1800 Northside Forsyth Drive
(404)665-5722
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900

Dr. Shapiro takes a personal approach with his patients. Even conducting the ultrasounds each cycle. He is very personable and put me at ease. I would definelty reccommend him for anyone needing treatment.... We used clomid in advance of IUI. Also a trigger shot. Unfortunately, we were unable to go through with the IUI because my husband has retrograde ejaculation. His sample was not viable so the IUI could not be done. Our only hope is IVF.
When calling it [RBA-Sandy Springs], its difficult to manage the phone system and what number to push to talk to a real person. I finally got the hang of it, but it was a little frustrating at first. I eventually thought to ask the nurses in person for a better number instead of the main line.... They [the nurses] were very imformative and responsive. The hardest thing was getting through to them. Once they called back, they were amazing.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Stay on top of the financial aspect and info with your insurance and confirm with the Dr's financial office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Sharpiro took his time and explained every single step in length.
Describe the protocols Daniel Shapiro used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They were very imformative and responsive. The hardest thing was getting through to them. Once they called back, they were amazing.
Describe your experience with RBA.
When calling it, its difficult to manage the phone system and what number to push to talk to a real person. I finally got the hang of it, but it was a little frustrating at first. I eventually thought to ask the nurses in person for a better number instead of the main line.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
With my insurance, I was quoted $3,000 out of pocket. And then medications $4k to $7k
Describe Daniel Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Dr. Shapiro suggested transferring one single embyro at a time.
Sandy Springs
Dr Toledo was not only my physician but my friend and cheerleader. He is so caring and compassionate and never gave up on us. ... Dr Toledo was so compassionate and never in a hurry ... He went the extra mile to insure he was always available for procedures. When I did finally get pregnant, Dr Toledo kept in touch and even paid us a visit in the hospital. He is truly a blessing to our family. ...
Nurses and communication can sometimes be a challenge. Lyndsey [nurse] is pretty good! ... MaryEllen at the front desk [RBA - Sandy Springs] is super. She makes everyone feel special ... Instructions and next steps are sometimes unclear ... Lisa Lovuglio was amazing. I couldn’t have made it through without her. She has left the practice now and it is not the same!! ...
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr Toledo was not only my physician but my friend and cheerleader. He is so caring and compassionate and never gave up on us. He went the extra mile to insure he was always available for procedures. When I did finally get pregnant, Dr Toledo kept in touch and even paid us a visit in the hospital. He is truly a blessing to our family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
It may take a while to get in to see him but he is well worth the wait!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr Toledo was so compassionate and never in a hurry. He always took time to answer all our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Describe your experience with RBA.
Nurses and communication can sometimes be a challenge. Lyndsey is pretty good! They’re not as detailed and compassionate as I expect after having worked with Lisa. MaryEllen at the front desk is super. She makes everyone feel special
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Dr Toledo was open to transferring one or two and respected our decision to only do one at a time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Instructions and next steps are sometimes unclear

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
We have been through quite a journey and Dr. Toledo has been there with us through it. He has a good bedside manner and I feel like he's invested in our success and wants to help us make our dream a reality. When one protocol doesn't work he tries to figure out something else for the best results...Dr. Toledo's team is really great and they are on top of it. Anytime I contact Krista for anything she is responsive and gets me the answers I'm looking for.
[RBA's] Strenghts-Everythng is at the office (surgery center, labs, egg bank, etc). This plave really does have everything you need if you are on this journey which is one of the reasons I picked it. We don't have to go elsewhere for any testing or procedures everything is right there. Weaknesses-It is so busy all the time and now the Dr on call does your transfer and retrieval no matter who your primary Dr is.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. This is your journey, your time and your money. If you don't understand something don't be afraid to speak up.
