Cumming
(404)665-5722
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900

She [Pavna Brahma] has probably the best bedside manner I've ever seen in a physician and I'm around doctors all day in my profession as a physician assistant. She is kind, gentle, warm and calm. She was frank but kind and always honest with us. She spends more than ample time with her patients explaining the procedures, risks and probability of success. I can't recommend her enough. In fact, I've recommended her already to many friends.
Dr Brahms's nurse Mary is amazing. She's so reliable and always responded back immediately when I called with questions or concerns. She provided me when samples when available too. She's also an incredibly sweet person...The IVF cycle was $14500. I believe each IUI cycle was $1500 and we did 3. The mediations cost us around another $1000...[RBA is the] Top of the line fertility clinic. It's the most expensive in Georgia but they have the best results, I think it's worth the extra cost
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Once again, she has probably the best bedside manner I've ever seen in a physician and I'm around doctors all day in my profession as a physician assistant. She is kind, gentle, warm and calm. She was frank but kind and always honest with us. She spends more than ample time with her patients explaining the procedures, risks and probability of success. I can't recommend her enough. In fact, I've recommended her already to many friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Prepare yourself mentally for the cost, which while it is ridiculously expensive, is well worth it
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Dr Brahma has some of the best bed side manner of a doctor I've ever seen. She spends so much time with her patients in her office explaining everything in great detail, drawing diagrams and making sure all questions are answered. She is patient and listens. She is warm and extremely caring
Describe the protocols Pavna Brahma used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
We attempted IUI with clomid for 3 cycles without success and then proceeded to IVF. We completed one cycle of IVF with successful egg transfer and initially 6 embryos created using ICSI. Unfortunately only 2 embryos survived and we were recommend to implant both on Day 3 so we did a fresh transfer with the 2 embryos and 1 implanted successfully. We gave birth to a completely healthy baby girl 3 months ago :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pavna Brahma at RBA.
Describe Pavna Brahma's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Our doctor initially recommended we only do a single embryo transfer but on the day of transfer a different doctor was on call and he and the embryologist recommended since our only 2 embryos were not looking great that we proceed with 2 and in the moment we said yes. I'm glad we did, otherwise may not have had the success that we did
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Once they lost our consent forms after we had to get them notarized. It was a small inconvenience. It probably happened because we were being seen at both her piedmont and main office and the staff misplaced them in the transferring between offices.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Slayden and his nurses were respectful and caring during a very emotional time in my life....Don’t let his straightforwardness turn you away. He really cares and will do all he can to help you have a baby....He’s very straightforward and doesn’t leave any detail out. Very through in his meetings with us. We knew exactly what to expect. He showed compassion when things didn’t turn out quite like we hoped....He suggested we transfer two at a time. The first transfer resulted in a failed cycle. The second transfer resulted in a precious baby girl.
We love our clinics [RBA]. Very inviting and professional. We used the office in Lawrencville more than the main office. The office staff there was expectional. I especially love my ultrasound tech, Kimi. She was amazing and so friendly. I love how she shared her story with me. I didn’t feel so alone....Becky was our nurse and she is AWESOME!! She emailed and called frequently to give us updates and keep us on track. I could always call her with questions and concerns and she always got right back to me.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
All along the way Dr. Slayden and his nurses told us what to expect. We did a egg retrieval in the summer and two transfers in fall and winter. Each and every time all aspects were explained and time was given for us to ask questions. During heartbreak they were compassionate and told us we would keep trying until we had a precious baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Becky )
Becky was our nurse and she is AWESOME!! She emailed and called frequently to give us updates and keep us on track. I could always call her with questions and concerns and she always got right back to me. Very caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RBA.
We love our clinics. Very inviting and professional. We used the office in Lawrencville more than the main office. The office staff there was expectional. I especially love my ultrasound tech, Kimi. She was amazing and so friendly. I love how she shared her story with me. I didn’t feel so alone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
I can’t remember the exact costs of our treatments, but there weren’t any surprises. They would let us know what was expected and provide payment option. We were blessed to be able to pay for our treatment without any assistance. No hidden figures at all. Everything was explained very well.
Describe Scott Slayden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
2014 - 2016, Successful
I love dr slayden, he was not just my dr, he was my friend. He knows his stuff and is very educated and experienced. He properly diagnosed me from the beginning. If we had some bumps in the road, which we did. He always was compassionate n always had a great plan. His beside manner was wonderful...They [RBA staff] are amazing, they will listen to you and explain the situation in hand and set a game plan that works the best. Even in the tough times they are a shoulder to cry on and the comfort you need to move forward. They are really the best in my eyes. We had seen 3 Dr's before him and none of them made me fell so comfortable the way dr slayden did. They also all liked compassion
Tracy and everyone in the Lawrenceville [at RBA] and main office were great. They always should compassion. They treated you like family...They are amazing, they will listen to you and explain the situation in hand and set a game plan that works the best. Even in the tough times they are a shoulder to cry on and the comfort you need to move forward. They are really the best in my eyes. We had seen 3 Dr's before him and none of them made me fell so comfortable the way dr slayden did. They also all liked compassion
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Trust him and listen to him. He knows what he is talking about and will make you feel like family
Dr sladen was the 4th dr n 3rd fertility offices. We had some horrible and heartbreaking experience before we came to him. We instantly felt like family. He properly diagnosed me when I had been missed diagnosed for 3 years. He would always make me feel special especially when things were going ruff. He would call us on holidays, after hours and even on vacation if we needed. He was wonderful
1st I had to have surgery to remove a uterine septum n endometriosis, a month later we had our 2nd Ivf , 1st with dr slayden. Had brithcontol n injection. Had a egg retrieval n 5 day transfer. This resulted in a pregnancy, I had a heterotopic pregnancy, I also had a hematoma with this pregnancy which caused premature labor and our twins being born to soon at 21 weeks. 2nd we had a hsg, which came back with issues, then I had to have surgery again to fix the septum n clean out. I then had a scarpe and our 3rd ivf, 2nd with dr slayden with injectables which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I tried injectables again but the cycle was canceled because I fromed a cyst. Dr slayden suggested we take a brake for a few months and we did. We did a another hsg, come back prefect. Did the same brithcontol n Injection protocol. Had another scrape. Had our 4th ivf and 3rd with Dr slayden it was successful n great pregnancy and resulted in us having our wonderful gifts from God our twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Tracy )
Tracy and everyone in the Lawrenceville and main office were great. They always should compassion. They treated you like family
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RBA.
