Cumming
(404)665-5722
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-257-1900

He [Dr. Scott Slayden] explained everything very well. I had to have surgery initially which turned out to just be a uterine polyp but he was awesome and very personable. When was pregnant but my HCG levels hadn’t increased as they should he called me to tell me and did it in a very compassionate but factual way so I understood exactly what was happening. When I had the miscarriage the ultrasound tech was out so he personally did the ultrasound. He remains positive but realistic about the treatments.
They [nurses at RBA-Marietta] are great- always get back to me quickly when I call, appointments are on time and efficient...Clomid check $470...Mid cycle ultrasound $200...IUI $600...I love that they have several different office locations and I can go to anyone for the ultrasounds and bloodwork. I wish there was more of a support network while in treatment. I think they have a group at the main office but it has never been mentioned. This process is hard physically and emotionally and wish they had more to offer in the way of a community feeling.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
He explained everything very well. I had to have surgery initially which turned out to just be a uterine polyp but he was awesome and very personable. When was pregnant but my HCG levels hadn’t increased as they should he called me to tell me and did it in a very compassionate but factual way so I understood exactly what was happening. When I had the miscarriage the ultrasound tech was out so he personally did the ultrasound. He remains positive but realistic about the treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
This is a long process and you have to be flexible
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Slayden at RBA?
The staff are great and try their best to Work with your schedule. Everything is explained well and they always get back to me when I contact them.
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I am currently in the middle of the last cycle of IUI we can do before having another consultation and moving to other treatments. It’s been straight forward so far: Clomid check- iltrasound, clomid 2 tabs x 5 days then a mid cycle ultrasound and then IUI the day after positive ovulation test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Selena)
They are great- always get back to me quickly when I call, appointments are on time and efficient.
Clomid check $470 Mid cycle ultrasound $200 IUI $600
Describe Scott Slayden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Those have not been discussed

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
There are honestly no weaknesses with Dr. Best or the [RBA] Marietta office. Everyone there is spectacular. The main office in Sandy Springs is busy so you feel a bit more like a number, but everyone there was kind and easy to work with. Probably my only big complaint is the cost, but I think that is pretty standard when it comes to IVF.... Julie was my friend, psychologist, nurse and cheerleader through the process. I had zero understanding of this process and had never even given anyone an injection.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
My husband and I opted for assisted reproduction after an unexplained miscarriage and inability to get pregnant again. Dr. Best listened to our story with compassion and took copious notes on our issues. She ordered every test in her "arsenal" to try and help us figure out what was going on. She explained the results of the tests and then explained our options (IVF v IUI, etc). I can honestly say that I enjoyed every appointment with her and actually looked forward to seeing her (something I can't say about most doctor visits). She kept my hopes up and was there for me during the difficult moments as well. She is a model doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at RBA?
To be completely open and honest with Dr. Best about your fears and expectations and concerns. I had concerns about having a trisomy baby due to my age and Dr. Best reviewed with me how we could handle such a situation if it arose. She also had referrals to other doctors I could speak with (MFM's). If money is an issue, let her know and she will try to work out a treatment plan within your budget.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best is one of the best doctors I've ever worked with. From the first moment we met with her, she was warm, she listened, addressed our issues and explained our options in a very clear and concise manner. She has called me on weekends and I even have her cell number (though I try not to use it!)
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I can't remember the exact protocol used, but the first egg retrieval produced a disappointing three eggs so we banked those and did another retrieval that resulted in 12 more eggs! Using ICSI, we then created 12 embryos which we froze until I was ready for a transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Julie was my friend, psychologist, nurse and cheerleader through the process. I had zero understanding of this process and had never even given anyone an injection. She taught me how to inject the meds and how to make it less painful. She gave me samples when I was running out of meds and she was just awesome to work with.
Describe your experience with RBA.
There are honestly no weaknesses with Dr. Best or the Marietta office. Everyone there is spectacular. The main office in Sandy Springs is busy so you feel a bit more like a number, but everyone there was kind and easy to work with. Probably my only big complaint is the cost, but I think that is pretty standard when it comes to IVF. It's not cheap!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
We spent about $40,000 for two egg retrievals, three embryo transfers and this includes medicine.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
This was something I agonized over quite a bit. Dr. Best was good at showing me the ASRM standard for number of embryos transferred due to age, but she listened to my concern about multiples and helped me reach an informed decision each time on how many embryos to transfer.
Marietta
Dr. Best has been through IVF herself and took the time to share with me how she understands going through infertility. She made me feel comfortable through the whole process. She’s actually the only doctor that found the issue with my husband and I because she took her time and didnt rush through the testing!... I did two IUI prior to Dr. Best so when we went to her I wanted to try timed intercourse to see if my eggs would even respond and they finally did. We did clomid 100 and a trigger shot and both cycles I had 4 and 6 follicles!!
Strengths: great success rates, many offices [RBA Marietta] so it’s convenient, very knowledgeable drs and nurses Weakness sometimes it can take a little while to get an appt bc they are busy. The sperm freezes have to be done at one location in Atlanta and the latest you can do it is 9 am so that is inconvenient if you live for away like we do.... All nurses are very caring and helpful! They always email me back if I have questions within a few hours!
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
I’ve never felt more comfortable with a dr. She told me at my first visit with her to put all the stress on her and for me to relax and I’ve honestly done that for once. I trust Dr. Best because she knows what it’s like to have infertility problems and I know she’s going to help us start a family! She’s very patient and answers all questions and I always leave understanding what our next step is.
Make sure you have your past history all printed out, it helps to have it there to look at when you’re going over what’s next.
I did two IUI prior to Dr. Best so when we went to her I wanted to try timed intercourse to see if my eggs would even respond and they finally did. We did clomid 100 and a trigger shot and both cycles I had 4 and 6 follicles!! We didn’t get pregnant unfortunately because we later found out my husband has a morphology issue so we are seeing the male specialist now and hoping to improve sperm quality and then go back to iui or ivf!
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strengths: great success rates, many offices so it’s convenient, very knowledgeable drs and nurses Weakness sometimes it can take a little while to get an appt bc they are busy. The sperm freezes have to be done at one location in Atlanta and the latest you can do it is 9 am so that is inconvenient if you live for away like we do. (1.5 hours)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
Consult is $250, hsg was around $700 I think, sperm freeze was $650, ultrasounds around $200, husbands ultrasound was $510, IUI is around $1700, IVF starts at $14,500
I haven’t gotten this far yet.
Marietta

