9.7

(864)-232-7734
1330 Boiling Springs Rd.
Spartanburg, SC 29303
(864)-583-2669

He [Dr. Nichols] was prepared with all of my information prior to our appointment. He showed concern and sensitivity to my emotions and went over all of my options...supportive to the fact that I wanted to keep trying a few more rounds of IUI because it is covered by our insurance, but IVF is not covered. He explained in detail the IVF process and patiently answered my questions...performed my HSG test and had a calm/warm personality, which helped to calm me.
Didn't hear back from one of the doctors [at PREG] for over 2 days when waiting for instructions on what to do for my next cycle. Strengths: Almost always able to get in touch with someone on the phone, well trained sensitive/compassionate nursing staff, the 2nd doctor I saw was great, most of the secretaries are friendly and helpful, letting me schedule my IUI in advance to try and work around my work schedule
How was your experience with John Nichols at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He performed my HSG test and had a calm/warm personality, which helped to calm me. For our consultation appointment to go over next steps, after 3 cycles with meds and timed intercourse and 2 IUI's, he was prepared with all of my previous treatment history and had already printed out information and stats IVF and how it would work for me. He was sensitive and supportive to the fact that I wanted to keep trying a few more rounds of IUI because it is covered by our insurance, but IVF is not covered. He explained in detail the IVF process and patiently answered my questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Nichols at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He was prepared with all of my information prior to our appointment. He showed concern and sensitivity to my emotions and went over all of my options.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The two main nurses I've worked with were helpful and compassionate. One was more calm and seemed more caring than the other (but, it was probably a personality preference). Unfortunately, at our first IUI they were short staffed and someone who was filling in at the lab copied my husbands name wrong and wrote the wrong name on his sperm sample. It made for a pretty stressful and upsetting procedure, especially since it was our first time doing an IUI. The next two IUI's went really well and the calmer nurse did them. Overall, I think the nursing staff is sensitive and compassionate and do a great job.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Weaknesses: Way too cold in the clinic (especially when you're having to get undressed for procedures), have had to wait over an hour for a consultation and an IUI, unfriendly secretary when I expressed my concern about wait time (but the other two were friendly!), short window of time to get blood-work done when they were training a new staff member, Didn't hear back from one of the doctors for over 2 days when waiting for instructions on what to do for my next cycle. Strengths: Almost always able to get in touch with someone on the phone, well trained sensitive/compassionate nursing staff, the 2nd doctor I saw was great, most of the secretaries are friendly and helpful, letting me schedule my IUI in advance to try and work around my work schedule
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Twice my meds weren't called in to the correct pharmacy, the doctor didn't get back to me for 2 days when it was time sensitive, a nurse mis-labeled a sperm sample, have had to wait over an hour for 2 appointments, way too cold!

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Payne called me after hours to explain the results from my testing of the 1 embryo that we had...He was very personal with me and very straight forward which is what my husband and [I] would like in a doctor...My first round of IVF I started with a lower dosage I think it was like 250 injections; they realized that this wasn't working with my body and mid cycle we increased the dosage but realized it was too late..Unfortunately my body just isn't responding and the decision moving towards donor egg to start a family was the right thing to do. He said you have nothing to feel bad about! That statement there brighten my day and I have felt good about our decision every since
[my PREG nurse coordinator was] Very professional never wanted to give my hopes up and was optimistic...When I was transferred over from Spartanburg to Greenville it did take the finance person a while to contact me and I don't like the billing it doesn't give you a good break down of the services surrendered that would be my main complaint and the app doesn't provide much information either...Under Dr. Payne $18k total with Preg over $20k
How was your experience with John Payne at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
As stated in the previous statement! I liked Dr. Payne from my first appointment with him. He was very personal with me and very straight forward which is what my husband and would like in a doctor. He was caring, compassionate and honest and that's all you can ask for in a doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Payne at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Be prepared to hear the truth!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Payne at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
I will never forget Dr. Payne called me after hours to explain the results from my testing of the 1 embryo that we had. He was so kind and it was not easy considering that I received the results the night before with no one to discuss it with. Although we expected it I always told myself it would only take one! Dr. Payne told me he wanted me to know one thing that none of this is my fault I have done everything I possibly could and allowed science to help. Unfortunately my body just isn't responding and the decision moving towards donor egg to start a family was the right thing to do. He said you have nothing to feel bad about! That statement there brighten my day and I have felt good about our decision every since! I was so happy that he took time out of his busy schedule to personally call me after hours! Now we are patiently waiting on our next steps as we have chosen our Egg Donor! I am thankful for Dr. Payne and still remaining hopeful that I will take that photo that I see everyone take "the graduation" photo! Dr. Payne also stated at my first visit with him its you, science and the rest is up to "God"!! Thank you Dr. Payne /Thank you Preg!
Describe the protocols John Payne used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
My first round of IVF I started with a lower dosage I think it was like 250 injections; they realized that this wasn't working with my body and mid cycle we increased the dosage but realized it was too late. We stopped the treatment and was given and option to move towards a round of IU because everything looked good. He left it up to us and we didn't see any reason why not, the day after Thanksgiving my cycle came and that's when we of course realized it hadn't worked. We then made an appointment with Dr. Payne before the holidays to discuss his concerns. He explained that we could do another round but according to my numbers my ovarian reserve was decreasing and he was concerned that it may not work. We decided we wanted to give it our all bc we knew next steps was DE which Dr. Payne went over all the details with that as well. We took a break and started back in January and body was slowly responding but responding. We stared with a higher dosage I think 400-450 this time. We made it to egg retrieval thought we would retrieve more but retrieved less and they did some scrapping around my lining for future implantation. Retrieved 7 two made it and then one made it to testing and he was abnormal. Here we are today and have found our ED and we are waiting on someone else to find her since we went with a smaller package!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Biggerstaff )
My nurse coordinator was nice. I think when we first started with her I didn't feel like she was caring but I think that was her personality but as I had more appointments I could see the compassion in her. Very professional never wanted to give my hopes up and was optimistic. But the Spartanburg team overall was very nice!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I have had the pleasure of visiting the Columbia clinic where I started and I loved Dr. Fru and her staff but Dr. Fru left and we relocated. We moved to our hometown and the Spartanburg office grew on me but I felt like the Columbia office knew me. Greenville I only went twice but it was nice and friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Payne at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Under Dr. Payne $18k total with Preg over $20k
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
The billing coordinator in Columbia was horrible with returning calls or providing you with billing info. I saw complaints on line and it hadn't happen to me but then it did. When I was transferred over from Spartanburg to Greenville it did take the finance person a while to contact me and I don't like the billing it doesn't give you a good break down of the services surrendered that would be my main complaint and the app doesn't provide much information either.
2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Tarnawa and I only spoke by phone due to him being in a different city. I spent a good bit of the time speaking with the nurses he had in charge of the IVF process. He would keep a close eye on all my scans and work done and adjust things as needed based on results. I felt confident that he was doing what was best for the optimal results...If you are not going to the Charleston, SC be prepared to be seen by another Dr. instead of him, although all results do go to him and he makes the final decisions...
My Nurses [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] did a great job at communicating with me throughout the process. I felt I could reach them at anytime throughout the process whenever I needed to. They answered every question I had...wish I got more information on the embryos as they were developing and why some may not have made it. While I only had one it would have been good to know what happened to the few others that started to show signs of developing...
How was your experience with Edward Tarnawa at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Tarnawa at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Tarnawa at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He was great with explaining everything to us when we started with him. It was hard to communicate or see him while going through the process due to being in two different cities, but he always made sure there was someone to take care of us in his absence.
Describe the protocols Edward Tarnawa used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
There were a few set backs in my process. The first occured whenever we were completing egg retrieval. My hormonal levels were not where they were suppose to be, he then waited another week to see if my follicles would grow even more and adjusted my medication. That seemed to help a lot. We also had a set back before transfer time, where my hormone levels and my lining of my uterus were not quite where they needed to be. He then decided to wait a week to give it more time before we moved forward.
My Nurses did a great job at communicating with me throughout the process. I felt I could reach them at anytime throughout the process whenever I needed to. They answered every question I had.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I thought the staff was very friendly and did a great job at explaining each thing that was happening through the process. I felt that they showed great empathy as my results were not where I wanted them to be, but they were thurough in being sure to set up another appointment to help explain things to me. There are a few things I wish were a little more available and there for patients. The first is I wish they had some way to help patients when the IVF process fails to help them financially be able to afford the process. Having to save 12,000 and hand it over between procedures and medicine is very hard to do, then to have something fail and feel like you have to do it all over again is gut wrenching; especially if you only had one embryo to start. I also wish I got more information on the embryos as they were developing and why some may not have made it. While I only had one it would have been good to know what happened to the few others that started to show signs of developing. After handing over $6,000 to them I felt like they then had me come in for more tests, this was fine but that money I felt should have been included in the original price, it was stressful knowing that for the next 2-3 times I came I still owed them money a week after almost cleaning out my savings.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Tarnawa at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
$6,000, after insurance
Edward Tarnawa