I feel that Dr. Toledo is invested in our success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Krista )
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
$14,500 (inclusig medications and ICSI)
Sandy Springs
Dr. Toledo has great bedside manner. He takes into consideration your beliefs and values and wants to determine the best course of treatment for you. He's very thorough and thoughtful. He's always willing to explain things more if necessary and makes you comfortable at all times...Krista is very blunt in her approach. She was also unaware of our beliefs and told me that our last embryos were discarded like trash when they didn't survive. If I had to do it again I'd request a different nurse, but she's Dr. Toledos nurse.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Trust his judgement. He's been doing this for 30 years. He knows what he's doing.
Dr. Toledo has great bedside manner and takes time to answer any questions or concerns about all procedures.
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Daily double dosage of menopur, gonal f for 10 days for IVF. Femara for 5 days for IUIs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Krista)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
My husband handles the bills. I'm unaware of the cost.
Sandy Springs
[RBA was] Very timely and quick w results. I wish the procedures and side effects were explained more...He [Dr. Robert Straub] was very personable, explained all our options. And what he thought would bring us the most success. When we had a scare he made sure to see us the following week to sit us down, and explain that they misread the ultrasound and that everything looked good...We were treated like a human dr.straub was very personable, and we developed a good rapport with him. Trusted him to guide in the right directions
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He was very personable, explained all our options. And what he thought would bring us the most success. When we had a scare he made sure to see us the following week to sit us down, and explain that they misread the ultrasound and that everything looked good.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at RBA?
To stay open minded that with every treatment there are different tests that have to be done before you can start. Stay patient. And take care of yourself
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at RBA?
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
We had male factor so after my husbands surgery didn't work we were told ivf was the best option since his sperm couldn't penetrate the egg
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennie)
She was very personable and took time to explain everything at each visit and also when I would call with questions.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RBA.
They went smoothly and wuick
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Since everything with me checked out fine we were encouraged to only transfer one
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
The secretary scheduled us twice for the wrong office but were accommodated when we showed up

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Brahma [at RBA] was extremely helpful and informative. She was was very positive about the procedures and our options. My husband and I were referred from the Macon GA Fertility Clinic. At the first appointment, we felt comfortable with continuing our fertility journey with Dr. Brahma and her team. My husband was treated by Dr. With, who was also very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Brahma to anyone. This is not an easy journey and having a great doctor does make a difference.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Dr. Brahma was extremely helpful and informative. She was was very positive about the procedures and our options. My husband and I were referred from the Macon GA Fertility Clinic. At the first appointment, we felt comfortable with continuing our fertility journey with Dr. Brahma and her team. My husband was treated by Dr. With, who was also very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Brahma to anyone. This is not an easy journey and having a great doctor does make a difference.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pavna Brahma at RBA?
I would advise a prospective patient to be completely open with Dr. Brahma. Also, to ask any questions that you may have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
She was honest and courteous with all of our questions and concerns.
Describe the protocols Pavna Brahma used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
In the beginning, we discovered that my egg reserve was low. As a result, we looked into using an egg donor.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
My experience with the nurses was always a good one. I had little contact with the nurses as Dr. Brahma was extremely involved in my care and she was present during every visit.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic has several locations which makes it easier for appointments. I cannot think of any weaknesses.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pavna Brahma at RBA.
We have the basic costs for our care: office visit copays, procedure costs and deductibles.
Pavna Brahma
Piedmont
Dr. Straub explained things well and let us know of the risks involved with the treatments. He was always positive and told us that if this specific treatment didn’t work, we would adjust and take the next step. Lucky for us, Clomid worked on the 1st cycle after some initial testing!...Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen. I still have his drawings for his explanations of our treatments. Amazing!
They [RBA - Atl Pied] were friendly and courteous. The clinic in ATL was a little difficult to locate at first but the receptionist was kind enough to provide directions. We were with them for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy and I would make the 1.5 hour drive a hundred times over....[nursing staff] They kept us well informed and communicated via telephone and email, which was very helpful...he nurses kept me informed and Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Do not hesitate. Schedule an appointment now to be referred!