This was always done prefect and in a timely manner
28,000 to 35,000
They would only transfer 2

2015, Successful
From the initial phone consult through the delivery of my child, I was always able to get a quick response to any questions or concerns that I had. There were times I expected to receive a call from the nurse only to have Dr. Shapiro call me himself!...Dr. Shapiro was very thorough in explaining the donor egg process to me and addressed all of my questions with answers that were easily understandable. He was patient, straight forward yet approachable and made me feel at ease through the entire process.
Jenny [nurse at RBA] was proactive about communicating with me and very responsive to questions via email. I'm a big planner and need a lot of information, and Jenny was very helpful in helping me understand every step in the process even when there were still several unknowns around timing...RBA pioneered the frozen donor egg process and they know their stuff regarding this process. Work closely with the donor coordinator to find a good match for you. There are new donors posted all the time and they don't stay in the bank long, so if you find one you like, be prepared to act quickly.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Describe the protocols Daniel Shapiro used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I did a donor egg cycle with Dr. Shapiro, using Lupron to suppress my ovulation, then starting estrogen and progesterone supplementation as we approached the transfer to thicken my uterine lining. I stayed on the estrogen and progesterone through most of my first trimester. Dr. Shapiro's office worked with me to let me select the form of estrogen and progesterone I preferred and was covered by my insurance; i used estrogen patches and Crinone. I was also given Doxycycline and Medrol in the days immediately proceeding my transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
Jenny was proactive about communicating with me and very responsive to questions via email. I'm a big planner and need a lot of information, and Jenny was very helpful in helping me understand every step in the process even when there were still several unknowns around timing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
I chose the 2 High Quality Embryo guarantee program, which included the donor eggs (6), fertilization via ICSI, transfer and all associated appointments. Cycle medicines were the only thing not included in the cost, i believe. The 2 HQE cost was $18K, but my insurance did end up covering some of the transfer costs, so I received a portion of that as a refund back from RBA.
2009 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Robert Straub] takes time to really make sure you understand everything he is going over. He has a habit of drawing pictures to help demonstrate exactly what he is talking about. When I experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy he gave me his personal cell phone number and fought with the ER staff on my behalf to make sure I had the best possible care and in order to have me transferred to a hospital that he worked with.
RBA is an amazing clinic. They are great at responding to questions and getting things moving once you're ready to start a cycle. I received the best care from all the staff there. I've since moved away from the Atlanta area but I will travel back there when we are ready to conceive again.... The nursing staff that works with Dr. Straub is amazing! They even took time to call me a few weeks after my ruptured ectopic pregnancy just to check on me and see if I was doing okay.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I have a long history with Dr. Straub and from the very beginning I have had an amazing experience with him. He takes time to really make sure you understand everything he is going over. He has a habit of drawing pictures to help demonstrate exactly what he is talking about. When I experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy he gave me his personal cell phone number and fought with the ER staff on my behalf to make sure I had the best possible care and in order to have me transferred to a hospital that he worked with. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Straub.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at RBA?
Bring your questions. He has no trouble answering them, no matter how crazy they might be. He actually asked me one time what other crazy wives tales are going around in the infertility community.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr Straub has amazing bedside manner. I always felt as if I were his number 1 priority when I was seeing him. He never treated me like I was just a number or just a paycheck, he really cared about me and about the outcome of our treatment.
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I do not remember all the specifics in protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Shelly, then Amy)
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
As a young, otherwise healthy woman, Dr. Straub was conservative with the amount of embryos he wanted to transfer. He always suggested one but allowed my husband and I to make the final decision on whether or not we wanted to transfer 1 or 2. Both of my kids were conceived from a single embryo transfer.
Cumming
2012 - 2015, Successful
RBA is a wonderful practice. I was referred by my ObGyn. I've had many visits to the Main office and to Dr. Brama's Piedmont location. I cannot think of any weaknesses. Everyone was kind and professional.....The nurses were all very sweet and knowledgeable. There was one particular nurse that I did see a lot over the years. She was great. I was almost at the two mark after my transfer. It was the first day of summer school, so it was a stressful and busy day.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
My experience with Dr. Brama was wonderful. She did whatever possible to make sure I understood what was going on with my body. She even drew pictures of my organs to explain parts of the process. My road to motherhood began with the removal of tubal blockages. My left tube was completely blocked and Dr. Brama removed it in 2012. She wanted to remove both, but respected my wishes to give the partially blocked (right) tube a chance. Surgery was successful and after a couple of attempts with IUI, she suggested not wasting my money. The other tube was not cooperating. It would be better to remove it and proceed with IVF. My second surgery was completed a year after my first. After my body had time to heal, I was ready to begin egg retrieval. The retrieval went well; 17 eggs harvested and fertilized. 5 of them made it to 5day blasts. Unfortunately, my body went through ovarian hyperstimulation, so the window to transfer was closing. I opted to freeze the embryos, allow my body to recoup...and pay down some medical bills. A few months later I was back. I began taking the meds to prep my body for the transfer. This procedure was the only part Dr. Brama wasnt a part of due to a scheduling conflict. However, she told me personally which in my mind attributed to the great relationship we had. Again every part of the process was explained. We discussed risk factors and I decided to transfer 1 thawed embryo. For me, 1 was all it took. The transfer was successful and I carried my daughter for a little over 37 weeks. After my baby was born, Dr. Brama was the first person I took her to meet. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor.