2016 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr Payne is extremely intelligent in the world of 3rd party reproduction. There are a lot of technical terms that are used when explaining options and Dr Payne was great at explaining in detail each one. He truly wants to see the patient have become parents and have a successful pregnancy....First step was to try times intercourse with fertility drugs. After a few rounds of that not working he recommended IUI. After a few rounds of that not working he recommended IVF. He said we could always keep trying but with the uncertainty of not knowing exactly what was happening he said it may or may not happen.
The costs for IUI [at PREG] weren't too expensive. IVF was very expensive even with insurance because most of the procedure was not covered by insurance. Medications cost the most.... easy to get to, clean and well organized. Sometimes meeting the doctor can take a long time, but the nurses are usually prompt. The visits are usually quick. The phlebotomist is fabulous! I have always felt comfortable going to PREG.
Dr Payne is a problem solver. infertility is a problem am that is what you want someone that is going to solve my problem. He always has a next plan of action however he doesn't push you into the next step. He wants the couple to be completely in sync when moving on to the next step.
To go in with a list of all of the questions you may have and if he goes through something quickly ask him to back up and explain. He will do it. He has been doing this for so many years he can speak quickly and if you are new to infertility and 3rd party reproductive then you want him to explain things to you. He doesn't mind doing that.
We had unexplained infertility so there were a first step, 2nd step and last step. First step was to try times intercourse with fertility drugs. After a few rounds of that not working he recommended IUI. After a few rounds of that not working he recommended IVF. He said we could always keep trying but with the uncertainty of not knowing exactly what was happening he said it may or may not happen.
they are fabulous and well organized and are always quick to respond to my questions.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The costs for IUI weren't too expensive. IVF was very expensive even with insurance because most of the procedure was not covered by insurance. Medications cost the most.
Describe John Payne's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
With my age he recommended single embryo transfer especially because we have genetic testing completed.
Greenville

