7.1

12039 NE 128th St.
Kirkland, WA 98034
425.822.7662

2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
Due to my DOR I had a very tailered medication regimen [from Dr. Opsahl]. He was very upfront the entire time on when and why we had to make changes and adjustments etc...His goal is for you to have one healthy baby. I appreciated his encouragement to only transfer 1 embyro. I knew he cared about me and my unborn baby, not just making sure he got good results for his own numbers...He knew me...It was always very personable. Never any accidents with giving wrong info or being confused with my questions or my desires.
no complaints [at Poma Fertility]. It would also be nice if there was some sort of cafe within the building. They do have a good selection of coffee and tea though...nurses knew me. It was always very personable. Never any accidents with giving wrong info or being confused with my questions or my desires...Very encouraging with great communication skills...They know what they are doing and are doing it for the right reasons (its not all about the money there!)
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
He is very upgront but in a friendly caring manner. He didnt beat around the bush. He cared about our opinions and goals. But most importantly he cared about helping us build our family. He is a true gift from God!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Ask lots of questions. Trust him and his team. They know what they are doing and are doing it for the right reasons (its not all about the money there!)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
He knew me, his nurses knew me. It was always very personable. Never any accidents with giving wrong info or being confused with my questions or my desires.
Describe the protocols Michael Opsahl used in your cycles at Poma Fertility and their degree of success.
I used the LEAP i believe it was called. Due to my DOR I had a very tailered medication regimen. He was very upfront the entire time on when and why we had to make changes and adjustments etc etc
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
Very encouraging with great communication skills.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Location! I live far away and wish they were closer to my home. Otherwise no complaints. It would also be nice if there was some sort of cafe within the building. They do have a good selection of coffee and tea though
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility.
We paid for the procedure which included everything except bloodwork and any additional ultrasounds if needed
Describe Michael Opsahl's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Poma Fertility.
Kirkland

He [Dr. Opsahl] was knowledgeable and patient but constantly couldn’t remember what I had done and would suggest medications that would cause me to overstimulate. I think he’s a good doctor but slightly rushed with me as an IUI patient....The nursing staff [Poma Fertility] has been very scattered. I repeatedly have to remind Dr. O of my previous end responses.... The nursing manager ended up taking over my case because so many people forgot to call me back
I really like Jennifer at the front desk. Super friendly and helpful. I also like the location [Poma Fertility]. It’s a bit busier than i was anticipating...Nurses always confuse me, give me the wrong directions, forget to call me back, etc. I really like the PA Megan though and do not feel like a number with her.... I was over-dosed and under-monitored on Estradial that caused me to have to take a three month break because it messed up my cycle so much.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
He was knowledgeable and patient but constantly couldn’t remember what I had done and would suggest medications that would cause me to overstimulate. I think he’s a good doctor but slightly rushed with me as an IUI patient.
Advocate for yourself.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
The nursing staff was constantly forgetting to call me back, confusing me with someone else, etc. The nursing manager ended up taking over my case because so many people forgot to call me back or give me the correct directions or call in my Rx and she has been great.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
I really like Jennifer at the front desk. Super friendly and helpful. I also like the location. It’s a bit busier than i was anticipating but i feel heard with Megan the PA. The music needs to change though!
Three IUIs for $1500 I believe? Ultrasound is $165 I think. They no longer offer the package of IUI and i think it’s $625
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Poma Fertility.
The nursing staff has been very scattered. I repeatedly have to remind Dr. O of my previous end responses. They have taken up to a week to call me back. They have called me with IVF scheduling information when I am an IUI patient. I was over-dosed and under-monitored on Estradial that caused me to have to take a three month break because it messed up my cycle so much. This all happened while Megan was on maternity leave.
Kirkland
Dr. Opsahl is kind, thorough, and very clear in what he thinks would be the best course of action. He can be a bit blunt but I appreciate his honestly in order to make hard decisions. He gives his opinion but also honors yours and lets you decide what is best for you and your family.... He prefers eSET but if you were in a situation where you didn't have any good quality embryos but may have 2 questionable ones he would put 2 in. Not more than 2
The clinic [Poma Fertility] has really great success rates for IVF compared to other clinics in the area. I like that they are a smaller more personal clinic. Since they are a smaller clinic they only do egg retrievals every other month.... They have been very on top of things, are quick to answer questions but only through the portal messaging. However they usually get back to you within a days time....They have been very on top of things, are quick to answer questions but only through the portal messaging.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Advocate for yourself as I think this is important in every doctor patient relationship. Dr. Opsahl wants to help you to the best of his ability but you have to tell him what you need and what you want too.
Dr. Opsahl is always open to answering any and all questions, even if you had MANY like I did. He was great at explaining everything and had a good mix of being blunt but also caring and understanding.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
The clinic has really great success rates for IVF compared to other clinics in the area. I like that they are a smaller more personal clinic. Since they are a smaller clinic they only do egg retrievals every other month.
I haven't received any bills yet
Kirkland

I think if you want someone who is going to do anything to get you pregnant, maybe he would do that, but he doesn't seem like he's just in it to make money and was always very honest about what he could and couldn't do for us. I really enjoyed working with him- I just wish he could perform miracles!...Dr. Opshal never made me feel like he was rushing is while we were meeting with him, he took time to answer every question, and gave all the details I wanted without sugar-coating anything when it was a bad outcome.
[Poma Fertility] Strengths- easy to find, nice, professional, small, personal Weaknesses- hate the giant pictures of flowers on the wall that seem to flaunt their fertilization ;) [Nurses] Never made me wait more than a few minutes. Always responded to my emails quickly. Always friendly when I saw them....Most things were covered by insurance because they billed them as diagnostic except for the advanced sperm analysis. And the Clomid cost about $30.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Go in knowing the questions you want to ask because he will be willing to keep answering as long as you keep asking!
Advanced sperm analysis because we already knew we had male infertility but he wanted to know how the sperm functioned. Blood tests and ultrasound to test female fertility. Clomid Challenge to see how my hormones would respond.
Kirkland

Fertility treatments are quite invasive, but I felt respected and as close to comfortable as was possible under those circumstances. I was very apprehensive about certain aspects of IVF, but found myself really trusting Dr. Opsahl... Dr. Opsahl recommended transferring one embryo because the success rate was higher than with multiple embryos.... I was closely monitored and had any questions answered in a timely manner every time but one
The clinic [Poma Fertility] almost always ran on time and I was seen on time at nearly every visit. I feel like I probably had more questions than an average patient there and every time but one had my questions addressed relatively quickly.... I was closely monitored and had any questions answered in a timely manner every time but one. I never felt rushed when he met with me for consults or care. He [Dr. Opsahl] was overall very personable and seemed genuinely invested in my and my husband’s succeeding.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Feel free to ask any question, no matter how inconsequential it may seem—Dr. Opsahl won’t make you feel stupid and will gladly answer.
I was closely monitored and had any questions answered in a timely manner every time but one. I never felt rushed when he met with me for consults or care. He was overall very personable and seemed genuinely invested in my and my husband’s succeeding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Poma Fertility.
Everyone was very attentive and compassionate during the process of IVF and the subsequent transfer.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
The clinic almost always ran on time and I was seen on time at nearly every visit. I feel like I probably had more questions than an average patient there and every time but one had my questions addressed relatively quickly.
Kirkland
Dr. Opsahl is honest, kind and clearly wants to see success for his patients. We have not gotten the results we want yet, but have felt like we are in great care with Poma fertility. I would highly recommend him to a friend. My one negative comment is that the clinic is quite busy and so your time to with the doctor is short and there is not always time to have all questions answered.... We used the same protocol with slight variations for each of my cycles.
The clinic [Poma Fertility] is welcoming, clean and easily accessible. The office runs on time and very rarely makes you wait. In the beginning, I did have some issues where they confused me and sent me information for another patient. That was concerning but has not happened after I alerted them.... The nursing staff was very responsive and available. They were good about answering questions and working collaboratively on the cycle calendar.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Be ready for an honest conversation about your situation and a doctor who genuinely cares.
The doctor is very respectful, honest and gives a high quality of treatment.
We used the same protocol with slight variations for each of my cycles.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
The clinic is welcoming, clean and easily accessible. The office runs on time and very rarely makes you wait. In the beginning, I did have some issues where they confused me and sent me information for another patient. That was concerning but has not happened after I alerted them.
Each cycle is roughly $11,000 out of pocket with the option to get insurance to cover failed cycles.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Good experience overall. Sometime it feels like they are way to busy, therefor overlook certain details or patient history specifics. But the doc [Dr. Michael Opsahl] is always there with a smile, remembers you and the staff is there to answer the questions well.... He did care. But our situation was different due to cervical Cancer cone biopsy problem That made this more difficult.... IUI, then egg retreval, then IVF trials.
Very easy access to the clinic [Poma Fertility] and parking. No complaints about location at all. Great location and great building and facility in general. The clinic is clean, many rooms and very organized. Sometimes there is a wait time but not too long and it seems organized over all.... Sometimes they are very busy with so many patients that I feel like they miss critical information about your specific cycle. Sometimes you have to contact them via email to get updates in order to stay on specific schedules otherwise you will miss the deadline of your IVF or any other cycle.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Good experience overall. Sometime it feels like they are way to busy, therefor overlook certain details or patient history specifics. But the doc is always there with a smile, remembers you and the staff is there to answer the questions well.
IUI, then egg retreval, then IVF trials.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
Jessi is good. But seems very busy.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Very easy access to the clinic and parking. No complaints about location at all. Great location and great building and facility in general. The clinic is clean, many rooms and very organized. Sometimes there is a wait time but not too long and it seems organized over all.
Pretty expensive overall we’ve paid out of our pocket with very basic insurance coverage that does not cover infertility around $18,000 total put ornaments pocket.
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Opsahl is very knowledgeable and blunt. I do feel that he had way too many patients for the size of the clinic. When I saw him, he was always in a rush. He wasn't very interested in experimental procedures...There has been some miscommunication of which procedures will be performed. Make sure you know what will be taking place...I pushed for all the protocols and dosages based on experience
[Prices at Poma Fertility] about $7k for stim and retrieval. $3k for embryology (getting from day 1 embryo to 5 day embryo). $3k for FET...Overall I didn't have problems with nurses, with a single exception. Shanita had made several errors (without acknowledging any wrong doing) and continuously ignored my questions which she did not have answers to...There has been some miscommunication of which procedures will be performed. Make sure you know what will be taking place. Also, drug suppliers (in US) POMA suggests do not always have best prices.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
There has been some miscommunication of which procedures will be performed. Make sure you know what will be taking place. Also, drug suppliers (in US) POMA suggests do not always have best prices. Do your homework
Struggled to get responses from nursing staff
I pushed for all the protocols and dosages based on experience. Do your homework
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
Overall I didn't have problems with nurses, with a single exception. Shanita had made several errors (without acknowledging any wrong doing) and continuously ignored my questions which she did not have answers to. In my job, I would have been fired for such behavior.
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Its got highest success rates in WA state. Having some inside knowledge - the lead embryologist is one of the best in the area
eSET was not required from me because I have failed 3 PGS screened embryo transfers already

2019, Consult
The dr [Michael Opasahl] made sure that we understood every topic that was discussed. He seemed well experienced, educated and as if he genuinely cared about our experience and outcome. He explained potential risks and what to expect.... The doctor did not rush us during our consultation. He was thorough, asked many questions about our situation.... This was a consultation only.
[POMA Fertility is] Welcoming, clean, friendly and organized. We didn’t notice any weaknesses. Parking is easy to find and free. Everyone that we spoke to was helpful and kind. Other patients in the waiting room also seemed to be pleased.... I believe IVF is around $25,000, that includes everything and gives you a guarantee. If IVF does not result in a live birth, you get to do your next round at a discounted cost
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
The dr made sure that we understood every topic that was discussed. He seemed well experienced, educated and as if he genuinely cared about our experience and outcome. He explained potential risks and what to expect.
No advice needed, you are in good hands.
This was a consultation only.
Kirkland
In the beginning we had good communication with the Dr. [Opsahl] Once Ivf started, I was to be in contact with one of the nursing staff.i had many question that didn't get answered and felt like I was just a number. When I asked questions the Dr sent me to one of the nurses to answer them....Make sure to go in with questions when meeting with the Dr and get them all answered the first time...I don't feel like I was informed with the protocol and exactly what the meds I was taking and what for.
I don't feel like I was informed with the protocol and exactly what the meds I was taking and what for. I had to pay 100 extra for meds to be shipped by a certain time because the coordinator [at Poma Fertility] wasn't on top of prescriptions. It was stressful and a little unorganized....There was one amazing MA that had the knowledge and info I needed to feel comfortable with what the protoco was. She was super informative and was the only one I felt comfortable with. The coordinator was nice but lacked empathy, organization and delivery of messages.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
In the beginning we had good communication with the Dr. Once Ivf started, I was to be in contact with one of the nursing staff.i had many question that didn't get answered and felt like I was just a number. When I asked questions the Dr sent me to one of the nurses to answer them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Poma Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Shanita)
8,000 for 8 frozen donor eggs 10,000 for Ivf . 1200. In medication
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Poma Fertility.
I don't feel like I was informed with the protocol and exactly what the meds I was taking and what for. I had to pay 100 extra for meds to be shipped by a certain time because the coordinator wasn't on top of prescriptions. It was stressful and a little unorganized.
Kirkland

Dr. Opsahl is kind and funny. He was always willing to explain or elaborate a procedure or test result if we didn't understand the reasoning behind a recommendation. He was prompt to all appointments and efficient too, an appointment rarely ran long...Personal attention from Dr Opsahl and staff...The nurses were amazing. Always kind and cautiously optimistic when you needed them to be. They kept you entertained during the wait before a retrieval and updated you with very timely test results via an online portal.
The nurses [at Poma Fertility] were amazing. Always kind and cautiously optimistic when you needed them to be. They kept you entertained during the wait before a retrieval and updated you with very timely test results via an online portal. I didn't want to leave them!...A kid free lobby for the most part. If you're short on medication you can borrow and replace the clinic's supply....Dr. Opsahl is kind and funny. He was always willing to explain or elaborate a procedure or test result if we didn't understand the reasoning behind a recommendation.
Personal attention from Dr Opsahl and staff
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Poma Fertility.
The nurses were amazing. Always kind and cautiously optimistic when you needed them to be. They kept you entertained during the wait before a retrieval and updated you with very timely test results via an online portal. I didn't want to leave them!
Describe your experience with Poma Fertility.
Dr Opsahl strongly encouraged an eSET. When we transferred two embryos for our failed cycle, he explained why that was the best course of action.
2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Opsahl was great. I felt well informed and taken care of at every appointment. He listened to my concerns and made adjustments to my treatment when ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome became a potential issue...Dr. Opsahl was warm and friendly, and always willing to answer any questions I had...
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Definitely make an appointment for an initial consultation!
2013 - 2019, Successful
I had a lot of medical anxiety as i lost my right ovary to a torsion 9 years before I froze my eggs...I traveled from California to get treatment [with Dr. Opsahl] and would do it again and I next month for my embryo transfer...genuinely cares and is there for you throughout the whole process...I took fertility meds for stimulation to go through egg retrieval, 5 years later i started on meds to prepare my uterus for embryo transfer...
Constant email communication, [nurses at POMA Fertility] picked up my phone calls and called me back...You are not a number you are a person they care about you and how you do throughout the whole process they are there with you the whole way i traveled from NY and CA to get treatment that says it all.. i wouldn’t have it any other way. I didn’t want to be just a number...The staff was warm and very supportive. This clinic is incredible.
How was your experience with Michael Opsahl at Poma Fertility?
Everyone was incredible. I had a lot of medical anxiety as i lost my right ovary to a torsion 9 years before I froze my eggs. They were fabulous. I traveled from California to get treatment and would do it again and I next month for my embryo transfer.
Be ready for a dr that genuinely cares and is there for you throughout the whole process.
I felt Dr Opsahl really took interest in me as a person and not just a number. The staff was warm and very supportive. This clinic is incredible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Poma Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Linda )
Constant email communication, picked up my phone calls and called me back.
Very affordable
I trust this clinics decision on what is best.