Genetic counseling: Offered
Sandy Springs
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RBA to a friend?

2018 - 2020
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Robert Straub] was warm, funny, yet serious when needed to be. He was very honest about our options and told us at each step of the way what to expect....I felt taken care of each step of the way. All of my questioned were answered...We used a traditional IVF with ICSI. My protocol included Gonal F and Ganirelix. We had a very successful cycle resulting in 19 eggs and in the end we ended up with 7 healthy embryos...I was prepared to travel from Atlanta to NYC back to my regular doctor until I met Dr. Straub.
The nursing team [at RBA] was just as informed as Dr. Straub's team. They were pleasant and always available...We paid for about $15,000 up front because our insurance did not cover anything and then another $3500 in medications...Strengths-knowledgeable, friendly, and warm. Evidence based and have gotten proven results. Weaknesses- they sometimes had a bit of a wait in the waiting room area. RBA is convenient because they have locations all across Atlanta which made it easy for to me pick the best location. During my time at RBAI was introduced to three different doctor who did performed a variety treatments on me. All doctors were knowledgeable.
2018 - 2020
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I was very pleased with Dr. Straub and the nursing team at RBA. I felt taken care of each step of the way. All of my questioned were answered and they were always available. I was very nervous and unaware of what to expect and they went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at RBA?
It's okay to not know. Go in and have your questions ready to be answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub was personally referred to me by my previous doctor in NYC (Dr. Kligman). I was prepared to travel from Atlanta to NYC back to my regular doctor until I met Dr. Straub. He was warm, funny, yet serious when needed to be. He was very honest about our options and told us at each step of the way what to expect.
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
The nursing team was just as informed as Dr. Straub's team. They were pleasant and always available.

2017 - 2019
1 IUI, IVF
Dr. Straub is very professional and straight to the point with keeping the facts at the forefront of the conversation, but he also does a great job of bringing light and humor to the situation. ... He was very informative and was clear on the plan. I had surgery to remove a polyp in my uterus and he did a great job. He does a great job of comforting during this emotional time. ... He recommended single embryo transfer with PSG testing
Strength would be the kindness of the staff [RBA Cumming] and they make sure you get prompt responses. Weakness would be information regarding the financial aspect, which was overwhelming. Though there is not a straight path to follow, I was a little taken back at the fact that everything had to be paid up front before starting. ... $14,100 for monitoring, transfer and PSG testing. This does NOT include $5700 that was paid twice due to one cancelled round.
2017 - 2019
1 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He was very straight to the point and helped us make the most realistic decision that would best fit what we were wanting to achieve. He was very informative and was clear on the plan. I had surgery to remove a polyp in my uterus and he did a great job. He does a great job of comforting during this emotional time.
Bring a note pad to write info discussed down because he tends to talk fast.
We first tried IUI which I started on 100mg of clomid daily and triggered with HCG on day 12 and underwent IUI 36 hours later. After the failed attempt, we embarked on our IVF journey. We started on a high dose of Gonal-F for my age due to my AMH being low. I started with 300units twice daily. On day 7 it was determined my ovaries were not responding and we cancelled egg retrieval. So the next protocol is called a "flare" protocol and Ill will be the max dose of Gonal -F 600units twice daily with Lupron. Have not started yet, if this doesnt work we will try max dose of other protocols
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Amy Zimmerman)
Jennifer Cunningham and Amy Zimmerman are the two nurses assigned to me. They were very informative and communicated with me via email
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strength would be the kindness of the staff and they make sure you get prompt responses. Weakness would be information regarding the financial aspect, which was overwhelming. Though there is not a straight path to follow, I was a little taken back at the fact that everything had to be paid up front before starting. Once starting, we had a cancelled retrieval and now we are on a waiting period for 2 more weeks with $14,000 sitting in their account.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
He recommended single embryo transfer with PSG testing

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Straub at RBA.

