1800 Northside Forsyth Drive
Atlanta, GA 30309
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Rubin is an amazing doctor and makes me feel comfortable and she makes me feel like I matter. From the first time I sat in her office she has always made me feel welcomed and safe. She was very supportive during each cycle even the one positive pregnancy I had that ended in death. I recommend Dr. Rubin to all my friends...If you want to feel safe and feel like you matter Dr. Rubin should be your doctor.
RBA’s strengths focus on ensuring the patient is aware of what procedure will happen, how it will happen, and follow up is great. The financial office is not as informative about what is owed. I may come in for one cycle and do the ultrasound and not be charged and the next cycle I am asked for payment. It can become confusing. I’m not sure if I had a credit or what...The clinical team is very responsive and informative. Always professional and available to answer questions.
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Rubin at RBA?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Dr. Rubin truly cares about her patients. After the passing of my son who was born 8/9/21 and passed the next day 8/10/21 she has been very empathetic and very supportive on trying to get me to a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Callie )
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at RBA.
IUI in 2021 was about $350 and I can’t remember how much ultrasound was IUI in 2022 is about $475 and I paid $215 for ultrasound Storage is $200
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
I was told when insurance was verified that my insurance would cover the IVF and when it came time to start a cycle I was told different information. I was prepared to pay the discussed amount of almost $6000 but once I received that news it was disappointing and I did t have $20,000 to pay.

2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Toledo] has a caring and warm personality and makes you feel well taken care of while under his care. He was available and thorough when studying past histories of my husband and me. We felt like he had been treating us for years from the initial consultation...antagonist IVF cycle...he explained to us that his recommendation would be to transfer multiple embryos if the first round is unsuccessful (as a secondary option). But, he also mentioned that the choice is completely ours to make....
The nursing staff [at RBA] is always very responsive. They have always responded to me the same day I have sent in messages. The nurses that I have spoken to on the phone have always been compassionate and caring...would recommend that they invest in a different patient portal system. The one that they currently use is not very user friendly and seems to be a bit unorganized. The messaging system is a one way messaging, and if communication is going back and forth, I think an upgrade is due. But other than that, the clinic does a fantastic job...
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Doctor Toledo has a passion for caring for his patients. He has a caring and warm personality and makes you feel well taken care of while under his care. He was available and thorough when studying past histories of my husband and me. We felt like he had been treating us for years from the initial consultation. After meeting with him, we had a renewed sense of hope to conceive after facing years of challenges with infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
I do not have a piece of advice specific to Dr.Toledo himself... But the patient portal that they use does not have a feature to reply to messages. It is basically a one way messaging portal. So, anytime I need to respond to messages, I have to create a new message and tag it in the subject line as "replying to:(name)" because it begins a new thread. This can create a barrier in communicating between doctors/nurses and patients. Using a patient portal that allows two way messaging could potentially make communication more clear.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
During our initial consultation with Dr.Toledo, we felt like he had been treating us for years. He took the time to really study our histories and we felt comfortable discussing our backgrounds with him. He was very open and warm spirited when getting to know us (even though we felt like he already knew us).
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
My treatment with Dr.Toledo is an antagonist IVF cycle. I am in the process of being prescribed 3 injections for about a 1.5-2 weeks. One injection is to stimulate the ovaries, another injection is for preventing premature release of the eggs, and the third is a trigger shot to release the follicles at the right time so that they may be retrieved. We plan to fertilize the retrieved eggs and freeze. When it is time, we will do a frozen embryo transfer and I will be administered medications to help create the optimum uterine conditions for the transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nursing staff is always very responsive. They have always responded to me the same day I have sent in messages. The nurses that I have spoken to on the phone have always been compassionate and caring. When things got stressful and overwhelming, their helpful manner was encouraging.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strengths: The nursing staff is very caring which will make the clinic as a whole stand out in a very good way. The doctors are like no other. After years under the care of my gyno trying to help us conceive, the doctors at RBA clinic are amazing with knowledge, patient care, and treatment planning. Weaknesses: I think I would recommend that they invest in a different patient portal system. The one that they currently use is not very user friendly and seems to be a bit unorganized. The messaging system is a one way messaging, and if communication is going back and forth, I think an upgrade is due. But other than that, the clinic does a fantastic job!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
There were several options explained to us about the costs of IVF. Our financial consultant explained pricing with all of the options that we could choose from. It was all about what worked best for us. My husband and I liked the Bundl deals that were presented to us, and we actually ended up doing the level 2 one which included 2 retrievals and several transfers within a 36 month time frame. Because we chose the option for a 100% money back guarantee with Bundl, our total costs were $30,900.00. This plan is basically insurance for money back, multiple retrievals and transfers (if needed).
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Absolutely. Dr.T did not tell us that we could NOT transfer multiple embryos, but he did educate us on the chances of the embryos splitting. The odds are higher of them splitting to create twins when you undergo IVF. So he explained to us that his recommendation would be to transfer multiple embryos if the first round is unsuccessful (as a secondary option). But, he also mentioned that the choice is completely ours to make.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
This is not necessarily a complaint for the clinic because I do not believe the fault was theirs... But my labs were lost for our prescreen bloodwork. I truly believe that LabCorp sent our samples to the wrong location of RBA. It was actually my clinic who did the work to hunt them down and locate them.

2015 - 2022, Unknown Success
I have been with Dr. Shapiro for several years and have experienced a variety of outcomes, both good and bad, and setbacks along the way. He always clearly explains every step and is willing to go into as much or as little detail as you'd like...Would not do multiples...[he] not only knows the science but the emotional impact
Wait times [at RBA] are generally very low, which is great. Lots of flexibility for early morning appts. Patient portal is easiest way to communicate. They are typically very busy for new patients, but once you get in they are very accommodating. Phlebotomists are awesome...[nurses are] Very responsive over patient portal. Really difficult to get on the phone. Otherwise, really kind and tries hard to get the answers you need.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He can be quirky at times, so just go with it and appreciate a good laugh.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shapiro is the kindest, most caring doctor. He is incredibly invested in your health and outcomes and not only knows the science but the emotional impact.
Describe the protocols Daniel Shapiro used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Agonist protocol for egg retrievals. Estrogen/progesterone for transfers
Describe your experience with RBA.
Wait times are generally very low, which is great. Lots of flexibility for early morning appts. Patient portal is easiest way to communicate. They are typically very busy for new patients, but once you get in they are very accommodating. Phlebotomists are awesome.
~$30,000
Describe Daniel Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Would not do multiples.