The nurses kept me informed and Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen. I still have his drawings for his explanations of our treatments. Amazing!
Low dosage of Clomid with an injection- can’t recall the exact name of the injection
Describe your experience with RBA.
They were friendly and courteous. The clinic in ATL was a little difficult to locate at first but the receptionist was kind enough to provide directions. We were with them for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy and I would make the 1.5 hour drive a hundred times over.
$60 copay per visit
2012 - 2016, Successful
From the first visit to the last dr. Slayden treated us with respect and helped us create our family. When we recieved bad news him and his staff allowed us time to grieve and didnt rush us out to move on with their schedule. He would personally call to let us know results and allowed us to explore all options and testing to determine what steps were needed next.... Medications were adjusted throughout cycle based on ultrasound results.
Very friendly staff [RBA], clean office, easy to schedule appointments, quick responses when called. Major procedures are done through the main office in Atlanta with whoever the on call doctor is so it might not be your main doctor perfroming the procedure. All doctors that we worked with were wonderful and caring during our journey.... With surgeries and procedures it was about $15,000 total over 4 years.... They work well around your schedule and all his staff is very friendly and caring.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
Don't wait as long as I did. My only regret is that I didnt seek treatment sooner :)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Very personable. The doctor would actually call with blood results and next steps. They work well around your schedule and all his staff is very friendly and caring.
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
We used femera, with gonal-f, metformin, folic acid, and lovenox for our lui cycles. Medications were adjusted throughout cycle based on ultrasound results.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Very friendly staff, clean office, easy to schedule appointments, quick responses when called. Major procedures are done through the main office in Atlanta with whoever the on call doctor is so it might not be your main doctor perfroming the procedure. All doctors that we worked with were wonderful and caring during our journey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
With surgeries and procedures it was about $15,000 total over 4 years.
Describe Scott Slayden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Na
Scott Slayden
Lawrenceville

2015, Unknown Success
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is very direct and lacks a warm bedside manner. He even used the words "lousy" to describe my husbands semen sample at one time. While he is smart and knowledgeable, I often feel rushed when asking questions. My IUI and IVF attempts have been unsuccessful so far.
Be prepared to not have things sugar-coated.
His nurses were very nice and always answered emails and calls throughout the process. However, when delivering the news of the negative pregnancy test, it was very matter of fact. This is such a sensitive matter I felt a little more compassion could have been present along with next steps. I was told to call back to set another appt to go over everything after he met with the embryologist about my failed cycle. I wish I would have known more about why they chose at the time to put in only 1 embryo instead or 2, and what the grades of all 3 of my embryos are. I still don't know this, but do know they were good enough to be frozen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They were quick to respond to all of my questions via email or phone and quick with updates.

2015, Successful
Julie [an RBA nurse] was an awesome resource during my cycle. She was prompt in replying to my questions and able to answer detailed questions. I am grateful for her! Dr. Best is a deeply compassionate and skilled physician. She was familiar with my treatment history before our first visit and had immediate recommendations to improve the chances of a successful pregnancy for our next cycle. I work in healthcare, she is by far one of the best physicians I have worked with and she made me want to do a better job with my own patients.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at RBA?
Trust her. She is spectacular. If you have questions Dr. Best or her staff will make sure you are taken care of -ask them anything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at RBA?
I saw Dr. Best after an extremely negative experience with a previous provider. She was thorough, compassionate, & extremely positive. Transferring my care to her allowed me to heal and look forward to my next cycle with hope. She is an amazing physician and all around incredibly decent human being.
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Lupron down regulation before frozen embryo transfer, Progesterone in oil supplementation during luteal phase versus vaginal progesterone. Successful pregnancy was the result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Julie Morin)
Julie was an awesome resource during my cycle. She was prompt in replying to my questions and able to answer detailed questions. I am grateful for her!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
Travel, Medications, Cycle fee
Monica Best
Marietta
2015, Successful
His [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] style of loading us with lots of stats, facts and info is our style...He is very analytical...I had laparoscopy where a Fallopian tube was removed due to endometriosis. No additional treatment was needed...His confidence may come off as ego, but everything he told proved correct.
