1800 Northside Forsyth Drive
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900

2013 - 2019, Successful
Be prepared to wait for your initial appointment, but he [Dr. Toledo] is worth the wait...suspected that we were getting "bad eggs" (resulting in the chemical pregnancies), and he therefore recommended pre-implantation genetic screening to screen for embryos with abnormal numbers of chromosomes. He also suggested ICSI to directly inject the sperm into the egg. We did our first and only retrieval in November 2013, and came away with 9 eggs, 8 fertilized, and 7 made it to day 5, at which point they froze and biopsied all of them for genetic screening.
Megan and Lisa were my primary nurses during my IUIs, egg retrieval, and first transfer [at RBA]. They were both wonderful and responded to all of my emails quickly... For IVF, we used a financing plan that totaled approximately $22,000, but included 3 fresh cycles and 3 frozen cycles (and the benefit stops after a successful pregnancy). We only ended up needing one of each, so we probably overpaid...The parking is also kind of expensive, so I would recommend carpooling with your significant other for appointments so you don't have to pay two parking fees.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo has a wonderful bedside manner. He is friendly and personable and has been doing this a long time. It takes a long time to get into see him, but there's a reason for it. You won't be sad you waited an extra few weeks. Some of his explanations are technical, but for the most part, he explains things in terms non-medical people can understand. He will take as much time as he needs with patients for consultations - I think those are booked in one hour blocks, just so he doesn't have to get to another patient. I think we spent one hour with him in our initial consult (not including exams, bloodwork, and meeting with the nurses before and after). He answers questions patiently and is happy to take follow up calls. Once we had decided to go forward with IVF, I had questions about the drugs and injections I was prescribed, and I was able to get on the phone with him personally within a couple of days to get answers from him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Be prepared to wait for your initial appointment, but he is worth the wait. And have a list of questions ready to go and be prepared to take notes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo is the most kind and caring doctor I've ever had. He has a wonderful bedside manner. Every time we have been back to see him, he remembers us, our kids, and things we like to do. When we did our egg retrieval, we got fewer eggs than we expected, and he let me cry on his shoulder when I found out.
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
We started with IUI on Femara. (I had been prescribed Clomid and timed intercourse with my OB/GYN but that had not worked, so we moved onto Femara.) Each IUI cycle also included a trigger shot 12 hours before the first insemination, and then 24 hours, there was a second insemination. The first IUI cycle was negative, so they changed the timing of my progesterone. The second attempted IUI did not make it to insemination because I did not get any follicles, so they reversed on the progesterone timing. The second and third IUI were identical in terms of medications, and both resulted in chemical pregnancies. My beta with the second IUI stalled at just below 50, and the beta with the third IUI barely made it above 10. Dr. Toledo did give us the option after the second failed IUI to start IVF, but we elected to try one more. After the third failed IUI, we were told our best option was to proceed with IVF. We had a whole lot of bloodwork done (on both me and my husband) and a meeting with a genetic counselor. Dr. Toledo suspected that we were getting "bad eggs" (resulting in the chemical pregnancies), and he therefore recommended pre-implantation genetic screening to screen for embryos with abnormal numbers of chromosomes. He also suggested ICSI to directly inject the sperm into the egg. We did our first and only retrieval in November 2013, and came away with 9 eggs, 8 fertilized, and 7 made it to day 5, at which point they froze and biopsied all of them for genetic screening. I was on Bravelle and Menopur at the lowest doses recommended (I believe 2 injections of each, each day) because I have PCOS and they were worried about overstimulating. We then stopped the medication since we would be doing a fresh transfer. We ended up with 4 genetically normal embryos, and planned to transfer one of them in January. For the transfer, I was placed on birth control to level off my hormones and then put on estrogen (patches) and progesterone (suppositories) on the first day of the transfer cycle, which I was on till the pregnancy reached 12 weeks. (They will normally wean you off these starting at 8 weeks when the placenta has taken over, but I was traveling around week 10 and was being extra cautious, so they let me stay on it till 12 weeks, when I started seeing my regular OB/GYN). The transfer took place on day 20 of my cycle, and Dr. Toledo did the transfer himself. We got a positive pregnancy test, and that baby is now almost 4.5 years old. Dr. Toledo also did an "uterine scratch test" at the beginning of the cycle, which has shown increased pregnancy rates. We did a second frozen transfer in October 2016 with the same protocol and steps as our first frozen transfer, but Dr. Toledo did do an HSG test to make sure my uterus was still in good shape (no fibroids, cysts, etc.) It was all clear, and one of his colleagues did the second transfer. That baby is now 1.5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Megan, Lisa, and Krista)
Megan and Lisa were my primary nurses during my IUIs, egg retrieval, and first transfer. They were both wonderful and responded to all of my emails quickly. I did not have as much interaction with Krista because I treated there for a relatively short period of time with my second transfer (Megan and Lisa had both left by then), but she was always kind, called promptly with lab results, and answered emails quickly too.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Dr. Toledo's assistant - Melissa - is amazing and returns calls quickly. The front office staff, particularly Mary Ellen, is a delight and calls you by name when she sees you come in. They do have a policy that no children are allowed, which I appreciated as a patient before we had our girls and respected as a patient who has had two successful pregnancies. If you are bringing in new babies to meet Dr. Toledo, they ask you to wait across the elevator bank, just so you do not upset couples who have not yet had successful pregnancies. The only complaint I had about the clinic was their financial/accounting people. They often tried to bill us for things we hadn't had done, and one lady was particularly insensitive when I had to check out after I'd found out we wouldn't be able to go forward with the second planned IUI. The parking is also kind of expensive, so I would recommend carpooling with your significant other for appointments so you don't have to pay two parking fees.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
The IUIs cost around $1500 ($500 per insemination, plus ultrasound monitoring and meds). For IVF, we used a financing plan that totaled approximately $22,000, but included 3 fresh cycles and 3 frozen cycles (and the benefit stops after a successful pregnancy). We only ended up needing one of each, so we probably overpaid. We were told when we went back for our second transfer that they had changed the program such that we could have used the funds leftover after our first successful transfer to put toward the second transfer. Medications for the egg retrieval were probably in the neighborhood of $4,000 to $5,000, most of it being out of pocket. My husband changed insurance plans for our second transfer, which had an allowance for fertility coverage, and it cost us approximately $600 or $700 out of pocket (including meds) . I think the frozen transfer without insurance would have been around $3000.
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Dr. Toledo was strongly in favor of a single embryo transfer - I was 31 and 34 at the time of both my transfers - and he did not see a reason to consider a multiple embryo transfer at my age. Given our circumstances, we also had a very good chance of one working (and those odds only increased with two), and he reminded us that twins is twice the cost at the same time (two daycare payments, two college tuitions, two of all the baby gear, etc.).

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Slayden] met with me and my husband and gave us the time and energy to understand everything...He is a clear communicator, although I am in medicine, and his nurse told me that many people don't understand him, so she went through everything again. There were a couple of comments that were difficult to hear, particularly an analogy of my eggs having rusty rails, but I like that it kicked my partner into gear to say that. His clinic staff have followed up with me comprehensively, even during the coronavirus outbreak. I also liked that he didn't try to mess around with IUI and got right to IVF since I had recurrent pregnancy loss.
clinic staff [at RBA] have followed up with me comprehensively, even during the coronavirus outbreak...[nurses are] Very compassionate, upbeat and comprehensive. Great communication...They also offer a guaranteed baby program starting at $19K, but given my age (37), my estimate, before review by the board, was around $29K...It's a lovely office in a nice building. There were no other patients there before or during our visit (to the best of my knowledge), which was really nice. They practiced excellent sanitary and confidentiality procedures. I was expecting them to draw blood during my first visit, but instead they sent me to Quest. Not a big deal, but it's good to know that they didn't do any diagnostics during the first visit.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
I only met with him once. His clinic and staff are great. He is a clear communicator, although I am in medicine, and his nurse told me that many people don't understand him, so she went through everything again. There were a couple of comments that were difficult to hear, particularly an analogy of my eggs having rusty rails, but I like that it kicked my partner into gear to say that. His clinic staff have followed up with me comprehensively, even during the coronavirus outbreak. I also liked that he didn't try to mess around with IUI and got right to IVF since I had recurrent pregnancy loss.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
Bring your partner with you to the appointment, especially if they are on the fence about fertility treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Slayden at RBA?
He met with me and my husband and gave us the time and energy to understand everything.
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I haven't gone through a cycle yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
Very compassionate, upbeat and comprehensive. Great communication.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
$18,000 plus medications ($4000-$7000). They also offer a guaranteed baby program starting at $19K, but given my age (37), my estimate, before review by the board, was around $29K.
Lawrenceville