2019 - 2021, 15 Eggs Frozen
As a patient younger than 40 and older than 35, I was told the best treatment plan is to transfer a single embryo...Dr. Scott Slayden was very understanding of my questions and my concerns pertaining to my egg retrieval. If I needed to schedule an appt to see him, he would find the time to accommodate my schedule to get that going, whether it was in person or on a virtual appointment...I felt like I was treated like a human because there were consistency in the communication about how I would feel and what I needed to do if I felt uncomfortable in any way during the process
There were some discrepancies [at RBA] with when my procedure would take place and what the insurance would cover. I had a designated nurse/nurses who assisted my planning or communication of my medications and when to make the changes...The worst thing about the office is the phones and people answering the phones. As a patient, I found it to be very frustrating not being able to get a hold of clinician or staff when you need assistance with your medication or need to communicate to the team in reference to your care
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Scott Slayden was very understanding of my questions and my concerns pertaining to my egg retrieval. If I needed to schedule an appt to see him, he would find the time to accommodate my schedule to get that going, whether it was in person or on a virtual appointment. He truly had confidence in my case and his expectations were high and it turned out to be amazing results for me. On the day of surgery he made me feel comfortable and at ease letting me know that it was going to be ok and the procedure it self was approximately 30 minutes and before I knew it, I was in the recovery room waking up to my boyfriend (future husband), and Dr. Scott Slayden by my side making sure I was ok.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
Make sure you understand you understand your procedure because if you do not it would be advised to speak to your doctor about the whole process, which the nurses will be able to assist as well. Know your insurance coverage, and keep track of every single detail of the whole process. Keep records of communication, medication delivery, cost of medication, and take notes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Slayden at RBA?
I felt like I was treated like a human because there were consistency in the communication about how I would feel and what I needed to do if I felt uncomfortable in any way during the process. Elizabeth the nurse always made sure to call me back if I left a message for the team through the portal.
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I was on a standard antagonist IVF protocol treatment. I was on the two main gonadotropins: follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). These hormones can also be synthesized or purified in a laboratory and given by injection as fertility medications. HCG was used to trigger my final egg maturation, then The egg retrieval procedure was scheduled around 36 hours after the trigger shot. Quality control throughout the entire process was very important to me with in vitro fertilization. One of the ways they improve quality control in the program is by using highly specialized ultrasound equipment. When I went in for my scans, I was measured and the follicles were growing as indicated by my scan. When it was close to my procedure, I was so ready for my procedure because I felt so bloated and wanted to burst. I was able to retrieve 20 eggs and froze 15 mature eggs. In summary, my doctor chose this protocol because it is particularly useful for those at high risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth)
Elizabeth the nurse definitely helped me with communication and planning of my appointments. One of the biggest issue I had with the team is the coordinator's communication/ mix up of my procedure which caused some issues with my insurance and authorization for my procedure. There were some discrepancies with when my procedure would take place and what the insurance would cover. I had a designated nurse/nurses who assisted my planning or communication of my medications and when to make the changes.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Very prestige, clean, professional staff, several locations to meet the patients needs, and appointments were very flexible. The worst thing about the office is the phones and people answering the phones. As a patient, I found it to be very frustrating not being able to get a hold of clinician or staff when you need assistance with your medication or need to communicate to the team in reference to your care. I've had to file a couple a complaints with the business manager and it was very hard to deal with the communication and answering of the phones. They should do better with their phones. Its definitely one of their weakness.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RBA.
It was efficient and I had no issues with my monitoring appointments. My technician was thorough and explain the procedure and what would be the next step in the process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
My treatment cost was mostly covered by my insurance and my out of pocket expenses were about 2K.
Describe Scott Slayden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Since my eggs are frozen, I did not have an in depth conversation about the eSET options of transfers. As a patient younger than 40 and older than 35, I was told the best treatment plan is to transfer a single embryo. If I had to pick my options, I would prefer to a multiple embryo transfer to include two embryo transfer. He recommended a single transfer but I would love to have twins and start a family in a shorter period time frame in order to create a sense of a large family.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Communication, inconsistency with insurance and clinical communication, and coordinator not following up appropriately.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Best was always excited about the next steps in my treatment even when it wasn't what we expected...She reviewed my chart carefully as well as listened to my experiences from my previous clinic and miscarriages. She used that information to make sure my next transfer would be successful...Dr. Best's approach was eSet, however, with my age and previous miscarriages I requested two embryo transfers. She agreed.
Multiple locations [RBA] and early morning appointments were great. The staff was friendly. All the various techs from blood taking to ultrasounds to the front desk were great. The primary location was busy but they keep things moving at a good pace...A few times I had to call billings to make sure my claim was submitted but they were very responsive...[nurses were] Very responsive and answered any questions I had or took my questions back to Dr. Best. They would call or email with the answer....
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best was always excited about the next steps in my treatment even when it wasn't what we expected. She treated you like a real person and never was I afraid to ask questions. She reviewed my chart carefully as well as listened to my experiences from my previous clinic and miscarriages. She used that information to make sure my next transfer would be successful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at RBA?
Come prepared with all your questions. She will answer them or get back to you with those answered. She listens well to everything you ask and even comments you make about your concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best always remembered my name and the treatment plan she had set. Always checked on my care and never made me feel like I was not part of the plan.
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I had three surgeries to remove adhesions, however, it was worth it. Dr. Best suggested a natural cycle as I would get pregnant on my own but would miscarry. The protocol was baby aspirin, Lovenox, estrogen, and PIO (both injections and pills).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Dr. Best's nurses were the best. Always were kind and understood the plan Dr. Best had outlined. Very responsive and answered any questions I had or took my questions back to Dr. Best. They would call or email with the answer.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Multiple locations and early morning appointments were great. The staff was friendly. All the various techs from blood taking to ultrasounds to the front desk were great. The primary location was busy but they keep things moving at a good pace.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
My insurance covered most of the care and my co-pays were very reasonable. A few times I had to call billings to make sure my claim was submitted but they were very responsive.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Slayden] met with me and my husband and gave us the time and energy to understand everything...He is a clear communicator, although I am in medicine, and his nurse told me that many people don't understand him, so she went through everything again. There were a couple of comments that were difficult to hear, particularly an analogy of my eggs having rusty rails, but I like that it kicked my partner into gear to say that. His clinic staff have followed up with me comprehensively, even during the coronavirus outbreak. I also liked that he didn't try to mess around with IUI and got right to IVF since I had recurrent pregnancy loss.
clinic staff [at RBA] have followed up with me comprehensively, even during the coronavirus outbreak...[nurses are] Very compassionate, upbeat and comprehensive. Great communication...They also offer a guaranteed baby program starting at $19K, but given my age (37), my estimate, before review by the board, was around $29K...It's a lovely office in a nice building. There were no other patients there before or during our visit (to the best of my knowledge), which was really nice. They practiced excellent sanitary and confidentiality procedures. I was expecting them to draw blood during my first visit, but instead they sent me to Quest. Not a big deal, but it's good to know that they didn't do any diagnostics during the first visit.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
I only met with him once. His clinic and staff are great. He is a clear communicator, although I am in medicine, and his nurse told me that many people don't understand him, so she went through everything again. There were a couple of comments that were difficult to hear, particularly an analogy of my eggs having rusty rails, but I like that it kicked my partner into gear to say that. His clinic staff have followed up with me comprehensively, even during the coronavirus outbreak. I also liked that he didn't try to mess around with IUI and got right to IVF since I had recurrent pregnancy loss.
Bring your partner with you to the appointment, especially if they are on the fence about fertility treatment.
He met with me and my husband and gave us the time and energy to understand everything.
I haven't gone through a cycle yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
Very compassionate, upbeat and comprehensive. Great communication.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
$18,000 plus medications ($4000-$7000). They also offer a guaranteed baby program starting at $19K, but given my age (37), my estimate, before review by the board, was around $29K.
Lawrenceville