I know they [RBA] are busy. I wish I could have been seen sooner, but they have full schedules. Once I was "in" I appreciated not having to wait for appointments. The entire staff is kind. They are really great about explaining the back end (insurance etc)...The NP that I met with for pre-op and that did my HSG test was the perfect complement to Dr. Shapiro.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
His style of loading us with lots of stats, facts and info is our style. My husband probably could have engaged him in conversation all day long. Dr Shapiro does take a minute to warm up, but once we clicked we felt like we really connected.
Listen to him. He is honest. He has a brilliant mind and he is an expert in his field. His confidence may come off as ego, but everything he told proved correct.
He is very analytical. At first I worried we were going to be a number, but he looked at my file and asked a few questions. Once he had a handle on what he was dealing with we felt connected to him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I know they are busy. I wish I could have been seen sooner, but they have full schedules. Once I was "in" I appreciated not having to wait for appointments. The entire staff is kind. They are really great about explaining the back end (insurance etc)
We did discuss IVF and because of our religious beliefs he advised he would only do single embryo transfer if we went that route. He said it was the responsible/safe choice.
Sandy Springs
Felt very cared for in phone calls and emails, meeting with him [Dr. Slayden] was not rushed and very thorough...Very thorough compassionate caring and encouraging ! The tests are long and take forever but I felt confidence in him as a doctor trying to help us grow our family. I had a negative result but I still feel like he will get us there... Lupron after BC, estrogen patches, PI O... [RBA] Seems organized, clean, friendly staff, billing efficient, always return calls.
Seems organized, clean, friendly staff, billing efficient, always return calls. Staff [RBA- Sandy Springs] compassionate caring and warm. Had to travel out of state accommodating when stuck in traffic, felt cared about in all aspects... Discounted cycle for two embryos about 10,000... Love my nurse she is so caring, always gets back to me. Answers questions... Felt very cared for in phone calls and emails, meeting with him was not rushed and very thorough
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
None he is very personable and caring
Lupron after BC, estrogen patches, PI O
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Lynn Crane)
Love my nurse she is so caring, always gets back to me. Answers questions
Describe your experience with RBA.
Seems organized, clean, friendly staff, billing efficient, always return calls. Staff compassionate caring and warm. Had to travel out of state accommodating when stuck in traffic, felt cared about in all aspects
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Discounted cycle for two embryos about 10,000
They prefer to do only one as to not have high risk for over 40
Scott Slayden
Sandy Springs
He [Dr. Straub] seemed to care about our struggles and answered all questions honestly... He was very direct and explained every option and the rates at which each option would work. He gave us 3 different options and told us which one would work best if we wanted to conceive. He advised us to see a counselor as well to make sure we were on the correct path.... If you want a doctor who is blunt ans direct and will not sugar coat anything he is the guy.
The clinic [RBA - Cumming] is very organized which is a great quality and that helps make this less stressful for the patient. I liked how they give you a folder and tell you what you and your spouse must do to move on to treatment. They answer your emails promptly.... They were very caring and explained all testing and treatments and gave us a checklist that needed to be completed before moving on to IVF.... Our estimate is around $25,000-$30,000
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He seemed to care about our struggles and answered all questions honestly and he is very direct.
We have not started IVF with donar eggs yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Cunningham)
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is very organized which is a great quality and that helps make this less stressful for the patient. I liked how they give you a folder and tell you what you and your spouse must do to move on to treatment. They answer your emails promptly.