Dr. Brama is very wise and has great bedside manner. Stay optimistic and and trust her guidance.
Not to say that one should go off of a picture alone, but as I read the bios of each doctor at RBA, there was a wariness in Dr. Brama's smile that drew me to her. Upon meeting her, I knew I had made the right decision. Taking the news of infertility was hard and Dr. Brama allowed me the time to have my emotional moment. NEVER was there a time that I felt rushed or "like a number".
I do not recall the protocols Dr. Brama used, but in my opinion it was a blend of her medical expertise and respecting my wishes as a patient. I could've probably shaved a year off of my time had I not tried to make use of the partially blocked tube. I appreciated that, but what I appreciated more was Dr. Brama not being afraid as my doctor to then say to me we're wasting time. Not in those exact words, but it was the snap back to reality I needed to regain my focus and stay the course. I don't know if I'm a special case...being successful with IVF on my first try, but it was a pleasant surprise.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nurses were all very sweet and knowledgeable. There was one particular nurse that I did see a lot over the years. She was great. I was almost at the two mark after my transfer. It was the first day of summer school, so it was a stressful and busy day. That afternoon I went to the restroom and saw that I was spotting. Can we say minor freak out? I called Dr. Brama's office and this same nurse was able to calm me down. She asked how bright the blood was. Its was dark burgundy/brownish. She reassured me it was old blood and to not worry. More than likely it was implantation bleeding...and it was. I think all of the nurses are well trained and understand the delicate nature of each situation and our stress levels.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pavna Brahma at RBA.
Unfortunately I do not recall the prices associated with my care during those 4 years. Georgia insurance does not cover infertility. I did eventually open a loan with CapExMD. Then I started a GoFundMe page to help pay off the loan.
We did have a thorough discussion about the number of embryos to transfer. For a while I thought about multiples, but I've always worried about my stature. I'm not even 5 feet tall. It didnt take much convincing on my end, but Dr. Brama also felt it would be best for a single transfer.
2011 - 2015, Successful
We started off with metformin and femara, and then moved to an iui [with Dr. Slayden]. We were unsuccessful. The next cycle we planned for ivf with gonal-f and an estrogen drug and crinone for progesterone. I didn't have enough eggs for retrieval, so we switched to an iui and that was successful...He has an excellent bedside manner, he explained things carefully, made sure to answer any questions we had, and kept our expectations realistic. He did a great job keeping us comfortable during any actual procedures we did.
ivf [at RBA] - we got two cycles for about 20,000, and we able to get a refund if they were unsuccessful - minus the cost of medications...We went to the Lawrenceville location and it was very nice. For anything that had to be scheduled over the weekends or during holidays we went to the large downtown office, which was also great. Everyone was friendly and warm... They would always communicate back quickly and they were willing to work with you if you had an scheduling problems.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
I cannot recommend him enough. He made me feel comfortable, and explained all my options. He genuinely seemed like he cared about us as patients. He always took time to talk to us and made sure we were comfortable, and he gave us three beautiful babies.
Just go see him - he will talk you through all your options and help you make the best decision for your family.
We started off with metformin and femara, and then moved to an iui. We were unsuccessful. The next cycle we planned for ivf with gonal-f and an estrogen drug and crinone for progesterone. I didn't have enough eggs for retrieval, so we switched to an iui and that was successful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The whole staff is very friendly and supportive. They would always communicate back quickly and they were willing to work with you if you had an scheduling problems.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
I know that I was able to get a plan for my ivf - we got two cycles for about 20,000, and we able to get a refund if they were unsuccessful - minus the cost of medications/
I think we was willing to help the patient decide on a case by case basis.
2013 - 2014, Successful
Care was specialized and custom to my past fertility issues. Testing and treatment was thorough, explained and I was made to feel comfortable with the fact that there were things beyond my control however my doctor assured me that I can achieve a pregnancy with help...Dr. Mitchell-Leef was direct, candid and honest. I appreciated her complete candor and the ability to tell me exactly what was going on without making me feel like a failure. She was able to show empathy and presented a well structured plan to help me achieve my goal. I felt very much like part of a team that was willing to work hard for the best outcome attainable.
Care was specialized and custom to my past fertility issues. Testing and treatment was thorough, explained and I was made to feel comfortable with the fact that there were things beyond my control however my doctor assured me that I can achieve a pregnancy with help...My nurse and care coordinator were incredibly compassionate, great listeners, very good communicators and always calm and caring.
How was your experience with Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
Stay the course, ask questions if you are uncertain and rely on the experts. From the nurses to the doctors, believe in them and trust them and you will succeed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
Describe the protocols Dorothy Mitchell-Leef used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I used donor eggs given my age and history so the preparation is standard with the hormone and steroid injections. My first implantation failed so my dr. and her team met to discuss the outcome and she changed the protocol to add a uterine scratch test. There was a marginal change in the injection protocol, but after the scratch test and the second implantation I had a positive HCG
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Nancy Ellsworth)
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is professional, has a warm environment yet definitely is very high quality. Exactly what I expected for the money.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA.
Describe Dorothy Mitchell-Leef's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Very strong approach to single implantation. We were happy with that decision.
Dorothy Mitchell-Leef
2012 - 2014, Successful
I always felt like I was his [Dr. Toledo's] most important patient. When my first IVF cycle did not result in a pregnancy I felt like he was just as disappointed as my husband and I were. He was upbeat when we needed him to be and he was warm and calming when we needed him to be...caring & understanding. He always spent a lot of time with my husband and I.