Dr. Nichols is informative and to the point. He’s kind but he will give you the facts...upon my request he knew that I knew my body and let me change injectable drugs mid cycle. I requested we switch from menopur to follistim only because I was initially not responding well...Dr. Nichols provides InvoCell and he’s the only guy who does it locally....
Great doctors and great nurses [at PREG]. Also Jackie who does the blood draws is an absolute sweetheart. They call with results really quickly...Dr. Nichols provides InvoCell and he’s the only guy who does it locally....Megan [nurse] was absolutely amazing, I’d recommend her 100x over. Lindsay, the IVF coordinator, I was not a big fan of her and she let a lot of things slip through the cracks. She wasn’t a real people person....
Dr. Nichols is informative and to the point. He’s kind but he will give you the facts. He knows what he’s doing but he understands we as patients know our bodies. In fact, upon my request he knew that I knew my body and let me change injectable drugs mid cycle. I requested we switch from menopur to follistim only because I was initially not responding well. I have had great success in response to follistim in the past so we switched that day and I responded well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Nichols at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He’s great, his nurse Meghan is great, but look out for Lindsay the IVF coordinator. I didn’t feel like she was a real people person. You don’t have to deal with her much though.
Dr. Nichols was wonderful and his nurse Meghan was absolutely wonderful! They always took time with me to explain/ call/ get me accommodated.
Describe the protocols John Nichols used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
We ended up going for an InvoCell cell cycle because I had already had a successful pregnancy and a live birth as a result from an IUI in the past. We felt minimal intervention would be the best thing for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Meghan )
Megan was absolutely amazing, I’d recommend her 100x over. Lindsay, the IVF coordinator, I was not a big fan of her and she let a lot of things slip through the cracks. She wasn’t a real people person. Everything seemed like a chore with her. They give every patient a special onesie when they “graduate” to the OB and I never got my onesie. The embryologist also forgot to take a picture of my embryos on the transfer day I was pretty disappointed about that.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Great doctors and great nurses. Also Jackie who does the blood draws is an absolute sweetheart. They call with results really quickly. The IVF coordinator was not a real people person which I mentioned already. Embryologist forgot to take a pic of my embryos so remind them. Mistakes happen but that was a big one.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Nichols at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Dr. Nichols provides InvoCell and he’s the only guy who does it locally. It was on the higher end of what I’ve seen but still lower than traditional IVF.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
We are getting ready to start our first round of ivf with icsi. We have male factor infertility results from cancer treatment. ... We first met dr. Payne over a year ago and absolutely felt like ‘just a number’ in his practice. He seemed overly sure of himself and that he wasn’t interested in our particular situation. ... we decided to give it another shot and have had an entirely different experience with him. He seems more caring and has slowed down to explain everything I have a question about. Overall his demeanor and knowledge makes us feel confident that we are making the right decision in working with him.
On our first visit [at PREG] we were discouraged by a very long wait time with no explanation from the team (45 minutes past our appointment time). We have experienced 15-20 minute waits regularly for other appointments, which is challenging when I am leaving work to come there. ... The nurse that performed my ultrasound was very kind and made me feel entirely comfortable. She described everything she would be doing and really put me at ease.
We first met dr. Payne over a year ago and absolutely felt like ‘just a number’ in his practice. He seemed overly sure of himself and that he wasn’t interested in our particular situation. PREG being the only close by clinic we decided to give it another shot and have had an entirely different experience with him. He seems more caring and has slowed down to explain everything I have a question about. Overall his demeanor and knowledge makes us feel confident that we are making the right decision in working with him.
Don’t expect him to be warm and cuddly, but he seems to know what he is talking about.
Dr. Payne is kind and takes time to answer questions about the ivf process. Unfortunately I have had problems receiving calls back from his office when I have questions about finances or the procedure.
We are getting ready to start our first round of ivf with icsi. We have male factor infertility results from cancer treatment. So far I have undergone testing to determine eligibility for Univfy, and been started on birth control to prepare for stims.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
On our first visit we were discouraged by a very long wait time with no explanation from the team (45 minutes past our appointment time). We have experienced 15-20 minute waits regularly for other appointments, which is challenging when I am leaving work to come there. There has also been a lot of problems getting a person on the phone when I call, or getting a call back. We have had a good experience with the financial team, but again have had challenges with call backs after leaving messages.
18,500 for one round of ivf including unlimited embryo transfers from that round and their fee for embryo biopsy.
Our doctor has told us we will start with single embryo transfer.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
I only saw Dr. McCoy twice. Every other time it was a nurse. When I did see him he was sweet, kind, caring, and his bed side manner was spot on. You could tell that he knew exactly what he was talking about and he was all about results.... He talked to me about the risks. Then there were scans, pills, and shots. There was never a week that we were not working on making a baby.
The clinic [PREG] is very clean and always feels like home when you walk into the door. Their weakness would be communication. The financial staff doesn't talk to the front desk and no one really communicates about patients and what is happening throughout the clinic.... The nursing staff with PREG is absolutely amazing. 100% every time. When you have a question and they are not readily available to call you they will call you back
How was your experience with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Listen, listen, listen and always remember to ask questions. He will never lead you astray and though he is blunt he will tell you exactly what you don't want to hear at the right moment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
When they saw me starting to break down because of the news they made me feel like family. Like things were going to be alright and we were in this together.
Describe the protocols Travis McCoy used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
The nursing staff with PREG is absolutely amazing. 100% every time. When you have a question and they are not readily available to call you they will call you back immediately and work with you every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is very clean and always feels like home when you walk into the door. Their weakness would be communication. The financial staff doesn't talk to the front desk and no one really communicates about patients and what is happening throughout the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
For one scan it was 135 dollars. My husbands semen analysis was 65 dollars. My 12 day scan was over 100 dollars. My first initial appointment was over 90 dollars. Then the medicine was 9 dollars every time.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
When I went to get my scan done after medicine they told me to start a new medicine that same day and they would call it into the pharmacy. When I left I went straight the pharmacy but they said they didn't have a prescription for me. By this time PREG was already closed and I couldn't start the medicine until the next day, unfortunately that was too late to start it for the procedures and it set us back. So now I have to start over next month. Also, prices went up and no one communicated that with me. Instead they just had front desk personnel tell me it was not their fault I could not pay. Though I was able to come up with the money eventually.
Columbia

Aggressive microdose flare protocol [with Dr. John Payne] - same protocol that was used during our successful cycle in 2017...good about taking into account individual cases and needs...went out of his way to make sure he was the doctor who did our transfer, although his schedule was busy that day and he could have let another doctor at the practice perform it. He also took a lot of time to meet with us prior to starting the cycle to make sure we understood all our options and that he answered all of our questions.
The clinic [PREG] does prefer eSET but in our case they recommended transferring two embryos. They are good about taking into account individual cases and needs...As a returning patient, I felt much more comfortable and knew what to expect. I also felt like wait times were significantly reduced, although that could be because my appointment times were different this time. I do think PREG has a ton of patients, so as a new patient, that could be overwhelming.
Dr. Payne is a great doctor and I would recommend him. He takes time with each patient to make sure that all questions are answered and that each patient understands the treatment plan. If he has any fault, it's that he sometimes is behind schedule because he takes too much time with patients.
Have all your questions ready, and take notes - he does talk fast, but he gives thorough information and is not afraid to address questions.
Dr. Payne went out of his way to make sure he was the doctor who did our transfer, although his schedule was busy that day and he could have let another doctor at the practice perform it. He also took a lot of time to meet with us prior to starting the cycle to make sure we understood all our options and that he answered all of our questions.
Aggressive microdose flare protocol - same protocol that was used during our successful cycle in 2017.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay is the IVF coordinator at PREG and she is wonderful. No complaints. I did have one nurse that I felt uncomfortable with on our egg retrieval day, but I don't remember her name. I felt that she did not have a good bedside manner and wasn't willing to address our questions when presented with some disappointing and potentially confusing information. I felt like she talked down to me. I haven't experienced this from other staff members at PREG.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
$15,000 flat fee that included most items, but did not include initial baseline appointment.
The clinic does prefer eSET but in our case they recommended transferring two embryos. They are good about taking into account individual cases and needs.
Greenville