Dr. Shapiro took the time to meet with my husband and I for an hour to discuss our specific situation and the best options. He was attentive and addressed out questions and concerns...He went over our medical history and was very realistic as to our situation. He was not overly optimistic but was also not discouraging. He offered concrete a strategies to address and potential back up plans...He went over our medical history and was very realistic as to our situation. He was not overly optimistic but was also not discouraging. He offered concrete a strategies to address and potential back up plans.
Everyone was really great at the clinic [RBA]! They were kind, compassionate and encouraging. My main issues was that it was very hard to reach someone fast or directly. I found that on a couple of occasions they did not seem to have my tests stored in an organized manner and seemed to not even know they were available...$14,100 for IVF...The office was always neat, clean and I never had to wait long to get my bloodwork our ultrasounds. The staff was very pleasant and encouraging. I did find that they were a bit disorganized with their paperwork and my test results. It was also very hard to reach someone directly and in an expedient manner.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
I would highly recommend a consultation!
My diagnosis was multifaceted- very low AMH, ovarian resistance and possibly poor egg quality due to my age (40). We went directly into IVF starting on the 1st day of my period with a relatively high dose of medications. Unfortunately my follicles did not respond to the hormone stimulation and we decided to cancel the cycle. On our follow-up appointment, we decided to attempt another round of IVF but starting the hormone injections 15 days prior to the start of my period. This decision was based on the fact that I had enough follicles, just not enough of them grew.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
Everyone was really great at the clinic! They were kind, compassionate and encouraging. My main issues was that it was very hard to reach someone fast or directly. I found that on a couple of occasions they did not seem to have my tests stored in an organized manner and seemed to not even know they were available.
$14,100 for IVF
I really liked Dr. Shapiro's thought process behind choices like these and found myself in agreement with his suggestions.

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Robert Straub] was very informative, but the consult felt like he was reciting a speech that hes given a million times and he spoke very fast...So far Dr. Straub did my consultation, but a physician assistant and nurse performed my diagnostic procedures. He was very informative. I have not gotten a chance to speak with him about the results of the tests and what we do next.
[The nursing staff at RBA] seem very helpful and attentive...So far Dr. Straub did my consultation, but a physician assistant and nurse performed my diagnostic procedures. He was very informative. I have not gotten a chance to speak with him about the results of the tests and what we do next...I was disappointed that I had to call to request my test results from the clinic and that they did not call me when the results came back from the lab.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at RBA?
Have all your questions ready to go before you get there and don't be afraid to interject if you need him to explain something again or in more detail.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at RBA?
He was very informative, but the consult felt like he was reciting a speech that hes given a million times and he spoke very fast.
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I went to my consult with the desire to get information and start the process of IUI with use of a sperm donor. He went over all of the diagnostic tests that he recommends to make sure that I am a good candidate for the procedure. If all the blood work was normal, which it was, his suggestion would be to try a natural cycle IUI or Clomed + IUI (with a sperm donor). I also had a vaginal ultrasound and Femvue procedure which showed a uterine polyp. The PA doing the procedure recommended waiting 6 mo and repeating the ultrasound to see if the polyp had fallen out on its own, and when the nurse called with the blood work results, she said that Dr. Straub had written a note that I could schedule a procedure to remove the polyp surgically before proceeding with the IUI. I have not had the chance yet to have any additional procedures.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They seem very helpful and attentive. I was a little light headed after my Femvue procedure, and one of the nurses went to get some juice and search for a gluten free snack (I'm celiac) to help my blood sugar. She didn't end up finding anything, but she really seemed like she was trying.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I'm sure that the Covid pandemic is partially to blame, but I was disappointed that I had to call to request my test results from the clinic and that they did not call me when the results came back from the lab.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
The consultation was free of charge, my insurance paid for the blood work, and the Femvue procedure with vaginal ultrasound was $295.
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
No opinion
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
I wasn't called with my test results, and the PA and doctor gave conflicting opinions of what my next steps should be.

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Doctor Shapiro spends time with me answering questions with facts and studies instead of telling me no or yes. He has validated my want to be a mom and how hard it must be to be in childcare and not be able to have my own children...quick to answer questions with care...We’ve used 3 different egg donors, and when the cycles weren’t working with my husband’s sperm, they kindly asked for us to use a sperm donor. We’ve changed estrogen from pills to injections when the pills weren’t working for me
Communication at first [with RBA] was hard with trying to get all the correct paperwork for our checklist. We kept getting told we had it all done and then something else would need to be signed. We live out of state so we’ve had to get things notarized and mailed quickly bc of this and spent lots of money...We got a package that was $28,500 with eggs...Kelly was my first nurse and the most kind and validating person ever. I had issues with Diana’s communication (called and left me a voicemail telling me I had no surviving embryos)
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Knowledgeable and caring. He’s validated all my feelings, takes time to answer questions in detail and has fought the clinic for us when things haven’t gone well. I haven’t been able to stay pregnant yet but he has confidence and is going to keep helping us fight. He’s never acted like we are a problem.
Just be honest with what you need, he listens and truly cares. You’re not a number
Doctor Shapiro spends time with me answering questions with facts and studies instead of telling me no or yes. He has validated my want to be a mom and how hard it must be to be in childcare and not be able to have my own children. He and his nurses are quick to answer questions with care.
We’ve used 3 different egg donors, and when the cycles weren’t working with my husband’s sperm, they kindly asked for us to use a sperm donor. We’ve changed estrogen from pills to injections when the pills weren’t working for me. The rest has been same with progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Vann)
Kelly was my first nurse and the most kind and validating person ever. I had issues with Diana’s communication (called and left me a voicemail telling me I had no surviving embryos). Vann has been through infertility so she gets it in a deeper way. She emails me even when the office is closed and is always beyond helpful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Communication at first was hard with trying to get all the correct paperwork for our checklist. We kept getting told we had it all done and then something else would need to be signed. We live out of state so we’ve had to get things notarized and mailed quickly bc of this and spent lots of money.
We got a package that was $28,500 with eggs