All of the nurses [at RBA] were wonderful!...It's very nice, clean and everyone is friendly....Sometimes I found that checking out was slower and there were days when I was upset or stressed and just needed to leave there as quickly as possible...I always felt like I was his [Dr. Toledo's] most important patient. When my first IVF cycle did not result in a pregnancy I felt like he was just as disappointed as my husband and I were. He was upbeat when we needed him to be and he was warm and calming when we needed him to be.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
I always felt like I was his most important patient. When my first IVF cycle did not result in a pregnancy I felt like he was just as disappointed as my husband and I were. He was upbeat when we needed him to be and he was warm and calming when we needed him to be.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
You probably won't get in to see him as quickly as you might like, but I promise he is worth waiting to see.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo was so warm, patient, caring & understanding. He always spent a lot of time with my husband and I.
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I do not remember.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
All of the nurses were wonderful! I was sad to leave them once I was passed 12 weeks.
Describe your experience with RBA.
It's very nice, clean and everyone is friendly. When I did my IUIs with another doctor in the practice I didn't always get to see her which was a negative for me. Sometimes I found that checking out was slower and there were days when I was upset or stressed and just needed to leave there as quickly as possible. When I was first at the practice I don't believe there were any support groups available which would have been helpful. I do believe that may have changed since then. I think support groups for different issues would be a great thing for them to offer their patients. ...........................
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
I don't remember
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
We first did a single embryo transfer at Dr. Toledo's recommendation. It didn't result in a pregnancy. The next time we transferred two at his recommendation which resulted in one baby. For our second child he recommended two again but we chose do transfer just one as we were not in a hurry and did not want multiples and that resulted in one baby.
2010 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr Slayden] treated us for our infertility, one time ending with tubal pregnancy (which he himself performed the operation to remove the tube - in fact he insisted upon it!), and the other two pregnancies ended with two sets of twins. He rejoiced greatly with us when we were able to get pregnant, and often told us of other cases that gave him great hope from his past. His staff, especially Nancy, were caring with all of our questions, and were certain to get back to us as soon as they could about any questions that we had. They never blew us off even with the silliest of questions.
They [the staff at RBA] are extremely passionate about their work, and want you to be just as passionate. They are very loving, and are easy to work with. One downside is that there are very little credit options or payment options, at least when we were there. This made is somewhat hard for us to pay everything, although we did. Second cycles are much cheaper, and freezing embryos is very very inexpensive.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden was very straightforward about the expectations and realities of our particular infertility. He made sure to tell us the risks that were inherent with our treatment, but was also optimistic about our chances of pregnancy. We almost always saw Dr. Slayden for appointments, and during transfers, he was present and was in complete control of the room. He also made sure to state his success rates versus the national average. Also, he made us feel at ease with him from the first visit.
Be open and honest with Dr. Slayden. He can see through hesitancy or lies.
Dr. Slayden and his staff always treated us as a family member would do. We always felt more than just a case. He always was fair and straightforward without being mean or painful. He treated us for our infertility, one time ending with tubal pregnancy (which he himself performed the operation to remove the tube - in fact he insisted upon it!), and the other two pregnancies ended with two sets of twins. He rejoiced greatly with us when we were able to get pregnant, and often told us of other cases that gave him great hope from his past. His staff, especially Nancy, were caring with all of our questions, and were certain to get back to us as soon as they could about any questions that we had. They never blew us off even with the silliest of questions.
We used clomid at first to see if we could get pregnant that way. This ended up not being successful in getting pregnant. We ended up doing a full egg retrieval using various drugs that were very successful (38 eggs retrieved). We ended up using progesterone shots for four weeks before transfer, then for the next six weeks after implant twice per day. We also used a steroid shot before implant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
Nancy was the best. She always was compassionate, but also stern to make sure we were following our care plan. She wanted us to have the best chance of success. She also made sure that we were coordinated with the pharmacy, as well as the business office.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The office does have pay to park at their facility in Sandy Springs (the one we went to). There is sometimes a bit of a wait for your nurse and doctor, but not long. They are extremely passionate about their work, and want you to be just as passionate. They are very loving, and are easy to work with. One downside is that there are very little credit options or payment options, at least when we were there. This made is somewhat hard for us to pay everything, although we did. Second cycles are much cheaper, and freezing embryos is very very inexpensive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
We had costs for various procedures. Per our insurance, they covered everything UNTIL we had the prognosis of infertility. This was not a problem with the clinic, but rather our insurance. Dr. Slayden put off a full diagnosis until the last possible moment to allow insurance to pay for a great deal of our treatment. We had costs for the operating room for embryo retrieval, as well as for our embryologist. This was covered in a 'down payment', which was used up by the time we were finished. Costs for freezing was very low per year, and the second cycle was much cheaper than the first. There were no additional costs outside of treatment for the second cycle.
2013, Successful
Dr. Shapiro had genuine compassion, delicately expressed, and was truly with us along the way ... After 5 cycles at another top clinic in the country, that either failed or resulted in miscarriage, Dr. Shapiro read our chart, new exactly what to do and handled everything with his uncharted brilliance and delicacy. I respect him so much as a person. ... We used icsi and out of 9 embryos, 8 came back genetically perfect.
It was with one ultrasound technician who, unaware of a heterotopic pregnancy, raised her voice to me that I was "making myself bleed by coming in for ultrasounds," which, would have killed me had I not since I was bleeding internally. Additionally, 5 times RBA has transmitted the wrong insurance information and lost documentation of having been paid. ... The billing dept was short and rude, and though ultimately discovered they were in the wrong. It was a massive headache and somewhat traumatic
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shapiro was truly compassionate, beyond careful, and perfectly funny. We care for him so much. After 5 cycles at another top clinic in the country, that either failed or resulted in miscarriage, Dr. Shapiro read our chart, new exactly what to do and handled everything with his uncharted brilliance and delicacy. I respect him so much as a person.
Just do it.