[Dr. Edward Tarnawa] Needs better bedside manner, Very educated, Not personable, Knows he job but does just that, Should be more active in all appointments and follow ups. I had two different doctors for retrieval and transfer.. Not invested in each patient or the situation...Just like he was going through the same old BS script he probably says to everyone
[PREG] Not personable, get passes around alot, financially driven, just felt like a number. End result was what they were paid to do so I can't complain. But they should assign one doctor or team to every patient instead of never seeing the same face twice...Very expensive, financial advisor not helpful, worthless pamphlets in a folder some not even up to date
Ask alot of questions, ask specifically to continue appointments with only 1 doctor
Could work on bedside manner, didn't make us fell like a priority... Just like he was going through the same old BS script he probably says to everyone
Male based infertility, so we did pills/shots to increase egg count for retrevel, shots are scary but well worth the result. Did egg retrevel and several sperm samples. Did 5 day embryo transfer which was bumped up for reasons unknown they wanted me to come in sooner. Resulted in singleton pregnancy with a live birth and now healthy happy 2yr old.
At PREG columbia you almost always see a different face!! Patient care should be more personable and one on one. PREG is financially driven but I can't complain they did what they were paid to do
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Schedule was planned, pretty basic, to the point, never seen the same person twice, there was even a stu
Describe Edward Tarnawa's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I understand there are great risk with multiple transfer but they should do what the patient wants. Just explain everything upfront and let them decide
Edward Tarnawa
Columbia

We only met with Dr. McCoy once because we're just beginning infertility treatment. He identified and conducted a surgery that helped with our unique situation (my wife has two ovaries) and we'd have no complaints about the results.... Looking at all our factors, age, endometriosis, two ovaries, etc. Dr. McCoy looked at all options outside of IVF to give us a chance and was very helpful at giving us percentages. Based on our previous experiences, he made helpful recommendations and the pros and cons of whether to move forward with IVF or not. I appreciate his open mind.
The system for billing as pre-payment and dealing with insurance has been a difficult process [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group]. One of our visits wasn't billed to insurance and we had to correct that.... I would recommend that you make sure you have already thought through your questions and have an idea of what you're wanting. It's good to have an open mind, but have a conversation about how far you're willing to go (IVF, egg donor, etc.) and have some questions written down so that you have a direction to take when meeting with the doctor.
We only met with Dr. McCoy once because we're just beginning infertility treatment. He identified and conducted a surgery that helped with our unique situation (my wife has two ovaries) and we'd have no complaints about the results. However we're just about to begin IVF so not sure what the future holds for us!
Ask questions! Leave with a plan in place.
He took the time to document all the factors to our situation, things we can do to help those factors and how reasonable it was to do them. He answered all of my prying questions :)
The system for billing as pre-payment and dealing with insurance has been a difficult process. One of our visits wasn't billed to insurance and we had to correct that.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
We've just begun the process. It does seem like the charges are high for some appointments, but obviously they factor in that insurance will reduce it.
Greenville

The physicians and clinical staff [Piedmont Repro] are amazing. I have however interacted with brighter, more sincere front office administrative staff in my past for scheduling needs and check-ins. And while their financial/insurance department is full of super sweet and friendly folks there, I have found that it is very easy for their efforts in preauthorization and financial quotes to get quickly out of sink with the plan of the cycle treatment and throw a speed bump in to the process.
He is just a thoughtful and thorough care giver. He is a very highly trained and informed expert in his field, and he covers all of the basis when helping me think out the options I have for my course of treatment and long term goals. He is so friendly and certainly considerate of the sensitivity of my current disease process if stage four endometriosis and of my immense desire to bring another beautiful baby into God’s world. I am so very thankful for his help.
To stay on top of the financial and insurance department that is in charge of preauthorizations in his office, if that is the financial situation that the prospective patient is coming from. Time sensitivity could definitely be improved with those administrative staff members.
Dr. Payne has spent an extent of time speaking with me about every single one of my questions and going over the full spectrum of details on the plans ahead for the big picture goals of preserving my eggs to avoid having them further compromised by my stage four endometriosis as well as by the treatments I need for that disease. He has taken all of my specific needs and desires in to account with each recommendation and decision making for this process. He is very friendly and he does not rush me at all throughout these inquisitive conversations I hold with him. I am so very thankful that I and my future children are in his hands!
We are still in the early stages of progress. We began with the base line scans for ultrasound folical count and lab drawings. Now we have moved on the recallibrating the ovulation scheduled via birth control method. Based on the number of follicles seen, the goal is to complete two cycles if financially possible so that I have enough to possibly freeze a combination of some eggs as well as some embryos, to get be enough chances of some of both remaining viable throughout the process. Once that is completed, we plan to treat me for endometriosis until my body is ready for a healthy pregnancy. I am so eager to experience an intimate pregnancy, carrying my child in me, and the joy of nursing and nurturing my little infant. God knows my heart and desires for this, and all of Dr. Payne’s methods and plans have been circled around this.
They are so sweet, friendly, understanding, and informative!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are so great at what they do and turkey compassionate. The physicians and clinical staff are amazing. I have however interacted with brighter, more sincere front office administrative staff in my past for scheduling needs and check-ins. And while their financial/insurance department is full of super sweet and friendly folks there, I have found that it is very easy for their efforts in preauthorization and financial quotes to get quickly out of sink with the plan of the cycle treatment and throw a speed bump in to the process. Time sensitivity, as far as completing the process in June and July rather than waiting until September, for example would greatly help their patient experience overall for those who don’t walk in as a wealthy married couple prepared to pay everything on the spot. I am a single mom doing the best I can through my treatment needs for endometriosis and I am exhausting my efforts to have my eggs preserved so that I will have another baby when my body is ready. It’s a shame that something’s would have to be postponed to administrative details rather than justified clinical details. I would recommend new patients to stay on top of the info and process instead of ever letting it go the first 2 months assuming they’re getting the ball rolling on their end only to find out they’re not.
I am still in the process of receiving accurate price quote information after 3 months
Those will be items we get to towards the last stages of the process and I look forward to learning more details about the methods when we are crossing the bridge. I haven’t sought that info yet as we are still starting all of this.

