7.1

Selling medication is not offered

12039 NE 128th St.
Kirkland, WA 98034
425.822.7662

Dr Opsahl takes the time to answer questions thoroughly and thoughtfully both in person and via the portal. He takes the time to understand where your head is at when making important decisions regarding your care and makes sure you are making the best choice for yourself and that you have all the information you need to do so. ... Since I have PCOS, I was prescribed a lower dose of Gonal-F to start off with, and we are hoping I will respond well to that. Also, since I have a higher than average BMI (but still within their guidelines) all of my medications are going to be intramuscular rather than SubQ.
POMA is a very well oiled machine. They are compassionate, thoughtful, and make this process easier by being supportive. They are also super efficient with your time and make multiple appointments in the same slot for you (office visit, blood draw, ultrasound, financial, etc). ... Our care coordinator is very prompt with replies in the portal and if she is not there, someone always responds and addresses what I need right away.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
We are still in the pre-IVF stages with POMA, but it has been positive so far. He takes the time to really sit there with you and explain and make sure he understands. This type of care is something you can really only get at a smaller clinic like POMA.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
I would do your intake appointment with Dr. Opsahl rather than the PA there. She was wonderful, but I wish we had waited a few more weeks to meet with him initially.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Describe the protocols Michael Opsahl used in your cycles at Poma Fertility and their degree of success.
Since I have PCOS, I was prescribed a lower dose of Gonal-F to start off with, and we are hoping I will respond well to that. Also, since I have a higher than average BMI (but still within their guidelines) all of my medications are going to be intramuscular rather than SubQ. I asked if that was the reason and they nicely explained that they see better absorption that way, which was good enough for me!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Poma Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
The nursing staff at POMA is always so kind and great to work with, even at the break of dawn. Our care coordinator is very prompt with replies in the portal and if she is not there, someone always responds and addresses what I need right away.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility.
Around $18,000 (This is an estimate. Pre-IVF testing, IVF medications, Egg Retrieval, PGT-A testing, Anesthesia...etc. Subsequent frozen transfers are $3000+ more.)
Describe Michael Opsahl's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Poma Fertility.
I don't believe they consider multiple embryo transfer unless you are 35+ and/or have a history of recurrent pregnancy loss. I agree with and support this.
Kirkland

Dr. Opsahl takes the time to explain everything in simple terms. He greets and takes the time to say hello every time even if he isn't the one that you are going to see today. He has a calm demeanor which takes the stress out of everything. When I concerns, he addressed them immediately and had a plan.... The egg retrieval meds were very well throughout since this was my second retrieval. Unlike the prior clinic I went in weekly, for follicle ultrasound. They kept close eye on my growth and adjusted meds as needed. I had 23eggs retrieved, prior to this at the other clinic I only had 5. I've had 2 failed FET cycles and now we are prepping for an ERA under anesthesia as the regular ERA didn't work. He takes everything one step at at time, but has been explaining everything every step of the way.
I get hugs and greeted with love and compassion every time I see the nursing staff [at POMA Fertility]. They are cheering us on, even during the bad days they remind me not to give up. They have laughed, and cried with me through the entire process. They answer portal messages promptly, or they get a hold of Dr. Opsahl and get back to me immediately. Never have I had to reach out to them twice with a question. They are so quick.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Put your trust in him, he knows what he is doing. He will guide you through each step. Things may get confusing along the way. Don't hesitate to ask questions, even when he is busy. He always gets back to you in a timely manner.
There was compassion and empathy. When things failed, he comforted me and told me we will get to the bottom of things and figure it out. He never let me give up.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Poma Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Gennifer)
I get hugs and greeted with love and compassion every time I see the nursing staff. They are cheering us on, even during the bad days they remind me not to give up. They have laughed, and cried with me through the entire process. They answer portal messages promptly, or they get a hold of Dr. Opsahl and get back to me immediately. Never have I had to reach out to them twice with a question. They are so quick.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
I do like that they communicate through portal messages. It is nice to have the chance to re read instructions, rather than trying to remember a phone call conversation. I can't think of any weakness, they do great in all areas.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Poma Fertility.
I had to tell the nurses only once that the earliest appointment is always best for me because of work. They have always scheduled me right when they open for monitoring appointments. I have never had to reschedule the time because they remembered what works best for me.
I think with everything including meds, monitoring,etc we have paid about 20k.
Dr. Opsahl recommends I only transfer 1 embryo at at time due to the risk of multiple pregnancies.

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
I ask a lot of questions each time I am in there. For example, I wanted him to go into detail the reality of multiple IUI cycles. Dr. Opsahl took the time to show me examples and scenarios similar to mine and how things were adjusted to make a difference in body response for each cycle. I have never had a bad experience with him.... Dr. Opsahl didn't like the results of the regimen my old fertility doc had me on for multiple IUI cycles so the IUI cycle I did with
POMA really listened to my concerns, spent a lot of time explaining things to me, and gave me realistic expectations.... This clinic is in a convenient location, parking is easy, staff is very friendly, and the wait time for an appointment isn't months out like other clinics. Their waiting room is usually full of other patients waiting for their treatments but the front desk ladies are always respectful!
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Write down your questions and take notes during the appointment.
POMA really listened to my concerns, spent a lot of time explaining things to me, and gave me realistic expectations. I have never felt rushed to be out of there before their next appointment.
Dr. Opsahl didn't like the results of the regimen my old fertility doc had me on for multiple IUI cycles so the IUI cycle I did with Dr. Opsahl bumped my Letrozole from 5mg to 7.5mg and my numbers were the best ones yet!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
Sometimes the wait time for the nurses can be longer than expected but overall they are very kind and polite and educated!
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
This clinic is in a convenient location, parking is easy, staff is very friendly, and the wait time for an appointment isn't months out like other clinics. Their waiting room is usually full of other patients waiting for their treatments but the front desk ladies are always respectful! Last time I was there they helped a lost elderly lady with a language barrier get to her appointment with a different doctor in the same building but on a different floor. One of the gals took the time to walk her their herself. The customer service is amazing!
My insurance now covers nothing. My last IUI had some coverage so I think total out of pocket for that was around $600 plus medication, $1,000 total. We just started treatments again in 2018 and I did 3 round of Letrozole ($30 total) with no other interventions. My baseline testing was around $1,100 because insurance paid nothing. To do an IUI treatment it will cost around $1,300 total this time around. POMA offers several options for IVF. One round is $11,000 before medication. They do offer multi cycle discounted rates.
Dr. Opsahl's goals are to start with one. I agree with that approach.
Kirkland

Dr. Beasley kept thinking about ways my partner and I could make IVF work for our situation. He called us after work while driving home to discuss options. It feels very clear that he sees us as individuals and sees our different aspects of the fertility process. He is also super queer friendly and doesn't seem put off by how different our process is than his other patients.
Very positive and supportive place [Poma Fertility]. ... They always remember us and everyone there has a great sense of humor about the work. The communication system is sometimes a little clunky, with multiple different people sometimes responding to emails, but that's my only complaint. ... She [nurse] loves working with LGBTQ couples and is able to talk you through the process without batting a eye. She has a ton of experience and is excited about reciprocal IVF.
How was your experience with Ronald Beesley at Poma Fertility?
Dr. Beasley feels like a wonderful, wacky fertility genius. He explained so many options for us. For some people, this may be too much information--he's so knowledgable, you can see the wheels spinning when he's explaining things. For us, this showed he was really holding us in his thoughts through the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ronald Beesley at Poma Fertility?
Dr. Beasley will be straightforward and honest about the options, but he will also let you explore them on all on your own. He is probably best for a patient who knows something about the IVF process before walking in the door.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ronald Beesley at Poma Fertility?
Describe the protocols Ronald Beesley used in your cycles at Poma Fertility and their degree of success.
We are doing reciprocal IVF with Dr. Beasley. We have not yet begun our process. So far, we can done Ovarian Reserve Testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Poma Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Linda Alexander)
She loves working with LGBTQ couples and is able to talk you through the process without batting a eye. She has a ton of experience and is excited about reciprocal IVF.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Very positive and supportive place. Every time I go someone is coming in to share success stories or give presents to the staff. They always remember us and everyone there has a great sense of humor about the work. The communication system is sometimes a little clunky, with multiple different people sometimes responding to emails, but that's my only complaint.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ronald Beesley at Poma Fertility.
We haven't been billed yet. They work hard to make sure insurance is looking at all the claims before billing.
Describe Ronald Beesley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Poma Fertility.
He is strongly on the side of single transfer, unless there are a few quality embryos to work with.
Ronald Beesley
Kirkland