Dr. Shapiro took the time to meet with my husband and I for an hour to discuss our specific situation and the best options. He was attentive and addressed out questions and concerns...He went over our medical history and was very realistic as to our situation. He was not overly optimistic but was also not discouraging. He offered concrete a strategies to address and potential back up plans...He went over our medical history and was very realistic as to our situation. He was not overly optimistic but was also not discouraging. He offered concrete a strategies to address and potential back up plans.
Everyone was really great at the clinic [RBA]! They were kind, compassionate and encouraging. My main issues was that it was very hard to reach someone fast or directly. I found that on a couple of occasions they did not seem to have my tests stored in an organized manner and seemed to not even know they were available...$14,100 for IVF...The office was always neat, clean and I never had to wait long to get my bloodwork our ultrasounds. The staff was very pleasant and encouraging. I did find that they were a bit disorganized with their paperwork and my test results. It was also very hard to reach someone directly and in an expedient manner.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
I would highly recommend a consultation!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Describe the protocols Daniel Shapiro used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
My diagnosis was multifaceted- very low AMH, ovarian resistance and possibly poor egg quality due to my age (40). We went directly into IVF starting on the 1st day of my period with a relatively high dose of medications. Unfortunately my follicles did not respond to the hormone stimulation and we decided to cancel the cycle. On our follow-up appointment, we decided to attempt another round of IVF but starting the hormone injections 15 days prior to the start of my period. This decision was based on the fact that I had enough follicles, just not enough of them grew.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
Everyone was really great at the clinic! They were kind, compassionate and encouraging. My main issues was that it was very hard to reach someone fast or directly. I found that on a couple of occasions they did not seem to have my tests stored in an organized manner and seemed to not even know they were available.
$14,100 for IVF
Describe Daniel Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
I really liked Dr. Shapiro's thought process behind choices like these and found myself in agreement with his suggestions.

2018 - 2020, Successful
He [Dr. Robert Straub] was warm, funny, yet serious when needed to be. He was very honest about our options and told us at each step of the way what to expect....I felt taken care of each step of the way. All of my questioned were answered...We used a traditional IVF with ICSI. My protocol included Gonal F and Ganirelix. We had a very successful cycle resulting in 19 eggs and in the end we ended up with 7 healthy embryos...I was prepared to travel from Atlanta to NYC back to my regular doctor until I met Dr. Straub.
The nursing team [at RBA] was just as informed as Dr. Straub's team. They were pleasant and always available...We paid for about $15,000 up front because our insurance did not cover anything and then another $3500 in medications...Strengths-knowledgeable, friendly, and warm. Evidence based and have gotten proven results. Weaknesses- they sometimes had a bit of a wait in the waiting room area. RBA is convenient because they have locations all across Atlanta which made it easy for to me pick the best location. During my time at RBAI was introduced to three different doctor who did performed a variety treatments on me. All doctors were knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I was very pleased with Dr. Straub and the nursing team at RBA. I felt taken care of each step of the way. All of my questioned were answered and they were always available. I was very nervous and unaware of what to expect and they went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at RBA?
It's okay to not know. Go in and have your questions ready to be answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub was personally referred to me by my previous doctor in NYC (Dr. Kligman). I was prepared to travel from Atlanta to NYC back to my regular doctor until I met Dr. Straub. He was warm, funny, yet serious when needed to be. He was very honest about our options and told us at each step of the way what to expect.
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nursing team was just as informed as Dr. Straub's team. They were pleasant and always available.
Cumming

I always came away from my appointments [with Dr. Daniel Shapiro] knowing exactly what to expect, the probability of success and the potential risk. He creates a warm environment, often infused with humor. He gets to know his patients as people...When we miscarried after a second round IUI he sat with us for as long as we needed. He gave me a hug (after asking permission) and walked us out the backdoor, so we wouldn't have to go out through reception. I highly recommend working with him.
The procedure costs [at RBA] are comparable to other Atlanta facilities. I know there are payment options available, as needed...The clinic runs pretty efficiently. I've never waited more than 10-15 minutes, at the longest, for my appointments. I've never had trouble with scheduling. The receptionists are friendly and know me by name. The same is true for the billing team. You definitely feel like the whole clinic is rooting for you.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shapiro does not mince words. I always came away from my appointments knowing exactly what to expect, the probability of success and the potential risk. He creates a warm environment, often infused with humor. He gets to know his patients as people. For instance, he actually gave me his family's recipe for latkes (hand written) when he found out I was planning to include the dish over the holidays. When we miscarried after a second round IUI he sat with us for as long as we needed. He gave me a hug (after asking permission) and walked us out the backdoor, so we wouldn't have to go out through reception. I highly recommend working with him.
Don't expect him to sugar coat information, whether good or bad. He is supportive and compassionate, but also direct in his delivery.
Dr. Shapiro has always been optimistic, but realistic throughout our testing and treatment process. I always feel like he's giving me the time I need to talk through options and get all my questions answered. He never pushes us toward a treatment plan we're not comfortable with or interested in. We also greatly appreciate his sense of humor, especially during the stressful moments.
I went to see Dr. Shapiro for secondary infertility. After laparoscopic surgery I was diagnosed with mild endometriosis. Given that I had a previous pregnancy, my AMH was high and there were no male factor issues, he recommended IUI with Clomid. The first cycle produced one follicle and didn't result in a pregnancy. The second cycle produced three follicles, my husband's sperm sample was 84M, and resulted in a pregnancy. I actually had a consult midway through my second cycle requesting to skip a third and move directly to IVF. Dr. Shapiro was so confident in the progression of my second cycle he told me that he felt fairly confident it would end in pregnancy, which it did. I did miscarry at 5 weeks, unfortunately, but the IUI was a success. I'm now waiting for my regular cycle to return and a consultation with Dr. Shapiro before proceeding to my next treatment option.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
I'm lucky enough to work for a company that provides fertility benefits, so I paid little out of pocket. The procedure costs are comparable to other Atlanta facilities. I know there are payment options available, as needed.

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr Shapiro is flexible and can tailor treatment plans that work best for you! I am terrible with shots so during the transfers I was able to do a crinone gel instead of progesterone shots everyday!...my endometrial lining wasn’t where we wanted it to be on day 10 so we increased the estradiol orally and vaginally...was very upfront with us and would let us decide whether to transfer multiple embryos or not. My first transfer he recommended one as I had unexplained infertility so we wanted to see if that took - and it did! On the second we did the same given the success of the first!
They are really efficient once you are a patient! Since you need to be in the clinic so often, you don’t want to wait 30 mins just to get blood drawn (like my previous clinic). RBA is great with this, always prompt and communicate very well on the process...The clinic is so well run that you are never left in the waiting room for more than 15 minutes while the “number” of other patients walked in...There has been turnover in the nursing and support staff. This is one pain point with the clinic. My experience this time around was much better than previously and Dr Shapiro was honest with us letting us know that the nursing staff is fairly new but learning everything quickly.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr Shapiro is very knowledgeable in his field. He can over explain certain things but that only makes you feel more confident in the plan going forward. He properly assesses the pros and cons of each situation and let’s you and your partner make a decision.
Be knowledgeable walking in and have somewhat of a plan as to the outcome you want and timeframe. Dr Shapiro is flexible and can tailor treatment plans that work best for you! I am terrible with shots so during the transfers I was able to do a crinone gel instead of progesterone shots everyday!
I was on estradiol, baby aspirin and crinone for both embryo transfers. On the second, my endometrial lining wasn’t where we wanted it to be on day 10 so we increased the estradiol orally and vaginally.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Thankfully IVF is covered under our insurance for this clinic. Egg retrieval + embryo transfer came to about $3,000. The latest embryo transfer was $900!
Dr Shapiro was very upfront with us and would let us decide whether to transfer multiple embryos or not. My first transfer he recommended one as I had unexplained infertility so we wanted to see if that took - and it did! On the second we did the same given the success of the first!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
In 2016 (different nursing staff then now), it was a mess trying to get prescriptions ordered to start my egg retrieval process- super stressful!