Dr. Straub is a very “cut-to-the-chase” type of guy. He can come off very “dry” at first. But he explains the information well and thoroughly. We are still waiting to see the results of our first treatment with him. But he and his practice seem to pay detailed attention to our care. ... My husband also liked him for his straight forward and knowledgeable personality.
The clinic [RBA - Cumming] could use some more pep in their front of house crew’s attitude. We have never been super impressed with how we are greeted or spoken to when we arrive or when we call. The clinic does have things going for it like cleanliness, multiple locations, lab on site, spacious, etc. ... $1200 self pay for an IUI cycle. $250 for consultation.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is very knowledgeable and explains treatment thoroughly, but can come off as dry. I can’t say I imagine him to have the best bedside manner, but I would say he’s trustworthy and takes his patient’s care seriously.
Don’t take it personally when you first meet him and he doesn’t seem thrilled to see you. Be patient and you’ll see that he draws out your entire care plan and explains your history to you. You’ll appreciate his knowledge and personality in the end.
Dr. Straub is a very “cut-to-the-chase” type of guy. He can come off very “dry” at first. But he explains the information well and thoroughly. We are still waiting to see the results of our first treatment with him. But he and his practice seem to pay detailed attention to our care. So far, Dr. Straub has done nothing to rub us the wrong way. My husband also liked him for his straight forward and knowledgeable personality.
I had already been prescribed clomid and letrozole at my OB. But I had not yet done an HSG. And my OB didn’t think I needed metformin. The first thing Dr. Straub did was order the metformin 1500mg and HSG. It was clear. I took the metformin for a month and a half before we started a new cycle with a doubled dose of letrozole (5MG) and an IUI. We are waiting to see the results. But the actual IUI procedure was done by another doctor in the practice who was fantastic. Great experience. We feel heard and we feel this was the appropriate protocol for the moment.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic could use some more pep in their front of house crew’s attitude. We have never been super impressed with how we are greeted or spoken to when we arrive or when we call. The clinic does have things going for it like cleanliness, multiple locations, lab on site, spacious, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
$1200 self pay for an IUI cycle. $250 for consultation.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
When I see Dr. Straub I have his undivided attention. He has my chart and is not distracted...While I did a ton of research prior to seeing Dr. Straub, my husband did not and he felt Dr. Straub did a good job of explaining our issues, potential courses of treatment, why he recommends IVF, and how it would work. Dr. Straub is visual and lays it all out on paper for you. When he feels like the conversation gets de-railed, he brought it back. I'm a structure person and he seems to be as well so that works out.
RBA's nurses are great. While they move quickly, they are very nice and will answer any questions. I feel very comfortable with the nurses...Kim in Cumming is excellent. She's totally on top of it if there's an opportunity to see Dr. Straub more quickly. The team does everything they can to not code your chart as infertility so you can use as much insurance as you can, but just double check because Dr. Straub said this then coded an appointment as IVF instead of PCOS or endometriosis which meant it wasn't covered by my insurance. Best to always double check.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
After 18 months with my OB including PCOS, 5 negative cycles with Femara, and a laparoscopy to remove severe endometriosis, I finally saw Dr. Straub. He was no nonsense which I appreciated. He outlined why IUIs would not work for us and we're on the same page to move forward with IVF. I thought it was great that he recognized we should pursue frozen transfers. I've felt comfortable asking direct questions and getting a clear answer. While I did a ton of research prior to seeing Dr. Straub, my husband did not and he felt Dr. Straub did a good job of explaining our issues, potential courses of treatment, why he recommends IVF, and how it would work. Dr. Straub is visual and lays it all out on paper for you. When he feels like the conversation gets de-railed, he brought it back. I'm a structure person and he seems to be as well so that works out.
Know your health history. Ask direct questions. While the process can be very emotional, go in to appointments with the goal of answers and plans.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Dr. Straub was very clear to recommend a single embryo transfer for my age and first IVF cycle.

2009 - 2015
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Robert Straub] takes time to really make sure you understand everything he is going over. He has a habit of drawing pictures to help demonstrate exactly what he is talking about. When I experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy he gave me his personal cell phone number and fought with the ER staff on my behalf to make sure I had the best possible care and in order to have me transferred to a hospital that he worked with.
RBA is an amazing clinic. They are great at responding to questions and getting things moving once you're ready to start a cycle. I received the best care from all the staff there. I've since moved away from the Atlanta area but I will travel back there when we are ready to conceive again.... The nursing staff that works with Dr. Straub is amazing! They even took time to call me a few weeks after my ruptured ectopic pregnancy just to check on me and see if I was doing okay.
2009 - 2015
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I have a long history with Dr. Straub and from the very beginning I have had an amazing experience with him. He takes time to really make sure you understand everything he is going over. He has a habit of drawing pictures to help demonstrate exactly what he is talking about. When I experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy he gave me his personal cell phone number and fought with the ER staff on my behalf to make sure I had the best possible care and in order to have me transferred to a hospital that he worked with. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Straub.
Bring your questions. He has no trouble answering them, no matter how crazy they might be. He actually asked me one time what other crazy wives tales are going around in the infertility community.
Dr Straub has amazing bedside manner. I always felt as if I were his number 1 priority when I was seeing him. He never treated me like I was just a number or just a paycheck, he really cared about me and about the outcome of our treatment.
I do not remember all the specifics in protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Shelly, then Amy)
Describe your experience with RBA.
As a young, otherwise healthy woman, Dr. Straub was conservative with the amount of embryos he wanted to transfer. He always suggested one but allowed my husband and I to make the final decision on whether or not we wanted to transfer 1 or 2. Both of my kids were conceived from a single embryo transfer.
PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Straub is direct and open about his plans for you...He was warm but to the point. He didn’t waste my time or my money...I didn’t see Dr Straub as much as I saw his nurse and nurse practitioner...He believes I doing all baseline testing then coming up with a personalized plan. We started with clomid as I have PCOS. We did 2 cycles of monitored clomid, I had an ectopic then we moved on to femara. I am currently pregnant from my femara cycle.
There has been turnover [at RBA- Cumming]] since I became pregnant. While I was there I saw his nurse practitioner mostly and she was wonderful...Around $1000 per clomid/femara cycle including a trigger shot...Great communication, great office staff- very sensitive...They have plenty of cost effective options to try. The clinic experienced turn over in my last cycle so that was upsetting but the communication was still there...
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I didn’t see Dr Straub as much as I saw his nurse and nurse practitioner. The office always answered my calls and called me back in a timely manner. I did experience an ectopic pregnancy while under his care and his office was very sensitive about the situation. I loved the ultrasound tech, she always made me feel relaxed.
Do not hesitate to make an appointment and get started. Wish I had started sooner. 2/3 cycles ended up with a positive pregnancy test.
He was warm but to the point. He didn’t waste my time or my money.
There has been turnover since I became pregnant. While I was there I saw his nurse practitioner mostly and she was wonderful.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Great communication, great office staff- very sensitive. Dr Straub is direct and open about his plans for you. They have plenty of cost effective options to try. The clinic experienced turn over in my last cycle so that was upsetting but the communication was still there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Around $1000 per clomid/femara cycle including a trigger shot.