[Dr. Michael Opsahl] was sometimes quite busy but when I had questions he made sure to answer them thoroughly in a way I understood...He is experienced and intelligent in what he does. He would give us upfront and honest info and advice which I appreciated but he always let us decide. I didnt feel any pressure to do it their way if I didnt want to. He was very encouraging...We did PGS testing on all the embryos except the first. We did a fresh transfer with the first bc they said they can usually tell which one is best. Unfortunately that one didn't take but we got 1 pgs normal of the 6 others we sent for testing. That one took and I am now 32 weeks pregnant 😊
We did PGS testing on all the embryos except the first [at Poma Fertility]. We did a fresh transfer with the first bc they said they can usually tell which one is best. Unfortunately that one didn't take but we got 1 pgs normal of the 6 others we sent for testing...There were times when things weren't communicated well [by nurses] but for the most part it they did pretty well...We did pomacare which ensured we take home a baby. 11,000 ivf/ 2500 PGS/ 600 anesthesia, meds not included. If we needed another egg retrieval it would cost 5000 but luckily we didn't.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
He is honest about your chances and what to expect. I appreciated this. Sometimes a little rushed.
The Dr was sometimes quite busy but when I had questions he made sure to answer them thoroughly in a way I understood.
I cannot exactly remember the meds we used but it seemed pretty standard. We did PGS testing on all the embryos except the first. We did a fresh transfer with the first bc they said they can usually tell which one is best. Unfortunately that one didn't take but we got 1 pgs normal of the 6 others we sent for testing. That one took and I am now 32 weeks pregnant 😊
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
There were times when things weren't communicated well but for the most part it they did pretty well.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
They were honest about our chances and always answered our questions the best they could. They were definitely busy and rushed at times but always friendly and compassionate. I liked that they were upfront about costs.
We did pomacare which ensured we take home a baby. 11,000 ivf/ 2500 PGS/ 600 anesthesia, meds not included. If we needed another egg retrieval it would cost 5000 but luckily we didn't. If it didn't work they would refund us 50% of the ivf cost.
With our fresh cycle they preferred to do a single embryo transfer bc research shows there is a lot less complications with a Singleton. However they were open to doing 2 if we really wanted. We only had 1 pgs normal after that to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Poma Fertility.
I live in Portland and had many tests done at my own hospital so I didnt have to drive 3 hours. Once they scheduled a test I thought was covered by pomacare, it turns out it wasn't and would cost $700 but I could get it free at my hospital. So I drove all the way there for nothing and the timeline had to be changed so I could schedule the procedure at my own hospital.
2017 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Opsahl] was optimistic and positive and easy going. He seemed skilled at what he does and very thoughtful about choosing different protocols/procedures. I felt that he tailored his approach to what he thought would work best for me (IVF vs. ICSI for fertilization). He listened to our desires for a single embryo transfer and was supportive and didn't push us to transfer the additional fair embryo in addition to the good quality one.
Because there are multiple nurses [at Poma Fertility], you don't often talk to the same person and it was stressful trying to get follow-up questions answered. That said, the nursing staff was always supportive and helpful and we always got the information we needed eventually...We paid approximately $20,000 for IVF with Poma Care (qualifying for 70% back if we did not get a take home baby at the end of treatment)...The clinic seems to try to keep costs down as much as possible and to tailor treatment to the patient. I appreciated that it did not feel like a one-size fits all treatment approach. We also appreciate the Poma Care plan in whi
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
We started out seeing the nurse practitioner at Poma for initial consultations and began working with Dr. Opsahl further along during treatment. He was warm, knowledgable, and easy to work with. He was optimistic and positive and easy going. He seemed skilled at what he does and very thoughtful about choosing different protocols/procedures. I felt that he tailored his approach to what he thought would work best for me (IVF vs. ICSI for fertilization). He listened to our desires for a single embryo transfer and was supportive and didn't push us to transfer the additional fair embryo in addition to the good quality one. I felt like he was looking out for our best interests and what we wanted. He seemed a little uncertain how to acknowledge my emotions when most of our embryos arrested and died unexpectedly between day 3 and day 5 (from 12 embryos to 1-2 embryos).
Share your concerns and ask for what you want - he will listen and be supportive.
Dr. Opsahl was overall warm and understanding. His clinic is small and it made me feel good when the front desk and nursing staff recognized me.
Dr. Opsahl had me take birth control pills for 1-2 weeks at the beginning of the cycle. Then I used Follistim, Cetrotide and Menopur with regular monitoring of my hormone levels every other day and then eventually daily. He had me trigger with an HCG trigger shot. He recommended regular IVF fertilization (rather than ICSI) with a belief that nature picks better sperm than humans can given my partner's adequate sperm count and effective acrosome reaction test. We retrieved 21 eggs (20 of which were mature), 13 of the eggs fertilized, we had 12 day-3 embryos (8 high quality), and 1 good quality day-5 embyro and 1 fair-poor quality day-5 embryo, and zero embryos that could be frozen. The one good quality embyro was transferred and led to a healthy pregnancy, live birth, and "take home" baby born at term on the due date.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
When you can get in touch with the nursing staff, they are excellent. However, it is difficult to get in touch with the nursing staff either through calling the nurse line or through the online portal system. Because there are multiple nurses, you don't often talk to the same person and it was stressful trying to get follow-up questions answered. That said, the nursing staff was always supportive and helpful and we always got the information we needed eventually. The physician assistant Megan Palazzola was rather cold and unhelpful. We had our initial consultations with her rather than Dr. Opsahl and she was not very warm or compassionate or understanding of our emotions regarding starting IVF treatment. She ended up getting pregnant herself during my treatment there which she never discussed even when it was obvious she was expecting. I would have appreciated some acknowledgment of the awkwardness of the situation and an explanation of how it would impact my treatment.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
The clinic is a smaller operation than many fertility clinics in the area. When we first attended there was only one doctor and they have recently added a second one. Both doctors are male, which was a little off-putting to me, but I was pleasantly surprised by how warm and compassionate they both are and how much I have appreciated working with them. The clinic seems to try to keep costs down as much as possible and to tailor treatment to the patient. I appreciated that it did not feel like a one-size fits all treatment approach. We also appreciate the Poma Care plan in which you can qualify for money back (the exact percentage depending on your age/health/stats) if you don't get a take home baby at the end of treatment. We could have saved money by not using Poma Care, but we appreciated the peace of mind it provided after we transferred the only viable embryo from our retrieval. We feel happy that, by "overpaying" with Poma Care, some of our money was refunded to another couple who was not successful like we were. We definitely plan on going back to the clinic to complete our family and plan to use Poma Care again for the same peace of mind. Parking is easy and free which is a bonus. It can be a little challenging and stressful to get in touch with the nurses in time for any adjustments to medications, but after being persistent, we always got the information we needed in time, but sometimes it was down to the wire. It is helpful to be really proactive about asking what you need to do in advance because otherwise it is stressful and last minute.
We paid approximately $20,000 for IVF with Poma Care (qualifying for 70% back if we did not get a take home baby at the end of treatment), approximately $4,000 for medications, and $600 for the anesthesiologist, in addition to some initial testing and consultation costs.
Dr. Opsahl was supportive of our desire for an eSET. He offered to transfer the other poor-fair quality day-5 embryo as well, but we declined. He did not have a strong opinion nor did he push us in either direction.

2014 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Opsahl is compassionate and kind. He makes sure he's present for almost all your ultrasounds and definitely for all your procedures. As the clinic got busier, we did notice that he'd be in and out of the room faster, answers got shorter and I felt like I was bothering him if I had to ask questions...Dr. Opsahl can be very blunt or forward with your diagnosis and treatment suggestions but he wants you to succeed in your goal.
[Poma Fertility] Strengths - Organized overall. I like the organization and communication with financial. They answer any and every question you may have because it's all very confusing. You can even set up appointments with financial and then e-mail as well... Weakness: Communications needs to be a little bit better. Describing what each med is for, why you're taking something and why certain meds need to be taken could be expressed more. I felt like I always had to ask why I had to take something or what it's for. I
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Dr. Opsahl is compassionate and kind. He makes sure he's present for almost all your ultrasounds and definitely for all your procedures. As the clinic got busier, we did notice that he'd be in and out of the room faster, answers got shorter and I felt like I was bothering him if I had to ask questions. They hired an ARNP to help out but since I've been with the clinic for so long, I felt so comfortable working with Dr. Opsahl the most in every step of cycles.
Dr. Opsahl can be very blunt or forward with your diagnosis and treatment suggestions but he wants you to succeed in your goal. If you truly feel a certain way about treatment or your plan, make sure you discuss all options with him. Don't be afraid to be your own advocate as well.
I've been going to Poma, pretty much since they opened. The nurses at Poma are so caring and really take the time to make you feeling comfortable and ask all the questions you need. Dr. Opsahl is a nice and caring physician but as the clinic got busier, I felt like it was harder for me to see him and ask questions.
It's really hard to remember each cycle's protocol. My follicles did not want to respond to meds each time so Dr. Opsahl would max my dosages to get the most we can out of them. One of my best cycles was when we used growth hormone as Dr. Opsahl had done some research that it helps with egg quality. After the first cycle fail, Dr. Opsahl suggested me use donor eggs but my husband and I were not ready yet to go that route. He respected and worked out on our decision to still try with my own eggs. After 2 fails, we are now ready to start the donor route.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Poma Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kirsten for IVF and now Shanita for donor IVF)
Working with Kirsten was the best. She's so organized and remembers me every cycle. She's also very detailed where I don't have to ask too many questions but when I did ask, she never gave me short answers and didn't make me feel like I was bothersome. Working with Shanita was difficult at first. It was hard to get a full understanding what happens during donor cycles, she was out of the office a lot and would forget to answer my questions where I'd have to ask multiple times. I've expressed my concerns to her and communication is now a lot better. There are other nurses at Poma who have been there throughout our journey, Jessi, Edden, Jessica, Jennifer, to name a few. They always remember you when you come in and are so caring.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Strengths - Organized overall. I like the organization and communication with financial. They answer any and every question you may have because it's all very confusing. You can even set up appointments with financial and then e-mail as well. The front desk remembers you when you walk in. The lab is very organized and they synchorinize your bloodwork with your ultrasound appointments well. Overall the clinic is great and a huge reason why we never wanted to switch anywhere else. Weakness: Communications needs to be a little bit better. Describing what each med is for, why you're taking something and why certain meds need to be taken could be expressed more. I felt like I always had to ask why I had to take something or what it's for. I'd hope that Dr. Opsahl could stop accepting patients if they feel that they are juggling too many in one cycle. I can tell during some of my appointments that they are rushing. It's not horrible but I've definitely noticed a difference in the years.
Poma is considered one of the more affordable clinics in the area. On top of their lower cost, they also offer a discount when using cash for IVF. Our insurance does not cover any of it so it's all very expensive anyways but we feel we get the best deal with Poma.
He knew the quality of the embryos I was producing so transfering more than one was usually the option we took.
Kirkland