2016 - 2019, Successful
I liked him [Dr. Robert Straub]. He was very straight forward, very smart, answers all questions... 1. We did fresh transfer with ICIS. I was young and my fertility issue is a tube blockage and my husband had a vasectomy reversal so his sperm was an issue as well. It worked the 1st time, our baby is 2.5 years old 2. went in to use one of our frozen tested (PCG and PDG) embryos) did a typical transfer (BC, Estrogen, PIO). 1st beta was 20. 2nd beta was 6. 3. Currently in cycle. This cycle we did Lupron and a scratch biopsy.
I hate the location of the main office [of RBA]. It is far from Fayetteville where Dr Straub sees people for consults. Youhave to get all your test done there and it is a drive. The facility itself is very clean and nice.... RBA gives a military discount. Our Fresh cycle was about 8K and our 2 frozen were 2K a piece. We had genetic testing that was 1000 to take the sample..... I like Amy. She always response to emails usually same day. I never had an issue getting questions answered. She did tell me about my 2nd cycle not resulting in a pregnancy, she was straight forward.... but I am sure that news is hard to give.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I really liked him. I saw him about 6 times, either for consults, plan of action, scratch biopsy and he called when I was pregnant the 1st time. I felt like he was very smart a knew what he was doing .
ask questions. He always ask if you have any questions and it's your own fault if you don't ask them. He is willing to answer anything, even multiple times.
I liked him. He was very straight forward, very smart, answers all questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Amy Zimmerman)
Describe your experience with RBA.
I hate the location of the main office. It is far from Fayetteville where Dr Straub sees people for consults. Youhave to get all your test done there and it is a drive. The facility itself is very clean and nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
I asked on our 1st consult if we could do 2 embryos and was told no. I was also 26 and it was my first cycle. I understood why he said no, the risk associated with multiple is high.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Straub is very professional and straight to the point with keeping the facts at the forefront of the conversation, but he also does a great job of bringing light and humor to the situation. ... He was very informative and was clear on the plan. I had surgery to remove a polyp in my uterus and he did a great job. He does a great job of comforting during this emotional time. ... He recommended single embryo transfer with PSG testing
Strength would be the kindness of the staff [RBA Cumming] and they make sure you get prompt responses. Weakness would be information regarding the financial aspect, which was overwhelming. Though there is not a straight path to follow, I was a little taken back at the fact that everything had to be paid up front before starting. ... $14,100 for monitoring, transfer and PSG testing. This does NOT include $5700 that was paid twice due to one cancelled round.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He was very straight to the point and helped us make the most realistic decision that would best fit what we were wanting to achieve. He was very informative and was clear on the plan. I had surgery to remove a polyp in my uterus and he did a great job. He does a great job of comforting during this emotional time.
Bring a note pad to write info discussed down because he tends to talk fast.
We first tried IUI which I started on 100mg of clomid daily and triggered with HCG on day 12 and underwent IUI 36 hours later. After the failed attempt, we embarked on our IVF journey. We started on a high dose of Gonal-F for my age due to my AMH being low. I started with 300units twice daily. On day 7 it was determined my ovaries were not responding and we cancelled egg retrieval. So the next protocol is called a "flare" protocol and Ill will be the max dose of Gonal -F 600units twice daily with Lupron. Have not started yet, if this doesnt work we will try max dose of other protocols
Jennifer Cunningham and Amy Zimmerman are the two nurses assigned to me. They were very informative and communicated with me via email
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strength would be the kindness of the staff and they make sure you get prompt responses. Weakness would be information regarding the financial aspect, which was overwhelming. Though there is not a straight path to follow, I was a little taken back at the fact that everything had to be paid up front before starting. Once starting, we had a cancelled retrieval and now we are on a waiting period for 2 more weeks with $14,000 sitting in their account.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
He recommended single embryo transfer with PSG testing
Cumming

Dr. Straub never made us feel rushed or that any questions were ridiculous or not important. He took the time to explain the process while not overwhelming us with details. He always answered all our questions. He didn't make us feel like we were just another case he was reading from a file. ... We attempted 2 rounds of IUI prior to IVF. IUI was a long shot due to a blocked tube.
The strength of the clinic [RBA] is getting back to patients in a timely manner and not having a long waiting period to get the process started like many clinics do. The weakness of the clinic is the response from the on call after hours phone service. ... They [nurses] were very supportive and available while going through IUI and IVF. Even when an appointment did not have a nursing consultation if I had any questions they were always available to help and did not make any questions seem rushed, unimportant or a waste of their time.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub's strengths are in the way he explains the processes and makes you feel comfortable to ask questions. I never felt rushed through the process and my questions were always answered. One of the weaknesses I believe is the sheet that is filled out when he is explaining the process. He draws out the chart while explaining the process. This all makes sense in the visit however I think there should be a form with some info printed and then he could draw the process for the situation. I understand everyone's situation is different and a template can feel a little impersonal however after the visit the writing is hard to read and it is hard to review the sheet later.
If you are from Fayetteville or the surrounding area be prepared to travel. Many of the appointments will have to be at the main office in Sandy Springs. He is only at the Fayetteville office twice a month and they do not do ultrasound or blood work.
We attempted 2 rounds of IUI prior to IVF. IUI was a long shot due to a blocked tube. For the process I did clomid, vaginal estrogen and a trigger shot. Neither attempt worked. IVF- blood work and ultrasound on day 2 of cycle. Started taking 225 iu/ml gonal F. Ultrasound and blood work on day 6 of cycle. Continuing with gonal F and started Ganirelix. Completed the gonal F day 11. Completed ganarelix day 12 and took Lupron trigger shot night of day 12. Egg retrieval day 14. 16 eggs retrieved, 9 were mature, 8 were able to fertilized, 4 made it to blastocyst. Waiting on PGS results to see how many are normal and to do FET.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nursing staff has always been available to answer questions and to help go through the process. They were very supportive and available while going through IUI and IVF. Even when an appointment did not have a nursing consultation if I had any questions they were always available to help and did not make any questions seem rushed, unimportant or a waste of their time. The nurses returned phone calls quickly and always responded to encrypted emails promptly.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The strength of the clinic is getting back to patients in a timely manner and not having a long waiting period to get the process started like many clinics do. The weakness of the clinic is the response from the on call after hours phone service. Although the phone service is contracted the people taking the messages should understand the need of the facility they are taking the message for, the answering service was occasionally insensitive and rude.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Approximately 1200 for each IUI IVF- process 14,100 includes all blood work and ultrasound and retrieval Medication for IVF- 2700 PGS-550 Unlimited FET until a viable pregnancy- 7000$
We have not had the consult for this yet.
Fayetteville

I felt like a human because I was petrified going in. I am a bigger girl and there is A LOT of bias against obese women trying to get pregnant. Dr. Shapiro addressed it directly which was totally appropriate but also very gently and respectfully.... Dr. Shapiro will only transfer ONE embryo at a time. His reasoning for this is that it does not really increase liklihood of implantation versus multiple pregnancy outcome and complications associated with same. I would like to transfer more than one if available as I am hoping one round of IVF will be enough but I understand his rationale and I like him so much I would rather stay with him, even with his one embryo approach.
Strengths of this clinic [RBA- Sandy Springs] would be getting patients in to see the doctor quickly, waiting room time is short, front desk staff are kind and friendly and responsive to needs while keeping confidentiality a main concern. I have not really seen any weaknesses, we have always been accomodated, even last minute....Both nurses (Kelly and Diana) are responsive, kind and compassionate. They alternate working the phone and seeing patients in the office but it is so comforting to k lnow that you are seeing or talking to one or the other.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shapiro is sensitive and caring and made us feel as if we were family, which i suppose you are to a degree when you conceive with his expertise and guidance! Dr. Shapiro explained the whole process overall and then explained our case with our factors specifically. He is laid back, very funny and you leave with a sense if being in good capable hands.
One piece of advice I would give a prospective patient of Dr. Shapiro is to not be worried about what he may say to you. I was so nervous because I felt like the only obese person to walk in there but he was so respectful and kind. He really looks at the whole picture and does not judge his patients. You can feel secure knowing he has your best i terests and outcomes at heart.
In my treatment we did four rounds of IUI Dec 2018-March 2019. Protocol for treatment was an ultrasound on day 3 of my cycle to check ovaries and lining of uterus; Femara on days 5-9 of my cycle, testing for peak LH (Lutenizing Hormone) and since I never received a peak we did another ultrasound around day 14 to see if my follicles were ready to release an egg. HCG trigger shot was given to induce ovulation when egg was ready and insemination followed two days later.i would then have to wait two weeks to take a pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Kelly and Diana)
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strengths of this clinic would be getting patients in to see the doctor quickly, waiting room time is short, front desk staff are kind and friendly and responsive to needs while keeping confidentiality a main concern. I have not really seen any weaknesses, we have always been accomodated, even last minute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
We have great insurance and our out of pocket costs for IUI was about $400 each IUI including medications, ultrasounds, and insemination.
Sandy Springs

Don’t feel like you are coming with too much history because you are not. Dr. Toledo will look at everything and anything you bring...He listened, took a look, and was appreciative of all I had provided...immediately took a look at my thyroid levels and put me on medicine. In his opinion, I should have been on it already. My levels were in perfect range after few short weeks...has exceeded every expectation I ever had of a RE...He had a bit of a waiting list, but I took that as I good sign. I
We qualified for the “baby guarantee” program [at RBA]. You and your spouse have to meet certain criteria pertaining to your health and specific tests to qualify. The initial fee for this program is 25k...The central clinic is great. Friendly staff from the second you walk in and there is always someone with you at any time. The great thing about RBA is there are several satellite offices...I can visit any satellite office for monitoring or labs and they all communicate.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo got to know my husband and I as individuals and not just patients. He wanted to know about our stresses in life, occupations, how our journey had been. Our first appointment was an open dialogue about what we had experienced. I was certain he would push IVF from the start. Isn’t that what they do at a reproductive clinic? To our surprise, he didn’t. After several appointments and honest conversations with Dr. Toledo we have decided to pursue IVF. I’m confident he has the hope that we do.
Come prepared. Don’t feel like you are coming with too much history because you are not. Dr. Toledo will look at everything and anything you bring. I predicted that I had a thyroid problem so I pulled blood labs from three years back (non related to fertility). He listened, took a look, and was appreciative of all I had provided.
Dr. Toledo has exceeded every expectation I ever had of a RE. With a troubling and disappointing 2018, we scheduled and appointment with Toledo. He had a bit of a waiting list, but I took that as I good sign. I had four unrelated individuals recommend his name to me, so when our appointment day came I felt as though I was meeting a celebrity. Toledo sat with my husband and I and went page by page over our history. He was so compassionate and thorough. We left with a renewed sense of hope and peace. Every appointment since has been better then the last. Being in his care as where we are supposed to be.
Dr Toledo immediately took a look at my thyroid levels and put me on medicine. In his opinion, I should have been on it already. My levels were in perfect range after few short weeks. He ordered another sonohysterogram. I had one done a year before with my OBGYN but he wanted to run one again. I can’t even begin to explain how easy that procedure was at RBA compared to my first. The ladies at RBA explained that that was something they do daily whereas an OBGYN might know how to do it but they don’t practice it that often. Dr. Toledo also ordered a few tests on my husband so we could have the most current information. He then sat down with us and went through everything, thoroughly explained our options, and gave us his opinion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
At RBA we work with the same staff from the beginning to the end. Dr. Toledo has an admin who scheduled our first consultation and has always been available for general question. Then there is a separate young lady to go through our protocol, next medical steps, consents, etc... Tay is his financial contact. She had a separate meeting with us to talk solely about financing, insurance, and drug costs. We have also met a team of nurses and his medical assistant who have guided us through everything at this point. We feel like we are in really good hands.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The central clinic is great. Friendly staff from the second you walk in and there is always someone with you at any time. The great thing about RBA is there are several satellite offices. I live in the city but work about an hour north. I can visit any satellite office for monitoring or labs and they all communicate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
We qualified for the “baby guarantee” program. You and your spouse have to meet certain criteria pertaining to your health and specific tests to qualify. The initial fee for this program is 25k. The program lasts for two years or one live birth, whichever comes first. If this does not happen you get the majority of your money back. If you choose to leave the program you also get the majority of your money back. We looked at all options and financially this made the most sense. It’s a great program and we are lucky to be in it!
Sandy Springs
Dr. Slayden will give you a lot of information about pros and cons but will also give you the wiggle room to decide. ... Dr Slayden called me personally and explained why he wanted to cancel the cycle and do a hysteroscopy before proceeding just to make sure nothing in my uterus was preventing my lining from thickening after having a D&C earlier in the year. ... We were able to start the new more intense FET protocol the next day after surgery (uterus was all clear).
RBA went through a tough time in 2018 with a few doctors and staff turning over midway through the year. There was some initial confusion during the transition but I never felt my care was lacking during those few weeks. ... Lacie Bean at the Marietta office was the best when it came to treatment, compassion, and answers. She was always there with a smile and a good story whenever we would come in.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden is pretty easy going and gives patients room to make their own decisions in most cases unrelated to safety. He also was compassionate when delivering bad news or change or plans during a treatment cycle. Some of the information comes at you pretty fast so be sure to take notes and do your own research!
Dr. Slayden will give you a lot of information about pros and cons but will also give you the wiggle room to decide. Make sure to weigh each option before starting treatment.
After going to another top clinic in Atlanta where we felt like a number we were pleasantly surprised by RBA. Although my initial doctor left the clinic midway through the year Dr. Slayden picked up right where she left off and continued treatment.
We started with Dr. Slayden right from egg retrieval. We followed the plan set out by my initial doctor which he agreed with. Stimming was rather uneventful as I was only on Gonal-f and ganirelix towards the end and triggered with lupron. From that cycle we ended up with 11 genetically normal embryos. We met with the doctor to discuss plans for an FET and created a plan about a moth after egg retrieval. I started on the course of medicines prescribed (lupron, estrogen patches) but on lining check day my lining was still quite thin a week out from scheduled transfer. Dr Slayden called me personally and explained why he wanted to cancel the cycle and do a hysteroscopy before proceeding just to make sure nothing in my uterus was preventing my lining from thickening after having a D&C earlier in the year. While extremely disappointed we agreed and were able to get the surgery scheduled within a week. We were able to start the new more intense FET protocol the next day after surgery (uterus was all clear). We transferred at the end of November and I am currently a week away from my second trimester. Can’t thank Dr. Slayden enough for letting us make informed decisions along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Lacie Bean )
Lacie Bean at the Marietta office was the best when it came to treatment, compassion, and answers. She was always there with a smile and a good story whenever we would come in. I think we will probably miss her the most! All the other nursing staff and coordinators were lovely as well.
Describe your experience with RBA.
RBA went through a tough time in 2018 with a few doctors and staff turning over midway through the year. There was some initial confusion during the transition but I never felt my care was lacking during those few weeks. Now they are very prompt with appointments and answering calls back. I still never felt like a number here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
At RBA at the time a full cycle of IVF was about $14,000 not including medications and a frozen transfer was about $4000 not including medications.
Describe Scott Slayden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
For my age and number of embryos we were both pretty adamant about transferring one. I had done my own research and was uninterested in doing more than one embryo. Dr. Slayden and I agreed and the discussion around this topic was minimal.
Sandy Springs
Dr. Shapiro has a very goofy sense of humor, he really likes Star Wars and makes references that make me laugh when I feel stressed out. He is incredibly knowledgeable and we are so grateful for that...He can be more on the blunt side when it comes to diagnosing you and giving you your options...I'm grateful for what we retrieved (19!)... only transfer one embryo at a time due to risk of multiples...
Cossandra is the care coordinator [at RBA] and I really like her! Although you do have to wait for a return call, I find it easiest just to shoot her an email and she gets right back to me...[Monitoring] Felt like a pretty well-oiled machine. Bloodwork usually first and then the ultrasound...Overall I have no complaints about the clinic itself...The billing department was probably the most friendly department I was able to speak with, aside from the surgery staff.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He can be more on the blunt side when it comes to diagnosing you and giving you your options but that's not a bad thing in my opinion. You come to him for answers and he gives them to you. You should not get your feelings hurt when any doctor is giving you additional information related to what you already know.
From the initial consultation, Dr. Shapiro asked us how we pictured our family to look down the road. He was trying his best to get us into the baby guaranteed program but I produced more eggs than he was predicting. He reassured us the whole way.
So I was supposed to do a medicated IUI with LDHCG and GonalF but on CD 9 I had my bloodwork/ultrasound appointment and lucky enough for me, we couldn't almost 8 mature follicles. Unfortunately, that meant the IUI was too high risk and we converted our plan to IVF with a retrieval just days later. Triggered with HCG and although I did feel pretty terrible for about 5 days after retrievable, I felt better after that and I'm grateful for what we retrieved (19!)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Diana)
My primary nurse was Diana and she's very nice but sometimes didn't get the warmest feeling from her. I'm sure she's incredibly over worked given how popular Dr. Shapiro is but I guess from the nurses stand point I was hoping for a warmer feeling. Cossandra is the care coordinator and I really like her! Although you do have to wait for a return call, I find it easiest just to shoot her an email and she gets right back to me. I had to have some paperwork filled out for work to make sure I didn't get fired for the time off I had to take and she make sure everything was handled.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Overall I have no complaints about the clinic itself. I wish it was a little bit cheaper obviously but no problems! The billing department was probably the most friendly department I was able to speak with, aside from the surgery staff.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RBA.
Without the cost of medications, about $23,000
Dr. Shapiro and his clinic only transfer one embryo at a time due to risk of multiples.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
One time, one of the other nurses advised me that my follicles were bigger than they actually were. No biggie but I did get a little prematurely excited.
2013 - 2019, Successful
Scott Slayden takes an extraordinary amount of time with his patients. He listens, he talks with you as an informed patient who has a huge stake in their treatment, he offers up different solutions and paths to consider, and, above all, he is kind, compassionate, and caring while not sugar-coating the truth of the situation. He delivers news in a gentle, straightforward manner that gives you hope while also keeping a grasp on the reality of the difficult circumstances.
Their [RBA] absolute strength is the excellence of the embryo lab and it’s director, Dr. Nagy. It is world-class and has incredible results. Their multiple Atlanta-area locations are also a big plus. They are very willing to coordinate care with out-of-state patients. At one point, I was out-of-state and they were willing to have me do as much of the testing and monitoring possible with my local Dr before traveling to be seen at their location. During retrieval rounds this helped a lot.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
I recommend Dr. Slayden every chance I get. He is very smart, up on the latest news, trends, and treatments, but not afraid to reach back to something tried-and-true if it might help the patient. I was a patient with a lot of complications, that kept getting worse. He was always kind, encouraging, helpful, and compassionate. More importantly, he is EXCELLENT at his job. He seems to enjoy the challenge of a patient who is not cookie-cutter and he has an amazing success rate. He is willing to go outside the box, willing to listen to patient’s ideas, will discuss different options at length, and will fight for a patient to have success. He stuck with us when other doctors may have given up or told us to stop trying. We regularly thank God for him. I recommended him to my best friend after she had failed attempts with an out-of-state clinic. I believed in his care so absolutely that I convinced her to travel to see him. And it was the right decision that resulted in a beautiful baby.
Even if you don’t live locally to his office, it is more than worth it to travel to be under his care. He is very willing to manage out-of-state patients. He is worth it.
I had had a failed fresh transfer cycle at another clinic and transferred to Dr. Slayden upon the recommendation of several friends who had had success with him. He recommended being strategic and aggressive with getting the most eggs and embryos possible, as quickly as possible. I had a very low ovarian reserve and had only 4 eggs retrieved at my first cycle with the first clinic, with a failed transfer of the one resulting embryo. He wanted to back-to-back retrieval rounds to get as many embryos as possible, freeze them, and then do a frozen transfer when my body was as ready as possible. We did that, got many more embryos, and then did a day-3 transfer that resulted in a pregnancy that unfortunately later miscarried. While my body healed from the miscarriage, we did another retrieval and froze all embryos to add more to the “bank”. We did another frozen transfer but my lining wouldn’t prep correctly, so we cancelled that, and he tried multiple rounds of different therapies and medications to help get my lining to respond. We attempted a “natural” transfer with a frozen embryo, timing it to my body’s cycle. That resulted in a good lining, but a chemical pregnancy. We took a break, attempted another frozen embryo transfer with a natural cycle and got our miracle boy. We had 3 more frozen transfers after him, all with “natural” protocols that times it to my body’s cycle (which doesn’t always work with the lab’s schedule, or our schedule, and we had to try different cycles before they would line up, but Slayden was willing to go that extra mile to get us our babies). That resulted in our daughter, and current healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
All of RBA staff are kind and compassionate, take time with their patients, and have genuine joy and heartache for you. I have not had a single bad experience.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Their absolute strength is the excellence of the embryo lab and it’s director, Dr. Nagy. It is world-class and has incredible results. Their multiple Atlanta-area locations are also a big plus. They are very willing to coordinate care with out-of-state patients. At one point, I was out-of-state and they were willing to have me do as much of the testing and monitoring possible with my local Dr before traveling to be seen at their location. During retrieval rounds this helped a lot.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Over $100,000 because of multiple rounds of IVF, frozen transfers, surgeries, etc.
Sandy Springs
Clinic [RBA] seems to really value each patient as an individual vs a number. Weakness- i think they could do some upgrades to their facility and accommodations for patients in waiting area but I really do not think the clinic has any true clinical or relationship weaknesses.... Labwork- roughly 500 for spouse and I HSG-roughly 2000 IVF round- 15,500 Embry Tranfer- 4500 per transfer Meds- 4-5000 ( IVF cycle 3000 plus embryo transfer prep- mine were 5700) Additional Visits- 150 per visit
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Dr. Rubin greeted my husband and I as people instead of patients. She introduced herself by her first name and really seemed to make a connection with us on a personal level. Due to our concern with our diagnosis, we saw her multiple times prior to making a decision on a treatment plan and those visits were more like therapy than clinical. She shared her personal beliefs and then discussed science. When we went into the retrieval, I was panicked about a low projected number of follicles the night before the procedure. Dr. Rubin called me at home at 8 pm when I was flipping out (she was not on call) just to reassure both my husband and I. She went above and beyond and made me feel safe in her care. I may need to do additional retrievals and I will only do them under her guidance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Be open to tough discussions- she will give you the information in a straight forward way
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Dr. Rubin introduced herself to us and I knew she was going to treat us as people not a number. She remembered specific details about our lives that were unrelated to our treatment and made it a point to come visit us after our retrieval even though she wasn’t on call. In addition, she called and essentially talked us off the ledge when we almost backed out of Ivf due to fear. She engaged with me on a personal level that was beyond her clinical expectations as a provider. She truly seemed to care about our outcomes as a couple instead of statistic. Using her own experience with egg freezing, she was able to make a connection with me on a level beyond that of another RE.
Describe the protocols Jessica Rubin used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Initial worktop was diagnostic labs for my husband and I, HSG for tubal testing, and follow up saline sonogram. IVF for unexplained infertility. Ultrasounds starting on day 5 of Protocol cycle- every other day until retrieval. Retrieval day 14. CoQ10 recommenced for egg quality. Meds- Gonal 5-150 mg at bedtime, HCG in am (10 mcg for egg quality) for entire cycle. Add Cetrotide daily staring on day 7 to prevent ovulation.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Clinic seems to really value each patient as an individual vs a number. Weakness- i think they could do some upgrades to their facility and accommodations for patients in waiting area but I really do not think the clinic has any true clinical or relationship weaknesses. Overall, a great experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at RBA.
Describe Jessica Rubin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Only single embryo transfer. Statistical evidence that proves that single embryo transfer produces higher success rates and safer pregnancies and outcomes for mom and baby
Jessica Rubin
Piedmont

Dr Shapiro was very direct- which my husband and I appreciated. He was clear in our treatment and was quick to adjust our treatment so that I didn't have to abandon our cycle. There were points in our treatment that I felt frustrated how many times I had to go into the office but looking back I am glad I was monitored so closely and it led to success.... have PCOS and was initially prescribed Provera and Clomid to have a cycle because I don't ovulate on my own.
The phone system is a little bit complicated. You have to call and leave a VM and wait for someone to get back to you. I understand this approach but there were times that waiting for the return call was very stressful. The office staff and billing teams were friendly and easy to work with...I was treated very well while going to RBA. The doctors and the office staff were responsive and kind when communicating about treatment.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
If you are looking for a doctor who is warm and fuzzy Dr. Shapiro might not be for you. If you want direct, quick and sort of quirky Dr. Shapiro is right for you!
I have PCOS and was initially prescribed Provera and Clomid to have a cycle because I don't ovulate on my own. That cycle did not work. The second cycle I was given Provera and clomid and then injections of Follistim. I was monitored very closely on the Follistim, ultra sounds and blood work every 2 days (at the time this was very overwhelming) but we were able to closely track my cycle and determine the best time for IUI which in my case was cycle day 23. My cycle was successful. In hindsight all the appointments were 100% worth it and I appreciated Dr. Shapiro's attention to detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Kelly & Kelly)
Overall the nursing staff was great. There was some minor confusion at the start of my cycle but it was quickly resolved and my treatment did not need to be changed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
We have great insurance so it was mostly covered.

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
There are honestly no weaknesses with Dr. Best or the [RBA] Marietta office. Everyone there is spectacular. The main office in Sandy Springs is busy so you feel a bit more like a number, but everyone there was kind and easy to work with. Probably my only big complaint is the cost, but I think that is pretty standard when it comes to IVF.... Julie was my friend, psychologist, nurse and cheerleader through the process. I had zero understanding of this process and had never even given anyone an injection.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
My husband and I opted for assisted reproduction after an unexplained miscarriage and inability to get pregnant again. Dr. Best listened to our story with compassion and took copious notes on our issues. She ordered every test in her "arsenal" to try and help us figure out what was going on. She explained the results of the tests and then explained our options (IVF v IUI, etc). I can honestly say that I enjoyed every appointment with her and actually looked forward to seeing her (something I can't say about most doctor visits). She kept my hopes up and was there for me during the difficult moments as well. She is a model doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at RBA?
To be completely open and honest with Dr. Best about your fears and expectations and concerns. I had concerns about having a trisomy baby due to my age and Dr. Best reviewed with me how we could handle such a situation if it arose. She also had referrals to other doctors I could speak with (MFM's). If money is an issue, let her know and she will try to work out a treatment plan within your budget.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best is one of the best doctors I've ever worked with. From the first moment we met with her, she was warm, she listened, addressed our issues and explained our options in a very clear and concise manner. She has called me on weekends and I even have her cell number (though I try not to use it!)
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I can't remember the exact protocol used, but the first egg retrieval produced a disappointing three eggs so we banked those and did another retrieval that resulted in 12 more eggs! Using ICSI, we then created 12 embryos which we froze until I was ready for a transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Julie was my friend, psychologist, nurse and cheerleader through the process. I had zero understanding of this process and had never even given anyone an injection. She taught me how to inject the meds and how to make it less painful. She gave me samples when I was running out of meds and she was just awesome to work with.
Describe your experience with RBA.
There are honestly no weaknesses with Dr. Best or the Marietta office. Everyone there is spectacular. The main office in Sandy Springs is busy so you feel a bit more like a number, but everyone there was kind and easy to work with. Probably my only big complaint is the cost, but I think that is pretty standard when it comes to IVF. It's not cheap!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
We spent about $40,000 for two egg retrievals, three embryo transfers and this includes medicine.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
This was something I agonized over quite a bit. Dr. Best was good at showing me the ASRM standard for number of embryos transferred due to age, but she listened to my concern about multiples and helped me reach an informed decision each time on how many embryos to transfer.

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Toledo is warm and caring. He always comments on things in my life we’ve talked about in the past, I’m sure he doesn’t remember, he probably makes notes and then reviews his notes before our appointments BUT he takes the time to do that. He’s caring and compassionate. When my beta came back negative he called me himself and talked to me while I cried. He’s simply the best.
It’s a big clinic [RBA-Sandy Springs]. Things run smoothly and I’ve never had issues with billing or scheduling but I know some people are turned off by that big box feel. It doesn’t bother me. The admin assistant at the front is amazing. So kind and warm. The lab and ultrasound techs are also kind and compassionate. I always leave feeling happy.... Dr. Toledo’s main nurse, Krista, is amazing. She never seemed bothered by my calls or questions and she was kind and compassionate. He had another nurse or assistant, I don’t remember her name, who is also ok, but not quite as warm as Krista. But she wasn’t mean and she got the job done, just not with that warm fuzzy feeling. His NP is also great!
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Like I said before, he’s warm and compassionate. He is friendly and funny. He takes the times to answer questions and doesn’t make me feel rushed. When the first plan didn’t work he made a new one. He’s open to things I suggest or ask about.
Write down your questions ahead of time. Write down his answers. Know that once treatment starts you won’t see him frequently but he does look at what’s happening and have his nurse call with the recommendations and changes.
We did a cycle with follistim and ganirelix. I don’t remember dosages but do know that my dose never changed from the starting dose bc I responded well. They retrieved 19 eggs but only 8 were mature. Six fertilized with ICSI and one of the immature eggs did fertilize in the dish overnight. On day 3 the embryos looked good and they pushed me back to a day 5 transfer. On day 5 all the embryos had stalled in the day 4 stage so we transferred 2. Unfortunately, we didn’t get pregnant and the remaining 5 embryos died in the lab the day after transfer.
Describe your experience with RBA.
It’s a big clinic. Things run smoothly and I’ve never had issues with billing or scheduling but I know some people are turned off by that big box feel. It doesn’t bother me. The admin assistant at the front is amazing. So kind and warm. The lab and ultrasound techs are also kind and compassionate. I always leave feeling happy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
We had some insurance coverage so paid a deposit of about $3000 and about $2500 for meds. We also did two IUIs. We submitted one to insurance and maybe paid a couple hundred dollars out of pocket for that but I can’t remember exactly. The second one we paid for ourselves and it was probably about $2-3000
Sandy Springs

He [Dr. Shapiro] is filled with knowledge about his profession. I felt hopeful and at peace each time we left his office. He gives 100% of himself to his patients. He answers any and all questions thoroughly. I wouldn’t trust anyone more with the future of growing our family than I do him.... I was given instructions to avoid alcohol and hot tubs before and after my IUIs. This prevents a rise in my body temperature potentially putting my inseminations at risk. He put me on an antibiotic to take Agee the IUIs to avoid any potential infection since the uterus is sterile and that barrier was crossed with the IUI process.
The nursing staff is excellent! They return all calls within the same day, spend time goingover results with you in person and on the phone if I call with questions. They show professionalism, love, and compassion every time I step in the office.... There are no weaknesses at RBA. This clinic is wonderful. The office staff, nurses, and doctors simply are amazing. I feel welcome and cared for each time I step in and out of that office. This office has made our process if unexplained infertility much easier with their love and care!
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He is filled with knowledge about his profession. I felt hopeful and at peace each time we left his office. He gives 100% of himself to his patients. He answers any and all questions thoroughly. I wouldn’t trust anyone more with the future of growing our family than I do him. He is a contributing factor to my mother in law’s IVF transfer which resulted in the live birth of my husband! He is a wonderful doctor!
Trust him wholeheartedly over any article or research you read, he knows exactly what he is doing.
He gives 100% of his time to his patients. Answers and elaborates on the treatment process. Answers all our questions thoroughly.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nursing staff is excellent! They return all calls within the same day, spend time goingover results with you in person and on the phone if I call with questions. They show professionalism, love, and compassion every time I step in the office. They want my treatment to be a success just as much as I do and they provide me 100% of their time always.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Unexplained infertility is not covered under insurance. We have spent an estimated $5,000 in bloodwork, ultrasounds, IUIs, and consults.
He is the professional when it comes to any and all fertility treatments. Having suffered two miscarriages naturally, now under his care I know he knows what is best for my body and the potential risks that come with multiple transfers. I trust him 100% in his approach to eSET.
Sandy Springs

Dr. Toledo has the best bed side manners I have encountered with a doctor.... the most compassionate doctor we have came across. He was very good at explaining the process and showed he truly cared as he was talking to us about our options.... I had a different doctor conducting my egg retrieval, hysteroscopy and then finally had Dr. Toledo conduct my embryo transfer.
Overall, I enjoyed coming into RBA. The front desk staff was always friendly and willing to help in any way they could. Strengths-Friendly, Good Communication, Great group of Doctors and Nurses Weaknesses-Paying for parking every time, Cost, Uncertainty... It was hard to get a grip of contacting the nurse team when I had a question at the beginning. Calling them is impossible. I learned soon after emailing my two primary nurses was the best way to get any of my questions answered.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo is the most compassionate doctor we have came across. He was very good at explaining the process and showed he truly cared as he was talking to us about our options. My husband and I had a male factor infertility and he showed us that he cared and felt bad that I had to go through the medication and shots. He really showed his fatherly side when he truly felt bad that the woman had to go through everything regarding our situation. Dr. Toledo explained things thoroughly but it was hard to keep track of the language during the infertility process. He always explained when we asked so we were glad he took the time to talk to us in detail every time.
Don't be afraid to ask your questions. You are paying a lot of money, you have the right to clarify all of the details.
Dr. Toledo has the best bed side manners I have encountered with a doctor. He treated my husband and I like a true patient. He did pronounce my name wrong though.
First we went in for our IVF consult. We then had some factors checked out with the in house urologist. We then started the IVF Egg Retrieval Protocol. I took Lupron and Gonal F. I went in every few days for an ultra sound and some blood work. My estrogen level was out of this roof close to 6000. They found a fibroid or a Polyp so I had to do a frozen 5 day transfer as they said my uterine lining wasnt thick enough to hold the baby. I didnt have my egg retrieval until 14 days later. I also had a hysteroscopy done to remove the fibroid...which they discovered was only a polyp. That was good but also frustrating as I felt this could have been done closer to the time they discovered something was not right rather than closer to the transfer time. I had a different doctor conducting my egg retrieval, hysteroscopy and then finally had Dr. Toledo conduct my embryo transfer. I made sure it was Dr. Toledo. This is the frustrating part about an infertility clinic since there are lots of doctors on staff and their schedules and on call schedules are already set while your schedule is so unpredictable as every women is different with the protocol. Prior to the egg retrieval I had to take a baby aspirin, pre-natal vitamin, vaginal progestrone twice a day and estradiol patches every three days. All the medication put me on a very regimented schedule for 4 months! He did say if we were to do this again he would change the protocol and take out lupron and use another drug.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Krista and Lindsey)
It was hard to get a grip of contacting the nurse team when I had a question at the beginning. Calling them is impossible. I learned soon after emailing my two primary nurses was the best way to get any of my questions answered. They were very quick to answer when I emailed them. They were always on top of it. Krista and Lindsey were my go to nurses during the process. I enjoyed working with them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
Initially our cost was $10,000 where insurance paid 80% of it. Then, my insurance changed and nothing was covered. We then paid $4300 out of pocket for the Hysteroscopy. We paid $5000 out of pocket for the Frozen Transfer and $270 out of pocket for my HCG, Progestrone, Estradiol levels 10 days after the transfer. We also paid $6000 out of pocket for medication. We started with Aetna PPO then had Kaiser HMO. Kaiser didn't cover anything.
Dr. Toledo mentioned since I am little in stature and for the health of the mom to be and the baby it is safer to just have one embryo transfer. My husband and I agreed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
I went in for what I thought was a Endometrial scratching. I asked the doctor who was about to complete this if he had taken a look at my latest ultra sound. He was unaware as the nurse team didnt double check and sent me in the doctors office to complete the scratch. I mentioned this to the doctor and he talked to the nurse team and decided he wanted to do an Hysterosalpingogram - HSG. I was fine with this as he double checked before conducting my scratch but at the same time I already completed one of these in July at my other clinic where the doctor saw the fibroid/polyp. RBA had these documents but didnt do much with it. Overall this was a frustrating appointment.