4 IUI, Donor Eggs
He [Dr. Straub] seemed to care about our struggles and answered all questions honestly... He was very direct and explained every option and the rates at which each option would work. He gave us 3 different options and told us which one would work best if we wanted to conceive. He advised us to see a counselor as well to make sure we were on the correct path.... If you want a doctor who is blunt ans direct and will not sugar coat anything he is the guy.
The clinic [RBA - Cumming] is very organized which is a great quality and that helps make this less stressful for the patient. I liked how they give you a folder and tell you what you and your spouse must do to move on to treatment. They answer your emails promptly.... They were very caring and explained all testing and treatments and gave us a checklist that needed to be completed before moving on to IVF.... Our estimate is around $25,000-$30,000
4 IUI, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He seemed to care about our struggles and answered all questions honestly and he is very direct.
We have not started IVF with donar eggs yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Cunningham)
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is very organized which is a great quality and that helps make this less stressful for the patient. I liked how they give you a folder and tell you what you and your spouse must do to move on to treatment. They answer your emails promptly.
Our estimate is around $25,000-$30,000
IVF, Donor Eggs
As a patient I felt comfortable talking with him [Dr. Robert Straub] about everything, he was very knowledgeable and didn't try to make us spend unnecessary money. He's very up front and honest about everything. Great bedside manner...He was very honest with us about everything including how this may not work the 1st time...Nursing staff [at RBA] was amazing and knowledgeable
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
As a patient I felt comfortable talking with him about everything, he was very knowledgeable and didn't try to make us spend unnecessary money. He's very up front and honest about everything. Great bedside manner.
Be honest about health history
It was an insane amount of medications, and shots,lupron, baby aspirin, estrogen, progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen )
Nursing staff was amazing and knowledgeable
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic was very clean and organized
It was somewhere around 4thousand
He thought I was young enough to just transfer one and he was right

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Toledo has been great to work with so far. I was so sad my original doctor left the office but he picked up right where she left off and it means alot . He was very direct but still warm with some very hard conversations... I was dealing with a number of issues ‘male fertility, low egg reserve , uterine fiboriids, blocked fallapian tubes and a uterine polyp. I used lupon and gonal for 14 days and then did an egg retervial . We were able to get 9 eggs. I had 5 embryos , two survived and I opted to do genetic testing. We ended up with one healthy embryo and I am waiting to do a polyp removal then transfer
They [the staff at RBA-Cumming] are very experenced and kind . its busy but they get to everyone . I had tons of questions and the made it a point to email or call back very quickly ! I am a little concerned as to why a few of the doctors left but I guess... The staff was so warm and Dr Toledo was kind... I was dealing with a number of issues ‘male fertility, low egg reserve , uterine fiboriids, blocked fallapian tubes and a uterine polyp. I used lupon and gonal for 14 days and then did an egg retervial . We were able to get 9 eggs. I had 5 embryos , two survived and I opted to do genetic testing. We ended up with one healthy embryo and I am waiting to do a polyp removal then transfer
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
You are in good hands
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
The staff was so warm and Dr Toledo was kind
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with RBA.
They are very experenced and kind . its busy but they get to everyone . I had tons of questions and the made it a point to email or call back very quickly ! I am a little concerned as to why a few of the doctors left but I guess
Andrew Toledo
Cumming
Dr. Straub never made us feel rushed or that any questions were ridiculous or not important. He took the time to explain the process while not overwhelming us with details. He always answered all our questions. He didn't make us feel like we were just another case he was reading from a file. ... We attempted 2 rounds of IUI prior to IVF. IUI was a long shot due to a blocked tube.
The strength of the clinic [RBA] is getting back to patients in a timely manner and not having a long waiting period to get the process started like many clinics do. The weakness of the clinic is the response from the on call after hours phone service. ... They [nurses] were very supportive and available while going through IUI and IVF. Even when an appointment did not have a nursing consultation if I had any questions they were always available to help and did not make any questions seem rushed, unimportant or a waste of their time.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub's strengths are in the way he explains the processes and makes you feel comfortable to ask questions. I never felt rushed through the process and my questions were always answered. One of the weaknesses I believe is the sheet that is filled out when he is explaining the process. He draws out the chart while explaining the process. This all makes sense in the visit however I think there should be a form with some info printed and then he could draw the process for the situation. I understand everyone's situation is different and a template can feel a little impersonal however after the visit the writing is hard to read and it is hard to review the sheet later.
If you are from Fayetteville or the surrounding area be prepared to travel. Many of the appointments will have to be at the main office in Sandy Springs. He is only at the Fayetteville office twice a month and they do not do ultrasound or blood work.
We attempted 2 rounds of IUI prior to IVF. IUI was a long shot due to a blocked tube. For the process I did clomid, vaginal estrogen and a trigger shot. Neither attempt worked. IVF- blood work and ultrasound on day 2 of cycle. Started taking 225 iu/ml gonal F. Ultrasound and blood work on day 6 of cycle. Continuing with gonal F and started Ganirelix. Completed the gonal F day 11. Completed ganarelix day 12 and took Lupron trigger shot night of day 12. Egg retrieval day 14. 16 eggs retrieved, 9 were mature, 8 were able to fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst. Waiting on PGS results to see how many are normal and to do FET.
The nursing staff has always been available to answer questions and to help go through the process. They were very supportive and available while going through IUI and IVF. Even when an appointment did not have a nursing consultation if I had any questions they were always available to help and did not make any questions seem rushed, unimportant or a waste of their time. The nurses returned phone calls quickly and always responded to encrypted emails promptly.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The strength of the clinic is getting back to patients in a timely manner and not having a long waiting period to get the process started like many clinics do. The weakness of the clinic is the response from the on call after hours phone service. Although the phone service is contracted the people taking the messages should understand the need of the facility they are taking the message for, the answering service was occasionally insensitive and rude.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Approximately 1200 for each IUI IVF- process 14,100 includes all blood work and ultrasound and retrieval Medication for IVF- 2700 PGS-550 Unlimited FET until a viable pregnancy- 7000$
We have not had the consult for this yet.