2018, Consult
Dr McCoy was extremely knowledgeable about endometriosis and my chances of conception. He was very kind and not at all condescending while explaining what was happening to me hormonally. He reassured me with a plan of action that he wrote down for me to follow, including hormonal medications and drawings of what my uterus was going through vs where we want it to be. He gently informed me I’ll eventually need more surgery and explained that he doesn’t take my insurance but that it might pay to just buy a plan for 1 month to make it at least somewhat affordable, since no other surgeon in this area is quite as specialized as him when it comes to good endometriosis removal results. I walked out of the room feeling well informed, cared for, and in control.
The office [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group-Greenville] is very organized and the staff is very kind. The waiting area is lovely and clean, and the wait isn’t long at all. The paperwork isn’t bad either. They also have plenty of magazines, so it’s sort of kid-friendly as well.... hey are generally wonderful. But I did have an issue with one of the nurses not looking at my chart thoroughly before speaking with me, and made many assumptions about my situation which turned out to not be the case. She told me that my AMH levels were very low, so we “shouldn’t wait a year” to start trying. She said the doctor would explain it more once I came in for an ultrasound on the second day of my period. So I called back on the first day of my period to schedule something, and after speaking with the doctor, another nurse informed me that my endometriosis surgery scarring and the endometriosis itself was most likely the culprit for my AMH results, and that I didn’t need an ultrasound at all.
Bring a notebook!
Dr McCoy was extremely thorough & answered all my questions in an informative, concise, yet gentle manner. He was very sensitive as is the subject at hand, which I felt was very appropriate. It was nice to be treated in a considerate kind way while also having all my concerns addressed.
He said I don’t need to come back until the moment we are ready to start trying
They are generally wonderful. But I did have an issue with one of the nurses not looking at my chart thoroughly before speaking with me, and made many assumptions about my situation which turned out to not be the case. She told me that my AMH levels were very low, so we “shouldn’t wait a year” to start trying. She said the doctor would explain it more once I came in for an ultrasound on the second day of my period. So I called back on the first day of my period to schedule something, and after speaking with the doctor, another nurse informed me that my endometriosis surgery scarring and the endometriosis itself was most likely the culprit for my AMH results, and that I didn’t need an ultrasound at all. The woman had just assumed I was already trying when we haven’t even gotten started yet. I was planning on finishing my last year of graduate school for social work, since I’m physically limited due to multiple extensive spinal fusions and chronic pain, i won’t have the energy time or capacity to finish it once a child arrives. But based on what the first nurse told me, I decided to pull out of the program until we sort out what’s going on. So it turns out I delayed for no reason, which is extremely frustrating.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The office is very organized and the staff is very kind. The waiting area is lovely and clean, and the wait isn’t long at all. The paperwork isn’t bad either. They also have plenty of magazines, so it’s sort of kid-friendly as well.
He said I can’t afford his endometriosis surgery with my insurance that he doesn’t take, and suggested I buy some if I want to see him for the surgery. He has the best results in the area and I don’t want to have to travel out of state.
Describe Travis McCoy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Please see my last explanation regarding pulling out of school based on information that turned out to be incorrect.

2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
As a patient the first round of IVF cycle I had different dr. for egg retreival, transfer and the ultrasounds [that Dr. John Nichols]. The 2nd time which I am still in the process of I have made sure to raise my questions and concerns and learning experiences from the first round to Dr. Nichols. I have ensured that all of the sessions in the second round has been performed by Dr. Nichols only. The second round so far has been less confusing since Dr. Nichols has explained the planning of egg retreival, but also added the ERA/biopsy testing this time.
[PREG- Greenville's] Strenghts: Caring staff understanding of patients needs responds to questions/concerns Weakness: Bedside care Always in a hurry The diffferent treatment plans for IVF can be very confusing.Doctor does not give any recommendation to these but rather you have to choose yourself.... 18,500 first IVF cycle 13,500 second IVF cycle Mock transfer costs routine costs during 2015-2017 Estimated total: $40,000 Total estimated:
As a patient the first round of IVF cycle I had different dr. for egg retreival, transfer and the ultrasounds. The 2nd time which I am still in the process of I have made sure to raise my questions and concerns and learning experiences from the first round to Dr. Nichols. I have ensured that all of the sessions in the second round has been performed by Dr. Nichols only. The second round so far has been less confusing since Dr. Nichols has explained the planning of egg retreival, but also added the ERA/biopsy testing this time.
Perhaps little bit more of followup. A phone call from one of his nurses or himself would be appreciated after egg retreival, ERA/Biopsy or even embryo transfer.
Dr. Nichols has always been very caring and listens to my concerns and answers the questions I may have.
Egg Retreival protocol: Start Birthcontrol pill: 6/26/2018 (last pill 7/10/2018) Ultrasound/Baseline lab 7/11/2018 Day 1-4 (7/13/2018-7/16/2018) Gonal F = 150 units HCG 15 units Keflex 500 MG (AM & PM) Asprin low dose once daily Day 5-10 (7/17/2018 - 7/22/2018) Labs & Ultrasound on 7/17/2018 Gonal F = 225 units HCG 15 units Keflex 500 MG (AM & PM) Asprin low dose once daily Day 11 (7/23/2018) Lab & Ultrasound Gonal F = 150 units HCG 15 units Keflex 500 MG (AM & PM) Asprin low dose once daily 7/24/2018 Retreival Asprin low dose. No keflex 500 MG in the AM of retreival. ERA/Biopsy/Mock transfer protocol Start Bithcontrol and asprin on 8/6/2018 Last birthcontrol pill on 9/3/2018 Lab & Ultrasound 9/4/2018 Day 1-2 (9/6/2018-9/7/2018 1 - Estradiol 1 mg tablet AM/PM Asprin low dose Day 3-4 (9/8/2018-9/9/2018 2 - Estradiol 1 mg tablet AM/PM Asprin low dose Day 5-19 (9/10/2018-9/24/2018 3 - Estradiol 1 mg tablet AM/PM 1 Estradiol 1 mg tablet vaginally at night Day 15-24 (9/20/2018-9/25/2018 Progesterone in oil 100mg/cc (3/4 cc = 75 mg) IM AM Biopsy/Mock transfer/ERA done on 9/25/2018 Asprin low dose
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Polowczuk (IVF cord.))
excellent staff. very caring and also understanding. However, bedside care should be little better after egg retreival, mock transfer and embryo transfer. A phonecall the day after would be appreciated.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Describe John Nichols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
N/A have not reached to that point yet.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
There has been 1 time where the prescription I needed was not called in on time on a Friday. However, CVS had the pills and after my husband showed a picture of the protocol the pharmacy gave enough to last me through the weekend.
Greenville
I only saw him [Dr. John Payne] one time and had several treatments. I saw a nurse practitioner most of the time.... IUI one time, then they stated that hindsight is 20/20 that they probably wouldn’t have had us doing IUI if they would have noticed my husband sperm count going down. We felt like the treatment and money was slightly wasted because they said they shouldn’t have been doing the treatments.
They informed me that they would use a code that would allow my insurance to take care of it, we have paid a lot out of pocket, but we have got a bill for over 1000$ when we were told our insurance would cover. I called several times got 2 people, then several times left message and did not get any response.... So when my insurance was 70/30 I thought we would be able to afford that, but the price went up for those insured and that to me in price gouging which made it impossible for us to follow through with any recommmedation it IVF because we still needed 10,000 for everything, and it was not reasonable for us to do that when the insurance was supposed to cover 70% of cost.
I only saw a nurse tenentire the me, the first time I saw the doctor it was the last time we did treatment with IUI. No one told us the cost, thy put my husband on clomid and haven’t gotten back to us at all and it has been since June and it is now end of September. We haven’t heard anything and have recently felt like the doctors and the offices have forgotten about us. We have almost given up on the process because we don’t have any feedback or direction when we sought it out.
Expect to see the nurse before you see the doctor. Keep an open mind
I only saw him one time and had several treatments. I saw a nurse practitioner most of the time
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Nurse practitioner )
Decent
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Great front desk, great rep for blood taken, comfortable, but felt recently that we have been forgotten. Strengths are friendly, knowledgable. Weakness are that the office overlooked important information regarding my husband then later shared with both of us that they probably wouldn’t have been doing IUI if they would have reviews the sperm counts each cycle more closely because he was decreasing. Without insurance it was 12,000 out of pocket, halfway through treatments we got insurance and the price changed. So when my insurance was 70/30 I thought we would be able to afford that, but the price went up for those insured and that to me in price gouging which made it impossible for us to follow through with any recommmedation it IVF because we still needed 10,000 for everything, and it was not reasonable for us to do that when the insurance was supposed to cover 70% of cost. It was deceiving slightly and I don’t want to think that because of how comfortable you guys have made me feel overall, up until that point. Then, after you placed my husband on clomid, ordered more test, you have not gotten back to us on what to do next. That was a little disturbing.
What specific things went wrong at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
It was listed in the previous messages