Dr. Opsahl helped educate me and helped me understand what I was going through. Now that I fall into Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, he has done absolutely all the testing he could possibly do to give us an explaination....After an array of testing had been completed ranging from testing tissues from both of my previous miscarriages to auto immune, karyotype, mthfr, and blood clotting disorders, we finally got to a point where we could start trying again.
I did not necessarily want to be treated at a clinic where I would be passed around from doctor to doctor, depending on who was working that day. This is one of my bigger reasons why I chose Poma. However, the reality is that this can be a challenge as well because he [Dr. Opsahl] is only one person and needs to oversee all his patient's care. He does have a physicians assistant whom I've seen and think very highly of as well.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
My husband and I went for a consult with Dr. Opsahl when it had been almost a year after the miscarriage of our first pregnancy. I had expressed my concerns even thought my situation didn't fall into a typical type of patient that fertility doctors would start seeing. He was very informative and reassuring that he could help speed up the process to conceive with less aggressive treatment. He did not pressure us with IVF right away. Unbeknownst to us, we were actually pregnant during that consult but it was too early to know. Although it was a spontaneous pregnancy, Dr. Opsahl continued to monitor the pregnancy closely due to my history with miscarriage. Unfortunately, it did not work out and ended in a miscarriage again. He had recommended a d&c so that we could do testing on the tissue and recommended I go back to my OB and consult the surgery due to his tight schedule for the upcoming week. I expressed how I did not want to see my previous OB again and was in the process of switching. He went above and beyond, and somehow got me into his schedule a couple days out. The care that I received at Poma was far surpassed my first experience with a d&c from my previous OB. Even afterward, they monitored me to make sure I would get back to "normal" for 8 weeks post op. I was left in the dark with my first miscarriage with the OB and had no idea what was happening to my body. Dr. Opsahl helped educate me and helped me understand what I was going through. Now that I fall into Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, he has done absolutely all the testing he could possibly do to give us an explaination. Although we have not found the answer, we know we are in good hands with Dr.Opsahl.
I would give the advice of being your own advocate to any patient, not just ones who I would recommend see Dr. Opsahl. I've been in that type of situation where you just need to be firm about what you're feeling and your concerns. It shouldn't be shrugged off or ignored. Don't just take 100% , your doctors word for it. Express your concerns and why you feel a certain way about a certain thing. Communicate.
In my previous OB/GYN care, I've felt like I was just a number. Countless times waiting in the lobby past my appointment time and not recieving the compassion that I so deserved in my experience with miscarriage. When I was researching the different fertility clinics in my area, I chose Poma Fertility due to many factors, but mainly because Dr. Opsahl was going to be the sole person to take charge of my care. There were not dozens of doctors that I would be passed around to. I've heard that at some other clinics, you would hardly even see the doctor and would mainly be seen by the nurses. My expectations were more than exceeded with my experience so far at Poma Fertility. They're warm and welcoming and know you by your name. You're taken back on time and Dr. Opsahl and his team have shown me so much compassion for my situation and my losses. I truely feel like they care for me and I'm not just a number that they make money off of. I'm certain that this is how all his patients would feel.
After an array of testing had been completed ranging from testing tissues from both of my previous miscarriages to auto immune, karyotype, mthfr, and blood clotting disorders, we finally got to a point where we could start trying again. Dr. Opsahl had prepared us on what to expect, treatment wise, if genetic testing of the pregnancy tissue or ourselves came back abnormal. It would mean we would need to do IVF to better our chances. All of my testing came back normal except for my thyroid. My TSH was elevated to a 3.8. My clinic wants you to be between 0.5-2. I was placed on a small dose of synthroid for hypothyroidism and was recommended to start with medicated IUI cycles. Because the tissue and our karyotype came back genetically normal, he explained IVF would not necessarily resolve the issue that could have caused the miscarriages. We first tried clomid 100mg, cycle days 5-9. I did not respond well. Only 1 mature Follicle that took much longer than the typical day 12 and my lining wasn't great. On day 18, Dr. Opsahl gave us an option to go ahead with the IUI or take the trigger shot and try on our own with timed intercourse to be more cost effective. We opted for the latter. That cycle was unsuccessful. Next we tried a natural cycle with an IUI due to some confusion. This too was unsuccessful. However, my husband's sample was abnormally low and we had only 2.7million motile sperm to work with. Our 3rd cycle comes around the holidays and we missed our window yet again, due to another confusion and delay. Our 4th cycle finally came and we changed the medication to letrazole/femara at 7.5mg, the max dose, for days 5-9 again. This time I did respond great. Two and a half mature follicles on day 12 and a great lining measurement. We triggered that night and went in 36 hours later for the IUI. My husband's sample was great this time at 88million motile sperm before wash and 12.4 million progressive motile sperm at 80% after wash. That cycle, unsuccessful again. Deflated, I needed to take a break but not a complete break. Our current cycle is going to be the same dose of the medication letrazole without a trigger and timed intercourse on our own. If we're not pregnant by April, we will try another medicated IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
Most of the nursing staff I've dealt with are compassionate and kind. There are a couple that I really love. They are the epitome of who I would expect to be working in such a personal field like fertility. Kindness, sympathy if not empathy and compassion are such necessities in this field. Naturally I've dealt with some nurses who don't possess this trait as strongly and one that has really dropped the ball during a critical time in my cycle. But overall I would say they are highly reliable to depend on getting your concerns/questions answered and important information relayed between you and the doctor. Poma has a convenient online portal messaging system that they consistently check throughout the day. I've usually had my messages replied to, Monday-Saturday. All the lab results are promptly uploaded to this portal as well. Important information is usually given by a phone call by the nurses. I remember once, I was anxiously awaiting for a response to a concern I had. Because of my history with past providers forgetting to get back to me, I was checking in with the nurses at Poma frequently to remind them. I was pleasantly surprised to be reassured that they haven't forgotten about me and that they were just finalizing the instructions from Dr.Opsahl before getting back to me. I've been able to fully trust that these wonderful nurses at Poma, know what they're doing and do their jobs well.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
When I was researching fertility clinics, these were some of the factors that I was looking for and wanted in a clinic that would care for us. First is obviously the reviews others have made about this clinic. I had originally heard about Poma through a friend, who knew someone that was a patient there. They had raving reviews about Poma and conceived their first child through IVF. I utilized social media and online reviews as well. I looked into more than one clinic. I found that some had several doctors. While others like Poma were smaller "boutique" style clinics with one doctor. I did not necessarily want to be treated at a clinic where I would be passed around from doctor to doctor, depending on who was working that day. This is one of my bigger reasons why I chose Poma. However, the reality is that this can be a challenge as well because he is only one person and needs to oversee all his patient's care. He does have a physicians assistant whom I've seen and think very highly of as well. So that helps. Location is also a big reason I chose Poma. Going through fertility treatment is grueling and you often need to be seen several times a month, if not a week to monitor your progress. This clinic was the easiest to commute to, close to my home and my husband's work. This made it easier for him to leave work for appointments. Lastly, Poma worked with my insurance. Fertility treatment is such a big expense and a lot of times, a medication or procedure is not covered. Poma is also very upfront with the price of IVF. Which helps because IVF is not a covered treatment on a lot of insurances. They also have a guarantee program where you pay an extra premium to guarantee a live birth and take home baby. They refund a portion of your money if that is not achieved.
The first consultation is $350 but was covered by our insurance as an office visit. So we only paid our co-pay. Clomid and femara were covered by our insurance but the trigger shot was not covered. They ordered in the prescription to a specialty pharmacy based out of Arizona. It cost $135 each time. Our first IUI was fully covered due to our out of pocket max being met. But looking at the claims, it cost roughly about $300 including the sperm preparation and the IUI itself. He did not charge for the specific ultrasound scan during the procedure but all other monitoring ultrasound scans were charged. Costing just under $200 each, but after our insurance coverage, it was $25.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Poma Fertility.
The cycle that fell during the holidays, I had feared would not go as planned due to the tight time frame I had. My cycle had started a couple days before Christmas weekend. I called in my cycle day 1 per usual and the particular nurse, that handled my messages that cycle, was not as attentive to my needs. I needed Dr. Opsahl to confirm the recommended change in medication from clomid to femara and to give me the protocol for that cycle. Ultimately I got slipped between the cracks and never got instructions and the new medication called into my pharmacy on time. On Christmas Eve Eve, on the 23rd, a wonderful IVF nurse sent me a message recommending I refill my clomid and follow the protocol from my previous cycle if I wanted to do that. The only drawback was that there was supposed to be a change in meds and I expressed that I did not want to do the same meds and protocol that I did not respond well to. She said unfortunately, because she is the only one in the office and Dr. Opsahl was out for the holiday weekend, she could not get the confirmation for the new med. By the time the next open business day came around, it was too late in my cycle to start any meds and continue with the IUI. So we missed out on that cycle and it was frustrating. The day after Christmas, another wonderful IVF nurse called to apologize for the mix up and for not relaying the information promptly.
Kirkland

