Genetic counseling: Offered
Winston-Salem
3333 Brookview Hills Blvd
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
336-841-7070
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Premier Fertility Centers to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.5

2020
I feel like he [Dr. Bruce Lessey] really does care about his patients and about trying to get them pregnant...did my first IUI and was the authorizing doctor over the second one, though he wasn’t in the room when it was done. As we walked in, he pulled us to the side and sat down and talked with us. My husband’s sperm counts were very low, and he asked us several questions, gave us the numbers of what to expect, and went into great detail about the procedure. He was to the point and blunt, but also offered insight about what to expect. I think that preparing us for the outcome was actually really a good thing. He didn’t give us false hope, and he wanted us to be informed. He talked with us after the IUI about where we were from and things about our hometown. He is somewhat on the cocky side (for lack of a better term). However, it doesn’t take away from his care. I trust that he knows what he is doing. I feel confident to move forward with IVF in his care.
they only do eSET at this clinic [Premier Fertility Centers]...The rooms are big, they offer a lot of hospitality (pads, tampons, cleaning wipes in each room.) They cater to your privacy. The front staff is always very nice. They have coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby. You feel welcome. I’ve not really ran into any problems with them. The Covid-19 crisis has delayed my treatments, but they informed me, made telephone appointments so that our treatments aren’t slowed down any further. Offering an online classes for treatments. I really appreciate their adaptive measures.
2020
How was your experience with Bruce Lessey at Premier Fertility Centers?
Dr. Lessey did my first IUI and was the authorizing doctor over the second one, though he wasn’t in the room when it was done. As we walked in, he pulled us to the side and sat down and talked with us. My husband’s sperm counts were very low, and he asked us several questions, gave us the numbers of what to expect, and went into great detail about the procedure. He was to the point and blunt, but also offered insight about what to expect. I think that preparing us for the outcome was actually really a good thing. He didn’t give us false hope, and he wanted us to be informed. He talked with us after the IUI about where we were from and things about our hometown. He is somewhat on the cocky side (for lack of a better term). However, it doesn’t take away from his care. I trust that he knows what he is doing. I feel confident to move forward with IVF in his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Lessey at Premier Fertility Centers?
Listen to the information he gives you, and also don’t be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Lessey at Premier Fertility Centers?
I feel like he really does care about his patients and about trying to get them pregnant. He’s kind of on the cocky side, but I take it as his personality. I don’t feel like he feels like he’s better than you. He likes to see good results. He is a little hard to take sometimes, but I didn’t get from him that he looked down on us in any way.
Describe the protocols Bruce Lessey used in your cycles at Premier Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
For both of my IUIs, I was prescribed Letrozole 5mg (2.5mg twice a day) taken days 2-6 of my cycle and a trigger shot, Ovidrel taken around the 14th day. I had to go in for bloodwork and ultrasounds between days 8-10 to see if I had any follicles maturing. They like them to be around 18mm before you take your trigger shot. They also checked my bloodwork at virtually every appointment. They are very thorough. They contact you through the portal and by phone calls to inform you of when to take your shot and specific directions about what to do after the IUI.
They are very informative, and they answer all of your questions very quickly. I message them frequently through the portal and they are quick to get back with me. They showed compassion when I let them know that the IUIs had failed. They want to you to get pregnant. A lot of them have the same issues as the patients, dealing with PCOS and infertility, so they relate to you and are very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Premier Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very clean and basically brand new. I’ve not had to wait very long at any appointment before being seen. The rooms are big, they offer a lot of hospitality (pads, tampons, cleaning wipes in each room.) They cater to your privacy. The front staff is always very nice. They have coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby. You feel welcome. I’ve not really ran into any problems with them. The Covid-19 crisis has delayed my treatments, but they informed me, made telephone appointments so that our treatments aren’t slowed down any further. Offering an online classes for treatments. I really appreciate their adaptive measures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Lessey at Premier Fertility Centers.
So far, we have had to pay $267 per IUI because my husband’s insurance covers his half of it. However, with the upcoming IVF, we were counseled over finances that are coming up. But we have not been given a definitive yet. I’ve paid around $700 so far for two IUIs after insurance.
Describe Bruce Lessey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Premier Fertility Centers.
I asked in my consult for IVF, and they only do eSET at this clinic. I would like to do multiple, but Dr. Lessey explained that if you transfer two at a time and lost that pregnancy, you’ve lost two embryos, not just one. I understand the reasoning behind it. I wouldn’t be against doing two at a time.
Bruce Lessey
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Lessey at Premier Fertility Centers.

[Protocol with Dr. Nichols] Hormone injections to stimulate ovulation IUI -spoke of this but declined IVF - starting treatment now...Made sure we understand the plan and answered our questions...Seems very knowledgeable and easy to speak with. We feel comfortable with him handling our care. Speaks in a way that is easy to understand and wants us to know the plan in place. Would recommend to anyone needing these types of services.
Had some issues with insurance billing but they [Premier Fertility Center] handled it quickly and to our satisfaction. The staff are good about communicating appointments and needs for each appointment. We have been impressed by the office...[nurses were] Good, caring, compassionate...$12500 for IVF...[Protocol with Dr. Nichols] Hormone injections to stimulate ovulation IUI -spoke of this but declined IVF - starting treatment now
How was your experience with John Nichols at Premier Fertility Centers?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Nichols at Premier Fertility Centers?
Ask any questions that you may have and he will answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Nichols at Premier Fertility Centers?
Made sure we understand the plan and answered our questions
Describe the protocols John Nichols used in your cycles at Premier Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
Good, caring, compassionate
Describe your experience with Premier Fertility Centers.
Had some issues with insurance billing but they handled it quickly and to our satisfaction. The staff are good about communicating appointments and needs for each appointment. We have been impressed by the office
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Nichols at Premier Fertility Centers.
Copays with insurance and tests. $60 copay for visits, $220 for genetic testing, $12500 for IVF
Describe John Nichols's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Premier Fertility Centers.
John Nichols
Winston-Salem
2012 - 2016
He [Dr Jeffrey Deaton] was great and thorough during the consultation. Because my treatment was minimal, the consultation was the only time I really had to see him...Come prepared with all the questions you may have and don't be afraid to call because they are willing to answer any of your treatment/insurance questions.
[Premier Fertility Centers is a] small clinic with great communication and they are very friendly!...Paula is wonderful! She makes you feel so comfortable and at ease, and she'll call you the same day if you have a question.
2012 - 2016
How was your experience with Jeffrey Deaton at Premier Fertility Centers?
He was great and thorough during the consultation. Because my treatment was minimal, the consultation was the only time I really had to see him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Deaton at Premier Fertility Centers?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Deaton at Premier Fertility Centers?
Dr. Deaton does a great job explaining all of the options and letting you decide which one is best for you. He cares more about how comfortable you are with a treatment than about how his success rates stack up to other doctors.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Deaton used in your cycles at Premier Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
1.) 2 monitored femara cycles with ultrasound and trigger shot - resulted in 6 week miscarriage 2.) 2 monitored femara cycles with ultrasound and trigger shot - resulted in pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Premier Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Paula)
Describe your experience with Premier Fertility Centers.
Small clinic with great communication and they are very friendly!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Deaton at Premier Fertility Centers.
Insurance covered it! :)

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Deaton was compassionate and I felt as though he cared about my journey through infertility. He made no promises, but I knew regardless of the outcome that I was in good hands with him... Voice any concerns you have because he will take you seriously and explain things fully.
Everyone on the team [at Premier Fertility Center] knew me- personally- from the receptionist to the lab staff to the doctors and nurses. It was a small operation that was personal from the start... [Nurse] Paula was always empathetic and encouraging.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Jeffrey Deaton at Premier Fertility Centers?
Everyone on the team knew me- personally- from the receptionist to the lab staff to the doctors and nurses. It was a small operation that was personal from the start.
Paula was always empathetic and encouraging.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
[Dr. Deaton] was wonderful. We could not have asked for a more compassionate MD.
They [Premier Fertility Center staff] called me back the same day and they were kind.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Jeffrey Deaton at Premier Fertility Centers?
He was wonderful. We could not have asked for a more compassionate MD.
He was concerned and honestly tried his hardest for us.
They called me back the same day and they were kind.