I remember that we lessened the amount of medication that I had been put on from another clinic. We used icsi and out of 9 embryos, 8 came back genetically perfect.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
We had one nurse who was very harsh and incorrect about a complication that arose. Also, the billing team repeatedly billed things wrong, lost payments, never accounted for payments and were very rude despite being totally in the wrong every single time, not accounting for thousands of dollars.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The doctor is amazing, billing department was terrible to deal with. But it is worth it. Document everything that you pay, etc., and you will have to talk to insurance, etc. But I always felt like I was in phenomenal hands with doctors there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
We had insurance coverage so it was minimal
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
It was with one ultrasound technician who, unaware of a heterotopic pregnancy, raised her voice to me that I was "making myself bleed by coming in for ultrasounds," which, would have killed me had I not since I was bleeding internally. Additionally, 5 times RBA has transmitted the wrong insurance information and lost documentation of having been paid. I also had to go through a third party doctor to get approval for payment because they filed incorrectly. Then was called two years later demanding payment, even though they were paid. The billing dept was short and rude, and though ultimately discovered they were in the wrong. It was a massive headache and somewhat traumatic
2012, Successful
He's [Dr Daniel Shapiro] very friendly and knowledgeable. He takes plenty of time and put my partner at ease too. Sometimes, even as an MD I didn't understand everything he was saying but my questions and confusion were quickly straightened out by him or his staff...I did agonist trigger, freeze all and had 5 normals from my group of 10 blasts out of of 18 embryos. Everything went exactly the way he thought too.
Though huge, RBA felt like a personal experience. They had just moved to their new office and my care overlapped both buildings. I was worried that the move would affect my outcome but I worried needlessly. The only complaint...the business office doesn't understand the clinical charges very well. Lots of confusion there.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He's very friendly and knowledgeable. He takes plenty of time and put my partner at ease too. Sometimes, even as an MD I didn't understand everything he was saying but my questions and confusion were quickly straightened out by him or his staff
He often runs late so don't be in a rush when you come. Expect to be in the office 2 or more hours for a first visit, especially if you have a complicated history
He explained EVERYTHING and took all the time we needed
My husband and I want at least three kids so IVF with CGH on our embryos made a lot of sense. I was predicted to be a high responder ( and I was) so we had plenty of embryos to work with. We could have done shots and IUI but the multiple birth risk was too high and we knew I might need an agonist trigger to avoid OHSS. I did agonist trigger, freeze all and had 5 normals from my group of 10 blasts out of of 18 embryos. Everything went exactly the way he thought too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Rossi)
Rossi was very kind and patient. I was pretty demanding and she took her time with me.
We spent about 20,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
The missed result was not that big a deal but I had to repeat a Hepatitis test for screening because the result was indeterminate and I had to be sure I was negative before starting. The business office charged me twice for the test but later the nurse straightened them out.
2004 - 2011, Successful
He [Dr. Toledo] really cares about his patients and gives personal attention even when out of town. Very thorough and never in a big hurry when talking...He has the best bedside manner of any doc I've ever met even beyond the fertility realm. He is available for phone calls and seeks out information if it's not available. He shares his thought process with his patients...My uterine lining wasn't absorbing progesterone at the same rate across the uterus and he figured that out and tested the problem. I had my first at almost 36 and my last at 42.
Front desk [at RBA] isn't fabulous and you may have to wait for an initial appt. it's dr Toledo that's amazing, the clinic is good...[Nurse] She knew what the situation was most of the time and if not would check with doc and get back to me. Most of the time I spoke with the doc though which was awesome!...It's important to him that patients are taken care of and feel like people not sheep. He has the best bedside manner of any doc I've ever met even beyond the fertility realm.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
It's important to him that patients are taken care of and feel like people not sheep. He has the best bedside manner of any doc I've ever met even beyond the fertility realm. He is available for phone calls and seeks out information if it's not available. He shares his thought process with his patients. I went through 5 IUI cycles,a fresh in vitro ICSI transfer, frozen cycle and pregnancy. I now have 3 boys ages 13,11, and 7. Two natural pregnancies after the first which was successful after an in vitro frozen cycle. My uterine lining wasn't absorbing progesterone at the same rate across the uterus and he figured that out and tested the problem. I had my first at almost 36 and my last at 42.
He is amazing!!!
He really cares about his patients and gives personal attention even when out of town. Very thorough and never in a big hurry when talking.
What worked me in the end was his absolute dedication to the specific lab results from checking my progesterone levels even while out of town. He discovered in the end that not all of my cells were absorbing the progesterone at the same rate and therefore my uterine lining was inconsistent. He came up with this while out of town on vacation!!!! He himself called to check my levels.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Front desk isn't fabulous and you may have to wait for an initial appt. it's dr Toledo that's amazing, the clinic is good.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
My insurance covered lab work and ultrasounds and some visits to doc, not the procedures themselves. It was 13 years ago so IVF was about 10,000 per cycle.
Don't recall. I transferred 2 first cycle with no success and then 4 on a frozen cycle and had a singleton pregnancy with no complications.

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Best is the doctor that gave us our hope back in fertility. She has a clear path toward getting us our children and she is so dedicated to us...She’s an incredible doctor who has gone through IVF herself. She feels her patient’s pain and helps every way possible...I have unexplained infertility. Dr. Best ordered all the screenings and panels to come to a conclusion. We already did a SHG before meeting with her. She wanted a HSG where she found polyps and hysteroscopy to remove them.
The front staff [at RBA] could be a bit more helpful... and organized...R-Baby Guarantee program is $19,000 (included PGT testing and 7 retrievals)...Chrissi [nurse] is the best! She’s a perfect pair with Dr. Best. She understands the pain we’re going through and has always been caring and responsive...Getting everything together for your first consult can feel earth-shattering. There are a lot of terrifying emotions going into it all - but know this: you’re in the best hands
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best is the doctor that gave us our hope back in fertility. She has a clear path toward getting us our children and she is so dedicated to us. We followed her from her other clinic because we believe in how she believes in us. We didn’t want IVF at first, but she made us both so comfortable. We love her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at RBA?
It’s tough. Getting everything together for your first consult can feel earth-shattering. There are a lot of terrifying emotions going into it all - but know this: you’re in the best hands. She will help you, listen to you, and make sense of all this!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at RBA?