Dr. Opsahl is a doctor whom is sought after and often has a long list of patients waiting to see him. When we initially began at the clinic, his appointments were booked out about a month in advance. After meeting with him, we have never felt like he is too busy to meet with us and have been pleasantly surprised to have him remember names and specific information from prior appointments... During these three rounds, I took Clomid. The first cycle I took 50 mg, but for the 2nd and 3rd we increased to 100 mg. We have now completed the IUIs and all negative results. Poma provided us the information and statistics for continuing with IUIs or moving to IVF and ultimately left the decision up to my husband and I.
We have had a couple different nurses [at Poma Fertility] depending on the procedure which is taking place. They have also been great in answering questions and holding conversations to distract and keep my mind busy. The thing I probably appreciate the most about the nursing staff is their prompt response time to online portal communication. Typically when I ask a question or need clarification, there is a response waiting for me in less than 24 hours. They are also available via phone (leaving a message, but they call back), however I prefer the online portal.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Dr. Opsahl is a doctor whom is sought after and often has a long list of patients waiting to see him. When we initially began at the clinic, his appointments were booked out about a month in advance. After meeting with him, we have never felt like he is too busy to meet with us and have been pleasantly surprised to have him remember names and specific information from prior appointments. As others have mentioned, he can be brief in some appointments but if asked specific questions or want to know more information he does open up. While we have not had the success that we went in hoping, we are now beginning the IVF process and will be working with Dr Opsahl on a more regular basis.
Don't give up! While it is an emotional process, Dr. Opsahl and his team are there to help and work with you. I have truly appreciated the small clinic feel and while I am spending thousands of dollars, I believe that Poma is working their hardest to help us achieve our dreams and not charging above and beyond.
Poma has always made me feel like they have time for me and are willing to answer questions I have, reiterate information, or even provide a shoulder to lean on during the emotional process.
I had started at a local ob/gyn after a referral from my family doctor. After several rounds of oral medications, she recommended I seek additional guidance from Dr. Opsahl. We scheduled our initial appointment, where Poma reviewed previous medical records and used these to make a plan. We opted to begin with an IUI cycle, as all tests returned normal and there was nothing obvious causing our infertility. Poma offers a package of 3 IUIs for a reduced rate, so we opted to give them a try. During these three rounds, I took Clomid. The first cycle I took 50 mg, but for the 2nd and 3rd we increased to 100 mg. We have now completed the IUIs and all negative results. Poma provided us the information and statistics for continuing with IUIs or moving to IVF and ultimately left the decision up to my husband and I.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
We have had a couple different nurses depending on the procedure which is taking place. They have also been great in answering questions and holding conversations to distract and keep my mind busy. The thing I probably appreciate the most about the nursing staff is their prompt response time to online portal communication. Typically when I ask a question or need clarification, there is a response waiting for me in less than 24 hours. They are also available via phone (leaving a message, but they call back), however I prefer the online portal.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Strength: Dr. Opsahl is the main doctor there and he has an assistant who helps with some of the procedures. Due to the limited number of doctors, I feel that they know me and can better address our medical needs while feeling a personal connection. Weakness: For me the commute to a busy city is not ideal (typically have to leave my house 2 hours prior to appointment) especially with morning appointments and morning commuter traffic, but am glad the clinic is above a parking garage with ample parking.
There was an initial appointment meeting price of a couple hundred dollars to meet and discuss options with Dr. Then initial bloodwork and ultrasounds. IUIs had a package if you pre-purchased 3 together. This ended up being about $600 a piece (medications and trigger shot were additional and purchased outside of the clinic). IVF has a couple different options - an all-in one price for about $11,000 or an insured price through the clinic which offers a percentage pack. Unfortunately, my insurance does not cover anything associated to infertility. I have had to pay 100% out of pocket.
Kirkland

We did Reciprocal IVF [with Dr. Michael Opsahl]. My wfe went through egg retrieval with no fertility issues. I was under suppression meds in preparation of embryo transfer, no fertility issues...Very compassionate doctor. Explained our procedures and was very friendly and professional. Very lgbt understanding which is what we were looking for. Made sure our questions and concerns were addressed
They [Poma Fertility] checked insurance coverage and sent us the estumated amount we would owe.Elwe had to pay that amount up front before beginning the he procedures. Once they were done refunds and adjustments were made...I had specified the use if a certain pharmacy due to insurance. I had to call in and message Poma seceral times to send prescription to the correct pharmacy. Staff did not call in to discuss results from a pregancy Ultrasound
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
He isvery very busy, tou have to be patient and make sure you jave good communication with your whole team, he is the last one to talk to you but when he does everything goes smoother. Be understanding that he has a lot of women in the same shoes as you
We did Reciprocal IVF. My wfe went through egg retrieval with no fertility issues. I was under suppression meds in preparation of embryo transfer, no fertility issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Poma Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shanita, Jennifer)
They are very very busy and seems as they should need to be better organized. There is no on call person that eould answer your questions that need immediate attention. You hace to wait until the end of the day to get a response
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Very friendly staff. The clinic is clean and welcoming. The rooms for before and after procedures lack the so much needed privacy. They could use a separating wall instead of curtains for after procedure. It would be nice if partners can go into the op room for egg retrieval.
They checked insurance coverage and sent us the estumated amount we would owe.Elwe had to pay that amount up front before beginning the he procedures. Once they were done refunds and adjustments were made
Multiple due to quality of embryos

2007 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Opsahl is friendly, smart, and makes you feel like he genuinely cares and wants to help you start a family. I loved the atmosphere of he office. If he see’s you in the waiting room he will come and say hi and call you by name. I also like his nurse practitioner Megan....He gives you a list of supplements to take if you would like and they really helped my egg production. I used menopur, gonal- f, pregnyl, progesterone vaginal tablets, birth control.
As soon as you walk in the feel of the office [Poma Fertility- Kirkland] is so comforting and relaxing. Which is a lot to say when you are so nervous and stressed out for these appointments. Front office staff is friendly and helpful....I loved how she [nurse] was compassionate and caring. She was very organized and would respond back very quickly usually the same day with hours. When she was not there the other nursing staff would also get back to me very quickly to answer any questions or give me dosages. Love there patient portal system. Very well put together.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Give him and his office a chance. They all genuinely care and want this to work for you. He has a great bedside manner. Try not to stress when you go in for your appointment and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Opsahl and his nursing staff and front office make you feel comfortable when you are there. Knows you by name but just another patient.
He gives you a list of supplements to take if you would like and they really helped my egg production. I used menopur, gonal- f, pregnyl, progesterone vaginal tablets, birth control. I am getting older so each time a did a cycle my egg count went down a little bit but not horrible. I usually used two bottles of the menopur a day and gonal -f was about 350 units to start and taper down at the end of stim.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Poma Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kirstin)
I loved how she was compassionate and caring. She was very organized and would respond back very quickly usually the same day with hours. When she was not there the other nursing staff would also get back to me very quickly to answer any questions or give me dosages. Love there patient portal system. Very well put together.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
As soon as you walk in the feel of the office is so comforting and relaxing. Which is a lot to say when you are so nervous and stressed out for these appointments. Front office staff is friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Poma Fertility.
Very willing to work around my schedule since I lived four hours away. As long as I was there in time to get my lab test results back in time to change med doses if needed.
We talked about what the embryo quality was he day if the transfers and then decided on how many to put in at that time. He ask your opinion and then he also gives you his. We did multiple each time we did a transfer.
Kirkland