Dr.Best has been a God sent! This is not easy to go through at all! This is such an emotional journey for my husband and I. She has a heart of gold and is always there to answer any questions we have. I feel like she's my cheerleader that's right by my side...I went for ultrasounds and labs. I took Letrozole. I injected hormones for a few days. Once my follicles were of normal size I had the IUI done.
The staff [at RBA] is always so helpful and takes their time with you. I didn't feel rushed at all.At every appointment they give me their time and answer all my questions.I never feel rushed! I feel like they really care...The whole staff is amazing. From the beginning, you're filling out paperwork through their website. That helps by the time you see the doctor on saving time. You meet one on one with the doctor and go over EVERYTHING. You leave having a game plan on what you're about to do. The staff is very caring and positive. You leave having hope on what's about to happen.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Make sure your paperwork is completed. Make sure your knowledgeable in what your insurance covers for fertility. Go in to the office with written questions. Have an idea of what you're willing to spend. Discuss all questions and be open and honest with your doctor.
The staff is always so helpful and takes their time with you. I didn't feel rushed at all.At every appointment they give me their time and answer all my questions.I never feel rushed! I feel like they really care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Lacie and Julie)
I love these girls. Always answering all my questions. They always got back to me in a timely manner. They always made sure I understood all I had to do. They gave me an outline of EXACTLY what I had to do step by step. I NEVER had to stay on top of them, or ask what was next. I always knew.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
I pay out of pocket. Insurance does NOT cover this. That's ok. We feel that Dr.Best wouldn't have us try anything that wouldn't work. I don't feel like they want my money. I feel like they want to help bless us with our miracle.
Marietta
Dr. Best is a warm and welcoming doctor. She is very insightful and wants to go over her action plan in detail. Once she has her plan she is on a mission. My low ovarian reserve count and my husband's klinefelter syndrome didn't stop her as it would most doctors I believe...Dr. Best took the time to attack the plan at need. However, my husband and I both felt that a lot of information was given at once with little take home information.
Our clinic was Reproductive Biology Associates. My husband's doctor was Dr. Michael Witt while I saw Dr. Monica Best. The two offices appeared to function as satellite offices. The only weakness I saw regarding the clinic was the communication between offices could have been better in regards to doctor's notes, medical files and procedure plans...The nursing staff for Dr. Best were able to assist when needed. The satellite offices appeared to not communicate as well with one another.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Do your research and know your options. Dr. Best will let you know but it is better to go in there with the knowledge already so you aren't lost when she is talking terms and procedures.
Dr. Best wants to do two cycles of Egg retrievals then for my husband to have a sperm extraction procedure. After this, we will then fertilize then send off for genetic testing.
Estimated total costs: $52,000
Dr. Best does have a strong preference to only selecting one embryo to transfer compared to multiple. We have expressed wanting to place two embryos in our first trial and she expressed that it does not raise our chances of pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Lab results came back conflicting.

2015, Successful
Julie [an RBA nurse] was an awesome resource during my cycle. She was prompt in replying to my questions and able to answer detailed questions. I am grateful for her! Dr. Best is a deeply compassionate and skilled physician. She was familiar with my treatment history before our first visit and had immediate recommendations to improve the chances of a successful pregnancy for our next cycle. I work in healthcare, she is by far one of the best physicians I have worked with and she made me want to do a better job with my own patients.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Trust her. She is spectacular. If you have questions Dr. Best or her staff will make sure you are taken care of -ask them anything.
I saw Dr. Best after an extremely negative experience with a previous provider. She was thorough, compassionate, & extremely positive. Transferring my care to her allowed me to heal and look forward to my next cycle with hope. She is an amazing physician and all around incredibly decent human being.
Lupron down regulation before frozen embryo transfer, Progesterone in oil supplementation during luteal phase versus vaginal progesterone. Successful pregnancy was the result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Julie Morin)
Julie was an awesome resource during my cycle. She was prompt in replying to my questions and able to answer detailed questions. I am grateful for her!
Travel, Medications, Cycle fee
2020, Consult
So our first appt was a phone consultation. We talked to him [Dr. Scott Slayden] for about an hour, and he really got to know us. I was surprised at how well the appt went just having it over the phone...Due to my age (35) he doesn't recommend IUI and recommends IVF for us so we can also freeze embryos and build a larger family later...
It is tough to rate [RBA] clinic during a pandemic. We had our consult, and his MA emailed us right away to contact them the first week of April for updates and unfortunately we couldn't do anything at this point. I have had trouble getting in contact with anyone since then, but all satellite offices are closed and the Main office is open, however I am unable to get in touch with anyone there. Again, we are in the middle of a pandemic and they are not starting anything new.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
We have only had a phone consult to this point due to the coronavirus pandemic. He made us feel pretty good about our chances of conceiving via IVF. However due to the timing of everything we cannot get any tests or start any cycles at this point. So we are just WAITING and it stinks, but I understand.
We had waited a few months to get a consultation with Dr. Slayden. When it was time for our appointment the Coronavirus pandemic was just beginning and the office had closed. So our first appt was a phone consultation. We talked to him for about an hour, and he really got to know us. I was surprised at how well the appt went just having it over the phone.
Describe your experience with RBA.
It is tough to rate a clinic during a pandemic. We had our consult, and his MA emailed us right away to contact them the first week of April for updates and unfortunately we couldn't do anything at this point. I have had trouble getting in contact with anyone since then, but all satellite offices are closed and the Main office is open, however I am unable to get in touch with anyone there. Again, we are in the middle of a pandemic and they are not starting anything new.
Marietta
Clinic [RBA] seems to really value each patient as an individual vs a number. Weakness- i think they could do some upgrades to their facility and accommodations for patients in waiting area but I really do not think the clinic has any true clinical or relationship weaknesses.... Labwork- roughly 500 for spouse and I HSG-roughly 2000 IVF round- 15,500 Embry Tranfer- 4500 per transfer Meds- 4-5000 ( IVF cycle 3000 plus embryo transfer prep- mine were 5700) Additional Visits- 150 per visit
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Dr. Rubin greeted my husband and I as people instead of patients. She introduced herself by her first name and really seemed to make a connection with us on a personal level. Due to our concern with our diagnosis, we saw her multiple times prior to making a decision on a treatment plan and those visits were more like therapy than clinical. She shared her personal beliefs and then discussed science. When we went into the retrieval, I was panicked about a low projected number of follicles the night before the procedure. Dr. Rubin called me at home at 8 pm when I was flipping out (she was not on call) just to reassure both my husband and I. She went above and beyond and made me feel safe in her care. I may need to do additional retrievals and I will only do them under her guidance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Be open to tough discussions- she will give you the information in a straight forward way
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Dr. Rubin introduced herself to us and I knew she was going to treat us as people not a number. She remembered specific details about our lives that were unrelated to our treatment and made it a point to come visit us after our retrieval even though she wasn’t on call. In addition, she called and essentially talked us off the ledge when we almost backed out of Ivf due to fear. She engaged with me on a personal level that was beyond her clinical expectations as a provider. She truly seemed to care about our outcomes as a couple instead of statistic. Using her own experience with egg freezing, she was able to make a connection with me on a level beyond that of another RE.
Describe the protocols Jessica Rubin used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Initial worktop was diagnostic labs for my husband and I, HSG for tubal testing, and follow up saline sonogram. IVF for unexplained infertility. Ultrasounds starting on day 5 of Protocol cycle- every other day until retrieval. Retrieval day 14. CoQ10 recommenced for egg quality. Meds- Gonal 5-150 mg at bedtime, HCG in am (10 mcg for egg quality) for entire cycle. Add Cetrotide daily staring on day 7 to prevent ovulation.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Clinic seems to really value each patient as an individual vs a number. Weakness- i think they could do some upgrades to their facility and accommodations for patients in waiting area but I really do not think the clinic has any true clinical or relationship weaknesses. Overall, a great experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at RBA.
Describe Jessica Rubin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Only single embryo transfer. Statistical evidence that proves that single embryo transfer produces higher success rates and safer pregnancies and outcomes for mom and baby
2012 - 2015, Successful
RBA is a wonderful practice. I was referred by my ObGyn. I've had many visits to the Main office and to Dr. Brama's Piedmont location. I cannot think of any weaknesses. Everyone was kind and professional.....The nurses were all very sweet and knowledgeable. There was one particular nurse that I did see a lot over the years. She was great. I was almost at the two mark after my transfer. It was the first day of summer school, so it was a stressful and busy day.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
My experience with Dr. Brama was wonderful. She did whatever possible to make sure I understood what was going on with my body. She even drew pictures of my organs to explain parts of the process. My road to motherhood began with the removal of tubal blockages. My left tube was completely blocked and Dr. Brama removed it in 2012. She wanted to remove both, but respected my wishes to give the partially blocked (right) tube a chance. Surgery was successful and after a couple of attempts with IUI, she suggested not wasting my money. The other tube was not cooperating. It would be better to remove it and proceed with IVF. My second surgery was completed a year after my first. After my body had time to heal, I was ready to begin egg retrieval. The retrieval went well; 17 eggs harvested and fertilized. 5 of them made it to 5day blasts. Unfortunately, my body went through ovarian hyperstimulation, so the window to transfer was closing. I opted to freeze the embryos, allow my body to recoup...and pay down some medical bills. A few months later I was back. I began taking the meds to prep my body for the transfer. This procedure was the only part Dr. Brama wasnt a part of due to a scheduling conflict. However, she told me personally which in my mind attributed to the great relationship we had. Again every part of the process was explained. We discussed risk factors and I decided to transfer 1 thawed embryo. For me, 1 was all it took. The transfer was successful and I carried my daughter for a little over 37 weeks. After my baby was born, Dr. Brama was the first person I took her to meet. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Dr. Brama is very wise and has great bedside manner. Stay optimistic and and trust her guidance.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Not to say that one should go off of a picture alone, but as I read the bios of each doctor at RBA, there was a wariness in Dr. Brama's smile that drew me to her. Upon meeting her, I knew I had made the right decision. Taking the news of infertility was hard and Dr. Brama allowed me the time to have my emotional moment. NEVER was there a time that I felt rushed or "like a number".
Describe the protocols Pavna Brahma used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I do not recall the protocols Dr. Brama used, but in my opinion it was a blend of her medical expertise and respecting my wishes as a patient. I could've probably shaved a year off of my time had I not tried to make use of the partially blocked tube. I appreciated that, but what I appreciated more was Dr. Brama not being afraid as my doctor to then say to me we're wasting time. Not in those exact words, but it was the snap back to reality I needed to regain my focus and stay the course. I don't know if I'm a special case...being successful with IVF on my first try, but it was a pleasant surprise.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nurses were all very sweet and knowledgeable. There was one particular nurse that I did see a lot over the years. She was great. I was almost at the two mark after my transfer. It was the first day of summer school, so it was a stressful and busy day. That afternoon I went to the restroom and saw that I was spotting. Can we say minor freak out? I called Dr. Brama's office and this same nurse was able to calm me down. She asked how bright the blood was. Its was dark burgundy/brownish. She reassured me it was old blood and to not worry. More than likely it was implantation bleeding...and it was. I think all of the nurses are well trained and understand the delicate nature of each situation and our stress levels.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pavna Brahma at RBA.
Unfortunately I do not recall the prices associated with my care during those 4 years. Georgia insurance does not cover infertility. I did eventually open a loan with CapExMD. Then I started a GoFundMe page to help pay off the loan.
Describe Pavna Brahma's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
We did have a thorough discussion about the number of embryos to transfer. For a while I thought about multiples, but I've always worried about my stature. I'm not even 5 feet tall. It didnt take much convincing on my end, but Dr. Brama also felt it would be best for a single transfer.
2014, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Pavna Brahma] listen to my thoughts about what I wanted during a cycle...She has an excellent bedside manner and she’s very warm and caring...She works with you on a plan that you can both agree on. She always kept me in the loop... I saw her every visit. She’s very thorough in her testing and blood work. She didn’t test for any immune or genetic issues though and felt it wasn’t warranted. I felt differently but my insurance also didn’t cover it. She made sure that I was on the correct supplements during my preparation phase and that I saw a dietitian that specialize in PCOS and prenatal health.
The wait time can be long [at RBA] so get the early morning appointments if possible. If you switch to a different RBA location you must request your records to be sent as they aren’t available system wide for some reason...Our start was to get my PCOS under control then prepare for IVF with ICSI...She [Dr. Pavna Brahma] listen to my thoughts about what I wanted during a cycle...She has an excellent bedside manner and she’s very warm and caring
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
She works with you on a plan that you can both agree on. She always kept me in the loop and made sure we took strived to my PCOD under control first. I saw her every visit. She’s very thorough in her testing and blood work. She didn’t test for any immune or genetic issues though and felt it wasn’t warranted. I felt differently but my insurance also didn’t cover it. She made sure that I was on the correct supplements during my preparation phase and that I saw a dietitian that specialize in PCOS and prenatal health.
Make a list of concerns you have. Make sure she has any records that pertain to your fertility weeks before your appointment and if possible have your ob/gyn do a preliminary workout so you can ask questions.
She listen to my thoughts about what I wanted during a cycle, the outcome of the cycle and agreed on what we needed to do to prepared. She has an excellent bedside manner and she’s very warm and caring. I really like her.
Our start was to get my PCOS under control then prepare for IVF with ICSI.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The wait time can be long so get the early morning appointments if possible. If you switch to a different RBA location you must request your records to be sent as they aren’t available system wide for some reason.
My insurance covered everything

2011, Unsuccessful
Mostly we liked Dr. Brahma. However, during the first IUI I remember starting to cry and she seemed genuinely surprised and not sure how to deal with me (which truly surprised me - can't imagine I was the first woman to respond that way!)...I was disappointed with the way she responded during the procedure. It seemed like she should have known how to handle a hormonal woman crying during an unpleasant procedure when she's trying to have a baby...
They [RBA] seemed to be efficient, we never waited very long to see a doctor or nurse. The one thing that was funny that I remember was that everyone in the office was so soft-spoken. It was a little odd!... there was one ultrasound tech who was awesome. Her name was Linda. She was compassionate, but also understanding. Whenever we went in, she had an attitude of "I know this isn't pleasant so let's just try and get it over with." She didn't 'sugar coat" it or try to chit chat. She also really listened to what I had to say and how I was feeling.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Please see earlier note about the IUI procedure and her response. Mostly we liked her, but I was disappointed with the way she responded during the procedure. It seemed like she should have known how to handle a hormonal woman crying during an unpleasant procedure when she's trying to have a baby.
Try her out. See if you like her style.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
I don't remember a lot of the nursing staff. However, there was one ultrasound tech who was awesome. Her name was Linda. She was compassionate, but also understanding. Whenever we went in, she had an attitude of "I know this isn't pleasant so let's just try and get it over with." She didn't 'sugar coat" it or try to chit chat. She also really listened to what I had to say and how I was feeling. She never made me feel silly for asking a question or being nervous or responding to anything in a certain way. She was the best part of the experience!
Describe your experience with RBA.
I honestly don't remember much about the clinic. They seemed to be efficient, we never waited very long to see a doctor or nurse. The one thing that was funny that I remember was that everyone in the office was so soft-spoken. It was a little odd!

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Brahma [at RBA] was extremely helpful and informative. She was was very positive about the procedures and our options. My husband and I were referred from the Macon GA Fertility Clinic. At the first appointment, we felt comfortable with continuing our fertility journey with Dr. Brahma and her team. My husband was treated by Dr. With, who was also very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Brahma to anyone. This is not an easy journey and having a great doctor does make a difference.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Dr. Brahma was extremely helpful and informative. She was was very positive about the procedures and our options. My husband and I were referred from the Macon GA Fertility Clinic. At the first appointment, we felt comfortable with continuing our fertility journey with Dr. Brahma and her team. My husband was treated by Dr. With, who was also very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Brahma to anyone. This is not an easy journey and having a great doctor does make a difference.
I would advise a prospective patient to be completely open with Dr. Brahma. Also, to ask any questions that you may have.
She was honest and courteous with all of our questions and concerns.
In the beginning, we discovered that my egg reserve was low. As a result, we looked into using an egg donor.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
My experience with the nurses was always a good one. I had little contact with the nurses as Dr. Brahma was extremely involved in my care and she was present during every visit.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic has several locations which makes it easier for appointments. I cannot think of any weaknesses.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pavna Brahma at RBA.
We have the basic costs for our care: office visit copays, procedure costs and deductibles.
Piedmont
Dr. Straub explained things well and let us know of the risks involved with the treatments. He was always positive and told us that if this specific treatment didn’t work, we would adjust and take the next step. Lucky for us, Clomid worked on the 1st cycle after some initial testing!...Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen. I still have his drawings for his explanations of our treatments. Amazing!
They [RBA - Atl Pied] were friendly and courteous. The clinic in ATL was a little difficult to locate at first but the receptionist was kind enough to provide directions. We were with them for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy and I would make the 1.5 hour drive a hundred times over....[nursing staff] They kept us well informed and communicated via telephone and email, which was very helpful...he nurses kept me informed and Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at RBA?
Do not hesitate. Schedule an appointment now to be referred!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at RBA?
The nurses kept me informed and Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen. I still have his drawings for his explanations of our treatments. Amazing!
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Low dosage of Clomid with an injection- can’t recall the exact name of the injection
Describe your experience with RBA.
They were friendly and courteous. The clinic in ATL was a little difficult to locate at first but the receptionist was kind enough to provide directions. We were with them for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy and I would make the 1.5 hour drive a hundred times over.
$60 copay per visit
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.

2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr Brahma has tremendous empathy and a compassionate bedside manner. She did not sugar coat or over promise results, but was balanced and honest.... I would never have chosen the course of infertility, but knowing Dr Brahma as a result was the silver lining. Her compassionate and wise care changed everything for my husband d and me. We are forever thankful for her intellectual brilliance and her loving bedside manner.... Typical egg retrieval and transfer of tested, frozen embryos.
RBA has changed a lot and their corporate administration has gotten disorganized. You have to be your own advocate and stay on top of your protocols, procedures and paperwork. Still have a very strong lab... I would never have chosen the course of infertility, but knowing Dr Brahma as a result was the silver lining. Her compassionate and wise care changed everything for my husband d and me. We are forever thankful for her intellectual brilliance and her loving bedside manner.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Don’t wait to go see her!
Typical egg retrieval and transfer of tested, frozen embryos. She was wise to encourage me not to wait too long when I was scared to try IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Mary Koelbel, Crystal Alcantara)
Very well trained t Dr Brahma
$25k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Just occasional miscommunication from how RBA has changed

1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
She [Dr. Brahma] is amazing! But I would highly recommended her to anyone who wants a compassionate and effective fertility doctor. ... She was caring and sympathetic which was appreciated for this type of treatment. ... Wonderful and I have recommended her to multiple friends. ... I have heard she has recently left RBA and is consulting although I am not sure where? ... Take notes.
I was at Piedmont [RBA] satellite office which was quiet and usually I was the only patient in there. I went to the main office a few times for retrieval etc and it was very busy. Billing office was easy to communicate with. They gave detailed invoices. ... Great communication , she [nurse] responded to my emails within the hour every time. ... $20k [cost of treatment] ... Take notes.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Wonderful and I have recommended her to multiple friends. She is amazing! I have heard she has recently left RBA and is consulting although I am not sure where? But I would highly recommended her to anyone who wants a compassionate and effective fertility doctor.
Take notes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Great communication , she responded to my emails within the hour every time.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I was at Piedmont satellite office which was quiet and usually I was the only patient in there. I went to the main office a few times for retrieval etc and it was very busy. Billing office was easy to communicate with. They gave detailed invoices.
$20k

2013 - 2019, Successful
Be prepared to wait for your initial appointment, but he [Dr. Toledo] is worth the wait...suspected that we were getting "bad eggs" (resulting in the chemical pregnancies), and he therefore recommended pre-implantation genetic screening to screen for embryos with abnormal numbers of chromosomes. He also suggested ICSI to directly inject the sperm into the egg. We did our first and only retrieval in November 2013, and came away with 9 eggs, 8 fertilized, and 7 made it to day 5, at which point they froze and biopsied all of them for genetic screening.
Megan and Lisa were my primary nurses during my IUIs, egg retrieval, and first transfer [at RBA]. They were both wonderful and responded to all of my emails quickly... For IVF, we used a financing plan that totaled approximately $22,000, but included 3 fresh cycles and 3 frozen cycles (and the benefit stops after a successful pregnancy). We only ended up needing one of each, so we probably overpaid...The parking is also kind of expensive, so I would recommend carpooling with your significant other for appointments so you don't have to pay two parking fees.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo has a wonderful bedside manner. He is friendly and personable and has been doing this a long time. It takes a long time to get into see him, but there's a reason for it. You won't be sad you waited an extra few weeks. Some of his explanations are technical, but for the most part, he explains things in terms non-medical people can understand. He will take as much time as he needs with patients for consultations - I think those are booked in one hour blocks, just so he doesn't have to get to another patient. I think we spent one hour with him in our initial consult (not including exams, bloodwork, and meeting with the nurses before and after). He answers questions patiently and is happy to take follow up calls. Once we had decided to go forward with IVF, I had questions about the drugs and injections I was prescribed, and I was able to get on the phone with him personally within a couple of days to get answers from him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Be prepared to wait for your initial appointment, but he is worth the wait. And have a list of questions ready to go and be prepared to take notes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
Dr. Toledo is the most kind and caring doctor I've ever had. He has a wonderful bedside manner. Every time we have been back to see him, he remembers us, our kids, and things we like to do. When we did our egg retrieval, we got fewer eggs than we expected, and he let me cry on his shoulder when I found out.
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
We started with IUI on Femara. (I had been prescribed Clomid and timed intercourse with my OB/GYN but that had not worked, so we moved onto Femara.) Each IUI cycle also included a trigger shot 12 hours before the first insemination, and then 24 hours, there was a second insemination. The first IUI cycle was negative, so they changed the timing of my progesterone. The second attempted IUI did not make it to insemination because I did not get any follicles, so they reversed on the progesterone timing. The second and third IUI were identical in terms of medications, and both resulted in chemical pregnancies. My beta with the second IUI stalled at just below 50, and the beta with the third IUI barely made it above 10. Dr. Toledo did give us the option after the second failed IUI to start IVF, but we elected to try one more. After the third failed IUI, we were told our best option was to proceed with IVF. We had a whole lot of bloodwork done (on both me and my husband) and a meeting with a genetic counselor. Dr. Toledo suspected that we were getting "bad eggs" (resulting in the chemical pregnancies), and he therefore recommended pre-implantation genetic screening to screen for embryos with abnormal numbers of chromosomes. He also suggested ICSI to directly inject the sperm into the egg. We did our first and only retrieval in November 2013, and came away with 9 eggs, 8 fertilized, and 7 made it to day 5, at which point they froze and biopsied all of them for genetic screening. I was on Bravelle and Menopur at the lowest doses recommended (I believe 2 injections of each, each day) because I have PCOS and they were worried about overstimulating. We then stopped the medication since we would be doing a fresh transfer. We ended up with 4 genetically normal embryos, and planned to transfer one of them in January. For the transfer, I was placed on birth control to level off my hormones and then put on estrogen (patches) and progesterone (suppositories) on the first day of the transfer cycle, which I was on till the pregnancy reached 12 weeks. (They will normally wean you off these starting at 8 weeks when the placenta has taken over, but I was traveling around week 10 and was being extra cautious, so they let me stay on it till 12 weeks, when I started seeing my regular OB/GYN). The transfer took place on day 20 of my cycle, and Dr. Toledo did the transfer himself. We got a positive pregnancy test, and that baby is now almost 4.5 years old. Dr. Toledo also did an "uterine scratch test" at the beginning of the cycle, which has shown increased pregnancy rates. We did a second frozen transfer in October 2016 with the same protocol and steps as our first frozen transfer, but Dr. Toledo did do an HSG test to make sure my uterus was still in good shape (no fibroids, cysts, etc.) It was all clear, and one of his colleagues did the second transfer. That baby is now 1.5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Megan, Lisa, and Krista)
Megan and Lisa were my primary nurses during my IUIs, egg retrieval, and first transfer. They were both wonderful and responded to all of my emails quickly. I did not have as much interaction with Krista because I treated there for a relatively short period of time with my second transfer (Megan and Lisa had both left by then), but she was always kind, called promptly with lab results, and answered emails quickly too.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Dr. Toledo's assistant - Melissa - is amazing and returns calls quickly. The front office staff, particularly Mary Ellen, is a delight and calls you by name when she sees you come in. They do have a policy that no children are allowed, which I appreciated as a patient before we had our girls and respected as a patient who has had two successful pregnancies. If you are bringing in new babies to meet Dr. Toledo, they ask you to wait across the elevator bank, just so you do not upset couples who have not yet had successful pregnancies. The only complaint I had about the clinic was their financial/accounting people. They often tried to bill us for things we hadn't had done, and one lady was particularly insensitive when I had to check out after I'd found out we wouldn't be able to go forward with the second planned IUI. The parking is also kind of expensive, so I would recommend carpooling with your significant other for appointments so you don't have to pay two parking fees.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at RBA.
The IUIs cost around $1500 ($500 per insemination, plus ultrasound monitoring and meds). For IVF, we used a financing plan that totaled approximately $22,000, but included 3 fresh cycles and 3 frozen cycles (and the benefit stops after a successful pregnancy). We only ended up needing one of each, so we probably overpaid. We were told when we went back for our second transfer that they had changed the program such that we could have used the funds leftover after our first successful transfer to put toward the second transfer. Medications for the egg retrieval were probably in the neighborhood of $4,000 to $5,000, most of it being out of pocket. My husband changed insurance plans for our second transfer, which had an allowance for fertility coverage, and it cost us approximately $600 or $700 out of pocket (including meds) . I think the frozen transfer without insurance would have been around $3000.
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Dr. Toledo was strongly in favor of a single embryo transfer - I was 31 and 34 at the time of both my transfers - and he did not see a reason to consider a multiple embryo transfer at my age. Given our circumstances, we also had a very good chance of one working (and those odds only increased with two), and he reminded us that twins is twice the cost at the same time (two daycare payments, two college tuitions, two of all the baby gear, etc.).
Andrew Toledo

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Rubin is an amazing doctor and makes me feel comfortable and she makes me feel like I matter. From the first time I sat in her office she has always made me feel welcomed and safe. She was very supportive during each cycle even the one positive pregnancy I had that ended in death. I recommend Dr. Rubin to all my friends...If you want to feel safe and feel like you matter Dr. Rubin should be your doctor.
RBA’s strengths focus on ensuring the patient is aware of what procedure will happen, how it will happen, and follow up is great. The financial office is not as informative about what is owed. I may come in for one cycle and do the ultrasound and not be charged and the next cycle I am asked for payment. It can become confusing. I’m not sure if I had a credit or what...The clinical team is very responsive and informative. Always professional and available to answer questions.
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Dr. Rubin truly cares about her patients. After the passing of my son who was born 8/9/21 and passed the next day 8/10/21 she has been very empathetic and very supportive on trying to get me to a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Callie )
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at RBA.
IUI in 2021 was about $350 and I can’t remember how much ultrasound was IUI in 2022 is about $475 and I paid $215 for ultrasound Storage is $200
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
I was told when insurance was verified that my insurance would cover the IVF and when it came time to start a cycle I was told different information. I was prepared to pay the discussed amount of almost $6000 but once I received that news it was disappointing and I did t have $20,000 to pay.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Best was always excited about the next steps in my treatment even when it wasn't what we expected...She reviewed my chart carefully as well as listened to my experiences from my previous clinic and miscarriages. She used that information to make sure my next transfer would be successful...Dr. Best's approach was eSet, however, with my age and previous miscarriages I requested two embryo transfers. She agreed.
Multiple locations [RBA] and early morning appointments were great. The staff was friendly. All the various techs from blood taking to ultrasounds to the front desk were great. The primary location was busy but they keep things moving at a good pace...A few times I had to call billings to make sure my claim was submitted but they were very responsive...[nurses were] Very responsive and answered any questions I had or took my questions back to Dr. Best. They would call or email with the answer....
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best was always excited about the next steps in my treatment even when it wasn't what we expected. She treated you like a real person and never was I afraid to ask questions. She reviewed my chart carefully as well as listened to my experiences from my previous clinic and miscarriages. She used that information to make sure my next transfer would be successful.
Come prepared with all your questions. She will answer them or get back to you with those answered. She listens well to everything you ask and even comments you make about your concerns.
Dr. Best always remembered my name and the treatment plan she had set. Always checked on my care and never made me feel like I was not part of the plan.
I had three surgeries to remove adhesions, however, it was worth it. Dr. Best suggested a natural cycle as I would get pregnant on my own but would miscarry. The protocol was baby aspirin, Lovenox, estrogen, and PIO (both injections and pills).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Dr. Best's nurses were the best. Always were kind and understood the plan Dr. Best had outlined. Very responsive and answered any questions I had or took my questions back to Dr. Best. They would call or email with the answer.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Multiple locations and early morning appointments were great. The staff was friendly. All the various techs from blood taking to ultrasounds to the front desk were great. The primary location was busy but they keep things moving at a good pace.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
My insurance covered most of the care and my co-pays were very reasonable. A few times I had to call billings to make sure my claim was submitted but they were very responsive.
Sandy Springs

Our consultations went very well with Dr. Slayden. He was easy to talk to, humorous, and always explained risks and benefits associated with each procedure and medication...He has an analytical and conservative approach...whoever is on call for the week does your retrieval and transfer so you might not receive direct physical care from your assigned doctor
While getting into RBA can be a communication challenge, once you are "in" as a patient you receive top-notch care...whoever is on call for the week does your retrieval and transfer so you might not receive direct physical care from your assigned doctor...communication has been very fast and effective once you are officially an RBA patient. There were no mishaps and all calls/portal messages were returned promptly
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
Our consultations went very well with Dr. Slayden. He was easy to talk to, humorous, and always explained risks and benefits associated with each procedure and medication. I never felt pushed in any way and was actually given the option of what protocol I wanted to pursue for transfer. I obviously trusted his judgement and went with his first suggestion, but I appreciated him giving me options and fully explaining risks and benefits that went along with it. He has an analytical and conservative approach which we appreciated.
Do copious amounts of research and education on your own so your time during consultations can be spent talking specifically about YOU and not general info about IVF that you could already learn about on your own time. Have your questions written down beforehand.
While getting into RBA can be a communication challenge, once you are "in" as a patient you receive top-notch care. I do remember trying to get initially scheduled took some time but communication has been very fast and effective once you are officially an RBA patient. There were no mishaps and all calls/portal messages were returned promptly. I really felt like all nurses, doctors, and office staff cared.
We were dealing with MFI so I had a very textbook and normal straight-forward protocol. BC for 2+ weeks, low dose HCG + Follistim for a few days, and then added in daily Ganirelix for the remainder of stims. Triggered with Lupron and had retrieval 2 days later. 21 eggs retreived, 13 mature, 9 fertilized, 6 embryos, 3 PGS normal. All frozen for a FET 2 months later. Transfer protocol was BC for 2+ weeks, daily Lupron injections ( I am a normal ovulator so this was added to prevent my body from ovulating on its own, resulting in a cancelled cycle), combination of Estrogen tablets + patches, and progesterone in oil injections. 1st FET was successful and I continued all FET meds until week 10 of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Shelby and Lizzy)
Nurses are the MVPs of this place. My nursing team (Lizzy and Shelby) was incredibly compassionate, great at communicating, organized, prepared me well, and I knew they were cheering for us. I also had a great experience with the blood draw nurse (I can be a hard stick and she was always gentle patient and kind) and ultrasound techs.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strength: high end technology, large and can take many patients, top-notch nursing and office staff, lots of resources, helpful online portal, good location, industry leaders, never a long wait time for appointments, was comfortable and well taken care of in surgery and procedures. Weakness: would be nice to have met our doctor in person but we know this is due to Covid (whoever is on call for the week does your retrieval and transfer so you might not receive direct physical care from your assigned doctor, this was not an issue for me though)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Retreival was $14,100, stim meds were $4000, genetic testing was $100 per embryo + $250 shipping cost (this was a 3rd party expense), FET was $4250 per transfer and transfer meds through 10 weeks of pregnancy were about $1200
RBA is a supporter of eSET due to their high success rates weighed against risks of multiple births, we were in agreeance with this

2020, Consult
Investor
Dr. Rubin did not treat us like a number but it wasn’t very humanly either. She was not what we expected. As a person, doctor, let alone an infertility specialist. She had no bedside manner and she was offensive...barely explained the IVF and IUI procedure. She didn’t even take the time to educate us in depth but gave us the Spark Notes version of the explanation; uhm social media bloggers were much more helpful than Dr. Rubin. My husband and I did not move forward with her. We did not feel she was the right doctor for us.
The [RBA] receptionist is impolite... basically rude. Having a welcoming Receptionist is important. She did not help with the check in process. quest lab is on the same floor as RBA, which is convenient...Nurse Caitlin was fantastic. It’s a shame she is so kind and compassionate that works with a doctor who is the completely opposite...Choose a doctor and team that you feel comfortable with. Someone you will have faith in and you can trust in.
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Nurse Caitlin was fantastic. It’s a shame she is so kind and compassionate that works with a doctor who is the completely opposite. Dr. Rubin barely explained the IVF and IUI procedure. She didn’t even take the time to educate us in depth but gave us the Spark Notes version of the explanation; uhm social media bloggers were much more helpful than Dr. Rubin. My husband and I did not move forward with her. We did not feel she was the right doctor for us.
Dr. Rubin did not treat us like a number but it wasn’t very humanly either. She was not what we expected. As a person, doctor, let alone an infertility specialist. She had no bedside manner and she was offensive. First, she would not shake our hands because of COVID (understandable, although it was just being introduced into the US). She then proceeded to ask if my husband and I were related, immediately following “I have to ask legally”. And a few moments later she asked where we were from, as if she wanted to confirm we did not have COVID. She felt immediately uncomfortable when we told her we had not traveled outside the US in 3-4 years. She then talked about how she traveled Japan and China in November 2020 and talked about that for about 3 minutes....................... Our consultation was barely 15 minutes for $270.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Nurse Caitlin was great. She was kind and compassionate . I wish I could request her at a different facility :’)
Describe your experience with RBA.
The receptionist is impolite... basically rude. Having a welcoming Receptionist is important. She did not help with the check in process. quest lab is on the same floor as RBA, which is convenient.
Consultation was $270.

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Doctor Shapiro spends time with me answering questions with facts and studies instead of telling me no or yes. He has validated my want to be a mom and how hard it must be to be in childcare and not be able to have my own children...quick to answer questions with care...We’ve used 3 different egg donors, and when the cycles weren’t working with my husband’s sperm, they kindly asked for us to use a sperm donor. We’ve changed estrogen from pills to injections when the pills weren’t working for me
Communication at first [with RBA] was hard with trying to get all the correct paperwork for our checklist. We kept getting told we had it all done and then something else would need to be signed. We live out of state so we’ve had to get things notarized and mailed quickly bc of this and spent lots of money...We got a package that was $28,500 with eggs...Kelly was my first nurse and the most kind and validating person ever. I had issues with Diana’s communication (called and left me a voicemail telling me I had no surviving embryos)
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Knowledgeable and caring. He’s validated all my feelings, takes time to answer questions in detail and has fought the clinic for us when things haven’t gone well. I haven’t been able to stay pregnant yet but he has confidence and is going to keep helping us fight. He’s never acted like we are a problem.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Just be honest with what you need, he listens and truly cares. You’re not a number
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
Doctor Shapiro spends time with me answering questions with facts and studies instead of telling me no or yes. He has validated my want to be a mom and how hard it must be to be in childcare and not be able to have my own children. He and his nurses are quick to answer questions with care.
Describe the protocols Daniel Shapiro used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
We’ve used 3 different egg donors, and when the cycles weren’t working with my husband’s sperm, they kindly asked for us to use a sperm donor. We’ve changed estrogen from pills to injections when the pills weren’t working for me. The rest has been same with progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Vann)
Kelly was my first nurse and the most kind and validating person ever. I had issues with Diana’s communication (called and left me a voicemail telling me I had no surviving embryos). Vann has been through infertility so she gets it in a deeper way. She emails me even when the office is closed and is always beyond helpful and compassionate.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Communication at first was hard with trying to get all the correct paperwork for our checklist. We kept getting told we had it all done and then something else would need to be signed. We live out of state so we’ve had to get things notarized and mailed quickly bc of this and spent lots of money.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
We got a package that was $28,500 with eggs
Daniel Shapiro

2019 - 2020, Consult
I personally wanted a doctor with high success rates and want the clinical information. I do not need warm fuzzy bedside manner. I just want the facts and no nonsense. So Dr. Straub was perfect! He doesn't treat me as a number per se but he also isn't hand-holding...He wants to do high dose injections, ICSI, 5 day embryos with genetic screen, ultrasound guided frozen transfer the next cycle, assisted hatching, and post-transfer course of steroids and progesterone.
[RBA Clinic] Strength: everyone is very professional, the facility and people are high quality Weakness: limited hours the clinic is open and limited phone accessibility with difficulty reaching a live person. They do have multiple offices in the metro Atlanta area for convenience...It is around 10k for if no insurance for just the egg-collection. If you have insurance they raise the price high enough that you end up paying 8k out of pocket. Labs and genetic testing are extra. Medications are additional and expected to cost 5-7k, then there are fees for egg/embryos frozen storage.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He is very matter of fact and wants you to have your baby through the way he scientifically knows it will happen. I was very pleased to learn that what he was recommending was in line with the best practices I had read up on. He is there for you if you are ready for IVF. He won't try to talk you into it but he really doesn't want to do other options when he doesn't think those things will be successful. But I prefer he to-the-point style.
Look for results, not hand-holding.
I cannot undergo IVF yet because of Covid-19 but I am in line for when it is allowed again. I am 35 with low ovarian reserve and my husband is 52. He wants to do high dose injections, ICSI, 5 day embryos with genetic screen, ultrasound guided frozen transfer the next cycle, assisted hatching, and post-transfer course of steroids and progesterone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They are all nice on the phone but his office has very limited hours and it is difficult to reach anyone in person. I usually have to leave a voicemail.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strength: everyone is very professional, the facility and people are high quality Weakness: limited hours the clinic is open and limited phone accessibility with difficulty reaching a live person. They do have multiple offices in the metro Atlanta area for convenience. The Sandy Springs is close to my work so I like that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
He appears to transfer the number recommended by the guidelines. It is age dependent and stage of embryo dependent.

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Robert Straub] was very informative, but the consult felt like he was reciting a speech that hes given a million times and he spoke very fast...So far Dr. Straub did my consultation, but a physician assistant and nurse performed my diagnostic procedures. He was very informative. I have not gotten a chance to speak with him about the results of the tests and what we do next.
[The nursing staff at RBA] seem very helpful and attentive...So far Dr. Straub did my consultation, but a physician assistant and nurse performed my diagnostic procedures. He was very informative. I have not gotten a chance to speak with him about the results of the tests and what we do next...I was disappointed that I had to call to request my test results from the clinic and that they did not call me when the results came back from the lab.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Have all your questions ready to go before you get there and don't be afraid to interject if you need him to explain something again or in more detail.
He was very informative, but the consult felt like he was reciting a speech that hes given a million times and he spoke very fast.
I went to my consult with the desire to get information and start the process of IUI with use of a sperm donor. He went over all of the diagnostic tests that he recommends to make sure that I am a good candidate for the procedure. If all the blood work was normal, which it was, his suggestion would be to try a natural cycle IUI or Clomed + IUI (with a sperm donor). I also had a vaginal ultrasound and Femvue procedure which showed a uterine polyp. The PA doing the procedure recommended waiting 6 mo and repeating the ultrasound to see if the polyp had fallen out on its own, and when the nurse called with the blood work results, she said that Dr. Straub had written a note that I could schedule a procedure to remove the polyp surgically before proceeding with the IUI. I have not had the chance yet to have any additional procedures.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
They seem very helpful and attentive. I was a little light headed after my Femvue procedure, and one of the nurses went to get some juice and search for a gluten free snack (I'm celiac) to help my blood sugar. She didn't end up finding anything, but she really seemed like she was trying.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I'm sure that the Covid pandemic is partially to blame, but I was disappointed that I had to call to request my test results from the clinic and that they did not call me when the results came back from the lab.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
The consultation was free of charge, my insurance paid for the blood work, and the Femvue procedure with vaginal ultrasound was $295.
No opinion
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
I wasn't called with my test results, and the PA and doctor gave conflicting opinions of what my next steps should be.
Sandy Springs

Dr. Shapiro took the time to meet with my husband and I for an hour to discuss our specific situation and the best options. He was attentive and addressed out questions and concerns...He went over our medical history and was very realistic as to our situation. He was not overly optimistic but was also not discouraging. He offered concrete a strategies to address and potential back up plans...He went over our medical history and was very realistic as to our situation. He was not overly optimistic but was also not discouraging. He offered concrete a strategies to address and potential back up plans.
Everyone was really great at the clinic [RBA]! They were kind, compassionate and encouraging. My main issues was that it was very hard to reach someone fast or directly. I found that on a couple of occasions they did not seem to have my tests stored in an organized manner and seemed to not even know they were available...$14,100 for IVF...The office was always neat, clean and I never had to wait long to get my bloodwork our ultrasounds. The staff was very pleasant and encouraging. I did find that they were a bit disorganized with their paperwork and my test results. It was also very hard to reach someone directly and in an expedient manner.
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at RBA?
I would highly recommend a consultation!
My diagnosis was multifaceted- very low AMH, ovarian resistance and possibly poor egg quality due to my age (40). We went directly into IVF starting on the 1st day of my period with a relatively high dose of medications. Unfortunately my follicles did not respond to the hormone stimulation and we decided to cancel the cycle. On our follow-up appointment, we decided to attempt another round of IVF but starting the hormone injections 15 days prior to the start of my period. This decision was based on the fact that I had enough follicles, just not enough of them grew.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jenny)
Everyone was really great at the clinic! They were kind, compassionate and encouraging. My main issues was that it was very hard to reach someone fast or directly. I found that on a couple of occasions they did not seem to have my tests stored in an organized manner and seemed to not even know they were available.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at RBA.
$14,100 for IVF
Describe Daniel Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
I really liked Dr. Shapiro's thought process behind choices like these and found myself in agreement with his suggestions.
Daniel Shapiro
Sandy Springs
Dr. Slayden always made me feel welcomed and heard...Take plenty of notes when you go to appts, bc he does talk fast...We decided to do IVF with low dose HCG, Cetrotide, and Gonal F...Due to my estrogen being too high, we had to nix the Fresh transfer protocol and move to a complete FET. He believed I was on the verge of having OHSS....currently 18 weeks, 3 days pregnant with our little girl!
I really enjoy the satellite sites compared to the main clinic [for RBA]. I feel like they were more personable compared to those at the home base. I went to Marietta and Cartersville satellite sites. I had to go to Sandy Springs (main clinic) for husband's appts, retrieval/transfer, and during the beginning of pandemic. The main clinic just has a lot going on, esp bc it is attached to a large hospital.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
As a patient, Dr. Slayden always made me feel welcomed and heard. He listened to what I had to say and what my needs were, then planned the best course of treatment to satisfy everyone. He was positive during every appt. I did not feel like a number under his care.
He is very energetic, so be prepared. But he is willing to do what is necessary to get you pregnant. Take plenty of notes when you go to appts, bc he does talk fast. He will answer every question you have to the best of his ability.
Dr. Slayden always asked about my husband when he couldn't make it to appts (esp during the pandemic). He would always take the time to ask about work, etc. He was always so caring and wanted to make sure we would become pregnant. He answered every question we had and made sure we understood our options. He also let us pick what WE wanted.
We started off with MFI. We were recommended to Dr. Slayden by my husband's urologist, who is also at RBA. We decided to do IVF with low dose HCG, Cetrotide, and Gonal F as the medications for retrieval. Due to my estrogen being too high, we had to nix the Fresh transfer protocol and move to a complete FET. He believed I was on the verge of having OHSS and didn't want to risk anything. Then the pandemic hit, but we were able to have our FET in June 2020 (successful) and currently 18 weeks, 3 days pregnant with our little girl!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Lacie Bean )
Lacie was an actual saint. She held my hand every step of the way, esp when my husband couldn't be there. She did everything she could to help the pregnancy along. She always called to check on me, held my hand when I cried, and made sure that I always had what I needed. I couldn't have gone through this without her. The other nurses and staff were great, too! Always friendly and willing to help!
Describe your experience with RBA.
I really enjoy the satellite sites compared to the main clinic. I feel like they were more personable compared to those at the home base. I went to Marietta and Cartersville satellite sites. I had to go to Sandy Springs (main clinic) for husband's appts, retrieval/transfer, and during the beginning of pandemic. The main clinic just has a lot going on, esp bc it is attached to a large hospital.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Whew. With any fertility treatment, it is expensive. Luckily, SOME things were sent to our insurance, but not all. Most everything was paid out of pocket (esp IVF treatment, meds, FET)
He explained to us the difference and due to my age, size (fairly small in weight and height), and the increased chance of having twins (or more), we all agreed that a single embryo transfer was best.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
There were a couple of times with my husband's results that they failed to call us and we had to call them to get them.