I felt like a human. She’s an incredible doctor who has gone through IVF herself. She feels her patient’s pain and helps every way possible. I’m not just another patient.
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I have unexplained infertility. Dr. Best ordered all the screenings and panels to come to a conclusion. We already did a SHG before meeting with her. She wanted a HSG where she found polyps and hysteroscopy to remove them. We were ready for IVF but Covid19 put a stop to our plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Chrissi Copeland)
Chrissi is the best! She’s a perfect pair with Dr. Best. She understands the pain we’re going through and has always been caring and responsive.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The front staff could be a bit more helpful... and organized. Outside of that, o haven’t had too many interactions with other staff at RBA just yet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
R-Baby Guarantee program is $19,000 (included PGT testing and 7 retrievals). Copays covered visits ($50).
Sandy Springs

I mainly went to the Lawrenceville and Sandy Spring locations [of RBA]. I went to the Marietta office once (Dr. Best's main location). My experiences at Sandy Springs have been mostly well save for some issues with the billing here, they informed me I was not covered for something when I clearly was which was a huge frustration. After calling my insurance company they reached out to the billing at the office and cleared this up.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
I came in as a PCOS patient not knowing if I would ever be able to conceive and came from a clinic where I felt as if I my opinion did not count. Dr. Best was very easy to communicate with and listened from the consult moving forward. During our first cycle she made very clear to us the risks and possibilities that could arise which made us feel both hopeful and allowed us to keep realistic goals in mind. We did manage to get a BFP on our first letrozole/trigger shot/IUI cycle, unfortunately this ending in early miscarriage. This has no bearing on Dr. Best, it was just nature doing what it had to do. But just knowing we got our BFP first try, let's us know she has us in the right direction. Thank you Dr. Best.
The wait time for an initial consult may take longer than you like, but with a bit of patience I promise it is worth the wait. She is very patient, kind and sensitive to your situation and you will not regret your decision to be treated by her.
Dr. Best has the best bedside manner of doctors I have seen on my fertility journey. She is direct and gives you realistic expectations while being able to relay the information in a manner delicate enough for the issue at hand. For this alone I am grateful for.
I had originally done an HSG with a previous provider, so Dr. Best wanted to do an SHG just to make sure all was well with my uterus itself and we also cofirmed my AMH levels. After clearing the HSG AND SHG she decided to treat me with a combination of dexamethasone, Letrozole days 5-9, trigger shot and baby aspirin. I came in for 2 ultrasounds about a week after my last letrozole pill to confirm follicle size. We did IUI 36 hrs after trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
The nursing staff was very quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had and they were also sensitive to my situation.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I mainly went to the Lawrenceville and Sandy Spring locations. I went to the Marietta office once (Dr. Best's main location). My experiences at Sandy Springs have been mostly well save for some issues with the billing here, they informed me I was not covered for something when I clearly was which was a huge frustration. After calling my insurance company they reached out to the billing at the office and cleared this up. My only issue with the one appointment I had at the Marietta office is they were a little late returning from lunch, my appt was right at the time they are to return from lunch and I waited in the hall for about 15mins.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
My insurance covered most of my expenses. Without insurance I believe a letrozole/IUI is aprox 1000.00 per cycle.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Straub showed a great deal of compassion and expertise as we were undergoing the IVF treatment. He is extremely efficient and specific when it comes to explanations and reasons for the process and methods we used to get pregnant. He displayed wonderful planning skills and went through a timeline of the treatment...It was a high-risk pregnancy due to my age and my husband's chromosome displacement. I had hysteroscopy (due to previous miscarriages), endometrial scratching (to stimulate uterus for IVF transfer), took synthroid to control my thyroid, and we used injections (progesterone, estrogen, etc) to prepare my body for pregnancy and beyond.
RBA is highly organized and well-run IVF clinic. The staff is super friendly and they know you on a first name basis...Treatment cost (procedure plus medicine) cost for a total of around $25,000...Karen and Amy were extremely polite and effective in communicating and responding to any questions I had...Dr. Straub showed a great deal of compassion and expertise as we were undergoing the IVF treatment. He is extremely efficient and specific when it comes to explanations and reasons for the process and methods we used to get pregnant. He displayed wonderful planning skills and went through a timeline of the treatment.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is trustworthy and an expert in his field. He gave us confidence that we needed throughout the IVF treatment.
Excellent communication when it came to the treatment and process that I and my husband had to undergo. All the steps were explained in the detail and the response time on our questions was prompt.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen and Amy)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Treatment cost (procedure plus medicine) cost for a total of around $25,000.
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Straub might be lacking a little in the bedside manner, but he is very straightforward and I can appreciate that. My husband, however, didn't like it very much. He could seem callous at times, but things get very emotional and you have to tone it down a little to get on with things. He is extremely intelligent and an excellent dr.
RBA is a bit bigger office, therefore they are busier. Everyone was very nice, but there were still longer waits and more systematic testing. You usually see whichever dr. is on call or a nurse...VF is very expensive, but RBA does offer a military discount. 25% off for veterans and 50% off for active duty.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is very smart and knows what he is doing. He may come off a little sharp, but he means well.
Egg retrieval used follistem, due to a big response, we froze the eggs/embryos for a frozen transfer. First frozen embryo transfer went great, positive test. Low BHcg, however. Saw/heard heartbeat at 6 weeks, 2 weeks later, no more heartbeat. D & C was done at 8 weeks. Did blood test to see if there was a clotting disorder with me and came back heterozygous factor V Leiden gene. Second transfer went great, again and added anticoagulant injections (heparin). First BHcg was a higher positive, 2nd Bhcg went down. Chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen Feagin)
Easy to communicate with, respond quickly and are very willing to work with you.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Big and busy, but very nice. Nice facility and nice people.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
IVF is very expensive, but RBA does offer a military discount. 25% off for veterans and 50% off for active duty.