2016 - 2019
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I liked him [Dr. Robert Straub]. He was very straight forward, very smart, answers all questions... 1. We did fresh transfer with ICIS. I was young and my fertility issue is a tube blockage and my husband had a vasectomy reversal so his sperm was an issue as well. It worked the 1st time, our baby is 2.5 years old 2. went in to use one of our frozen tested (PCG and PDG) embryos) did a typical transfer (BC, Estrogen, PIO). 1st beta was 20. 2nd beta was 6. 3. Currently in cycle. This cycle we did Lupron and a scratch biopsy.
I hate the location of the main office [of RBA]. It is far from Fayetteville where Dr Straub sees people for consults. Youhave to get all your test done there and it is a drive. The facility itself is very clean and nice.... RBA gives a military discount. Our Fresh cycle was about 8K and our 2 frozen were 2K a piece. We had genetic testing that was 1000 to take the sample..... I like Amy. She always response to emails usually same day. I never had an issue getting questions answered. She did tell me about my 2nd cycle not resulting in a pregnancy, she was straight forward.... but I am sure that news is hard to give.
2016 - 2019
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I really liked him. I saw him about 6 times, either for consults, plan of action, scratch biopsy and he called when I was pregnant the 1st time. I felt like he was very smart a knew what he was doing .
ask questions. He always ask if you have any questions and it's your own fault if you don't ask them. He is willing to answer anything, even multiple times.
I liked him. He was very straight forward, very smart, answers all questions
Describe your experience with RBA.
I hate the location of the main office. It is far from Fayetteville where Dr Straub sees people for consults. Youhave to get all your test done there and it is a drive. The facility itself is very clean and nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
I asked on our 1st consult if we could do 2 embryos and was told no. I was also 26 and it was my first cycle. I understood why he said no, the risk associated with multiple is high.

2020
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Slayden] met with me and my husband and gave us the time and energy to understand everything...He is a clear communicator, although I am in medicine, and his nurse told me that many people don't understand him, so she went through everything again. There were a couple of comments that were difficult to hear, particularly an analogy of my eggs having rusty rails, but I like that it kicked my partner into gear to say that. His clinic staff have followed up with me comprehensively, even during the coronavirus outbreak. I also liked that he didn't try to mess around with IUI and got right to IVF since I had recurrent pregnancy loss.
clinic staff [at RBA] have followed up with me comprehensively, even during the coronavirus outbreak...[nurses are] Very compassionate, upbeat and comprehensive. Great communication...They also offer a guaranteed baby program starting at $19K, but given my age (37), my estimate, before review by the board, was around $29K...It's a lovely office in a nice building. There were no other patients there before or during our visit (to the best of my knowledge), which was really nice. They practiced excellent sanitary and confidentiality procedures. I was expecting them to draw blood during my first visit, but instead they sent me to Quest. Not a big deal, but it's good to know that they didn't do any diagnostics during the first visit.
2020
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
I only met with him once. His clinic and staff are great. He is a clear communicator, although I am in medicine, and his nurse told me that many people don't understand him, so she went through everything again. There were a couple of comments that were difficult to hear, particularly an analogy of my eggs having rusty rails, but I like that it kicked my partner into gear to say that. His clinic staff have followed up with me comprehensively, even during the coronavirus outbreak. I also liked that he didn't try to mess around with IUI and got right to IVF since I had recurrent pregnancy loss.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
Bring your partner with you to the appointment, especially if they are on the fence about fertility treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Slayden at RBA?
He met with me and my husband and gave us the time and energy to understand everything.
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I haven't gone through a cycle yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
Very compassionate, upbeat and comprehensive. Great communication.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
$18,000 plus medications ($4000-$7000). They also offer a guaranteed baby program starting at $19K, but given my age (37), my estimate, before review by the board, was around $29K.
Lawrenceville

