Cumming
(404)665-5722
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900

Dr. Toledo was very honest and straight to the point with me, but at the same time, he was very personable and genuine with his delivery...he entertains transferring multiple starting at the age of 35...He always finds a way to connect with me. He uses humor to lighten the mood...He was very direct with how he wanted to proceed with my situation/case and didn’t waste any time making it happen...he encourages me to get second and third opinions if I feel that I need to
[The staff at RBA] were all very knowledgeable about the protocol and how everything goes. They communicated well with me for monitoring appointments and made me feel comfortable at all times...it is still very important to do your own research and stay on top of your situation...Ask questions and do your own research. Don’t be afraid to get other opinions
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He always finds a way to connect with me. He uses humor to lighten the mood and make things more personable. He is very knowledgeable about updated research and protocols. He recommended supplements for me to start taking to increase egg quality right away. And he is always open to hearing others’ opinions, my opinions and suggestions from my own research, and he encourages me to get second and third opinions if I feel that I need to. He has instilled a lot of confidence and hope in me and my situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Ask questions and do your own research. Don’t be afraid to get other opinions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
From the start, Dr. Toledo was very honest and straight to the point with me, but at the same time, he was very personable and genuine with his delivery. He was very direct with how he wanted to proceed with my situation/case and didn’t waste any time making it happen! I connected with him immediately and I feel very supported and “in good hands” with him and the whole RBA staff.
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I started taking CoQ10 and DHEA for low AMH levels following my first appointment with him and he also had me do an HSG test. I have one open tube and one blocked tube. He suggested 3 rounds of IUI before proceeding to IVF, but my husband and I decided to jump right to IVF because of the success rates of the two and because of my good insurance coverage. I completed my first round of IVF this past March. I started the cycle with Lupron on day 1 of my cycle. I then did 300 units of Follistim am and pm in addition to the Lupron starting on day 2 continuing through day 12. I did an HCG trigger shot on day 13 and I had my egg retrieval on day 15. 10 eggs were retrieved, 8 of those being mature. 6 fertilized and 2 made it to blast. We sent the 2 off for PGS testing and both of them came back abnormal (chromosomes). We did not do a transfer. Both are still frozen but we will not be transferring them. I am gearing up for round 2 of IVF soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They were all very knowledgeable about the protocol and how everything goes. They communicated well with me for monitoring appointments and made me feel comfortable at all times.
Describe your experience with RBA.
A ton of patients walk through the doors of RBA everyday. Though the doctors and nurses are good at what they do, it is still very important to do your own research and stay on top of your situation. Call them and make sure you communicate well. Don’t leave it up to them. Take your situation into your own hands and make sure you do everything in your power to stay organized and on top of your treatment plan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
My insurance covered most everything. I had to pay $900 out of pocket for my medication through Avella. And then I had to pay $1000 to meet my out of pocket deductible and then another $2000 for PGS testing. My insurance did not cover that.
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
We didn’t have any embryos to transfer but we were planning to transfer 1 because of my age (34). He said he entertains transferring multiple starting at the age of 35.

Embryo Freezing
Love [Dr. Scott Slayden]. He is very compassionate. He does not sugar coat anything. He is very thorough and wants to see me succeed at becoming a mother. He always answers questions and gives any information that is helpful for his patients...I felt like a human. He is always super through with me...he is blunt and gets to the point which is what I want to know.
Treated like a patient not a number [at RBA], they know you my name here and you are not just a statistic. All staff her are very compassionate and care about the well being of their patients. This office is very organized and have good communication. All staff here seem to be very experienced...My nurse is very compassionate always willing to answer questions no matter how many I have.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Love Dr. Slayden. He is very compassionate. He does not sugar coat anything. He is very thorough and wants to see me succeed at becoming a mother. He always answers questions and gives any information that is helpful for his patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
Trust your doctor. While you may not like what he has to say, he knows what he is doing so just trust his treatment and guidance.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Slayden at RBA?
I felt like a human. He is always super through with me. He does not sugar coat anything he is blunt and gets to the point which is what I want to know.
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
1st IUI - Letrozole- negative pregnancy test Moving own to IVF in May this will be my protocol Flare FSH 300/300/hCG 20/ICSI/freeze all at blast/No PGT due to young age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer (nurse))
Describe your experience with RBA.
Treated like a patient not a number, they know you my name here and you are not just a statistic. All staff her are very compassionate and care about the well being of their patients. This office is very organized and have good communication. All staff here seem to be very experienced.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
IUI - $1500 IVF - $12,100. $4,200. $7,500
Describe Scott Slayden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
I have not made it this far yet. Still waiting on egg retrieval
Lawrenceville
[Dr. Slayden is a] Good doctor but tends to assume one knows all terms and numbers and doesnt explain unless specifically asked. Given this is such an overwhelming thing already. I feel putting everything as simple as possible is best way to reassure the patient that it is a team effort and they really are on your side...He said, he wouldn't want to do multiple transfers to avoid multiple pregnancies problems and end with healthy babies instead of premature risky births
All [nurses at RBA- Sandy Springs] were outstanding. They made me feel like I personally mattered to them and that my success was theirs as well... The one nurse in charge of drawing blood is too brusque and actually left a mark on my arm (in the many years I've had my blood drawn, it has NEVER happened) other than that, you will be in great care...Standard ivf process, egg retrieval, procedure of fertilization and PGD/S discussed realistic probabilities of success. 12 eggs, 7 embryos at day 3, 3 made it to day 5, 1 was normal
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Do your research about potential course of treatment before committing to it. It may push plans a month but it is better to know what you should expect, look out and hope for throughout the treatment protocol chosen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Betts)
All were outstanding. They made me feel like I personally mattered to them and that my success was theirs as well
Describe your experience with RBA.
All are compassionate. The one nurse in charge of drawing blood is too brusque and actually left a mark on my arm (in the many years I've had my blood drawn, it has NEVER happened) other than that, you will be in great care