2014 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] was very straightforward and personal with my care. Gave me the facts and I respect that the most...Very straightforward and friendly. Read my history prior to visit and open to answering all my questions and concerns. Very sympathic when delivering bad news...Due to my age (38yrs) my eggs were considered old. The protocol was simple. Create eggs and inseminate them. We waited until day 5 to tranfer. 1st transfer we did 2. 1 became live birth other miscarriage at 9wks. 2nd and 3rd were frozen tranfers. 1 did not take. The other became chemical pregnancy. If I was to start a fresh cycle again at 40yr I was told he would put 4 eggs in. However my chances were so low due to age he would be surprised if any took. I am blessed to have been able to have 1. For me it became to emotional and expensive to try a fresh cycle again.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Very straightforward and friendly. Read my history prior to visit and open to answering all my questions and concerns. Very sympathic when delivering bad news. The end I have no more say and am writing to make 200 words as required
He is very straightforward even if you don't like what he has to say
He was very straightforward and personal with my care. Gave me the facts and I respect that the most
Describe your experience with RBA.
They we great. Always on time. Ultrasound nurse also amazing. Very open about what they were looking for or at. Clinical nurse very responsive to emails and training on medication
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Insurance covered some. I paid out of pocket Aprox. $800.00 for medicine. I paid 5000.00 for each tranfer. And office visits they had a deposit for. I don't remember price. With out insurance coverage I believe it would be apox 15,000-20,000
Sandy Springs
He [Dr. Slayden] was very caring. He took his time to listen. He explained everything very thoroughly...Compassionate, caring, great listener. Intelligent and the first doctor that was able to diagnose my condition. His knowledge and his experience gave us our family that we desired for. I had the best experience in such a short time with him & his staff... I started BC pills on day 2 of my period for 3 weeks. 2 Weeks after I started the pills, I started Lupron. I took 10 units of lupron daily for about 10 days then decreased to 5 units up until 6 days before my transfer.
RBA is very organized. They care for there patients with compassion and kindness. Great communication. They have created a frozen donor egg bank, called MyEggBank North America and an embryo donation program. They offer financing.... My nurse Jennifer was the best! She was always there to answer any question I had. She was very organized. And caring... He [Dr. Slayden] was very caring. He took his time to listen. He explained everything very thoroughly
Trust him!
He was very caring. He took his time to listen. He explained everything very thoroughly
I started BC pills on day 2 of my period for 3 weeks. 2 Weeks after I started the pills, I started Lupron. I took 10 units of lupron daily for about 10 days then decreased to 5 units up until 6 days before my transfer. At the same time I started Estrace. (2mg tab) 1/2 tab 2x daily for 5 days. I also started 81mg of baby aspirin. After those 5 days I increased the Estrace to 1 tab 2x daily then increased again 4days later to 1 tab 3x daily. 5 days before my transfer I added in PIO 1x day Doxycycline 2x day & Medrol 1x day. From transfer day on I continued Estrace & PIO. I don’t remember when I stopped the Estrace. The PIO I stopped taking at 12 weeks pregnant. I delivered a healthy baby girl!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
My insurance covered most of it.
2014, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Pavna Brahma] listen to my thoughts about what I wanted during a cycle...She has an excellent bedside manner and she’s very warm and caring...She works with you on a plan that you can both agree on. She always kept me in the loop... I saw her every visit. She’s very thorough in her testing and blood work. She didn’t test for any immune or genetic issues though and felt it wasn’t warranted. I felt differently but my insurance also didn’t cover it. She made sure that I was on the correct supplements during my preparation phase and that I saw a dietitian that specialize in PCOS and prenatal health.
The wait time can be long [at RBA] so get the early morning appointments if possible. If you switch to a different RBA location you must request your records to be sent as they aren’t available system wide for some reason...Our start was to get my PCOS under control then prepare for IVF with ICSI...She [Dr. Pavna Brahma] listen to my thoughts about what I wanted during a cycle...She has an excellent bedside manner and she’s very warm and caring
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
She works with you on a plan that you can both agree on. She always kept me in the loop and made sure we took strived to my PCOD under control first. I saw her every visit. She’s very thorough in her testing and blood work. She didn’t test for any immune or genetic issues though and felt it wasn’t warranted. I felt differently but my insurance also didn’t cover it. She made sure that I was on the correct supplements during my preparation phase and that I saw a dietitian that specialize in PCOS and prenatal health.
Make a list of concerns you have. Make sure she has any records that pertain to your fertility weeks before your appointment and if possible have your ob/gyn do a preliminary workout so you can ask questions.
She listen to my thoughts about what I wanted during a cycle, the outcome of the cycle and agreed on what we needed to do to prepared. She has an excellent bedside manner and she’s very warm and caring. I really like her.
Our start was to get my PCOS under control then prepare for IVF with ICSI.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The wait time can be long so get the early morning appointments if possible. If you switch to a different RBA location you must request your records to be sent as they aren’t available system wide for some reason.
My insurance covered everything

2013, Successful
I actually dealt exclusively with Dr. Straub over the telephone and traveled to Atlanta for embryo transfers. Each time we spoke, I found him intelligent and compassionate and felt I had time devoted to me to have any questions answered...At the point where I started working with him, I had been through 4 IVFs elsewhere, so I was well-versed on what the deal was. I was able to have intelligent conversations with him and left feeling informed...
I had a great experience at RBA - I actually have nothing bad to say...Cheley was responsive, pleasant and on top of things, and always got back to me quickly via email or phone when needed. The other nurses I dealt with were exactly the same...If you live out of town, it is possible to do it all remotely if you have been through the IVF/embryo transfer process elsewhere...
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I live in NYC and used donor eggs at RBA. I actually dealt exclusively with Dr. Straub over the telephone and traveled to Atlanta for embryo transfers. Each time we spoke, I found him intelligent and compassionate and felt I had time devoted to me to have any questions answered.
