I did get a positive pregnancy test but then miscarried at 5.5 weeks. I wish I had fought for the transfer of two.
If you want a transfer of two embryos instead of one fight for that right.
Over $14k invested in one cycle of IVF
I think the right to choose should be left to the patient. I elected to have a transfer of 2 embryos but when transfer day came, I wasn't given the option and a single embryo was transferred.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
The strengths [for Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology group] are in the nurses. The weakness is in the front. These ladies could show a little more compassion instead of just checking you out... The donor we picked the first time was a carrier of CF that was not listed on her profile that I felt should have been
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The strengths are in the nurses. The weakness is in the front. These ladies could show a little more compassion instead of just checking you out
Staff and the Doctors are very concerned with your best interest
Most of the nurses are very compassionate and show it in every visit
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He is a very upfront doctor. He doesn't sugarcoat anything so you don't get your hopes up but he does give you all the oporions available. He will give you the percentage of whatever procedure you decide to have. Bring IVF, IUI, or donor egg.
Be open minded
We are awaiting on egg retrivial now
We are self pay. My insurance through Bluecross Blueshield does not cover any of this do my husband is taking a "Hardship" towards his 401k
Yes he didn't want to transfer 2 at onetime. Only recommends one at a time.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He [Dr. Payne] spoke like he was talking to another educated physician. He didn't really speak to us with the intention that we may not know a lot of the terminology he was using. Because I have done a lot of research and reading........I didn't feel too lost. However, my husband did.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
When Dr. Payne spoke to us. He spoke like he was talking to another educated physician. He didn't really speak to us with the intention that we may not know a lot of the terminology he was using. Because I have done a lot of research and reading........I didn't feel too lost. However, my husband did.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
I felt he lacked in giving us advice on ways to help the IUI or IVf to succeed. For example, taking certain vitamins or supplements.
As him all the questions you need and don't leave till you feel satisfied. You are the one paying for that appointment.
Greenville
Easy to get someone on the phone [at PREG], easy to schedule appointments, billing department is easy to work with, nurses are always available to answer questions or will fall back as soon as they can. The lab techs are great and always very compassionate..... The nursing staff at PREG were wonderful and always made me feel special.... Very welcoming and made me feel important and that he [Dr. John Payne] would do everything in his powder to help us have a family. He listened to me and made me feel as though I mattered. I would highly recommend PREG and their staff to anyone.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Easy to get someone on the phone, easy to schedule appointments, billing department is easy to work with, nurses are always available to answer questions or will fall back as soon as they can. The lab techs are great and always very compassionate.
I felt like I was important and not just a number
The nursing staff at PREG were wonderful and always made me feel special.
Very welcoming and made me feel important and that he would do everything in his powder to help us have a family. He listened to me and made me feel as though I mattered. I would highly recommend PREG and their staff to anyone.
Ask questions. Don’t be afraid to question something if it doesn’t feel right.
Femara, trigger shot, timed intercourse.