Our estimate is around $25,000-$30,000
Cumming
Very educated and felt very taken care of. [Dr. Robert Straub] and his team were amazing to our family. Now we are a family of three after one doctor told us we would have to do sperm donor to even get pregnant. That wasn’t the case at all. First try and we were pregnant with our baby boy...Communication was great...We had to do frozen transfer...Trust all of his advice
[The staff at RBA were] Very organized and willing to help. I loved the communication I had between the nurses. They were very positive and willing to walk you through everything over and over. Thankful for their team. They really were thr best out there...[Dr. Robert Straub] and his team were amazing to our family. Now we are a family of three after one doctor told us we would have to do sperm donor to even get pregnant. That wasn’t the case at all.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Very educated and felt very taken care of. Straub and his team were amazing to our family. Now we are a family of three after one doctor told us we would have to do sperm donor to even get pregnant. That wasn’t the case at all. First try and we were pregnant with our baby boy.
Trust all of his advice
Communication was great as I felt very taken care of.
This is hard to remember specially but here goes nothing! Before retrieval: Follistim Pen + Gonal baby aspirin Progesterone shot Antibiotic We had to do frozen transfer Progesterone
20k

2014 - 2016, Successful
The clinic [RBA] is set up oddly with pods, but overall has an effective flow...Getting pricing from the business office was a nightmare. It was completely disorganized and I had no idea what I needed to pay completely until the day I started drugs. It was extremely frustrating...He [Dr. Andrew Toledo] took the time to explain my choices to me throughly. IVF was not something we had anticipated doing and he was very understanding and sympathetic when we had to decide to go that route. He called me the day of my D&C from his cell phone to check on me and that meant a lot.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He took the time to explain my choices to me throughly. IVF was not something we had anticipated doing and he was very understanding and sympathetic when we had to decide to go that route. He called me the day of my D&C from his cell phone to check on me and that meant a lot.
Be patient. He is very good at what he does and he has a very large patient list. Sometimes your appointment is delayed quite a bit but it's because he is making sure each patient understands what is happening.
He was very compassionate and talked to me like a person and not a "patient"
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is set up oddly with pods, but overall has an effective flow
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
It wasn't cheap, that's for sure. But it was worth it now that I have my child.
Sandy Springs
[Dr. Monica Best] made me feel like I was so important to her...I felt informed and cared for during my treatment. I had 3 IUI cycles. 2 resulted in pregnancy with one miscarriage. Dr. Best was informative, while being caring. She is a very warm welcoming individual...Completed IUI with clomid, a shot, and the hormone that was applied at night.
[nurse of RBA] Nice but not as warm as Dr. Best. Quality care. I was not uncomfortable but not As comfortable with her as I was with Dr. Best...Front office was kind several locations available for easier access. The staff was all kind and answered all my questions swiftly...Insurance covered all testing. Treatment cost around $1500 per IUI. In the end it was close to $5000
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best is one of my favorite people on the planet. I felt informed and cared for during my treatment. I had 3 IUI cycles. 2 resulted in pregnancy with one miscarriage. Dr. Best was informative, while being caring. She is a very warm welcoming individual.
Don’t hesitate to see her. She is amazing.
Dr. Best made me feel like I was so important to her. I looked forward to seeing her, even though it was such a hard time.
Completed IUI with clomid, a shot, and the hormone that was applied at night.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Betsy )
Describe your experience with RBA.
Front office was kind (Amanda) several locations available for easier access. The staff was all kind and answered all my questions swiftly. I do not recall any specific weaknesses in the clinic I am pleased with my experience there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
None
Monica Best

2012 - 2015, Successful
She is direct and a known entity. This is not her first rodeo so there is great comfort in that she knows what she is doing...Ask for as much clarity on the front end as possible!!
The practice is clearly busy but I felt like Dr. Mitchell's team really gets to know the in's and out's of your case and when you are in it, they are very responsive...Krista and Nancy are INCREDIBLE!
How was your experience with Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
Ask for as much clarity on the front end as possible!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
The practice is clearly busy but I felt like Dr. Mitchell's team really gets to know the in's and out's of your case and when you are in it, they are very responsive. However getting the roadmap of every place you are going and the steps along the way was hard from the beginning.