2017, Unknown Success
I was very appreciative of how compassionate and sensitive he [Dr. John Payne] was during my visit for this procedure...never made me rushed or intimidated to ask a question...was very personable and made you feel comfortable to be around. He took his time to explain various procedures and what our chances of conception would be. He was overall very caring and considerate of our feelings.
I liked how the nurses at the [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology] clinic in Spartanburg were always organized and ready to assist you. They made you feel very comfortable and were also friendly when talking with them. They helped me understand certain things that I had questions about as well...Overall, my husband and I probably spent close to $400 for our tests and procedures (which included a 2 semen analysis, blood tests, and a HCG test).
When I had my HCG procedure done, Dr.Payne was more than ready to address any concerns I had. He was very careful and gentle throughout the procedure. He explained every step he made. Afterwards, Dr.Payne helped me understand that I had no tubal blockage and carefully assured me that I could conceive. I was very appreciative of how compassionate and sensitive he was during my visit for this procedure.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions if there is something medically you don’t understand or comprehend. Dr. Payne never made me rushed or intimidated to ask a question.
Dr.Payne was very personable and made you feel comfortable to be around. He took his time to explain various procedures and what our chances of conception would be. He was overall very caring and considerate of our feelings.
I don’t recall any at this time.
I liked how the nurses at the clinic in Spartanburg were always organized and ready to assist you. They made you feel very comfortable and were also friendly when talking with them. They helped me understand certain things that I had questions about as well.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic’s strengths would be their organization, friendliness, concern, time management, thoroughness, and communication. I don’t have much to say about weaknesses. I don’t recall feeling negative about anything during my visits. I’d recommend new patients to this clinic for sure.

2017, Unknown Success
I wanted tubal reversal, and thought maybe we were going that route. But by my next visit, he [Dr. John Nichols] strongly suggested IVF. I wish he would have elaborated more on why he didn't want to do a tubal reversal on me. It is like everything shifted, on my next visit. I know it was a few months after my initial work up, but I felt & still feel like I still have a chance with tubal reversal. He was excellent with my ultrasound though. He also explains things very well despite his being blunt. I can deal with that.
[PREG- Greenville's] Strengths: Courteous, calm, professional, they followed up with any requests I had. I met with a lady in the back (I cannot remember her name at present), but she was very understanding and told us about options as far as payment plans/options. She also shared with us that she had IVF. She went into detail about how sometimes the hormones have certain side effects, but it was well worth it bc she has her child now.
I wanted tubal reversal, and thought maybe we were going that route. But by my next visit, he strongly suggested IVF. I wish he would have elaborated more on why he didn't want to do a tubal reversal on me. It is like everything shifted, on my next visit. I know it was a few months after my initial work up, but I felt & still feel like I still have a chance with tubal reversal. He was excellent with my ultrasound though. He also explains things very well despite his being blunt. I can deal with that.
Know that he is smart, yet blunt. My only hang up is that he just didn't want to really hear about doing a tubal reversal by the second visit with me. My situation was a little different. My husband (fiancé at the time) was working in Maryland, and we didn't want to actually do a lot until he moved to SC. But by this time, like I mentioned earlier, Dr. Nichols didn't want to do a tubal reversal on me.
For the most part, I felt like a human. He is, however, very blunt.
I didn't make it to any treatments. I only had an ultrasound. He was excellent at the Ultrasound.
Everyone I came in contact with was extremely friendly and professional.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strengths: Courteous, calm, professional, they followed up with any requests I had. I met with a lady in the back (I cannot remember her name at present), but she was very understanding and told us about options as far as payment plans/options. She also shared with us that she had IVF. She went into detail about how sometimes the hormones have certain side effects, but it was well worth it bc she has her child now. Weaknesses: None that I can think of at the moment.
Some of my labs and I think my ultrasound was covered under insurance. I believe everything else was out of pocket.
Greenville