I love dr slayden, he was not just my dr, he was my friend. He knows his stuff and is very educated and experienced. He properly diagnosed me from the beginning. If we had some bumps in the road, which we did. He always was compassionate n always had a great plan. His beside manner was wonderful...They [RBA staff] are amazing, they will listen to you and explain the situation in hand and set a game plan that works the best. Even in the tough times they are a shoulder to cry on and the comfort you need to move forward. They are really the best in my eyes. We had seen 3 Dr's before him and none of them made me fell so comfortable the way dr slayden did. They also all liked compassion
Tracy and everyone in the Lawrenceville [at RBA] and main office were great. They always should compassion. They treated you like family...They are amazing, they will listen to you and explain the situation in hand and set a game plan that works the best. Even in the tough times they are a shoulder to cry on and the comfort you need to move forward. They are really the best in my eyes. We had seen 3 Dr's before him and none of them made me fell so comfortable the way dr slayden did. They also all liked compassion
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Trust him and listen to him. He knows what he is talking about and will make you feel like family
Dr sladen was the 4th dr n 3rd fertility offices. We had some horrible and heartbreaking experience before we came to him. We instantly felt like family. He properly diagnosed me when I had been missed diagnosed for 3 years. He would always make me feel special especially when things were going ruff. He would call us on holidays, after hours and even on vacation if we needed. He was wonderful
1st I had to have surgery to remove a uterine septum n endometriosis, a month later we had our 2nd Ivf , 1st with dr slayden. Had brithcontol n injection. Had a egg retrieval n 5 day transfer. This resulted in a pregnancy, I had a heterotopic pregnancy, I also had a hematoma with this pregnancy which caused premature labor and our twins being born to soon at 21 weeks. 2nd we had a hsg, which came back with issues, then I had to have surgery again to fix the septum n clean out. I then had a scarpe and our 3rd ivf, 2nd with dr slayden with injectables which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I tried injectables again but the cycle was canceled because I fromed a cyst. Dr slayden suggested we take a brake for a few months and we did. We did a another hsg, come back prefect. Did the same brithcontol n Injection protocol. Had another scrape. Had our 4th ivf and 3rd with Dr slayden it was successful n great pregnancy and resulted in us having our wonderful gifts from God our twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Tracy )
Tracy and everyone in the Lawrenceville and main office were great. They always should compassion. They treated you like family
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RBA.
This was always done prefect and in a timely manner
28,000 to 35,000
Describe Scott Slayden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
They would only transfer 2
2012 - 2015
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
He [Dr Slayden] seemed happy to continue unrealistic treatments for us (IUI) either because it would bring more revenue or because he knew we would eventually need to do IVF. The problem with this was that for every year and dollar wasted our chances of a pregnancy with even IVF would have been more difficult. Be prepared to ask him hard questions to make your treatment something worth your time and energy.
RBA is a large practice which can be daunting, but overall their physicians stay on top of the latest research in reproductive endocrinology & embryology. Their embryology program (where your eggs/sperm/embryos will be taken care for IVF cycles) is outstanding.
2012 - 2015
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden is a technically proficient physician. And he can be charming to most patients. However, the charm (his primary bedside manner) masks a lack of personal interest in helping patients understand treatment decisions. He seemed happy to continue unrealistic treatments for us (IUI) either because it would bring more revenue or because he knew we would eventually need to do IVF. The problem with this was that for every year and dollar wasted our chances of a pregnancy with even IVF would have been more difficult. Be prepared to ask him hard questions to make your treatment something worth your time and energy.
Educate yourself before any visits/treatments, ask him hard questions every time, demand clear answers about chances of success, and make sure you understand the window of time you have to be most successful with your goal to have a family. Do not rely on him to be in the driver seat for you to get the best care.
Poor response from office to staff to questions about treatments/procedures.
Femara for IUI, Femara with injectables for IUI, Antagonist protocol for IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Tracey Womble)
Tracey was typically unorganized, unable to answer questions, poor about responding to questions in general, and ultimately totally uncompassionate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Transportation, Medication, Lost wages, Cash pay for consultation by phone or in person, Treatment
What specific things went wrong at RBA?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Long story short, do not use this office.

2011 - 2015
We started off with metformin and femara, and then moved to an iui [with Dr. Slayden]. We were unsuccessful. The next cycle we planned for ivf with gonal-f and an estrogen drug and crinone for progesterone. I didn't have enough eggs for retrieval, so we switched to an iui and that was successful...He has an excellent bedside manner, he explained things carefully, made sure to answer any questions we had, and kept our expectations realistic. He did a great job keeping us comfortable during any actual procedures we did.
ivf [at RBA] - we got two cycles for about 20,000, and we able to get a refund if they were unsuccessful - minus the cost of medications...We went to the Lawrenceville location and it was very nice. For anything that had to be scheduled over the weekends or during holidays we went to the large downtown office, which was also great. Everyone was friendly and warm... They would always communicate back quickly and they were willing to work with you if you had an scheduling problems.
2011 - 2015
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
I cannot recommend him enough. He made me feel comfortable, and explained all my options. He genuinely seemed like he cared about us as patients. He always took time to talk to us and made sure we were comfortable, and he gave us three beautiful babies.
Just go see him - he will talk you through all your options and help you make the best decision for your family.
We started off with metformin and femara, and then moved to an iui. We were unsuccessful. The next cycle we planned for ivf with gonal-f and an estrogen drug and crinone for progesterone. I didn't have enough eggs for retrieval, so we switched to an iui and that was successful.
The whole staff is very friendly and supportive. They would always communicate back quickly and they were willing to work with you if you had an scheduling problems.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
I know that I was able to get a plan for my ivf - we got two cycles for about 20,000, and we able to get a refund if they were unsuccessful - minus the cost of medications/
I think we was willing to help the patient decide on a case by case basis.
2013 - 2015
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Slayden has an easy, optimistic, and relaxed personality. This can be wonderful in the early stages when you want reassurance about the steps ahead... However, after 4 miscarriages with him as my doctor, I wanted more realism and answers.
It is impossible to get questions answered in a timely manner... Every time I call it seems like I am putting the staff out, and I am not a high maintenance patient. I felt like I would get lost in the shuffle sometimes.
2013 - 2015
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden has an easy, optimistic, and relaxed personality. This can be wonderful in the early stages when you want reassurance about the steps ahead. It was nice to have someone so positive that he would be able to help me carry a baby to term. However, after 4 miscarriages with him as my doctor, I wanted more realism and answers.
Be prepared for poor communication with the office staff. If you are a type A personality, this office may not be for you. Everyone seems so relaxed and confident which is great until the protocols don't work.
I do feel the office knows my name - i have been there nearly every month for 2 years, so I whop they do! - but getting questions answered can be extremely frustrating. Nurses only make return calls after the office closes at 3. If you miss their call, you have to wait until the following day. I feel like my questions are often dismissed and quickly answered away. It feels as if they expect patients to be the expert.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Tracey Wolcombe)
It is impossible to get questions answered in a timely manner. If I make a call at 8am, I won't hear back until 3 pm - if I hear back at all. Every time I call it seems like I am putting the staff out, and I am not a high maintenance patient. I felt like I would get lost in the shuffle sometimes. For example, on my second egg transfer, I asked for the womb scratching like I had with my first transfer. They realized they forgot to set it up in time, so they told me it doesn't really make a difference anyways.