Dr. Opsahl is a kind doctor with lots of compassion. He has a sense of humor but is also professional. My husband is a numbers guy and the stats that Dr. Opsahl gave didn't sit well with my husband.... In this regard, I felt like Dr. Opsahl didn't do the best in explaining things and making my husband feel comfortable spending tens of thousands of dollars. I felt like my husbands questions made him uncomfortable and not confident. He was never unkind, but the interaction was confusing and uncomfortable.
Overall, the clinic [Poma Fertility] was great. The parking was pretty good, the clinic itself was clean and welcoming. The front desk staff, at times, seemed annoyed and inconvenienced but for the most were nice. There were a few times I could hear them venting or talking about a patient and I felt that was unprofessional. For the most part, I didn't have to wait too long to be seen. The nurses were so kind and really tried hard to keep patients moving through without seeming like they were on a conveyor belt. Every one I ever met with was kind and empathetic.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Dr. Opsahl is a kind doctor with lots of compassion. He has a sense of humor but is also professional. My husband is a numbers guy and the stats that Dr. Opsahl gave didn't sit well with my husband. It's hard for me to say whether one was right over the other but they kind of talked in circles. My husband ended up just letting it go because they were never going to see eye to eye. In this regard, I felt like Dr. Opsahl didn't do the best in explaining things and making my husband feel comfortable spending tens of thousands of dollars. I felt like my husbands questions made him uncomfortable and not confident. He was never unkind, but the interaction was confusing and uncomfortable. Dr. Opsahl didn't explain too much to me during each appointment and I felt like he was a bit rushed at times so I had to rely a lot on the nurses to answer my questions. During the retrieval and transfers, Dr. Opsahl was happy and encouraging and made us feel confident and comfortable. If I saw him during a beta appointment, he was hopeful for us and encouraging. Overall, I was happy to work with Dr. Opsahl.
Have your questions written out and keep pushing till you get the answers you're looking for. At times, it can seem like he's talking in circles and not shooting straight.
They knew my name when I came in and seemed happy to see me. They took the time to talk with me and explain everything to us.
The first cycle was kind of like being a Guinea pig. We were just trying to see how my body would react. We did birth control, then menopeur, follistim, cetrotide, estrogen patches and estrogen pills. This cycle ended up with a negative after all was said and done Next, we did a FET. I believe we did birth control, lupron and I'm not sure what else. Ended in a negative. Second cycle was similar to the first but we suppressed for a shorter time, and with stims we added in human growth hormone to try to grow my eggs and make them as strong as possible. This cycle ended with a positive and a live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Poma Fertility. (Assigned nurse: For fresh cycles it was Kirsten, for FET it was Jessie)
Overall the nurses were amazing! They were really there to answer any questions, explain everything to me and they were there to chat with and were so encouraging! Loved them!
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Overall, the clinic was great. The parking was pretty good, the clinic itself was clean and welcoming. The front desk staff, at times, seemed annoyed and inconvenienced but for the most were nice. There were a few times I could hear them venting or talking about a patient and I felt that was unprofessional. For the most part, I didn't have to wait too long to be seen. The nurses were so kind and really tried hard to keep patients moving through without seeming like they were on a conveyor belt. Every one I ever met with was kind and empathetic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Poma Fertility.
The appointments were generally quick and painless. In and out within a few minutes. Dr. Opsahl generally did them but sometimes Meghan, the other doctor / MA did them. Dr. Opsahl wasn't always the gentlest, so I actually preferred to see Meghan sometimes.
I don't remember specifics.
Kirkland

I felt like a human because [Dr. Michael Opsahl] focused on my I individual treatment and not like a number in a study. He told me what my results meant, and what I should expect...I did the antagonist ivf protocol. I have diminished ovarian reserve...They made me an appointment for suppression check bloodwork and ultrasound...I transferred 2 embryo because [he] told me I would have a better chance...What I liked about [him], he was brutally honest. He told me how things looked without sugarcoating it...
[nurse of Poma Fertility] They responded very fast if you need help and they were very educated on the subject.they were compassionate and gave you extra support when you needed...All the blood tests, ultrasound and IVF costed us around $15.000...I felt like a human because the doctor focused on my I individual treatment and not like a number in a study.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
What I liked about Dr Opsahl was that he was brutally honest. He told me how things looked without sugarcoating it. Sometimes this can scare away people, but in my case that was what I wanted to hear, so I could plan my next step if I would need it. I believe he did what he thought was best for my situation and for that I will always be great to him for helping me conceive my twins.
To be prepared for real honesty. This doctor is not really warm and fussy, but he is good at what he does and he listens to you if you have any concerns.
I felt like a human because the doctor focused on my I individual treatment and not like a number in a study. He told me what my results meant, and what I should expect.
I did the antagonist ivf protocol. I have diminished ovarian reserve. The first medication I took was called estrace. I took the medication twice a day. After couple of days later I even started with the first antagonist injections. This prevents premature ovulation. I took this for 2 days I believe. When I stopped taking the injections they told me to call the office after I get my period. They made me an appointment for suppression check bloodwork and ultrasound. Everything looked good and after this I started my stimulation medication. I had to take injections daily between 4-7 PM. My meditications list included: menaopur 150 iu, follistim 450 iu ( the dose changed day 5 to 375 on day 8 it went down to 150 iu. Also, I took omnitrope 0.5 ml. Omnitrope is a human growth hormone. In ivf this is used to improve follicle development, estrogen hormone production and egg maturation. I did this protocol for 8 days. They got 4 eggs out. After the egg retrieval, the next steep was to take Medrol 16 mg, Doxycycline 100mg, Estrace 2mg. Also, I took Crinone one day after egg retrieval. I think I covered almost everything. Thankfuly, this protocol worked for and it resulted with my twin boys.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
The nursing staff was so wonderful in this clinic. They responded very fast if you need help and they were very educated on the subject. Also, they were compassionate and gave you extra support when you needed.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
I really loved this clinic. I don't think I remember any weaknesses it has. My experience with them was wonderful. I don't know how they are now, but 2017 the team they had were very professional and friendly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Poma Fertility.
We could go in with our schedule for monitoring, unless it was time passed monitoring.
All the blood tests, ultrasound and IVF costed us around $15.000.
I transferred 2 embryo because dr told me I would have a better chance. I think this approach was right for me.
Kirkland
He's [Dr. Opsahl] great at looking at the big picture of every patient and adjusting treatment as necessary. He was usually very kind and patient, but sometimes he gets a little stressed during the months where many people are going through IVF cycles at once...Dr Opsahl is an incredibly intelligent man. Dr Opsahl takes amazing care of his patients.
From the consultation to the embryo transfer, I felt like I was a part of their family [at Poma Fertility]. Everyone was always supportive and available to answer my questions during my cycles. I always felt well taken care of...The nurses ate Poma are a rarity in the medical field. Most of the techs are nice, but ALL of the nurses are incredibly caring and compassionate. I had the best care before and after my egg retrievals...I believe our IVF cycles were $10k a piece. I also spent $6500 both times on medications. We spent another $3,000 on PGS testing. I think for two cycles it was around $35,000.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Dr Opsahl is a very thorough doctor. He's great at looking at the big picture of every patient and adjusting treatment as necessary. He was usually very kind and patient, but sometimes he gets a little stressed during the months where many people are going through IVF cycles at once.
Don't waste your time going to other Fertility specialists if you need IVF!! I went to another local fertility clinic before Poma, and I had a terrible IVF cycle there. Poma's lab is phenomenal, and Dr Opsahl is an incredibly intelligent man. Dr Opsahl takes amazing care of his patients.
Dr Opsahl and his staff were always very caring. From the consultation to the embryo transfer, I felt like I was a part of their family. Everyone was always supportive and available to answer my questions during my cycles. I always felt well taken care of.
I used an estrogen priming protocol with both of my egg retrievals. I have low ovarian reserve and high FSH, and this protocol seemed to really help me! I also didn't use birth control before my cycles because my body doesn't handle suppression well. I used high doses of stimulation drugs, and I think it hurt the quality of my eggs. I had a lot of embryos between my two retrievals (around 25), but at 5 days I only had 5 were good quality. If I were to go through another egg retrieval with Dr Opsahl, I would ask to do lower doses of stims.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Poma Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
I very rarely was seen at my actual appointment time. There are so many people who go through IVF cycles at once that the staff ends up running behind. The staff also gets stressed out because they're so busy. I didn't think any of this affected the quality of care I received though.
De Opsahl recommended I transfer two of my 'fair' embryos because they weren't going to make it to freeze. I was able to PGS test and freeze my 'good' embryos. I ended up pregnant with a singleton.
Kirkland
[Dr. Opsahl was] Always available to perform my surgeries, procedures, etc. Made sure we were comfortable and had no questions and concerns...He would always say "failure is not an option" Always have his fingers crossed for us.... He can be blunt. I liked knowing all options and what we were looking at and this may not be good for everyone. He gives you the true picture...Not wanting to overtreat. Example, for the egg retrieval he sis not want ohss to occur as that can cause pain and setbacks. It was all about the quality of my eggs vs.the quantity...All testing had to be done prior to IVF round. Example, tested sperm to make sure we did not have to go through icsi.
The best part [about Poma Fertility] is they offered essentially a la carte or poma care. They ran your health, age, etc. information into a system that gave you information on the likelyhood of success with a round of ivf and following transfers. You got a number. We had a 90% chance of bringing home a baby. This allowed us to decide if we wanted to so a la carte... pay for one round of IVF and a transfer then additional would be any added FETs, etc. This includes ultrasounds associated with procedures. Or poma care, pay more but if you don't have success with every one of your transfers (for how ever many embryos you have), you'd get whatever percentage of your money back based on the system they ran your numbers with. So we did poma care and if we didn't walk away with baby, we got 90% of our money back.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Pros: 1. Always available to perform my surgeries, procedures, etc. Made sure we were comfortable and had no questions and concerns m ocing forward. If we did, we were taken care of immediately. 2. Positive. He would always say "failure is not an option" Always have his fingers crossed for us. 3. Knowledgeable 4. Not wanting to overtreat. Example, for the egg retrieval he sis not want ohss to occur as that can cause pain and setbacks. It was all about the quality of my eggs vs.the quantity. 5. All testing had to be done prior to IVF round. Example, tested sperm to make sure we did not have to go through icsi. I hear of stories where couples do all of this after a failed round. He wants the best chances of getting it right once. Pro or Con depending: 1. He can be blunt. I liked knowing all options and what we were looking at and this may not be good for everyone. He gives you the true picture
They are a smaller clinic trying to accomdate more and more couples. Cycle times may be hard and they do a 5 week cycle system where as large places can be more flexible of if tou see different doctors. Example:I missed the frozen transfer cycle by a few days and had to wait a month until they were back in that transfer cycle vs retrieval cycle. He can be blunt; this may not work for everyone. We liked it. And example: talking about our options after our first fresh cycle transfer. We had success, embryo too but I miscarried for the second time. Talking about next steps were transfers and then he brought up surrogacy. That shocked both of us! But he was trying to give us a larger picture of if this continues to happen, we run all tests, make a changes and and carrying still happens. It was probably silly odbhin to bring up burbhe was trying to say there are options. We have a healthy growing baby now.
I loved the constant contact once I was pregnant. They allowed me to come in for weekly ultrasounds as they knew I was so nervous after 2 miscarriages. The nursing staff was great and would answer right away if I had a question or concern. When I'd be waiting in the waiting room the doctor always said hi and crossed his fingers or said "this is it!" ...just always positive and kept saying "failure is not an option".
Egg retrivals were the Gonal F, trigger, estrogen, something else. Progesterone suppositories and estrogen pills after transfer and through 10 weeks if successful. FET was with low doses of lupron depot, nenopur, progesterone in oil, patches. I SWEAR BY THE PIO!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
Always flexible with my early schedule, happy, positive and knowledgeable. If they didn't know something they would get the best person to help.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
They are wonderful! So helpful and work around the clock. I felt like towards the end they were starting to get more patients. I hope they don't get too big they lose the small clinic personality.
The best part is they offered essentially a la carte or poma care. They ran your health, age, etc. information into a system that gave you information on the likelyhood of success with a round of ivf and following transfers. You got a number. We had a 90% chance of bringing home a baby. This allowed us to decide if we wanted to so a la carte... pay for one round of IVF and a transfer then additional would be any added FETs, etc. This includes ultrasounds associated with procedures. Or poma care, pay more but if you don't have success with every one of your transfers (for how ever many embryos you have), you'd get whatever percentage of your money back based on the system they ran your numbers with. So we did poma care and if we didn't walk away with baby, we got 90% of our money back.
He did not let us do more than one embryo due to risks foe mom and baby. This was non negotiable and I asked all of the time! We knew we had healthy pgs tested embryos too.