I was pleased that Dr. Straub didn't mind when I requested not to have to go on birth control pills prior to the transfer protocol. He also suggested an alternative to progesterone injections (Crinone) that my other doctor wouldn't let me do. He was flexible after hearing what I liked and did not like about my other experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Cheley)
Describe your experience with RBA.
I had a great experience at RBA - I actually have nothing bad to say.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
everything was paid for upfront.
Since I used donor eggs, I felt that my success was different than if I was using my own 41-42 year old eggs and since I did not want twins, I was all for the single embryo transfer.

2015 - 2022, Unknown Success
I have been with Dr. Shapiro for several years and have experienced a variety of outcomes, both good and bad, and setbacks along the way. He always clearly explains every step and is willing to go into as much or as little detail as you'd like...Would not do multiples...[he] not only knows the science but the emotional impact
Wait times [at RBA] are generally very low, which is great. Lots of flexibility for early morning appts. Patient portal is easiest way to communicate. They are typically very busy for new patients, but once you get in they are very accommodating. Phlebotomists are awesome...[nurses are] Very responsive over patient portal. Really difficult to get on the phone. Otherwise, really kind and tries hard to get the answers you need.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He can be quirky at times, so just go with it and appreciate a good laugh.
Dr. Shapiro is the kindest, most caring doctor. He is incredibly invested in your health and outcomes and not only knows the science but the emotional impact.
Agonist protocol for egg retrievals. Estrogen/progesterone for transfers
Describe your experience with RBA.
Wait times are generally very low, which is great. Lots of flexibility for early morning appts. Patient portal is easiest way to communicate. They are typically very busy for new patients, but once you get in they are very accommodating. Phlebotomists are awesome.
~$30,000
Describe Daniel Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Would not do multiples.

2018 - 2020, Successful
[Dr. Rubin] Stated the facts plainly, which I wanted, but excellent care and bedside manner when I was grieving an outcome or expectation...Fully answered any questions I had, compassionate bedside manner, upbeat, but always forthcoming regarding risks/outcomes. She fully explained when or why we needed to change course and I always felt like a very active participant in the decisions and direction of treatment....
[nurse at RBA was] Very compassionate. Due to my incessant phone calls, she was the one to inform me of my chemical pregnancy. She handled the whole situation perfectly — looking back, I wouldn’t have her change a thing, given the circumstances...Appreciate the Piedmont location. It was easy to get in and get out. The office at Sandy Springs is also becoming more updated. The staff that handle transfers and the embryologists are also excellent!...
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Wonderful, kind, competent doctor. Fully answered any questions I had, compassionate bedside manner, upbeat, but always forthcoming regarding risks/outcomes. She fully explained when or why we needed to change course and I always felt like a very active participant in the decisions and direction of treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Think about what matters to you — trying low intervention treatment first, trying to achieve pregnancy as quickly as possible, how much you’re willing to disrupt your life with medication and appts. Then she’ll work with you to help achieve those goals.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at RBA.
Approximately 4K for ea transfer Believe egg retrieval was 10-15k
Describe Jessica Rubin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
eSET due to risk of complications with multiples.
Jessica Rubin
Sandy Springs
I saw Monica [Dr. Best] at most of my appointments. However, she did not perform my insemination. Maybe it’s because it was held on a weekend. She was present for all of the informative appointments and I knew exactly what the treatment process would be like and what to expect next. She always makes sure all of my questions are answered and it’s almost like talking to a life-long friend.
They [RBA - Sandy Springs] are very knowledgeable with a friendly staff. They have many patents so sometimes appointments run longer than they should but that’s because they answer everyone’s questions and you never feel rushed or like you’re just a number....Cost for meds were about $100 - $200 and the insemination was $480.... I saw Monica at most of my appointments. However, she did not perform my insemination.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
I saw Monica at most of my appointments. However, she did not perform my insemination. Maybe it’s because it was held on a weekend. She was present for all of the informative appointments and I knew exactly what the treatment process would be like and what to expect next. She always makes sure all of my questions are answered and it’s almost like talking to a life-long friend.
She is amazing and very caring. She will answer your questions and make sure you are knowledgeable about the entire process.
She’s always warm and welcoming. She even gives hugs. She explains everything to me thoroughly.
She suggested we start with IUI and if we don’t have a successful pregnancy after 3 treatments to then consider IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Sierra)
She is very straight forward and responds quickly.
Describe your experience with RBA.
They are very knowledgeable with a friendly staff. They have many patents so sometimes appointments run longer than they should but that’s because they answer everyone’s questions and you never feel rushed or like you’re just a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
Cost for meds were about $100 - $200 and the insemination was $480.
Sandy Springs

From the first time I met Dr. Toledo, he was very personable and took the time to get to know me and my medical history. He welcomes any questions I have and is very thorough in his explanations. He is always warm and friendly every time he greets me - even if our meetings are short, they never feel rushed.... He told me my left fallopian tube was blocked and needed to be surgically removed. He explained why this was the best option and also let me know that there was a small possibility he could need to remove the right tube as well.
The clinic [RBA Sandy Springs] is run very well. Initially, it was difficult to get an appointment set up but after I met with Dr. Toledo the turn around time has been much better. I think communication is good- however, I would personally like reminder phone calls before appointments.... From the first time I met Dr. Toledo, he was very personable and took the time to get to know me and my medical history. He welcomes any questions I have and is very thorough in his explanations.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
The first time I met Dr. Toledo, he was very straight to the point. He told me my left fallopian tube was blocked and needed to be surgically removed. He explained why this was the best option and also let me know that there was a small possibility he could need to remove the right tube as well. He understood that I did not want this to happen but agreed he could remove it if he thought it was best. Fortunately, during surgery he only needed to remove my left tube. I am currently using fertility drugs to help me ovulate and he has been aggressive about how long he wants to try this route.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is run very well. Initially, it was difficult to get an appointment set up but after I met with Dr. Toledo the turn around time has been much better. I think communication is good- however, I would personally like reminder phone calls before appointments.