Describe the protocols Dorothy Mitchell-Leef used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Gonal F, Ganirelex- poor egg quality, 23 eggs, all froze, 17 thawed, 10 embryos, 3 made to blast Lupron, Menopur, Follistim- 19 eggs, 16 embryos with ICSI, 9 embryos made to blast.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Krista )
Krista and Nancy are INCREDIBLE!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA.
Around $10K per retrieval
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
They didn't indicate that coming off of Provera, I would not have a full flow period so I was waiting for "full flow" because it said that on the form but when I mentioned I spotted, they said we missed that month's window to start.
Dorothy Mitchell-Leef

2010 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Toledo humanized the process immediately, forging a connection with us over a common football team. He made us feel like we were his only patients, even though he surely had dozens at the time.
Dr. Toledo's staff is simply incredible. They were warm, caring, welcoming, and more than happy to answer my zillion questions!
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
The infertility journey is an intense one, and walking into a clinic like RBA can feel overwhelming. Dr. Toledo humanize the process immediately, forging a connection with us over a common football team. He made us feel like we were his only patients, even though he surely had dozens at the time.
My advice is to be your own advocate no matter who your doctor might be. Don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for clarification when things sound complicated or confusing.
Dr. Toledo is an amazing doctor and a caring, compassionate person. My husband and I connected with him instantly, and he made a difficult process so much easier with his fierce optimism and attention to detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Julie)

2003 - 2010, Successful
Dr. Shapiro is extremely qualified and incredibly devoted to the practice and to his patients...When I went through my treatment, 15 years ago, there were limited options. Infertility treatment was in its infancy. I was 39 years old and was told not to have high expectations. When my pregnancy test came back positive, EVERYONE in the office was excited for me. I felt like they were in it WITH me.
When I went through my treatment, 15 years ago, there were limited options. Infertility treatment was in its infancy. I was 39 years old and was told not to have high expectations. When my pregnancy test came back positive, EVERYONE in the office was excited for me. I felt like they were in it WITH me....Back in 2000 when I started treatments, there were so few clinics, RBA was always PACKED. I ran into people I knew in the waiting room frequently. There were no real strengths or weaknesses other than the waiting.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
I would give the same advice to ANYONE seeing ANY fertility doctor. Be open minded and honest with yourself and with your doctor. Understand that emotions will be a rollercoaster. Try not to take any frustration out on the wrong people. See a therapist if necessary. It's an emotionally draining process, but the end result can be a miracle (as in my case).
Sandy Springs

He [Dr. Shapiro] is a very knowledgeable and friendly. My husband and I right away felt good about our choice to go with him. He really cared and wanted to help us. He spent over an hour with us going over the treatment plan....Really cares about questions we might have and our needs.... He wants to do a SET due to my age and using a carrier.... Everyone I met [at RBA] was friendly and really cared about us.
[ RBA- Sandy Springs was] Very organized and easy to work with. Everyone I met was friendly and really cared about us. Everyone has a different role and they all worked together to help us. I would definitely recommend a friend to this practice....Super friendly. Always responded to emails and questions right away.... [Dr. Shapiro] Spent over an hour with us going over the process and treatment. Really cares about questions we might have and our needs.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He is a very knowledgeable and friendly. My husband and I right away felt good about our choice to go with him. He really cared and wanted to help us. He spent over an hour with us going over the treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Super friendly. Always responded to emails and questions right away.
Describe your experience with RBA.
He wants to do a SET due to my age and using a carrier.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Shapiro is a very up front, yet compassionate man. He is smart and wants you to succeed. He is also honest and will tell you exactly what you are facing. Dr. Shapiro worked hard to get us what we wanted most...Know that Dr. Shapiro's sense of humor is a bit sarcastic. It worked for me, but it is good to know in advance...