2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Opsahl is a somewhat reserved Dr who you can tell internally processes quite a bit. I learned that the more questions I would ask about what he was doing, why, etc, the more he would open up. As with most Doctors, the longer I saw him, the more open and stronger the Dr.- Patient relationship became. At times though, because of his more reserved side and business, appointments would feel a little rushed, or I would have unanswered questions. There was always a nurse in the room with him who would stay behind though, which was helpful, as I was always able to follow up with them to ask any questions I had...
There are a set of nurses [at Poma Fertility] that do non-ivf appointment and then a set of IVF nurses. All communication outside of the office is through a portal. They do offer phone communication, but I preferred the portal. They were always prompt in responding and were clear in their responses...Strengths: Intimate Clean Colorful and pleasant Professional Weaknesses: Because it was a smaller clinic, there were a lot of conversations and huddles near the waiting area between the Dr and nurses. Nothing ever specific to a patient or inappropriate, but sometimes that extra space is appreciated...
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
I feel that if this were my first time doing IVF, I may have felt a little overwhelmed with the whole process. Because he is the only Dr. in the clinic and they use a portal for communication, there were times that I thought to myself that if I hadn't already done IVF before, I would be anxious. I had even overheard a few different conversations in the waiting area at times with some patients asking questions that probably should have been discussed earlier. They also recommend patients watching the videos online for injection courses (although they do a run-through in the clinic too). My advice for Dr. Opsahl would be to not be afraid to ask questions. He will answer and give a great explanation if asked.
Dr. Opsahl is the only Dr seeing patients at this clinic. By the time of my retrieval, he knew who I was by name and would always make it a point to say hi to me if he saw me in the waiting area before my appointment. He is very hands on and does not stay cooped up in his office when he isn't seeing patients. There were many times I would overhear him answering questions patients had about dosages, triggers, etc and he would stop and take the time to answer questions. I didn't give him a full positive, because during IVF months (since it's a smaller clinic, he would do 1 month on, 1 month off) he would sometimes be rushed during appointments - but a lot of Drs should be expected to be.
After being suppressed with BC for 2 weeks, I was put on a 150iu Menapur and 300 Follistim to start off my cycle. By the 6th day, I increased my Follistim to 375 because I am historically a slow responder and was responding about 2 days behind the ideal schedule. From there things really picked up. I stimmed until day 12 and then triggered. They did change my plan post retrieval though because my progesterone had gotten too high before the trigger, which impacts the lining. What threw me for a loop though was that since I wasn't planning on transferring this month and was planning on doing PGS testing, I didn't think it would be a problem. What I learned though is that Dr. Opsahl essentially wants a contingency plan in case something happened to the embryos (not enough to freeze, didn't grow well, etc). So he wants the patient to be available to do a transfer no matter what. Since I was not able to transfer, he recommend that I do a day 2 freeze all, and then prep for a transfer in January. Then in January, they will thaw all embryos, let them grow to day 5 and we can choose to PGS all day 5 embryos and refreeze all, or transfer one without PGS and then PGS and refreeze the rest. Because we are in a money-back program, if we do not choose the Dr's recommendation, then we forfeit our participation in the program and don't get our money back. It was a bit odd to me, but after taking out the emotional component of expecting everything to go as schedule, I appreciate the steps he takes to ensure the most success with our embryos. Right now, we have 9 embryos frozen on day 2 and will be prepping for a transfer in January.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
Unlike the our first clinic, we did not have an assigned nurse while going through IVF. There are a set of nurses that do non-ivf appointment and then a set of IVF nurses. All communication outside of the office is through a portal. They do offer phone communication, but I preferred the portal. They were always prompt in responding and were clear in their responses.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Strengths: Intimate Clean Colorful and pleasant Professional Weaknesses: Because it was a smaller clinic, there were a lot of conversations and huddles near the waiting area between the Dr and nurses. Nothing ever specific to a patient or inappropriate, but sometimes that extra space is appreciated. My first attempt at IVF had to be canceled due to a cyst. Because of that, I had to wait until the next round of IVF a month and a half later, rather than being able to wait out the cyst and have a personalized cycle. I am personally okay with waiting, as I have been through this all before and have prepared myself for various curve balls and unknowns, but with IVF being highly emotional as it is, for some, having to wait that long for a cycle to start can be hard.
$17,000 for IVF with PGS and includes all future transfers. We qualified for the bottom tier of their program, so if we do not get a baby after this first cycle, we can do another IVF with PGS for $3500 or get 50% of our money back. This option goes on for 3 total round of IVF. If at the end of all 3 rounds if we are still not pregnant, we get back 50% of everything we invested. Drugs are not included in the $17k, neither is $650 for anesthesia or $1900 for the Genetic Clinic's fee for PGS. The $17k did cover the option for ICSI if we chose it, but we didn't. It also covered the freezing and refreezing, so we weren't hit with additional fees, which I know we would have been at the other clinic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Poma Fertility.
When my first IVF attempt was canceled, I had an IVF nurse write me later that day asking why I didn't stay behind to take my first Menapur shot that morning. I had to inform her myself that my cycle was canceled, which is why I didn't hang around. She felt horrible for the confusion and nothing like that ever happened again.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Opsahl was wonderful, hands down. If money wasn’t an issue, I’d run back to him today! Even though our IVF failed, he allowed me to be pregnant, even for a short while. He showed compassion through the tough days, he listened to our concerns and gave exceptional care...I had severe OHSS after our fresh transfer. I had to be drained every other day for 2 weeks. All transfers we used estrogen patches and 2 of them we used estrogen pills vaginally.
$16,500 plus meds [at Poma Fertility]. This was a guaranteed route. We had as many transfers as embryos and once we ran out and didn’t have a “take home baby”, we were refunded 90%...I can’t think of a weakness. The office is very calm and comforting. It’s small so everyone knows each other so you feel like a human nd not a number. It’s clean and inviting. After any procedure, the staff takes exceptional care of you.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Write down all your questions before your first consult
The entire staff at Poma was like family! Never once did I feel like I wasn’t being cared for.
I don’t remember much... Fresh transfer we used crinone and Lupron. The other 3 transfers I opted out of crinone and use the progesterone shots. I had severe OHSS after our fresh transfer. I had to be drained every other day for 2 weeks. All transfers we used estrogen patches and 2 of them we used estrogen pills vaginally.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
Wonderful! I cried when we walked out of the offcie for the last time because we weren’t going to see them anymore. The nursing staff is amazing. They were with us every step of the way. They cried with us, hugged us, listened and cheered us on. I wouldn’t have changed a thing
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
$16,500 plus meds. This was a guaranteed route. We had as many transfers as embryos and once we ran out and didn’t have a “take home baby”, we were refunded 90%
We did single transfers up until we failed twice. We decided to transfer two to double our chances but it failed too. Dr. Opsahl was always cautious about multiples because the pregnancy could be hard
Kirkland

Our care was customized, we felt that Dr. Opsahl truly took the time to personally handle all of our medical issues and requirements which was certainly positive.... Dr. Opsahl completed each ultrasound, mock transfer, and explanation/discussion.... He relayed clear expectations of our chances to conceive, even though they were bleak. I was not at a point to discuss donor eggs and I appreciate his willingness to work with us.
In-house lab, POSITIVE: This was the last deciding factor for us in selecting POMA Fertility for IVF, even though, perhaps with our knowledge now, it should have been our first consideration. I cannot express the impact of meeting Mr. Klaus Wiemer, PhD Lab Director. He is warm, supportive, and so knowledgable!... Reception, WEAKNESS: This is one area that needs work. The two front desk clerks at the time we were at POMA were gossipy and rude.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Dr. Opsahl was recommended by a friend-of-a-friend who conceived under his care with her own eggs and sperm as an older, first-time IVF patient (38). We had come from another clinic in the Seattle area and were hesitant about changing clinics. Our first meeting with Dr. Opsahl did not go well. He is not overly warm, very direct. As a teacher, I may need a little more "hand-holding" than he is capable of offering. He was very clear in his expectation that we would have almost less than a 7% chance to carry a child to term (age 42, own eggs). My husband felt that he did not want us as clients due to my age. Although Dr. Opsahl's information and delivery was off-putting, I thought about the reference we were given: that this doctor would handle each step of our treatment personally--each ultrasound he would complete, each mock transfer, and the transfer itself. This was a deciding factor in proceeding with Dr. Opsahl at POMA Fertility in Kirkland, Washington. A specific example of our experience after our frist of two egg retrievals for insemination: I was hopeful and we were discussing the embryo quality in his office after retrieval. I was told that we had, "...one quality embryo...and one poor quality embryo." With a quick smile I said, "So they are all rockstars, right!" And he repeated, "...one quality embryo...and one poor quality embryo." My heart sank. I realize now, especially since he was the second doctor we had worked with for treatment, that he did not want to raise our hopes beyond a realistic expecation. However, his delivery, although accurate I'm sure, felt void of feeling and I left worried and disappointed. Dr. Opsahl never mentioned donor eggs for our treatment. I never mentioned donor eggs, either. I find this surprising now, after being a part of so many support groups. It seems many women of my age are not offered treatment due to their age and doctors do not want to work with the eggs of a woman over 40. Positively, I never found that to be the case with Dr. Opsahl. He relayed clear expectations of our chances to conceive, even though they were bleak. I was not at a point to discuss donor eggs and I appreciate his willingness to work with us. He recommended two retrieval cycels, one frozen and one fresh. These combined cycles would be allowed to grow together for the best results and greates number of transfer since it was not expected that our embryos would make it to genetic screening. We followed his advice and had two retrievals that resulted in one transfer of 5 untested embryos. One resulted in a healthy, bright, bubbly baby boy who just turned 13 months old!
The advice I would give to a prospective patient of Dr. Opsahl's is: prepare to be "low-balled." I think he will work with the worst-case scenario so as not to raise expectations. This can be painful to hear. However, the personal care you will recieve will outweigh the discomfort of the moment. He will know your case, your body, your goals and work with you!
Our care was customized, we felt that Dr. Opsahl truly took the time to personally handle all of our medical issues and requirements which was certainly positive. My other experience at another fertility clinic did not have the same personal depth that we were shown at POMA Fertility in Kirkland, Washington. Dr. Opsahl completed each ultrasound, mock transfer, and explanation/discussion while the other clinic had a different non-doctor (medical staff) complete these procedures which left of feeling that we were unknown to them. This personal handling of all our fertility treatment made us feel confident in POMA Fertility, our doctor, and lab. Dr. Opsahl also made a recommendation for acupuncture at a nearby clinic, Abundant Spring, which we believe impacted our success greatly. The one drawback of POMA Fertility may be Dr. Opsahl's bedside manner. He is very direct and, I believe, will lower your expectations so as not to raise your expectations to an unrealistic perspective. As a 42 year old woman and 41 year old male, seeking IVF with our own eggs and sperm, our outlook for success was below 12%. My husband was very discouraged in our first meeting with Dr. Opsahl and wanted to look elsewhere for help. However, we were referred by a friend-of-a-friend who had twins with her own eggs at 38 and I wanted to try with POMA Fertility. It may be that, as fertility patients, we are ultra-sensitive during this stressful time in our lives and we were too sensitive to Dr. Opsahl's directness in his assessment of our chances to conceive.
Second Treatment for fresh retrival (age 42): 10 days of injectable hormones Day 1: Menopur 150 iu in the am Gonal F 450 iu in the pm Day 3: estrogen and bloodwork Day 6: ultrasound and bloodwork Trigger shot: 10,000u (Pregnyl @ 5,000iu) Ganirelix.25mg, Crinone 8% gel, baseline ultrasound, and baby aspirin My fertility treatments began with a uterus hystogram (not sure if that is the right terminology). The mapping of my uterus and tubes for blockage. No blockage was found. Many find this procedure painful but I did not have any growths or blocked tubes and so I found it pretty akin to a regular pap smear. Secondly, I underwent an ultrasound for a baseline measure of uterine lining. I was then placed on injectable hormones for a period of 10 days. My injections were in my stomache and daily. I was able to self-inject all medications. I have heard of inter-muscular shots and they sound horrific and many needing help to complete their injections. These were never discussed or prescribed. Although my stomache became a little bruised and tender, it was well worth the discomfort. I used a trigger shot for my egg retrieval. I went to the clinic so that my last ultrasound and mock transfer could be completed. I was placed under anesthesia and my eggs were retrieved. Our first retrieval included sperm injection. My husband began taking supplements and sperm injections were not needed for our second retrieval. Five of six surviving embryos were transferred on Day 3 of lab growth. Our embryos were not pgs tested. Our last remaining embryo did not survive the night. We were successful in carrying one child to term with a low positive blood test of 38.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Poma Fertility. (Assigned nurse: cannot remember, possibly "Amber?")
I am sorry that I cannot remember my care coordinator's name, possibly Amber? She was our coordinator and nurse. Her disposition was similar to our doctor, very clinical. She is not the person I would have selected to work with us. However, other than meeting for protocols, my contact with her was limited to emails through the patient portal. My questions were always handled in a timely manner, within a day. The other nurses were fantastic! Very personable, outgoing, positive, and fun! One of them drew my blood several times and remembered things like where I lived, how far my hours-long drive was, and personal details. I really wished she had been our contact person.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Location, POSITIVE: I preferred the Kirkland location of POMA Fertility to that of the other, Seattle-based clinic we went to previously. The freeway access was easy from Tri-Cities, Washington and we didn't have to travel into the city, adding at least an hour of traffic time, to our eight-hour round trip. Price, POSITIVE: We did not have fertility coverage with our insurance policy and paid out-of-pocket, which included our savings, a personal loan, and a home equity loan. Frozen retrieval one: $10,610 cash discount price. Frozen retireval two: roughly $7,000 including cash discount price. Our medication was $5,000 per cycle. Although included in our treatment, we had to have several ultrasounds in our city as we could not travel for each, therefore, we had to pay another clinic for the ultrasounds. Each ultrasound was roughly $175. The price was a major factor in our decision to switch clinics to POMA. The other clinic started at roughly $15k per cycle, not including medications. In-house lab, POSITIVE: This was the last deciding factor for us in selecting POMA Fertility for IVF, even though, perhaps with our knowledge now, it should have been our first consideration. I cannot express the impact of meeting Mr. Klaus Wiemer, PhD Lab Director. He is warm, supportive, and so knowledgable! He directly oversees the lab, it is NOT left to lab techs. He called us daily with updates! He was present for my transfer and worked in tandum with Dr. Opsahl. I have heard of many other clinics who never met their lab physician. Ours called us daily with updates of our embryos! Reception, WEAKNESS: This is one area that needs work. The two front desk clerks at the time we were at POMA were gossipy and rude.
First retrieval, frozen transfer: $10,610 (cash discount from $10,875) Second retireval: $6,275 (cash discount from $6,430) $305 thaw of first retrieval embryos $5,000 per cycle (not paid to POMA Fertility) $2,290 PGS (refunded) $650 Anesthesia labs $350
Due to may age, 42, eSET was not an option. It was highly unlikely that any of my five transferred embryos would take and quite possible that we would need another transfer of any surviving embryos. We agreed to transfer the maximum of untested embryos for my age--five. This is the MAIN REASON we chose to change clinics and proceed at POMA Fertility--our other clinic would not transfer more than two embryos, regardless of the age of the patient or quality of the eggs/embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Poma Fertility.
I wouldn't consider the prescription call-in wrong, but it was inconvenient to have the prescription called-in to a location further than we would have liked to have driven in traffic, in an unknown city. Closer locations were available.