2012 - 2016
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
From the first visit to the last dr. Slayden treated us with respect and helped us create our family. When we recieved bad news him and his staff allowed us time to grieve and didnt rush us out to move on with their schedule. He would personally call to let us know results and allowed us to explore all options and testing to determine what steps were needed next.... Medications were adjusted throughout cycle based on ultrasound results.
Very friendly staff [RBA], clean office, easy to schedule appointments, quick responses when called. Major procedures are done through the main office in Atlanta with whoever the on call doctor is so it might not be your main doctor perfroming the procedure. All doctors that we worked with were wonderful and caring during our journey.... With surgeries and procedures it was about $15,000 total over 4 years.... They work well around your schedule and all his staff is very friendly and caring.
2012 - 2016
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Don't wait as long as I did. My only regret is that I didnt seek treatment sooner :)
Very personable. The doctor would actually call with blood results and next steps. They work well around your schedule and all his staff is very friendly and caring.
We used femera, with gonal-f, metformin, folic acid, and lovenox for our lui cycles. Medications were adjusted throughout cycle based on ultrasound results.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Very friendly staff, clean office, easy to schedule appointments, quick responses when called. Major procedures are done through the main office in Atlanta with whoever the on call doctor is so it might not be your main doctor perfroming the procedure. All doctors that we worked with were wonderful and caring during our journey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
With surgeries and procedures it was about $15,000 total over 4 years.
Na

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Slayden was very personal and positive with his words. He was very encouraging and honest. He made us feel right at home while speaking with him about the right plan.... You will meet with his NP a lot, but he is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about what he does!... We met him once. He was very kind and genuine! He was very passionate about wanting to help us and had the right plan in mind. He also took in interest to our hobby while discussing wanting to know more about us which was cool.
Front desk rep [at RBA- Lawrenceville] isn’t very passionate or friendly. She seems frustrated a lot. She’s straight forward with not much personality. All of the other staff has been very nice and pleasant! The cost are a little high but hopefully it’ll be worth it in the end... Carla is actually the NP. She communicates back very quickly, tells me what I need to hear, listens to all my concerns and answers all my questions!
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Carla)
Describe your experience with RBA.
Front desk rep isn’t very passionate or friendly. She seems frustrated a lot. She’s straight forward with not much personality. All of the other staff has been very nice and pleasant! The cost are a little high but hopefully it’ll be worth it in the end.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Pretty expensive! It seems like every time I go in I’m spending $500 at each visit.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Scott Slayden at RBA.

He [Dr. Scott Slayden] explained everything very well. I had to have surgery initially which turned out to just be a uterine polyp but he was awesome and very personable. When was pregnant but my HCG levels hadn’t increased as they should he called me to tell me and did it in a very compassionate but factual way so I understood exactly what was happening. When I had the miscarriage the ultrasound tech was out so he personally did the ultrasound. He remains positive but realistic about the treatments.
They [nurses at RBA-Marietta] are great- always get back to me quickly when I call, appointments are on time and efficient...Clomid check $470...Mid cycle ultrasound $200...IUI $600...I love that they have several different office locations and I can go to anyone for the ultrasounds and bloodwork. I wish there was more of a support network while in treatment. I think they have a group at the main office but it has never been mentioned. This process is hard physically and emotionally and wish they had more to offer in the way of a community feeling.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
He explained everything very well. I had to have surgery initially which turned out to just be a uterine polyp but he was awesome and very personable. When was pregnant but my HCG levels hadn’t increased as they should he called me to tell me and did it in a very compassionate but factual way so I understood exactly what was happening. When I had the miscarriage the ultrasound tech was out so he personally did the ultrasound. He remains positive but realistic about the treatments.
This is a long process and you have to be flexible
The staff are great and try their best to Work with your schedule. Everything is explained well and they always get back to me when I contact them.
I am currently in the middle of the last cycle of IUI we can do before having another consultation and moving to other treatments. It’s been straight forward so far: Clomid check- iltrasound, clomid 2 tabs x 5 days then a mid cycle ultrasound and then IUI the day after positive ovulation test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Selena)
They are great- always get back to me quickly when I call, appointments are on time and efficient.
Clomid check $470 Mid cycle ultrasound $200 IUI $600
Those have not been discussed

Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
There are honestly no weaknesses with Dr. Best or the [RBA] Marietta office. Everyone there is spectacular. The main office in Sandy Springs is busy so you feel a bit more like a number, but everyone there was kind and easy to work with. Probably my only big complaint is the cost, but I think that is pretty standard when it comes to IVF.... Julie was my friend, psychologist, nurse and cheerleader through the process. I had zero understanding of this process and had never even given anyone an injection.
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
My husband and I opted for assisted reproduction after an unexplained miscarriage and inability to get pregnant again. Dr. Best listened to our story with compassion and took copious notes on our issues. She ordered every test in her "arsenal" to try and help us figure out what was going on. She explained the results of the tests and then explained our options (IVF v IUI, etc). I can honestly say that I enjoyed every appointment with her and actually looked forward to seeing her (something I can't say about most doctor visits). She kept my hopes up and was there for me during the difficult moments as well. She is a model doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at RBA?
To be completely open and honest with Dr. Best about your fears and expectations and concerns. I had concerns about having a trisomy baby due to my age and Dr. Best reviewed with me how we could handle such a situation if it arose. She also had referrals to other doctors I could speak with (MFM's). If money is an issue, let her know and she will try to work out a treatment plan within your budget.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best is one of the best doctors I've ever worked with. From the first moment we met with her, she was warm, she listened, addressed our issues and explained our options in a very clear and concise manner. She has called me on weekends and I even have her cell number (though I try not to use it!)
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I can't remember the exact protocol used, but the first egg retrieval produced a disappointing three eggs so we banked those and did another retrieval that resulted in 12 more eggs! Using ICSI, we then created 12 embryos which we froze until I was ready for a transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Julie was my friend, psychologist, nurse and cheerleader through the process. I had zero understanding of this process and had never even given anyone an injection. She taught me how to inject the meds and how to make it less painful. She gave me samples when I was running out of meds and she was just awesome to work with.
Describe your experience with RBA.
There are honestly no weaknesses with Dr. Best or the Marietta office. Everyone there is spectacular. The main office in Sandy Springs is busy so you feel a bit more like a number, but everyone there was kind and easy to work with. Probably my only big complaint is the cost, but I think that is pretty standard when it comes to IVF. It's not cheap!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
We spent about $40,000 for two egg retrievals, three embryo transfers and this includes medicine.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
This was something I agonized over quite a bit. Dr. Best was good at showing me the ASRM standard for number of embryos transferred due to age, but she listened to my concern about multiples and helped me reach an informed decision each time on how many embryos to transfer.

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Best has been through IVF herself and took the time to share with me how she understands going through infertility. She made me feel comfortable through the whole process. She’s actually the only doctor that found the issue with my husband and I because she took her time and didnt rush through the testing!... I did two IUI prior to Dr. Best so when we went to her I wanted to try timed intercourse to see if my eggs would even respond and they finally did. We did clomid 100 and a trigger shot and both cycles I had 4 and 6 follicles!!
Strengths: great success rates, many offices [RBA Marietta] so it’s convenient, very knowledgeable drs and nurses Weakness sometimes it can take a little while to get an appt bc they are busy. The sperm freezes have to be done at one location in Atlanta and the latest you can do it is 9 am so that is inconvenient if you live for away like we do.... All nurses are very caring and helpful! They always email me back if I have questions within a few hours!
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
I’ve never felt more comfortable with a dr. She told me at my first visit with her to put all the stress on her and for me to relax and I’ve honestly done that for once. I trust Dr. Best because she knows what it’s like to have infertility problems and I know she’s going to help us start a family! She’s very patient and answers all questions and I always leave understanding what our next step is.
Make sure you have your past history all printed out, it helps to have it there to look at when you’re going over what’s next.
I did two IUI prior to Dr. Best so when we went to her I wanted to try timed intercourse to see if my eggs would even respond and they finally did. We did clomid 100 and a trigger shot and both cycles I had 4 and 6 follicles!! We didn’t get pregnant unfortunately because we later found out my husband has a morphology issue so we are seeing the male specialist now and hoping to improve sperm quality and then go back to iui or ivf!
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strengths: great success rates, many offices so it’s convenient, very knowledgeable drs and nurses Weakness sometimes it can take a little while to get an appt bc they are busy. The sperm freezes have to be done at one location in Atlanta and the latest you can do it is 9 am so that is inconvenient if you live for away like we do. (1.5 hours)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
Consult is $250, hsg was around $700 I think, sperm freeze was $650, ultrasounds around $200, husbands ultrasound was $510, IUI is around $1700, IVF starts at $14,500
I haven’t gotten this far yet.
Marietta
Dr.Best has been a God sent! This is not easy to go through at all! This is such an emotional journey for my husband and I. She has a heart of gold and is always there to answer any questions we have. I feel like she's my cheerleader that's right by my side...I went for ultrasounds and labs. I took Letrozole. I injected hormones for a few days. Once my follicles were of normal size I had the IUI done.
The staff [at RBA] is always so helpful and takes their time with you. I didn't feel rushed at all.At every appointment they give me their time and answer all my questions.I never feel rushed! I feel like they really care...The whole staff is amazing. From the beginning, you're filling out paperwork through their website. That helps by the time you see the doctor on saving time. You meet one on one with the doctor and go over EVERYTHING. You leave having a game plan on what you're about to do. The staff is very caring and positive. You leave having hope on what's about to happen.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Make sure your paperwork is completed. Make sure your knowledgeable in what your insurance covers for fertility. Go in to the office with written questions. Have an idea of what you're willing to spend. Discuss all questions and be open and honest with your doctor.
The staff is always so helpful and takes their time with you. I didn't feel rushed at all.At every appointment they give me their time and answer all my questions.I never feel rushed! I feel like they really care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Lacie and Julie)
I love these girls. Always answering all my questions. They always got back to me in a timely manner. They always made sure I understood all I had to do. They gave me an outline of EXACTLY what I had to do step by step. I NEVER had to stay on top of them, or ask what was next. I always knew.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
I pay out of pocket. Insurance does NOT cover this. That's ok. We feel that Dr.Best wouldn't have us try anything that wouldn't work. I don't feel like they want my money. I feel like they want to help bless us with our miracle.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Monica Best at RBA.