2014 - 2018, Successful
During a Follicle check, [Dr. Slayden] determined I had too many to proceed with an IUI cycle. This was such a big deal because my egg reserve is so low...he did not want me to lose my eggs and strongly recommend IVF. The decision to transfer to an IVF cycle was not easy...He gave me hope, he gave me support, he gave me a sweet little boy.
The first thing I noticed about [RBA] was parking was not free but thank God they validated it for you...clean and easy to navigate...operates with a level of privacy which I found comforting...accommodating to working women and men with appointments beginning as early as 7:20am...I can’t say enough about how much I love this office.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
I always knew I wanted to be a mother, so I was completely devastated after my first miscarriage in 2013 and again in 2014. It was at that moment that I knew that I needed answers, and not just from books or online, but from a licensed professional. I chose Dr. Slayden for a number of reasons but ultimately I believe it was his confidence, knowledge, and gentleness that sealed the deal for me. And I needed that because I was completely lost emotionally. I expressed my strong desire to become a mother and Dr. Slayden was thorough and honest with me and my husband about our challenges. He gave us several fertility options but it never felt like he was trying to sell us. While he was in favor of IVF because of the success rate, he also understood the cost associated with this procedure so he recommended more cost effective approaches. In 2015, my husband and I decided to try and treat our infertility with IUI. I was excited but nervous. But what I loved about Dr. Slayden is he did not give us false hope. He was honest, but not brutal, about our chances and when my pregnancy test was negative he encouraged me not to lose faith. I think that’s what kept me going because for me, some days were really hard but I knew I had a doctor committed to my dream. In 2017, we tried IUI again but this time the results were different. During a Follicle check, he determined I had too many to proceed with an IUI cycle. This was such a big deal because my egg reserve is so low. And still committed to my dream, he did not want me to lose my eggs and strongly recommend IVF. The decision to transfer to an IVF cycle was not easy but after, what felt like an hour call with Dr. Slayden, I was convinced and completely optimistic. One thing that always stands out to me about Dr. Slayden was a conversation he had with me and my husband. My husband asked what are chances were of getting pregnant via IVF and Dr. Slayden answered by saying it’s either 0% or 100%. And I just loved this because he had faith when mine had wavered. He gave me hope, he gave me support, he gave me a sweet little boy born 5/22/2018.
I have actually recommended Dr. Slayden to other women who dreamed of becoming mothers but could not do it naturally. I always tell them to never give up. That even if it does not work at first, to hang in there. To not lose hope. That Dr. Slayden will do everything he can to give you what you are desiring.
Dr.slayden and his entire staff goes above and beyond for their patience. Not only did everyone in the clinic know me by my name, but after every visit, Dr. Slayden always took time to speak to me and answer any questions I had. He spoke to me warmly but honestly. He was sad when I was sad. He was excited when I was excited. This interaction and emotions can only occur when you are treated like a human.
I understood what IVF was but that was all. I learned so much from Dr. Slayden that I’ve often considered a career change from management to an IVF consultant. I struggled with a thin uterine lining so Dr. Slayden took this into consideration When writing my protocol. Instead of clomid, he prescribed follistim. After my egg retrieval came the hard part. Every single day I took L Arganine, female viagra, vitamin E, baby aspirin and progesterone. He also performed a procedure to scratch my uterus. This was done to Increase my chances of success. And last by not least, I did an estrogen injection, with the longest needle in the world, every 3 days. On September 4, 2017 i did my embryo transfer and 2 weeks later I was pregnant. I continued to take baby asprin and estrogen until I graduated at 12 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy)
I loved Kimmy. Of course when going through something like this, you often prefer the doctor treat you but after meeting Kimmy, that changed. Kimmy had twins born via IVF. Kimmy was nice, funny, gentle, forthcoming and sympathetic. These are hard qualities for 1 person to have but she operated with empathy because she understood what this meant to me. I was always nervous before every single appointment but I felt better the moment I walked through the door. Their front desk coordinator, Heather was friendly and I just loved that she knew me by my name. I can’t say enough about how much I love this office. After I had my son I had the opportunity to take him to the clinic and I just thanked every single person for helping me in some way. Sometimes it was words of encouragement and other times it was a friendly smile.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I visited the Lawrenceville location as it was closer to my house. The first thing I noticed about this location was parking was not free but thank God they validated it for you. The clinic is clean and easy to navigate. This clinic also operates with a level of privacy which I found comforting. They are also very accommodating to working women and men with appointments beginning as early as 7:20am. This was a huge deal to me since I knew it was going to be difficult to juggle work and appointments. However, for me the biggest weakness was this office is located on the 3rd floor and I’m really scared of elevators.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Unfortunately, I don’t remember everything. Before I began my IVZf treatment, they got me in tough with their finance department who went thoroughly went through everything with me. My total cost of the procedure with medicine and testing was close to 30k
N/A. I performed PGS testing but only had 1 genetically viable embryo o transfer.
Lawrenceville
[RBA] Strengths: Truly want to see you succeed. They are very friendly!.. They communicate in a timely fashion and never hesitate to answer questions or concerns. The billing department is on the ball with what you need to know, prices, and billing questions...I could not ask for a better nursing staff. They are always responding to all our questions by the end of the day, even if more than one email was sent. If it was easier to call and discuss, they would.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
From the moment my husband and I met with Dr. Shapiro, there was an instant connection. He treated us like real people. Real people going through a not so great time in our lives. We never felt rushed to leave the office when talking with him. He always made sure that we knew the course of action being taken and why. If there was something I or my husband didn't understand, he would explain it again in a different way. If something didn't work to his liking, he'd tweak the protocol. If he was stumped as to why we couldn't get pregnant, he would schedule an appointment with us, bring food, and make sure we went through everything with a fine toothed comb. He'd even text or call to check on us during retrievals, after transfers, or while waiting to things to happen. My experience with Dr. Shapiro has been one of the best when dealing with a doctor.
Trust him. He knows what he's doing!
The moment I walked in, there was always a smiling face to welcome me. The staff know my name, know about our last conversations we had, gave hugs when news wasn't always the best, hugs when news was good, always positive, and always concerned with feelings and emotions.
For the retrievals, I was put on Gonal F, low dose HCG, and Lupron. Each was tweaked after each round to try and get the best possible number of eggs. For the transfers, Estrace, Crinone, and estrogen patches were used each time. After each failed transfer, the protocol was also tweaked. Part of this was due to my having a thin lining. With the tweaking, my uterine lining continued to thicken each time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: 1) Ashely 2) Jennifer 3) Tamika)
I could not ask for a better nursing staff. They are always responding to all our questions by the end of the day, even if more than one email was sent. If it was easier to call and discuss, they would. In the office, they would spend as much time as needed with us to go over protocols and questions. They too, are always compassionate! I know I'm not just a number to them, but a human being when I meet with them. They truly want to get to know you and they don't mind you getting to know them. It feels like my favorite place when I am with them.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strengths: Truly want to see you succeed. They are very friendly! They will talk about their lives and open up if you chose to open up about your life. They know you by name and face. They are always respectful, kind, and compassionate. They communicate in a timely fashion and never hesitate to answer questions or concerns. The billing department is on the ball with what you need to know, prices, and billing questions. Weaknesses: there was a time when the group was changing ownership. During this period, things were a little rocky. However, when we stated our concerns, things were dealt with immediately.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Our insurance did not provide payment for services. The cycles cost around $14,000 and embryo freezing/genetic testing cost around $2000 for a package, unlimited for 6 mo. I believe. This has also changed a bit since new ownership.
None. Completely trusted him.
Sandy Springs
Dr. Best has been through IVF herself and took the time to share with me how she understands going through infertility. She made me feel comfortable through the whole process. She’s actually the only doctor that found the issue with my husband and I because she took her time and didnt rush through the testing!... I did two IUI prior to Dr. Best so when we went to her I wanted to try timed intercourse to see if my eggs would even respond and they finally did. We did clomid 100 and a trigger shot and both cycles I had 4 and 6 follicles!!
Strengths: great success rates, many offices [RBA Marietta] so it’s convenient, very knowledgeable drs and nurses Weakness sometimes it can take a little while to get an appt bc they are busy. The sperm freezes have to be done at one location in Atlanta and the latest you can do it is 9 am so that is inconvenient if you live for away like we do.... All nurses are very caring and helpful! They always email me back if I have questions within a few hours!
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
I’ve never felt more comfortable with a dr. She told me at my first visit with her to put all the stress on her and for me to relax and I’ve honestly done that for once. I trust Dr. Best because she knows what it’s like to have infertility problems and I know she’s going to help us start a family! She’s very patient and answers all questions and I always leave understanding what our next step is.
Make sure you have your past history all printed out, it helps to have it there to look at when you’re going over what’s next.
I did two IUI prior to Dr. Best so when we went to her I wanted to try timed intercourse to see if my eggs would even respond and they finally did. We did clomid 100 and a trigger shot and both cycles I had 4 and 6 follicles!! We didn’t get pregnant unfortunately because we later found out my husband has a morphology issue so we are seeing the male specialist now and hoping to improve sperm quality and then go back to iui or ivf!
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strengths: great success rates, many offices so it’s convenient, very knowledgeable drs and nurses Weakness sometimes it can take a little while to get an appt bc they are busy. The sperm freezes have to be done at one location in Atlanta and the latest you can do it is 9 am so that is inconvenient if you live for away like we do. (1.5 hours)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
Consult is $250, hsg was around $700 I think, sperm freeze was $650, ultrasounds around $200, husbands ultrasound was $510, IUI is around $1700, IVF starts at $14,500
I haven’t gotten this far yet.
Marietta
I saw Monica Best beginning of January 2018 after switching clinics. We had a wonderful first consultation where we went over everything that took place during my previous cycles as well as what she would suggest we do moving forward. ... Dr. Best handled this horrible situation with care and compassion but always made sure to tell me the risks involved and 6 month monitoring during this process.
RBA is at the cutting edge of research in the field....but there is still no consistent use of any type of electronic medical record systems. Everything is sent through secure email or by phone. If you travel between offices your physical records are transferred by carrier - keep this in mind if you get bloodwork at a different location than your care team is located - it can cause a delay.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
I saw Monica Best beginning of January 2018 after switching clinics. We had a wonderful first consultation where we went over everything that took place during my previous cycles as well as what she would suggest we do moving forward. Before being able to start treatment I ended up pregnant with what ended up being a molar pregnancy. Dr. Best handled this horrible situation with care and compassion but always made sure to tell me the risks involved and 6 month monitoring during this process. After my HCG hit negative we were able to begin preliminary testing for an egg retrieval cycle with protocol suggested. This was as far we got before she left the practice.
She is no longer practicing at this clinic but if you find her at another clinic she is amazing! The best choice of doctor in the Atlanta area.
Dr. Best always had the perfect balance of compassion and scientific facts to back up her reasoning.
For treatment of Molar pregnancy I had a next day D&C followed by weekly blood draws until my HCG hit negative followed by monthly negatives for six months to ensure HCG did not rise again. We also performed an SHG and routine genetic testing as well as infectious disease screening before starting an IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Nursing staff was always quick and efficient in answering calls and emails.
Sandy Springs
Dr. Toledo always addressed us by our names and has a great bedside manner. He understands how hard this process is and is upfront but also compassionate. ... We are now testing the remaining embryo, not on Dr. Toledo's recommendation but because I have had 2 miscarriages consecutively and cannot fathom going through that process again. ... He is a great doctor who cares and wants to help in any way
It was relatively easy to get appointments, the lab staff [RBA] were friendly as well as the front desk and check-out personnel. My appointments were usually on time which was nice. The surgical staff were very kind as well. ... I was informed my AMH level was 0.4 when it was really 0.8. When I called back to get clarification, they did not recall or have any records of the 0.4.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo was upfront when things were not going as well as expected. He laid out a clear plan of what our next steps were and provided us with sound and logical information. He always was kind and open to discussion regarding what we were comfortable with.
He is a great doctor who cares and wants to help in any way. He is also very open to what your wants and needs are and bases his recommendations on that information.
We decided based on how many embryos were produced if we were going to genetically test them or not. If there were 3 or less embryos, we were not going to test them and take our chances. We ended up with 2 embryos so we did not test them and transferred 1 embryo in July 2018 that resulted in pregnancy and ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Looking back I wished I had gone ahead with genetic testing. We are now testing the remaining embryo, not on Dr. Toledo's recommendation but because I have had 2 miscarriages consecutively and cannot fathom going through that process again.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nurses were easy to reach via email or by calling. I had a few nurses who responded, mainly 2 that seem to work for Dr. Toledo. I would not say the nurses are very compassionate but they answer your questions and communicate to Dr. Toledo as needed.
Describe your experience with RBA.
It was relatively easy to get appointments, the lab staff were friendly as well as the front desk and check-out personnel. My appointments were usually on time which was nice. The surgical staff were very kind as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
$14000 for first egg retrieval, additional 6-8K for meds, $4k for transfer.
Dr. Toledo and my husband and I decided for eSET due to the fact we have had a previous successful pregnancy (my 2 year old) and that multiples for me could be high risk since I am a petite person and complications could be high if I had multiples. Also we discussed that we knew we wanted 1 more child, but we were not sure if we wanted a total of 3 children.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
I was informed my AMH level was 0.4 when it was really 0.8. When I called back to get clarification, they did not recall or have any records of the 0.4. However, my husband and I were both certain they told us the 0.4 number.