7.1

Selling medication is not offered

12039 NE 128th St.
Kirkland, WA 98034
425.822.7662

1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr Opsahl is caring and understanding. He does rush through appointments sometimes it feels like he is always in a hurry. He is a busy doctor, I understand but due to infertility as a super sensitive journey, I feel like he is always in a rush. Overall, he is a good doctor. He will listen, and explains the procedures.... We started with fertility boosting meds to see if I can ovulate more and get pregnant by myself. Then we tried IUI's, which failed. Then we decided to do egg/embryo retrieval due to some cervical cancer issues.
Clinic [Poma Fertility] is very clean, looks organized, big enough, with great equipment/tools. Although the part that is sometimes frustrating is how busy they always seem. Sometimes you have to wait 15-40 min at your appt. and also with harder times to change your appt, or choosing another day.... Sometimes due to how busy the clinic is, they forget to email you information or call in prescriptions. But for the most part they are on top of the schedule and are helpful.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Just to be prepared for anything that can happen in your journey. Mine was not easy, and am still going through it. But Dr Opsahl will remember you, and has a smile on his face every time he sees you, which is comforting while you're going through this uneasy journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
They are really good at caring for patients, although due to what seems like a super busy clinic, you sometimes feel like a number. They sometimes forget to follow up or give certain directions ahead of time, which is crucial for me. But I guess the patient can also be on top of their own journey as well.
Describe the protocols Michael Opsahl used in your cycles at Poma Fertility and their degree of success.
We started with fertility boosting meds to see if I can ovulate more and get pregnant by myself. Then we tried IUI's, which failed. Then we decided to do egg/embryo retrieval due to some cervical cancer issues. We proceeded with that treatment, and froze our embryos. Now I am working with Dr Opsahl on IVF cycle, with some complications of my cervical surgery, we are starting round two of injections and pills to prepare for the first IVF cycle soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
Nurses staff is great, very understanding and for the most part very organized. Sometimes due to how busy the clinic is, they forget to email you information or call in prescriptions. But for the most part they are on top of the schedule and are helpful.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Clinic is very clean, looks organized, big enough, with great equipment/tools. Although the part that is sometimes frustrating is how busy they always seem. Sometimes you have to wait 15-40 min at your appt. and also with harder times to change your appt, or choosing another day.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Poma Fertility.
They are usually done early in the mornings of specific days, which is pretty convenient due to work schedules of most people. No problem with those appts at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility.
Very expensive, since my medical insurance does not cover any infertility, we have to pay everything out of pocket. We have spent around $15,000 already for treatment provided by Dr Opsahl.
Describe Michael Opsahl's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Poma Fertility.
Dr Opsahl strongly suggested due to our age to use single embryo transfer instead of multiple for a safer healthier pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Poma Fertility.
Sometimes the nursing staff will email you saying they will update your IVF schedule and send out certain medications to the pharmacy, and it gets delayed by a few days, if not done at all. Pt has to be on top of things and sometimes remind them to resubmit info, or prescriptions to make sure you don't miss anything critical.
Kirkland