There was a change in policies [at RBA - Atl Main] regarding BMI that the clinic adopted between my initial consult and my IVF cycle. I was not informed of these changes until just before my cycle started. Luckily, it worked out for us and I was able to drop a few pounds to make sure the clinic would do my egg retrieval with anesthesia. But, advanced notice would have been nice...We had insurance coverage for all of our treatments...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
We had insurance coverage for all of our treatments.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
There was a change in policies regarding BMI that the clinic adopted between my initial consult and my IVF cycle. I was not informed of these changes until just before my cycle started. Luckily, it worked out for us and I was able to drop a few pounds to make sure the clinic would do my egg retrieval with anesthesia. But, advanced notice would have been nice.
Sandy Springs

He's chatty...He [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] was there for me throughout my treatment even though it was a unique situation where I had embryos frozen in another country. He presented options for my treatment and follow up so I could start the procedure with him, get implanted with the embryos in another country, and then return to his practice.
It's large and you do have to advocate for yourself. The Doctors [at RBA] are great though...He was there for me throughout my treatment even though it was a unique situation where I had embryos frozen in another country. He presented options for my treatment and follow up so I could start the procedure with him, get implanted with the embryos in another country, and then return to his practice.
He's chatty.
Dr. Shapiro tells it like it is and gets to the point.
I told him what had worked in the past for success and he followed my prescribed previous treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
I was able to email her which was great but I always felt like I was annoying them.
Describe your experience with RBA.
It's large and you do have to advocate for yourself. The Doctors are great though.
A lot! Bloodwork was about $400, ultrasound $400 ish
He feels one embryo is best for the woman and baby.
Sandy Springs
As a patient I felt comfortable talking with him [Dr. Robert Straub] about everything, he was very knowledgeable and didn't try to make us spend unnecessary money. He's very up front and honest about everything. Great bedside manner...He was very honest with us about everything including how this may not work the 1st time...Nursing staff [at RBA] was amazing and knowledgeable
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
As a patient I felt comfortable talking with him about everything, he was very knowledgeable and didn't try to make us spend unnecessary money. He's very up front and honest about everything. Great bedside manner.
Be honest about health history
It was an insane amount of medications, and shots,lupron, baby aspirin, estrogen, progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen )
Nursing staff was amazing and knowledgeable
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic was very clean and organized
It was somewhere around 4thousand
He thought I was young enough to just transfer one and he was right

2014 - 2015, Successful
Warm and friendly atmosphere [at RBA]. Everyone is positive and wants the best outcome for you...He [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] was honest and didn't beat around the bush. We had limited financial resources and he told us exactly what we would be paying and what our options were for the best outcome. We felt that he wasn't trying to push procedures on us that wouldn't work but would put more money in his pocket...Went straight to IVF via an egg donor because the outcome was less than 1% success rate with anything else.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
He was honest and didn't beat around the bush. We had limited financial resources and he told us exactly what we would be paying and what our options were for the best outcome. We felt that he wasn't trying to push procedures on us that wouldn't work but would put more money in his pocket.
Expect brutal honesty
One on one care, never felt like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: I don't remember )
Very helpful if I had questions;always responsive
Describe your experience with RBA.
Warm and friendly atmosphere. Everyone is positive and wants the best outcome for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
We had to agree to only transfer one embryo to get the best outcome.
2015, Successful
Dr Shapiro spent lots of time with us. He was personable knowledgeable and warm! He gave us all the information, with realistic expectations, but didn't discourage us....We loved him. Don't have enough good words to describe our experience!!!!!! He spent lots of time with us and was warm and knowledgeable. He is super smart and experienced and helped us conceive our son. I never felt like just a number he really took the time to get to know us and our history
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Ask questions and pay attention!
Describe your experience with RBA.
Great clinic treat you well. Sometimes there is a wait...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
Round of ivf is 14,800 I think. Meds cost btwn 3-5000$.
will only transfer one embryo unless there are mitigating circumstances