Cumming
Atlanta, GA 30309
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342

2004 - 2011, Successful
He [Dr. Toledo] really cares about his patients and gives personal attention even when out of town. Very thorough and never in a big hurry when talking...He has the best bedside manner of any doc I've ever met even beyond the fertility realm. He is available for phone calls and seeks out information if it's not available. He shares his thought process with his patients...My uterine lining wasn't absorbing progesterone at the same rate across the uterus and he figured that out and tested the problem. I had my first at almost 36 and my last at 42.
Front desk [at RBA] isn't fabulous and you may have to wait for an initial appt. it's dr Toledo that's amazing, the clinic is good...[Nurse] She knew what the situation was most of the time and if not would check with doc and get back to me. Most of the time I spoke with the doc though which was awesome!...It's important to him that patients are taken care of and feel like people not sheep. He has the best bedside manner of any doc I've ever met even beyond the fertility realm.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
It's important to him that patients are taken care of and feel like people not sheep. He has the best bedside manner of any doc I've ever met even beyond the fertility realm. He is available for phone calls and seeks out information if it's not available. He shares his thought process with his patients. I went through 5 IUI cycles,a fresh in vitro ICSI transfer, frozen cycle and pregnancy. I now have 3 boys ages 13,11, and 7. Two natural pregnancies after the first which was successful after an in vitro frozen cycle. My uterine lining wasn't absorbing progesterone at the same rate across the uterus and he figured that out and tested the problem. I had my first at almost 36 and my last at 42.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He is amazing!!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
He really cares about his patients and gives personal attention even when out of town. Very thorough and never in a big hurry when talking.
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
What worked me in the end was his absolute dedication to the specific lab results from checking my progesterone levels even while out of town. He discovered in the end that not all of my cells were absorbing the progesterone at the same rate and therefore my uterine lining was inconsistent. He came up with this while out of town on vacation!!!! He himself called to check my levels.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Front desk isn't fabulous and you may have to wait for an initial appt. it's dr Toledo that's amazing, the clinic is good.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
My insurance covered lab work and ultrasounds and some visits to doc, not the procedures themselves. It was 13 years ago so IVF was about 10,000 per cycle.
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Don't recall. I transferred 2 first cycle with no success and then 4 on a frozen cycle and had a singleton pregnancy with no complications.

2010 - 2011, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I do not feel like we often had experiences with Dr. Toledo. We saw him for an original consultation - but he did not perform any of the three IUI treatments. We met with him after the failed IUI cycles and that was our second and last time meeting with him.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Find a doctor who will be there for you and to address your concerns.
The care team at RBA did was inconsistent. I saw different staff members at each visit. It was a quick in and out and no one seemed to have time to spend with you. I do not think anyone there knew my name. The whole place seemed so cold and sterile.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nurses were not willing to email with me when there were test results or for general questions. They said it was too hard to try and get to a computer and that they would just call at their convenience and I could talk to them then. The problem is that I am teacher and that does not work for me. No one was concerned about what worked for me.
What specific things went wrong at RBA?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
We had two prescription issues at this clinic. Once one was never called in and the other time one was written for twice the dosage it was supposed to be written for. If the pharmacist did not catch the mistake, it could have been very bad for my ovaries. As for the clinic in general, there was very little compassion from the staff - both nurses and doctors. As a patient, my needs and my time were not valuable. It was all about them and what worked for them.

2011, Unsuccessful
Mostly we liked Dr. Brahma. However, during the first IUI I remember starting to cry and she seemed genuinely surprised and not sure how to deal with me (which truly surprised me - can't imagine I was the first woman to respond that way!)...I was disappointed with the way she responded during the procedure. It seemed like she should have known how to handle a hormonal woman crying during an unpleasant procedure when she's trying to have a baby...
They [RBA] seemed to be efficient, we never waited very long to see a doctor or nurse. The one thing that was funny that I remember was that everyone in the office was so soft-spoken. It was a little odd!... there was one ultrasound tech who was awesome. Her name was Linda. She was compassionate, but also understanding. Whenever we went in, she had an attitude of "I know this isn't pleasant so let's just try and get it over with." She didn't 'sugar coat" it or try to chit chat. She also really listened to what I had to say and how I was feeling.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Please see earlier note about the IUI procedure and her response. Mostly we liked her, but I was disappointed with the way she responded during the procedure. It seemed like she should have known how to handle a hormonal woman crying during an unpleasant procedure when she's trying to have a baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Try her out. See if you like her style.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
I don't remember a lot of the nursing staff. However, there was one ultrasound tech who was awesome. Her name was Linda. She was compassionate, but also understanding. Whenever we went in, she had an attitude of "I know this isn't pleasant so let's just try and get it over with." She didn't 'sugar coat" it or try to chit chat. She also really listened to what I had to say and how I was feeling. She never made me feel silly for asking a question or being nervous or responding to anything in a certain way. She was the best part of the experience!
Describe your experience with RBA.
I honestly don't remember much about the clinic. They seemed to be efficient, we never waited very long to see a doctor or nurse. The one thing that was funny that I remember was that everyone in the office was so soft-spoken. It was a little odd!
Pavna Brahma
Piedmont
2010 - 2011, Successful
Never felt like a number.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
There are Dr. Toledo groups that meet and talk about how wonderful he is (seriously) his bedside manner is excellent, his staff is attentive, the follow up is fast. The lab is in the office- results same day most of the time. He never makes you feel paranoid, silly, or hormonal with your thoughts or questions (or need to have an ultrasound because you don't "feel" right) I have recommended many friends to Dr. Toledo. He's "the baby maker" and I'm forever grateful to him. I had history of miscarriages and he followed me through my successful pregnancy.
Trust your doctor
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They always remembered who we were by name. Never felt like a number

2003 - 2010, Successful
Dr. Shapiro is extremely qualified and incredibly devoted to the practice and to his patients...When I went through my treatment, 15 years ago, there were limited options. Infertility treatment was in its infancy. I was 39 years old and was told not to have high expectations. When my pregnancy test came back positive, EVERYONE in the office was excited for me. I felt like they were in it WITH me.
When I went through my treatment, 15 years ago, there were limited options. Infertility treatment was in its infancy. I was 39 years old and was told not to have high expectations. When my pregnancy test came back positive, EVERYONE in the office was excited for me. I felt like they were in it WITH me....Back in 2000 when I started treatments, there were so few clinics, RBA was always PACKED. I ran into people I knew in the waiting room frequently. There were no real strengths or weaknesses other than the waiting.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
I would give the same advice to ANYONE seeing ANY fertility doctor. Be open minded and honest with yourself and with your doctor. Understand that emotions will be a rollercoaster. Try not to take any frustration out on the wrong people. See a therapist if necessary. It's an emotionally draining process, but the end result can be a miracle (as in my case).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Daniel Shapiro
Sandy Springs

I mainly went to the Lawrenceville and Sandy Spring locations [of RBA]. I went to the Marietta office once (Dr. Best's main location). My experiences at Sandy Springs have been mostly well save for some issues with the billing here, they informed me I was not covered for something when I clearly was which was a huge frustration. After calling my insurance company they reached out to the billing at the office and cleared this up.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
I came in as a PCOS patient not knowing if I would ever be able to conceive and came from a clinic where I felt as if I my opinion did not count. Dr. Best was very easy to communicate with and listened from the consult moving forward. During our first cycle she made very clear to us the risks and possibilities that could arise which made us feel both hopeful and allowed us to keep realistic goals in mind. We did manage to get a BFP on our first letrozole/trigger shot/IUI cycle, unfortunately this ending in early miscarriage. This has no bearing on Dr. Best, it was just nature doing what it had to do. But just knowing we got our BFP first try, let's us know she has us in the right direction. Thank you Dr. Best.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at RBA?
The wait time for an initial consult may take longer than you like, but with a bit of patience I promise it is worth the wait. She is very patient, kind and sensitive to your situation and you will not regret your decision to be treated by her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best has the best bedside manner of doctors I have seen on my fertility journey. She is direct and gives you realistic expectations while being able to relay the information in a manner delicate enough for the issue at hand. For this alone I am grateful for.
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I had originally done an HSG with a previous provider, so Dr. Best wanted to do an SHG just to make sure all was well with my uterus itself and we also cofirmed my AMH levels. After clearing the HSG AND SHG she decided to treat me with a combination of dexamethasone, Letrozole days 5-9, trigger shot and baby aspirin. I came in for 2 ultrasounds about a week after my last letrozole pill to confirm follicle size. We did IUI 36 hrs after trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
The nursing staff was very quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had and they were also sensitive to my situation.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I mainly went to the Lawrenceville and Sandy Spring locations. I went to the Marietta office once (Dr. Best's main location). My experiences at Sandy Springs have been mostly well save for some issues with the billing here, they informed me I was not covered for something when I clearly was which was a huge frustration. After calling my insurance company they reached out to the billing at the office and cleared this up. My only issue with the one appointment I had at the Marietta office is they were a little late returning from lunch, my appt was right at the time they are to return from lunch and I waited in the hall for about 15mins.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
My insurance covered most of my expenses. Without insurance I believe a letrozole/IUI is aprox 1000.00 per cycle.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Monica Best
Sandy Springs
How was your experience with Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
I am a physician so I like directness. She is OK in bedside manner (she is not real touchy-feely) so that is OK with me. But she is EXTREMELY honest about your chances.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dorothy Mitchell-Leef at RBA?
She is not touchy feeling but you are getting the best clinic in Atlanta. I can say this since I am a physician and know that they have been doing this the longest. I got pregnant with my own eggs at 43 and almost 45 yo.
Timely communication