2018 - 2020, Successful
He [Dr. Robert Straub] was warm, funny, yet serious when needed to be. He was very honest about our options and told us at each step of the way what to expect....I felt taken care of each step of the way. All of my questioned were answered...We used a traditional IVF with ICSI. My protocol included Gonal F and Ganirelix. We had a very successful cycle resulting in 19 eggs and in the end we ended up with 7 healthy embryos...I was prepared to travel from Atlanta to NYC back to my regular doctor until I met Dr. Straub.
The nursing team [at RBA] was just as informed as Dr. Straub's team. They were pleasant and always available...We paid for about $15,000 up front because our insurance did not cover anything and then another $3500 in medications...Strengths-knowledgeable, friendly, and warm. Evidence based and have gotten proven results. Weaknesses- they sometimes had a bit of a wait in the waiting room area. RBA is convenient because they have locations all across Atlanta which made it easy for to me pick the best location. During my time at RBAI was introduced to three different doctor who did performed a variety treatments on me. All doctors were knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I was very pleased with Dr. Straub and the nursing team at RBA. I felt taken care of each step of the way. All of my questioned were answered and they were always available. I was very nervous and unaware of what to expect and they went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable.
It's okay to not know. Go in and have your questions ready to be answered.
Dr. Straub was personally referred to me by my previous doctor in NYC (Dr. Kligman). I was prepared to travel from Atlanta to NYC back to my regular doctor until I met Dr. Straub. He was warm, funny, yet serious when needed to be. He was very honest about our options and told us at each step of the way what to expect.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nursing team was just as informed as Dr. Straub's team. They were pleasant and always available.
Cumming

Our consultations went very well with Dr. Slayden. He was easy to talk to, humorous, and always explained risks and benefits associated with each procedure and medication...He has an analytical and conservative approach...whoever is on call for the week does your retrieval and transfer so you might not receive direct physical care from your assigned doctor
While getting into RBA can be a communication challenge, once you are "in" as a patient you receive top-notch care...whoever is on call for the week does your retrieval and transfer so you might not receive direct physical care from your assigned doctor...communication has been very fast and effective once you are officially an RBA patient. There were no mishaps and all calls/portal messages were returned promptly
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Our consultations went very well with Dr. Slayden. He was easy to talk to, humorous, and always explained risks and benefits associated with each procedure and medication. I never felt pushed in any way and was actually given the option of what protocol I wanted to pursue for transfer. I obviously trusted his judgement and went with his first suggestion, but I appreciated him giving me options and fully explaining risks and benefits that went along with it. He has an analytical and conservative approach which we appreciated.
Do copious amounts of research and education on your own so your time during consultations can be spent talking specifically about YOU and not general info about IVF that you could already learn about on your own time. Have your questions written down beforehand.
While getting into RBA can be a communication challenge, once you are "in" as a patient you receive top-notch care. I do remember trying to get initially scheduled took some time but communication has been very fast and effective once you are officially an RBA patient. There were no mishaps and all calls/portal messages were returned promptly. I really felt like all nurses, doctors, and office staff cared.
We were dealing with MFI so I had a very textbook and normal straight-forward protocol. BC for 2+ weeks, low dose HCG + Follistim for a few days, and then added in daily Ganirelix for the remainder of stims. Triggered with Lupron and had retrieval 2 days later. 21 eggs retreived, 13 mature, 9 fertilized, 6 embryos, 3 PGS normal. All frozen for a FET 2 months later. Transfer protocol was BC for 2+ weeks, daily Lupron injections ( I am a normal ovulator so this was added to prevent my body from ovulating on its own, resulting in a cancelled cycle), combination of Estrogen tablets + patches, and progesterone in oil injections. 1st FET was successful and I continued all FET meds until week 10 of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Shelby and Lizzy)
Nurses are the MVPs of this place. My nursing team (Lizzy and Shelby) was incredibly compassionate, great at communicating, organized, prepared me well, and I knew they were cheering for us. I also had a great experience with the blood draw nurse (I can be a hard stick and she was always gentle patient and kind) and ultrasound techs.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strength: high end technology, large and can take many patients, top-notch nursing and office staff, lots of resources, helpful online portal, good location, industry leaders, never a long wait time for appointments, was comfortable and well taken care of in surgery and procedures. Weakness: would be nice to have met our doctor in person but we know this is due to Covid (whoever is on call for the week does your retrieval and transfer so you might not receive direct physical care from your assigned doctor, this was not an issue for me though)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Retreival was $14,100, stim meds were $4000, genetic testing was $100 per embryo + $250 shipping cost (this was a 3rd party expense), FET was $4250 per transfer and transfer meds through 10 weeks of pregnancy were about $1200
RBA is a supporter of eSET due to their high success rates weighed against risks of multiple births, we were in agreeance with this
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Toledo was so personable! He was very honest and told what he expected from our situation...During the stimulation process, my body was slow to respond to the medications. He never gave up and allowed me to STIM a few days longer. My results were awesome and he stopped by after he did the retrieval to tell me what a great job I did!...always hugs me and shakes my husband’s hand. He’s a breath of fresh air during this difficult time...
A great strength [at RBA] is the front desk receptionist!...makes you feel so welcomed. The entire nursing staff are super helpful, friendly and personable even down to the phlebotomists!...[financial advisor] broke everything down and you were able to make payments...[nurse] was so excited about my results she called me already excited!!! They made this process really wonderful!
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
When I first met Dr. Toledo, he walked into his office and was very cheerful and gave off a wonderful positive vibe! As time went on and I completed the check list, we met with him again to discuss the next steps. He still was very optimistic and told me what protocol that he thought would work. During the stimulation process, my body was slow to respond to the medications. He never gave up and allowed me to STIM a few days longer. My results were awesome and he stopped by after he did the retrieval to tell me what a great job I did!
Go in open minded and trust his thought process on what he thinks will work out for you!
Dr. Toledo was so personable! He was very honest and told what he expected from our situation. He did the egg retrieval and was so encouraging. He stopped by and talked to us and told us my results after retrieval. He always hugs me and shakes my husband’s hand. He’s a breath of fresh air during this difficult time
I I had to take 300 IUs of Gonal-F, 2 times a day (one in the morning, one at night). I did this for 17 days. I also gave myself 0.5 ml of Lupron daily. My husband gave my my trigger shot HCG, which wasn’t bad. I had 18 eggs, 16 embryos, and 11 embryos were frozen. 2 embryos came back genetically normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
The nursing staff was AWESOME!!! They communicated thoroughly and timely! When they would call after I did my retrieval, she was so excited about my results she called me already excited!!! They made this process really wonderful!
Describe your experience with RBA.
A great strength is the front desk receptionist! She is the greatest. She has the personality of the sweetest grandmother ever! She’s so nice and friendly and makes you feel so welcomed. The entire nursing staff are super helpful, friendly and personable even down to the phlebotomists! I can’t think of any weakness that I witnessed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
Their financial advisor Tay was awesome! She broke everything down and you were able to make payments.
Dr. Toledo only wants to transfer a single embryo because of my age (41).
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Dr. Robert Straub] has taken the time to explain every step of the process, all our options, and providing guidance with our selected next steps. He's direct with his information and interpreting our diagnosis, but compassionate to our emotions when talking things through...Due to my diagnosis, [he] advised that IVF will give us the highest chance of success, but was open to us trying less invasive treatment first
I've interacting with several people in the nursing staff [at RBA], all have great demeanor...Only downfall is that I feel as though the records for what has been previously tested could be improved. I had to get bloodwork done a second time due to something not being tested the first time around...the clinic prefers to do a single embryo transfer...the answering machine provides clear communication that if you're calling after a specific time (I think it's after 2:00pm) that your message will be returned the next day
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr Straub has taken the time to explain every step of the process, all our options, and providing guidance with our selected next steps. He's direct with his information and interpreting our diagnosis, but compassionate to our emotions when talking things through.
Come informed: Cycle dates, dates of any procedures/GYN visits, family history.
Dr Straub (and his team) take the time to thoroughly explain everything and answers any questions you have. We never felt rushed, or pushed through, to the the next step.
My husband and I tried 3 cycles with letrozole, unsure on the dosage. We then tried 2 cycles with a trigger shot and timed intercourse. Due to my diagnosis, Dr Straub advised that IVF will give us the highest chance of success, but was open to us trying less invasive treatment first. Both letrozole and the timed intercourse was not successful, so we're currently moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
I've interacting with several people in the nursing staff, all have great demeanor. Overall, it has been a great experience. Only downfall is that I feel as though the records for what has been previously tested could be improved. I had to get bloodwork done a second time due to something not being tested the first time around.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Right from the get-go, the answering machine provides clear communication that if you're calling after a specific time (I think it's after 2:00pm) that your message will be returned the next day. When I attempted to schedule my first consultation, I was a little frustrated with hearing that, but I quickly learned that it's a very small group of people at the Cumming location and they really do their best to get back to you ASAP. The whole fertility journey is a 'hurry up and wait' game, so what does it matter that it MAY be one extra business day before you hear from them? Kim is great (front desk)! You'll interact with her during each visit. She's encouraging, bubbly, and a wealth of information.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
We're currently going through treatment. I would estimate that we've currently spent ~$2000 for testing, ultrasounds, medication. We have not yet gotten to the 'expensive' part.
Dr Straub said the clinic prefers to do a single embryo transfer, but I cannot remember the logic nor have I done further research on my preference.

Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Best is the doctor that gave us our hope back in fertility. She has a clear path toward getting us our children and she is so dedicated to us...She’s an incredible doctor who has gone through IVF herself. She feels her patient’s pain and helps every way possible...I have unexplained infertility. Dr. Best ordered all the screenings and panels to come to a conclusion. We already did a SHG before meeting with her. She wanted a HSG where she found polyps and hysteroscopy to remove them.
The front staff [at RBA] could be a bit more helpful... and organized...R-Baby Guarantee program is $19,000 (included PGT testing and 7 retrievals)...Chrissi [nurse] is the best! She’s a perfect pair with Dr. Best. She understands the pain we’re going through and has always been caring and responsive...Getting everything together for your first consult can feel earth-shattering. There are a lot of terrifying emotions going into it all - but know this: you’re in the best hands
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best is the doctor that gave us our hope back in fertility. She has a clear path toward getting us our children and she is so dedicated to us. We followed her from her other clinic because we believe in how she believes in us. We didn’t want IVF at first, but she made us both so comfortable. We love her!
It’s tough. Getting everything together for your first consult can feel earth-shattering. There are a lot of terrifying emotions going into it all - but know this: you’re in the best hands. She will help you, listen to you, and make sense of all this!
I felt like a human. She’s an incredible doctor who has gone through IVF herself. She feels her patient’s pain and helps every way possible. I’m not just another patient.
I have unexplained infertility. Dr. Best ordered all the screenings and panels to come to a conclusion. We already did a SHG before meeting with her. She wanted a HSG where she found polyps and hysteroscopy to remove them. We were ready for IVF but Covid19 put a stop to our plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Chrissi Copeland)
Chrissi is the best! She’s a perfect pair with Dr. Best. She understands the pain we’re going through and has always been caring and responsive.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The front staff could be a bit more helpful... and organized. Outside of that, o haven’t had too many interactions with other staff at RBA just yet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
R-Baby Guarantee program is $19,000 (included PGT testing and 7 retrievals). Copays covered visits ($50).

2018 - 2020, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
[Dr. Rubin] Stated the facts plainly, which I wanted, but excellent care and bedside manner when I was grieving an outcome or expectation...Fully answered any questions I had, compassionate bedside manner, upbeat, but always forthcoming regarding risks/outcomes. She fully explained when or why we needed to change course and I always felt like a very active participant in the decisions and direction of treatment....
[nurse at RBA was] Very compassionate. Due to my incessant phone calls, she was the one to inform me of my chemical pregnancy. She handled the whole situation perfectly — looking back, I wouldn’t have her change a thing, given the circumstances...Appreciate the Piedmont location. It was easy to get in and get out. The office at Sandy Springs is also becoming more updated. The staff that handle transfers and the embryologists are also excellent!...
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Wonderful, kind, competent doctor. Fully answered any questions I had, compassionate bedside manner, upbeat, but always forthcoming regarding risks/outcomes. She fully explained when or why we needed to change course and I always felt like a very active participant in the decisions and direction of treatment.
Think about what matters to you — trying low intervention treatment first, trying to achieve pregnancy as quickly as possible, how much you’re willing to disrupt your life with medication and appts. Then she’ll work with you to help achieve those goals.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at RBA.
Approximately 4K for ea transfer Believe egg retrieval was 10-15k
Describe Jessica Rubin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
eSET due to risk of complications with multiples.
Sandy Springs

Dr. Toledo was very honest and straight to the point with me, but at the same time, he was very personable and genuine with his delivery...he entertains transferring multiple starting at the age of 35...He always finds a way to connect with me. He uses humor to lighten the mood...He was very direct with how he wanted to proceed with my situation/case and didn’t waste any time making it happen...he encourages me to get second and third opinions if I feel that I need to
[The staff at RBA] were all very knowledgeable about the protocol and how everything goes. They communicated well with me for monitoring appointments and made me feel comfortable at all times...it is still very important to do your own research and stay on top of your situation...Ask questions and do your own research. Don’t be afraid to get other opinions
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He always finds a way to connect with me. He uses humor to lighten the mood and make things more personable. He is very knowledgeable about updated research and protocols. He recommended supplements for me to start taking to increase egg quality right away. And he is always open to hearing others’ opinions, my opinions and suggestions from my own research, and he encourages me to get second and third opinions if I feel that I need to. He has instilled a lot of confidence and hope in me and my situation.
Ask questions and do your own research. Don’t be afraid to get other opinions!
From the start, Dr. Toledo was very honest and straight to the point with me, but at the same time, he was very personable and genuine with his delivery. He was very direct with how he wanted to proceed with my situation/case and didn’t waste any time making it happen! I connected with him immediately and I feel very supported and “in good hands” with him and the whole RBA staff.
I started taking CoQ10 and DHEA for low AMH levels following my first appointment with him and he also had me do an HSG test. I have one open tube and one blocked tube. He suggested 3 rounds of IUI before proceeding to IVF, but my husband and I decided to jump right to IVF because of the success rates of the two and because of my good insurance coverage. I completed my first round of IVF this past March. I started the cycle with Lupron on day 1 of my cycle. I then did 300 units of Follistim am and pm in addition to the Lupron starting on day 2 continuing through day 12. I did an HCG trigger shot on day 13 and I had my egg retrieval on day 15. 10 eggs were retrieved, 8 of those being mature. 6 fertilized and 2 made it to blast. We sent the 2 off for PGS testing and both of them came back abnormal (chromosomes). We did not do a transfer. Both are still frozen but we will not be transferring them. I am gearing up for round 2 of IVF soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They were all very knowledgeable about the protocol and how everything goes. They communicated well with me for monitoring appointments and made me feel comfortable at all times.
Describe your experience with RBA.
A ton of patients walk through the doors of RBA everyday. Though the doctors and nurses are good at what they do, it is still very important to do your own research and stay on top of your situation. Call them and make sure you communicate well. Don’t leave it up to them. Take your situation into your own hands and make sure you do everything in your power to stay organized and on top of your treatment plan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
My insurance covered most everything. I had to pay $900 out of pocket for my medication through Avella. And then I had to pay $1000 to meet my out of pocket deductible and then another $2000 for PGS testing. My insurance did not cover that.
We didn’t have any embryos to transfer but we were planning to transfer 1 because of my age (34). He said he entertains transferring multiple starting at the age of 35.

Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Love [Dr. Scott Slayden]. He is very compassionate. He does not sugar coat anything. He is very thorough and wants to see me succeed at becoming a mother. He always answers questions and gives any information that is helpful for his patients...I felt like a human. He is always super through with me...he is blunt and gets to the point which is what I want to know.
Treated like a patient not a number [at RBA], they know you my name here and you are not just a statistic. All staff her are very compassionate and care about the well being of their patients. This office is very organized and have good communication. All staff here seem to be very experienced...My nurse is very compassionate always willing to answer questions no matter how many I have.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Love Dr. Slayden. He is very compassionate. He does not sugar coat anything. He is very thorough and wants to see me succeed at becoming a mother. He always answers questions and gives any information that is helpful for his patients.
Trust your doctor. While you may not like what he has to say, he knows what he is doing so just trust his treatment and guidance.
I felt like a human. He is always super through with me. He does not sugar coat anything he is blunt and gets to the point which is what I want to know.
1st IUI - Letrozole- negative pregnancy test Moving own to IVF in May this will be my protocol Flare FSH 300/300/hCG 20/ICSI/freeze all at blast/No PGT due to young age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer (nurse))
Describe your experience with RBA.
Treated like a patient not a number, they know you my name here and you are not just a statistic. All staff her are very compassionate and care about the well being of their patients. This office is very organized and have good communication. All staff here seem to be very experienced.
IUI - $1500 IVF - $12,100. $4,200. $7,500
I have not made it this far yet. Still waiting on egg retrieval
Lawrenceville
Dr. Best stayed positive and frequently encouraged myself and my husband. She was not just thoughtful but very thorough with her treatment plan. She made adjustments when needed. The blend of her knowledge and positvity while managing your expectations made our experience a great one. We had been through previous doctors however she was truly our “ Monday Morning Quarterback “ she took our history and utilized it and adjusted where needed. After 17 years of trying to conceive, Dr. Best transferred our 1 embryo that is now a 10 month old baby girl.
Very compassionate staff [at RBA]. Everyone communicated well. They were very responsive and polite. No matter what time of day it was you felt as if you always mattered. The staff was extremely easy to work with. Never felt rushed for appointments...Dr. Best stayed positive and frequently encouraged myself and my husband. She was not just thoughtful but very thorough with her treatment plan. She made adjustments when needed.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Trust the process, both good and bad times.
Dr. Best was very compassionate and had great bedside manner.
Lupron Gonotrophines
Describe your experience with RBA.
Very compassionate staff. Everyone communicated well. They were very responsive and polite. No matter what time of day it was you felt as if you always mattered. The staff was extremely easy to work with. Never felt rushed for appointments
Medications
Marietta
2020, Consult
Dr. Slayden is a wealth of information and such a compassionate doctor. He understood our desperation for a baby and very clearly laid out a plan of treatment. He is both warm and factual, and put both my husband and myself at ease...He answered all of our questions patiently and thoroughly.
Dr. Slayden and his staff [at RBA] want the best outcome for you and will work with you to develop the right plan. Be prepared to hear a lot of big words and ask questions as much as you need to...Take notes at your consult. Dr. Slayden talks quickly because he has so much to say!
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden spent over an hour with us discussing his diagnosis and plan for treatment. He answered all of our questions patiently and thoroughly.
No protocol used yet, still in the waiting period.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Go in with an open mind. Dr. Slayden and his staff want the best outcome for you and will work with you to develop the right plan. Be prepared to hear a lot of big words and ask questions as much as you need to.
2019 - 2020, Consult
[Dr. Jessica Rubin] was very easy to talk. She explained how fertility and infertility works. She helped us to understand the tests and processes we would go through. She included diagrams to visually show how it all works! We arrived at our appointment and was seen right away.
[The staff at RBA - Sandy Springs] is very nice, everyone that works there are pleasant and always smiling! They make you feel comfortable when you arrive, until you leave. The environment is really nice. They get you in and out, with your appointments...They are excellent
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
She was very easy to talk. She explained how fertility and infertility works. She helped us to understand the tests and processes we would go through. She included diagrams to visually show how it all works! We arrived at our appointment and was seen right away.
Be open-minded
She was extremely nice and helpful with explaining everything
Describe the protocols Jessica Rubin used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
i have only done the tests - covid19 put a pause to our progress.
They are excellent
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is very nice, everyone that works there are pleasant and always smiling! They make you feel comfortable when you arrive, until you leave. The environment is really nice. They get you in and out, with your appointments