The few times we met with Dr. Opsahl he was very helpful. ... If we had questions he answered them thoroughly. He was confident that IUI would work for us and never pressured us to spend any more money on other things. When our first two IUI's didn't stick because of a thin uterine lining he switched my medication and we were successful. ... Trust that he is there to help you conceive and not just to make money.
I felt like it wasn't about the money, that they [Poma Fertility] were generally excited for people to have the family that they wanted. I appreciated that financials were always taken care of by people not associated with my medical care. The front desk staff were always pleasant and cheerful when appropriate. ... I think some of the nurses may have forgotten that although it's a job for them it isn't an every day occurrence for many. ... The only difficulty I really had was when getting called back.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
The few times we met with Dr. Opsahl he was very helpful. My husband is a science nerd so he wanted all of the information possible and statistics and was given all of that information. If we had questions he answered them thoroughly. He was confident that IUI would work for us and never pressured us to spend any more money on other things. When our first two IUI's didn't stick because of a thin uterine lining he switched my medication and we were successful.
Trust that he is there to help you conceive and not just to make money.
When I was in the office my treatment was wonderful, minus one nurse who was new and didn't really know what she was doing. The only difficulty I really had was when getting called back. Several times when I was getting ready for a treatment I would get a text or a call after the time that I could call and ask questions which was very frustrating. The front desk people were wonderful and helpful every time I spoke with them.
My first two cycles of IUI, I took chlomid for 5 days around my fertile time, then I went in and got a wand utlrasound to see how many eggs I had produced and if they were ripe. Then we were given an at home trigger shot and told what time to do the shot. My husband gave me the shot and then two days later my husband would go in the morning and give sperm that they washed and put in a different solution. That day we went in and they did a stomach ultrasound and inseminated, my husband always choose to push the plunger. The first round I got pregnant but the numbers were very low and the baby didn't stick. The second time was nothing. The third time we changed from chlomid to Letrozole. This time I ended up pregnant with twins. We did lose one twin at 9 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
I think some of the nurses may have forgotten that although it's a job for them it isn't an every day occurrence for many. No one walked me through what would happen during my miscarriage and because they were short staffed they missed an opportunity for me to start on medication again, so we had to wait to try again. My next two rounds were frustrating as well because of the lack of communication, I wouldn't get messages until late in the day and the messages would say if I had questions to ask them before the message was sent out. I will say that when I was in the clinic , for the most part, the nurses were kind. There was a flu outbreak that year and many of the nurses were out sick so I did end up with one who didn't really know what she was doing, which was hard to deal with as I didn't know what I was doing either.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
In general I would use Poma again, I'm hopeful that the bugs in the system have been worked out since I was there last. I felt like it wasn't about the money, that they were generally excited for people to have the family that they wanted. I appreciated that financials were always taken care of by people not associated with my medical care. The front desk staff were always pleasant and cheerful when appropriate.
We purchased a 3 pack for $1500.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Poma Fertility.
It was the timing of messages, and not being informed.
Kirkland
Saw [Dr. Opsahl] or the PA for every visit...Gave several options for treatment at that appointment. After we decided to move forward with IVF and that cycle was cancelled, he suggested wr move forward with donor eggs as our best chance to conceive. We felt we could have done another cycle of IVF using a different protocol but he didn't seem to go that route...He was very conpassionate. Explaining my diagnosis of Diminished Ovarian Reserve, it was very straightforward and well laid out.
Nurses [at Poma Fertility] were all great. Good communication and they were great when we did the injection training for ivf. They were all positive despite how the treatment ended up...Upfront, $1500 for 3 IUIs that was refundable. We paid around $20,000 for IVF, but since our cycle was cancelled we got about $17000 refunded...Parking is free. Front desk staff knows you by name. Appointments can be hard to get and they are a busy clinic. IVF treatments are only every other month. They offer competetive pricing for IUI and IVF and have a really great refund program for IVF. Finance there is great in explaining the different optiona.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
He was very conpassionate. Explaining my diagnosis of Diminished Ovarian Reserve, it was very straightforward and well laid out. But he was conpassionate and hopeful at the same time. Gave several options for treatment at that appointment. After we decided to move forward with IVF and that cycle was cancelled, he suggested wr move forward with donor eggs as our best chance to conceive. We felt we could have done another cycle of IVF using a different protocol but he didn't seem to go that route.
Clinic is busy and if you are an IVF patient, they only do cycles every other month. Parking is free.
Clinic was pretty busy but the front desk always knew your name. Saw Dr. O or the PA for every visit.
We did one medicated IUI with clomid and trigger shot, negative cycle. IVF was an estrogen primed antagonist protocol. Primed with estrace and cetrotide, stimmed with menopur and gonal F (max dose). Only resulted in 1 mature follicle and a handful of smaller ones- only about 5 smaller ones under 10mm if I can remember correctly. We were given the option to cancel or convert to IUI, so we opted for another IUI which was a negative cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
Nurses were all great. Good communication and they were great when we did the injection training for ivf. They were all positive despite how the treatment ended up
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Good experience overall. Sometime it feels like they are way to busy, therefor overlook certain details or patient history specifics. But the doc [Dr. Michael Opsahl] is always there with a smile, remembers you and the staff is there to answer the questions well.... He did care. But our situation was different due to cervical Cancer cone biopsy problem That made this more difficult.... IUI, then egg retreval, then IVF trials.
Very easy access to the clinic [Poma Fertility] and parking. No complaints about location at all. Great location and great building and facility in general. The clinic is clean, many rooms and very organized. Sometimes there is a wait time but not too long and it seems organized over all.... Sometimes they are very busy with so many patients that I feel like they miss critical information about your specific cycle. Sometimes you have to contact them via email to get updates in order to stay on specific schedules otherwise you will miss the deadline of your IVF or any other cycle.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Good experience overall. Sometime it feels like they are way to busy, therefor overlook certain details or patient history specifics. But the doc is always there with a smile, remembers you and the staff is there to answer the questions well.
IUI, then egg retreval, then IVF trials.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
Jessi is good. But seems very busy.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Very easy access to the clinic and parking. No complaints about location at all. Great location and great building and facility in general. The clinic is clean, many rooms and very organized. Sometimes there is a wait time but not too long and it seems organized over all.
Pretty expensive overall we’ve paid out of our pocket with very basic insurance coverage that does not cover infertility around $18,000 total put ornaments pocket.
Kirkland
Dr. Opsahl is honest, kind and clearly wants to see success for his patients. We have not gotten the results we want yet, but have felt like we are in great care with Poma fertility. I would highly recommend him to a friend. My one negative comment is that the clinic is quite busy and so your time to with the doctor is short and there is not always time to have all questions answered.... We used the same protocol with slight variations for each of my cycles.
The clinic [Poma Fertility] is welcoming, clean and easily accessible. The office runs on time and very rarely makes you wait. In the beginning, I did have some issues where they confused me and sent me information for another patient. That was concerning but has not happened after I alerted them.... The nursing staff was very responsive and available. They were good about answering questions and working collaboratively on the cycle calendar.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Be ready for an honest conversation about your situation and a doctor who genuinely cares.
The doctor is very respectful, honest and gives a high quality of treatment.
We used the same protocol with slight variations for each of my cycles.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
The clinic is welcoming, clean and easily accessible. The office runs on time and very rarely makes you wait. In the beginning, I did have some issues where they confused me and sent me information for another patient. That was concerning but has not happened after I alerted them.
Each cycle is roughly $11,000 out of pocket with the option to get insurance to cover failed cycles.