2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
Due to my DOR I had a very tailered medication regimen [from Dr. Opsahl]. He was very upfront the entire time on when and why we had to make changes and adjustments etc...His goal is for you to have one healthy baby. I appreciated his encouragement to only transfer 1 embyro. I knew he cared about me and my unborn baby, not just making sure he got good results for his own numbers...He knew me...It was always very personable. Never any accidents with giving wrong info or being confused with my questions or my desires.
no complaints [at Poma Fertility]. It would also be nice if there was some sort of cafe within the building. They do have a good selection of coffee and tea though...nurses knew me. It was always very personable. Never any accidents with giving wrong info or being confused with my questions or my desires...Very encouraging with great communication skills...They know what they are doing and are doing it for the right reasons (its not all about the money there!)
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
He is very upgront but in a friendly caring manner. He didnt beat around the bush. He cared about our opinions and goals. But most importantly he cared about helping us build our family. He is a true gift from God!
Ask lots of questions. Trust him and his team. They know what they are doing and are doing it for the right reasons (its not all about the money there!)
He knew me, his nurses knew me. It was always very personable. Never any accidents with giving wrong info or being confused with my questions or my desires.
I used the LEAP i believe it was called. Due to my DOR I had a very tailered medication regimen. He was very upfront the entire time on when and why we had to make changes and adjustments etc etc
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
Very encouraging with great communication skills.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Location! I live far away and wish they were closer to my home. Otherwise no complaints. It would also be nice if there was some sort of cafe within the building. They do have a good selection of coffee and tea though
We paid for the procedure which included everything except bloodwork and any additional ultrasounds if needed
Kirkland
Dr. Opsahl is kind, thorough, and very clear in what he thinks would be the best course of action. He can be a bit blunt but I appreciate his honestly in order to make hard decisions. He gives his opinion but also honors yours and lets you decide what is best for you and your family.... He prefers eSET but if you were in a situation where you didn't have any good quality embryos but may have 2 questionable ones he would put 2 in. Not more than 2
The clinic [Poma Fertility] has really great success rates for IVF compared to other clinics in the area. I like that they are a smaller more personal clinic. Since they are a smaller clinic they only do egg retrievals every other month.... They have been very on top of things, are quick to answer questions but only through the portal messaging. However they usually get back to you within a days time....They have been very on top of things, are quick to answer questions but only through the portal messaging.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Advocate for yourself as I think this is important in every doctor patient relationship. Dr. Opsahl wants to help you to the best of his ability but you have to tell him what you need and what you want too.
Dr. Opsahl is always open to answering any and all questions, even if you had MANY like I did. He was great at explaining everything and had a good mix of being blunt but also caring and understanding.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
The clinic has really great success rates for IVF compared to other clinics in the area. I like that they are a smaller more personal clinic. Since they are a smaller clinic they only do egg retrievals every other month.
I haven't received any bills yet
Kirkland

I think if you want someone who is going to do anything to get you pregnant, maybe he would do that, but he doesn't seem like he's just in it to make money and was always very honest about what he could and couldn't do for us. I really enjoyed working with him- I just wish he could perform miracles!...Dr. Opshal never made me feel like he was rushing is while we were meeting with him, he took time to answer every question, and gave all the details I wanted without sugar-coating anything when it was a bad outcome.
[Poma Fertility] Strengths- easy to find, nice, professional, small, personal Weaknesses- hate the giant pictures of flowers on the wall that seem to flaunt their fertilization ;) [Nurses] Never made me wait more than a few minutes. Always responded to my emails quickly. Always friendly when I saw them....Most things were covered by insurance because they billed them as diagnostic except for the advanced sperm analysis. And the Clomid cost about $30.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Go in knowing the questions you want to ask because he will be willing to keep answering as long as you keep asking!
Advanced sperm analysis because we already knew we had male infertility but he wanted to know how the sperm functioned. Blood tests and ultrasound to test female fertility. Clomid Challenge to see how my hormones would respond.
Kirkland

Fertility treatments are quite invasive, but I felt respected and as close to comfortable as was possible under those circumstances. I was very apprehensive about certain aspects of IVF, but found myself really trusting Dr. Opsahl... Dr. Opsahl recommended transferring one embryo because the success rate was higher than with multiple embryos.... I was closely monitored and had any questions answered in a timely manner every time but one
The clinic [Poma Fertility] almost always ran on time and I was seen on time at nearly every visit. I feel like I probably had more questions than an average patient there and every time but one had my questions addressed relatively quickly.... I was closely monitored and had any questions answered in a timely manner every time but one. I never felt rushed when he met with me for consults or care. He [Dr. Opsahl] was overall very personable and seemed genuinely invested in my and my husband’s succeeding.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Feel free to ask any question, no matter how inconsequential it may seem—Dr. Opsahl won’t make you feel stupid and will gladly answer.
I was closely monitored and had any questions answered in a timely manner every time but one. I never felt rushed when he met with me for consults or care. He was overall very personable and seemed genuinely invested in my and my husband’s succeeding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Poma Fertility.
Everyone was very attentive and compassionate during the process of IVF and the subsequent transfer.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
The clinic almost always ran on time and I was seen on time at nearly every visit. I feel like I probably had more questions than an average patient there and every time but one had my questions addressed relatively quickly.
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Opsahl is very knowledgeable and blunt. I do feel that he had way too many patients for the size of the clinic. When I saw him, he was always in a rush. He wasn't very interested in experimental procedures...There has been some miscommunication of which procedures will be performed. Make sure you know what will be taking place...I pushed for all the protocols and dosages based on experience
[Prices at Poma Fertility] about $7k for stim and retrieval. $3k for embryology (getting from day 1 embryo to 5 day embryo). $3k for FET...Overall I didn't have problems with nurses, with a single exception. Shanita had made several errors (without acknowledging any wrong doing) and continuously ignored my questions which she did not have answers to...There has been some miscommunication of which procedures will be performed. Make sure you know what will be taking place. Also, drug suppliers (in US) POMA suggests do not always have best prices.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
There has been some miscommunication of which procedures will be performed. Make sure you know what will be taking place. Also, drug suppliers (in US) POMA suggests do not always have best prices. Do your homework
Struggled to get responses from nursing staff
I pushed for all the protocols and dosages based on experience. Do your homework
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
Overall I didn't have problems with nurses, with a single exception. Shanita had made several errors (without acknowledging any wrong doing) and continuously ignored my questions which she did not have answers to. In my job, I would have been fired for such behavior.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Its got highest success rates in WA state. Having some inside knowledge - the lead embryologist is one of the best in the area
eSET was not required from me because I have failed 3 PGS screened embryo transfers already

2019, Consult
The dr [Michael Opasahl] made sure that we understood every topic that was discussed. He seemed well experienced, educated and as if he genuinely cared about our experience and outcome. He explained potential risks and what to expect.... The doctor did not rush us during our consultation. He was thorough, asked many questions about our situation.... This was a consultation only.
[POMA Fertility is] Welcoming, clean, friendly and organized. We didn’t notice any weaknesses. Parking is easy to find and free. Everyone that we spoke to was helpful and kind. Other patients in the waiting room also seemed to be pleased.... I believe IVF is around $25,000, that includes everything and gives you a guarantee. If IVF does not result in a live birth, you get to do your next round at a discounted cost
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
The dr made sure that we understood every topic that was discussed. He seemed well experienced, educated and as if he genuinely cared about our experience and outcome. He explained potential risks and what to expect.
No advice needed, you are in good hands.
This was a consultation only.
Kirkland

Dr. Opsahl is kind and funny. He was always willing to explain or elaborate a procedure or test result if we didn't understand the reasoning behind a recommendation. He was prompt to all appointments and efficient too, an appointment rarely ran long...Personal attention from Dr Opsahl and staff...The nurses were amazing. Always kind and cautiously optimistic when you needed them to be. They kept you entertained during the wait before a retrieval and updated you with very timely test results via an online portal.
The nurses [at Poma Fertility] were amazing. Always kind and cautiously optimistic when you needed them to be. They kept you entertained during the wait before a retrieval and updated you with very timely test results via an online portal. I didn't want to leave them!...A kid free lobby for the most part. If you're short on medication you can borrow and replace the clinic's supply....Dr. Opsahl is kind and funny. He was always willing to explain or elaborate a procedure or test result if we didn't understand the reasoning behind a recommendation.
Personal attention from Dr Opsahl and staff
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
The nurses were amazing. Always kind and cautiously optimistic when you needed them to be. They kept you entertained during the wait before a retrieval and updated you with very timely test results via an online portal. I didn't want to leave them!
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Dr Opsahl strongly encouraged an eSET. When we transferred two embryos for our failed cycle, he explained why that was the best course of action.