2013 - 2019, Successful
Be prepared to wait for your initial appointment, but he [Dr. Toledo] is worth the wait...suspected that we were getting "bad eggs" (resulting in the chemical pregnancies), and he therefore recommended pre-implantation genetic screening to screen for embryos with abnormal numbers of chromosomes. He also suggested ICSI to directly inject the sperm into the egg. We did our first and only retrieval in November 2013, and came away with 9 eggs, 8 fertilized, and 7 made it to day 5, at which point they froze and biopsied all of them for genetic screening.
Megan and Lisa were my primary nurses during my IUIs, egg retrieval, and first transfer [at RBA]. They were both wonderful and responded to all of my emails quickly... For IVF, we used a financing plan that totaled approximately $22,000, but included 3 fresh cycles and 3 frozen cycles (and the benefit stops after a successful pregnancy). We only ended up needing one of each, so we probably overpaid...The parking is also kind of expensive, so I would recommend carpooling with your significant other for appointments so you don't have to pay two parking fees.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo has a wonderful bedside manner. He is friendly and personable and has been doing this a long time. It takes a long time to get into see him, but there's a reason for it. You won't be sad you waited an extra few weeks. Some of his explanations are technical, but for the most part, he explains things in terms non-medical people can understand. He will take as much time as he needs with patients for consultations - I think those are booked in one hour blocks, just so he doesn't have to get to another patient. I think we spent one hour with him in our initial consult (not including exams, bloodwork, and meeting with the nurses before and after). He answers questions patiently and is happy to take follow up calls. Once we had decided to go forward with IVF, I had questions about the drugs and injections I was prescribed, and I was able to get on the phone with him personally within a couple of days to get answers from him.
Be prepared to wait for your initial appointment, but he is worth the wait. And have a list of questions ready to go and be prepared to take notes.
Dr. Toledo is the most kind and caring doctor I've ever had. He has a wonderful bedside manner. Every time we have been back to see him, he remembers us, our kids, and things we like to do. When we did our egg retrieval, we got fewer eggs than we expected, and he let me cry on his shoulder when I found out.
We started with IUI on Femara. (I had been prescribed Clomid and timed intercourse with my OB/GYN but that had not worked, so we moved onto Femara.) Each IUI cycle also included a trigger shot 12 hours before the first insemination, and then 24 hours, there was a second insemination. The first IUI cycle was negative, so they changed the timing of my progesterone. The second attempted IUI did not make it to insemination because I did not get any follicles, so they reversed on the progesterone timing. The second and third IUI were identical in terms of medications, and both resulted in chemical pregnancies. My beta with the second IUI stalled at just below 50, and the beta with the third IUI barely made it above 10. Dr. Toledo did give us the option after the second failed IUI to start IVF, but we elected to try one more. After the third failed IUI, we were told our best option was to proceed with IVF. We had a whole lot of bloodwork done (on both me and my husband) and a meeting with a genetic counselor. Dr. Toledo suspected that we were getting "bad eggs" (resulting in the chemical pregnancies), and he therefore recommended pre-implantation genetic screening to screen for embryos with abnormal numbers of chromosomes. He also suggested ICSI to directly inject the sperm into the egg. We did our first and only retrieval in November 2013, and came away with 9 eggs, 8 fertilized, and 7 made it to day 5, at which point they froze and biopsied all of them for genetic screening. I was on Bravelle and Menopur at the lowest doses recommended (I believe 2 injections of each, each day) because I have PCOS and they were worried about overstimulating. We then stopped the medication since we would be doing a fresh transfer. We ended up with 4 genetically normal embryos, and planned to transfer one of them in January. For the transfer, I was placed on birth control to level off my hormones and then put on estrogen (patches) and progesterone (suppositories) on the first day of the transfer cycle, which I was on till the pregnancy reached 12 weeks. (They will normally wean you off these starting at 8 weeks when the placenta has taken over, but I was traveling around week 10 and was being extra cautious, so they let me stay on it till 12 weeks, when I started seeing my regular OB/GYN). The transfer took place on day 20 of my cycle, and Dr. Toledo did the transfer himself. We got a positive pregnancy test, and that baby is now almost 4.5 years old. Dr. Toledo also did an "uterine scratch test" at the beginning of the cycle, which has shown increased pregnancy rates. We did a second frozen transfer in October 2016 with the same protocol and steps as our first frozen transfer, but Dr. Toledo did do an HSG test to make sure my uterus was still in good shape (no fibroids, cysts, etc.) It was all clear, and one of his colleagues did the second transfer. That baby is now 1.5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Megan, Lisa, and Krista)
Megan and Lisa were my primary nurses during my IUIs, egg retrieval, and first transfer. They were both wonderful and responded to all of my emails quickly. I did not have as much interaction with Krista because I treated there for a relatively short period of time with my second transfer (Megan and Lisa had both left by then), but she was always kind, called promptly with lab results, and answered emails quickly too.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Dr. Toledo's assistant - Melissa - is amazing and returns calls quickly. The front office staff, particularly Mary Ellen, is a delight and calls you by name when she sees you come in. They do have a policy that no children are allowed, which I appreciated as a patient before we had our girls and respected as a patient who has had two successful pregnancies. If you are bringing in new babies to meet Dr. Toledo, they ask you to wait across the elevator bank, just so you do not upset couples who have not yet had successful pregnancies. The only complaint I had about the clinic was their financial/accounting people. They often tried to bill us for things we hadn't had done, and one lady was particularly insensitive when I had to check out after I'd found out we wouldn't be able to go forward with the second planned IUI. The parking is also kind of expensive, so I would recommend carpooling with your significant other for appointments so you don't have to pay two parking fees.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
The IUIs cost around $1500 ($500 per insemination, plus ultrasound monitoring and meds). For IVF, we used a financing plan that totaled approximately $22,000, but included 3 fresh cycles and 3 frozen cycles (and the benefit stops after a successful pregnancy). We only ended up needing one of each, so we probably overpaid. We were told when we went back for our second transfer that they had changed the program such that we could have used the funds leftover after our first successful transfer to put toward the second transfer. Medications for the egg retrieval were probably in the neighborhood of $4,000 to $5,000, most of it being out of pocket. My husband changed insurance plans for our second transfer, which had an allowance for fertility coverage, and it cost us approximately $600 or $700 out of pocket (including meds) . I think the frozen transfer without insurance would have been around $3000.
Dr. Toledo was strongly in favor of a single embryo transfer - I was 31 and 34 at the time of both my transfers - and he did not see a reason to consider a multiple embryo transfer at my age. Given our circumstances, we also had a very good chance of one working (and those odds only increased with two), and he reminded us that twins is twice the cost at the same time (two daycare payments, two college tuitions, two of all the baby gear, etc.).
Sandy Springs

I always came away from my appointments [with Dr. Daniel Shapiro] knowing exactly what to expect, the probability of success and the potential risk. He creates a warm environment, often infused with humor. He gets to know his patients as people...When we miscarried after a second round IUI he sat with us for as long as we needed. He gave me a hug (after asking permission) and walked us out the backdoor, so we wouldn't have to go out through reception. I highly recommend working with him.
The procedure costs [at RBA] are comparable to other Atlanta facilities. I know there are payment options available, as needed...The clinic runs pretty efficiently. I've never waited more than 10-15 minutes, at the longest, for my appointments. I've never had trouble with scheduling. The receptionists are friendly and know me by name. The same is true for the billing team. You definitely feel like the whole clinic is rooting for you.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shapiro does not mince words. I always came away from my appointments knowing exactly what to expect, the probability of success and the potential risk. He creates a warm environment, often infused with humor. He gets to know his patients as people. For instance, he actually gave me his family's recipe for latkes (hand written) when he found out I was planning to include the dish over the holidays. When we miscarried after a second round IUI he sat with us for as long as we needed. He gave me a hug (after asking permission) and walked us out the backdoor, so we wouldn't have to go out through reception. I highly recommend working with him.
Don't expect him to sugar coat information, whether good or bad. He is supportive and compassionate, but also direct in his delivery.
Dr. Shapiro has always been optimistic, but realistic throughout our testing and treatment process. I always feel like he's giving me the time I need to talk through options and get all my questions answered. He never pushes us toward a treatment plan we're not comfortable with or interested in. We also greatly appreciate his sense of humor, especially during the stressful moments.
I went to see Dr. Shapiro for secondary infertility. After laparoscopic surgery I was diagnosed with mild endometriosis. Given that I had a previous pregnancy, my AMH was high and there were no male factor issues, he recommended IUI with Clomid. The first cycle produced one follicle and didn't result in a pregnancy. The second cycle produced three follicles, my husband's sperm sample was 84M, and resulted in a pregnancy. I actually had a consult midway through my second cycle requesting to skip a third and move directly to IVF. Dr. Shapiro was so confident in the progression of my second cycle he told me that he felt fairly confident it would end in pregnancy, which it did. I did miscarry at 5 weeks, unfortunately, but the IUI was a success. I'm now waiting for my regular cycle to return and a consultation with Dr. Shapiro before proceeding to my next treatment option.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
I'm lucky enough to work for a company that provides fertility benefits, so I paid little out of pocket. The procedure costs are comparable to other Atlanta facilities. I know there are payment options available, as needed.