Dr. Payne recommended all of the necessary treatments. He completed them and recommended a necessary course of treatment. He always ask follow up questions and recommends a course of action for whats next...He is very thorough with testing, suggestions, and advice. He is not pushy but follows the patients lead...Dr. Payne recommended blood test initially to ensure ovulation was occurring. he also recommended and HCG scan to ensure the Fallopian tubes were not blocked. He then, recommended a semen analysis to ensure healthy semen.
The nursing staff [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] were very punctual in pulling me back for my appointments. I really appreciated that. They explained procedures and the reasons why they were completed. They were optimistic but never wanted to give a "false hope"...The clinic is very timely with returning calls and scheduling appointments. All of the staff always greeted me and made kind notions. The facility was always very clean. My insurance did not cover fertility benefits, and procedures are very costly.
Dr.Payne always ask personal questions about current events or experiences when I see him. He is very involved in patient treatment.
Dr. Payne recommended blood test initially to ensure ovulation was occurring. he also recommended and HCG scan to ensure the Fallopian tubes were not blocked. He then, recommended a semen analysis to ensure healthy semen. Once all of those test were completed, we choose a plan of time intercourse with fertility medication.
The nursing staff were very punctual in pulling me back for my appointments. I really appreciated that. They explained procedures and the reasons why they were completed. They were optimistic but never wanted to give a "false hope."
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Initial visit- $200 (consultation only) Blood work- $180 Baseline-$280 Follicle scan-$130 Shots-$100 IUI-$500-600
Spartanburg

We opted to have IVF with eggs retreived and then frozen due to the percent of pregnancy rate going up in probability. This was advised [by Dr. John Payne] as our best option...We had 9 Eggs retrieved. 3 we're viable. They all didn't survive. He is now suggesting a second round...He is very friendly and professional...He is good at what he does. He very professional and concerned with my wife's care and the care of our future family. He may have gone into too much detail but he was able to communicate in a fashion that I understood.
I can't think of too many weaknesses [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] other than the normal IVF astronomical costs involved. Their strengths are cleanliness, professionalism, compassion, sense of humor to put you at ease. They all seem to be on the same page and have the same amount of information regardless of the amount of questions that you bring to them.
Be ready for the amount of information and be ready for sticker shock.
He is very friendly and professional. You can tell he has a family and knows how important it is for couples during this hard time. At least I felt that way.
We opted to have IVF with eggs retreived and then frozen due to the percent of pregnancy rate going up in probability. This was advised as our best option. My wife did the shots treatment which I compassionately administered. We had 9 Eggs retrieved. 3 we're viable. They all didn't survive. He is now suggesting a second round.
They are the most friendly nurses I've ever run across. They're very professional and very informative as well as compassionate at the same time. They also have a good sense of humor.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I can't think of too many weaknesses other than the normal IVF astronomical costs involved. Their strengths are cleanliness, professionalism, compassion, sense of humor to put you at ease. They all seem to be on the same page and have the same amount of information regardless of the amount of questions that you bring to them.
Out of pocket: $6500 for IVF procedures and checkups. $7-8000 for medications reduced 75% using aid. Charged in insurance $?
We've only been given the option of single embryo.
Spartanburg
He [Dr. Moore] was very nice. The consultant went as I expected. It was over very fast. It wasn't worth the $200 that I paid to set in his office for 5 minutes to have my heart broken. Even though he was nice about what he was saying. I was still a little disappointed. I would have like to get more options for what me and my husband can do to have a child....Knowing that he won't allow me to chance my life made me feel that he really cared about me more than about making a dollar.
The staff [PREG] was very nice. They made me feel at ease. They were help in anwsering any questions I had....Everything that I saw the clinic seem to flow well. They really make you feel like the facility is the best place to get help with starting a family. You can feel the love and positive energy through the halls....He [Dr. Moore] was very nice. The consultant went as I expected. It was over very fast. It wasn't worth the $200 that I paid to set in his office for 5 minutes to have my heart broken.
How was your experience with Edward Moore at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He was very nice. The consultant went as I expected. It was over very fast. It wasn't worth the $200 that I paid to set in his office for 5 minutes to have my heart broken. Even though he was nice about what he was saying. I was still a little disappointed. I would have like to get more options for what me and my husband can do to have a child.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Moore at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Take all past medical history with you. Make sure you are mentally ready for this.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Moore at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He was very honest and about my options. I had heard before that it may not be safe for me to carry a child again. Knowing that he won't allow me to chance my life made me feel that he really cared about me more than about making a dollar. I felt he understands how important it is for us but wants us to make the best decision possible.
Describe the protocols Edward Moore used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
I haven't gotten to any treatments yet. I am still trying to find a person to care our baby.
The staff was very nice. They made me feel at ease. They were help in anwsering any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Moore at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I only went for a consultation and the price was a little costly for 5 mins.
Describe Edward Moore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I would have to insist on a multiple embryo transfer. For better results
Edward Moore
Columbia
The clinic [PREG] was accommodating. It was comfortable and welcoming. It seemed pretty standard. It was easy to locate and yet inconspicuous enough. The temperature was just as you would expect of any medical facility. By far the best part were the adorable baby pictures and birth notices....The nurses were all wonderful. The were kind and understanding. They explained things clearly. I had a great experience with the nurses.
Dr. Nicholas was very knowledgeable. He did a wonderful job of explaining what we were to expect from baseline blood work to pregnancy test. However, he didn't necessarily take as much of a hands on approach as we'd hoped. Another doctor performed our mock retrieval and I wish Dr. Nicholas would have completed this. I think it would have assisted with the actual retrieval. Nevertheless, I think he set realistic expectations and provided us with decent care. I would probably try another doctor on future IVF attempts.
As with any doctor or service provider; do your own research and don't be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Nicholas was informative and thorough in answering questions. He didn't seem overly friendly, didn't attempt to build rapport, and at times seemed disinterested in our fertility journey.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic was accommodating. It was comfortable and welcoming. It seemed pretty standard. It was easy to locate and yet inconspicuous enough. The temperature was just as you would expect of any medical facility. By far the best part were the adorable baby pictures and birth notices. Always a reason to smile!
$5,000 for 1 round of Invocell.
Greenville
Dr. Nichols doesn’t go out of his way to sympathize with you, but when you are in pain he knows how to comfort you. He talks very quickly and doesn’t give you any time to see if you have any questions or to let you think about your questions. He is friendly. ... I understand they [PREG] have a job to do and plenty of patients to see, but you should also treat those paying patients better as a human.
Weakness would be the financial side. My husband and I were told that we would sit down with a financial coordinator to discuss finances, but instead they [PREG] did it at the front desk during checkout. Very impersonal. Didn’t really understand everything. Strength is that the staff is pretty friendly and it seems very clean and organized. ... The nursing staff does a good job, but no compassion it seems. Not very good bedside manner. There is only one nurse I would want to see 100% of the time.
Write down information he gives you because he may not go over it again
I did feel like a human some of the time, but more times than not I felt like a number. They get you out of there quickly, he talks very fast, and they aren’t there to sympathize with you. I understand they have a job to do and plenty of patients to see, but you should also treat those paying patients better as a human.
Not sure
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Weakness would be the financial side. My husband and I were told that we would sit down with a financial coordinator to discuss finances, but instead they did it at the front desk during checkout. Very impersonal. Didn’t really understand everything. Strength is that the staff is pretty friendly and it seems very clean and organized.
HSG test about $600 but my insurance did not help with infertility coverage.
None
Greenville