2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Shapiro was the last of the five doctors I saw, and he was, hands down, the best: he treated me like an intelligent human being, a peer. He also got results...By the time I got to Dr. Shapiro, i was 42. But I got results! I'm now holding a child in my arms... Dr. Shapiro is smart, compassionate, and direct. He gave me as much time as I needed with him and explained things to me as an intelligent woman who could read and reason and research for myself...His strategy: be aggressive. At 40+, get as many eggs as you can. IT WORKED...
[The staff at RBA is] Incredibly competent! Downside: you have to pay for parking? Really, I have ZERO complaints, and I drove in from more than 3 hours away. I wish I had started at RBA...They [nurses] were great! Because RBA uses email, they are much more accessible, at all hours, than at other clinics...Dr. Shapiro was the last of the five doctors I saw, and he was, hands down, the best: he treated me like an intelligent human being, a peer. He also got results...By the time I got to Dr. Shapiro, i was 42.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Please see above. Dr. Shapiro is smart, compassionate, and direct. He gave me as much time as I needed with him and explained things to me as an intelligent woman who could read and reason and research for myself.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Start with him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Dr. Shapiro was the last of the five doctors I saw, and he was, hands down, the best: he treated me like an intelligent human being, a peer. He also got results. I had more than 100 eggs retrieved (so many your survey did not accept my number). By the time I got to Dr. Shapiro, i was 42. But I got results! I'm now holding a child in my arms.
Describe the protocols Daniel Shapiro used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
This really doesn't seem relevant, although I have the details. His strategy: be aggressive. At 40+, get as many eggs as you can. IT WORKED.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer (the other one has left RBA))
They were great! Because RBA uses email, they are much more accessible, at all hours, than at other clinics.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Incredibly competent! Downside: you have to pay for parking? Really, I have ZERO complaints, and I drove in from more than 3 hours away. I wish I had started at RBA. I don't know why I'm being asked to write more -- I have much more to say about clinics that I don't like.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
This is the only clinic I used that reduced rates for each cycle.
Describe Daniel Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
No comments. I went the safest route: one at a time.
Daniel Shapiro
Sandy Springs
Dr Toledo has been great to work with so far. I was so sad my original doctor left the office but he picked up right where she left off and it means alot . He was very direct but still warm with some very hard conversations... I was dealing with a number of issues ‘male fertility, low egg reserve , uterine fiboriids, blocked fallapian tubes and a uterine polyp. I used lupon and gonal for 14 days and then did an egg retervial . We were able to get 9 eggs. I had 5 embryos , two survived and I opted to do genetic testing. We ended up with one healthy embryo and I am waiting to do a polyp removal then transfer
They [the staff at RBA-Cumming] are very experenced and kind . its busy but they get to everyone . I had tons of questions and the made it a point to email or call back very quickly ! I am a little concerned as to why a few of the doctors left but I guess... The staff was so warm and Dr Toledo was kind... I was dealing with a number of issues ‘male fertility, low egg reserve , uterine fiboriids, blocked fallapian tubes and a uterine polyp. I used lupon and gonal for 14 days and then did an egg retervial . We were able to get 9 eggs. I had 5 embryos , two survived and I opted to do genetic testing. We ended up with one healthy embryo and I am waiting to do a polyp removal then transfer
You are in good hands
The staff was so warm and Dr Toledo was kind
Describe your experience with RBA.
They are very experenced and kind . its busy but they get to everyone . I had tons of questions and the made it a point to email or call back very quickly ! I am a little concerned as to why a few of the doctors left but I guess
Cumming
He's [Dr. Daniel Shapiro] a very caring and straightforward doctor who adds humor into his conversations with his patients...I felt very comfortable in his office and under his care. He didn't try to rush our meetings/ appointments; he understands the sensitive nature of what each patient is going through, and devotes his time, energy and patience to making them feel very care for.
The clinic [RBA] is very clean and everyone is super friendly and helpful. The wait time could be a bit shorter but other than this, everything runs pretty efficiently. The people at the front desk are very kind and courteous and the nurses go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and safe...[Dr. Shapiro is] a very caring and straightforward doctor who adds humor into his conversations with his patients.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Wonderful, caring trustworthy doctor who is funny and straightforward as well. I felt very comfortable in his office and under his care. He didn't try to rush our meetings/ appointments; he understands the sensitive nature of what each patient is going through, and devotes his time, energy and patience to making them feel very care for.
You are in very good hands.
He's a very caring and straightforward doctor who adds humor into his conversations with his patients. I really like him as a doctor.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is very clean and everyone is super friendly and helpful. The wait time could be a bit shorter but other than this, everything runs pretty efficiently. The people at the front desk are very kind and courteous and the nurses go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and safe.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
I've only had to pay my copay because I have yet to unergo any procedure.
Daniel Shapiro
2020, Consult
Dr. Slayden is a wealth of information and such a compassionate doctor. He understood our desperation for a baby and very clearly laid out a plan of treatment. He is both warm and factual, and put both my husband and myself at ease...He answered all of our questions patiently and thoroughly.
Dr. Slayden and his staff [at RBA] want the best outcome for you and will work with you to develop the right plan. Be prepared to hear a lot of big words and ask questions as much as you need to...Take notes at your consult. Dr. Slayden talks quickly because he has so much to say!
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Dr. Slayden spent over an hour with us discussing his diagnosis and plan for treatment. He answered all of our questions patiently and thoroughly.
No protocol used yet, still in the waiting period.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Go in with an open mind. Dr. Slayden and his staff want the best outcome for you and will work with you to develop the right plan. Be prepared to hear a lot of big words and ask questions as much as you need to.
2019 - 2020, Consult
[Dr. Jessica Rubin] was very easy to talk. She explained how fertility and infertility works. She helped us to understand the tests and processes we would go through. She included diagrams to visually show how it all works! We arrived at our appointment and was seen right away.
[The staff at RBA - Sandy Springs] is very nice, everyone that works there are pleasant and always smiling! They make you feel comfortable when you arrive, until you leave. The environment is really nice. They get you in and out, with your appointments...They are excellent
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
She was very easy to talk. She explained how fertility and infertility works. She helped us to understand the tests and processes we would go through. She included diagrams to visually show how it all works! We arrived at our appointment and was seen right away.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Be open-minded
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
She was extremely nice and helpful with explaining everything
Describe the protocols Jessica Rubin used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
i have only done the tests - covid19 put a pause to our progress.
They are excellent
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is very nice, everyone that works there are pleasant and always smiling! They make you feel comfortable when you arrive, until you leave. The environment is really nice. They get you in and out, with your appointments
Jessica Rubin

2015 - 2017, Successful
Only problem [at RMA - Sandy Springs] is communication but that is something I encountered will all other clinics . The place is clean , with new technology , the lab staff was very good explaining everything It was easy scheduling appointments...The one eset worked for me [with Dr. Andrew Toledo]...All my other multiple embryo transfers failed...He took all the time with us and really put effort into my case...Funny guy , makes the process easier with his humor and ease . He is willing to try anything and really listened to all my suggestions . I felt like we were a team . He made all our dreams come true by giving us 2 beautiful babies
Never give up
He took all the time with us and really put effort into my case
I do not remember
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
I really can’t remember the nurses well
Describe your experience with RBA.
Only problem is communication but that is something I encountered will all other clinics . The place is clean , with new technology , the lab staff was very good explaining everything It was easy scheduling appointments
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
Average
The one eset worked for me . All my other multiple embryo transfers failed

1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
She [Dr. Brahma] is amazing! But I would highly recommended her to anyone who wants a compassionate and effective fertility doctor. ... She was caring and sympathetic which was appreciated for this type of treatment. ... Wonderful and I have recommended her to multiple friends. ... I have heard she has recently left RBA and is consulting although I am not sure where? ... Take notes.
I was at Piedmont [RBA] satellite office which was quiet and usually I was the only patient in there. I went to the main office a few times for retrieval etc and it was very busy. Billing office was easy to communicate with. They gave detailed invoices. ... Great communication , she [nurse] responded to my emails within the hour every time. ... $20k [cost of treatment] ... Take notes.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Wonderful and I have recommended her to multiple friends. She is amazing! I have heard she has recently left RBA and is consulting although I am not sure where? But I would highly recommended her to anyone who wants a compassionate and effective fertility doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Take notes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Great communication , she responded to my emails within the hour every time.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I was at Piedmont satellite office which was quiet and usually I was the only patient in there. I went to the main office a few times for retrieval etc and it was very busy. Billing office was easy to communicate with. They gave detailed invoices.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pavna Brahma at RBA.
$20k