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr Shapiro is flexible and can tailor treatment plans that work best for you! I am terrible with shots so during the transfers I was able to do a crinone gel instead of progesterone shots everyday!...my endometrial lining wasn’t where we wanted it to be on day 10 so we increased the estradiol orally and vaginally...was very upfront with us and would let us decide whether to transfer multiple embryos or not. My first transfer he recommended one as I had unexplained infertility so we wanted to see if that took - and it did! On the second we did the same given the success of the first!
They are really efficient once you are a patient! Since you need to be in the clinic so often, you don’t want to wait 30 mins just to get blood drawn (like my previous clinic). RBA is great with this, always prompt and communicate very well on the process...The clinic is so well run that you are never left in the waiting room for more than 15 minutes while the “number” of other patients walked in...There has been turnover in the nursing and support staff. This is one pain point with the clinic. My experience this time around was much better than previously and Dr Shapiro was honest with us letting us know that the nursing staff is fairly new but learning everything quickly.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr Shapiro is very knowledgeable in his field. He can over explain certain things but that only makes you feel more confident in the plan going forward. He properly assesses the pros and cons of each situation and let’s you and your partner make a decision.
Be knowledgeable walking in and have somewhat of a plan as to the outcome you want and timeframe. Dr Shapiro is flexible and can tailor treatment plans that work best for you! I am terrible with shots so during the transfers I was able to do a crinone gel instead of progesterone shots everyday!
I was on estradiol, baby aspirin and crinone for both embryo transfers. On the second, my endometrial lining wasn’t where we wanted it to be on day 10 so we increased the estradiol orally and vaginally.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Thankfully IVF is covered under our insurance for this clinic. Egg retrieval + embryo transfer came to about $3,000. The latest embryo transfer was $900!
Dr Shapiro was very upfront with us and would let us decide whether to transfer multiple embryos or not. My first transfer he recommended one as I had unexplained infertility so we wanted to see if that took - and it did! On the second we did the same given the success of the first!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
In 2016 (different nursing staff then now), it was a mess trying to get prescriptions ordered to start my egg retrieval process- super stressful!

2016 - 2019, Successful
I liked him [Dr. Robert Straub]. He was very straight forward, very smart, answers all questions... 1. We did fresh transfer with ICIS. I was young and my fertility issue is a tube blockage and my husband had a vasectomy reversal so his sperm was an issue as well. It worked the 1st time, our baby is 2.5 years old 2. went in to use one of our frozen tested (PCG and PDG) embryos) did a typical transfer (BC, Estrogen, PIO). 1st beta was 20. 2nd beta was 6. 3. Currently in cycle. This cycle we did Lupron and a scratch biopsy.
I hate the location of the main office [of RBA]. It is far from Fayetteville where Dr Straub sees people for consults. Youhave to get all your test done there and it is a drive. The facility itself is very clean and nice.... RBA gives a military discount. Our Fresh cycle was about 8K and our 2 frozen were 2K a piece. We had genetic testing that was 1000 to take the sample..... I like Amy. She always response to emails usually same day. I never had an issue getting questions answered. She did tell me about my 2nd cycle not resulting in a pregnancy, she was straight forward.... but I am sure that news is hard to give.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I really liked him. I saw him about 6 times, either for consults, plan of action, scratch biopsy and he called when I was pregnant the 1st time. I felt like he was very smart a knew what he was doing .
ask questions. He always ask if you have any questions and it's your own fault if you don't ask them. He is willing to answer anything, even multiple times.
I liked him. He was very straight forward, very smart, answers all questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Amy Zimmerman)
Describe your experience with RBA.
I hate the location of the main office. It is far from Fayetteville where Dr Straub sees people for consults. Youhave to get all your test done there and it is a drive. The facility itself is very clean and nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
I asked on our 1st consult if we could do 2 embryos and was told no. I was also 26 and it was my first cycle. I understood why he said no, the risk associated with multiple is high.
Fayetteville

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Straub is very professional and straight to the point with keeping the facts at the forefront of the conversation, but he also does a great job of bringing light and humor to the situation. ... He was very informative and was clear on the plan. I had surgery to remove a polyp in my uterus and he did a great job. He does a great job of comforting during this emotional time. ... He recommended single embryo transfer with PSG testing
Strength would be the kindness of the staff [RBA Cumming] and they make sure you get prompt responses. Weakness would be information regarding the financial aspect, which was overwhelming. Though there is not a straight path to follow, I was a little taken back at the fact that everything had to be paid up front before starting. ... $14,100 for monitoring, transfer and PSG testing. This does NOT include $5700 that was paid twice due to one cancelled round.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He was very straight to the point and helped us make the most realistic decision that would best fit what we were wanting to achieve. He was very informative and was clear on the plan. I had surgery to remove a polyp in my uterus and he did a great job. He does a great job of comforting during this emotional time.
Bring a note pad to write info discussed down because he tends to talk fast.
We first tried IUI which I started on 100mg of clomid daily and triggered with HCG on day 12 and underwent IUI 36 hours later. After the failed attempt, we embarked on our IVF journey. We started on a high dose of Gonal-F for my age due to my AMH being low. I started with 300units twice daily. On day 7 it was determined my ovaries were not responding and we cancelled egg retrieval. So the next protocol is called a "flare" protocol and Ill will be the max dose of Gonal -F 600units twice daily with Lupron. Have not started yet, if this doesnt work we will try max dose of other protocols
Jennifer Cunningham and Amy Zimmerman are the two nurses assigned to me. They were very informative and communicated with me via email
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strength would be the kindness of the staff and they make sure you get prompt responses. Weakness would be information regarding the financial aspect, which was overwhelming. Though there is not a straight path to follow, I was a little taken back at the fact that everything had to be paid up front before starting. Once starting, we had a cancelled retrieval and now we are on a waiting period for 2 more weeks with $14,000 sitting in their account.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
He recommended single embryo transfer with PSG testing