Dr. Best is a warm and welcoming doctor. She is very insightful and wants to go over her action plan in detail. Once she has her plan she is on a mission. My low ovarian reserve count and my husband's klinefelter syndrome didn't stop her as it would most doctors I believe...Dr. Best took the time to attack the plan at need. However, my husband and I both felt that a lot of information was given at once with little take home information.
Our clinic was Reproductive Biology Associates. My husband's doctor was Dr. Michael Witt while I saw Dr. Monica Best. The two offices appeared to function as satellite offices. The only weakness I saw regarding the clinic was the communication between offices could have been better in regards to doctor's notes, medical files and procedure plans...The nursing staff for Dr. Best were able to assist when needed. The satellite offices appeared to not communicate as well with one another.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Do your research and know your options. Dr. Best will let you know but it is better to go in there with the knowledge already so you aren't lost when she is talking terms and procedures.
Dr. Best wants to do two cycles of Egg retrievals then for my husband to have a sperm extraction procedure. After this, we will then fertilize then send off for genetic testing.
Estimated total costs: $52,000
Dr. Best does have a strong preference to only selecting one embryo to transfer compared to multiple. We have expressed wanting to place two embryos in our first trial and she expressed that it does not raise our chances of pregnancy.
What specific things went wrong at RBA?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Lab results came back conflicting.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Julie [an RBA nurse] was an awesome resource during my cycle. She was prompt in replying to my questions and able to answer detailed questions. I am grateful for her! Dr. Best is a deeply compassionate and skilled physician. She was familiar with my treatment history before our first visit and had immediate recommendations to improve the chances of a successful pregnancy for our next cycle. I work in healthcare, she is by far one of the best physicians I have worked with and she made me want to do a better job with my own patients.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Trust her. She is spectacular. If you have questions Dr. Best or her staff will make sure you are taken care of -ask them anything.
I saw Dr. Best after an extremely negative experience with a previous provider. She was thorough, compassionate, & extremely positive. Transferring my care to her allowed me to heal and look forward to my next cycle with hope. She is an amazing physician and all around incredibly decent human being.
Lupron down regulation before frozen embryo transfer, Progesterone in oil supplementation during luteal phase versus vaginal progesterone. Successful pregnancy was the result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Julie Morin)
Julie was an awesome resource during my cycle. She was prompt in replying to my questions and able to answer detailed questions. I am grateful for her!
Travel, Medications, Cycle fee

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Monica Best at RBA.

Clinic [RBA] seems to really value each patient as an individual vs a number. Weakness- i think they could do some upgrades to their facility and accommodations for patients in waiting area but I really do not think the clinic has any true clinical or relationship weaknesses.... Labwork- roughly 500 for spouse and I HSG-roughly 2000 IVF round- 15,500 Embry Tranfer- 4500 per transfer Meds- 4-5000 ( IVF cycle 3000 plus embryo transfer prep- mine were 5700) Additional Visits- 150 per visit
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Dr. Rubin greeted my husband and I as people instead of patients. She introduced herself by her first name and really seemed to make a connection with us on a personal level. Due to our concern with our diagnosis, we saw her multiple times prior to making a decision on a treatment plan and those visits were more like therapy than clinical. She shared her personal beliefs and then discussed science. When we went into the retrieval, I was panicked about a low projected number of follicles the night before the procedure. Dr. Rubin called me at home at 8 pm when I was flipping out (she was not on call) just to reassure both my husband and I. She went above and beyond and made me feel safe in her care. I may need to do additional retrievals and I will only do them under her guidance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Be open to tough discussions- she will give you the information in a straight forward way
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Dr. Rubin introduced herself to us and I knew she was going to treat us as people not a number. She remembered specific details about our lives that were unrelated to our treatment and made it a point to come visit us after our retrieval even though she wasn’t on call. In addition, she called and essentially talked us off the ledge when we almost backed out of Ivf due to fear. She engaged with me on a personal level that was beyond her clinical expectations as a provider. She truly seemed to care about our outcomes as a couple instead of statistic. Using her own experience with egg freezing, she was able to make a connection with me on a level beyond that of another RE.
Describe the protocols Jessica Rubin used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Initial worktop was diagnostic labs for my husband and I, HSG for tubal testing, and follow up saline sonogram. IVF for unexplained infertility. Ultrasounds starting on day 5 of Protocol cycle- every other day until retrieval. Retrieval day 14. CoQ10 recommenced for egg quality. Meds- Gonal 5-150 mg at bedtime, HCG in am (10 mcg for egg quality) for entire cycle. Add Cetrotide daily staring on day 7 to prevent ovulation.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Clinic seems to really value each patient as an individual vs a number. Weakness- i think they could do some upgrades to their facility and accommodations for patients in waiting area but I really do not think the clinic has any true clinical or relationship weaknesses. Overall, a great experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at RBA.
Describe Jessica Rubin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Only single embryo transfer. Statistical evidence that proves that single embryo transfer produces higher success rates and safer pregnancies and outcomes for mom and baby
Jessica Rubin
Piedmont

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA.