Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots is not offered: Not OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
300 Medical Parkway
Chesapeake, VA 23320
757-405-7821
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia to a friend?
1 doctor
IVF, Donor Sperm
Communication is great with the clinic [Procreate Fertility Center of VA]. We primarily utilize the patient care portal to communicate between appointments and for the most part someone responds within 24 hours, even on the weekends. Communication is great too when it comes to billing. My insurance doesn’t cover very much on the testing due to me not meeting my deductible yet and they always make sure to call before the appointment so we don’t have any issues at the appointment with payment.
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
Communication is great with the clinic. We primarily utilize the patient care portal to communicate between appointments and for the most part someone responds within 24 hours, even on the weekends. Communication is great too when it comes to billing. My insurance doesn’t cover very much on the testing due to me not meeting my deductible yet and they always make sure to call before the appointment so we don’t have any issues at the appointment with payment. It takes a little bit of the stress out. As far as weaknesses, I’m not sure if it was my inability to listen/remember, but I didn’t know that they were going to call in the RX for the birth control the day of our last appointment. I thought I had to call the day of my period and they would call it in that day. It would have saved a little stress and worry if I had clarified this prior to leaving the office that day. However I think this is my weakness as much as theirs. If you don’t fully know something, make sure you clarify to be sure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
Every time my wife and I go to the office they treat us as if we are their family. We started this process in August to go through all our testing and every time we have been to the office since then they remember details about us that we wouldn’t have expected them to remember. Dr. Perez is very patient and understanding in making sure you completely understand the process. And Katherine Duey (a Nurse Practicianer at Procreate) remembers even the tiniest of details from previous conversations. They truly do seem invested in our progress like they are our own little cheering squad!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Katherine Duey)
Katherine is simply amazing. She remembers just about every conversation we have ever had and is very helpful with even the “silly” questions with great compassion. She is very good at putting you at ease even in the most uncomfortable situations (definitely taking about the ultrasound wand while looking at a polyp—which sounds terrifying, but isn’t).
How was your experience with Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
Dr. Perez has an acccent so initially I was nervous that there would be things I wouldn’t understand about the process due to misunderstandings due to language, however, after our consultation with him those worries were put to bed because he makes sure you are understanding the process step by step. He also utilizes pictures (both on the computer and hand drawn) to make sure everyone is on the same page. I really appreciate the patience he has as my wife and I had a million questions about the procedure. He laid out our options and explained everything to us about IUI, IVF, and Reciprocal IVF. We selected reciprocal IVF using my wife’s eggs and my uterus and we are planning on doing the November cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask. He will answer them no matter how “silly” you think they may be. He also likes to jump right in the testing process. We went to the consultation and the very same day I had my ultrasound and blood work.
Describe the protocols Christian Perez used in your cycles at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia and their degree of success.
We have completed the testing phase of the process and we are about to enter the protocol phase. We are currently waiting on my wife to start her period so she can begin the birth control. Once we report her period to the office, they will give us the rest of the information about when we need to do what. As far as vitamins so far, they have me taking Ovasitol (2x a day), 4000 mg of vitamin D, prenatal vitamin, and birth control. My wife is taking Ovasitol (once a day), CoQ10 ( I don’t remember the mg).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christian Perez at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
Our initial consultation with Dr. Perez was free due to winning a drawing from a pride festival in our area. For my wife’s testing, it was $50/appointment due to her insurance covering the fertility testing minus the “specialist” copay. My insurance covered very little due to me not meeting my deductible so my fees were as follows: Ultrasound: $140 HSG: $329.29 Sono: $352.69 I’m not sure about how much the blood work costs due to lab corp citing the reasoning for the blood work incorrectly so my insurance declined it. I am currently in the process of trying to get this resolved
Describe Christian Perez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
From the conversations we have had with Dr. Perez, he as left it up to us as to how many embryos we will transfer. It is our plan to transfer 2 embreyos, which is basically what we told him at our consultation.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Their Strengths are their genuine advise and demeanor, their personalbility, they [Procreate Fertility] are always helpful when I am confused of have a million questions and understanding of what the patients are going through and the stress they are dealing with. Weaknesses - I wish I had my baby by now. I hate being told I am “an easy case,” but going into our 3rd cycle.... I LOVE the nursing staff; however, at times it feels like they do not have enough nursing staff to support
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
Their Strengths are their genuine advise and demeanor, their personalbility, they are always helpful when I am confused of have a million questions and understanding of what the patients are going through and the stress they are dealing with. Weaknesses - I wish I had my baby by now. I hate being told I am “an easy case,” but going into our 3rd cycle.
They have invested in my personal life & check up via text messages/emails. I believe they geneuinely are routing for me.
I LOVE the nursing staff; however, at times it feels like they do not have enough nursing staff to support the large amount of patients. Also, the nurse that draws blood is not pleasant.
What specific things went wrong at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
He thoroughly explains all angles every time. In addition, he isn’t taking failure as an option. He is always willing to work with us and help us get the cycle done. Dr. Perez is genuinely rooting for us and has helped diagnose many issues in my fertility journey.
Ask questions and don’t leave until you understand fully. Ask to take home the pictures he draws.
First cycle - menopur, gonal F, estrogen and trigger shot. Take COQ10, metformin (for PCOS), thyroid medication, baby aspirin and prenatal vitamins. Invocell capsule used and 8 embryos went into arrest and did not make it to “day5 embryos.” Second cycle - same regimine. Freeze all delayed FET transfer. 3 embryos and 2 FETs.
Invocell - appeoximately $10k Ivf - approximately $14k
IVF, Donor Sperm
Occasionally, when information is passed to the office staff [Procreate Fertility Ctr] to communicate, it gets a bit confused or hard to understand. However, they’re very responsive and great at quickly providing clarification. The office is clean and welcoming.... We have gotten some information where signals were crossed. It was quickly cleared up, though.... Kat is phenomenal. She is kind, patient and personable. She puts special emphasis on comfort during tests and procedures.
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
Occasionally, when information is passed to the office staff to communicate, it gets a bit confused or hard to understand. However, they’re very responsive and great at quickly providing clarification. The office is clean and welcoming.
At Procreate, they know their patients. They remember our names on sight and many details that we share with them. It’s a very comfortable, personal experience.
Kat is phenomenal. She is kind, patient and personable. She puts special emphasis on comfort during tests and procedures. She is a available for questions and is easy to reach. The full staff of nurses are wonderful.
What specific things went wrong at Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia?
Dr. Perez is very knowledgeable and great at transferring that knowledge in a way that is easy to follow and understand. He is incredibly patient and genuine. He showed many pictures and made drawings and diagrams to explain the procedures to us. He provides his email address and phone number so we can reach out if we have questions. He is very positive and optimistic, and has made the process very enjoyable.
Bring a notebook and take notes. You will get a lot of information to digest.
We are awaiting our exact protocol for retrieval and transfer in November.
RIVF is just over $12,000 including transfer.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
His new clinic Procreate is very friendly. It is a smaller space but he is trying to expand. His NP is amazing and all of his staff is helpful... They [the nursing staff at Procreate] were all friendly and helpful... Dr. Perez gave me his cell phone to communicate with him after hours if needed. He called on weekends when I had emergencies to check on me. He let me watch everything he was doing and showed me while telling me what was going on
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Procreate Fertility Center of Virginia.
When he was at the Bew Hope Center the staff was good but had some errors. His new clinic Procreate is very friendly. It is a smaller space but he is trying to expand. His NP is amazing and all of his staff is helpful
Dr. Perez remembers everything about me and my husband. He is so warm and seems to genuinely care.
They were all friendly and helpful
Dr. Perez gave me his cell phone to communicate with him after hours if needed. He called on weekends when I had emergencies to check on me. He let me watch everything he was doing and showed me while telling me what was going on.
He has an accent that you need to get used to but he is there for you and will make your experience as easy as possible.