Dr. Payne was very receptive to my needs. He was as detailed as I needed during our discussions. He really listened to our concerns and made us feel comfortable with our plan of action. We are yet to conceive but feel confident we are headed in right direction under Dr. Payne's care.... I was frustrated with my experience early on due to the office staff. I expressed my concerns and Dr. Payne contacted me after hours one night and talked with me for nearly an hour.
Emilie Smith is the nurse practitioner that does all of our ultrasound scans. She also did our IUI. She is absolutely AMAZING! I email her constantly with questions and she is always quick to respond. She's also super friendly!... The office I go to was recently merged with PREG. There have definitely been some pains with that but they seem to be getting better.
Just ask questions!
Because I have PCOS we started off using only oral medications and trigger shots to force ovulation. We did that for 5 months. We did our first round of IUI last week...too early for results just yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Emilie Smith)
IUI approximately $900
Columbia
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] did a great job at explaining that we couldn’t figure out why I had unexplained Fertilty and that IVF was best options. He also tested me for endometriosis and found I had indeed has a slight case of it.... First couple cycle we did clomid and we even tried a different on. We did shots in the belly and all were accompanied by iui... He really took the time to explain things to me and my husband.
She [a nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group-Columbia] was truly the best. I know when we are going through these emotions it is hard and she always was a beautiful smiling face.... First couple cycle we did clomid and we even tried a different on. We did shots in the belly and all were accompanied by iui... I believed first or second cycle something happened with the sperm sample and the process in which it goes through to be ready for IUI
He did a great job at explaining that we couldn’t figure out why I had unexplained Fertilty and that IVF was best options. He also tested me for endometriosis and found I had indeed has a slight case of it.
Be brave! Be patient! Be kind it is not the doctors or the nurses fault and they usually hurt just as much as we do.
He really took the time to explain things to me and my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Tori )
She was truly the best. I know when we are going through these emotions it is hard and she always was a beautiful smiling face.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I believe that weakness probably has nothing to do with clinic but I wish insurance covered these options for those of us so desperately wanting a child. Maybe have better options with payments or better prices.
Lots!! Ultrasounds, blood work, seman wash medicine needed to provide more eggs, hormone shots to make you ovulate
2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
I felt like he [Dr. John Nichols] didn’t give it his all. He said he would at least get my cycles back and that didn’t happen. I went to my gyn and started birth control to start them but I still haven’t conceived. I just wish it was something else that he would have tried to get me to that point. It kinda felt like he just gave up on me.... I just remember taking these pills that were something like clomid to start my cycles. They started with a P. I would go in maybe one or two months and a nurse would check me and then I would go to the back with him to talk.
The strengths of this clinic [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group-Spartanburg] is that they have great people that are willing to help you along the way. But if you really want a doctor that is going to be helpful with understanding then let him know. The office is amazing. And it’s nice to see the different pictures of families that they have helped in the office.
I felt like he didn’t give it his all. He said he would at least get my cycles back and that didn’t happen. I went to my gyn and started birth control to start them but I still haven’t conceived. I just wish it was something else that he would have tried to get me to that point. It kinda felt like he just gave up on me.
Don’t make your patients feel like there is nothing else you can help them with.
They were the ones that mainly helped me. They were very compassionate and careful with everything that they did.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The strengths of this clinic is that they have great people that are willing to help you along the way. But if you really want a doctor that is going to be helpful with understanding then let him know. The office is amazing. And it’s nice to see the different pictures of families that they have helped in the office.
I don’t know the costs
Spartanburg

Dr McCoy was Very informative and patient. He explained the process thoroughly and answered every questioned we had. We even talked about other options which he gave our honest opinion about. Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group is a great practice.... I was scheduled and ultrasound to which they added blood work without me knowing before hand. Since none of it was covered I was left with a $400 bill that I wasn’t expecting. Dr McCoy didn’t explain al the “pre ivf” procedures that has cost me over $1000 dollars
I was scheduled and ultrasound [at PREG] to which they added blood work without me knowing before hand. Since none of it was covered I was left with a $400 bill that I wasn’t expecting. Dr McCoy didn’t explain al the “pre ivf” procedures that has cost me over $1000 dollars... They are very knowledgeable personable friendly and compassionate. I’ve always been greeted with a smile.
Be patient
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are very knowledgeable personable friendly and compassionate. I’ve always been greeted with a smile. I haven’t been theough the actual ivf process yet but I’m in the beginning stages of blood work ultrasounds etc. I was scheduled and ultrasound to which they added blood work without me knowing before hand. Since none of it was covered I was left with a $400 bill that I wasn’t expecting. Dr McCoy didn’t explain al the “pre ivf” procedures that has cost me over $1000 dollars
$10500 ivf